Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion La Dodgers, Tam.
Speaker 3: Catshi, everybody, and welcome in to Molrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on this Monday night, May eleventh, as your Dodgers twenty four and sixteen on the season tie atop the NL West after dropping two of three to the Braves over the weekend. The Dodgers homestand continues with the start of a four game divisional series against their rivals from up north to San Francisco Giants. Tonight, Rookie Susaki on the mount in the series opener. First pitch from Uniclo Dodger Stadium, coming up at seven to ten.
Speaker 5: Coming up over the next hour here.
Speaker 3: On Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck live from the Ravine.
Speaker 5: You're gonna hear from the manager Dave.
Speaker 3: Roberts coming up in about forty five minutes as he goes high and tight with David Vassay, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchupb We'll also hear for Max Munsey, who had a big home run yesterday. We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA and in just a few minutes we will head over to Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday in the Galloping Ford Broadcast booth. Well, yesterday, the Dodgers ran into an Elder statesman literally as the Braves beat the Blue. Bryce Elder, the young right hander for the Braves, limited the Dodgers offense five and a third shutout innings.
Speaker 5: He struck out eight along the way while giving him just one hit.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers just didn't have a lot of traffic on the basis yesterday against Elder, despite a couple of walks. Meanwhile, justin Robuski, he was in and out of trouble. In the second the Braves got after him, White and RBI single got Atlanta on the board one to nothing. Next batter, Sean Murphy had a comebacker to Robleski. However, instead of a four to six or one six to three double play to get out of the inning, Robleski's throat was high. He only got the force out at second. Robleski then walks the next batter. Bases loaded for Mauricio Duban.
Speaker 7: Braves with a one nothing lead.
Speaker 2: One one pitch to Dubal and that smack past the diving Muncieing down the third baseline, Harris comes into score. Here comes White behind him, and they're gonna wave home Matteo. It's a basis clearing double and the Braves lead it for nothing.
Speaker 3: Basis clearing double for the Braves, shorts off Atlanta with four run to the top of the second. Robleski would settle in, though navigate his way to the eighth when Drake Baldwin took him deep for a solo home run. Braves of five to nothing mean while the Dodgers offense couldn't muster anything until the sixth, and finally they got something going. They loaded the bases but could not score. The seventh, they had runners on first and second and could not score. But in the bottom of the eighth inning, the Dodgers finally burst through. They got on the board thanks to Max Monsey.
Speaker 7: Here's the pitch.
Speaker 2: Two Monthly Wins hits a drive deep right field, way back, it goes, it is gone, a two run homer for Max Mounsey and it's five to two.
Speaker 7: Well, he didn't wait a round. He's got a slider right over the middle of the plate and he crushed bit for his tenh home run of the season.
Speaker 5: Two run home run for Monthsy.
Speaker 3: That's the top tier play of the game, brought to you by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. Dodgers down five to two, they'd get In fact, the Braves.
Speaker 5: Would take more in the ninth battles.
Speaker 3: The solo home run than an RBI single from the Braves made it seven to two. Braves go on and win it by that same final score. Bryce Elder gets to win Justin. Robleski pitched well win eight and two third innings, gave up seven runs though in the lost. Dodgers dropped two of three to Atlanta over the weekend. They fall to twenty four and sixteen on this season. They fall into a first place tie with the Padres atop the NL West. Tonight, a new day, a new series as the San Francisco Giants are in town. Roki Sisaki on the mound, Mookie Betts back off the injured list. Dodgers feeling good going into this series.
Speaker 5: First pitch is.
Speaker 3: Seven to ten and with more we head over to the galloping Ford broadcast booth as we welcome in Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 8: All right, Tim, we're at the quarter pole of the season. Dodgers at twenty four and sixteen todds, first place with the Padres padres idle. Tonight they begin a series in Milwaukee tomorrow. Yeah, the Dodgers, since they're fifteen and four start mow, have gone nine of twelve. They've scored three runs or fewer in twelve of those twenty one games. The case of the missing offense against the Giant team that has no offense at all.
Speaker 9: Yeah, the Giants come in the third worst record of Major Baseball, and if you look at the last three games played against the Atlanta Brings, the Dodgers had a total of just seven runs, only thirteen hits in that period of time. That's got to turn around. And they had been struggling try and get on base the bullpen has been terrific, the starting pitching has been here and there, and hopefully they're going to get a good performance tonight by Roki Sasaki, who will start for the Dodgers in Game one of the series against the Giants. Bit runs have been problematic as far as on the board for this Dodger bunk club.
