Speaker 1: Broadcasting across the LA Todgers Audio network on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Like left level, another set who could do it lightly?
Speaker 1: They met another yea like the best player we've ever seen. Welcome into a playoff edition of Marongo Casino Todgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: It's a whole new season.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame. Look at the world champion LA Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Oh that'll show road still goes through La girls.
Speaker 2: This is not a slbition. My hot musim position.
Speaker 1: If you want to coming now your host walking you up to first pitch. Golden, my god, it's Tim Kakes.
Speaker 4: Ohiverybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. Hope you're well as your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers are in the National League Divisional Series. After winning back to back games at the Bank in Philadelphia, winning games one and two of this best of five series, the Dodgers look for the three game suite tonight at Dodgers Stadium with the Oceanobu Yamamoto on the mound. First pitch from Dodgers Stadium is coming up as six to zero eight. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You are gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. That's coming up in about fifteen minutes. David Vasse joins us throughout the hour. Of course, he'll go one on one with Dodger outfielder Alex Call. We got your Dodgers magical moment here in the postseason.
Speaker 2: Shortly we'll visit with.
Speaker 4: Kirsten Watson from Sports at LA and in just a few minutes we will head over to the gallopin Motors Broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday, who are onto the call. Well, the Dodgers were last at it on Monday in Philadelphia. The Dodgers looking to go up two to ozho in the best of five series, and they got a fantastic pitching performance from Snell.
Speaker 1: Zilla.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Blake Snell. Six shutout innings. He allowed just one hit while striking out nine. Meanwhile, Hayestunis Lozardo was pitching well for the Phillies. They were going toe to toe for the first sixth innies. It was a pitchers duel until the seventh, when the Dodgers do what they do, put up those crooked numbers on the scoreboard. Keith k Hernandez got it started with a fielder's choice, scoring ta Oscar Hernandez on the broken bat ball up the middle. Then a few matters later will Smith added two more.
Speaker 5: Dodgers up one nothing, looking from more than the seventh bases loaded, two out, first pitch, will.
Speaker 4: Smith drives the base hit to left field.
Speaker 2: Freeman is in. Here comes key k. Will Smith clutches up a two.
Speaker 5: Rung single on the seventh to make it three nothing Dodgers.
Speaker 6: And that's why Dave Roberts is talking about, Look, we're going to use will Smith when opportunities arise, and boy, no bigger opportunity than right there.
Speaker 4: Will Smith deliverers with the two run singles the left Dodgers a three to nothing lead, and wouldn't you know it, the lineup turned over and show a Ho Tani. Then with an RBI single through the right hole, scoring Max Mounsei. The Dodgers put a four spot up in the seventh inning to take a four to nothing lead. Mentioned Blake Snell with the six shutout innings image she ain't got the seventh, put up a zero in the eighth, he gave up a run. It was four to one going to the ninth inning when Blake Tryon took over and that's when the wheels kind of came off Trying and the first three batters scored got on base, and the Dodgers found themselves in a hole, possibly with a tie run ninety or at second base. The Dodgers with a great defensive play with Bryson Soot up to bat.
Speaker 6: Both Munsi a third. That means the Bets is going over to third from the short stop position.
Speaker 5: Bessie A kicks and fire Stott gets the bunt down to third.
Speaker 2: Picked up on Munsie, he goes.
Speaker 5: To third and Castianos is gonna be out.
Speaker 2: They execute the play to perfection.
Speaker 6: Rick Mundane absolute gutsy play by Max Munsey. He had his body in position to begin with. I think the Phillies gonna challenge this. They have really nothing to lose to challenge it. And Mookie Betts stood his ground because Bets he got knocked over on that tag, but for months he the good throw to Bets. Bets got there in time, and what an athletic catching tag by Mookie Betts.
Speaker 3: Terrific play on.
Speaker 1: The fundamentals of the game. In the ninth in against the.
