Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can. They printing money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers tam Cats.
Speaker 3: Hi, everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Sunday afternoon. Hope you're staying cool wherever you may be. Thanks for being with us as your Los Angeles Dodgers sixty nine and forty two on this season, first place atop the NL West. As we speak, though, the Dodgers lead in the division is down to ten games after dropping the first two games of the series to the Boston Red Sox. The Dodgers look to salvage the series with a win on Sunday night.
Speaker 4: Base image sheen on the mound.
Speaker 3: First pitch from Uliklow Field the Dodgers to stadium is coming up at four twenty and we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck. The biggest news of the day. Trek Scouble is a Dodger. Officially, the trade is done a three for one as River Ryan in two minor league prospects, including Zayir Hope.
Speaker 4: We'll go to Detroit.
Speaker 3: Trek Scuble now a Los Angeles Dodger. He'll make his first start on Tuesday in Chicago at Wrigley Field with the Dodgers going to take on the Cubbies. More on that throughout. Dodgers on Deck coming up in about forty five minutes, you are going to hear from the President of Baseball Operations Andrew Freeman, so don't you go anywhere. We'll get the latest on how this trade was pulled off and when exactly they came to an agreement. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. Of course, we've got your Dodger's magical moment. We'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at La your Otani rewind and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the gaalpin Ford Broadcast booth. Well, last night, not a great night for the Dodgers. Is Yoshinobu Yamamoto game eight solid innings. Yeah, he pitched really well, navigating his way through eight innings. He got three runs on four hits. He gave up an early home run in the first.
Speaker 2: Next to pitch from Yamamoto is the first one to Rafaela and he drives it deep left center field and is gone. A home run back to back games for Rafaela. He has thirteen home runs on the season and for Yamamoto, he's just giving up his fourteenth. That's one nothing Red Sox.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you Ruphella has been really something to watch in the first two games. He's got really quick hands and generates some bat speed. That was a breaking ball pretty much down the middle. Rapaela wasted no time to hit it out.
Speaker 3: Sit down, Rafaela with a home run more on him coming up in just a minute. That gave the Red Sox a one nine in the lead. Then in the bottom of the second, Freddie Freeman all for te Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 2: They Oscar Hernandez two forty eight average, nine home runs. Takes the pitch from Tony and hits it deep to right field. Heading back is a bray you east to the wall.
Speaker 1: He looks up and.
Speaker 4: That ball is gone.
Speaker 2: It's a two run shot for Taoscar Emma.
Speaker 4: Dodgers take the lead.
Speaker 6: It's two to one.
Speaker 2: Home run number ten for Teoscar Hernandez.
Speaker 6: Somebody get the sunflower seeds ready.
Speaker 3: Te Oscar Hernandez goes deep a two run home run, his tenth of the season, and the Dodgers took a two to one lead. But Sadan Rafaelai I told you you'd hear his name again in the top of the thirty answered back with a second solo home run off of Yoshinobu Yamamoto that tied the game at two. The only hits allowed by Yamamoto through seven innings were those home runs in the first and third innings. He retired thirteen consecutive hitters after off Yella's second blast, and that, of course, with the top tier play of the game, bright to by Arco quality top tier gas for less. The only other hints allowed by Yamamoto through seven innings.
Speaker 4: Well, they came in the eighth inning.
Speaker 3: Is the leadoff double the left field, then Jared Durant's bunt single moved Monasterio over to third, and then Connor long A double play. Grounder scored a run, the go ahead run and the eventual game winning run for the Boston Red Sox as they take a three to two series lead. The Dodgers and Yamamoto would go eight innings, turned it over to Alex Vesia for a scoreless ninth, but unfortunately, the Dodgers, despite out hitting the Red Sox last night ten to four, lose the second game with this three game series by a final of three to two. As Yama Moto suffers a loss, He's now eleven and seven on this season. The Dodgers dropped to sixty nine and forty two. Their overall lead in the division as we speak is only ten games over the Arizona Diamondbacks. The Dodgers now look to avoid getting swept by the Socks. Image sheen on the Mount. It's Sunday Night Baseball from the Ravine. First pitch coming up at four twenty and with more we head out to the Gap and Ford Broadcast booth as.
Speaker 4: We welcome in Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday. Guys.
Speaker 7: All right, Tim, we get ready for Game number one hundred and twelve. The Dodgers seeking to avoid being swept by the Red hot Red Sox.
Speaker 4: But the story of the day.
Speaker 7: Is Tarek Schouble has come to The Dodgers found out about it late last night. Dave Roberts found out about it about the first pitch of the game. He got a call from the Andrew Friedman and the big Fish in the trade deadline. The Dodgers caught him.
Speaker 6: Well, it's amazing and the congrats to everybody that is involved in this deal. I mean a lots of different pieces of this puzzle had to be working together. So the Dodgers acquired the two time raginning America League Cy Young Award. When a Trek Scoobl who was asked last night, he said, well what about the trade and he said, look, I'm excited to be a part of the Dodgers and trying to make it a three peet on that end of it. And we find out that he will join this ball club sometime today and be on that flight to Chicago after the ballgame. But you know it's the old like the old game show, the price is right. Well, evidently the price was right in working with Detroit and for schoobl to come on and now join this starting rotation. This is something but you can add all kinds of guys, the Dodgers and the lead in you're talking about against the Red Sox. The Dodgers, this would be a perfect time to start playing better baseball that they have really been challenged the last three weeks.
