Speaker 1: Morning, ladies, gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I'm like a dog in heat. I woke up yesterday morning with a spring an start later, please, I could never know what the day was us sported. Listen up, the radies just came in for last month. We are number one.
Speaker 3: We just grabbed every key demogram super duper. That's nice way to go need ogay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: Sweet, I'm like a dog in heat. Is on your side. You hear the sistin under this lad in you stray.
Speaker 4: The year is twenty twenty six. This is the Power Trip Morning to Show. I'm still Cory. That's still Chris, that's still Paul. There's Mark Harris, Sacks back there, John Christos.
Speaker 2: Here's a new year, New year, new me, Happy New Year Time, Happy New Year, Happy New Year, Corliss year one. Know how do you guys say it for him? I don't know what.
Speaker 4: Happy New Year's We'll stop.
Speaker 2: That's probably after this.
Speaker 5: This week is the New Year week. Yeah, it was late in the week. I don't think you can bleed into next week.
Speaker 6: Hey, Zacho, sweet slash, Sure there will be a Tom Pellisaro at seven forty today.
Speaker 2: You're awesome. Yay oh sweet yay yay. Yeah yeah yeah yeah. Tough time of year though, it's very sad. Yeah I know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, final final week of the NFL season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is the stills. Wait. Football does go way too fast, it does, which is wild because.
Speaker 4: Let's wrap this going up and start fresh new, you know, nine months for your son.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of good football yet to be played in the playoffs will not involve our team, but there's just nothing better than a football Sunday snacks, a couple.
Speaker 2: Of cocktails, snacks or whatever you were thinking on a Sunday.
Speaker 7: Tomorrow is going to be epic. Those are two playoff games tomorrow and I'm thankful for.
Speaker 5: Those games because I'm going to the Vikings game on Sunday, yes, with our our Packer fan friends, and uh, it's gonna be awesome. But this is like the point I'm at in my life is I love when I'm at us Bank Stadium. It's awesome, the production value, everything's just amazing. But I don't want to miss those other games Sunday. This Sunday, I don't care. The only one that matters on Sunday during the day is Atlanta and New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Three? Right? I think so, depending on what happens in the you know, the Bucks Panthers game. So yeah, man, yeah, Jason waist Man twenty twenty six though doesn't seem like a real number, I know.
Speaker 6: Is there anything sadder than that first Sunday after football.
Speaker 2: Right like after Super Bowl?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, you're looking around like what am I going to do now? Talk to people? Yeah?
Speaker 7: But good news for hockey in Parish. I think the NBA starts on uh Channel eleven prime time.
Speaker 6: We bought season tickets for every team. Yeah, we wanted to, and we want to make sure we keep them solvent. Yeah, it's our job, even the Wizards, even the Wizards.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's die hard there. Yeah. Oh yeah, well that's what we are when it comes to basketball. Yeah. They live and breathe it.
Speaker 6: Do you guys know who we play on Sunday at USBC stuum.
Speaker 2: The pack it'll who is Clayton? Clayton tune is their quarterback was like a p Yeah.
Speaker 4: This quarterback for US I mean JJ was a full participate yesterday.
Speaker 2: He was full Bowl. It's got to be JJ. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Make let him like just let him get some games under his belt. If it's McCarthy, I'm winning this bet for sure.
Speaker 2: Check this out. What do I need?
Speaker 7: Fifty four yards? Yeah, you're gonna win it anyway. Because Packers. I mean literally, John could play for the Packers on Sunday.
Speaker 2: I want to have a couple of beers the Packer.
Speaker 6: You listen to this, guys, I think because yesterday was New Year's Day, this didn't make any waves. But here's justin Jefferson on whether JJ mack got to be your quarterback next year.
Speaker 9: That's not my job. Of course, I would love for him to be here. Of course, I would love for him to be the quarterback, especially off of this year. I feel like he needs to show everybody and prove to everybody that he is that top tier quarterback. So I would love to have him, and I love to work with him and show everybody he is that number one guy. But I feel like it starts in the off season. Starts that off season working building that connection, eliminating those habits that he had that we felt that hinded him throughout the season.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna play it again.
Speaker 9: That's come my job. Of course, I would love for him to be here. Of course, I would love for him to be the quarterback, especially off of this year. I feel like he needs to show everybody, improve to everybody that he is that top tier quarterback. So I would love to have him and I love to work with him and show everybody he is that number one guy. But I feel like it starts in the off season. Starts that off season working building that connection, eliminating those habits that he had that we felt that hinded him throughout the season.
Speaker 2: Interesting, right, I like it me too. I like it.
Speaker 8: I mean, I like the enthusiasm and yeah, I mean that's a mature veteran player talking about a rookie that he clearly care is about, but.
Speaker 6: Also isn't handing him the right correct Yeah, there is that.
Speaker 2: It's not a canned answer even no, No, it's it's honest. Of course, he's the guy he's got to be. That was an honest question.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 4: Excuse me answer whichever one, yeah, one of the other. They're both honest, lover. I appreciate the honesty.
Speaker 6: It's a new year, Corps.
Speaker 2: Is it a new U?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Thank you, No, I'm not gonna change. Why would I change now? I'm forty five years old.
Speaker 2: Way too lately written. Yeah, too late in the game. Yeah, it's too late. The complaints, I mean privates that. Yeah, but that doesn't change your self driving truck. You're a self driving truck. I wish he did.
Speaker 4: Why that would be nice, like like Minority Report. Well that's kind of Vegas. Hey, I get to go to Vegas this year? Oh great, all right, it's twenty twenty six.
Speaker 6: I think that's your town, man, really is that's where you should live this?
Speaker 2: Wow? I don't disagree. This is your year, Corey.
Speaker 5: You could broadcast from that empty studio there, Yeah, Ben Mallard does, Ben Mallard does?
