Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the World champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody, and welcome in two moo Rono Casino Dodgers on deck on this Monday night, April twentieth, twenty twenty six, as you're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers are on the road still in Denver, Colorado, is they wrap up this four game series against the Rockies. Dodgers fifteen and six overall on this season. After winning the season opener on Friday, the Dodgers have now drop back to back games to the Rockies tonight, and they looked at salvage this series with the split. Justin Robluski on the mount He has been fantastic so far this season as the starter, first pitching coors Field he is coming up at five forty. Certainly some big news already for the Dodgers. Off the field. Edwin Diaz placed on the injured list with bodies in his right throwing elbow, the team announcing that he will have surgery on Wednesday in Los Angeles. There's a timetable of about three months that he will miss, so you're looking after the All Star break. More on Edwin Diaz, how this affects the team, where they pivot now, as far as a closer all coming up here on Morongco Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from David Vasia. Course throughout the hour, We're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Coming up in just about less than twenty minutes. We got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner. Coming up in about thirty five minutes. Kirsten Watson is on the field right now for Sports and at LA. We'll check in with her just a little bit, gonna live update on what's happening, what's the mood of the team right now? Coming up, we'll hear from Tim neverd Rick Monday in the galloping at Ford Broadcast booth. Well yesterday at Dodger Stadium in Colorado, excuse me. The Dodgers jumped out to a big lead, a three to nothing lead, thinks to Alex Freelan's RBI single to right, scoring Heis and Kim and the Dodgers were up one to nothing. Then showey Otani followed that up with an RBI double. The Dodgers had a two to nothing lead on Michael Lorenzen. Then in the fourth, the Dodgers, still facing Lorenzen the pride of cal State Fullerton, when Ryan Award had a base.
Speaker 2: Knock swings there. It is base hit right field, first major league.
Speaker 1: Hit for ward by his rounding third, he'll score.
Speaker 7: It's three nothing. Get that man, the baseball. You'll get the baseball. Get a souvenir in a moment of a lifetime.
Speaker 5: Ryan Award had been waiting in the minor leagues for like seven plus season. Scott the call up, got the start, and he gets his first base hit, an RBI single to right score and Andy Pajez and the Dodgers had a three to nothing lead. However, Roki Sasaki walk the tight rope, could not get anybody out. In the fourth, runs Field single to right. It was a three to one game. Then in the fifth, Kyle Carrol's homer to Love center field. That made it a three to two game. Julian single to center, and just like that, the Dodgers and Rockies were all tied up at three. Top of the sixth inning, Dodgers got some traffic on the base pass for Alex Freeland.
Speaker 7: You know what's also going to be on display at the Hall of Fame is the first written rules of Baseball. Really looking forward to seeing that.
Speaker 2: Are you going to get to go?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: One to oh pitch in the right field of base hit for Freeland. Dodgers retake the lead, Paul Scores rounding second and pulling into third, standing up as he Son Kim second run batted in this afternoon for Alex Freeland and the Dodgers lead at four to three.
Speaker 5: Dodgers retake the lead in the top of the six. However, the bottom of the seventh in Hean proved to be disaster for Blake Trining and the Dodgers' bullpen. After that got shelled, Dodgers found themselves down nine to four going to the ninth inning. Will Smith and RBI single, Dalton rushing and RBI ground out. Dodgers made it a nine to six game, but that's as close as they would get as the Rockies get a win nine to six over the Dodgers, as the loss goes to Blake Trining, who gave up three runs on four hits a home run, could not record it out as the Dodgers now have lost back to back games. So the Rockies tonight fourth and final set from Corus Field as they look to get a split of this four game series. Justin Robleski on the mound, first pitch at five forty and with more, let's head out to the gallopin Ford broadcast with as we welcome in Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Thank you Tim. Beautiful weather here in Denver, Colorado. We couldn't say that a few nights ago when the snow came and the field was covered by a couple of inches of it. But tonight a totally different deal. Temperatures expected to get as high as a before they'll start going back downhill, and just an absolutely picture perfect weather night for a ballgame here in Denver, Colorado. The final game of this four game wrap round series the Rockies nine and thirteen, they'll send left hander Jose Quintana to the Hill. The veteran last faced the Dodgers in the postseason last year with the Brewers. Meantime, the Dodgers fifteen and six will have lefty Justin Robluski on the hill, coming off his best outing as a Dodger. As far as the news of the day goes, Edwin Diaz going on the injured list. The Dodgers closer didn't look quite right yesterday and after looking at him today, it's been determined he has loose bodies in his right pitching elbow, so he's going to go on the injured list. Jake Eder, another lefty, has been called up from Triple A, to take his spot, but right now the Dodgers say it's going to be closer by committee. They're not ready to name anybody to come in and finish up games here.