Speaker 7: And so you talk about the need for three or four starters in a postseason rotation.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers had eight.
Speaker 8: Eight.
Speaker 1: That's not to say.
Speaker 4: They're going to use them all.
Speaker 7: The bullpen is going to get a little bit fatter, but it is astonishing when you think about what they've got. Well, they've got school. Well, yeah, I'm a Moto Snell, Glasnow, Sosak lower San who started today and show Hey Tani talk about a ball a big bowl to pick front.
Speaker 6: Yeah it is, but keep in mind this is game number one hundred and twelve. There's still some water. It has to go under the bridge. Remember a few years ago that I just went to spring training where I saying, oh, you had three closers out of the bullpen. Guess what happened? All three got injured and he had to go to the backup.
Speaker 9: Guys.
Speaker 6: We're not saying that's going to happen. Hopefully it's not going to happen. But all in all, this is a just a marvelous group when you look at the different opportunities really to come on and give your ball club chances to win with who goes on the mountain.
Speaker 4: This deal is a very big deal.
Speaker 7: It changes a dynamic now of the trade deadline. What are the Phillies going to do? What of Milwaukee? What are the rest of them are going to do? Because again the big fish has been caught.
Speaker 4: Charlie.
Speaker 6: One of the things you and I talked about two days ago is the fact is that if the Dodgors do not land Scooble, whoever does land him is in a better situation. So it's also a case of like who did not get into the mix and get scoobled?
Speaker 7: And so today and at Shia, we'll go for this Dodgers. Jake Bennett will start for the Red Sox. He's a lefty, and we'll get to the lineup's first pitch in detail that matchup a little later on in the hour too.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 3: We're off and running here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck as we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fans get that game, damil On, It's Shaky's Pizza Parlor.
Speaker 4: What are your Shaky's Pizza Chicken?
Speaker 3: Amojo's right now at shakys dot com. Coming up, you are gonna hear from Andrew Freeman, the president of Baseball Operations. Well, also here from Joe Kelly, who's been around Dodger Stadium this weekend. We'll check you with Mariachi Joe type deeper to this pitchy matchup.
Speaker 4: We got your magical moment.
Speaker 3: Kirsten Watson from Sports in La is gonna check in it as well. A big day for the Dodgers as they take on the Red Sox. Trek Scooble is officially wearing Dodger blue. You'll pitch on Tuesday in Chicago. That's a big store. It's a big deal as the Dodgers go for a three feet First things first tonight, take care of business with the Boston Red Sox on Sunday Night.
Speaker 4: Baseball first pitch of four twenty. Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: Hi, it's Johil Donnie Casey Soldiers on deck. Listen to every game on the hight Hut Radio.
Speaker 3: Up Dodgers in Red Sox Sunday Night baseball, final game of this three game series, final game of the home stands. The Dodgers will get out and play it. Head to Chicago, and that's what they'll meet up with. Trek Skuble, the newest Dodger acquired in a trade officially made this morning.
Speaker 4: He'll pitch on Tuesday.
Speaker 3: More on that coming up throughout the hour, and we'll also hear from Andrew Freeman coming up in just a little bit. First pitch for twenty.
Speaker 2: This is the Otani rewinde out of Texas Christian University in the second round. Now all hits Chuckley on the ground left side into the left field. That's a base hit. Otani now is nine for his last seventeen and a leadoff single and the time run aboard right away show hey.
Speaker 3: Otani goes one for three on base twice last night, including a walk, now hitting two ninety one on this season and on base percentage near four hundred. However, the Red Sox came back and beat the Dodgers last night, three to two.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson Hey.
Speaker 3: Kirsten out Joins is brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate today, your car can be picked up tomorrow. It's official. Trek schoobl is a Dodger. Three players for one, then the Dodgers get the guy. Everybody who was trying to get at the trade deadline here soon.
Speaker 9: Unbelievable, unbelievable.
Speaker 10: There's really no other way to describe what Andrew Friedman and Brandon Gomes the front office was able to achieve. You know, they have been so masterful when it comes to not only just building the talent that they have internally, but understanding you know where trades could really be the best fit and so ord only if you mentioned to take three players to get the times that young reigning winner like so many, It's like it feels laughable at times to be saying this out loud, like one more person coming to the Los Angeles Dodgers, or they're on the goals to its repeat.
Speaker 1: So it is.
Speaker 10: It's remarkable. Rek is on his way to Los Angeles and he will be during the team this evening and is expected to have to start on Tuesday in Chicago. But even just like walking around the clubhouse last night, I mean the fact that there was not any player that was currently on the Dodgers roster that was either packing up or you know, preparing to make a move. Everyone was safe in that clubhouse, which just shows how much stronger this team now is. And you add essentially another eight. I know we have to talk about like who's the eighth of the Dodgers. It's Yoshino Yamamoto, but like now, I don't know, there's like twenty five of them at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you think about the riches the Dodgers have and what they're getting back from injuries still to come, and you added Serk's Scooble to this rotation and he's going to the start on Tuesday in the second game of the three game series against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field. This Dodgers team, kirst In the last two years they were pretty deep. This is about as deep as you can get in and not only in a rotation but a roster.
Speaker 1: No, it is.
