Speaker 1: Live on YouTube and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: It's one on one point three Katie w B.
Speaker 1: We're doing another Christmas Wish coming up in a few minutes. We really need to raise money, so we're coming up with the ideas to generate more funds so we can grant even more Christmas Wishes. You can donate online KADIWB dot com slash wish. You can also nominate a couple of rules. Jenny has been going through a lot of these and then I call them, so Jenny will say, here's one call this person. Jenny says, there's been a problem with people what nominating themselves.
Speaker 3: I cannot nominate yourself. Yes, there's been a lot of that. And then also like unfortunately we just like can't drive super far distances with delivery and things, so like that's another thing. As I see someone honestly saying clouds too far, so like I see the city being sant cloud and so it's just I'm going through all these and it's a lot of things that unfortunately aren't eligible for Christmas Wish.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then also if there's been a big gofund me. I talked to one last night and she was so sweet and was a family that had gone through some stuff, and I said, have they done it? Go fun? She said, yeah, they've raised about twenty thousand dollars for a gofund And I said, I love you, but I really don't need to ask you anymore because I'm looking for people who if you did a GoFundMe and raised eight hundred dollars, you're still in Yeah, but if you raise twenty thousand dollars, that's you know what. I'm glad you got it. You must need it, but that means you have tons of people out there that are supporting you. So I don't want to be too nitpicky about Christmas wish, but I'm just trying to give you some guidelines. But if you think of, like, who do you know that just basically needs a brighter Christmas? It doesn't have to be the most amazing, sad, dramatic story of all time. It can just be like, Yeah, my sister, she got a divorce and her husband's not working right now or whatever, and she's struggling, she's got three kids and there's no tree and that type of thing. We would love to help out somebody like that. Katiwb dot com slash wish here is somebody who's got an idea about Christmas? Is it Kristin? Kristin, Yes, Kristin, good morning. You're on your favorite radio station, KATIWB congratulations.
Speaker 4: Thanks, Actually it really is my favorite. I've been listening to you for year's Dave.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you. What are you? We talked a little bit earlier, but I wonder you to talk about this on the radio because I find it really interesting. What's up about Christmas?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I decided that I'm I'm going to quiet quit Christmas.
Speaker 1: Which means that, yeah.
Speaker 4: So, I mean I I used to do everything like I I'm but this year, I'm not going to do you know, holiday cards. I'm not going to do secret Sanna, you know, matching pajamas, like going to see Santa, going to Christmas shows like it's just it got it's gotten to be too much, honestly. So all I'm really going to do is have a Christmas tree. I think that's fine. But yeah, so you do it all, you know?
Speaker 2: Do you have kids, Kristen?
Speaker 4: Yeah, actually I have a four and a six year old.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're a mean one, missus Grinch. I can't believe no, you've got two babies that love Christmas, the magic of Christmas, and you're like, now, we're not gonna go she Shanta, We're not gonna do cards, we're not gonna make bring ginger bread house. I get it, it's a lot, but your job is to create memories for those kids. But go on, why if she's the only one doing it?
Speaker 4: Exactly, I've been I've done all the work, and it's like everything goes so fast that it's just done too quickly. And the kids they get all the Twitter, they don't even They're done in ten minutes, like they don't care.
Speaker 1: That's true. You get a little cash registers like oh babies first cash register, they open it, they scan boop boop boop three times, and then it goes in the back of the closet. Yes, you are right about that.
Speaker 5: There's still something magical about Like even me at twenty four years old, I love Christmas time. I don't know what it is, but something about just thinking about when I was a kid and I would stay up making doing cookies and milk for Santa or Wabba do. I don't know if you ever did reindeer food, And I don't know what the reindeer food is now, But reindeer food.
Speaker 1: It's so cute? What is?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: Did you have a partner?
Speaker 4: I do, but I've just had to do it all.
Speaker 1: So what did they say? What did they say when they said, Okay, we're not going to do elf on a shelf? I mean the kids that gotta do an elf? You're not doing elf on the shelf anymore.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing it. I've just told them that that's only for naughty kids that need to be watched.
Speaker 1: What do you think? I will tell you. I know some people that feel like you do that. They're not crazy about Christmas and all the expense and all the work and all the things and the stress, but they do it anyway. But I admire you in a way for going you know what, No, we're not going to do that. It's expensive and before you know it, it's over and you got to pack everything up. But what do you think about this? When send me a text or call me and let me know about Kristen quiet quitting Christmas? How do you think the kids are going to react when they realize there's only like a couple of presents under the tar? Are you going to hang stockings? At least for the kids.
Speaker 5: Maybe you don't even got to put anything in them, just hang them, you go. But I'm saying, if you're trying to not do, if you're trying to do the bare minimum, at least hang them up for decord.
Speaker 3: I mean, she's got a tree at least, Yeah, on your tree or is it just a tree? I mean, I'm assuming the kids are still going to get some presents at Christmas.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're getting a few presents, and yes, the tree is going to be decorated. That's that's going to be a thing. But yeah, I'll think about hanging from stockings. But aside from that that that's it.
Speaker 7: I mean I get her point of view, though, like if she's the only one doing all of the work, and especially when she like listed off all the things that she has been doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like your kids.
Speaker 7: Are only four and six, but if she's been doing it since the six year old was born, that's six years of doing Like you're essentially party planning the entire month of December.
Speaker 5: But you can't ruin it for your kids, and your kids are going to grow up like the Grinch too.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're exactly right.
Speaker 7: But I don't think it would ruin it for them, because like would they remember, like, well, we used to go do this, this, this, this, yes, this.
Speaker 1: Will yes, we're not at four years old. But as they grow up, they don't remember going to the Yeah, read them for the Christmas lights. They're gonna go the Santa Parade through the neighborhood, but they won't remember not doing it. That's what you know.
