Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can.
Speaker 3: They print money, the Dodgers discut it's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the World champion La Dodgers, Damn Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck live from Van's Headquarters and coast of Mesa, California. On this Friday, August the seventh. You're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers on the road in Arizona as they continue this six game road trip after getting swept in Chicago a day off yesterday, the Dodgers, now losers of six in a row, are in the desert for a three game series against the Diamondbacks. Dodgers eight and a half games up in the division going into action tonight. Roki Sasaki on the mound in this series opener, first pitch from Chase Field is coming up at six point forty between then and now. We got a lot to get to here on Morago Casino Dodgers on Deck. We're gonna check in with Kirsten Watson from Sports in La in just a couple of minutes.
Speaker 4: David Vase checks in. Of course.
Speaker 6: Throughout the hour, he'll go one on one with Hunter Producia Dodger Catcher. We'll also get the latest Dodger injury news. Is Blake Snell. We have a date on when he will return into the Dodgers rotation. Shortly, we'll check in with Tim Nevererd and Rick Monday out the gallpin Ford Broadcast booth. Well, the Dodgers were last in action on Wednesday in Chicago.
Speaker 4: They jumped out to.
Speaker 6: The early lead thanks to a solo home run to lead off the game from show Hey o'tani. So the Dodgers one batter into the game had a one nothing lead. Eric Lower got the start on the mound for the Dodgers, and it's just as quick as they took the lead, Lour gave it.
Speaker 2: Up facing pro Armstrong, a two eighty four hitter from the left side. He swings and drives it deep in the air to center field and with one pitch.
Speaker 1: This game is tied.
Speaker 2: Home run number twenty five for Pete Crow Armstrong and it is one to one and.
Speaker 7: Both leadoff hitters flexing the muscles.
Speaker 6: PCA with the leadoff home run in the bottom of the first, Cubs answered right back, tying the game. Eric Lower's troubles were just getting started. In the second danceby Swanson RBI double, Cubs a two to one lead. Two batters later, PCA with a RBI double Dodgers at three one deficit, and the fourth Cubs at it again. Pete crow Armstrong a two run home run off the scoreboard in right field.
Speaker 4: Cubs had a five to one lead.
Speaker 6: Two batters later, Alex Bregman RBI single to left Cubs with three runs in the inning and take a six to one lead our Eric Lawer's day was done. Four inning, six runs, eleven hits. Fast forward to the seventh, the Cubs tacked on another run, extending their lead to seven to one on a Nico Horner RBI double into the Ivy. Dodgers down but not completely out. In the eighth, a spark of life from the offense. Tucker and Betts with back to back singles with one out that brought up Max Munsey.
Speaker 2: Won one pitch, Max swings hits a high drive, deep bright field, way back, it.
Speaker 8: Goes hit as gone, a three run home run.
Speaker 2: Maxwell swinging the solver hammer in the Windy City home run number twenty two and the Dodgers cut the lead is seven to four.
Speaker 7: Well, they've been waiting for a big opportunity in a big blast. Kerns still has some outs to work with, and at least they have closed the gap a bit and for months. He got every bit of it.
Speaker 6: Three run home run for Max Mounsey, twenty second of the season, Dodgers down seven to four. Later in the inning, show Hey Otani ad two run blast, his second of the game.
Speaker 4: Dodgers with five.
Speaker 6: Runs in the eighth, and he made it a game down only seven to six. Unfortunately, that's as close as they would get. Cubs hang on for the win. Dodgers lose all three games at Wrigley. They fall to sixty nine and forty six on this season. They have now dropped six in a row. After a day off yesterday, Dodgers back at it in Arizona for a weekend set against the Diamondbacks. Rokie Sasaki on the mount first pitcher and Chase Field. He's coming up at six forty with more. We head out to the Gaup and Ford Broadcast booth on this Friday night as we welcome in Tim Nefverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Roof has closed on a hundred degree day here in Phoenix, Arizona, as the Dodgers take on the Arizona Diamondbacks, first of three here, and the Diamondbacks have closed the lead to eight and a half. They come off a four game series split with San Diego Padres, beating him here last night to keep the distance at eight and a half games, and the Dodgers have lost six straight and have been outscored forty two to twenty two in two series with Boston and the Chicago Cubs. So it's time to start a winning streak here tonight. They'll look to do it behind right hand to Roki Sasaki, who is five and five six ERA and Merril Kelly, who somehow missed the Dodgers since August of twenty four, but the Dodgers have had great success against him. In fact, the Arizona Diamondbacks have lost fifteen of Kelly's seventeen starts against them, Kelly is eight and nine with a five h four ERA. That's the pitching matchup. Dodgers still searching for that seventieth win of the year, sixty nine and forty six. They have lost eight of their last ten. Meantime, the Diamondbacks have won six of the last ten, and they're sixty one and fifty five and both a day off yesterday. It was a day of rest, just kind of taking an informal poll between players and coaches, and they all said they had a good day yesterday. A lot of quiet time, a lot of time to rest, get ready and start a winning streak here tonight.
