Speaker 1: We are number one.
Speaker 2: We just grabbed every key demograta super duper.
Speaker 1: That's nice. Might a goo Nito gay? Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the thirteenth day of July twenty twenty six. Good morning, everybody, walker to Monday morning on the Parcher of Morning Show. Here we are. I've been Libra on his way in. Lots to talk about as we are getting closer and closer to football week. It's a million good billion degrees out there, so take care of yourself. Let's get this show started with some comedy from Ryan Hamilton's The Parcher of Morning Show on a Monday, Come on in now. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 1: I was hit by a bus.
Speaker 2: It seems like a common accident because we reference it all the time. Once you've been hit by a bus, you'll begin to notice this. People say stuff like, you got to live your life. You don't know you might walk out of your house tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Did I make that up?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just it's most easily accessible hypothetical death. There are so many ways to die, and I'm here to tell you live your life because.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You might get hit by a bus. That's what happened to me. Here's one people go oh, I feel tired and achy. I was out so late. I feel like I got hit by a bus.
Speaker 4: Do Yeah, I felt like that one time.
Speaker 5: It was that time that I got hit by a buss.
Speaker 1: Wee feet us on your side. You here the new age ofly thirteenth twenty six Power Trip morning. So the band's back together. I'm Corey, that's Chris, that's bald Zach. Hi guys, Hi, Hi, how are you? I'm good man? How are you sweating your balls off? Yeah? It's a little too hot out You hate it? Yeah? I hate it. I wish it was on winter, right, hogs.
Speaker 3: Hogs best, Yes, sir, yes, sir, it will be.
Speaker 1: Some snow would be great, it will it will. That's pick out there. Yeah, you have a sweatshirt on. Man, I'm indoors. It's lovely in here. Good point. Look, it's just would be what ninety seven todays? Sure, I'll be indoors nineties all week? Get Yeah, that's right, perfect? Yeah, man, love the nineties. Yeah, hotel notes.
Speaker 4: What I miss and it ain't good?
Speaker 1: M Yeah me Max and hogs Daddy rode up to d L saw that but the hardest I've ever laughed in my entire life. Fine, that was really fun. I rode in the back and Hawk would occasionally just break to see if I would fall out of the bed. Yeah, those were good times.
Speaker 3: Accuse my bed of being damp.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was damp.
Speaker 4: Zach lost the initials.
Speaker 3: Scary, the only one there, it was the only you were the only person that could have possibly been responsible for the damns.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was probably me. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We bought a lot of gummy candy. It was fun, good time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the whole bag of gummy's gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gone on the way up. Actual gummies or like a THHC gummy actual gummies. Oh, just real.
Speaker 4: Gummies, like truck stop gummies.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, yeah interesting.
Speaker 3: Yep, here we laughed. We ripped on everybody.
Speaker 1: Yep. Everybody got savaged. Ye, including me.
Speaker 4: I got savage mostly you. Yeah, Zach lost your initials.
Speaker 1: Skate, Hey he lost the initial saw that heard that heard all about it? And a sauce A Simpsons fan right, hell yeah. You remember the the iconic Simpsons episode where Ralph gets his heart broken and then they slow it down and you can see the exact second that Ralph's heart breaks yep, and then they run it back like five times. Oh yeah, of course I was alerted by a couple of people who like. Go back and watch the YouTube streap. You can absolutely see the exact second that Zach realizes I don't know if I brought it. You can see his head turn and the panic sets in, and then he runs back into his backpack to go look for it. But you can actually see the second exact second where he realizes he might not have brought it. Unbelievable. Hey it worked out though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, is that the speaker on over there?
Speaker 1: Uh? Oh maybe it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm getting all kinds of feedback over here. Really, maybe it's somebody's headphones. Really, I don't know, I don't know. Weird, Okay, anyway, never know what's happening around. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was a hell of a moment. I mean, he was. I thought it was weird because I thought he was like, uh, trying to set up the cameras, because he ran all the way back to the like behind the crowd.
Speaker 4: He went to the penalty box like he was putting.
Speaker 3: Himself away, like he was going to give himself five minutes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought maybe it fell out in there, because I was convinced it was in my backpack the entire time up until right when I I needed it.
Speaker 3: By the way, this is the break before the first round, I mean right then. Oh man, and I'm like, yeah, okay, well yeah, let's see what happens now.
Speaker 1: It's it is definitely worth your time going back and watching that entire commercial break him just running around looking for it.
Speaker 4: It's it's it's it worked out, so it's funnier in hindsight.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, it turned out to be the best bit of the day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 3: It was awesome. Yeah, that was really yeah, Yeah that was something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nice win. By the way, Chris, take you.
Speaker 3: I'm still shocked by it. That was that was a that was a heck of a nice win for you too, Like what do you know what place there? Does it even matter what place you got?
Speaker 1: So I don't know the exact thirteen something, I don't remember the exact number. Good for you, man, Yeah, man, cash it again. What are you gonna do? Just the man? Cash monsters what I do, which is fine.
Speaker 3: Anybody you know when or anything? Oh well, I mean.
Speaker 1: Kind of so we had fifteen Minnesotan's cashed it, which is cool. Shout out to those and my buddy Chris.
Speaker 3: By the way, that's somebody's headphones, right.
Speaker 1: Maybe what is it? What do you guys hear it's?
Speaker 3: Uh, you don't hear that when you talk?
Speaker 1: Mmm? Is it my microphone?
Speaker 6: Then I've heard it like sporadic over like the last couple of months, but like this is the most pronounced.
Speaker 1: Yeah, check check. Yeah, I hear it too closer I get than I can hear it. Yeah, like right there, right exactly if I back up here, Yeah, you're good. Yeah, I sure to stay further back, just not as.
Speaker 3: Far as close as you were.
Speaker 4: Interesting, don't kiss?
Speaker 3: Yeah that's cool anyway. Yeah, I keep going so.
Speaker 1: Uh no, So fifteen Minnesotan's cashed it and my buddy Tanner Pray was the one who finished the best. He finished one thirty second, so he won to He won sixty five K. Whoa good for him? Kids a beast?
Speaker 3: Yeah man, that's a lot of case.
Speaker 1: So down to the final twenty one. They played down to the final table today, sweet handful of big names. Yeah man. Remaining out of the final twenty one, Oh yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the dudget fun.
Speaker 1: We every day.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I try to walk for like an hour hour plus every morning because you sit all day during the World Series of Poker, right, you sit all day? So uh yeah, I got tons of steps in. I think I was like over ten thousand essentially every day. Good frive that all day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, good, good, good good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was it was fun. It was harder than last year. Last year was a lot less stressed. This one was a grind.
Speaker 3: Really, why is that? Do you have any Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just never I never had a stack. I had a good day one stack. I had one hundred and nine after one, which is a really good start. But then I had one hundred and eleven after day two, which means I made no ground on day two, and then on day three I had one oh two, which means I made even I went the wrong way on day three, so I essentially had forty hours of flat poker forty hours or sorry yeah, forty no, sorry, twenty hours Jesus Christ. Twenty hours. So that was That was frustrating. So then the money bubble thankfully burst immediately on day four. Yeah, then I busted about I don't know thirty forty minutes after that, did you.
Speaker 3: End up having to get like real conservative in order to get into the money?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So here's this has suck right Well, so it's hard to explain it unless you've gone through it, but basically how it works is once you get close to the money, all of the stacks that are sizeable put in max pressure on everybody in the middle in the bottom. So if you're in the middle or the bottom, you almost can't play because anytime you er a pot, you're gonna get hammered. So what happens is everybody on the bottom shuts down and my tournament basically altered. On level fourteen, so it's about two about two hours to go on Wednesday night, I got into a huge hand and it went the wrong way. If that had gone the right way, I would have had about a half a million and been a major factor. It went the wrong way and I was down to one hundred and seventy and then that basically neuters you. So after that, I'm like, well, now the last two hours of this night and basically until we get to the money, I have almost no options. So I folded some huge hands because it's not worth losing fifteen k correct hold of the money.
