Speaker 1: All right, it's mojo in the morning.
Speaker 2: I think I have to switch up what I'm drinking. I think I realized and I am a big bourbon no alcohol.
Speaker 1: I am a big bourbon guy. Like I love bourbon.
Speaker 2: I only started liking any kind of brown alcohol when COVID happened and we were all like on lockdown and it became like a big deal like bourbons and stuff like that. But I'm now officially at this point where it wrecks me. It never did this to me, and I think it's because of the weight loss shots that I'm doing.
Speaker 1: How So, though it.
Speaker 3: Too drunk or it makes you sick the next.
Speaker 2: Day, I have one. No, I don't get hangovers. I just get way too drunk off of one drink. And it's to a point where I can't just do one drink, like I got to have a couple of drinks because I drink, you know, to be social, and I'm social for periods of time, so it's usually a long period of time. So I've gotten to a point now where I'm contemplating, like do I change my drink? And I was talking to the official drinkologist of my life, Brian Reef. You know our good friend Brian. Brian is Brian knows a lot about drinks. So Brian will go out sometimes and he's a huge bourbon guy too, like he's got an amazing bourbon collection. But he is like also good at going out to a place and he'll order, you know, some kind of a drink that I'm like, what is that? And it's tequila or something, or he drinks a lot of gin. So he had me drinking. Last week we golfed and he had me drinking because I told him this a Tom Collins, which to me was like, oh my god, that's like my dad's drink.
Speaker 1: Do you ever have a Tom Collins? He loves Tom Collins.
Speaker 2: Tom Collins, let's look it up here right now, isn't funny? I know what you were king drinking?
Speaker 1: It is gin? So I did. It was with gin. The Tom Collins recipe, I.
Speaker 4: Like, didn't drink.
Speaker 3: I feel like it tastes like pine needle.
Speaker 2: Really, Tom Collins consists of gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, lemon seltzer or plain seltzer cocktail, cherries, a slice of lemon before so.
Speaker 4: It's like a French seventy five. That's my favorite, right now it's cherries.
Speaker 1: It's delicious, very refreshing.
Speaker 2: The other thing that I am really into, and I've been getting into this lately, is and I'm not a Seltzer kind of guy, so I want you to know this. I normally don't drink Seltzer's, but there is one particular Seltzer that I am obsessed with.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 1: It just tastes so good, it goes down so good. Surf sides your steps, I.
Speaker 4: Mean he tried, he liked it. Yeah, those are good.
Speaker 5: Wait, but they're not am I thinking of? I know what surf sides are. They're not carbonated, are they.
Speaker 1: They're uh, they're they're like bubbles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see see. I hate that it has to be super carbonated.
Speaker 1: Taste.
Speaker 2: What's your flavor? They got a few of them and they're all lemonadeish. How's the mango? I'm not a big mango guy. I don't like mango. I do like a pink lemonadeish one.
Speaker 4: Don't they have iced tea version.
Speaker 6: Their new flavors are blueberry, raspberry, BlackBerry, and mango.
Speaker 1: That's the new flavors.
Speaker 3: They have strawberry lemonade.
Speaker 2: That sounds good. Yeah, that's a good one. Do you know what I don't like? There's one that is really overrated. Can we do Can we do a little Seltzer update and ask people to tell us what Seltzer's they're drinking they are.
Speaker 3: I think I feel like people are getting away from them white Claws.
Speaker 1: Back in the day, we were really.
Speaker 4: Good because they were the only one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were good.
Speaker 2: The one that I cannot get and I don't understand, and they only have it at the golf courses that I go to. And I don't know why. It's high Noon's high Noon has no flavor to it at all. It's so untasty, like BA, I might as well just get myself a Lacroix with a little bit of vocation.
Speaker 1: I think that's why people like Lacroix.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, people love Lacroix.
Speaker 2: But I don't like the idea of not having some taste to it. But I think that makes you drink them quicker. Really, I do the only sound like I feel.
Speaker 6: Like the last time I had some high notons, I was with a doctor Reynolds, and I feel like, to your point, they really didn't have a taste, but it made me smash them even quicker.
Speaker 1: I mean like I went through a couple of cans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you well, you drink them faster because you're hoping that the watermelon that the can says it has will come in a flavor. The other one that I kind of have have liked is Mick Ultra does one if you haven't seen it, Mick Ultra has a version of a Seltzer and it's actually pretty good.
Speaker 1: Plus you look not like.
Speaker 2: A Seltzer drinker because people think you're drinking a mic Ultra, you know, because it's got the logo and everything on there.
Speaker 3: H Ranch Waters, I love Ranch Waters.
