Speaker 1: This happy for Friday. I think my voice is a little bit shot. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a sneezing fit right before bed last night, sneeze like forty times really hard, and I tried to follow your directions. I think it was Jenny who said that we sneezed that way because we are expected to say hat chew Bailey, but in Japan they'll say like whatever. So I tried to see silent that I cannot do it. So forty sneezes later, I my voice is a little.
Speaker 1: Bit what who cares? It's Friday?
Speaker 3: You're not sick though I'm not sick. Too many students going on around here.
Speaker 4: Bailey was sick earlier, Cold was sick, found sick, so I need to not be around y'all.
Speaker 3: Am good. Jenny was quarantine. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Fun.
Speaker 3: Can I come in there and be in your studio?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 5: Wait?
Speaker 2: Our big company holiday party last night, and it was kind of fun. It was It was, seriously, you guys. It was the nicest, most posh holiday party we've had in a long time. There was a period where we'd go down to what's the bowling Alley over here in Saint Louis Park. It's bright, like no not Brightley Bull Tavern Park Tavern, which is not bad, it's just I mean, last night we went to Jack's, which is like they had a seafood buffet. They had a meat carving guy and a tall hat and it was just dope.
Speaker 1: It was really cool.
Speaker 2: We stole little pieces of things for Bad for Jenny's Trev for her camper van, old tabasco sauces.
Speaker 4: Dave and I are little hay seeds and we were like, oh, crab legs, and so we grabbed the big crab legs that are basically in the seafood buffetfor.
Speaker 1: I think they were for decoration.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're both trying to get into them and they're like frozen. Anyway, Dave got into his. I couldn't get any of the meat out of mine.
Speaker 2: It was a it was it was dope. Seriously, shout out my heart for a great.
Speaker 6: Holiday party, like Flombay desserts so like they had bananas foster that they the guy was like over there like light and stuff on fire.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was great.
Speaker 4: Nameth.
Speaker 6: The cake after Bailey they did called Bailey's Chalk a Cake.
Speaker 3: Bailey, did you did you win any of the raffles?
Speaker 6: No? I stayed until the end, and I took everyone's tickets after they would leave, just because I wanted to win that raffle for I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: Emily are like office manager. She's so smart. She was like, if you want to win a raft, we have to be here. What must be present to win? Yeah, to make sure people don't leave, because that was definitely the plan. Yeah, but I stayed until she announced the things that I wanted.
Speaker 3: Didn't get anything. My girlfriend want something?
Speaker 2: You want a holiday or a hundred dollars gift cardol Anyway, she won one of the best. It is where red today, so we're all wearing red. You don't have to, I mean I would just kind of fun thing to do. So maybe a texture coworker down at work shape it's red. It's where red today? Seeing where read into work today. So there's that. We're going to play a little game of bandle right now, just kind of get your brain fired up. I got whirdled in I think four today, in case you're curious. I got connections with no mistakes today and I got strands with only one hint today, So it was a pretty good day.
Speaker 1: A wordlin four.
Speaker 2: So bandal is kind of like it's not it's it's a little bit like wordlin that it gives you a little bit at a time of a song, and then we have to guess what the song is just based on what it plays for.
Speaker 3: So it'll play like layers of a song.
Speaker 6: So this one, these are the clues that it gives us to begin with. Released in twenty ten, YouTube views two billion, big but it says difficulty as medium. Okay, okay, So it's going to start with drums and.
Speaker 5: Sound effect okay, not helping?
Speaker 1: No, no, okay, move on to the next one.
Speaker 3: It sounds like Taylor Swift to me, but that's okay, all right, could be yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 6: This is going to add bass and strings.
Speaker 3: Or that one.
Speaker 1: No, there's the base I here, okay, nothing, give me something.
Speaker 3: This is going to add piano.
Speaker 1: It's gotta be Taylor Swift. I think.
Speaker 3: I don't. I think I'll maybe.
Speaker 1: No, okay, add another layer please.
Speaker 3: This is going to add strings to.
Speaker 2: Now we're all sitting here thinking it could be a KDWB song and it might not be a KWB song.
Speaker 3: I think I got it. I think I got it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that song. I'm not afraid to take Everybody. I don't know what that's called, though I'm not I think it's called and that's correct. I don't think we have that the system for me, I probably don't want here.
Speaker 3: This is what the voice cover.