Speaker 3: I asked this guy, these guys this, but you know, Zach was in a cold sweat and I couldn't talk about it anything because he was still recovering and and you know saw us. Hey, he knows about as much as I do.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I don't know much.
Speaker 3: But doesn't everybody then get conservative because they all at least want to make their money.
Speaker 1: Almost everybody, So it must just be sucky.
Speaker 3: Sucky.
Speaker 1: It's really tough, and a lot of players tank. The last two hours of day three is kind of a nightmare. Yeah, that's what I would think, because everybody locks their chips up and tries to stall as long as possible because they just want other people to fail. They're just hoping that people drop out, and they just try to hold on. It's going on over there, you're right now. Oh, he's gonna sneeze or something or blow his nose in his hand.
Speaker 3: God only knows. He makes weird noises a lot. I mean, just weird noises, like my van will never be the same, right, yeah, No.
Speaker 1: So it's it's weird because I was one hand away from being in the other group, the group that could start putting pressure on smaller stacks, but I lose that hand and then I was down one hundred and seventy.
Speaker 4: I knew I could fold to the money, but.
Speaker 1: That's no fun. But I just didn't have much of a choice. Yeah, more of a grind than last year. Bit all good, But let's let's go back to a couple of things. How about how about the power of kf an.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: As of yesterday, I was still the number one search player in the world on wsop dot com. Unbelievable. Yeah, so Jeff Platt, who actually, by the way, said need to be on the show again in a couple of weeks if he wants to preview the Final Table because it's on ESPN again for the first time in a long time, so it'll be on the main channel sweets here for the first time in a while, and he's obviously a part of it. But for the second straight year, super cool that Jeff Platt interviewed me, and for the second straight year. It has everything to do with Zach basically tweeting at Jeff going like, hey, well what about this idiot, and then Jeff's like, well, yeah, let's get that idiot on. No, it's just super cool that It's like, it makes absolutely no sense that I get searched that much. However, here's the thing that I thought was really so sure, Daniel the grand Up, Phil, Ivy, Phil help me, all the biggest names in poker. Technically I was searched more than them, but we all know why, right, It's just because our rooms came out in full for you. So that's cool. What's cooler to me is that Minci from Barstool was also on that list and we were still crushing him. Yeah, that's because that guy's the same as me, right. The rest of them is just because they're famous people.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm getting pushed to the top because of the station. So people are like, do you think that was super cool? I'm like, well, actually, I thought it was cool that we beat Barstool because that's that's the reason I'm there, and that's the reason he's there is just our fan bases, our show's fan bases. So that's kind of cool that technically beat Barstool in terms of just roomed him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome And for the second straight year, and Zach saw it firsthand. Becauzach was in the room at Paris when I got interviewed with Jeff Platt. I didn't say a word for six hours at that table, right, I didn't. I'm really quiet at the poker table. I didn't say a word. So I get interviewed and for the second straight year, I sit back down on my whole tables.
Speaker 3: Like, right, yeah, so I said the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So for twenty straight minutes after that, they're like, so, who are you?
Speaker 5: What do you do?
Speaker 3: How long you've been there?
Speaker 1: Like, I got interviewed by the entire table for twenty minutes because they're like, I don't understand why you just got interviewed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like me too, buddy. That's great, too, good for you. That was super fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah man? And by famous, you see by famous? Uh?
Speaker 1: Well? I played with the best player in the world, wow for fifty minutes and then our table broke, thankfully. That was Alex Foxen. I played all day poker players will know who I'm talking about, but nobody else will. I played all day of day two with Madison Balas from Lithuania. He was super nice, and then all day three with Anthony Zeno, former WPT Player of the year. He was cool kind of yeah, yeah, they pray to him. Yep, the a scientologist. Did you see Jennifer Tilly? I did not. I saw Richard Seymour NFL Hall of Famer. What a monster, really, God, that guys enormous, just towers over everybody, just gigantic. Zacho saw this guy too. Do you guys know who David Constable? Is it Constable? I think it's Constable. You know, look at look up the name David Costable, cost A b l e. The second you see his face, you'll know who it is. Oh yeah, yeah, so he he plays He was in Billions, but he also was Gael from Breaking Bath. Yeah he was you know, Walter White's cook or whatever. Yeah, he's like a great character actor.
Speaker 4: He but in a lot of things.
Speaker 1: But he played Wags and Billions.
Speaker 6: And ironically I came back to after going to Zorbas on Friday or Thursday, should say, up in Detroit Lakes, I turned on the TV comedy Central.
Speaker 1: His Office episode was on. Yeah, he was in one episode of the Office.
Speaker 3: He played the manager of Motley Crue in the Dirt. Yeah he did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he was like two tables away from me.
Speaker 1: And then he ended up on one of the featured tables and Zach you were sitting right there when he was playing for a couple of minutes. He didn't last too long, but it's cool seeing him.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was cool. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Constant boom, whoa constab hmm.
Speaker 1: That's sweet, dude.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, there you go.
Speaker 1: It was super fun cool.
Speaker 3: Are they ready for us in Vegas?
Speaker 4: I mean I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Did they seem excited? Yeah, we're people walking around talking about it.
Speaker 1: I think they were a little distracted by the fourth of July.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, well we're exciting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is really cool. Guys announced on Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we did. It's gonna be big.
Speaker 1: Circa. Yeah. I can't wait. He's gonna be a big November for the Power to the Morning Show. But again, why would it not be. We're the first show in the history of the Twin Cities to go twenty five straight years. You are correct, We're gonna make a big deal about it. So yeah, we got the.
Speaker 4: Big show at TI. Yeah, big show at t I.
Speaker 1: With that Chad Daniels and Kelsey Cook and Zion Manson and Tommy Ryman and basically everybody from the Power to Morning Show and then the entire Power to Morning Show crew goes to Vegas a couple of weeks after that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that'll be out eighteen through the twenty third. Have you raw dog for seven hours on a plane?
Speaker 1: No? Wow? Yeah, you need to do it though. You do that, don't you.
Speaker 4: Uh if you mean raw dogging in terms of not going to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: You just don't do anything.
Speaker 4: You don't watch anything on the right watch So I watch stuff.
Speaker 1: All the time. Oh yeah. The story you're thinking about is the time that I was sitting next to somebody on an international flight and once their baby fell asleep after like the first forty five seconds or whatever, then he just stared at a black screen, a blank black screen, for an uncomfortable amount of time.
Speaker 4: And it made me uncomfortable, Like, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Wow? Either sleep when they sleep or watch something, but you can't just stare at the back of us. What are you doing? What are you doing?
Speaker 4: Psych man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So shout out to the Power Trip listeners and KFM listeners. That's nuts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's crazy. That is sweet, dude, that's super crazy.
Speaker 3: That's going on in the world. And Sam Neil died Man.
Speaker 1: I know that's.
Speaker 3: The guy who grabs his glasses the most dramatic way you possibly can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so good, the way you would grab your glasses if you saw a dinosaur in real life for the first time, right right? Yeah? Or Jennifer Tilley, Yeah I did not see her. Yeah, no, not quite.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And how about that old man getting thrown by the advice and I talk about oh oh, speaking of you mentioned Si I coming to a the uh Paraterip Treasure Island adventure. He had been a Leeber you're.
