Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Story about the ninety five year old going to the doctor, the urologist and saying, doctor, I'm having a very hard time peeing.
Speaker 3: How old are you? I'm ninety five.
Speaker 2: You've peted enough and that's the issue with Warren Buffett.
Speaker 3: And now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: It is a Thursday morning, November thirteenth, and we're expecting the rains.
Speaker 3: I think this afternoon, right, Amy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's gonna be.
Speaker 5: It's looking more like it's going to roll in tonight, so we may we may not be affected for the afternoon commute like we were thinking yesterday.
Speaker 4: So that's good news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be a rough couple of days as this thing comes in. Hopefully it's a fast moving storm that is not going to be part above us anyway.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Amy, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: H Do you care?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: Do care?
Speaker 2: Bill always see I'm sorry to got the way around. I care No, good morning, Kno, good morning, And I don't care. I know you don't Dan Neil who I don't care if you care? But right, care, right, Neil cares? Okay, will you don't care what happened exactly? And and good morning morning Bill?
Speaker 3: I care? I know you do. It's lovely that we all care.
Speaker 2: I was just watching a news Fox News up on the monitor, and I thought was kind of strange because the interview was with Neil Gorsic, Associate just Supreme Court, one of the nine Supreme Court justices.
Speaker 3: I'm going, what the hell is going on?
Speaker 2: I mean, when does the Supreme Court? Supreme Court justice go on Fox? He wrote a children's book. A Supreme Court justice. He wrote a children's book. I'm going while and he's talking about it and pitching it, and the title is, if your mommy gets an abortion, She's going straight to hell?
Speaker 3: Why do I have that right?
Speaker 6: Pretty close? No, it's called if your mommy got an abortion? You wouldn't be reading this?
Speaker 2: Uh, also true. But I like the first one better because it's never mind. I actually I'd love to see it. I don't know, I can't even imagine what it would be like. In any case, let's.
Speaker 3: Abortion. I know what abortion is about, okay, I think.
Speaker 1: Well, you produce one every day here, Okay, all right, it's.
Speaker 3: A slow start. Okay, it's a slow.
Speaker 6: Squaky wheel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it's I was just thinking I was processing that. All right, Well, we have the bill passed. The funding of the US government is now on track. The big news regarding the funding snap bill, snap payments will be made very interesting, and the politics of it. We'll talk a little bit later on about how it's being portrayed both by the Democrats and the Republicans, and they are not on the same planet in describing what happened and what was brought up. As far as traveling, be prepared for next few days at least, the delays and the cancellations going up, although I understand that air traffic controllers are coming back in droves, and then the entire issue two thousand dollars per well, ten thousand dollars per air traffic controller who worked for any of them who worked during the shutdown, Now, how about those they called in sick. I was just thinking about that and asked for the ten thousand dollars and saying, hey, I was working, I was just sick. You can't just you can not penalize me for being sick.
Speaker 3: And I'm thinking different.
Speaker 2: Ways of attacking this and is it gonna happen? I don't think so, because I think it was just another one of those the President woke up in the morning and said, Hey, why don't we try this, you know, throwing out the trial balloons? Okay, anything else going on, folks that you want to talk about before we jump into the news, Say what was going on?
Speaker 3: Same old It's going to rain?
Speaker 5: Okay, President, Yeah, kind of going down the list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, President writing to the Israeli head of state, the President of Israel, to pardon Atenahu.
Speaker 3: How unusual that one is.
Speaker 2: So we have some fun stuff to talk about in the meantime, Why don't we hit the news straight on? Okay, it's time for handle on the news on this Thursday morning, November thirteenth. We're right around from Thanksgiving and on th just a quick reminder before we hit the news, is that Thanksgiving Day Thursday and Friday.
Speaker 3: Neil, you're filling in both days, right, yes, sir?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Okay? Yeah, Well, every.
Speaker 2: Single year Neil fills in for me and has for many many years. On Thanksgiving. It he gives recipes and it's all and when I tune in, it's basically always the same thing, all right, don't put a frozen turkey into a turkey fryar and don't buy a butterball turkey with that little pop up because that doesn't do very much.
Speaker 6: I don't even think they put those in there anymore.
Speaker 3: You know, you're right.
Speaker 1: Have you heard your legal show. It's the same questions and the same answer.
Speaker 3: That's true. Yes, well, it's always the same answer.