Speaker 4: Old wheel play on the debunt defense as the Dodgers get Costianos out at third. That was big because the next batter, Harrison Baders, singled the left. He would have scored the tye and run instead. A couple of batters later, Rookie Sasaki came on with a tye and run at ninety feet away at third base gets the ground ball out, ballgame over. Dodgers hang on and beat the Phillies on Monday night at the Bank in Philadelphia four to three. Your final Blake Snell gets to win Ky susil Azar against tagged with the lost, Dodgers head home now with a two to oh series lead in this best of five nlds and that was the top tier playing the game, Rodger by Arco quality, top tier gas for less and tonight the Dodgers look to put the nail in the coffin that is the Phillies season. With Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound first pitch at six oh eight and with more, let's head over to the Gallpin Motors broadcast. But as we say hello to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday, guys.
Speaker 5: Tim kats it's great to be back home at Dodgers Stadium for a postseason game in Rick Monday, it is even better on the heels of two road victories for the Dodgers. They open the division series against the Phillies with two road wins and now they need just one more win to head back to the National League Championship Series. But similarly to how we talk about getting the final outs of a single game, getting the last win of a series is the toughest yep.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 6: And for the Dodgers, they had to play their tails off defensively in the ninth inning on Monday night in Philadelphia. You'll play on the bunt. They got a huge out a third and then for Freddy Freeman saved the bacon as he picked a clean on a very poor throw by Tommy Edmond, which is unusual in itself, also in that ninth then and so yeah, the Dodgers are up two games to none, having won Monday's game by a score at four to three. So we can plug in a lot of different numbers. How about these numbers teams up two and zero in the best of a five series winning those two games on the road are thirty one and thirteen as far as winning series means absolutely nothing. If you ask the Philadelphia Phillies, because they know people will say, well, you have to win three in a row. Their mindset is they have to win one game and then tomorrow come back and win one game and send it back to philm.
Speaker 5: In the short series, it could get tight, it could get uncomfortable really quick.
Speaker 2: But the Dodgers playing great baseball.
Speaker 5: They've won nine straight overall, and in the postseason they won fourteen of the last seventeen games. They've been especially good here at home. And they have Yoshinobu Yamamodo on the mound. Not a surprise for the Dodgers. It's their ace and he's going on regular rest for him. The surprises on the other side for the Phillies. They're starting Aaron Nola. But I think, mo, this is just me.
Speaker 2: To do him.
Speaker 5: We're obviously not in the meetings of Rob Thompson in the Philadelphia front office, but it seemed like potentially a move to just basically make Nola an opener in front of Ranger swar Is to see if the Dodgers would throw out a starting lineup where they stack a bunch of their lefties and then bring Suarez in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly. And for Aaron Nolan, he's not started a ballgame in eleven days. And as to your explanation, the Dodgers had dropped Max Muncie, who is going to start at third base tonight. Munsey's going to bat in the seventh spot. We also have another new edition in the starting line up, that being Will Smith, who's going to bat in the five spots. So it's going to be O, Tommy Betts, Teoscar Hernandez, who has been red hot so far in postseason, followed by Freeman and then Smith kicking. Hernandez gets to start in left field, Pajz in center, and Tommy Edmond will start at second base.
Speaker 5: No team since the Toronto Blue Jays in twenty fifteen has won a best of five series after losing the first two games at home. The Dodgers would like to keep that bit of history in Toronto, and they could take care of business tonight. One more win and they're onto the Nation League Championship Series. We'll be back in a little bit with some keys from Mope.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Nelly, as we cut you down to first pitch, Dodger fans get your GameDay meo long at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. You can order hear Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's do it right now at Shaky's dot Com. Coming up here on Morongo Cauzino Dodgers on deck. As we lead you up to first pitch, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts get his pregame thoughts ahead of Game three of this NLDS. We all check in with the Dodger insiders David Vaza. Throughout the hour, we'll break down this pitching match up with Yoshinovu Yamamoto onto close things out for the Dodgers. But up next we'll visit with sports and at LA's Kirsten Watson as we lead you up to first pitch from Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers and Phillies Game three of the National League Divisional Series, first pitch at six oh eight.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kayson.
Speaker 4: This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers at the Phillies, Game three of the National League Divisional Series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto Aaron Nola the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at six o eight.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 4: And Kirson Now Joins is brought to you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate that old car? Call eat seven to seven Cars for Kids right now, Friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. Here we are a closeout game for the Dodgers, up two games to nothing in this best of five series. And the right guy to have on the mound at Yoshinobu Yamamoto.