Speaker 7: Hopefully the surgery goes well and hopefully there's no other surprise is other than just the loose bodies that's enough to put him on the sidelines. For the Dodgers' bak club, it's been kind of a strange offensively in this series. It's not that they have been stemmy. I mean they lose last night even though they had fifteen days hits. And the Dodgers with that loss back to back losses, the first team in baseball to have avoided losing back to back, and now they joined the group. How about very busy southern California city. The La Kings are here. They came out for batting practice to see what was happening. The Sandego Padres came into the Dodgers same hotel last night. They have an off day to day. They're back and harness tomorrow against the Rockies. And by the way, the Padres knocking in the doors, winners of nine of the last ten starting today, just a half game out of first behind the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: So they've been hot lately and the Dodgers have not. They've lost two of the first three to the Rockies, and the Rockies trying to win this series tonight, the Dodgers hoping.
Speaker 5: For a series split.
Speaker 2: Sho hail Tani will still be at the top of the order, but number two, who Kyle Tucker, will take the night off and Alex called a right handed bat against the left he start Jose Kittana, we'll get the call.
Speaker 7: And the other part too, is with Freddy Freeman on the paternity list. We saw last night Ryan Ward make his major league debut play at first base, had a couple of base hits, including an RBI single, knocked in his first run of the big leagues in his second at bat. Made it look relatively easy. And tonight we see Dalton Rushing, who's going to bat in the ninth spot and he'll be at first base.
Speaker 2: So the Dodgers taking on the Rockies. The Rockies Troy Johnston, Now he's not a household name. I don't think any Dodger fans ever heard of Troy Johnston before this series, but he has been on fire. He's five for seven in the last two games with three doubles and a couple of RBIs. The left handed batter has had such a good game that Warren Schaffer, the manager of the Rockies, is going to keep him in the lineup against the left e er Bluskin.
Speaker 7: And why not, especially at Homer He's hitting over three point eighty and at home six extra base since he's knocked in six runs. He's enjoyed the high elevation the Coors Field.
Speaker 2: Robuski against Kintana. It's the Dodgers against the Rockies' final game of this four game series.
Speaker 5: Tim all right, thank you guys as we cut you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, what are you doing for dinner tonight? Got any plans? How about getting that game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Where are your Shaky's Pizza, Shakin and mojos right now at Shakey's dot Com? Coming up here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. More on the Edwin Diaz injury. Where do the Dodgers turn now for saves? Play tried in ten or Scott alex Vesia? Do they need a quote unquote closer. We'll talk about it throughout the hour. David Vase will join us. Kirsten Watson though, will join us next live from the field in Denver. As we're leading you up to Dodgers and Rockies on this Monday night. First pitch coming up at five forty. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Keats's the back to back world champion Dodgers. All you knowing.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Rockies wrapping up this four game series from the Mile Highs City. Justin Robleski Jose Cantana. The pitching madshup first pitch set for five forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani.
Speaker 2: Rewhy Antani got on base three times last night, twice on errors. One of them was a catcher's interference call. And he hit a base hit in the ninth and Otani hits it to the right center field alley. That's gonna split the outfielders and go to the wall. Freeling on his horse. He's around third, He's coming to the plate. He'll score Otani in with an RBI double. It is two and to nothing, and Otani extends his on base streak to fifty one games and his hitting streak at Corus Field in nineteen straight. He has been on base in fifty one straight games. He's waiting soon, drives one deep slight left center field.
Speaker 1: That ball is gonna bounce off the track over the wall for a double show.
