Speaker 1: We are number one. We just grabbed every key. Demograt super duper.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 3: Fight a goo boy.
Speaker 2: That was good.
Speaker 4: Honey.
Speaker 5: It is the seventh day of August twenty twenty sixth. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to Friday of the Patch of Morning Show. You know it's Friday means a big day. We got another edition of the Initials Tournament happening today and so much more. So let's get her started. Here's some comedy from David Crowe Portrick Morning Show on a Friday morning. Come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 6: I think it's interesting on music has changed generations or how it defines people. I saw a Cadillac commercial and the background music was led Zeppelin for Cadillac.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I first thought, always check that out. Cadillac's trying to appeal to young people. That's when I.
Speaker 6: Realized, No, I think led Zeppelin just became old people music.
Speaker 4: Which is hilarious to think.
Speaker 6: You know, my grandparents aren't been in Lawrence Welk records anymore.
Speaker 7: They're at home.
Speaker 4: You know, grand is.
Speaker 6: Its grandkids can't out rebel their grandparents anymore.
Speaker 4: You can't shock the baby boomers, can you?
Speaker 3: People who lived through the nineteen sixties and said, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: Could a piercing in a tattoo? Go to Grammy's house.
Speaker 3: She's making toll house cookies, long tips and say working roadsides.
Speaker 8: Wee fee is on your side. You hear the distance, unger this lag, and then you strive.
Speaker 2: We made it to the end of the week.
Speaker 1: It is August seventh, Friday on the Power Trip Morning Shoe, I'm gory Koe. That's Chris Hockey, that's meat sauce, Paul Lambert, there's zach Alberson.
Speaker 2: Friday. No, Tommy Man. So what was going on in MSP because Tommy said there were power.
Speaker 1: Outages or something?
Speaker 2: Is that accurate? Or there was some kind of system outage?
Speaker 4: Really radio and radar, Radio and radar would like to hear a report.
Speaker 2: Sure, I got it for you right here.
Speaker 5: Let's see here you go.
Speaker 7: Tonight's empty skies across nine states, hundreds of flights unable to take off, others forced to divert after an outage at a major air traffic control facility that took out radar and air traffic control frequencies.
Speaker 9: Grounds up for all.
Speaker 10: Departures that on Minneapolis currently and expected up to day fifteen.
Speaker 9: After the next hour.
Speaker 7: The facility involved controls air traffic us a massive three hundred and thirty thousand square miles swath of the Midwest. This flight aware map tracking flights around the time of the shutdown, showing hardly any flights.
Speaker 2: In that area.
Speaker 10: You're one of our last rivals.
Speaker 7: We listen to the tower communications at Minneapolis Saint Paul Airport after they grounded all flights there.
Speaker 1: What's going on with here? BA Center shutdown, completely shutdown.
Speaker 10: I think you're having frequency and or radar issue.
Speaker 2: So that's what the issue is.
Speaker 10: And as of now, zero updates And.
Speaker 11: David, this is still all unfolding. The FAA systems are back up and running, but in many ways the damage.
Speaker 2: Is already done.
Speaker 11: Several hundred flights will be delayed for the next several hours. The FAA says they're still investigating what exactly caused this massive outage.
Speaker 1: All right, so that's why Tommy's not appearing this morning. He was stuck in Chicago, not being able to fly back because of that.
Speaker 5: So I guess my speculation was incorrect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all had guesses why he was quote stuck in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Stuck being the keyword.
Speaker 5: Correct, that's the thing. I was like, well, I guess, uh help me stuck come true?
Speaker 1: Yeah, kind of a sword in the stone situation, right, just maybe not. They're gonna have to fight to pull it out. Yeah, yeah, yeah, any other anybody on that family tree? Yeah right, So no time any day, but uh, Parish is going to come in early because he's going to play Initials anyway at fifteen, so he should be here.
Speaker 2: In like thirty minutes or so.
Speaker 1: But then Frank Vassilero later, our guy, Parker Fox later, Oh yeah, Alicia Lewis later, Mark Parrish of course, and then Rick Fields they all square off at age fifteen. Rickfield's the Initials Game Live tournament, a champions champion.
Speaker 5: Rickfield.
Speaker 1: What apparently Rick's a long term, long time, long term, long time Power Trip fan.
Speaker 12: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I guess he's been listening for a long time. That's the word on the street.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 2: He loves the show and apparently crush his initials.
Speaker 1: So and the P word, whoa, Well, we don't know that, we've never met him.
Speaker 2: Let's ask him. Do you think pizza is the PA word?
Speaker 5: Yeah? He does this for his problemse he's eating the wrong thing, definitely where he's like and he's like absolutely all the time, every day, man, that all time?
Speaker 1: Seven pizza people out? Great?
Speaker 2: What the best things about it?
Speaker 4: We?
Speaker 1: Where are you California guys? A little bit of cosby a little bit of Californians.
Speaker 2: It's available at Brinks market.
Speaker 5: All time?
Speaker 2: What's everything's available to brinks? Haven't you ever been to brinks?
Speaker 5: Like my peware with extra cheese?
Speaker 2: Yeah cheese?
Speaker 5: Yeah cheese? Did they need of cheeses?
Speaker 2: So that's at eight fifteen?
Speaker 5: Yeah, something about pizza?
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, great, yeah, it will be great.
Speaker 5: Football man, Yeah?
Speaker 2: Football? How great was that? Hag?
Speaker 5: That was awesome?
Speaker 1: Dude?
Speaker 2: Yeah so cool? Yeah it was sweet.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I loved every second of it. I watched all of it, did you twice? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I was watching it while I was on stage and uh and then uh you know, my phone, and then got home watched it again because I missed some stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good for you, thanks, man, saw none of it. I saw the catch by J. C. Trillicks on Sports Center. Yeah, Scirlicks is Trillicks. I could catch one hander.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Who does he play for? You played for Caroliner or Arizona J. C. Trillicks. Who does he play for? That's a very good question.
Speaker 13: I didn't you watched the whole game. We're asking that I did he plays for? I don't think he's a real guy.
Speaker 2: Nope, just made it up. Just wanted to see if you watched the game. I did. That was a test I passed.
Speaker 5: He did with flying Colors, So that means, by the way, flying Colors.
Speaker 2: It'll be Tommy when he finally takes off.
Speaker 5: Oh he's he's been home for hours.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, when his excuse didn't work.
Speaker 4: How much did you actually I actually watch?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm sure it was on I saw you tweeted at least a screenshot that you were having on it on the background. Were you actively watching the Hall of Fame game? Wasn't smiling?
Speaker 5: Actively do anything?
Speaker 2: Paul?
Speaker 1: The week's almost over. Just buckle up that it almost over a vacation.
Speaker 2: He's good. Yeah, what was the question? How much of the Hall of Fame game did you watch?
Speaker 13: Well, once my son pointed and said bootball, I'm like, that's pretty cute.
Speaker 1: All right, that'll do it. Probably ten minutes. So him saying bootball was the reason you turned it off.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to see it. Yeah, he had to go to bed. I put him to bed.
Speaker 5: You had to put him to bed.
Speaker 13: Then I picked back up when Hawk and I were talking on the phone while he was on stage as we were watching it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I missed about five minutes of it, but I saw it. So the other day you were texting me during the World Series of Poker main event. You're like, what a badass event. You're like, this is fun. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then I asked you yesterday would you rather watch the main event of the World Series of Poker Final table or the Hall of Fame game? And you're like, it's got to be the Hall of Fame game. And you watch ten minutes of it. Your son said bootball, and then you turned it off. Interesting, But this is what you've been waiting months for.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but month we can't, as Hawk said yesterday when him and I were talking, we can't overindulge on it right away or we'll get sick of it.
Speaker 5: You gotta tickle your little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so this is a tickle. You just got to tickle your fans. So this is this is the preseason, but this is football for play.
Speaker 13: Yeah, well son, Yeah, man, you's got to eat that pizza. Yeah, we got a whole week or hold on six days from today. We got like nine preseason games. We'll wet our whistle again there, and one of.
Speaker 5: Them is you'll missovacings coming up next Saturday.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's at noon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, perfect, preseason games when they're at noon or always super weird. Preseason games should always be at like six or seven o'clock. It feels weird.
