Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 2: As I was getting ready to go to bed last night, I got a ring alert. I get these things all the time. I got a ring alert the other day that was so interesting. The ring alert the other day kind of cracked me up. I actually screenshot at it because I never answered ring alerts. I only answer ring alert in my head. This one I actually answered, here was the ring alert that happened Saturday. Someone's home car alarm alarm is ringing constantly. Anyone know anything? And I answered back with instead of jumping on here, why don't you go for a walk and find out.
Speaker 1: I swear to you I'll show it to you.
Speaker 3: This is my neighborhood Facebook page I don't have, but.
Speaker 1: They know it's Mojo from Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 2: I honestly don't even know how it shows up, but that's my there. It is right there for I think it shows up. Honestly, I think because THEIRS showed up as just neighbor. It doesn't really say I don't know. I've never clicked on it. But here is my ring alert last night. And this is the one that I ask you, as you're listening to this radio show, have you ever had this happen to you.
Speaker 1: My ring alert last night was.
Speaker 2: Zero point four miles away from my house, which is actually about as close as these ring alerts sometimes get. I mean, you know what I mean, Like, that's pretty much. Yeah, it's next door, that's next door. And it was coyote spotted in our backyard. Keep your pets safe.
Speaker 3: Oh no, that scares me when you have little teeny tiny dogs.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I had that at eight thirty eight twenty six, to be exact, at night, which that is about the time actually nine is ish is when I take the dogs out the last time to go do their thing, and then I end up going you know and laying down and going to bed or whatever the deal is.
Speaker 1: So I was.
Speaker 2: Thinking to myself, like, do I just say no and you know, let them hold it for a little bit and bring them out when it's you know, light out in the morning. I'm like, oh, I can't do that because I would just screw them up. Who wants to sit there and have to wait to go to the bathroom. So I'm like, all right, I got to get out there with them, which typically what I do is I will go out with them, but I go out from Afar.
Speaker 3: I try to are the at least you just let them out and they come back in.
Speaker 2: I let them out because they're pretty good about it. Yeah, and they we don't have one of those electric fences. The guy that did my landscaping screwed that thing up, that mother effort. So I have, you know, pretty much know how that the dogs are smart enough. Actually, my dogs are as lazy as I am. They ain't going very far. Know they coyote or coyote coyote, but has anybody ever had a coyote like you know issue where coyote eighth. I'm worried about the coyote eating me. Yeah, I forget the dogs. My cousin they live near North Farmington High School, Okay, and they have coyotes in their area. And I thought coyotes were more of like a wyoming thing, Like I didn't think that they were like Metro Detroit. I didn't know they were that closed. But they run into the same issue where the backyard. There's coyotes in the actual Detroit area, Like there's people that spot them on Finkle.
Speaker 1: Where are they coming from?
Speaker 3: I don't know West and I saw a pack of them. I've only ever seen like one random one. We saw a pack of them across the street maybe like a week or Two's crazy, like four just boom boom boom, one right after the other.
Speaker 4: Was that?
Speaker 1: Was that a coyote gang? I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's scary, but I mean, this is a very random fact. But I guess this is my job reporting the dirty. Jessica Simpson's little dog was eaten by a coach. Oh really, I remember that story because whenever we get the alert on our neighborhood facebook page, I get so nervous because I have a little teeny tiny dog like you do too, and I normally just let my dogs out in the backyard because we have a fenced in backyard.
Speaker 5: But it doesn't matter. They'll get yeah, they find a way in always here. Why are they migrating? I think because everybody were building on their homes. It's like the deer we take, We took away all their homes. I worry about coyotes. I also will tell you this, I I worry about the deer. At some point, the deer aren't going to find animals or things to eat. They're gonna eat eat us. You don't like the deer, I don't like the deer. You don't like I think we need to un I listen.
Speaker 1: I like you, and you're an animal human guaranteed if you are. Yeah, okay, guys, you're right.
Speaker 2: Eight four four Mojo Live eight four four six six five sixty five four eight is our telephone number? Texts ninety five five zero zero. What are you more afraid of? If you're taking your dogs out channing? Are you more afraid of coyotes? Or are you more afraid of skunks and raccoons and all?
Speaker 1: Like? Raccoons have beady eyes?
Speaker 3: Honestly?
Speaker 1: Coyotes really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they say that I just googled this thank you to Actually it was uh Google chat or whatever.
Speaker 1: Their chatchypt is.