Speaker 5: Hey Otani with a pair of doubles, drives in a run show. Hey O'tani now hitting two seventy three on this season, and the consecutive on base streak now at fifty one games dating back to August twenty fourth of last year. This streak now ranks third longest in La Dodger franchise history, trailing only Duke Snyder and now only two behind Sean Green.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 5: Hey Kirson now joins us live from the field in Denver. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate it today, your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donating now at carsfrokids dot org. That's Cars with the k curs. In the big news, Edwin Diaz going to the IL and he's gonna have surgery.
Speaker 8: He is he gonna have surgery on Wednesday. And look we look at his last two outings. There had been a week in between those two outings, the first one in which he gave up his first blown save against the Rangers. When he was talking to just some of the media afterwards, he was saying he had felt like he just felt like he wasn't right in that outing. And obviously he had knee surgery back in twenty and twenty three, and he thought maybe that was kind of contributing to a little bit of a slower start earlier in the year. But after his outing yesterday, Dave Roberts, even when he was talking to the media, he made it clear that just something didn't seem right. Obviously just the velocity wasn't just doing a bad place, but location just wasn't there. And so afterward, when we spoke to the training staff, I do want had shared that he had some elbow discomfort. They decided send him in to have some imaging and that's what has now exposed these loose bodies that he's dealing with in his right elbow. So he is going to have surgery. The hope is that he will be ready to go by the second half of the season. Obviously it's very early, so finding out this news now is a good thing, but still a blow for edwin ds.
Speaker 5: What is the plan now as far as the Dodgers' bullpen and a closer.
Speaker 8: So they're not going to go with a closer for now. Obviously they've got guys like Tanner, Scott, Alex Setia has been performing really well, but they've decided that for now they're not going to have a true closer. They just kind of have guys that are going to be available in key situations.
Speaker 5: Being around this team the last couple of hours since the news came out, what has been the vibe? What have you noticed about everybody else in that locker room?
Speaker 8: You know what I think. Obviously it's tough news, but they know how to show up for each other. It's not the first star that's gone down on this team, and so they are just going to continue, especially the guys in the bullpens, continue to step up for each other and obviously, you know, find ways to still be competitive, and they've been performing really well outside of these last two games, but looking to compete in when Edwin returns and it's healthy, just kind of have me putting him in a position where you can slot.
Speaker 5: Right back in no doubt all right here, So we appreciate it coming up here on WRONGO because you know, Dodgers on deck will dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Sin's going to go one on one with Dalton Rushing. But up next, we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. That's coming up Dodgers and Rockies from Denver. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Audio note.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season law.
Speaker 5: Marago Casino Dodgers on deck. She uses we'd lead you out to first pitch on this Monday night Dodgers and Rockies, Marogo Casino Resort and spy a grand slam for good times. Chester Robleski on the mountain. First pitch from Denver, coming up at five forty.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 5: Report presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner of Los Angeles Dodgers. And when Diaz placed on the injured list with bodies in his right elbow, he will have surgery on his right elbow Wednesday in Los Angeles. We're looking at about a three month timetable for him to return. More on that coming up with Dave Roberts, the manager. In just a minute. He joins by Casparius, Mookie Bets, Tommy Edmund Blake, Snell on the injured list, Rock Stewart on a minor league rehabit, Sigmon trying to work his way back landing neck, Kevin Stone, Evan Phillips, A lot of pictures still on the injured list. The good news is, eventually these pictures are going to get healthy and join this Dodgers team here in the big leagues. All right, let's head back to Denver. We promised you an update. Let's hear from the manager himself. The questions for Dave.
Speaker 4: Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Robberts.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, obviously we all saw you know, the stuff last night and it was set up, you know, red flags, and so after the game, he had a conversation with our training staff and thought that he had some elbow discomfort and kind of looking at you know, what was going on last night. So we just wanted to be prac diff and felt that it was smart to get an MRI, get imma jinging, which we did do, and it showed loose bodies and so it happens with players, and so it just kind of came to a head last night, and so we felt get the surgery scheduled and expect a second half return.
Speaker 10: Considering it is so early in the season. Does this at least feel somewhat like best case scenario of finding out this now being able to schedule surgery and putting him in a position which she could be available as I can have it.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, I think given you know, you losing your starter to a surgery, this is I would say best case scenario.
Speaker 11: Just guesstory, was the first time you mentioned anything at the elbow?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 10: Did did he say if it had been bothering him before the first time he felt it?
