Speaker 1: Manions at the box office. Indeed, Navarate is open to Marvel. Christopher Nolan wants that hiate award Danny McBride's Gi Joe, and I now pronounce you a shabby doo and a shabby do all of that and so much more here on news Dump. I know last week I apologize for Mac not being here. I will once again do that, but this time sincerely mean it because filling in for Mac is good old Nick Fryer.
Speaker 2: Wow, So glad I could take some time for my vacation to be here, just to get ripped off the how.
Speaker 1: Many how many? How much time do you have off?
Speaker 2: Took the week off?
Speaker 1: You got the week off?
Speaker 2: Yeah, took the week vacation. Yeah, exactly. I decided to loop it in with the fourth of July time off, so I got like ten days off.
Speaker 1: I think you know what, I wouldn't mind that. That sounds amazing. I just want just time to myself breathe quiet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you need that once in a while, so I'm absolutely doing that right now though I'm hanging out with you. I was with Keith the other day, so I'm just I can't take time off.
Speaker 1: So once again, that is Friar and I am do your chance. Here we go do the dump. It's the dumpty dump Fryar. I don't know if you saw this, you heard this news over the weekend, but Taylor Swift, Travis Kelsey, they got married, made their guest sign NDA's. They can't talk about it, but we do know from the wedding. Adam Sandler performed the ceremonies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was quite the choice. I can only imagine because she wanted the combination of Little Nicky and mister Deed's up at the altar with her.
Speaker 1: I would imagine that he did. No Little Nicky, that is something that I would ask for.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: That's a good point by you. If you could ask for one celebrity to perform your ceremony, because Sandler might be at the top of mine, who would you have do it besides doctor Joe.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I think I might pick Ian McKellen because he's Magneto, He's Gandolf, like two of my favorite characters. Like, he's just I think you do an outstanding job.
Speaker 1: I mean really going with either McKellen or Patrick Stewart. Yeah, Patrick, the X Men of those the big powerful voices that can command the rum.
Speaker 2: That'd be good for me the missus because she's a treky. So then it kind of brings everything together for us nicely.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me what would Jim Carrey say if he was performing your ceremony?
Speaker 2: Jim Carrey would be a really good one. That'd be another good one. Yeah, good call. What do you expect me? Did Jim Carrey press was that?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, we're gonna do a bunch of impressions this.
Speaker 2: Oh god, you have the wrong person to have on here, Dave, And he's a great impression.
Speaker 1: This is the Frank Caliendo Frank Callendo show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's some people call us where the Frank Callando.
Speaker 1: This is the Frank Callendo's podcast when it's Friar and Goo.
Speaker 2: Is he still around?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is an IDN in his house.
Speaker 2: Oh okay.
Speaker 1: Has that impressed you? It impresses me.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, very impressive.
Speaker 1: News. Dam did you see on the fourth of July Boom roasted Merriam Webster's dictionary. They said, why is it canceled two l's in the UK but canceled with one L in the US? And they said, because we gave that L in nineteen seventy six, seventeen seventy six.
Speaker 2: Same difference, right, it's all the same. Yeah, who's keeping track? Yeah, honestly, that was That was some Mary Webster does some pretty good stuff on social media. I gotta give it to him. But it's so weird, dude, Like how so many people can speak the same language and then they can just sound so different in so many ways. Like I know in Boston, the Scots were just around, but Joe and I have interviewed a few scotsmen or maybe just one, but he's like he's the hardest person to understand.
Speaker 1: Like ever, it's so interesting that people speak the same language but they sound so different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you just said, yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it's okay. I'm just saying like in the sense of, like I get what you mean, Like it's just they.
Speaker 1: Spell It's funny the way that you've just presented it to me, that's all.
Speaker 2: It's a different vernacular and everything like that. I mean it in the sense of like, oh, hey, we all speak the same language, but we use different terms and we do different spellings and everything like that too. It's just bizarre to me.
Speaker 1: Friar said, earlier said I want them to go back to theirry. I don't want them here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. That is one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Tryer brings impressions and poly charged dialogue to this podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, the my grandparents would be so upset with it.