Speaker 4: I think frequently we broadcast from empty studios here. Today's gonna be another day where we're the only ones in the building.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you are correct. Are the shows after this live?
Speaker 6: Uh? Yeah, we're Egan.
Speaker 7: Parker I think is in for common and then guards He's I think in for like an hour and a half and then it's is it your bit?
Speaker 10: Zacho tonight USA fin five o'clock with it's actually that's just my bit.
Speaker 8: It's Marks there too, awesome coming back pressures on Mark Alex has killed it on Wednesday. Yes, she's fantastic. Yes she did big shoes. She's spectacular. I I love listening to her.
Speaker 2: I was very, very good. It was awesome. It was awesome. Got a big old jango fet ship that five times fast. Don't thank you, h it's a slave one.
Speaker 8: It's Boba Fet Jangle Fet is Boba FET's dad or I guess?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay. It was a leg okay. And and how was the first birthday?
Speaker 7: It was outstanding? Man, that little boy is Uh, he's the best. He brings a lot of joy to all of us. And uh, it was super fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did you bring him to Disney World? No, we just had it at the house. You get him a big wheel. No, but we got him one of those uh whatever cars that you push him in. He loves that. But I'll get him a big wheel, don't you worry. Oh I believe you. Word awesome? Yeah was great. Yeah, it was awesome. Yeah. I was in the office. Yeah.
Speaker 7: And then traffic, so there's no way I was going to make it in time. But the other two crystals showed up, and the ones that matter. We loved it, especially close.
Speaker 6: And he said his first words, which I thought were incredible, which were beaver did all that right before?
Speaker 2: He uh, Uncle mar Yeah, Uncle Mark, and then make a wish and he said the beaver. Ye, Rosie just nodded and got a look on his way out. Yeah. Then Rosie left. Rosie was asked to leave.
Speaker 6: He was sitting outside the windowed.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 5: It was wonderful, thank you. The first birthday parties for the parents. But he participated. He participated, He didn't get overwhelmed. He had We had a ball pit for him that everybody liked to sit in. And then at the very end of the party, my sister Kelly goes, can I sit in the ball pit? And then she sat in the ball pit.
Speaker 2: It was it was a great time. Yeah, it was super fun. And Rosie kept asking for the big knockers. Yeah he did, and it was like Rosie, get out of here, please, Bud.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's not your birthday. He was head on my mom at the first at my son's birthday. Yeah, it was weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he kept walking around hanging out.
Speaker 5: Big sucks. Your mother is the one that's stuck in the middle of the love triangle. Yeah correct, Yeah, yeah, yeah. He thought my dad would use his plus one for him.
Speaker 2: And not my mom. Incredible. He popped out of the cake. Hey, it's yeah, he did it was outstanding.
Speaker 4: Not quite Erica Lena under siege, not quite the same, not quite great scene.
Speaker 2: Yeah, game changer, Yeah, so good as a young man. Yes, I enjoyed that scene.
Speaker 6: Get in that cake for hours?
Speaker 2: He passed out. What's wrong with you? Erica Eleniak? Yeah, come on, never mind, get that playboy?
Speaker 5: Is that it?
Speaker 2: She did anything else? Baywatch?
Speaker 6: Watch Baby? Yep, she was for quite a few seasons on Baywatch. Yeah, he's a big deal for she hadn't know Beaver.
Speaker 2: Jesus, Rosie's horny today. One of these days he's going to mature. No, no, you got a one year old I do. Yeah, that's right. Yeah, it's insane.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because he's like almost walking he uh Phoenix Yep, brilliant. Yeah, he's very close to talking, and he's got some sass to him and he's great. Every second with them is outstanding.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 2: I'm glad. I love this. Yeah, he's the best thing.
Speaker 8: Before you know it, before you know it, you'll be watching watching some Stranger Things movie when he's graduating at eighteen.
Speaker 2: How about that? Did you watch it of course.
Speaker 5: Well my daughter, Oh did you guys finish the We did, and it wasn't like a slow release.
Speaker 2: It was all at once, right. Finale, Yeah, was the one to ask you guys a quick question for Rosie. Uh the purple rains scene? When is that? Is that the end? I mean closed? Who was in the finale because like a.
Speaker 7: Bunch of people, I probably won't watch it, but a bunch of people posted that whole scene on social media.
Speaker 2: A couple of print songs in the final sixty minutes.
Speaker 8: All right, yep, yeah, there was My daughter and I were crying for two very different reasons.
Speaker 2: She was crying about the show and I was crying with the show was over with my daughter. Yeah, my kiddo was trying like crazy too. Got oh, there was there was a lot of tea. I did see.
Speaker 6: The vine or whatever you want to call it, whatever the hell you call it where they're putting books back on a shelf. Yeah, and that's the one where everyboy's crying and people are like, they're crying because it's over.
Speaker 2: Their childhood's over. That's over. Tell me hard, he's out of controls. A meeting needs to be It would be a heath cry. I'm sure, no doubt. First he needs to be put down.
Speaker 6: No, and that's true too. Yeah, good for you, guys man.
Speaker 2: And did you like it? Corey?
Speaker 4: Though where you I thought it was a solid It was absolutely solid. The end, even though it made a lot of good points, the end felt a little bit like the end of Lord of the Rings, where it's like, just get on the goddamn boat, Frotto, like, there was a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of that.
Speaker 4: After the big eleven Vecna battle, there was about another hour and I'm like, there's an hour left, what.
Speaker 2: Else do we have left?
Speaker 4: So it felt a little stretched out at the end. But look, that's a small complaint.
Speaker 2: It's gross. Was it weird? When Rosie appeared and said that hadn't happened to me yet? He goes what it doesn't happened to be?
Speaker 4: If Vecna would be willing to show up to his birthday party, he would name drop him. Ye, right this way, John criesil this is the entire Purple People leaders. They're all in the Vikings Ring of fame. And this is my friend Vecna. You may have seen him on Netflix. The rest of the guys, these are the famous people over here if.
