Speaker 1: Democratic super duper. That's nice. Might a goo ndogay? Yes, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the thirtieth and final day of June twenty twenty six. Good Tuesday morning, everybody. My name is Chris Hockey. Welcome to the Patrick Morning. So Tuesday tireds Well, let's get this thing started. Let's get you move in a little bit. Right here we go. We're gonna get started with some comedy. We're gonna have Johnny Bonds, this is gonna be here. We're gonna have Marty Gallarnar and he cast of thousands and plenty. Just so much to get to. I can't wait. Here's Brian Reagan comedy. Patrick Morning, So Tuesday Morning, come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 3: Hey, I saw something interesting today on social media. Somebody posted a very strong political opinion and somebody replied, good point. I changed my mind. There's something I've learned about social media. The expression just saying I ain't never preceded by a compliment. When I tweet, I never want to try to sound too young, but I also don't want to sound too old. And I saw Metallica in concert. They're great, and I wanted to tweet that they were great, but I didn't want to come off like an.
Speaker 4: Old fuddy duddy.
Speaker 3: But I also didn't want to try to sound like a young whipper snapper. So I settled on boy these fellas sure, and I had a boogie like I hit the sweet spot. All my followers thought I was the cat's pajamas.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 5: Wow, Benkel, order watch Lis Beka, order.
Speaker 2: Watch I'm me the tires.
Speaker 1: Oh wre mads in the tax this now you sold test heart and you sold my heart. It is Tuesday, June thirtieth and twenty twenty six. This is the Power Trip Morning Show. I'm Corey Coche. That's Chris Hockey. There's meat sauce, Paul Embert. I believe Sam's back there, somewhere in the dark. I can't see him back there. Thanks us, Uh yeah, Johnny Bond should be here in a second. And he sent us a text yesterday. You normally sent us a text saying I'll be there bright and early in the morning. Did I miss that text? Am I losing my mind?
Speaker 5: He'll be here right now? What's I don't know? Maybe is he okay? Is he on vacation?
Speaker 1: Not sure?
Speaker 4: Do we know? I never know what he's doing.
Speaker 2: I don't know for sure either.
Speaker 1: Then Marney Gillen will be here at about seven.
Speaker 2: Beans bonds Bones. If you're out there, please send us a text let us know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's going to be here. Maybe just forgot. Yeah, what'd you see yesterday?
Speaker 5: I saw Paul Mollittor, I saw Matt Boldie, I saw Kyle Rudolph, I saw Marnie Glarnar, I saw Jason Zucker, I saw Michael Floyd.
Speaker 1: Who'd you golf with a.
Speaker 5: Bunch of really unbelievably nice gentlemen that were very cool people.
Speaker 4: Did you sweat your balls off?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That yeah, it was you know, the charity is such a great charity. But at about two o'clock the clouds all faded and this it was just pure son and it was about I bet it was about one hundred and five heat index.
Speaker 4: But it was fun. Man. We had a really good time. That made him good.
Speaker 5: I played okay, yeah, but you know, when you play in a scramble like that, you get a couple of guys that can hit it about two eighty three ten and we're playing the best ball. There's no point for those of us that can't hit it three to eighty three hundred to even hit, so just kind of put the driver back in the bag and go, all right, we'll hit that. That's great. But yeah, it was fun. They were a very positive group. They were kind to everybody that we encountered yesterday. It was very nice.
Speaker 1: Did you convince Jason to come in today?
Speaker 4: No? I talked to him for about a minute. Come on, man, he was talking to Marnie.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe Marty did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe Marnie. You never know.
Speaker 5: I don't think he can. I think he's busy all week. Oh I saw our guy, Jim Rich.
Speaker 2: Jim's the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that's the best. Yeah, I see that with Jim Rich. No, I thought, oh dude, it'd be sweet. That would go so viral. Parker, you knew I didn't see.
Speaker 4: How would we guess? You could guess?
Speaker 1: Kyle?
Speaker 4: Well, I waved to him. You didn't see.
Speaker 2: Mhmm, Lord Jesus Christ.
Speaker 5: He's on the show. Is Mark Parrish? I don't think he was invited. No, he's in Deadwood. He wasn't invited, Oh, said Parker Fox. U come on, come on, Tommy Olsen. Tommy Olsen didn't see him, didn't hear him, so he was to be there. Yeah, great dude scene. He texted me at one point, but yeah, it was. He was there, Yeah, he was there. I just didn't see him.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 5: They have two courses, so he played on probably the other one.
Speaker 4: And it was fun though.
Speaker 1: Well congratulations, good good on you, good cause good chunk of money.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, it was gretty cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah because good good cause good chunk.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: You know, yesterday the weather was like a like a strip club hot high, damn no, not damp. What so clubs do you go to?
Speaker 1: Not good ones, small towns.
Speaker 2: It kept saying it was going to a storm and rain like hell, and it never.
Speaker 4: Did, so a big tease, yeah, big.
Speaker 2: Teas yesterday All day long, I kept waiting for that big storm that was coming.
Speaker 1: Same nothing. It was gross though, yeah that's what I mean. No storms aside. It was disgusting. I needed some rain baby. Yeah.
Speaker 5: They even said before we started they were tracking a some kind of weather cell that was south and they're like, if you hear the weather horn, you have to come in. Yeah, all about four holes in, I was praying for the weather horn.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, not no, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: The cause and yeah it was walking around with swamp a million.
Speaker 4: Of course my slabs were sweaty.
Speaker 1: I'm sure, Yeah, I'm sure, Yeah, I was damp. Did you film it my sweaty slabs?
Speaker 4: Yeah? No?
Speaker 2: Were your moist evidence?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 5: I don't know who'd want to see my sweaty butt cheeks. Nobody in the world, nobody. There's not a soul that wants to see my sweaty butt cheeks.
Speaker 2: Malik Beasley put twenty bucks on it.
Speaker 1: Man, Did you see that effected a bet?
Speaker 4: You and I made?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: So there's a play where they're down this one. Yeah, they're down what a ten? I think after a free throw, there's like three seconds left and you see Malik Beasley like begging for the ball and he gets the ball in the inbound everybody else is given up. He runs down the court, puts the bucket in. I had him over eight or whatever. But because of that basket, you won the bet.
Speaker 1: Yay? Yeah, so now everybody thinks you're in on it, I am. Is this just a great example of how criminals that are stupid deserve to get caught. Yeah, Because when we talked about that pitcher back in the day, was it a year or two ago that a whole bunch of his friends and family and whatever had bet that the first pitch in the fourth inning was going to be a ball, and he threw it right into the dirty Basically three didn't don't even make it look good, and you're like, well, obviously he didn't try to throw a strike. When it's an almost ten point game, the game's over and there's three seconds left, and you are violently clapping for the ball, Give me the ball, and then you sprint at full speed.
Speaker 4: The hardest you probably work the whole game.
Speaker 1: And then you get a dunk or whatever, a layup with what is it, point three or point four to go, and you look beyond relieved. Yes, what did you think was gonna happen? Correct? I mean, here's what you do. And maybe he's got ties to the mob. I don't know, But let's say that bet goes the wrong way, right, and you lose because you don't get the ball with three seconds ago. Okay, then you do it the next game. You say, look, I did everything I could. I will rig the next one, but I can't make this look obvious. Bet twice as much on the next game. We'll fix it.
Speaker 4: I'll get you your money back.