Speaker 7: Well, let me just make sure that we avoid this guy is falling scenario because I'm gonna start out with some good points. First of all, show heyo, Tonny, a couple of home runs on Wednesday has done. Now you start to look at the last nine games, he's hitting at four to fifty seven. What about Mookie Betz had four hits on Wednesday, swung the bat much much better on top of that inning, So we'll find out how that going again. The third positive point is that Freddy Freeman we discovered after the ballgame on Wednesday. We thought that he took a foul ball off the knob of the bat turned out and also hit his right hand. He had X rays taken after the ballgame. He's taken out of the game in the fifth inning. X rays were negative. And for Freeman, he's in that line up tonight. And for Freddy Freeman, all he's done the last fifteen games has hit a four to sixty six clip. So those are the three strong points. The other part is the Dodgers have to play better baseball.
Speaker 2: Hookie bats had four hits on Wednesday afternoon in Chicago, went four for five. He's had great luck against Merril Kelly.
Speaker 7: A couple of guys have hit well against him on top of it, including Otani's hit four hundred against him, Freeman's hit three thirteen months. He has held his own. I'll say that hitting at four to ten against team as well, we'll talk about the pitching. But for the Dodgers standpoint, I mean you start to look at losing eight out of ten. They've been the eighth best hitting team in that period of time, hitting above the season average through two seventy four in the last ten games home runs, their tenth in the majors in that category within that time frame, the number of hits their ninth. However, if you look at the era, it's almost seven and that's got to change.
Speaker 2: Just a bit of news on pitching Monday, Trek Scoble will start against the Royals back home at Uniclow Field at Dodgers Stadium, and Blake Snell will make the start on Tuesday. Dave Roberts telling us just a few moments ago it's the Dodgers and the Arizona Diamondbacks coming up from Chase Field in downtown Phoenix.
Speaker 3: Ten.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you, Tim, as we tell you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that Gayden Day meal on what you doing for dinner?
Speaker 4: How about Shaky's Pizza Parlor. You can order that Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 6: Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, David vasegoes.
Speaker 4: High and tight with Hunter.
Speaker 6: Producer Dodger Catcher TV checks in throughout the hour, we'll hear the Dodger magical moment. Charlie Steiner will stop by, coming up in about twenty five minutes. Get the latest Dodger injury news up next. So you're a Tania, re Ryan and krue Kirsten to Wahston from sports and at La sous By. It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Friday night. They should being with us. I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks on this Friday night. Rookie Sazanki and Merril Kelly the pitching matchup. We'll dive deepen in the numbers. Coming up in just a little bit. First pitch set for six forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewide play on pitch. Swan not belt at the right field and dap this ball heading back at his car.
Speaker 8: It's a home run for Otani to lead off the ball game one nothing Dodgers, his thirty fourth career lead off home run, his twenty ninth with the Dodgers, is eleventh this season, and he moves past Davy Lopes into second place all time in Dodger history, right behind Rookie Bitts for this twenty ninth for the Dodgers, and Otani swings lifts it deep to left field.
Speaker 1: That ball headed back to.
Speaker 8: The wall and is gone a home run for Otani, his second of a ball game.
Speaker 2: He stops at second thinking it's a double. It went over the basket.
Speaker 4: Now he's told it to home run and he continues his try show.
Speaker 6: Hey O'tani goes three for five, a pair of home runs. Three ribis Otani now hitting two ninety seven on the season, twenty six home runs, seventy RBI Dodgers. Zoh gets swept out of Chicago having not dropped six in a row.
Speaker 1: This is Keirston's corner with kar Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey Carrison now joins us from Chase Field and Arizona. Brought to my cars for kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Just donate it today. Your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donating Now carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with a K. All Right, Kirison, this is Dodgers team. They need to win losers of six in a row. I guess if you could take anything away from that game in Chicago on Wednesday, that eighth inning, maybe something they can build on.
