Speaker 1: There does that go?
Speaker 2: You're up now, buddy boy, it's going to be cold out. I don't know if anybody I did mention that. Yeah, I said somebody being cold.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's twenty three though the high so it's it's about as warm as it's going to be for about a week.
Speaker 2: That's fine. Get out Hockey Day and Hastings. Anyway, it's beautiful. What time will that be?
Speaker 4: It's gonna be all weekend all week here, yeah, all the time?
Speaker 2: Do you guys? Wistard?
Speaker 4: It is going to be a celebrity game tonight to charity game.
Speaker 2: Who's in that?
Speaker 4: Uh some guy named Parish and a bunch of other guys.
Speaker 2: Oh hello, no, I have to go. Are you ready for that? Maur is going to be playing in it? What crazy? Should have led with that? Joe Mowers playing it? No offense to you? What really fame? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Really, it's a Hall of Famer, I mean lead with Maur Yeah, but he's Mark Parrish.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a joke. Uh so, but Perez you Mour, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Tafe, Polly Martin, a bunch of guys. I've got a list here, guys. Yeah, come on out. We're playing tonight. You know what else is going to be there?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Paul River Falls? Wow? Yeah?
Speaker 7: And Will Smith and Keenan Thompson, Happy birthday to Ken Happy birthday starting at center. And Dustin Buffaling, Taylor Trony, Nate Prossers.
Speaker 2: Those guys too. I mentioned them. I thought Ran Carter exactly right.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, I have your attention.
Speaker 2: Dusty. I'm just handed an urgent to see a horrifying news story.
Speaker 1: Stop what you're doing.
Speaker 2: I listen.
Speaker 5: If you're watching the streamcafe dot com slash watch, the breaking news is, uh, Parker Fox is going to play for the University of River Falls next year.
Speaker 8: He's got the red. It's at least seeking eligibility. Any good lawyers around for football or basketball? Wherever they take me, I'm actually want to transition. Yeah, okay, you need an X receiver. We'll figure it out, all right, I'll call you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 8: I can put on one hundred pounds too and play tight end, So you tell me whatever works. Did you ever play football growing up? I played it all the way up till sophomore year. So then I broke my hand my last game of sophomore year. I was like, I'm a basketball player anyways, so I'm gonna I'm gonna focus on that.
Speaker 5: Parker is Samuel L. Jackson from Unbreakable. I just can't can't keep.
Speaker 8: Him last it was like the last play of my last ever football game. I went for a tackle, put my hand on the shoulder pad and then one of my linebacker teammates came in with the helmet and just crunched my hand between shoulder pad and helmet and coaches, you know.
Speaker 2: That's a break. Yeah, terrible.
Speaker 8: So I was like, yeah, I'm gonna just play basketball. I'm six or eight, two hundred pounds. I don't really have the size for football, so.
Speaker 1: That's a huge bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like a guard in the NBA. I know, right exactly. That's like what LaMelo ball is.
Speaker 8: It's crazy the way the NBA is kind of adjusted to that. But yeah, I loved it. I love football, played my whole life, played growing up. So this is pretty cool to have you in here, coach. This is awesome.
Speaker 7: And by the way, the coach he's talking about is Matt Walker, our friend, the head coach with the National champion. You w River Falls Falcons and thanks for coming in man, we appreciate it very much.
Speaker 2: This is amazing. Yeah, it's cool.
Speaker 7: So you were just talking to me a little bit out in the hall out there about your I guess you would call a coaching tree because you've either played with, gone to college with, or coached some really big wigs in a lot of different sports.
Speaker 2: Can you break down some of those for us? Yeah? Who are we? So? I heard you guys on the Brad Stevens connection. He saw him at Hooters once.
Speaker 9: I was telling Tranillon over here that he's the most surprising guy you'd ever He's Brad was always smarter than all of us and way more mature, and what an incredible He's an amazing, amazing He's a way better human than I am.
Speaker 2: And I always thought that. But yeah, he was from.
Speaker 9: Zionsville, right outside of Indianapolis, and we were playing you know, I knew each other. You know, we played against each other a lot conferdence on designs are near each other, but played basketball against each other a lot, and then our senior years were actually playing against each other. We're kind of finalized that we were going to go to Paul and he was going for basketball. I was going for football baseball, and by the time the game was over where we were decided we're doing it and we're going to be roommates, and our families met there. But I think we were The story was we were boxing want in him and I was the chaser. He's a great player and I held him to thirty two in the boxing. A nice yeah, But I think I think I missed the last second shot to win that game. I think they beat us. I think it actually was close, even though he dominated the game.
Speaker 2: Did you break your hand like Parker? Nope, nope, I was clean out of that one.
Speaker 9: But then we were talking Joe Shane as the GM of the New York Giants getting a lot of publicity. It can be good about Jo's a great, great dude. But jose ah An Elkhar, Indiana kid near where you were, yeh, and played for me at the ball and in incredible started just as a scout, I think, with the Panthers and the Dolphins and the Bills and now all.
Speaker 2: The way up to the GM of the Giants. And he played for you at DePaul Yep, yep, yep wow.
Speaker 9: And then uh well, Givar Jellette is the head strength and conditioning coordinator for I don't know it's exact title, but that's what he does for the Timberwolves here in town.
Speaker 2: And unbelievable played baseball for me, actually played baseball for me. He's my first baseman.
