Speaker 1: It's today Ryan in the Morning show on Katie w B.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Hi, Von, how it's so foggy outside. I've never seen it this fog game Minnesota like ever.
Speaker 1: I know it's weird today, Like I literally my fog lights.
Speaker 3: I could tell we're on, right because I think those just automatically.
Speaker 1: Come on on your guards, right. But at the beach, Yeah, So I'm like sitting there.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, dang, it's kind of eerie and creepy. And then it's supposed to snow later today, Like it's.
Speaker 2: Really going to snow. They've said that, what one, maybe two times this year already, and it was like just the light dustings what they call it.
Speaker 1: I did see WCCO shout out to them.
Speaker 3: I saw them post on Instagram last night at like ten pm, and it was like the average amount of snowfall each area of Minnesota's gonna get and it looks like northern Minnesota is probably gonna actually get hit with quite a bit, but the Twin Cities is like one to three inches still.
Speaker 1: So oh no, I kind of.
Speaker 3: Trust them, yeah, because Daves and Omaha and we're having a little connection issue getting him on and so I just ran like sprinted by butt off.
Speaker 1: To get in here.
Speaker 2: She saw we had like twelve seconds, and she was like, my microphones were on the other side.
Speaker 3: No, I know, like my headphones were over by where I normally sit, and so I sprinted.
Speaker 1: As quick as I could.
Speaker 3: But anyways, it is day Ryan in the morning show, and there was something I was going to call Dave out for, but I can't do.
Speaker 1: It unless he's with us, so we'll skip to that.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you that I have never really dealt with much jet leg before because I haven't traveled like that often outside of the United States.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the time difference is never, no, but it was.
Speaker 3: It's a seven hour time difference from where I just was in Morocco. And I passed out last night and said an hour alarm didn't wake up until nine thirty pm, and I passed out at like five, and I was like, well, this isn't good. I have so much I needed to do. I had like some work to do and other things I needed to do, and then I was like, great, I'm never going to sleep tonight. But then of course I did. I like think I needed a lot of sleep to catch up on after like a week of gallivanting all over.
Speaker 1: But I was shocked when I.
Speaker 3: Woke up and it was nine thirty, but it was also dark by the time I went to sleep, so I think my body was like, it's bedtime.
Speaker 2: It be the worse because you don't regret sleeping like you're catching I'm on sleeping you specifically needed. But then you're just like damn, like my day is gone. Now I had this, this and that to do and now it's gonna push it off tomorrow. I've been telling my girlfriend, I'll listen to this, I've been saying, especially since we're getting into like hibernation season kind of, I'm we're slowly falling into the we'll do it tomorrow, and we can't. We cannot do that, whether it's like folding laundry or going to just like Walmart Target to get something simple, and it's like, we cannot keep doing this because it's so easy to do it, since it's so gloomy and dark and whatever, right, it's so easy to just be like, uh no, well, we'll get to it tomorrow. I mean, me and Alyssa don't have as many like we don't have kids, we don't have as many responsibilities. As the average person. So it's not like we have to do things today.
Speaker 3: Didn't you say, maybe you talked about this last week and I just wasn't here, so I missed it. But didn't you say, you guys decorated for Christmas and you're missing like a ton of your Christmas decorations.
Speaker 2: We were missing just a couple of things. We went back to our storage, which the fact that two twenties something year olds have a storg unit.
Speaker 3: I know that is really funny for me, but like, I know, you moved here from Jersey and front a bunch of stuff, so whatever.
Speaker 2: So we found some of it. But Jenny, when it's Christmas time, I want to walk my apartment and I want snow to fall on me. I want to fart peppermint.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, now you're more of a Christmas battie than like a fall bee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is the fall girl, and I'm definitely like Christmas holiday e And so I told her. I was like, this isn't enough. I'm upset.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: We went to this weekend. We went to at home, We went to like a hobby lobby, we went to a Michaels, and a five below. None of them had like extra things like Christmas things we were looking for. We were looking for stockings, we were looking for a centerpiece for our island.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nothing, really, I don't know if we got to the game lay and looking for.