Speaker 9: First time he felt it, and so not to make it about myself is but I had that same surgery at the end of my and it's something that just you have loose bodies and they're asymptomatic until they're not, and so so I can actually can kind of relate to, you know, what he was going through. So it just happened last night, and it's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: There's the manager Dave Roberts on Edwin Diaz MRIs shows bodies in the elbow surgery Wednesday out three months. So we continue here on Marogo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll get more from David Vesey. How does this impact the Dodgers bullpen for the next three months and the rules for those guys down there in the Dodgers bullpen. We'll get that from David as we lead you up to first pitch. Dodgers and Rockies from Denver. I'm Tim Kase's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino. Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Rockies wrapping up this four game series from the Mile highs City Dodgers a win to get a split as he headed to San Francisco, Justin Robleski on the mount. First pitch, coming up at a five point forty Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by El Pato, born in La and made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican styles to Maato sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your plate. El Poto Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 5: All right, DV. This injury to Edwin Diaz, this is gonna affect the Dodgers' bullpen there rolls down there more. But give it kind of give us what you know now.
Speaker 6: Well, what we know now is it's not his knee. It's his right elbow. Right, I mean, we heard about his knee. Uh, this is not his knee, it is his right elbow. He is going to miss the rest of the first half. Dave Roberts did not have any certain month or day when Edwin Diaz was going to return. But after Dave Roberts spoken after thes just completed batting practice, I had a chance to catch up with Dodgers GM Brandon Gomes to get more clarity on the injury to Edwin Diaz.
Speaker 11: When performance has been a little fluctuating the way we see, it's like, it makes sense that there's stuff going on. So yeah, I think it'll create opportunities for other guys. The good news is that we expect them back in the second half, and this shouldn't, you know, change anything going towards the end of the season and into October when we'll need him and he'll be fresh.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess that's a positive way to look at it. When Edwin Diaz does return sometime in the second half, they will have a fresh Edwin Diaz. They should have a fresh Evan Phillips when the Dodgers go down the stretch.
Speaker 2: Run.
Speaker 5: David is brought to by the Ford Maverick Motor Trends in North American Truck of the Year. The Ford Maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best mr MSRP of its category. It's time to see four in a new light. Go to your Southern California at four dealers today. All right, David, how does this affect the bullpen?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 5: As far as roles are there identified roles? Is it closer by committee? What are they gonna do?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 6: The first guy I look for today when I heard the news about Edwin Diaz undergoing right elbow surgery was Tanner Scott. He was signed to be the Dodger closer a year ago, and I asked him what does this mean for you? And he said, whenever the phone rings, I'll answer it. But nobody has told me that I'm the closer or I'm any sort of new defined role. So I asked Brandon Gomes as well, whether or not he believes the ninth inning is made for everybody.
Speaker 11: I think we have a lot of guys capable of pitching in the ninth inning, so I think it is I think it is a different three outs, but we also have multiple guys that have done it at a high level in the past. So for our team, it's for most guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So you look at Alex Vesia, Blake, tryin In, Tanner, Scott, They've all had experienced closed in games, whether it's regularly or when it's a matchup situation. So right now it's closer by committee depending on matchups, and I would say those three names right now tim would be the best choices to try to get the last three outs.
Speaker 5: Damn it. How important is it for this team back on the field tonight to get out of Colorado with a split of this four game series.
Speaker 2: It's big.
Speaker 6: You don't want to lose three out of four to the Rockies. They're a much better organized team than they were the last ten years, that's evident. But there's no reason for the Dodgers to lose three out of four to this team, especially going up against a pitcher like Jose Cantana. The Dodgers have had a lot of opportunities in this series that they have squandered. They're hitting under two hundred with runners in scoring positions, so if that changes, you know, a couple of hits there, a couple of hits last night, they win one of those two games, but they've got to be able to capitalize when they have runners on base.
Speaker 5: Great stuff, Dave. We'll check back in with you in just a little bit. Coming up here on Wrongo Causino Dodgers on deck. Debi's gonna go one on one with Dalton Rushing. We'll hear from Charlie Steiner. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But I'm next, Let's catch you your Dodgers Magical moment Dodgers and Rockies from Denver. First pitch coming up at five forty. I'm Tim Kates. It's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Lean you up to Dodgers and the Colorado Rockies on this Monday ninth. Justin Robuski, Jose Cantana. The pitching matchup. Edwin Diaz placed on the injured list bodies in his right throwing elbow. He'll have surgery on that right elbow on Wednesday. He had a ten to fifty ERA this season and a couple of appearances after signing the lucrative offseason deal to be the Dodgers closer. We just heard from Brandon Gomes, Dodgers general manager. More coming up with Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 1: But first, I.