Speaker 9: That's exactly what they can build on. And you know, as much as that was a tough loss and as much as it's been six in a row, there are some positives coming into this one. You mentioned that five run eighth inning. Even when we spoke to the guys after that game, they shared that, you know, that inning showed a lot of fight for the group, and that I think is cute when you have a team that is struggling, or even what Mookie Betts recently said how they guys were just kind of a little bit of a rut right now. When you can build the momentum and make it a one run game and ultimately know they weren't able to pull off the comeback, but they showed a lot of life in that moment, so they can carry on that, and then they come to Arizona where a lot of guys do live here, so they are able to go home have truly a full day reset. You do have to take into consideration. They played Sunday night baseball, then had to take the Red Eye into Chicago, So there were a lot of elements that have gone into this six game losing streak that maybe they won't say, just because they are professionals and they're not going to use fatigue as an excuse, but it's the realities of it. So the hope is they come in today. It's a great day to get a win streak going and to get back on track. And it's clear that you can feel that now, you can feel that in the clubhouse.
Speaker 10: So it's nice.
Speaker 9: And you can have Rochie on the mound, who's in a really good spot and has a confidence to him, a quiet confidence to him at the moment.
Speaker 4: No doubt.
Speaker 6: He's pitched well in his last two couple of starts for the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Hopefully speaking of a building he can build on that this.
Speaker 6: Dodgers team anytime they get to Arizona. That's where the headquarters are there at Camelback Ranch, just about thirty minutes away from Chase Field. So a chance to see some of the guys who aren't around the team every day, right.
Speaker 9: Yeah, exactly. And what's not especially with this trip is we've got a few guys who we're expecting to see soon. So let's start with Blake Snow. We know that he has now officially finished up his rehab assignment, and Dave Roberts confirmed that his next start, or is return to the big league start, is going to be on Tuesday, back at Dodger Stadium, So always good to see him. He was out around the field playing catch and then another guy who we actually hadn't seen before, but I remember at the trade deadline there was an acquisition for Chris Bubich from the Royals. Now he is currently on the IL and so he's been at Cammelback Ranch since coming over from the trade deadline. So this is his first weekend being with the big league group, which is really nice for him just to kind of see everyone and make some connections and kind of get on the same page. But he has shared that not only is he continuing to progress with his rehab, he was able to take it off the mount. He threw his first bullpen on Sundays. Expected to throw another bullpen tomorrow, whether it's here at Chase Field or at CDR. But he's working his way and so he's looking to be a very viable option. He said, it's going to be a short leaf is what the Dodgers are needing from him for either late September come October. But he wants to be a part of it, and we know that he's had a lot of success recently once he's when he's been healthy, so they're hoping to get that version of him back here soon.
Speaker 4: All right, Kirsty, we appreciate it. We will check in with you after the game.
Speaker 6: Still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll hear from David vat day he goes one on one with Dodger catcher Hunter Producia.
Speaker 4: But I'm next. We'll get you an.
Speaker 6: Injury report, and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts Dodgers and Diamondbacks.
Speaker 4: First pitch at six forty.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kass the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as well.
Speaker 4: Lead you up to first pitch on this Friday.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks, Marongo Casino Resort. It's by a Grand Slam for good times. Rookie Susaki on the mount. First pitch coming up sixty's the La Dodgers injury report. Well, the Dodger is starting to get healthy, just at the right time. Presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Dalton rushing on the iel with a slight tear in his UCL you heard the good news. Blake Snell will be activated next week on Tuesday. We'll get the start in his return to the Dodger rotation. Tyler Glasnell a few weeks behind him. Will Smith is doing baseball activity, so that is certainly good news. How about Gavin Stone made in appearance last night in Triple A Oklahoma City. Bobby Miller, Bank cospiraus also pitching in Triple A Oklahoma City. We'll see what their status is for the rest of the season. We head back out to Phoenix and check in with the Dodgers skipper anything Dave do you think?
Speaker 2: Question for Dave?
Speaker 9: Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 11: I think it can be a certainly a good thing, a positive I think just kind of going around the clubhouse today, guys are in good spirits, feeling good and you know a lot of times, yeah, you lose the battle the game and to take something positive out of it. That five run inning was good. A lot of good things happen. So we've seen Merrill Kelly a lot. And these guys are, you know, playing pretty good baseball. So it's gonna be a good series. And they got the best of us, like I said a couple of days ago before the break, so expect to put our best foot forward.
