Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas, terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: I've said many, many, many unkind things about Philadelphia, and I meant everyone.
Speaker 2: Gong mew ukes Petros in Money A five seventy LA Sport Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app the next four hours we bring you great sports talk. Because the Dodgers do not play the Phillies in Philadelphia until tomorrow from the Galpin Motors Broadcast Booth three thirty eight pm. It has been settled a two thirty PM Dodgers on deck. Shohei Otani makes his pitching debut in the playoffs. Christopher Sanchez will get the ball as the starter for the Phillies. He will be must listen radio if you are out and about again three thirty eight pm. First pitch tomorrow, Game one Dodgers Phillies two teams. Many believe the winner of this series will be the favorite to win the World Series.
Speaker 3: Matt, we do have a lot of show today. We have a lot going on. We will get out to Philadelphia in the very next segment and talk to David Vase, but that does not mean we can forget ourselves here on the Petas and Money Show. We also have to acknowledge and there's only quarries to dive in Philadelphia, but we still must acknowledge that it is a Frogman Friday. On a Frogman Friday, we remember that men cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore frog Man. We talk about the Pacific Ocean and the people that protect us from it, lifeguards, coast Guard frogmen. We keep people who work on the ocean, like the guys and gals of the Catalina express in our mind frogmen. And most of all, we celebrate the one and only Mike Nelson played by Lloyd Bridges, one of the great actors of our time in space and the greatest television show ever produced. Right off the coast of Rancho Palace, Verdes Seahawk, I was.
Speaker 4: Working in a reserve line high in the mountains of South America. Good, not too tough a job, but an important one. The feet pipe we were installing supplied drinking, cooking and washing water and thousands of people. My name is Mike Nelson. I had a good assistant, Durango Lima, a local diamond. He was experienced and careful. That was why he was good.
Speaker 3: Thirteen five Todd, what are you nuts? We still got to take that, lordom Man.
Speaker 2: You know what that's like these days.
Speaker 3: You got the.
Speaker 5: Navy everywhere, you got frogmen, you got the e C two's with the satellite tracking, you got the bell two nine of salt choppers up the ass. We're losing one out of every nine loads. That's no duck walk anymore. Let me tell you, forget about money. What do you suggest that's reasonable?
Speaker 3: Only what's reasonable is our hero Dta Rule Dodger organist with Sea lab. He's starring for third baseball. Let's go up? When else go Yeah? When that's when dea. Let's go up. When whenos?
Speaker 6: That's good, let's go yeah Whenos?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's go. Yeah, Beadi, you can't find you there, Lebron, let's go. That's true, said Buddy. Happy to be with you on this frog Man Friday, with a shout out to former Dodger and Red Yasiel. Please it's time for baseball. Let's go some more innocent time. Man David Vasse has just posted on X that Dave Roberts has announced the Dodgers NLDS rotation. It is Otani, Blake, Snell, and Yamamoto. Not a surprise, not a surprise.
Speaker 2: No, the schedule makers did the Dodgers a favor there with the Sunday off instead of back to back Saturday Sunday, Saturday, Monday day off Wednesday. So pretty darn sweet for the way the Dodgers have been operating a whole season with the extra rest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they knew that Tim Kats on his scooter was going to be busy. The Silver and Black are back, so they gave him the day off. That's important. We're back in studio today and yesterday after a couple of lovely days at Dodger Stadium and we'll be back out at Dodger Stadium on Wednesday. Let's come back Padres, back, get away from the umpire, back back Padres. But Tim Kates has not told us what our start time on Monday is, because I'm assuming that Tim Kate's does not know.
Speaker 6: It'll be a fleer, it'll be a flex.
Speaker 2: Alert, It'll definitely be a flex alert. Oh, we have Kates. It just posted. Oh yeah, three oh eight pm.
Speaker 6: Well we know the start the start time.
Speaker 3: But we don't know when the Petrosen Money Show is.
Speaker 2: Oh, I gotcha because I had looked at his TVD so I thought you meant we didn't know when. Now we know that it starts at three. We've had that Dodgers on Dexit two.
Speaker 3: We know that.
Speaker 2: But we just are we doing Rogan and Rodney covering up Colin. They just get squeezed out and we go twelve to two.