Speaker 8: Oh, the Dodgers, at least looking at the schedule, have four with the Giants and then three down in Anaheim. So you've got seven games against two teams that are bad San Francisco sixteen and twenty four, the Angels sixteen and twenty five, and so the competitions for the Dodgers over the next week, it's a combined record of thirty two and forty nine tied to fatten up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, at least on paper, that's true. And how well the of the Giants hit tonight we were going to find out. But they've been on the losing ledger nine or the last twelve. If you look at what they've done on the road, they've dropped seven in a row into the lost column. When they've been on the road itself, they had not scored a lot of runs on the road at recent times as well. But one thing about it, when you come again to play the back to back world champion Dodgers, the world champions to begin with, regardless of the team, you're going to be up for it. And these two organizations have a long history of playing against one another.
Speaker 8: Yes, indeed, and the Dodgers big story tonight as they begin playing four game series with the Giants.
Speaker 7: The return of Mookie Betts.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it's going to be nice to have Bookie. He'll be at shortstop and batting in the number two spot. Last play in April fourth and he was a couple of home run seven RBIs before the oblique put him on the injured list.
Speaker 7: He came back.
Speaker 9: Just watching him work out early this afternoon appeared to be just fine. We're going to find out may take him a couple of days to kind of get back into it. Speaking of a couple of days, he's scheduled to play tonight and tomorrow and then get Wednesday off. At least that's the plan at the present time.
Speaker 7: Coming back in the Oak League.
Speaker 8: To make room for Mooki on the roster, Alex Freeland was sent out to Triple A, and so it is Trevor McDonald going for the Giants tonight against Roki Sasaki. Sasaki looking to turn things around. We'll have a lot more to go between now and the very first pitch.
Speaker 3: Dem all right, thank you, Charlie's been culling you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parlor or your Shaky's Pizza chackin and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 5: Coming up here on.
Speaker 3: Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck, you're gonna hear from Max Muncie. David Vazei checks in throughout the hour. He'll go high and tie with the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 5: What up next?
Speaker 3: Your Otani rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from sports and at LA. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Giants on this Monday night first pitch of seven ten. They should be in with us. I'm Tim Kats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Oh, Dodgers hunting on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Giants, says, we lead you up the first pitch from Dodger Stadium. Rookie Sasaki Trevor McDonald the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewyd Well.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers yesterday, including showey Otani, were quiet for the first seven.
Speaker 5: Innings until Max Mounsey's to run home run.
Speaker 3: That was it as far as offense yesterday, as shoey O'tani and the Dodgers lost seven to two. Showy Otani slumping a little bit right now? How much so well? Showey Otani doesn't very often take bounding practice on the field. Forty five minutes ago, he took four rounds of each beat here at Dodger Stadium, put on a show for the Dodger Stadium crowd.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey, Kirston now joins us hit We're brought to you my Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate it today, your car could be picked up tomorrow.
Speaker 5: That easy. Donate now with carsfo Kids dot Org.
Speaker 3: That's cars with the k As the home stand continues after the Dodgers drop two of.
Speaker 5: Three to the Atlanta Braves.
Speaker 3: Now a four game set against the last place San Francisco Giants. But the right guy back in the lineup, Mookie Bets is back.
Speaker 10: He is back, and he brings you know, he's a superstar in his own right, and so naturally he's going to bring a spark. But when this team, in this offense is looking to really get go right now, you have to take into consideration with his return. This is the first time the team is back to full strength since the at the beginning of the regular season. The last game he played in was Game eight. So for his return, yes, they are going to be very mindful that he's coming off that right oblique strain. While Lukey says that he is in an excellent position and he feels like he checked off every box and it's a muscular injury, so it takes a little bit more time. He needed the four weeks plus honestly to make that return, but he feels good. But Dave Roberts has been clear that, especially in these first two series, he's gonna play these first two then be off on Wednesday. Migie will step in at short and then he's going to play Game four of this series, but then if you look at the next one, he'll likely only do two of three. To continue to manage that especially early.
Speaker 3: Dodgers had to make a decision with the roster too, with Mookie Betts coming off the injury list, somebody had to go back to Triple A Oklahoma City, and that was Alex Freeland.