Speaker 5: It's not like, uh, like Saint Patrick's Day, A lot of people don't do that. Christmas is everywhere. Christmas is the Christmas in her house. It still exists in her house.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying, like for me growing up, our Christmas was like we would essentially go see the holidazzle and then have Christmas Day.
Speaker 1: That was Christmas.
Speaker 7: Okay, But like if that's what you think is Christmas, But if Christmas is everything else she's been doing, then like that's I I see where she's coming.
Speaker 1: Talking to a mom Kristen on the phone who says she's quiet quitting Christmas. She used to do everything and now she's cutting it way back because of the expense and the stress. And there's a bunch of text messages on your side and not on your side and we'll read some of those in a second. So hang on, Kristin. I mean you don't have to stay on the phone, but keep listening. I appreciate it, and you'll get some people with some thoughts on your situation. Okay, I know you're not asking for advice. Nobody's gonna change your mind, but you'll get some thoughts on it. Thank you, Kristen, have a great day, Merry Christmas. Won't say we'll read because there are some people who think that they are kind of on her side. This text says, I understand her. When you're the one doing it all and it's not appreciated, it gets old really fast. Well, kids don't They appreciate it, but they don't say necessarily thanks mom. They just absorb it because that's their job, all right. Coming up Disney on Ice. Tickets will follow up with some comments on Kristin, but Disney on Ice coming up next. On kd WB, you want to take your kids out to Disney on Ice, We got a four pack for Thursday night tomorrow. Just go to YouTube and search Dave Ryan TV. We had a really interesting conversation with a woman named Kristen a minute ago who said, she's quiet quitting Chris, which is, well, what does that mean. She's like, I've done everything. I've done everything from the elf on a shelf, I've done the Christmas holiday cards, I've done the holiday party. We've gone on the lights tour, a tree full of presents and corner secrets, all that, all of that stuff. And she said, it is too much money, it is too much stress. I do all the work. And she didn't sound like she's blaming her partner, but he's, you know, he or she is not definitely helping. And there she's not alone. Rachel. You said you are also kind of quietly quitting Christmas.
Speaker 8: Yep, I a couple of years ago, quit doing everything except putting up a Christmas tree and stockings, and stockings don't even get stuffed anymore because Fantha doesn't have that kind of money. That's put seventy five dollars stuck in stocking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what seventy five dollars in a stocking is. We usually put chapstick in a box of tiktacs and it was like there was something in there. Wow, you know what. I admire you for you deciding what's more important. So thank you, Rachel, Yeah, have a good day.
Speaker 9: Guys.
Speaker 1: Yep, you too. A lot of debate on this one, and it's like, Okay, that's your job as a parent is to create these wonderful memories. And I will bet you if you ask Carson and Allison, they'd be like, yeah, I remember Christmas. We'd go to Christmas Church, we'd come home, we'd open one present. We would always have oyster stew for some reason. That was Susan's idea. And then and the kids would have to wait at the top of the stairs until I said, okay, it's time to come down, and they'd get to open one present at a time. You had to watch other people open their presence. And then we'd take a break. We'd have a little breakfast, and there's just like so many things that it was just such a wonderful thing.
Speaker 2: That's like normal stuff.
Speaker 3: I feel like she's quite quitting the stuff that's super extra, like the matching pajamas, the alfa on the shelf and stuff, because I didn't have any of that stuff growing up, and I still had a great Christmas. And also a lot of these people that are texting in honestly are annoying me. Saying that she's a bad mom because like you don't know her financial situation, you might be better off than she.
Speaker 1: She sounded rich to me, Okay, well make affording it.
Speaker 3: But like it is expensive to do a lot lot of these things. I see my friends and like when Alfa on the Shelf comes to visit, and the amount I don't know.
Speaker 7: It's not even just expensive for like money though, Jenny, it's like expensive because of time, Like she's putting in all of this time and effort in planning all of this stuff. Because I said earlier, it's like she's party planning all of December and that takes out, That takes a lot out of anybody. Someone did text and saying she's not necessarily quitting, she's just simplifying Christmas, and that they don't see the issue in that, And then other people are saying, yeah, she's a bad mom, and like it's for your kids.
Speaker 1: Don't have kids if you can't do it.
Speaker 7: But like I understand, like like dialing back on what you've been putting in if what you've been putting in hasn't been either enjoyed that much or helped out with at all.
Speaker 1: I think sometimes Christmas became it became an orgy of gifts at our house, and we finally said, about five years ago, we said we are dialing it back because Carson would get he'd get the PlayStation five, and then he would get a pair of beats by dre or whatever the current thing was that he had to get, and Allison would get a brand new coat that was three hundred dollars, and Susan would get like, you know what. And we finally said, no, that we just don't need it to be an orgy of presents. So now we're going to have maybe two presents for each of us under the tree.
Speaker 5: I think that's different for you though, still, because five years ago your youngest kid was eighteen, her kids are four and six. You know, yeah, so they I mean, I don't know how much joy Carson at eighteen years old, we'd getut of building a gingerbread house as much as her four and six year old.
Speaker 1: That is a good point. So I still love Teddy's like, sign me up, Well, there's a bunch of a bunch of tax messages at the very least, do elf on the shelf. My kids are seventeen and nineteen, and asked this year where Barley is Barley the apparently somebody else via tax says ad school and sports, holiday stuff as well. It's all too much. And then you've got your office Christmas party, and then you've got your whatever that you're volunteering for. So there is a lot, but I think that it's just that's part of the season. It's kind of an overwhelming, exhausting season. But it's good stuff. It's not like you're, you know, digging a ditch or something. You're having fun. But do what works for you. Thanks for all the text messages. Guess what you guys? We got Disney on Ice tickets. You want to go see Disney on Ice?
