Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome back.
Speaker 2: We previewed it.
Speaker 1: It's almost here. Come on, it's time for Parker to talk to us about the Timberwolves.
Speaker 3: It's time for Fan five on the Power Trip, brought to you by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 4: Thank you Saint Paul Saints cchs Field. They'll be back there on the twelfth of May. Ready to play baseball again. Get your tickets to Saints baseball dot com, the best place to see baseball in the Twin Cities area chs Field.
Speaker 2: I love it. Let's go. Well.
Speaker 5: First of all, we want to give a shout out to a guy, max O Max Fuller.
Speaker 2: Love him, love him a lot, love love him long time.
Speaker 5: He's healing up and hopefully Timberwlves continue to win. So Mary think me and him can hoodie?
Speaker 2: Who and how the whole bit? What? No, it's great.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have a pre game to the pre game tonight seven o'clock right here on the fan.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna have a couple of guests to talk all things Wolves and it's gonna be a fun night.
Speaker 2: Eight thirty tip.
Speaker 5: Also here on the fan, Alan Horton and Jim Peterson, who are spectacular what they do, so definitely make sure you listen to them. But it's gonna be a different game. I think, you know, I predicted it in Game one. It has to be low scoring if the Timberls want to win, just from what they have from an offensive standpoint, with a hobble Anthony Edwards and no Io Desumu, and I figure we're not going to see Io Desumu again tonight. We might see him in Game three or four when they come back to Minnesota. But this Wolves team is in an interesting situation. If you can find a way to go to San Antonio as the sixth seed versus the two seed and get the second one as well as the first one, you put yourself in a really good position. But I think San Antonio is gonna come out and play harder than they did. It just didn't look like they had that level of compete. Now, San Antonio doesn't have the playoff experience that the Wolves do. They have really one guy, maybe one and a half if you count de Aaron Fox. He hasn't played in a lot of playoff type of games, but Harrison Barnes, he only plays about ten to fifteen minutes. But he's the one guy that has playoff experience for the Spurs team. They also don't have Greg Popovich coaching their team anymore. It's Mitch Johnson, although Papovich is you know, he's around, He's around the program. But I'm really excited for tonight because I think it's going to show you a lot about what kind of San Antonio team we're going to get. Yeah, they're ultra talented. They got a bunch of really good, skilled young guards. They have the six Man of the Year in Calden Johnson. But this Wolf's team has the experience and I think if you look across the board, I know san Antonio is a big favorite again tonight, but I got confidence in this TIMBERWLS team going down there and find a way to get another one.
Speaker 2: You know, it's weird about getting older, and I know we talk about this all the time, especially with Parker, just because it's it's a nice reminder that you're young in wor old. Like in Game one when they kept showing David Robinson and Bruce Bowen sitting there in the crowd. Yeah, and I'm like, if I was twenty three years old and they were showing not that you are, but I'm just saying. If I was in like my early twenties, yeah, and they showed David Robinson, I'd go, that's the most generic name of all time. It's some old guy that I'm not familiar with, and he's sitting next to some other old guy I'm not familiar with, and they keep calling him the Admiral. I'd be like, if this was nineteen ninety two and they were showing you know, Larry Thompson, and there he is, there's tug Boat, I'd go, who cares, I'm watching David Robinson hug By righty, this is ninety two. It's just it's just so weird how quickly like ours, our like heroes get old in our irrelevance. You know, he isn't that weird like David? Like, does David Robinson do anything for you?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: I was a big Tim Duncan fan as I was younger, so I knew he was his running mates and you know he helped him out, more of a KG fan than a Tim Duncan fan. But nonetheless, love love the Spurs dynasty, but not really like the Admiral is a sick nickname.
Speaker 2: So that's cool. But why he's called the Admiral, I don't I couldn't tell you, See, I think that's interesting. No, I have no idea. So as you know, was because he went to Navy. Nailed it now, Yeah that makes sense. Yeah, number one overall pick, and he was awesome, right, like fantastic Hall of Fame level, like a plus player. And then they win the lottery and they get Tim Duncan and game on anyway, and then there's Bruce Bowen looking older in hell with a white beard. How good was he? Too? Awesome lockdown defender back in the old day, Bruce Bowen. Totally, they were just a couple of guys watching just yeah, watching the vibe, watching Wemby.
Speaker 6: David Robinson I think broke his leg and was out the whole season, and then they got rewarded with Tim Duncan, and then they got rewarded with Wemby.
