Speaker 1: It is shot.
Speaker 2: Jenny By saying, yeah, you know what, I'm trying to, like, you know, be healthy, and we all are trying to do our best.
Speaker 1: And I said, yeah, I was a little bit weak. In Colorado.
Speaker 2: I had half a bag of Doritos with and dipped in salsa.
Speaker 3: And I was like, what do you mean you dip your Doritos and salsa. He's like, yeah, duh with the scoops.
Speaker 1: And I was like, doriedo scoops.
Speaker 4: That's not the toast.
Speaker 1: And you're right, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 2: But that's healthy because it's like got because wheat, I mean, wheat is a vegetable and then the tomatoes is fiber.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's vegetables in this sala.
Speaker 5: If that's healthy, then why am I gaining weight because that's.
Speaker 1: All I eat? Actually, it needs to be something else.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we went to I don't know where we went, but somewhere to eat the other day and Alyssa's ordering, can I get a larger this large of this? And then she goes, I'll get a small milkshake. And I looked at her was like, some restraint, I guess a small milkshake.
Speaker 2: The Denver Airport yesterday and again trying to be healthy. So there's a little like one of those like grab and go kind of food places where they got sandwiches and little meat sticks and pickles or whatever. And they had a sou and I'm like, oh, perfect, this is a healthy looking salad. It was about the size of a the box your cell phone comes in. Okay, So that's how big it was. How many calories are in that salad? Seven hundred and fifty calories are in that salad, Like this is a big mac and fries right here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just put it down. You're like, well, I mean if it's the same anyway.
Speaker 2: So I got a smaller one that was like a kale salad. Nobody likes kale. It was created by Satan himself, and so that was five hundred and thirty four calories. So I had that instead.
Speaker 3: That's not that bad. And you have to remember not all calories are built the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you taught me that.
Speaker 5: Okay, we're boring and built for tough day, built for what, built for tough, for tough.
Speaker 1: Let's take a trip for chance.
Speaker 7: Just want a trip to Los Angeles to see Sabrina Carpenter at one of her sold out shows happens now on kd w B talk back.
Speaker 1: The keyword feather. That's feather on our iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 5: Up.
Speaker 2: Okay, use the iHeartRadio app and just open up to have the red microphone to say the keyword is feather, and you're good to go to Sabrina Carpenter. You're entered to go to her concert in La sometime like November December.
Speaker 3: It's a few different dates were you're working with, so it'll be sometime in November.
Speaker 1: Very very cool.
Speaker 2: Some on Facebook, as we all are here and there, and I was going, came up my Air Academy high school alumni and I forget why I clicked on this one person's profile, but they looked interesting. It was a guy that graduated one year before me, and I looked at it and to see what he's done with his life, it's like, oh, what have they done? So here's what I found out. First of all, he went to the Air Force Academy. So out of high school, you go to the Air Force Academy, which is kind of like getting into Yale where Harvard. It's very difficult to do. But he flew fighter jets. He went to the United States Air Force Air War College. Then he at the Air Force Academy. He studied engineering mechanical engineering at the Air Force Academy. So that's engineering mechanical engineering, brilliant.
Speaker 1: He got an MBA.
Speaker 2: Then he got a master's degree at George Washington University. He then studied organizational psychology, got a PhD. So he's a doctor of philosophy in general psychology. He was a master's of public administration. Good lord, what an overachiever. And I look at me and I'm going I thought I was doing pretty well, making you know, twenty four thousand dollars a year is a disc jockey. Thought I was doing pretty well. Do you ever compare yourself to who was the overachiever in your class?
Speaker 5: I think of so the girl who was in my class who I think is the most successful. Her name is Jill Britz, and she is now an animator for Disney. So she and she like lives in la and she does like backgrounds for Disney. So like anytime I don't know, you're watching Inside Out and you see like characters running around a space, she's the one who create the space that they're is that's so cool, which is really neat, but like, I'm sure that my idea of successful and like someone else's that I graduated, idea of successful is very different.
Speaker 2: Well, of course absolutely, because people be like, you know, I'm successful because I've got enough money and my kids are healthy and I ran a triathlon and I don't need a lot of it. So it depends on and I'm not saying but we know all what we're talking about. Here's somebody who's overly ambitious, successful who knows they might not be happy, but that's impressive.
Speaker 3: My question is I just feel like he's got to have been in debt his whole life. Yes, the amount of school and he's done, Like was he working at the same time as he's getting all these PhDs?
Speaker 2: Well, the Air Force Ademy, the Air Force Academy, they pay for it for you. But you're right with all the other nbas and things like that.
Speaker 3: But I think when I see someone who has just like tons and tons of degrees, and that's honestly, like some people I know that kept going to school, kept going to school, and now they're just in tons of debt and do they have a good job, Yeah, but it's gonna take them a long time.
Speaker 4: To get out of that debt.
Speaker 1: Good take on things.
Speaker 6: What is he doing with it? Yeah, that's what I'm saying, Like he keeps going to achieve more. Sure I don't have a doctor, Sure I don't have whatever these things are.
Speaker 1: But what is your regular day today? Or you just keep going to school?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean he was probably a mechanical engineer because that was his major. But he also then goes back and gets a PhD in general psychology.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: See, I think like you, looking at all of what he's done in his life, you're like, wow, I could have done something similar. So you're not jealous, but like envious of like his success.
Speaker 2: Or not honestly, no, no, no, I think I've done Okay, yeah, I'm impressed.
Speaker 1: Is more what it is.