Speaker 1: But if you do what Beasley did, guess that's part of it. And if it's mob ties and maybe he felt like he had no choice, but think about how much of that's out of his control, and that if that final possession isn't an inbound right to Beasley, if that's a if that's a rebound that goes the other way and a different Timberwolve grabs the ball and doesn't pass it too Beasley, then it's over. He has to have that free throw go in and then have that inbound go to him, or he doesn't have a chance to sprint. And what if somebody from the other team's like, what are you doing and just plays defense. Right, you're not scoring on us just for fun. Yeah, that was Garnett's bit, Right, you're not doing that. So man, he had a lot of things goes away in those in those final three or four seconds. How many years ago was that game? It was twenty twenty, twenty years ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can see him when they are shooting free throws. He's talking to whoever's going to get the inbound, like I need the ball.
Speaker 4: You got to pass me the ball man. That it's so blatant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, those two have Beasley and at Davis.
Speaker 4: It's not like it's.
Speaker 1: Brand new that these guys were headed for trouble, but they're definitely in big trouble that some of the indictments are.
Speaker 4: Coming down hard on him.
Speaker 1: How about the where is the line? ESPN dot Com? Hang on, this is all we need to know here.
Speaker 4: It is like paragraph four.
Speaker 1: According to the indictment, Malik Beasley lost millions of dollars gambling during his nine year NBA career. Damn you millions? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: On that play, you can see, as you said, Court, you can see the worry on his face before he gets the ball, like, oh god, how am I gonna Yeah, the second that basket goes in, he's screaming at Jadeen, give me the ball, Give me the ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Two of them. At Davis and Malik Beasley where teammates on the Timberwolves during the twenty twenty slash twenty twenty one season. Davis was known in the scheme as Beasley's gate keeper, prosecutors allege, so then he must have been the key master. Yeah, Davis texted Beasley in December of twenty twenty three, according to the indictment with the line that said, only way you can beat Vegas is sports betting.
Speaker 4: We can make some good money. Well, man, what a disaster, h.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's not wrong, right, long term slots is a loss, Roulette's a loss, Blackjack's a loss. Right, Like, in the long run, maybe sports betting is the only way to win.
Speaker 4: And even that is not very easy.
Speaker 1: Right if you go back to that movie too, for the money, what do you have to have like a fifty six or fifty seven percent winning percentage to like be profitable with the juice? Yeah, and almost no one can do it. It's very hard to do. I shouldn't say almost no one. A very small percentage of people you want more juice are profitable sports betters.
Speaker 4: It's Harry Man. It's very hard. Yeah, man, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: That sucks. Like that tells you how much of a gambling problem do he has?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, right? And how deep into it he is.
Speaker 2: He's living the dream, he's playing professional sports and making millions of dollars, but he's ruining it because of his gambling edition. That sucks, man.
Speaker 1: I think how many hundreds though of professional athletes. We have in this country hundreds hundreds, so we really shouldn't be surprised that a handful of them have massive gambling problems because they have nearly endless funds. Yeah, they're flushed and they scratch that itch. I'm surprised it's not more. Oh yeah, but then these stories pop up and everybusic we gotta do something. Well, not really, this is a very small percentage. Yeah, correct. Who was the guy that played for I think the Celtics. I think he played here for a little bit that had a massive gambling back walker.
Speaker 4: Yes it didn't.
Speaker 5: Weren't there reports that people saw him playing like five dollars blackjacket missed it.
Speaker 1: I believe he made over one hundred million dollars in his career and he essentially gambled it all away.
Speaker 4: I think he's completely broke.
Speaker 2: Fellers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, Yes it is. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: And if you're like you know, Chauncey Billups, you get messed up with the wrong people, then you're in big trouble.
Speaker 4: Yeah, huge trouble. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And that Chauncey Billups story is one of the million reasons why I don't play poker home games. I'm playing in casinos and if they're going to try to cheat me there, best of luck to you. It's at least on camera. I'm not playing home games. Yeah, Chauncey billups is like, come play with me. Nah, you have X rays and like card uh uh. They that was the other thing too. They had everything. Yeah, they had rigged card shufflers. They had the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Remember you were playing at that one home game with David Allen Greer and Vincent and Afrio.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday to both of them, Monica Potter had Remember you were happy birthday to Modesty.
Speaker 2: Sure, Modest Yahoo is cheating, but I can't prove it. Remember, and then you realized he had upskirt photos of.
Speaker 1: Mars Modest Yahoo's the tell, much like Teddy KGB's, was the twisting of the Oreo.
Speaker 4: Modess Yahoo just starts beat boxing.
Speaker 1: Anytime he has a good hand, which is almost every's hand, he just starts letting the hell of a beatboxer that guy. Yeah, yeah, I don't think you got enough credit for his beat boxing. You know, Timberlake gets a lot for his Why doesn't Madus Yaho get a lot for his? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I didn't know you played cards with.
Speaker 1: Him, played cards with anybody? Yeah, played cards with you once and you beat me. I did straight up? Yeah, man, money, that was just for pride. We weren't even playing for money.
Speaker 4: I was playing in Abbot's office. Weren't playing for any Kate.
Speaker 1: And it's the hand I'll never forget because I flopped top set of kings and you flopped the flush draw and we got it all in and you rivered the flush.
Speaker 4: Yes, correct, that was exactly what happened. That's exactly what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that doesn't if that doesn't sum up my entire poker career, Just getting my money in with at the best possible hand and finding a way to lose. That pretty much sums it up.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think you got a problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Hey hogs, Yes, sir, did you you went and saw the new Mortal Kombat movie right that came out in May?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Was it good?
Speaker 2: It's fantastic. Okay, just wondering, why do you want me to give you a full reviewer?
Speaker 4: Well, no, I might go see it.
Speaker 2: It was great, Okay, you're gonna love it all right?
Speaker 4: Perfect?
Speaker 2: They're fighting each other? Yes, what and and some people are mortally wounded.
Speaker 4: Did you cry four times? Wow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you might go see Mortal Kombat by yourself.
Speaker 4: No, I might rent it tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Well, you really make weird plans.
Speaker 1: Well, if you hadn't given it such a going review, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: Well No, I just mean I normally don't on a Tuesday to side which movie I'm gonna rent on a Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Good point.
Speaker 2: It's not like you have to make an appointment. You can you know what, You can wait until tomorrow when you're actually sending in front of your television and decide.
Speaker 4: Then, good point. I'm not smart.
Speaker 2: No, it's not that I'm just saying. I mean, you know, maybe maybe maybe that kind of planning is what I'm lacking. Maybe I need to plan out my movie rentals better. Yeah, you never thought about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you know you get it. Nope, no offense. But why are your renting movies in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 2: I'm not what's wrong with renting movies?
Speaker 4: But I have a little patience.
Speaker 5: No, But like I rent movies like little People all the time, like on Comcast.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, don't you have every streaming service on the planet. Yeah, but like some of them, Like the Mario movie.
Speaker 5: When that came out, before it was available on any streaming service, you could rent it for like ten bucks.
Speaker 4: Mario Galaxy the first one, Okay, I haven't seen the new one yet.
Speaker 5: And yeah you rent it for like six bucks sometimes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I understand how renting works.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, why not just wait until it's available on one of your streaming services because I don't want to watch it now?
Speaker 2: Why do play poker when you just know you're gonna lose, just throw somebody money?
Speaker 4: Yeah, daddy, you enjoy it. I guess you like, I guess yeah, it'd be nice to me.
Speaker 1: It's like Angie and Balio sit down and be like, we're gonna watch a movie like awesome, and then I'll get an email notification that four ninety nine has been charged to my accond of Like, what's going on here? They have thousands of movies to pick from on every streaming service on the planet, but they picked a movie that is only available to rent.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, what is the goal here? What are we doing?