Speaker 4: Familiar, Ben, Sure you hear it, like in like what an hour or so.
Speaker 3: And they talked a lot about two thousand and nine, which had been was you know, wasn't all that fired up about, but he said something. I loaded it in. There's a whole angle that I thought. SI asked a great question and it was a really great answer from Ben. And we've never talked to him about this angle on the two thousand and nine suspected pass interference call. It's pretty cool. And I got to tell you I've told you guys the story from my perspective before. As I sat in here with Tennabe and saw Brett throw the past to Sydney, and I said, oh my god, Tenda, we're going to the super Bowl. And of course I cursed us. And I'll never say that again, and I'll never care as much again ever as long as I live.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: But I wasn't the only one that said that. Wait do you hear Ben talking about that?
Speaker 1: I can't wait. It's pretty crazy, man.
Speaker 3: Nice job side.
Speaker 4: That was cool, man, Josh, Well, what do you not talk about on the weekends?
Speaker 1: Gutter helmet from gutterhulmet mn dot com. Don't have to worry about that. Don't have to worry about cleaning up my gutters. Gutterhammet men dot com. Go to power you Monty too. If today's on the fan.
Speaker 3: Capital one offers no fees or minimums on checking accounts, and most Capital one cafes are open. All right, here we are welcome back to Patrick Morris.
Speaker 5: Here, here we are.
Speaker 3: The old shows back together. Max is filling in for eight.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is a co host. Patrick Stewart, no mar sitting in with Max.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, Jean Luke Licards O six professor X.
Speaker 3: Yeah man, yeah man, your card?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah man? Pretty cool.
Speaker 3: He lended his voice to the film Ted. Huh, I don't know, I know anyway, Mayor, Mayor, I guess I missed that.
Speaker 4: The the Ted movies are funny, man, Yeah they are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, you're fun No, not really, I try though, You're funny.
Speaker 1: Right Finger made me laugh on Friday? Thank you man?
Speaker 4: Yeah he didn't, right Finger.
Speaker 3: Did you notice though, too, that he didn't understand why I made fun of him first?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was like, why is that dumb?
Speaker 3: Oh you go, why is that dumb?
Speaker 4: You know, like one of these right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, thank you Hawk. I said it after the game on the way home. Hawk's guests on Misfit Toys. That was the wind standard. That was for sure. Yeah, that was the difference.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it's good. It's good.
Speaker 1: I know. Uh.
Speaker 3: The legitimacy is being questioned because Marty wasn't there, and I understand that, but you know what, bring her on?
Speaker 1: Hey, you only can play you know your schedule, right, you don't get to decide the schedule, And it's her fault that she didn't show up.
Speaker 4: To her and Marty was there. Marty's close enough to Marnie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, kidding was Marty got a great guess out of nowhere to man.
Speaker 1: Flags was super good. Yeah, that was good.
Speaker 4: He figured out what I was doing.
Speaker 1: That was good.
Speaker 3: We had some fun with that on the way home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, different red flags.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah yeah, Marty no, no, Marty kids, Mary no, no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 3: We laughed to laught.
Speaker 1: We laughed a lot. Yeah, that was good. Man. How was that venue? You were at a hockey rink instead of the pavilion as they are rebuilding or it's gone, so they're gone.
Speaker 4: God, but are they rebuilding it in the exact same spot?
Speaker 1: Is a bigger and better one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They said it probably won't be ready until the fall of twenty seven. How long does it take to build a pavilion?
Speaker 4: Let's go, come on Detroit Lakes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Big crowd though, Yeah, a huge crowd. It was fun. It's always great to go out. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was great to see everybody so quotes and quotes. Yeah, so they were up there and it's fun. It's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I knew. I knew when I made the end of day three, which is Wednesday, that there was just no way I was going to get back in time because we didn't start until eleven o'clock Vegas time. On day four, which means I miss all the morning flights out of Vegas. So after I busted pretty quickly on day four, booked a flight about four minutes later, five thirty. I didn't get home until what ten forty ish pm Minneapolis time.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Driving four hours overnight to Detroit Lake. So I knew on Wednesday it was over. That's why I tapped out, which then gave us the opportunity to have Zach almost lose the initials game after my wife and Emily did the old handoff yeah.
Speaker 3: And Max got to play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 3: People love don MAXI yeah, maxos scream yeah, and.
Speaker 1: His buttons were coming off. His shirt almost came off. It almost tarps off for Max almost. Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 6: There was a good time guy back at the hotel that I ran into who had uh we know. I asked him like, oh, you know you you sting here for the weekend. He goes, oh, no, I'm heading back home today, and I go, okay, cool, where's home? He goes Wyoming, and I thought, oh, Wyoming, Minnesota. Nope, nope, no, Yeah, I met that guy. Yeah, he drove like twelve hours. I know, it really he's done this like every single year or something that if it's the same guy.
Speaker 1: I think he said, the only year he's obviously missed is the first one. And then Covid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, damn, another gentleman who drives from Nebraska for we've all talked to him before. It was yeah, yeah, yeah, it's pretty crazy, man.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yeah, it was sweet.
Speaker 3: I don't know. But I'm super happy, super grateful, that's for sure. And you know, we're almost through the dead zone football seasons almost here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man.
Speaker 3: And hey, Marty Fish, who's a friend of PA's friend of the show, former pro tennis player, won the American Century Championship at Lake Tahoe yesterday. He beat Steph Curry and Joe Pavelski and won the Pro Am Golf tournament.
Speaker 1: What does he win for something like that? Is there a cash prize or is it just pride?
Speaker 3: I believe it's a pretty good cast prize prize.
Speaker 4: I think it's a I would Yeah, that's a good question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he grew up you guys know, uh, the country star Jaco Wen know the name. Yeah, they grew up together. So it's just weird because, like I believe Jake's brother was like a pro goffer or maybe real close or something like that. Anyway, But I've seen Marty in the booth quite a few times, and I know he's a former pro tennis player, but damn, he must be great. This is apparently the third time he's.
Speaker 6: Won this thing.
Speaker 1: He's really good.
Speaker 6: He must be a great really good. Yeah, yep, and he's one hundred and fifty thousand dollars Richard.
Speaker 3: That's what it is. Yeah, I wondered did he win like big tournaments and stuff like that as a pro tennis player, you must.
Speaker 1: Have, right, don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think he got because.
Speaker 3: I'm just no shout at Marty, And I'm sorry if you listen, I love you. I think you're great. But I mean it's like, uh, and I'm guessing Joe Pavelski must be a pretty big name right from hockey?
Speaker 1: Is he? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay? But then there's Steph Curry, right, you know what I mean? I mean, like, uh, that's great, that's crazy, Like he must have been a hell of a pro tennis player to be in a pro am with names that big.
Speaker 6: He got to quarterfinals, yeah, of three of the four majors got to a third round, which is a hell of a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's very tough.
Speaker 3: I mean, my gosh, Yeah, that's a hell of it.
Speaker 1: In the time of like Federer and dal and yeah, he played in a tough time and uh Andy Roddick in Legacy that time, and Dusty Man, Dusty Model cyclosporosis. Yeah, the bad guy in the Odyssey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Quentin Tarantino.
Speaker 4: Honestly came out this week. It does, Yeah, it does awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Do you watch episode four last night? Of course, Episode three was a disappointment, a whole lot of setting things up, and uh.
Speaker 1: Like three, I was surprised at how little action there was in three. Oh man, Yeah, I'm really.
Speaker 3: Really I'm surprised. I thought as I was watching it, Corey's gonna hate this.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: I thought three was awesome because it was cry Oh my god, understands she understands the pressure.
