Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on A five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio WAT.
Speaker 2: It's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadae, Gus terrible person, he's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadae, Guss and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: Truth is in things and not in words.
Speaker 2: Gong Miyukes, Petros and Money A five Sports. We are live everywhere on the iHeart Radio app making our wait till six o'clock, big day to day Clippers playing the jazz. That's why the short show. But we have a pair of tickets to give away to our inside the Locker Room on Friday with Miguel Rojas. That'll go from four to five. If you don't win the tickets, you of course can listen not only terrestrially through the AM band and the five seventy frequency, but the iHeartRadio app the five to seventy LA Sports Tile allows you to listen anywhere in the world. You can subscribe to the Petros Money podcast there and stream the show live also anywhere in the world through the iHeart Radio app. That'll be this Friday, and we will have a pair of tickets to give away today, tomorrow and Thursday.
Speaker 3: Now, Matt, there's been some allegations made just really quickly. I'd like to address this. I mean, Matt and I started the show by talking about our big interview with Mike McDaniel and then talking about an hour his fashion and how fashionable he looked and what other people wore or didn't wear to step up to his fashionable plate, so to speak. And we talked about that, and then we talked about the Wiener race, the Weenie five hundred, which is scheduled for May right before the Indie five hundred, and then I talked a little bit about a net food of Cello and how much we enjoyed seeing her in all her glory in her youth. And I just got a text that says this you two twinks trying to use a net food of Cello as your beard is laughable and it ain't working. Listen, gay men are not into women of the old days of stage and screen.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's not at all. That's not what they are into.
Speaker 3: They will show up and drove for share of barbarous trauice.
Speaker 2: We know that.
Speaker 3: Well, look, we were we're into the net feel of Cello because she's hot, not because we're gay, all right, because she was all she was.
Speaker 2: But if she was hot and didn't have missiles, we probably wouldn't be talking about her.
Speaker 3: She was hot and she had gigantic warhead missiles. It looked like Santa No free. That's and that was.
Speaker 2: That was the genesis of the Google image search deep dive, because that dude, no, because the first pulled that doll out the missiles and then they took its clothes off.
Speaker 3: But uh, the first image I showed you on my phone was up close of her face, and we did both agreed what a handsome woman. She was attractive lady, and then we saw the missiles. Okay, So if appreciating a net food, funicello and black and white pictures in a beach comedy in the sixties makes us gay, then so be it. So be it. It doesn't, Matt. Maybe the Wiener Mobile and maybe the Tope Talk, but not a net not a net Funicello from the Mousketeers. I will not have it. I will not have it.
Speaker 2: And we shouldn't disgrace her memory.
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? It turned will be her memory, etern will be her rack. Wow, beauty, missile talk. What's wrong with that? Matt? I think those things are pointing up right now like silos.
Speaker 2: I would assume so well.
Speaker 3: I'm just they're great. And I miss Frankie Avalonto in his hair helmet, which was also very nice. And you know when net Foodicello and Frankie came back with Back to the Beach featuring Pee Wee Herman late, I believe was that already nineties undercover? Great eighties, I believe eighties movie. All right, Matt, it is time. God bless her memory, God bless her. I turn the word of memory word today his words the word of the day, Matt. Today's word is fut on. I don't know if you've noticed, but there's a bunch of billboards around town with USC football fanfare on him and a picture of jade in my eyes, and it says the time is not. You have to say it like that too, because.
Speaker 2: There's an exclamation point.
Speaker 3: The time is not. And you know, Lincoln Riley did say after USC lost to TCU, a window has been opened. I don't know why it was closed. I thought USC had plenty of money. I don't know what he's actually talking about, but he did say a window has been open. And then just the other day when they hired Gary Patterson, which is official now, which is an interesting hire. A more interesting hire I think that he could have made by hiring one of his friends from from the air raid world. Though Patterson is very, very familiar with that big twelve style that Lincoln Riley thrived at in Oklahoma. But when he hired Gary Patterson, he said, you know, this is going to add to our cold. And it's like, what culture the culture of having a guy catch an outlet and breaking six tackles to beat you in overtime? That's is that the culture that you're talking about? Because that doesn't sound very cultural to me. That sounds like a lack of culture. And speaking of that, because USC no longer plays Notre Dame, I don't even really regard it as USC football anymore. I'd like to start seeing them wear white shoes and pink jerseys during October and make a weird trojan guide, make them look different, you know, all kinds of different helmets, maybe a USC on the helmet, you know, just really mix it up because it doesn't matter anymore now that they're not playing Notre Dame. But that being said, I know, because Notre Dame is not on it, it is even more interesting than it used to be because it's so stupid that twenty twenty six USC football schedule is out. Matt, are you ready?