Speaker 2: It's like here's somebody, Wow, Yeah, you know you're lucky to graduate college and not lucky, but you know, if you graduate college, you've done pretty well. Right, And somebody gets an MBA, It's like, Wow, you're an overachiever. You got an MBA. You go back and get another degree, and then wow, stop it.
Speaker 1: Stop learning.
Speaker 5: I see that stuff where it's like, oh, you got lots of degrees where I'm like, cool, that's impressive.
Speaker 4: But when I like last week, I went.
Speaker 5: With my friend Sarah to see the Chan House and Dinner Theater production of White Chris Smith, and at the end I was like, Wow, those people are really talented, and look at all the stuff that they can do, and they're on you know, working actors and everything, and I do nothing.
Speaker 1: I have no talent.
Speaker 4: She's like, well, you're.
Speaker 5: Good at other things, and so I think we have to be like, oh, you're good at other things. So yeah, this guy's got eight thousand degrees, or someone can sing and dance on stage and get paid for it.
Speaker 4: But you're good at other things. You have other stuff.
Speaker 1: I think about that too.
Speaker 2: It's like there's certain things that you know that he probably would not be able to do, like host a radio show.
Speaker 4: Exactly, you're good at other STU.
Speaker 2: I would compare yourself down. Don't compare yourself up. In other words, compare yourself to the to the idiots in your class, and be like, wow, at least I don't live in mom's basement and play Call of Duty all day.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I almost just spit out some names, and then I realized.
Speaker 1: No, let's do it. Let's do it. Let's do it. Olly, listen to the show the Nos.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll be back in a second, one hour commercial free on Katie W We're new boo Bash tickets with confessions. We'll do that next. If you've got a confession, we'll keep you anonymous. We'll run you through the voice disguiser. Give me your best confession. Not what do we have a rule? Note cheating stories.
Speaker 3: No, no car story, no carking story.
Speaker 2: Okay, so no stories about how you wrecked mom's car and blame the other brother. Okay, but anything else. Let's hear your story. We'd love to mix it up a little bit, not all cheating stories. But if you've got a confession, call in now. Everybody who makes a confession goes to.
Speaker 1: Boob search, Dave Ryan TV.
Speaker 2: We're on right now d R TV or Dave Ryan TV on YouTube. Want to check that out and comment? And are you commenting and interacting, Bailey? Oh yes you are? Okay good. We're one hour commercial free. We got boob bash tickets right now with confessions.
Speaker 5: Confess.
Speaker 1: They're gonna call the radio station.
Speaker 2: We will disguise your voice, thus Lee, and then you will be able to confidently tell your story without anybody knowing who you are. We have somebody on the phone right now named Jenny Lutenberger. Jenny, go ahead and make your confession if you will, please, and your voice is disguised.
Speaker 3: Jenny, confession today is that I don't feel good.
Speaker 1: Oh you don't feel good.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: My head hurts, tummy, hearts. I want to go you hug over. No, I haven't touched on on like a week.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, So what is your confession? Give us your confession and we will get you boo bash tickets. Whether it's a juicy what we hope it's juicy, But if you do it's just moderately juicy, we'll get you boo bash tickets right now. Six five, one, nine eight nine k w b up. First, use something about your best friends. Man, uh oh, what's your confession?
Speaker 9: Yes, I'm sorry, I do my mornings.
Speaker 10: So in high school I had this friend.
Speaker 9: Me and her had the same.
Speaker 10: Interested in these guys.
Speaker 1: She said the night one night, I'm having trouble understanding under her house. Stuck stuck under your house? Are we on speaker? Are we are?
Speaker 4: She's working out?
Speaker 1: Oh, you're working out.
Speaker 3: She's probably got us on our headphones right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, keep going.
Speaker 11: It was just a little better, all right.
Speaker 4: So he snuck into my.
Speaker 10: House, snuck off to my room to sneak me out while she slept in my bed, and then we went less around at the park.
Speaker 4: Ohezkirk.
Speaker 1: And that was your best friend's boyfriend?
Speaker 5: Is she still your best friends?
Speaker 11: In dirty?
Speaker 10: Multiple times?
Speaker 3: She did you dirty multiple times?
Speaker 4: This is your best friend.
Speaker 5: You guys just go back and forth being shady.
Speaker 2: Okay, right, okay, okay, that was weird? Am I dreaming?
Speaker 1: Right now? All right?
Speaker 2: This one is Xbox Revenge. Let's hear your confession.
Speaker 9: Hi, I'm saggy cool.
Speaker 1: When my on.
Speaker 11: I injected water, you poured water in his.
Speaker 9: Xbox, well, I injected it like a ring, so like he wouldn't know.
Speaker 5: Oh, she used a syringe to inject water into Xbox.
Speaker 1: So he went, now did it not? Did it break it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Wow, I love that.
Speaker 4: She just told us her name at the beginning too, So I did not come.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I probably wuldn't come back after that either.
Speaker 2: All right, there's another one. Okay, let's try this. Let's try this one. Poop socks. Let's hear your confession called poop socks.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 9: Hello, I've been hunting and I ended up borrowing.
Speaker 1: My friend's socks because I need some thicker sock.
Speaker 5: But on my.
Speaker 11: Way back from hunting, we had to walk up like.
Speaker 7: A half a mile and I had a poop really bad.
Speaker 11: So I ended up pooping in my friends sucks and.
Speaker 6: Leaving them in the woods. And to this day, my friend can't find their socks.
Speaker 1: Poop socks.
Speaker 4: Why did you not just poop on the ground?
Speaker 1: Good question, Jenny, that's a great question.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to get the ground dirty.
Speaker 9: No, it's just don't feel right.
