Speaker 1: On air at am five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 1: You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros, Papaday guests left school after sixth grade and the voice of the Bolts not money Smith.
Speaker 2: The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 1: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app. Maybe she had huge nipples.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is Ryan from nickelback right. You see the march. It couldn't be anything else.
Speaker 1: Bing a my jingy thingam jingy thing? The thing a much dingle, mrjingy? Do you like skin products? Lovely smile? Okay, you're telling me there's not one person who can struck a twenty million dollar check right now. One Cain said he was ables keeper. Are those our only two choices? Keeper or killer?
Speaker 2: Gong it out me Petrosen Money seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Final hour of our three hour show, first pitch from the gallpin Ford Broadcast Booth at seven ten pm tonight Dodgers versus Guardians. Dodgers on deck coming up in less than an hour. We are your home of the back to back World Series champion Dodgers. It could be heard on the iHeartRadio app for free, as can the Petros and Money Show streaming in the moment, or subscribe to the podcast, listen to past shows interviews again, everything there is free.
Speaker 1: And tonight, a very excited Yoshi Yamamoto inspired Yoshi Super Mario Brothers bobblehead that is already fetching two hundred and fifty dollars on the open market. Forty thousand people are going to get them. Otani is pitching. It is a veritable who's who in the world of Jeff Japan, Nintendo Heads, Dodger fans, and Cleveland Guardian fans like Randy Quaid from Major League two. They're all coming together tonight in an amazing collaboration two nights, so we all look forward to it. But right now, at his time for the final our fun fat.
Speaker 3: In effect, it's the Yeah We're three.
Speaker 1: Fun fun fact.
Speaker 2: It's brought to you by Concordia University. You're Vines Masters in Coaching and Athletics Administration Program classes in the program, top by many the top sports leaders in California, like the state director of the CIAIA, a number of Hall of Fame high school yeah and college coaches and administrators. You will be mentored by the best. Get all of the information at CUI dot edu slash coaching athlete salaries your final hour. Fun fact, big talking point these days. Jackson Smith and Jigba just got forty one and a half million bucks. Stephen Curry, stop talking about that. That's a big one. Steph Curry makes sixty mil per season. O Tani seventy mil per season. Christiano Ronaldo crushes them all with his Saudi blood money two hundred and fifty million per season salary. But they all paal Pe. They pale in comparison to the top charioteers during the Roman Empire second century CE. The greatest of them all, Lews Sustainia's Gaeis Apalais Diocles earned thirty five million sester over his twenty four year career, adjusted for ten a day, fifteen billion dollars.
Speaker 1: Amazing, and that he garnered that much Roman currency even though he was gayus because there was well there, you know, I mean, there's still a lot of there's still a lot of misunderstanding back then.
Speaker 2: And now, what's fifteen bill gonna buy you? Back then?
Speaker 1: The best stitches after after you fall and we're trampled by a horse.
Speaker 2: A couple little boys over there.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean you have whatever you want. It's like Spartacus, blood and sand, just orgies everywhere, and that he was gayus y all right, it is time for quick hits, everybody, some quick hits.
Speaker 3: I make it quick, y'all.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Dodgers are at home tonight versus the Cleveland Guardians. Showy Altani's on the mound. It's Yoshi Amamodo babble head domes. Hey, you Tiger Woods could use a little cheering up. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He pleaded not guilty to his dewey from last week. The details continue to roll out from the rollover crash in Florida. He told authorities he was looking down.
Speaker 1: At he he popped out of his range rover like a guy popping out of a submarine, you know, on the side, like hello.
Speaker 2: He said he was looking at his cell phone and changing the radio station in his SUV when he got into the accident. Police say when he was questioned that he had bloodshot eyes, was sweating, and when asked if he took prescription medication, he told police officers, I'll take a few. Upon a search, police found two hydrocodone pills in his pocket. I like to carry a couple of spare in my pocket just in case an emergency arises. What I do is I put it in a coin pocket.