Speaker 1: What are we doing? And it's some straights to video movie. I'm like the hacket Light. You picked an f movie that costs five dollars movies?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, son, where'd they get you a lot of like this?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of those, like one of those like fire sticks that are loaded with every possible channel they can watch whatever they want.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I had firestick once. I'm I had to get shot for it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Did you know who you got it from?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't care.
Speaker 2: I know who I got it from or who I gave it to.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So again we didn't get a text from Johnny Bones and now he's not.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Man? Is it gone? I don't think so Philadelphia?
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 4: I never know what he's doing.
Speaker 1: You know what it is? What's raining?
Speaker 5: So I was gonna say, maybe he's on his motorcycle if he has a motorcycle anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nice guest starring in the soap opera for three episodes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe heavy birthday soap opera. I was gonna say, who did that?
Speaker 1: Then? Has a birthday mats? Yahoo didn't make a three episode.
Speaker 4: Right, did he?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Did you don't know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, John Oliver is on a soap opera.
Speaker 2: He's doing two different soap operas, General Hospital and Days of Our Lives, not as himself.
Speaker 4: He's acting acting. I bet he'll be sneaky good.
Speaker 1: I bet yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hm, I'm guest starring on that show with Brera and Guernsey.
Speaker 1: Enough said, yeah, yeah, I'm playing you, Corey.
Speaker 4: Oh that'd be interesting Corey characters this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this week, yep.
Speaker 4: I'm acting good, acting well, Sauce. Why didn't you do it? Your weekend's wide open?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got nothing to do because of your gutters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, gut her helmet at gutterhelmet mn dot com. Never clean your gutters again.
Speaker 1: All right, somebody send out a bad signal for John Bonus, just to.
Speaker 4: Make sure he's okay. I'm more of the power to Morning two after.
Speaker 1: This on the fan, Hey, Minneapolis text.
Speaker 6: I forgot to do the Monday text yesterday, so we're just glad to see you.
Speaker 4: That's yeah.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: We were worried that maybe you, uh, I don't know, got fired and.
Speaker 1: I was busy sweating.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, we're already hot.
Speaker 1: Sauce was concerned that somebody had to slit your throat and dismembered you and threw you in a trash compact there.
Speaker 2: Which I thought was oddly like this.
Speaker 4: It was very like you.
Speaker 2: Must have done that. Obviously, I've watched.
Speaker 4: A lot of true crime. That was what I said, you got to watch something else.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, you've been talking to Gleaming, because that would probably be about how it would work, And I was.
Speaker 2: You were stuck in a dryer, which tells you what I've been watching a lot.
Speaker 4: Of too much.
Speaker 1: Also, we've been talking to Gleaming.
Speaker 6: Brilliant, really interesting they But yesterday I thought it was kind of a cool thing you have. But yesterday, as we finished up our run and we were walking back past the dog park, there were a couple of dogs in the dog parks. So then whrose it was with us? We got to take ROAs to the dog parks. The dogs of the dog park walk with there.
Speaker 7: And as I.
Speaker 6: Watched the dog park gate, there's an Amazon guy delivering a box to the dog park.
Speaker 2: Guy must be huge and brilliant.
Speaker 6: I see him walking there and he's he puts down the box with four other boxes underneath the tree. I'm like, what's going odd? Why is this guy delivered to the dog work? So you already see what's going on. They're all gallons of water. They're like each each box is like a three three one gallon containers of water. And somebody in the neighborhood had just decided because the dog park has dog bowls and it has even in fact, like a like a one of those orange McDonald thermoses are right there, and somebody had just decided a heat wave comment. I'm going to deliver fifteen gallons of water to the dog park for the heat wave.
Speaker 2: That's very sweet, that's very nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dog show show big Dog, little dogs, Italian dogs, don't show.
Speaker 4: I know it doesn't fit. I just wanted to play the ball.
Speaker 1: It's perfect. I mean it said the word dog, it was the dogs, little dogs, Italian dogs. I don't know about it. Well, you should have gotten home a little bit there.
Speaker 2: Let's I think I might have walked down with some water. But but I.
Speaker 4: Will people do that.
Speaker 6: People also bring like they will bring like a thermos or the water container of water to the dog park to kind of donate and stuff. But this just kind of takes care of it. It's gonna be ninety some degrees and you're wearing the entire week. Man, it's very nice.
Speaker 1: Would you drive an Amazon van for fun, And I don't mean like for a job, like the actual vehicle, like they have a you know, a very specific looking band. Now sure, let's say it wasn't painted with Amazon colors. I was just like your vehicle, you know what I'm saying, Like, not even your wark vehicle.
Speaker 7: Bang bus kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Not well, what have you.
Speaker 6: Been watching for the guy behind you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're in the market for a new vehicle, does that shaped van kind of do it for you? Would you be like, yeah, drive around in that. I got no shame in that.
Speaker 6: I've got no shame in that. I'm a pretty utilitarian guy when it comes to vehicles. I buy a car and I run it into the ground. And then I buy another car and then I run it into the ground. I didn't buy a used car at that run unto the ground.
Speaker 2: Would not have been sure that you knew what bang bus was.
Speaker 4: I'm Youlan too much.
Speaker 6: I do hang out with you guys like you, and I need to stay up on top of popular culture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has been coming here for fifteen years. Yeah hogger than that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? How long?
Speaker 1: Twenty ten?
Speaker 2: It was?
Speaker 1: The first?
Speaker 6: Really was? Is the year that target fel no kidding. That was why you guys had me on listen. You had to dictate from above to talk about twins at all costs because the target field was opening, so you had to have more twins coverage.
Speaker 1: In two thousand and ten.
Speaker 4: Well those were the days again.
Speaker 1: Radio was different. Man.
Speaker 4: Remember we did twins on the twenties. We've done that multiple times.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The one I will never ever forget because it's why I'm bringing it up because it's one of the things that sticks to my mind was when Mike and Mike was going to have Joe Mauer on, and Abbott was like, we got a counter program. We we're gonna have to get in front of it and we're gonna have to talk twins. We're gonna I'm like, oh man, I'm like even at the time, I'm like, is this really what we're doing?
Speaker 4: Does that be more bonus?
Speaker 1: And then we and then we you know, looking back now, it's like, can you imagine worrying about what Mike and Mike in the Morning was gonna I thought the podcast destroy you guys.
Speaker 2: That's what we were told.
Speaker 1: We were once told that the end of the power to a Morning Show wouldn't be when Mike and Mike entered this market.
Speaker 6: Who told us that former employer he would be working place, said it.
Speaker 1: Was over Power Tree Morning Shows coming to an end. They're gonna were they already a former employer?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah about it?
Speaker 6: They said that that makes sense. You don't say that from within, you say that from with.
Speaker 1: That was that was That was a little uh, you know, burning the bridge at.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people do that?
Speaker 1: Was he right and showing it in some ways he was in some some ways that was the.
Speaker 2: Long road down the hill.
Speaker 1: In a lot of ways, that was the end of the sports heavy Power trop Morning Show. Yeah, that was about more like are we really.
Speaker 4: Doing three plus hours of sports every day? What are we doing?
Speaker 2: We were like, okay, so this show is on against us and talking nothing about sports and failing misery in.
Speaker 1: This market, and we're pretty bored after about an hour of sports. Are we really going to go the full three plus hours? Let's not do that anymore? And they said you can't do that. We go, well, we're gonna you gonna do that. We'd rather do poop jokes. We don't know all these sports things.
Speaker 2: Can't write anything but poop and penis.