Speaker 3: Oh, didn't feel I thought it was going to be like you use the sock socks to white.
Speaker 1: That's what I did too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think, like, gosh, you really.
Speaker 4: Have to aim to get the poop into the sock.
Speaker 1: I think you just hold it open, don't you. You pull it up and.
Speaker 3: Like your But I would just like be I don't know socks, she says.
Speaker 4: I'd be worried that I'd missed the sock and hit my hands.
Speaker 1: You got you got it.
Speaker 4: You know exactly where that place is.
Speaker 1: That it's been there my whole life.
Speaker 4: I know we can't see it.
Speaker 1: Yep, if you've bend over far enough you can maybe you can't. You're right, okay, all right, hold on where you get your boobage tickets? All right?
Speaker 2: God, it is a weird ground. We got one more. This one confession is called lawn care. Let's go lawn care confession. What do you got?
Speaker 10: I used to work at a law cair company in twenty twenty three and at a property I drove the lawnmower and the back of somebody's car and put a gollage in.
Speaker 11: The side of it and did not tell anybody.
Speaker 3: So was it one of the like clients you were doing their long care?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 8: That was like a housing property.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what what year was that?
Speaker 8: Don't worry, David. Wasn't anywhere, No.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm just wondering if if it was like fifteen years ago, there was no security cameras. Now we're a ring camera. There's security cameras everywhere. Can't get away with anything years ago? Okay, well, somebody got it on the ring can They just didn't turn in? So all right, Boo Bash tickets?
Speaker 8: You want to go to Boo Bash yeah, I'd love to. I've never been.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get you in. Boo Bash is coming up in is it a week from tonight? Yes night already. If you don't have tickets, don't worry. We got tons of tickets. We're going to be out at the hop House at Mystic Lake. There's let's talk about the costume contest for a saying, because this is really cool. We have three thousand dollars in prizes where we dug up this kind of money. I have no idea me neither. Thanks for probably Mystic Lake for pitching it. We had one thousand dollars for sexiest costume. We're gonna put men and women up there that we're gonna do and most creative like overall, so not a store bought Princess le had a lot of work put in annoying right and then then best group or duo YouTube Bailey and Jenny are a duo.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, Jenny.
Speaker 4: Got hers yesterday. I did.
Speaker 3: I got it into the mail A sent Bailey picture was super hyped. It fits me perfect because I was nervous.
Speaker 4: It looks so good, it looks so nice. So we're excited.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we will see out there. You gotta be at least twenty one years old. When you call the win, we'll put you on the guest list. You don't get an email. You don't get I mean you get an email confirmation, but there's no paper tickets. We're not mail new tickets or emailing new tickets. But if you want to go, we'll have more of those coming up on kd WB. Social media video of the day you find things like yesterday was a guy, it was a woman who's like, here's how you act if you have a crush on a guy named Brian and she was very funny. And today who found the social media video of the day. Hey, because it's something Me and Jenny go back and forth and quote all the time.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is here.
Speaker 2: I can throw it in here for you, Dave, Okay, please do Yeah, here it is the social media.
Speaker 1: Does it need a set up? Jenny?
Speaker 4: Do you want to sell it?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: There's a character on TikTok named Chit, and he very much gives vibes of like the Office. The entire scenes are like views of the office, and so he's very unique and dry but super funny at the same time. Yeah, so here he is explaining something he wrote in a birthday card.
Speaker 1: Lady, on your birthday, do what.
Speaker 4: All of it?
Speaker 1: At lunch? Really all the.
Speaker 2: Time, huh la, Guys, they quote this out of nowhere all the time. Bailey and Jenny will go back and forth and I'm like, what's that from now? I know without even having seen it, I know it's chit well back door, yeah, and then they calculate each.
Speaker 1: Other like.
Speaker 3: We make you watch the videos too, and you think he's funny.
Speaker 2: I like the one where he's like, is there a black person here? And they're like, hit, what do you that's inappropriate? I'm gosh, is there a black person here? And you're like, okay, this is weird. This is a and he's looking for a black.
Speaker 4: Purse and then oh, here it is.
Speaker 1: Then he holds it up and it's a black purse. All right.
Speaker 2: It's kt w B. Let's do Dave's Dirt on the Dave Ryan Shoe one on one point three kd w B. By the way, War of the Roses comes up in about another ten minutes on kt w BE, along with another keyword for Shabrina Carpenter. All right, ed Shearon's written song there probably won't be a hit song on the radio, but third graders will love it.
Speaker 1: It's about brushing your teeth. Here is ed Shearon rush my teeth.
Speaker 5: It's giving my shiny teeth and me from a fairly odd parents.
Speaker 1: I'm liking it a lot.
Speaker 4: Russian my teeth.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 4: I was like, I don't know what that is. I don't.
Speaker 3: So there's a new movie out called Regretting You. It's based off of one of Colleen Hoover's novels, but the cast is pretty star loaded, with Alison Williams and Dave Frankle playing the two main characters in it. But a lot of people are going to premiere tonight. I actually do want to see this movie really badly, but it mostly premieres and night, and then it's out everywhere this weekend, so you can go check that out if you're looking for a new movie to go see.
Speaker 4: It's it's based on two couples.
Speaker 3: They both met their like high school sweethearts, and then one night, one half of each couple gets into a car accident and so they both died, which is in the trailer, so I'm not spoiling anything. So then the other half of each couple ends up having to take care of kids and all of this stuff, and why.
Speaker 4: Was that other couple together that night?