Speaker 1: Just when reality starts to edge its way in I reach Tiger Woods, of course put out a statement saying he's stepping away from golf for some help. He probably the right thing to do. It's a beautiful looking statement with the stationary and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, the TGR and the thing, and I do the stuff for the kids.
Speaker 1: I did think that it wasn't necessary to be like you said, and I will be getting seeking help. Thank you for all your prayers. And then he wrote Tiger Woods, and then he wrote.
Speaker 2: A necessary in order for me to prioritize my well being and work towards lasting recovery, healthier, stronger personally, professionally.
Speaker 1: And then he said, my deepest regret is missing Yoshi Babblehead night at Dodger Stadium, Tiger Woods signing off. The Lakers are forty nine and twenty six. Their winners are twelve of the last thirteen three seed in the West. They're at home tonight, both Cleveland teams in town. Next thing you know, the Browns are gonna come around the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Lakers were a win last night over the hapless Wizards. JJ Reddick post game on the wind and on and his triple double.
Speaker 4: It was just a strange start offensively for us, and then outside of some turnovers in the third quarter, I thought it was I thought it was a good.
Speaker 1: Offensive night for us.
Speaker 5: When you're in the moment coaching like you wore tonight, are you able to enjoy le Bron James to marvel what he does out there?
Speaker 4: I enjoy all of our quest shit, it's just not all the time.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's come on a triple double night that at forty one years old, another one that's pretty majistic. How about that.
Speaker 4: I'll just say he's very praiseworthy. I don't know what else to say about him at this point. I've tried to give every version of the same soliloquy on his longevity. But I don't have anything for you tonight.
Speaker 2: But if you did what did maybe you could come up with a separate soliloquy that I could pull a quote from to write my Lebron James is remarkable at age forty one piece for the thirtieth time this season. As we discussed a little bit earlier, it's I hate it, man, I hate it. I can see it. It is all lining up. It is all lining up, and he is going to be back, just when we thought we were going to be rid of him.
Speaker 1: Then why do they keep putting Bronni in to try to create all these weird this is your life moments.
Speaker 2: So he can shoot two for ten. They can be like, hey, we got to get rid of this guy, Lebron, you want to come back? Come back? I don't know, man, I'm looking at ESPN dot com right now. Main story, Yeah, Lebron James, real scour on his face, like he looks tough.
Speaker 3: Six free agency options for Lebron, according to NBA coaches, execs and scouts, Lakers, Calves, Warriors, a wild card, wildcard before Lebron makes his decision this time.
Speaker 1: God make its Tom.
Speaker 2: I can't hit four of this free agency time. And see that's another piece of the of the Lebron pie Hey, hey ESPN guy, can you write a I've got all these options and the Lakers will be lucky to have me back. So they're going to try to preemptive strike and get me wrapped up before I can even hit the mark at mcmannimon write it now. Now, I say.
Speaker 1: Your hands on momming fast enough, Beardie, do it.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: The Clippers are thirty nine and thirty six. Winners, are five in a row. They're holding onto the eighth seed in the West. Seven games left in the regular season. They're at home tonight versus the Blazers. We got it on AM eleven fifty for you clip ship Heads and the bat. The Basketball Hall of Page was announced. Clipper Nation cares, okay, hello, hello the Basketball hof Matt.
Speaker 2: Yes, remember it is not the National Basketball Association Hall of Fame. It is the Basketball Hall of Fame. All ballers are welcome. Former star Amari Stoudemayer is going in. When I think of Hall of famers, I think of Amar Stoudemayer, former Clippers head coach and current Bucks head coach Doc Rivers. Now, when I think of guys that have maximized their team's potential in postseasons, I think of Doc Rivers, He's going into the Hall of Fame. Not to mention a pair of w NBA players, Oh, Candice Parker, Elena Deladane Deladon exactly right, and Gunz a head coach Mark Few How about that group.
Speaker 3: ESPN's front story earlier said Parker and dele Adon headline, Dela Donnie headline. Okay, Deledon headline hall of Fame class.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the headliner for me.
Speaker 1: She deserves your respect. I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm giving her my respect. Can make a case that Kandas Parker is far and away the most accomplished of that group.