Speaker 1: And he also he praises dictionaries. Don't so in the background on his YouTube channel, he has it blurry, but if you look really really close, he has bookshelves of dictionaries and encyclopedias.
Speaker 2: Antosaurus ie the Sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, either way, New Step over the box office this past weekend. Minions and Monsters did come in first place in the three day and the five day since it came out on Wednesday, but disappointing when it came to the forecast, only made thirty seven in the three day sixty one sixty two in the five day. But it did make up for those weaker numbers with one hundred million dollars overseas. Toy Story five drop from the top spot thirty million in its third weekend. It is now over seven hundred and sixty million dollars worldwide. It will definitely crack a billion. I think they're projecting one point five on the movie Young Washington came in third at about twenty million, and Supergirl dropped seventy four point one percent and it's second weekend to below nine million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's not great for Supergirl. But I don't I don't love that toy story though. It just continues to crush it and everybody's still loving it too. I got to give them credit, Like we just after three, I was like, do we need more of this? And it turns out we do.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And while I don't love four, I like five a little bit more. Do I think that the story should have ended with three? You could have, But what they've given us sense is still quality stuff.
Speaker 2: Got to give it to them. If they're doing a great job, still going for there's more story to tell than I mean, who are we to doubt them at this point?
Speaker 1: So back to Supergirl right now. We now have reports that there were two different cuts of the movie. You had the director's cut and James gunn Slash. The studio stepped in with a second cut. After some of the testings, the gun movie tested slightly better and that is what they went with. But uh, I'll tell you this right now. For Ier, I hate all of the discourse, the online discourse around this movie.
Speaker 2: It's so bizarre because so I know you gave it a thirty two.
Speaker 1: Thirty one, thirty two. I think it's a C plus B minus. I it's an absolutely, it's a cromulent movie. It does its job. It's nothing new. But I don't think it's bad. I don't get how people think it sucks.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm so confused. Like, I'm confused on multiple levels because I saw Variety said like, how like the script.
Speaker 1: I think they were critical of a Variety fucking tore it apart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But then I'm also seeing some people saying, how like it does a great job of actually adapting a comic book story. I haven't seen it yet, but I've read the story that it's based.
Speaker 1: Only you're a part of the problem. Last week, Davey was a part of the problem. I have co workers who are like, I'm I'm interested in this movie, and I'm like, have you seen it? No, you're a problem. You're a part of the problem. Go and watch the movie, all of you.
Speaker 2: I will, I will, but I but I You're not wrong about that. But it's just strange to me, like these these varying criticisms that we're seeing on this. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Speaker 1: And I got a good text from our buddy Wesley Burho on my phone that's where I get text. I don't know about you, Friar, but he pointed out that this will probably be This will be a good streaming movie when it comes out because it isn't getting the theater buzz. People will eventually see it when it's on HBO Max. I know it's going to vo D. I think by the end of this month, it's gonna be pushed very quickly to VOD and then they'll see how it does there. But one of the explanations might be from this via THHR, A major studio head says that gen Z does not care about superhero movies, saying that genre belongs to millennials.
Speaker 2: That's I don't think it's entirely inaccurate. There's another thing for me that's kind of personally going on that I've realized as we were kind of getting ready for this, where it's just adaptations, I kind of feel like I'm enjoying them more in TV form versus movie form recently, and original screenplays like again, not to sound like snobby or anything.
Speaker 1: Like that with it, but it's just we've always thought of you as being a snobby, you know person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I was wait for you to finish that one. Good job, real sickburn. But yeah, I've just been wondering. I've been feeling that way lately with just like the movies that I'm watching. So it's just maybe that's part of what's going on too, because I feel like original screenplays are starting to have a little bit of a comeback that it's been that way for a bit.