Speaker 2: But that's how you do it, right, when the Spurs draft number one overall, they just packed hall of famers. Yeah, and in Duncan's case and in Wemby's case, I mean, Robinson's a Hall of Famer, but the other two were like unicorns, right, Generational talents. So this is two hardcore basketball talk. Well, but if you line that'll get Chris involved.
Speaker 6: If lined said them up, I'm all in. You'd take Robinson last. Okay I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't. Absolutely, Okay, yeah, yeah you have to. He's a no brainer Hall of Famer. But he's still next tier behind Duncan and Wemby for sure. Yeah, you just can't.
Speaker 5: You just look at Wemby and you're like, something's going to work here, right, So No, it'll be fun game game two tonights and I think, uh, we're going to see a better version of Anthony Edwards, hopefully he's even more healthy, and they find a way to get the offense initiated.
Speaker 2: I think Wemby had what twelve blocks in the game.
Speaker 5: I know a couple are goaltending and they argued about it, but it's going to be it's going to be exciting the way they continue to attack the room, and they're going to have to make three is Mike Conley thirty eight year old, you know he made four of them, so somebody else is gonna have to step up and make.
Speaker 2: The deep ball. Johnny Krazinski Johnny Athletic is reporting that Bill Jones. Leather Face is supposed to be in the arena tonight at the San Antonio at eight thirty. So check out that one. You know, you don't know leather Face, Bill Jones. It's not Lenba Hall of Famer man. It's a Texas Chainsaw mass I just made him up. Leather I mean, leather face, just real. But that just made an I Wishie was heading.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he'd for that twenty seventeen horror film with twenty seven percent and rotten.
Speaker 2: It was great. Yeah, the original one was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Yeah? Was that late seventies? Chris? Is that late seventies? Let's say, yeah, mid to late.
Speaker 6: Pull your hands up. Do you want to know a fact that none of you will care about it? It's not interesting or funny.
Speaker 1: I mean, I can't imagine anything I want more than before you previewed that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you really turned this onto it. I put the menu down and just take that. Okay. So the nineteen seventy four film, The guy who plays leather Face is a man named Gunner Hansen. Okay.
Speaker 6: He was my other uncle, Peter's roommate at Texas in college.
Speaker 2: Get out the Typewriter Chris, hang On, this has got to be in the book. Hang On, So you're gonna have to repeat that because Chris is gonna put this in the book. Okay.
Speaker 6: So Gunner Hansen, who plays the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Yeah, he his leather face was my uncle Peter, but not Pete.
Speaker 2: Sauce, No, have different uncle Peter. Yeah, Peter wine Gardens. Peters had her uncle. His name is Winegardene. Yeah, that's named j A R d E n r t n g A r t e N. Okay, So your uncle Peter was roommates with them at Texas before he was in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Yes, Sir thorns Down. Yeah. Did he remain friends with them afterwards? No idea.
Speaker 1: So Garlar's dad, so Garlar's dad, Marlar's dad, different dads, same dad.
Speaker 2: So Garlar and Marlar's dad was roommates with Gunner. Yeah, whose leather face? Yep? I mean that's great stuff. Yeah, thanks Hawk, Yeah, exhilarating. Thanks. Did you learn anything, Corey, He's no. I mean, I mean, I'm I'm willing to put a significant amount of money that Sauce guessed the T incorrectly and that it's a d you know what I'm saying, because it sounded like you were guessing. Degree. It did sound like you were guessing. So it's at least a fifty to fifty coin flaps all night. You got what how you spell wine Garden? No, it's w W W w W how is how is the first half of the word w I e N g A r y e N. Why w I e N? Really? Okay? Wine w not like the drink wine w I A r. You don't have to google it. We don't really give an us. You almost I'm committed.
Speaker 6: Now, hold on, I gotta find the Mary doesn't have his name and his thing mark.
Speaker 2: Oh it's w E I N Yeah, g A R w e I N. So you did have it? Yeah backwards? Yeah, g A r t e N. Okay, Well you need he needs for the w e I g A r t e. Yeah, give me the white up. Is he still with us? Yeah, Pete? Yeah, okay. The only reason I asked is there's I googled it and there's an obituary for one for Peter Lawrence Winegarden.
Speaker 6: I don't know if he passed away. Hold On, I think I would have known if my uncle passed away.
Speaker 2: And googled Peter Winingarten leather face roommates. Well, that might send you, that might send you to one of his websites. That's great stuff. Thank you, Matt. Yeah, you're welcome, man. Yeah. Yeah. So Chris, remember when on Monday night you watched the Wolves game because you needed something to talk about with me Tuesday morning. If only you had known, we could have killed an entire segment talking about leather faces roommate in college. Yeah, Peter wine Gardner, Yeah, there he is. Found him. Yeah, he's a strapping young lad. Yeah, he's a strap on. No, that's the other Peter.