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 1: We got you set up. This is something that it's an experience and you don't have to pay for it because we're gonna get you in. We got a four pack of tickets to go see Disney on Ice A Grand's Casino areno December fourth, that's tomorrow night, A little bit short notice. Tickets are on sale, but we want to give you and your family a four pack. You'll call me right now at six five one nine eight nine KWB. I will give you a Disney song. You'll hear the first part. Then you got to sing the next part. Bailey, you're the biggest Disney person here. I'm gonna give you a song. You sing the next part. Are you ready? I'm ready? Here we go.
Speaker 7: It's good.
Speaker 1: I can make a strong be satisfied my play all but.
Speaker 7: The voice side sings a different song, What is wrong with Me?
Speaker 1: Friends song?
Speaker 2: Good job? That is newer Disney.
Speaker 1: I thought, what is that? Moana? Okay, yeah, I'm impressed with you. I've never seen Mawana before. I have heard the Youre Welcome song many many times because the brand kids love to hear You're welcome. Terrible song, it's a great song. I would say that is the top five Disney songs of all time. You're Welcome? No, but I mean to each their own, But you're wrong. Okay, I'll give you a better bit Disney song. Okay from Blue the Bear Jungle Blow Look for the Bear A simple Yeah. Man, that's the best Disney song of all the time. Give me another one that. Give me a better one, Jenny, is there a better one than that one?
Speaker 2: I can show you the worst.
Speaker 7: I agree, I like, Look there she goes, isn't he dreamy? Miss your guest on. Oh he's so cute. Be still my heart.
Speaker 1: I'm hardly like that one. I like. No, here's what we should do. We should play Disney songs until we know because people would want us to stop. I was gonna say, played Disney song until we raise a certain amount for Christmas. Place write it down, Jenny. There's something there. There's something there. I don't know what.
Speaker 7: There's something there that wasn't there before.
Speaker 1: Not necessary. That's another she just got back you started. Okay, Kendra is on the phone. Hi, Kendra, Hi, good morning. What's the best Disney song? Off the top of your head?
Speaker 10: Let it go?
Speaker 8: Let it go?
Speaker 1: How many kids have you got? That harass you to watch Frozen all the time.
Speaker 4: I have one, but I used to be and nanny, so we'd watch.
Speaker 7: It every day.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I'm gonna play the first part of a Disney song down the phone. You start singing when the music stops, and if you get their lyric right, you're gonna go to see Disney on ice tomorrow night. Okay, Okay, here we go. Let me pick a hard one for you. Here here it comes, good luck be domain Oh no, I know the movie.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna be a ing cub. It's from the Lion King.
Speaker 1: Not close enough. Unfortunately, I'm gonna get you know what I'm gonna give you. I'm gonna give you a different one. Okay, that was a hard one that I'm gonna give you a hard one. Here's a different one.
Speaker 9: You dream about gulden up down.
Speaker 1: Just now the word around you.
Speaker 4: I can't hear it.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry that disqualifies you for playing the game, because people use that excuse all the time and they say they always say they can't hear it, and we know they can. So we got to move on to the next one. I'm sorry about that one. Next one, Jasmine. Hello, Jazmine, you're ready to play. Of course, tell me about your experience with the kids in the Disney.
Speaker 4: We've gone once and my daughter loved it and we watched Disney movies all daylong.
Speaker 1: That's all we do. Nice, same all, right, Here we go. Here's your song. Sing the next.
Speaker 4: Line, the guess, the guess.
Speaker 6: If you're stressed, it's fine dining, we suggest, oh too.
Speaker 7: Hard, No, art, I will say that song does have it go into both endings, so she is technically right now. I feel bad for the first caller no, because she was wrong. She was like, I'm going to be a lion cub. That never Actually, I think.
Speaker 3: She was just trying to guess the movie. I don't think she fully understood that she had to sing.
Speaker 7: Sing the song, but that this one she is technically right.
Speaker 1: With a name like Jasmine, I think it's meant to be that You're going to Jasney Got Nice tomorrow. You're welcome. We played kind of hard and fast with the rules. Loosen fast with the rules here on KTBLEB. All right, we'll have more Disney on ice tickets for you coming up a little bit later on Christmas Wish. About five minutes away. Our wisher is waiting in the green room to come in and do the Christmas Wish, and that's coming up next on kt WB. Before we do that, I want to let you know I have personally raised nineteen dollars this morning for Christmas Wish. How I did a cameo. So here's the way it works. If you go on cameo and request a video for me, and I did one with me and Benny, Jenny and Bailey. If you request a video from me, it costs I think nineteen bucks fifteen bucks or something like that. All the money that I make, I will keep none of it. I will give directly to Christmas Wish. So if I get ten people and I've only gotten one so far requesting a cameo video, that means one hundred and fifty bucks or so. That's a lot for Christmas Wish. So go on cameo and request a video for me, and I'll put Bailey and Jenny and vont In there. If you want, you can tell them to say whatever you want. You can absolutely regress whatever you want to get a sixty second video on cameo. I will keep none of the money. It'll all go to Christmas Wish. Let's do the dirt real quick and then we'll get into Christmas Wish. And I met a Dave Ryan show one on one point three kd WB. Let's go to the NBA. Michael Jordan is talking about Anthony Edwards. Well, where did this come from and what does he have to say?
Speaker 9: I had a conversation this summer with a with a high executive at Minnesota and he was talking about Anthony Edwards. YEP, I heard during the course of the year that you know they were double teaming me. You know he didn't know how to deal with the double team. Well, that's the highest respect that you can ever get. If a team feels like they got a double team, Now, how do you figure out a way to break that double team? Move without the ball, move into the post, getting scoring positions so that the double team you can act before the double all day?