Speaker 1: I feel like, I mean, the low budget horror movies have had a great resurgence, and we've seen now a couple of them, a couple more of the YouTube stories spooky stories are now being greenlit to be made into movies with I forget which movie Steven Spielberg is producing, but he has picked up one of these YouTube channels that he's going to make a movie with. So you are seeing the higher profile studios and directors starting to jump on this. Of course, and I'm not playing the news dump sounder enough here, but like you talk about obsession on a seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars budget, it has now passed four hundred million dollars. It is now available on VOD as well. Yet even while available on video on demand this past weekend, it's still made five and a half million dollars.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is stunning. I didn't. Yeah, that's great. I mean, and this is exactly what I'm talking about. Just horror is having a great like renaissance in generals. It's been like this for a little bit, Like we're smack in the middle of it. And it's not just with movies. It's also with comics as well, So it's just all over. Everybody's interested in these types of stories, and it's an area you can get very creative. Feel like it's always been an area that people can get very creative.
Speaker 1: And speaking about what the kids might be into News Don't The Batman two co writer Mattson Tomlin says that Hollywood is becoming more video game obsessed, which makes sense. You have the kids that grew up on these video games that are now starting to get these video game movies, saying he's receiving five times more offers for video game adaptations than comic book adaptations this year. You have to go with the obvious of Sonic, Mario Detective Pikachu made a lot of money. These are now the ones that are and two it's the guaranteed box office that you're hoping for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean it makes sense like these things go through like with there's always gonna be something that's hot for the moment, and I'm sure video games will have like the next fifteen or twenty years. I mean, Mario and Sonic have made it where it's like, how do you not try and take some swings on this and see where you get lucky? So yeah, it's like it's the comic the superhero movies going away for a little bit. I do like those movies. I do want those to do well. But as long as comic book movies in general, because we've talked about this before, like superhero movies are different than like superheroes versus comics in general, not the same exact thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's also a big difference in like superheroes versus like street level visilante stuff too.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent just that alone, and they're like cousins of one another, never mind some of the other stuff that you can get into the mix.
Speaker 1: When it comes to comics, I think you're gonna have the issue in the video game movies when they start to scrape the bottom of the barrel of like, Okay, we've already done Mario, We've done Sonic, We've now done Donkey Kong. Let's do Bubbsy. People like Bubbsy. There were three sns b Z games. No one really loved it, but there were three of them.
Speaker 2: Yep. When we've also gotten Mortal Kombat.
Speaker 1: In the mix of Mortal Kombat, we're getting Street Fighter. Yeah, you can then just be like, oh, what about what about bomb Man? What about Duck Hunt? Let's do a duck Hunt movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm wondering. Yeah, there's who we're gonna get Mega Man like duck duck Hunt's a great call.
Speaker 1: That's duck Hunt. And of course Duck Hunt's brother Mike.
Speaker 2: Jeez, so much work.
Speaker 1: You thought I wasn't gonna go there.
Speaker 2: It took me a second.
Speaker 1: In what I'm gonna tell you, Speaking of Obsession, Indie Navaraate, she said that she has recently met with director Jake Schreier and says that she would be open to starring in a Marvel film Shreier X Men. Yeah, i'd be freaking Let me ask you, Frar, you're the X Men experts. What do you think in Wolverine?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if not Wolverine, then probably Cyclops.
Speaker 1: Comic accurate height correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's so important as that bul will improve to us.
Speaker 1: Well, who do you think?
Speaker 2: I feel I should have known you were gonna ask me this question.
Speaker 1: I come with the hard hitters all the time.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know who. I haven't seen Obsession. Go, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen obsession.
Speaker 2: I'm behind on movies. I'm very behind on movies.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm gonna tell you to watch Obsession. That's number one. Number two. I've seen some people and I'm going to ask you for deeper cuts. But like people are saying, well, I think she'd be should be wonderful as I'm blanking.
Speaker 2: On her now, I feel like I saw Rogue pop up.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm thinking of Rogue. Thank you. I know who Rogue is. Don't fucking don't push that on me. I know who Rogue is, Friar, Sure, I have seen Rogue though, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Saw Rogue, and I feel like there was some that I feel like I saw three popping up for her, But I don't want to take credit for those I so I don't sure.