Speaker 9: He's had his own ups and downs this season.
Speaker 1: But what do you like just about the version of to please right now?
Speaker 3: Especially to be the.
Speaker 1: Top or three you guys.
Speaker 11: I think for Rokie it's and I think just kind of how he carries himself. I really feel that that's something that you know, when a player is going well, there's there's an aura of confidence versus when there's when he's not going well, the uncertainty kind of exudes. I even just seeing him today, there's a quiet confidence, a stillness, a slowness, and you know that's translated onto the field.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Recently, Snell's here, Do you have a day when he is going to start next week?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 11: Blake, As I understand it, he is slotted to start on Tuesday. So we're sitting here, Yeah, Scooba will go on Monday. Blake will go on Tuesday.
Speaker 4: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts officially there.
Speaker 6: Blake Snell returns on Tuesday against the Kansas City Royals, and Monday will be the home debut.
Speaker 4: Of Trek Scooble.
Speaker 6: Well, we continue here on Moroco because you know, Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with David Vassay and get you to the very latest as we're leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Diamondbacks from Phoenix. I'm Tim Kas's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 4: As we were saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, is Marongo Casino.
Speaker 3: Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Diamondbacks.
Speaker 6: Rookie Susaki Merril Kelly the pitch Manchi will dive deepener the numbers coming up in just a little bit. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by El Pato, born in La and made for your game day, and Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces, hot sauces right to your plate every single time.
Speaker 4: El Pato Gourmet and a.
Speaker 3: Can joining Tim kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David BASSI.
Speaker 4: All right, DV.
Speaker 6: The Dodger is certainly in a funk right now, having lost six in a row.
Speaker 4: Can they get out of it tonight?
Speaker 5: I think so, And I feel like tonight's the night the Dodger offense wakes up again because it's a favorable matchup going up against Merrill Kelly. He has faced the Dodgers seventeen times in his career. He has never won a game. He's zero and eleven against the Dodgers and his ERA is at five point fifty six. Max Muncy's at the top of the list is Suars, the hitter that the Dodgers having their lineup tonight that has done the most damage against Merrill Kelly. So I feel like tonight is one of those Rick Monday nights, rockets right glair for the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Dam As far as Rokie Susaki moving forward and even in October, where do you kind of envision that role for Roki?
Speaker 4: Is he a starter? Is he a reliever?
Speaker 5: Well, if you look at last year, the Dodgers needed Roki out of necessity to be their closer, and if it wasn't for him, I'm not even sure they get out of the NLDS against the Phillies. But this year, with the way he's pitching, the way he has made an adjustment with his fastball, and the confidence that Dave Roberts was just talking about, he mentioned that he feels he could slot Roki into the bullpen as you know, a multi inning reliever or even if necessary, close out games. So at this point where Roki's at, with the experience that he had last year, Dave Roberts has no hesitation to have Rokie go to the bullpen in the postseason with the number of starters they have. And we'll get back with Glass now coming back, So it seems like that would be his role in October and doesn't seem like Dave Roberts would hesitate to use him in any high leverage situation.
Speaker 6: David is brought to you by Ford Summer Sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year. Go to buy Ford now dot comer You're Southern California Ford Dealer for more information. Ford official vehicle of Major League Baseball, one of the Dodgers acquisitions at the trade deadline.
Speaker 4: Haven't seen him yet. When are we going to see Chris Bubach.
Speaker 5: Dave, Yeah, probably not until September. He's eligible to come off the sixty day IL September. First, he is here in Arizona. He is going to remain in Arizona once the Dodgers closed this series and remain at Camelback Ranch. That's where he's doing the rehabbing for the shoulder, the arm that has placed him on the IL, and also starting to clean up some mechanics as well. You know, just went into that Dodgers pitching lab at Camelback Ranch, and when he does come back, it won't be as a starter. It's going to be as reliever. If he can make it back. We had a chance to catch up with him earlier today.
