Speaker 1: The Flop, Sweat and Tears, Petty Theft to her heads to Mankato this Saturday joint Common Meat Sauce and Larry Mondello Guy at the Cato Ballroom seven point thirty this Saturday. Tickets are available at Cato Ballroom dot com. But caller eleven right now, we'll win two tickets to the show.
Speaker 2: Call now, all right, there's one caller, there's two callers.
Speaker 3: They hung up.
Speaker 4: They found it.
Speaker 2: No, it's still two. Hang on, you said what collar? What zax eleven? So for two they both did hang out. That's okay, hang on, I'm sure to work out. Yeah, Kato Ballroom dot com. I love place, Thank you. It's a fun spot.
Speaker 3: I have and I really enjoyed it. I'd like to go back there and play. It's a big, old room and it's been there forever and you'd be just amazed by the giant artists who played there in the past. It's one of those old school ballrooms like Buddy Holly. I think Buddy Holly might have played there.
Speaker 4: You did, Yeah, yeah you did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go. That's right. Wow, that's kind of not the best way to say it, but yeah, no, we get it. Yeah, I guess it's true.
Speaker 2: He was talking about the guy that does Kermit's voice. Oh yeah, saw so. I heard Common a handful of days ago say that you guys have worn out your welcome mostly in the Twin Cities, but you guys still do really well out of the metro area.
Speaker 4: Yes, we have.
Speaker 2: So that's the key is just keep moving out. When are you going to play Iowa? I don't know if what about the scani Yeah, play like a gas station in Toma.
Speaker 3: Yea, go there now?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 5: Just to see if they'll come out?
Speaker 2: Do some reps, practice some of your source material.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the middle of the road. Want to get rid of.
Speaker 4: Me so bad?
Speaker 5: Don't?
Speaker 4: No, we want you to succeed.
Speaker 3: Trying to help you get advice here.
Speaker 2: So what is the order between you comment and Larry Mondelo guy on Saturday? Who opens, who's in the middle, and who closes? Larry Mondelo Guy goes first, so he's your opener and host.
Speaker 4: He opens and hosts. I go second, Common goes last. How many minutes is larry Mondelo guy go.
Speaker 2: About fifteen to twenty? How many minutes do you go about thirty thirty?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I heard it was fifteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, comment said.
Speaker 2: Once that you did about fifteen were like, okay, thanks, everybody comments up next I did once yeah, and then something like now I'm forgetting, but I'm paris. He said something like they're all You said something like they're all yours yeah or yeah.
Speaker 4: And then I left yeah yeah, and then you got out of there. Yep.
Speaker 2: But he had to do extra time for makeup to make up for the time that you shorted whatever.
Speaker 4: That accurate, Yes, that is accurate.
Speaker 2: But ever since then, I tried to get as close to thirty minutes as I can.
Speaker 4: Is there new material for Saturday? I have new material? Yes?
Speaker 2: Is it about raising a kid? Some of it is, yeah, some kid related jokes in that. Yeah, oh yeah, I think it's pretty good. Do you still play the hits?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: So target yeah yeah, snake story. I haven't done the snake story in a while though, what Yeah, sorry, So all right? Targeting kid stuff on Gotto eleven calls yet?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he's talking somebody right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just asking for their last four of their social Why would you do that?
Speaker 4: They want to go to the show.
Speaker 3: He's looking to steal their identity.
Speaker 4: Going to make a few bucks.
Speaker 2: In fact, I think the winner says if I go, can you please steal my identity.
Speaker 4: To oh oh Money's husband? Yes? Was he pumped? Fantastic? Yeah, I was like, oh, you're the big winner.
Speaker 2: And he goes, uh for what what did I win? He goes, oh, he was excited. Why did you call from from Ohatana?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, good, you can get there.
Speaker 2: Sure, so it's personal. But he said five oh seven, like that's perfect.
Speaker 4: Owl City.
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 4: Good for you, Mitch, Yeah, Mitch, owl City still tour. I think he just helps a lot with he left. He just rights for other people. Now what does he do? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Because uh like actually I saw the he a lot of the noises from your iPhone, A lot of the early stuff.
Speaker 2: I was seven. He was a part of that. No kidding, So I haven't. I mean, there hasn't been a lot lately. That's going to be some decent cash. Uh yeah, yeah, let's say so interesting we're learning who oh hey Rose the last album was twenty twenty three. Why well, they wanted to make more money.
Speaker 4: He wanted to make more money.
Speaker 2: Question, but it's just the one guy, right, Adam, what do you mean, Adam Young? I think is I think Young's is adam.
Speaker 4: Brilliant, so good.
Speaker 3: It's stuff. You know, we were talking a back to what we were talking about a while ago. With all the shows being announced, I think it's going to get tougher and tougher and tougher because the tickets are so expensive, yes sir, yes, that you can't just go see the bands you want to see. You have to choose which band you're going to go see.
Speaker 2: My daughter had that exact conversation with me last night because she wants to see Florence in the Machine and she really really wants to see Tame and Paula. But she's like, I don't think I can afford both, so I have to basically choose between the two because both of them are like, we're talking three hundred.
Speaker 4: Plush tickets right, yeah.