Speaker 1: Geez, the other Peter. It's what's for dinner?
Speaker 2: Oh no? So the Wolves win this series in how many games? I think they could do it in five or six. I'm pretty confident. Do you think they're just going to run them over? I think they're the better team. I really think they are. And I think there's Julius Randall wasn't great in Game one. I think he had five turnovers and no, he made some big shots down the stretch, but he was exhausted after the game, so hopefully gets his win back in him. But they don't have a guy to guard his positions. San Antonio doesn't really have one of those six five to you know, six eight strong athletic power forwards. And I think this is an opportunity for Julius, especially if Nasried can come into the game and stretch the floor out and move Winby out of the paint a little bit, where Julias can get inside and be efficient down low and hopefully get to the free throw line.
Speaker 5: We got to convert our follle shots too. We were absolutely terrible from the free throw line in Game one.
Speaker 2: Think you're still happy about what happened in Game one. They were locked in on the game plan.
Speaker 3: You know, they were ready to go, coming off an emotional series like we just had. In years past, I think we would have come into this series a little more giddy, you know, maybe a little a little more relaxed. We were able to level set, have the right approach, you know, recognize that it's a whole nother you know, series, whole nother reality.
Speaker 5: Let's go, Yeah, it's you know. And the other key, too, is the way we defended the three point shot. They were south of thirty percent from the three pointer in that game. San Antonio that is, so you got to continue to do that. I don't think Wemby is going to go oh eight from three ever again in this series.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's fat, he was like thick. Yeah, this is kind of the opposite of wey. But you're wondered that. You know, the them Wolves have now won three out of four against the Spurs this year, right, Yeah, then maybe it's just a good matchup for us because conversely, right, everybody knows the Thunder or the best team in the NBA to direct. Yeah, do you know how many times out of the five times they've played, how many times the Spurs beat them this year?
Speaker 5: Well, I know that there's only three teams in the NBA with a winning record against San Antonio this year was US, Cleveland and somebody else. I think I think they were five hundred against the Thunder.
Speaker 2: Maybe there's four and one wow, according to ESPN dot Com. I believe it. So the Spurs just maybe match up really well against the Thunder, But maybe we just really match up well against the Spurs. So it doesn't have to make sense because obviously last year we did not match up well against the Thunder. No, but it doesn't have to be a you know, equals B and B equal C, so A equals see who knows how the shirks? Yeah, it doesn't have to be that way.
Speaker 5: I agree, well, and you got to take that right, like if they if they have the opportunity, and we're probably if we do win, we're going to see Oklahoma and you know, in the Western Conference finals again, and yeah, you don't match up good, but who knows you?
Speaker 2: We aint afraid of nobody. I like that doesn't look like every time he falls he's going to shatter into a thousand. Yeah, yes, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: Well, and the wild thing about is he just throws his He throws his body around out there ridiculously, like he's just jumping at every shot, which is awesome. You love the energy and the effort which he plays with. But if he gets hurt doing that, it's like you gotta be careful. You get such big feet too, is it size twenty three or twenty four feet?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Is that even possible? It's insane?
Speaker 5: Huge bit those are some long toes. How large I only have like thirteen or fourteen depending on.
Speaker 2: Do you imagine? Like, what do you think what do you think it costs to get Wemby have his own shoes. I mean those are one of a kind, right, those are one of one? It has to be. Yeah, he's probably make deal with Nike or I think he's a Nike guy. Custom shoes. What a pain in the ass making those? Doesn't Cat have like a twenty two? Cat has huge Cat Perkins wears. I think a size twenty two in men's Wow. I mean that's bigger than our whole body. Wow? Yeah, pretty much. Think about how hard it would be to move around with that big feet? Yeah, you'd have to be uh quick on your feet. Try driving a car. Wouldn't work? To get a custom gas pedal and a brake pedal? Just the gas you need? No, you need both? You need both? You really do headlines when we come back.
Speaker 8: This is the Power Tie Morny Jail on the fan. The Power Trip is taking over the Island. Be at Treasure Island May twenty ninth for two shows bursting with laughs, games and incredible prizes including trips to Vegas, booker stay and save twenty percent promo code KFN, plus a huge announcement you will not want to miss all the details of Cafe dot Com keyword calendar.
Speaker 2: Pull your hands up. According to our guy Tom Pella Serril, it's pretty plugged in.
