Speaker 1: This is actually pretty funny. So Shannon is a garbage picker or she's about to become a garbage why not?
Speaker 2: I'm not well?
Speaker 3: Remember that?
Speaker 4: Remember I wanted the trunk? So yeah, yes, so so bad and I didn't get it. That's the update there. But so somebody in my neighborhood this week. I saw this yesterday, had a full on looked like it was in perfect condition to me, peloton at the curb with their two garbage cans. What a peloton I don't know, but it was at the curb for the garbage people to pick up, or for a garbage.
Speaker 1: Picker to your neighborhoods in an amazing Isn't that insanity?
Speaker 4: I mean truly, I've seen some like like the trunk. Okay, I was old. I was probably the only person that would ever want that. But a peloton do.
Speaker 1: We know if? Do you think it? Maybe it was it was malfunctioned or something like that, It doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It looks like I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if it didn't work, you know, what would you use it for? Like why they put it at fix it?
Speaker 2: I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 4: So I had a peloton during COVID and I never used the dang thing, so I ended up giving mine to my brother in law and my sister. I didn't even try to sell it because there's so many for sale on the marketplace or whatever. So I wonder if this person was like, nobody's gonna buy it. I'm just gonna put it out and let somebody take it and be blessed with it and it's their lucky day.
Speaker 2: But I was like a Peloton.
Speaker 1: Somebody told me that there is a group of people that have like an online and you, if you are one's ones, call that they have a social media thing that they go back and forth and talk about the best garbage days to go through certain neighborhoods. So like, for instance, the Peloton neighborhood is probably a norm. If you go to nice neighborhoods, you might see somebody that will put something at their you know, front curb for garbage day. That might be something that people will be like, holy crap, you know, one person's another person's treasure, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've heard that ann arbor can be really good for this. After the school years, so all the furniture that like exchange students had in their house or something or New York kids. Oh yeah, they're New York.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they're not bringing it back the rich New Yorkers that come to uh to Michigan and go there eight or fur Joe. Let you know what I want to do. We haven't done this in a while, Lydia. I want to get into a bigger topic with this. I want to ask people what's the greatest garbage they ever picked? I want to know what you found in somebody's garbage that that now is like worth something, because I always love what's what is it? What's the show? Isn't there a show like that?
Speaker 5: I think there is garbage pickers called garbage pickers, but.
Speaker 1: There was I think that there was one of them where the person found some kind of like jewels that were worth a lot, like it was part of a piece of a furniture, but it was in the furniture and the thing was like worth a less.
Speaker 4: Always has to talk me out of stuff, Like literally the other day there were the too old poster upholstered chairs that somebody had out and I was like, ooh, we could reopholster those and they would be so cute, and he's like, stop doing this.
Speaker 5: I know one of my girlfriends who lives in New York found an art piece. I don't know how much it was worth, but it was the original piece. It was like they had spilled coffee on it. But she pulled it out, got it a price, and I want to say it was a couple thousand bucks.
Speaker 2: Those stories are insanity.
Speaker 1: It's funny. I have stuff that I throw out that is definitely good. Like I threw out a mop the other day.
Speaker 2: No one wants you.
Speaker 1: Well, the dogs crapped and I cleaned up and Chelsea was there, but no, But when I say this to here, it was a night like I didn't realize. Chelsea's like, where's the mop? At I told her what happened, she goes, you know that at the bottom just detaches and you can just put a new refill on the thing. And I'm like, I threw out I had it in the garbage. Thursday Night's my garbage day. Thursday morning. I'm leaving at four point thirty in the morning to come to the radio station. Guess what's not in my garbage? Anya, somebody drove by and grabbed a freaking mop of my thing.
Speaker 5: That is great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I know it's the job is just crapped on. Yeah, but no, but they what they did was they undetached the part that was the thing Chelsea throws away sometimes like the kids, you know, bats and gloves and stuff like that. I'm like, Chelse, we could bring it to play it against sports. They still have played against sports. Is that around anymore?
Speaker 4: I don't know if it's that, but they do have like those places that'll do like a buyback, like players, you get money for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the secondary sports stores. I'm like, Chelse, we could bring it up there. She goes, are you going to bring this up there? I'm like, all right, go.
Speaker 5: Throw it out or donate it to like Salvation Army.
Speaker 4: Did you hear did you hear the goodwill story this week about a guy went into a goodwill?
Speaker 2: I think this.
Speaker 4: I don't know if it was California found it was a teenage kid actually found Wilt Chamberlain's jacket from the nineteen seventy two NBA Finals, bought it for three dollars, somehow figured out that it was like the real thing, sold it eighty nine thousand. This kid got for I bought it for three bucks at a goodwill just because he was like, oh, this is kind of cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know how he figured out that it was what it was and actually worth more than three bucks, But I love those stories so much.
Speaker 1: You know the Wilt Chamberlain stat that is like the most amazing stat ever. Oh, you guys are gonna love this one. Wilt Chamberlain has slept with exactly twenty thousand women. What he's dead now, right? I think Will Chamberlain is dead. He's a dead mess.
Speaker 2: It's impossible more that you could keep track of it.
Speaker 1: Wilt Chamberlain had sex with twenty thousand women? Yes, how did you know it? And in nineteen ninety one autobiography A View from Above Will Chamberlain, he claimed that he slept with exactly twenty thousand women. However, the number is almost universally regarded by his peers and biographers and mathematicians as massively exaggerated. Many people believe that there is probably a least eight to ten thousand lovers that he's had.
Speaker 2: I'm just doing some math.
Speaker 1: I did too.
Speaker 5: That is fifty four years, right, every day for fifty four years, every day?