Speaker 2: And she's twenty years old, so she's like, I can't just throw a bunch of money at two concerts like that.
Speaker 4: I'm twenty. I'm like, I get it.
Speaker 3: And the problem, if I may go a little deeper, is you have these bands. The only way you make money these days is touring, right yep. And you think, wow, why are they charging so much for their tickets? They are not right the fees. And we know who I'm talking about, Yeah, they we are. They're they're pricing. It's cutting off your noses by your face. Like the very definition, the best example of it is exactly what's happening right now. You inundate us with a lot of concerts we can't afford to go to because you're charging us too much for the tickets. And you know who's really getting hurt local bands too. I gotta tell you, it's hard to sell a ticket because are you gonna come see the Chris Hockey Band? Are you going to go see Tam and Palla? You got to save your money to go see Tam and Palla. Yeah, I completely. It's it's tough for everybody, man, and there's got to be a breaking point at some point.
Speaker 6: We've talked about, like you know, we hear study after study about how younger people don't go out anymore. Yeah, And I would have to think that this also plays into that because one of the big reasons to go out back in the day was to go see a show, and.
Speaker 2: Now you can't. I mean you got to like go get a loan to go to a concert.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not that long ago. Guys, We've talked about this before, Corey, when you didn't even wonder how much the ticket.
Speaker 4: Costs bought it.
Speaker 3: You just bought all those eighteen to thirty bucks or something.
Speaker 4: That expensive ones were like fifty to seven.
Speaker 3: Right now, you legitimately have to say, ooh yeah, and do I want to go see the show? If I buy a ticket that is so far away, I know it's not going to sound good and I'm not really going to be at the show. I'd be closer if I was sitting on my couch. You know, it sounds got to change.
Speaker 7: And now I'm buying four to everyone because luckily my kids love music as much as Nicky and I. So yeah, when you add up more than one ticket, it's just you've really got to pick your spots.
Speaker 4: Crazy expensive quick.
Speaker 2: A lot of these bands now, especially the one I really like, the Dave Matthews man, they have fan websites so you can buy tickets basically from them, and then you can avoid some of the fees right that are that come with Ticketmaster. Like I got two tickets for the show and SHOCKAPI they're like four eighty total for two of them, right with the fees from Ticketmaster when they go on sale tomorrow. I bet they're five six hundred even two fifty piece though, right, Yeah, that's from the old day. Yeah, I mean that's a huge number.
Speaker 3: Of Honestly, I got Abigail tickets to see five Seconds of Summer at a new place, right. She loves them, and they are not good seats. And they are almost three hundred dollars a piece. And I don't know if there I shouldn't say. I don't know that. I haven't been inside there yet, but they are.
Speaker 2: Not close, right, There might not be a bad seat in the building. But I get to your point. Yeah, if they're all the way in the back, that by definition there are better ones. Well, did you say, corp was it your oldest daughter wanted to see like Lady Gaga and it was like three it was. It was nuts, it was honestly, it was preposterous. The price two It just sucks. Yeah, that sucks. Yeah, so a billion dollars.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's something gonna have to change her or everything will change it. I don't know. Anyway, There you go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you said it perfectly.
Speaker 2: I remember not caring at all what the price was because it wasn't that much. So what's what's the difference back in the day between a twenty dollars coount, you're in a thirty five dollars count You're like, whatever, I just get tickets. Now it's sticker shock. You have to truly plan and think and pick and choo zach your hands up.
Speaker 6: Well no, no, no interrupt im just saying I would have to think that eventually, when you kill the love of concerts in a younger person, and you aren't really killing the love, they don't even they haven't discovered the love because if they had any interests, they look at the price and they don't go, and they go, well, I'll just listen at home. Eventually, you know, a whole generation of people who don't understand how great live music is.
Speaker 4: And the I mean, I don't want to say.
Speaker 2: I hope, but I almost hope that something breaks here that the you know, they do start feeling it, and they do start realizing that we can't just keep doing this over and over again, where we charge the hell out of them fees, convenience fees, all this other crab it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really the.
Speaker 4: First time I saw the Dave Matthew spam. The ticket was twenty seven dollars. That's twenty much, way too much. There's a ripoff. Why would I see that free? How much do you think the Bruce Springsteen tickets are four hundred bucks? Yeah? I got those prices a little more that twenty.
Speaker 2: Well I think my Aaron Carter tickets at the State Fair were like free twenty bucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they only gave you twenty dollars to go see that man.
Speaker 2: Actually, what's double because he came back two years later. It was awesome, better than ever ALRP man. Yeah, it sucks.
Speaker 3: RP is too bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, there you go.
Speaker 3: Somebody got to fix it. But it ain't gonna be me.
Speaker 2: It's got to be a market correction. Rights it has. They have to feel it otherwise they're not going to change it. You got to feel it. People are going to keep paying it. They're going to keep exactly the problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever, okay, all right, super quick fan five, then we can do headlines next segment.
Speaker 5: Yep, it's time for a fan five on the Power Trip.
Speaker 2: Yes, wow, Zach, I need your help or somebody that's good with Google.
Speaker 4: I know we're watching gold Zone here so.
Speaker 2: We got a whole bunch of gold zone live Olympic events like men's curling, snowboarding for women, things like that.