Speaker 6: The Vikings have requested an interview with Bill's assistant General man Manager, Terrence Gray for the GM job. Gray spent eleven seasons with Minnesota as a college scout before joining Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Mister Gray, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta have done all the eyes and cross all the t's man, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would. Yeah, mister Brown was Tarantino, Mister Pink was Buscemi, who does blonde? Was Michael Madsen. Harvey kai Tell was what mister white? Right? He was white?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: No idea? You've seen that movie though? Correct? Yeah, it's great, it's fantastic. Yeah, it's really good, Parker, you've seen Reservoir Dogs googling it right now, but it doesn't make sense. Ten out of ten, it's a ten out of ten. Yeah, it's out standy. No, I don't think I have. Do you like Tarantino movies or not? You don't know if you've seen them Pulp Fiction Kill Bill. I'm sure they're great. I just can't imagine living in life in which I haven't seen those movies. Dude, But if you were, if you were my age, you would probably be in the same spot. But he's put out a handful of your lifetime. But are still big? Were you born hay full eight?
Speaker 1: You were born in nine nine. I was born in nineteen seventy. Okay, so seventy seventy. Yes, so all right, hold on, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Man like them a lot. Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: So let's see. Let's do some math here.
Speaker 2: Okay. I saw Student that's twenty seven years, twenty seven years, nineteen ninety seven, ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw so so ninety episode and eighty seven. I'd seen all the movies that came out, but I wasn't playing basketball at high level, so I wasn't busy.
Speaker 2: Right, you were playing the bar scene though, you know, playing what else? Were you playing gamble with your genetic code? If you know what I mean? Wow? Fun game? You need help? Did you win? Yep? Yep, yep? I got what I haven't seen a glorious past, oh, pulp fiction, Once upon a Time in Hollywood, hateful aid.
Speaker 5: I saw Once upon a Time in Hollywood on the plane, which it was good.
Speaker 2: It's great. Yeah, I've not seen it. It was good, but they sound like historic. I got heard of them. Yeah, they're all ultra violence but super smart.
Speaker 5: But I don't think that I could like sit here and a lot of detector tests and say I watched the movie, so I'm sorry, Maybe I will do that.
Speaker 2: Pulp Fiction is, I would argue, widely considered to be his masterpiece. I've I've always liked Reservoir Dogs more than I like pulp fiction. And I liked pulp fiction a lot. But I've seen Reservoir Dogs ten times more than I've seen pulp fiction.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I've seen this h graphic or whatever for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're gonna watch it. Which one pulp fiction? Oh you're watching pulp Okay, that's so good? Is that the one to start with? That's the one? Well that's like on that AFI list of the one hundred greatest movies of all time. That's the one that he has on that list for sure. Okay, two and a half hours not a long one, it's long. Yeah, it's worth it. Well, here's the thing too, is like when I'm watching TV, it's usually just like I have a sport on, you know, So I'm watching golfer, I'm watching hockey or basketball or football. So yeah, you love sports many sports are great sports rock sports, Whaley, Yeah, thank you. What are we talking about before, mister oh yeah, mister Gray. We got from mister Gray to mister pank to mister White to mister Brown and mister blonde mister Gray. All right, So I don't know that name. Do you know that name hawk at all? I don't remember that name. I do not he worked here? No, but he was a scout. Why would I know a scout? Yeah? Right, all right, so the search continues for a GM.
Speaker 1: Hey you got do you do the interviews man in awhere on it?
Speaker 2: No. I did think it was interesting though, that if you were reading between the lines with Rosie and his Italy trip before he left, there was a lot of talk about, you know, Rob's probably going to get the job. Everybody loves Rob Brazinski, Rob this, Rob that, And he gets back from Italy, and one of the first things he said when Common brought up the search, or maybe it was ten of beeven last week when you brought up the search firm, is I don't I don't think Rob's gonna get the job, but I'm sure he'll be fine with that. It's like that was a tone switch. What happened here. Wow? Really? Yeah, so he don't unless Rosie knows something or doesn't know something. But he made it sound like it was a no brainer a month ago, and now he's like, I don't. I don't mean, I don't think you hire a search firhim if you're gonna give the rob the job. But I'm sure Rob will stay around. It's like, read between the lines. Interesting, I don't know everybody loves Rob though, best of luck, we'll see. I don't know this guy, mister Gray. Now it's time for headlines. Headlines. Here we go, Parker, let's learn something. Let's do it. Do you know your all time fastest mile time? Yeah? I used to run in like middle school.
Speaker 5: I would compete in like five k's or whatever, So I don't think I ever broke six minutes, but like low six minutes, sixes six.