Speaker 2: I'm ready?
Speaker 3: They start out, aren't out with Fresno State? And I hope that Matt kicks our nuts off.
Speaker 2: Yeah. We remember the iconic Reggie Bush game against Fresno State, Yes we do.
Speaker 3: I remember it well.
Speaker 2: Hell of a fight put up by Pat Hill's bunch that day.
Speaker 3: I remember it. I talked to Pat Hill about it just a little couple months ago. And then Matt on September twelfth. You see this word and you think like wow, and then you think like, oh no, it says Louisiana.
Speaker 2: Oh Lane Kiffin coming back.
Speaker 3: No, the Cajins, Oh, the raging Cajuns.
Speaker 2: They used to know there was a moment. You know, they had a moment that one time.
Speaker 3: They were La Fayette, but now they just dropped that in their Louisiana. Then they take their first big ten road trip of the year on the nineteenth to broke Ass Rutgers, but all the way to Piscataway. Then the Ducks are coming down to the calls see them to kick their nuts and then you Dub's gonna come down to the coliseum. That should be good. And then they got to go to Penn State and take on the fighting Matt Campbell's. That's not an easy trip, no, Then they have a bye. Then they go to Camp Randall to face Luke Fickle. Then Ohio State comes to the Collie, which is pretty sweet on October thirty first on Halloween, first time since the Jim Trestle days. Then they have a bye. Then eleven and fourteen they have to go to Flavor Country and take on Signetti in Indiana. The Turps are going to mosey down here in the twenty first, and then on the twenty eighth they're gonna play at UCLA. I hope it's worth it.
Speaker 2: You freaking cow, I didn't hear you. I didn't hear you say Notre Dame in there.
Speaker 3: No, it's not in there, Matt.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 3: They're playing Fresno and Luisi. They have two buys. Maybe they've filled one of them with rice or something.
Speaker 2: Hey, no, Notre Dame, but we got rice in here. Huh.
Speaker 3: It's good private school, it's good, great academic.
Speaker 2: Sure is time for the Duke of the of the Southwest, sort of.
Speaker 3: That's what they say. Really well, it's the Duke of Texas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Duke of Texas. There you go.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for the number of the day.
Speaker 2: Here's my number.
Speaker 3: It's the most like duke of.
Speaker 2: Any school in Houston, right right there, you go. Fifteen is your number of the day. Pe we are, and I do think we have been shirking our duties a little bit. What on this front. We are your knots Bery Farm show of record.
Speaker 3: We celebrated Walter Knot's birthday, just the last we do.
Speaker 2: But I do feel like we used to have a lot more Knots talk than we have in the last let's just say, twelve months.
Speaker 3: Did I miss Mona Zuma's revenge me reopened or something?
Speaker 2: I think, you know, Look, they got coasters. We love the ghost Rider. We talk about We've talked about the Pony Express, where that saddle will bust your balls if you're not careful. The Silver Bullet, which you know if you hit a certain age. Sometimes you used to love it, but now it kind of bends and twists and flips and moves and can get you a little worse for wear. I feel when the accelerator is open, my old.
Speaker 3: Football body feels a little bunked around by the ghost Rider.
Speaker 2: To be honest, man, the accelerator can really can really move the needle when it's open.
Speaker 3: That's a great, great coaster. Yes, I think the best in California.
Speaker 2: But the big news pie is that I and this has got to be one of the last left out there because I do feel like so many of the end of the Pier they were tourist trapped type places. There's not a lot of Johnny Rockets left out there. The Johnny Rockets ship has sailed. The nineteen to fifty style diner, yeah, the burger.