Speaker 6: You wondered if we if we were going to turn over a new leader.
Speaker 2: That's been made abundantly absolutely broad. Actually, wasn't that your New Year's resolution, corps? Yeah, lasted? What about thirty six hours? Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: I think I said cut back. I don't think I said eliminated. I think it's a cut back.
Speaker 2: I'm ripping. Yeah, Rose, I'm going to cut back in twenty six What I didn't say eliminate, just cut back. He's a lot. I know for sure he's tired of it. Well, I didn't rip him yet.
Speaker 4: I just said he would like if Vena showed up to his birthday party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would too. Seems like a good dude misunderstood a bad rap. I got a couple of people i'd invite over to my birthday. I probably wouldn't if was coming. Yeah, I don't know, man, tonight, finish him on Friday night? You know your new you? Yeah, I guess Rosie's on fired this morning. He is his private parts are Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: I had one person tell me at my gig the other day that I don't play Rosie buttons enough that's all I needed.
Speaker 2: Like, Yeah, you don't play enough. Thank you. Bob Hagan.
Speaker 6: By the way, did you uh did you getting calls from or text from Megan asking to.
Speaker 2: Come to my show the other night the day before? How was he okay? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Because he told me that he did, and I was thinking, there was no way. Is the best we had, the best time I ever met.
Speaker 2: Where's your show?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sweet? Yeah, we had a great night. It was just there. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that's great. Was it New Year's Eve? Yeah? Sweet? Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you what though, fifty five is how old I am now? And I can tell because I didn't get home to about two and I thought I was going to die all day. I had a workout schedule and I got to the place and I told my trainer, I'm like, you know what, you may just have to take me out back and shoot me. I don't think I'm gonna make it through this man being up till two.
Speaker 2: I did two, three, I was up till one and it was very very hard. Yeah, very hard. And we're over.
Speaker 5: We do our annual fire dinner. Chloe loves too and all that great. It's so fun until Switzerland, right, what's that we might be going this year? Really yes, yes, and I just realized what you meant by the joke. I've unplugged from the I normally watched the four o'clock news, five o'clock and the ten o'clock just in case anything changed. Yeah, I've been unplugged from anything not football related.
Speaker 2: And then I did see that there was a fire there.
Speaker 5: What was it?
Speaker 2: Historic? Like, what do you call this thing ski shlle or whatever you call it?
Speaker 6: Yea, yeah, yeah, And it's one of those things like do you remember we got here the morning after the Great White situation and there was video and you saw the fire start.
Speaker 2: It's the same with this thing.
Speaker 6: There's actual video of the candle catching the roof on fire. Yeah, and it's starting and it I mean forty people died.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it says one hundred and fifteen injured. Yeah, you were saying, wow. Sivin Kara liked.
Speaker 5: To get their teeth in the glass early, and so my wife and I just held them hostage. They were spending the night, and so like once it was passed me night, we're like we're not we're not going to bed yet, and they're like, okay, it's fine.
Speaker 2: And have you played the jack box game on super.
Speaker 5: Fun has been fun for twenty years. Yes, and we subscribe now through the fire stick. You can do it instead of messing with the old PlayStation I have. But the perverted one is awful because it tries too hard. Yeah, whereas like we're sick anyway, So the normal one is perverted.
Speaker 4: Which games do you like the most? The Fiage is probably fantastic, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and it's that one, and then the Murder Tvia one exactly m But it's just awesome, awesome. The four of us don't know each other so well, we know who wrote what. Yeah, it's always a stick figure.
Speaker 2: With a huge penis.
Speaker 6: That's brilliant and a smiley face because you got a giant African American man.
Speaker 2: I may have seen that from you a few rose.
Speaker 4: You'll be salivating when you see its buzz's.
Speaker 2: We've been lovely light on him the last couple of years. Person, I love it. Whoever told you that God blessed them? You want to do sports when we get back, sure, I'd love to, ye, MARTI should be here in a second.
Speaker 4: Yeah. College football was outstanding, nothing but upsets except for Indiana, and that's an upset.
Speaker 2: The college football.
Speaker 4: Playoffs, the last couple of years, all the teams that have a bye get their ass kicked except for Indiana.
Speaker 6: Every win Indiana has is an upset in my mind.
Speaker 2: They are there. That's Indiana.
Speaker 4: They just absolutely obliterated Alabama, kick the crap out of it. When even when Kirk Herbstreet says this is embarrassing, he's talking about Alabama, that's next level.
Speaker 6: It seems like I said a text message, if you have a mystery, it's like somebody's old a sould of the devil, Like what is happening is impossible.
Speaker 2: That's Indiana. Who's your football? What their asses? They were great and they do yeah, ye it wasn't. They're clearly the better team.
Speaker 6: The athletes are better, they're more disciplined, they're perfect.
Speaker 2: They're a great football team. They're gonna be tough to beat.
Speaker 4: They got Oregon know in the semis Oregon obviously is very very good.
Speaker 7: Well, they were but great last year and then I think Mark Cuban got involved in now they're outstanding sports.
Speaker 2: In a second, Marty Geller will be here in a minute. We're gonna play initials. In an hour. Creso sticking around.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna try to start the year off with the w So Parrish Hawk Creesel Barney in sauce one hour from now, and what do we had? One hundred and sixty five? I think I think we're at one hundred and six thousand, five hundred dollars with the Jackpie. That's a little around an hour from now. I guess sports and sauce after this on the fan, She's gonna be a big girl.
Speaker 10: It's your final shot to and sweet tickets this Saturday with cors Light Hockey Night joined Corey Cove at the Point in Prior Lake from eight to ten o'clock. Catch Minnesota versus Los Angeles. Enjoy drink specials and play hockey trivia for your shot at Craig prizes, including sweet tickets.
