Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talker.
Speaker 2: All right, we are here with the man that the players obviously believe in that say that he was the man that inspired them to beat the Yankees in twenty twenty four, and he was part of the parade last year, and of course a man of music, entertainment, the one and only Great Ice Cube. Thanks a lot for the time. I gotta calm the butterflies in my stomach. Cube. I don't get this nervous when I'm talking to Mookie Beds or Otani, but you man, I gotta calm myself down.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it. Man.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm a big fan of the Dodgers, you know, so you know, having an honor like this tonight, it's next level for me too.
Speaker 2: Have you been practicing the first pitch back in your house in the backyard.
Speaker 1: I threw the ball around a little, me and my son Sharif. But you know, when we get out there, you know, I just want to.
Speaker 3: Throw a strike.
Speaker 2: What's it like for you to have accomplished almost everything in the world of entertainment and then be such a big sports fan and the Dodgers inspired by your performance here at Dodgers Stadium in the twenty four World Series. Beat the Yankees, and then they bring you back out and the lowrider that now has become a babblehead and you're throwing out the first pitch. What does it mean to you to be such a big part of this city, to have such a big hand in that clubhouse.
Speaker 1: I mean just as a fan, you know, put ice cube aside, just as a Dodger fan, lifelong Dodger fan. You know, this is next level. You know, this is probably you know, fan heaven. You know when it comes to just watching the team over the years, watching them, you know, fight the Yankees, beat the Yankees, lose against the Yankees, beat the Yankees, and you know, it's been a it's been a pleasure just to be around. So to get a chance to be a part of it, you know, the first year and and really you know, going through it and having the team say something like that, you know, the team, they was good. They didn't need me to win the World Series. But if I gave them any kind of inspiration, you know, that to me is taking it, you know, over and beyond the moon. You know, it's really been just a pleasure. You know, this is a dream come true for me too.
Speaker 3: Never in a million years that I think I'd be a part of it. You know, I just enjoy watching it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I wanted to bring up to you as well. Being a guy that went to the high school in the nineties in the valley, the only way you could hear your music was on Kday And here you are now at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: You're throwing out the first pitch.
Speaker 2: Could you have ever thought that you would be here, excepted when when I was growing up, parents were telling us not to listen to your music and Kday was the only place playing your music.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean we was an underground group. We was happy with that.
Speaker 1: We just felt like if we was gonna be an underground that's cool.
Speaker 3: But as the.
Speaker 1: Years went by, more people started to accept the music, be a part of the music, and celebrate the music. And you know, to be here and have an organization like the Dodgers embrace you. You know, it's something that I could never you know, looking back from the nineties or the eighties, I could never dream of And so you know, being in in my career, this is my forty first year in music and entertainment, to get accepted by a great organization like the Dodgers, to be a part of.
Speaker 3: It, throw out the first pitch.
Speaker 1: Get a Bible head two years in a row. Like I said, you know, this is fan heaven. You know, I love I love being a fan of the Dodgers, and you know, being a part of it is to me something I never dreamed of.
Speaker 3: But I'm happy that that I'm here.
Speaker 2: Well, you are synonymous with the city of Los Angeles. Cube, you know how much the city of LA loves you back.
Speaker 3: You are ours.
Speaker 2: You might go on tour somewhere in Boston, but we know you got that Laker purple and gold down. We know you got that Dodger blue hat on, and you know how much everything that you've done means to this city. And you know, just like Magic Johnson, just like Kobe Bryant, like Otani Mookie bats Are, you know, the city holds them so close to their hearts. I feel like we feel the same way about you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I love Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: You know, born and raised here, grew up South central Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: You know, been all over LA. You know, from you know, Compton.
Speaker 1: South Central Watts, you know, the Valley, you know, Pasadena, downtown East LA. You know, we've been everywhere Inland Empire, and so I always represent you know, I've always represented.
Speaker 3: La wherever I go.
Speaker 1: I got that La hat on and showing the world that I'm proud of the city, and so to be accepted and to be embraced by the city, it is a dream come true for La. Kid.
Speaker 2: You ever go to that in and out on Ventura and DeSoto right there?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I've been.
Speaker 1: I've been to a few of them, you know that one, the other one on down on ventur by Tap. You know, I can't stay out of those. In announcing fat Burgers, you know, I love him, same.
Speaker 2: With me, Skinny fat guy right here at Cube, you know, I keep Freddie in check. Hey, you know that got too. Thanks a lot for the time. It's a great honor to have you on the show. And it's gonna be awesome to see you celebrated again at Dodger Stadium throwing out the first pitch and good news. I talked to Dave Roberts. He's not gonna try to put his booty on you tonight.
Speaker 3: Oh good.
Speaker 1: You know, hey, but if you win another series, you know, we can definitely we can dance all night if you win another one.
Speaker 3: For sure, love it, for sure. It's a good day in Dodger Stadium. Thanks a lot. Cute Yeah yay,