Speaker 3: They're not gonna do that, Matt, not with all their commercials.
Speaker 7: Well, we're not doing a one hour show. Well, the schedule has just been sent out by our boss. Oh wait wait wait wait wait wait.
Speaker 2: Wait, get get the long schedule talk wait, well we'll.
Speaker 3: Get that first. You guys, in your schedule, talk nobody schedule talk more than you know.
Speaker 2: What are we gonna do? What are we gonna be? I'd love it. You're gonna hear it? Ready?
Speaker 7: Yeah, okay, we go Monday six am to nine am, Scam Sack of Kates in the Am.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nine am, The.
Speaker 6: Calling Cowherd Show.
Speaker 3: We take it back a Tiger Heads with going out Colin. I don't know if I think.
Speaker 2: That gets the car five.
Speaker 3: I'm taking it o there.
Speaker 7: The touches are like applestock, you buy it high and Nolan's just gonna keep going high and never go down. Oh yeah, nine am, Colin Coward Show, nine to eleven, The Colin Coward Show eleven to noon, Rogan and Rodney Show, twelve to two, The Petro Some Money Show, leading into Dodge on Deck. Two hours of Calling, an hour of Rogan and Rodney, two hours of PMS.
Speaker 3: So that is that's follow us on follow up if I may, Oh, well that that's well, yeah, you gotta you gotta talk about it, Matt, go ahead, no follow up.
Speaker 2: I'm good?
Speaker 3: Are you sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I'm good. I'm good. You don't have a follow up, No, I'm good. Eleven to twelve, Rogan and Rodney twelve to two, Petros and money.
Speaker 3: A guy that asked Manny Machana that question, you don't want to have the fun?
Speaker 2: I think you know? Yeah kind of question?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: Now, I'm good, very excited. Sure, I was gonna ask.
Speaker 6: Man man PMS starts at nuone on.
Speaker 2: Monday, right, I just wasn't we get out somewhere with the people.
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What do we hit the streets?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Do we do we find our way into a local Hooters?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, maybe in a glass in cased booth. That's no. I don't want to live in one hundred and five degrees. How about an all women's sports bar. Oh, I'm Tame Spirit. Let's go on Tame Spirit.
Speaker 3: In Silver Lake. Do you think they'd have us?
Speaker 2: No? But we should offer no time. There's never any time.
Speaker 3: I don't have time to study. I'm never schedule talk. And look, you know, Ronnie Fossio was in the bathroom. I'm glad nobody dropped like seven f bombs, But Ronnie Fossio was in the bathroom there during schedule talk. And I don't know if he got it? Did did did Ronnie get the info? Is he just walking in raw.
Speaker 8: Like what arena, miss Petro? So it's blowing it out in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Where no you gotta go Rogan and Rodney starts an eleven what on Monday?
Speaker 8: Oh you know what, I'm pulling up the schedule right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just that we just got a.
Speaker 8: That's a hell of a flexer, guys.
Speaker 3: Damn it, Stel, what's the matter, Matt?
Speaker 2: The watch Me Sports Bar all women's sports bar and Long Beach is closed on Mondays. I thought that could be our window. Come on, Kang of Long Beach. Can't you get somebody to open that up? I don't think so watch Me sports Bars celebrating women's sports. We want to do the Petros and Money show from there. Emmy and Jack's the owners.
Speaker 3: Says Jeff Weaver. Nobody or Jared Weaver. Nobody's been more influential in Long Beach than Matt Muney Smith.
Speaker 2: That's what the people say. So uh, unfortunately, watch Me is off the is off the plate, so it's gonna have to be on Tame spirit Stedel.
Speaker 3: As far as our schedule today goes, we will have U the DVR the David va Say report. In the very next segment, that is a very coveted report because it's live from Philadelphia. Next hour, we'll do the college football whip around.
Speaker 2: We checked Dave socials. Is he out and about in the city of Philly.
Speaker 3: It was out last night. I texted him to listen to the first segment because I said that we had an actual, a complimentary conversation about him, and he said, it's too loud at the bar that I'm at. So he was at the oldest bar in Philadelphia whatever that is, the.
Speaker 2: Liberty see the Philly after Dark post that he had.