Speaker 2: So five or something like that. Check this out. Seventy two years ago today, on May sixth, at a track meet in England, Roger Banister became the first man, first human that we know of, to ever break the four minute mile. Created it. It's ridiculous, he did it. Ridiculous. The current world record, though the current world record was set in nineteen ninety nine by a guy none of us can name. Isn't that crazy? Theoretically one of the fastest people that's ever lived. I don't know, I'll name him. What is it, Max Shelton? Nope, a guy from Morocco in nineteen ninety nine, except the record it's his name. What do you think his time.
Speaker 5: Was three thirty seven, which is insane? If it's actually something like.
Speaker 2: That three I think it might be forty one. I think it's three forty nine. Guys danced around it, that's what I do. Three forty three just insane. You know, there's a couple aspects to this, right, You're like, why is that person not more famous? Roger Banister was the first, but why is the fastest person ever run it totally not more famous? Now I would argue, maybe it's because we care about a mile more than people that use the metric system. Well, that's part of it. But also it's like, I still think that should be something because you would think speed runners, regardless if they run in the metric system or not, care to be the fastest person ever break this rip. I don't know, I would think that's a bigger deal. The guy's name is I don't know how to pronounce his first name, actually, I don't know how to pronounce any of this Carol h I c h A M heisham maybe and then his uh carol last name is E L g U E R R O U J. Nailed it. Thanks, thanks the Eagles. What'd you say? The sign was again? Three three forty three? Okay? What's more impressive to you?
Speaker 5: That three forty three or this guy who just set the marathon and he ran a four to thirty three pace for that's twenty whatever mile.
Speaker 2: They're both very incredible that that can. Somebody correct me, tell me if this is wrong. So that guy breaks the record, right, the marathon record wasn't the guy that got like second or third running in his first ever marathon. But how is that possible? Exactly what I was going to say. Yeah, he'd never done it before, but that was that's true. Yeah, yeah, he set the bar way too high for I don't understand how a first timer can essentially break the record, not the current record, but break the previous record on his first attempt. Think of the training and just the little minute details that go into running that fast, and you just do it. It's incredible. That is crazy, all right, trivia and then subjective questions go. The trivia part is it is George Clooney's birthday today. How old is George Clooney today on May sixth of twenty twenty six. That would be so far off. Sixty seven sixty six is what I was going to say. Seventy sixty two. Parker, you said you were so far off, you were only two years off. He's sixty five. So here's the two part question. This might be tough for Parker because who knows if you've ever seen a George Clooney movie. Uh. Part one of the questions the role you identify George Clooney with the most, and then number two is the best movie he was ever in. I have already written down my answers. I want to see if Chris overlaps specifically with me? Can I say mine? Because I don't know if it's coat the role that you associate him with the most and the best movie he's ever been in. Okay, so this might not be George Clooney, but god, I hope it's not Jason the uh oh my god, The Ocean's movie where they yeah, so I associate him with like the leader of Danny Ocean. Yeah, okay, that's him. Yeah, fantastic. That is also my answer when I think of George Clooney, he's Danny Ocean. Okay, yeah, yeah, that's where I go then, Which that's great that I got. Anybody disagree with that? No, all right, But best movie he's ever been in.
Speaker 1: I would probably, well, I love Oceans, but I would probably go Old Brother Ware.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I say. Yea, his most defining role is Danny Ocean, but his best movie is Old Brother Hawk.
Speaker 6: You're in correct, it's Batman and Robin. No, it's not that movie.
Speaker 1: I know that movie. I mean it's hard to choose this A and B.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what I mean. Yeah, you loved him in that. I mean there's so many I'm not an actor. There's so many subtle things though, that he does perfectly in that movie and Old Brother were out. It's like, it's just the way that he looks, the way that he stands is like sometimes his facial expressions sell it. The look at his face when the crowd goes nuts at the end of that movie. It's just so that's not easy to do his beard. Yeah, Oh, it's just fantastic. What about when he goes to the movie, man, that's a geographic got it two weeks from everywhere? I think it doesn't hearnits. I don't want fuck goddamn it. I'm a man. So good, it's like, what is happening? It's the best.
Speaker 1: And then he's angry and he goes, I think it doesn't hear nits, doesn't.
Speaker 6: What about fantastic, mister Fox, He's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to tell you.
Speaker 4: Finally got back to watching the Pit and uh, I'm almost done.
Speaker 1: I know, I got a couple of but that is such a great show.