Speaker 2: Without a hot dog?
Speaker 6: Who wants a hot dog?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy.
Speaker 3: Magical Moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawby hot Dogs.
Speaker 5: We go back to September twenty fifth, twenty and sixteen, ten seasons ago. Dodgers take it on the Rockies at Dodger Stadium. The Dodgers looking to clench the division against the Rockies and what was Vin Scully's final home game.
Speaker 12: Bottom of the tenth, tied at three, Boom Logan, the lefty set and the pitch to Culberson.
Speaker 2: There's a fly.
Speaker 5: Ball to left field?
Speaker 1: Did they do it?
Speaker 2: Charlie Culberson a'll walk off home run. The Dodgers win.
Speaker 5: The West for the fourth consecutive year.
Speaker 12: But this win is for Finn and Charlie Colberson is a man Who's done.
Speaker 5: It, Hey walk golf home run from Charlie Coleberson. You can pitch it right now, throwing that helmet into the sky as Dodger Stadium was rocking it. What was Vince Scully's final home game broadcasting Dodgers Baseball. Great call from Charlie Steiner ten years ago, two thousand and sixteen. This Hoffey magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs. Haffey so Coow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years Offfey hot Dogs local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with Charlie and Rick lead you to first pitch Dodgers and Rockies from Denver. I'm Tim Kas' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio detwork.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 5: Itson Dodgers in Denver. Say wrap up this four game series against the Colorado Rockies. Justin Robleski Jose Cantana. The pitching matchup time now for the Verizons startup is we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now you can lock in your low price for three years, so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today. We have things off to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 12: All right, Tim, Timmy Trumpet's going to be sidelined for a while. Why because Edwin Die hasn't struggled so mightily yesterday has been placed on the injured list with what has been described as loose bodies in his right elbow.
Speaker 4: MO.
Speaker 12: That cannot be good.
Speaker 7: No, it's not. And in the process we're getting Jake Eder has been called up so he will be available out of the bullpen. But it's not good. And we saw noticeably a drop in velocity and also the fact that DEAs we're just not throwing the strikes to the percentage that we had gotten used to see him when he's at the New York Mets organization. So yeah, that's that's a big blow. One thing about it, too, Charlie, I think you and I have talked about it, is that the bullpen seems to have gotten on track, I think relatively early this year. And by that I'm talking about understanding roles and complementing one another as they come in with various skills sets, different looks, different pitches that they throw on that end of it, But now they're going to have to readjust again and someone's going to have to step up and say, look, I'll take the back into ballgames.
Speaker 12: Diaz will have the elbow repaired on Wednesday back in Los Angeles. Loose bodies in the right elbow. When he'll be back is just about anybody's yes. Meantime, the Dodgers, first time all season have lost back to back games. Even so fifteen and six, last team to lose to in a row this season. The Dodgers still with the best record in the game, and somewhat surprising, they go to historically go up to Denver and they have their way with the Rockies, but not the last two nights.
Speaker 7: No, and the Rockies if we look at the history of the Rockies normally, they're a better team, higher scoring team that exist here at home. And that's kind of the story so far, because at home averaging four point eight runs this year per game, and on the road it's three and a half runs. So it's not a gigantic difference when you look at it initially. But I'll say one thing, they are swinging the bats a brief conversation with Dave Roberts in his office earlier today, I mentioned the fact in Game one in particular in this series, the Rockies hitters went to home plate like there was a time limit and they had to take three swings before that the clock tick to the to the zero spot. They had been swinging the bats very frequently and quite frankly, yesterday, very effectively.
Speaker 12: So Diaz, he's going to be out for an indetermined amount of time. Be interesting, now who will be the closer in his absence? And we look back at yesterday and Roki Sasaki again he comes. Then he goes yesterday four and two thirds three ear and run seven hits. He's got an era of over six now, and that's another question too.