Speaker 3: Up, So that's you know, So then I would imagine he just staggered over to the ballpark.
Speaker 7: He's at the ballpark right now because the Dodgers are going through their workout as we speak right.
Speaker 3: And show heyl Tani has addressed the media and Dave Roberts has addressed the media, and we will have those soundbites as the show continues with to a top story of the day. U c l A and Martin Jarmon, their athletic director is under fire, a lot of very very pointed pressure at just how bad this UCLA football season has been. We're gonna have to bring Ben Bolt back on in the five o'clock hour, who wrote a pretty good article today in the La Times citing some of the boosters and how upset real boosters and how upset they are. Thought, well, I mean you're going to have an under a totally defeated season.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I kind of followed the line of questioning we had with Ben the last time it was on, like they're they're really going to keep Martin around to hire the next coach, and everybody's okay with that. The way this thing is going on.
Speaker 3: Me, that's a that's a that's a red flag. But you know you got Casey Wasson. You know Casey Watt did. Did Dan Guerrero hire Chip Kelly the last time? No? I mean Casey Wasserman wrote the check and hired him. So, I mean those same people are going to be involved this time around. I doubt that even if he's got the title, that the bat will even be in Martin Jarman's hands. But we got a lot of stuff today. We'll do lessons learned, quick hits, fun fact word number song, four hours of great sports Talk, Great sports Talk just for you, the listener of the Petros and Money Show. Now, Tim I sent you to Philadelphia songs got them two?
Speaker 6: Well, I got one in a news story, Petros Okay, the news story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what it is like. I don't you know. I think some of the mystery about this is not doing research and finding a random song on the internet that is a baseball song representing an off market team and then playing it to exhilarate and or upset the listeners and the voice of the Bolts, Matt.
Speaker 2: Oh I thought you were going to play Streets of Philadelphia. I got excited.
Speaker 3: Do you want to listen to the Streets of Philadelphi? And justus?
Speaker 2: And I was battered? Couldn't do what I feel.
Speaker 3: And just maybe go over the lyrics and about an ad.
Speaker 2: That's all I got.
Speaker 3: My clothes don't fit me?
Speaker 2: I remember that you.
Speaker 3: Want to do that?
Speaker 2: Ain't no in jel going he greet me?
Speaker 3: Do you want? Would you like to do that? I mean, I don't know what's the one? What is the one called from the Playoffs a couple of years ago when they almost won the World Series where where Joe Joe Davis did the crazy Bryce Harper call what's the name of that song? Dancing Naked Alone? Or It's like their song.
Speaker 6: Is that from the twenty twenty two World Series, and.
Speaker 3: That's the one. Is that the one from the news report? I believe, So play the news report. Let's say, can't you know I'm Philadelphia news.
Speaker 9: In Phillies anthem the song Dancing on my Own? Okay, it may have started as a Fenway Park dugout joke that Kyle Schwarber brought with him from Boston, but right now it is all about the Philadelphia Phillies Alejana Gomez live on the park and nobody planned this.
Speaker 3: It just happened, Jim. No one knows why. It just stunned. And I've got to say, if.
Speaker 2: You look at it this way, it's a good representation of Phillies fans kind of dancing to the own beat of their own drum.
Speaker 3: Yeah what anybody else seems to think? They don't care, Matt.
Speaker 10: The Phillies has everyone singing its anthem, I'm in the corner.
Speaker 6: In your kissing kind of here.
Speaker 3: Why did you see me?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I keep dancing on my own. This is like The Rangers with Creed, where twice.
Speaker 8: A day it's a fitting song for the fightings.
Speaker 3: I think it's like total underdog song like where you know we're still dancing, We're still here.
Speaker 11: And everyone has their own version as to why Dancing on My Own became the team's anthem.
Speaker 12: Wasn't it like in the background of one of their videos in the big locker room.
Speaker 3: Well, the guys played it and during the season and he won the game.
Speaker 9: Turns out the song as part of the regular rotation on this modern jukebox at mcgillan's old ale house gets.
Speaker 3: Click on the song.
Speaker 4: Like it or not.
Speaker 3: There's no escaping it.