Speaker 3: Because basically halfway. No, Well, I'm trying to think because I went to a Target. I think I went to Target the day after Halloween. I did, and they had put out all their Christmas stuff. So that was like, what three weeks ago?
Speaker 1: What's the date. Yeah, it was a few weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Already, so you probably did miss the mark. I'm getting all the Christmas stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like it's late though.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like it is late later, Yeah, but I don't feel it's not like it's middle of December and I'm trying to look for Christmas the core.
Speaker 1: No, I fully agree.
Speaker 3: I think that that's kind of what they did with the fall stuff though, too. They like put it all out pretty early, and then by actual fall time when you wanted to decorate, nothing was left.
Speaker 1: So you're like, oh, okay.
Speaker 2: So you decorate your house.
Speaker 3: I haven't gotten to it yet because I didn't want to do it before I left for my trip, and so I'm gonna probably.
Speaker 1: Do it this week.
Speaker 3: I haven't decided if I'm going to be back in Wisconsin for Thanksgiving or not, because truthfully, I'm tired. As I just said, I am very tired from traveling, and I'm not super looking forward to a potential like five hour drive by myself back home. So if I don't go home, I'm definitely spending all of Thanksgiving break decorating because I did go a little crazy last year with buying a ton of Christmas decorations.
Speaker 2: Cool. Wrong girlfriend, And what's that story you told me about Patina?
Speaker 1: Yes, oh my.
Speaker 3: Gosh, I have been dying to go there because I have you gone?
Speaker 2: I went there? What's last year when you told.
Speaker 3: Okay, you should go there and you will find things that you're looking for.
Speaker 1: I promise you'll find things.
Speaker 2: The one in Golden Valley, it's what is it just like a It's not a Christmas store, is It is.
Speaker 3: Like a little boutique store that has tons of different like kind of gifts and decor and cute little trinkets and stuff, And it's just it's so fun.
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding you.
Speaker 3: It's one of those stores that I have spent like an hour and an hour and a half in And it's a small store. It is not apertment store, it is not a target. It is like a small little boutique store.
Speaker 2: But they have like nice little like niche to trinkets and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, all right, Well we're gonna get connected with Dave here in just a second, so he'll be on in just a minute. But coming up, we'll get to you can't make this stuff up. And a lot of people want to ban this at Thanksgiving, and I am shocked because I personally love it and I do not want to banned.
Speaker 1: So we'll cover that next. And you can't make this stuff up?
Speaker 4: Four show. A lot of people don't want to complain about anything on the Thanksgiving table, but they just, you know, I don't know, run out of the room. I don't know, run out of room on their plate if they don't like something. But some people have stronger opinions. But people said, well, what do you want to ban from Thanksgiving? If you could, forty percent said green bean castrole, Yes, get rid of it. No, you off the table. I don't I don't have a problem with it. You're not a big fan of green Bean castrole. No, nothing green. Look, it don't even sound right.
Speaker 1: Do you guys do that?
Speaker 3: Like, because I just think that you guys do a little bit of different food in Jersey. But I think green bean castle is a staple in the Midwest.
Speaker 2: Maybe in the Midwest. Yeah, maybe I'm just not a person. Well you know, I don't even think green period. But yeah, my family, I cannot tell you once. I'd never heard of green bean castle until I move here. Honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know that we had it in Colorado either. I like it. Is it my favorite?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I would if I was going to ban one, I would ban cranberry sauce because every year we get a can of cranberry sauce, or some times the can of cranberries that you pour in a little bowl, and it's like, what is it? What am I gonna put? What am I gonna do with that crap?
Speaker 2: Eat it?
Speaker 4: What I mean?