Speaker 1: Well, there you go. That's why they headline the class, not Amari Staudemayer or Doc Rivers, who has maximized all the potential of the world out of his team book.
Speaker 2: My ticket to Paducah. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Big weekend at Jackie Robinson Matt Yes. Number one UCLA takes on number eight USC in a three game series Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. The games are already sold out. Hopefully we will talk to USC head coach Andy Stankowitz either tomorrow or Thursday. Here on The Petris of Money Show, Tim Kates is hot on his trail and he does not want to be denied, and if he is, he might change his attitude towards usc baseball.
Speaker 2: In time final and sticking with the amateur theme, p the final four, of course, is set a great collection of men's basketball finalist Yukon via Illinois, Arizona VI Michigan, Saturday Indianapolis. We will have those games. Oh yeah on our sister station AM eleven to fifty on Saturday, the National Championship game on Monday, also on our sister station AM eleven fifty.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And while mc cronin did not make the cutpee, the Ladies are in the final four.
Speaker 1: That's right. Texas handed UCLA. It's only lost this season and UCLA is advancing to play Texas on Friday night in Poenix. Hook him. If the Lady Bros. Yeah, the Lady Ones win, they will play either Yukon.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, they.
Speaker 1: Are the don Stalies in Sunday's National Championship game. That's pretty exciting.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: I think Corey closest attractable attractive Lady Matt. There's an NFL referee impass.
Speaker 2: Yes, uh, they are at an impass. The ref union, the league So today the NFL voted to approve a one year policy that would assist replacement refs to correct clear and obvious mist calls during a game. What does that mean? Means we don't trust these guys, and it goes back to what we discussed yesterday with the fail Mary in Seattle. You will allow the command center to overturn crappy calls from refs that aren't qualified to be out there because of the impass with the current referee union. That means the folks in New York will have the ear of the on field officials and they will be able to take care of missed calls. It also allows the replay center flags down on plays as well. That was not part of the original proposal. It applies to whether the usual refs or replacement refs are on the field. So a little bit more of the college model going forward, where the command center can have a little bit more power stop the game and make sure the calls are.
Speaker 1: Right, fair enough, fair enough. That sounds fair to me. He'll be back with the top story of the day. Matt has some thoughts on the Dodgers. Global thoughts on the Dodge Matt money Smith with his thoughts Lawyers, Doawyers. Matt money Smith with his own thoughts on the Dodgers. Next on Yoshi Night.
Speaker 2: This is petro Send money, Demand, Demand, Demand Demand.
Speaker 1: It's Yoshi Night at Dodger Stadium. First forty thousand get the Yoshi bobblehead. But Shoe Otani, Shoe Aotani is gonna pitch. That is always as pause for celebration. Bull If you didn't think Dodger Stadium would be popping off on a Tuesday night to play the clevelandy Guardians, you're wrong. Yeah, because Yoshi's in the house and the bibblehead for the movie and Shoe Aotani's pitching. Happy Tuesday every day.
Speaker 2: A up, What a time, What a double up opportunity for the people out there.
Speaker 1: Get to the pregame show at six.
Speaker 2: I know some people showed up yesterday for their rings. You know, we should have showed up today due to the Petrosen money show from the suite so we could have got our Yoshi bobbleheads.
Speaker 1: It's all it's all spilled milk crying, as as Tyler would say. Yeah, but right now it is time for the top story of.
Speaker 2: The day to you know, right how about that stance. All right, I'm gonna chalk it up as a win.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Had Sasaki lasted one and two thirds given up four, the Dodgers win the game six to four as fastball tops out at ninety five flat.
Speaker 1: And Puss.
Speaker 2: Today would have been all about sending Rokie down. It's not gonna shake out.
Speaker 1: I mean you could be like that next week, you know, I mean this is a very yeah.
Speaker 2: But you know, for the time being, we gotta do a daily show here, Pete.
Speaker 1: I know what I'm saying, you know, is where we could be that far off from that narrative. But but not.