Speaker 7: It really is when you look at what Yoshina has done this year. First of course having an All Star campaign, he is someone who has been so good in the postseason. He talked about before heading into the Wildcard just the experience and what he learned last year in the postseason, obviously ultimately winning the World Series, but he came in so clutch in really big moments.
Speaker 2: Yes, maybe that first postseason.
Speaker 7: Start he had, maybe things were a little bit off for him, but since then he has been elite in these types of games, and so for him to be on the mound today even I love what kek her Names was saying this afternoon that whenever they needed to win in a big moment or kind of win clinch the division, win a series, he's been that guy that's been called upon. Obviously, they have so many they have so much talent in the rotation that anyone could be it. But Yoshi has been that constant ace of this team this year, and so whether it was winning the NLS, he was the guy in the mound, if it was to win the wild Card Series. Now being in a position today where they could sweep the Phillies to move on to the NLCS. Early in the year, he wasn't getting the run support. The last two he has gotten the run support. I'm just saying, we've been doing this thing ahead of starts where it's like, okay, ten runs. It's just like, oh, obviously ten is a lot in the October, but ten runs, if we could do that, they're in a really good spot. But he's definitely if they give him some run support. Really, obviously, he said, one who knows how to kind of set the tone in this one.
Speaker 4: Speaking of of being a good spot, the Dodgers are in a great spot, up two games to nothing.
Speaker 2: But the last thing you wanted to do is give.
Speaker 4: This Phillies team, which is looking for any kind of momentum right now, something to get positive feelings for, because they can take off at any time they can.
Speaker 7: And as much as when you ask baseball players, some believe in this word momentum, Others do not believe in momentum.
Speaker 1: But I believe in it.
Speaker 7: I believe in it as well, and I will say that right now, what is clear is the Dodgers are clicking. They're playing really good baseball. They're playing together, the offense are passing the baton. It's a group that it just takes one person to have a big moment and then they can feed off of that. We've seen it in Game one, we saw it in Game two. So now you come into this one in which they are trying to close things out, they want to get greedy because the last thing is you mentioned they want is that's a very talented Phillies team, like for them to be in a situation in which they wont two games in Philadelphia. They're looking to close it out. Tonight, Like that's huge for the Dodgers, but they respect and they recognize you cannot allow the Phillies to get hot because once they do, this thing could turn pretty quickly. So they want to get it going. Hopefully they close it out tonight. That would be amazing for all of us. Let's get greedy, right, let's call it. Let's let's move on to the NLCS.
Speaker 2: Nothing wrong with being greedy?
Speaker 1: Is time?
Speaker 7: Anything wrong with right now?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: Well, hopefully the Dodgers should help out everybody and get a win tonight. It's coming up here on Moroco because you know, Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Also, we'll hear from David Vessai, who goes one on one with Alex Call. But up next we'll hear from the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers in Phillies, Game three of the National League Divisional Series.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at six oh eight.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kats' is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 4: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Phillies Marongo Casino Resort and spot a Grand Slam for good times Game three of the National League Divisional Series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Aaron Nola the pitching matchup. We'll dive deeper into the numbers both these guys coming up and listen just a little bit. We expect to see Rangers Swars also come into relief for the Phillies at some point. Right now, let's head back downstairs and check out with the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Skpbard anything.
Speaker 3: Questions for Dave?
Speaker 1: Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 8: I think it's just kind of staying in this, uh, you know, mental state. I think that we're in a good spot. You know, Guys aren't too high, guys aren't too lax. Just focus on kind of as they said Keith, a momentum and just play good baseball. But yeah, I feel good where we're at the focus Dave.
Speaker 9: Regarding the wheel play in the ninth Mookie mentioned that it was a conversation him and Meggy had after a game against the Angels, and Maggy said, you use that play when it's do or die situations. I guess how often do you get those kind of nuggets from Miguel as a leader in the clubhouse and the value he brings to.
