Speaker 1: On August twenty fourth.
Speaker 2: Get the complete details and all of our upcoming shows in the concert page you canteign dot com hered calendar.
Speaker 3: Thanks zachar Do we find out exactly when mister s Wallace is calling out? Eight thirty? Okay, good NASCAR driver williams SA Wallace will be calling in this morning to break down his weekend and what's going out in the world of racing. Zach and I will be with him this coming weekend and Charlotte looking forward to that.
Speaker 4: It is good for us, you guys, Yeah, hell, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, going to the race this weekend, Benzo, say what again, Zach and I are going to Charlotte this weekend? Are you really?
Speaker 1: We are?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Man?
Speaker 3: What is this weekend? Charlotte? I know, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: And for William it'll be the five hundred.
Speaker 3: It'll be fun and he'll be calling in at eight thirty talk about NASCAR. We'll have a very very big surprise apparently.
Speaker 4: Man, that's awesome. Good for you guys. What is that? Eighty said?
Speaker 2: Eight thirty eight Charborough three hundred for William on Saturday three hundred.
Speaker 6: Oh we got charb Royal, Yeah, that's broil.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Should we should we hit some news real quick.
Speaker 4: Sure, this is K News with Chris Hockey.
Speaker 3: You got that right, Paul, you got that right as well. We love the Saint Paul Saints. They're hosting a special marathon to support Special Olympics. The team announced the event as a way to raise awareness and funds for local programs. Participants will run the marathon inside chs Field while events at activities take place throughout the day. Organizers said the goal was to create fun, an inclusive environment, inclusive environment for athletes and supporters. Proceeds from the event will go toward Special Olympics programs in Minnesota. As always doing the right thing, we love you, Saint Paul Saints. I go to Saints Baseball dot com for ticket information and find out more about when the Saints are playing and when you should go on down and that marathon. Yay, right, thank you, thank you. Okay, here we go. Fire crews are battling multiple wildfires across the state of Minnesota. Strong wins right conditions fueled the fires over the weekend of Some areas were forced to evacuate. The governor declared a peacetime emergency and mobilized National Guard to crow Wayane County to assist with a twelve hundred acre of wildfire. Meanwhile, residents between Two Harbors and Castle Danger were evacuated as flames moved through wooded areas and filled with homes. More than one hundred and fifty firefighters from Minnesota, Iowa, Wis Continent Canada responded to The Weekend places. Those are some bad assets man, right, yep, my goodness. Terrifying, yeah, just terrifying. Meanwhile, for some damned reason, Saint Louis County Sheriff Gordon Ramsey really really for real, that's his name, that's the name.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, anyway, that's stopped to sell our tracks. Saint Louis County Sheriff Gordon Ramsey says a plane was shot while fighting wildfires. Authority said the aircraft was struck by a bullet on Friday evening while scooping water from a lake near or. The pilot landed safely and was not injured. Officials said the damage was discovered after the plane return to the airport at thirties are now investigating and asking the public for help finding whoever shut the plane.
Speaker 4: Was stupid redneck did that? What would you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I saw the mayor.
Speaker 5: Mayor Bobby Flay was talking about how how absolutely reckless some of those assassins up there.
Speaker 3: Did you see the chef Boyard, who's the county attorney, was pissed?
Speaker 4: Who's the fire chief? Gavin Cason?
Speaker 3: He was, he was, He got thrown out, He got thrown out.
Speaker 5: Did you see what town got destroyed the most? Which one flavor town? Which is yes, guy's flavor town.
Speaker 3: Was pilot I was talking about. He said he was flying along and he sudden they heard a palm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was doing batman. The lieutenant yeah.
Speaker 7: Maybe yeah, or co pilot maybe.
Speaker 4: What does the guy's name have to be? Gordon Ramsey? Now listen to a word you said. I know it's a serious plane, man, very serious planes. Can you guys?
Speaker 5: You know, I've seen this in California wildfires and stuff in the past two but they'll show a video of a plane dropping a little bit of water on this giant fire or a giant smokestack.
Speaker 4: And somebody made the joke on Twitter.
Speaker 5: It's like the first mortgage payment on a thirty year more utessentially, like you're not putting out to fight like this. This is doing nothing. You got a long way to go. That's a great bit man. Yeah, jeez, it does look like it's worthless, right, And do you.
Speaker 4: Imagine how many times you have.
Speaker 5: To dump water on a fire that big to make an impact.
Speaker 7: So I so I've been that ground level when those things have like dropped their stuff, right, because so for a couple of years I was, I was helping the San Diego fire and rescue their their aircrew kind of do their charity event. And so several times like well, they took us up in the in their helicopter. They showed us how they like they dropped their down their giant Pallas into the water and then they suck up the water with the.
Speaker 1: Helicopter, you know, calm down, yep, yeap.
Speaker 7: And so but then for but but then for one of the demonstrations, they had not the giant giant super airplanes but like the smaller ones, and they came over.
Speaker 3: And dropped a load okay of water.
Speaker 7: So like you, you can't honestly, you can't believe how much it actually it covers.