Speaker 1: Okay, double team? Okay, Jenny, what are you out in the dirt? Today?
Speaker 3: Chopra and Nick Jonas are celebrating their seventh wedding anniversary. He posted to his Instagram story a photo of Preanca lounging by the pool and says seven years married to my dream girl, and she reposted his story and added the caption You're what dreams are made of.
Speaker 2: They have two anniversaries to celebrate.
Speaker 3: December second, twenty eighteen, was when they've tied the knot in a traditional Hindoo ceremony, but on December first, Nick's father officiated their Christian ceremony.
Speaker 2: So seven years together.
Speaker 3: I'm actually kind of shocked because Nick is the youngest right of those three, and so he got married pretty young then, huh, right.
Speaker 5: Now Frankie's left. Nobody ever gives love the Frankie Jonas.
Speaker 3: I mean I did see yesterday of them all like introing things, and now that Joe Jonas is known for his being big bong thing, it was like Nick did like a cute little thing, and then like Kevin did a shout out to Frankie, and then Joe did something too, but ended it with being big bong.
Speaker 2: So you don't have her microphone?
Speaker 1: Oh is it this red button here? Yeah? Please?
Speaker 7: So HBO just started streaming mad Men in four K and it's like a big deal. But apparently they used some wrong files. I don't know who they got working over there, some monkeys. Many of the files that they put into HBO didn't include post production work, so they kind of led to some interesting flubs. Most importantly, in one of them, you can see a crew member manning a vomit machine in a scene where a character pukes, so they vomit mach but you can see like the crew around, or like the reflection of the crew because they I guess, uploaded all of these files one out of order, two mistitled or misnamed, miss descripted, and then three without all of that post production work. So I kind of I wish that I had been a part of the gotten to see some of it, but I'm sure they fixed it by now.
Speaker 1: Everybody loves Sweet Caroline. Hugh Jackman, Kate Hudson.
Speaker 5: They did a rendition the Sweet Caroline at Oatmate's Pub after their big night at the Gotham Awards this week.
Speaker 1: Here is a little clip. What number is that? Eight? Number? Eight? All right? People love that song.
Speaker 5: When I did Friday Night football at Wizetta, they first it was like senior night or homecoming. They did a big thing where they threw powder smoke up in the air and they did it to that song.
Speaker 1: So when they were on the bleachers they slammed the bleed. They were like, that's so cool.
Speaker 7: He's so Hugh Jackman is in a movie about I think it's either about Neil Diamond or about a Neil Diamond impersonator called song sung Blue and Kate Hudson incident too, which is why they sang that song.
Speaker 1: Makes sense. Hey, there's just a We love Ken Barlow. He was on our station and he's been in here in town for years. He does the weather over at forty five and he is a good friend of the show and he used to do the weather for years on Katie WB and I guess there was a post saying on LinkedIn saying that he's exploring opportunities beyond traditional broadcasting and people are making a really big deal out of this, and it can be a big deal. But if it means Ken's going away, you know what, You turn the page. Yeah, Sometimes you're done doing what you're doing and it's time to turn the page and find something else. And Ken is just you know, we love Ken. He's got a great heart. He's been very open about his struggle with depression, and I think a lot of people related to that one. So shout out to our buddy Ken Barlow and let me see if I still have his number.
Speaker 2: Well, he's so nice.
Speaker 3: I hosted a charity event and he was like kind of the guest speaker at it because it was it was about like mental health and stuff like that, and he did talk about all the struggles that he went through and he is just he's one of those people that you would never guess that he struggled because he was so nice and friendly and kind and happy, but he goes through his own things.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so shout at Ken Barlo. I looked in apparently I don't have his number anymore or called and bothered him, So shout out can you be? That is the dirt brought to you by six one two Injured Himer and Lammer's Injury Law. And now it's time for the imagine of the Holidays, Dave Ryan's Christmas Wish. In the studio, we have our Christmas wisher and this is the way it works. The wisher comes into the studio and tells us a little bit about who they're making the wish for, and then we kind of grant the wish. Catherine, how are you.
Speaker 6: I'm doing so good. Thank you for having me here. I really appreciate all that you guys are doing.
Speaker 1: I love the fact that you were a christmaswater into work. At the end of the studio today, she got a snoopy Christmas sweater on.
Speaker 6: Yes, I wear them every day from when we get back from Thanksgiving weekend to winter break.
Speaker 1: Wow. Now are you a teacher.
Speaker 7: I'm a teacher?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 7: In high school?
Speaker 1: High you teach high school?
Speaker 7: Teach high school?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: What are you teach? In high school?
Speaker 7: I teach Spanish?
Speaker 6: And then I also have a class of Avid, which prepares students for whatever their journey is after they leave us.
Speaker 9: Cool.
Speaker 1: That is awesome. Okay, So the way Christmas wish works is you're gonna tell us a little bit, but not the whole thing yet. This is about your friend Tiffany. How do you know Tiffany?
Speaker 6: I've worked with Tiffany for over a decade at this point and grew up.
Speaker 7: I grew up in my teaching career with her. Okay, and yeah, she taught me a lot of what I know.
Speaker 1: Okay, and so she still teaches at the school. Yes, yes, okay. So we're gonna call her in a moment, and I'm gonna give a shout out to Brandon over at College Muscle Movers because Brandon is driving to what part of town? Is she in?
Speaker 7: Brooklyn Center of Brooklyn Park?
