Speaker 1: Welcome to the Sounders FC Postmat Show. Sounders FC Soccker is brought to you by Delta Airlines, proud to donate one soccer ball for every mile rand by Sounders FC players this season through Rape Foundations One Mile one Ball program. Seattle Sounders FC is presented by Dellagher Benefits in HR Consulting helping businesses, communities and people face their futures with confidence, and by Provident Swedish official healthcare partner of Seattle Sounders FC. The Sounders FC Postmat Show starts now.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a good way to end the regular season. Three straight wins for your Seattle Sounders apparel, one to nothing wins and then today in New York City, a two to one victory. We've been talking about the narrative around the Seattle Sounders release. I have for the last few weeks not being able to close out games and losses, tours sorry, draws turning into losses, wins turning into draws, Needing to see this team close out a game and get the full points.
Speaker 3: And boy, we saw that today.
Speaker 2: It looked for a minute like it was gonna be the same old narrative. When we had a one to nothing lead, Jordan Morris puts a goal in the sixty first minute, Then in the eighty first minute, New York City equalize a deflected goal, a defensive mistake and a giveaway lead to a New York City goal makes it one to nothing. Late, No, we can't see this happen again. And we didn't see it happen again. Viaz Jackson Reagan. What a powerful header in the eighty seventh minute to give your Sounders a two to one win in New York City. It's gonna be a fun flight back across the country. This doesn't change anything in terms of seeding. There's still the five seed. They're locked into that to face either Minnesota, LAFC or San Diego in the first round of the playoffs. But the narrative, the monkey off the back, all of it gone and it's three straight wins sailing into the playoffs. Pete Viewing, What a game and what an atmosphere this team has around it going into the postseason.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you look at the RSL game or down eleven players and we find a way to get a win one zero come to New York. We really don't have a lot on the line except the pride and the opportunity for players to kind of make their mark and we find a way to win. Finding ways to win, especially in postseason is the answer, right, And so Jackson Reagan's emphatic header was fantastic. He got up, he was strong, pretty much out muscled, if not through the New York City defender out of the way, and then he buried the header and it was a great service from Danny Lava, which I thought was interesting because Albert Rusnik was on the field and he didn't hit the service maybe late in the game and Danny was over there. So Danny is good at serving those balls in and that's not unusual. But I thought it was good. I thought it was good for the Sounders. Danny Jackson just said, you got to give credit to Craig Wibele and Sean Anderson and Corey Sinzer for the depth of this squad. We did not have our two starting center midfielders who are both you know, just coming off international duty. So when we come back to postseason, it'll be a great opportunity for Brian Schmeenster to really and his staff they vet everything and it's not Brian just making a decision. He's got a lot of good minds in that coaching room and they'll come up with a lineup that will be very, very competitive.
Speaker 2: There's so many different pieces I want to go off, so absolutely, let me just let me just quickly say a line since you mentioned Danny Leva, a line that I told you. I want to say it was before the game, might have been in during a commercial break at some point during the game, but I said, when you look at today and what.
Speaker 3: They're playing for.
Speaker 2: And we talked about this in the pregame show, what are these guys playing for? Because they're locked into the five seed and you talked about pride and you talked about, you know, the competition aspect of it and getting in good run of form and the competition aspect. I kind of keyed on that and I said, man, you know, Danny lave is a guy where he's not gonna take o better Christian spot.
Speaker 3: It's obvious. But in a.
Speaker 2: World where Obin Vargas gets sold, Danny Lavis says, I want to be the starter next to Christian rolled on and I need to have games and I need to have performances that tell Brian Schmitzer, hey, I deserve that spot and today is one of those games where he can point to it and say, hey, Brian, I had a great game. And Danny Laves had an impressive year and his ability to play the ten, his ability to drop back. I just loved what I've seen from Danny Lave this year and this and that assists it all goes into it, so it's great. But Pete, the story of today and our Toyota Man of the match is Jackson Reagan, because your local Toyota doers are proud to present today it's man of the match Jackson Reagan.
Speaker 3: Pete viewing.