Speaker 8: This team all the time. You know, he he kind of asked me the right questions, and you know he wants to manage at some point, and so he's always trying to learn, and you know, he's really helped Mouky's growth, really sped up the process because of you know, the nuances of the position and thinking about things that might or might not happen and getting ahead of it. And so it's good to see, you know, Mookie thinks as a shortstop and Makey's a big reason why.
Speaker 10: Anyway, Jack here in the second row, did do you think Sheen and Roki will be back online for you tonight?
Speaker 8: Yeah? They should be out there playing catch right now, and so you know, once they do that, then I'll converse with Bardo and Mark and kind of see where they're at.
Speaker 9: All.
Speaker 4: Right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts, so all hands on deck, including an image she and rookie Susaki down that Dodgers bullpen. Will we see Clayton Kershaw for the first time in this n l DS. We'll find out and we continue here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We will check you in with David Vase gets it all the latest as we lead you up to Dodgers in Phillies here at Dodger Stadium, Game three of the National League Divisional Series. First bench schedule for six so eight. I'm Tim Katson. This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's a Dodgers in Phillies Game three the National League Divisional Series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mountain, first pitch coming up at six.
Speaker 1: Await joining Tim kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 3: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 4: All right, dv Also, it feels much different than it did a week ago for the wild card round. Here in the Divisional round. Is it's going to be rocking here at Dodgers Dating With that being said, when it gets to possibly the ninth inning, David, who are the Dodgers going to go to for those final three outs if that were to happen tonight.
Speaker 11: I don't believe there's any doubt that it would be Roki Sasaki to get those final three outs in a safe situation. The only question now is how do the Dodgers get to Roki Sasaki if Yama Modo only goes six or seven innings? And you mentioned this earlier, Tim, I believe there's a very good chance Clayton Kershaw could be one of the candidates to bridge the game from Yamamoto to Sasaki.
Speaker 3: And Kershaw joined us on Off Day.
Speaker 11: Dodger Talk last night, and he did not shy away from the fact that, Yeah, he's ready to come into this game tonight at some point. So he's itching to make his first postseason pitch this year, He's definitely ready when called upon.
Speaker 4: David has brought to you by Ford. It's time to see Ford in a new light. Just to follow up on Yamamoto getting his start, David, a year ago, he made the start in Game five of the NLDS against the Padres, and that was kind of really his coming out party as far as who he's been since then, He's been aggressive all season long. He's been really the front end guy on this rotation because of injuries, and here he is in a closeout game, the right guy to have on the mount tonight, right.
Speaker 3: He really is.
Speaker 11: Clayton Kershaw even said last night, if it wasn't for schemes, Yamamoto to him is the National League Say Young Award winner, and he's a different look than what we have seen with Otani and Blake Snell. Obviously, his signature's pitch is the split fingered fastball. But again, Tim, I feel like people don't realize that Yamamoto has pitched fantastic in his last six starts at the highest level. He's had a great year, but in his last six starts, going back to that almost no hitter in Baltimore, he's.
Speaker 3: On another level.
Speaker 11: And it feels like people just want to pick apart every little weakness to come up for a reason why the Dodgers may lose.
Speaker 3: When you look at it.
Speaker 11: Objectively, it's going to be a tall task for the Phillies to stay alive tonight against that starting pitcher in Yoshi Yamamoto.
Speaker 4: Dodgers' offense, David the last few weeks has been red hot asn't it today?
Speaker 11: Yeah, And you go back to last year's postseason, all of a sudden, after the second game of the end Olds, it really took off. Not coincidentally, keyk Hernandez was inserted, and keyk is in the starting lineup again tonight, and he has started every single postseason game so far this year. And he talked about why the Dodger offense has remained red hot during their nine game winning streak.
Speaker 12: I mean last year it was just a matter of you know, not looking back and just looking living in the moment and taking a one pitch of time. And I feel like, you know, last year, we we started going really well after Game four of the NLDS, and then this year we uh, you know, we had to play through the finish line, and I think that might have been something that helped us out.
Speaker 2: And then we got to play the the.
Speaker 12: Walker around which you know, Cincinnati ratz if you look at it in an invest of three series, we could have run into a buzz zaf as far as like facing Hunter, Green, Lodolo and Abbott, and of course we only faced one of those guys.