Speaker 1: Okay, one of those I get it mixed up all the time. So Brandon from College Muscle Movers is driving out there right now or probably parked in the yard to deliver the Christmas wish. If you are moving, get a hold of College Muscle Movers. Brandon. Is it true that you actually put a ken More refrigerator on your back and carried it up three stories? Is that true? I will comment. Okay, thanks for what thanks for what you and the team do over there. If you want to move and you need somebody to help you move, remember this is Brandon's not getting paid any extra to do this. Brandon goes out every morning, drives to different parts of the Twin Cities this way, that way, this way that way, and he does it for free. So think about the heart that they put into this. And so if you're moving, get a hold of College Muscle Movers, Brandon's standby. Have a great day. Okay, so good, Thank you, my friend. Okay, let's make the phone call Mascara alert. By the way, College Muscle Movers provides fifteen free muscle boxes and an on time guarantee with every move. They're on College musclemovers dot com.
Speaker 2: Very nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can you call because I mentioned this yesterday, Catherine. We bought this phone at radio Shack in nineteen eighty nine and it stopped working in about nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 7: Oh, my mom would feel a kinship to that phone. Yeah, it does to update her phones.
Speaker 1: Does Mom still have a landline?
Speaker 6: She doesn't, She's got I think the iPhone's sevens like I'm using it till it breaks.
Speaker 1: Okay, the bottom one of the top one. This one here, okay, hello, hello, oh hi, hey, I'm sorry to bother you. Is this Tiffany, Tiffany, It is Dave Ryan over at Katie w B. Everything's okay. I'm here with your buddy from school, Catherine. Do you know what you know? Catherine? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hi, Tiffany, Hi, What in the world is going on?
Speaker 1: We've recruited you to be on the Twin Cities Love is Blind edition. That's not true, that's.
Speaker 4: I don't know my husband.
Speaker 1: Well, the good news is he's on it too. No, we're calling. I'm glad. She's funny. We're calling with Katie WB's Christmas wish. Do you have you heard of that before?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, now, don't start crying at we've read together, not even started on this one. But I've got your friend Catherine here who's told us about your challenges during the holidays, and she wrote a letter that we want to help out with. Have you got a couple of minutes for her to read the letter? No crying.
Speaker 6: I can't make any promise of Tiffany. You know this about me, Okay, Dear Katie b B family and everyone that helps with Christmas wish. I'm writing this letter to nominate my wonderful co worker, Tiffany and her family. I work at a high school teaching Spanish, and I've worked with Tiffany for over ten years. In fact, she was my mentor teacher for those first scary school years when I was learning what I was doing. And as I have worked with Tiffany, I've learned about her family. Tiffany and her husband Derek have four children, Ella, Tristan, Gabriel, and Natalia, and she had just had her youngest daughter when I started working with her. Her children have literally grown up before my eyes, and even now her son Gabriel is in my class. Tiffany's husband, Derek, is a wonderful husband and father in their family. Derek is also a veteran and has served for many years before being able to retire. He has a history of heart disease in his family and has been dealing with quote unquote smaller heart issues for years, with things growing in severity within the last couple of years. He's had to go several surgeries and treatments, all while trying to stay involved as possible in his family's lives. For a long time. Doctors have really been unable to determine what is happening in his body and were hesitant to try certain treatments for fear of how you will respond this ball. When we came back to school, Tiffany revealed that doctors had been able to diagnose Deic with lymphoma and that they had found spots all over his body from his throat and neck down into his torso region, and in the last appointment, they even found a three inch blood clot in his leg that had them posing the question of if it would be necessary to amputate the Like each procedure that Tiffany tells me about, there's a severe risk that his body won't be able to handle it. So there is a heaviness to the two of them as they try to navigate everything. But throughout all of this, Tiffany has been the only one able to work, but she continues to be there for her students and colleagues to the point where no one would suspect that they are dealing with this horrible disease. At home, she continues to show up for her own kids, working to make sure their lives continue as normally as possible. With all of the unknowns that cancer can bring. I'm hoping that Katie w b, the Dave Ryanshall, and the team at Christmas Wish can make this Christmas as magical as possible for this family. They are there for all of those around them, and now I'm hoping to be there for them.
Speaker 1: How is right? Now?
Speaker 7: He's got a lot of pain. Yeah, it's hard.
Speaker 1: It's one of those things where you know, he's what is he? Did you say he's thirty eight? I don't know how how old is Derek? I don't know where I got thirty How old is how old is he?
Speaker 4: He's forty eight?
Speaker 1: Forty eighth? Okay, well pretty close then. So it's one of those things where you know, you think of like, oh, well, the average forty eight year old is you're running through your life and you're running down the loads to pick up things, and you're running over here to do this, and you're going to this meeting and whatever, and that's kind of all just kind of ground to a halt as he's been, you know, unable to do a lot of the things that we the rest of us take for granted.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: We wish we could just wave a wand and make everything better. But our goal on Christmas Wish is to just make you feel loved and appreciated and supported, and you definitely are, And we have some things for you and your family. You've got You've got three three kids? Is it Chris for three in the house? Three in the house? Okay? Seventeen, fourteen and thirteen? Is that right?
Speaker 2: Twelve pets?
Speaker 1: Okay? Okay? So where are the kids right now?
Speaker 4: At home getting ready for school?
Speaker 1: Oh? Are you're at work? Get the door? Okay, gotcha. We won't keep you much longer. So what I've got for you were things for your Christmas to make a little bit easier. So we're going to start off with things for the whole family. First of all, we're gonna get you five tickets to go see the Minnesota Wild take on Boston Sunday, December fourteenth in Saint Paul. Hopefully that's a big deal to you, guys. We got five tickets for you. We got one hundred and one dollar Holiday Station Stores gas card. Thanks to Holiday for that one three hundred dollars over at cub Foods. Because you know what, during the midst of all this, the last thing that you need to do is worry about, you know, a couple of weeks worth of food or gas, money or whatever. We got one hundred dollars Broadway Pizza gift card, thanks to Sarah everybody of Broadway Pizza.