Speaker 2: Today, not today, Not today, Fred, Not today, we would have been talking about how it was a wasted exercise to keep him on the opening day roster. High song Kim wrote that impassioned apology letter for not making the opening day roster. As he continues to rake at triple A Rableski, we'd be saying was better as your sixth starter and the long man. Some guys can make the transitions, some can't. Put him in the bullpen. That's best case scenario now moving forward for Rokie. But instead here we are the Dodgers suffer their first loss of the season, not because of pitching, because they can't hit. It's been an issue here to start the season. Otani two for twelve, Freddy three for sixteen, he's got ophers in three of his four games, Mookie and Kyle Tucker each three for fifteen, ti Oscar two for fourteen. Not one of those guys is hitting over two hundred. Otani at one sixty seven right now, not a single RBI, not one. So you can bitch about that, which I feel like we do at times through the course of the season.
Speaker 1: You kind of just did yeah, or you just say.
Speaker 2: Early, it'll come around out. But we don't do that with pitching. For whatever reason. Hitters we say, let's averages, it'll come around, you know, slow start. But when pitchers give stuff up early, HiT's a boy. Well who we got sitting down there? What about this River Ryan? What about this Jackson Ferris? Is there is there somebody out there? They always managed to make a trade here early on and scoop a starter up off of team's back end of their roster. But for whatever reason, we allow the hitters time time to figure it out and instead pee today.
Speaker 1: To send Freddy Freeman Dowet.
Speaker 2: This guy can't be hitting second. This guy's got to hit eighth. Now he's got he's got to hit seventh or ninth. Uh, let's celebrate the first five innings of this game, zero run support. Rokie got out there for four, touched one hundred on the fastball new Cutter was working, got some swinging miss on that.
Speaker 1: Well. Matt thinking that it's Yoshi and Yamamoto is gonna be out there, thrown out a first pitch, you know, likely a guy in a costume or a girl, and then show Hal Toddi's pitching. It would be a terrible thing for the Japanese to have that negativity, can have it, to have those nefarious seeds about sending Roki Sasaki down. I mean, he's on that mural in Torrents.
Speaker 2: What are they gonna do with those chawmin burritos? That right?
Speaker 1: And what are they gonna do with the three what.
Speaker 2: Is it Chinese foodos? You can tell me again, what are they gonna do with them?
Speaker 1: Huh? You tell me they gonna do with the mural in Torrents. Rokie's up there with Yoshi, right and show Hick so he.
Speaker 2: Touched touched the hunter p Cutter swinging, miss scattered for it's two walks, two strikeouts, just a single run. He's got the same case per nine as Yamamoto and Glass. Now he's got a two two five era. He does need to control the ball better. Only fifty percent first pitch strikes only forty five seventy eight again fifty seven percent overall, fifty percent first pitch not great. Robleski will get to him in a minute. Was worse, but beyond Rokie? How about Petrosen? Money favorite? Tanner Scott. Three appearances, three nails, performances this, Where do you get all this time? Sixteen pitches?
Speaker 1: How do you look at the beer?
Speaker 2: Twelve for strikes?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: That's the trick, taking them all out of the house every now and then I'll catch my reflection in the darkened window.
Speaker 1: Don't duck and run away.
Speaker 2: Uh he inherits a runner, runner, steal, second, gives up a single, He's got first and third, nobody out. This last year was melt down, Tanner Sky territory one run game. Dodgers offense can overcome a one run deficit, no problem, Tanner Scott? Can you keep it close? So I decided to look back one year and the answer was an emphatic no, he couldn't. March twenty seventh, one hit, one run aloud, March twenty eighth, three hits, one run aloud, March thirty first donger, one run allowed, blown saves. He ended the month of March with an ERA of six seven to five. Instead, last night, in his third appearance this season, after allowing just his first hit of the year, and those three appearances, it's dial Man three pitch strikeout all gas ninety five, ninety six, ninety six, got an O two count on the next hitter again, first and third, one out. Now guy battles the next couple of pitches, He gets an infield pop out, Martinez still stuck at third, nowhere to go. And then with two outs oh Man Tanner Scott was feeling himself. Petros Money show Stop started pitching instead of just giving him the heat meat mixed in a pair of sliders, got the strikeout on a ninety seven mile an hour for Seemer. Now maybe Tanner Scott's back on the mountain tonight things could change. But right now, instead of hitting April with a seventy ra straight zero's one single hit, zero walks three strikeouts, has faced just one over the minimum. Huge win for the Dodgers. Sasaki's gonna get another start. Obviously, you would guess he's now got a little bit of confidence. I believe it was Fred Rogan that made the proclamation that Roki just had to prove it to himself.