Speaker 1: Right, how about let's just talk about sports when we bet on it, and then any other sports that seems to matter to the listeners. We'll does have experts come in and they can talk about it, so then we don't have to watch it. Yeah, so John, you see that Twins game last night? Hey Martie, do you watch that Wolves game? Parish all the wild doing liber What do you think about JJ McCarthy and scene?
Speaker 4: Yes, right in the show's over, back to poop talk.
Speaker 2: Well, you know there's only some especially this time of year.
Speaker 1: Man, like oh man, yesterday it was like there was nothing going on in sports, NBA Summer League.
Speaker 8: Right, Oh that's soon, yeah, Rock, Peter Lambert, pizzauce not a great performance at a pizza.
Speaker 6: No, pizzauce was a very good last night they went long balling it's us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hang out a second here, Oh no, oh no? What Apparently two Joe's sir, what is it called? Two pros and a cup of Joel? Two pros and a cup of Joe. Apparently they're currently talking about some national sports topics. So Abbott wants us to take a break and come back and do Front Page Sports Okay, well I go, we can counter program. That's counterprogram. I could talk about my dug some more.
Speaker 7: Did you want me to do that?
Speaker 4: No, but it was.
Speaker 1: We'll talk, talk, talk, We'll come back and we'll vote. Do we talk about Amazon delivering gallons of water to a dog park?
Speaker 5: Or sports stories or bonuses? Vast knowledge of bang bus?
Speaker 1: A vast deference of bang bus from Page Sports, and a second parte show fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center with.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, I had to finished the sentence.
Speaker 1: You leave it, you know what I mean, like you're welcome.
Speaker 2: I never got the rainstorm I was looking for expected.
Speaker 1: I think you're getting it now.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he's mem sizem side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pouring, hugs, Dady? Is it?
Speaker 4: It looks like it on the rain your window.
Speaker 1: To the left window, you're almost as close to the windows are your phone.
Speaker 4: Oh looks like it's not raining at all. Not here.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love rain. I think I might just follow the rain once I Heeart gets to us.
Speaker 1: I mean, winter is coming.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I know, you know. Yeah, who's gonna you know, who's gonna survive? That's the question. It does feel like I'm on an episode of Survivor right now.
Speaker 1: Survivor are iHeart? Who's gonna make it? I'm willing to eat a big bag of thirds?
Speaker 4: I mean, God, your dad's so proud. Well, I'm not mind.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Wait a minute. Wore I eat a big bag of turns?
Speaker 1: And I still got fired?
Speaker 2: You sure did, sir, Ah, you got laid off.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's the same thing.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I don't like the new boss doesn't like me?
Speaker 1: Ah? Did you hear that? Chris ate the turns before he got fired him to That's the first one to ever fall for that, and he fell for it, all of it.
Speaker 2: I thought there was an iHeart turn Festival.
Speaker 4: Oh no, never mind.
Speaker 2: Hey, can I ask answer real question that might get me fired?
Speaker 1: Sure? It's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Is there ever a moment when we are not talking about the next iHeartRadio Music Festival?
Speaker 1: When does it happen? Does it ever happen?
Speaker 2: And when it happens, does the next day begin the new one? Because we never star up running those promos. Literally, it sounds like I think the opening band for the iHeart Radio Music Festival is a promo for the next iHeart Radio Music Fest.
Speaker 1: That's just how big of a deal it is, Chris? Is that big of a deal for Little b Yeah?
Speaker 2: Have you ever known a person who went besides Little Bee?
Speaker 1: And I think she might be making it up. There must be the same demo that watched Everybody Loves Raimon, because I've never met anyone who.
Speaker 5: Saw that show. Correct, it's the same people well playing When is the next one?
Speaker 4: Somebody? The opposite people just soon this September? I think.
Speaker 2: It's Is it September?
Speaker 4: I think so? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Who's playing that one?
Speaker 4: Sauce top of your head? Who's playing that one?
Speaker 1: Who's playing that one? Uh?
Speaker 4: Billy Idol, Billy Mark Kohane.
Speaker 2: Diverse. How'd we get these guys?
Speaker 5: More Beatles, deep Blue, something great, Hoody but not the blow thing?
Speaker 4: No, just hooty?
Speaker 2: Oh what happened? Their lips are tired?
Speaker 4: Candlebox?
Speaker 1: This sounds terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like candlebox.
Speaker 4: You know who loves candlebox? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 4: I bet?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 2: I bet I know, Let me guess, I bet I know. I bet scene Bear does?
Speaker 4: It's Smitty.
Speaker 1: It's well known Garlar and the guitar Lars loves candlebox.
Speaker 4: How do you know that he tells me all the time he sends you texting me.
Speaker 1: Everyone's gonna convinced you know more about your friend's musical taste, and you have a knowledge of your own musical taste.
Speaker 4: You're probably correct.
Speaker 5: How do you feel about Candlebox? I think Candlebox is fine. I like two songs. The rest of it is horrible.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm gonna have to I'm gonna have to stick my thing on your face because that's not nice of you to say that's a great band.
Speaker 1: What a weird punishment for life in a candle? Why are you gonna do that because I like it. Let's do Front Page Sports because some other stations talking about sports and we're gonna lose in the radios.
Speaker 4: Oh no, yes, the end of the power? What is habit?
Speaker 1: Want? Did you fall?
Speaker 2: You want sports?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: Time now for Front Page Sports, presented by Holiday Station Storesday Station Stores.
Speaker 1: Buy two Monsters, get one free, Mitch and Mactony flavors, a monster you want go wake up in the morning with Monster Energy act Holiday Plus. They got everything else, man right. They got breakfast sandwiches, they got helkies, they got all of it. Big preps often pretzels. Later in the day they got it all go see it gasoline. They have that diesel that's outside, not inside, No, that's outside.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 1: That the best everything.
Speaker 2: Ah, I'm wearing my STP shirt today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're great. Best STP song Go Wicked Garden is a plus. Plush is a good one. So basically anything off of Core. Yeah, because my favorite sex type thing. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: I am I am as say not for sale, not dead that.
Speaker 4: I love that song. Yeah, what's what's that song called?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, yeah, that's a great song.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Grizzlies traded John Morant to Portland for Jeremy Grant and Chris Murray. John Morant is twenty six and he likes guns.
Speaker 2: Sometimes. I think you guys are doing to me what you do. You're making up names of kids you went to high school with, because those can't really be basketball players.
Speaker 4: John one or jaw I believe you can pronounce it either way.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you hear that they traded Scott Pelley for me and Ballach.
Speaker 5: Heavy Birthday, Heavy birthdayssome happy Birthday sixty minutes guy. Remember Ryan b Aleck briefly hosted Jeopardy and then they realized Ken Jennings was better.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was, uh not. Long ago, the Memphis Grizzlies looked like they were going to be a force for a long time. They had John Morant, Desmond Baine go Ahead, Chris As the kid from Overboard, and Jaron Jackson Jr. Now all three of them are off the team.
Speaker 2: Hard to say.
Speaker 1: Sharon Jackson, Darren.
Speaker 5: Jackson a lot of play basketball. I got cut, Yeah, I got traded.
Speaker 1: So it looks like they're going to build around number three pick Cameron Boozer and company. But man, the core that looked like they were going to be literally a handful for a long time. That team was going to be there were a handful. Yeah, they weren't stuff. Yeah they're all They're like handled like the Muppets and Muppets take Manhattan. They spread out throughout the country. Desmond Bains doing a water skiing show with Chickens.
Speaker 7: I like, little Doo.
Speaker 1: Jesus, maybe we are going to lose to anymore. Maybe we are and Mic it's just two guys at the speedway down. I like to cockle doodle do chickens on the Chicken Show.
Speaker 4: It was water skiing.