Speaker 1: So twenty four.
Speaker 12: Hours of it, forty eight hours ago, Sasaki wasn't that much of a question. Diaz wasn't a question at all, And now you've got two significant question marks.
Speaker 7: I think the other thing was Sasaki we've seen occasionally halfway decent to velocity in the comparative terms of what we saw early last year. But with just four and two thirds, it took him seventy eight pitches and only forty three were strikes and lefties have hit well over three hundred against him to this particular point. One of the things about Sasaki also, even though there is a pitch clock, you know, the defense is standing around a lot because his ball one, ball two, then he takes extra time. Is Sasaki thinking too much about mechanics of the delivery instead of just going after hitters? Don't really know the answer, but the Dodgers are searching and searching very frantically to be able to figure out how he can get back on track.
Speaker 12: Dodgers are one and three when he starts, fourteen and three when somebody else does. That's a situation with Sasaki. Who's going to close? How the bullpen is gonna head forward in the next in determined amount a period of time with that elbow. Your guess is as good as mine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is. On the home front. If we look at this, it's not really seeming like a road game. The La Kings are in town. The Kings are coming here during batting practice and kind of bond with the ball club. San Diego. Padres checked into the same hotel the Dodgers are in. They checked in late last night and the only game in the Western Division is here tonight between the Dodgers and the Rockies. San Diego, Arizona, and San Francisco are all off on this evening's event after the Padres, they're just waiting in the wings. They start their series tomorrow here against the Rockies.
Speaker 12: The Pods are fifteen and seven. They've won nine of their last ten. They are half a game behind the Dodgers, who go off to San Francisco immediately after the game tonight a three game series with the Giants. Dodgers looking to split the four game series in Denver with the Rockies.
Speaker 5: Tim all right, thank you, Charlie. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by City Hall Preparation, precision in unrelay. Team commitment to being the best of what they do. That's what makes a champion Citio Hope. That commitment has one focus, curing cancer. Citio Hope, Champions of Hope mak an appointment today at CITYO Hope dot Org. Still to come here on Dodgers on deck. We'll get you a previous this pitching matchup. Rick'll be back with Tim Nevert as they get you the keys to the game for the booth. But up next to go high and tight with Dalton Rushing Dodger ketcher. It leads up to Dodgers and Rockies from Denver. I'm Tim Kason, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and Denver as they are wrapping up this four game set with the Rockies trying to get to split as they head to San Francisco. Justin Robleski Jose Cantana the pitching matchup Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner on the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vass a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: Well, nothing's fishy today in Colorado as the Dodgers are wrapping up this four game series, and I'm joined right now by today's starting first baseman, the one and only Dalton Rushing. Thanks a lot for the time, Appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm happy to be on with you, David always.
Speaker 6: Hey, I can't believe how much people made a big deal about you just pointing something out in observation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I'd like to say on air that there was there were no cheating scandals. Kind of jump into conclusion there, and we know the hitting guys over there, like they're just doing whatever they have to do to win, and we respect that.
Speaker 6: And you know this better than most. Will Klein told me that he was aware that he was tipping, and tipping is part of this game, now.
Speaker 4: Correct, Yeah, I mean every team does it, every team takes advantage of it. If you don't, you're kind of behind the eight ball. And honestly hot off of them. They played the game the right way, and I'm sorry that it came off the way it did. No hard feelings to any of those guys, but I'm glad we could create some team morale for them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no doubt, no doubt boosting morale from La to Denver. Hey, speaking of boosting morale, I've never the reality is your chances to start at this point are far and few between what you did yesterday to allow Ryan Ward to have the start at first base is one of the most unselfish things I've seen a teammate do. Can you take us through two nights ago when Dave Roberts approached you and how you knew this was all starting to formulate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had caught that night and it was a day game turn around. He had let me know a couple of days in advance that I was planning to play first base the next two days after I catch, and so yeah, I knew that was the plan. But as soon as I saw him walking up to me, I kind of knew where it was going. There were obviously there were no hard feelings whatsoever. That's that's an opportunity that guy's been waiting for for over six years now, and rightfully so. He he deserved every bit of it. He deserved to get out there and scrap him to knocks and RBI and have a really good debut honestly, and yeah, it was It was just, honestly just paying back the game that he's played over the last six years and deserving the right to be out on the field yesterday. I felt as if he's, like I said, he earned. It wasn't a handout to him more so than anyone else. So yeah, it was a cool moment. He had family coming in town. There's there's no reason for me to take a day like that. It's so special for him take it away from him at all.