Speaker 4: And if if that's really what it's like working in an er, thank god I do radio because I couldn't do that stuff, man, I couldn't. This dude walks in and he's been he's covered in blisters, like sunburn blisters like covered his faces everything, and bubbles on his skin. Yeah, and they have to figure out that it's because he's been cutting up lime in the sun all day long. And apparently if you get that much citrus on your skin, it can make your skin bubble. It's so good, man, man, it's so good and I'll say it again. Dude's daughter, Brian Cranston's daughter is so good in that. You guys got to watch the pit I know, I like it, which makes you hate it?
Speaker 2: Like it? It's so good? Ward it's Is it as good as Batman and Robin? Almost? Yeah, we'll see almost. An explosion at a fireworks plant in China killed at least twenty six people and injured sixty one others. That's terrible. Fireworks plants exploding rather wat I mean, but wrap your head around that Middler great song right higher everywhere is there? This is the dumbest question ever. How do you stop that? You just don't. You can't wait. You can't stop until it's over. You only hope to contain it.
Speaker 1: You know what you just gotta do is you got to sit back and enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless you're one of those twenty six people or the other sixty one that got injured. I don't think like you said, from a distance, it must have been beautiful in the moment. It was an absolute tragedy. That's terrible. Yeah, man, what a nightmare? All right? This now, this number sounds honestly impossible. This sounds like somebody's making this up a twenty two year old Virginia athlete at twenty four hours to try to attempt to break the Guinness World Record for number of pull ups. All right, okay, twenty four hours? How many pull ups did this twenty two year old do? Which? By the way, this headline isn't This headline doesn't say broke the world record, just said in an attempt to break the record. So is this not the record? I would guess you didn't break it? Then? Maybe not pull ups in twenty four hours. Some of these guys are just like the plank guys.
Speaker 5: Or like the sit up guys. It's just an insane number. It's so hard to I'm okay, how many could you do an hour?
Speaker 2: Meet zero? You could do a pull up? No? Zero chance. I've never been able to do one. Really, Nope. If your life depended out of there, like, nope, sauce you have to do a pull up? Nope. I have a video of me doing it about a week ago. Yeah, two weeks ago.
Speaker 5: And also I will say, uh, did you post that on socials of you doing a play?
Speaker 2: Why didn't? But Discover restrang did?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think Taylor saw it and she said something to me. She's like, this is so impressive. Look at how strong hawk is so cue.
Speaker 4: That means a lot to me, Thank you. I've been working my butt off. Yeah, I'm fifty five years old. Hopefully you'll lose that. That was a That was a smoke signal. She wants you to work out more, is what she's saying.
Speaker 5: I went on a run two days ago for the first time doing anything remotely athletics since all the knee hold up. The knee held up great, but I made it a quarter of a mile and yeah, walk the rest.
Speaker 2: The sauce had the runs the other day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then I clogged my toilet. I'll say fifteen hundred, Corey, I was one thousand, five hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I'll go with like I'll go higher. I'll go like forty three hundred, forty three hundred. Chris hold on trying to do the math. Zacho, you're pretty good at this kind of stuff, even though you do white bear math. Yeah he's asleep. Yeah he might be, which is fine. I'm wide away a mile awast. Katie Perry, Yeah, seven thousand, wow, Zacho, go last. You can do the price is right thing and just snipe somebody seven thousand and one. All right, technically you win twelve thousand, four hundred and twelve. Goodness, wow, twelve thousand, way, four hundred and twelve. That's just insane. It doesn't seem possible. Why would you want to either right to say the record correct? Because it's good to do something hard that is true. Like today, Sauce, you're celebrating, right, Yes, today is international no diet Day. Yeah that's me. So skip the diet today and.
Speaker 1: Just you know, live a little bit or a Sauce calls it Wednesday.
Speaker 2: It is Wednesday. It's Wednesday, my dudes, Wednesday, my dudes. International, no diety, not national, no diet day. This is international no diet Day. So around the globe, don't just see whatever you want, no diet twelve thousand. You're still stuck in the pull up. Since saying four hundred, I think it's close. I think there is like the most.
Speaker 5: This guy set a record for three pointers made in twenty four hours, and I think it was like ten thousand, seven hundred, which is also insane, but which is probably maybe tougher than twelve thousand pullups to make the shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I get yah, I would agree it might be.