Speaker 4: Not normal behavior. Well, it's only once every four years, buddy, could you.
Speaker 2: Could you check? I saw Mikayla Shiffrin was in first. Obviously her One of the stories of the Olympics is that she continues to struggle at securing medals even though she's one of the all time great skiers, if not the greatest. Right she's in that conversation. Sure she wasn't first, and then they took it off the gold zone. So where we Where are we at with Mikayla Schiffrin? Is she still the leader? Seeing headlines here that she won gold won slalom, there we go. Good for her. Good got to get that off her back, man, Yeah, good for her.
Speaker 5: We didn't.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you guys talked the hell out of this, but I was gone on Monday, so I didn't get the chance to talk to you about it. The dude, the quad god, Yeah, ye, can I tell you something about that that really struck me. So he goes out and just so sad. Obviously, you know he was expecting to do great everybody that he's going to do great. He fell twice and I'm watching it happen. I think it was live, but if not, it was you know, that day and I'm watching that happen, and the look on his face, he was just crushed. You know what made me feel good? The next day I saw him in the stands at a different sport, having a good time in smiling.
Speaker 4: With his buddies.
Speaker 3: Yep, I'm just you know you Sometimes I think I just automatically assume that they've been pressured their whole life to dedicate their whole lives to what they're doing, and they have, you know, but that they do it sometimes not just out of joy. They do it because they have to. And to see that it didn't ruin his life. I'm sure it was terrible, you don't get me wrong. I'm sure he's just wanted to see it didn't ruin his life. That he didn't win the gold medal, and the next day he was smiling with his buddies just made me feel good. I don't know.
Speaker 7: That's how you got it as a professional athlete as these guys are. That's how you got to make it or a short memory you've got to make mistakes. Everybody makes mistakes. That's how you react after him, and that's the perfect way to react.
Speaker 4: Moving on to the next do.
Speaker 2: You see his explanation of why he thinks he failed, the like invisible battles and the insurmountable pressure he said. He said, negative thoughts like flooded his brain really and he just couldn't shake it, which is strange to admit that, Like, I felt this wave of negativity and I couldn't get it out of my head, and then I felt twice.
Speaker 3: Welcome to my every day.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's why almost every professional team now has like a mentality coach, sports psychologist.
Speaker 4: It's important the most important muscle in the body.
Speaker 2: Certain, which is crazy because like in the team event, because the US one team gold in figure skating and he was a part of that, he like tore it up yea, and everybody's like, wait until he tears up the individual event and he fell twice. Yeah, and Rosie laughed.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 2: Parker said he met him, right, did he not?
Speaker 4: Did Taylor did? I thought it was Jared Sole or whatever?
Speaker 2: Sway the speed skater on Real Corey's met the guy from Subway Jared Nice I can be wrong.
Speaker 7: Nobody, nobody bats.
Speaker 4: I bet he watched Night of the Supper Kingdom and Lightning.
Speaker 2: Jordan is light Jordan stole guy dominated watch. I just don't think they should get to watch shows I watch.
Speaker 4: Doubt they do. One of the races Jordan had was my favorite thing I've watched, I think in the Olympics, because you can.
Speaker 7: Hear the commentator losing his mind thinking that Jordan was waiting too long, he was not going to have enough time to make it up, and he won by like a full second. It was crazy like he was literally the commentator was losing his mind. He's waiting the next thing. He just takes off and leaves that guy in the dust.
Speaker 3: Do the same night as dude fell. Did you see the still shot of his uh, what are the muscles above your knees?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Odds have you seen the picture of his quads? It's it's like, how is he how? How is he not on steroids with I can't believe.
Speaker 4: That it looks the biggest. The biggest legs I always saw was on Bonnie Blair.
Speaker 7: Her quads, Like if you look down at the uh boy, normal quads, they're just kind of round you know, your legs kind of rounded there, right. Her quads were so big that they stuck out to the left, the octos she had like two inch wings. That's a huge man muscles out the side. I've never seen anything like it since.
Speaker 4: All your hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bonnie Blair was one hundred posing Blair. Underwood would crush anyone.
Speaker 4: Is he the quasi because of his quas? Because of the.
Speaker 3: Dude run at Google search of his the still shot of his quads. You can't believe it? Like, like, if I hadn't seen on NBC, I would have thought it was a really Yes, I'm.
Speaker 2: Really My guess is it's a convenient little play on words, right. It's course the quad part is definitely in relation to how many revolutions he makes in the air. But if you've got a nice quad, you just say, hey, I'm the quad gad. I was like, you point to your legs. Yeah, the running back for the pack, Sure, that's a thing. Is there is there one event that you've watched in the first week and a half or so of the Olympics. Is there one winter sport that does absolutely nothing for you that, even though it's the Olympics, You're like I just can't get into this.
Speaker 4: And I'm a Skelleton. I don't really watch that or get in.
Speaker 7: I think that one's the closest one break in the neck, So I can't wait to watch that one.
Speaker 2: Can you believe that picture that's thick with three seas?
Speaker 3: Doesn't that look fake?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Can you show it on the stream? Is that possible?