Speaker 12: You know, I've had experience kind of in every role possible in the big leagues, a little more recently in a high leverage roll back in twenty twenty four when we were in the postseason with Kansas City. But so you know, I'm open to doing that again. But like I said, I think, you know, making sure the volume is kind of where it needs to be over the next few weeks on the build up is going to be really important, and then obviously going on an assignment from there and getting back. So I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. Just make sure you know, things stay recovered day to day and then we'll go from there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so this is the ultimate flyer for the Dodgers. Boo Bache is a free agent at the end of the year, but the Dodgers treated triple A reliever Carlos Durant to the Royals. He was going to be a minor league free agent at the end of the year, so they decided to take a roll of the dice that Boobage could get healthy and maybe help out of the bullpen in the postseason.
Speaker 6: We shall see, David great stuff. Will check back you with you in just a little bit. Still to come here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You are gonna hear from Hunter FORDUSIA. We're checking with Charlie Steiner. We'll break down this pitching matchup. But up next for Dodgers. Magical moment Dodgers and Diamondbacks on.
Speaker 4: This Friday night, first pitch at six forty.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Katsz's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Friday nights eight and a half game separate them in the Division. Rookie Sasaki Merril Kelly the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at six forty.
Speaker 3: Who wants hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Man.
Speaker 1: Presented by Hovey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 6: Well, the Dodgers take it on the Diamondbacks. We'll go back to July second, twenty nineteen. Dodgers were down in the ninth inning, down four to three to the Snakes with two outs, then three straight walks loaded the bases. Matt Beatty drew a fourth straight walk that brought in the tying run. So bottom of the ninth game tied at four Dodgers and Diamondbacks. Two outs, bases loaded for Cody Bellinger on.
Speaker 13: Three and two of the bases loaded TJ McFarlane. The Bellinger inside ball four. The Dodgers take a walk on the wildfire with two in the bottom of the nine without a hit. Five walks, the Dodgers winning five to four.
Speaker 6: How about that five consecutive walks in the bottom of the ninth inning by the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 4: Literally the Dodgers walk off.
Speaker 6: The Snakes back in twenty nineteen, a five to four final. This hafe magical moment brought to you by Hofey Hot Talks Haffy Soakow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey Hot Talks Local and so great. Won't we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We will check in with Charlie Steiner we lead up to first pitch. I'm Tim Katis's back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 3: Know this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All Season Low.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Friday night's beginning of a three game set from Chasefield, Rookie Sasaki, Merril Kelly the pitching matchup in this series. Opener time now for the Verizon startups. We're thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today we welcome in Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 14: All right, tim Game one and sixteen forty seven remain fifty three left in the regular season, and mo who would have thought on the seventh of August the Dodgers would be scoreboard watching because right now for the best record in the National League, Milwaukee at seventy two and forty three, Atlanta at seventy and forty five, the Dodgers sixty nine and forty six, three behind Milwaukee. Atlanta is playing with the Yankees tonight in New York. Milwaukee will be hosting Minnesota. Remember, the first two teams receive a bye in the first round of the playoffs. The third team must play the best of three in a wild card series. And a month ago, even three weeks ago, never saw this coming.
Speaker 7: No, I don't mean to sound flippant about this, but what the Dodgers need to do is look at their own scoreboard, because that has not been a pleasant sight. If you look at the fact of losing six in a row and during that time they have been outscored, they have not hit with runners in scoring position to the level that you normally see this ball club being able to do things. And for the Dodgers. Yeah, they need to try and do something some things a little differently tonight and produce. And if you look at what they've done against Arizona, they have split the ten games against them this year.
Speaker 14: The Dodgers have lost six straight all the while the Braves have won eight in a row, and the Brewers have been just a bottle of consistency all season long. In losing six in a row, they've also lost eight of ten, sixteen of their last thirty they have lost.
Speaker 1: So it's been a while.
Speaker 14: The d Backs, they've won six of ten, twelve of twenty, and they're right in the hunt for a wild cards. Sasaki and Merrill Kelly go tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, man, I think for Susaki, he's got to throw strikes. The Dodgers have to figure out Marrikell, who had change speeds as he's normally been able to do. And one of the notes, I mean, you look at the Dodgers too, Charlie's that we've been watching, Okay, six in a row when you're outscored forty two runs to twenty two, and that's against the ren Socks in the Cubs. Now, granted, each of those two teams came into you know, the Dodger Stadium. The Red Sox and then the Cubs playing at regular Field both were red hot. I mean absolutely red hot. They did just about everything in a positive sense. About the only positive thing I can think of, at least off the top of my head right now about this Dodger buclumb is that Freddie Freeman is in the lineup. We really didn't notice the fact that, you know, he fouled off the ball. We thought it was a foul ball, that's what it was called over in Chicago on Wednesday, and then in the fifth inning he was taken out of the game. Only after the game did we discover it was because that ball also went off his hand. X rays fortunately were negative. We're going to find out if in fact it still bothers him and swinging the bat tonight. He's in that lineup.