Speaker 2: Yes, he gets the goal, but I send out on social media about two minutes before the goal happened. Not that I'm tooting my own horn, but I will. I he said before the goal. He's man of the match for me in a one to one game. And Pete, I think Jackson Reagan, even without the goal, was sensational today. And then he puts the goal in and it's just a no doubt or Jackson Reagan had one of his best games as a professional today.
Speaker 5: He's been so good on the ball. He's in the right place at the right time.
Speaker 4: I'd add Alex rolled on to being in the right place, he was the right time and getting rid of ball.
Speaker 5: Alex did not try.
Speaker 4: To be cute and play little short, tippy tappy passes. He got He got to a ball and knocked it out. Jackson slid and on Morales's shot and forced him to go wide.
Speaker 5: And so I think, I'm with you.
Speaker 4: I thought he was great and then for him to get that header and then you missed that.
Speaker 3: You want to You've always talked about center backs and.
Speaker 5: Hitting the ball.
Speaker 3: That's what you like.
Speaker 5: I love it because they've got the size.
Speaker 4: He's six four six', five he's physically, strong he's, capable AND i mean he showed that header right. There that's his second goal of the. Year and he knows. That he's heard it from so many, people the, pundits the coaching.
Speaker 5: Staff, you, yeah they want. TO i. DID i went to golfer than one day and, said you got to get four or five.
Speaker 4: Goals they, said you're better Than Walker. Zimmerman you got to score some goals and uh. Uh and so it's a thing THAT i think that gives him some. Confidence we're we've said it already That morris getting a goal in this Game reagan getting a goal in this game that was important for their mentality going.
Speaker 5: Forward whoever we get in the.
Speaker 2: Playoffs it's just, great, great great all. Around there's a lot to talk about continuing from this. Game we're going to go for the next fifteen minutes or. So we'll mention That SOUNDERS Fc soccer is presented By, Providence swedish official healthcare partner Of SOUNDERS. Fc also That Delta airlines is partly don one soccer ball for every mile ran By SOUNDERS fc players this season Through Ray foundation's One, Mile One ball. Program it's A sounder win three straight wins as the playoffs. Begin we'll talk about that coming up later as. Well sounders Beating New York CITY fc on the road will have more on the postgame show come up. Next Sports radio nine FIFTY.
Speaker 6: Kjrm want the same expert advice from the pros at a discount tire store while shopping for tires, Online Meet treadwell your personal tire. Guide treadwell is an online tire buying guide that gives you personalized recommendations based on your, location driving, habits and tire. Performance just enter your vehicle, info zip code and driving routines and Then treadwell will match you with the perfect tire for your. Vehicle shop for tires With treadwell at discount tire dot. Com let's get you taken care.
Speaker 7: Of At Columbia, bank our business is about rooting for. Yours our dedicated bankers are experts at helping you navigate financial solutions centered around your small. Business as a top RANKED sba lender In, seattle our customers trust us to put their needs. First we believe that when small businesses, grow our communities. Thrive Columbia bank is the official banking partner Of SOUNDERS. Fc Visit columbiabank dot com to learn. More columb be a bank REMEMBER.
Speaker 3: Fdic hey, There sounders.
Speaker 8: Fans all of us at Sound transit love when you take the train to the, match but we want to remind you to use crosswalks and obey traffic signals near. Tracks trains are quieter than you, expect travel in both, directions and approach at varying speeds that are difficult to. Judge the amount of time you might save by ducking or going around a crossing gate isn't worth risking your life. For so next time you're buy a, track play it. Safe that way we all.
Speaker 3: WIN a message From Sound.
Speaker 9: Transit this Is Paul rothrock With Seattle SOUNDERS. Fc i'm a big fan of our, Charity Ray foundation and how they use soccer as a vehicle to inspire kids to be, well to, learn and to have. Fun rave is on a mission to build small fields for free play Across. Washington rave met its twenty six fields by twenty twenty six goal early and is now working to build twenty six more fields and communities of need right in time for the twenty twenty Six World. Cup Join raves twenty six more fields by twenty twenty six movement today by Visiting Ray foundation dot org slash.
Speaker 10: Donate Quarterback Jordan love isn't just On Green bay's, Team he's also on The American Family insurance team because like, us he believes in dreaming.