Speaker 10: And you know what's interesting when you look at just the last two World Series in twenty twenty four, how they won was really with the focus on the bullpen because there were so many injuries to the rotation, just not as much I guess reliability when it came to the rotation, but you had the support of the bullpen. Then you go into twenty twenty five and you look at how they were able to win the World Series, and it was all of the rotator. All you'd used was starters in different situations and what things made sense. So whether we saw Blake Snell, Tyler Glasow coming out of the bullpen, even to Yoshinobio Mo toasting him come out of the bullpen when you'd be but you saw just a different setup as what it required to win. So now you come into twenty twenty six and yes, things there are some unknowns this year. Obviously you have Blake Snell, who has one more rehab assignment before he returns, but his last one he looks excellent. Then you've got Tyler glass Now who's had a lot of issues with his back this year. Just whether it's the start and stop you mean he was going, he was playing text and I set him down. He's finally in a position where he can now begin his rehab assignment, which is also going to be it should be on Tuesday as well. Chohyotani, you have his knee as well, So there's a lot of question marks around just the rotation, and so bringing someone like Terrek Scrubel who won. We know that he had the surgery and earlier this year to remove those loose bodies. But he's in a really good spot. I mean, even when you look at just the numbers and his last outing with the Tigers. Unfortunately they didn't lose that game, but he was excellent and his seglieve it was his seven innings of work. And so he comes not to a team where there's so much support, he's also going to be able to be very well rested. The Dodgers are still a situation where they can continue with their six man rotation. They have now guys, whether it's Justin Robleski, whether it's a Machian, Eric Lawer, Rogi Sasaki, you have all of these other guys who now can help support the bullpen it need be. You can potentially see ways where Roles could look a little bit different, because even I mean if you look at show Haeg when he comes back, he's going to have to build back up, and we know that he's not someone who builds up at the Triple A or at the minor league level. He's going to build up at the big league level.
Speaker 1: But now you have.
Speaker 10: Opportunity for whether it's Eric, whether it's Justin or even someone like Emmett, you have someone who can provide some length to protect Showhy so that all of these guys are in the best position come October. And that is what the Dodgers play for. So this is going to be changes things and it's insane. You know, I would have loved been a fly on the wall listening to how this all came together. Yeah, because it's remarkable what Andrew and Brandon can do.
Speaker 3: It is unbelievable what they can do putting together or waster the guys they can continue to bring in to make this team even better. Kiris did We appreciate it, and we'll check in with you tomorrow, Chicago.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: As we lead you up to first pitch Sunday Night Baseball, it's the Dodgers and the Red Sox. As we get you ready for first pitch, coming up, we'll hear from the manager Dave Roberts and the latest injury news.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Decade Tin News.
Speaker 4: Is we lead you up to Dodgers and Red.
Speaker 3: Sox on Sunday Night Baseball Marongo Casino Resort at SPA A Grand Slam for good times.
Speaker 4: Image shean on the mount first pitch at four twenty.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury Report presented.
Speaker 3: By UCLA Healthy Official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Block Stewart on the IL with the right shoulder inflammation, Blake trying it on the IL with the right elbow inflammation.
Speaker 4: He is throwing the hitters. Tyler Glasnow on the iel.
Speaker 3: It's gonna go out in a minor league rehab assignment on Tuesday in Ontario, as is Blake Snell.
Speaker 4: On the IL.
Speaker 3: He'll make a rehab start in Triple A Oklahoma City on Tuesday. Will Smith doing baseball activity, still ramping up. Can take three to four weeks for him to get back to the major league roster. All right, Big Dave for the Dodgers. Trek Schooble acquired in a trade three for one including River Ryan and zayear Hope plus another minor leaguer Big Days. They pick up the reigning Cy Young Award winner from the American League, and the Detroit Tigers will ted back out to the.
Speaker 4: Ravine and check out with the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 9: Any questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts? Hey, what did you might he started?
Speaker 9: David right before the first pitch? Yeah, right before the first pitch, I said, I heard that it was pretty much done, but there's obviously things that have to go on, you know, with medicals, so it wasn't actually even finalized. It just you know, heard that it was pretty much close.
Speaker 8: To you guys quite some time.
Speaker 5: See, I should get across the benishline.
Speaker 1: What was I going to do after you guys are forwards?
Speaker 9: The jet guys. Yeah, I think obviously you can feel the energy, the excitement, you know, the buzz and this was a different year in the sense that it was it was schoobl or nothing. I think essentially, where we have a lot of good players a lot of good depth and already and so there wasn't a whole lot of you know, in typical years, there's a lot of speculation and guys wondering where they're going to land, if someth's gonna happen. But I think this year, you know, even with this addition, we obviously got a whole lot better. But you know, guys are going to be the guys and the roles or the roles, and you know, we're just like I said, we're just thrilled. You have a new relationship with him at all. You know him through pass No, I'm I'm mad at the All Star Game a couple of years ago. That's about it. But a great guy. Obviously, you always kind of vet players and kind of what makes them tick and what makes them special. So I definitely and I do that with a lot of players. So you know, everything I've heard about him is he's just a great competitor, wants to win, prepares the right way, and uber talented.
Speaker 1: Who told you where? And just you remember what your like finitial reaction was.
Speaker 9: What I was wearing. I talked to Andrew for the game.
Speaker 1: Were you in uniform? Dave?
Speaker 11: Assuming help just where would you frank this rotation.