Speaker 3: It's called regretting you because it's two couples and imagine so no, it's it's a movie coming out. So imagine Dave and I are a couple, Bailey and vant a couple. Yeah, one night, vont and I are together, we get in a car accident and we don't know because they die. So now Bailey and Dave have to like pick up the pieces of life and try to figure.
Speaker 4: Out why the hell was Jenny and Vaught out together. Juicy, Yeah, you see juicy.
Speaker 5: Yesterday, Justin Bieber debuted on Twitch and he pledged to stream pretty much every day through April, and the April is when he will be headlining the Coachella Music Festival. So he said he's putting on a hell of a show at Coachella, getting ready and getting inspired, and apparently that means being on Twitch every single day up to that point. Okay, I don't know what he's planning on streaming on Twitch every day. Well, he said pretty much every day is what he plans to do on Twitch, so who knows. Maybe he's just chatting maybe he's playing Fortnite. I guess we'll find out.
Speaker 2: Oh, Bon's on the phone. Okay, so he's apparently taking down Boo Bash Winter. So that's I got to give a shout out to Viv. I got a text message, says my daughter, VIVI asked me to call into you guys every morning, so you can give her a shout out and say hi. She thinks you guys are my BFFs. Well, we kind of are. I mean, if you listen with viv every morning, we kind of are. One of the coolest memories that you will have if you grow up listening to KATWGB is going to school with your mom or drop off or whatever and listening to the Dave Ryan Show on the way into school. People tell us that all the time. And so if you're doing that right now, you are creating memories.
Speaker 4: Have good day at school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you can't switch around to other radio stations or it'll blur that memory.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: You to stay here on one radio station exactly. Miley Cyrus is contributing an original song to Avatar. It's called Fire and Ash. Here's Miley through the Blast.
Speaker 4: Even through the Ashes and the Sky.
Speaker 5: Baby When we Dream, We Dream.
Speaker 1: I kind of like it. Maybe for a soundtrack? Sure, yes, oh yeah, Okay.
Speaker 3: Benson Boone is ready to blast off for one of his most unique shows today because he apparently has a special gig at Florida's Kennedy Space Center, home to some of our most legendary rockets. Benson Boone is going to obviously he's our favorite mystical, magical singer, but Visa and NASA have truly gone above and beyond bringing the show together. And the show is going to be insanely sick, they say, and he says he'll remember it forever. So the show is set for November twenty ninth, and it will be live streamed around the world on TikTok if you want to watch it on TikTok Ooh.
Speaker 5: At the iHeart jingle Ball in Los Angeles, we'll be giving a giving a keyword later for the next ornament yep. Yeah, but for Los Angeles, which is scheduled on December fifth. They just added Hunter Tricks from K Pop Demon Hunters to the lineup. So I'm glad that those those three girls are kind of being you know, put into the world a little bit more though, I don't think they were planning for it, because they every time I see them perform. One, they're very talented, but two they're not like big sparkling stars because to me, they're voice artists. So they're there to like say, bide their voice for the movie, but not necessarily as like as an pop star.
Speaker 1: That's an take.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had no experience as pop stars on stage, so that'll be you. That'll be a lot of rehearsal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, great songs.
Speaker 6: We talk about this beauty pageant blunder yet No, not yet. So you remember Steve Harvey like ten years ago and the whole uh Columbia.
Speaker 1: This is something similar. This is a beauty pageant.
Speaker 6: Miss Panama thought she was about to get announced, but actually wasn't and it was a very awkward moment.
Speaker 1: Here's the audio.
Speaker 6: They said the twenty is miss Good. She started to walk up Panama, congratulations.
Speaker 1: So it's getting awkward. Uh, I beg your partner.
Speaker 8: I announced Miss grad Paraguay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had to tell her to go back.
Speaker 8: There is a lot of noise in this hall hack filled with fans from all over the world.
Speaker 2: So he announced Miss Panama as one of the finalists and he was supposed to say, miss Paraguay.
Speaker 1: Now she messed up.
Speaker 6: He said the correct person, but she thought that it was gonna be her, so she started going up.
Speaker 4: That's like someone saying like and then our winner is Haley Bess and me being like, oh me, me like.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Haley embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Oh no.
Speaker 2: All right, a couple of more stories. We'll get right into a brand new War of the Roses. Victoria Beckham miss seeming to address her husband David Beckham's alleged infedelity.
Speaker 12: Twenty six years, We've had so much, so much thrown at us, and we've always just been there together and just written the storm pretty bad.
Speaker 1: It was very bad.
Speaker 2: I think that I don't think it was a confession of anything like that.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: That is the dirt brought to you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. It is time now for the Sabrina Carpenter keyword.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. Let's take a trip before George.
Speaker 7: She has to want a trip to Los Angeles to see Sabrina Carpenter at one of her sold out shows. Happens now on KDWB Talk. That's the keyword. Please that's please on our iHeartRadio app. Okay, the keyword is please. Open up that iHeartRadio app and tap that red microphone and then just say the keyword is please. And you're in for the drawing to fly off to La, sunny, beautiful, warm La to see Sabrina Carpenter in concert. What a weekend that's gonna be. That's gonna be awesome. So do that. I know you think I'm never gonna win, but you might. The keyword is please on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: And that's all you gonna do is say the keyword is please, Hey, please bring a coat out to Pilgrim Dry Cleaners. I'm gonna be the one in Wysetta today from eleven thirty till one thirty doing coach for kids.
Speaker 1: How many years have we done this, Jenny?
Speaker 4: Quite a few.
Speaker 3: I mean they've been doing it for so so long, and we've been helping out for so many years as well.