Speaker 2: This song wasn't on anybody's radar, and now it's like through the roof, kind of like the team radar, and now we're going to the World Series radio.
Speaker 3: Person are they doing that? This year? Pop culture junkie Nicole Mahoalicks says, there's a bit of content, all right.
Speaker 2: She had the uh, she had the guy from Office Space scene with the barista voice, and I kind of know Le'll say, nobody talks like that, talks.
Speaker 3: Like it's Robin Uh. You know, Robin the sweet the Sweetish singer r O. B y N. She's the one behind Dancing on My Own.
Speaker 2: I thought you're gonna say, Robin Thick.
Speaker 3: No, he's passed, and he was more of a pop guy. And you know about that hockey baseball rivalry that's brewing over it, the evil four letter.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: Uh, here's the hype video that they played twen twenty twenty two.
Speaker 7: It's a center field Horrera going back toward the wall.
Speaker 3: Us.
Speaker 7: It's plowing the home front of the game is to tie the three to two pitch. It's we're gonna five balls, shallow coming on, still.
Speaker 3: Coming on the tenth. See all right, well they've gone like full European airline commercial.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of got like our friend, uh or not our friend. Uh, it's got a Maroon five vibe to it. I was gonna say five for fighting, but it's a Maroon five kind of vibe to that little uh Adam Levine sort of deal.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's uh, that's what Philly's got going on. There isn't like some song like Hey Philly, Ben Franklin's balls, Hey Philly.
Speaker 2: It's no Streets of Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: Well man again, you know, I think if we're gonna listen to a Bruce Springsteen song, no, no, I can't. Like I'm already I'm already having a hard enough times. I can't do this, So what I feel? I had a yoga teacher that played this every class for like, No, they did not. Why would they do that?
Speaker 2: I was just reco.
Speaker 3: It's like I'm gonna go walk into the reservoir now things.
Speaker 2: This is the Philadelphia song wasted here it is.
Speaker 6: On the streets.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, not in there. There's a sing along none and uh, I mean i'd play that when the Phillies lost. And to what Atlantic City is so much better? Yes, he said, I'm playing in Atlantic At the beginning, they said it blew up the Chugen man. Then it blew up his house too. Tell me that's not a better line from spring Steed?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. Is it better than Hey, no Angel going to greet me? It's just you and I my friends.
Speaker 3: I'd rather listen to Tunnel of Love on Loop. Oh god, yeahs Philip Stone.
Speaker 7: I think I was walking around in this last night, still going back to the hotels.
Speaker 2: Billy after dark man, keep this son in your ear pads in.
Speaker 3: Please stop me?
Speaker 2: How does this get played in a Yokis in California? Hey, no, angel.
Speaker 3: Is this is their home runs, So it's got the liberty bound.
Speaker 2: Oh that makes sense.
Speaker 13: I like this.
Speaker 6: I like the.
Speaker 3: Liberty any connection to like the Continental Congress and that kind of stuff that works.
Speaker 2: I think you like the connection, you know, like it's not just a pump and techno track. Like you know, you got the Rattlesnake for the d bag. She got the Liberty Bell for the filth.
Speaker 3: We need something to make it our own right, not justice ah, like Michelle Moo plays every morning.
Speaker 6: Oh oh.
Speaker 3: Oh, I will meet you back in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: It's just you and I'm a friend.
Speaker 3: Black and whispery.
Speaker 2: And no angel gon greet me. Okay uh chaturanga.
Speaker 3: No, she do it at the end, you know, during the shivasna h, which is known as corpse pos So.
Speaker 2: I guess it's well there you go on the streets of Foodelphiew.
Speaker 3: For like a month. No no, no, it's like I'm gonna walk into traffic here on Crenshaw. That wasn't at my sister's studio. That was many years ago. Well that's why your sister opened Keffe. She's like, Hey, I'm tired of going to this yoga plant. You know you're street Philadelphia. You're actually right, I can open up my own place. She's like, you know what, they're not doing it right. I'm gonna play Technotronic at the end of our yoga, play whatever we want, except for that. There was a rapper, a white female rapper from the eighties that uh that works out at Keffe and she was just like this kind of I don't want to say forgotten artists, but you know, very much like that. And they use her song in one of those movies that was nominated for an Oscar a few years ago, the Color of Water or one of those movies Princess Superstar, and she blew up again.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yeah, I don't know that. I don't know when I know the song and I heard.