Speaker 2: Gemini, and it says coyotes are fearful of humans and will not bother you. Yeah, so says the fake AHI and and says that they normally won't bother you, which you should watch out for. Interestingly, enough, are skunks and raccoons. So I just mentioned that and it pops up on them.
Speaker 3: Did you imagine my little Charlie gets to sixteen years old, which he is, and that's the way he goes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, spray out.
Speaker 3: You know what the coyote eats?
Speaker 2: Can. I be honest with you, Charlie's life is kind of like my dog's life. It really wasn't that much of an unbelievable life, like it was just kind of chiny, Be honest. Charlie's like, you know, Okay, we're great. He's probably like thinking I could have had a greater life, but I now have to be with her. But no, no, but think about this. That would go out in a great way. It'd be like a military pilot going down with his plane. You know, we would have we would have a five star situation right there.
Speaker 3: Do you have big birds in your area too, because whenever West, whenever West's like a I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: A hawk?
Speaker 6: Hawks like you get the dog in that's really I lived by a bunch of lakes and the hawks are always on the lakes, and I've seen it before where the hawks dive into the water and go after fish and stuff.
Speaker 3: Sweet seven pound dog, they.
Speaker 2: Strong claws hold on. Taylor's on with us right now? Taylor, Hi, Hi, Mojo?
Speaker 4: So I live at eleven mile around Okay, Yes, Stan and hawks are a real thing. They put hawks the warnings for the hawks on the scanner to make sure you get your small dogs in because we have a small dog. We have a Yorkie. But another big thing we have to worry about is foxes. There's so many foxes.
Speaker 7: In the area.
Speaker 4: What I've seen, I've seen them, yes, yes, all right.
Speaker 1: So the that there's I didn't realize that there's that.
Speaker 4: I was totally like driving down the road. You'll like, I was driving and at first I thought it was like a small dog, and then I'm like, wait, it's kind of fluffy. Isn't a cat?
Speaker 7: Oh no, it's kind of pointy.
Speaker 4: In twenty years, that's a fox.
Speaker 1: Wow, that would that would scare the crap out of me.
Speaker 4: Usually not a fox is traveling packs.
Speaker 1: So yeah, ever alone. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know about you, but I got to be quite honest with you.
Speaker 2: I just think it's a big ass dog from one of my neighbor's houses, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I would be worried about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, small animals, they will on'll.
Speaker 8: Eat them cow. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you remember this song at all? Because I should. This would be a great throwback, throw it down song. No, I know, thinks that the artist.
Speaker 7: I don't know that.
Speaker 1: You would know, would you guys get it? Maybe I'll throw it in this Friday.
Speaker 8: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Ready, here's tailor the f I know you'll have it in your head all day. I love you, Taylor, take care of yourself. What's up, Haley? What's going on?
Speaker 1: How are you doing? Okay?
Speaker 2: I was a little scared taking those little dogs out, But what's happening.
Speaker 1: You live in a you live in a rural area.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we have about eight acres split between us and our neighbors. And when you guys brought out this topic, it was something that obviously touched us. So we had a little eight pound Yorky and my mom was actually outside when it happened. It was about five am and all she heard was the screeching. So we took him into the emergency that and unfortunately the coyote was big enough to wear his mouth had punctured the lung of our little puppy and we had to end up putting him down due to infection. So you coyote in your area, Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: That is, by the way, that is sad. That's that's a horrible way to go, you know.
Speaker 7: But they're all over, so just be careful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you for the call, Thank you for the warning.
Speaker 1: Uh, Nathaniel, what's going on? Nathaniel?
Speaker 8: Hey Mojo, first time, long time? Hey.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So I used to live in Indiana while my wife was going to school down at Ayuka, Hoosiers.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 8: So my next door neighbor they had a little like a Chihuaha type dog and one morning I went missing and it was gone for a couple of days, and when I came back, was wearing like, you know, those like little psyche things that they put on signs keep birds off of. Yeah, I was wearing a little vest like that. I asked them, what's up. I'm like, oh, it got picked up by a hawk. Their school bus driver that dropped their kid off ended up finding it at the school, which is like a mile away from our house, and had like four legs broken, three ribs revived.
Speaker 2: You were when you were asking it, you were talking to the dog, and the dog was answering back, or who are you talking to?
Speaker 1: It sounded like, oh, your next door neighbor, Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm like I thought he was like yeah, And then it came back wearing a vest and I'm like doctor.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they ended up putting a wow, them end up living.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I need one of those.