Speaker 2: We raised tons of coach. We're way behind on coach because the weather has been so warm in October that people haven't really thought about cold weather and donating coach. So we really got some catching up to do. And as a little incentive if you come by. We got Devannie's pizza gift cards, we got KWB little prizes, and then I've got a copy for anybody who brings at least one coat buy. I like a decent code, don't pull like a ratty windbreaker out of your trunk. But if you bring by a code or two or three, I will get you a copy of my children's book Little Dave's Amazing Day. That's only today from eleven thirty till one thirty at Pilgrim in Wysetta.
Speaker 10: Catti a cheater, one.
Speaker 1: Fake bouquet of roses at a time.
Speaker 4: Four of the Roses stars right now on KTWB.
Speaker 2: Let's jump right into it. Okay, without a further ado, we got Cameron on the phone. Cameron has been listening to KATIBB for a long time. Here, you are a little bit nervous. I would be too, to be on War of the Roses. Cameron, what's going on? Why are you here today? What's up?
Speaker 8: Well? I said, it's about my girlfriend, Haley. I'm just I don't know. I got some strong suspicions that she is I don't know. I cannot doing something with her ex.
Speaker 1: So let's see.
Speaker 8: Haley and I, you know, we've been going I guess through kind of a rough patch. She's been acting pretty weird lately. The department has been pretty low lately. We haven't really you know, touched each other much in the recent le lately. And Okay, and Kyle, she's friends with her ex Kyle. I know this being a little uncomfortable. But then I got some evidence that doesn't look so good to me. So here here's here's what happens. So file. Uh, he's actually he's missing two fingers on his hand. I don't know, some kind of accident like a chainsaw rather when he was younger.
Speaker 2: Oh dang, wow, Okay, all right, so two fingers?
Speaker 1: Can which two fingers were gone?
Speaker 8: I think it's his first two, like the you know, the index and the middle finger, you know, like if you make a piece on that kind of thing, those two fingers. Okay, Uh, he's missing those. And the other morning.
Speaker 1: How do you snap your fingers though? I mean, do you question?
Speaker 2: I mean, how do you like, Let's say you're at a concert and you like want to snap your fingers a poetry reading. You're a poetry reading. Yeah, you can't snap with you? Okay, I'm being silly, trying to light the mood a little bit. Okay, so he's missing two fingers, so the so did what does this have to do with what anything?
Speaker 8: Because because the other morning I'm getting of the shower and I noticed a handprint on the glass shower door, missing the first two fingers. So that's that's not good. And so, you know, I asked her, Hey, was Pyle over here, and she just goes off, Oh my god, no, of course not. What are you talking about. Cale's not over here. You're being crazy blah blah blah blah blah. And it's pretty irrefutable to me. So I thought, maybe we can check it out.
Speaker 1: Well, how do you explain?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, I mean and conceivably I'm trying to think of like touching the shower wall or door door. Yeah, and then you see like a soapy handprint on there. I mean, I guess you could. But at the same time, if I saw a handprint that clearly showed two fin was it on the correct hand?
Speaker 1: That's a question.
Speaker 5: Even so why is it I'm there in the first place missing two fingers.
Speaker 1: There's not that many likely suspects.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well no, but if he's missing which which hand is he missing the two fingers.
Speaker 8: On it's the right hand, and I don't know if he's right hand. I think he is. It's the one you'd open the door with, So it seem pretty obvious to me.
Speaker 5: I feel like, well, she's either hooked up with her ex or a different guy.
Speaker 4: Who happens to be missing.
Speaker 1: The first of his own.
Speaker 2: I think there might be maybe a logical explanation, but there is definitely almost a surefire way to find out if she picks him for the overnight vacation or stay or whatever Jenny's gonna promise with this fake ploy. Then if she picks him, then well, it worries me definitely that she you have not touched each other in a long time. Now, that's a sign right there. So that could be something somebody's unhappy about something, so.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean that needs to be worked out, but not by you know, if she's doing whatever she's stilling with file.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are you gonna do, Jenny? What are you gonna get it? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I'll offer her some nice little staycation because I feel like, I don't know, maybe she wants to go into a shower with someone else in a different hotel room and leave some handprints somewhere else.
Speaker 2: All right, We don't mean to laugh at your dilemma here, because you know, we know it's serious. But I will tell you we've never had missing fingers on War of the Roses before everything, never had that one. All right, hang on for a second, Cameron. We'll make the phone call to what's your girl's name?
Speaker 8: Her name is Haley.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll call Haley in a second and see who she wants to spend like a little staycation weekend get away, and it it had better be you, not what's.
Speaker 1: The guy's name?
Speaker 8: His name is Kyle.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll make the phone call. We could doze, we could on the time to pull out those receipts.
Speaker 7: Part two or the Roses starts right now on KDWB.
Speaker 2: You know, you never know what's going to give it away when you got something secretive going on. So first of all, it's a couple and they haven't been intimate in some time. Okay, well that can be a red flag, but there's also other reasons maybe whatever. But then he's looking at the shower door and I'm picturing like a glass shower door that swings open. Yeah, and her boyfriend is missing two fingers.
Speaker 1: Did she say which hand?
Speaker 5: She said the piece hand, but her peace side hand, the right hand, the right hand.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he notices a handprint on the shower door that very distinctly does not have the first two fingers. So I want you to push on something and not put your two first fingers down. Yeah, Okay, it doesn't feel very natural, does it.
Speaker 5: It feels like I'm a muppet or I have little like alien hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he's wondering, has this guy been in their shower that would be bad?
Speaker 1: And his name the guy, the ex's name is Kyle. Okay, so if she picks Kyle, then the problem. Let's make the phone call.