Speaker 1: Maybe rog give me a deeper I've seen people saying Polaris owd me something deeper.
Speaker 2: Well, I haven't seen her as an actress group. So that's why I'm not gonna go and tell you.
Speaker 1: You refuse to put your in your mouth.
Speaker 2: No, but I have a better take for you later about other X Men related stuff that I don't think people have.
Speaker 1: Said, what a big market tease. Now, no one's going to turn this off.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: It's dump. Oh. She also said that she has recently met with director Michael Mann, who is working on Heat Too. Heat Too has quite the cast. I'm curious where she would fit into something like that's.
Speaker 2: So a lot of heat around that you'd say it is dump.
Speaker 1: Speaking of X Men, X Men ninety seven still rules. Did you see the first three episodes? Oh?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah?
Speaker 1: And I love how they said, we're doing three episodes, but they're all taking place directly after season one, and we're gonna bring you to all three timelines, and credit to them. The Jubilee episode might be the best of the three.
Speaker 2: Yes, dude, Yes, The second episode had me going nuts. I love the Jubilee stuff, but I also love the X Force stuff.
Speaker 1: X Force and then obviously too, and they did this last year, but the X Men that are in the episodes, they changed the credit and like the theme song to it, it's always so good. Do you believe in a really nice haircut? Credit to her in that episode?
Speaker 2: I like that, Yes she did. And also all of this too, we're getting into apocalypse stuff, which is like we've known about apocalypse since we were kids. We've gotten a whole ton of apocalypse and whether it's the comics, even the movies in the show. So it's like we're getting a lot of this. We're taking swings.
Speaker 1: I say. But what this is also doing, though, is this is not speed running. This is taking its time, and it's telling you the Apocalypse stuff over different timelines and probably maybe even not over just this season. This might last two seasons.
Speaker 2: You're probably right. And they're mixing in deeper cuts, which when we talked last time for season one, where we talked about brought up Bastion before he came on screen, I was like, they won't do that because he's probably too deep of a cut for people you know, comics fans would love it, but the average here is like, who the fuck is this guy? They did it, and now they bring in the Askani, So I'm just thinking they're taking more creative swings. I would love to see them bring Nate Gray into the mix, like an alternate timeline Cable. I don't think they're gonna do that. There's a different thing that I'm expecting now, but I would love to see.
Speaker 1: That now this show. It has been confirmed that Sadie Sink will be featured in X Men ninety seven. It wasn't confirmed which season, if it be this season has a tease for Spider Man or next season, but I like them integrating the movie stuff into this show as well.
Speaker 2: Hope Summers.
Speaker 1: You're thinking Hope Summers.
Speaker 2: That's my prediction. Everybody's been saying Jean Ray, Jean Gray, it's still Rachel. Rachel Summers is sure like, fine, it's gonna be Hope Summers because we're getting so much with Cable right now. Cable's her adoptive father more or less, She's the mutant Messiah, and now when you think about the big screen stuff moving forward, she's nicknamed the mutant Messiah, she's the one that's gonna bring the X Men or the mutants into the MCU. It just makes too much sense to me. And this is a young character who you know, unexplored territory and everything but infinite potential.
Speaker 1: And now she has mind control abilities correct.
Speaker 2: Mimic power, so she can control minds and she can control she can do stuff like rogue, but she can also impact the capabilities of other mutants too, like amplificy Iron.
Speaker 1: Okay, that makes sense to me now because in the Spider Man trailer where he is seeing that everyone else is under control except for a Punisher, it's not necessarily her controlling everyone else. It could be her controlling Peter Parker as his mutation has taken over his body with the webs, so she's taking over his mind as opposed to everyone else's.
Speaker 2: Yep. One hundred percent. And in the comics, I think it's specific to mutants, not all superheroes, but it doesn't. That's just a small stretch going into the MCU. So I don't I don't have an issue with.
Speaker 1: That Spider Man with his own organic web slingers, he is a mutant. No, No, but kinda, I mean.
Speaker 2: Yes, kind of but he's not.