Speaker 4: No, Bonnie Blair really nothing.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you, Bonnie Blair her legs where her quads were.
Speaker 4: It was unbelievable. I bet hawks love with the Bonnie. Oh for sure he has.
Speaker 2: Again, I can auto feel some of your sentences, which is not good for me. When was the last time a kid was named Bonnie? Is that a thing?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: If we looked at the the Minnesota database for births in twenty twenty five, would Bonnie says?
Speaker 4: Zero?
Speaker 2: Well, Stan, I think named is kid Bonnie? Normally I'm supposed to do. He loves translating. I don't know what that is, Dan, Bonnie, Bobby, stay.
Speaker 4: Come on?
Speaker 2: Is this is this eminem related?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: It is that? Stand? Yes? Oh?
Speaker 2: Free?
Speaker 4: Somebody out there got it?
Speaker 5: You hope.
Speaker 4: Comedy you're like that?
Speaker 2: I know somebody else nobody building, But somebody goes, is there anybody out there?
Speaker 4: Well as well as I expect.
Speaker 2: It's like Bruce started a show with is there anyone to lie about there?
Speaker 4: And just nobody you.
Speaker 2: Bonnie Blair, I have not seen any highlights of the ski mountaineering that they've added this year.
Speaker 4: Has it not happened yet? Or that well that's where they go up the hill.
Speaker 3: I don't think they was that.
Speaker 2: I thought they added it for this that the clip running up the hill was that cross country.
Speaker 7: That's yeah, that's that's incredible. The way he runs up the hills.
Speaker 4: What what? What was that? A skia mountaineering up the hill? That's gotta be kind slow the campus.
Speaker 2: I just don't know if they've done it yet. Zach look it up on Thursday. Then there you go. There's my answer. I was like, I don't think i've seen it yet. Well, there you go. Apparently it hasn't happened, so it starts starting to check it out. The closing ceremonies are Sunday. The BEES one or two day event.
Speaker 7: Might not have a whole lot of athletes since it's a brand new event.
Speaker 4: And there's probably not a lot of disciplines. It's not like all right, go to the hill.
Speaker 2: All right, now go up the hill carrying ninety pounds, Now go up the hill while singing John Sicata tunes like.
Speaker 4: One race rounds on that.
Speaker 2: No, that could be a heat.
Speaker 4: Yeah you only need the one? Yeah right, one hits better than no hits? You are correct? Amnt?
Speaker 2: Just another days of bangs?
Speaker 4: Oh? Just an absolute slammer ten out of ten? Yeah.
Speaker 3: I still never forget when you guys sang to him.
Speaker 4: Yeah he didn't. He say that's something.
Speaker 2: He said something like that warms my heart. But he's like, but that was I feared something like that. That was that was tough to listen to her, So I forget how.
Speaker 4: He worded it. But icaa love that we cared. Yeah, he loved that we gave it all all.
Speaker 2: But he wasn't a huge fan of the notes that we missed.
Speaker 4: The guys are the class singer?
Speaker 3: Was that a thing where I surprised you guys? You didn't know he was gonna call?
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Is that rights? How did we get a hold of Sicata? Is it worthless?
Speaker 4: Did he have a concert he was promoting? No? I think somebody I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's put out a book or something. I don't know. I don't know. God, I know, I wish I had a memory that would really help me.
Speaker 2: Anybody that's under forty is like, who in the sweet hell is John Sicata.
Speaker 4: Just listen to Just Another Day and you'll know he had a moment. Oh, yes he did, he had a moment. Headlines is next. This is the Power Tree Money Show on the fin.
Speaker 3: Welcome Back Final Second Party Money Show.
Speaker 2: So soon joined v Muss and Miller Lite at Duke's Pizza Pup and Oakdale this Thursday from five to seven for drink specials, games and register for a chance to what a spot in the Vikings Foundation Golf Tournamental Details at.
Speaker 4: KFE dot com.
Speaker 2: Hewart Golf. Make America wail again, Yes, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Make America whale again.
Speaker 3: I was looking through the liners, old liners. We've got so many old ones. There's so many bits that we used to do that I don't remember even how they were done. I don't even know if we ever actually did any of them.
Speaker 4: The fans remember.
Speaker 3: Let me see if I can find something like this one chorus or for us, I don't know.
Speaker 2: So is that just like we played a song and we did liked the chorus, or we didn't like the chorus.
Speaker 4: It's time for the audio files?
Speaker 2: Is that just a dumb way of saying, here's some sound bites.
Speaker 4: It's time for.
Speaker 3: Look at the yards.
Speaker 4: Hockey's headlines.
Speaker 3: I didn't even know who that was?
Speaker 8: Played again, Hockey's headlines. Oh I think that's uh that's a mega mix, was it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Oh?
Speaker 2: Was it really?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Play war time please?
Speaker 3: Okay, I get a copy of back over.
Speaker 8: Sorry, Hockey's Headlines. Yeah, yeah, you're right, that's right.
Speaker 3: I think you're right.
Speaker 4: Shout out to Jordan's is the best man. It's time for Front Page Sports.
Speaker 2: Another liner, it's time for and then whatever terrible title. I assume he just reused the same it's time for probably probably in that same little sound effect in the beginning, it's time. We have a terrible idea for a bit, but we need an open to make it sound better.