Speaker 14: Coming into the game with a fifteen game hitting street twenty seven for his last fifty eight, that's a four sixty six clip. So he has been very hot. Dodgers also had some pretty good hitting from others as well. You've got Otani four fifty seven in his last nine games and against the Diamondbacks this year, he's hitting four nineteen, Moki four to five on Wednesday after going hitless in his first four games this month, and Munsey against Merril Kelly, well, he's had his way with him in his career sixteen for thirty nine a four nineteen Clinton.
Speaker 1: So the Dodgers have the goods now.
Speaker 14: Merril Kelly is a guy that over the years they've had the better of it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they have. And for Kelly somehow there was one notice as well he has somewhat dodged the Dodgers that he just has not come up in the rotation against them in various times. So the Dodgers have to figure out how they're going to be doing it. And I think in particular a couple of pitches with Kelly. First of all, the slider away, particular to right headed batters, in particular to Tiasca Hernandez. That's been kind of his kryptonite, that breaking bawl away him. But the other point too is Merril Kelly throws a high percentage of changeups, almost forty percent could be exact, and if he gets ahead of you early in the count, he is going to use that change up. The question is how well do the Dodgers make adjustments, which is kind of the story each and every game.
Speaker 14: Merrill Kelly his last start on Sunday in Cleveland five runs and eight hits in five innings and lifetime against the Dodgers, he is O and eleven and a five point fifty six RA and in his seventeen starts against the Dodgers, his Diamondbacks have lost fifteen of those games. And Sosaki, who's pitched very well last three starts against the Yankees, Mets, and Mariners three earned runs in eighteen innings and a one fifty er, and certainly the Dodgers need a big outing from him tonight in the first of three the Dodgers and Diamondbacks from Phoenix coming up.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 6: As we leads up to first pitch, Dodgers Baseball's percent of by Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium, visit uniclow dot com slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck Before first pinch, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. Tim and Rick will have the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight with an old friend back with the Dodgers, Hunter Producier, Dodger catcher joins DV next, so we lead you up to first pitch from the desert. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Friday and night Rookie Sazaki, Merril Kelly. The pitching match up Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 3: This is high and.
Speaker 5: Tucked, nothing but first class. When you're with the man himself, freshly traded from the Tampa Bay Rays back to where he belongs, the LA Dodgers, and he's behind the plate tonight catching Roki Sasaki. That's the one and only Hunter Fiducca Fetti, thanks a lot for the time. Great to have you back.
Speaker 15: Of course, I'm happy to be back.
Speaker 5: I guess Austin Barnes doesn't watch a lot of Dodger games, because he was watching the other day and he said, wait, what, Fetti's back. So now that Barnes is aware that you're back, I guess that's all good.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm so waiting for the text from him. I should be here any any moment now. But yeah, I miss that guy.
Speaker 5: What's it been like for you? Is it still surreal to be back?
Speaker 10: Yeah, you know, you know it's at this but at the same time, it feels like I haven't missed much. You know, the guys were very welcoming when I When I got here, you know, kind of picked up where it left off. So you know, I'm excited to be back with these guys, and you know, they got a good thing going, so I'm excited to help out anyway I can.
Speaker 5: Is that how it felt. Maybe you don't see a guy from college for ten years and then you see him and you pick up right where you left off.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that's that's a good way to put it, honestly. You know, we spent a lot of hours together on the field and just bonding in general, so you know, a year doesn't take much off of it. So yeah, when I got back, it felt like I haven't I haven't missed too much, so that's good.
Speaker 5: Is it a crash course when it comes to some of these pictures or is it because you understand the method the process as far as the game planning. Does it matter that you haven't really caught Rokie before?
Speaker 10: Yeah? You know, I caught his bullpen the other day. You know, beforehand probably caught him a handful of times. So you know, not much has changed from that aspect. And you know, just being with the race for a while and you know, having to kind of lead a staff, it's helped out a lot with game planning and just getting comfortable in that sense.
Speaker 15: But you know, I feel comfortable for the most part.
Speaker 10: Obviously there's a little stuff here and there that need to pick up on and learn along the way, but I don't think it's gonna take too much time.