Speaker 1: Have you not seen Muppets take Manhattan.
Speaker 4: I mean it's been years.
Speaker 1: We'll fix that instead of renting Immortal Combat. Uppets take Manhattan.
Speaker 2: Yeah all right, yeah, piss a long stream of exit.
Speaker 1: What's TV? Yeah? But where do you get muppets?
Speaker 4: Is that Disney?
Speaker 1: Who knows?
Speaker 4: You don't have ask Jeeves?
Speaker 2: You don't have Disney, and you have a child.
Speaker 4: I don't have I don't have Disney though.
Speaker 1: Louis is being raised by murder documentaries on Netflix. He has no idea who Big Bird is. You knows who Bundy is? Yeah he does.
Speaker 4: He sure knows who ed Geen is? No, he one buddy. He watches uh, three Bodies? What's that show? What's the show where the dogs are Diaries? No, that's what Hawk watches.
Speaker 1: What's the show where the dogs are?
Speaker 4: Yeah? He watches Paw Patrol?
Speaker 2: Yeah that's cute.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And he loves Mario man, he just loves it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And Luigi.
Speaker 6: He likes weed Luigi, which could be a euphemism for weed. Yeah, I'm surprised it isn't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well played, Yeah, me.
Speaker 2: Too, man, I think it should be.
Speaker 4: Should we just smoke at Luigi?
Speaker 1: Yeah? The Minnesota Twins won five to four over the Houston Astros home runs by Belle Lewis and Carottini, all off of Pete Sauce. Peter Lambert Houston also hit three home runs, two of them in the ninth. John Bonus to make it close, but the Twins hold on and win. So if and you can't do this, but if you were to eliminate the sweep against the defending champions, the Los Angeles Dodgers, Yeah, the Twins have won nine of eleven, not counting those three, so they're beating everybody else. They just can't beat the best of the best. So they have won what I think it's three out of four though if you don't count the no, that is, if you do count even the Dodgers, they've won three out of four. Yeah, that's correct tonight at Houston seven to ten. I think Joe Ryan right, Yes, thanks Joe Ryan, Yes, yes it is. And Papa he's going he's pitching again. Yeah, he was so much fun the first time.
Speaker 4: So, Johnny Bones, what do you think here?
Speaker 1: We're forty one and five, but eleven or so games to go before the All Star Break?
Speaker 4: What are we doing here? What are we doing?
Speaker 6: I I would be shocked if they don't don't sell at the trade deadline, or if what they I think what they will probably try one I'm sorry, miss I think I won't be surprised if they don't sell, Like if they and I will, I think I think they will. I think they will either be buyers or I think they will be either light buyers, or they will try to do a sort of a two step where they trade away some players but also bring some players in, trying to do a little bit of both. For instance, like Trevor Larnak, who is having a good year at starting in left field every game. He also probably won't be on the team next year, and so I can see them try to trade him away, bring Walker Jenkins up from the miners, and try to acquire a relief pitcher for him, something like that, you know, where you're both helping your team but also kind of looking a little bit to the future. They'll shed money, but I mean they are truly right now where the team was last year at about the same time, which is they're right on the edge. A three game winning streak and a three game losing streak could be the difference or a three game losing streak could be the difference between what they do. Yeah, and so they've got two more weeks until the All Star break, and then after the All Star Break, they've got almost three weeks until the trade deadline.
Speaker 1: So the answer is stay tuned.
Speaker 6: Really, the answer is stay tuned for the next three to four weeks and see where they are, probably August or July twenty fifth, and that's when they'll probably start to make some real decisions one way or the other.
Speaker 4: Did you ever see the movie Stay Tuned with John Ritter?
Speaker 7: What it might have?
Speaker 4: It was basically about an.
Speaker 1: Evil, like a devil that had control of the team, and the guy who played it was jeff The devil was Jeffrey Jones, who you know ended up being like a real life edophile. He's a terrible person.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he was the principal and Ferris Bueller.
Speaker 1: Exactly, and he was one of the deats is in Beetle.
Speaker 2: Juice, which they did a great job in that new Beetle Juice of creatively killing Yeah.
Speaker 6: Again, was the principal of Fairs Bueller really a pedophile, terrible person really, Yeah, he went to prison. Yeah, Jeffrey Jones, Yeah, something about j J.
Speaker 2: Joneses. You know what I mean, Jim Jones, Jeffrey Jones.
Speaker 1: Jones Jones.
Speaker 7: That's why we went with the bee.
Speaker 2: B Oh, yeah, that's better.
Speaker 1: In two thousand and three he pleaded no contest and then he was sentenced to five years of probation, registered as a you know, want for life.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know, I mean he was truly he was a little creepy and Ferris Bueler and doesn't checked out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh man. He used to used to act at the Guthrie.
Speaker 7: Well sure, oh man.
Speaker 4: That bothers me.
Speaker 2: I'm acting at the Channas tonight.
Speaker 4: What time will that be?
Speaker 2: I think it starts at seven thirty seven The Guys and Dolls My second appearance tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm bummed I can't make it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you though for considering Sustin considering Corey and Corey my cargage is off the fire.
Speaker 1: Wow, he doesn't hope that. I just again, I'm an amateur pirate.
Speaker 2: And he put a bet on it it might happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah against who needs the cash.
Speaker 2: He used Calci and put a future's bet on my Yeah.
Speaker 4: Good for him. Thank you for racing. I learned from Beavis.
Speaker 2: Just can't believe that was on there.
Speaker 4: Oh you can bet on any bet on anything, you could trade on anything.
Speaker 1: Our parents were nervous that Beavis was going to turn us all into pyros. And then now thirty years later, I like to watch the world burns.
Speaker 4: You just one kid, one kid d on like a trailer house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got you.
Speaker 2: You were one kid who ruined something for everybody, like work at a dairy queen ruined it.
Speaker 5: For well yeah right, I've told that story that whenever they would ask me to do something in the back, I would grab a chair and sit down and do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they did not like that. Yeah. I got fired from there.
Speaker 1: And the lady there also was probably a sign over the top of most dairy queens. After you worked, they're like, no, just doing keg stands at the Blizzard machine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no offense.
Speaker 1: But whoever hired you should have been a.
Speaker 5: Lady who fired me was the dairy queen said I'll never find another job.
Speaker 1: She was so close. Yeah that sucks to be so right but yet still be so wrong.
Speaker 4: Like she was very close. She's like, you're real lazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're unemployable.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, little did she know you were going to fail your way to the top.
Speaker 2: She didn't know about radioh What really matters?
Speaker 1: After this squirs and stats around the world of sports.
Speaker 4: This is the power of your.
Speaker 1: Morning show on the Fan. You are Chez Yeah. For more information about contests on the station, go to KFA.
Speaker 4: Dot com slash rules.
Speaker 1: The global stage is lit the twenty.
Speaker 2: All right, here we are ladies and gentlemen. It is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Fan. It is six twenty nine Local time Central on a beautiful Tuesday morning. Johnny Bones is here. Marnie Gunder's on her way in. Brought to you by Surfside. John is brought to you by the Twins.
Speaker 1: Stuff Twins Daily. Thank you, Sure Zone coverage his own.
Speaker 4: That's a website for Chris.
Speaker 2: Yep, No, it's my undercarriage. It's called the Hockey Wilderness.
Speaker 1: Yuck. It is yucky Smiss. Segment is brought to you by Ovo, Lasik and Lens because it's called what really Matters? We do score some stats around the world of sports. Then Chris will change your life with something else but Ovo Lassig and Lens, doctor Mark leban Up and doctor David Whiting.
Speaker 4: Hey, Lasik, Ovo, Yeah, let's see here.