Speaker 6: That could have been a good bit, like just every day find something different, like, hey, I need to say it's time for uh, peek at the purple.
Speaker 3: He was exactly that would have been had a sponsor for it. Yeah, listen to this one. I don't even know what year this was I should look.
Speaker 5: All they want for Christmas is for Burder Game to bring back. That's good.
Speaker 4: That is correct. I agree with that. I love that. That's a long running bit. Oh they were, That's how good they were.
Speaker 2: Man the best, the best, shamrocksk Man Man walk Man on rock Man. It's time for the hawk Man on rock Man. If you can't tell, let's pull the carrot on the fourth Wall. If you can't tell. Dave Allen was off that day, so recorded his own boys and lord it using one of our editing systems.
Speaker 4: It's time for the hawk Man on rock Man. That is so good.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you talked about when Howard zerm was doing the Allen roach impression.
Speaker 4: O ye, ma man, hawk Man on rock Man.
Speaker 3: What I started looking for when I started doing that?
Speaker 2: I remember, that's so good.
Speaker 3: I found all those things like uh oh, I was looking for the.
Speaker 2: Right Remember when we used to try Oh sure, yep, hey remember this remember this bit. Now it's time for he remember that bit.
Speaker 4: One of my favorite time for.
Speaker 2: So there's a viral post making the rounds where somebody split up the US into thirteen different drinking teams and then ask which group of states would out drink the rest, and by far the most popular answer the team of Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.
Speaker 3: The Indiana and with US yep, oh it's over.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now if you just say Wisconsin the the world, yeah, yeah, they would be.
Speaker 4: I mean, like, I'm sure the Germans would say like whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa. Yeah, there are some beer drinking out there.
Speaker 2: But if it was Sconni versus the States, yeah, I mean, flip a coin.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they love drinking. Those Irish would have thrown them back to Yeah. Good point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, that's the winning team Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, and India.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Mate, that checks out. I wonder who's dead last. What region of the country just does not drink Utah? Good point, well played.
Speaker 2: Sorry, but my guess is Utah would be on a team with Nevada or California.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they drank.
Speaker 2: So what somebody looked up because I didn't see how the teams were split.
Speaker 4: Let's see who Utah is with.
Speaker 2: Somebody find it is that that's a wolf on the track.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, I saw the scrorel the other day. They got a wolf out there today.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's a beautiful animal. It's got it's got to take. Why I let him out there?
Speaker 5: I don't think he was.
Speaker 7: I don't think it was intense with that. That's definitely that's a big old husky.
Speaker 4: I'll get you going. Is it tagged, Yeah, it's got it. It's got a collar. It's a big husky.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They got the finish of that's a beautiful.
Speaker 4: Awesome And where would it rank?
Speaker 2: Where would it rank in the history of sports, not just the Olympics. If a cross country skier about to approach the line was attacked and killed by a pack of wolves.
Speaker 5: We have to be.
Speaker 4: Killed. And we watch it live on Gold Zone.
Speaker 2: It's top five and there's Matt Eisman and Jack Collinsworth and Tyler George going like, oh, this does not look good.
Speaker 4: The blood's just flying everywhere.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what we know for sure. I know this for sure. We get angry emails about us spoiling it for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, correct. And I wanted to watch that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I want to hear Mike Turco talk about it. Metals all, what if?
Speaker 4: What if?
Speaker 2: Clabo for Norway is going for like his tenth Olympic gold, oh Man, and the wolf gets him twenty yards from the finish.
Speaker 4: Great journalist Saturday Night Man, Kato Kato, Does I mean you can laugh?
Speaker 3: I'd rather Yetty just come out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that would be. That would be big.
Speaker 2: That would be big for representations.
Speaker 3: Just flop it out and show that.
Speaker 2: That would be That would be the perfect combination of the science world, the news world, in the sports world all losing their minds simultaneously.
Speaker 4: It's like the science.
Speaker 2: Community would be like, we have definitive proof now that a Yeti is real. The news would that would be huge, just general news, right, it would lead all major news channels. And then of course we'd have the agony of defeat because that Yeti rips Clabo apart and he doesn't win his tenth gold because he's dead. Yeah, that'd be sad. That's about the only way it looks like the US can win in cross country scheme is a Yeti takes out Clabo.
Speaker 4: The Norway, the entire Norway team. Yeah, the Jetties cash on the US. Screw Greenland, man, we got to buy Norway, buy it. We're just gonna take it. We don't buy things.
Speaker 2: What do you think Claudo or just like the fifth time in the last two weeks I've asked a question almost identical to this, But I'm just curious. Right, we were talking about how much the drone operators make. What do you think Clabo makes a year?
Speaker 4: Ouch? I don't know. It's the best cross country skier.
Speaker 7: Every year, but I know, like Michael Phelps was in the octagon when they were when he was going through his thing, and like I was telling you this, they make their big bonuses from sponsorship, for sure.
Speaker 4: So they made a ton of money from sponsorships.
Speaker 7: And he is the most what is he the most decorated Norwegian?
Speaker 2: Now ever, I believe he now has the most gold medals in Olympic Winter Olympic history.