Speaker 15: Hopefully.
Speaker 5: Hunter Fiduccia is our guest. He has a clean shaven upper lip. Now you shave the stash. That thing was looking pretty nice over there, I mean ted Lasso's back and you shave the stash.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I don't know where that came about.
Speaker 10: I think it was like two am in the morning when I when I got in after getting traded, and.
Speaker 15: Thought, you know, I had to change something up.
Speaker 10: So here I am fresh, fresh, new team, fresh shave, So here goes nothing.
Speaker 5: Does it feel like when you came back to the Dodgers and when you were first traded? Obviously he's still trying to prove yourself in the big leagues. Now you've done that, You've established that. Does it feel like you left kind of like a boy and now you're a man that you came back.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I know, like you said there, I think there's still some more to prove, you know, but developing more as you know, I've been the Bigs a little longer. You know, it has helped out a lot with being comfortable and you know, working with pitchers and you know, with the staff and and Tampa having a lot of veteran arms, you know, picking up on a lot of a lot of stuff from them and how they approach certain at bats and hitters, and you know, I feel a lot more well rounded as as a catcher for sure and ballplayer.
Speaker 5: I got to ask you this, Shane McClanahan. I mean, he's such a powerful pitcher we know him from starting the All Star Game against Kershaw in LA. But what's it like to be a teammate to be behind the plate when mcclanahan's pitching.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, it's it's as advertised how you see it on on TV. It's it's truly a special arm. It was fun getting to work with him, and you know, especially after you know the injuries he's went through, seeing how he he bounced back and has developed his arm, it's a it's truly impressed all right.
Speaker 5: Before I let you go, Ben Roartfitz, the first thing he said to me was, it's so weird. You guys were treated for each other and now your finally teammates. What are your first impressions of the legend that is Ben Roartvett.
Speaker 15: He's the man. You know.
Speaker 10: I heard a lot of stories in the past about him, never really knew him, but you know, when I saw him for the first time in Chicago, it's like we've known each other for a long time. It's a weird feeling. But now it's been awesome so far. You know, he's been helpful too. It's some of the pictures I haven't caught before.
Speaker 15: And you know, he's had some time here and got.
Speaker 10: To build relationships with some of the pictures, so he's been super helpful and looking forward to get to know him a little better and working with them.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 5: Well, great to have both you and Ben back with the Dodgers. Good luck tonight with Rokie and it's a good night to get a win.
Speaker 1: Yes, let's do it.
Speaker 15: Thank you.
Speaker 5: There he goes, Hunter Fiducca has been our guest. He'll receive a gift card to Travis Matthew Culture of Style and Fiducci back with the Dodgers in a great culture of Style as well.
Speaker 1: We'll send back to you Tim.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 6: DV lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Diamondbacks from Phoenix. Up next, we'll dive deeper to this game one pitching matchup of this three game set to lead you up to Dodgers and Snakes. I'm Tim Kakes's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game.
Speaker 1: On your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers in Diamondbacks starting a three game set from Phoenix. First pitch coming up, in six forty.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the Dina, we look at the pitching matchup, brought.
Speaker 4: To you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 6: Merril Kelly on the mound eight and nine with a five h four e RRA.
Speaker 4: Thirty seven year old.
Speaker 6: Right hander with the Diamondbacks traded at the deadline last year and said I want to come back to the heat of Phoenix, and he signed a two year deal this past offseason. He's now in his eighth season the big League's making his twenty first start this year. Last time out, Meryl Kelly five innings, five runs, eight hits, five strikeouts, four walks. That one is a loss to the Cleveland Guardians. He has faced the Dodgers a lot, and as David Veasse alluded to earlier, it hasn't been good. Seventeen starts against the Dodgers, Meryl Kelly is ozero and eleven with a five to fifty six ERRA during the regular season. Last time he faced the Dodgers was an eight to six loss at the end of the twenty twenty four season, one that he didn't get a decision. However, he allowed six runs four of which were earned in a known decision. Roki Sasaki on the mound for the Dodgers five and five with a four to sixty four ERA. The twenty four year old right hander making his twentieth start this year. After the All Star Break, Roky Sisaki came back with a new, bigger glove. The purpose was to hide the grips and keep hitters from knowing what he's throwing. Maybe he was tip of the pitches, maybe he wasn't. But since the glove change, Roki Sasaki has made three starts. He has a one to fifty ERA, twenty one strikeouts, and his first start out of the All Star Break, he threw twenty one fastballs over one hundred miles per hour. Maybe with the glove change works. Last time out five and a third innings, two runs, five hits, seven strikeouts in a win over the Mariners. He picked up a consecutive win for the first time since May of this season against the Angels and Milwaukee. A win tonight would be the first time in his career Rokie Sasaki has earned the win in three consecutive outings. He'll take the mound for just the second time ever against the Diamondbacks. He made one start against him and last year when five innings, allowing five runs on five hits, Too walks with two strikeouts. Roki Sasaki on the mound for the Dodgers. Merrill Kelly goes for the Snakes. Dodgers an eight and a half game lead in the division. They have lost six in a row. They need a win bad. That's coming tonight. As we're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are coming up next. Don't you go anywhere? Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 1: On your home for the Blue.