Speaker 2: All the details of campaign dot com. You were calendar, You said, that is that tomorrow? Is that the one is?
Speaker 4: Just yes, that's I think that's the one in new Market. So I think that's the wrong spot. Oh oh, that doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: Who knows that might be the same thing, Elcho new Market. Didn't you say, didn't you say Prior Lake?
Speaker 4: The Point in Prior Lake is said, Oh, I think it's Firehouse Grill in well the firehouse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, guess the tech Riots. Yes, thank you. Hey, let's do let's do some move about to our friend NAFISA call you. Yeah, that sucks.
Speaker 6: That's the upcoming unrival season, potentially the start of the w NBA season. Plans to undergo surgery on both ankles.
Speaker 2: Oh, been there, Yeah, brilliant. I'm no offense. I hope this is more successful.
Speaker 4: Sol's gone through this. They say four to six months for her. Yeah, you're a little behind schedule. Yeah, I was about nine months, nine months. They did tell me two years though, the two years, and I made it nine months.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, Well he'll heal fast fast, and uh that's a that's a tough one when you're a hoops player, especially my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they're so good with these surgeries. Now, I don't know how.
Speaker 6: Every person who's ever played basketball doesn't have bad ankles.
Speaker 4: I know, speaking of here's Mars right when we start talking links fast. Oh, hey, Perry, tell me about Will Zellers. How is he doing?
Speaker 2: How is his?
Speaker 8: Will is the most clutch player on the US team. If if if Will Zealous from Maple Grove Lefty, he's a sniper. He's got a great hockey IQ, great hockey mind.
Speaker 2: And I tell you what he is. He scored every big goal for the US.
Speaker 8: Right now, if if the team, the opposing team scores a goal, Coach Moscow has got to put Will Zeller's on the ice right afterwards.
Speaker 2: Hockey.
Speaker 5: It is crazy seeing that because his dad was the speaker of the house when I was in the legislature.
Speaker 2: And he would be there.
Speaker 5: Yeah well yeh hurt, yep, Kurt Zeller's and so Kurt Bills his his kids would be there and they're just little and so now seeing him not just play hockey at a high level, but elite, damn, something makes me feel old.
Speaker 2: Yes, it makes me feel very old.
Speaker 8: But yeah, no, I'm telling you, when when you stand out at this tournament, you're you're announcing to the NHL that that you deserve a shot.
Speaker 9: Here we go.
Speaker 2: It's wild. It's it's it's been awesome.
Speaker 8: No like the Brandon McMorrow h helped me out with some man's Kleeber, the Minnesota name Zach that have just stepped.
Speaker 2: Up and have been absolutely unbelievable.
Speaker 8: When Dan and Dan, Yeah, no, Will's been He's he's stepped up. He's been outstanding. Brodie Zeemer the captain. He is a he's a beast, he's a big old power forward. Yeah, these guys are gonna need Cole Eisaman. We need those guys to step up now because it's uh, it's must win territory.
Speaker 2: And so tonight is win or go home. Correct, Yes, and much easier for the American He was that though tonight's game USA should win. Correct. Correct.
Speaker 8: I mean it's there's definitely no there's no layups at this point now, like this is this is the metal around, This is for all the marbles are not necessarily the metal round just yet. But but yeah, no, I mean this is win or go home. This is what they're here for. The preliminary rounds done. The warm up for this tournament is officially over. R it's make it or break it, Sweet pup time, DAK.
Speaker 2: Five, five o'clock. We will have it here on the fan Love it, man, it's time for a fan five on the power trip.
Speaker 11: I love how Parish is working that game tonight. And you said what time is the game and he's like.
Speaker 2: Zach road Joy car building.
Speaker 5: Nobody else noticed, thank you about Bank Studio, And you got to say four to make sure that he's on time.
Speaker 2: Maybe three thirty Parish should go right after the initials game starts. Yeah, going there.
Speaker 11: How are you happy New York fellows as well?
Speaker 4: I'm great.
Speaker 2: Thanks, good to see you.
Speaker 4: Hey, so we got your Christmas card. We threw sauces away of course because is a bit. Yeah, I noticed on your card it says marn. We call you Marn's with an S. Your your name's Marny. On the card it just went marn.
Speaker 10: Just may are in?
Speaker 4: Yeah, are we missing something? There is marn the preferred name here?
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 11: There's an Yeah, that is a newer version my family, like cousins mom, I don't know, they've they have called me Marn for a long time.
Speaker 4: And I did stuff for that.
Speaker 5: Cousin's mom's and aunt right, yes, yeah.
Speaker 11: Specifically and it just went on the Christmas card.
Speaker 2: One year and suck. Yeah, right, just wondering that guys got a card, questioning Paul this year. Threw it away. Oh we didn't get one, Yeah you did, you didn't. It's been a joke around the house. Yeah, thrown it away anyway.
Speaker 5: I didn't know if something happened that we need to discuss no shock, you would have been first on what about us?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I mean that, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 8: The big surprise in our house was that Nikki found out that Marnie's last.
Speaker 2: Name is Gaelner. She was a little stupefied when it got returned.
Speaker 11: Well, I mean, it is my maiden name, so it's not like it's a stage name and I made it up. But yes, she sent me a message. She was mortified and I'm like, I get male. That says Gelner quite often, so it's it is nothing that she should be feeling bad about it.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, when you said to me.
Speaker 4: Here, did you get a Christmas car? Did you notice anything?
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 11: Your family looked good.
Speaker 7: I didn't.
Speaker 11: Did not even dawn on me that that's what you were talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got returned to us. What's your iron maiden name? That's wrong, Zema. I knew the family drink, but he saw us. Yeah, man, you do it, man, damn it.
Speaker 1: Last night.
Speaker 2: We learned Coy, parents of your gophers, is entering the transfer. Cat blame him. You can't be mad at him, No, you can't. Probably gotta make some money and he's gonna go win.