Speaker 4: Of the throne.
Speaker 3: Man. You know.
Speaker 1: Was she's singing White Lion, Not exactly.
Speaker 3: She was, Actually she was she was singing white line. Oh she calls the white Dragon.
Speaker 1: What a terrible choice by HBO if they actually let her do that. Episodes of music just they've spent now what fifteen years between Game of Thrones and Nine of the Seven Kingdoms and House of the Dragon building this world and then they just let it crumble because one show runner likes white line. What if we have an error to sing one verse? It wouldn't make any sense. It's a completely different universe, completely different timeline. Yeah, but it fits. We'll make it seem like she came up with it in that world. White Lion is multi dimensional. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well remember when suddenly out of nowhere there was Ed Sheeran.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but at least he wasn't singing, you know, uh Ed Sheeran song. He was just singing, which that.
Speaker 1: Was a terrible decision as well. But what if the person you guys's let's go back.
Speaker 4: Let's go back to episode.
Speaker 1: Three for a second. Chris and four, but three, I haven't seen four yet. You know who popped up at the end of episode three? Correct connected to the Power Trip Morning Show Power Trip Morning Show lore. I don't know. Alex Scooby, the Wiener song. And Dan, oh really, Dan Fogler? Who was he was? He was the guy at the end of the dinner the end of the Dinner World. That's freaking Dan Fogler. That's the famous toper Grace. Basically, it was like, it's your fault, you're blockade. Yeah, so that was the when to Grace yelled at Superstar be as Star goes, all right, I want to thank to for Grace and Nick Thune and uh and and uh Dan and tofer Goes. You don't even know his name? You didn't write down?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I was getting to it. How did you pull that?
Speaker 1: Well, he's had a nice little career, Dan.
Speaker 3: You know what's weird is he had short hair? Yeah, I've only known him as is he even gonna be Sam Kennison? Remember?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, whatever happened to that?
Speaker 1: By the way, I don't know.
Speaker 4: And yeah, there he is.
Speaker 3: That's crazy now that you say that, I can see it, absolutely crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he makes a makes an episode four appearance as well. So and Fogler's name is in the credit. So maybe his role is going to get bigger and bigger and bigger as we go on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was off the mouthy tour, so he really was. You never know what happens though. You don't get mouthy with the Queen.
Speaker 4: You really shouldn't. It seems like a bat he shouldn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I know you guys.
Speaker 1: Hey do you see HBO had a press conferensaty they canceled House of the Dragon. Well why because apparently White Lion was going to be a huge part of season four, so they just wrapped it up. They said, this isn't gonna work.
Speaker 3: Makes sense, I get it. I'm behind Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: Apparently starts talking, but it's just only why that'd be great.
Speaker 3: Right is whatever his name was, Lacy or whatever it starts to write off in his Dragon Renare's like, what else?
Speaker 1: Ja ja Lacey whatever? It looks like it doesn't matter anymore. Yeah, that's something kind of slim.
Speaker 7: It does.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you for saying that.
Speaker 1: Thank you, h thank you. What just looks right into the camera and wings Yeah, as a subtle nod all the White Lion fans. They love it. Front Paid Sports is next. This is the Power Trip Waring Show on the Fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored. It is official.
Speaker 6: The Power Trips twenty fifth Birthday Bashes on a Treasure Island November fifth and sixth, Friday. Show is open to everyone with the initials game at a trip to Vegas with the guys in November. Up for grabs Thursday's comedy show featuring Kelsey Cook, Chad.
Speaker 1: Daniel Siaminson and Tommy Ryman.
Speaker 6: It's full, but still joined the wait list at KFA dot com Slash two five.
Speaker 3: Okay, here's the deal. You guys know that the comedian that does the really great impersonation of much a man, Randy Savage, Dan Soder, Yeah, exactly what was the former.
Speaker 1: Dolphins coaches Mike McDaniel. They grew up.
Speaker 3: Together as best friends, like literally, little little tiny guys. And I was watching This Morning all right yesterday, I should say, Dan telling a story about how he knew Mike was his writer. Died best friend in like seventh grade when Mike found out Dan's girlfriend was cheating on him and called the girl's house and left a terrible voicemail message. But it's crazy how they grew up like together, the best friends. One became a pro football coach, that became a famous comedian.
Speaker 1: How cool is that? It is cool? Yeah, that's sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, though Mike looks like he just woke up from the worst bender of all time on that PODC guess it's fun fun anyway.
Speaker 1: It's like sauce, you're a famous radio host and Will Bucklan did nothing. Yeah, I mean I think it was a Medieval Times with you, but that was it. I mean, he's one of the people that started Chewy. But yeah, no chance he doesn't. You made that entire guy yet I did not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's no chance he exists.
Speaker 1: No, he exists.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. You didn't give him a nickname. I hate to say it over and over. It's true.
Speaker 1: He's right, No, he exists, Dov and I went to Medieval Times with him. Yeah, how about that being an item on Friday and you almost missed it? Yeah, I've been there.
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 1: Time now for Front Page Sports presented by Holiday Station Stores. I had Holiday Station stores red Bull eight point four ouncers, three for six fifty small can, big Energy with Red Bull Mix and matchinee Red Bull flavors that you want only at Holiday and Circleka Thanks Holiday. Hell yeah, man, I love how. On the way up to Detroit Lakes, Hawk pointed out the Oylton Holiday for Maxwell.
Speaker 3: Actually that's a nice place, but it's kind of a famous spot on the parts of Morning Shanna.
Speaker 1: It's like and Dan and famous, just as famous and uh and and Dan and Over the weekend, the Major League Baseball Draft took place, and the Twins took Georgia Tech catcher Von Lackey number three overall. That is the first Twins' first round catcher since Joe Maher in two thousand and one. Yeah, he had a really, really, really good breakout season at Georgia Tech last year. And there they are buying the hype that that continues. The two top picks obviously were Roch Chilowski whatever the kid's name is, and then Grady Emerson's.
Speaker 4: I think it is yeah, Rock, Yeah, Rock r O c H.
Speaker 1: Roch. I'm not kidding. I don't know. It's not Rock. No, I think it's Roch. I don't know, but yeah, he was the number one. That's find out how to pronounce it. You might be right, you might be right, but Roch is a terrible first a terrible Rock makes more sense. Runing to Google, it's uh, Rockchilowski. Oh, then it is Rock. It looks like it does. Look like it's r O c H.
Speaker 3: But he goes by Rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, Roch. Yeah, good for them. Yeah, I think he's you know, you draft these kids and a lot of them don't stay at the position they currently play out, but a lot of people think he will stay at catcher.
Speaker 3: I think that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think about Roch? I think he'll be.
Speaker 4: Really good for the Whites. Yeah, Roch Crotch.
Speaker 1: We're down of the semi finals in the World Cup because over the weekend Argentina beat Switzerland three to one. In England finally shut down Holland and Norway.
Speaker 4: Holland the person, not the you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: In the Netherlands.
Speaker 4: No, Norway lost two to one to England.
Speaker 1: So Tuesday, the semi final is France versus Spain. That is two o'clock in Texas. Then the Wednesday semi final is England in Argentina two o'clock in Atlanta.
Speaker 4: The final Sunday, two o'clock.
Speaker 1: In New Jersey. I think technically, come yeah, come on, rock.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm I got into it.