Speaker 2: I know it's different answers because I start to make them up, but yeah, it's pretty much the same over the years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you pretty much hear the same thing.
Speaker 2: Occasionally I'll get a new one and ocasionally you'll get a new one, and it's always Oh and I have a frozen turkey and I want to defrost.
Speaker 1: Its frozen turkey, and I'm going to sue them because it should be cooked.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and you always talk about you do not want a turkey sicle. It doesn't work out, okay, handle on the news, Amy Neil and Me lead story Get out.
Speaker 4: Out, We got it.
Speaker 2: The federal government is officially on its way to reopening because last night the President signed the law and the spending package went through narrowly passing the House. On a shutdown in the nation's history. So President Trump has number one, he has number two, and I don't.
Speaker 3: Know who the third.
Speaker 2: Uh when the third longest shutdown was. During the course of the last decade, decade, two decades, three decades, these shut downs happen almost regularly. There are more that happened then don't happen. But it's one day, two days. If it goes beyond two days and heads into several days, and it starts becoming big news.
Speaker 3: This one forty three days.
Speaker 2: Until the new budget, until the shutdown was averted, stopped, goodbye. And so we'll talk more about that coming up, Okay. And then there's all the politics about the snap the food stamps situation, where the administration is saying, we've always wanted food stamps to be issued and we were stopped by the Democrats. They go, wait a minute, hold on, am I hearing this right? So everybody is looking at it in totally different ways. So more about that at seven o'clock. Ooh.
Speaker 5: Another attempt at taking down Trump. Documents have been released by the House Oversight Committee that are basically emails to and from Jeffrey Ebstein about Donald Trump, and they say he knew about the sexual abuse of underage girls, but never participated. The thousands of pages of documents were released, Epstein wrote in an email to himself in February of twenty nineteen that Trump knew about it, and he came to my house many times during that period. That happened several months before he was arrested on sex trafficking charges.
Speaker 2: This one looks like I've guessed right on this all along.
Speaker 3: I have said for a.
Speaker 2: Long period of time, did Donald Trump participate in having sex with minors?
Speaker 3: I don't believe that at all. For a bunch of reasons. Was he aware?
Speaker 2: Epstein says he was, but there isn't a whole lot of proof that he did, so I don't think there's a lot there. What the downside, where the toxicity is, is that Donald Trump was a lot closer to Epstein than he said that. That relationship went deeper and it went longer, and anything close to Epstein. If you changed, if you were a member of the Triple A, if you were a driver, a tow truck driver, and you changed Epstein's tire, that connection is going to come back to bite you in the ass. So that's what I think is going to pan out. Donald Trump saying I barely knew the guy. I stopped, you know, decades ago. No, No, the relationship kept on going. Was he involved in any of the wrongdoing. No, And I'll tell you why. It's not even a moral call morality, which, of course, the morality of having sex with minors is insane.
Speaker 3: That's just not Trump's wheelhouse.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey Epstein's brother was interviewed and knew about this entire relationship, and he said Epstein and Trump, their relationship were twenty year old, twenty something year old models.
Speaker 6: That's Trump.
Speaker 2: He's not interested in. You know, the youngest is in there in their twenties. That's been his history when he was younger. And now, I mean, look at the women he's been with, you know, Miss Universe contests. So that that I think is the reality. It's just not his wheelhouse. I just don't you know why.
Speaker 1: I don't think so either. But in twenty nineteen, he had Trump telling reporters that he had no idea about what was going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is exactly what was he supposed to say. Oh, sure I knew he was trafficking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, and there isn't He's never going to kill them. As the wrongdoing.
Speaker 1: If he did have knowledge of that, I'm not going to say that it's worse than if he participated, but.
Speaker 6: That's pretty horrific too.
Speaker 4: Knowledge of that, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: I think there was so many there's not the president of the United States, and well he wasn't the president of the United States.
Speaker 3: A bat had it.
Speaker 1: But listen, you have mothers that look the other way when their husbands are raping their children.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you do me.
Speaker 6: That is absolutely equal across the board.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 2: Whether he had knowledge or not that one, I don't know. But remember with how many people knew about Harvey Weinstein, Harvey even to the to the point, to the point at at one of the Awards dinners that was televised, the joke on the stage was how many women that Harvey Weinstein had sex within?
Speaker 4: Everybody laughed very nervously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so. I think.