Speaker 7: Like he's he's got to be making Clabo. He's got to be doing pretty darn well. In the early earnings.
Speaker 3: I don't think you guys noticed, but he was doing some commentating.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that person was doing multiple flips.
Speaker 3: Man, how about that? What was it when they go down the hill real fast and the right beside each other and then they're doing jumps and yeah, when that dude lands and it looks like he explodes, that's crazy. Skis everyone he's still finished.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how it was, I'm going to work with you, Mark, because obviously every player's kind of got their own, like equipment manufacturer preferred.
Speaker 4: How did it work with you? How did you pick? Was it just the biggest offer? Was there? The one time? It was? But you had a preference? But yeah, preference.
Speaker 7: I mean, the thing is about that is you got to get what's best for you, whatever feels the best for you, because that's where you're going to perform and that's where the money is going to come from. So you worry about your job first and foremost.
Speaker 4: You're gonna pick what's best for you.
Speaker 7: If a company comes along like East and early on in my career, I love their sticks, like their their gloves or whatever, and so I started wearing their pants and so I started getting like free East and stuff. They tried to get me in the skates and that didn't quite work. But again it didn't matter becase we were in New York in a big market. So it kind of depends on the market. Obviously depends on the player. You know, the big boys. Yeah, they can have their options. And the nice thing about when you get up to that level, every company can just make.
Speaker 4: What you have, right.
Speaker 7: So when I was working with Easter and for All, they just took my stick or then I switched to Mission for a while, they literally just took my Eastern stick and absolutely copied it. Right, So they just put put their graphics and whatever you want. So though, if they want you better, if they will make the equipment perfectly customer for you, like Crosby and Box got to be doing everything, you know, like that?
Speaker 4: Is that right? It looks like it's hard to lock down.
Speaker 2: But according to estimates, Clabo earns approximately twenty to twenty two million Norwegian crowns a year, which is around two ish or so million US dollars around two million euros maybe a little bit more.
Speaker 7: And how many dollars and how long of the season it is? Yeah, and I'm guessing it's going to go up now cross country goal each gold, it's a bigger bonus with each gold, Is that right?
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Hey, Corey?
Speaker 4: Yes, sir?
Speaker 5: Who said it?
Speaker 2: Who said said?
Speaker 4: Is that being said?
Speaker 2: Who said?
Speaker 3: I said go make an intro for ye said it? And that's what he did?
Speaker 4: Yeh? No sound effects, no music, no opening, no Who said it? Who's said, no, rhythm, that's not bad.
Speaker 5: Who said it's not?
Speaker 2: Said you said it?
Speaker 4: Who said it it? That's pretty good, it's not. That's why. That's why we played it a thousand times and made fun of more like that's He's like, well, you just sent me in there. You just said come up with something. It's like, yeah, but not the first tape.
Speaker 3: Would love to know where he's at. But if you're out there, you know, babyface.
Speaker 4: Nick, you're the best dude.
Speaker 3: Question one question, question my question one question. I don't remember that bet either.
Speaker 2: One of my favorite bits that we can't bring back now because Rosie is not in the show was question mark question. So we just had people, we had plants calling and ask him just the filthiest questions and he got kissed.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 3: We were three times.
Speaker 2: Got The idea was we'll just have rubes call up and ask Mark whatever we want. But we essentially had our friends call, Hey, when we put you on the line, just ask Mark this. It was always way over the line, over the and I don't think he knew we were setting them up with plants. I think he thought they were actual just rubes, which some of them were, because we got some people they got all right. Then everybody just asked him super filthy questions. It's so good question Mark was outstanding. I think he liked about the first two or three and then he realized, Oh, this bit's dead and we must have done it fifty times. Yeah, oh yeah, we did it over and over and over and over again.
Speaker 9: Oh man, queskid all right, Sauce, Yes, I want you to go for many of times. Oh yes, oh my god, the whole thing. I've made this known many a times. As much as I love Rosen, I know Shaver, I know Rod. They don't report. There is no reporting going on in this town when it comes to the TV guys. I feel if I do more work over there Channel nine, I may not break a lot of stories. I'm going to be on top of story is just going yep yep.
Speaker 2: Mmm.
Speaker 4: What were you to say? No, I don't know, I know, I just want to Yet at the time, mam, what was your man?
Speaker 2: What was I going to talk about?
Speaker 4: Now? Now I've been completely derailed? Were you asked him to play the whole thing? What time is it? What time is it? Fifteen minutes left? Corp. You can make it, buddy, you can.
Speaker 5: Make it.
Speaker 4: All right, sauce.
Speaker 2: How many legos are there for every person in the world? Do you know how many people there are on the planet Earth right now? Approximately?
Speaker 4: Like uh something billion, three point five billion or something? Too many? Too less?
Speaker 2: You tell me, I have no idea. It's like eight eight billion. Uh so let's say there's uh I will say, how many like total legos legos for every person in the world.
Speaker 4: Impossible to guess. I mean it's a prety billion, twenty billions per person?
Speaker 2: Oh per person? Oh, I don't know. Two hundred.
Speaker 4: Five hundred one thousand. Play the sounder again, derail them again. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Man, twelve hundred six thirty five thousand, No, wammis two. You were not tired for your brains.