Speaker 2: But you know, if it.
Speaker 12: Didn't allow us to to check out or relax or anything, we had to stay locked in. And you know, we were able to take care of them in two games, and you know, we had a we had success as a group as an offense, and then you know, we didn't get too many days off going into Philly, and that's a really good team on the other side, and it was just a matter of stained patient and understanding that who we are and knowing that it's just a matter of time.
Speaker 2: And that's kind of how it went.
Speaker 11: Key k Hernandez is in left field tonight. Nex months he's at third base and really just being around the team this afternoon. Tim They're not over confident or feel like they have this game one already. It's the same demeanor I have seen, uh since the beginning of this postseason. But they're super confident, they're able to close it out tonight, but not cocky.
Speaker 3: All right, did Grace.
Speaker 4: Tupple check back in with you in just a couple of minutes still to come here? I'm wrong because you know Dodgers on deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. But I'm next Your Dodgers' Magical Moment. Don't go anywhere. Tim Kase is the world champion. Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This this Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Lead you up to Dodgers and Phillies. It's Game three in the National League Divisional Series. Yoshanoba Yamamoto on the mound to try to close things out.
Speaker 2: First, Bitch at six oh eight.
Speaker 1: I go.
Speaker 3: Without a hot dog? Who wins the hot cut.
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Bitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Times.
Speaker 4: Ah we go back to October eighth, nineteen fifty nine, sixty six years ago. Today's Game six of the World Series Dodgers taken on the White Sox in Chicago.
Speaker 13: The pitch buy ball left center. This might be a knocking off as a short stop Volla Moan is gonna got it, mon Is hunder And that's it. The Dodgers are the champions of the World. The Dodgers, for the second top in ten World Series meetings against America League competition, have come.
Speaker 1: On to win and I have a happy gang.
Speaker 13: As a runout to pet Larry Sherry the winner on the bat hold on snow Hips nobody left on the final scar Los Angeles line the Chicago White Sox three.
Speaker 4: Larry Sherry the MVP of the series after going to and zero in relief two saves five strikeouts of sub one E R Ray and that was by some on the call. Dodgers beating the White Sox nine to three to win their first World Series championship since moving out to l or This Hofey Magical Boman brought you by Hofey Hot talks Haffey Soakow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hofey Hot talks local and so great. When we continue here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll turn it over to Charlie Steiner. Yes, we'll check out with Charlie next. So we lead you out to First Bitch Dodgers and Phillies of Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All season loss.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Phillies the Game three the Nationally Divisional Series. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Aaron Nola the pitching in the matchup time. Now for the Verizon startup is we're a little bit more than thirty minutes away from the start of this game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years, so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today. We turn things over to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 14: All right, Tim, the Dodgers can wrap it up tonight and send the Phillies back home with a win. That Dodgers would have their eighth NLCS appearance in the last thirteen seasons. The Phillies, on the other hand, I've lost seven of their last eight playoff games, dating back to Game six of the twenty twenty three NLCS. Of course they lost to the Diamondbacks, and all those losses they scored three runs or less. The Dodgers and all their hot streak, have scored four runs or more in thirteen consecutive playoff games. That's the scene set as we get ready for Game three and all the talk about Game two bos, Bookie Betts and the wheel play. In the old days, it was not that unusual, but it was perfectly executed night before last, and got to give Bookie Betts his props.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly. Dave Robers was talking about it a little bit earlier when really action was in play the Dodgers. In fact, Charlie, if we go back to that game in Philadelphia, they were three terrific defensive plays. One of them by Miguel Rojas at the time was playing a third base on a ground ball, didn't have time to throw it to the second order first, he made a head first dive and the third got the run that end of that inning. But that wheel play in the ninth inning, it's already a couple of runs having been scored, and he've got runners at first and second. The butt is and normally with first and second, as a hitter, you're gonna try and butt the ball to the third baseman make base would come in. Well, the Dodgers put the wheel play on, which means they're charging in at first base, they're charging in at third base, and the shortstop is going over to third base. Well, it was executed perfectly. And Dave Roberts saying a little bit earlier, that was actually a topic of conversation about a month month and a half ago when Miguel Rojas came to Dave Roberts and said, hey, look, we get a situation dire, need to get out of a tough jam, when do we think about maybe doing the wheel play. So it really started the wheels in motion over a month ago. But boy, that was executed absolutely perfect. What a huge, huge play obviously.