Speaker 8: And because when he was little, that's what.
Speaker 1: He called it. I love that. And Valvelene heard about Christmas wish and so Amy and everybody at Valveeleen are donating a very festive oil change from Valveline, an oil change. We'd love that we did that because it's so random. Ready loves that. I can go over the gifts here really quick. Here, does Tristan have a Nintendo Switch?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well they can download whatever because we got a Nintendo Switch gift card. We got an Adida sweatshirt with some sweatpants and a couple of more sweatshirts. We got some Adidas shoes in different colors. And then we've got tough for Gabriel, Adidas sneakers and a sweatshirt and some Legos. Is Gabriel still into Legos? You better say yes, you better say yes. And then a Steam gift card to buy game for your PC. For Natalia, we got some clothes and we've got some other cool stuff, Derek. We thought that we did some digging with your friend here, and wireless headphones came up. Can Derek use some wireless headphones for sure? Just a little something to put under the tree. And then we've got some special stuff for you too. And I know it doesn't change your life, but hopefully it just makes you feel a little bit more appreciated and loved and a little bit encouraged to help get your way make your way through all of the things you're going through.
Speaker 4: That is so unbelievably generous.
Speaker 1: Well, we're happy to do it. We really wish we could do more, but I'm so glad we could get ahold of you and you are loved and you were supported Tiffany and Catherine and everybody at the school. Well, thank you, give the best of the whole family. And by the way, outside of your door is Brandon from college muscle movers with boxes and boxes of all the stuff to bring in the house. Okay, do you see him? Look out the front door?
Speaker 5: There he say here, all right, I'm getting very confused books from the rest of my family.
Speaker 2: Like Mahama's going on.
Speaker 1: They'll understand, all right. Thank you, Tiffany, Merry Christmas, and thanks for listening to katiewb. And thank you Catherine.
Speaker 7: Much for having me. I appreciate all of this. You guys are amazing. The biggest hug ever. I'll see you in about twenty minutes to work.
Speaker 1: Christmas Wish brought to you by Holiday Station Stores, Treasure Island Resort and Casino. Thanks all to also to Youth Link and Choice Bank. And we still need we still need donations, and we're actually being called into a meeting later today because we need to figure out ways to get more donations. So we will figure it out. But one of the best things you can do is just donate. If you were inspired or touched by Christmas Wish, or you were at least made to feel very fortunate that everybody in your family is healthy and happy and able to do all the stuff that they do every day without even thinking about it, then maybe that is your motivation to go donate. Katiewb dot com slash wish Christmas Wish wrapping up on kdub. We do need more to I hate the part where we have to ask for donations. There's nothing more boring on the radio than listen to some DJ to hell did dough they should So if you go donate right now is my best DJ puky voice. It sounds really good. Actually, like, go donate right now, hitted wb dot com slash wish so we can make some more wishes, heppen. But it's true because a lot of it. I mean, we get a lot of help from Treasure Island, we get a lot of help from Holiday and and but we are very careful. I called somebody last night. Here's an example of like we screen all the wishes to make sure they're not I wouldn't say legit, but really needy. H And I called one and they said, yeah, you know this is bad and whatever. And I said that they're gonna done it GoFundMe. Yeah, they did it gofund me. They raised about twenty thousand dollars. They said, well, thanks for being honest, but that's not really what we're looking for for a Christmas wish. I'm sure they needed every body of that twenty thousand, but we're looking for people who the best. They put together. It was like a spaghetti dinner down to the church and they raised five hundred dollars. Yeah, or maybe they're getting nothing at all or maybe they did to go fund me and they got you know, one hundred dollars or something like that. What is it when they do the food the food chain, the food food meal meal train? Yeah, I never heard of that. What is that meal train?
Speaker 7: I think it's like you you make them a meal, and like people sign up to bring you food because you don't have like the time or energy to make your own food. So like it's a train of people bringing you food so you can eat, your family can eat.
Speaker 1: Now, do you think if to raise money, we did a Dave Ryan Show Morning experience, like you came into the radio station and we watch a McDonald's and you hung out for a half an hour and played think faster? Would that would be? Anybody bid on that? Probably? That's all fun? McDonald Yeah, shut up.
Speaker 5: I also thought about locking me in a snow globe and it's one of those big old inflatable ball things.
Speaker 7: Do that for free?
Speaker 2: Well, where are we going to get one of those? Then we're gonna think.
Speaker 1: About things like that. Then we have to buy a four hundred dollars snow globe.
Speaker 5: It's not a globe, it's a like.
Speaker 3: A I know, No, they're not those are big things that a body can fit in.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, I promise you there.
Speaker 1: I mean we forget that he's in there, and we go back and Vaunt is dead.
Speaker 3: Like those I've gone in those before when I work at the Timberwolves, they do things with that.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what put together a Dave Ryan in the Morning Show experience where you come in with your dope friend or your sister, your mom, or your kid or whatever. We'll let you get on the radio, we'll let your request a song, we'll let you play DJ, we'll let you play Think Fast. Minimum bid on this one, and we'll buy you McDonald's whatever you want, a McDonald's. You want to mcgriddle, buy you mcgriddle two to mcgriddle's. Buy one for everybody comes in three Dave Ryan Show experience and you get to be on the radio and you get to play Think Fast, and we'll give you a T shirt that didn't sell at the Minnesota State Fair. Yeah, and what's our minimum bid on this?
Speaker 2: Oh minimum?
Speaker 3: I'm I'm starting us off at like two hundred, two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, can we track the bid yet?