Speaker 6: I mean, how tough would be to sit on your couch watching these games knowing there's a ninety you'll be sitting on your couch watching these games next.
Speaker 2: Year ninety nine point nine.
Speaker 8: Yeah, made that made that, you know, like no offense to the old Huskies too, But like Tolly and I joke around about that, like if the nil was around, you know, no offense. We're we're gonna go to money. We're gonna chase the money. You don't these kids that there's no guaranteeing any of them are gonna turn pro no matter how highly touted they are, how highly drafted they are. At some point it gets down to this might be their only chance to make this kind of money. And I do not blame them one bit to either chase the money and or a championship, just like we pros do what or both or both?
Speaker 2: Yeah or both? Man, I don't blame him at all. I'll do it one the same thing. Go Huskies, anybody else? Okay?
Speaker 7: The Vikings Packers on Sunday in the final game of the season. The Packers are locked in at the seventh seed, so they will start Clayton Tune at quarterback.
Speaker 2: It's the tune squad.
Speaker 7: The Vikings are seven and a half point favorites at game time. Is new in pregame at ten? Yikes, swoop that ass.
Speaker 2: It'll be fun.
Speaker 6: I'm excited. It's our last time together this year.
Speaker 2: Saucy.
Speaker 6: You never know who's gonna get cut, right, Yeah, I enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it'll be great. Here's Justin Jefferson on his future.
Speaker 9: He's definitely a legend.
Speaker 2: He's definitely Wait on, that's not right on, Harrison Smith. He's definitely a legend.
Speaker 9: He's definitely a Hall of Famer. So to be with him, to have my locker right next to him for all of these years, for us to have that connection and growing connection over the years been crazy, you know, to see these last couple of years of his career. Hopefully is not the end. Hopefully he comes back with this, but you know, if not, I mean just what he has done for this organization, what he has done for the players that come in and out of here. He's a great guy, he's a great player. I'm glad to have role with him these last couple of years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's special.
Speaker 8: Hey again, like you can go a whole career without playing with a Hall of Famer. Those are those are special moments throughout a career as that.
Speaker 2: Jesus, it's Perry Well. And if if they keep going to go to the game now games at five, Mark Rosie, I'm gonna go home and taken them.
Speaker 5: If the Vikings keep Kwaisy at GM, then really most of the team is not going to play with the Hall of Famer. Moving Twlars next, Justin Jefferson, who is not drafted by Quays so.
Speaker 2: Man turned on. Oh, he's not wrong, he's not wrong.
Speaker 5: I'm an optimist about everything except Minnesota sports.
Speaker 2: This unit.
Speaker 4: Oh he's one of my favorite bits you do is you say you have a Vikings tattoo, and sometimes you wish that arm had been blown off, and.
Speaker 2: You said.
Speaker 5: You have it. Is well my first marriage and the Vikings. Oh god, but I left the team I do. I wouldn't rip them if I didn't care. Yeah, yeah, that's great.
Speaker 7: On New Year's Eve, Miami beat Ohio State twenty four to fourteen to advance to the College Football Semi Finals. They will battle Old miss who beat Georgia thirty nine to thirty four. That game will be next Thursday at six thirty.
Speaker 2: Anybody watch that game.
Speaker 4: I watched most of the first half, and I watched part of the town.
Speaker 2: You know, it was dumb. How did they get a safe them?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they got a safety because yeah, you know, you have to watch the entire sequence. Okay, but after the game winning field goal, there's a kickoff, there's a safety. The game's over. They start wheeling things out on the field. The referees put clock and put time back on the clock. They wheel the stuff back off the field, they run another the play, they do it again, and then finally the game ends. After that, it was the weirdest thing. Like even the people in the booth were like.
Speaker 2: What the hell is going on?
Speaker 6: Nobody knows what's going on. But that was a great game up until that moment. That was by far the best game of the college football playoffs so far.
Speaker 7: Is it true that the as you said earlier, record, the only team with a buye ever to win in the college football playoff is Indiana?
Speaker 4: That's true, right, because I think last year they were zering four. Yeah, this year they think one in three. Yep, Yep, that is correct. Nuts, It's insane, Ohio, forget Texas, Tech for a second. Ohio State, Alabama, and Georgia are all losers. Yeah right, that's just just so foreign those teams. It's those those three sound like they should.
Speaker 2: All be in the final. Yeah, it's not mathematically possible, but it sounds like it should be.
Speaker 6: This video the reference and onto the field and he's like, nice, big trophy, go beat it. And there's Rosie said, it hasn't happened to him. Oh, Rose, you're gonna do it twice. They put time back back twice twice.
Speaker 2: On the air off the or a bull. Don't worry about it, baby. That the game finish.
Speaker 7: Oregon blank, Texas Tech twenty three nothing. They will face number one Hogs Daddy Squad Indiana, who boat raced Bama three eight to three. They will battle each other a week from today in the Peach Bowl at six thirty week from today.
Speaker 2: I think if this game had been two weeks ago, Calin de Boor might be in Michigan. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, I think you're correct, yeap, because I think Alabama fans have been like enough, it's enough, get get lost.
Speaker 2: Do you think he gets fired? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I stopped carrying halfway. You my sentence. You know what I mean, like I lost interest in my own take. Well that's said, No it's not realistic. Yeah, good about it.
Speaker 7: Thanks the Wild, Zacho and Perry battle the Ducks tonight at nine to thirty.
Speaker 2: You can hear that game on the fan.
Speaker 6: Hold on before you start, hold on, well, I got to hit this because I forgot last time and night.
Speaker 2: I feel bad. We'll do that.
Speaker 6: It's time for the Hockey Minute with Mark Parrish, brought to you by our.
Speaker 2: Friends at Saint Plant State University.