Speaker 14: And you got to give your props to Mookie Betts. I mean, he has become a first rate shortstop in his first full season beginning to end at that position.
Speaker 6: Down it has not come easily, and I were chatting about this before we did this segment two different times today. For example, two different times Mookie Betts has been out taking ground balls, once by him having ground balls hit to him, and then the second time it was the entirety of the infield working on balls that are hit to them, double play possibility throwing over the first So he's already spent about forty five minutes just on the defensive part, even before he takes batting practice. These guys take it seriously and everybody in the ballpark understands the importance of this ball game because in my opinion, these may be the two best teams in postseason play right now. Unfortunately, only one is going to advance the Dodgers. They have the upside right now. But don't let the Phillies get back up off the ground because they're good ball club.
Speaker 3: But they haven't been hitting now.
Speaker 14: Top three guys, Turner, Schwarber, and Harper have gone a combined two for twenty one. Those three guys hitting oh ninety one. They've been struck out eleven times and both of the hits have been singles. And Schwarber has been missing in action.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and none of the threesome has escored a run or knocked in a run. That all being said, you know, it's the old line. You and I've talked about it before. You put all the numbers and all the facts, and boy, we've got plenty of those. Put them into the computer, and the computer says, play the game. And that's exactly what's gonna happen again tonight. The Phillies, by the way, going to a secret weapon, if you will. They contacted Major League Baseball. They feel more comfortable in wearing their baby blue uniforms. And for those that have followed the Dodgers for a period of time, this is like going back into the late seventies Dodgers and Phillies when they also wore those colored uniforms.
Speaker 14: Pitching tonight, Aaron Nola will start for the Phillies. How long he'll lasts is a big question mark, but he's a veteran of postseason play. Yamamoto is going for the Dodgers. That's a one final note before we set it on Back the Dodgers. They have been pitching awfully well. The starters Otani and Snell have allowed two hits in their last thirty nine batters.
Speaker 3: They have to base.
Speaker 14: Yama Moto hasn't given up and earned run in his last twenty four innings pitched. Just can send the Phillies home tonight with a win.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 4: Join Angel CITYFC all off October at Bemo Stadium as they host their final three home games of the regular season. Tickets at information available at angelcity dot com. Plus plan ahead for next year. The twenty twenty six season will be here before you know it. Get season tickets with Angel CITYFC. They're also available and on sale right now. Get all that information at angelcity dot com. Still to come here. On Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Rick'll be back with Steven Nelson, get you those keys to the game. But up next, we go high and tight with Dodger outfielder Alex call getting closer to the first pitch from Dodgers Stadium, Dodgers and Phillies, Game three of the National League Divisional Series. I'm Tim Kats's the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's a Dodgers in Phillies. There's both teams to take their way on the third base and first base line for introductions. Here as the first game at Dodgers Stadium of this nationally Divisional Series.
Speaker 2: Dodgers a two zero series leader. You're going into Game three.
Speaker 4: Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the Mount Todgers Baseball brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vess a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This it is high and tight.
Speaker 3: It's Game three the NLDS.
Speaker 11: The Dodgers are up two games to nothing, and I'm joined right now by Dodger outfielder Alex call who played a big role in Game one of this series.
Speaker 3: Alex thanks a lot for the time, of course.
Speaker 11: Always, I know you're always thinking as a role player, a bench player, how you're gonna be ready tonight. Aaron Nola is starting the game, but Suarez, the lefty is lurking in the bullpen. How much have you guys talked about that and how much does that play into your preparation to come into the game.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think, like you said, I'm always going to be ready no matter what. For me, I have to prepare like I'm gonna come in the game. Certainly if there's a lefty, they have plenty lefties in the bullpen, whether it's Suarez or anybody else. I'm gonna treat it the same as far as just how I get ready, how I approach, and you know, hopefully if my name gets called, I'll be ready certainly, and uh, you know, take care of business.