Speaker 6: Did you really finish Dave Roberts's sentence before he could finish his own?
Speaker 4: I did. He was. He came up and approached me and said, hey, this is what I'm thinking. And before he even told me what he was thinking, I was like, I know where your head's at and he deserves it. And he was like, I appreciate you being so open minded about it and obviously giving him that opportunity. And like I said, he he made the most of his opportunity. And I was just so happy for him to be able to see him get his first one at this level. Every single first one at this level is pretty special, and just for him to get it after so many years of grinding in the minor leagues was pretty special.
Speaker 6: How well do you know Ryan Ward?
Speaker 4: I've played I've played a good hand bit of or a handful of games with him. He's one of my favorite teammates that I've actually got to play with. He's such a good dude, same guy on the field, off the field, always down to have a good time, whether we're on the field or off the field. I think that's what you love most about players, the openness to just be themselves regardless of how the game's going, how things are going personally, And that's something I'll never forget about him as a teammate.
Speaker 6: So much is made of the Dodgers payroll, but yesterday the right side of the infield was guys that played together in Oklahoma City, Ryan Ward and Alex Freeland, and then you have Hay Song Kim and yourself who got at bats yesterday and playing regularly. Do you feel like you guys don't get enough credit for being part of the fabric of this team. And it's not just throwing dollars at the big name guys.
Speaker 4: No, I wouldn't say that. I would say it's it's honestly more for the people on the outside looking in. Everyone thinks that we buy our team, and I think the beauty of it all is, yeah, we got some big contract guys on this team, but at the same time, those big contract guys buy into the youth. They buy into teaching the young guys the way it goes the way they came up, the way they taught the game, the way they learned the game. I think that's what makes this team as good as we are. Obviously as special as we are. Having guys like Friday, Mookie talk Will, all these guys around a clubhouse and just to be able to share their experiences, share their ideas with us as young players. It's pretty special and it allows us to kind of maximize our potential down the road.
Speaker 6: Dalton Rushing is our guest. He's starting at first base in the final game of this four game series. I watched you actually take more aggressive ground balls at Dodgers Stadium before you left for this road trip. So how comfortable are you ready to go today?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm ready to go. I've had some time there in the past. Obviously it's been a couple of years, had a handful of games there last year. But uh, it's it's just the game of baseball. You take it one pitch at a time. You treat it like fundamentals or everything out there and even more so out there of than behind the play.
Speaker 6: Are you having more joy and enjoying yourself more this year than you did last year?
Speaker 4: David? I think you know the answer to that. Obviously, it's been pretty fun here early on, and successes came my way. I'm taking better at bats, I'm carrying myself with more confidence on the field. But uh, at the end of the day, it's we still gotta win baseball games, and that's that's the main thing about being a Dodger, and the fact that we've done so to a certain extent so early is pretty special. But we need to get out here and get another one today.
Speaker 6: It's great being around you. You're wise beyond your years. You're more mature than I am, and you're double you're I'm double your age. You're way more mature than I am, and I can learn a lot even from Dalton Rushing. So thank you for the time, and keep it going and keep that smile.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. Thanks Fast, It's always good to talk there.