Speaker 1: Fearlessly just chase your dreams and don't let nobody holds you, back.
Speaker 10: And we help protect those dreams with the right coverage so you can dream. Fearlessly American Family insurance get a quote and find an agent AT amfam dot.
Speaker 5: Com products not available in every. State American Family Mutual Insurance.
Speaker 6: Company, Yes i'm a to Operating company six, Thousand American Parkway, Medicine.
Speaker 11: WISCONSIN i have to CONFESS i was very excited to call nine one one finally a good, one you, Know, like AND i realize that while What i'm about to say is, true it sounds. Suspicious So i'm, like my wife fell down this stair from.
Speaker 3: This Multiple netflix.
Speaker 2: Specials Comedian Tom singara brings this new tour Come together live but The Emerald Queen.
Speaker 3: Casino we've been Center, Saturday uber twenty.
Speaker 2: Nine got tickets now At emeralqueen dot.
Speaker 1: Com you're listening to the home Of SOUNDERS, Fc seattle's Sports radio nine FIFTY.
Speaker 3: Kji, yeah that's.
Speaker 2: Right sounders taking care of business three straight, times taking care of business as they close out the regular season with a third straight, win one nothing OVER, rsl one nothing Over, portland and now a two to one win Over New York CITY fc on the. Road as The sounders have done what they needed to. Do they got the five, seed they were locked into that before the, season before the, game and now they enter the postseason with three straight. Dubs it is time For Emerald casino play the, match and it has got to Be Jackson reagan's.
Speaker 3: Winner Latell whipton outswinger headed.
Speaker 7: Down, Oh Jackson.
Speaker 11: Reagan it's been a brilliant performance By jackson defensively and now he steps up and hammers a header into.
Speaker 3: The back of the net and The sounders lead to to one here In New.
Speaker 2: York quieting the crowd there In New? York Did Jackson reagan with the? Winner the play of the match is presented By Emerald Queen, casino the betting capital of The. Northwest So Jackson reagan enters the postseason in good, Form, pete as you, mentioned as Does Jordan.
Speaker 3: Morris he gets that header.
Speaker 2: Goal we talked pregame about HOW i thought He we both thought he absolutely needed to score today to get off the, schneid to get that. Confidence and boy what that that can happen with his goal here.
Speaker 5: Today, yeah, Absolutely and it was a good.
Speaker 4: Goal it was a great ball in From Albert rusnik and he just did what he was needed to, do which was just going to nudge it, on flick it onto the back. Post that goes in in THE, epl that goes in in The. Bundesliga that's a very good, goal goes in an international. Play both both our goals today were really Pretty and For, jordan you can tell when he wanted to step up and take the penalty kick in the last.
Speaker 5: Game that is an.
Speaker 4: Indication that's That's Jordan morris SAYING i got to get, BACK i got to get a.
Speaker 5: Goal and unfortunately he missed on the pk last.
Speaker 4: Week so for him to get that now he can he can just kind of breathe a little. Easier and we talk about this with. Forward you Heard Danny jackson talk about. It they can be streaky and and but they have to have. Confidence and so for him to get, that good For Brian schmetzer for giving him that. Opportunity and now we come into the, postseason whoever we're, PLAYING i think we're coming in unfortunately About pedro De, levega but we're coming in pretty, deep uh and we have two players rested that probably really needed a rest In ovid and Uh christian and maybe Even georgie as.
Speaker 5: Well so we're in a good spot right.
Speaker 4: Now unfortunately we're not hosting we we'd love to have two home games and one on the road in the first you, know group of three in the first this first, round but or second, round right because it's playing, so BUT i think we're in a good spot AND i think For Jordan, morris he's.
Speaker 2: Confident, well let's come back and let's talk about that because The sounders have won today and you get to win. Tomorrow down with McDonald's app and redeem your free Mich chicken tomorrow with any purchase of two dollars or more at your locally owned and operated McDonald's. Restaurant download the McDonald's at today and check out the deals waiting for, you including that free Make chicken tomorrow with two dollars purchase or. More we'll also see if we might be able to fit in an injury update On pedro Dale. Vega we'll tell you what, happened and we'll talk about the playoffs ahead for The Seattle. Sounders sounder is getting a big win today At New York city two to. One we'll wrap up the postgame show next On Sports radio nine to FIFTY KJR.