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 3: I feel like everyone makes some like bougie, fancy cranberry dish and I'm like, give me the can to cranberry.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: I just don't want it to touch any of my other food. That's the one thing that I'm like, I can't want to touch anything else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my daughter Beth is that she can't have food touch each other on the plate either. She just will not do that. Cranberry sauce. Not really into that one. And then the next answer was sixteen percent said sweet potatoes or yams. But I have one other piece of Thanksgiving advice. You can ruin Thanksgiving by refusing to take home leftover. So, Jenny, you're over at your mom's house for Thanksgiving. Yeah, and she's packing up some gladware and some zip blocks with leftover dinner rolls, and she's got some slices at turkey, and she's got a little glad bowl full of stuffing and mashed potatoes. And she's like, I made a little bag for you. You're supposed to take it. Shut your mouth, take it if you don't want it, throw it away when you get home. But don't start an argument or hurt feeling because they don't want They already made dinner for you. They had you come over tracking your dirty feet through their carpet. Now they get a zero rent to their carpet. The least you can do is take some leftovers off their hands, take home half of the pumpkin pie. You don't even like pumpkin pie. Take it home anyway, don't make an argument about it.
Speaker 1: I have no problem with this. I have no problem with this.
Speaker 3: I definitely have taken home things that I haven't exactly loved before. But I'm also the person who brought tupperware to Dave's Super Bowl party a few years ago so that I could bring leftovers home, like I brought my own personal tupperware.
Speaker 1: That's so interesting that person.
Speaker 2: Because I feel like sometimes if you take tupperware, it's like not rude, but kind of like damn. So you just assume you were just gonna come bring this plate home, this plate home, I g fifty fifty, that's rude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's well. I remember when Ginny came over. She started before we even ate, she was going through with her freaking tupperware. Yeah, maybe that's freaking wings slights.
Speaker 2: Wants to bring home are shutting entire prepared?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Okay, a couple of tips. It's just a couple of tips for you. Here's something that I heard on the radio this morning. I'm in Omaha right now. We're on already Colorado for Thanksgiving. We didn't want to drive it all the way through. So we stopped in Omaha and listened to the local radio station on the way in, and the guy says, it is a month away from Christmas. I'm like, oh, so true. It is one one month. Today is November twenty fifth. We are one month away from Christmas. It's crazy. It is everything that you got to do between now and then has got to be done in the next four weeks.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I haven't already. I haven't started anything. So here we are not even remotely ready.
Speaker 4: We We've got the decorations up. We got one tree up. We usually put one tree in the big room. You ever buy on of those lighted pre lighted trees, Yeah, sort it up and you plug it in, and then it's oh, it's no strings of lights to put and I will guarantee you within a year or to it won't work anymore.
Speaker 1: What's okay?
Speaker 5: Mine?
Speaker 4: We have strings of Yeah?
Speaker 3: Mine lasted like six years until it finally crapped out, I think last year, and so I just strung my own, like spare lights around it.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's nothing that I hate what we did. Yeah, then either putting lights around a tree that doesn't have them, or having to spread the branches out. I don't know why. It's just two of the most like annoying things. I'll do the fun part. I'll decorate it.
Speaker 4: Christmas is so annoying. God, No, we love it all right. It's katw B. What do you want to hear on the sing along song of the day? It is something we do every morning. We'd love to hear. Oh, here's the problem. Our texting doesn't work. GHEs.
Speaker 3: Okay, we sound like a bunch of just millennials.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have phones.
Speaker 4: You can call on you know what you can or better idea, use the talk back feature. That way, you don't have to call it. Just open up your phone the iHeart app, use the talk back feature that read micone and say I would love to hear Backstreet Boys. I want it that way, or I want to hear whatever it is you want to hear is the sing along song of the day. And then give us your name and you're like where are you're from? Like, hey, it's Gwenn, i'ming from Little Canada. And then we'll try to play your sing along song of the day. We'll pick one at random and we'll do that next because texting is not working today. So if you text us and you don't get a response, we didn't even see it. Yeah. I don't think we paid our bill for texting this this month, so texting will not work probably until Monday. It's like it's like taking a phone away from a thirteen year old.
Speaker 2: Ye who are we gonna do?
Speaker 4: We use the talkback feature and Texas or Texas use the talkback feature and let us know. We'll play these sing along song of the morning coming up next with your help on kd WB. Looking for a sing along song of the day suggestion. Lexi is on the phone. Good morning, Lexi, Good morning. What are you up to this morning? Lexi? Talk to me and tell me what you're doing and what do you want to hear?