Speaker 6: He is my guy, Dalton Rushing, and he'll receive a gift card to Capitol Grill and Burbank the Great One eight, an upscale, relaxed spot with a great bar, great steaks and a great smile coming their way with Dalton Rushing. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV great to hear Dalton rushing. Yeah, I'm playing with a lot of confidence right now and you're seeing it in the results at the plate. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclode Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclow dot com slash us. As we lead you out to first pitch on this Monday night, Dodgers and Rockies up next, We're gonna dive deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Dodgers and denvers a wrap up this series against the Rockies. First pitch and Cruise Field's coming up at five forty.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the dinet, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 5: Matchup brought to you by her Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Jose Cantana on the mount O one five sixty three ERA, thirty seven year old leftander out of Columbia fifteen season in the Big leagues. This is now his ninth team that he has played for. White Sox, Cups, Angels, Giants, Pirates, Cardinals, Mets, Brewers, and now the Rockies, making his third start this year. He started the year on the il last time out, three and two, thirty innings, three runs, three hits, four walks, and a loss to the Astros. He has made fifteen career appearances, twelve starts against the Dodgers, four and two with a two thirty two eray, the lowest RA against the Dodgers among all active pitchers. How about that. Made two starts against the Dodgers last year, one to zero with a three seventy five RAY. So he's had success against the Dodgers in his long fifteen year career. Justin Robleski on the Mountain for the Blue two and zero with a two twelve ERA. He's been really good now as a starter. Over the last year and a half, he has been an opener. He has been a starter. He's been a bulkinning guy. He's been a guy coming down late in the game to help close out like he did in the World Series and in October last year. Fastball, slider, curveball, and he's been nasty with that slider. Thinking his third start this year, fourth appearance following last Monday's dominant outing against the mess in which he retired twenty three to twenty five batters that he faced. He win eight innings, he allowed two hits and struck out too. The left hander is posted a six ninety ERA point six y nine ERA over his last two starts. He's been that good. He has faced the Rockies now three times in his career, at nine of the thirty inings in relief, allowing three runs on nine hits four walks while striking out eleven. He went four scoreless against him in September twenty twenty four, struck out four and picked up the save. So Justin Robluski and Jose Kintana, pair of left handers getting ready to go at it as the Dodgers hope to get a win and have that happy flight to San Francisco, where they can then start a series against the Giants beginning tomorrow. Night. Rain is in the forecast for the Bay area. We'll keep an eye on that as the night progresses, but the Dodgers need to take care of business against the Rockies as we are fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next I'm sim Kates. Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue.
Speaker 5: All season long, Dodgers and Rockies on this Monday Night. Justin Robleski, Jose Cantana. The pitching matchup Dodgers looking to get to split in the Mile High City. First pitch coming up at five forty. Getting ready for the start of the game with the Saporo Start. A great moment to start with Sapporo Beer. Whatever your taste preferences. Sporo has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers including light and non alcoholic beers. Saporo good with sushi, great with baseball. One final side before first pitch, we go back out to the booth in Denver, Tim never Rick Monday Guests.
Speaker 2: Tim, thanks again, We count you down to the first pitch tonight in Denver, Colorado at Corsfield. The Dodgers, at fifteen and six, lost back to back games for the first time this season. Up until yesterday, the Dodgers were the only team in Major League Baseball that had not lost two games in a row. Well now they've joined the club that everybody else is in. The Rockies meantime have won six of nine at coors Field, but they've lost ten of thirteen on the road, so they're nine and thirteen. Jose Kana, the veteran lefty oh to one with a five sixty three ERA, opposes Justin Robleski. Robuski coming off a great start. He's two to zero two twelve the ERA, and this has been some kind of start to a season for Justin roblusk.
Speaker 7: And he's throwing strikes and working very quickly, and he's put a lot of pressure on hitters to get in the boxes. Swing the bat, Ribleski interesting to see tonight. The curve ball and the slider. Why well combined one hit in twenty eight at bats when they put those pitches into play. That's an thirty six batting average against. He has been right on the money. And the Dodgers obviously won a happy flight to San Francisco, and they need a victory tonight.
Speaker 2: Going to get a win and get a series split. As far as Robluski goes last two starts as ERA is under one at zero six'. Nine, kentana coming off a Loss wednesday At, houston where he only went three and two thirds. Innings. Again The dodgers saw him last with The brewers in The National League Championship. Series he Started game. Four you remember what happened In game, four Sho hey o'tanni had three home runs and ten strikeouts as he hit and pitched exceptionally well in that. Game It's kintana Against, Robuski dodgers and The rockies coming.
Speaker 4: Up tim all, right thank you.
Speaker 5: Guys don't forget when this game is. Over off all the postgame, festivities Including Dodger talk as. Well Dave roberts said it Before Happy, flight as they get out Of colorado and that means a. Win that's what The dodgers. Need as The dodgers have lost two straight for the first time this year In, denver looking to snap that two game losing streak. Tonight Justin Robleski Jose. Cantana the pitching. Matchup first pitch From Corus field is. Next I'm Tim, kass the back to Back World series Champion Dodgers Audio network