Speaker 9: The Chicago kid Matt Klein's a scout with the Brewers, played baseball for me. JaMarcus Shepherd's the head coach now at Oregon State. He was, he was the coach se at Alabama. He played wider. I was the wide receiver coach. Wasn't head coach, but he played a wide receiver for me at DePaul.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Cool, it's been quite a little run with DePaul. Guys. Look at you. That's sweet. Yeah, they're all making like a million dollars.
Speaker 9: But the yeah, I think they trade to do what I get to do every day and not deal with the messes they deal with.
Speaker 7: I can't imagine being the president of basketball operations.
Speaker 2: Well you get eight million dollars. They have to watch basketball though.
Speaker 9: It's funny, Brad, So whenever the Celtics come to town to play the Tender Roles, I you know, I'd go over and we have dinner and stuff. And he didn't always travel the team, but when he was coaching, he did, and then he became the gym.
Speaker 2: Well. Our first round playoff.
Speaker 9: Game against Chapman, guess seems ages ago now he gets told me that week he said, we're in town the Saturday. We played tender roles that Saturday night whenever. That was back in November, and he goes, I'm going to come to the game during the day. So he came to our first round playoff game during the day and then went to the basketing of that night. And then we're in the national Championship. Like ten or fifteen of our college crew that we ran with all came to the game, and I didn't know if he was gonna come. And he sends a picture of him and his wife, Tracy on on the airplane the day of the game to my wife and I said, not going to miss it on our way.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. He was in the stands with all the college buddies.
Speaker 9: Where was that game, Canton, that's right, Christad earlier camp that's spot Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Cool, Mande.
Speaker 9: You know it rotates the sites and whoever has the bid that year.
Speaker 2: I'm so I feel so blessed. It was in Ken it was feud.
Speaker 9: It was freezing, but dad, it was like tropical for us because it was twenty Yeah.
Speaker 7: Okay, well you're getting all the buttons.
Speaker 5: Man, guy, this is great, But any requests for buttons, I don't want it to happen.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't want to, you know, ask, I wouldn't kind of like I wouldn't want to say like, oh, I'd love to do initials on.
Speaker 2: I mean, we could make that happen.
Speaker 9: Sometimes that seems pushy.
Speaker 7: The fact that you're here on a Wednesday and not a Friday is specifically because Chad Abbott booked you our boss yep, correct, Because if we had booked you, you'd definitely have been here on a fresh.
Speaker 5: Because I am convinced that this show only is on on Friday. My boss tells me all the time that there are shows Monday through Thursday.
Speaker 9: Well, if you guys ever need to fill in it, can tell me forty three minutes ahead of time.
Speaker 2: We can make it happen. I'm here. Deal, awesome, deal, that's yeah, that'd be great. Are you good at it? You'd be at least competitive?
Speaker 9: I think I could be competitive out there's times where I'm out tallying myself as we go, and I would I'm in the mix some days.
Speaker 8: Gotta bring you, gotta bring that confident energy in because I've only played it once and I've been playing it my whole life on you know, on the radio and in the car, and my first time ever playing I got the first one right and I felt I felt so good. I was like, this is exactly what I do in the car, the whole bit, and then I went a.
Speaker 9: Long I have to admit, so you know, I don't know if this bores you, guys, but so on front, you know, normally it's this seven fifteen to seven forty four whe I'm taking the kids to school.
Speaker 2: But the initials is later.
Speaker 9: Obviously, and that's the one day in season where we kind of take a break and come in later in the day. You know, the hay is in the barn, as you would say, so we let the staff come in later. So I sit usually in the parking lot during initials before I'm coming into the office. And my strategy is when as soon as I get them, I start writing down things that pop in my head that they could be.
Speaker 2: Is that what you guys? Do you have that strategy?
Speaker 5: I used to yeah, I don't like doing it anymore, gotcha, keep your mind clears whatever, scratch piece of papers and usually like a McDonald's re seat or something i'm writing down, I'm like, oh.
Speaker 9: I think this could be one that's okay. Yeah, but that's a strategy. Some people do that for sure. Yeah, I did a couple.
Speaker 8: And then it's like sometimes you hyper fixate on those ones and then you're missing you know, you're missing the other ones.
Speaker 9: And because there's times where I'm like, this should have been one you you screwed up, like.
Speaker 2: Screw up exactly.
Speaker 8: And then you start to get to know him and you know where his brain goes, where he's like trying to get you to one word where it's actually the other word, but it's the same, you know.
Speaker 5: So it's, uh, it's tough. See you've been here for what forty five minutes?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: The first forty three minutes chat I but it was like this radio is just fantastic. The last two minutes he hates. Why did I book this guy at all? No, we'll do that sometimes. Pablo Lopez the Twins in two days. I'm super pumped for that. I've heard he's a super nice guy. And my sources say he might be sneaky at this game as well, so we'll find out. Oh but we've never met him, so he'll be here almost exactly right now, seven to sixteen ish or so.
Speaker 7: On Friday, Coach, you mentioned that you've gotten calls about players and you, and I'm sure that happens all the time.
Speaker 2: Have you gotten calls about you? Good question, good question.