Speaker 2: I think the downside, what I think, what I think the downside is going to be is Trump just had closer relationships with Epstein, and I don't think he knew of it, although a lot of people did, or maybe he heard rumors, I mean knowing directly other than hearing rumors.
Speaker 3: What do you do with that. I don't know how far that goes.
Speaker 2: But Trump has never been accused of anything involving the Epstein matter, nothing by anybody.
Speaker 1: Okay, we talked about this yesterday a little bit as Congresswoman Adelita greed Jalva.
Speaker 6: What's her background? Is she a Latina? I have no idea.
Speaker 1: She was sworn in as a US House of Representative, the newest member. And the whole thing behind this ties into the Epstein files because she will pave a way for Jeffrey Epstein files vote and those files to be opened. We had a little trickle of the emails, but we're all wondering to see how deepness goes.
Speaker 2: Now Congress is voting with her signature, is now mandating that Department of.
Speaker 3: Justice released those files.
Speaker 2: Of course, Mike Johnson has been fighting a fighting at fighting it because the president doesn't want those released. We're getting and you can see why because we're getting some of the bits and pieces. Mike Johnson refused to to swear in because the Congress with the House was not in session, because he wouldn't let the House be in session, and when he was asked.
Speaker 3: But you did it before with other people to be sworn in. That was his answer.
Speaker 6: Okay, solid, So Gov.
Speaker 5: Gav wants to get away from this one. The governor's former chief of staff has been indicted by a federal grand jury.
Speaker 4: Her name is Dana Williamson.
Speaker 5: She's accused of conspiring with others to steal two hundred and twenty five thousand dollars from dorman political campaign and then funneling that into a friend's account over a three year period. And Governor Newsom again distancing himself from this person. He says he was not involved in the matter and not mentioned in the legal documents from the Department of Justice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at this point, there doesn't seem to be any connection. But in terms of this the wrongdoing with John's with Governor Newsom, although there is an allegation against the Department of Justice saying that the department was forcing her trying to get her to connect Newsome with this, but again there's no proof of that either. So it's you know it, basically, it's a thief who happened to be working for the governor or actually wasn't even employed of the governor at the time, and stole some money. And therefore we've got to make a huge deal about it. It's your regular normal corruption case. Stole money, thank you, let's go to prison.
Speaker 6: Follow the hair gel. Yeah, it'll come out.
Speaker 3: I like what you spend money on. That was so terrific.
Speaker 2: It's fifteen thousand dollars for a handbag and just a pet. Yeah oh yeah, really yeah dollars at an amusement park, at a theme park. How do you do that? So anyway, private jets all that, okay?
Speaker 6: Parking, yeah, parking.
Speaker 1: President Jasnel Trump remains committed to that two thousand bucks that sending each American two thousand dollars dividend check and distribute from the tariff revenue.
Speaker 6: So we'll see if that ever happens.
Speaker 1: Of course, he gave the caveat about anybody that makes too much money, but.
Speaker 3: It's means tested. Means testing makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's an argument that social security should go that should be means tested. A lot of arguments that you know at some point you don't need the money, so that works.
Speaker 3: I'll buy that.
Speaker 2: And what I like about this story is that no one knew about it except the president one day, I think in the morning a few days ago, said hey, why don't we try this one, and everybody's scrambling.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see what we can do with this one. And so there's no specifics.
Speaker 6: Pardon, pizza for everyone.
Speaker 3: Pizza for everyone.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: Even Treasury Sectory Scott Bissent Or Bessent said maybe he's referring to tax savings under the big beautiful bill. That's what he was referring to. So it's just fun one thing day to day at all changes.
Speaker 5: Fewer people are who are here illegally or driving big trucks legally.
Speaker 4: In California, the.
Speaker 5: State plans to revoke seventeen thousand commercial driver licenses. The Trump administration had raised concerns. Remember that there was a really nasty crash in Florida and then there was another one out in Ontario on the ten involving illegally illegal immigrants driving big league big rig trucks.
Speaker 4: Easy for me to say.
Speaker 5: But Governor Newsom says, it's not because Trump raised concerns about it. It's because the DMV checked the lay licenses and discovered that the expiration dates went past when the drivers were legally allowed to be in the US.
Speaker 2: How does what if the DMV have a connection with that explain that to me. I don't get that. How the DMV knows whether someone is legal or not? I don't get that at all. What do you mean how does a DMV know whether someone is legal or not? How do they have records to immigration? Maybe I'm missing something.