Speaker 8: Go Huskies. Yes, the Minnesota Wild. They continue to roll. Whether they're on the longest road trip that some of these guys will ever be on in their career or not. This is a very comfortable, a very confident hockey team. And that was before the addition to Quinn Hughes and not. Confidence is just skyrocketed. Uh yeah, the San Jose, the little that's a better team. Oh well, they're losing the shootouts and they come back here against Stanahe I'm still enjoying that sun. Let me tell you you enjoy the West Coast swings this.
Speaker 2: Time of year.
Speaker 8: Uh, and get back on track, Just get back to State playing their hockey. Goaltending, defense, their structure, their form, their play. That's what makes them successful. Is very sound defensive team. But they have got some offensive players now to light it up.
Speaker 7: Him up.
Speaker 4: So at the Ducks, then at the King Saturday and Monday, then at Seattle next Thursday, the Wild to finally come home against Parrish's Islanders a week from tomorrow, on Saturday the tenth.
Speaker 8: And and and and and oddly enough, I will be working that game for the Islanders a trader.
Speaker 2: Wow, what does it? What time does this start? Zach? Brilliant?
Speaker 5: Bro.
Speaker 4: Just stay at the X tonight. Yeah, just don't go anywhere, just stay just camp out for a week, work at that game, like radio, TV, what tv ms? You put them things out, buddy. I will wear something nice and tight for you. That's the way I encourage people.
Speaker 2: I took that.
Speaker 6: I was, I was.
Speaker 2: It lifted my spirits. Marns, I don't know. That's my go team. It's uplifting. Well yeah that's what he wants. I don't mind if they're not uplifted. How do you like your women? Hawk breathing healthy.
Speaker 12: Let's face it, most guys are from the dark ages, stree cave men, and they like a woman to be showing her cleavage and to be wearing eight inch heels and to be wearing see through underpants. But for me, a woman looks best when she is just absolutely naked.
Speaker 2: You could not agree more. Yeah, Vikings News is next. This is the Power Morning Joe on the Then, ladies and gentlemen, good morning to you. Here we are.
Speaker 6: It's seven, and it is Friday, and we are all here, and we're all live, and we're all back together.
Speaker 7: It's not just that.
Speaker 6: It's not just that Marty's here and there here. It's not just that that the three of us are back together. Zacho's over their side. It's also Bell Bank bringing you Tom Pellisero on a special edition Friday Morning.
Speaker 2: Hi Tom, how about that?
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: Guys? Look at you?
Speaker 6: Look at you?
Speaker 2: There is you? Yeah, you must have got a tan for Christmas or something. You look great. I don't see them suggested the lighting a little bit in here. I like it great. It looks good.
Speaker 6: You look like Uncle Fester. I do I look like Uncle Fester?
Speaker 2: Bright? Isn't it powder on the top there? Yeah? You don't see the need to take anything back before we move on here. That's sad. That's what makes me feel bad. I'm just being honest. I'll turn my lights down.
Speaker 11: It looked great at fifty four Hawks, but fifty.
Speaker 2: Five, that's that's much better. The light always sitting in the dark. Great. Well, that's actually kind of cool.
Speaker 4: It looks like a streamers room, right, that's like how they that's like on twitch exactly.
Speaker 2: The earth is flat and there's ladies with huge boobs. Wow, you would it's a conspiracy. Conspiracy's going to stop listening to Randy, but the ladies aren't. Now they're zooming in on you there, Chris and Tom. I don't know, why do you bring it out of me? It's my fault. Oh, now it looks like I have a weird thing. Chris would never be a flat right on football? Go Tom.
Speaker 4: The Green Bay Packers have absolutely nothing to play for. The Vikings really don't either. Who's going to start at quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings. It looked like JJ was a full participant in practice yesterday, But what's the indication?
Speaker 2: J J.
Speaker 1: Bean full means he's taking all the first team reps. So I'm fully anticipating that he'll get another opportunity against the Packers team that he and the Vikings did not play well offensively against a couple of months ago, Lambellfield, which is kind of the last gasp of the Vikings trying to save their playoff hopes. You've seen them play recently, I mean, they aren't playing better. There's a you know scenario where they're you know, ultimately gonna end up being the third place team in the division, a chance to finish strong. You know, if you go back through it, and you're talking about at the end of the season is disappointing as it's been. You beat the Packers on Sunday, and again it's it's gonna be the JV. They're gonna be starting a guy named Clayton Tune at quarterback. They're gonna hold out any of their other key players you know that are even remotely beat up. But as disappoint as the season was, you swept the Lions, you split with the Bears and could have won the second game against them. You beat the Packers, You're four and two in the division. You're you know right around the you know, you're above the five hundred mark again. You know, it's not like that's going to wipe away everything. Else that happened this season, but at minimum, given all the challenges the Vikings had given, all the injuries, all the back and forth with the quarterback situation, you said there nine and eight. It's a credit to the coaching staff that's that's max this thing out, and the fact that you know that locker room sometimes, I mean, look around the league. You see some teams that are you know, been in kan kun and their minds for a month already. The Vikings are still, you know, playing hard and coming to play even when they, you know, on paper, have nothing to play for.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, tom By, it's okay for a few or like eight people. How you got this? Now you're okay, Tom What would.
Speaker 7: You say the percent chances JJ McCarthy is the starting quarterback.