Speaker 2: Ever in terms of probability, not necessarily. There's aicality, right because the pull ups is more physically challenging. But then I'll tire you're doing this, but maybe more like, yeah, that's a tough one. Sauce. Yes, four hundred and twelve pull ups in twenty four hours. Today's International No Diet Day. Could you celebrate by eating twelve four hundred and twelve calories? Yeah? Are you going to? No? Damn it? It's the new me. Good for you? Stay true to who you are. You ladies and gentlemen, could I please have your attention? Kelloggs is bringing back toys inside of cereal boxes. Nice, let's go. This is the first time in about a decade they have put toys in cereal boxes. It sounds like for now it's a limited time thing, but who knows. If it's a big deal, they might keep it going. The toys in special boxes are for a lot of cereals, including fruit loops, frosted flakes, corn pops, apple jacks, frosted mini wheats, rice crispies, corn flakes, cocoa crispies, and they are toy story figures. Oh hell along with collectible spoons, trading cards and movie ticket promotions. Frosty frosted mini wheats, frusty frosty super underrated. I never had because the smaller Yeah.
Speaker 4: They got chocolate ones now too, mano.
Speaker 6: Okay, I love cereal and I get ripped by my buddies freeding cereal.
Speaker 2: But I love cereals. Say it's like a childish and it's like terrible. Most most of them are terrible. Except that's an international note. Diet day, Who cares? Whatever you want? Cheerios with kemp smelt cereal. That was the best.
Speaker 7: A week later, it was a different voice doing the commercial, meaning me, who even gets lacing these days? Man, I've said a lot of dumb things. I'm sorry I said that.
Speaker 2: Who uses people to move? Triple A movers? Triple A movers dot com?
Speaker 6: They're outstanding yesterday shout out to Terry and his crew outstanding.
Speaker 2: Yep, Terry was great. Man. There is a There's just something so ridiculously nostalgic about reading the back of a cereal box, doing a maze, doing a puzzle.
Speaker 1: In your hand in the box, looking for that toy.
Speaker 2: Buying that toy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was gonna ask your childhood.
Speaker 2: That's my eighties and the early nineties on cereal boxes and toys. Man the best, and they're always garbage toys. Who cares. It's like, look what I got. It's mostly like happy meal toys. You mostly throw them away, but once in a while you're like, this is pretty cool. Yeah, the same bad tick.
Speaker 5: A bubble gum and a trading card pack too, sure, yeah, same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, public service announcement and saws. This is for you as well. The I R S is sending letters to hundreds of thousands of tax is asking for bank account information to process refunds. However, scammers are also doing this, So what the officials are saying is don't risk it. If you believe that you have to provide this information, go to I r S dot gov to handle it. Don't respond to letters that you get in the mail, don't just go to the website. And again, if the I R S is listening, please stop, please stop. You can audit me. I don't care. I have nothing that you said. Bring it on, yeah, but please stop. Why I want to I don't want to go through the process of being audited. You said bring it on. I did not. You said challenge side, but stop bringing that on. That is exactly what you said. I have nothing to hide, but there's no way they have the balls to audit me. I hope your balls fall off.
Speaker 1: That's that's aggressive.
Speaker 6: Well wait, uh, somebody who just signed up first signed up started a new more John Monday and they're like that. One of the main things they point out over and over again is watch out for scammers, saying that like you need to send money for the deed on your house.
Speaker 2: You need like I I've gotten like free texts.
Speaker 6: That are like, hey, Paul, give me a call when you can or click the link. I need to talk to you about your your mortgage. Like the scam I'm not going to do it. Scamming is so uh prevalent, it's everywhere and all they're look, it's just a phishing and mechanism. If you get two or three you probably win. But it's constant. Scamming is everywhere.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should get into the scamming business. Oh, Pat obviously is you know. Yeah, I don't want to do that. I'd feel bad, Yes, yeah, those guys got no.
Speaker 6: I could be kind of ruthless, but I would feel bad if I especially like somebody who fell for an email and send all their information.
Speaker 2: But what if we us took advantage of the elderly who have already lived a really long And you know, how.
Speaker 4: Dare you take advantage of my dad?
Speaker 2: I said elderly? You pointed right at Chris. He takes to take advantage of him. He can do a pull up. I don't think a lot of people his age can. Yeah, you're an impressive human. I can't. I think if you really set your mind to it, you could do one. No, he had a He had over a month to train to do ten laps in a swimming pool and he lasted a lap and a half. The biggest mistake. I won one thousand dollars. No, but I actually here's you did go to the pool a couple of time? Time? Multiple times? Yeah, multiple times. Now you have fought swim school, so you're good. Yeah.
Speaker 6: All my son goes to that and that's outstanding. He's a better swimmer swimmer than I. And how o, No, my son goes to him. He's sixteen months old.