Speaker 5: Well, I would imagine that they have to provide a visa or if it's not proof of citizenship, it would be a visa or something like that.
Speaker 6: Right, don't you have to And isn't that a question on there whether you're I.
Speaker 2: Think I think in California you can be a non documented and still get a driver's license. I do believe that. And maybe it's so I don't know. And the administration, I mean, is right you don't want people who are here illegally to have driver's licenses. I'll buy that, although there's an argument on the other side too. Wouldn't you rather have someone who has a driver's license drive around than someone who doesn't have a driver's license drive around because at least you take the test to get a driver's license. So the point is seventeen thousand commercial driver's license given to immigrants?
Speaker 3: This after the Trump administration raised concerns.
Speaker 2: That's when California says, Okay, we'll revoke seventeen thousand of these. So I'm a little confused about that. But the bottom line is you don't want illegal aliens to have driver's licenses unless you do God damn it, good stuff here. I mean, that's just analysis beyond analysis. Sometimes I walk away shaking my head as to how brilliant I am with this stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, nothing new around here in southern California. When you have big fires like we did in January, the Bird scar areas including you know, Canyon Eton Palisades, all of these areas, of course, we're going to have the concern of rain. So evacuation warnings have been issued for several of these scar areas in Los Angeles County officials of course preparing for heavy rain, as Amy was saying on wake up call, probably coming near the end of the day or into the evening tonight, but those evacuations will probably start as our guests.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be hearing more tomorrow about what areas have flooded.
Speaker 1: Sure, because we're looking at one hundred percent chance of rain tomorrow, rain and Saturday. So civil rights leader, as you heard earlier as well, Reverend Jesse Jackson hospitalized in Chicago. So he has apparently some sort of neurological or neuro degenerative condition that he's had for for a decade, his organization said, And the family is appreciating all prayers at this time, but not going on much more than that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they originally thought he had Parkinson's, but it looks like he doesn't. Although you know, the symptoms were much the same, shaking of the hands and all that. It's tough to see people at parkinson My mom had Parkinson's.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is absolutely tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was so difficult to try to shake hands with her the last few years of your life.
Speaker 6: You just couldn't do it along with you.
Speaker 3: Why all right?
Speaker 4: Moving on, UCLA may or may not be moving So.
Speaker 5: Pasadena and the Rose Bowl took UCLA to court yesterday and they said, hey, you can't talk to anybody about leaving the Rose Bowl and maybe playing at Sofi Stadium. But the judge denied a request for a temporary restraining order that tro would prevent UCLA from moving over to so Far the Rose Bull has a lease with UCLA to play at the stadium through twenty forty four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did a story on this one and the reason and the tro the temporary restraining order. The judge said no because there's no game scheduled. You know, what do we do tell you not to do what you're not going to do.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Although UCLA has not said that it is not considering relocation.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, no, UCLA is considering relocation. Can they await that contract? Well, you can have to pay for it, obviously there's going to be yeah. I mean you can break a contract anyway you want. Just what are the consequences And they're talking about breaking it and they're trying to figure out it's just dollars, that's all breaking the contract and moving over to sofar. What does UCLA get well on it gets ticket revenues big time, it gets revenues from parking, It gets revenues from the concessions, the merchandising, which it doesn't yet at the Rose Bowl. So it's just a question of dollars. And what the Rose Bowl and Pass they didn't want is a billion dollars in damages if that contract is broken.
Speaker 3: So no dollars to donuts. That's the other thing.
Speaker 2: They don't get any donuts that are sold on site. UCLA doesn't get and would if the move happened.
Speaker 1: Supply and demand now it is if you have the supply, we demand what you pay for it or how much you can charge. You have the Los Angeles City Council voting yesterday basically what they're trying to do. They're trying to strengthen the rent stabilization law for the first time in forty years. They're setting a four percent ceiling on an annual rent increases for a massive portion of the city's housing stock, which you know, on one side you think, oh, this is gonna be great. On the other side, you've got you know, landlords going well, okay, then we're not going to fix things, and right.
Speaker 6: It's going to change. You know, it's not gonna be making.
Speaker 2: None of those This is zero sum games. So every time someone win on one side, the other side loses.
Speaker 6: So what are you gonna do. Have the government owned housing, Well.