Speaker 3: Hailey, thanks for doing the survey with me. As a thank you, like I told you, we have a little fun stayation weekend that we're giving you and it involves going to which is a beautiful hotel. I mean you're going to have a nice little hot tub in your hotel room. There's a workout fitness center and a pool and all that stuff, so you'll really enjoy this day. What I am wondering first is I have your information we do have to know if you're bringing someone along with you, what the name of that person will because we got to put them on the reservation as well.
Speaker 11: Oh I mean yeah, I was planning a bit like you don't need my credit card or anything, right, that's just like free, right.
Speaker 3: Yes, completely free.
Speaker 11: Oh okay, then so we like neither one of us is going to get charged or anything for this, right, Nope, just need the person that you want to bring with you. And just to be clear, when is it for.
Speaker 3: We have quite a few open dates, so it pretty much just has to be used by the end of twenty twenty five, so by the end of the year, but we can work around your schedule and whatever we have available.
Speaker 11: Oh okay, yeah, I would like to bring my boyfriend, Cameron.
Speaker 3: Cameron, okay, perfect. I love that you're bringing your boyfriend. You guys are gonna have so much fun together.
Speaker 11: I mean, I hope he enjoys it, Like I think we're gonna have a great time, and you know, this will be a nice little surprise for him, so I hope. So, I hope he really likes it.
Speaker 2: Well, you sound excited about this one, and so let me explain what's going on and let you down easy. It is the whole thing that you just heard. There's the survey and the hotel and everything is is not real, Hayley, It is it is. It's yeah, it's KTWB. My name's Dave and I work over at KATWB Radio. And that was Jenny from KTWB and we were put up to this to call you to see if you would choose a weekend with Cameron.
Speaker 1: Or a guy named Kyle.
Speaker 11: Wait what Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Know it's always a kind of a hard pill to swallow. So I'm on the phone right now. I'm talking with Cameron, and Cameron told us the story and I know this is all a lot to absorb it once, but Cameron called our show and he wanted us to call you. He told us the story about how there has been a whole lot of romance in the relationship lately, and then the handprint, you know what I'm talking about, the handprint on the shower door.
Speaker 8: Hayley. Why don't you just admit that you had Kyle over. That's your chance, go ahead, just admit it.
Speaker 9: Cameron.
Speaker 11: Is that you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's thanks Cameron. I didn't get a chance to say, yeah, he's on the phone too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know he was. It's so obvious.
Speaker 11: So why this is your chance?
Speaker 8: I halely just admit that he was over.
Speaker 9: Okay, I can't, Karen, this is not you were absolutely crazy. Okay, was Kyle over or not?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Kyle came. He had a situation where his hot water heater went down and he needed to take a shower.
Speaker 9: So I said, fine, go ahead, not a problem. Like I didn't want to say anything because you freak out every time you mentioned Kyle, like now now here we are, here, we go.
Speaker 8: It's a hot water eater? Was so you invite him over to your place to take a shower? I don't know. Maybe there was another option, like his friend or his mother or I don't know, a hotel. Why are you inviting Kyle over when his hot water eater is out? That's not right. It's just that I don't know.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I'm just being polite.
Speaker 5: It doesn't no big deal.
Speaker 9: I don't know what you think it's happening.
Speaker 1: Is an ex? I don't know?
Speaker 8: Am I crazy?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 1: I don't know you at all?
Speaker 3: Inappropriate? Yeah, I have your ex over, like, especially not to do something like showering And where were you.
Speaker 1: What were you doing when he shower? Good question, thank you?
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Work is garden work slang for something we just don't know yet, work in that garden.
Speaker 2: All right, Yeah, well you can see why, you know what I'll be I'll be honest with you, Haley. I'm not here to play mediator, but I think the only reason for your actually come over is he has to return your you know, scrabble game that he had borrowed or whatever, but not to come over to take a shower. To be like, I'm sorry, Kyle, I think there's a little bit too much closeness to come over to take a shower.
Speaker 4: I mean, she still picked Cameron though, for the overnight's.
Speaker 1: Day, so you're on team Haley.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just saying that, like it's she might not.
Speaker 1: Be cheating, but still it's still a weird to be cheating, but it's still weird to do.
Speaker 9: I am definitely not cheating. I love you, Cameron, although right now it's a little questionable, like this is ridiculous, this is coral.
Speaker 8: We got to talk this, We got to talk this through.
Speaker 11: I mean, we are definitely.
Speaker 1: Going to talk about this text messages. She's lying.
Speaker 2: I don't think there's any This is what I would do if somebody said, hey, Dave, like my ex from years ago, said my shower's not working, can I come over and take a shower? And be like, am I your first choice? I mean it's random, I'm your first choice? Aren't there many other people? Wouldn't you even rather go to a motel room or down to the gym. Yeah, and take a shower down to the gym, Go to a truck stop. You can take a shower for five dollars at a truck stop.
Speaker 5: This text says when a woman's voice gets that squeaky, she was getting down.
Speaker 4: With the freaky deeky. Yes, the change in pitching her voice gives it all away.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't blame him at all for being suspicious, and I don't think that there's any good excuse. Is what would happen Jenny? If somebody said, Okay, hey Jenny, we used to date like five years ago. My shower's not working. Can I come over and take a show?
Speaker 3: It would probably be like, no, find a different place to take a shower. What I would it's that or I would assume that they're trying to get it on with me. Obviously, and so then I'd be like, am I interested in that? And then maybe I do say yes.
Speaker 5: You know, someone said because she said she was doing garden work in the backyard that she must be busy being a hoe hoe.