Speaker 7: Yeah, look at me.
Speaker 6: Very good.
Speaker 1: I don't know that song.
Speaker 3: That was the first time I've ever gotten one of these corrects.
Speaker 1: Very good.
Speaker 4: I thought it was a Kanye song at first, from like the second clue, but then they kept going and I was like, that's not right.
Speaker 2: That was a harder one for me. A lot of the time, it's like, there's an easy pop.
Speaker 3: Song, right that sounded like Taylor supped to be the.
Speaker 1: People did Have All Summer?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that's five years old.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right?
Speaker 2: That is a bandal You can find it on your phone. There's a free version, there's a paid version. I think the free is a daily one. If you want to access the full catalog, then you pay for it. But why bye bye?
Speaker 1: Why all right?
Speaker 2: We'll be back in a second on kd WB War of the Roses if you missed it yesterday. It is a spicy one because she gets a text from her boyfriend that says, you look real blankable right now? Which is great, but they're not around each other. He's having dinner with twelve female co workers, so she thinks he meant to send it to one of them. He's like, nah, no, now you'll hear the whole thing coming up on War of the Roses. Grab some coffee, let the dog out, brush your teeth, and we'll be right back with War of the Roses on kd W. It's KDBB. I am excited because I think we have New Taylor Swift coming up later this morning. What time we're going to play New Taylor Swift?
Speaker 4: We know, well, it's not necessarily new, it's from her album that she last released, but it's her it's her second single, So we're gonna play that, I think somewhere between like seven and eight, because we also have New Somber that we're playing at seven o'clock and I actually listened to it this morning already because I couldn't help myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's really good. You're a Somber fan. I love Somber. It was Alyssa. Oh he's so good. He's so good. So yeah, we'll we'll play.
Speaker 4: But I know that Taylor's dropping the music video for Open lighte but correct me, it's only on.
Speaker 7: It's on Apple Music and Spotify today and then starting Sunday you'll see it on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Right correct.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do you can't make this stuff up and get started with wing free.
Speaker 1: KD W B.
Speaker 3: Two four.
Speaker 6: Hey.
Speaker 2: And by the way, while I'm doing this, when we still need a sing along song of the day, So if you want to do a sing along song, text me your idea and we'll play that for you right after we do you can't make this stuff up. Vant We'll look at your text messages and vont can choose the song that we're gonna do on the singalong song of the day.
Speaker 8: A he go.
Speaker 2: Fun facts about Super Bowl halftime shows, wardrobe malfunctions to marching bands.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: The first three Super Bowls halftimes featured marching bands. Celebrities didn't take the stage un till nineteen seventy when there were some old school performers that performed during the halftime show and Elvis impersonating magician provided the entertainment. In nineteen eighty nine, he went by the name of Elvis Presto.
Speaker 1: Are you kidding?
Speaker 3: That was nineteen eighty nine?
Speaker 2: It was really that line ago I was gonna Diana Ross had the best exit from a Super Bowl halftime show in nineteen ninety six. She took off from midfield in a helicopter during her song called Take Me Higher.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that. Wow, that sounds great.
Speaker 2: Prince legendary collaboration with Mother Nature two thousand and seven, A real genuine downpour broke out when he was performing you guessed it purple rain, and that is epic. I saw that in the Prince Museum. They showed in the lobby and the gift shop and it is like, Wow, it is pouring down rain. Prince is out there just killing it with his purple guitar doing purple rain.
Speaker 1: And you can still see it on YouTube YouTube.
Speaker 3: I loved that one.
Speaker 2: Next one, CBS lost viewers at halftime in nineteen ninety two because Fox aired a special episode of a show called in Living Color opposite the halftime show, which featured figure skaters. Fay okay, a lot of people switched to an estimated ten percent of the first half audience never came back to the CBS game.
Speaker 1: What Well.
Speaker 2: That's the thing about the Super Bowl is, honestly, once halftime is over, if you don't care about the game or it's a blowout. Yeah, it's very much anti climactic, very sure.
Speaker 4: I took a super Bowl quiz on BuzzFeed yesterday to figure out what super Bowl snack I was.
Speaker 3: I was nachos.