Speaker 2: This is a stupid but I'm gonna ask it anyway.
Speaker 4: It's too late.
Speaker 13: Are these games at noon so they can get like a true dress rehearsal for like everybody involved, not the football players, but like everybody at the stadium and all that. Is that why they're at noon? Or are they at noon for like TV purposes? This seems like something Zacho would know.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 10: You're probably right, Yeah, I would guess it's just so they can it's definitely not TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever they want.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's a good point, but it's a I think it's more of like a dress rehearsal for everybody else, especially because most Giants games are going to be at noon. But uh yeah, just say that to their face. Well I would if I knew anybody who liked the giants, I mean, Hawk likes giant women.
Speaker 2: Sure, Uh, he'd you go to Costco?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 9: No, no, I did not.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, No I did not.
Speaker 5: Okay, I got good time there.
Speaker 2: Where are you going on vacation?
Speaker 4: Good question?
Speaker 13: Uh? Lake Geneva, Oh, Switzerland, lovely. Yeah, it's my my beautiful wife's birthday. So that's gonna meet Cresonlan in Switzerland.
Speaker 1: No, we're going to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Oh that's worse. I mean that's the drunken scannies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it'll be great. I can't wait. Yeah, did you think that? I actually thought Switzerland? No, I know you're not dumb. Day, You're not dumb.
Speaker 5: Going to do He's coming with us?
Speaker 2: Watch Bootball? Yeah, he's coming with us. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Does he wish he was staying home?
Speaker 13: I mean yeah, probably, but he'll have fun. It'll be great where we're staying as a sweet pool. There's a lake. It'll be awesome. Man, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Pond would be good for you. Oh yeah, they have that too. But yeah. We'll drive through Toma, right by the Dell graphicalodity.
Speaker 4: You have to stop.
Speaker 2: I think there's a casino somewhere close Toake Geneva.
Speaker 4: There's a casino close to everywhere in the Midwest.
Speaker 1: They it's like remember when when cell service maps mattered, right when you would go to get your cell phone and you'd be like, show me your coverage map. Oh yeah, that's those little circles, the bubbles, the cell service bubbles back in the day.
Speaker 2: That's how I feel about casinos.
Speaker 1: You're driving through the Midwest, like, I can feel one close and you google it narratives it's forty five minutes away. Yeah, so you're taking him to the casino.
Speaker 13: No, I just I like the wave of the casino. But yeah, it'll be great. What are you gonna get a Tooma?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's a geographical oddity. Yeah, geographic odity. You have to get gas, for sure. But I mean there's also every fast food joined the world. I don't think they have a canes, which is a good absolute joke. Probably put a canes in Tuma. I love calvers. M it's good.
Speaker 2: We'll do that. It'll be fun. And you've got how many days I'll be back on Wednesday?
Speaker 4: Durable?
Speaker 14: Okay, good man, good you got to see you may but now hogs Daniel, miss Bey, I didn't say you didn't see yes, and then you play initials one week from today. Yeah, man, that'll be fun. It's the last one, right, yep. Who do you got Matt Minster? Adam feeling but Gavin Gavin?
Speaker 2: Right? And then I'm a couple of Colorado I forgetting.
Speaker 13: Yeah, there's a couple of Colorado's in there, whom I forgetting our guy Daniel from.
Speaker 2: Oh Daniel Hastings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Daniel can play yeah, yeah, all right, and Matt Minster can play a little.
Speaker 2: Don mos donn most Happy birthday?
Speaker 1: Oh man, birthday with us?
Speaker 5: About j C. Shazas is playing?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, happy birthday, Jason. Yep, that's right, yes, No, maybe I didn't sink.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to remember Anthony Rizzo was not an in zync.
Speaker 4: Nope, he was a rat on the Muppets. I do believe that.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think of who elhould tell me he's playing next week? I think it's uh Esther Williams.
Speaker 4: Oh, who knows Esther Williams.
Speaker 5: I don't know that one swimming champion and actress from nineteen twenty one, Oh yes, what about you?
Speaker 1: I wonder why I didn't know that name.
Speaker 5: Aren't you? Did you tell me that Jerry Tartanian is playing next week?
Speaker 2: Tark the Shark.
Speaker 1: That's right, but I love Tark the Shark nucked on towels, man, what a weird thing. He would just put towels in his mouth. Yeah, and walk the sidelines after they were drenched in urine. Probably what Tark the Shark.
Speaker 5: Mel Tillis is playing. Uh, Bob cousy.
Speaker 2: Not a great day for birthdays. These are not the biggest playing. Yeah, that'd be fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the guy who invented the drink holder cooler.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that guy.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: Oh, I never knew that La is playing. Oh the stranger heard what I said? Hey, did you get Yes, I know we've talked about this in the past.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love Thomas Lennon. Oh hell, yes, that's Dangle. I know we've talked about this in the past. But no, there's the I think it's Amarello Slim, the poker player back in the day that used to have the birthday prop bet right, and he would walk into a room and basically bet bet you that some that two people in the room shared a birthday.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You ever heard this bit oh yeah, don't google it. Don't google because IM gonna ask you something about it quickly. So, how many days are possible to have a birthday on? Technically three hundred and sixty six? Exactly three sixty six, right, there's three hundred and sixty six days that you could have possibly been born on.
Speaker 2: Do you know how many people you have to have in a room? Random people you have to have in a room for there to be.
Speaker 1: A fifty to fifty chance that two of them share a birthday? What would you guess? This will kind of blow your mind if you don't, if you don't know about this for a second, and it's still impossible to guess because the math is tricky. But how many people do you need random people do you need to have in a room for there to be a fifty to fifty chance that two of them share a birthday?
Speaker 2: I think that I haven't looked it up this morning, but I'm pretty sure this is the number.
Speaker 4: What would you guess? Forty Zach? Do you know you want to guess?
Speaker 10: I know, like that it's a paradox or something right, where like you would think it's more but it's actually way.
Speaker 4: Less or something.
Speaker 2: Think it is was it one in.
Speaker 4: One hundred and eighty or something?
Speaker 2: I don't know, is it two.
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Two people people, Maybe they have the same birthday.
Speaker 1: I think you think if two people are in a room, there's a fifty to fifty chance they share this.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a terrible guest.
Speaker 1: What if which is crazy because your first guest was insanely close, because I believe the answer is twenty three.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, twenty three?
Speaker 1: What if?
Speaker 2: Maths is here?
Speaker 1: So, because I think Amillos slim back in the day, if there was thirty people in the room, I think it's something like seventy percent.
Speaker 2: So he always would take the bet if.
Speaker 1: There was thirty people in the room because he knew he was a heavy favorite then so he lost the bet once in a while, but he'd be like, there were thirty people. He would bet people, Hey, I bet there's two people in this room that share a birthday, right, Because it's not just hey, let's just have everybody's birthday and let's just see it. It's you have a one in three sixty five chance against that person, and then you have a one in three sixty five against that person, and that person and then everybody gets to do it, and when you do the math twenty three times over, apparently it's a fifty to fifty chance.
Speaker 2: If there's twenty three people not nuts. It does seem like it should be way more. That's a badst all. What Amaillo's that's a great nickname.
Speaker 5: Sound like a cigarette or a country singer.
Speaker 1: Probably both, but old school legend in the poker world as well. But I think he was kind of the king of prop bets and d cut and probably probably yeah. Man, So the next time you're in a room with twenty to thirty people and you don't really know them, bet somebody in the room that two people share the same birthday, and you're a favorite. Not guaranteed, but you're the favorite. No nuts win some money. He also some people, do you know what Yuri won the probably early seventies, seventy two what she won?
Speaker 2: Well, hang on.
Speaker 1: First of all, I believe back in the day in the World Series of Poker, they voted who was the best. It wasn't like they didn't actually play down to a winner. They played a series of games and then they actually voted who was the best dumb and then they had to tell everybody of course, you can't vote for yourself because every these are poker players. Everybody's like I'm the best. Yeah, how much did he win? My guesses it was nowhere near a million. I guess like maybe one hundred thousand, sixty sixty thousand.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's not very much.
Speaker 2: Pretty solid for nineteen seventy two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you should have quit nowhere near Lucas Jumalan's ten million from two days ago.
Speaker 5: Remember you beat Kylie Jenner.