Speaker 2: All right, what do you think? War of the Roses on KATIEBB. If you want to hear classic episodes, you can hear them on the iHeartRadio app. Just searched Dave Ryan War of the Roses. Hey, one more thing. A lot of people maybe not know about this. We have a podcast after the show's called The Minnesota Goodbye and it's just random stuff that we don't get to talk about on the radio, and we get to be a little bit more I don't know, free wheeling, and we read emails in It's a whole lot of fun. Minnesota Goodbye. Every day, search Minnesota Goodbye on iHeartRadio. While you're on your phone, look up something Vaunt said that he would never do. Spawn Yesterday he was yapping about how it's dumb to have a social media account for your pet. Remember this, I don't know. I had a clip of it a minute ago, and I don't see it now I have it.
Speaker 6: I think it's a little lame if you have a Instagram page for your pet, looking at you, Dave Ryan, Yep, Dave has two It's just like, why they don't need that. Clearly they're not posting these things, not even twenty four hours ago.
Speaker 1: And that was twenty four hours ago.
Speaker 2: But now this this morning, we wake up and Vaunt's dog, Ava's got an Instagram page.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, I fell for it because she's just the cutest thing in the world.
Speaker 6: So if you want to go follow my girl, It's Ava Girley on Instagram.
Speaker 4: We're up to one hundred and nineteen follow us bad.
Speaker 1: You were at eighty one this morning, so not bad. I think we can make it the two hundred.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe if we make it to two hundred, she might make a post.
Speaker 5: Make a post.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Ava Girley on Instagram.
Speaker 5: Remember if CAP's name is taken yet on Instagram, I.
Speaker 6: Have to find a couple of different user names to get to Ava's Instagram name.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you were saying it's Ava Girl, and it's funny to me that it's Ava girl was taken already.
Speaker 1: And then Ava Girl was taken. But yeah, it's Ava Girley, Go follow her. What are you gonna do CAP since well I don't cap like Katie Cap. Yeah, like CAP. I mean, what if CAP isn't taken? Just see it. I'll bet it's taken, I know. But what if it is, it's go check it out.
Speaker 2: You are never more than thirty minutes away from flying off to Sabrina Carpenter. We'll give youn know the keyword coming up in a few minutes. If you're going, I can't listen that much longer, give me ten twelve more minutes. I'll get you a keyword so you can get another chance to win that trip to sunny warm Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: What is it right now? It's thirty four degrees you guys call thirty four degrees?
Speaker 4: Oh my Gard's all right? I feel like it's gonna die.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I guess probably at this point. Yeah, no, actually I think so. So listen to the keyword coming up and now ten minutes on Katie WB.
Speaker 5: Today on the Daily Bailey, I'm asking the question what feels like home to you? Because the cold weather and the darkness, everything's got me looking for some comfort and what is more comfortable than home? So you can text in your idea of what home is to you to five three nine two one, and we're gonna go.
Speaker 1: Around the horn here. Can you even example the lead to guide us a little bit?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So my idea of home is a bowl of warm soup being in the presence of my mother. Oh, okay, potential cable TV, I don't know. For some reason, watching something with commercials feels like a home sort of thing to me, and then a cat on my lap that is home to me. I feel like I would feel safe in that space with my mom, a cat, and a bowl of soup. And it's not necessarily like the most ideal place I could be, but it is a great idea of home. Dave, do you have an idea of what home is?
Speaker 1: Tea?
Speaker 2: I do something warm and delicious smelling in the crock pot. I made garlic lemon butter chicken over the other way. The recipe in the video is on my Instagram and it was probably my favorite one I've ever made, and the whole house filled with that lemony, buttery, chickeny flavor. Just imagine when you were a kid, like if your mom made chicken noodle soup. Yes, that's kind of what it smelled like. So I would say that maybe with a college football game on in the background, and it's kind of snowy and cold outside, but you're inside. You get a fire going in the fireplace and you're watching the Gophers win. And that is that feels like home.
Speaker 4: That's lovely. I think that's beautiful, Jenny. What feels like home to you?
Speaker 12: Home?
Speaker 3: It's definitely sitting on the couch in my sunroom because I adore that room with all of my heart. I spend no time in any other room pretty much besides that or my bedroom and laying there watching some really bad reality TV like Love is Blind, and cuddled up with the heater on. But it's still fall it's not quite winter yet, and the leaves are falling, so I can look out and see leaves falling from my big oak tree in the backyard, and yeah, probably have one of my favorite candles burning, and then maybe like a big old bag of chips from Costco on my lap.
Speaker 1: Very nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so lovely. Well is your idea of home?
Speaker 6: Sorry not to yuck, you're you can, Jenny say her sun roof, because that home well, no, yeah, but it's.
Speaker 1: What feels like home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And if the sun room is the most feels like home.
Speaker 1: Space in the home. Yeah, okay, just making sure. What about you.
Speaker 6: The smell of ribs because it's a recipe my mom passed down to me. It's like this grill mate's McCormick Memphis Pit barbecue ribs. It's a rub, but the smell of it illuminating through the room because my mom used to make it when I was younger. And then watching Law and Order SVU because I used to sleep at the edge of my parents' bed back when they were married to each other, and they used to put it on so I could fall asleep, but then I ended up just staying up watching it myself. That's why I have an affinity toward it. And then I would This is something else that feels like home. My college radio station because I was there more than any other place, more than my dorm when I was in college.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's where I made a lot of my friends.
Speaker 6: I used to do shows and I used to just I literally slept there for days.
Speaker 1: Whenever we had like live music marathons. Feels like home to me.