Speaker 4: A lot more than you would think a lot.
Speaker 7: It may not look like it from the aerial perspective or whatever from your watching these these these tankers and stuff. Drop is a lot of water and it covers a lot, so it's kind of cool.
Speaker 5: Well, speaking of planes again, I watched this show called Twin Cities Live three to four thirty channel Thanks from a peg one and just the other day you mentioned yet again that at some point in your life you believe you were going to get your pilots, like, like that's something you want to do, Yes for you, And you made it sounding like, you know, you're kind of waiting for the kids to grow up and get out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And when.
Speaker 5: I heard you say that, I again thought how interesting that that concept is because a lot of people think like that, like I just got to get my kids into the finish line.
Speaker 4: Then after that, who cares?
Speaker 5: Which basically means your life now has some value. When your kids are graduating, you're worth nothing throwing away.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's basically like if I am a terrible pilot and crash this plane because I was reckless with my life, at least I got my kids to the finish line.
Speaker 4: So how so wells is what twelve?
Speaker 5: He's twelve, So in six years your life is worthless?
Speaker 4: Basically, Hi, how are you? Yeah? Hog steady know?
Speaker 1: What's not.
Speaker 4: I just love the way you like casually worded.
Speaker 5: At the end of the day, you're like, yeah, I mean, once my kids are out of school, I'll probably start.
Speaker 4: Flying plan and see what happens. We'll just well, you know, great, if it doesn't, no big deal.
Speaker 3: I learned to take off, That's all I need.
Speaker 7: Well, the thing is, here's the funny thing is.
Speaker 4: I think I got it.
Speaker 5: I mean, historically, by the way, there's some people that learned to just take off a plane.
Speaker 4: Yeah, true's true.
Speaker 3: Here right, Why rewind the tape and strike that from the record.
Speaker 7: Well, the funny thing about that is, you know who is labeling my life worthless?
Speaker 3: And the next six years.
Speaker 4: A lot of.
Speaker 7: Let's just say, let's just say, if it was up to me, I would have I would have at least attempted to get my pilot's license years ago.
Speaker 4: So does this person wear a wedding ring? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, you and the hangar club.
Speaker 5: Probably, Yeah, we'll find actually, yeah, you park outside of the hangar.
Speaker 7: Now, the thing is, I won't be like super cool guy with my own plane. I will just try to get my license and then just rent my time. Does Sarrison Smith do that? I know at one point in time he did. I don't know how current he is. I know that he has his license, like he is a licensed pilot, but I don't know how much because you have to upkeep with the hours.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: You should watch Nathan Fielders The Rehearsal an HBO that will motivate you. Must watch one of the most fascinating shows and TV in the last handful of years. But specifically, if you want to fly a plane, you might want to watch that season two. Yep, season two, thank you Zachary. That is correct.
Speaker 4: Season two.
Speaker 1: Specifically, it's like four episodes. It goes quick.
Speaker 4: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 7: I only really watched the movie Airplane for inspiration.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well said, yeah.
Speaker 5: This would be more in your wheelhouse, I think, And it happens to be beyond genius.
Speaker 1: But that's besides it's it's overwhelming.
Speaker 4: I can't believe it.
Speaker 5: The most committed to the bit maybe in the history of counters called the rehearsal. The rehearsal unlike anything I've ever seen HBO Max yep worth every second.
Speaker 4: I cried laughing about six.
Speaker 5: Times, to the point where I couldn't breathe really, and it will change the way you listened to Evanescence for the rest of your life.
Speaker 4: Oh brilliant. The guy with no soul, Nathan.
Speaker 5: Fielder is just uh again. Just you know, if the alien show up and say take me to Year Leader, I'm gonna drive to Nathan Fielder's house and say here he is.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 3: And lastly, in the Newsday, Josh Dumel is announcing the birth of his new daughter. Oh congratulations. The actor posted photos of the baby on his Instagram account Rocca de Leon dum The baby girl is here, a second child with Audra.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a place that Rosie would get dinner, ye does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he also has twelve year old son with ex wife Fergie from The Black Eyed Peace. So congratulations star friend, Josh Ummel.
Speaker 4: Ma'am shout out to Josh. Yeah you go, great, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. Oh Ben, I know you're gonna be sad. And perhaps Brewing is ending production of Schlitz. Oh what after one hundred and seventy seven years, literally one hundred and seventy seven years they've been making it. You gotta hold on.
Speaker 5: I don't know about you guys, but was that like a punchline for you guys in high school the same way it was for us, like.
Speaker 4: High school and college would be.
Speaker 5: Like, what are we getting, I don't know, somebody grabbing some Schlitz. Yeah, because it's like that was the the worst possible beer you could buy. Or if an older friend or brother or something like got you beer bottom shelve sits cheap, you didn't have a choice. Yeah, but nobody liked it. I was surprised it didn't shut down fifty years ago.
Speaker 3: It's been around one hundred and seventy seven years.
Speaker 7: Just make it another three years, Just make it a nice round number.