Speaker 3: Place inspired by the Apple Pan, which is still open on people still open the original Yea. I love the Johnny Rocket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great. Johnny Rockets is set to clothes inside Knots Berry Farm. So because everybody knows the world has shifted quite a bit. Actually I shouldn't say that the whole world, but quite a bit of the world is shifted to chicken and the Nottsberry Farm will close their Johnny Rockets on April fifteenth. It will become Crafty's Kitchen, No yes, which is Crafty coyote chicken tenders, crispy wings, chicken and biscuit, poultry focused dishes with Boys and Berry pies and Boisoberry shakes.
Speaker 3: I want to live in America. I do like the Boys and Berry vibe because of Walter not.
Speaker 2: It does tip the cap to the fried chicken and the Boys and Berry. You know, there's already places to get chicken and not right right, So sadly Cordelia and Knots Chicken Place has been there for the longest. Going to be a line for that, you know, Uh, sadly, as I'm pulling it up on the map right now. I got a Johnny Rockets in Long Beach. I got a Johnny Rockets that is closing. It's the one in Buena Park at Knots that's going to be gone. Uh, one in Anaheim, and I think, don't tell me the one in Torrence closed. Let's see, I'm looking the one in looks like we got one in West Hollywood. I am not seeing one in Torrence Pete.
Speaker 3: Devastating. Yeah, and you know Fat Berger declared bankruptcy yesterday.
Speaker 2: It's damn sad.
Speaker 3: What's happening to America?
Speaker 2: We need to get the Burgers back, man.
Speaker 3: Less nose rings and more.
Speaker 2: More net Funicello videos.
Speaker 3: More on net Fonicello's Boobs on the Beach Roddy Song of the Day. This is the song of the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Band of Horses are a South Carolina quintet responsible for today's song of the day called the Great Salt Lake an excellent tune for a Tuesday afternoon of great sports talk right here on the Petros and Money Show as the resurgent Clippers look to build on another winning streak in Utah against the Jazz at Delta Center in Salt Lake City, which means we get to see our good friend Adam Osland will be down the hall prepping for that Clippers countdown show that's coming up at six o'clock.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ronnie get a top story of the day. Next some football Mike McDaniel in the five o'clock hour, and an opportunity for you to be inside the locker room with us and Miguel Rojas. Still ahead, body listen, be.
Speaker 3: The deck.
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: Is fine?
Speaker 2: Yourself falling up?
Speaker 3: I'm sure.
Speaker 2: I couldn't steal.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's the great soul. Petro's papadachs that money Smith. This is Petro Send money on demand.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, everybody, Petro send money on a sports your home of the Dodgers. But tonight Clippers Jazz Action fully functional employee Adam taking over it all at six o'clock and then Clippers Jazz at seven, So enjoy that game. Still to come in our next hour, our interview with the very insightful for a stylish new Chargers offensive coordinator Mike McDaniel, and we will have a four hour show tomorrow. Make sure you podcast the show or stream it live on the iHeartRadio app a great place to access great sports talk. But right now it is time for the top story of the enk Top story of it.
Speaker 2: Wellpe, we will talk to Mike McDaniel. You will hear our conversation with him in about an hour. But top story today sticks with the football theme and the three teams that were discussed on this very show in its opening segment yesterday, when David Bassey opted to join the program, very unhappy, a very hungover, wounded second guessing who is often referred to as the best coach in the NFL, Sean McVeigh for his decision making to go forward on a fourth and four to not go for it when he could have cut the deficit to three instead of kicked the extra point to keep it. For all of those things being second guest, the pain, the emotional pain on mcvay's face when he buried it into his play call after not converting the fourth lamin.
Speaker 3: You know, that serves very little comfort, that laminated play card to bear. Yeah, it's not like a beautiful set of breasts or anything. No, that's why, you know.
Speaker 2: One of my great ideas this off season is the ability to print your play calls onto a sheet made of suede, so when you do bury your face into it, it provides a nice bit of comfort, a soft touch to the bridge of your nose. Yes, it's amazing what they can do. What the well, you know it has to be. It has to be sturdy enough to print your call sheet on, but soft enough where it can ease the pain as you bury your face into it.