Speaker 1: I am on my way to the last day of school before break. I chief middle school? Nice, excited? That's fun?
Speaker 2: Amen? Yes, I would like.
Speaker 4: To hear one Last Only Girl by Justin Bieber. Oh my god, great song. Let's do it. Thank you, LEXI, enjoy your last day. Thanks for doing what you do.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Bye bye Odd.
Speaker 4: It's one on one point three Katie. Dave Sturdy is brought to you by six one two injured Heimer and Lammer's injury lawn. And we're going to get to a story in a second here about a celebrity that says they only had one drink but they were hauled out of a bar in Chicago on a stretcher. And we're going to talk about that in a second, But first I want to mention text messaging is down this morning for whatever reason. It's not working. But I got a backup cause you know I've always got.
Speaker 1: To Please get back up.
Speaker 4: You can dm us anytime Dave Ryan Show. So have you got a birthday shout out or you got a request, or you want to complain about Vaunt or Happy or whatever, or say where's Bailey? The show's not any good without Bailey. Number one, screw you right, number two. Dm us, It's easy. Just dm us on the old Graham Dave Ryan Show and we'll check those. We'll get that to you if we can. So let's get to the story about this big celebrity and the stretcher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Tara Reid.
Speaker 3: I saw this video of her yesterday and it was like tera Ree claims that she was drugged, blah blah blah blah, And I see this video, and she's getting put into a wheelchair and she is slouching out of it like she looks really bad, like not even remotely, like she's too intoxicated and can't control herself, like she genuinely looks like she is drug and so here she is talking about it.
Speaker 5: So I got to the hotel, I checked in, and then I went downstairs to have a drink and have a cigarette. And I got my drink, I left down the bar and I went outside smoked a cigarette, and then I went back to the bar and my drink was covered up with a napkin, and I thought that was weird because I didn't put that over my drink. And then I drank my drink and without even like finishing my drink, I just like passed out. Before I knew it, I was in the hospital. Then I woke up eight hours later. So this isn't the I think that everyone should really be aware about, you know, watching their drinks like watch watch because I don't know what that stuff was, but whatever it is, it knocked me out. I mean, I only to drink of wine, so I don't drink hard liquor or anything like that at all, you know, So I just had a glass of wine and a cigarette and that was it. I didn't expect that to happen at all.
Speaker 3: I also saw the clip of her doing that interview, and I'm not gonna lie. She does look like a mess in it, Like, she doesn't look like she's not her life together, right.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a mess. Yeah, it really does sound like a mess too.
Speaker 1: Yeah she does.
Speaker 3: But I'm telling you that video of her though, she just does not look like she's with it. I mean, if she's lying about only having like a drink, not drinking hard liquor like, then there's that. But I genuinely feel like if you've ever seen someone be drug before, that's what they would look like.
Speaker 1: And it is scary.
Speaker 4: That's totally Yeah. I was gonna say, Vonn, I mean, she sounds like a mess, and I wouldn't be surprised if somebody did put something in her drink. But I also, I mean, it's Tara Reid. Is she might have liked, you know, been on drugs before she even went into the bar. But what you're saying is she doesn't look drunk. She looks drug. Yes, like we've seen we've seen drunk people. This is not a drunk person, No, not at all.
Speaker 3: I mean, like she had no mobility in her limbs, like they were just like they're like gumby.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was weird and like I've definitely seen drunk people before who have been way too intoxicated. I went to college. I've seen that, but like this was a different level. And so sure, could there have been some kind of a concoction of drugs mixed with a couple glasses of wine? Maybe, But I don't know. I just I hope she got tested for being drugged at the hospital because I genuinely do feel like she.
Speaker 1: Looks like she was drugged, right.
Speaker 4: But my question is is it's always like why do you want to drug somebody to put them in that condition? I mean, you're obviously, I mean the supposition is that you're going to drug somebody to, you know, to for sexual assault, to be honest with you, but you're, what are you gonna, like, Tara Reid's there with her entourage and you want a Tara Reid that you're gonna, like, what sneak back to your apartment? And she can't even sit up in a wheelchair. So I don't know if they do it for a thrill. I don't know if they do it because it's Tara Reid. I don't know if she was on because Tara Reid has not had the best history of, like, you know, resisting substance problems.