Speaker 4: That was terrible about to improved. The taste exactly horrible and the name seven years to fix it. Yeah, it destroyed it.
Speaker 5: You didn't change the recipe, It didn't change the name you went under.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but without Schlitz, we don't have Schmid's Gay Is that's true?
Speaker 4: It's my guys, you're one of the best bits of all the best.
Speaker 3: Tommy's Favorite was one of America's largest brewers after founding in eighteen forty nine, was bought by Paps in nineteen forty nineteen ninety and I should say the Company gave permission to Wisconsin Brewing Company to brew an eighty barrel batch of Schlitz next Saturday, using specifications for nineteen forty eight recipes. So there you go. After one hundred and seventy seven years, they're just giving up. We can't fix this.
Speaker 7: God, I feel like this is the time where something like Schlitz would take off.
Speaker 4: You get my God, Yeah, you get some.
Speaker 7: Prominent offensive linemen to sponsor Schlitz and just have like a wear a hat and or T shirt or something like that.
Speaker 4: To somebody out there that likes it.
Speaker 7: All the college bros will be buying it again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, somebody out there loves the taste of it. They're like, they don't understand why we don't get it?
Speaker 6: Yeap Kanis. Don't the Kelseys have their own beer? Isn't it like a garage bear?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Probably you hate it.
Speaker 4: I don't really drink beer, but.
Speaker 8: Oh sorry, Bombay Sapphire.
Speaker 1: I don't drink that.
Speaker 4: Oh boy, that's your new nickname. By the way, it's gonna stick. All right, cool, I'm fine with that. You want to do sports after this, I'd love to, all right, are the power trip wanting trip for this?
Speaker 5: On the fin.
Speaker 3: All right, here we are seven twenty five. Pout your morning show. I'm fan, You're home of all things sports. All our teams almost get there.
Speaker 1: It is crazy how quickly that all thing just ends.
Speaker 4: It just stops.
Speaker 7: We go from watching a playoff game every night, either hockey or basketball and nothing.
Speaker 5: But now we're cheering for the San Antonio Spurs.
Speaker 4: And by we I mean me.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: Let's say, well, your dad is let's go and Hogs. Yeah, Hogs has money on them.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, let's go one.
Speaker 3: Bet it's time for a fan five on the power Trip.
Speaker 6: The Minnesota Twins beat the Brewers five four yesterday to avoid the sweep. Royce Lewis is having an awful, awful season. There are hot rummers that he might be sent down as early as today. Your Twins are twenty one and twenty six. They host the Astros today at six forty. It will be a bullpen game for your Minnesota Twins.
Speaker 3: He's playing like he misses Saint Paul.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 6: He strikes out like thirty something percent of the time. It's hideous, ugh, thirty percent of the time.
Speaker 4: It works every time he's trying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but his career has kind of gone downhill ever since. He said, I think it was last year. He doesn't slump. It's the weird thing to say.
Speaker 2: Baseball gods giveth and the baseball gods taketh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, a weird thing. Everybody that plays baseball gets in a slump. Yeah, yes, even Pete Rose, even Pete Rose. Yeah, even first guy I thought of Dorn. I mean, he's the best hitter of all time. Yes, Tony gwyn might yeah, Tony. I And what's the stat that Tony Gwinn struck out like two hundred times in his career, his whole career. I think, like Greg Maddox struck him out, or like, yeah, hold on, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: It's okay, you can go. We're gonna believe you continue.
Speaker 3: I'll believe you.
Speaker 4: Make it anything you want.
Speaker 3: In other news, I really like those Milwaukee Brewers' uniforms they were wearing this weekend. I like that blue and yellow combo. Kind of cool. It's kind of cool.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, I still I still love and saucible love this too. On National TV last night, the Padres are playing the Seattle Mariners.
Speaker 3: Hell yeah, I just love the Padres.
Speaker 7: Every every color, combination that the pods put out. I'm like, I want that hat and I want that jersey.
Speaker 6: Yeah, their pro shop is sweet because their hats are outstanding, like even the old school, like navy blue hat with the orange D and the white S.
Speaker 4: That was a great.
Speaker 5: Hat according to artificial intelligence. And they're not with stats. But let's just go with this because it's cleaning. Well, this is Google Gemini. Should I be using this?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: You get struck out?
Speaker 5: According to Baseball Reference dot Com, Tony Gwinn struck out exactly four hundred and thirty four times in his twenty year major league career, which means he struck out less than four percent of his career at bats.
Speaker 7: It's incredible and riceless.
Speaker 4: Is at like what he said? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think he strikes out every time he's up. He faced them. This is AI again. He faced Hall of Fame pitcher Greg Maddox one hundred and seven times in his career.
Speaker 4: He never struck him out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, Greg Maddox, a Hall of Famer himself, never struck out.
Speaker 4: How about this?
Speaker 5: Tony Gwinn averaged just twenty nine strikeouts per one sixty two and never struck out more than forty times in a single season, and again Royce Lewis has struck out forty times in the last three days combined.
Speaker 4: That was not accurate. But yeah, what else you got there, Sauce. Let's see here the Calves rolled the Pistons.