Speaker 1: All the time?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean, I I haven't done the you know, one, two, three, four, five, six, side by side, but yeah, I mean it's hard to see any you know, of our the guys that I've seen, I don't want to kind of put it against I'm not talking about the Braves in the nineties. Just as far as what I've seen, this is as good as i've seen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you got in the opportunity to talk to school and if so, is there any TV share?
Speaker 9: I talked to him last night after their game in Sacramento and just kind of chatted with them, and he'll be here today and at some point tonight. So he's excited. Obviously there's a lot of you know, his best friends only Teamy knew a lot of great memories. But he's excited to be a part of this.
Speaker 4: Did you think you guys were going to get over the last couple of days?
Speaker 9: You know? I honestly, I personally don't put too much hope into anything because a lot of it doesn't happen. And I think that just for fear of being let down or disappointed, all the while knowing that the guys are gonna do the best job they can, which what's best for the organization. Just knowing the prospects that we did have, they were laser focused on this particular player. So I was hopeful, but not overly like it needs to happen type thing.
Speaker 6: Last year you talked about the opportunity to go look back to that being some special motivation.
Speaker 1: Do you think that this year, being able to go for a three p add in some like more incentive to be aggressive.
Speaker 9: At the deadline. I mean, I think that that's more of you know, for Andrew and Brandon to answer. I think for me, this is a separate year. Honestly, I want to win this year, and all I care about is winning in twenty twenty six. The byproduct is that would mean we'd win three in a row. But you know, some of the guys weren't a part of twenty five or twenty four and twenty five, and this is just a separate year for me. So it's probably some of the calculus of you know, icing on the top, go for it whatever, but that's not for me. This is I want to win this year.
Speaker 11: Obviously outside of school makes your reportation better.
Speaker 1: How do you see the.
Speaker 11: Impact of him, especially with show He's uncertainty down the stretch.
Speaker 9: Of the regular season. Well, I think that we're still planning on getting show Hey built up. So I think with regards to Show Hey, I really don't think it has any impact. You know, we have a plan to build him up slowly, methodically, and that would have happened if this trade would have would have happened or not. So it's not like because where we're at right now, we've got to get going. So it's not a matter of if he can take down an He's give us bias some more time, certainly made us better. But I think with regard to Show Hey, I think that the plan is the plan change.
Speaker 11: Your post season. I know we have some time to get their rotation calculus in terms of any starters if you want to free but the calculation and they'll trickle down effect of maybe movie that we started the whole.
Speaker 9: Met Well, fortunately we don't have to make that decision obviously. I think now until October, there's a lot of you know, thinking and games and you and you can play make believe and kind of see what could happen and prognosticate, but you don't know until we know who's healthy at that point in time, we have a lot of good options. And then the fact of the matter is that some of the guys that aren't going to start are going to have to go to the pen, and so we've done that over years, and that's just kind of the way it goes.
Speaker 6: I know, you kind of picture that plan for the time.
Speaker 9: I think that's all contingent on his build up. I think the thing is is that obviously, you know, we don't have that We're not going to have that luxury to the rehab situation. So I think it's going to look a little bit like what we did last year, and so go from there, and then once we get to a point, you know, in the middle of September, we'll have a better idea of what it looks like.
Speaker 3: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts, talking about Trek Schooble. He's already talked to him, expects him to join the team this afternoon evening as they then we'll get on a plane and head to Chicago as they start a road trip with a three game series at Wrigley Field beginning tomorrow, and Trek Scooble expected to get the start on Tuesday and what will be his major League debut. We'll hear from the President of Baseball Operations Andrew Freeman. Coming up in about fifteen minutes. As we continue here on Morago can see no Dodgers on deck, We'll hear from Joe Kelly Mariachi. Joe played for both the Dodgers and the Red Sox. I'm sure he's got his thoughts on this Dodgers team and where they're headed here in twenty twenty six as the season moves on in the month of August.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 3: Sunday Night Baseball from Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium coming up at four twenty. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the Blue All season.
Speaker 3: Long, Dodgers and Red Sox Sunday Night Baseball, Dodgers trying to salvage a series with a win.
Speaker 4: Immachian on the Mount.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Alpto, born in La and made for your game day. Alpato brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salsas and hot saucas right to your plate every single time. Helpato Gormee and I can one guy who has seen both sides of this Dodger's Red Sox matchup, Mariachi Joe sitting by with David Vesse.
Speaker 9: All right, Tim.
Speaker 5: Yesterday, after Joe Kelly was celebrated again at Dodger Stadium, I had a chance to catch up with him and he gave us a really great detailed explanation about the difference between Otani the pitcher and Otani the hitter when it pertains to his left knee.
Speaker 8: If he's healthy, obviously he to put on the pitch when he's not one hundred percent healthy either. You know, I don't know exactly what's going on like everyone else, but having Otani, if he's ready to pitch, I don't see why you wouldn't. When he's pitching and he's healthy, you know, that's a that's a win for you in itself, right if he just is seventy percent of what he does will win you a baseball game. So that's luxury of having an Otani. So if he's healthy and he gives you, like I said, a bare minimum of seventy percent is better than someone else is one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's a great point.
Speaker 5: I mean, when you look at seventeen Otani's seventeen, can you explain to us how we're supposed to really understand the fact that he can do what he does as an offensive player, run the bases, go first to third, slide, hit home runs.