Speaker 9: I'm an honor I take pride in being super honest person. Yeah, yeah, I've had some call. I'm not trying to get out of her falls. We got something so special that I think we can win it all again next year. We got such a good team coming back, and so you're going to get the standard answer here. But I'm not actively trying to get out of her falls. I have gotten some phone calls, but it's got to be a life changing thing. It's got to be something more. My players and administration and these people that have backed me for fifteen years would understand me taking I'm not going to just jumped anything. But yeah, the phone has been ringing pretty good.
Speaker 7: This may surprise you, but Sauce and I both have all of our eligibility left.
Speaker 10: I have to I mean I have to get in. I don't know if I have to get eligible.
Speaker 9: We can help you some appeal letters and letters of recommendations.
Speaker 7: And see out of my right eye and my left knees been replaced. But other than that, I'm great.
Speaker 2: We'll put the left side. I'm almost back to my high school. I'll text you guys. We're going to need a bigger helmet. I like to sit on the bench with the hot chocolate. You could be famously the in guard and tackles right.
Speaker 9: You sit on the end of the bench and guard the water and tackling has to take it right.
Speaker 8: I want the fans to come at Sauce the way he comes at well. I want the fans to get as angry at Sauce as the way Sauce gets angry at our Vikings team and have that same animosity.
Speaker 2: So you better have some thick skin. I know you do, but he's terrible.
Speaker 10: Yeah. I tweet that a lot. As long as I can sit on the bench at my phone.
Speaker 2: I'm in. You can do whatever you want to appreciate that. So what is your conference? What is your division? Such like that? Yeah, we're in the Wisconsin League.
Speaker 9: I don't think anyone argues it's the best league in the country.
Speaker 2: It's really unique.
Speaker 9: Whitewaters had an historical run with national championships, the Cross had a run in the nineties with national championships.
Speaker 2: Platteville won the league last year.
Speaker 9: Lashkosh has been to the national title, you know, within ten years ago. So yeah, it's just it's it's there's no you know, the Badgers are the only Division one football school in the state.
Speaker 2: It's great football. And then they're the only scholarship school.
Speaker 9: So a lot of a lot of I say, scholarship caliber kids walking around, you know, being a state school are our Our total price tag is driven down enough to where I can win head to head against Division two's and partial scholarship scs. Is in recruiting, you know, it's at the top end of the class. I'm really recruiting more against the Division two world in our league, against Saint John's and Bethel a little bit over here, but not really anybody else in this side of the river.
Speaker 2: But and you guys don't travel too all too far there.
Speaker 9: No, our Minnesota kids get in state tuition with US called reciprocity tuition. It's a few I say, we charge them a few hundred bucks to be Vikings fans and still get into our school in state tuition. But you know, everyone's looking for new pockets these days in recruiting. Chicago's a nice answer for a lot of our league. But we're the only ones with the airport that work, you know, like we're twenty eight miles away and.
Speaker 2: Can so you guys have reciprocity with Illinois as well.
Speaker 9: No, we have what's called Midwest Exchange with some of the Midwest states that were it's still is at a reduced costs, so it's it's a really good deal. It's still it's barely over twenty thousand dollars for total cost, which is almost unheard of in the four year traditional journey these days. But we go to Arizona with the airport, it's been a We have double digit kids from Arizona on our team.
Speaker 2: And wow, what percentage of your team is from Wisconsin.
Speaker 9: Though, we're like dead center forty five forty five Wisconsin and kind of ten percent this out of state group.
Speaker 2: So our packer Viking days.
Speaker 9: Are interesting, sure, sure, And I have no skin like I again, I'm an Indian now, I was actually a Dolphins fan because I love Dan Marino more than life itself. But I was the bandwagon Peyton Manning era with the Colts.
Speaker 2: We didn't have the Colts when we were growing up.
Speaker 7: I'm a little older than you. I'm six years older than you. I think I'm fifty five old, are you? I'm forty eight.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit older than that. That then it's like always, but we didn't have the Colts when I was growing up. I was a Bengals fan, you know. Yeah, they remember the fame.
Speaker 9: They left in the middle of the night for Baltimore, the night head over that unbelievable.
Speaker 7: Yeah, crazy stuff. So we were obviously talking about traveling. What about like you guys obviously have to travel by bus. You don't have to travel too far, at least you're when you're not in the playoffs yet, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what?
Speaker 9: The white Water Platteviloshchester all about four hours. Yeah, along the trips and then we were so lucky. You know, I don't pretend things didn't fall in place for us in this playoff run. We're the college football playoffs at our level is a lot like the college basketball There's four quadrants with it's forty teams instead of sixty four of us.
Speaker 2: Some buys, but we're the two seed in our quadrant.
Speaker 9: The one seed lost round one, so which gave us home field advantage the rest of the way.
Speaker 2: The one seed in the quadrant above.
Speaker 9: Us, which is who we would filter do for the semifinal, they lost, so and we were higher ranked than the other two seats, so we had home field advantage the entire way to the National Championships.
Speaker 2: We hosted four home playoff games in this run. That's wow.
Speaker 9: That hopes and our home atmospheres are oh you guys know bananas. Yeah, it's bananas at our place. Incredible.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 2: What a season and now you get to do it all again.
Speaker 9: I got to get back to work here. So this, this media tour has been something they got to get back to. Over recruited kid again here.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, if you want to play, you know, they can reach out to you. They'll listen to you know.