Speaker 6: I know Hawks upset about this because he loves the Pistons of Detroit ninety four to advance to the East Finals against the New York Knicks. Game one of that series is tomorrow at seven pm. The Knicks are seven and a half point favorites.
Speaker 7: This is a complete aside. Did you guys know the reason why the Oklahoma City thunder called the thunder and has nothing to do with weather.
Speaker 3: It's like, uh, you guess, no, falo, No.
Speaker 7: It's because the city of Oklahoma City allowed when the US government wanted to test planes going sonic. Yeah, no other municipality wanted to agree to have these planes test what subsnic booms would do or supersnic booms would do in the metropolitan area, and Oklahoma City said like, yeah, we'll let you guys do. So there's a time there where there was sonic booms over the city all day, every day, and they people thought it was Thunder.
Speaker 5: Which is infuriating because if any team should be called the SuperSonics, it's the team that was formerly the Supersonic exactly correct, So that was a small nod to the past. But they couldn't be Could I believe the city of Seattle or something maintained the rights to the Sonics.
Speaker 4: Correct, isn't it something like that that I think?
Speaker 5: So, Yeah, I don't believe that the name went with Oklahoma City. I think somebody in Seattle said, well, we want that. I don't remember how that works.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the team can lead, but we got to keep the Yeah, that might.
Speaker 5: Be like sixty percent accurate. I'm not sure if I'm one hundred percent right on that, but anyway, that's that's kind of cool that it is still a small nod then to the idea of a supersonic Yeah, clap ooh.
Speaker 4: Hawk had that snuffers Hawk would love a supersonic class.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they open up for volcanic pink at the film or next week, Yes, sir.
Speaker 6: One in the Sane Game, one of the Western Conference Finals is tonight at seventh or between the Spurs and Thunder.
Speaker 4: Okse is a six and a half point favorite. Go Spurs. Let's go.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 5: Spurs care more about this than I care about Minnesota sports, right, Gambling makes uh that happen.
Speaker 4: You know it brings the worst out of me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think this job brings us worst, the worst out.
Speaker 4: Of me, and gambling brings the worst out of me. If I never feel that way.
Speaker 6: Didn't you bet that when we were in then your dad bet that when we were in Las Vegas.
Speaker 4: First week of the season. Yeah, that's a great call.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why I wanted to get it, Mart, That's why I want to he look to make money in the stock market or in sports, you have to see it before the public sees it, right, You have to see it before it actually is there. Otherwise everybody goes, well, yeah, of course Wemby has a chance to be MVP. Of course Wimby and the Spurs have a chance to win it. He saw it week one and goes, they're ready. I go any nuts just because he watched one game. It was like, I think it was a televised game week one of the season. He's like, the Spurs aren't two or three years away. They're ready, And I'm in Vegas. If you want me to make the bet I'll do it thirty five one. Let's go well, I mean, or you could be roasty. He was gonna pick Aaron Rye on Wednesday, you know.
Speaker 3: Speaking of that, I was gonna ask you guys. And normally when something big happens like that, you get a couple of stories about a guy who puts, you know, their entire mortgage on it. One is a billion dollars? Did any mighty do that'?
Speaker 4: Say?
Speaker 3: Have you seen?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: Also that Zay guy, Sarah Ray so brilliant the.
Speaker 5: And it is the DraftKings took a two hundred and eighty eight dollars wager when it was down to two thirty to one, so that paid out sixty six thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 4: It's a good hit.
Speaker 3: That's fine, it's a great hit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that is good. Do you guys want another cool Tony Gwynn's stat? Yeah, let's do it. If Tony Gwynn had gone zero for twelve hundred and thirty two in his final twelve hundred and thirty two at bats in his career, his batting average still would be three hundred.
Speaker 4: And that's incredible. That's at me. That doesn't even make sense. No, that's how good he was.
Speaker 5: I bet the kids don't even know who Tony gwinn is either, right, Like he's one of those guys because he wasn't a home.
Speaker 7: Run here and he died and died super young, and he was a general market Yeah right true?
Speaker 1: Yeah? God was he good? Yeah?
Speaker 3: He was great?
Speaker 7: Ut fell huh?
Speaker 4: S g A won his second straight MVP. How can I know you're excited for that?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 4: Am?
Speaker 3: I like that video game.
Speaker 4: Comes out in November?
Speaker 5: S G six, Well, it's your brother. Stupid company might have leaked some information over the week and you see that. No, there were some hot rumors that, like the pre sale is launching, I think even as early as today. I think it was supposed to be soon. But I think the best by accidentally said that and it hadn't been confirmed yet.
Speaker 3: Who I'm saying Dobb's Double Headed Toys launched some information. That's what he worked.
Speaker 4: He got a new jo.
Speaker 2: No, No, Chris is his main job, the one that he admits in public, Double Headed Toy. That's that's Smoots business, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah? The partners, Oh, I can't wait, it's gonna be so I can't wait. But it's gonna hate it? Who cares? Because it's all we're going to talk about during Viking season two. Who he's gonna just hate it?