Speaker 1: It's a mutation.
Speaker 2: He's also not like it depends on his webshooters like he like he could be webshooters or it could be like Toby reguirestyle, and it's not always that.
Speaker 1: What if he turns into a giant spider.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean maybe there's a lot of flexibility with it. And even then Goo, I don't think with the MCU you need to be like it's only exclusive to mutants, like she can do it with everybody. It's not. It's not big swing.
Speaker 1: Also, when it comes to X Men ninety seven, Brad Winderbaum said that he wants to do ten seasons of X Men ninety seven. I ask you, why not?
Speaker 2: Mar Yeah, we should not like with all these other shows that we watch, we're like, oh, is it gonna get another season?
Speaker 1: This?
Speaker 2: When's it gonna end?
Speaker 1: This?
Speaker 2: That whatever? That should not be a thing with X Men ninety seven period. We should just be like, yep, it's screen that for another one and it'll end when Like you'll find out when it ends the second that it ends.
Speaker 1: Damp. Speaking of X Men, Hugh Jackman says the next actor to play Wolverine doesn't need advice for him, saying, criike, I hope someone just comes in and does whatever the fuck they wants and makes it their own.
Speaker 2: Well, is she Jackman in the room right now?
Speaker 1: He is, and he's all he's he just left, but he's singing in the corner. Wow, he's a song and dance man, as we know.
Speaker 2: Fryer, Sure it wasn't Frank Calliando, because you know he's pretty good at that too.
Speaker 1: We are the Frank Callando podcast where two Frank callandos.
Speaker 2: I love this by so seriously because I think with Hugh Jackman, absolutely like was loyal to the comic book iteration in the cartoon iteration, but at the same time like made it his own thing. I think good that people are gonna have. Like fans may have a tough time with Hugh Jackman with the new Wolverine actor originally, but I think that's an easier role to take on than being like the new Iron Man or the new Captain America.
Speaker 1: Because people knew of Wolverine before Jackman took it over, as opposed to and people knew about Iron Man obviously. But no, but you're absolutely right not to have points because he was more of like a B level character, right, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Robert Downey Junior did so much more for that character than anybody else has. Hugh Jackman has done a great job, but like Wolverine is so like singular and significant.
Speaker 1: Beyond this, there's death. Christopher Nolan says the Odyssey had to be rated are of course it did. That's what he wants his Pirate award.
Speaker 2: Ah, well done, Sorry, yes, more wordplay's.
Speaker 1: We wanted to make the most intense version with the weapons of the time. There were more brutal swords and bows and arrows, things like that. Anything less would be pretty difficult and potentially compromising.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the last that last detail is one hundred percent right, Like you're just gonna make a PG thirteen Odyssey, No way.
Speaker 1: I've also seen I don't ever written down here, but there's also a full almost horror scene in this movie that is supposed to really spooky out.
Speaker 2: I can't say I've read the Odyssey. I'm not.
Speaker 1: David Well Davey told me last week that he's read every version of the Odyssey.
Speaker 2: Does he even know of every version of the He does?
Speaker 1: He actually told me about all of them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Give Davy credit for last week for his Odyssey knowledge, and we're gonna get to something at the end with the PlayStation. He was right on it. Oh really right.
Speaker 2: I missed that, so okay, but I look, I know he's read the Audissey.
Speaker 1: I know that he's read the Odyssey's.
Speaker 2: The Odyssey's okay. Well either way, I'm I'm I'm glad they make this raditar because how could you do PG thirteen? This be terrible?
Speaker 1: No, no, I mean, And he also, he's done so many movies where he's already dipped his toe into, like the rted R, where it's still made almost a billion dollars. Oppenheimer rateed R almost made up billion dollars. And it's a but a guy who made.
Speaker 2: A bomb, I would be stunned to find out Christopher Nolan was worried about that from a box office TAPO.