Speaker 3: No, she's definitely been known as a party girl, especially like probably the sins are like American pie eron right, that's what she was big. I couldn't remember for a second. But anyways, I don't know. Hopefully they get it figured out, and I feel bad if she was drugged, if that was the case.
Speaker 2: Last night I watched that Ed Sheeran special. It was so good. Hey, you need to watch it, Jenny, you need to watch it. And you listening, you need to watch it. It's on Netflix. It's called One Shot with This Year, And if you haven't seen or heard of it, it's him. It starts. The whole thing is one shot. They do it in one take. He's in Hammerstein Ballroom, which is like a venue in New York City, and he's rehearsing for a show. Then he leaves and he goes to help somebody propose to their partner, and then he goes to a birthday party. All these things and he's performing songs. He's like walking into a goes into a cab and whatever. It's really really cool and I watched They also have if you finish it, an eleven minute behind the scenes showing like the camera crew and how they get the cameras in the taxi and how the camera goes from like a drone on the top of a like the dial rooftop dining or whatever, back down to the ground of New York City. It is so cool.
Speaker 4: That is I really want to see that. That does sound cool. Shout out to fifth birthday he has. Shout out to Savius Sam. I'm not sure how I say it, but Aunt Nana loves you, so happy fifth birthday. What celebrities give you the ick? Here's a story of celebrities that give us the ick. Number one Katie Perry. This person says he was so she was so disingenuous on Idle, her over the talk and her over the top antics and general pick me energy are too much. Chris Pratt, his tweets are so embarrassing. Jared Leto. He just seems so creepy and skeezy. Everything about him screams worship me for I am the God of that thing. Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively together they are icky. Yeah, now this one is gonna be a little controversial, but I don't care. I didn't write this list. Taylor Swift. I know you're gonna say to say it, it's not mine, it's somebody else said. I know, we're not supposed to say it, but everything about her feels so fake to me. I kind of get a little bit of that too, but I will only say it works. So if it is fakeish, And I think every celebrity, what is it Shakespeare that said all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players, And so Taylor puts on this, does it Shakespeare that said that?
Speaker 2: I think that's a rough song. Yeah, it's a rough song from nineteen eighty one.
Speaker 4: David Oh, Okay, I think I think that Rush got it from Shakespeare. I'm just saying anyway. I think that Taylor puts on like we all put on. If you go to your grandma's house and you normally you like do a lot of pull my finger into awful offensive jokes and things like that, you clean it up for grandma, just like Taylor Swift. She probably does the whole pull my finger Travis bit all the time. But she seems very charming when she's on stage and when she's on you know, like being interviewed or whatever. Another one, that celebrity that gives you the ick. Justin Timberlake, the Dui, the ruined tour, the tiny moose knuckle, It's all too much. Okay, I didn't know he had a tiny moose knuckle, but apparently he does. Alec Baldwin has repeated feudal attempts to make his wife famous or cringe, they need to stop and go away already. Another one, Drake starting beef and lowering up when his ass gets handed to him. Just take the l man. Another one, Gwyneth Paltrow, Candle sent need I say more? And finally celebrities to give you the yick. Benson Boone gets that dang mustache and half unbuttoned shirt.
Speaker 3: Oh dang, I don't know. I would say that that list is pretty accurate for me. I would take Taylor Swift off, she doesn't give me the act, and I would probably take Benson Boone off.
Speaker 1: But everyone else on that yeah, I'd probably say, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised that Ariana Grande isn't on the list, and that what's the girl from the Justin baldonything? What's her name?
Speaker 1: That's plack Lively.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, Ariana Granda. I'm surprised she didn't make the list.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, good point.
Speaker 3: Really, Sabrina Carpenter didn't make the list because she is killing it right now. And she just ended her final show of her tour with arresting the One and.
Speaker 1: Only Miss Piggy. Here's ma Adio. Are you enjoying the show? The show?