Speaker 5: But there's a chance by that point the Vikes are out of it anyway, and we can just lean right into g t A six.
Speaker 3: Would you just stop?
Speaker 5: I set a chance. I didn't say for sure. There's a chance they're just done by the time. What is it, November nineteenth or something? GTA is I think so, yeah, scheduled.
Speaker 1: To be outays.
Speaker 2: I know, like we're gonna be as I know, this show doesn't do it, but like other shows in this building have been known to like take weeks at a time off.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just saying this thing about it.
Speaker 4: Maybe your best idea ever.
Speaker 7: I think you guys should just do three and a half hours of live streaming of g t A.
Speaker 4: Well, Hawk's gonna behind you? Was it? Yeah? Hawk have trouble getting off the horse?
Speaker 3: Well he did, and listen, I'd like to play the game.
Speaker 4: I like to play the game. You kept punching it and I can't. Yeah, in uh in red red Red Dad, he couldn't get down the mountain. I punching his horse.
Speaker 3: I was trying to fight off the wolves, and I kept punching my four horses, and then he jumped off the cliff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what'd you name it?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Gerald?
Speaker 4: I think yeahs was Peter North.
Speaker 1: That's a terrible name. Mine was Jasmine Shock.
Speaker 4: I would say, out of the world, that's a terrible name. Yeah, surprising Zacho actually right, yeah, surprised. Well it was before JJ McCarthy m hm oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Okay, Game seven of the Canadians and Sabers, Zacho is tonight.
Speaker 4: It's six thirty.
Speaker 1: Come on, I got I got a go ahead.
Speaker 2: I got a bad luck at the bar at Zorba's that night because I went up to the bar to get another drink and I look up and I saw eight to three and I dropped an F bomb because I was so shocked. It was three to one in the first period in favor of Montreal, and somehow the Sabers rattle off seven goals and saved their season at least for now, and now they can come back. I mean, that's crazy. Good luck to the Zucker. The problem is the courses. I think the last time the Carolina Hurricanes played was May ninth, so they're on track for a twelve day off break and they get to play the winner of this whoever wins team.
Speaker 5: We'll worry about that later, right, Let's just get Jason Zucker to be finals. Yeah, come out Jason, and then we'll worry about that later. Jason was one of those seven goals. In fact, he was the first of those seven consecutive because he scored to make it three to two Montreal, and then Buffalo kept going after that and put up six more in one, eight to three.
Speaker 4: Yes, well done, mill yay.
Speaker 6: Aaron Rodgers signed a one year deal with the Steelers to come back for his twenty second season.
Speaker 4: He'll make between twenty three and twenty five million dollars with incentives.
Speaker 3: It's like a dollar an hour in twenty three and twenty five would be twenty four.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he can make twenty three and if he hits these things, he can make twenty five. That he's expected to report today to OTA. He's there, there's already he's actually got a show for OTAs. Yeah, that's the word again. Mike McCarthy the new coach in Pittsburgh. They had thirteen seasons together in Green Bay. Man, it's a weird thing with Pittsburgh. Ben and you can speak more on this, but they just kick the can on a young quarterback all the time they've drafted. It didn't work, and they just kicked the can more down the road because they always finish between like nineteen and twenty fifth in the in the NFL draft.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would say I would think that their fan base looking at these twenty twenty seven draft they are maybe not super excited that Rogers is going to come back. Yeah, but you know who knows. I mean, maybe he just really doesn't have anything left in the tank. And they win four games this year and they have a chance for one of these top quarterback or they'll win eight, like yeah, uh yeah. Aaron Rye won the PG Championship.
Speaker 4: He was nine under. Marnie won the Partrip bet with John Ram who was six under.
Speaker 5: Hog's daddy, Me, my dad all got our money and Marnie should feel grateful for the eight hundred because I've you know, I'm not a golfer, but I've heard Common talk about golf a lot, and how Common thinks he's a better putter than a.
Speaker 4: Lot of people on tour.
Speaker 5: Everybody this weekend was a better putter than Scottie Scheffler. I just couldn't believe it. Yeah, like a three foot he missed right, but he missed a whole bunch from inside of ten. And that was essentially the difference. If he just makes four or five that he normally is a guarantee on, then he's absolutely right there at the wire. Yeah, and who's to say the whole thing is indifferent if Scheffler's name is in first or second coming down the stretch.
Speaker 4: But he putted himself out of contention. Yeah, Ram on Saturday night.
Speaker 6: Who knows what this changes, But he three putted on eighteen like an easy, like par putt from like two and a half feet and blew it right by the hole.
Speaker 4: Vikings news in a second.
Speaker 5: We have semi breaking but also something we heard about a week ago breaking news in a second in the NFL. We'll talk about that in a second as well more of the power tie, won't't you after this?
Speaker 4: I'm a fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center was in.
Speaker 2: Depth takes initials, password, games, fantasys content, Chris Hockey waving at the camera, and Mark search KFE and you two minute subscribed today.
Speaker 4: Hey here, I am.