Speaker 10: It was, and Dave's shared he was very honest with us that he was a challenging conversation. Alex Freeland has worked very hard. We obviously know he was the guy who broke camp with this team and won the opportunity and the position coming out of spring training. But ultimately Hessong has been the better performer as of late. The numbers show that, and he's playing at second this evening. He is going to step in and get some runway there. Dave did say that they are likely going to stick with the platoon that we saw for him between him and Miggi when they were playing at short, but as they're easing Mookie Betts back in, Miggy will primarily be supporting Mooki, allowing for Hassong just to kind of get that runway.
Speaker 3: Looking at this Dodgers lineup, they struggled in two of the three games against the Atlanta Braves. Joie can influx a little bit of life, I guess into this offense. It's dead so much that we saw showy Otani out here.
Speaker 5: Taking VP and this is the second time within a week.
Speaker 10: I mean, we know that whenever he takes batting practice that means he's working through something.
Speaker 1: We saw it in Houston today.
Speaker 10: He took four rounds a VP, which feels like a lot if I'm being honest, I think as we saw kind of the back end of the work, we saw some more consistent home run, some more hard contact and power. But it is clear, like even we noticed that when he started in that first round his batting position he had it rested, his bat resting on his shoulder, on his back shoulder, and that was something we had never And I say week because I'm with Oral Herscheizer and our statistician Rick Krajewski and we're all watching and we were like, we've never seen him hold the bat like that. So it's clear that he's looking to work through kind of getting his feel. The last time he was working on more of his upper half. In regard to how he's positioning himself. So hopefully he found something and hopefully we'll see it play out tonight.
Speaker 3: Let's hope he gets back on track tonight. It's been a long time since we can show aotani go deep here at Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Dam and thank you curious and well.
Speaker 3: Check in with you after the game still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. Will also check in with Max Bunksy. But up next we'll get.
Speaker 5: You an injury report.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Giants on this Monday night, first pitch at seven ten. I'm Tim Kaison at the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 3: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as we lead you out to first bitch from the stadium on this Monday night Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. It's the Dodgers and the Giants, the first of four Rookie Sasaki and Trevor McDonald the pitching matchup in the series.
Speaker 5: Opener, first pitch, set, first seven ten.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 3: Presented by UCLA Healthy Official Medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tyler Glass now on the IL with the lower back spasms. Brock Stewart back on the injured list with the left bone spur Edwin Diaz on the IL recovering from elbow surgery. He helps me back sometime after the All Star break. Ben Casparius on the IL with the right shoulder inflammation. Mookie Betts back off the IL.
Speaker 5: That is certainly good news.
Speaker 3: Tommy Edmonds saw him taking some batting practice earlier today, doing some throwing in long distance. He is doing a lot of baseball activities, but currently on the sixty day IL as he makes his way back from off season ankle surgery. Bruce dark gratterols in Triple A Oklahoma City on a minor league rehabit. Simon Keiky Hernandez in Triple A as well.
Speaker 5: He's due off the IL late in this month.
Speaker 3: Landing that Gavin Stone Evan Phillips all working their way back from arm injuries. All right, we headed back downstairs. As yesterday. Max Munsey provided the only offense for the Dodgers, and I've been to two loss to the Atlanta Braves.
Speaker 5: Dodgers dropped two or three over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Max Bunci almost hit a Grand Slam yesterday, would have made things interesting in the late in the game, but ended up hitting a two run home running afterwards, talked about the loss.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I just think it's a rough stretch for us.
Speaker 12: You know, obviously we're are facing tough pitching and they're making pitches. But I think for us as a group, we're just going through a rough stretch.
Speaker 11: And you know, that's part of baseball.
Speaker 12: And you know, we had some guys hitting balls hard, and we had some guys hitting the balls often, none of them team fall.
Speaker 11: That's just kind of how the game goes sometimes. Is that what it felt like?
Speaker 10: Just in that at that before the home run with the line out to right field, does it seem like it felt like that moment was going to be yours?
Speaker 12: I mean, I kind of felt that way all weekend, with the exception of Sale, which I'm not supposed to feel that way off him. I mean, and I hit what four or five balls one hundred and five or harder, and none of them were hits so it's just it's just how baseball goes. It's it's a really tough sport and you know, you can square a ball up and you can go right at somebody. It's just just part of it, just for the offense where doesn't feel like it's like one cohesive you what do you think of plays into that?
Speaker 11: Is that sort of approach.
Speaker 6: Things that just sort of guys filing out their swings or what kind of leads to that.
Speaker 12: Yes, No, I mean I think we have some guys that aren't in the spot that they want to be in right now, and they're trying to figure that out. And uh, you know, it's kind of tough to compete when you're trying to figure things out.
Speaker 11: And you know.