Speaker 1: This year. World Cup kicks ass. It's exactly like the Olympics, right. I don't like curling, but every four years I'm on the edge of my seat watching curling. I'm not going to be a soccer fan, but the World Cup kicks ass. It's awesome. Sweet you guys watching any of it or you completely checked out. It's it is super dramatic and caring about professional athletes is one thing, but it's free agencies drafts. It's different when it's your country. When you're fighting for your country and every fan is cheering for their countrymen to get it done and their hearts ripped out when their country loses. It's exactly like the Olympics. Yeah, it's been captivating. And to be at the World Series of Poker hence or you know, emphasis on the world, world word World. When the World Cup's going on and you literally have people from all over the world flying into play cards and degenerate gamblers every goal, the place would explode because some people truly cared because that was their actual country. Especially when England was playing, a lot of the Brits were celebrating and hugging and high fiving. But then you also just have degenerate gamblers that are betting on the game. The place was electric watching the World Cup. It was awesome. Yeah, I bet god gambling is the best.
Speaker 3: Vikings football out there.
Speaker 1: H Yeah, that'll be a What week of the Viking season is that end of November? Is that like maybe with ten eleven maybe.
Speaker 3: Four two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight nine, ten. That's a week eleven, well, a week ten, but we have a bye week in there, so week eleven of the NFL S.
Speaker 1: So it's about so that'll be our tenth game. Yeah, tenth game. Sweet, do you have the schedule in front of you? I do give it.
Speaker 4: Let's let's go through the first nine games quick.
Speaker 3: Green Bay home Saturday, the thirteenth of September. Okay, at Chicago at Tampa Bay home against Miami.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're terrible, terrible.
Speaker 3: At New Orleans, they're heading great bye week, we can win that one home against the Colts. We'll see at Detroit yikes home against Buffalo, yikes, at Green Bay yikes, Mexico City versus Sampring yikes home against Atlanta, home against Carolina, at New England home against Detroit, home against Washington, at New York Jets home against Chicago, and then into the playoffs first round. See.
Speaker 1: So if I if in my head I was counting right, I feel like we're maybe around four wins when we're in Vegas four and five ish maybe maybe, oh man, something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll beat Green Bay home Chicago's overrated. We'll beat Miami, we'll beat New Orleans. We'll probably beat the Colts because I don't think it'll be back yet, oh the quarterback. Yeah, I don't think we'll beat Detroit and Detroit Buffalo at home, thank god they're home. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just don't think we won't be out of it. No, we're not going to be one in eight. Nobody on the bubble. Yeah, wellman cash.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, nothing wrong with the main cash man, No, man, good for you.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you right now. You don't know until you know, right.
Speaker 1: You don't know to you know.
Speaker 3: Kyler might be the answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll be funnither way. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: It might be the answer.
Speaker 1: And that's right around that. You're gonna have to wait. It's like five months away. Well that is like five months away. But yeah, the rest of it will be sweet, or at least, yeah, it'll be sweet because gambling is the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, gambling, Whales football, football.
Speaker 3: Is the best. It's happening. It's almost here, right us.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I think hold on, I was gonna look it up. Hold on, what what were you look at? You're gonna look up the word football. Oh man, twenty four days until the Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 3: It's happening. Yeah, and they report here on today's at thirteenth.
Speaker 1: So I think teams report this week.
Speaker 3: What about our team?
Speaker 1: Uh well, their first practice is two weeks from Saturday. But I think they.
Speaker 3: Report in like last Saturday or this Saturday.
Speaker 1: This coming Saturday, so nineteen days. I think it's their first practice. But I think the rookies report two weeks from today.
Speaker 3: That's too far. I need I needed to be sooner.
Speaker 1: The Timberwolves are hosting a press conference tomorrow at eleven am to introduce LaMelo Ball in Josh Green.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, man, great, Yeah, HOWK you're going right?
Speaker 3: I can't wait. Yeah, I already did my video four. Oh Lamello, what'd you say? I said, Welcome to our Twin Cities, our beloved LaMelo. Please have fun and enjoy the basketball stuff.
Speaker 1: That's so nice. Where do you guys stand on Caramelos because I think they're one of the most underrated chocolates of all time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think they're good.
Speaker 4: Caramelos are onl believable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not as prominent as they should be. They should be, like at every checkout of every grocery store or target right there.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't walk by them without saying hello.
Speaker 4: Yeah I asked, just acknowledge their presence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're good.
Speaker 3: Sometimes all raw dog.
Speaker 1: Raw dogging it for seven hours. You know when you uh in rounders, when Teddy KGB tries to perfectly split the oreo. We used to try to do that with caramelos at lunch. Like in middle school. We tried to break a caramelo without having the caramel like spill out, just a clean break. It's extremely difficult to do, almost impossible.
Speaker 3: You want to you want to try something hard, roll a rollo to your pal. Sure, yeah, oddly shaped? Are they're cantered?
Speaker 4: Oh well, great use of the worst.
Speaker 1: You were so impressed with his word, you realize you don't even know the word to describe. Yeah, the praise you were about to give him. Yeah, well, good use of the word. Well good used. Yeah, good use of the word. Thank you, man for a for a handful of idiots. We play with our chocolate back in the day more than we actually ate it. Oh yeah we did that too, Oh yeah for sure, your mic son, what Yeah, now I want to caramel throat it in the freezer for about an hour.
Speaker 4: That sounds delicious exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, all right, I'm with you. We should do what really matters.
Speaker 1: Sure, and then Ben liber will be here at seven o'clock.
Speaker 3: Wait, do you guys here? It's gonna be fun. We're gonna have some fun with him today.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, man, Hey, this Friday, the initials invitation wal begins and are we not at one hundred and twenty K wasn't a one nineteen five on past? Correct? Yeah? So not only does the tournament start? Yeah? Yeah, that was cool, right almost? Man? I did not want it to go off on Friday with the with the lost initials controversy. No no, I'm like, man, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want anybody.
Speaker 1: Conspiracy theory in this thing where somebody exposed the initials and saw it and bloom, Let's just let's just get through without anybody winning in on Friday. And I almost did. I was that Brett might have, like, you know, texted one of his friends and then had that person miraculously get through.
Speaker 4: Make sure you guess empty for round three?
Speaker 1: Right now? Split the money? No, it didn't happen, but uh yeah, so bracket revealed this week. Tournament starts Friday. Got a cool field? What did you see? Some of the new names? Sweet? I would argue biggest name in Initials Invitational history? Boull Is it this year?
Speaker 3: I guess?
Speaker 6: Go?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Richard Cheach?
Speaker 1: Maren Happy birthday? No? Butsky is roch is playing? Well?
Speaker 3: Good news?
Speaker 1: Good news? What is it?
Speaker 3: Rubk?
Speaker 1: Happy birthday? Did you know James Zas? What do you think he did? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Cube? He did?
Speaker 1: Did you know that? Man? Well? Good worded? You did?
Speaker 3: Erna Rubik created the Rubik's Cube.
Speaker 4: Sure, wow, Sure, I didn't think I would ever run into you.
Speaker 1: Sorry, give it back inside jokes.
Speaker 4: All right, more of the Power Trip Morning Show.
Speaker 1: We'll do what really matters after.
Speaker 6: This on the van.
Speaker 1: For more information about contests on the station, go.
Speaker 3: Yah okay, here we are sixty seven. It's time for some What really matters on your Power Tip Morning Show is We're deep into a Monday Monday show that whatters?
Speaker 1: What's brought to you by Ovo, Lacy and Lens Go Change your life with doctor Mark Lobanof and doctor David Whitey in it Oh oh, Lasi Lens Game two up up, Getting lay sick You know Yeavin is. The Minnesota Twins beat the Angels four to two. Trevor Larnick with a home run, win, two for four, Tosh Bradley seven inning, six hits, two runs, six strikeouts. Look it up on your phone. The Twins won two out of three against LA. That's all they do now is win series. Man, they're almost five hundred. We're at the All Star break. They're forty eight and forty nine. That's right.