Speaker 2: My glasses steamed up yesterday just going outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so hot. I don't get I would like to, I can't.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 1: Detroit Lyons released Terry and Arnold after his bond was set at one million dollars for the felony armed robbery slash kidnapping charges. If he's facing he's twenty three years old, potentially facing a life sentence, will say you were sorry. I don't believe that he did so. Uh, that admits guilt, no contact with these six co defendants. He's got to surrender his passport.
Speaker 2: You know what he said yesterday? No, that he had the biggest regret he had was that he was going to miss the iHeartRadio Music Festival.
Speaker 1: Did he really.
Speaker 4: Cross? You could argue in a way that is prison then he farted. Especially if Candlebox shows up. Oh god, Candlebox kind of whales. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: You must have talked to Criss during the breakft candle.
Speaker 2: And they're good dudes.
Speaker 4: You bet him.
Speaker 2: No, But I have friends who have Scene Bear and Little Johnny the beats are Johnny's what I call him. He's got abola. What so?
Speaker 1: Terry Arnold is twenty three years old. Again, he was the first rounder of the lines just a couple of years ago. And you know, obviously I would say his career is over ninety nine point nine percent, right, because it looks like his life essentially might be over. He might be going to jail for years and years and years and years and years. Yeah, twenty three years old. You throw your entire life away because somebody steals some stuff out of your airbnb yep, like you're a football player.
Speaker 4: You're going to get it back. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And if you don't buy it, find a different job, go work at Harry Queen. Call the authorities or call the authorities. Yeah, yeah, don't take the matter into your own.
Speaker 2: Call the authorities, and then call the insurance company and say, hey, yes, hi, somebody stole some stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, somebody stole some stuff.
Speaker 2: Man, No, why are you repeating an insurance person, I'm.
Speaker 4: Just jotting it down.
Speaker 1: What you want?
Speaker 7: That's what you want the insurance person to do is just repeat, which is yeah, that means, what.
Speaker 2: Do you mean my rate's going to go up because somebody stole from me. That doesn't make any sense, sir.
Speaker 5: What do you mean my car got stolen? I have to pay to get out of the impound lot. It makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Oh, shut up, insurance is rude. Oh yeah, he's actually very nice. You send me a nice email.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of what any picks?
Speaker 2: I'm not going to say what they were, but I'm just gonna say he's attractive.
Speaker 3: But what is this?
Speaker 2: You got that, right, Corey? You got that?
Speaker 4: Sorry? Corey?
Speaker 1: What not at all?
Speaker 2: You're mad?
Speaker 4: Not at all?
Speaker 1: Life's good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a Vegas man. What you got to be mad about? Yeah, Amen's sister, you and uh you and Zach are finally getting away.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, hey, you know what, try this today, Corey. Vultures urinate on their legs to cool themselves off, and what ick it'd be cool?
Speaker 4: Is that why they call your dad the vulture?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: So, I was with one of my buddies and one of my female friends at a beach like a long time ago, this is like in the nineties, and she got, well, she stepped on a jellyfish, John Bonas, do you know that, like one of the ways to take the sting out of a jellyfish is to pee on the jellyfish sting. So basically, my buddy and I had to argue, like which one of us is going to pee on this scal's leg and oh, Paul, your hands up. He won't be here for a couple Oh, never mind, it's just from friends. I don't know what's no, it's friends. Monica step in a jellyfish?
Speaker 7: And was it Chandler or Joey or was Rod?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: That's disgusting their brother and sister.
Speaker 4: Okay, what do you know?
Speaker 2: Friends?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What are you?
Speaker 4: Tommy Olsen?
Speaker 2: Sit again?
Speaker 4: What do you Tommy Olsen? Sit again? You need to relia.
Speaker 1: The Links are off until Friday, when they are at New York. The Links have a fifteen and four record that is the best in the w n b A. They are nine and one on the road. And again, if they went on Friday, ryl Reeve has the most wins in regular season w n b A history.
Speaker 4: Sweeze currently tied for the record.
Speaker 1: Friday would be the records the record I hate.
Speaker 7: There's a chance if he said Colliers back on Friday as well? Is that right?
Speaker 1: Is that right? Is that what you're reporting?
Speaker 4: Because I haven't heard that, but again I'm not on top of it.
Speaker 1: Heard that it's close.
Speaker 4: Nobody in this town reports though I've heard that before.
Speaker 1: But what really matters is this zones.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, did you know the bear cats smell like buttered popcorn because of a compound in their urine?
Speaker 7: I did not bear cats?
Speaker 2: Man, they smell like popcorn, buttered popcorn. Not just popcorn, buttered popcorn.
Speaker 7: It's delicious.
Speaker 1: It does?
Speaker 2: They smell delicious till they're eating you.
Speaker 4: I'd like to I would like to admit something. Go ahead, sauce. You know what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 7: I do you will put butter on your popcorn?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, he hates the buttered popcorn jelly, that for sure.
Speaker 2: No bear cats were real.
Speaker 4: Nailed it?
Speaker 1: Oh, yep, nailed it.
Speaker 4: Cincinnati bearcats. Sure.
Speaker 6: But I'm like, I thought that was a myth, myth logical creature like half bear half cats.
Speaker 1: I don't know what a bear cat is. I mean, I could start putting it together in guess, but is that.
Speaker 7: A is a regional thing like lion?
Speaker 2: It is a it is a bear cat is an amazingly accurate representation of what they look like across.
Speaker 1: It looks like a cat had sex with a bear. Okay, but is it is it?
Speaker 4: Is it in the cat family or is it in the bear family.
Speaker 2: I guess bear family.
Speaker 1: Let's look the son of a bitch, it's in the cat family.
Speaker 2: No, I bet it's in the bear family, all right.
Speaker 1: A bear cat also known as a bin to wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't look good on a helmet.
Speaker 4: Wait a minute, hang out a second here, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa?
Speaker 1: What I mean? A bear cat his native to south in Southeast Asia? Hobby, Why in the sweet hell is it the Cincinnati bear cats?
Speaker 4: It sounds nice.
Speaker 7: Somebody brought some both damn the wilder.
Speaker 2: Yeah it could be, yeah, or maybe let me.
Speaker 1: Why then if you look at if you look up on Wikipedia Cincinnati bearcatsh the the first photo from like a nineteen twenty two illustration, that's just a bear. Well, they didn't have the Internet, so yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't have Google image.
Speaker 2: Whoa, it's a synonym for giant panda.
Speaker 4: There's a picture.
Speaker 1: Oh well, even so, even the picture of the nineteen twenty two Cincinnati bearcat, it looks nothing like a pana.
Speaker 2: That's just a giant bones, sweet bones, a bear sweet joinny bones. Yes, look over here and tell me anyth cutesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, a bear cat an actual bear cat the one that is in Asian that looks like a ferret, looks like a no, no, no, no, no, it's an animal.
Speaker 5: There's a picture on Google image of a bear cat mascot standing next to a guy who has a bear cat on his shoulders.
Speaker 4: A real bear cat.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is insane that there's a picture of a dude standing beside a dude.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, why is that insane?
Speaker 4: Well, they have one on a leash.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's the bear cat. Well, you can't let it run wild.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 5: They don't have a gopher that they walk around. They say they should.
Speaker 1: He look like they're neither bears nor cats look like I think it looks.
Speaker 2: Like a cross between a bear cat.
Speaker 4: I think it's perfectly correct. The first logo is just a bear.
Speaker 1: It's a bear.
Speaker 4: It's a bear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know the actual the an actual bear cat looks. I think Wolverine's not a bad not a bad guest there, Johnny Bones, because it definitely doesn't.