Speaker 12: We've we've preached that in the past sometimes that you got to just forget about everything you're doing off the field and when you get in the batter's box you just have to compete. And you know, that's probably something we're gonna harp on a little bit again right now because there are a lot of guys trying to just find some mechanics and it's it's hard to hit when you're doing that.
Speaker 3: All right, There's Max a bunch, So yeah, frustrating for all the Dodger hitters with the offense collectively not clicking right now, but you know, one, two, three, all of a sudden, these guys are going to turn things around, maybe all at once, and look out when these guys get back on track. Well, we continue here on Wrongo Continio do Wrongo Casino.
Speaker 5: Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with David Vassa.
Speaker 3: That's right as we lead j up to first pitch Dodgers and Giants from Uniclo Field to Dodger Stadium. I'm Tim Kates's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 7: Guys, we were saying.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Giants Rookie Sasaki on the Mount Dodgers Baseball brought to by Alopato, born in La and made for your game to Alapato brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your plate, al Pato Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, d I don't know if it was just me, but it seemed like a little pep in the step of the Dodgers today because Mookie bects his back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you get one of the best players in baseball back tonight. He'll be starting at short stop and hitting second. We had a chance to catch up with Mookie earlier today and the Dodger dug out at about three o'clock this afternoon. Here's some of the things that we talked about Mookie in Toronto. You thought this wouldn't keep you out as long as it did. Did you ever have any setbacks trying to push it? Was that part of the reason why this took longer than you originally anticipated.
Speaker 11: No, I just.
Speaker 4: Didn't really realize how long it takes to for it to really heal.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 4: I felt pretty good, pretty fast, actually, but just some of the movements that I couldn't do, just the it kind of just lingered for a long time, and I was trying to hurry. But obviously doctors are like it. It just takes a month for it to just heal, and then you have to do all your prep to to get back to playing, So you can't really rush rush time.
Speaker 6: When you look at the team and the offense the last three weeks. When you come back in a situation like this after not playing for a month, do you have to fight against trying to do too much and you know, trying to be the hero to save things.
Speaker 4: No, because I know I'm not the hero.
Speaker 11: It's gonna take us all and so.
Speaker 5: You know, it kind of is what it is.
Speaker 4: We're gonna go throw ups in our downs, but it's important for everyone to know that it's going to take all of us and not just one guy, you know, getting through their struggles or whatever it is.
Speaker 6: That's a great message from Mookie Bets right there at the end, Tim, because it feels like the Dodger lineup has been very disconnected. Everybody worried about their own struggles and it just seems like it's not one connected change. So hopefully Mookie coming back and being part of this team for the last seven seasons will remind the Dodgers of all that David is.
Speaker 3: Brought to about the Ford Maverick motor trends in North American Truck of the Year, the Ford Maverick Everything you need and the most innovative truck with forty two miles per down of the best MSRB.
Speaker 5: If it's category, it's time to see Ford in a new light. Go to your Southern California four dealers today.
Speaker 3: You mentioned the offensive struggles and it starts at the top, Dave with number seventeen.
Speaker 5: Show Hal Tani.
Speaker 13: Yeah, show Hal Tani.
Speaker 6: One home run in his last one hundred and two plate appearances in his last fifteen games, he's sitting under two hundred is on base. More importantly, is just about three hundred as the leadoff hitter. No matter if you're show Hao Tani or if your player X on another team, you're the catalyst.
Speaker 13: You're the catalyst of the offense.
Speaker 6: You make it go and show Hao Tani has done that for the Dodgers in a big way the last two years. And he's in a slump that we haven't seen in a Dodger uniform. But the one thing that, like Mooki said, you can't just worry about yourself and your struggles. You got to do what's right in that moment, in that at bat for the team, whether it's Otani, whether it's ta Oscar Hernandez, whether it's Kyle Tucker. There's a lot of names out there tim that right now are not going well, not named sho Hao Tani and Otani. Earlier today, I'm not sure if you caught this from the suite, but he did take batting practice as part of the last group with ta Oscar Hernandez and he was inning balls afar away and it's only the second time that he has done.
Speaker 13: That this season.
Speaker 6: So we'll see whether or not that translates in the game tonight, real quick.
Speaker 3: Dave Rokie tonight, what are the expectations for him?
Speaker 6: Well, if you remember in his last start, the first three innings were very Rokie likes scared a pitch to contact, but the final three innings to allow him to get through six was him retiring the last ten Cardinals in Saint Louis and attacking the strike zone. He's got to do that from the very beginning and not pitch scared, and if he does that, he'll be able to save this Dodger bullpen and go at least five or six innings tonight.