Speaker 2: And Happy birthday Kylie?
Speaker 5: He did?
Speaker 7: He did?
Speaker 2: What you beat me?
Speaker 5: Who was gonnaoki?
Speaker 2: Who was going to play him in a biopic movie?
Speaker 5: Oh? Antonio?
Speaker 1: No, Happy birthday Antonio Banderis.
Speaker 2: You can get this?
Speaker 5: Was that Arquet?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Why do you like herd Man?
Speaker 2: I can get this?
Speaker 4: How can I get this?
Speaker 2: We talk about him a lot.
Speaker 4: We talk about him a lot.
Speaker 2: A really good actor.
Speaker 5: I mean, Matthew McConaughey.
Speaker 2: That's uh, what here else we talked about it.
Speaker 4: We talked about him yesterday.
Speaker 1: Matt Damon He Dan Peterson, Nope, nope, Adrian Peterson was not going to play Amarillo slim?
Speaker 5: Who was not going to play a slim?
Speaker 2: You so hard?
Speaker 1: Give me a hint because I don't remember the show at all yesterday. Give me a hint without giving it away.
Speaker 2: I'm not good at that.
Speaker 1: But uh, an actor that we always talked about, and we talked about him yesterday.
Speaker 2: He's played a lot of movies in Vegas. Nick Cage.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what he's playing, right, He's playing Johnny Madden. I guess, I guess.
Speaker 1: I'm I saw going straight Yeah, did you see that? I don't know if it went viral or not, but the tweet that I saw said it was like, Hey, the John Madden biopic is going straight to streaming and it's gonna skip the theatrical release. And somebody on my algorithm the response was, this is what they do when the movie's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you followed the bags.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even somebody that I follow. It was like, you know, it was the feet that just gets algorithmically fed to you and somebody like, this is what they do.
Speaker 2: What in the movie is there's no chance it's good? Does? He doesn't look anything like John Madden? But whatever you I hope it's good. Yeah, you forgot what John looks like.
Speaker 1: I do love Nick Cage, though, even though he's made some terrible movies, but he's also made some badass films.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Amberillos slim uh Yeah, it would have been interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah what if the whole movie just an hour and a half, him walking into bars and betting people share birthdays at ninety minutes, you just get to see how many times he wins the bet uh more of the powers. I why don't you after this?
Speaker 2: But sauce go.
Speaker 13: See my friends at gutter Helmet and gutter Helmet mn dot com. Don't waste a weekend cleaning out your gutters Gutterhelmet mn dot com.
Speaker 15: All right, Phraates, people at Northern Tool have been building equipment and fair bomday.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 4: Ours your morning shot, Come here alive.
Speaker 5: Friday morning, this shot, yep, that's.
Speaker 4: Right, fanam w.
Speaker 1: FINALIM taking in and.
Speaker 2: This is my god? It is man right, cool mode, that's right.
Speaker 5: Dinner being a heapsday, Cool mode.
Speaker 1: Now I'm feeling all its dead.
Speaker 5: Parish is here.
Speaker 2: I don't know head you not ready to say no?
Speaker 1: Go with us? Cool mode is.
Speaker 2: Sixty three yet.
Speaker 5: That's not too old, man, No, come in.
Speaker 1: Birthday is tomorrow with sixty four?
Speaker 4: Hi Mark, Hi? Are we doing guys?
Speaker 2: Good? Are you feeling good?
Speaker 1: Ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, as ready as I do every Friday. What a story, Mark, I thought it was one of my daughter once.
Speaker 2: I mean, you have the great unknown. We have no idea how good Rick's can it be?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 4: Frank can play too, Frank can play. Frank can play. Don't discount Parker or Alicia park I saw Parker Wednesday night at the Beauty League. He was a little nervous. I was already calming him down. So hey, you never know, get the right set of initials or the wrong ones. What the hell was he doing at the Beauty League? Taylor Heisey watching his wife. He's got a They got a great puppy, just beautiful. Oh no, I did nothing.
Speaker 2: Good looking dog Instagram. Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Taylor was playing after our game, the Element versus Tree. I believe I know that, Honey. A couple more. Yeah, this is the last year. There was a good crowd out there on Wednesday night, which was great. So I mean, it's it's it's a great event. The players love it. It's four and four and and you know all the all the proceeds go to charity, so it's it really is a great event. But at the same time, I understand it's it's a ton of work for Hankinson and MacAlpine and and this is kind of crunch time in the summertime for for agents and representatives and whatnot. So I can kind of see where it's, uh why, it's kind of they're ready to move on because.
Speaker 5: We can, right, I guess right, lady.
Speaker 16: Replaceable replaceable, Yeah, she did a new story about sauce replaceable.
Speaker 5: Why would we replace them?
Speaker 16: Because we can?
Speaker 2: Why does she do stories?
Speaker 4: I was so happy enjoying it.
Speaker 1: Let's think about it, like, you should be the most happy that we are guaranteed human because I for years was trying to build a case that meets us robot would save this company of fortune.
Speaker 16: Replaceable yeah, because.
Speaker 1: I'm like, we can do the same thing with the robot. The program can do the exact same thing. And now they're like, it's got to be guaranteed human. You can't have fake voice because we can. And again the clock's taken on that next next pamful of months or years, half the stations are going to be AI robots. So it was fun for a second to say guaranteed human. Yeah, that won't last. We tried we tried. Yeah, we did the public relations thing right. It looked good for a second. We're just going to pay humans. I mean, the brand is obviously human. That's clearly a real person.
Speaker 16: A gun and a grand give me a grand Oh my god, replaceable very.
Speaker 5: Well. Guys want the leftovers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's just do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, leftovers, sure love leftovers.
Speaker 5: Thank you me too, man, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: Do you like the live golf tournament? Sauce? I can't remember. I do not.
Speaker 2: I've watched it once.
Speaker 4: Oh I think I gave it about yeah, ten minutes.
Speaker 1: It's uh, that's how long Sauce watched a bootball. Yeah, ten minutes worth it.
Speaker 5: Well, an outside investor is swooping in to save the Live golf Tournament, whatever you call it. CEO Scott O'Neill announced an agreement with an as yet unidentified party to keep the money flowing after the Saudi government pulled its back in earlier this year.
Speaker 1: It's weird when you see a company that you're like, this thing is doomed to fail, and then they find somebody that has millions of dollars I'll throw money at it.
Speaker 2: It's like when you hear that somebody bought my space again. You go cute?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: Yeah, good luck with that, buddy. There must be rough having that much money. Can I ask probably an unanswerable question, can't wait, especially for radio.
Speaker 13: I would bet that the Saudi government. It's not even a question, no, definitely a statement.
Speaker 2: Here's my question. How do I wordless? Is a question? Don't start with a word that you know asks a question like who, what, when?
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 4: And why?
Speaker 13: Do you think it's bad that a the Saudi government, which probably has close to endless money, is backing out of that.
Speaker 5: I think they're bored.
Speaker 4: They're losing money.
Speaker 13: Yeah, but they threw so much money at everyone was close to anyone who has endless money. But they still are losing money. Correct and even like so it didn't to your point that guy, I don't do that. Don't put money in it, let it die out. And uh yeah, I mean I Bryson doesn't seem to want to do it. He'd rather just be a YouTube golfer.
Speaker 1: Apparently Seventh Avenue Pizzas behind the revival. I guess Matt's got that much money.
Speaker 2: Good for Matt? Yeah, how do you like to live?
Speaker 1: Golf tour?
Speaker 2: Love it I'll watch it every day went on.
Speaker 1: But you know the best part about the Live Golf Tour is that it's available at Brinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marketplace and Lunds yeah, and by your lease anywhere.
Speaker 4: Well, when I started working for the while, it was Fox Sports and they were losing a ton of money, and then it went to Bally's and they were losing a ton of money, and then uh FSN picked it up.
Speaker 13: Was a.
Speaker 4: I don't know ye whoever whoever picked it up last literally everybody, everyone that bought it within like two months was saying, oh, this is going to go bankrupt, So like, what what did you buy it for?
Speaker 8: It?
Speaker 1: Well, now, can we all just agree to not call it the zone? Do we have to say, watch the Wolves game tonight on does Zone? Pull your hands up? Those two over there will never have to worry about it.