Speaker 3: It probably, I mean, it's in this movie. And it became like a big thing amongst the youth, a TikTok thing. You know how that Color of Water was a big deal. Well, we'll be right back. It was not Streets of Philadelphia though. Matt Okay and no Angel going hoo creet me David Vassey live from Philly. Nack.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take La sports with you this summer. Make am five to seventy or your favorite Am five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple car Play or Android Auto.
Speaker 3: Road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 2: That Trust Some Money A five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Full four hour show today. The Dodgers Philly series does not start until tomorrow. We have got college football tomorrow as well, nine am window Clemson versus North Carolina and that will be followed by of course Playoff Baseball. Davidvasse brought to you by Service Titan Southern California. Commercial and residential contractors using Service Titan software typically see a seventeen percent increase in revenue in their first two years. Earn more go to service Titan dot Com. Individual results may vary.
Speaker 1: David Vasse The Dodgers with an inside look at the Dodgers. This is the Vass Report with David.
Speaker 3: Vasse live from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. David Vasse with the Dodgers. Nobody does a better job. Nobody brings out the personality of a team quite like David Vase. Spectrum Sportsnet, MLB TV and right here on the Petros and Money Show AMFI seventy LA Sports workout today out there in Philly, and we are excited to talk to Dave about what's the latest on your Southern California toyot to do their celebrity outline. What's cragged?
Speaker 5: Dave?
Speaker 11: Hey, I'm out here at Citizens Bank Park. The Dodgers are working out for another hour and a half. Again, I'm actually lifting the morale of the training staff and the training and the strength staff. Coach Travis Smith is to my left and one of the legendary UH one coach Travis Smith, of course, and coach Possum Nakajima also is here as well.
Speaker 3: So, Dave, the trip went smoothly. You were out last night press No, Hey, way to go night. Those guys, I don't know why their morale needs to be lifted. Why are they upset? Did they not get to go to that bar with you last night? What's the deal?
Speaker 11: Yeah, exactly, they did not show up. But yeah, Blake Snell's going to start game two, that's right. Show Hey, o Tani is going to start Game one, and Yamamoto, on a full week of rest, will be pitching Game three, the first home game for the NLDS and the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Dave, how much. How much if any, do you take away from the regular season meetings between these two. I know there's some good, there's some not good. You had the Blake Snell shutout in the final game of that series, you know, a couple of weeks ago. You have what looks like in the two starts that that Sanchez wasn't that great. I didn't remember. It wasn't that dominant against this team like he was so many others.
Speaker 11: Well, when you look at the just the matchups of this series, the good news for the Dodgers is Blake Snell, who is going to be pitching Game two, really matches up well and held down this lineup. And it's all about the timing of the season, right John manningly used to talk about this. Dave Roberts talks about it now. It's about the timing and when you're catching a team. And right now, Yamamoto is one of the hottest pitchers and all of the majors.
Speaker 2: Who's messing with you? Who's messing with you?
Speaker 6: Dave?
Speaker 11: We need you, Dave boy toys. I got to move away.
Speaker 3: Get away from the Philly fanatic over there or whatever the hell's happening.
Speaker 11: Well, yeah, he is like the Philly fanatic of the Dodgers. That's right, But really the matchups of this of this series I think really favor the Dodgers, and not a lot of people are talking about how good the Dodgers are. You read different things about just what their flaws are and how good the Phillies are. At some point there's got to be some sort of acknowledgment of the talent that Dodgers have and how well they've been playing coming into this series. Uh, they've born seven in a row coming into the NLDS. I think everybody fails to recognize that as well.
Speaker 2: Playoff roster for the Ds. Dave, how much Clayton Kershaw do you think we're going to see?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Great question. I asked Dave Roberts in the press conference whether or not Kershaw is indeed going to be part of the NLDS roster, and he said, yeah, he's going to be part of the roster, and he's going to be part of the Dodger bullpen. The other big question as far as the Dodger roster goes is Will Smith and his availability. I've been told that there's a very good chance that Will Smith could start behind the plate tomorrow night. But it's all contingent on how he comes out of what the workout looks like tonight and how he wakes up tomorrow morning. So will Smith is going to be part of the roster, it's just a big question about whether or not he's going to be able to catch.