Speaker 4: But the left knee is a problem.
Speaker 5: The landing lake when he pitches is there is there a huge difference as far as what he's able to do as a hitter and a pitcher.
Speaker 8: There is I would say a massive difference between running, sliding, and even jumping right. I've tore my hamsterring a few times running the bases. You know, I was able to walk faster, I was able to jump. But the last thing you could do with a hamstring, which isn't a knee, right, is your lead leg you land, And I think the pressure and the amount of force you put in the ground for throwing a baseball is.
Speaker 4: Analytically the data wise.
Speaker 8: Is probably three times the amount you put in if you're going up for a rebound of basketball. Right, The force you put in the ground going down the mound and landing to be able to throw one hundred miles an hour is extreme, right, So for example, for myself only weighing one hundred and eighty five pounds, the amount of force I was able to put into the mountain with the numbers on let's say a force plate was more than anyone else's numbers. You know, in an organization at that time, when you know, guys who weigh two hundred and twenty pounds should be able to put more force into the ground. But it's at that point it's not a weight thing. It's about how much torque or how much force you're putting into the ground. For new mechanics, and you know, if you're throwing a ball at one hundred miles an hour, like I said, the force you put into your landing leg, which is you know, your lead leg or or your your plant leg, whatever you want to call it, and then the way that your knee at that point extends and then collapses and then it kind of goes back and forth. To put that pressure of all your body weight moving is I don't know the exact number, but I guarantee you it's three times more force than you would if you're running top speed because that movement is so fast and so small, and it basically is the breaks for a picture, right, you know that. And then obviously you know rotator, cuff, labor and all that, right, the muscles that slow down the arm. So to make it clear, yes, it is way harder, extremely difficult to if you have a banged up knee to land and plant because if you're not right there, you're gonna blow out your elbow, your blo your shoulder, your tern oblique, like something else is gonna happen. Right, But running you could run through a little bit of soreness, or you could hit with a little bit soreness, right, because if it's his left knee, then it's his back leg, right, it's the same thing. If it was a right handed hitter. I don't know if you'd be able to hit as well, because it's a kind of the same mechanics where you're you're planting in your front knee is kind of doing the same thing you do is rotating on the mountain. So it makes sense that you know, he can't pitch as of now, right until whatever it is that goes away, because like I said, if you go out there and you're and you're pitching and you're and you're trying to baby it or you're trying to you know, shy away from it. Like I said, you're gonna either hit your arm or you'll end up hurting something else.
Speaker 5: That is the best explanation we have gotten from anybody, no joke. And Joe Kelly, that's why he's a coach of the youth. Now moving forward at Corona. Great to have you back here at Dodger Stadium and you certainly didn't make baseball boring today.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: My boss will appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Also there he is Mariachi Joe. Wouldn't let me wear the jacket at the White House, But maybe next time after the three pet.
Speaker 8: You're a little too heavy for it. Maybe if you get on you know, the jab or something, you might lose a couple of pounds. You can wear the Mariachi jacket. You get yourself a little JLP one and I'll send it your way.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's goals to live by. Thanks Mariachi Joe, you're one of a kind. Appreciate it all right, we'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim all right, thanks a lot of DV. Thank you, Joe.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Ford's Summer Sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year. Ford the official vehicle a Major League baseball still to come. Here On Dodgers on Deck, you are going to hear from Andrew Freeman, Dodgers President of Baseball Operations, on how this trade went down. Trek Scooble is a Dodger, a three for one deal River Ryan's I hear hope and another minor league prospect go to Detroit.
Speaker 4: Trek Scooble is a Dodger. Officially, we'll make.
Speaker 3: His first start in a Dodger uniform on Tuesday at Rigley Field in Chicago. First things first, So Dodgers need to take care of business tonight against the Red Sox, salvage of this series in the final game of this three game set. When we return your magical moment, I'm Tim Kass, the back to back.
Speaker 4: World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers and the Red Sox.
Speaker 3: Sunday Night Baseball from the Ravine as the Dodgers look to win the final game of this series after dropping the first two ima She and Jake Bennett.
Speaker 4: The pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at four twenty.
Speaker 1: Who wants the hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. It's Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 4: Well the Dodgers taken on the Red Sox.
Speaker 3: We go back to August twenty seven to twenty twenty three, three years ago at Fenway Park in Boston. The Dodgers defeated the Red Sox seven to four on a hot August night. Mookie Betts had three RBIs, a solo home run from James Outman once around the park James, and then of course a couple of doubles from Freddy Freeman.
Speaker 1: So Murphy the left.
Speaker 2: Hander to faced Freddy Freeman, Dodgers up one nothing. Freddie first ball swinging, hits a fly ball to the left and this ball is gonna be off the wall. Freddie in with another double, a wall double for Freddy Freeman and a runner at second and nobody out and Freddy Freeman now is sits alone as the Los Angeles ERA leader in doubles in a single season with fifty, and he is two away from the Dodgers all time record of fifty two that was set in nineteen twenty nine by Johnny Frederick.
Speaker 6: We're not even all the hoy through August.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Freddie Freeman with a pair of doubles to get over fifty on the season. By the way, Freddie Freeman still sitting on five hundred and seventy four career doubles, tied with Charlie Garringer and Bobby and Bray. You in top twenty five on the all time list as Hoffey Matchical Molma brought to by Hafey Hot Dogs, Haffey Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Haffy Hunt Dogs Local and so great.