Speaker 4: Look it's like a it's like a raccoon bear.
Speaker 1: The bear cats this thing which doesn't flow off the tongue. No, the Cincinnati raccoon bears.
Speaker 2: The bear cat's name was born on October thirty first of nineteen fourteen. The occasion was a football game with the University of Kentucky Wildcats. A star UC player named Bear be a e h R, a creative cheerleader and a talented cartoonist. During the second half of the hard fought football game, you see cheerleader Norman pat Lyon, building on the efforts of fullback Leonard k Teddy Bear, created the tant they may be Wildcats, but we have a bear Cat on our side. The crowd took up the cry, come on, bear Cat and Cincinnati one and the names.
Speaker 1: One of the guy's names was Lion. Just call him the Cincinnati Lion.
Speaker 2: Lion played for the other team. No, Lion was a cheerleader.
Speaker 1: Of course. Here's the thing.
Speaker 6: In those days, kids were like they are now, They just like making crap up funny. I'm pretty sure what they meant was like, they have a guy who drinks too much who they used to call bear Cat right right.
Speaker 7: And they he was everybody knew, Oh, okay, we got bear the bear cat.
Speaker 1: Boh. Maybe that's why that's why they started up that.
Speaker 6: I'd be willing to speculate that is exactly why they came up. Why every thought that was such a funny cheer, and that's why they started calling.
Speaker 1: The nineteen twenty three their first game was against the Wisconsin Snake Dogs.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable.
Speaker 6: I mean a lot of old old professional team's names, especially baseball teams, they were kind of jokes.
Speaker 4: Yeah they were.
Speaker 6: They were just they were nicknames that the fans called the team as sort of a joke. Like the the Pittsburgh Pirates were called the Pirates because one year they stole a bunch of.
Speaker 7: Players from another team.
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And the Cubs are named the Cubs because they were previously called the Bears and then they got rid of all their players and started playing a bunch of rookies, so they started calling him the Cubs.
Speaker 1: Why are the Twins called the Twins sixties?
Speaker 5: That's because there was a group of very attractive ladies that were twin sisters.
Speaker 4: That's the owner was into.
Speaker 5: A group of ladies were twins. Yeah, it was a twins, so yeah, more than two.
Speaker 2: I would check that for accuracy.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 5: On Cincinnati dot com, the university website, Today's bearcat mascot and Lucy, the actual animal from the Cincinnati Zoo did some Bondi during their hundredth birthday party of the Name of the Bearcats in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 4: Lucy's trainer is Eddie Ainel. That's his name. How do you spell it? A N n al? That's his name. That's a terrible name.
Speaker 1: It's not great. It's also on Tommy's bucket list.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 1: There iss to Santa every year.
Speaker 2: Wants to see.
Speaker 1: And Sannah's like, this kid can't spell.
Speaker 4: I know what he wants.
Speaker 1: Santa looks at him and just gives him the not have You've been a bad boy, Tommy, You've been a very bad boy here on the naughty list. Quit stealing hotel food in the hallway more. What really matters? After this, I'm the power trip wanting showing a pan fine, what did he mean?
Speaker 2: Mella wanted.
Speaker 1: From the one eight hundred ask you welcome back to our little show.
Speaker 2: Snow Town Bar Cortre Morning shows what it is and Marnie Glarner is on her way in. We'll we're talking to Johnny Bones. Momentarily he went out to pay for the hooker.
Speaker 1: They gave him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she gave him a ride here.
Speaker 4: What you heard him? He got a ride here from a hooker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 2: He supports the local economy.
Speaker 4: So what thanks, bony kids.
Speaker 1: Let's do more of what really matters, more scores, more sports stories than crystal change your life with something else that so far we'll have to do with urination, a lot of urine. You talked about two urine stories so far.
Speaker 2: I like the flag of that place, the what the urination flag? It's yellow?
Speaker 1: The World Cup reminds me how uh truly, how few flags that I'm familiar with? You know what I'm saying. I mean, there's almost what is there, like two hundred countries? I bet I could name ooh man, forty flags? Maybe right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe? Yeah?
Speaker 4: A lot of times. I doubt you can name forty you don't think so?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Wait, man, I bet you couldn't. That's a lot, dude, Oh man, that's a lot. I don't I know that after it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Usa? That's one, Canada two, three South America.
Speaker 2: Dear god, No, you can't just say the country because we don't know. Sure you can identify the flag.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but like all right, those three I know for sure, Japan, England and Fish China, Great Britain Australia, Yeah, most of Europe, some of South America. I would struggle with Africa for sure, obviously like Australia, I know.
Speaker 4: Asia.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's closer to thirty something like that, though it's in that thirty to forty range. But that's still pretty embarrassing when there's two hundred countries and I think I can name thirty or forty, right, not super familiar with you.
Speaker 5: Can you name what's what's a what's a larger number? The number you can name or the number Max has been to just countries in general?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you mean more countries than the Max has been to go to the flags.
Speaker 6: Oh, I don't know how many countries has he been to. It's more than twenty, yeah, it might be more than thirty. I'm not sure if it's forty, although maybe you never know.
Speaker 1: We could have to ask him.
Speaker 4: You just have to ask him.
Speaker 2: He's not here.
Speaker 4: He won, he's not here.
Speaker 1: Worse, h who knows you might have I haven't seen him. The Golden State Warriors, according to sources, are trying to find a way to get Lebron James and Anthony Davis on the Golden State Warriors. They did resign. Christoph's porzingis to a two year, forty million dollars deal, or it's not that por it's on average other of those two years twenty million a year.
Speaker 4: He's thirty years old. But do I feel like he's older than that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I thought he'd be older than that. So was he?
Speaker 1: So did they get the trade deadline? Yes?
Speaker 4: They must have?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Was it the Hawks?
Speaker 4: I forget who they got him from. I think it was the Hawks. Yeah, it sounds right. If it's wrong, who knows?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: What really matters is this, guys?
Speaker 2: It was under state in what year? Do you believe that? When Albert Einstein published his groundbreaking theory of relativity.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 4: Shoot nineteen.
Speaker 1: Nineteen twenty, nineteen nineteen, should I had you go first?
Speaker 4: Great rip beer?
Speaker 1: Why did man?
Speaker 5: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: I was waiting for you to say golf?
Speaker 1: I'm going say seventeen twenty.
Speaker 2: Eight, derry beans, Bones are very good? Nineteen oh five. Yeah. Albert Einstein published it in nineteen oh five, groundbreaking work that chattered the foundations of physics. After attending the Federal Polytechnic School in Zurich, Einstein worked at the Swiss Patent office and burned. From two to nine he was employed as a third class technical expert, examining inventions for their patent ability, most likely among them a gravel sorting machine and a weather indicator. And a letter to his friend Michelle Basel, Einstein regarded the patent office as that secular cloister where I hatched my most beautiful ideas.
Speaker 4: And he was young.
Speaker 6: He was very good, because I mean he was maybe maybe twenties, maybe the early thirties, and thirty five years forty years ago. Forty years after that is when he was making the atomic bomb.
Speaker 1: Man Hew, you got bored. I started with black holes, went to atomic bombs, big man.
Speaker 2: The most profound ideas emerged in a five, a series of five theoretical papers written in succession nineteen oh five that would revolutionize twentieth century scientific thought. Historians would later refer to this period as Einstein, Anus, mirror Blass, or a miracle year. I'm sure it's pronounced Annis. His first paper described the particle theory of light, which would later earn him the nineteen twenty one Nobel Peace Prize in physics. His second created a new method for determining molecular sizes, and his third examined, Brownie in Motion, was a study on mirale acts brilliant, offering a mathematical explanation for the movement of particles suspended in a fluid. Yeah, man, he figured things out that I can't even understand the definition, you know what.