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, I'm trying to work on that cool.
Speaker 1: Let's up on that until we can track the bids because we do want to raise more money for Christmas.
Speaker 9: Qush.
Speaker 1: If you are a business, people say this all the time, how do I donate the Christmas wish? We appreciate when you donate like a product or a service, but the best thing to do is just donate on cash. I mean, it really is. There's so many people's like I own a nail salon and I will give and it's like, that's so cool, but it's difficult because we have a small staff. It's difficult to coordinate that with everybody. And I appreciate it so much, and we had a bigger staff. We definitely do it. But if you want to contribute, and you're a nail salon or you do hair, or you're a bowling alley, just go online and donate cash. That is the best way to do it if you really want to help out. I appreciate that one. Okay, time now for something completely different. Font stirs the pot. Nobody actually likes gingerbread cookies. Let's be real, You're right, you're nobody, ye yep, no one the craziest ill I disagree.
Speaker 3: It's probably the worst of all Christmas cookies, but like, if that's my only option, I'm gonna eat it. I'm I'm gonna somewhat enjoy it.
Speaker 5: It's too hard, Like it's not an enjoy Cookies should be enjoyable to chew, to bite into, and they're not. They're cute to decorate and do like a competition with your family, but not good to eat.
Speaker 1: I will say, if they're made right and they're not hard, because I think gingerbread houses, they're not made to eat. They're made to decorate and have fun. You buy them down at Target in the pre made box, they're as hard as a rock. Yeah, but if you do a soft gingerbread cookie, I wouldn't say they're terrible. I would reach for one over a peanut butter chocolate cookie.
Speaker 7: If it was if it was like a homemade molasses cookie that had like gingerbread qualities, then maybe, But if it's just a straight gingerbread cookie, yeah, I'm not unless it has to be soft.
Speaker 1: How can you guarantee that? I agree? Yeah, I agree, it's gotta be soft, Jenny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, since you say gingerbread cookies are the would you say the worst of all of them?
Speaker 3: I think they're the worst of all Christmas cookies. Yeah, but I would still eat it if there was like my only option.
Speaker 5: So what other Christmas cookies is on that that bracket for you?
Speaker 2: I mean good cookies.
Speaker 7: Jenny just got so excited in her face.
Speaker 1: My mom like these.
Speaker 3: Fantastic peanut butter balls. So that's high up on my list, which I know is those table at A lot of Christmas is just the cutouts with like the frosting and the sprinkles that you decorate with kids, and I still do as an adult.
Speaker 2: I love those sprits. Sprits, Yeah, that's correct, yep, I like those.
Speaker 3: How about the ones that have the little Hershey kiss or the Reese's cup.
Speaker 2: In the middle.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Those are also delicious. It's like a peanut butter sugar or something.
Speaker 1: And all those are pretty soft.
Speaker 5: They're all soft and enjoyable to bite into, and getting cookies should be soft. I'm getting slandered through text message right now. Five through nine to one. Somebody said, VANCE never had my grandma's recipe. They're so delicious and soft. They soften the day after baking. That's a rare cookie that softens the next day. Another text message, the way my mouth dropped when Vonce said that about gingerbread cookies.
Speaker 1: It's so true. Well, here's one somebody who manages a bakery in South Minneapolis. Our gingerbread cookies are probably the most popular around, and our gingerbread people during the holidays like crazy. People love them. Tell me the name of your bakery because we want to send people over there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I want to eat that does What's the place we always get amazing donuts from Angel Food?
Speaker 1: Do they have gingerbread cookies? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have no idea either.
Speaker 3: They have a lot of different varieties of baked goods, but they're known mostly for donuts.
Speaker 7: Have you ever had a molasses cookie?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. Oh that's so good.
Speaker 7: It's hard to explain what molasses taste like if you've never had molasses, because it tastes like molasses is.
Speaker 1: Somewhere between syrup and honey and turpentine on.
Speaker 5: A cookie I've had. I have had molasses in place of syrup on a waffle. Yeah, starting the pot. Gingerbread cookies are not delicious.
Speaker 7: Someone texted saying gingerbread is soft.
Speaker 1: You bozo. Yeaho. Not all the cookies though, not all cookies. They're made equally. I would eat gingerbread, though, Is that a thing?
Speaker 3: I have a gingerbread kid at home that I plan on doing, and it's a truck. Yeah, and I'm looking so forward to it, and I will eat it, I'm sure, because it's one of those kids that's been like probably sitting at Target for like three weeks already.
Speaker 2: So the gingerbread is no doubt.
Speaker 1: Hard as a rock. You're gonna moisten it first?
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I put it in your mouth, build it, and I will still eat it.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into name that tune. Here's the way the game works. I give you a clue. You have to bid how many seconds you will need to guess the song. You'll get to hear a little snippet of the song. But I will give you a clue, and here we go. Is it me versus Bailey? It is vont versus Bailey. Bailey goes first. And here is the category. All of these songs are about you. That's right. Every song title has the word you in the song title. Okay, okay, that may help you, Bailey, you bid first. Here is your clue part of what makes you hot as you think you're not.
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh.
Speaker 7: David, I'm gonna go out with a bang here starting off and say I can name that tune in.
Speaker 5: One second second from Disney you do not rusty at all? Well, all right, Bailey, name that tune?
Speaker 1: Oh what? I would have known it anyway? That is what makes you beautiful? Okay, Bailey on the board with one. You are the subject of this category. Every song title has the word you. Let's go to the movies, you guys, and then go to the toy store. E vaunt? What Let's go to the movies, you guys and then go to the toy store? E? Are you really puzzle? Jenny?
Speaker 2: Now I get it, But at first I was like, what do you.
Speaker 1: Mean, David? Yeah? Or Bailey?