Speaker 11: Your locker is right next to the great Taoscar Hernandez, who has played such a big role for the Dodgers all season and especially in the postseason. What's it like being locker mates with him and just watching him do what he's done so far in October.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Tail's the best. It's been a pleasure to just watch him do his thing, see how he goes about his business, and obviously get to watch him on the field. He's an amazing player and a great guy, and it's been really fun just getting to know him and seeing how he goes about his routeam you know what he does with his swing and his approach and and he's just got so much talent and it's really fun to watch every night.
Speaker 11: He plays with so much joy. Is that contagious?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Certainly.
Speaker 10: I think anytime you have some fun out there, every time you got a smile on your face, anytime you're celebrating that, you know, it just brings other people along with you to you know, want want to join in, make it happen and make the next thing happen for the team.
Speaker 11: So certainly is Alex call, Dodger outfielder is our guest before Game three of the NLDS. Can you just describe the mood amongst the team being able to win those two games in Philadelphia and now have the opportunity to play this game at home in advance.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean the team's feeling great. I mean we we certainly still know that we got more work to do, not only in this series, but we're just gonna take care of business on what we have to do individually to help our team win tonight. And bottom line is, we have to be focused on executing our plan with with the picture, executing on defense, executing all the little things, and then we're gonna put put ourselves in a good spot just like we always have. And you know we're gonna get a great effort from our from our pictures.
Speaker 9: We know that.
Speaker 10: So it's our job just to not not take anything for granted and just go out there and play.
Speaker 3: You're starting.
Speaker 11: Pitching has been such a big factor for you guys since they got healthy, and especially in this series. You got another pretty good one on the Mountain night. And Yamamoto is he maybe one of the most overlook starters in baseball.
Speaker 10: You know, I don't know about that. I try not to read too much into everything. I just know how I feel about him, and when he's on the mound, I feel amazing, So you know, it's that's what it's all about. And just watching him go and do his thing. I mean, he looks like an artist out there pitching and everything's so smooth, everything's so nasty and just so in control, So like Stoic on the mound, just you know, going out there and dominating. So absolutely a joy to watch every time he touches the rubber and gotta feel confident with him on the mound tonight.
Speaker 11: Alex, thanks a lot for the time. I fully expect to see you in this game at some point, and please put in a good word with me with Teoscar Hernandez.
Speaker 3: Of course we'll do there, He goes.
Speaker 11: Alex call who may factor into tonight's game when Ranger Suarez comes in. He'll receive a gift card to Boulevards Steak, the acclaim modern steakhouse known for its prime cuts, fresh seafood, and incredible vibe. Just open a new location in Calabasas. To make your own reservation at Boulevard Steak in Calabasas or Sherman Oaks, visit Boulevard Steak dot com.
Speaker 3: Tim, we'll send it back to you, all right.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot, DV.
Speaker 4: Thank you Alex leading out to first pitch Dodger fans. It's Game three and the National League Divisional Series. Both teams be introduced along the first base at third base lines.
Speaker 2: You can hear the.
Speaker 4: Booze as the Phillies are being introduced. I'm naxvill dive deep into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim kase Is, the.
Speaker 4: World champion of Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Phillies, Game three the National Legue Divisional Series. Dodgers a two to oher series lead, looking to close things out tonight.
Speaker 2: First pitch coming up at six oh eight.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Presented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Work hard and play hard at a new Takomo then Force Turbo Charts engine.
Speaker 2: It's a truck built for the bulls.
Speaker 4: Here Toyota Dealer today, they make it easy. Aaron Nola on the mount, thirty two year old right Hantern is eleventh season all ready in the big leagues, all with the Phillies. Nola battled through injuries this year, finished with a five and ten record with a six to ten RRAY. In his last three starts of the season, Aaron Nola allowed eleven runs over nineteen and the third innings. His last outing against the Minnesota twinso was really good. He pitched eight innings of one run ball, striking out nine. However, Nola has postseason experience that's made him pretty good over his career ten starts five and four with a four r RA. He has three and three with the ERA of four to thirty one and seventy six strikeouts in twelve appearances against the Dodgers in his career. He is going up against Yoshinobu Yamamoto, twenty seven year old right hander made thirty starts during the regular season, twelve and eight with a two to forty nine ERA. Made a start against the Reds in the last wildcard round, wins six and two third innings, two runs, four hits, nine strikeouts and a win. He is three and zher with a two to eighty four ERA, twenty four strikeouts and twenty five and a third innings across five postseason starts, going back to last year, in which he was really good for the Dodgers. As you will remember, he last faced the Phillies in April, where he allowed an unearned run in six innings of work at Citizens Bank Park. Yoshinobu Yamamoto Aaron Nola, the pitching matchup. It's the Dodgers and Phillies. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Game three of the National League Divisional Series.