Speaker 6: All season long, leading you up to Dodgers and timing bags from Phoenix one hundred and three outside and nice and cool inside Chase Field. Rokie Susaki, Merril Kelly. The pitching matchup. First pitch is coming up in just a few minutes. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Start Great Moments Start with Sapporo Beer.
Speaker 4: Whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 6: Sapporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers, sopporo. It's good with sushi, but great with baseball. All right, Before first pitch we head back out to the booth one final time. The guy on the call tonight, Tim Neverert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim, thank you very much. We count you down to the first pitch here tonight in Phoenix. Again, the roof will be closed. It should be closed this whole series due to triple digit temperatures. And that's what you get here in August in the Valley of the Sun. Certainly expected, and the Dodgers and Diamondbacks ready to go for this one tonight. Roki Susaki five and five, four sixty four the ERA, still throwing a good splitter. His last three starts, which were against the Yankees, the Mets, and the Seattle Mariners, have been very good. He's two and oh of a one five zero ERA and twenty one strikeouts over.
Speaker 7: Those last three starts. His splitter has been better in those last three starts. Also, the confidence lever Membery's also gone to a larger glove. Was he tipping his bitches ahead of time? Don't really know, but he's changed the grip on that splitter and it's working out. But here's Sizaki. When he's ahead in the count, it's a one sixty one batting average against. When he's behind in the count, it's a different god three eighty four. So it comes down to, very simplistically, throw strikes.
Speaker 2: Merril Kelly's had a tough time in August. He had a bat outing Sunday in Cleveland, gave up five runs on eight hits in five innings and the Diamondbacks were shut out five to nothing. But his era at five oh four could end up being the highest of his career by more than half a run.
Speaker 7: Well, if you look at Kelly, the fans ball has been hit at three thirty six average. That's the most of any starting pitcher in baseball. The slider away is going to give some of the right handed batters in this Dodger lineup some trouble. Why because they've expanded the strength zone. So that's a big pitch for Kelly along with the changeup, and he throws that change up over thirty percent of the time. He's going to change speeds tonight again.
Speaker 2: Dodgers know it's time to get back in the win column. They'll do their best to get there tonight, Tim.
Speaker 4: Yep, Dodgers need to get a victory. They need to get one two nights.
Speaker 6: Is this is a big series, Dodgers eight and a half games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks. You are right there with the Cubs and Phillies for the two wildcard spots in the National League. Guys are the Padres is one game back of a wildcard spot. But the Padres and Diamonbacks just finished off a series. Timonback's feeling good about the where they're at eight and a half games back as they go into this weekend.
Speaker 4: Said, Dodgers need to take care of business. This thing.
Speaker 6: They got swept in three games at Dodger Stadium right before the All Star Break that closed the.
Speaker 4: Gap by three games.
Speaker 6: Nothing better for the Dodgers to go in win this series, maybe get a sweep and add three games to this eight and a half game lead in the division. Keep an eye on what's happening with the San Diego Padres as they are at home tonight against the Houston Astros. Full slate oft schedule in Major League Baseball on this Friday night, We got first pitch from Phoenix coming up it's Merrill Kelly on the mound and Rookie Susaki. Merril Kelly winless in his career against the Dodgers. Rookie Susaki looking to win his third straight decision for the first time in his young career. Show Heyo Tani in the box next. Dared not take your eyes off when he's in the box. You never know what he's gonna do. He homered in the leadoff spot against the Cubbies on Wednesday. What will he do next? We'll find out first pitch, right around the corner. Enjoy it, everybody. I'm Tim Katson. This has been Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck on your back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network