Speaker 1: All right, it's Mojo on the morning.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been busted or busted someone not taking your calls purposely, like purposely not actually answering your call, but.
Speaker 1: You can answer, Yeah, what happened?
Speaker 3: So if I try to call my ex husband, usually I would say eight times out of ten he doesn't answer, and so I have to text with Hey, this is why I'm calling. You know, give me a call whenever you get a chance, and then I'll get a call back at some point, either later in the day or the next day or whatever. So Lucy was trying to get a hold of her dad yesterday, and so she grabbed my phone and was calling him from my phone, and I said, Lulu, honey, he is not going to answer this phone call, because in my head, I'm going he sees that it's from me. He's not going to answer the phone call. So she texts him and says, I don't even know what she wrote, Dad, it's Lucy. I'm trying to call Can you call me right back? I'll be damned. That phone rang not two seconds later, And when he answers, I was like, bustead that you had your phone right by you and it wasn't until you realized that it was Lucy who wanted to get a hold of you that you answered.
Speaker 1: There's the level of importance.
Speaker 3: I'm never calling just for because I am always calling because there is something that needs to be talked about and it's important.
Speaker 2: Trust me, Well, it's usually say And I also think that if I'm getting a call from my ex at that time, I'm thinking, oh God, here comes back. You know what I mean, one of those type of things. I got another issue with that, very nice the way.
Speaker 3: It's usually should we sign up Smith for football?
Speaker 1: Or should we not?
Speaker 3: What are we doing?
Speaker 1: Harrymore? Sign ups? Those kids are too active real quick.
Speaker 2: I will tell you that that's funny when somebody does that where you call and they don't pick up your call, and then you're with another person and yours was on at least your phone where you were texting back and forth. How about if she had her own phone and she called him and he picked up the phone right away. That hurts even more than the text message is where as it sounds because it's been a random number calling. Has anybody ever had that happen to them? Or were they maybe were the person that was the screen and the call type.
Speaker 3: Thing, or you see somebody in public and you're like.
Speaker 1: That than me.
Speaker 4: I was in a chase like drive through like the Age, getting some money out one morning and I seen somebody call me, and I'll look down at my phone like I do not want to talk to you, first of all, like we don't talk, so like I'm not trying to talk to you right now, put my phone down, get my little money out. Text message pop up like I'm looking at you. I was like, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, I'm trying to focus. They're trying to play it off real quick.
Speaker 2: I always do this though, if somebody text me, if I get a text from a random that I've not heard from in a while, if I'm in public, I always.
Speaker 3: I mean, not making it obvious or anything.
Speaker 1: Hashtag Jeff Voss. If I get a Jeff Voss text, that guy's everywhere. Man, he pops out of like push and the stuff. He's a guy. I know he's a guy that that is.
Speaker 2: A friend and uh and he randomly little text out of the blue, and I'm like, you gotta be careful. I told this story a million times in the year. The Vince Lucido story. Vince Lucido. It's the greatest story I've ever heard. Vince Lucido Lusido find Jewelry, was driving down Hall Road when his uh son Joe Lucido was also driving down Hall Road, and Vince was trying to get Joe to pick up his call because they were literally driving next to each other and he wanted to say something to him, and his son Joe looked at his phone, did one of these and ghosts it throws the phone down, and Vince was paying for Joe's his son's Joe phone.
Speaker 1: I did it that day.
Speaker 2: He told that story. And then you know, if anybody you love Vince, if you ever meet Vince. But Vince is a guy when he tells the tory too, because he's like that Italian, He's like, son of a bitch.
Speaker 1: One of those things.
Speaker 2: I told that story eight billion times on this radio show because I think that is a story that every dad has ever had to deal with with their kids. That's a classic one. Eight for four Mojo Live. Here's the deal. We're calling. We're asking you to call us right now. If we see you not calling us, we're gonna be upset with you. Or if you have a story to go with this. Just text call me what's up?
Speaker 1: Kelly? Hi, it's Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 5: I've been with my husband for ten years and every time he calls his mom she will never answer. But I can call right after he does, and she answers right away.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny about that is that that's like the atypical. You would think that she's blowing off the daughter in law, you know, being.
Speaker 5: A mom, you would think, yeah, yeah, no, she likes answers his call, and he's like, I'm taking you off emergency context. If I was dying, you would.
Speaker 1: Never know that's true. You gotta be careful. What's up Page? How you doing?
Speaker 6: Tell me?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 5: How is everyone?
Speaker 8: We're great?
Speaker 2: Shannon's not so great though, She's getting screamed what's up?
Speaker 5: So it's funny I call him my in loves. If my husband called, it's his parents.
Speaker 7: They never answer him, but if I called, they'll answer me right away.
Speaker 2: As the last collar man, I don't know where this comes from. What is going on is a little stereotype that's completely been desbounded.
Speaker 1: What's up, Mikayla? Hi, what's happening? How are you?
Speaker 9: I'm good?
Speaker 2: How are you guys, We're fantastic. Have you ever had somebody screen your calls or you screening the call?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so my sister actually did. I was at work and I almost nearly passed out, and then that had never happened before. So my coworker took my phone to call my sister. But usually I call her just to like see, you know, a FaceTime of my dog. And so she sees my call and she's like ignore, and then they text her and they're like, hey, you need to come get your sister because.