Speaker 7: We got some great players listen to us right now and want to reach out.
Speaker 9: This is our hotbedd this is Minneapolis series been for us.
Speaker 2: All right, saws do sports.
Speaker 5: When we come back, we can talk a little football as well the AFC and NFC title games just a handful of days away.
Speaker 7: I want you to say some controversial things about JJ McCarthy too.
Speaker 2: Could you work that up for me, please, Saucer, Matt finding to me. You want Matt J. McCarthy. I want him to be controversial.
Speaker 9: He's altered, talented. Yes, it hasn't gone his way. Yeah, get to be patient, right, I gotta say that patient?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right? Happy birthday? Right? That's right?
Speaker 5: All right, sass Walkers through sports after this. Matt Walker, the coach of the champion D three football squad from River Falls, is here.
Speaker 2: Parker Fox is here, Mark Parrish is here. This is the Power Trim Morning Show on Nothing. Hey, welcome back everybody.
Speaker 7: Cast the thousands over there, Mark Parrish, h Parker Fox, hi out head football coach of that you double River Falls Falcons national champions.
Speaker 2: Our new friend is and studio with us as well. Sauc's over here with me and Corey's over there, cast of thousands. As I said, and it's time for some sports.
Speaker 1: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by all Around your Timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 10: Banks all around the Minnesota Timberwolves loss. It's a ten and a half point favorite to the awful Jazz one twenty seven to one twenty two for their third straight loss.
Speaker 2: Ant had thirty eight in the loss.
Speaker 10: They battle the Bulls tomorrow night at seven o'clock.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're finally back home, which is helpful. Four game road trip. I was talking with Paul Allen about this is you gotta go get two or three. You're playing some good teams, but you toss terrible, so that that's kind of an unexcusable loss. Anthony Edwards played well, but you got to have everybody show up last game of the road trip. And now you're back home. You get Chicago Golden State for a couple of home ones, so hopefully they bounce back.
Speaker 2: But losing three on the road, that's that's tough.
Speaker 5: Blew a big lead too. I think they had like something like an eleven or twelve point lead in the fourth and something called Keyante George had a career high.
Speaker 2: Forty three for two. Yeah, he's been hooping. People were actually kind of on him.
Speaker 8: They thought he was like point shaving because you know, he was like turning the ball over early in the season, like random little turnovers and over the last three four weeks he's been playing like at an all star level forty three points. Last night he goes fifteen for twenty eight from the field. So a young guy who's gotten an opportunity and you tall, they're not very good, so he gets to get the shots up. And they got some other pieces too. With Ace Bailey, who was at Rutgers last year to play against him, Yeah, he's phenomenal.
Speaker 2: Oh mcinness, he just killed it. I remember I got an.
Speaker 8: Isolation against him last year and he looked at me and just like smirked and then hit a step back three and I was like, oh god, it's gonna be a long night. So yeah, one of those deals. But no, Wolve's back home, so hopefully they can find way. They've had Chicago's number and Golden State Jimmy Butler just tore his ACL so they're kind of struggling as well. So three home ones's let's try to get all three of those.
Speaker 10: How about the latest rumor, Parker that Karl Anthony Towns is going to be traded in a salary dump?
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you believe that? Let's take him?
Speaker 8: I mean yeah, I would, I would love him back here. I don't know if we'd be just gonna pick on that contrast. I just don't get that sauce, Like it doesn't make It doesn't make sense to me with especially with the chances that New York has this year, like the East is wide open. Besides the Cavaliers, I feel like they're they're the favorite. So I don't know that one doesn't make sense to me. I understand they have a lot of guys, they have to pay a lot of money, but I just don't understand when when Kat's a seven foot that shoots the three ball at forty five percent, why you want to move on from him.
Speaker 10: So I think they're like dead last or one of the worst defensive teams in the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 5: Well, let's not forget to Brad Stevens and the Boston Celtics. They're doing this without Tatum is Well, that's true, and he's and he's kicking out. He says he wants to come back and play at the end of the season.
Speaker 9: Here.
Speaker 8: I don't know how realistic that truly is, but there's been videos surface of him, you know, dunking and going through workouts in the whole bit. Now that's a whole different beast than being out on the court and and everything. And I'm sure Brad's sitting there a position like this is my superstar. We don't want to just let him go out there and rehurt himself. But yeah, the Celtics are a sneaky little team. You know, Jaylen Brown's been holding it down over there.
Speaker 10: The Wild lost four to three to the Canadians. Montreal scored with like fifteen seconds left in the game. Your Wild host the Red Wings tomorrow, Perry at eight thirty.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's time for the Hockey Minute with Mark Parrish.
Speaker 2: Go Huskies. Yes, tough one last night.
Speaker 4: It was a good road trip though for the whild obviously they win two of three. Would have been nice to get the sweep last night in Montreal. Montreal caught him with a little bit tired legs early. The Wild we were able to battle back Tarasenko. Vladimir Tarasenko got a couple, so the depth still chipping in well. Valstad looked good. Unfortunately, Cole Cawfield, the absolute sniper from Wisconsin, buried his twenty fifth of the year. Just got a little bit, just got loose, so that fifteen seconds left. But hey, you get two on the road, that's a great road trip. Come on back home, get some home cooking, and start winning at home.
Speaker 2: That's my man.