Speaker 4: Will we continue here on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 3: We all check in with Charlie Steiner, Rick Monday and the crew coming up, and David Vats will go high and tight with Andrew Freeman. Don't want to go anywhere as he leads up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Red Sox Sunday Night Baseball. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Now this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Tech on your home for the blue All Season law.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Red Sox Sunday Night Baseball im machine on the MOUNTA time now for the Verizon startup is we're thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your so Cal Verizon store today.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basse, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: All right, Rick, the big news is the Dodgers have acquired Trek school Ball. We found out during the postgame show. Everybody in La is excited. He even wrote Schooble's name on my to go order too.
Speaker 6: You know, it's even a better excuse and reasons to listen to you because I, along with everyone else, learned about that acquisition listening to you right after the ballgame while I was in the car, and so, you know, kudos to you able to break the news here in Los Angeles. How about the front office, Because there's so many different moving pieces, it sounds easy enough when you're a fan, he said, Hey, I want our team to be able to maybe stretch through wings, maybe to improve, and why not we trade for this guy. But there's so many different pieces of the puzzle to be able to make it fit. How many other teams we're presenting their pieces of the puzzle to the Detroit Tigers in order to try and make the deal. And for the Dodgers, all well and good. They add a tremendous asset to this organization of the ball club, at least the remainder of this season. But at the same time, one guy isn't going to do it. And I say that as an intro to the fact that we've been talking now the last number of days. The Dodgers need to play better baseball than what they have done really in the last two to three weeks.
Speaker 5: When you say play better baseball, it feels like the base running is at the top of the list.
Speaker 6: Well, there's no question about it. Five times in this homestand the Dodgers have had, i'll put it very nicely, less than stellar base running. It has cost them runs, it has cost them opportunities, and quite frankly, it has ended some innings and some threats that they've.
Speaker 5: Had isn't that a symptom of the Dodger offense really not firing on all cylinders and quite some time Rick guys trying to do a little bit too much.
Speaker 6: Maybe it might be because they're not having a high percentage of runners in scoring position as far as the opportunities, including in this series, So you know that might be one of the things. And trying to force the issue. But when you're constantly be being thrown out at second and third, or you don't score, when you're being waved around by your third base coach and you're not paying attention, or you're not paying attention as to a ball this hit deep and you're not tagging up, I know it's frustrating, and on the outside looking in, I'll be the first one to say, boy, this game looks a whole lot easier to play than it actually is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, being down there once in a while, I'll buy the dugout. The game is a lot faster on the field level than it is at the reserve level.
Speaker 6: And you know what's kind of crazy, And I tell people this, the closer you get for those fans, the closer your seats are to the stadium, you realize how difficult more difficult as you get closer this game is to play. You understand better on the speed the velocity of pitches. You understand better the speed and velocity of the ball hit off the bat. This game looks really easy if you're watching on television, it sounds easy. If you're listening on radio, and if you're in the upper deck, it looks a lot easier than it is if you're just standing or sitting right behind the dugout.
Speaker 5: Doesn't that go back to a couple of things, Rick, I've heard you talk about this having more team at bats than me at bats.
Speaker 6: Exactly well, and that's the same thing with the ABS system, the automatic balls, the strikes count we're seeing I think better disciplined times has been mandatory after painful reasons to see what is going on with the ABS system. And I ran across some numbers just the other day. Catchers, now this is coming. This is two days old. Catchers in challenges have been successful in fifty eight point eight percent of the time. Hitters have been successful in challenging calls forty seven point eight percent of the time, Pitchers only thirty six percent. That's one of the reasons that they don't want the pitchers doing a.
Speaker 9: Lot of those things.
Speaker 6: So Cincinnati Reds have the highest success rate of challenges at sixty three percent. They'll see the second highest team on the back end of this next road trip, that being the Arizona Diamondbacks. Who's last, well, Pittsburgh Pirates, then the Cleveland Guardians, and you start to look at different things. What about the Dodgers, Well, they're kind of in the middle of the pack, somewhere around the fifty seven to fifty eight percent have been success I really thought that when we heard about the ABS, I thought that the challenge would be a higher percentage of successful challenges. It happens to not be the case. By the way, umpires are averaging ninety three to ninety six.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the lesson, right, umpires are pretty good at their job.
Speaker 6: You'd better believe it.
Speaker 5: And also, when you see some of these strikes, it's barely touching the box.
Speaker 4: In the ABS.
Speaker 6: But David, now you're seeing it interpreted. That's always been the case. The baseball did not have to fit inside the strength zone. In the past, the ball only had to touch part of the strength zone. Now we're seeing it live at least on the diagram that comes back up, and he noticed the game stops. The players turn around, they look at the scoreboard, the fans all look at the scoreboard and how much has that reduced arguments in the game. A lot or people yelling out, come on, come on blue, which I don't like that term, come on blue, No umpire or call them by name, okay, all right, their actual name, not the name you want to attach.
Speaker 5: To them, exactly like tommylas Order would make up some new names.
Speaker 6: Oh you might there.
Speaker 2: Thanks Rick.
Speaker 5: We'll check back in with you at Charlie a little bit later. For now, we'll send it back to the studio.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks a lot. DV appreciate that. Thank you, Moe, as we lead you up to first pitch.