Speaker 2: Is coming up. Dodgers.
Speaker 4: The possible close out game is they've got a two to zero series lead.
Speaker 2: Keys to the game are next. I'm Tim Katson.
Speaker 4: This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All Season Low.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers in Phillies, Game three of the National League Division Series. As the Dodgers get ready to hopefully get the three games sweep up two games to nothing, first bitch coming up at six to oh eight. Don't forget after the game, we'll have Dodger talking. We'll have all the postgame reaction with high lights and reaction from the Dodgers clubhouse with the postgame show.
Speaker 2: But first let's head back over to the booth.
Speaker 4: One final time Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday, guys TC one more.
Speaker 5: That's how many wins the Dodgers need to advance to a National Championship Series for the eighth time in thirteen years. They're up two games to then on the Phillies and back home at Dodgers Stadium. The expectation is that the ravine will be ready to go the moll are you ready to go with your keys to Game three?
Speaker 6: Well, I think for Yamamoto, keep doing what you've been doing because the first time to the lineup, if you look at Yamamoto's numbers this year, one ninety six average, they have gone down the second time to the lineup and then only one eighty one the third time. Well, that's for Yamamoto, and that split finger fastball has really been a big, big key. On the other side, Dodgers have to figure out Aaron Noah. Oh they've seen him in the past, and for Nola ten other postseason starts. But looking at that first inning, because Nola this year is eer in the opening inning of games start seventeen starts. By the way, seven point nine to four era, and you know the Phillies, they do not want to let the game get away from them early.
Speaker 5: It is interesting, and Nola had the worst season of his career, but his career numbers against the Dodgers lineup are pretty darn good, and so he's gonna try and draw on that. And of course his final start of the regular season, which was sensational, albeit against the lowly Minnesota Twins. Well, you correct me if I'm not really going on on a huge limb here, But the Phillies top of the order has gotten a ton of headlines for the wrong reasons. They're combined what two for twenty one, Turner, Schwarber, and Harper. If it wasn't for that, I think there would be some heat on the Dodgers big three of Otani, Bets and Freddy Freeman because those three are combined four for twenty five. If they are going to deliver the knockout punch, one of them has to deliver a signature swing in this series.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and keep guys off base in front of him, because you figured this Hoarber eventually is going to run into something. Harper. Also, Harper's had difficulty in this series as well, and for the Dodgers knowing that Nola one of the things very quickly, his velocity is not what it used to be coming back from the early goings. He keeps the ball away from hitters a lot, and that curve ball. Only four pitchers the Nationalie through the curveball more than he did. It's over thirty percent, so fast bowls away a lot of breaking stuff. The Dodgers need to be patient and also pick out some good pitches to swing at.
Speaker 5: The Philadelphia Phillies trying to switch up their mojo. They're not going to be wearing their road gray unis. They're going to the Powder Blues, which was the primary road uniform for Philadelphia in the early seventies to the late eighties. Well, the Dodgers are going to counter with the throwback of their own. The ceremonial first pitch will be thrown out by Steve Garvey was the National League Championship Series for the Dodgers against the Phillies in nineteen seventy eight, Game three, Yamamoto against Nola, Dodgers and Phillies one more win to move on.
Speaker 6: First pitch in a moment, all.
Speaker 4: Right, thank you Nelly, let's go Dodger fans. First pitch is next. It's the Big one, Game three the National League Divisionals.
Speaker 2: There Dodgers Phillies. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mound, enjoy it. First pitches next on Tim Katson.
Speaker 4: This is the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network