Speaker 5: Remember when sant Cloud stayed on a football team, good time, great sum What happened to it?
Speaker 2: Well, they all went to River Falls Pastures. College budget cuts. It is unfortunate.
Speaker 4: Why, Yeah, that was too bad.
Speaker 2: Heat to see that, Todd Bowman, right, absolutely, yeah, he was there when I was there. At least a love.
Speaker 4: He just threw the ball so hard he gets sling in just a cannon, just picked those d apart.
Speaker 8: And then it's always tough when those kind of schools don't work because it's like an hour hour and a half from the city, Like you can recruit all this, you know, talent in the city.
Speaker 2: And well, Matt Walker, that's right.
Speaker 3: They got rid of homecomings because at one homecoming got really uh rowdy one year and they got rid of the homecoming football game.
Speaker 2: And that didn't help either. No, what people partied, you believe.
Speaker 3: That to be fair, it was borderline rioty riety. There were there were couches burning and all that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, great song.
Speaker 4: Well the rugby party every year too, used to be insane rugby rugby. Part of it was just out of the field. Somebody steal just a ton of kegs. Do they burn couches?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 2: I don't remember the fair enough.
Speaker 5: How many colleges in the Midwest have rugby teams?
Speaker 2: Almost none. Maybe somebody just lied to you they did well.
Speaker 4: It might have been I mean, I don't know if it was the official sinklu like interview or something.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the Gopher men's basketball team Parker lost eighty two seventy four to the Ohio State University. They've lost four straight. They're ten and nine, believe it or not. They only have twelve games left in the regular season. They battle seventh rank Nebraska on Saturday. Our guy Freddie Hoiberg.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, seventh rank Nebraska, look at the mayor of Freddie Hoiberg.
Speaker 8: But overtime last night. Yeah, and it only gets more difficult. You got to play with Nebraska, who saw us the top ten team in the nation, and then you got to go to Wisconsin who just beat you on your home court. So the toughness of the Big ten it is, it's unbelievable. Every night, night in, night out, and this is the time of the year where her reffs start, you know, putting their whistle in their pockets a little bit, and it gets a little bit more physical and you get more bumps and bruises. And the Gophers are in a situation that where they only have a seven man rotation, they really only want to play five guys.
Speaker 2: So you're talking about you're talking about your five guys are the best occasion? Tommy them for false advertising? Oh yeah, Tommy. Tommy went in there. It was like, where are the guys? Are? I want food? Yes? He does. The NFL Final four is set.
Speaker 5: Hey, we go back for one second, but I just want to keep stacking this exact same take for the last hour.
Speaker 2: Please, Matt Walker check this out.
Speaker 5: Freddie Hoiberg get Nebraska right, Ye, you're one seven and twenty five, year two, seven and twenty year three, ten and twenty two.
Speaker 2: Now he's eighteen and er unbelievable, right, he probably shouldn't have survived.
Speaker 5: Right in the prized he did? I know, but look, I love Freddy. He's such a great dude. He's always been super nice. Eighteen and zher and what are they?
Speaker 2: Seventh? Is that what you said? Sauce? Yeah, seventh ranked team in the country. Yes, seventeen two.
Speaker 9: There's part of it like if you're I'm not saying this about me and getting preaching here, but if you're a good person and a good guy and have good energy, it seems that's what he seems like. Yeah, it seems like it buys you some flexibility. I like to think I'm easy to work with and bring something to the table because it's a profession of wackos at times. Right, I feel I feel like a normal dude in a profession of wackos at times, for sure.
Speaker 2: But I think it buys you some some leeway. Yeah, Corey, Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: And also is a nice guy six and four twenty twenty five, JJ McCarthy nice. You imagine what we're going to get in twenty six twenty seven.
Speaker 5: So you're preaching patients with JJ's are saying patient is nine a nice guy?
Speaker 8: No, because a bad okay boy, We're.
Speaker 2: Okay, We're okay, We're okay, We're okay. It might be good. Everybody get back up the rails. Hoiburg is excellent.
Speaker 8: And You're right, Corey, he really struggled, and I think they were ready to move on and now you see the change they've made. And those Nebraska fans are crazy, like they are some of the craziest fans in the country. They got it rolling, and it'd be fun to see Nebraska in like a Sweet sixteen or a Final four, like Reddy Hoiberg back on the big stage would be excellent.
Speaker 2: Margaret versus Holy there you go.
Speaker 10: Who's the best team in college basketball? Maybe not the number one ranked team, but is there like a Florida this year?
Speaker 2: I know there isn't.
Speaker 8: There isn't a Florida who's just gonna overwhelm you with their death. I really love Iowa State. They went into Purdue and beat them by almost thirty points. And I know this is biased because Taylor's brother plays for Iowa State, but they have all the pieces. I think, as you guys know, once you look at the marsh Madness kind of situation, you have to have a really good lead guard, and Taman Lipsey is a lead guard that that's as good as they come in the country.
Speaker 2: And then you got to have a front court.
Speaker 8: They got a kid in Jefferson who's absolutely excellent, and then they have this kid off the bench. He's a French guard he's going to be a top fifteen pick in the NBA draft and tore people don't really.
Speaker 2: Know about him coming off the bench. Coming off the bench.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so they have all potential, all potential, and they have a lot of depth. I think they're number two or three in the country. Are now playing in the Big Twelve. So that's a tough conference. You know, you always have to look at Purdue, but but they never seem to finish it up. I got Iowa State this year and maybe that's biased, so I can go to the Final.