Speaker 1: For the Vikings next season, Well, I think that you're going into the off season, you know, saw so there's no doubt that the construction of the quarterback room will be a focus in the off season. I mean, i'd say, right now, just in my head you asked me that question, I'd say fifty to fifty. You know, you certainly can see a scenario where they go okay when JJ has been on the field when he's been able to stack games. You know, there have been times where we've seen him play really well. There's the other side of this, which is JJ to this point in his young NFL career has not been able to stay healthy and be on the field. So you know that, you know, bringing in a veteran quarterback like they do with Carson Wentz after the cutdown deadline and having no reps, you know, probably was not the not the way to So one way or another, I fully anticipate the Vikings are going to be exploring all options at the quarterback position. But there is enough there with JJ. I mean, they still like the guy. They like the process and ability pre snap, they like the instincts, you know, the mechanics obviously is it's an adventure every week and there's things that he's got to smooth out in that you'd like to see him just be able to again stay healthy. I mean he suffered what four injuries now if you count the meniscus tear, the high ankle spraying, and the concussion and the broken hand. I mean that's four significant injuries. And you know he started basically half a season in the NFL. There's guys who get out of that injury phase. There's guys who don't. Whether you want to compare it to Anthony Richardson in Indianapolis or even what's happening right now in Atlanta with Michael Pennix Junior, where all of a sudden, you know, again back and forth, injured, back in, back out. Now all of a sudden you're you're playing better with Kirk Cousins down the stretch. That doesn't mean that you've given up on what your evaluation was with the quarterback. But you know the difference was the Vikings didn't have a Kirk Cousin sitting there, albeit is they weren't going to pay a backup quarterback twenty seven million like the Falcons are this year. They're going to have to, you know, address the construction of the room. But well, that surprised me at all. If JJ is the quarterback. I just think that you're talking about a far more global view of this than we're probably thinking narrowly right now about where the room stands.
Speaker 2: I saw Saucy's your hand up. I'm sorry, okay, cool, Well it's because your lights are off because Tom doesn't want to see you.
Speaker 4: I can't say I blame him even hasn't been on your mind for a whim. I actually think it looks kind of good in there, though, do you. Yeah, it looks it looks cool.
Speaker 6: You cannot see me at all. It looks perfect. Hold on, he's over there. I see his hand there. Sorry there, we're getting out there. Yah hi Marco. Anyway, yeah, Tom pelis there again, brought to you our friends at Bell Bank. And by the way, as we are live from the Bell Bank studios.
Speaker 2: Now, how about that. I mean they're moving on out to the.
Speaker 6: East side here, so as we look towards what's going to happen on Sunday, not only with our game, Let's talk about everything that's happening Saturday that sets up the player. I mean, we do have games that really do matter this weekend, and that's exciting going into the final week of the season.
Speaker 1: Tom, no doubt you got a weird situation in the NFC Salves, one that I didn't even entirely realize. I think because every permutation of the playoff scenarios we'd seen going in till last week was like, well, the Falcons aren't going to beat the Rams, and then they did, and they beat them soundly in the first half. So now you know, the first game on Saturday, you've got the Bucks against the Panthers. Even if the Bucks win, if the Falcons beat the Saints, the Bucks are out and the Panthers would you know, classic back into the playoffs at eight and nine. So the Bucks that have to win that game on Saturday and then hope that they get a Saints win on Sunday in order to win the division. Panthers have been you know, an up and down team through the course of the season. They've basically gotten, you know, win lost through the whole second second half of the year. When they've played well, I mean, they've got some really good wins. I mean, they beat the Rams at home, but they've also had some really you know, they beat the Packers in Lambeau, but they've also had some really bad losses, including getting swept by the Saints. The Bucks the rare team that it seems like the healthier they've gotten, the worst they've played this season. Baker's a little bit beat up, but he's gonna go this week. That'll be an interesting one. And then Saturday night. I mean, this is deja vu for Sam Donald, literally the same scenario as a year ago, which is primetime game. You're either going to be the number one seed if you win, or you're a wild card and going on the road if you lose. You know, Donald probably exercised at least some of those demons with the comeback win over the Rams, although that required some extreme circumstances to pull that off. They're going against the San Francisco team that you know, it's it's amazing that they are in that position given all the injuries that they've had. In fact, they haven't had Nick Bosa basically the entire season. Fred Warner has been out for a long time. All their receivers have been banged up. They didn't have Rock Party for almost half the season. Party right now is playing at the you know, the highest level. He's already. You know, people underestimate brock Purty constantly. If you got to look at him statistically, he might be the most efficient quarterback in NFL history.
Speaker 7: That's how.
Speaker 1: Passer rating, highest passer rating of anybody in NFL history he is.
Speaker 2: That can't be right, because I must be hearing you incorrectly. I believe you.
Speaker 1: Look it up. I think he's got like a one five or something passer rating unbelievable and watch him play it like watched Tail last week.
Speaker 2: There's a reason we're doing this.
Speaker 6: Meets us hates Brock Purdy hated him from the day he took this first snap till right now. Correct and every time he does anything bad, if he had slipped on a banana peece.
Speaker 11: He sucks.
Speaker 1: He makes last week, I mean that is my police askuecrambling out to his left, whirling dervish comes back. I mean, you know he's dancing, he's he's having fun.
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 1: It was interesting back in the early part of the season. People were like, oh man, look at Mac Jones. They should just keep Mac Jones. I'm like, I think people just don't get how good Brock Purty is. Kyle Shannan, He's a perfect fit for the scheme. Kyle's one with guys like Kirk Cousins and Matt Job. He doesn't need, you know, Jimmy Garoppolo, he doesn't need like the big arm, physical guy. Just see it, rip it and Brock plays with that additional playmaking ability. They're they're dangerous, you know, whether they're a wild card going on the road and playing that NFC South team or whether the forty nine ers end up puting the division and getting the buy. With all their injuries, they are still very dangerous in January.