Speaker 1: I don't think he gives a shit. He just wants to sell popcorn buckets. Got me there, new Stuffed. Danny McBride said on the Happy, Sad, Confused podcast that he is working on a Gi Joe film, hopefully that'll come out in twenty twenty seven, saying Gi Joe is his favorite franchise. It was growing up. He wants this as a grounded action film, not comedy, which that doesn't really make me happy. I think he's one of the funniest people around. Focus on Duke in his team. Takes place in a town where everybody is secretly members of Cobra. They're casting it right now.
Speaker 2: I kind of wish that who we weren't getting. We didn't get that much detail about his plans because as we've talked about with trailers, like, don't give me everything right up front. But I do have a lot of confidence in him as a writer. I think he does a great job, and I know you want comedy. I'm sure there'll be some comedic elements, but he has like I feel like he has the absolute right approach to this.
Speaker 1: His DApp twenty four Jump Street is still using the same script they wrote years ago. It is now being revised. Channing Tatum previously said it's one of the best scripts he's ever read.
Speaker 2: Why are they still making these movies?
Speaker 1: How dare you you're anti Jump straight? Fuck off?
Speaker 2: I'm fine about it. I just I'm ambivalent.
Speaker 1: How did you feel about twenty one Jump Street? That's the first one, right, No, that's the twenty first one. It started just Jump Street and then they went one, two, three, four that.
Speaker 2: When Johnny Depp wasn't it Okay, I'm confused, but yeah, no, I liked it. I didn't like I didn't hate it.
Speaker 1: But I was like, Okay, I see Emilio Estevez, the Mighty Duckman himself, and I was like, I wish I knew Richard Grieco. Oh go ahead, Sorry, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: You're good, You're good. I just I was confused. I didn't I didn't know where Goo went for a second.
Speaker 1: There. Yeah, that was this Frank Callendo again. Fucking Frank Callando keeps popping up in this podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I'm excited about this movie.
Speaker 1: I'm excited about them. So once again. I told this a couple of times or a few weeks ago on news Dump when I was doing this as a news wrap for work, and I was trying to pull cuts from the previous two movies to make a little like, hey, they're making a new Jump Straight movie. Granted I couldn't use most of the stuff from the other movies. Both of the highlights of those two movies that I haven't seen in quite some time, but I remember loving them hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're funny movies. I just they kind of just don't move the needle for me. Yeah great, I don't eric shame anybody fork and I don't want to yuck you'ryom. I'm sorry, but just ambivalent about them.
Speaker 1: News dump ruined my day, Friar. I bet you're really excited about this one, Moana, but real it comes out this week. The projections are not looking as good as they did just two weeks ago. Now they're looking at a sixty to seventy million domestic open Who.
Speaker 2: Could have seen this coming? Like, it's I hate when they adapt animated movies or animated properties to live action. If you haven't had it in like, I don't know, thirty years, I would kind of understand it. I guess cause's just, oh, we're just going this route to do a you know, a reboot or whatever. Fine, But as a fellow like fan of animation, I just feel like this is a slap in the face to those fans.
Speaker 1: This is also mostly animation. It looks like the animated one. It's a like it's they're still out in the ocean. The ocean has like a mind of its own. Maui turns into animals. It's not like it's not like I'm trying to think of another movie where there isn't talking animals. They all have talking animals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they all have talking animals.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I guess Aladdin was the one where you're like, this kind of makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess so. And it had been such a long time since they did it too. I can't remember when the original like Maui movie came out, but I feel like.
Speaker 1: It came out in twenty fourteen. I can tell you right now. You can ask me questions on it's.
Speaker 2: Been twelve years wide, So I don't want to set you up to not know something. It's been twelve years.
Speaker 1: If I don't know an answer, I'm gonna make one up.
Speaker 2: Okay, Sorry, you're right. Never lets facts get in the way of.
Speaker 1: We don't have fact boy in the back getting us on this fucking PTI right now.
Speaker 2: My mistake. I wasn't aware anyways. But the point is, so it's been fourteen years. I don't know who's asking for that, Like it's I'm not one to always say that, but when it comes to this sort of shit, it's just it just it feels really dumb and lazy to me.