Speaker 2: Four as well.
Speaker 7: But who hey, Matt Walker, Ye, you remember when it was what it was like to be young and have all that memory like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, Parker's just going crazy over there. I'm next time I'm marveled at and he's doing.
Speaker 7: He's doing television for hockey.
Speaker 2: Wow, was that awesome?
Speaker 8: Park I think it comes from my fiance a little bit, but no, so my fiance Taylor, he one hockey player. And I'm doing my first ever like official hockey kind of commentary this week. I've never done it before. I always been a basketball guy. So people that are watching hockey to Minnesota has some patience with me. I'm a best of things out, you know, Perry. I just asked Taylor, I said, what's the half wall yesterday? So so we're learned a couple of things here. You're gonna be by my emergency contact.
Speaker 2: I'm there for one of the things.
Speaker 9: I feel the most fortunate about moving here because this this became home my entire life. India, there's not much hockey right again. The Indianapolis Ice was the feeder for the Blackhawks for a while, and I do some of that. No hockey move up here and and to become a part of hockey cult. My daughter was was just a youngster when we got up here, my oldest uh, and she went right into hockey, played ice hockey, was in All State player confusion, got played in the state title game and whoa, and my son now is playing we our bantam team took one on the chan over in Minnesota last night and it's Saint Mary Point.
Speaker 2: But it's so fun to be a part of this hockey culture.
Speaker 9: And then at our place, our women's hockey team is back to back national champions.
Speaker 2: And number one again.
Speaker 9: Wowow great hockey and her it's a it's an amazing hockey town. Our our arenas we've host we've blucked out. We've hosted the last two. It's Saturgate Arena, we've hosted the last year, and we've won the last two national championship on home ice.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable falls. Let's go.
Speaker 5: Nobody knows hockey like the state of Minnesota, and here to prove it.
Speaker 2: Here to explain.
Speaker 5: The half wall is the fans Paul meet Sauce Lambert.
Speaker 10: Is the half wall the wall behind the like the goalie, like you played off the half wall where you can like kind of shoot it in a roll around.
Speaker 2: That's the back wall. It is the half wall. The side wall. You're getting there on the side, like right by where the players sit. I mean that's that's the bench.
Speaker 4: And that's the bench and you know kind of center ice area, more neutral zone the bench.
Speaker 2: You're getting close warming Could I guess? And I don't know. Can I get about mighty ducks. I'm gonna get mighty ducks.
Speaker 5: I'm admitting I don't know, but I'm going to guess. Give us you're educated. I'm gonna guess. It's halfway between both ends. It's the wall that's at the halfway point. That is close. I had no idea that.
Speaker 2: Is closer, closer than behind the goaling. Yes, me, the half wall is between the goal line and the blue line. There you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there the half wall in the policy. Yep, wingers are on the half wall. So yeah, it's it's you. You were on the right track. Cory got it, thank you. Sachs was getting there.
Speaker 2: There was halfway between the things that he said. Thank you.
Speaker 9: Cool.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, you're gonna say some half wall nonsense on the broadcast, but you'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be all right.
Speaker 8: We're doing nine thirty am we got Hastings Girls versus Park Cottage Grove Girls, and then four thirty pm we got Saint Thomas Academy versus Rock Ridge, which is Virginia Mountain people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, those kind of Maddy Niskanen, Yeah, niscan is the head coach up there, and Dallas star teammate.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I told him your story about the half wall, not the half wall. They pimped out his old Toyota camera. It was and some good memories came from that. Yeah, what are you doing the game Hasting's girls game?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Our athletic director Crystal Landing, and I mentioned her daughter's the goalie for the Aston's girls team.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 8: I think they have a commit to maybe A River Falls commit in there, so that's correct.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. Yeah, let's go awesome. We got some lead box on those games.
Speaker 8: We got carts. He's going to be there. And then I think La Panta's doing some as well. That's pretty cool around fun all my hockey guys. I'm fired up.
Speaker 2: Jack of all trades Parker, so proud of you. I'm proud of you. How hard you work?
Speaker 9: Man?
Speaker 2: God? What's that like?
Speaker 8: Yeah? You tear some a cls but it adds up there.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: All right, Vikings News when we come back, we'll kind of turn it into NFL news because there's some NFL news. We can get Matt Walker's take on the two games this weekend as well. Matt Walker of A River Falls is here, Mark Parris, Parker Fox.
Speaker 2: This is the power show on the.
Speaker 7: A ever Boughty Harder more sure. Here we are and again time for some Vikings who were top some football with the Division III college foot national champion, head coach of the u W Riverfall Falcons.
Speaker 2: Our friend Matt Walker's in studio and uh yeah, you got something else for everybody.
Speaker 3: It's a wild Wednesday here on Campan, It's a wild Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: We're taking your talkbacks all day long. He's a talkback feature in the iHeartRadio app and tell us who who on the Wild is due for a breakout game. Winners will be selected all day for Wild versus Red Wing tickets tomorrow. All the details of camfe dot com heyward contests.
Speaker 6: Go ahead, who's a go ahead? Color career caprice off correct? Yes, yeah, yeah, that's a a good bet. Just send the tickets via whatever.