Speaker 5: Now, Tom, is it true that Fred Warner has a chance of returning at some point in the playoffs if they advance far enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amazingly, cruisially, he does have a chance. It's probably like NFC Championship game if he gets there. I mean, he had a dislocated and fractured ankle like it was a major. It was a major injury. But he's ahead of time in his rehab. You know, that'd be huge for the forty nine ers to get him back again. They're dealing with all kinds of challenges. One reason you're gonna hear Robert Sala, the former Jets coach his name and head coaching searches again this year is it's like, look who he's playing with. I mean it literally just a bunch of like rookies and dudes are calling up off the practice squad as pass rushers and they're finding ways right now to win games. I think that this is this is such a fun year. I know it's not for Vikings fans because there are teams not in it. But like if you just like football, I have no idea who is going to win the Super Bowl. I don't even know who the team is that you say is like, well that's the team to beat. I mean the Chiefs aren't in, the Lions aren't in. The Bills are a wild card and might be the seven seed. Your number one seeds might be the Broncos, and hear the Seahawks or the forty nine ers. I mean, it is a completely wild year. And if you look at all the wildcard teams, Man, those games I think are going to be really fascinating, depending how the matchups end up, You've got, you know, scenarios where and I don't get deep into the odds, but I could certainly see all the wildcard teams going on the road and the majority of them being favorites in the first round.
Speaker 6: Again, Tom Pellisara, we've got obviously, I'd love to at least keep you during the playoffs. We're going to talk about that. Hopefully that happens. But there's so many non playoff questions I have for you as well. We don't have time to get into now, But is there ever going to be a good football team in New York again.
Speaker 2: It is it over for real? I mean both those team this are terrible. Are the Chiefs done?
Speaker 6: Or do you see them being able to reset one more time for Patrick Mahomes in this career. I guess that last one. You can answer that quickly. Do you think it's over for the Chiefs or do you think they can reset?
Speaker 1: They've reset once they reset after they lost to the Bengals NFC Championship game several years ago. Traded Tyreek Hill, got assets, rebuilt the defense, rebuilt the offensive line. They probably need to be big and bold again. We'll see what happens with Travis Kelsey. When you're in a window like they are with Patrick Mahomes and you've already put some some Lovardi trophies in the case, like you have to go for it every year, and so I think they're going to be very aggressive, you know, whether that is the spending and free agency, whether that is trades, whether maybe taking some of those other parts and looking about, you know, potentially getting draft assets like they did with Tyreek. It's a really interesting offseason in Kansas City. Somebody pointed this out to me too, and Andy Reid, you know, confirmed what we had reported a couple of weeks ago, he's going to be back. Andy's never had an offseason. Think about being one of the oldest coaches in the NFL and every year you get one month less because you're always in the Super Bowl. Patrick Mahomes has never had an actual offseason because they've gone to the AFC Championship Game at least every year since Mahomes has been there. So finally, you know Mahomes, who placed your stuff every year, he'll get a chance to rest up. Maybe Andy can actually, you know it, go et to cheeseburger in Hawaii instead of in his office through every night in the month of January.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: Never rule out the Chiefs. It did not come together and it was staggering this year, but I fully anticipate based on how aggressive they've been in the past, it'll be the same type off season.
Speaker 6: In casey I like one more thing real quick, I'll make a quick I promise the NFC North finished exactly the opposite that I thought it was going to, or it looks like it probably will.
Speaker 2: With the Lions being last. I thought they'd be first.
Speaker 6: I thought we'd be second, on and on and on the same question for the Lions, though, after what we saw happen this year and how big a deficiency there is on that team losing those coordinators, is it over for them or can they reset?
Speaker 1: Well, then they were in kind of a reset this year. There's a lot of the same parts for you, right. Losing Ben Johnson Aaron Glenn was a big deal for him. Dan Campbell took over play call duties for John Morton during the season. That probably points you to an inevitable offensive coordinator shift. I think that's gonna be a real key hire if that's how it goes for Dan Campbell. There's a bunch of guys that Dan's worked with in the past. He of course came up under Sean Payton in New Orleans, you know, worked in Miami. There's a lot of crossover. I think that if indeed they do hire a new OC, whether Dan's calling it or not, he's got to nail that higher. They've still got a ton of talent on that team. They got a lot of young guys. They have paid a lot of those young guys, and so your margin for error in terms of going out and spending those extra dollars in free agency, that's closed a little bit here. But you know, I'm certainly in no way writing off the Lions all the injuries they had. They're center retiring right before training camp. The offensive line was beat up the entire season. They're a physical group that didn't always play with that same violence we've seen from the Lions in the past. I mean no doubt in my mind that Dan Campbell will have a right role, but there's also no question they've got to do some some retooling, and it probably starts with the offensive staff.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Tom bangs Tom.
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 2: Other bye there he goes all day.
Speaker 6: Rips me though about how I.
Speaker 2: Look at That's why I could listen to him.
Speaker 9: Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: You're used to being ripped?
Speaker 6: You like to see other people get hurt.
Speaker 2: And yeah, you know you And look at how tan he looks. And I know I like this. Lights are you watching us?
Speaker 3: Do?
Speaker 2: Comrade? I'm a good looking man in the dark. You guys are glowing in the dark.
Speaker 11: We put a filter on these cameras at all, like a Snapchat filter just here and there.
Speaker 2: What do you want?
Speaker 6: God, you're so used to using Snapchat, Well they do it.
Speaker 11: During timeouts at Wolves games and Links games. They put people on the you've seen it. Then when you make eye contact or open your mouth or whatever, the signal is yeah yeah, boom you're an old lady or your face is stretched.
Speaker 2: I think it would just you know, it doesn't need to be We don't even need to.
Speaker 11: Know when it's happening, right, and the watchers at home would.
Speaker 4: Be that would be right, tickled, tickled, wacky, wackyck.
Speaker 7: Tickled.
Speaker 2: That's the same thing, because.
Speaker 4: We look like Zacho. Can can these cameras do that?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: And the dark cris is even crazier.
Speaker 6: I know that's because when it gets dark, I get wacky.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, your circadian rhythm is thrown off. Come back to me, Zach.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 6: But if you wake up in the middle of the night and you look to the side of your bed, marns and this is what you see.
Speaker 4: Wakes could have had that experience if you had shared a room with him in Fargo. All Right, sports in a second, probably who knows, maybe we've done a lot of sports today, and then.
Speaker 2: Initials in like fifteen minutes. This is the powers you wonn't you on the man