Speaker 1: Actually, Fred was saying, the Dodgers know he's not a starter, and they know he's gonna blow it, and he's gonna go prove that he's gonna blow it. Oh, because he doesn't understand. He needs to show him. He needs to be shown that he's not ready because they promised him that he could be a starter. So they need to let him go out there and make a mess of himself and then the Dodgers can do what they want with him, which is move him to the bullpen.
Speaker 2: I believe that was that's a bad take right there. That's terrible take. That's take get you, you know, thrown off the stubborn. He wants to be a starter, and the Dodgers are like, fine, go ahead, see what happens. Don't blame us. Smoke the whole carton, rookie.
Speaker 1: You want to drink, here's a bottle of Kessler.
Speaker 2: His next start is going to be in DC against the Nationals. The Curly Dubs give it to me down Pennsylvania Avenue.
Speaker 1: It's the land of the Curlyly w to get on down to Nasonal Park.
Speaker 2: Their new menu item P is brilliant. It is not some schlocky carnival style. If you ate this, you need to sleep for three hours to recover.
Speaker 1: Like Washington.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was looking through the new menu items.
Speaker 1: At Nationals Park.
Speaker 2: They have what I think might be a big winner.
Speaker 1: Sunny Days after Dog.
Speaker 2: Instead of going like crazy super sweet, hey hey, red white, Washington went savory. Inspired by the Washington Monument, they built the DC Monument Chicken Tower. It's a little bit of a mouthful. I think they could have consolidated some words there.
Speaker 1: How do you build a one like we're talking to Jefferson Memorial.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you how they built it. Bottom bun, grilled chicken, gruyere, cheese, smoke, bacon, mixed greens, chipotle, ranch sauce, soft pretzel bun on top, and then a tower of three girkin pickles I know you do, stacked one on top of it, another threaded by a giant spear through the chicken sandwich. It's not like, you know, oh, here's six deep fried tenders marinated in maple syrup with a churo.
Speaker 1: But I mean that beats what I was selling earlier last hour.
Speaker 2: It's just like, hey, this is gonna be a really good chicken sandwich.
Speaker 1: Man, what is it like? Does it look like the Capitol Building?
Speaker 2: I think the idea is that it's supposed to be like the Washington Monument. You know, it's just like this tower of food. But you know, Washington Monument's kind of like an needle deed.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's not just sitting on it like be cool.
Speaker 2: If he was, it'd be pretty cool if it was. Or if it was like nom and they put a bunch of names on the bun.
Speaker 1: Oh man, like the Wall. You had to do that. I did.
Speaker 2: Their Dodgers have trailed in every game they played so far this season. I mean, the pictures are having to sweat at some high stress. The Unians aren't ice stress, so it's fine.
Speaker 1: The Indians are high stressed, so don't even look into the country.
Speaker 2: He's been working too hard. Not cool. Wake up the Bats. Top of the lineup as three MVPs A home run champs six all.
Speaker 1: Start the bats.
Speaker 2: The top six are being paid more than thirteen team payrolls, and they're hitting it collective. Two thirty six. Break out of it tonight with Otani on the mound. Everyone wants this guy to win the cy young. Everyone wants a twenty win season. They want great And if you can't get that, if you're wasting starts by these guys who are pitching six innings and giving up two and you're barely giving them any run support. So that means local guy the Diablo out of mission, Viejo Tanner Biby who threw in the opener up in Seattle, gave up three dollars last Thursday. Get to him early, and why not hit Otani second on the Daisy's pitching Huh, you know, it's just the first at bat you control. Why not give him a little bit of a breather there, Let him catch his breath.