Speaker 3: All right, David Gray stuff will check back in with the DV in just a little bit. He goes one on one with the manager Dave Roberts up next, so we'll get you your Dodgers Magical Moment. Don't go anywhere to leads you up to Dodgers and Giants on this Monday night.
Speaker 5: First Bitch at seven ten.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Katz's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers your network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Giants on this Monday Night. Rookie Susaki and Trevor McDonald the pitching matchup in the series opener.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up, that's seven ten.
Speaker 1: Dog who wants the hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Bitch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 3: Well, the Dodgers and Giants have a long rivalry going back to New York, but we don't go back too far. September nineteenth, last year, here at the stadium, Clayton Kershaw on the mound. His final career starts at Dodgers Stadium, ends as it should with the strikeout from the future Hall of Famer.
Speaker 7: But the way that Clayton Kershaw has elected to go out. He has kind of beaten one of the biggest opponents.
Speaker 2: Strike three called and Devers goes down. Look in six strikeouts for Kershaw, that one killing on a fastball. Kersshaw wanting to handle the baseball. Dave says, no, you keep it. They are hugging on the.
Speaker 1: Side of the mound.
Speaker 2: Kershaw walks off the mound as a starter in the regular season for.
Speaker 1: The final time.
Speaker 7: Everybody on their feet at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: Kershaw waving to the crowd, waiting to his family, taking their signal, hug hugging his family, going at kiss now toffing his cap to the entire crowd.
Speaker 3: Clayton Kershaw strikes out of Raffyol Dever's in the fifth inn last September. Kershaw would exit the game after that strikeout. Four to third innings, two runs, four hits, six punch outs in his last regular season start at Dodger Stadium. It'safie magical moment brought to by Hofey Hot Dogs, So Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 5: Hoffey hot Dogs local and so great.
Speaker 3: When we continue here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck will here for Rick Monday don't forget. We're gonna hear for the manager Dave Roberts coming up at about ten minutes. It's all leading up to Dodgers and Giants on this Monday night. I'm Tim Katson, the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season Law.
Speaker 3: Leaning up to Dodgers and Giants on this beautiful, warm Monday night here in southern California. Rookie Sazaki, Trevor McDonald the bitching matchup. First pitch coming up at seven ten time. Now for the Verizon startup, as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now at Verizon you can lock in your low price for three years.
Speaker 5: So you can save big. Visit your so Cal for Rice in store today.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basseying. Here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 6: Rick, we saw a rare site earlier this afternoon. Well, bat there were two yesterday, but sho Hel Tani taking batting practice and he looked good.
Speaker 13: At five o'clock, Rick, Let's see what happens tonight.
Speaker 9: Well, you know, I think you have to approach it from a standpoint. Is it from a hitter's You're only one a bat away from starting the longest hitting streak of your career, and that's from a positive standpoint. That's what you have to have, and the Dodgers need to get that into gear, not just with Sho Heo Tani but everybody else. And welcome back to Mookie Bench, who missed thirty two games with the of the oblique issue. So he's in there, so I work out earlier today, bad shortstop.
Speaker 7: He's raring to go.
Speaker 9: The Dodgers are happy to have him in the lineup, and so on Kim. He is going to be at Sanca Bay's as they made room in that rock, as Vince gets activated. Alex Freeland, who I think from his own admission we say he'd like to have gotten off to a better start, doesn't mean he's not going to be back soon. We'll find out what's happening. So it opens up the door for huss On Kim to maybe say, hey, look I'm going to play second base for a number of days now I have a chance to do that, especially against right handed pitching. So it's an opportunity for him.
Speaker 6: You know, I pushed the limits with players all the time, Rick, So when I.
Speaker 9: Saw you push the limits with just about everyone, David.
Speaker 13: Well, that did not stop with Kim. I said, hey, Kim, you're still here. Congratulations.
Speaker 7: What was his reaction?
Speaker 13: He laughed and walk right by me. It was a courtesy laughed.
Speaker 9: I thought he was going to try to tell you. So I don't understand what you're saying in English, and sometimes you have to bury your head to say and to be able to do that. But the Dodgers, they've been challenged offensively of recent times. In fact, the last three games they've scored total just seven runs thirteen hits totals. On that end of it. One good thing the last couple of games, especially in that series against Atlanta, although they lost two out of three, they did not hit into a very large boatload of ground bowl double plays. You know, they had gone what was it, twelve double plays within eight games prior to the series against the Atlanta Breys took them out of two many innings.