Speaker 1: And that's the depressing part. Is like when you're like, man, some caveman figured out the wheel. Yeah, and you're like, yeah, I get it. I understand how wheels work. I get it. It's like, you know, this is one hundred and twenty years ago, and I couldn't explain more than what you just said.
Speaker 4: And I can't even explain what you just said.
Speaker 1: It's like it's so over all of our heads unless you're in the top point one percent of smart people. Otherwise it's like, how do you even wrap your head around what he's saying?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, I really I must admit, and I don't mind looking stupid. I do it three and a half hours a day. I really don't understand E equals mc squared. I really don't. Well, are the only one willing to admit that?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't. Well, no, I don't either.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's let me think it's obviously that's the special theory of No, I'm sorry, the theory of relativity. That's the yeah, the special whatever. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That's I can't even say what it is. Relativity, time is relative. But I don't understand what the actual equation means.
Speaker 4: Either.
Speaker 2: Equals mc squared with energy, which.
Speaker 1: Is the e equal to mass times and square of.
Speaker 7: What's the c speed of light?
Speaker 1: That's right, insn of a bitch, Yeah, that's smart.
Speaker 2: So equals mc square is energy equal to mass times the speed of light.
Speaker 1: Squared speed of lights? What like one hundred and eighty seven thousand miles per.
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 1: I think that's right, it's something like that.
Speaker 2: It would become the first, the most famous equation in the world pointed that mass and energy are interchangeable and are different ways of measuring the same thing. I don't know what just happened.
Speaker 4: I don't either.
Speaker 1: Then you short circuit and you just you just figure let the smart people in AI that way.
Speaker 2: Isn't that incredible? Because I am a human.
Speaker 1: Too, I can ask you a question, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Though, Like like why am I five six when somebody's six seven? And why can't I understand the sentence I just read. I'm capable of reading it. Why can't I understand it? Son of a bitch?
Speaker 1: The drugs man.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you a question, anybody. Okay, did he like stumble upon this or was this just.
Speaker 5: Like please explain, no, but like, well, obviously it's math related.
Speaker 6: So he did enough like yeah, it was actually kind of more math and more kind of Okay, I'm gonna be speaking way out of my league here, all right, So I'll just take that for a one and fourth. Uh, these were thought experiments, right there's these were hid kind of it. I mean, to some it was logic. He's like, you know, we know this, we know this, we know this, therefore it leads to this. It wasn't you know. It wasn't like he was in a lab coming up with new data. Yeah, you know, it was more we you know it A lot a lot of it. For instance, a lot of the stuff with the speed of light, the particle nature of light, et cetera. Was you know, sort of like, Okay, imagine you are traveling at the speed of light, and therefore you're seeing you're seeing this, and therefore, since you're seeing this, you have to understand this.
Speaker 7: It's that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: It was a It was him following.
Speaker 6: The various physics things that they knew, putting them together, finding the conflicts, the paradoxes that were resulting resulting from it, and coming up with a alternate set of theories.
Speaker 1: You didn't answer the question did he stumble upon this or mostly just deep sort of thought. I mean, these papers were thought.
Speaker 4: It wasn't. I don't think it was.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think there was math involved in that, in those calculations on it, but it wasn't. It wasn't like, oh, in this lab, I'd discovered such and such, So.
Speaker 4: It wasn't just like what am I having for lunch?
Speaker 2: This is rather famous audio. I'm sure you guys have heard it, but in case you haven't, this is Einstein stumbling upon the theory of relatives.
Speaker 4: He got it.
Speaker 1: A black hole. Time would slow down. I get it now. Well, I mean, it's a lot like how Doc Brown invented the flux capacity. Hit his head on the toilet, You hit your entire body on your front porch man, what did you come up with?
Speaker 2: You know, I just realized, which I thought might be depressing for a moment. But now that I look at it, it kind of takes the pressure off.
Speaker 1: Sure, I am, I am, I am. You're not going to get it, but check this out. Yeah yeah, that's kind of my point. Check this out.
Speaker 2: I'm not super smart, right, like like Einstein and those folks like like even like doctor love people that are smart. You know, I'm not super smart. And I'm not big and strong like like football players are big strong people. If if we were an ant colony, I'd just be one of the dudes doing this the regular work. I'm just a worker, aunt, man, they damn thing special about me. They kind of just takes the pressure off a little bit. I got a real responsibility.
Speaker 1: But you know what they can't do what just come up with random names.
Speaker 2: That's because they're busy doing real stuff.
Speaker 1: They don't got time for that. I love the people, the people that have beyond photographic memories, right, Remember you've ever seen those stories of the people that essentially are cursed that just they can recall every second of a basically every day of their lives. But it feels like that's a curse. Right to have access to tap into that part of your brain where you can recall everything. It sounds like, man, that's got to be a superpower. That would be amazing for this and for that. It's like, well, it might be a curse. And to your point, Chris, if you are capable of thinking like Einstein thinks, imagine watching the Royal rumble.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, How do you just go for a walk without just turning that off?
Speaker 1: I don't think you're capable of turning that off. I don't think your brain lets you turn it off. And you're trying to figure out do we have this right?
Speaker 4: Do we have that right? You're trying to stumble upon more equations.
Speaker 1: It's almost just stumble right right into a massive, massive Nobel Prize winning.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Correct, intelligence is a is a responsible ability, right, Like you have to take care. You've been given this ability to think crap through, so you got to do it. But me, I don't have to.
Speaker 1: Yes, my uncle, my uncle once told me that that with great power comes great responsibility. He died like right after he told me that, all your hands up.
Speaker 4: He's not here for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: That's a spider man. I also wonder we all know.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of people in the audience probably have been in a job where they're just like, I just don't have enough to do in the show. But the last thing I'm going to do is tell my employer that I don't have enough to do in this job. Right, I'm just gonna put in my time and take care of thanks.
Speaker 4: He's re enacting the gal from Dairy clar and so.
Speaker 6: You find something to do to pass the time. Is that what being a patent clerk wast Einstein like he just was so bored at work. He was like they just said he was a patent clerk or something. Oh sorry, I don't know what a patent clerk does. I don't know if they didn't keep him busy enough, maybe there just weren't enough patents being reviewed, or maybe he was just like, I'm supposed to only review I'm supposed to review ten patents a day, But I can do that in two hours. I've got six hours to kill. The last thing I'm gonna do is tell anybody that I can do this. And he just had time on his hands, as like happened. If I'm traveling at the speed of light, right.
Speaker 2: That could be or it could be also like you surround yourself with songwriters. You tend to write songs, right, you know, yeah that might be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotta spend last time with Sauce. Yes, what I'm saying, why, hey, brother, what I'm not going anywhere? You know.
Speaker 2: I every time I see somebody raise their hand, I think they have a question for me, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like it's like I can't.
Speaker 2: I'd spend way too much time around him. As soon as I see somebody raise their hand, I go, yeah, I would, And they don't know who I am.
Speaker 1: You know, I figure how often somebody will tweet at us or email us exactly what you just said. Like, I know, I listened to The Power Troupe too much. When I see some unattractive gall on TV and the first thing I say out loud is wood Hawk. And nobody in the room listens to The Power Trip. And I realized I just said that to nobody. Yet you listened to this show too much? Yeah, and we appreciate. Marty Deller is here, John Bonus is here. This is the Power Trip Monty Show on the fan. Get Joe, Phil them Boss know the deal. There's a body Jerry here. Oh, I can continue it. You feel