Speaker 3: What did you make of Otani speaking today? It's going to be his first start in the postseason as a pitcher. Did it seem any different than he usually is? Do you think he'll I mean, he's such a machine. Do you think it'll affect him at all?
Speaker 11: Petros? If there's one guy that I don't believe this environment will affect is Sholley Otani. I've asked him on several different occasions about hitting, pitching, pitching somewhere, pitching at home, first time pitching. He's just really good at compartmentalizing things. And I think we saw that last year, you know, with everything that went down in Korea and just how he completely blocked that out. And he says he separates the pitcher show, heo Tani, away from the hitter show. Heotani, and he understands what the environment is going to be like here. But I think Also, we have to recognize he's the best player on the planet, and guys like that don't crumble in these type of settings. They actually thrive and live for trying to silence the crowd. And I think that's what we're going to see tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: Dave, agree with this or not, because you mentioned it with Snell and just you can kind of see it when he was talking in the post game how dominant he was out there. Feel like Game one is absolutely mandatory for the Phillies to win if they're going to win this series. Kind of thoughts on that if Otani can knock out their cy young candidate and then you get that ball to Snell on Monday.
Speaker 11: Being here in Philadelphia, there's a lot of talk that this may be the last opportunity for these core group of Phillies to have a chance to win the World Series together. If they don't win, there's a likelihood that Kyle Schwarber is not re signed. There's a lot of moving parts where this team would look a lot different next year. So if the Dodgers come in here and steal Game one from the Phillies in a short series, there's a lot of pressure on the Phillies, and I'm frankly, after just getting the pulse of the city and being here all day, it would be a very anxious crowd to start Game two if the Dodgers are able to steal Game one, and I think that's what the Dodgers are looking at.
Speaker 3: Can you give the listeners an idea of what Schwarber is, like, what kind of player he is if they haven't seen that much of him, and how you would compare him to maybe somebody that we a little bit better out here, you know, like Otani or another dominant hitter over the years, you know, Bellinger or something.
Speaker 11: Yeah. I mean I talked to Kevin Long, the Phillies hitting coach, and Howie Kendrick, who's actually a roving instructor with the Phillies now, and they just talked about how Kyle Schwarber since coming to Philadelphia has just changed his approach at the plate and that's the reason why he was able to hit fifty six home runs. He's not a he obviously has a lot of holes and does strike out, but he's using the bigger part of the field. He's going to left field more than he ever has in his career because he kind of something clicked for him in that respect, but he's a guy that I still think has more flaws in his game than o'tani does as a hitter, and the Dodgers have you know, I think another dynamic and subplot to this series is the fact that o'tani is probably he's super competitive and probably upset and resentful over the fact that Kyle Schwarber hit one more home run than him during the regular season. And I feel like it's such a unique situation. How you have one guy that hit fifty five home runs as the pitcher facing the guy that hit one more fifty six, and I think he's going to take it personal. And you know, I don't want to say he's going to try to embarrass Shoorber to begin the game, but I think he's going to try to embarrass him with a couple of different pitches.
Speaker 2: Dave the I think it's safe to say the X factor, not that you know, we would expect anything less, but Tao in that wild card round and just the two home runs and the clutch hitting in the game two after the misque and the first inning. What about this series? Who are you looking at? I mean, I guess Will Smith would be an easy one to look at if he's right. The guy was damn near the batting champ in the National League. But what player are you kind of keeping an eye on that you think might be a good matchup against these Phillies.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I think the Dodgers Andy pa Has he seemed to be trying to do too much in that a wildcard series. I think he could be an X factor in this series. And from the Philly side, Harrison Bader, who when he got traded to the Phillies hit over three hundred and has been a big reason why the Phillies outfield has been so much better since the trade deadline. So I'm looking if you're looking at two guys that nobody are not household names in either city, I'm going to pick the two outfielders Paz and Bader that could change the way this series outcome plays out.
Speaker 3: Do you listen to the Streets of Philadelphia on your headphones when you walk around out there?