Speaker 4: I honestly had no idea what you were talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, d a z end they'll have to worry by the rope. I don't like what you Where does the rope ring for you? In terms of clue murder weapons, I mean it's gotta be. I mean the revolvers the best one, that's.
Speaker 4: The laziest one. It's the laziest one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, candlestick's pretty Yeah, beaten it, beat death with a candlestick with Oh that's aggressive, that's some severe hate. That's why Tommy got stuck in Chicago.
Speaker 2: He loves the candle. Tommy in Chicago with the candlestick. Yeah, how does he put it out?
Speaker 5: He puts his snip together and blows.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: And the Eagles are extending their residency at the Sphere in Las Vegas. In a post on Instagram, the band said four additional shows have been added due to overwhelming demand. Okay, anuary. They booked seventy two shows at the Sphere since twenty twenty four, damn their longest, making their residency the longest in the venues history. I saw him once. It's awesome.
Speaker 1: Does the Sphere have an announced list of bands in the next year or two that are trending? Because obviously we heard the tool rumors that we talked about that even yesterday.
Speaker 2: I think is that a rumor?
Speaker 5: I thought it was confirmed?
Speaker 2: Is it maybe? But who else is?
Speaker 1: Like? Who else is around the corner? I know Metallica is playing, right, Metallica is playing the Sphere?
Speaker 2: Who else there? Video?
Speaker 5: Let me take a look at.
Speaker 2: Karen Leon.
Speaker 5: Oh he's talking a different language.
Speaker 2: He's doing dual lingo. He's keeping a streak going. Can I be mean for a second?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 13: Man, sure, Karen Leone, I've never heard of there that is there? But like tool or Day, Sure, what the hell is Karen Leo?
Speaker 2: Maybe car Leon?
Speaker 4: Well that's terrible.
Speaker 5: Maybe she's the best in the world.
Speaker 10: Mexican singer songwriter specializes in regional Mexican music.
Speaker 1: So you don't think she's good enough? You want her to go home? See? Yes, so you miss and you want her out of here? Yes you did.
Speaker 2: But why is that going on when we can.
Speaker 13: Have that.
Speaker 1: Joy? He's a person and he's playing the sphere.
Speaker 2: Karen Leone a dude, a guy. That's a big enough deal to play this sphere. You're not playing this spear.
Speaker 1: You know what else?
Speaker 5: Huge listener on the stream.
Speaker 2: He loves words.
Speaker 13: Sorry, Yeah, it's just Karen Leon, the Eagles and Metallica until at least March of twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Well, there you go.
Speaker 5: There'll be more at it. You wouldn't see, no doubt, no doubt, still the doubt.
Speaker 2: He was just agreed with me.
Speaker 5: There's no doubt. Kenny Chesney that show would be crappy, extreet boy. Karen de Leon the eaglays Metallica. I think Metallic already did something too, didn't they.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I know, I can't remember.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's starting October now, Truck, you're not going to that Perry who said I'm not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who said a good point? What are you Why you're trying to box him in? Yeah, don't box him in? Don't box me in? Why are you boxing?
Speaker 2: I'll of all of you, definitely booking the second Tool goes on sale, Yeah, and then the band Yeah, sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I want to see Tool in Vegas as close as possible.
Speaker 1: Again again from page Sports after this, Mark Parrish is here initials at eight fifteen, one hundred and twenty one thousand, five hundred dollars, potentially up for grabs with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union initials.
Speaker 2: Jackpot Fit is the Power to morning show on the Fan.
Speaker 8: Come on.
Speaker 2: From the one eight hundred.
Speaker 5: Ask you now, we're running really late, so we'll get right to sports. Mccrey remind me at some point are we running this late?
Speaker 2: We are, right? Yeah, yeah, this is front Pace Force.
Speaker 5: I gotta tell you, guys, I saw the inside of my my esophagus yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh hot, yeah, loaded my dad.
Speaker 5: Never mind, he cleaned it out for me.
Speaker 2: Oh he went with you, right he did.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He been warning to hold my hand while they snaked the camera down my throat. Oh yeah, I got to tell you what I saw.
Speaker 4: It's just the crazy, isn't it?
Speaker 13: First this time now for front paid sports presented by Holiday Station Store.
Speaker 1: Holiday Station Stores Mountain Dew four Mountain Dew twenty ouncers for just eight bucks, four for eight dollars. Mountain Dew at Holiday More Flavor More do more value, big flavor ice, cold refreshing flavor at Holiday, Thanks Holiday. Hell yeah, I'll get some mom dow at Holiday. Jamir Gibbs of the Detroit Lions three years, sixty seven point five million dollars. That's the highest paid contract in NFL history for a running back up to seventy five point seventy five million, with fifty one point five million guaranteed twelve overall pick in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: He's only twenty four years.
Speaker 1: Old, and as I tend to do from time to time, I like to try to attach trivia.
Speaker 2: To sports news.
Speaker 4: Welcome.
Speaker 2: Chris's half out the door to.
Speaker 4: Be like he's farting, I hope, so I assume he's being very nice to me trying to put it in the hallway.
Speaker 11: There we go.
Speaker 4: Thanks Hak, I appreciate that, bro, this sweet guy.
Speaker 2: Are they that bad hogs? Are they that bad hawk?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I had eggs.
Speaker 1: Very nice of you, all right, So check this out Jamiir Gibbs. Yes, I hope Sauce didn't read this. He might have though he reads sports news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, he does do that. This isn't the question.
Speaker 1: But anybody have any idea how many touchdowns Jamiir Gibbs has through the first three years of his career.
Speaker 4: Would you guess?
Speaker 5: You know, I bet it's less than we think, because, yeah, because he has.
Speaker 4: To split what's his name punches a lot of them men, Yeah.
Speaker 2: What's his name? What's the guy that normally punches in the touchdowns?
Speaker 5: Or you're talking about for the Detroit Lions. Of course, do you really want me to answer this or you're just being silly? No, if you already know this, and I think Bill Scars Guard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bill scars Guard or Dan Levy.
Speaker 5: It's one of the two. They have a couple of different guys.
Speaker 2: From ass Creek.
Speaker 5: You heard what I said.
Speaker 4: Fifteen fifteen, you said, I'm gonna I'm gonna go seventeen.
Speaker 2: He has had to split a lot of time with David Montgomery.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has forty nine. Oh my lord, No, that's all nice. And he's had a split time and he has forty nine. So that's not only is it impressive, it's the record, well some of him has the most in NFL history for a player through his first three seasons, breaking the previous record of forty seven. Here's the trivia question set by blank. Adrian Peterson Lt. Lawrence Taylor played defense, Tom Kidding No, Eric Dickerson Nope, Dusty mind nopeyon very Sanders Fellow detroit lyon running back Barry Sanders.
Speaker 4: Both of them are incredible to watch.
Speaker 13: I think in two thousand and six, Laadian Tom Winson had I think it was thirty total touchdowns. Yesterday on PA's show, Charts announced his new Fantasy Football World show and that will be back on Saturdays. He thinks Gibbs could have a similar season this year because there's no Montgomery, there are defenses bad. They're going to be behind a lot and they're going to score a ton of points.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just rushing alone in his first three seasons ten touchdowns, then sixteen, then thirteen. But he also has ten receiving touchdowns in the last three years as well.
Speaker 2: He's the best.
Speaker 4: He is incredible to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and do you remember everybody does when they drafted him, it was like what because he was supposed to be a late first rounder. Remember there were rumors that the Vikings had their eye on him. And I think we were in the early twenties or something. Yeah, I forget exactly where we were. I think it's when we took Addison maybe, Yeah, and it was like whoa twelve?
Speaker 2: What are they doing?
Speaker 4: And they nailed it. They nailed it.
Speaker 2: He's good.
Speaker 1: Vikings preseason game number one is next Saturday at noon at the Giants in New Jersey.
Speaker 2: You can hear that right here on the fan.
Speaker 1: Season opener is Sunday, September thirteenth against the Green Bay Packs at three twenty five three preseason games that's right for the Vikings this year away home away, that is correct at the Giants home against Baltimore at the Denver Bronco.
Speaker 5: I cannot wait to watch those what do you call interest squads things with Baltimore.
Speaker 2: That's going to be so much two weeks from now, right, yeah, yeah, that's not not next week, the week after.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'll be great.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, yeah, can't wait.
Speaker 5: That'll be good.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 5: Take a look and see what that quarterback looks like against an opposing defense that wants blood.
Speaker 2: And as you've said before, Hawk, that's the closest a lot.
Speaker 13: Of the stars get to a like real action, right, that's right, yeah, because they go hard.
Speaker 5: I said that.
Speaker 13: You have said that, though I did multiple times. You hate me, but I'm like, no, not after what my dad saw yesterday. Yeah, so what you see?
Speaker 5: Have you ever looked inside I already asked that you've never had I may invest him. So inside your your esophagus, where your voices, you know, where you're You call them vocal cords, but they're actually.
Speaker 4: Vocal folds is what they're called. Oh yeah, it's a v looks like this.
Speaker 5: And as you talk, they they do this and right and back and forth like that. When it's flapping, air comes through and that's what that's how you talk. It's the craziest thing. So she snakes this camera through my nose and down into my not great.
Speaker 2: God, damn that that makes me uncomfortable just hearing it.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 5: It's the third time I've had it happen this little journey I've been on. And they put like man like no volcano in your nose so that it, you know, doesn't hurt necessarily, but it's down there. But the worst one was yesterday and she is just great, but I'm in order for her to watch my my vocal folds moving back and forth, I had to sing and talk and make noises while she had it down in there and not gag at the same time, not throwing.
Speaker 2: Actually, that's weird.
Speaker 15: I did.
Speaker 5: I did because she had me sing something that was comfortable for me to sing.
Speaker 2: But they literally they go like this.
Speaker 5: And I had a vocal hemorrhage at some point. I didn't know it, and that's why I've been having trouble with my voice. I had like a polyp or something that exploded on my vocal fold, and so I have this damage on the left side of my my vocal fold that so they don't go all the way together. So the reason I sound like a sound right now is because there's air coming through when there shouldn't be air coming through. It's freaking fascinating. I gotta take steroids.
Speaker 2: And finally, I can't wait.
Speaker 5: I can't wait. But at some point during the winter here, after the gigs season's over, I got to take seven days, seven days without speaking, seven days.
Speaker 2: Go to like a monastery, I know, I know, go to the top of a mountain.
Speaker 5: It's what I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: Just meditate for seven straight.
Speaker 5: So for a lot of you powers of listeners out there, your dreams are about to come true.
Speaker 1: But can I make a suggestion, Sure, Las Vegas, right, gamble by yourself. I'm enabling your gambling addiction, but I'm just saying in general, you know you like to gamble solo. You don't have to talk to anybody. Yeah, just wander around, be good. Yeah, go hike in the mountains.
Speaker 4: To a minimum. Yeah.
Speaker 13: It's also a hunt for buffalo during the night. It's also a quick way to make a hundred bucks. If you see him, just walk up to me. I'll pay you to walk away.
Speaker 5: Well that's for too, I might need a hundred bucks. So you don't have to talk to you know.
Speaker 4: You're you're on camera, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But interesting, seven days of silence.
Speaker 5: Yeah, five to seven days, so I'm not talking at all, which is gonna be very, very tough. But I feel like I have strep throat every day all the time. Oh man, I have for about two months. I'm sorry, Thank you, buddy. I appreciate it. Trying not to be a little b word. That's me right there when she sneaked that thing down my throat yesterday. I don't know how you do it, Zach Wow, Sorry, buddy, I'm just trying to make humor out it.
Speaker 2: You'll get the man.
Speaker 5: That's what my doctor said. Did you go to I was a mystery doctor. Love no, man. You know it's It's good though, because secretly, for the last almost two months, I didn't know what was going on because I was losing my voice. Like every day after the show, I could barely talk. So it was good to see a that there's a reason for it, and b that eventually it can get better. But I just I got to quit singing so much. It's just the bottom line. I've been talking in the morning and then singing at night. There's only so much you can, especially when you.
Speaker 2: Get old sauce.
Speaker 1: I just chat gpted his affliction and it says it's contagious and that they also suggest that you take seven days off and not speak.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: And they said you should wear an affliction coat as well.
Speaker 2: Kevin borrow yours, I've got one.
Speaker 7: You do.
Speaker 2: They say you should dress like Breaking Benjamin in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 5: I do, and that you should wear eyeshadow, but they don't think there's enough eyeshadow in the world to cover your head.
Speaker 2: That's all how you were.
Speaker 5: I don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm just it's the polyps.
Speaker 1: Just leave them along.
Speaker 2: It's the camera that went down his throat.
Speaker 5: Check us out. Though Court tried this. Everybody listening as you're listen, try this right now. I just you know, you know how you talk like I'm talking right now, So just say your name, say Corey, Corey. Okay, now think of saying Corey, but think that your voice is coming out of your nose. Say Corey, just regularly, and then say it as if you think it's coming out of your nose.
Speaker 2: How do you even do that?
Speaker 5: Just just just place it in. Just like you if you if I told you to think your voice is coming out of your toe, you could do it even though it's not really happening. Do the same thing with my note with your nose, say Corey, and then say it as if you think it's coming out of your nose.
Speaker 2: I literally don't understand. I can.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to like process in my head, like, how do I think it's coming out of my nose?
Speaker 2: So I'm not saying it, I just think it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're saying it just like you normally would, but think as if the instead of coming out of your mouth is coming out of your nose. See if you can do it?
Speaker 2: So, but I am saying it that you're saying it. Oh yeah, yeah right yeah, Corey, No, I can't. I don't feel that at all. Really, No, how do you do that? How do you imagine that it's coming out of a difference?
Speaker 1: How do you imagine it's coming out of a different hole?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 2: Can anybody here do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Am I losing my mind? How can you do it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I'll do it right now. Chris, Chris, Chris, Chris.
Speaker 2: Sauce, you tried? Am I losing?
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm nuts?
Speaker 2: I had.
Speaker 1: I didn't feel anything being different doing that, Sauce. Oh, talk normally, God, Kelly's the saint talk normally. But try to picture it coming out of your nose. Imagine that come out of you.
Speaker 5: That's just use your imagination.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know why you keep changing your voice a little bit, but that's that what he That is what it does, though it weird.
Speaker 5: You can if you do that, if you picture it, it lowers your esophagus mentally so that you put less strain on your phote.
Speaker 2: I did it yesterday and I.
Speaker 1: Don't know you did that, sauce. Do it again, but pretend it's coming out of your ass.
Speaker 15: Go, oh.
Speaker 2: What I think he just defecated?
Speaker 4: His name sound like Linda Blair.
Speaker 1: And if you were watching campeon dot com slash Watch, he blinked.
Speaker 4: Only one eye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the only I that have that works anymore? What falling apart? My allergies are so bad. One of your eyes is not working all the time? Which one? This one? It is like half shut. Yeah, I didn't notice it until you just pointed at it. I rub it a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you doing apart?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought I was the least healthy. One turns out I'm not you guys are falling apart.
Speaker 5: The key the life apparently stayed in your basement doing nothing.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you.
Speaker 5: I know you always say it, but you're right.
Speaker 2: Why do people go outside?
Speaker 1: I don't know what really matters is after this scores and stats around the world of sports. Mark parrishes here. We're playing Initials at eight fifteen quarter final number seven. We're almost there.
Speaker 2: We have six semi finalists, three left.
Speaker 4: To be named.
Speaker 1: Maybe Mark's one of them. Today we'll find out. Po Arch Morning Show back after this on the fan.
Speaker 11: For more information about contests on the station, go to KFA dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash rules, download the free iHeartRadio Free Radio.
Speaker 1: All right, should we do what really matters? I got more sports to talk about. You got more of what actually matters? That'll be more interesting.
Speaker 5: I got that right, buddy boy.
Speaker 1: And it's brought to you by Ovo Lacey and Lens, doctor Mark lobanof doctor David White.
Speaker 2: And go get Lasik from Ovo Lasyk and Lenz.
Speaker 5: Is there any part of your core that any party of this happiness footbus season?
Speaker 1: It's not football season yet. I will love when the football season actually starts, which is what a month. I hate preseason football, but love the Vikings, love the I love football. I don't, uh, I don't hate sports. It's just not my priority in life anymore. I do love NFL football. It's a ton of fun. This ain't NFL football. This is a scam.
Speaker 2: They need it, though, can I ask you? They need it? The fans don't. I do hate it. Go on, you don't have to do famline anymore.
Speaker 13: Go on.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for next Saturday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's awesome and we like it.
Speaker 1: I like you guys like it. Thank you, But it's it's uh, it's nails on a chalkboard for me. But when the season starts, what is it Wednesday, September or something or other?
Speaker 2: Right, Seahawks Patriots? Sure, one hundred percent. I'm watching that. Yeah, it's football that matters.
Speaker 9: Yea man.
Speaker 2: But what really matters is this. Uh. The ten game win streak for the Minnesota Lynx is over.
Speaker 1: They closed on DraftKings as sixteen and a half point favorites and lost to the Sparks eighty nine eighty two. They got outscored twenty three to eleven in the fourth quarter, including an eight nothing run to end it.
Speaker 2: I know we don't.
Speaker 1: I know we don't rely on our bench much, right because the links are no pun intended. They're top heavy, right, they are all about that top five. They're just they're all stars right there. Their starting lineup is nothing but freaks.
Speaker 2: They're awesome. But how about our bench?
Speaker 1: One for eight All of those shots were three point attempts, one for eight and three points. Wow, So you know, just came in and show bricks. That doesn't help. Yeah, ten game win streak. Snap, They're now twenty five and seven. Nobody's panicking, but still sixteen and a half point favorites and you lose by seven. Up next, speaking of Juggernauts, how about Vegas here tomorrow at noon?
Speaker 13: Wow?
Speaker 1: I hate peewee, But what really matters is this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is a terrible bad scene. In Chicago, Illinois detectives are investigating a funeral home on Chicago's South Side.
Speaker 12: More than fifty decomposing bodies were discovered at the South Side Chapel on ninety fifth Street. This man says he's noticed unusual smells in the area.
Speaker 17: Every time I come through here, I smell a foul smell in the air. And I was wondering what the smell was, and I kept thinking maybe it was the seuwer.
Speaker 12: The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office is working with authorities to identify the bodies right away and notify their families. I'm Perry Williams.
Speaker 1: What the hell was?
Speaker 2: Why Williams?
Speaker 14: On?
Speaker 1: Can you fast forward to.
Speaker 11: Knows?
Speaker 3: This is last day.
Speaker 1: We just did a story about fifty decomposing bodies, and all I can think about was that guy's ridiculous broadcast closed families.
Speaker 9: I'm Perry Williams.
Speaker 15: What is that?
Speaker 2: Did it hit the slope? I don't know what did it?
Speaker 1: What just happened?
Speaker 2: I'm one bit jesus.
Speaker 9: I'm Perry Williams.
Speaker 5: That can't be right.
Speaker 2: It can't be It does sound like it sounds like it's an editing mistake.
Speaker 9: This please, I'm Perry Williams.
Speaker 2: What is that? I don't know, Perry, I don't know. Is that how you put your tour?
Speaker 5: His batteries run out?
Speaker 4: Anyway?
Speaker 5: Decomposing bodies?
Speaker 1: That's I'm on past that story. Let's talk about.
Speaker 9: I'm will.
Speaker 4: Sing it or something?
Speaker 2: Is that your if you was a person.
Speaker 10: My best nerd guess is that he just copies and pastes his own tagline, which is really weird. Why would you not just say to yourself? And he copied and pasted it into a different like you know when you open up Adobe and there's like different like frequencies like forty four one eight, that's my guess, But why.
Speaker 2: Would you not just just say it seconds? That's the easiest part to not.
Speaker 12: Buy Perry Wills, Oh my god, this is what happens to you or when he grows up and becomes a news reporter.
Speaker 2: What else does he sound exactly like he sounds Play it again.
Speaker 9: I'm Perry Williams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like a helium balloon running out of helium. You know, the people that speak on helium have like extremely high pitched but it sounds like the end the what the end of it?
Speaker 4: And you're running out of helium and it doesn't matter what.
Speaker 2: Is so depressed?
Speaker 9: Exactly families, I'm Perry will Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean you could have said it's buffalo Bill, it's.
Speaker 1: Mill that sounds like Stephen Wright when to.
Speaker 2: McDonald's yeah, I should have said that.
Speaker 5: What about that dude who's like.
Speaker 17: The foul smell in the air And I was wondering what the smell was, and I kept thinking maybe it was the seuler.
Speaker 2: That guy, Yeah, that guy seems awesome.
Speaker 5: He does.
Speaker 2: I like that guy.
Speaker 5: But he walked by the every days like there's a foul smell in the ell.
Speaker 1: You just keep doing swazey impressions all week. The Twins came back and beat the Royals four to three. They were down three to one in the eighth. He scored three on RBI singles from Bell and Lee to end a four game losing streak.
Speaker 2: That was a big bow smelling well, yeah, and it was the Royals.
Speaker 1: The Twins are at the Drunken Scanies tonight, Tomorrow and Sunday.
Speaker 2: The Drunken Skanies have an unbelievable record.
Speaker 1: The Twins are now tied for second with Cleveland, three games behind Chicago.
Speaker 2: Chicago just got swept by Boston. Check this out. I hope nobody heard this or read this.
Speaker 1: You guys are familiar with the Boston Red Sox, correct, Mark, I want you to go first. Oh, in the last thirty six games, how many games have the Red Sox won out of their last thirty six. I don't know if you're following baseball at all, maybe you think they're awesome. Maybe you think they're awful, maybe you have no idea why. I'm asking how many games out of the last thirty six have the Boston Red Sox one.
Speaker 4: Yes, because they're probably hot. I'm gonna say thirty two.
Speaker 5: Chris, there's a foul smell in the well, and twenty four, Zach.
Speaker 13: I mean only a couple of them are hot. But I'd say twenty two, twenty you two and Sauce, So yeah, I think. So is it like thirty one, thirty.
Speaker 2: One and five.
Speaker 1: I think that that was on eighth straight and so since the I think it's the break, there's something like seventeen and three.
Speaker 13: Yeah, they I think I saw a stat the other day that said it took them seventy three games to win their first thirty and it took thirty five to win their next thirty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how about that?
Speaker 2: So they they want they've won eight straight, they swept the White Sox.
Speaker 1: I don't know, thirty one and five in their last thirty six. That's that's a run. That is a run and a half.
Speaker 4: Jeez.
Speaker 2: But what really matters is.
Speaker 9: This, Please, I'm Perry William.
Speaker 2: So funny that like is making my day.
Speaker 1: I know it was a story about fifty decomposing bodies that smell so bad everybody gets walking by thinks it's a sewer problem.
Speaker 9: But he's Perry will Harry Williams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if everything we guessed is wrong and he just said it exactly like that. That's not an editing problem, that's not a speed problem or adobe. It's just anyway, there's fifty dead bodies that are decomposing.
Speaker 2: And nine Perry Williams. What if he ends every single.
Speaker 5: Like somebody shouldn't have hired.
Speaker 10: Well, maybe that's what happened. What if like between the end of the story, before he tagged his name, they fired him, like, well, I'm Perry Williams.
Speaker 1: Somebody just had a pink slip and slammed it up against the glass and he sought mid close.
Speaker 5: By the second I'm Perry Williams. It is Nashville, you know what, it's National Sea Serpentage.
Speaker 16: Today we lean hard into mythology or reality depended upon if you believe, and about forty four percent of us do. We celebrate the legends the Luckness Monster in Scotland, Oga Pogo in Canada, and the Gloucester sea serpent in Massachusetts because we can today embrace the tale of ocean monsters rising from the depths, because thousands say they've seen them and it's fun to believe.
Speaker 5: I'm Pree Tennis, I'm Perry Williams.
Speaker 4: Whoa is it really reality?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 4: If it's not, I mean, even though you believe, it doesn't have to be reality.
Speaker 18: Because it doesn't exist, because that's nonsense, because you're an adult man.
Speaker 4: He said it way better.
Speaker 18: It's my favorite SoundBite of all time because it doesn't exist, because that's nonsense, because you're an adult.
Speaker 13: Or are you going to say, Paul, Yeah, there's a pretty uh convincing picture of the oga pogo in the water.
Speaker 19: I've never heard of the old same it's uh for to buy one, get one? Yeah, I've heard by bring your own beer, Yeah, bring you as So hang on?
Speaker 1: Was she saying that forty four percent of us specifically believe in sea serpent myths or just myths in.
Speaker 2: General, just myth? Okay?
Speaker 1: Emailing me right now, because I'm like, all right, I know there's people that believe in ghosts and some other stuff, but I'm like, if forty four percent of people think there are Mermaids and Ogo Pogo whatever the hell that is, and Mancy, if we are for for it almost half of the population. Should we just shut this whole thing down.
Speaker 4: I think we're a lost cuss at that point.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 2: I like to make sure things are real. I would like them to be real. So Corey's wrong.
Speaker 13: God literally a picture of a dog underwater that they are saying is the Oga Pogo maybe that's his name.
Speaker 2: It's a dog.
Speaker 1: It's not a probably Winny because you kept your eye off.
Speaker 5: You're a preacher.
Speaker 2: I am you read. Don't say it.
Speaker 13: You were going to say you would. Oh yeah, he'd bang me Oga Pogo. Now he meant you in water. Yeah, he'd bang me in water.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Interesting, I just told your head under you'd have to use two hands.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're round.
Speaker 1: I think of the a hole that threw that dog underwater just to take a photo, just to claim it was Oga Pogo.
Speaker 2: Right, that's somebody's dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, come on, Rosie Rose, don't do things just for Instagram. Buddy, Yeah, buddy, all right, more of what really matters after this. This is the power Trip Money Show on the van from.
Speaker 2: The one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: This report Trip is turning twenty five, and we're celebrating in Las Vegas, joined Corey Hawk in Sauce and a cast of thousands November eighteenth through the twenty third at Circa Resort and Casino Live shows, a Friday Night Bash, and Purple Football at Stadium swim Brook. Book with promo code Powertrip for a special room rate. Full details at kfa in dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash legs idea is literally the greatest idea I have ever, Literally the greatest Steven. Here we are.
Speaker 5: I'm wearing chaps.
Speaker 2: See that they look great?
Speaker 5: Man, thanks man going shirts. They don't quite fit me as well as as his coach did me, but they do fit me. I'm just gonna have to wear no pants underneath them leaving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a trapper side. Wear them to Vegas in November.
Speaker 4: Oh, they're gonna They're gonna on stage, so you're gonna be killing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wear them on stage at the twenty fifth anniversary bash November fifth.
Speaker 5: A t I my voice doesn't get any better. I might be wearing these for a job pretty soon.
Speaker 2: Oh well, it's a It's a fun path later in life, right, why.
Speaker 5: Not try new things?
Speaker 1: Right, yep, let's do more of what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports and in between Chrystal Changer left or something else. Late at the end of yesterday's show, the news broke that Jonathan Taylor was sending a two year, forty four million dollar extension with Indy thirty nine million guarantee. That is the well at the time, it was the third largest in NFL history. I assume it's fourth now because the Gibbs deal was after that. What a monster year last year. I forgot how big of a year he had Jonathan Taylor. Oh yeah, eighteen touchdowns rushing to receiving fifteen hundred and eighty five yards.
Speaker 2: What a monster last year.
Speaker 5: How many people have started in sitcoms and then gone on to be NFL players?
Speaker 4: Very few?
Speaker 5: Unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Great point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you, I make good points.
Speaker 1: You know I should have, based on my age, had Home Improvement hit me right between the eyes. I bet I've seen I don't know, three episodes. Maybe, like I never watched it when it was on. Yeah, maybe it was the Tim Allen sound effect that drove me nuts. I just never got into it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the way the Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Classic.
Speaker 2: Did you guys watch Home Improvement though or not?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, yeah, I watched the grown up Wilson missing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude over the fence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, never saw his face.
Speaker 5: It had Pam Anderson right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: She was the tool Time gal or whatever it was called a tool time.
Speaker 5: This is echo. I can see why people like Gala's chefs.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it's exposure. I love these.
Speaker 4: Get to everybody be cool.
Speaker 1: Just doesn't like I.
Speaker 5: Mean, this is not how you wanted me to remember your dad. When I'm wearing his chaps, I was shaking my butt.
Speaker 1: Or maybe exactly how you want to do. You never know what really matters though, Is.
Speaker 2: I like this nice?
Speaker 4: I feel look amazing from this angle, feel like.
Speaker 5: I should pull up Hyah, you don't say no. I could see why these would be good, though.
Speaker 10: Does anybody else want to ask why we have askeless chaps in the studio?
Speaker 5: Well, do you remember when I got the leather coats and the leather vest. Those were our guests and singer of there they were her dads, and he passed away and she wanted me to have him psychic worm. And then he also apparently had some chaps and she brought those intodation. Now I'm wearing those and I'm digging it. I didn't realize what was missing in my life.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Hey, Sauce.
Speaker 1: When you talk to your dad later today, make sure that he also recognizes when he sees Chris in those how much he's supposed to honor that, right, Like, let's let's have your dad class it up.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 4: If I walked around with no pants on the.
Speaker 1: Yeah like a burning quickly, that skinny lake, that skinny lady looks great.
Speaker 5: Though, weekend at burning man, Oh, I feel like anyway, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, what really matters is this?
Speaker 5: Got that right? Buddy? You should take a vacation vitation psacho, there you go.
Speaker 16: Psychology Today says taking time off of work improves job performance when you return. They say the break reduces stress, restores mental focus, and keeps burnout at bay and that renewed clarity last an average of forty three days. But money dot Com says only about sixty two percent of US workers use their PTO for fear of being seen as replaceable. That they say, you should give in because reality will always be there. But a fruity cocktail as an expiration. I'm free, Tennis.
Speaker 4: What I'm Perry Williams.
Speaker 16: Replaceable, Tommy replaceable, replaceable.
Speaker 12: Umm.
Speaker 2: I think we just recently discussed this, but I'll say this again.
Speaker 1: For years and years and years, the Power Trip left so many days on the table because they don't carry over here. If you don't use your vacation days by the end of the year, you lose them. And I would argue the first let's say fifteen years I worked here, I bet I averaged leaving three to five days on the table every year, because then you get to that December guilt where you're like, well, I don't really need to take these off.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna sit at home. I know I have like four days of vacation left, but I got nothing to do. I'll just work.
Speaker 1: And then you realize, well, you're really then working for free because they're going to pay either way.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So about ten years ago, maybe a little less, I'm like, nope, never again. So now every single year, I use all vacation days available, maxim out every single year.
Speaker 2: Have to you gotta do it, got to max.
Speaker 4: It out, what Bret Tennis said, and Perry william.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Otherwise you're replaceable, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 2: And look, we also in addition to.
Speaker 1: Trying to max out our vacation days, we also historically, into the last year or two, have worked essentially every company holiday.
Speaker 2: We're the only show in the building. That's starting to change.
Speaker 1: I think we're wiser now, but for years we were the only ones that worked the company holidays where there were no salespeople, there were no bosses, there were definitely no other shows in this building. We're like, hey, we're going to work it anyway. We're all here, No more, no more, right, you got that right, You got that right, buddy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Man, So we work enough. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Plus, there's like ninety six of us on this show. We can all afford to take time off when when needed.
Speaker 5: That's true. Man, you never missed the pot trip. There's always somebody.
Speaker 2: Who's always somebody here, that's right.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And if it's like man, it's a weird collection, who cares spinning the wheel?
Speaker 5: You also realize that we didn't really have best.
Speaker 2: Of so let's just work it.
Speaker 5: So we should probably just make sure somebody's on the air, because ye can't make Zacho try to find a good part of the show.
Speaker 1: No and Abbot hates when we do three and a half hours of Initials reruns.
Speaker 5: He just misses us.
Speaker 20: Yeah, he hates everything. Yeah, he's separating, man, it really is. He hates walking correctly, give him those chaps.
Speaker 1: That'd be a fun looks turn think.
Speaker 2: Was yeah, used to that bit.
Speaker 4: Oh let's see, I don't care about this?
Speaker 2: Oh how about this?
Speaker 1: He guys following like I was mostly bored with it, but then today it popped up again, and I'm like, maybe I do care about this. You guys following the Kawhi Leonard story again, Yeah, oh sure, guy, what a mess? Yeah, So, Kawhi Leonard has now reportedly also been found with a multi excuse me, multi million dollar deal with Daktronics, the scoreboard manufacturer, potentially even more evidence that the Clippers were absolutely circumventing the salary cap Joe Smith. Yeah, but in a weird way, even worse right, because the Joe Smith circumvention was like, we're going to give you money under the table, but we're also going to like agree to this deal.
Speaker 2: And it's gonna I believe it was Glenn Taylor's money, was it not?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 2: It was it was his money. It was just we're going to give it to you. On the side, this is we're going.
Speaker 1: To find companies that will feed you millions of dollars, which is absolutely allowed, right, everybody can go get paid. But this is another company where there's no evidence that he did any work for them, right because it also so Aspiration was the first one that Tory uncovered, right, a sustainability company that he got millions from. Kawhi Leonard got millions from and did quote no visible work, and it sounds sauce.
Speaker 2: Daktronic is the same thing.
Speaker 1: Another company with a multi million dollar payout to Kawhi Leonard and it looks like he didn't do one second of work. So it's just companies that wanted to help the Clippers get Kawhi Leonard to LA. He can still get the max deal from the Clippers, but even more money to come to Los Angeles. By having these companies pay him a whole bunch of money and do zero dollars of work.
Speaker 2: Would call that no show job.
Speaker 1: It's like an nil deal. But in the NBA, which is circumventing the salary cap, do we know how much he got he's received there? It just says multi millions. I'm not sure exactly how much, but a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the problem is, and I don't know.
Speaker 1: How much you're following this, Parish doesn't know he was he was getting traded to the Raptors.
Speaker 2: He was going to go back to the Raptors. What a month or so ago? Yeah, right around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the deal has stalled because part of the deal would be that Toronto was going to have to take the brunt of the punishment. The Clippers were going to be off the hook zero and the Raptors are basically like, hey, if you take if you take Kawhi, then you're gonna have any problems that come with what the Clippers did.
Speaker 2: And then the NBA was like, well, we'll hang on, hang on, hang on, what are we doing here?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that doesn't make it.
Speaker 1: How about let's keep him in LA until we figure this out. Well, as of a week or two ago, they think that the full investigation might take into twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 2: So what are like, is he going to play for the Clippers Game one or is he going to be suspended due to you know, suspended do doo?
Speaker 1: I wonder due to his favorite film because obviously he played last year Yeah. So my guess is he's just going to keep playing for the Clippers until they figure out what's going on, and then the Clippers are gonna get punished, and it should be epic punishment. The Wolves got gutted to the Joe Smith deal gutted. Yeah, can't do a slap on the wrist if you're taking this seriously. Nope, right, Adam Silver is gonna have to hammer the Los Angeles Clippers, which will be tough because it's a LA team and it's ballmer and he's got you know whatever, you gotta hammer him.
Speaker 4: You have to wonder if you will.
Speaker 2: But what really matters is this what.
Speaker 5: I'm about to say is true. Oh A twenty four has released its first full look at Lance Oppenheim's To Catch a Predator drama starring Robert Pattinson as Chris Hansen.
Speaker 1: The trailer before the odyssey was epic, epic. It's it looks extremely intense making.
Speaker 5: A movie out of making a television show.
Speaker 1: Don't know, but he's playing Chris Hansen and they're showing the rise of To Catch a Predator on Dateline, which is one of my all time favorite shows.
Speaker 4: I just freaking out on my Lord.
Speaker 5: It also stars Merritt Weaver, Skyler Gasando, Phoebee Bridges, and Mark Rosen.
Speaker 2: Hang On, he was just trying to tell them not to talk to people online.
Speaker 5: Says here he plays himself.
Speaker 1: He drove twenty hours to make sure the person was okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sorry, Rosie Eat, he's gonna sue you.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know. I'm in. Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: I love the TV show and that dude can act.
Speaker 2: Man, Robert Pattinson can act.
Speaker 5: He's great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think this is gonna be good. I hope, well, hang on, I hope it's gonna be good because I'm on, it's a twenty four, it's a twenty four, it's Robert Pattinson, and it's about to catch a predator. I like all three of those things on paper. I should love this movie. Let's hope it's good.
Speaker 5: Apparently I haven't seen the trailer, but apparently saw like the head of the network says, I hate your show, but it's doing just so great. I have to put you on prime time.
Speaker 1: It is the ultimate reality show because, like I've said a thousand times about that show, you're watching these predators, You're watching their lives.
Speaker 4: End as every Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they deserve it. So you're simultaneously like that, Wow, your now your family's gonna hate you, your neighbors are gonna hate you, You're gonna lose your job, You're going to jail like you've just lost everything. And I get to watch it every and you deserve it. I couldn't wait to hear what excuses they were gonna use next. It was always the same stuff, right, it was this is my first time, or I was never actually going to do anything, or like I just said, it was no. I came over here specifically to warn this person about the dangers of talking to older people online.
Speaker 13: Wait, you mean like you I was gonna wait with them and tell their mom got home? Yep, for sure.
Speaker 2: But sir, you drove across country overnight. Yeah I know. I was very concerned. But you did bring the zema in the condoms?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 1: Well I did?
Speaker 5: Why was it always ema?
Speaker 1: They had to show intent, right, That's why they specifically said they would ask for like pizza, McDonald's or con whatever it was, whatever the person had asked for.
Speaker 2: If the person brought it, that.
Speaker 1: Helps the case that they showed the intent to go through with it just the worst people, know, world, worst people.
Speaker 2: On the planet. Wasn't there an episode in your hometown?
Speaker 5: Close right on the rock of my hometown? And I just held my breath the whole time.
Speaker 2: Please don't be a family member, Please don't be a family member. Made it through that seat, Dwight, Dwight.
Speaker 5: Uh, there's a documentary film and the works about Brady versus Manning. That'd be fun to watch.
Speaker 2: I'll watch that, man.
Speaker 13: Hmmm, Hey, did you see the the movie news that broke yesterday that Uh, Jim Carrey's gonna play the dad in Jetson's.
Speaker 4: They're gonna let you Orge Jetson.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but are they gonna make it as a cartoon or I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, it might be real. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh well, hey in Paris, you weren't here today? Saw tell him about that scary news about that actress?
Speaker 2: Oh Parish. Yeah, did you hear about the actress that got stabbed?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, Reese Reese, Yeah, Reese got stabbed?
Speaker 4: Really yeah? Okay, Witherspoon, thank you.
Speaker 13: No, it was with a knife. Hawk loves that bit. He laughed so hard the four times we.
Speaker 2: Had made It's so dumb. I couldn't get through the Yeah, I just love that.
Speaker 1: Sauce is not great at the setup, right, Like I love watching you try to get people to walk into it.
Speaker 5: The best way to go, Sauce would be go like this, go did you about that actress they got they get stabbed?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Who Reese?
Speaker 4: No with a knife?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but do it again. Pretend, pretend Chris just didn't say that. Hey, Parish, Yeah, Sauce has some pretty bad news for you.
Speaker 4: Oh what's that, Sauce.
Speaker 2: Did you hear about that actress that got stabbed? Her name's it's Reese? Uhs with a knife?
Speaker 4: Well done?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Better?
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks, That's what happened.
Speaker 4: Because I was kept waiting for you to say more because he's just like Reese.
Speaker 2: How smart? Parish?
Speaker 5: Did you call me Cisco and Ebert?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, fob song you need help.
Speaker 1: The news is next Initials one hour and change from now, with one hundred and twenty one five hundred dollars up for grabs with the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials Jackpart, Let's have somebody win one hundred and twenty one thousand dollars today, Yes, and somebody will win quarter final number seven in advance to the semi finals. And guy, everybody's got to get at least three to get into that wildcard conversation, which is already overbooked.
Speaker 2: We don't know what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: There's only six spots max, and we already have seven people with three.
Speaker 2: We don't know what we're gonna do yet. We have like a week in change to figure that out. What a mess.
Speaker 1: The committee might need to ask other people for opinions because the committee doesn't know what to do with this rare The news is next so much, it's so much.
Speaker 2: From the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Northern Tool and a wipment. We have delays on the Lafayette Freeway.