Speaker 1: I didn't get to do training news yesterday, so I just wanted to do a couple of quick stories. The average customer spends one hundred and fifty dollars on unnecessary tips. Sixty four percent of people say they've tipped, even for poor service. Many psych guilt as the reason why they do it, or pressure from the actual tip screens and tip prompts on tablets make sixty six percent of people feel pressured to actually give a tip, which, by the way, tipping is now spread to everywhere.
Speaker 2: It seems like, now.
Speaker 1: That you know that the gas station asked me for a tip the other dollar, I went inside to go buy you know, my energy drink and stuff like that, and they actually gave me the thing, and they're like, it's I asked you if I wanted to tip the guy behind the counter at the gas station.
Speaker 3: I used to be really intimidated by the tip screen, like the iPad that they would flip to you, and anymore, I really like, if it's something that is not necessary for me to give a tip, I just I click it to zero.
Speaker 2: Do you really?
Speaker 3: I really do nowadays because I used to. But the one that I do agree with on there is if you go out to eat, no matter what, even if the service is so bad, I always give at least twenty percent.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel like the server shouldn't get dinged, but they probably should because they probably did a horrible job, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's like always the server. What if it's like the cooks are backed up or something, But.
Speaker 1: Then they should come out and explain it to you, true, like throw the cook under the bus.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I rot that. I want your honesty.
Speaker 1: I want you to come out and say that, son of a you know, I want you to tell me that. Don't make it seem like you forgot about me. I hate when they forget about you. Remember, speaking of gas stations, we talked about the new what is the new gas station? That's a Shields Sheets Sheets are opening up. This was a survey that was done and they said in the survey that wah Wahs and BUCkies are no longer America's favorite convenience store. They ranked Quick Trip as America's top convenience stores. I don't even know what a quick trip is. That's quick with K W I K, but it's like a stopping go, like a quick just taking a quick trip Quick Trips were number one. Wah wah, and sheets tied for second place. Uh, while is this right? There's another quick quick trip with a Q uh was right behind and BUCkies was low. They actually had BUCkies down low, which everybody says that BUCkies is great.
Speaker 2: Are there a lot of BUCkies.
Speaker 3: Though I've never been to the books?
Speaker 1: Uh, everybody wears the merch like everybody, like you know what I mean, Like you see where do people buy it?
Speaker 3: If they step daughter has the pick pajama pants. She literally was wearing them last night with the did she did she buy him online or something like Amazon?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 3: She went to a BUCkies when she was down for a track and field thing in Texas.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and that's where they got it.
Speaker 1: Forty six percent of workers have considered quitting over emotional exhaustion. So this is while fifty percent of people have done that. Many people have feel like they're unfulfilled with their jobs and they're exhausted. So they actually said that they would go in and realize that this wasn't getting any better and they quit. Which I think we've had a couple of people here that have been emotionally exhausted and that was one of the biggest reasons that they decided that they didn't want to do this anymore, which I get, you know what I mean. I think once you lose your passion of something like I could not imagine doing a job, and I've been really blessed to do a job that I'm passionate about going to do. But I know that there's many people that they just go every single day and they show up and it's yeah, I've been there. And then this is a wild one. We talked about it before Artificial Puppy Love. One in five high schoolers have had a romantic AI relationship hip or know someone that has. One in five people have actually said that they've gone to AI to mess around. We did that War of the Roses how many weeks ago, and that was the guy there was like a I'm having an artificial intelligence, you know, you know affair.
Speaker 2: That's wild.
Speaker 1: Though in high school you would think that high school kids would actually have the ability to meet.
Speaker 2: Somebody, but they're not. They're wanting to do it artificially.
Speaker 5: I mean, they're growing up with it, you know, so it's more prevalent probably in their everyday lifestyle than it is.
Speaker 1: In would you, like with having kids, would you guys make sure your kids are staying away from their computers if they're like on their AI friending, like having AI friends?
Speaker 2: Yeah, interesting, Like.
Speaker 1: Does it would that be embarrass you to know that your kids had AI friends?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. It depends.
Speaker 3: It's a time thing. It's not even that they have AI friends, it's that they're dedicating their time to something that's not real when they could be doing something better and real.
Speaker 2: With that time.
Speaker 5: Josiah's mom literally told me earlier this week that he was in his room talking and yelling and she was like, she went into his room, was like, what's going on in there? And he was on chat GPT. I think it was with an AI teacher that was giving him voice lessons, so as he wants to be a voice actor, he was utilizing AI to tell him how to switch his tone, how to switch his cadence.
Speaker 3: So okay, see, yeah that's kind of amazing.
Speaker 5: But I think of like, I mean, that's not a friend. That's like a lesson. But there's benefits depend on how you use it.
Speaker 2: Learning a skill starts with a teacher and with the girlfriend. I've seen those movies too, right? Is this weird for me to say? Today?
Speaker 1: I cleaned my car out of all of the water bottles that I had in the back seat, and I brought them in here and I'm gonna make Gina throw these away from me.
Speaker 2: But look at how many water bottles I had in my back seat in my gosh, you gotta get it. You just the bag the bag. And then I'm driving down the street and all I hear is that.
Speaker 3: Is one of my absolute pet peeves is when I have something in my back seat passenger side that's rolling around.
Speaker 2: This is literally look at look at how hydrated I am? Are? They all empty? Though they are? Well? None of this one's got one hold on finished. How long has that been in there? Bacon's been in my back and I don't know? Amanda, what's up? Amanda High?
Speaker 4: Good morning everyone?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: We're great, We're almost at for the weekend. We're almost ready for it. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So going back to that tipping thing, I'm a server. Tipping has totally gotten out of control the way that I see it. We're not debating if servers should get a fair hourly wage. We all know that that's not that's here north there. But like, let's take a Starbucks employee, for example, they get a good hourly wage they get I don't know if it's livable anymore.
Speaker 1: And I also yeah, and they also get sometimes there's school paid for too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you feel, exactly, you feel guilty to.
Speaker 4: Have to give a tip, right those places where they already have a wage that they're getting. Why why do I got to tip you? I make three dollars an hour? Yeah, like that's you know, that's we're tipping an actual service that is being provided.
Speaker 3: You know, there's somebody who goes above and beyond.
Speaker 1: Starbucks, right right, right, absolutely, And we can debate the whole carry out thing. You know that the person basically threw stuff in a bag, But there's a difference between giving a tip to the guy that literally just scooped my stuff and Chipotle or the person that literally had to make like the the whole sandwich like in sit there.
Speaker 4: And exactly, and that guy is getting a good wage to do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. You know, it's funny, is I just feel like we're not you know.
Speaker 4: And employees only get three to four dollars an hour. I feel if they want that chip so bad make.
Speaker 2: I think the iHeart Radio app should have a tip button on there. What do you think about that? Man, I would dip y'all.
Speaker 1: Y'all, I'll tell you what you would not, by the way, you're a liar, Yes, I would.
Speaker 4: I listen to you guys every single day.
Speaker 5: I would happily send y'all cash app keV knows and I will keep them myself.
Speaker 2: That puts the hat down, and if keV does a good remix, we'll tip them next