Speaker 3: Here on this Sunday, Dodgers Baseball's President by uniclow Field at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 4: Visit uniclo dot com slash us coming up.
Speaker 3: You're gonna hear for the President of Baseball Operations, the man of the day. Pull off the trade to get Trek's Google We're in a Dodger uniform. It's official. The trade is done. He'll make his debut on Tuesday in Chicago. But up next, Andrew Freeman, don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Katis's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Morongo Casino. Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: It's the Dodgers in Red.
Speaker 3: Sox Sunday Night Baseball image. She and Jake Bennett's the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at four twenty Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Shanky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night. Had Shakies dot Com And.
Speaker 1: Now what will likely be vassa fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: Well, Andrew Freeman has done it again. No word on whether or not he was in that bathrobe he was in during the Winter meetings a few years ago. But Trek Scooble is a Dodger, a two time cy Young Award winner, and Andrew's still in the thick of the trade deadline.
Speaker 4: So thank you so much for the time.
Speaker 12: Absolutely thanks for having me on.
Speaker 5: How much time do you have to enjoy being able to pull off this type of trade?
Speaker 12: Two and a half minute, the phone starting in right after, and obviously we're in the thick of it, and once we get to three o'clock tomorrow, that's when we can exhale and go hibernate.
Speaker 9: When did you.
Speaker 5: Believe you had a real shot that the Tigers liked what you had to offer?
Speaker 12: I think yesterday afternoon. Even then I would say that I was more confident, but not confident. You have no idea exactly what other teams were offering, and obviously in Scott Harris's interest to make it seem like it's more from other teams, and you know, he's probably saying that to every team. But we knew that what we put out there was aggressive and there was no way that someone was beating it by a lot. And so then the question was, you know, obviously how they see our guys, and you know, just through conversation felt reasonably confident. But until he called and said, hey, we have a deal, I wasn't sure.
Speaker 5: Can you tell us about the players that you sent to Detroit because it feels like they're not getting enough of the value that you saw in them when you acquired a few of these guys.
Speaker 12: Yeah, their hope is an incredibly talented outfielder, really good bat speed. He's improved his bat to ball, like the contact raid has increased while he's still doing damage. Great kid has really blossomed in our system and feel really confident he's gonna be a good major league player. River Ryan obviously we got to see some unfortunately head the UCL and the Tommy John came back from that this spring training. We got to see exactly just how electric he still was even after surgery. And then Brady Smith is a third round high school pitcher we took a few years ago, had Tommy John, but just has a really funky kind of low slot ride fastball, can really spin a baseball, really good athlete, and feel like, you know, it's a great bet on the come of what he's capable of and really talented and hated to, you know, partise him in this, but obviously have to give up really good players to acquire Trek Scoogle.
Speaker 5: I know how good Schooble is when he's on the mound, but you obviously witnessed what made Cruse shot great it wasn't just every fifth day, but the way he competed in the weight room, the way he pushed and had everybody feel that accountability to do the same. It feels like Schooble's that type of guy.
Speaker 12: Yeah, everything we've gotten on the guy, the makeup the competitor is as good as you could ask for, which in turn made us even more aggressive in trying to require him. It's like watching him last October gave me goosebumps. I love watching playoff baseball, especially when I don't care about the outcome. I hate watching our games, but love watching others, And it gave me goosebumps watching him compete last October. You could feel the energy through the TV and just the way he goes after hitters. It's rare to have that combination of power to your stuff and also feel in command. So to have that kind of dominant stuff and not walk guys, challenge hitters in the strike zone, be able to throw pitches kind of on to off to get miss. It's exactly how you draw it up. And he is incredibly talented and really excited about watching him compete in Dodger Blow.
Speaker 9: So is everybody else.
Speaker 5: Trek Scooble is a Dodger thanks to Andrew Friedman.
Speaker 9: Before I let you go.
Speaker 5: There's so much said out there that is not true when it pertains to this time of year. Everybody assumes that you acquired Schooble just because there's some conspiracy theory that Otani is not going to pitch again this year. Was that a factor in any of this, the uncertainty of that.
Speaker 12: No, I mean, we feel very confident the show will be back. You know, obviously Snell one more rehab outing then he'll be back. Glass is going out on rehab. As far as the injuries for those guys, we feel good that they're in the rear view mirror and now it's about just building up and getting him back here. Show will start playing catch this week. We feel as confident as we can that those guys will be back. But obviously in two months things can happen, and for us, this is the last real point in the year and the calendar to add.
Speaker 6: To your group.
Speaker 12: And so you know, we went into this trade deadline with the mindset of we are going to be aggressive for one player, Trek Scooble. If we don't line up on Trek's Schooble. We're good going as is, you know, maybe smaller moves here or there, but that was our mindset was we are going to be aggressive on one player because of how much we feel like he improves our championship odds. And fortunately we were able to line up.
Speaker 5: When does Scooble pitch for the first time for the Dodgers Tuesday night?
Speaker 1: Tune in?
Speaker 5: Will you be at Wrigley with us?
Speaker 12: I will I'll be hibernating.
Speaker 1: I will wake up to watch Trek Scooble.
Speaker 5: Though you'll be recovering from this trade deadline. Thanks a lot for the time. Andrew Freeman. Still eating healthy these days with the fruit again the blood sugar up. Hey, thank you again for the time. I know it's a busy U situation until tomorrow at three o'clock. But Trek Scooble is a Dodger.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 12: Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: There is.