Speaker 1: And they say in Someone New they said he had the biggest penis too, in the world.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Shannon won't even tell us her body count. But Will chamber what would you if you're if you were a woman, well you are a woman. But if you're a woman that met Will Chamberlain and you knew that you could be part of the record history, which you.
Speaker 2: Want absolutely never?
Speaker 1: No, okay, no fair?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Poe? What's up Poe?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 8: I work for a cleaning company and over the summer we clean out Michigan State dorms.
Speaker 6: The craziest thing we found was a stripper pool in the middle of their.
Speaker 4: Living room in a dorm what'd you do with that?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: In a dorm room, had pink skates on the side.
Speaker 1: Who's that with you?
Speaker 6: That just for.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 1: You're dead?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 1: So did do you guys? You guys have a little stripper pole now set up in the home.
Speaker 7: Oh, got try to make some extra money? Boss?
Speaker 1: I like that. What's up, Nicole? How you doing?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 1: Nicole? What's happening? Nicole? Would you have slept with Wilt Chamberlain?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: What'd you find?
Speaker 3: I was calling because you guys were talking about the garbage this morning. It's the first time caller. Yeah, but there is like Facebook groups, and they have them in all different neighborhoods and it's called like the buy Nothing Projects, and you can post like whatever you're getting rid of, and you can find all sorts I've seen so carts and furnish sure and baby clothes and anything, and people just basically post it out and then whoever wants it can come and pick it up from your house.
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 2: Somebody had actually been having a photo on there too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a great idea. Who ever came up with that, By the way, I love that.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the cole Nicole. Thank you for thenicleon Nicole. Thank you for the colon Nicole. Hold On, Sarah, are you there? Yes, Hi, Sarah. What's happening?
Speaker 9: Yeah, hie, I'm doing pretty good. How are you guys today?
Speaker 1: Good doing? Okay, we're talking about Shannon's neighbor threw away a perfectly good peloton, I think.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I was helping my friend to go through her house and there was a little porcelain figuring that she had put in the dumpster. And when I found it, it says.
Speaker 9: A Homo on the bottom, so it was a homoh.
Speaker 6: Those are expensive fury yeah, and come to find out that it's worth over twelve hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 4: Did you have my grandma used to collect those? She really Yeah, it reminds me.
Speaker 1: Of Yep, did you take did you take it and sell it or did you take it and keep it?
Speaker 9: I took it and keep it, kept it. I gave it to my mom because she collects almost Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you tell her that you bought it for her at a store or grabbed it out of a dumpster?
Speaker 9: Nope, I told her I grabbed it of a dumpster.
Speaker 1: Oh, she probably loved it even more.
Speaker 4: The story is great. Yeah, that is a great story. Thank you for bringing that up. That's such a good memory of my grandma. You missed your grandma, Yeah, so much. But just hearing that and I just googled again because I was like, I remember my grandma talking about those, and yep, that is such a blast from the past.
Speaker 1: Yep, I know what West needs to buy you for your birthday. Please don't at some of the memory of my grandma. But I don't know that my mom and dad or my grandparents had. You're like, it really makes like my mom used to have these, like figurings or things that were called yadros.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 4: I remember my dad has those tall skinny.
Speaker 1: And honestly, if I brought one of those home, Chelsea would tell me that's going to work with me. And it's such a you know, memory of my mom. What's going on, John?
Speaker 7: How you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm good? John? What's up.
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 8: Much?
Speaker 9: First time? Long?
Speaker 1: Hey, guys doing fantastic. John's a garbage picker everybody, so give it up for the garbage picking the Johnstone. What have you gotten? John?
Speaker 9: Oh, every Sunday I go out, two person.
Speaker 7: Kayak I sold for five hundred dollars.
Speaker 9: Chop saws, table saws.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you won't believe the stuff I find.
Speaker 1: What's the best neighborhood to garbage pick?
Speaker 8: Wolverine Lake?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a nice area anybody who lives on these lakes, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Mean?
Speaker 1: You know, get to Yeah, what if that what if the kayak was just being stored in their front yard? You might have been a thief on that one. John. Yeah, I know it was crazy. You know, like the lady said, it was garbage and it was perfectly fine.
Speaker 8: It was like a two thousand dollars kayak band that is awesome.
Speaker 1: Listen, if you can find a pontoon boat about twenty two footer. Matter of fact, if you just go on Wolverining Wolverine Lake and just take it in the middle of nights. Uh ashmod Did I say this name right?
Speaker 5: Sounded good?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey, how are you goshmed? What's going on?
Speaker 7: Good morning? First time? So yeah, I used to work for a company. It's called serve Pro.
Speaker 8: And there's a cleanup company, right, yes, absolutely, And you know we would go into people's houses and fire smoke and stuff like that.
Speaker 7: We would get all kinds of stuff that we would technically have to throw away. Well not no, not even that. They wouldn't even have mold or anything on it. It was just because of their insurance would pay for it. So they would be like, you know, well we don't want it. And you wouldn't believe half of the stuff I got I would take home from that place.
Speaker 2: That you brought home.
Speaker 7: It was an old Technics reel to reel player and it was I sold it for three hundred bucks, you know, I mean I fixed it up because you know, all it needed is the reels to go back on. There went to the hardware store and got a couple of screws back together.
Speaker 1: Reminds me of our studios that we left in Farmington. We just left crap all over that place.
Speaker 2: I took. I took a few things, did you really.
Speaker 4: I took a laminating machine, laminating I did.
Speaker 2: And they were literally just like throwing all that stuff away for college kids.
Speaker 4: I have used it for a project for Loose Okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: But it is wild, like the insurance companies want you to get rid of it because that's the only way to allow it. But yeah, that's kind of cool. All right, Thank you, Ashmed. We appreciate it. Call us more often.