Speaker 4: What is this team surging?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 1: What's going on with the Twins? Yeah, they're getting good starting pitching in the bullpen ass and cost him any games, and they can hit. Josh Bell has been praying, uh, praying, he's been praying and playing really well. You don't know if he's been praying. Yeah, good point, and played really well. They got our guy, Ryan Jeffers back. So they're just three out in the Division, three behind Chicago and Cleveland. And speaking of Cleveland. After the All Star break, the Twins play Friday at the Cubs for three and then at Eveland for four, So a seven game road trip to start the post All Star Game break. The Cubs and then the Guardians. How pumped you for the home run derby tonight.
Speaker 3: I can't stand it. You're so excited, so excited.
Speaker 4: I uh, you guys gonna gamble on it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean I had nothing to do with the gamble. Yeah, yeah, it's good. I'll gamble on.
Speaker 3: It, Hiked, I didn't even know how you would gamble on it.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you, hold on, you can gamble on anything.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked you guys didn't gamble on cracking open a Carmelo candy bar and then what's called?
Speaker 4: That's Carmelo Anthony?
Speaker 3: Doesn't he the new Timberwolf? No?
Speaker 1: Hold on? Do you guys think it's weird that in Las Vegas on the fourth of July I spent more time with Zach than I have in Minnesota, basically in the ten years of knowing him.
Speaker 3: No, not weird, No weird.
Speaker 1: That a good time. That was good. We spent most of the fourth of July together cash those tickets. That's a good guys, man, and that sounds the best. I can't remember what we did, but I'm sure it was fun.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hawk gave you concussion.
Speaker 4: We gambled, you played slots, We played roulette.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just pack any one with your talking to me or him it doesn't matter, yea, he just wants What really matters? Is this?
Speaker 3: What were you going to say?
Speaker 1: So there are eight dudes in the home run Derby. How about I take the top three and you get the field?
Speaker 3: And how would I do that?
Speaker 1: No, I'll take the top two and you can have the field. So, yeah, Chris, why doesn't he take the top three and you take the bottom five? Okay, top you don't think that's fair, Chris? Then he gets the top three, take the top two and you can have the rest of them.
Speaker 3: Why would I do that? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Why don't I take the top three and you can have the bottom five?
Speaker 3: Are you going to say it?
Speaker 1: You can't, Chris. You want to bet on the home run Derby today? Why don't I take the top seven? You can have the last guy and we'll see what happened. You can have Wilson contraras. I'll take the rest of them.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing. We're gonna bet on the NCAA Championship, the tournament. You take the top ten, I'll take everybody else.
Speaker 1: That's not bad.
Speaker 3: It is terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's terrible.
Speaker 3: Thing. I don't want to ruin it by gambling. On it because you're gonna watch it for the enjoyment.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right.
Speaker 3: Yeah. What really matters though, is this got that right on this date in nineteen ninety Ghost great theaters across America.
Speaker 1: Great movie. Yeah, great movie.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: Peak Swazy peak, Demi Moore peak, Whoopy.
Speaker 1: Peak, whoopy you did, Willie?
Speaker 3: Yeah you did, Willie? Those ghosts coming up out of the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah some bitch. Yeah, especial effects don't hold up. But it's still a great scene. Still a great movie.
Speaker 3: Great, They're coming to get you, Willy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, put it away.
Speaker 3: By the way. Two thousand and nine, when the main man himself, Patrick Swayzey died, howld what do you think he was?
Speaker 1: Let's see right around point break and ghosts and the big swayze run. I would say he was probably got to be what early to mid thirties there, So then you add, let's go he was probably somewhere in his I'm gonna say mid fifties. Then give me a take. I'll go fifty four.
Speaker 3: Fifty seven. He was fifty seven when he died. I'm fifty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you look handsome.
Speaker 3: Well I don't know that, but.
Speaker 1: Dead from the neck up.
Speaker 3: That dead period, no, overall. Now he's dead the whole Dad. What happened lots? Yeah, fell out of a plane. Uh yeah, he got He got swallowed up by a big old wave.
Speaker 4: He did dancing that was considered dirty.
Speaker 3: He got shot by a dude.
Speaker 4: He was in one of Hawk's favorite Olam's roadhouse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, roadhouse and put away wet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jesus, alright.
Speaker 1: P is great.
Speaker 3: I love him. I'll kiss him in heaven.
Speaker 1: Center.
Speaker 4: One Wimbledon, he defended his titles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is his fifth Grand Slam title six seven seven six six three six four only she's five three.
Speaker 4: Uh so center wins again.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was great. He's really, really, really good. He had a couple of drop shots that were unbelievable. That right, Yeah, the other guy had a shot, but uh, just completely fed up.
Speaker 4: And then you got hurt too. Yeah, roughed up his knee. Oh how do you say his name?
Speaker 1: Roch? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Ro What really matters is this guy's name is roch esther brilliant.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 4: Thank you, head, You're welcome, daddy, thank you.
Speaker 1: Another underrated chocolate is the almond Rocca. What my god, No, you don't know almond rogues. No, dude, ten out of ten. I've never seen ten messing with us? Is that?
Speaker 3: Is that a basketball player?
Speaker 1: No, that's a real thing. It comes in a can. Ten out of ten. You like that? Yeah, it's talking man. Coffee is elite?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: The candy Hawk. Yeah all right, yeah, sure, I'd try that. Shocking. Okay, shut your whole last week was so relaxing without you.
Speaker 3: You said that.
Speaker 4: An impressive of yourself.
Speaker 1: I forgot. Who's a scenarios rat? Rat you're betting?
Speaker 3: You're betting? He hates your betting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I tried prove what's your thread count? I don't know, four hundred, two hundred six, Which one of those three numbers is good?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe the higher the better. What if your thread count is forty thousand, I think you're in pretty good shape and you're covered in thread. There's worse things to be covered in. Yeah, man, almon Rocca on.
Speaker 3: The State of my year, do you believe that Live Aid raised more than one hundred million dollars for famine relief?
Speaker 1: Eighty something, right, eighty eight, eighty four.
Speaker 3: Or five, maybe eighty five, it was, that's right. July thirteenth, nineteen eighty five a at Wembley Stadium in London, Prince Charles and Princess Diane officially opened live a worldwide rock concert Raise Money, Kid A couple of kids in love continue to JFK Stadium in Philly. You know the only person to play both of them?
Speaker 1: Uh, oh, man, we've we've man, We've done this. Hey god, do I not retain this.
Speaker 3: The old plane and oh so act yep? Rod, I know, Rod.
Speaker 1: Bruce, give us a hand. Do doom doom do bhil.
Speaker 3: That's right, Bill Collins, Bill Phil. He flew on the concord from London to Philly. Yeah, played uh, played drums on the on the led Zeppelin tune their only reunion, which they've all agreed was the worst mistake.
Speaker 1: That's said. Real said. Interesting, m hm hmm.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: That happened on Oh we're going to break break.
Speaker 1: Let's do more of what really matters after this.
Speaker 4: Ben Lieber in like twenty plus minutes, this the Power to Money.
Speaker 1: Join the fan, was it? Kurt Bills help from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 6: This report if spots is for you to win one thousand dollars every weekday that's every hour from nine am until five pm. To went to the keywords and learn more, head over to KFE dot com. Bonus Bucks is presented by big deck dot com.
Speaker 3: M gentlemen, mistake. The Seattle Seahawks appeared to have found their next owner.
Speaker 1: Paul G.