Speaker 1: You've got a lot of thoughts, I know here in April April.
Speaker 2: Dig in there, pe as. I wrapped this up here in the top story of the day. They tried him second twice last season. He grounded out in one bat at bat, and then he hit a bombed Donner in the other versus Minnesota. As for hitting leadoff on days, he pitches three for twelve with four strikeouts. If you want to pair that down even more home games, which is what we're really talking about, right, so you get done at the ending, you got to hurry up, get all your stuff on, and get out there and hit. He did hit second in one of those home games and got that home run versus Minnesota. But when leading off home games, Otani one for six with a single in two strikeouts. Not a huge sample, but just saying, you know, something to think about.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I'll think about it, but I don't know how that's gonna help anything. Think about that, we'll be back with your dad at a live guy birthday.
Speaker 2: I think about that monument chicken sandwich too.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not gonna take me to DC. Sure, no, I'm here.
Speaker 2: What if it had the names on the top of the bunt?
Speaker 1: That would be probably a travesty ofsords.
Speaker 2: I think you're right, who'd be.
Speaker 1: Stolen valor in the least, but a bunch of other things would you get? You get? I mean, at the very least, it would be importes, no.
Speaker 2: Doubt about it, no doubt, but the taste of the burger would be delicious.
Speaker 1: I got George Patton, all right, we'll be back with your dead and a live guy. Birthday of the Day, Southern California's most listened to sports talk show. This is on demand, saying good night the Petro sand Money Show. But it's not over. We've got Dodger Baseball. It is that season, and thank goodness it's here. You're back to back World Series champion Dodgers taking on Cleveland. Now, of course, yoshin Babblehead night. We're all excited about that. Everybody forty thousand, So hopefully if you're there now, you're in great shape. Breathe be Buyet. I'm just trying to give everybody the details. Yoshi, not that Yoshi, the other one. No, the picture.
Speaker 3: Breathe be Bullyet.
Speaker 1: I had it's a talk show. Dodgers on deck at six with Tim Kaits Maybe he'll do his special Yoshi voice for everybody.
Speaker 5: Breathe be buyet.
Speaker 1: Okay, seven to ten, first pitch, and we also have Clipper action in the schedule.
Speaker 2: They have been moved to our sister station, Ama and fifty. They will tip it off at eight pm Radio relegation however, uh corrections and retractions on me. My apologies. I kept saying it was tomorrow and they would be in fact relegated again. No, the Clippers will be here on Thursday. You'll hire their contest against the Spurs. They are getting to call up flagship from Baja to the Canadian Rockies. You will hear Clipper Spurs on Thursday night on AM five seventy. Welcome back, guys, Welcome back to the Flagship and the Blowtorch. That is Kay Lacy.
Speaker 1: And if you don't listen there, you can always podcast the show on the iHeartRadio app. It's an excellent way to keep up with great sports talk. It's all there on the podcast, and of course you can stream it live there as well. Matt has got the dead guy.
Speaker 2: Birthday of the day, Yeah, happy would have been one hundred seventy. First to Alfred E from Hunt, nineteenth century American metallurgist industrialist, the man who founded and developed the company that would eventually become Alcoa, the world's largest producer and distributor of aluminum.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that is excited.
Speaker 2: Born in East Douglas, mass went to MIT of his class two degrees, one in metallurgy, the other in mining metallurgy. Yes see, that's the thing. Back then, you get a degree in mining and metallurgy. Today, what are you going to school for, Marverse.
Speaker 1: City studies, diversity.
Speaker 2: Study, sociology.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be a sociopath.
Speaker 2: This man was a metallurgist. He built things man. His first gig was in Boston with the Bay State Iron Works. There he got access to the first open hearth steel furnace in the United States. Recruited to Nashua, New Hampshire and their Iron and Steel Company. His work there got him the call to the big time p Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Oh that's metal. That was metal Mecca back then.