Speaker 2: Maybe I need one of those vest with spikes on it for the coyotes and stuff.
Speaker 1: It will, you know, walk up to it and can.
Speaker 2: Get poked like porcupon the Only problem is I'd have to put that thing on and off.
Speaker 1: I mean I already I'm I'm not as bad as Shannon.
Speaker 2: But Shannon, you have I see sometimes that you got pictures of Charlie with diapers on and stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, he has to have diaper on or else there'd be p all over my house.
Speaker 1: That doesn't That doesn't bode well that though, does it? Though? You have to kind of take it on and off when you take Charlie outside.
Speaker 3: Oh, I changed his diaper like you change as many times the day as you change a baby diaper.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, that's correct.
Speaker 3: I'm right by the door to go, Oh my god, as soon as he comes in diaper on.
Speaker 2: See I told you Charlie wants to go out in a good way. Poor bastard's wearing a diaper ball.
Speaker 3: It's not because of incontinence. It's because he's super type A. So anywhere he smells the other dogs.
Speaker 2: He'll look just like, yeah, what's what's up Cleveland, c Hey, good morning, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Hey? I live at twelve Van van Dyke.
Speaker 9: So one day I come home, I pull up in front of my house.
Speaker 1: The squirrel dark under my car.
Speaker 9: So when I get out the car, I can see the squirrel like poking his head out looking. I'm like, wow, is the squirrel doing this?
Speaker 1: I look up.
Speaker 9: It's a hawk circling the area. The squirrel actually kid under my car in my tire whale because he knew that the squirrel was talking. Oh my god, was trying to get him. Craziest thing I have seen that is wild, Like National Geography.
Speaker 2: It is at eleven mile in Mound. Is that where you said it was?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Where was twelve and Van Dyke? Twelve and Van Dyke Okay, yeah, that was one of the colors before that.
Speaker 9: And I have four Palme Range and so I had to get them all in the house too.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: It's interesting that when the animals just have no problem again with you, but they know that the hawks are around. What's it right now? Elizabeth says, it's some kind of special thing right now? What's going on?
Speaker 7: Hi, good morning.
Speaker 4: It's actually their mating season right now.
Speaker 7: I think January through March. You're in Michigan, so just.
Speaker 4: Keep a really close eye on all your little fur babies because they might get a little bit more aggressive and a little more pulled.
Speaker 7: And first time, long time I.
Speaker 1: Left on the floor.
Speaker 2: Watch out for those horny coyotes that are out there. What's up, Diane High?
Speaker 7: Hey, how are you?
Speaker 2: And Mojoe? I'm great? Hey, keV. Watch out for the deer. They're little bastards.
Speaker 4: Why Diane, My sister let her dogs out there?
Speaker 9: Were my sister.
Speaker 4: My daughter's dog was there too, so they had three of them out there playing and for one dog got kicked in the face and.
Speaker 1: Broke its cheekbone. Yeah, the little asshole. I stopped, did I stopped?
Speaker 7: Have surgery and everything to fix it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Wow, that's by. Can I tell you something.
Speaker 2: I look at these deer all the time, and they have those eyes and they don't They used to be fearful of you, like they would hear a noise and they would run. Now they actually are like I'll take you. They're looking at property lines. They're like, this was my property at one point before you thank you, Diana appreciate it, no problem, Texter says, you guys got to watch out in Eastern Market. You guys have animals just roaming the streets. That was one of the funniest time afternoons we've ever had. All of a sudden, we look outside the window and what was it. Yeah, it's just like running down the street. I'm thinking to myself, that thing is gonna get seventy five.
Speaker 1: Right, Butcher's chasing it. That that thing's actually either got one of two things.
Speaker 2: It's going to die in one of those butcher shops or it's going to hit a semi and right there. Hold on, wait, no, no, chrissy, chrissy. What are the coyotes in the city called.
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 10: We used to just call them like rusty or like like like rowdy or ghetto coyotes. So I used to look at like Evergreen and uh Finkle. There was like a manufacturing.
Speaker 7: Center there, and in the mornings.
Speaker 10: After after all the drivers came in that the coyotes would come out from like the little little bare minimum forest area between the the like the assembly plant and the houses.
Speaker 1: See, they would beat off all the scraps they're in the city. You got to watch out. They're not just in.
Speaker 2: They're not just in you know, out suburbs of you know, Detroit, Gran Rapids and Toledo.
Speaker 1: They're actually in our cities. Guys. Watch out for those guys.