Speaker 4: You hipopotamic land.
Speaker 2: Mass eighty eighty Okay, twenty billion was a hell of a guest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I thought you meant total. Man, twenty billion, that's cereal? Does anybody even eat cereal anymore? I was not smart, man. You don't got to keep over the week. I'm back on on.
Speaker 2: I went a long time without doing cereal and milk, and I'm just not a you know, it just wasn't in my rotation for a long time, grew up with it.
Speaker 10: I'm all back in on honey, nut cheerios and mid that is absolutely one staple. You will always find it our health honey, honey. I'm gonna tell you guys right now. I mentioned it two weeks ago. The s'mores cereal.
Speaker 3: I said I couldn't find anywhere, and I got about five people that know who emailed me and said, look in the plastic bag section of the cereal aisle, and it's in there. It is my jam.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the chocolate and peanut butter cheerios is maybe the best cereal of all time. Yeah, that was pretty good.
Speaker 5: Mark you're ready.
Speaker 4: That sounded like a space shovel.
Speaker 3: I labeled that the greatest part ever. It was in two thousand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Corey was gone. So then we had super study. You come in and listen to it. We have all kinds of people come in and listen to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we didn't have much time.
Speaker 4: It wasn't what I was expected. Let's tell you that. Do you just isolated?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: I should I thought you did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Can't you even play that clip? There's music in the back.
Speaker 11: I know, all right, because because Blue Rays eventually came out and now everything's digital extreamed or you can download it.
Speaker 4: You know, the DVD era is over. It's just over. Man. So as this story says.
Speaker 2: This likely will be the best selling DVD of all time because it's not like there's going to be a resurgence. Do you know the all time best selling DVD? Ask a question, go on, is it a TV series or is it a movie?
Speaker 4: It's a movie, shash anchored emp.
Speaker 2: That's not a bad guess, uh one of the Lord of the Rings Titanic. No, when somebody is on the right path, I'll give you the hints that so far nobody's guessing in the right realm. Like, no, that's not a bad guess, Perry. I think this is eventually gettable if you if you start thinking correctly, there's a there's a reason why this would be the number one selling best DVD or this this area O DVD. So we're talking mid two thousands, early to mid two thousands.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll give you the hint. Who buys DVDs? Kids? Kids?
Speaker 2: So cars, Lion King cars to toy story three four five down, I said, nobody said it yet, Well, but it's Pixar. It is Pixar. Your favorite movie with the lady with the big butt, incredible INDI. Yeah, your favorite moment with the man in the Alliance Monsters Inc.
Speaker 4: You're dancing around it, but nobody said in.
Speaker 3: To the one where they're all like I cannot think any.
Speaker 2: Like there's nervous and there's That was ten years ago. Why am I not kidding?
Speaker 4: What Monstrous said?
Speaker 2: Toy Story Sonsters inc.
Speaker 4: Incredible Monsters University? No, what is this? Want to take a picture?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Good? Guessy that would have been a good Oh my god. People are screaming at the radio. You doing it?
Speaker 2: I'm not doing it?
Speaker 3: What are we forgetting?
Speaker 4: This is a monster movie?
Speaker 2: Like I don't mean, I don't mean in that wiver No Pixar.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm on TV. Oh my god? What Zach Halverson's tweet is on?
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 5: Just what was it?
Speaker 2: Yeahngratulating somebody in Tyler George, Yeah, it was that from this morning? Just how many times have your tweets made national broadcast because you get inside the NBA, want to get the n B A, the n h L, tell me fire.
Speaker 4: You can do this. That was cool, though, that's we have to did you scream? Okay? That was really cool.
Speaker 2: Dude, gosh, work together, you guys can do this. Trying to think of like Disneyland. No, good guess again, good guess inside out. No, No, that's it.
Speaker 4: You're gonna kick yourself so hard.
Speaker 2: This is this is probably a Mount Rushmore Pixar movie.
Speaker 4: It's that big of a deal. You're all missing an obvious.
Speaker 2: One finding Nemo That's what I was like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm the happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm just I am Nemo war On.
Speaker 3: I thought we nailed them all.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was good. Yeah, that was completely changing topics. Cardi b is apparently getting some of her button plants removed.
Speaker 3: Oh it was not real, son of a bitch. I don't believe in anything anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's not talk about you know who?
Speaker 2: Santa Cardi said quote after this tour, I'm taking some out after this tour, I don't want to hear nobody for three months. I'm going to Columbia. Nobody hit me up, nothing, I'm taking this ass out.
Speaker 4: Man. Can you imagine to go to Columbia to that? Yes?
Speaker 3: Can you imagine the skin sag?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sure they didn't.
Speaker 2: All right, you guys want to watch me do a live reaction I've made it clear on this show multiple times that my first ever crush was Daphne from Scooby Doo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I ended up marrying a redhead. I'm going a Google list. I don't know what she looks like.
Speaker 2: Something called Kenna Grace is going to play Daphne in Netflix's live action Scooby Doo series. Let's see here, can I Grace?
Speaker 4: I mean, she doesn't have red hair. Well, what are we doing?
Speaker 3: They can change that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, they can.