Speaker 3: It's able day for McVeigh.
Speaker 2: It was a terrible day for mckday. But as today, many of the post loss post mortem twenty twenty five season eulogies being written acknowledge. Brady Quinn told us more yesterday, p Morning, Ramilly, Yes the Morning Ramilly. Pe point out, much like Brady Quinn pointed out with us yesterday, you know it can go one of two ways. Assist the Detroit Lions that win fifteen games then losing the first round to an upstart Commander's team, then missed the playoffs all together. No feels a lot more like a forty nine ers team that routinely punches its ticket into the postseason, that have the pieces that provide a foundation that can be built upon. Plug in a player here or there, try to find that exceptional special teams coach. They fired their special teams coordinator in week sixteen, seems like the guy that took his place in the playoffs not great. So they can get that squared away and most importantly, their most their highest paid players, Matthew st effort. DeVante Adams, Aleric Jackson, their left tackle are all under contract and all very likely to come back. That of course, on the offensive side, and on the defensive side, our friend Quinton Lake who seems to join us every single year, poon A Ford, two guys that just got deals done last year, and not to mention all of that young talent Jared Verse, Braydon Fisk, Kobe Turner, all very affordable. And the one thing that the Rams do better than anyone else is they routinely find their assistance landing jobs as coordinators or head coaches elsewhere, and if in fact they are minorities, which quite often they are, they end up getting compensatory picks in the third round, and that allows them to rebuild Lesnie does a great job of evaluating talent and plugging the positions, be it safety, much of that special team's issues that they may have had, blind backer the values you can get in those third, fourth, and fifth rounds that he's done a heck of a job and build depth on this team, tight end all of those sort of things. So looks like even though individuals, whether you are on the RAM, where you're whether you were part of the Ramley as a first generation member, or you're just like a second cousin twice removed through marriage like David Vassah. There is no need to hang your hand. You're hung over.
Speaker 3: All it took was one drunk night at a family party for Veassa to be ulster size.
Speaker 2: Yes, the second cousin twice removed through marriage. No need to hang your out. The one issue they do have is just making sure that their cap is square. When you're paying one hundred million over one hundred million dollars to three players, you're left tackle, receiver, and quarterback, gonna have to get a little creative. That's where the whole less sneed drafting thing comes into play. As for the Raiders, another here comes some really snarky talk.
Speaker 3: No, there was a lot of snark yesterday. Oh you called them the least performing football team in the last twenty years.
Speaker 2: I mean they are. They are the losingest franchise in football, even more so than the Jets. But another candidate is off the market. Joe Brady, who had interviewed for the Raiders job, is now being hired as the head coach. He was the former He was the offensive coordinator under Sean McDermott in Buffalo. He will now be the head coach in Buffalo, which leaves three top candidates that have interviewed that depending on what you think with Brian Dayball, is he going to be the OC for Robert Salah in Tennessee or is he still in play for the Raiders. Kind of still trying to figure that out. Much like with Mike McDaniel when he was named THEOC, they still allowed him to take some head coaching interviews, so that's still a possibility. Davis Webb, the young vuntherkin in Denver, only like two years removed from actually playing. I think he's like thirty one or thirty two under Sean Payton, the former on A quarterback, reportedly has interviewed incredibly well at all the stops that he has been interviewed as an offensive coordinator or a head coach. He is their quarterbacks coach in Denver under Peyton and Joe Lombardi the OC. He is still in the mix and perhaps the favorite to win the job. Is the man that made things painful for Sean McVay and the Rams. The offensive coordinator of the Seattle Seahawks, Clint Kubiak, and now with two weeks between now and the Super Bowl, he does have an opportunity to finally interview for that Raider's job. A lot of people point to and again this is where that whole conflict of interest comes into play.