Speaker 3: Duh yeah. Correct, we got a bald head, a little bit of sun this Weekend's good. Bucky, need to shave my face. Apparently I weren't a v neck, which I don't do very often.
Speaker 4: You look nice, thank you? Yeah man? All right, we got two things to discuss in Vikings. Shall we thank you?
Speaker 3: Here you go, right, it's time for news on the Power Trip, presented by Reco. Let's go Redco the Bell Bank Studios. Here's Corey Coe.
Speaker 4: All right, there's two things.
Speaker 5: These are both things we've heard about for weeks, but they both are on the brink of being official. One of them is not necessarily related to the Vikings. The other one is the one that's not related to the Vikings unless they're in the game. Tomorrow, it's expected to be voted on and Nashville is expected to be named the Super Bowl twenty thirty hosts, So it should be official tomorrow that the Titans have a new stadium expected open in twenty twenty seven. Nashville expected to get the Super Bowl in twenty thirty, So Inglewood this year, Atlanta next year, Vegas in twenty nine, Nashville and thirty man. If the Vikings are ever going to make the Super Bowl? Can it please just be in twenty twenty nine?
Speaker 4: We'd have to come out.
Speaker 3: How about with that one too, like we go on a run at them all.
Speaker 5: How About let's just start with twenty nine. Let's just make sure that the volt spikes are in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, said right.
Speaker 5: It's a nice alliteration. Diego will cut cool liners. Let's say the Vikes are in Vegas. PA can come up with some cool catchphrase as well. So anyway, that's expected to be official tomorrow. The one that does impact us we've heard a lot about, but Albert Breer of US Sports Illustrated says that quote, the expectations is that the Twin Cities will be awarded the twenty twenty eight draft at the meetings, so a big contingent, including ownership, will be in Orlando for that, he reported. Aporded that today Albert Breer is the first one saying that is it is expected that this week we will have the draft officially. The twenty twenty seven draft is in Washington, d C.
Speaker 4: Ummmmmmm bum bum bumm. What are the next ones?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 5: Don't don't we have the other ones listed? It doesn't matter This next year's is in DC. I forget about No, that is the twenty eight draft. Never mind the vikings will be eight.
Speaker 4: There isn't any between that. Hell am man.
Speaker 7: And do we know when DC's stadium is going to be done? When is that gonna be which? Have you seen the renderings?
Speaker 4: That thing is AW.
Speaker 3: Thirty or something. It's pretty fun. So it's so far out, I thought, So let me look. Okay, so I wish we were going to Buffalo. I'd like to see the new one there.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So two things on that front, if I understand this correctly. The new Titan Stadium, the new Nissan Stadium really took huge inspiration from our stadium, Like our stadium was sort of the pioneer with that that translucent top. And I think I think the Titans new team. The whole thing is that it's not a it's not just one section of it, like one side. I think the whole top is that translucent, clear plastic or whatever it is. So it's gonna feel like an out it's gonna feel like an outdoor stadium, but it's gonna have a ton of natural light.
Speaker 4: This is sweet.
Speaker 7: Look, yeah, it looks really really such a record player it's really cool, it's creative. Yeah, Yeah, I'm telling you the the DC one is going to be. I think that's gonna be the one that I cannot wait to see when it's when it's completed.
Speaker 9: Washing machine or that that's good. Yeah, I'm sure they love that. I'm sure the architects love that. Look like washing to do something.
Speaker 7: That sort of reflects our musical culture. Washing, here's a record player or or maybe just a whirlpool? What else I was going to say? Oh, the other thing about us hosting the draft?
Speaker 4: What are they going to do it? That is the number one question that they have yet to answer.
Speaker 5: So according to this story, this is actually Joe Nelson through Bring Me the News, but also side dot com. If the draft does indeed come to the Twenty Cities in twenty twenty eight, the expectations that it would be held April twenty seventh through the twenty ninth of that year, with events taking place at US Bank Stadium, Mall of America, and the Vikings Lake Development, which includes the team's headquarters TCO.
Speaker 7: What do you mean three locations?
Speaker 4: So my get this is a guess.
Speaker 5: My guess is the main draft would be at US Bank Stadium or the area outside of US Bank Stadium.
Speaker 7: See, I think the main one would be at Mall of America just from a space standpoint, I mean, they had the opening night, they draft the Thursday, didn't they have like three hundred thousand people there or something crazy?
Speaker 4: How can you do that at Mall of America?
Speaker 3: You can't do that at US Bank stage.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine the line at Annie AND's If there's three hundred thousand people at.
Speaker 4: M A a lot of points.
Speaker 3: I think it's outside the station.
Speaker 4: God, yeah, I think it'd be outside of the standium.
Speaker 7: Yeah no, no, no, I know that, but there but what there's no greens space right next to the Long House to the Longhouse. You can't fit You can't even fit fifty thousand people there.
Speaker 4: That's a good but shut down the streets.
Speaker 7: I mean you got to think of this giant stage, like where is the stage going to go? Where you maybe on the plaza. They can put the stage on the plaza and kind of like pointing towards in the stadium will be the back drop and the state will be the back will be all covered.