Speaker 4: That's one way of doing it Downny wants.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, he does, but he wants the government to officially own all of New York, every building, every city, every street, and you will be working for the government. Now that's communism. He doesn't want that. He wants socialism. He wants you, actually, he wants you to make as much money as you possibly can and just give it all to him, to spend all the social phlograms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then he'll give me out.
Speaker 4: Trust.
Speaker 2: You know, everybody thinks that Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren hate rich people.
Speaker 3: They love rich people. They love rich people.
Speaker 6: What's the old saying socialism?
Speaker 1: Socialism stops working when you run out of other people's money.
Speaker 2: Pretty much, the richer people get, the more money you can get from them in taxes.
Speaker 3: Oh, I saw one of these the other day.
Speaker 5: Way Mo robo taxis on way Mow roadways.
Speaker 6: But up up up.
Speaker 5: Waimo has announced that it is going to start taking customers on the freeways in its one hundred and twenty square mile service area in Los Angeles, also going to expand to freeways in San Francisco Bay Area and Phoenix.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: They've been out testing on the freeways with safety drivers in place since early this year. They say, you know what, we're at a point now we think it's safe enough, and so we're going to go ahead and expand.
Speaker 4: They've been driving on city streets for the last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder about people who shut this stuff down saying, oh, we have some crashes, Okay, how many crashes happened as a result of human error, drunk people driving, people falling asleep, just blowing it negligence.
Speaker 3: This is the way of the future.
Speaker 2: I've often said that if we have everybody driving in these fully automated cars, then all of our gridlock disappears.
Speaker 4: Isn't that be cool?
Speaker 2: It would because cars can drive sixty five miles hour right next to each other, literally up to the bumper, and the technology is such that you wouldn't have someone, you know, twenty cars up or a half mile car up, you know, do a sudden stop, make a turn, and then it all ripples back, all that disappears.
Speaker 3: It would be wonderful.
Speaker 6: Well, now, who are you're going to road rage against.
Speaker 3: One computer road rages against the other computer?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then gives them a virus? Yeah boy? All right?
Speaker 1: So the gondola project that Dodger's gondola project was shot down by city Council. They voted twelve to one on Wednesday to urge Metro to reject this proposal five hundred million dollars connecting Union Station to Dodgers Stadium interestingly enough, they said, who was it?
Speaker 6: Unices?
Speaker 1: Hernandez said, this resolution tells Metro that the city of Los Angeles refuses to be bought by shiny renderings and empty promises. However, the state of California is fine with that when it comes to a high speed train.
Speaker 3: Yes, and now I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to do more about this seven thirty by the way, because there's it's a story. Oh, this is a great case. I love this one.
Speaker 4: Cheaters beware.
Speaker 5: A woman in North Carolina is going to have to pay one point seventy five million dollars because a jury found her liable for destroying a couple's marriage in Durham, North Carolina. The lawsuit was filed against Brene Canard. She's an influencer. She has nearly three million followers on TikTok and two hundred and seventy five thousand followers on Instagram. She was accused of seducing and having an affair with her manager, Tim Montague.
Speaker 2: Yeah, interfering with the marriage and stealing away someone, interference, alienation of affection.
Speaker 3: Now, California, you can't do this. That's great.
Speaker 2: You can cheat all you want in California. Rude, Yeah, I mean this is I love cases like this. Also, this case reminds me also of the case where you have Oh my god, I'll think about this. Uh oh mine, my mind just went because it's one of my favorite lawsuits in the entire world.
Speaker 4: Is it about cheaters?
Speaker 3: No, No, it's about having sex.
Speaker 2: It's about negligence when you hurt me and my spouse is suing you because I can't stuper anymore. Oh and I'm trying to think of that. I can't believe that I forgot the phrase there. So anyway, those are great cases. Those are allowed in California, and they're always hilarious.
Speaker 3: But that's besides the point. All Right, we're done.
Speaker 2: Great state North Carolina where you can do that. You steal someone's spouse away, you get.
Speaker 5: Sued and get out one point seventy five dollars.
Speaker 2: Well you yeah, you get hit for one point seventy five million dollars when you steal someone's spouse. I'm just trying to think how many of us would pay to have our spouse stolen. We're done, Okay, how about you?
Speaker 6: Great as long as they're good, as.
Speaker 2: Long as you're not married. Marriages are great. It's a wonderful thing marriage. I know you do, I know you do. Okay KFI, I am six.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to The Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app