Speaker 1: Do you you're a tequila drinker? Huh?
Speaker 5: Not really, but I like it in in that what's like, I wouldn't ever just have a tequila on the rocks.
Speaker 3: Never the one that has like a super high alcohol percentage. It's Cutwaters.
Speaker 1: Cut Water. Now were talking the.
Speaker 5: Espresso and the white Russian Cutwaters are so good.
Speaker 3: People get.
Speaker 1: Hold on Brandon's with us. Brandon are you there? Yes, sir? What's going on? What's your favorite?
Speaker 4: I like yourself.
Speaker 7: I can't stand any of them, but the sunny D Celsis, Oh.
Speaker 3: God, Sony D makes a selfie.
Speaker 4: I don't even like Sony d. I couldn't love.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 3: They're so good.
Speaker 7: They're so good and also first time long time.
Speaker 6: Could you imagine if you're the soccer parent and you make except the sunny Ds?
Speaker 3: Wait they do?
Speaker 1: That's I love it.
Speaker 3: There you go, Thanks for putting me on.
Speaker 2: Do kids Do kids still drink sunny Bees? Or is that just something we grew up with my nephew Zoo.
Speaker 1: Classical.
Speaker 2: Here are some other ones too, truly that Neutral they have a good pr campaign because they're in a lot of places. Not a huge fan of Neutral unless they do advertise, and then I will become a fan.
Speaker 4: And uh, oh you know who has one? Alanie? Did you know a Lani has a hard sultzer?
Speaker 5: No, that's like a heart attacks.
Speaker 3: Like a energy drink.
Speaker 2: Hold on my second, here Katie is with us. This is the other one I was gonna say. I'm gonna let you say it, Katie. What's your favorite?
Speaker 3: My favorite?
Speaker 1: I'm obsessed with the Good Boys lately.
Speaker 3: I feel like not a lot of people know about them, but.
Speaker 5: The parent I packed the dragon fruit peach like so smooth.
Speaker 4: I'm obsessed.
Speaker 2: So it isn't Good Boys owned by uh that golfer.
Speaker 1: What's his name, Uh, John Day? Yeah, and it helps dogs.
Speaker 5: And I'm like a huge dog lover, so I'm like, he buzzed and helped dog.
Speaker 4: I'll crawl her.
Speaker 1: John Day. You gotta trust because he's a partier man.
Speaker 6: That guy, he's that guy I had to gilmore right, he's big, the big factor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with the mullet hold on, I'm gonna bring somebody on the phone with us, the official vot or the fish. He called me day before yesterday and I called him back and uh, and I said, what's up, Louis?
Speaker 1: And Louis goes, you don't love me anymore. You don't call me anymore, you don't talk about me anymore. And I said, you know what, I got to get Louis on the phone.
Speaker 2: Louis Yeldo from the brass Mugs on the phone with us.
Speaker 7: What's up morning, Good morning.
Speaker 1: You're feeling better, buddy. You were not feeling good yesterday.
Speaker 7: I'm a lot better.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This guy, by the way, he just takes he takes no medicine at all. You know what he does. He just drinks vodka, bourbon whiskey. Too many fauls, too many seltzers, so I think we talked to you before about the Seltzers you at the Brass Mug. He's got like a like a walk in fridge of Seltzer's. Which is, what are your top three sellers right now? At the Brass Mug. We're counting it down like Ryan Seacrest on the Weekends, good Boys, number three, number two, uh side number and the number one Seltzer.
Speaker 1: Tell me it's not the high noons.
Speaker 4: Manqua tequila.
Speaker 2: I'm not a tequila Louis tried. Louis and my wife have tried to get me into tequila. I can't do tequila. Tequila is too manly for me.
Speaker 1: Louis, I thought that's good for you. Louis.
Speaker 6: Would you you would you consider cut water a Seltzer.
Speaker 1: That's a different category.
Speaker 7: Uh No, different like a TV, like a It's like a gin, but that's not It's not like Falter though.
Speaker 4: Okay, specialty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, them boys get you cutty buddies, get you two of them.
Speaker 1: You ready to go? Can I ask it? With the cut Waters? What are the flavors that are the good ones? They got a mango, I bangwet, they got a lime. I bang with them. Not only do I really try though, so mango mango and lime cut water.
Speaker 5: What are some what's that Expresso martin and white Russian Those are more wintry fall. Not a Spressalmartina, but the white Russian for sure they have they.
Speaker 7: Have a banana mudslug.
Speaker 1: Banana banana mud slide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Louis, Espresso martinis are still so hot, right, Everybody loves going to a bar and at the end of their meal having an espresso martini as they're after dinner drink, right or is that just still My issue is I.