Speaker 2: I had no idea. Oh, thanks for caring about me, Pat, Yeah, that was the easiest money I ever made. Yeah, I bet if we bet you that in the next twelve months you could not do one pull up? Do you believe you? If you worked your ass off, do you think by May twenty twenty seven, you could do one?
Speaker 6: So here's here's the deal. I'd probably have to lose about fifty pounds. I'd probably have the farm strength that I've lost from not lifting weights. And since I peede blood with Superstar, I don't think so well. I did because I was doing squats and the told hawk I was dying, right, I don't think I could.
Speaker 2: Can you do one on not being known? Can you don't? I don't think so. Yeah. I think if you gave me a year, I know I could do it, But right now now I don't. If we gave you.
Speaker 1: Till the State Fair and you had to do one in front of everybody, in front of the stay, and.
Speaker 2: That would be a great bit quit That would be such a good bit. Is is there an amount of money? Is there an amount of money where if it's like, I'll give you fifty thousand dollars if you can do one by May sixth of twenty twenty seven, would that moti tomorrow seven? Would that make you motivated enough to say I'm going to spend the next year of my life trying to do it. Fifty probably twenty five K. No fifty final final offer, it's whatever I offer first. Yeah, I'm not good at negotiating. Man, it's for your own well being. But do you think you were putting the time and effort to try to get that a lot of people would kill for fifty K. All you gotta do is one pull up in twelve months start to go fund me. I mean Paul's pull up in the future. Yeah, no, think about it. A surprise prequel episode of a Bear came out on Hulu yesterday that that was kind of cool. It just dropped out another Yeah, just dropped out of nowhere prequel episode somebody Cousin? Is it? Richie? Yeah? And the brother exactly horrific. Well you haven't seen it yet? How did Pats see it already?
Speaker 5: Did they actually mention Anthony Edwards? I saw a screenshot of something with the subtitles on or captions or whatever and said Anthony Edwards's name not could have been edited, but hm, was it the.
Speaker 1: Different Anthony Edwards? Like like the guy from You Are?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Maybe Goose? Come on now, come on now, it was on this day, May sixth of what year? The final episode of Friends aired on NBC to fifty one point one million viewers. Oh fold for you nailed it? Oh four. Wow. Well here's here's what's crazy again about how time warps your own memory and reality. So Friends ends May of four. When did The Office start? Oh five, March of five. In my mind, it feels like it's about a six year gap. That that that that it didn't essentially overlap, almost insane. It's like a It's like it's a different era of TV. It's like Friends and Seinfeld than all those shows were like nineties and fact maybe bled into the two thousands. But The Office is like, yeah, oh six o seven, I eight, Nope, it was one year apart, not even it was like nine months apart.
Speaker 6: So good the Office is and all of those people are making a ton of cash just being in like eighteen t commercial.
Speaker 2: They deserve it, yeah they do. So it was Curb right after Seinfeld? Then, oh, like fu a, what I think it was the first season of Curb, was it right? That would think? So Seinfeld ended in ninety eight. Why do I feel like it was a couple of years later than that. I don't think it was one year apart, was it. If you're right, I'm going to be floored again. This is the whole time Wharp. I would have guessed like, oh three or oh four for Curb really somewhere in that range. I thought it was five six years after Seinfeld, but maybe you're right. Yeah, two thousand October thousand. I would have guessed later, same thing we just talked man. So good, so good. Yeah, first couple of seasons, end of season seven.
Speaker 5: I just watched the one last night where he's like, I'm Larry David and I enjoy wearing women's underwear or whatever because they find in Jefs glovebox.
Speaker 2: His oh a pair of Susie's the best.
Speaker 5: And he's got the he's got the tag out his pants from the.
Speaker 2: Store because they lost his pants and he's like, I've taken these. Then so good. And then the neck injury. I don't know if you remember that part, but oh yeah, yeah, so good. Famous reason why Yeah, there's two reasons. Uh. Coffee's benefits go well beyond a simple caffeine boost. According to a new study, and you staid he found that coffee positively influences the gut microbiome, increasing beneficial bacteria that supports digestion and immune function, like a prebiotic. So it's not just caffeine. He's just across the board. It's good for your blood, is it not as well like circulation? Sweet? Well, it's apparently good for your for your gut as well. How about when you add all the milk and sugar? Sure? Yeah, I mean do you do you drink it with all that?
Speaker 5: I just put a I put a splash of oat milk in it. Just it's my go to splash.
Speaker 2: Kim Kardashian will reportedly not take the bar exam this year after failing it last time. Damn, don't give up. It's hard. You can do at least one. Just do one bar exam, came if we give you twelve months, just do one. