Speaker 1: The song theme today on Name That Tune was number two songs that never got quite made it to the number one spot. They peaked at number two. They say the worst places to peak are number two, number six, and number eleven, because if you peak at number six, you can't say you made it into the top five. If you peak at number eleven, you can't say you made it in the top ten. So I think Quincy Jones said that he's like, peaking at number two, number six or number eleven is terrible. That song peaked at number two in August of two thousand and nine. But you're probably curious what song ce blocked Taylor Swift and kept her out of the number one spot.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: Rightfully so.
Speaker 4: A good no.
Speaker 2: I mean, Taylor's done just fine.
Speaker 1: But wouldn't it suck if you've got one big hit song and you're up against a song like this.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 2: That was Named that Tune on kd w B. We're thinking about doing it twice a week.
Speaker 3: Can I read the text? It says, OMG, I've never screamed in the car more for Name That Tune. My kids think I'm crazy. True, I love that and it's a fun game like playing along with it.
Speaker 2: Let us know if that's.
Speaker 6: Your favorite game that we play, because it's probably mine that we play every single week.
Speaker 1: I say that's my favorite because I have fun putting the whole thing together.
Speaker 2: But my favorite is probably lyric shuffle.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Name a song that has the word blue in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let us know, Simmy Tanks, let me know if you want to hear that twice a week, and we will try to work that in there. Because you're basically the boss of the show. Bailey had an idea because Bailey grew up listening.
Speaker 2: To this show.
Speaker 3: I did, and I think.
Speaker 4: Everybody, like, not everybody who listens, but a lot of people who do listen have listened for a hot minute. So I feel like, in general, we should be incorporating a few more in the Vault moments into the show. So not that people can be like, wow, remember when Dave Ryan was cool and interesting but more like a gosh, I forgot about that, and I'm so glad that I'm being reminded about it, which is why, you know, sometimes we play like the Butterball parody, you know, things like that, and we'll give you a little hint or monster rash, you know, stuff like that to kind of look back at your life and feel nostalgic for it.
Speaker 3: So I just wanted to feel a little bit nostalgic.
Speaker 4: This week specifically and bring something out of the vault.
Speaker 1: So this goes back a few years and is one of the more memorable things that ever happened on this show. Let's get started with the Vault of the Dave Ryan Show d w B from The Dave Ryan Show Vault. Hello, no phone screen or Friday. You're on the radio, You're live. What is your name?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning. My name is Lisa.
Speaker 2: Lisa. What are we going to talk about?
Speaker 7: Lisa? We're going to art, not Lisa, Dave. We're going to talk about I have a naked photo of you?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: What did she just say?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's got some nudes picture of you, Like you are the originator of nudes.
Speaker 2: Okay, you have a naked picture of me?
Speaker 8: I do, I swear I do.
Speaker 1: How in the world have we didn't date? I've never dated anybody named Lisa that it Lisa would remember a picture with Are you being serious?
Speaker 7: I am?
Speaker 5: Do you remember a girl that you needed you dated named Tammy?
Speaker 1: I dated Tammy when I was about twenty one years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where is this going?
Speaker 5: Exactly?
Speaker 8: So when you dated her all these years.
Speaker 5: Ago, this is back in Colorado spring, Yes, you must.
Speaker 8: You must not remember one day you guys were hanging out and she took a picture of you laying naked in the bed.
Speaker 5: Do you remember that?
Speaker 1: I don't, but I'm I'm listening, but I'm curious how this picture fell into your hands?
Speaker 5: Does it surprise you?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Tammy was no. Tammy was a freak.
Speaker 1: And oh god, she cheated on me with a man and a woman, so I wouldn't Okay, So how.
Speaker 5: Have the whole photo album?
Speaker 8: Okay? So you know, like girls keep things and their keepsake box like.
Speaker 5: No cards, dry flowers.
Speaker 8: Movie tickets, things like that.
Speaker 9: Dude, so she kept us dude of me? Then it wasn't Yeah, back then it wasn't though it was polaroid.
Speaker 5: So I'm from Michigan.
Speaker 8: Originally, and I met Tammy when she moved from Colorado to Michigan.
Speaker 5: Okay, but then about ten.
Speaker 8: Years ago, excuse me, I moved here and.
Speaker 7: I remember she used to talk about this DJ day, So you know, I listened to the morning show and I was like, what if this is the same guy that she used to date, because you do talk about Colorado.
Speaker 4: All the time.
Speaker 9: Sure, So so I called her up and I was like, hey, you know, I live in Minnesota and I hear this Dave on the morning show all the time. Is that the guy that you.
Speaker 8: Used to date? And she started laughing and she's like, oh my god, you won't believe this.
Speaker 5: I just found this old polar naked picture of him.
Speaker 2: Shut the front.
Speaker 5: I want to see you like you did not.
Speaker 8: I'm like, you have a picture of Dave Ryan naked? And she's like, I do, I'll send it to you. And she said it to me on tags and I was like, oh my god, she does have this.
Speaker 2: Wait Sheillie's kind of a feeling and I don't care. Let me tell you.
Speaker 8: I know, I know you don't care.
Speaker 2: People will say that's awful that Tammy shared. I don't care. I don't care. Spread aroun Honestly, that picture was.
Speaker 1: Tammy's and I was twenty one, and there's nothing embarrassing about We never took any embarrassing pictures, is it.
Speaker 2: What does the picture look like?
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, well you're on your your.
Speaker 5: Real comfortable waterbed and there's a Rubik's cube that's sitting on the headboard.
Speaker 1: Wait, are you serious there's a Rubic's cube on the headboard.
Speaker 3: To get bored during the love it right?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, And then you have red pillows, you have blue sheets and a blue comforter, and you're laying there and your hands are laying behind your head. You know, like you're real comfortable with this photos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, oh gosh, I want to see this and there.
Speaker 1: It is, So you sent this? Can I can you do me a favor? I'm going to put you on hold for a brief instant. I'm gonna give you wait yeah, well okay, I'm gonna put you on hold for a brief instant, and then i'm gonna have Jenny give you my phone.
Speaker 2: Number or her phone number or both of our boil don't.
Speaker 4: Send it too.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have percent.
Speaker 9: I'm gonna.
Speaker 3: And you decided what you want to do with that photo.
Speaker 8: This item, this item is kind of valuable though, Like, is there any monetary can.
Speaker 2: Now you're waiting in the legal territory. I don't want to wait.
Speaker 1: I don't Yeah, I don't want to wait into illegal territory. I don't care that you have this picture. If there was a picture taking to me naked when I was twenty one years old by my girlfriend, and then she gave it to you, I don't care. That was Tammy's to give to you, and some people disagree. I don't care. I'm not ashamed it was.
Speaker 5: It's concerning. It's why do I still have it?
Speaker 2: Why? Why did she send you the polaroid or a picture?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 8: She said it on tags. And you know, you can just save stuff out on your phone or in your save files, And every time I give a new phone, it just goes right along with it kept it over all these years, and I was flipping through old stuff and I was like, oh my god, I forgot I have that. It's just kind of one of those things we laughed about and then moved on.
Speaker 5: And then I thought I should call.
Speaker 8: In and let you know I have this.
Speaker 3: Well, well you should send it to Dave. I want this.
Speaker 2: There are text messages Lisa number.
Speaker 3: Also, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Put you on hold and read some text messages. Okay, are you back on Lisa?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: Did you give Jenny my phone number? Or Jenny you gave her my phone number?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I gave her your phone number because I said, you can text this to Dave and Dave can decide.
Speaker 3: What if it's.
Speaker 1: Tim, I'm zooming and I'm going to show you daily.
Speaker 4: Okay, can human on your face and m on just my face.
Speaker 3: Your face. I don't want to see anything? Shut up?
Speaker 2: You ready?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't ever want go to HR and go Dave. Ryan was showing me naked pictures of himself. You're asking, I'm excited and you want me to zoom in and take out all the fun stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to know. I don't want to see her junk right now on air?
Speaker 2: You ready?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 3: I'm ready?
Speaker 2: Three two one?
Speaker 3: What you look intoxicated?
Speaker 2: I'm not intoxicated. Oh, I'm sorry?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 3: Is he trying to be seductive? I don't know.
Speaker 4: Well, he's got these skinny, skinny arms, real skinny arms.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that looks like Dave. That looks like Dave.
Speaker 4: Like twenty Wow, you're a lot of hair.
Speaker 2: So what do we want to do?
Speaker 3: I think I think you.
Speaker 4: Should uh block out obviously any like naughty business mm hmmm, and post it everywhere I would want to share it.
Speaker 3: Do you look cute? Is your face cute? How do you feel about it, Dave, How do you feel about it? David?
Speaker 2: If you want to zoom in on my face, I don't care.
Speaker 5: I don't care, only zoom on face.
Speaker 3: The Rubics cube on the headboard.
Speaker 1: Art, why I'm trying to remember it must have been when Ruby excues really big?
Speaker 3: Are they still?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Not not? Nobody has one on their headboard now, but at least seriously, nobody has a water band anymore. I can see why you were friends with Tammy because you and Tammy are cut from the same cloth, all smart asses, and you're all funny and really difficult to.
Speaker 9: Deal with in the same circle as you would run around.
Speaker 1: That was from the Dave Line show vault on one on one point three k d w B. That is so funny that still cracks me up. Font was able to find the picture.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I'm glad that when you posted it you censored some of it because I don't want to see all your No.
Speaker 2: I totally understand that you were trying.
Speaker 3: To show Jenny. Yeah, the photo.
Speaker 2: Is it on Did you repost it?
Speaker 6: If you go to Dave Ryan's show Instagram? It's on our story? Should I just repost it on the feed?
Speaker 3: That way more? People are blessed to see it.
Speaker 4: Then it would be clogging up our feed, blogging up our feed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still don't see it.
Speaker 4: For whatever it's on there, Just pull down. You got a refresh at dave. I just looked at it. There you go, bless, refresh, refresh, refresh, there you go.
Speaker 2: Oh there it is.
Speaker 4: You have.
Speaker 2: It's so skinny you could see my ribs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're so skinny.
Speaker 2: There's cube.
Speaker 3: This is pre twenty one inch biceps.
Speaker 4: Yeah, way oh wowiceps.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, coming up on KD double U B. Cold weather makes us hungrier. It's just part of our biological thing to put on more fat when it's cold, because that's the way the Good Lord made you, so we would stay warm. Back before there was you know, things like a space heater, amen, or an electric blanket such.
Speaker 2: We're gonna say a coat or a coach.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to help you figure out some ways to keep that weight at Bay.
Speaker 2: It's so hard. During the holidays.
Speaker 1: Somebody's coming in with Christmas cookies and they got those little Hershey's kisses on top of them, and those things are so good because they're kind of melty and they're delicious. Tomorrow, I'm bringing in a turkey. I'm gonna smoke a turkey for you guys. I have a countertop turkey smoker. It is one of the coolest things that I bought. It looks like a crockpot and you can get it on the hommocker Shlimmer gotcham hommockershlimmer dot com. And it is a It looks like a crockpot. You put wood chips in it and it smokes turkey, ribs, corn, whatever. So I said to Bailey vont I said, what side are you bringing in? And this lazy old b word over here, lazy old crone, She says, I don't need any sides. I'm just gonna eat it, you know by itself.
Speaker 3: I told you yesterday we're at the movies.
Speaker 6: And she leaves the line with her first bag of popcorn with another bag, saying, oh, I already got my free refill.
Speaker 3: You touch that free refill? No, No, I didn't. My sister brought it home.
Speaker 2: It looked crazy.
Speaker 4: I did look crazy, But I think the turkey tomorrow is the meal That's like, instead of having one turkey sandwich and then needing a side to go with it, I'll just eat two turkey sandwiches.
Speaker 2: Well, I got who's bringing bread? Are you bringing bread?
Speaker 4: At least I could probably bring bread, Bring some bread, and bring like Hawaiian rolls.
Speaker 1: That's fine with me. And you can't have what goes on your turkey sandwich mayo and mustard. That's me, anybody else what goes on your turkey sandwich.
Speaker 4: So the last time you did this was was like last year. I was so surprised by how moist that turkey was. Yeah, so I don't think I need anything. All right, We'll be back with ways to fight that fat during the holidays. I get seventeen.
Speaker 1: A lot of Thanksgiving oriented stories I mentioned yesterday, and I think I forgot to tell the whole story that grandma jello molds. You're coming back, so whatever, Remember your grandma used to make that jello mold kind of like a clamshell, the texture on the outside. Poles are coming back for Thanksgiving. But here are things that are also coming back that weight you lost. So I'm gonna help you out with seven ways to fight that hunger that you get during the holiday season. Cold weather makes us crave more food, and it comes to down to our biology, not a lack of willpower. So the average person puts on a pound or two during this time of the year. It's because your body wants to because cold triggers hormonal changes Bailey that make you hungrier and prevent you from feeling full less. Sunlight doesn't help either, because it lowers your dopamine and your serotonin levels and we crave more carbs. That's why you got to get on your treadmill, walking pad, peloton and get some exercise because the sun is not there to trigger those dopamine serotonin stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, that makes me sad.
Speaker 4: I want to get like one of those happy lights that you see every so often.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they work or not. Happy lights.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had they light up I know which I mean, Yeah, we had somebody stole it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And we're supposed to.
Speaker 4: It's supposed to like help you feel like there's sunshine on your face and you're supposed to sit in front of it and then it's supposed to make you happy.
Speaker 1: Here are ways to basically fight your hunger during the cold winter months. Number One, spice up your meals. The compound that makes Pepper's hot can suppress hunger. And help you eat less. It also boost your metabolism just a tiny bit, So spice up your meals. Put some little Frank's Red Hot. Put that s on everything.
Speaker 6: I've never understood, not understood, but people that do that, I just sometimes it's too much, not spice wise, but like it just drowns the food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I get it. I think Frank's Red Hot is really good. It's like the commercial says, I put that s on everything from to oh yeah, mac and cheese to pizza to meat loaf.
Speaker 2: You can put Frank's Red Hot on everything.
Speaker 3: You can put that s on everything.
Speaker 1: You really can't start with fiber. The order you the things matter. So eating vegetables or other high fiber foods first is going to slow down your digestion and make you feel fuller. So eat your salad before you dig into the berg heern fries. Eat some dark chocolate. The bitter compounds, and it tell your body that is time to stop eating anything that says seventy percent cocoa or higher should work. Eat protein for breakfast. It takes longer to digest than stuff like cereal or a muffin, and it makes you feel full longer. So like, Greek yogurt is better than bacon. Greek yogurt hard boiled eggs. I feel like org just fried eggs without a lot of like, you know, butter or whatever.
Speaker 4: Anyone told me Greek yogurt is better for you than bacon. I feel like doy like due right true?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Ad Omega threes, fish seeds and walnuts. They enhance something called leptin sensitivity, which basically it tells your brain that you're full and not hungry anymore. Use smaller plates. My wife Susan lost thirty two pounds and she eats off of smaller plates because it sounds dumb, but it tricks your brain into thinking you ate more than you already did. So words, you have spaghetti and meatballs on a small plate, you can have a full small plate.
Speaker 6: Mm hmmm, No, I know, my mind doesn't work like that. I'm still gonna be sitting there starving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't work for me either.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I go back for another small plate and another small plate finally, to keep the fat away and the hunger urges away. Drink a lot of water. Sometimes we feel hungry, we're actually thirsty. Yeah, and it makes you feel full. A study found that people automatically ate less if they drank a big glass of water thirty minutes before meals. Isn't it just awful how much attention we have to pay to what we're putting in our bodies. Why can't we just load up with all the things that we love and have as much as we want. Yeah, I wonder it's because back when God made us food was really scarce. Yeah, and we could have as many apples and pears and bananas and salmon as we ran in to.
Speaker 3: Way more hard labor.
Speaker 4: Back then too, we were Yeah, so now we're not doing as much that machines to do it for us.
Speaker 1: Well, it's true. We have to we go through the drive through at Culver's. That's not really an effort, no, and the you know, like, uh, I have to reach my arm out to pay hand the car. Back in the day, we had to get up early and go hunt the wild to beast, Yeah, and then bring the will to beast back to camp.
Speaker 3: Then you know, plow the fields and all of that time all have to.
Speaker 4: Do any of those things any lazy and fat, lazy lazy, Yeah, we'll be back in a minute.
Speaker 2: We got Dave's Dirt. Got a lot of stuff to cover on Dave's Dirt.
Speaker 1: I got a couple of other things that I want to mention because there's things that are going on that you should know about. KATIEWB is welcoming the Trans Siberian Orchestra for two amazing shows at Target Center December twenty eighth, at three and at seven thirty. So you get your matinee show or your nighttime show tickets on sale now. Go to KDWB dot com and it could be under tickets or it could be right there on the main page. I haven't truly looked, but that's pretty cool. Even want tickets for the Trans Siberian Orchestra.
Speaker 2: That's a good show, might I add?
Speaker 6: I went last year for the first time, and my girlfriend Alyssa went several times before.
Speaker 3: It's like a light show that they sync with the music playing. Yeah, and it's just so cool. Just a nerve for taking things like that.
Speaker 1: That is very cool coming to the I want to say, yeah, targets December three and seven o'clock. We'll do Dave's Dirt next on this station. What station KDEWB.
Speaker 4: I just got a quick question here on the Daily Bailey that I think everyone can connect with. Who was your first cartoon crush as a child? If you have one, please text in five three nine two one. Who first cartoon crush as a child?
Speaker 2: Daphne Ascoob we do. Yeah, she was hot.
Speaker 1: She wore mini skirts and I wasn't sure what the allure was of a cartoon character in mini skirts, but she was hot FOI Yeah, So definitely Daphne from Scratchny she.
Speaker 3: Was your awakening for cartoon crushes.
Speaker 2: Fella was the more fun one.
Speaker 1: Daphne was kind of an idiot, yeah, and she was always she was hot though, and.
Speaker 6: She had legs up to her neck and she did yes fine. Mine was makes even less sense than that. It was unique from the Backyardigans. I don't know why isn't she a hippo. I don't know why a pink hippo turned on a seven year old leak, But I definitely had a little spiritual sexual awakening with Wow.
Speaker 4: Minus Prince Cornelius from Thumbolina. He had the like classic nineties bowl cut and he sang a song about let Me be Your Wings and like flew around with Thumbolina and man, I was probably four when that movie came out and there was something about Prince Cornelius. I'm pretty sure I was out the womb Boy crazy, so I was looking for it anywhere, and he was definitely top of the list, along with like Aladdin, who's conventionally hot. Everyone likes Aladdin. A lot of people are texting in Jessica Rabbit. Yeah, Jessica Rabbit is a hot one. That makes sense.
Speaker 2: She was drawn hot.
Speaker 3: She was drawn hot, she was She's drawn that way.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: The Prince from The Little Mermaid, Prince Eric also very hot objectively. Danny Phantom, that's a good one. Von Do you know who Danny Phantom is familiar?
Speaker 3: Era time? Yeah, I didn't watch a lot of Cartoon Network, but I'm.
Speaker 4: Familiar Johnny Bravo so hot but dumb as nails.
Speaker 6: I'm looking at like a list of hot cartoon characters that are females.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but not a lot of them are not my type. Yeah, not your type.
Speaker 2: For example, who the mom?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, the mom from Fairly Eydparents. She just add to me.
Speaker 6: Aurora from what is that Little Mermaid? Aurora Cinderella sleeping beauty. Yeah, go back to sleep girl.
Speaker 3: Oh whoa someone.
Speaker 4: Did textan Bailey's was Gaston. Yes, I do love Gaston, but he wasn't like the first one.
Speaker 3: That one.
Speaker 4: That's I've grown to love Gaston and now it's a near an obsession. Someone did textan say, my first cartoon childhood crush was Spirit the Yellow Horse with the black maid.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's horrible.
Speaker 6: I'm looking at Aunt cast from Big Hero six and just the way. I don't know if this is intentional or not. Her shirt is just very low hanging, so you could see her like low hanging it is, and so she's got some cleavage showing, but she's just not hot to me.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, they they keep making ladies cartoons like Vava Voomy looking like the mom from Incredible.
Speaker 3: We're trying to make a more seductor. That woman's got some hips on her.
Speaker 1: WHOA, yeah, you do have a point. Yeah they do make them a little more Vava VoMi they do, indeed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: Anyway, everyone should go and watch a cartoon that means a lot to you.
Speaker 4: Someone says Dmitri from Anastasia Jim Hawkins from Treasure Planet.
Speaker 2: Not you should put what you should put that on the Facebook?
Speaker 3: She should? Everyone has one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be a good Facebook content and then.
Speaker 3: Picture quid word. That's a.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Bailey. Let's do the dirt now the news that has Hollywood talking. Dave start on Katie w b.
Speaker 1: Shabrina Carpenter always arrests somebody for being hot at a concert, so this time it was Dakota and el Fanning in Los Angeles.
Speaker 3: It's like one of you. But though I mean.
Speaker 2: It was the first time for everything, first time for everything.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: Wonder if there are some show celebrities don't go to and she'll still arrest maybe a stranger or just the random person of the crowd, or is theyre always a celebrity.
Speaker 2: That's a really good question.
Speaker 4: You never hear about the regular person that she's around.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: Ariana Grande has pivoted to exclusively acting and says that her next year's tour, the Eternal Sunshine Tour, is going to be her last for a long, long time. So she's going on this farewell tour at only age thirty two. Following Wicked for Good. She's appearing in Meet the Fokkers sequel. But other than that, she's like, I'm not going to tour anymore.
Speaker 10: I'm very excited to do this small tour, but I think it might not happen again for a long, long, long long time. Sure, you know, So I'm going to give it my all and it's going to be beautiful, and I'm so grateful that I think that's why I'm doing it, because I'm like one last Hurrah.
Speaker 4: Perfect because now she says that the last ten or fifteen years were very different than the ones that are coming up. So she's excited for this small tour that she's going to go on, but she doesn't think it's going to happen again for a long time.
Speaker 3: Without spoiling it, did you like Wicked?
Speaker 6: Last night, we went to a screening and I had to run out of there not even an hour into it because I looked at Bailey and I had to barf.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, because I actually did throw up. I got sick out of nowhere? Was it good?
Speaker 4: I have opinions about it, Oh well, let's hear it, so I won't give any spoilers to what happens. I just think the pacing for the movie was odd. So there are a lot of like really short scenes, especially like in the first half, a lot of short scenes.
Speaker 3: But in each scene there's a lot of silence.
Speaker 4: So the scenes are slow moving, but there are many of them, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: No, for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it just felt like I was waiting for something to happen, and I wanted trajectory, and I wanted like a clear dramatic structure of like, here's the thing we're fighting against, and now we're.
Speaker 3: Gonna ramp up, ramp up, ramp up.
Speaker 4: It was a lot of just like come on, say your line, please say your lik and a lot of underplaying quiet moments with a orchestral music.
Speaker 6: From what I heard before I left, I liked a lot of the songs. Already did a song that was super super good. I don't know what it was called, though.
Speaker 1: I love how You're on such a cute first name basis by Carri Ari.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my girl Ari like that. You know, she did such good. She did a lot of crying. She did a good job in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Can TSA body scanners tell when it's that time of the month for a lady.
Speaker 3: Well, here's a woman that went through TSA. So I went through security through TSA and it starts peeping. Looked at the grass, big red box right on my crutch, and it was not my pace. I asked them. I'm like, did you pick up my tampon? Like seriously? And they're like, oh no, no, no.
Speaker 6: It's just it detects extra layers, like why are you lying about it?
Speaker 3: Like that's such a weird thing to lie about, Like why don't you just tell me that, yeah, we've go on your tampa.
Speaker 4: They were getting all like hush hushy about it, like I shouldn't even suggest something like that.
Speaker 3: It's like, it's life. Who cares? So they had a safe face for her, trying not to embarrass her.
Speaker 6: This video went viral, like over one hundred thousand views after she posted it, and apparently, yes, TSA scanners can detect that stuff, because that's the point. They are literally scanners to detect what's in your super case and in your body.
Speaker 3: God forbid his drugs.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, good to know things that you don't want to talk about at Thanksgiving dinner. And some of these are gonna be obvious, but let me just review so you won't make any of these mistakes. Number one politics, Number two money, don't do things like so what are you making these days? What are you pulling down over there?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: Not enough Dave, not enough.
Speaker 1: Appearance or wait, don't shame anybody for what's on their plate. It was probably back in the seventies when people used to be like, Okay, Troy, do you really need another slice of turkey? Now you just let Troy. I mean, you can giggle to yourself and elbow your friend or your wife, but you can't make fun of Troy for getting an extra dinner roll.
Speaker 4: I was always and still am the last person at the Thanksgiving table because I eat constantly.
Speaker 3: I have a theory, Dave.
Speaker 4: Yes, go ahead, bab You start eating, okay, and then you're getting more and more full.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're ramping up, You're getting more and more full. You're going up this mountain, and then you're like, oh gosh, I couldn't eat. I couldn't eat another bite. Eat a bite, Dave. Then you will plateau, and then you can just show up as much food in your mouth as possible.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Oh? Okay, good my theory. I think you can plateau and just kind of kirby it and and at all.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of alternative dinners. It's becoming like you know, for years and years and years, Yeah, turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and you know, green bean casserole. But a lot of people are turning away from that. People don't necessarily love the Thanksgiving meal, but they love tradition.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But now people are like, we're doing spare ribs or we're doing brisket, and it's like, that's okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's fine.
Speaker 1: We are I once had at a girlfriend's house lasagna and it was like they didn't like turkey that much, and I thought that was great.
Speaker 2: So let us know, sidvia text if you're doing something, if you're.
Speaker 1: Going off the board and doing them, oh, I don't know, meat loaf instead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I could do. I could do just sides, just get rid of the main dish.
Speaker 1: I don't need turkey, okay, See, I'm the turkey is the primo centerpiece of the meal. Yeah, I would put so I put the gravy on it, and it's just turkey. Is everything else you can keep turkey?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I do other things you don't talk about at the table. Religion. Why don't you come to church with us, Bailey, That's a common question around the holidays.
Speaker 2: Their ex Why isn't Andrew here this year?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 1: I say that because Jenny's out of town and I can make that joke. I looked at you, like, okay, so what happened with you and Andrew?
Speaker 2: Know you and Andrew broke up, So what happened there? You know? Don't do that if Jenny comes over next.
Speaker 3: What I just said?
Speaker 2: Lord?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Mental health? So, Bailey, you're on a lot of antidepressants. Tell me about that. Don't bring that up, or.
Speaker 4: Bring it up from your side point of view, like, well, I've been really depressed lately.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you all about.
Speaker 1: It work or career issues. If you know things aren't going well, don't bring it up. So they hate you down at Cargill.
Speaker 2: Were there?
Speaker 1: So you're on the chopping block down at Target? Ooh, that's gotta be tough. Don't bring up keep it positive.
Speaker 3: It would be fun. You know how people have like friends giving.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it would be fun to have a friends giving where you bring this list in and that's those are the only things you.
Speaker 3: Can talk about.
Speaker 4: Oh, that'd be that'd be kind of like a switch through a little fun right bit.
Speaker 1: Another one, current relationship status, Bailey, how come you're still single? Or when are you gonna get married? Or when are you guys gonna have a baby? Can you send that to my grandma? That'd be really nice, And she do that a lot. It's not that she's like, when, why are you single or something. She'll just be like, you'll find someone eventually. You know, you're focusing on you.
Speaker 3: Grandma's and aunties. I think they reserve the right to do that. Yeah, I'm not mad about it.
Speaker 4: I think there was a time in my life where every time I went to a family gathering, they would ask me if I had a boyfriend, and then once I said no for like the tenth time, they were just like, we're gonna stop asking.
Speaker 3: So they just kind of stopped asking. Okay, yeah, And.
Speaker 1: Then finally things not to bring up other family members that aren't there, try to avoid or gossiping about someone who isn't there. It can cause a fighter at the very least, is going to bring down the mood. It's like, oh, Michelle pregnant again. She can't afford her first baby, but she sure can't afford to go out to the clubs and smoke a lot of wheat and get a tattoo and get her nails done.
Speaker 3: That's the best part.
Speaker 1: But she is having another baby with that guy that just got out of prison. So yeah, sure, so if you're gossiping about cousin Michelle, sure it's delicious, but it also might bring the room down.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, and there is your dirt, brought to you by six pet two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law.
Speaker 2: Coming up, we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna do something we haven't done for a while. Negative shout outs. Negative shout outs. We usually try to be pretty positive on the show, but it can be something like, you know, I'd like to give a negative shout out to the guy that used to bully me in ninth grade because now I own my own company and you are bald, old and fat. Or negative shout out to the person who I was pulling up at the pump at Super out of the Side Speedway stores today and they came in the other way and they took my spot at the pump, and they knew they took my spot.
Speaker 2: Negative shout outs.
Speaker 1: Load up the talkback feature on the iHeartRadio app and we will play your negative shout out and it's just for fun. We're not here to be negative for bring anybody down, but just have some fun with it. Give a negative shout out you want to do, babes.
Speaker 4: A negative shout out to my one and only sister Madison for bringing a bag of wrapped candy to the movie theater yesterday and then taking forever to choose your candy to unwrap. Crin Crinkle, Crinkle, Crinkle Lady, Come on, all.
Speaker 1: Right, negative shout outs, use the talkback feature and we'll play those.
Speaker 8: Next real life stories and a lot of laughs.
Speaker 3: The Dave Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: I'm one on one point three kd W.