Speaker 3: So apparently a lot of a listeners were at her final show. Paul McCartney was backstage with Sabrina. That's your guy, Dave and then Paul McCartney, Yeah, it is so cool.
Speaker 4: I just love him. Did I'd be so nervous that I was Sabrina Carpenter knowing that a freaking Beatle was watching right.
Speaker 2: She sang with him at the Saturday Night Live fiftieth anniversary special. So I don't know if they're friends, but like they have a rapport.
Speaker 3: Well, it says that he posted on his Instagram and he called her LA concert the best show.
Speaker 1: Ever, so he's a big fan of Sabrina. And then uh yeah, miss Piggy.
Speaker 3: She got arrested at her final show on her tour.
Speaker 2: So things like the Paul McCartney thing is why I think Sabrina Carpenter is a phenomenal, phenomenal pop star. If you don't buckle under she doesn't buckle under pressure. If she does, she has a good time, a good way of not showing it. And j Loo we heard about her not not wanting to perform at Bruno Mars's performances before or charging a big fee. Now she charged somebody two million dollars to perform at their wedding and she did it. She performed all her biggest hits, She had background dancers, several costume changes. It was some big farmer billionaire. So it was like a drop in the bucket two million dollars, big whoop. But I never thought Jayla was a good performer ever.
Speaker 1: Oh i've seen her in concert.
Speaker 4: I kin't of agree.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I've seen her in concert. She's great.
Speaker 2: Well, let me not say a good performer. I just don't think Jaylo like, I'm not dying to go see Jayla perform. Her songs are like okay, cool, that's on the radio, or it's on and when she's performing lives just like, Okay, she's there.
Speaker 1: Jenny from the Block is phenomenal.
Speaker 4: Okay, song is garbage, but let's face it, her song was, her music was garbage. First time I saw Jlo sing was on The Letterman showing about I don't know, nineteen twenty one or something like that, and I'm like, she can't sing. She was great in like I think she was a fly girl on a Living Color or whatever it was. And but then all of a sudden she's singing him like she's saying live on the Letterman show. And it's like, ooh, that's not sounding good. But she's just one of those likable celebrities that she doesn't have to be perfect. We just kind of like her.
Speaker 2: I'm also surprised Jaylo wasn't on that ick list. Jaylo kind of gives me the ick a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, actually, what other celebrities give you the ick? We should? We should? Maybe you explore this a little bit deeper, because that was kind of funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, write it down, Jim, all right, I'll get it down. I'll get it down for you. Here, got it down.
Speaker 4: And finally, Scarlett Johansson's going to start in. A new Exorcist movie is being touted as a fresh, bold take on the franchise. It's not a remake or a sequel, but it'll supposedly take place in the same universe. If you're old enough to remember, the Exorcist was the first movie that scared and disturbed the world. Really, there was a Psycho before that, but Exorcist when it came out about nineteen seventy four, people would say I'm changed for life after seeing that movie, and a lot of people were afraid to see it. I fortunately was too young to go see it, but my friends went to see it, and it was like scary and disturbing, and now it kind of pales, I mean next to movies like The Ring and The Conjuring, Exorcist is kind of like young But it's still a classic, so they can do some sort of a reboot. See that Dirt brought you by six one two injured Heimer, Lamber's injury long.
Speaker 3: Jenny Oh, I was just gonna say that movie was the first movie that ever scared the crap out of me and basically scarred me from movies for life. And I'll never forget my dad told me he took a lady to that movie and she never went on a date with him.
Speaker 1: Again after that.
Speaker 4: Do it? I get it all right? That is the dirt for now on Katie WB. I think we're gonna slip into Jenny's been redded. We have time for Jenny right now. Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 3: I love getting into some like industry secret stuff because there's always a thread on Reddit every once in a while. But this is a secret from your job that there's saying that we should know.
Speaker 1: So first off, for those.
Speaker 3: Of you out there who have eyeglasses, apparently the mark upon eyeglass frames are two hundred and fifty to three hundred percent.
Speaker 1: That's the industry standard. So you're paid moreculous than you think, all right.