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 4: I don't know? And then come on, it's not right. No, it's not right at all.
Speaker 3: It's not like Scooby Doo's being played by a cat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's yeah, that's not my Daphne. I mean the guy who plays with Tenant ten has legs. It's not my lieutenant, Lieutenant ten.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm stupid, I'm not smart. They hired a gal that doesn't have red hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well the hunchback guy doesn't actually have a hunchback.
Speaker 3: Still seems mean to me. Yeah, they can't help it.
Speaker 4: What did they call him?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 2: Black Rock is the world's largest asset management firm, and they surveyed a bunch of people and they said, hey, how much do you think you need to retire comfortably?
Speaker 5: Question?
Speaker 4: I don't want to know Rosie's answer to this.
Speaker 2: What was the average response the amount of money you would currently need to retire at a comfortable level?
Speaker 4: Good question? Thanks?
Speaker 3: Three million dollars?
Speaker 4: Yeah, two and a half, two million, two million and one. We're fighting zach lies in the weeds.
Speaker 2: He steals all answers with prices, right rules, and technically he wins because the answer is two point one million.
Speaker 4: Well done, two point and everything right. Hell.
Speaker 2: The other thing that I would my follow up to this would be retire though at what age? At sixty five? Because if you retire at forty that number would be different than if you retire at sixty five. So I'm just curious. Are they saying this is standard retirement age, that the goal should be two point one? I have no idea. That seems high. But whatever, you know, question, It all depends on your lifestyle too, right, if you want to maintain your lifestyle, if you want to go off the grid. But like some of us, when we retire, I want to go full Kazinski and just find a log cabin and send letters. Yeah, you know, not with bombs that I'm just letters. Yeah, handwritten notes. My handwriting is immaculate. I don't want to waste that.
Speaker 4: Mine's terrible. It is, okay, it is. That's not good.
Speaker 2: Two birthdays today. Who's older doctor dre or John Travolta.
Speaker 4: Who's Volta?
Speaker 2: Doctor dre or John Travolta, John Travolta, by a Lie Travolta, Zach. They all say, Travolta, hold on, I'm listening. I gotta play it. I'm gonna play it off my phone.
Speaker 4: Oh good, you got the what the name dropping you? What? Tyler mentions that he knows you.
Speaker 2: Uh, and we get a shout out to okay, let's go back by the way. Trivolt Is Whaleder Walder seventy sixty.
Speaker 3: One said, yeah, I alway Zach twenty bucks on.
Speaker 5: Venmo for that tweet.
Speaker 1: Helloaded the boys the Power Trip morning show back in the Twin Cities.
Speaker 4: I have a bunch of good guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Zach. Well the highlight of the morning.
Speaker 4: You guys made the Olympics. So your your tweet got us a national plug.
Speaker 2: Yeah, work, brother, and Tyler's going to send you twenty bucks on Venmo.
Speaker 4: Well done.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: There's no way to know this, But.
Speaker 2: Does Zach have more national tweets on TV than anybody in the history of Earth?
Speaker 4: Probably? Yeah, a lot of people.
Speaker 2: I have. The answer is Trump. Trump's tweets had been broadcast more than anyone. Yeah, I think Zach's a close second. Yeah, I think you are. Trump's tweets have been probably broadcast at about one point nine billion times.
Speaker 4: And Zach's had three, so you might be in second. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, batting average is one of the best. I would say, there you go. That's fair because you're batting almost one hundred when you actually target broadcast teams.
Speaker 4: M h Man, big day for you. What are you going to do the rest of the day to celebrate? Oh? Man? Probably pop some champagne in the back, you know.
Speaker 2: The bosses on the hall was like, do something to go viral, right, do something for social?
Speaker 4: You did?
Speaker 2: Yep, that's my come on, roll over, buddy, I got a social How about Sauce doing some work over there down the hall?
Speaker 3: I saw man look at you. I didn't know when did did you come back in and film that?
Speaker 4: We did it on Monday?
Speaker 3: Because I hear they were looking for you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah. Yeah, they're always looking for me, but they don't ever looked for you two. And that helmet was extra large?
Speaker 2: Is that an extra large helmet was the biggest one they had, Yes, sir, And it still looked like the fimble from Monopoly on top of on.
Speaker 4: On the top of the earth. Yep, yep.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, I don't think that helmet would on top of it.
Speaker 3: Ye's good.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't think.
Speaker 2: I don't think that helmet would have saved you if something landed on your head. No, but the Lord looks over me. Huh, take that, check mate. How can daph need be a blonde? What are we doing? There's a thing called wigs. Hawk wears them all the time around my dad. Well, it's like that seventy show and Donna went blonde.
Speaker 4: Take your words for I never watched it. Pull your hands up, Donna. Marky, Mark Parrish, you're the best, dude.
Speaker 3: Love you, love you guys.
Speaker 5: Be good.
Speaker 4: Hey, I love you brother, I love you, Perry. Take what a story? Mark? All right? Nine to noon is next. We return them all five thirty to nine right here on the power too. What are you trying to find you?
Speaker 5: Day?
Speaker 3: You too have a dad, But you take care of yourself till it's gonna be a good day.
Speaker 4: What every day is a good day By