Speaker 6: And Rick, when you talk about o'tawni, he's kind of shielding the fact that there are a few other Dodgers that are in a slump. And when you say double play, I think about Kyle Tucker, who's hitting the ball on the ground a lot more than I anticipated.
Speaker 9: My percentage high percentage of hitting the ball on the ground. My question is pitch selection. You know we're playing a club tonight. The San Francisco Giants, by their own emission, have not had a lot of pitches for a battle. They swing early, they swing often, and to this point it has not paid off. But we'll find out what happens in tonight's ball game. And for ro Kyo Sasaki, I think he just needs to challenge hitters. I watched him very closely, including today, and I brought this up to you when he was warming up in the outfield. He's very precise about good delivery, very precise about the mechanics. Well, if you're still having to think about the mechanics as you're throwing the baseball, it really takes away overall on your at least I think, in the effectiveness. And I think you've got to put the mechanics to the sign, go with what feels good right now, and challenge hitters. He went six in he's the last outing, but there's still room for improvement in there. As far as command of the strike zone, he did not throw a high percentage of strikes, nor has he in the last seven starts that he's been on the mound.
Speaker 6: Well, there's proof that baseball's a universal language because Japanese media relayed to me Rick that Roki Sasaki partaged in a short documentary and he says he feels like he's thinking too much when he's pitching. He said, it's like trying to relearn how to use chopsticks, and when you're thinking about how to use them and play them perfectly, you don't know how to use them correctly.
Speaker 9: You're not free and easy. It's very similar. And I don't know if it was Yogi Bear at the center or not. You can't think and hit at the same time. I can't think about him, and I talk about this with hitters. I can't worry about well, my right shoulder, my hips, my knee, where's my weight transfer?
Speaker 7: I can't do all of that. Well, the pitch is on his way.
Speaker 9: You've got to work on it to where it becomes secondary and no longer is a thought process. I don't think he's there yet. Hopefully, he's made strides for his last start.
Speaker 6: Well, that's how I try to live life, Rick, I don't try to think too much.
Speaker 7: Yes, get us evident.
Speaker 13: We'll send it back to you at the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, guys.
Speaker 3: Dodgers Baseball's present of my Uniclow field at Dodgers Stadium is a Uniclow dot com slash us coming up here, all Morongo because you know, Dodgers on hung deck before first pitch, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Rookie Sasaki getting loose the left field before he gets into the bullpen to get even more warmed up. Charlie and Rick love the keys of the game. But up next we go high and tie with the manager himself, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 5: Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 3: Dodgers and Giants coming up in seven ten.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim kas is the back.
Speaker 3: To back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tick on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and Giants on this Monday night, the first of four. Rookie Sasaki, Trevor McDonald, the Bitch, A matchup, First Bitch coming up at seven ten. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Barler, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night and Shaky's Dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 5: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: It's time for the managers meeting with the man that has won three World Series championships at the helm of the Dodgers, and that is the one and only Dave Roberts.
Speaker 13: Dave, thanks a lot for the time. Great to be on the field with you.
Speaker 14: No, this is great. This is our our kickoff conversation interview. So this is gonna be fun. So I'm looking forward to this, Dave, just being able to talk Dodgers baseball.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you know so much has been talked about, and you've talked so much about the dissection of the World Series in Game seven, but again today at two o'clock, you had the same key players, Miguel Rojas, Mookie Betts, Freddie Freeman all out here doing infield work and the infield was in and people want to know how to plays like Game six and Game seven happen. But it starts in April, it starts in March and continues through the summer.
Speaker 14: It does. And that's one of the things that I'm really really proud of with our guys. And I think that, yeah, you look at a Game seven, you look at the play that Mickey made, or the double play that Mookie turned to end the World Series. We do this all year long, and I think for us is that there are certain situations or plays that might not show itself. But you know, even right now we're marred and not playing good baseball, not winning a lot of games. But I think for me, the behind the curtain, under the hood, the work is consistent, and we do PFPS every other week. That's pitchers fielding practice. We practice infield in every single day. Outfielders are throwing to the basis a couple times a week, so all this stuff happens every day. And then with the talent that we have, those are the bets that we're going to win more than we lose.
Speaker 6: How do you look at it as the manager always wanting more, never satisfied, You're in first place, and your offense still hasn't even scratched the surface of what it should be.