Speaker 1: You have a guess?
Speaker 2: Chat Abbott, you skate with drop foot? I don't think you can a goalie? Any other guesses?
Speaker 5: Kessler guards he although he probably has played for every team.
Speaker 2: Probably has. Yeah, anybody else you the Guards?
Speaker 5: You ever play tennis at River Falls? Probably probably did.
Speaker 8: You're gonna go to the eight to thirty puck drop versus the Red Wigs, Cory, when is that Thursday?
Speaker 2: Thursday?
Speaker 5: I mean my car is going to be in the driveway freezing, so I doubt it will start.
Speaker 2: I probably won't be able to get there. You can go to the Frost game to night at six pm. I go to the Frost game. I play that game every morning. This morning it was freaking cold.
Speaker 4: It's time for Yeah, thank you, rad Co presented by all Right.
Speaker 5: We led with this a couple hours ago. This is like kind of minor news now, but it's technically an update. The Florida State Attorney dropped the charges against Jordan Addison for trespassing at the casino. Technically, I guess at the noodle bar at the Seminal Hard Rock Hotel and Casino near Tampa, so.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't leave the bar.
Speaker 5: We still don't know why, and then didn't want to quite leave the casino and had to be redirected multiple times.
Speaker 2: But charges dropped, So no harm, no foul there. Shout out to Sandra Bullock and the movie Gravity.
Speaker 5: Addison's agent last week said he was weighing options about filing a lawsuit over false arrest.
Speaker 2: But maybe that just goes away now to who knows.
Speaker 5: So I would assume, and if you assume, you make an asset of Uma Thurman. But if you assume that this is all over with, my guess is the Vikings don't punish him.
Speaker 2: The Vikings just move on.
Speaker 5: But I still would argue the same thing when this came out that even though it sounds like it's much ado about nothing now, it is still another head scratcher where you're like, is this the guy we want to give a lot of money to because they have to make a decision about do we sign him to a long term extension? Do we give him a whole bunch of money, or do we trade him?
Speaker 2: Do we just let him go after his fourth year? What do we do with Jordan Adison?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Well, it's the same thing coach is talking about. It's like doing the right thing, being a good person, like it's gonna it's gonna help you. And he's put himself non positions over and over again, not saying he's a bad person, but he's not doing the right thing. You don't show up to you know, walk through or whatever it is, and you get in trouble like things are you're gonna have it's consequences for those things.
Speaker 2: So what do you do? Coach?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What do you? What do you do? Boy?
Speaker 9: It's a hard one because the same people that are gonna question you on guys making mistakes are the same ones that want you to beat the Bears and the Packers and these good players help you beat them, right, it's such a hard thing to deal with. I can't imagine at the professional level. You know, I got a little bit more of a tighter grip on guys, and the freshmen are still scared of me. I can't imagine professional sports. These guys are you know, the money they're making, and yeah, that's it's their life, you know, it's it's their job at Oh god, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm nervous to give an answer here.
Speaker 7: Well, you're getting all these costs from Tennessee Titans. They better figure it out. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: This whole group of people that help you with these crisis management situations in these situations occur.
Speaker 2: But got he's such a good player, right, my god, he's so fun to watch. Sauce, What do you do?
Speaker 10: I think you trade him, and I think you find another wide receiver. I don't know if the contracts work or whatever. But like somebody like an aj Brown who's arguing with his coach in the middle of a playoff.
Speaker 2: Can you have Jordan and a Brown?
Speaker 10: But somebody like that. But I just think that you're not going to pay him. You took him? What twenty third. Overall, you'd probably like to get something for him. And as we've brought up a lot, you have Jalen Naylor who can play and is probably ready to make me step into that second wide receiver role. Not that it's easy to play wide receiver, but it's easier when you get to play with a guy like Justin Jefferson and they need the cap space they need play like I think they trade.
Speaker 11: Him it' zauce. Thanks man, Thanks, I agree, Thanks that guy. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: So do you get much time to watch professional football? Coach?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's on. The in season grind we have is almost unexplainable to people. I can't imagine you're I think I've been home before midnight a couple of times in seasons crazy and Sunday, the player's day off for us, is our biggest workday, so we're in the office, so we do have the games on in the background when we're in the office all day Sunday, so we get to watch some.
Speaker 5: But all right, so who do you like? Let's go through this. The AFC Championship game is Sunday at two o'clock. The New England Patriots are at the Denver Broncos, and before I get your take on that game, let's just try it again.
Speaker 2: We're gonna try it all week.
Speaker 5: The quarterback of the Denver Broncos sauce for the AFC Title Game is Jared Didham. God he got it. Took him three days, but we got there. You can retain it for the next two days. That is still in question, but noil the Jarretts. Didham is the quarterback. So Drake May versus Diidham on Sunday?
Speaker 2: Who do you like?
Speaker 9: I gotta go Patriots And that's hard from this lifelong time in Indianapolis with the Manning Brady call, It's hard to root for the Patriots for anything.
Speaker 2: But I got Brad.
Speaker 9: Stevens in Boston that helps. Can you bet against them this week? But don't you feel terrible for the Broncos. It's awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels terrible.
Speaker 5: Oh those guys, like specifically Saws hates Sean Payton so much, and I don't think he feels bad for the Broncos at all.
Speaker 2: Man, I don't want the kid hurt.