Speaker 4: But one of the questions was like, do you watch the whole game or do you just pay attention until about halftime and then you're done?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, yeah, half time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's usually what it is, because the best commercials, the ones that people will talk about the next day, are going to roll right after they do the national anthem, right after the kickoff, right in the first quarter of the Super Bowl. That's when you'll see the people who paid the most money to have their ads aired, because the audience trickles away as the game goes by. By halftime, the good ads are on, but then once halftime is over, there's nothing left but the game and the commercials that they didn't spend as much to be in the first half of the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or rerun in the stuff from the first half.
Speaker 2: We are going to have a super Bowl part yeah, right, exactly. Yeah, we are gonna have a super Bowl party at my house on Saturday on Sunday night. I thought about having it on Saturday, but it didn't seem to coincide with the game. Yeah, no so, but I expect everybody all y'all gotta leave after halftime.
Speaker 3: That's what I was planning out.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna flicker the lights so you guys will start leaving right after Bad Bunny is done.
Speaker 3: Did you not tell me about this? I didn't know you were still having it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're still having one. Yeah, that's fine, that's fine.
Speaker 3: If the dogs get dropped off early, you should come. It is not about that.
Speaker 4: And yes, if the dogs get dropped off early, I told you I will be there. My only problem is is the drop off time is five thirty. Dave lives thirty minutes away from me. If we're getting kicked out at halftime, I'll be there for approximately twenty minutes, which might be perfect because that'll be just enough time to eat, yeah, and get food.
Speaker 3: To go on a tupperware container.
Speaker 1: And go back home. We're doing chili. Is chili a good idea? Yeah? Is that okay?
Speaker 2: Because we do a chili bar, there'll be sour cream Jalapano's Daria Scoops I mean, you know whatever, whatever, like onions to put on top. Is there a better idea than a chili bar?
Speaker 6: I think that sounds delicious, And my mom is breeding doubled eggs, so that's good too. Should I bring my own tupperware? Or should I rely on you to give me some? You have to bring your own, Okay.
Speaker 2: I love the fact that you're planning on walking out of there with a crockpot full of left said.
Speaker 4: The only reason I say that is because you literally told us to do that last time.
Speaker 3: Because Susan makes would.
Speaker 1: Make she makes way too much. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Seriously, she made food for a party of like fifty and there was probably like ten to twelve of us there at the last one. So yes, I did take a lot home because otherwise you all would have been thrown out.
Speaker 2: Wait, please do bring along a tapperware? Yes, yes, And we're gonna have a crockpot full of meatballs. We're gonna have buffalo chicken dip. Susan makes little I don't know what you call it, but your roll like got corn beef around a pickle?
Speaker 4: Yomo, yeah, yom okay corny or is it Ham's she mixes that cream cheese.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yes, yes, super Bowl. I was just trying to Sorry, I was trying to call. I was not in the conversation. I was trying to call the sing along sung person.
Speaker 1: Did we get a sing a long song?
Speaker 3: Yes, we did. I was trying to call you.
Speaker 7: If we call you around this time, pick up because we want to get you on the radio and talk to you. But mister bright Side baby Spirits sing.
Speaker 1: Along, boost your mood.
Speaker 2: It's Friday, It's k d w B and Dave's Dirt is coming up next.
Speaker 1: Sing along song with Today. I liked that one.
Speaker 2: Liz is on the phone, Liz are talking about the super Bowl party coming up on Sunday. My wife Susan's gonna make that thing with a like a piece of corn beef and and then you put a pickle in there and then you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Right, Liz, Yeah, just called it's either it's called Minnesotah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, yeah, because I never ran into it before we got here year, so it's Midwest or Minnesota sushi. You make this stuff too, Liz?
Speaker 5: Yes, my children, what do.
Speaker 2: You what's your what's your ingredient list? What do you put in there, depends on.
Speaker 3: What I have on hand.
Speaker 8: I drew your ham, turkey, cornb Brothbet.
Speaker 5: You can mix it up, Yeah, mix it up with whatever you want and you need like a nice crispy pickle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thought's not a fan. You don't have to have any Just stick a toothpick in each one.
Speaker 3: Liz cut them down to like the pinwheel size.
Speaker 2: Stick a pin stick, a toothpick in each one. Thank you, Liz. Have a good super Bowl weekend you do. Hey, this is actually really cool. I gonna mention this one because, uh, this is it's a big thing happening on Sunday starting eleven in the morning till six in the afternoon when we're gonna do the commercial free Big Game pre Party. It is seven commercial free hours the biggest songs to get you ready for the game. So when you're listening to ADWGB on Sunday from eleven till six, no top Dog law, no, Hey, going to the airport?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like your car. How long you've been a right share driver? Shut up for about four years?