Speaker 11: I listened to Atlantic City. See look at that song off Nebraska.
Speaker 3: Hm, great minds?
Speaker 2: Yeah you called it. P I just said they're not you know, the streets of Philadelphia and Dave Snap and foos that say Philly after dark, and I'm like, I wonder if he's just kind of taking it easy and relaxing and getting.
Speaker 11: Deep depressing movie. Very Luckily, my health is knock on wood very good right now. But if my health was ailing, maybe I would.
Speaker 3: I don't know why, Why would you?
Speaker 2: I was bruised and how's bad?
Speaker 3: Who are you gonna go see that Springsteen movie? You dork?
Speaker 11: I asked my kids if they would go with me. They said absolutely not, so I might be that loser in the movie theater, all alone in the back tramps like us. They want to go see the Superman movie with me?
Speaker 3: Either?
Speaker 11: And I watched that on the way that silly. I loved it.
Speaker 3: When are you What are you going to do tonight?
Speaker 11: I got a reservation at one of my favorite Italian restaurants here in Philadelphia. You go downstairs and there's like a cave like setting to be able to eat your dinner.
Speaker 3: Like Losorda would go there.
Speaker 11: Uh, Lasorda used to go to this place in South called the Staloon, cash only restaurant.
Speaker 3: No taxes. All right, Dave, we love you. Have a great time out there, enjoy yourself and we will talk on Monday. Have a great weekend, and thank you so much for all the great, invaluable coverage that you provide. Appreciate it, brother.
Speaker 11: Thank you guys yesterday for opening the show with so many nice things. I'm not used to that, so I was waiting for the punchline, but it never came, so I appreciate it well.
Speaker 3: After that, today we're bruised in bad.
Speaker 2: I don't get used to it, all right, bruised in bed Okay, thank you, Dave. Enjoy Philadelphia man.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this is a real vast say tune.
Speaker 2: Yeah, freaking Jack Wagner.
Speaker 3: For God's sakes, I was talking to Chuck Wagner. We'll be right back with some reaction and maybe for some sound from.
Speaker 2: The Steve Hartman and Jack Wagner guy.
Speaker 3: Yes, very deep.
Speaker 2: Yes, Hey, he's a good fan. Me and Jack. We were hanging out of Me and Jack.
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener. Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts.
Speaker 3: There's Rogan and Rodney.
Speaker 1: That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all, and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: AP Big thinking of Davidsa live from Philadelphia, Game one of the NLDS at Best of five Series tomorrow three thirty pm. Right here on your home of the World Series champion Dodgers. Dodgers on Deck at two thirty with Tim Kates, David Vass and that whole cast of characters that'll follow Clemson North Carolina Dabbo v Bill Belichick football that'll kick off at nine am, and then Sunday we'll have Chargers Commanders kick off at one twenty five. From so far on kf I AM six to forty.
Speaker 3: Matt just recorded Great Sports Talk by our machines over here at Great Sports Talk and we edited out the will the thrill Japanese parts. But here is tomorrow's starter, very very much. I can't think of a more anticipated starting pitcher in our postseason history doing this, but Tonight's Tomorrow. Night's Tomorrow's starter. Sho hey otani with the collected media, and it always reminds me of that movie Lost in Translation where Bill Murray is acting in a whiskey commercial and the directors saying like at least like fifty words in Japanese and then their translation is like three words, and it's a little bit like that here.
Speaker 1: What do you think is just going to be the emotions if you take in the mound tomorrow for your first time in the postseason.
Speaker 14: I'm just really looking forward to it.
Speaker 15: Sure, hey, yeah, you've been in this environment before. People talk about being intimidated or the stage being too big for other players, but in your case, do you actually live for these type of moments, being in these hostile environments to perform at your best?
Speaker 13: Let's get on. That's that's a lot.
Speaker 14: I'm sure I'll be nervous, nervous at times, but more than that, I'm just really grateful that I get to play baseball, and you know, at this time of the year, and you know, just be healthy is really important to me. So I'm just grateful for for that.
Speaker 10: Sure, how important was that start you had against the Phillies a couple of weeks ago, just in terms of being able to be that good against a team that's that talented, And was that like the first time you really felt like you had moved out of the rehab phase of your pitching progression this year?