Speaker 10: Yeah, stud I don't know, man, I mean that's that's really tight. Yeah, so let's go for a creativity here. Let's see if you can do this. Let's say the whole draft in Mall of America. Okay, right, when the Bears make a pick, they make their announcement from the Build a Bear workshop.
Speaker 4: Yeah that makes sense, right? Yeah, well said, where where the Vikings make their draft pick from?
Speaker 6: The Vikings would make their draft pick from the Vikings team store, one of many inside the Mall of America.
Speaker 4: Sneaky about the Cardinals.
Speaker 6: The Cardinals would make their pick from inside one of those birds stores where they sell bird seed and birdhouses.
Speaker 4: Wait, there's birds stores at.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty sure, yeah, right by field the Dreams. Why we're treated there's a store.
Speaker 5: With birdhouses it the Mall of America. How does that play survive for the rent every month? Bend your hands up?
Speaker 3: Okay, my hand is up.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 7: Still record attendance at this year's draft in eight hundred and five thousand people attended. Okay, on the three days day one, three hundred and twenty thousand people attended the draft on day one. Where the hell are you going to put even?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Even two hundred thousand people, even if it's they're not setting records.
Speaker 6: Where are two hundred thousand people gonna go with stim You're right, they don't have enough space.
Speaker 7: There's no space there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all you gotta do is shut down a couple of streets.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but there's gonna be obstructed views everywhere, Like where are you gonna?
Speaker 5: Hey, look, I'm excited if the Twin Cities is going to get the draft, But let's be honest, the Draft would suck to go to. So if somebody wants to go down there, they're gonna have to figure it out and have fun in their own ways. They're just gonna have to have about sixteen Schlitzes and call it a day.
Speaker 4: Wells, oh my Goshlips is gonna be gone by then. What will we do? I don't know.
Speaker 7: I just think the mall, the Mall of America parking lot next to Ikea. If you open Future water Park, Yeah.
Speaker 1: What about that's not bad? Backgrounds stayed fair fair Grounds.
Speaker 6: Where did they do it in Green Bay along the area of the stadium right next to Lambeau.
Speaker 3: I think it's a big enough deal that they'll shut down streets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt.
Speaker 7: Well, they shut down streets, But what I'm saying is that there's buildings in between those streets and yeah, we got two just like tear down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, guys.
Speaker 7: Wouldn't that be awesome tho? If that was just like parking lots and we could actually have real tailgates outside the station.
Speaker 1: There would be elite elite Harden Hills. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The State Fair idea isn't bad either, zachis. Yeah, that midway area or at least there's green space that would make Hawk go to the fair?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 5: What about where they hold the Renaissance Festival? Hawk loves that Chris could bring his pirate coat. Loves live action role play.
Speaker 3: You can use another pirate Yeah, did you buy one, two or three?
Speaker 4: You're gonna buy one when you go to Tampa Bay, aren't you. He's gonna work. Do they have a casino near there?
Speaker 3: Wave? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Chris is going to be so in character.
Speaker 5: He's going to walk into the Vikings broadcast booth wearing a Pirates costume. They're going to ask him to leave just a wench on each arm. Yeah, they're gonna say, buddy, you can't cheer in the press box.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're saying it right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there's Uh, from what I've been told, some strip clubs.
Speaker 7: There that you've also waved to with those tight like corset things with their boobs popping out.
Speaker 3: Brother, Yeah, you know, you know, and they got screomy. But you know what, who needs teeth?
Speaker 4: Who cares about their vitamin C and what?
Speaker 2: Some of them some hard rock hotel casino in Tampa deep Addison away from there. That's close to where you guys are going to be. They got great food, that's where. That's where Adison was arrested.
Speaker 3: Exactly right.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna guess, uh redemption baby.
Speaker 3: Nope, I'm gonna say they'll keep them away.
Speaker 4: From our bet you've just waved at that place, HOWK A.
Speaker 3: Couple of times. I like to look at the architecture and sometimes they have art. It's a hard rock, hard rock cafe. You know, there's guitars and stuff in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't go for the gambling.
Speaker 3: I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who knows.
Speaker 5: Where this draft is going to be when it comes to Minneapolis, But I guess better us than somebody else.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, well I the myth I guess they're having, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like I like I uh semi predicted semi guessed what a month or so ago. Again, look at the the cities that are getting super Bowls Inglewood, California, Atlanta, South Vegas, Desert, Nashville, South. The North is going to keep getting the drafts. The South is going to keep getting the super Bowls. So they're they're going to give us green Bay got it, you know, Pittsburgh got it.
Speaker 4: We're going to get it.
Speaker 5: So it's just going to be in cold spots. And even if it doesn't make a lot of sense, they're just going to figure it out. They're going to give the northern cities the drafts.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 7: Yeah, unless unless there's a new stadium being built, because then that that that is the protocol. Build a new stadium within two or three years, you get to host a super Bowl.