Speaker 2: Oh, none of that garbage anyway. As part of that, we'll also have the Super Bowl sixty Tailgate Concert presented by net app from two thirty to four our time with Teddy Swims.
Speaker 1: So this is kind of cool.
Speaker 2: So Sunday afternoon, on Super Bowl Sunday, you can turn on KDWGB. And we love our advertisers. We just give them a hard time. Change your copy up once in a while, change your copy up once in a while. But that is on Sunday afternoon. Are we doing the dirt right now? Dave's dirt on KDWGB. First story is going to be positive. It's about the super Bowl. Bad Bunny dishes on the super Bowl halftime details.
Speaker 9: I'm excited about these performers.
Speaker 3: I'm excited.
Speaker 9: But the same time, how I said before, he is I feel one side about all the people than it would be of all my family, of all my friends, people that I know that they always have believed me.
Speaker 3: And I love his English. It's gotten so much better.
Speaker 7: I've seen interviews with him like years ago where he was like struggling but getting through it, and now he's saying full on sentences.
Speaker 3: Is not a bad Bunny, yep. I mean I can only speak one language.
Speaker 4: So Nick Jonas found it in a pair of borrowed jeans, an old paper plane ticket that apparently belonged to Glenn Powell, and he joked that he wore these before me. It's the Brotherhood of the Traveling Pants. So apparently performers are giving given clothes for public appearances, and Nick was lent jeans for the tonight show performance of Gut Punch, and Glenn Powell commented on Instagram, they didn't.
Speaker 3: Wash these for you.
Speaker 4: I feel like the Brotherhood of the Traveling Pants should incorporate some sort of hygiene pack. Which was very interesting to hear that that happens. Because I learned a little bit of tea from Frankie Torres, who performed at our company party last night. Frankie was on the Voice You Look Artist, and she said that, like, you don't get to pick the song that you perform, not even your audition song. They'll give you like five hundred songs and they'll be like, pick your top twenty. Maybe you'll get one in there, but a lot of people like there was one song she performed later on that she didn't know the song whatsoever. Oh wow to perform it, And I was shocked, because you would think your audition song you get to pick that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I also think what's wild about this? Glenn Powell, Nick Jonas.
Speaker 6: I don't think of those dudes as the same size, no, but apparently they are because they shared the same pans.
Speaker 4: But that's how the sister of the travel plants work. It's four different girls for different sizes, but the pants still fit.
Speaker 3: Them like a glove. You write, Jennie. You right.
Speaker 6: So Tom Brady isn't rooting for the Patriots on Sunday, and his former teammates are calling him out that bullcrap.
Speaker 3: Tom, This ain't political. It ain't political.
Speaker 7: What it is.
Speaker 3: Say what it is?
Speaker 9: Right what you see, Man, Look at the end of the day, if you're a patre for life, you know what it is.
Speaker 1: Don't give me that political bull crap.
Speaker 3: That's just what it is.
Speaker 7: If you don't think we're gonna win, just pick Seattle, then don't strout on the fence.
Speaker 8: That's the way Tom feels. I got a big dog in the race. I'm telling you that right now. That's my boy right there. You know, Rabel eight, your teammates, you know, like a brother of mine. I mean, I mean all of us, really, I mean, it's like we've got a dog in the fight. Because there's no other way I'm going. I mean, I've loved the way this team is played.
Speaker 2: Every one of those guys needs to kneel down and kiss Tom Brady's ring and forgetting them a super Bowl championship. And one of those guys should be like, let me come over and shampoo your carpet, Let me come over and wash your dog, Let me come over and clean your bathroom. Every one of those guys owes every championship they have to one.
Speaker 6: Thomas Brady, thank you, Wow, least you real upset about it.
Speaker 7: This seems like the year for the resurgence of the One Direction. Member Zane has a new song which I actually really like I called Die for Me, and then Miles Smith has one with Nile Horn out today called Drive Safe.
Speaker 2: All right, a little short on time, so we gotta cut out of the dirt. But we do have new music from Somber coming up in a second, so that'll be in when we come right back. New music from Somber, don't miss that. It's next here on KDWB