Speaker 3: Don't want to be up all night. Really, I'm going to be out till three, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure, but I don't know. Hold on, hold on a second. Alex got one that we should try. What's that called Alec?
Speaker 1: The popsicle Seltzers. I think they just came out in Michigan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, did I see that somewhere?
Speaker 1: Do you have that at Brass mug LOI?
Speaker 7: Yes, you know who came out with one of the power.
Speaker 3: Aid and gather as.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable, got one.
Speaker 7: And gathered to have one, and they're like crazy, Oh my god.
Speaker 5: The popsicle ones are the red grape orange popsicle flavors, like from popsicle brand. I saw like a like a bomb pop flavored one. Really, I don't know what brand it was, Alec.
Speaker 2: What's going on? It's mojo in the morning. I'm changing up my alcohol that I drank.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 8: I am a bartender at Prime seven in Commerce Township. I'm the manager, okay, and we sun Cruisers are probably my biggest seller right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's n lemonade.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like an Arnold Palmer.
Speaker 4: It's really good with vodka.
Speaker 3: I don't know half of these.
Speaker 2: Do you like that people do this as a bartender because they you don't have to do any mixing.
Speaker 1: All you gotta do is just open up the can.
Speaker 3: I still like making my mixed drinks.
Speaker 8: I'm I like making them, but it's easy when it's busy, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that it's this is tough for bartenders because I bet you people don't tip as well when they're not getting a drink made for them, right.
Speaker 6: So Prime is like a good local bar. So I have a lot of my regulars that still take care of me.
Speaker 5: No matter what.
Speaker 1: You guys should come check it out.
Speaker 2: We'll have to come over and see you. Hold on a second. Mayana is on with us. Please say hello to Louis yeldo from the Brass Mug and uh.
Speaker 1: I'm good.
Speaker 8: Also first time, long time welcome.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 8: I don't hate me.
Speaker 3: I hate cut waters.
Speaker 8: They are gross to me and they don't do anything. I get zero effects from cutwaters.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe I'm just maybe I.
Speaker 1: Have iron liver, but.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 8: If you've heard of two chick Seltzers. They're really, really, really good, but they're hard to find. They have an elder flower like hair and vodka.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 8: The orange ginger and whiskey one. Because I love old fashions. I'm always looking for to chick Seltzer and he already.
Speaker 1: Said they got a palm.
Speaker 6: Yeah I did.
Speaker 8: I've tried all of them and they have a variety pack. I don't like the lemon chill one. It's too much lemon.
Speaker 4: Okay, but yeah, those I.
Speaker 8: Do see them sometimes at Meyer, but I can't find them anywhere else. I'm always on the hunt.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's crazy though, that I like Louis like shouting out, come to Brass Mug, we got you here.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: By the way, Louis never lets you leave without something that you didn't pay for too, Like it's crazy, I out of the blue, all of a sudden, you're walking out of there with. Could be anything from another you know, great item, or it could be food from the what's the Middle Eastern restaurant next door to.
Speaker 1: You, Louis Green Theater.
Speaker 2: It's so good, the best hummus ever, It's really good. What's up, Derek?
Speaker 1: Are you doing? Hey?
Speaker 7: I wanted to give you a little backstory on the Good Boys. So it was a younger guy that started it as a vodka company. He was I think he was. He was under thirty.
Speaker 1: He's from Southwest Michigan.
Speaker 7: Actually wow, yeah, yeah, And it started as a vodka company and the slogan wash every poor helped to pump it was for car charity and UH and then it morphed into the Saltzers and John Daily he's a huge endorser. But I have a bunch of friends in West Michigan around the Grand Arapids area that were early investors.
Speaker 1: And Alex Pratt. Wow, that's wild.
Speaker 7: Alex Pratt, Yeplex Pratt.
Speaker 2: And he's got the smartest UH person with him doing it too.
Speaker 1: You know. So that's that's good. Huge ambassadors, real quick.
Speaker 2: I got to end this topic right now, Louis do I look a little wimpy though, going from being a bourbon drinker to now all of a sudden, sucking on a sunny side.
Speaker 1: Refreshing.
Speaker 7: Sometimes they're good.
Speaker 3: They're refreshing, especially if you're in the golf course and okay, you know your golf and you're you're you're in the pool.
Speaker 1: They're good salesman.
Speaker 4: Right there by the way.
Speaker 2: He would never although I got to tell you, he won't let me go to the casino with him if I'm having one of those.
Speaker 1: Right, not not in the casino. All right, I'll talk to you later, buddy. Feel better, Okay, I'll see you better, see you, guys.