Speaker 12: Am sound is fans looking for behind the scenes, content interviews with your favorite players and, coaches and expa x's and o's. Analysis make sure to check out The SOUNDEST fc podcast with The Captain Brad evans and, Myself Steve Za.
Speaker 7: Kwani whether you're a diehard, sounder, faithful a lover of the beautiful, game or thinking of attending your first match At, lumenfield this show is for. You with weekly episodes available wherever you get your. Podcasts check us out as your source Of Sounders soccer across The, Sound join the Put. Go sounders At Columbia bank are business is about rooting for. Yours our dedicated bankers are experts at helping you navigate financial solutions centered around your small. Business as a top RANKED sba lender In, seattle our customers trust us to put their needs. First we believe that when small businesses, grow our communities. Thrive Columbia bank is the official banking partner Of SOUNDERS. Fc Visit columbiabank dot com to learn. More Columbia bank MEMBER.
Speaker 3: Fdic you'll get more.
Speaker 13: Than you expect with mcvalue at, McDonald's so when you've spent too much on a night, out get deals on the. Afterpart when you've got date, night get deals on favorites that'll make you their. Faithuite and when you've got family for the, weekend we've got.
Speaker 10: Breakfast buy one add one for a dollar now with, sausage mcgriddles and other breakfast.
Speaker 3: Favorites christ and participation may. Vary CAN i be combined with combo meal valid for item of equal or lesser? Value Bet Up Up.
Speaker 7: Up providence in SOUNDERS fc proud to continue The Community assist of The. Match The Community assists of The match will help elevate individuals and organizations who stand tall for, justice equality.
Speaker 3: And community well.
Speaker 7: Being each, match SOUNDERS fc And providence will proudly recognize one exceptional nominee during an exclusive halftime. Feature to nominate a hero in your, community please visit soundersfc dot com Slash Community assist for a chance to be recognized as Our Community assist of The.
Speaker 6: Match want the same expert advice from the pros at a discount tire store while shopping for tires, online Meet treadwell your personal tire. Guide treadwell is an online tire buying guide that gives you personalized recommendations based on your, location driving, habits and tire. Performance just enter your vehicle, info zip, code and driving, routines and Then treadwell will match you with the perfect tire for your. Vehicle shop for tires With treadwell at discount tire Dot. Com let's get you taken care.
Speaker 8: Of hey, there, fans all of us at Sound transit love when you take the train to the, match but we want to remind you to.
Speaker 5: Use crosswalks and obey traffic signals near.
Speaker 8: Tracks trains are quieter than you, expect travel in both, directions and approach at varying speeds that are difficult to. Judge the amount of time you might say by ducking or going around a crossing gate isn't worth risking your life. For so next time you're buy a, track play it. Safe that way we all.
Speaker 1: WIN a message from Sound. Transit you're listening to the home Of SOUNDERS, Fc seattle's sports radio nine FIFTY kjr.
Speaker 2: Wrapping up the postmatch show following A sounders two to one win today over At New York CITY. Fc it will start the playoffs coming up here next, week and we will see exactly that situation come up in a moment before we talk about the playoffs. Ahead for a, moment we do not have a specific, update but we can say That pedro De vega left this match in the twentieth minute due to a right knee in.
Speaker 3: Injury pete just.
Speaker 2: To kind of go back and talk about what we talked about on the halftime show with nothing specific other than knowing it's.
Speaker 3: A right knee. Injury what was your two cents on what we saw From?
Speaker 4: Pedro, well as he, turned he just twisted and it wasn't, Malicious there wasn't necessarily big contact and when he, landed just a look on his face and the way he looked at his knee and pointed at his. Knee it's one of those, that, again you, know we're four thousand miles, away, right so so it's total, speculation but it just reminded. Me it didn't remind me of a, Fracture it didn't remind me of a. Poll it reminded me of kind of a weird, thing which tends me to think some kind of dislocate and we. Did we could see that something didn't quite look. Right so, again no medical, doctor but that that was my first. Thought and then based on and and also based on the way the stretcher crew was not in complete. Panic it's one of those where, okay we just got to slide this thing back in place in this to be two, three four. Weeks but, again this is a former college soccer, well two, three four weeks would put it into the, playoffs And i'm hopeful that he'll come back because he was. Not he also his, reaction he have the thumbs up as he came. Off he was not smacking the ground crying like, okay my season's. Over that did not like look his response it was, more look at, this that's weird and you could tell it was a bit of. Pain but, anyway we'll see what happens and.