Speaker 1: I think my biggest issue now. So the Rock also says that they're working on a Mowana three that I assume is animated. I didn't do any reading into it, but with Moana two, this live action and a Mowana three, I feel like they have ruined the first Moana. Like the first Mowana is great. When I picked up Disney again when my son was born and we started watching all like the newer Disney movies with them, Mowana I thought was one of the better ones.
Speaker 2: It's a good one, I do.
Speaker 1: I do enjoy it, but now I am mowanted out by them adding to this story, adding to the lore it is now. And then finally, Sony says they'll have no more physical discs in their game boxes when you buy them at the game stop and whatnot, Friar, they're moving to an all digital platform starting in twenty twenty eight. This comes just a week after saying GTA six will not have a disc. Davy said that game is too big to put on a disc, and then Sony has not tweeted sense the PlayStation is not tweeted sense.
Speaker 2: I hate this. I absolutely hate this, and I really hope that people decide like, oh, I'm not buying this, like that would be great.
Speaker 1: Well, so Davey talked about this last week and this has been confirmed that this is what happens, is that when you don't buy the physical disc, you don't own it. So say, if you buy one of these games and then that server goes down, you don't have that game anymore. Or if you subscribe to the Sony Network where they have so many movies on there, and then they lose the license to those movies, guess what, you don't have those movies.
Speaker 2: That's where it was going to go, because Amazon is the same thing. You buy a movie on Prime and then and then it goes away, you lose out on that movie.
Speaker 1: Here, you don't own it.
Speaker 2: I hate it. I absolutely hate this, and I feel like we're I don't know, for you on social media, go if you're seeing as many people like starting to be like by physical media. But I've started to see that over the past year and a half at least.
Speaker 1: And I know I feel like everyone says that, but then this doesn't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I'm the missus and I are trying to do some of that. So it's just like you have to.
Speaker 1: I feel like at this point, well, let me recommend this to you, and this is what I'm gonna do as well. Black Friday. If you go on Amazon on Black Friday, you can get so many Blu rays and like just tons of movies for extremely cheap, and then you can start to build your collection that way. Yeah, steal books and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just say steal books.
Speaker 1: Yeah, steel books.
Speaker 2: No, don't know of all the things.
Speaker 1: Don't do it to bugs, you don't like steel I'm not saying to steal books.
Speaker 2: What do you It sounds like this is what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Have you never bought a steel book?
Speaker 2: What's a steal book?
Speaker 1: So a Blu ray or a DVD it comes in a steal book. That's the casing on it. And then sometimes they might have more goodies on the inside. Oh oh, okay, steal a S T E E.
Speaker 2: L so like metal got it.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not trying to steal books. I wouldn't know what to do with them.
Speaker 2: I honestly, I just felt like you were saying, you know, buy the movies, but steal the books. My friend Callendo just talking to himself. Everybody. That's why this confusion.
Speaker 1: They're going to go up the metal from the past. Deep that's my John Madden. There we go. That's what Caliendo is known for. Where did Caliendo go?
Speaker 2: It's great Maden when.
Speaker 1: He has tough acting to enacting. Boom, whoa? Where did Callendo come from? News? All right, sorry for that, guys, Yeah, we can't help it. We'll take a six month Friar break.
Speaker 2: Now it's we're good, bring out the best and goo. Everybody knows this.
Speaker 1: All right, so check us out. At the end of the week, we'll have of toy story. Maybe. I know Mac wanted the Talks Toy Story five. I think he's seeing Jackass five in the next couple of days too. I have seen everything for Jackass five but the movie. So I've seen every interview with the cast, which I might prefer more than seeing the older gentleman get hurt.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, you don't want to say I don't want.
Speaker 1: To see older gentleman get hurt doing it. I've seen Fryar see he's he sees a lady crossing the street with a walker and he walks up and he kicks the walker from her hands.
Speaker 2: I'm the worst person in the DSG, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Well he kicks it. I'm Nick Fryar. Welcome to your life there, dun dun dun dun dun dunt. All right, see you next time. Bye, Thank you, Fryar. News dope