Speaker 9: But that's for about Nicks because that was fun. They were fun to watch. That was Hopefully this kid can get it going and we have. These have been some great games. Holy cow, they have some fun watch. Football is undefeated.
Speaker 10: I think I saw something this morning that there's been fifteen lead changes in the fourth quarter, the most in NFL playoff history.
Speaker 8: I mean, that Bears game was as good of a football game as I've watched a long time. That passed from Caleb Williams was arguably one of the best things I've watched.
Speaker 7: And then we got the National Football Game, a championship game on Monday night, which was a great game as well. And I'm still debating whether or not as much as I love him, I'm not sure that dana was the best football team and on the field that night, I thought Miami had him.
Speaker 9: It's the second most fun National Championship game I was watching.
Speaker 5: So the second game is the NFC title game at five thirty. The Los Angeles Rams of Anaheim are at Sam Darnold and the Seattle Seahawks and DraftKings.
Speaker 2: The Seahawks are two and a half point favorites.
Speaker 5: We mentioned this a day or two ago, but both games against those two teams this year. One game was a two point game, the other one was a one point overtime game. So they've played each other tight both games. I'm gonna take the Rams. I'm a Stafford fan. I think the way they had to go get.
Speaker 9: Gridy and win that last game, and I'm they're gonna ride that momentum. I feel I feel the Rams here.
Speaker 5: Do you know the the O's Pearlman angle, You know the mentalist O's Pearlman.
Speaker 2: Have you heard of him?
Speaker 5: So he's it's just he was on America's Got Town like ten years ago. Now he's spent the last handful of years blowing everybody's mind. He's the guy that goes to foot teams like practice facilities and they do like the preseason. So he has I don't remember how many months back this was, he was at the Rams facility earlier this year and he has Matt Stafford come up to the front of the room and he said he wants like him to visualize a play, and he throws him a football.
Speaker 2: Mean, meanwhile, he's like, he has.
Speaker 5: Him pick out a guy and he picks Davante Adams, and DeVante Adams writes a score on his hand. He's basically like, I want you to visualize what you think the Super Bowl would be and who you're beating? And while he's doing that, so Devanta Adams writes a score on his hand, doesn't show anybody. He has Matt Stafford throw the football to anybody he wants in the room, and he throws it to kyn Williams, the running back, and he throws it back to Matt Stafford. Then Oz says, throw out anybody else in the room that you want. He throws it to Kobe Durant and then he says to DeVante Adams, he goes, you were thinking about the bronco was correct? And DeVante says yes, and then he says, and the score was twenty three to fourteen, right, And DeVante shows his hand and it says twenty three to fourteen, and everybody's mind's blown. Then, to take it up a notch, Kyrine Williams' number is twenty three, Kobe.
Speaker 2: Durant's number is fourteen. Yeah, that's not even a trick. That's just it's like, how is that even possible?
Speaker 5: So anyways, so that was months ago, and now even though Jared Jared Stidham look at you, even though Stidham is the quarterback, Everybody's like, if this super Bowl goes twenty three to fourteen Rams over Broncos.
Speaker 2: How do we even go on as a society.
Speaker 5: Like it always does this weird mentalist trick, but then it actually happens. Then we have a glitch in the matrix.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's on.
Speaker 9: I've seen some of those other ones. Maybe it wasn't him, but other ones in these press it probably was him. They do blow your mind. I don't, right, I need to bring one of those guys in.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 5: I mean, we're one game, Like, if it's Broncos and Rams, we're all gonna tweak out.
Speaker 2: If it's twenty three fourteen. Man Os is a freak.
Speaker 8: There's got to be some degenerate gamblers that are just putting that money line on that game.
Speaker 7: If ose Pearlman somehow really knows he ought to be a gazillionaire.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, yep, yep, Maybe he is.
Speaker 5: Maybe he's secretly making all these bets on it. Maybe he had a lot of money on River Falls. Scoop did manoo what's his thing?
Speaker 8: He says he doesn't. He's not a mind reader. He said he just reads people's people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He says so many times that this is not true mind reading. This isn't magic. But like we've always mentioned, if you've seen the movie of the Prestige Christopher Nolan, it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: If he truly.
Speaker 5: Could do it, it would be really dumb to say that you're doing it.
Speaker 2: It's so much smarter to go this isn't mind reading, because.
Speaker 1: Otherwise, if he was reading our minds, we would shoot him. Yeah, we have to kill It would.
Speaker 5: Be like the Salem Woods Trials. We'd be like, we can't let this guy just walk around reading our minds.
Speaker 2: Are gonna shoot him. Yeah, No, he would know ahead of time. So anyway, I don't really care.
Speaker 5: I'm cheering for twenty three fourteen Rams over the Broncos in the super Bowl, just to see what happens.
Speaker 2: To the world. That would be insane. I don't even know how we would react to that. He would be He would be the story Monday morning. It wouldn't be the Rams won the.
Speaker 5: Super Bowl would be do you hear O's nailed it? Like four months ago? Witchcraft? That absolute witchcraft.
Speaker 1: You never know.
Speaker 2: Let's see. So you're going Rams and Patriots at your prediction?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Well, because if I.
Speaker 5: Win, I don't know all right, Fan five and a second headlines later, more of the
Speaker 2: Power Trip Morning Show after this on the Fans