Speaker 5: Hopefully he gets back really.
Speaker 2: Quick we will see exactly what that looks. Like but for The, sounders they are heading to THE audi twenty twenty FIVE Mms cup. Playoffs, now today's decision day matches in The Western conference are kicking off at six pm that that will determine the. Opponent because our seating for the playoffs is locked. Up we are the number five, seed the question is who's going to be the four. Seed so those matches at six pm are, happening and we know that we are going to be playing EITHER Lafc minnesota Or San diego in the first. Round we are also guaranteed that we'll be hosting the second match of that first round best of three. Series tickets for that match will go on sale On, Monday october, Twentieth so grab your tickets At sounders fc dot com backslash. Tickets but the opponent right, Now minnesota is the five. Seed it could BE, lafc it could Be San Diego. Pete of those three, teams and we've seen them a bit this. Season who do you?
Speaker 5: WANT i know your rationale and it's hard to disagree.
Speaker 2: With, well, well before you talk about what's your, WELL i do we have different.
Speaker 4: ANSWERS i want to stay away FROM la for as long as. Possible, yes, Say belonga And sun up front are just such a. Handful they scare, me, right but BUT i LIKE i Think San DIEGO i thought has had a very good. Year they've tapered a little. Bit but for, me It's. Minnesota if you can break them down. Early they have a funny it works when a coach has a philosophy and the players stick to, it it can be very.
Speaker 5: Effective this is very. Effective they get five at the.
Speaker 4: Back they don't care if they have, possession so you got to break them. DOWN i think we have enough guys that could break them. Down, okay and So i'm Going. MINNESOTA i THINK.
Speaker 3: I would be with.
Speaker 2: You If pedro wasn't a question, MARK i think we would have the guys to break them. Down they would still scare me defensively in a situation where defense wins. Championships In minnesota has a good. DEFENSE i Want San diego BECAUSE i think some of the aura of their inaugural season success has worn. Off we beat them one nothing at. HOME i think that they are not as good of a team now as they were three four months, ago AND i want to face and do to them what happened To Saint louis in the first round of their inaugural season a few years, back where they you, know crashed out. Early i'd like to do that To San diego because they. Haven't they aren't playoff tested like The sounders are playoff. Tested so that's my two, Cents BUT i think we are in very very much. Agreement, pete please KNOW.
Speaker 5: Lafc, YEAH i like your comments on. That so, yeah anybody But.
Speaker 3: La anybody But. La we will see what.
Speaker 2: Happens those games kick off at six, o'clock just at what twenty five minutes, away and those games will end around eight, o'clock and then we'll know where The sounders will.
Speaker 3: Be headed next. Week all, right that'll do it for our.
Speaker 2: Broadcast want to Thank Danny jackson And Brad evans with a great. Call Jordan, thompson our broadcast. Producer, TODAY i want to Thank Pete fewing here on pre haf. Post my name Is Jackson. Feltz we thank you all for listening to Another sounders win three straight wins to close out the regular. Season we enter the playoffs as the five. Seed we'll have more information on THAT soundersfc dot, com my socials At jackson On, radio on all social. Media we'll have all that covered here as we will learn where The sounders are, playing who The sounders are playing. Against so have a good rest of your, evening, everybody AND Cbs Sports radio is coming up.
Speaker 1: Next you've been listening to The SOUNDERS fc Postmad. Show SOUNDERS Fc sucker is brought to you By michelobultra twenty five calories and two point six grams of. Cards it's only worth it if you enjoy. It By Discount. Tire wherever you're, Headed Discount tire wants to get you there. Safely shot for tires With treadwell your personal tire guide At discount tire dot com and By, Provident swedish official healthcare partner Of Seattle SOUNDERS. Fc tune in next time for more sounders fcsucker