Speaker 3: Oh with Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it turns out of Tom Brady, And they say, that's kind of one of the issues with people and the Raiders through this process is they have not been able to figure out who's making the decision. Because there's John Spytech the GM, there's Mark Davis, the owner, there's Tom Brady now pre having post, Yeah, Jim Kate's pre having post, Lincoln Kennedy who no longer works. There all of those guys available. So that is the one negative is they're not quite sure who's going to make the call. But a lot of people say, if in fact it is Brady, if it is Bratty that's making the call, that Clint Kubiak is now the favorite, and you saw what he did. The defense in Seattle has always been great, and by always I mean since Mike McDaniel arrived. Last year. It was great. Last year, it was even better this year. The big difference between last year, and this year is the level of offense, not to mention, getting those fourteen wins and a Super Bowl ticket punched from Sam Darnold certainly encouraging. And you're probably going to want to hire someone with an offensive background since you got the number one overall pick, and we all expect that to be Fernando Mendoza. So, even though they are still out there with the Cardinals and the Browns, seems like nobody wants the Browns job. Every day we find out somebody else has pulled their name from the Browns coaching opportunity.
Speaker 3: You know, people don't want to write a nice essay and everybody, you know, I mean, if they don't want to do that, then they don't deserve the job, you know. Yeah, how about some Times New Roman let's do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a Calibri guy. I'm sorry. That's just the way I know. You guys don't like it. You wanted it in Times New Roman. This is what I'm comfortable with. And if you're not comfortable with it, I'm pulling myself out. You don't get to tell me I'm not going to get it. I'm pulling myself.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna get Buffalo. I heard they're hiring Joe Brady.
Speaker 2: Damned gosh, darn, So good luck to the Raiders. You'd like to see them get that thing figured out sooner. They're of the three jobs remaining open. I don't think there's a question it is the most desirable. You got Max Crosby, you have the number one overall pick, who's going to be Fernando Mendoza, and you have Brock Powers. So three building block pieces, not that you don't have building blocks in Cleveland with the best defensive player in the league and Miles Garrett and yes, one of your all time favorites, Pee Captain America, Carson Swesssinger is out there, probably going to be the defensive rookie of the year. Sorry I forgot to mention him exactly.
Speaker 3: Carson Swistles. But that's not all.
Speaker 2: Who am I missing?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 3: Fine? Watching? Hey, watch a Pro Bowl you'll see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're Pro Bowl quarterbacks. I'm sorry, did you say Pro Bowl quarter Yeah? Pretty wild that their head coach couldn't win more than five games with the defensive player of the year in a Pro Bowl quarterback crazy, So good luck to the Raiders. Would assume an announcement is likely coming very very soon unless they're going to hire Kubiak, and then maybe I guess it has to come after the Super Bowl. Who really cares? Free agency doesn't start, The draft isn't going, so it does not matter if you got to wait until then. Finally, pee just a little thumbnail before we get to our conversation with Mike McDaniel summation of his presser. It was wildly entertaining. I think you will find the same when you listen to the conversation he has with us in an hour.
Speaker 3: Entertaining like you know, like Zigfeld's follies.
Speaker 2: Or like yeah, like oh, I think like the probably less like oh, not as much water.
Speaker 3: But maybe he comes from the landlocked color.
Speaker 2: Yes, maybe ka would be the uh, the more certasole version. But some of the things he highlighted in his press conference building very similar to what Jesse Minner used to talk about as the Chargers defensive coordinator before being hired as the Baltimore head coach. Uh not married to a scheme. It's all about the players and making sure you do stuff that maximizes what their skill set is, what their potential is. Multiple times acknowledged how important having two great tackles can be to what you want to do offensively, said with Alt and Slater tackles allow him to set the depth of the pocket, which then can open up more of a playbook when you feel comfortable there. Use them for the activitian drop back, deeper drop. Hey, you know when you can go deeper a lot right, things are open.