Speaker 6: She's not feeling good.
Speaker 9: And she's like, oh my gosh, like I thought you were just being annoying. So now she never ignores my calls.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I would feel horrible.
Speaker 2: I always I do feel horrible sometimes not taking some calls and then think to myself, like I judge it based on do I think they're going to die soon?
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 9: If Pops calls me, take it up every time, because I'm like, I think he's gonna go anytime soon, but you never know.
Speaker 2: And you like talking to him. But then the way you have to do then is answer and go Pops. I don't have much time, but what's going on you.
Speaker 3: Answer all my phone calls? So do you think I'm going to die? Shoot?
Speaker 1: Anna?
Speaker 2: Are not Anna? Your I hope your name is not Anna because I just gave it away. Your initial is A. It's not Anna?
Speaker 1: Is it? Just lie? Your voices? Guys? Hello? Oh initial A? Are you there? Y?
Speaker 10: I am?
Speaker 1: Your name is not Anna?
Speaker 11: Is it.
Speaker 1: Okay? Good? What's your story?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 10: I had one of my best friends over her house and we were watching a movie and one of our old mutual friends that people don't really like texted me and was calling me saying that she was at my apartment and wanted to see me. So when she called me, I just kind of locked my phone to me so I didn't have to answer her. And she texted me saying that she could see me through my blind.
Speaker 2: Isn't that you didn't know she was outside and you were ignoring her call?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 10: So and I went up and I had just stopped my blind and I was like, oh, I didn't get your call. It was so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Oh no, she didn't see you look at your phone?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 6: Oh she did?
Speaker 1: Oh God, that's so bad.
Speaker 10: To get a little bit better by saying that I didn't and I was just closing the blind because we're watching movies.
Speaker 1: Oh that's funny that Now that is weird?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Ty, what's up? How you doing? Buddy? What up?
Speaker 4: Tie?
Speaker 1: What's that the w you kid?
Speaker 5: Old Joe?
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 6: Ty?
Speaker 1: What's happening? Body?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 11: I called my cousin about a couple of weeks ago from my number.
Speaker 1: He wouldn't answer it. As soon as I picked up on the phone, I call him, he was like, what's happening?
Speaker 6: I was like, man, why youren't answering the phone?
Speaker 8: You talked?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 3: I was going on the.
Speaker 1: Why why? A? What's ukay?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hey? What's going on?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 7: So last weekend, actually my ex husband I had been trying to get a question kid related question answered for two days and my son is sitting on his iPad texting back and forth with his dad while I'm going basically on rid for two days.
Speaker 2: So you see him texting and he's actually talking and forth with his son and just like Shannon, the ex husband's not answering anything that your.
Speaker 3: Sin is give me that iPad? I need to text something can exactly.
Speaker 7: I'm like, what are you guys talking about right now? And then just like a la boobu or something stupid. I'm like, I'm trying to figure out a kid related question. Please please answer me.
Speaker 2: Can I just say this? And this is Devil's Advocate or not Devil's advocate? This is actually Mojo being a journalist to you and Shannon? Why don't you just text them your question?
Speaker 11: Did?
Speaker 3: We usually only text, but sometimes something calls for like a longer discussion.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, makes sense? Would you turn already? Yeah?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 1: What's going on? How you doing? Courtney?
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 1: How are you good? What's up? Uh?
Speaker 8: My dad will screen my calls because I will try to call my mom and my mom doesn't answer because her phone's constantly ringing. So I'll call my dad and he used to answer all the time, and now he knows that I'm called for her, so he will not pick up up.
Speaker 2: There's something about you that's worse than your parent giving you up for adoption, that they're actually not taking your phone calls.
Speaker 1: David, what's up?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: Yo? I was going good buddy? What's up?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 6: Nothing?
Speaker 11: I just got me thinking the other day about how so I copare with my kid's mom too, and sometimes she just blows me up several times a day just about the most miniscool thing. We communicate pretty well about how I want to pair in our kid, and sometimes I can just I can just tell when she's calling to complain about something or tell me something that I should have done, that I did it, and I'm just like, I'll.
Speaker 6: Watch it ring like, yeah, I'll deal with that later.
Speaker 11: Hey, but when my kids with her and I see my kid calling my phone, man, I stopped. Everyone's shut up, I gotta pick up the phone.
Speaker 1: Shut up, David.
Speaker 2: Do you have the song ring tones on your phone where somebody calls you there's a song playing? And if so, do you have one your ex wife, the mother of your children?
Speaker 11: No, no, I don't, but maybe it should be the Darth Vader song the.
Speaker 12: Empire Tyson Tyson mode on the morning, good Morning.
Speaker 6: So I got let me just make it long story short. My parents hate us, like they don't answer the phone for us. One of my parents lives in a nursing home and I called the nursing home and I'm like, hey, can I please speak to my mom? And they're like, okay, just a second, and then they put you on hole forever and they never answer the phone. Come to find out, she's told them to block the call.
Speaker 12: After that.
Speaker 6: I found this out because one time they picked up the phone and they didn't put me on hold. They just kind of sat it on the counter and she was right there. She goes just telling my went outside to go have a cigarette.
Speaker 2: I love your mom. She's living her life right now. She's already done all the stuff she needs to do.
Speaker 6: Best cigarettes ever, apparently