Speaker 16: So cycle, She's it's got this today, that's the bicycle to this is she?
Speaker 13: That's about jim I Denny.
Speaker 16: Day, Hi, it's about Yeah.
Speaker 14: I'm very glad that I was able to end the rehab progression at that moment, and specifically about the postseason and facing the Phillies. You know, they're a really good team. With that being said, we're coming up through the wild card side, so we're in a position to be the challenger.
Speaker 12: Hey, Jason Moss six ABC here in Philadelphia, h what do you know about the Philadelphia fan base, if if anything? And what are you expecting out of the atmosphere tomorrow?
Speaker 16: I'accuse you when you could have a did it's about us?
Speaker 13: Thank the stick you got super Boys?
Speaker 14: She could have that us, Darren though to be very passionate fans. The atmosphere I'm sure is going to be passionate and rocking as well. And one thing I do know is that they sat really good Phillies Philly's cheese steak at the clubhouse.
Speaker 3: Wow, how about that? What's up?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Dune, Tim Kates mister personality right there, show Hail Toddy and Dave Roberts spoke as well, but is it better than mister personality there? I don't think.
Speaker 2: I think uh. I think if Will the Thrill was willing to include it, Dave's question would have got an open remark of good question based on how long he's Oh, you.
Speaker 3: Might have said that, Matt, there is some breaking news that we might find interesting here. Did you know that Kelly Stafford's podcast is going on a month at least a month long hiatus?
Speaker 2: I did not. The only thing I know about Kelly Stafford's podcast is whatever you bring to the Petros Money Show. Well, her co host, that guy Hank Well, I remember he like disappeared. Well, he works at a news station in Detroit, and he got fired because he made a sexual advance allegedly apparently I guess he did toward a massuse and he's been fired. Oh, the producer of the podcast, I'm not exactly sure what she would do, but the producer of the podcast was her co host last week, and then this week she announced that she's not going to do it and she doesn't know if it's going away, but that she's got a husband and four kids and she doesn't know if she can do it anymore. You've had a husband and four kids this whole time.
Speaker 3: And she said the podcast is also like one of her babies.
Speaker 2: So make it five kids. It's the podcast baby right, once a week. The baby needs to be fed once a week. I guess she says she needs a second. And she says she's not saying that it's over, but she needs a second.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know why to take all the time you need.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the audience for her podcast is, but it's got to be significant. I mean, something we talk about all the time and makes news all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the MZ folks like to like to post that sort of stuff.
Speaker 7: Well, I can tell you what her audience is because she mentions them in her statement. As you guys know, I started this podcast to kind of build this community, a community that accepts failure and supports each through it instead of judging. I feel like we could all learn and lean on each other. Right now, I leaned on you, guys. I hope that you lean on this podcast, either for laughter or just to real that not everything is perfect and doesn't have to be.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So how many listeners she got ye, I don't know, we don't know. That's a great mission statement. How many people give a damn?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure, but we wish her good luck in her endeavors. After the Rams blew that game last night, but a lot of people were like, Hey, I can't wait to hear Kel's podcast. Yeah, after blowing that game, so pissed off at Kyrin Williams when he fumbled that ball at the one. It is frustrating, you know, but they were punching hard at it too. You know it's hard, you know, they're punching so hard and flying through the air. He got hit in the face on the way to the ball. Yeah, he got socked.
Speaker 7: And maybe this is like an encore where she knows she's coming back, but she just wants all the audience to be like one more song, one more podcast, Come on, Kelly, you can do it, and then she'll.
Speaker 6: Come back and do it.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean, her co host exposed his sausage I guess, Deshaun Watson style, and maybe she's uh, you know, upset her husband to the point where maybe maybe that shot to the balls comment she made last week.
Speaker 2: Could be it was the last straw, Yeah, coming out that he didn't want to have a vasectomy, so the fact he got dinged in the dong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm glad you got dinged in the dinger. You know it could possibly be that. Anyway, that's some news and the Otani sound and we'll do your word number, song of the day and the college football whip around. Next it is Petrosen Money Dodgers in Philly. Game is tomorrow. We got football all weekend. Two. Stay with us on AMPHI seventy LA sports. Where else would you go