Speaker 3: I mean we used to go seven step drops, but we couldn't block and we are sacked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, second eighteen against the Patriots. It's amazing. You would go and shotgun and you're like, wow, he's still taking five steps and shotgun, isn't he okay? Talked about the tackles in Slater and all t who can not only block in space but can also you know, pass block as well, and how incredibly rare that is. Talked about all the speed he had in Miami. It was the fastest team. Basically four two is all over the field, Tyreek Kill, Jalen Waddle, Devin ah Chane, Raheem Mostert, but said that speed on the track is important and certainly can open things up, but not nearly as important to play. Speed. Said a lot of his favorite players were four, five, four, six, guys that were just incredibly fast when they ended up getting on the field, pointed out that you know, his his feed are here, his head is here, he is focused here. But he still wants to win a championship as a head coach, and he believes that this stop is an important part to that end goal. And he said the most important thing for him, even though he reportedly was a favorite to be head coaches at a number of these openings, was to find a group of players that he thought were hungry, that played hungry, that he felt could win, and said, certainly got that feeling here the winning an adaptation from coach Jim Harbaugh and making sure, he said, when it comes to Justin Herbert, not to put too much on him. Pretty Much everything that was successful this.
Speaker 3: Couch put that kind of pressure on him.
Speaker 2: That's right. It's like the Andrew bidam idea, right, don't you put that kind of pressure on him. So much of the success of the offense this year was predicated on Herbert making plays out of structure and just playing the hero, and that finally probably wore him down by the time the end of the season and the playoffs rolled around. So to take some off of his plate and try to give him some easy buttons, which seemed like there.
Speaker 3: Were all easy button short slant throws, catch it on the run, no more pull and pray like Greg.
Speaker 2: Roman, Hey, play action, Oh oh god in the shotgun. Oh yes, hopefully you can get some of those. Mike McDaniel, what he did with Tua, you know, a ton of quick game and scheming guys open and making it easy for him to be able to do that with Tua to the tune of nearly five thousand yards and thirty touchdowns and a Pro Bowl berth. To think what he could do with someone of Herbert's talent is very very exciting, very exciting.
Speaker 3: I know, I can tell.
Speaker 2: I think he's listening to us right now. I think right now he's listening wherever he may be on the iHeartRadio app vacationing he is, Oh Laguna Beachi. I believe it's where he said he likes to vacation. So maybe he's driving around town listening to us.
Speaker 3: Sit the Serpent. It all right, Well, we will return with some Textosi reaction to great Sports Talk, and it's many avenues and knooks and crannies and cul de Sacs and boulevards.
Speaker 2: We love a good cul de sec I grew up on one.
Speaker 3: We'll be back with more on Ami seventy La Sport.
Speaker 1: This is Petrosmoney on Demand.
Speaker 2: Game seven Hero Miguel Rojas. That is this Friday four to five pm, presented by Verizon, and you could find yourself in the room with us with Miggy if you are the correct caller when we give those tickets away today, tomorrow and Thursday.
Speaker 3: All right, Matt, we do have some reaction in the very next hour. We will have our interview live from the bolt On tape with Mike McDaniel, Chargers offensive coordinator, a very interesting guy and a very symbolic modern character of modern football offense, will join us in our final hour. So that was an interesting talk with a very thoughtful guy. So we will play that. You just heard the top story of the day. We'll do the quick kits, we'll do the fun fact dead and Alive, and then guess who cyclops is coming to stomp out Odie Sayas's men fully functional employee ad him with the red hot, freaking red hot, exhaling La Clippers against the Jazz. Don't send a chance the jazz don't stand a chance. The jazz are like a diabetic old blues singer from the Muscle Shoals area whose legs have been chopped off and they just roll them out on the stage. And the clippers are gonna roll the jazz right off the stage. Doesn't end pretty in jazz kids. All right, it is time. No, it did not. Bixpider Beck died a terrible dead and don't get me started about Dexter Gordon. All right, it is time for some texto.
Speaker 2: Line brought to you by your Sokel Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: We make it easy, Kate's, I have a text from a marine and Camp Pendleton. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Oh, Kel, here we go. Thank you for your service, sir or man.
Speaker 3: I've been listening to the show for a long time, since two thousand and eight, when I would drive home from Camp Pendleton on the weekends. Kate's mentioned something about watching Southland and all I can think about was that Kfi Chick introducing him to the actor from Southland and Alpha Dog, and Kate's totally fanboying out is a Southland amateur hour and show bus.
Speaker 2: Kates, That's that's exactly tell the tale for those that don't know, Hey, you guys are just one big inside joke. I mean you can't. You never share anything. Nobody knows what the hell you're talking about.