Speaker 3: Allen Estate announced on Saturday that had reached an agreement with the to sell the Seahawks to a group led by the Koslaf fan The selling price reportedly, have you seen this yet?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Nine point six million dollars billion dollars? I bet is what it's supposed to say?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Nine point six billion dollars? Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yep? Deal expected to be approved in August. And again the Paul Allen family, not the nine to noon Paul Allen family. Yeah, going to donate the proceeds to charity. Unbelievable, how about that? So this guy, the guy that is going to be the owner of the Seahawks, is a limited owner of the forty nine ers, so he obviously has to relinquish that when this deal goes through. He is the founder of a venture capital firm. He has a net worth of about thirteen point eight billion, and according to the story, he made early investments in Open Ai, Door Dash into Instacart, good focks.
Speaker 3: Yeah I did not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't either. I wonder what's the uh, you know, if you get thirteen point eight billion, yeah, and nine point six is the sale price, I wonder how much of the nine point six is his? That's a good question. And then I wonder essentially how much the NFL requires you to have in net worth on top of whatever you're investing. Yeah, because it's not like, well, how much are you worth? Ten billion? Well, how much you're gonna buy the Seahawks for nine point six billion? I'm gonna leave myself. Yeah, just a couple hundred million to see what happens. No, you can't got to have more than that, so I can't pay your payroll. No, So it looks like he's he has a big enough cushion, and you know, I doubt every cent of the nine point six is his, but he's going to be the.
Speaker 4: Majority of her.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, when you have that kind of cash, you hang out with people that have similar cash, you could easily say, Hey, I'm gonna put six million into this, do you want to put in one? Sure?
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, you can get this this, this, and this, all right, like I was there?
Speaker 1: See yeah, yeah you put in one.
Speaker 3: You're an adventure capitalist, aren't you?
Speaker 1: I mean being a venture capitalist would be sweet because that's like a cool thing that when somebody asks you what you're doing, you say, I'm a venture capitalist. How would you explain what they do?
Speaker 3: Me?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 4: I think you would say that you invest in things that you see have capital in them in the future. So why don't you just start telling people that you're a venture capitalist. Who's going to stop you? Who's going to fact check that? That's a good point? Thanks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you could be a bad venture capitalist. You're you're still a venture capitalist.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, so you do radio?
Speaker 1: No, I'm a venture capitalist.
Speaker 3: Oh no, kidding, radio just for fun, right yeah, this is just for.
Speaker 1: Self promotion, and yeah, I have a massive ego. Yeah. What are some of your investments me? I've invested very wisely in a small couple of energy companies such as Excel and and a couple of thermonuclear companies such as hyper Global Mega Corp. Where are they based out of Springfield? Which one? Simpsons bit? Which one? Oh? Where were Springfield? The Simpsons is in? I think it's in Oregon. I think they figured out what really matters though, is this.
Speaker 3: He's got that right, Ladies and gentlemen, on this date, in what year do you believe was the first ever World Cup tournament?
Speaker 1: Oh? Good question. So I think I know because I think I think because I said something. Yeah, because I think I heard isn't didn't the didn't the US finish third or something? In the first ever one in like nineteen thirty eight, thirty eight, thirty six, thirty four. It's somewhere in that range. I think it's thirty eight. I mean, i'll say forty two.
Speaker 3: July thirteenth, nineteen thirty man France defeated Mexico for to one in the United States defeated Belgium three open the first ever World Cup football matches played simultaneously in host city monte Video, Uruguay.
Speaker 1: All right, so I was partially listening. I knew they got third, and I knew it was in the thirties. I thought it was later.
Speaker 4: And I'm watching World Cup. Man, it's fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is your walk cool? Tomorrow? Sure? Yeah, good for you. In the World Series of Poker will be done because they're taking a three week break, Thank god.
Speaker 3: Bright Hawk yeah, you know it's a I need a break. I've been watching it all and I need to go back and rewatch the NBA All Star Summer Games.
Speaker 1: And you got the home run derby tonight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course I got that tonight where I get the rest of the field and you take the great ones I get. You gave me the pitcher I did, and you take the hitters.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I'll bet it if you want. We can go with a why don't I take the top three? You can have the bottom five. I think you and I did that last year. I think I took the top two guys and you took the field. Top two is different than the top three. I'll take. That's a huge difference in percentage. I'll take the top two if you want the field.
Speaker 4: Who are the top two?
Speaker 1: Uh hawk knows.
Speaker 3: Jennifer Tiller yep and pauld Town Pauldie Town.
Speaker 1: He's in the venture capital. See well then yeah, he's a coworker of mine. Hey, he's being in Las Vegas over the weekend and Friday morning. Former Miami Heat teammates bomb Out of Bio, bam Out of Bio and Tyler Hero got into a physical altercation where Bam actually struck Tyler in the head. She Bam reportedly was mad about Tyler Heroes social media criticism of Bam. Hero is now in Milwaukee because of the Honest trade. But yeah, fighting over what they were saying on social media, and at some point Bam struck him in the head. I wonder what he said when he hit him in the head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Powell, No, no, not those not zap.
Speaker 1: About two hundred million people said bam. Yeah, even Pa did.
Speaker 3: Remember when the guy. Remember when the guy was fighting the guy in the golf course and he kept telling him you better not do it, you better not do it. Than the guy did. So he hit him and every time he hit him.
Speaker 1: Went bam, bam.
Speaker 4: That's a bam.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that like a former NHL guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Big maybe NHL maybe an I'm a huge dude, beat the hell out of guy. The guy wouldn't stop, so you just kept hitting him. Bam.
Speaker 4: What really matters?
Speaker 3: That was this great point.
Speaker 1: On this date.
Speaker 3: In nineteen fifty five, nightclub owner Ruth Ellis became the last woman ever hanged for murder in Great Britain ninetive now. She murdered her boyfriend David Blakeley, who probably had it coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hard to say, yeah.
Speaker 3: She born nineteen twenty six, left school as a young teenager, had a child, worked a variety Josh eventually became a nightclub hostess. In nineteen fifties, she married dentist George Ellis, with whom she had a second child. The marriage was short lived, in Ruth returned to working in nightclub. She then became involved in a tempestuous relationship with David Blakely, a playboy race car driver. Ellis became pregnant miscarried several days after a fight which there was some physical stuff. She later became obsessed with Blakely. When he failed to come see her as promised. On April tenth, nineteen fifty five, she shot him to death outside of a club. Was hanged st How about that? A hundred people went and watched it and did it back in the day, I'm.
Speaker 4: Sure, I mean, what else was on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was the fifties? Yeah, I mean was it eve? It to beaver run? Hard to say, yeah? Correct. Over the weekend, Victor Webbin Yama in the San Antonio Spurs agreed to a five year max deal of two fifty two, but not quite the max, not the Supermax. Instead of the thirty percent Supermax escalator bit that would have put it at three hundred and three million, Wemby agreed to the two fifty two. Now you may be saying, well, why would he do that, Well, he's gonna save the Spurs a bunch of money and hopefully win some titles. And I know two hundred and fifty two million is a ton of money. But he turned down fifty million. Yeah, that's insane, That is not right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 7: So it's yeah, no, I'm well, what's the difference. I'll tell you what the difference is. Fifty million dollars fifty million man. So that is the third largest rookie extension in w WNBA story slightly in NBA history.
