Speaker 1: And an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk. We're here with Andy pot has his big brother, biggest fan, ta Oscar Hernandez Tayo. You saw the results first voting and your guy, Andy Poe has leads all nationally go outfielders and votes. How proud are you that fans are recognizing his season?
Speaker 2: I mean, first, I'm not surprised because of the work that he's been doing, especially that we have a lot of players now performing the work the way that we wanted to be performed. Some of them, including myself, are in the IL. But he's been doing great so far. He's been leading the offense for us to be where we are right now, and so he deserves to be there. He deserves to be uh the number one center field for the all start and hopefully we can see him starting in Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: He doesn't do a lot of talking. That's why I'm coming to you. You're his campaign manager, right, you got to get the votes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm gonna go into my social media and then trying to put some special for him so the people can see him and everything that he's been doing. Fun for the team.
Speaker 1: You both have put in so much work. But the difference between you guys and others is this has lasted not just weeks, but months. How has he been able to keep it going for as long as he has?
Speaker 2: You know, he's more mature. He understands everything that has to do with a season better. His handle the struggles way better than last year or the year before that. And he just realizing the slums are gonna come back, games are gonna come so he just needs to stay focused and the things that he needs to do, the things that he knows how to do, and just believing himself and go from.
Speaker 1: The taoscar Hernandez is one of the greatest people you'll ever meet. We know the story of pot has his family, how they don't get to watch him play. You've been such a great support system for him. Is how has he handled all that to be able to just focus on baseball.
Speaker 2: I mean, when you have a person, when you have good people around you, I think it makes everything easier. He has a wonderful wife. I think that's one of the reasons he's been good dealing with those stuff, family stuff. I know it's hard to be away from from family, but at the same time, he's looking for for for one of the biggest rings in his life, that he's become a superstar player. Uh, and he knows that. He knows that if he keeps going the way he's going right now, his family someday are gonna be good and they're gonna be together.
Speaker 1: So he plays it off that the All Star Game doesn't matter to him, But do you think it means a lot to him to make the team? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean every player is, you know, one of the dreams for for all the rookie guys is one day to be in the All Star He wants to be there. He just not really he don't likes to talk about it, but yeah, he he well, one of the things that he wants to to achieve is to be an All Star and be his stars in the field. But he's he's just more focused in the season than anything else.
Speaker 1: One last question about Tao. So you're out with a left hamstring, but you're moving around pretty good. Tayo, you got a pretty good sweat going on. I saw you moving pretty well out there. How you feeling feel really good right now?
Speaker 2: I've been running a lot lately, but thank god it The hamstring is is good, nothing to worry about it. Hopefully I can be back in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: You think I could beat you in a race right now, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think so. I feel really good right now. So but yeah, if you feel the hamstring and everything that is going on is responding really good. So hopefully for this week. This week is a big one for me to start all like the baseball tivty, the way you should do it in the game. So this is the week that we pushed to the max and see how it goes. If you need me, I'm available, Okay, I will. I will let you know. Thanks Tale, thank you, thank you all, sir,