Speaker 5: A lot of some text messages coming in where my husband is feels like home to me.
Speaker 4: Shout out Dallas, happy first year of marriage.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great, he says.
Speaker 5: Laying on my grandparents' couch watching the Vikings play with a fire burning in the fire.
Speaker 1: Port Ooh that's nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, watching the office feels like home. And you know what, Yes, I agree, home is where your cat is. This tech says, I agree with that as well. This one says, home to me is a combination of my husband and the smell of fresh laundry. So his natural body smell to me, smells like fresh laundry, the kind of smell that you can smell outside when someone has something going on in Okay, I get that.
Speaker 4: That feels like home to them.
Speaker 5: Wow, aren't we all feeling cozy like a hug on this cold fall day.
Speaker 4: Thank you for coming to the Daily Band.
Speaker 1: Thank you Bailey.
Speaker 2: All Right, you are now about seven minutes away from your next keyword for Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 1: Stay here. So I don't want to sound morose or anything, but there.
Speaker 2: I was on Facebook back a couple of days ago and one of the guys that that I went to school with one year before me, he died. Oh and so people were like out pouring this sympathy of oh he was such a great guy. He was so funny and whatever. He was very unhealthy. He was a very large guy, and I don't know if he smoked. He just didn't look healthy. And so he died. But I don't have good memories of this guy. This guy got a little story about this guy, and I'm not here to bad mouth the guy. So when I was in about tenth grade, he was a year ahead of me, and he was like a popular football player and he was handsome back then, and so he thought that he would choose me to pick on. And I was like kind of shy and you know, hung out with my dopey friends. I had friends. I wasn't like a loan or anything. Yeah, but he chose me to pick on. I don't know if you've ever been picked on in school, but it's the worst, most humiliating thing, because not only are they picking on you and bullying you, everybody's.
Speaker 1: Watching, yeah and laughing as well.
Speaker 2: I'm laughing, yeah, And I think that's one of the reasons bullies do it, because if you get a bully alone, usually they're suddenly nicer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they have an audience, and then that's exactly it.
Speaker 1: So when I found out that he died.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel any like, you know whatever, didn't really anymore. No, yeah, no, but I don't think I've ever told you the story about when he kept bullying me and picking on me. I've never told you the story of what I did. This went on for weeks and it was awful. And I remember one time he was behind me and he was tearing up little teeny tiny pieces of paper and his friend, another cool football players of they all the football players wore their jerseys on game day, and they're a wearing their jerseys.
Speaker 1: I can still picture me.
Speaker 2: He's behind me, he's tearing up little pieces of paper, and his friend goes, what are you doing, John, And he's like, I'm gonna make it snow on Dave's head. So he was sprinkling snow on my head. Oh, and I couldn't really do anything about it because you know, I was one hundred and thirty pounds and he was a football player.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't that day, but a few days later, the football coach was the counselor for one of the grades, I don't remember which. So I went to the counselor's office and you could say I narked on him, but I wanted to do something, so I said mister Barnett, who later became the coach of Northwestern University. Mister Barnett, this guy it's on your football team is making my life miserable. And he's like, you know, making me feel stupid and making me feel small. And he's like, are you kidding? You're serious?
Speaker 1: And I'm like yeah. He's like, I'll talk to him.
Speaker 2: And the next day, this guy John comes up to me, either before class or after and he's like, I'm so sorry. Oh, I didn't mean to make you feel stupid. I'm really sorry. I hope you accept my apology. And I thought that was really cool that apparently the football coach was such an influence on this kid.
Speaker 1: Then instead of.
Speaker 2: Going, yeah, screw him, he's a nerd, that he actually came and apologized.
Speaker 5: Does this apology seem like genuine or totally like once genuine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, with man maybe one percent forced to do it. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Like that.
Speaker 2: I think that the football coach had such an influence on this kid that he's like, he made him feel stupid. You're gonna pick on a shy kid that's one hundred and thirty pounds, Yeah, Why what don't we teach you better than that?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just thought was really interesting. Huh.
Speaker 5: And but then this this guy that came to apologize to you, that bullied you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now he's he's died.
Speaker 3: He did what he did, Okay, well outside of him being passed away, Now was he nice to you from then on?
Speaker 8: Once?
Speaker 2: I don't think we interacted at all. I was not in his circle, left alone, kind of.
Speaker 1: Let me alone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So how do you feel about it now? Like seeing that he's he has died, the.
Speaker 2: Real him, I don't know who the real him was, And I don't really care. Was the real him the bully or was the real him the apologetic kid?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't know, and I don't care. I don't rent out space in my head to something that happened so long ago. And I think that's one thing that people do. Like I've got a sister, and I'm not gonna name which she rents out space in her head for things that happened when she was like twelve years old.
Speaker 1: It didn't even happen to her. That eats up too. What do you mean?
Speaker 5: I just I can't imagine being upset over something that's happened in the past, or even something that's happening right now.
Speaker 4: If that's taking up all of your brain.
Speaker 5: Space, is being upset about something, it's like a poison.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah.
Speaker 2: And that's what I told my sister because we were, you know, visiting the other night and she is still traumatized about some things that she saw when and it's like that happened so long ago, and it didn't happen to you. At some point, you're not a kid anymore. You're not even a young adult. At some point you've got to decide do you think you can to just let it go.
Speaker 4: I feel like it depends on what it is.
Speaker 1: And it was, to be honest with you, it wasn't that bad.
Speaker 2: It'd be like if me like still carried around something about getting picked on in tenth grade, I don't care.
Speaker 4: They're like they made a snow on my head.
Speaker 1: All right. I just wanted to share that story.