Speaker 1: Cade Cunningham and Evan Mobley both make five years to sixty nine. So Evan Mobley has a bigger contract than Victor Wembanyama, who exactly man. And of course Wemby is the French Fenom if you're not familiar with him, he's twenty two years old, grew up playing with other great French nationals like Sea Smoke, Moon Dancer, Sirax vegaar Vermathor and sheep Stealer. He did grow up playing with sheep Steeler. I think it was like Dan Soder and Mike McDaniel. I think sheep Steeler and WebM Binyama were like one A and one B until a. You know, well, obviously Wemby's like seven to four. Yeah, sheep Steeler had some teeth isssues, buddy developmental problems. We're close on all the sheep Stealer and then Syrax's girlfriend cheated on him, so sheep Stealer left a very mean voicemail. All that checks out, Yeah, but what really matters is this, you can't play that hawk.
Speaker 3: In London from seventeen sixty to seventeen ninety four, thirty four good years, men could buy a pocketbook directory detailing the physical appearance, sexual specialties and cost of local sex workers in an annual publication called Harris's List. I can't believe it wasn't called Hockey's List. This guy, Harris, what an entrepreneur?
Speaker 1: How do you spell it?
Speaker 3: Like h A R R I S Harris Harris's List of COVID garden Ladies.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Small pocketbook sold for two shillings and sixpence.
Speaker 1: What a ripoff? Yeah, that's a lot.
Speaker 3: Each edition came the contained the entries to describe the physical parents and sexual specialties. Got I got her.
Speaker 1: I I.
Speaker 3: Gotta read one of these entries. I gotta know how he described them.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's for sixpence? None the Richer got their nope? Band name nope.
Speaker 4: Do you know who loves sixpence? None the Richer?
Speaker 1: Zero? People care.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna guess, King George the Third.
Speaker 4: It's it's gonna be smitty, Okay.
Speaker 3: He gazed at her for a while with eyes of transport and fondness, gave her a world of kisses at the close the wish in a pretend to struggle, she can trive matter so artfully that the bedclothes had fallen off, had fallen off. Her naked beauty is like exposed at full length the snowy orbs, but with their frequent rising and fallings.
Speaker 1: There's your podcast.
Speaker 3: Beat Cupid's alarm drum to storm instantly in case in immediate surrender should be refused. What the hell does that mean? He didn't just talk about him. He talked about the individual getting it on sessions you have with these ladies.
Speaker 1: This is just filth. Poetic poetic filth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just filth.
Speaker 4: Say snowy orbs.
Speaker 3: Snowy orbs. I love that. That's good because you know she didn't get she didn't whoop them out in public.
Speaker 4: They weren't can Yeah, she shouldn't whip them out in public.
Speaker 3: Perfect, that's yeah. They were snowy orbs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were snowy orbs.
Speaker 3: You know he's got snowy orbs.
Speaker 4: You me, yes, I have snowy orbs.
Speaker 3: Ye, Miss Kenny Nope, missus Jenny ken Beard was described as having a violent attachment to drinking. Geez yeah uh, Miss Williams Entry is full of remorse because she was often so intoxicated, is not be able to stand up.
Speaker 1: Violent attachment is such a beautiful waves like do you believe you have a violent attachment to gambling? I do?
Speaker 3: And I have snowy orbs. Yeah you do?
Speaker 1: You have all the above. Oh, let me let me.
Speaker 4: Let's see if I can.
Speaker 1: Tell the story fast. I told this to Zach. Let me tell you this one quickly. It might not be worth it, but too late I already started so leaving two Vegas on.
Speaker 4: The fourth of July, right again, fourth of July. Flying is the best.
Speaker 1: Fast on the fourth. On the fourth, yeah fast. No one is at the airport on the fourth of July. The TSA line is zero people. It's the best. If you ever want to travel, Pick July fourth. So I get to MSP, get in the line. There's nobody in line. So we're all immediately putting our bags on the old conveyor belt and stuff. Right. The guy in front of me is probably in his mid sixties, and he is overwhelmed. What do I do?
Speaker 2: What do I do?
Speaker 1: And they're like, just put your put your suitcase in the in the bind sir, Well, but what then what do I do with that? No, you're fine, just put it in there.
Speaker 4: Do I have to take my shoes off?
Speaker 1: No, you're fine, And he is confused, he's overwhelmed, And I'm like, oh, maybe this guy's just never flown before, right, because that's fine. He's he's older, but he seems very nervous. Then he was confused about which line to get into because obviously there's the metal detector line, and there's the whatever that thing is called that you step in and put your hands up and then it goes around you whatever. Yeah, he got in the wrong line. They're like, sorry, you're in the wrong line. We're not doing that one right now, just going well, but do I do?
Speaker 6: I go here?
Speaker 1: So I'm like, man, okay, this guy is he's fine, he's traveling by himself. He's confused, he's overwhelmed. He gets through the line. Well, my bag got flagged, you know, randomly flagged. So I'm I'm in the line waiting for my suitcase to be like examined. His didn't. But he's standing waiting in that line. And after about thirty seconds, I'm like, I wonder why this guy's standing here. The guy behind the counter goes, Sir, which bag is yours? He goes and he points at the one that he's holding. He's like, well this one. Are you waiting for something?
Speaker 4: Guy's like what do I do?
Speaker 1: He goes, you're good, it went through the metal detective ready, goes, boy, yeah, you went there on the conveyor belt. He goes, then you're fine, Like, well, where do I go to your gate? Sir? Like rough morning for this guy. And he's almost sweating, right, He's like, oh, so here's here's the here's the reason why I tell this story, and here's why violently attached to drinking or violently attached to gambling made me remember this story. Like, this guy's an idiot, what's this deal? So I quickly get my bag and I'm about thirty seconds behind this guy. As soon as he gets through TSA, he goes up to one of those uh lottery ticket vending machines. You would have been convinced he was a computer hacker. He walked up to that machine like, so, he doesn't know how to go through the TSA. He's overwhelmed by the metal detector, he doesn't know what line to be in, he doesn't know if he has to have his shoes on.
Speaker 4: But the second he got through TSA, he was.
Speaker 1: Like time to gamble and I know it. So he was an expert and he couldn't hit the buttons faster. He would have been in contention for world record lottery ticket vending machine buyer. He was so proficient. Wow, the guy was a savant. Doesn't understand how to navigate everyday life, but god dang it, he could not wait to get scratch offs at at the freaking airport on the fourth of July. For him, Jesus and all I thought is this guy has to be on my flight. This guy's going to Vegas for sure. I didn't see if he if he was, but couldn't wait. Had to scratch the itch. God gambling. He loves it, he does. I've just never seen somebody so overwhelmed with life be so perfect at hitting buttons faster. I knew exactly which tickets he wanted, knew exactly how to put the payment in fixed. That's so great. Good for him? What I degenerate? Did he win?
Speaker 4: Didn't stick around to find out.
Speaker 1: I just shook my head and laugh. I'm like, man, I would have guessed that guy was the biggest idiot on this on this flight, but seems to know what he's doing. Good for him, and said Chris Hockey. Oh yeah, Chris, I don't know where I am. You scratched.
Speaker 4: I'm home?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I found it. I love it here.
Speaker 3: Do you want to hear how Miss Cooper was described in this guy's list? Obviously neither handsome, well dressed, well lodged, nor well bred. This humble girl is thankful for a crown. Oh my, it's just so.
Speaker 1: Weird that women are have ever been called handsome. It just feels so like misgendered. It seems so that women are handsome. Oh man, that's just it just feels like a totally guy term. The dudes are handsome and women are not. Like, can you imagine if you were like, hey, I'm I'm dating this gal Kelly Thoughts, and I'll be like, oh, very handsome. Excuse me, calmed down a looker, She's very handsome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tommy likes him handsome, Yeah, bet he does.
Speaker 1: Ard masculine. Ben Leber joins the show in a second hokill do the news. This is the power Trip Morning Show on the Fan.