Speaker 5: Ax, I'm gonna challenge you and say I can also name that tune in one second?
Speaker 7: Okay, Bet, go ahead, all right, Bet, name that tune?
Speaker 1: What could it be? What could it be? From the thirty year Old Toy Story classic. If you've got a friend.
Speaker 2: In me, I can't have to bring out how old it is?
Speaker 1: Anniversary? Is that crazy?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: Next one? Okay, she might be more popular and sexier, and I'm kind of playing, but we belong together. All right, she might be more popular and sexier and I'm kind of playing, but we belong together. Bailey, you're bidding first.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Should we just go back and forth and be wild and crazy?
Speaker 5: No, because I know there's so many people in the car listening to we wanna make a fun for them as well.
Speaker 1: If they don't get the clues.
Speaker 7: Okay, then I'm gonna say I can name that tune in two seconds.
Speaker 1: Okay, Bailey, I was gonna say three, So will name that tune?
Speaker 7: Okay, David, Yes, that is you Belong with Me by Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Note to self, make clues harder next time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was hard. Let's try again, Bailey, you're bidding first. This time, here we go. You are the subject of the top the category today. All of these songs include you in the title I been the first of time. Yay, Okay, you're right, Okay, here we go. Vont come along and try to guess this song and bring your friends. Come along and try to guess this song and bring your friends.
Speaker 5: Did you say friends? I did, Bailey? I think I can name that tune in three seconds.
Speaker 7: Okay, I said I could name it in what or? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Two seconds?
Speaker 7: Not one?
Speaker 1: Bailey second, name that tune?
Speaker 7: Okay, that's up.
Speaker 1: I'll be there for you. Yes, this is over thirty years old.
Speaker 10: No, no, everybody, you are the category in this song this round, every song title includes the word you.
Speaker 1: Bailey, you're bidding next? Are you ready?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Here comes your clue, Bailey. I'm going to give you patron, stacks of cash, a trip on my jet or right in my Bentley, pretty much anything you want, and we might go to Treasure Island while we're at it. Could you read that one, Sean, I'm gonna give you patron, cold patron by the way, Oh okay, stacks of cash, a trip on my jet or right in my bent leave, pretty much anything you want, and we might go to Treasure Island also known as t I while we're at it.
Speaker 7: Oh, Jenny's Jenny's gonna know it too, Okay, we already know it? Well, then great, I'm gonna say I could name that tune in three seconds.
Speaker 1: I can name that tune in one second the first time you read it.
Speaker 7: Name that tune? Hate you?
Speaker 5: Oh, Okay, it's not what I thought it was, but it's whatever you like.
Speaker 1: That's not what I thought it was. But what did you think it was? I thought it was by you a drink? Oh okay o, no, all right, you're beating first on this one. Here we go. Name that tune. Well, I was nervous and I blew my chance. I even stuttered when I tried to talk to you. But give me another chance. Could you read it what we're talking about?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Well I was nervous and I blew my chance. I even stuttered when I tried to talk to you, But give me another chance. All of these songs have the word you in the title. Bailey.
Speaker 5: I think I can name that tune in three seconds.
Speaker 7: Oh, I also said three so vant, name that tune.
Speaker 2: I gotta sight set on you.
Speaker 1: Name it Vant. That's Miley Cyrus. See you again, continuing on with name that tune, Bailey. You're bidding first. It is your last first bid. Good luck. Thank you. It gets dark and you're not here to help me through it. I guess I'll have to get used to being your ex It get it's dark and you're not here to help me through it. I guess I'll have to get used to being your ex. It has you in the title.
Speaker 7: See, all the clues were easy at the beginning, and then they've gotten progressively hard. Okay, hmm okay, I think I can name that tune in three seconds.
Speaker 1: The clue kind of threw me.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's why I said three, But you should have already have.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say two.
Speaker 7: Okay, great, then vont name that tune?
Speaker 3: Hi, I'm listening?
Speaker 1: No, well version yes for a second.
Speaker 7: Yeah, my car didn't start this morning and brought me into work today.
Speaker 1: Isn't that nice?
Speaker 5: But then you said, if you had to pick between Dave and I to go to Disney, you choose Dave, so figure out your own way home.
Speaker 1: You would enjoy it more. I love Disney Bailey and I would be like, oh my god, we'd have matching Mickey ears with the dazzled Yeah, I've never been. You've never been to Disney Universal found no Takey's back seas. No I canna tell you why you don't want to bring Vought. He would bitch you by the lines had cost too much. The food's expansion.
Speaker 5: Oh and it's awful, but I shot it so hot everybody in their life needs experience, isn't he?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have fun.
Speaker 7: I kind of lost my voice on one of the rinds.
Speaker 1: How many bids? How many seconds did you bid? I said to Yeah, okay, name that tune?
Speaker 5: The first one you played didn't even like help me at all, like a weird intro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn? Sorry, times up, Bailey? You want to guess it? Just for fun?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 10: I don't know it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 9: Million?
Speaker 1: Wait you want me back after how bad you hurt me? Well that just takee gonna happen.
Speaker 5: But are you okay? There's a tradition I can name that tune in one second? Okay, name that.
Speaker 1: Good Lord? You're loos next time, Jenny, Okay, go ahead and guess what it is. You know what it is? You's your wifey? You broke me first?
Speaker 7: Really? Could you tell me?
Speaker 1: Where'd you get this song?
Speaker 6: Live?
Speaker 1: Is so good? Now here's the challenge. Who's the winner on name that tune? Baby till we agree? Yes? What do you want to play?
Speaker 7: Ready?
Speaker 9: Three?
Speaker 7: Two?
Speaker 1: One? See? Yes? Okay, you got it? I got my sights