Speaker 3: Another common practice in the pharma industry is to pay daily fines instead of following the law. Fines cap out way below the cost to fix some stuff, so they literally budget for an extra one hundred thousand dollars per day knowing that they're going to get fined instead of following the law, which is kind of scary. Another one is this person said that they're a flight attendant and a flight if a flight is oversold, and they discuss having a bump you to a later flight. You're entitled to at least four times, or it says two four times the amount of your ticket, not a travel voucher, an actual check, so keep.
Speaker 1: That in mind next time. Yes, but you know what.
Speaker 4: I never did. When they say, hey, does anybody want to get off the plane take a lay your flight, I'm always like, it ain't gonna be me. I mean, I guess I maybe would if I was in no hurry yeah, or didn't want to get home, or Susan said don't come home, or I never want to see you again, or I'm calling Jonathan Fogel or whatever she might say that particular time. But I'm never going to be like, yeah, no, I'm not going to give up my seat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel the same way too.
Speaker 3: It's always tempting because you're like, oh sweet, I could get so much credit because you hear them like putting the credit up and up and up when nobody's taking the offer.
Speaker 1: But most of the.
Speaker 3: Time, you have your flight for a specific date because you took vacation days and you can't really adjust that, so you're like, well, never mind, all right.
Speaker 1: Another one as many country clubs buy cheap food and pass.
Speaker 3: The office something premium.
Speaker 1: Man, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: Cremation earns are also marked up up to three hundred percent at funeral homes, so you can buy your own for a fraction of the costs and it's coming from the same place.
Speaker 2: I get it. But they're a business, Like, I'm grieving right now, so I'm vulnerable to just pay whatever so I can have somebody, whoever passed can have the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's exactly right, Bond. A friend of mine worked in the funeral business, and he said that their job was to basically, I'm going to use the word prey p r e y prey on people because they're grieving and it's like, oh my god, Aunt Martha died. We want to give her. Well, you don't want to give Aunt Martha the cheap casket. This is the one that's got Wi Fi. So the oh you want to get Wi Fi for Aunt Martha? Yeah, as you, well, you want to get that one. Well, you want to get the earned that has a beer tap on the side. Was that available? Yeah, William mant Martha, she wants a beers. There's a beer tap on the side. Oh, well, so they upgrade because they you're grieving and it's like you want you know, you're so vulnerable. And I'm going to guess not all funeral services are like that, but I'm going to guess a lot of them are, because that's what my friend said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, one last one quick and then we'll go to break. But this one says, I'm a court reporter, so these are secrets about your job?
Speaker 1: Did you know this, Dave?
Speaker 3: That apparently they use a different keyboard called the stet O my machine that costs like five grand.
Speaker 1: I did not know that. So they don't type like ABCD whatever.
Speaker 3: They're literally typing like in just a different language that's translated on a software.
Speaker 4: You're shorthand it's illegal movie. It's like it's much skinnier and it's just like it's words. I have no idea how it works, but it's a whole different typing.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: They can keep up so with everything that's going on.
Speaker 3: Like they have an example it says, if someone says, okay, as you sit here today, you don't remember what you said, and the first thing says that they would type stkp w h R OBG and that will type out like as you sit here today and then like it so like it's just a bunch of letters that then has translated, so you learn something new today because I did not know that one.
Speaker 1: So there you go. Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll be back in the second on Katie. But we want to touch somebody who's they had kind of a special experience with Sabrina Carpenter and we walked to them coming up at his third Tuesday. It's War of the Roses day. Have a new War of the Roses at seven twenty. If you've never heard War of the Roses, that's kind of our that's that's one of the big things that we're known for is we call somebody who we think might be cheating on their partner and offer to send roses to whoever they want to send roses to. And they always they always fall for the trap, and they're always like, both, I'm going to send it to the wrong person, and then we bust them on the radio. It's called War of the Roses and we got a brand new one coming up in a little bit. Our text computer is not working today, so I don't know why it's not working, but it's not. So if you send us a text, we're not getting it. So don't send a text today. If you want to reach us for anything, a DM Dave Ryan Show, Just send us a DM and we'll, you know, get birthday shout outs and whatever off of their So just send a DM to Dave Ryan Show and we'll be right back on KD double ub