Speaker 3: We were in the lobby and I think it was Missy from KFI. Miss was walking up the actor who was like maybe ninety five pounds but a tough cop in Southland, and Misty's like, hey, have you guys that so and so, and Kate's was like, Kate's like squatted down, like got in a football position. It was like.
Speaker 5: It was right at the peak of the show. And Sammy officer Sammy.
Speaker 3: Who was before it moved from network.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's went, uh it's got canceled on NBC or wherever it was and got put.
Speaker 2: On it wasn't or something like that. Yeah it was. He was going to TNT. Yeah, he got a little.
Speaker 3: Like silk stockings. It started on USA and then it got moved to USA.
Speaker 2: I was just surprised to see him.
Speaker 5: I mean, the doors of the elevator pop open, right and all of a sudden, you know, one day it's Danielle Fischer, who was here a couple of weeks ago from Boy Meets World and dancing with the Stars, and then a couple of years ago it was the guy from Southland.
Speaker 2: So you never know.
Speaker 3: You saw Miley Cyrus down there. He's with you. Yeah, she was carrying a bald dog, yeah, hairless dog, and you're like, there she I did not yea.
Speaker 2: In the USA, jay Z song was on.
Speaker 5: By the way, do you guys know Conway's in Southland? Lisa's voice the episode one of season five. It starts off with the guy. The guys are getting ready for their shift on Southland and they're all listening to the radio for some reason, the same channel, which is weird, and it's Conway talking in the background about what's going on in the city at that time. That is the storyline. So I was really weird to hear Conway's voice. All of a sudden, Dave dug there's.
Speaker 3: A terrible, terrible guy aria outbreaking career, big dog, everybody, this is about David Vasse. This says, wow, David vass came off as an entitled, ignorant, bandwagon bitch ass whiner in that interview about the RAMS survey.
Speaker 2: An ass whiner, that's what they called him.
Speaker 3: Man. I don't know why why such name calling anyway, Asswiner is Softie's. We had Dave Softie Mallar on yesterday. Dave a huge Seahawks guy, Seattle radio guy, and it was fun to talk to him and his horse voice Seahawks and the super Bowl. It says, is Softy's radio partner really named Dick Vane. No, his name is Dick Fane.
Speaker 2: Fane with an F.
Speaker 3: With an F.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Dick Fane. And props to Dick for going by Dick.
Speaker 3: What's the name? There used to be a that d lineman that was from Hawaii that wore the really small pads, Seattle lesion.
Speaker 2: Of Boom guy, Michael Bennett.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was like Dick Fane, Michael from kJ R and he's like, wait, your name is Dick Vane. And it was very and Bennett wouldn't stop laughing, and Dick got upset. It was that was a tough This text says this is what the Rams deserve. After Fred and friends were talking about how the Rams were gonna rub this city after they won the Super Bowl. It's all about this, of course, they were, they will run this city. It will be bigger than the last parade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would be better. I would I would subscribe to that as well. It would be bigger than the last parade. It would be impossible for it not to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'd be tough.
Speaker 2: I mean, you really have problems if it's like the La Sparks Parade.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yes, uh, I was going to text when Tony Romo was going on and on about the weather, so I was glad you guys wagged on it for that today. Yet yeah, take back Romo. Shame on, Ronnie. He wants to borrow your password for the movie Shelter that Matt is advertising, but we can't borrow a karaoke machine from him. Ooh interesting right, I thought about that in the moment.
Speaker 2: That is a great point. That is a great point. And by the way, Shelter out Friday rated R fantastic Statham vehicle. It's beautiful. Oh I love stathm you know I'm your point. I heard there's another guy named Matt named Tim Kates. It wants a shot at that password to watch that screener. Oh yeah, you know what come in your way? Cats appreciate that, Matt.
Speaker 5: Kay, if I have a karaoke machine you guys ever need to borrow, you can borrow it.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what do you have an above ground pool?
Speaker 5: I could borrow. I used to until you slice it open with a knife. It's now in a landfill somewhere. Yes, yeah, slice it over with a knife. He shot it full of holes.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll be back. We got another hour a great sports talk. It will feature Mike McDaniel and at Petros and Money on AM five seventy LA Sports. Thanks for listening.