Speaker 14: I think if you look at you know, listen to me and people that do know me, I'm really big on the process, and I think for me is I would I just want to see, you know, better quality at bets, swinging to strikes, taking balls, you know, taking walks when they're given to us, run the bas as well, play good defense. And we've gotten a lot of good pitching. And for me, if those things and the work before the games are kind of in check, I'll bet on the results on the back end. So I really don't fret over results. And I understand fans you live and die by every win, and I get that, but baseball is a marathon of a season, and we just got to continue to plug away. And like I said, we've gone through this every single year and we're looking at winning three in a row. So it happens everything.
Speaker 6: When you look at yesterday's game, we saw something that you don't see that we haven't seen if you've been in Los Angeles since nineteen eighty six, A pitcher going into the ninth and and coming close to a complete game, even though.
Speaker 13: The score was on the other side.
Speaker 6: How impressive was it to have Robleski do what he did yesterday considering where your bullpen was at.
Speaker 7: It was great.
Speaker 14: And so essentially everyone has had the last two out of four days off, given the off day that we had before the series and yesterday, and we're in the middle of thirteen in a row. And so for a Robo to you know, be in a game that's at of balance at that point in time, but still have enough pitches to continue to go out there and ultimately have a chance to finish the game, which he was one out away from doing. That was a big relief for our pen and that's going to help us when you know the you know games going forward in this stretch that we're in. So it is a little old school, and I give Robo a lot of credit. He's done a lot of good things for us. Six shutout, seven innings and this time eight plus, so he's been a huge additive to our pitching staff.
Speaker 6: That's the voice of the manager, Dave Roberts before first pitch, Dodgers and Giants opening up a four game series here at Dodgers Stadium, and when you look at this stretch of seven games, Day four against the Giants who are having a lot of issues. The Angels are having a lot of issues. Do you circle a number? Do you have a number of wins that you want this week going into San Diego?
Speaker 7: You know I don't.
Speaker 14: I will say this is the Giants beat us up in the Bay two out of three, and so we've got some payback that we got to kind of redeem ourselves. So I expect to win the series, but it starts by winning tonight, and then the Angels for some reason, they've had our number, and so you know, we got to find a way to beat those guys. And obviously every year is different, and I think for me, Dave is just I just want to play good ball, and it's not not perfect baseball, but you know, in all the different facets of the game, go out there compete. I'm excited to get Mooki back in the lineup. So that's kind of some infusion of some newness to our ball club, which we're all excited about. But again, small play good baseball and we'll win our fair share games.
Speaker 13: You have Mookie Bets hitting second tonight.
Speaker 6: It's the same three that led you to the World series last year, Otani Mookie, Freddy, do you feel like that trio is going to help get things going again?
Speaker 13: I do.
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 14: I think that. You know, you look at the one, two, three, It certainly looks good on paper, But now I think we got to get show Hey swinging the bat the way he's capable of, which I think will turn. Obviously, Freddie, I think he's shown some signs of breaking out of it, but he's always given you a good at bet every time he steps in the box. And then obviously MOOKI behind him, and I think or moves Freddie behind Muki, And I think for me it was just a way to, you know, break up those two lefties at the top. And I think for me today I have Tucker in the four. I just felt that giving our lefties four out of five of the first five hitters a good crack at this starter today. So today is more of the mindset up beat that starter today.
Speaker 6: Is it fair to say, pahez A Munsei, I've been your two best players so far?
Speaker 11: It is? It is?
Speaker 14: I think that, And you're talking about in totality obviously taking putting, taking show Hey off the table as far as pitching and hitting. But as far as what Andy has done in centerfield and how he's been so good offensively, he's been a very very good player. And I think with Max, what he's done in the box, what he's done at third base, he's been a very good player. So I think to your question, yeah, they've been our two best players all right.
Speaker 6: Before I let Dave Roberts go tomorrow, ice Cube is throwing out the first pitch. The bobblehead with him and the low Rider like at the parade, is going to be given out tomorrow. And we all know about Dave's dancing moves. We've seen that at the parade. So I know you're an ice Cube NWA fan. So what do you have in store for tomorrow? What are they expecting out of Dave Roberts tomorrow?
Speaker 14: Well, definitely, I hope the listeners have forgotten my lack of dancing skills. I had an out of body experience on stage a couple of years ago. But I am excited to have ice Cube here, and it's just so cool, you know, for pop culture, you know, and ice Cube is transcended decades of music and he's an icon and og one of the Ogs, and so it is cool to have him, you know, rocking to LA and coming out to Dodge Stadium and having his own bobblehead. But I won't be doing any making it drop, making my three letter word drop, And ain't gonna be doing that tomorrow.