Speaker 2: Metallurgical work for the Pittsburgh Testing Laboratory. Very partnered with young chemist George Hubbard Clapp a couple of years later. His introduction to Charles Martin Hall and his patent awarded two years earlier on a process for separating aluminium from common aluminum through electrolysis led to one of the great partnerships in American industrial history the time. In the meeting in eighteen eighty eight, the price of aluminum was four eighty six per pound four dollars eighty six per pound in the late eighteen hundreds. It was strictly a laboratory metal, minimal commercial and industrial use because it was price prohibitive. However, their process for aluminum separation provided cheap, easy ways to extract aluminum as a pure metal. So he put his shrewd business hat on. He realized if he could create the market, control the patent, there would be a substantial business at hand. He Chuck Hall a group of five others raised twenty k it's about seven hundred k in today's money to launch the Pittsburgh Reduction Company. They later renamed it Aluminum Company of America, shortened it to Alcoa. They scaled, they produced aluminium in unpressed ented never imagine quantities, and the price dropped immediately from five bucks per pound to seventy cents per pound. And here's the thing, Pee, all those millions of dollars he made, what did he do with it? Was he a coward? Was he spending it all over town shaking his ass, laying with ladies. No, he was thankful for all his country provided. Outbreak of the Spanish American War, he organizes battery b out of the Pennsylvania National Guard, elected its first captain. He fights in the Puerto Rican Theater. He was not killed in battle, but he returned from the war in eighteen ninety eight complications from malaria he had contracted. Died at forty four. Good looking guy, great looking mustache, Alfred hant Alcoa.
Speaker 1: But you know he heard that Timmy Trumpet song before anybody, he did, and he said that was worth it a loan.
Speaker 2: That's a hit.
Speaker 1: I like the way the guy plays it.
Speaker 2: It's it's the same soul.
Speaker 1: I just Matt, You're a live guy. Bertie in the Day is also a guy who was a pittsburgher at fifty five years old, but moved out here as a young man. Craig McCracken is fifty five from near Pittsburgh off of the mononga Hila River. His father's name was Herk McCracken, not Phil McCracken. Herk a minor league baseball star who died when Craig was young. So they moved a Whittier and he went to California high Let's go Condor and he went to cal Arts in Santa Clarita, and there he met Jendy Tart Takowski and they collaborated and made a short animated feature called whoop Ass Stew which became of course, perhaps not of course to some The Powerpuff Girls, which he is the creator of, and he helped Jendy with his big cartoon, Dexter's Lab, and they've collaborated on a lot of stuff. He also made the very critically acclaimed Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, worked as a director for Dexter's Lab, did everything behind The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's. He produced Uncle Grandpa, which I did not enjoin.
Speaker 2: I liked Uncle Grandpa and The.
Speaker 1: Regular Show, which I believe is great. He also did Wander Over Yonder and Kid Cosmic. Craig McCracken, the Animator, is a flappy haired man with butthhole eyes. His wife is Lauren Faust, another famous animator, and they have a child. He was heavily influenced by Bill Watterson from Calvin and Hobbes and Charles Schulz the Peanuts Guy, and he liked to create simple characters as opposed to the realism of Disney films, and you can tell the difference. He's won two Emmys, but they weren't for Powerpuff Girls, which is weird. They're for fosters and for kid cosmic powerpuff Girls is a great revelation in cartoons. Just beat Man Buttercuff Guy. Well, of course you're been digging to beat Matt because deep down you're Latino. And when you lay down with all those candles like.
Speaker 2: A c slater again with the Latina kind of it's got a little drum and bass field to it. But you know, I guess the Latino thing carries through another day. Any other details left out of her dorm room Latino and.
Speaker 1: He carries through every single day.
Speaker 2: Well, the your Latino.
Speaker 1: We don't like to label anybody, but when when you get singled out by a hot in Algona, it's gonna make you wear the astac outfit with the furry leggings.
Speaker 2: I gotta wear that now and the big head dress. I just wanted to bring over a six or a Modilo and thought maybe we'd crack a couple and take our clothes off.
Speaker 1: No, that's not We're going to do a mestizo ceremony. You're Latino. We'll be back with our mestizo ceremony Tomorrow's a flexiler. We'll start it too good Night be coming up next Dodgers, Tim Daytons what what so
Speaker 4: Buy it?