Speaker 5: So that's but I will also say that's always been the plan. I wonder if this changes the plan, because again I don't think the NFL ever wont to have a super Bowl where there's two feet of snow again, no, so forty below right, So I just I don't think it's worth it. I think they realize it's not worth it. Let's just we'll give them the draft. Can have eight, one hundred thousand people show up and stop complaining that you don't get to see.
Speaker 7: What's crazy about that? Is you really only you have to be very strategic about it. It's not just the South. I mean the one in Dallas was terrible because the weather suck.
Speaker 4: Oh the weather sucked.
Speaker 7: I mean Dallas, Texas at that time of year is not good. I mean ice storms, it's cold.
Speaker 5: I see what you're saying. I know what you're trying to say. You want me to say it for you? What Vegas every year?
Speaker 4: Every year we get it?
Speaker 7: Then I guess there's Vegas, Miami.
Speaker 4: You are, Oh you do Vegas? Someone by?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I just realized. You guys, here's what the NFL says to you.
Speaker 7: Then, ma'am, please don't be a bit.
Speaker 3: I know you did not.
Speaker 1: You did not say that.
Speaker 5: I love it, he says, ma'am subtly so smart to please don't be a bit. He tries to be polite.
Speaker 4: And have you seen that sketch Ben yet? No? Oh god, god, Ben Well Ferrell Saturday night it was so good.
Speaker 7: Oh that's when he's been the doctor. Yeah, okay, I I guess I was interrupted when I was watching it. For some reason, I didn't see the whole thing. It's good start to finish.
Speaker 3: Well, you guys know what I just realized. This is kind of sick.
Speaker 7: Wait, you mentioned the seminal hard rock. Yeah, you know there's a fluid that starts a seminal m hmm, yeah, what is that?
Speaker 4: Well, why did you look it up? Now?
Speaker 7: Like when I think about seminal hard rock, it just has a different it has a different meaning, a different sound to me. I know it's spelled differently.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but I'm not sure.
Speaker 7: I would think of it the same way.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's exactly what you think.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I didn't realize. I mean I didn't know. I guess the word, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, spell differently, spelled differently, But now it's the same when you when you think about that connotation, then you put hard rock after it. Yeah, yeah, keep going in close exactly, Mane, that's a jackpie.
Speaker 5: So the seminal hard rock casino is really inverted because it should be casino hard rock seminal.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, very well played.
Speaker 3: That's the way it goes.
Speaker 4: That's most of our weekend. That's why I can't go in there. Ever, Your weekend start. Well, it started with a casino and then I got rock.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, maybe casino, casino, hard rock, volcanic pink.
Speaker 5: Okay, seminol, you're getting emails is a joke, No, Kevin, it's not. I've heard great things about the Casino's never been there. I gotta get down.
Speaker 4: There somebody who's been there.
Speaker 5: It doesn't count if you just drive by it waves what if your uh waymo takes you to it?
Speaker 3: Speaking of that, wamo's trying to get into Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Where the players play.
Speaker 7: Sure Luther Chris won't let him in or what?
Speaker 3: Sure? Well, there's a problem because these these wamos continue going to the same neighborhood and just going around in circles.
Speaker 6: I think yesterday morning we have fifty cars that came through between six and seven, and we had at one point eight waymos that were stuck trying to figure out how to turn around.
Speaker 3: Seriously, they won't stop going to this neighborhood.
Speaker 1: M Interesting.
Speaker 3: I saw somebody driving awaimo down the road the other day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think they're experimenting out here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're trying.
Speaker 7: But that's what's gonna happen when when these become actual artificial bots in hockey. You buy a female version of this and she's just gonna walk in the living room and make a circle and walk back out.
Speaker 3: That's what you want doing.
Speaker 2: No, you wanted to leave quickly, that's what he wants. Yeah, I will say when I uh rode my Waymo. Back in October, I was after a concert down in La and there was a block. It was you know, just you hit a walk to like a certain street, and there was a block and it was just full of waymos and there were people who are getting into them, who are just having to wait for other people to get into their weamos in front of them. I mean there was like three deep for like a block and a half of waymos and they're just big.
Speaker 3: Dumb animals. They really are just sitting there waiting to get interview.
Speaker 7: Don't you feel like we're sort of releasing these into the wild a little too soon?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, yeah, I have had it Boice Yeah, after I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, I'm with Ben. They run over people.
Speaker 7: I kind of feel like maybe we should go through different iterations and upgrades, some software upgrades before we just release these out into the wild.
Speaker 1: Release the cracking safer than humans.
Speaker 3: Manh hm hmmm.
Speaker 4: He may not be wrong. Do you guys know where the name waimo came from?
Speaker 1: No, just googled it.
Speaker 4: Who am Uh.
Speaker 5: It stands for a new way forward in mobility, So it's a combination of way in mobility, Ben, Yeah, flowing down a new way forward in mobility.
Speaker 1: They were cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the really, I mean, that's a terrible name. It is what it is, well played.
Speaker 5: The power tripono returns after this William, So watch in like thirty minutes. Ben Lever's here. The the old fan five is next. This is the power trim on the fan from