Speaker 6: All right, Dave, thanks a lot for the preview. We appreciate it. And tonight it's a great night to get a.
Speaker 14: Win, all right, Dave, thanks for having me.
Speaker 6: Here is the man the manager, brought to us by Downy Hunday.
Speaker 13: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV. Thank you, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 3: Looking forward to having him on once a week. As we leads up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Giants from the Ravine up next, we'll dive deeper this pitching matchup.
Speaker 5: Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's twenty twenty five Repical World Series Championship Trophy night here at the Ravine.
Speaker 5: Sellout crowd expected for the Dodgers and Giants. What else would you expect? We lead you up to first pitch.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio know, thanks.
Speaker 1: Thanks, This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Giants on this Monday night, as the Dodgers get ready to start a four game series against the San Francisco Giants.
Speaker 5: First pitch coming up, and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup, brought.
Speaker 5: To you by your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 3: Trevor McDonald on the mound for the Giants one to zero with a one twenty nine er Ra, the twenty five year old right hander sinker slider change up mad his ma major league debut in twenty twenty four, pitched again in the big leagues this year. Went up and down between Triple A and the Big leagues the last two plus seasons. Started the year in Triple A.
Speaker 7: This year.
Speaker 3: Called up last week, made a start against the Padres seven innings, one run, two hits, eight strikeouts in a win over San Diego. He was then sent down but recalled yesterday after Logan Web went on.
Speaker 5: The injured list.
Speaker 3: While only a few starts in the big leagues, the Dodgers have actually seen Trevor McDonald. He made his first career start last September twenty first against these same Dodgers, during which he went six scoreless innings. He was removed for the game after issuing a walk two singles to lead off the seventh inning, which allowed a run to score.
Speaker 5: Rookie Sisaki goes for the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: One in three with a five ninety seven erra twenty four year old right hander, second season with the Dodgers, making his seven start this year last time out six innings, three runs, five hits, four strikeouts in a loss to the Cardinals. He is working on extended rest eight days between his last start and tonight. This is his first time facing San Francisco Rookie Sasaki Trevor McDonald. The pitching matchup Dodgers and Giants were fifteen minutes away from first bitch Keys to the game with Rick and Charlie are Nicks. I'm Tim kats is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue All Season law Law.
Speaker 3: It's the Dodgers and the Giants on this Monday Night. Rokie Sasaki Trevor McDonald the pitching matchup on twenty twenty five World Series Replica Trophy Night, sellout crowd here at the Ravine as we get ready for the start of the game with the support start Great Moments. Start with Saporo Beer. Whatever your taste preference to Poro has you covered with a variety of crispin refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer. Saporo, good with sushi, Great with baseball. Before first pitch, we head back over to the booth. The two guys on the call tonight, Charlie Steiner and Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 8: All right, Tim closing in on the first pitch of this four game series with the Giants, the Dodgers, and the Padres tied for first in the National League West, and the Giants are eight games behind the Dodgers and the Padres. Ro Ki Sasaki looking to turn things around personally, and he's going against Trevor McDonald.
Speaker 9: And the thing we're looking at Sasaki. The last outing of the one that was a loss of the Saint Louis Cardinals, he tied a career high going six innings.
Speaker 7: But the numbers are still way up there. And the six starts that he's.
Speaker 9: Made coming in tonight, he has thrown a lot of pitches, but only sixty percent of the pitches that found the striketh zone. That has to work a little bit better, and for Sasaki, if anything else, challenge hitters. That's one of the things that Dave Roberts has talked about, trust your stuff, because he's got the stuff to do it.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 9: The question is can he go and repeat pitch after pitch and not get that overly concentrated As far as the mechanics of delivering the baseball.
Speaker 8: Dodgers and the Giants, of course, are rivalry that goes back to Manhattan and Brooklyn, way back when here at Unico Field in Dodgers Stadium, first of before game series Lineup's in first pitcher, coming up?
Speaker 3: All right, thank you very much, coming up. Dodgers and Giants. Don't forget after the game is over. David Vessid's got you cover with all the postgame festivities including reaction.
Speaker 5: And Dodger talk as well.
Speaker 3: First pitch, next rookie Sasaki on the mound. Dodgers Giants enjoyed everybody.
Speaker 5: I'm Tim Kason's the back
Speaker 3: To back world series Champion Dodgers Audio Network