Speaker 5: Andrew Freeman has been our guest. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim all right, thanks a lot of DV.
Speaker 3: Thank you to Andrew Freeman, President of Baseball Operations. Yeah, the trade deadline still is tomorrow at three o'clock Pacific. We'll see if the Dodgers are active either way moving forward, but already landed the prize jewel of the trade deadline and Trek Scooble who is he said, We'll make his Dodger debut Tuesday in Chicago, leading you out the first pitcher on Sunday Night Baseball, Dodgers in Red Sox.
Speaker 4: I'm next. We'll dive deep into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katson, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino, Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Lean you up to Dodgers in Red Sox on this Sunday afternoon. First pitch coming up at four to twenty.
Speaker 1: And now the Dodgers hit the dinam. We look at the pitching match shots.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by her Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 3: Jake Bennett on the mound six and four with a two seventy four eer. The twenty five year old left hand or, a second round pick of the Nationals in twenty twenty two, traded at the Red Sox. His past last offseason started the year in TRIPLEA. Made his major league debut back on May first, making his twelve start in the Big League's fastball sinker, change up sweeper.
Speaker 4: Last time out six and a third.
Speaker 3: Innings, three runs, six hits, four strikeouts and a loss to the Athletics. In the month of July, Bennett was really good four and one with a two to twenty ERA and twenty one strikeouts. He has been really good against left handed hitters, and the Dodgers got five of them in their starting lineup tonight. Against lefties, he's got a one fifty three batters average against zero extra base hits and fourteen strikeouts.
Speaker 4: This is his first time facing the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Emmett Shean on the mound, twenty six year old right hander making his twenty start. He is four and seven with a four ninety five ERA. Last time out, she and win five innings, one run, three hits, five strikeouts. That was a no decision against the New York Mets. Emmett Sheen hasn't completed six innings since June first, when he went six and a third.
Speaker 4: Against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Speaker 3: She And facing the Red Sox for the second time in his career and his first time ever at home. He got a win last July twenty fifth at Finway Pack. He pitched six or five Indians, allowed two runs on three hits while striking out five in the win. It's Emmett Shean and Jake Bennett the pitching matchup Dodgers in Red Sox. After the game tonight, Dodgers will get on a plane head to Chicago.
Speaker 4: Trek Scoble. We'll be going with them, as he will be joined.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers this afternoon, head to Chicago and newest member of the Blue and we'll wear a Dodger uniform on Tuesday when he takes a mount for the first time in LA against the Cubbies. All right, Dodgers and the Red Sox, we are fifteen minutes away from first pitch keys of the game of our next I'm Tim Kasons, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Hour.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All Season Log.
Speaker 3: It's Sunday Night Baseball Dodgers and the Red Sox, final game of this three game series. I mean she and Jake Bennett the pitching matchup Dodgers dropped the first two need a win to salvage this series. First pitch coming up at four twenty as we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Star Great Moments start with.
Speaker 4: Sapporo Beer, whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 3: Soporo has you covered with the Friday Crispin refreshing loggers including light and non alcoholic beers, Soporo Good Wiz, Sushi Great with Baseball.
Speaker 4: We head back out to the booth one final time.
Speaker 7: Charlie and rick I All right, Tim is the Dodgers and Red Sox get ready for the final game of the three games series at Dodgers desperately trying to avoid being swept by this red hot Red Sox team. Emmacheen is going for the Dodgers today. Lefty Jake Bennett for the Red Sox. Yeah man for she needs a better outing. There's no ifans and buds about it.
Speaker 6: The last seven starts, he's just one and four with an ERA approaching five and a half and on the flip side of the coin for the six foot six left hander Jake Bennett. His last seven starts, he's five and one with an ERA of just one point eight and for she and I think just inconsistent in and around the strike zone. And he has been hit seventeen home runs he's given up so far this season. But he makes mistakes occasionally here and there, and he has been taking advantage of when he's moved the ball in the middle of the plate.
Speaker 7: And so the Dodgers coming into this game, and certainly recently if a difficulty against left headed pitching.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they have, and that's got to change. And I think the Dodgers from an overall standpoint, you look at the last three weeks, they look like they're trying to take too big of a chunk at home plate instead of making small bites. The other part, too, is if we look at the last home stand here we are in the last game of this homestand the Dodgers have not run the bases exceptionally well, and that's by a long shot. They've been challenging that end of it. They've not helped themselves once they have been getting on base.
Speaker 7: Fifty six days remain in the regular season. The Dodgers magic number is forty two. We get ready for the final game of this three game set Red Hot Red Sox the first place Dodgers lineups at first pitch coming up?
Speaker 4: All right, first pitch is next.
Speaker 3: I'll be back with all the postgame festivities, including reaction and Dodger Talk, taking your phone calls. As the Dodgers as we speak a ten and a half game lead in the division. It's gone final in Cleveland Final after a weather delay as the Guardians beat the Arizona Diamondbacks by a final of five to nothing. So the Dodgers as we speak, ten and a half games up, Padres. They got a five to four lead over the Giants out of Petco Park in the ninth any We'll keep you updated throughout the game and I got postgame as well.
Speaker 4: Enjoy it. Sunday Night Baseball is next. First pitch from the ravine. This has been Morocco Casino.
Speaker 3: Dodgers on deck on your back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network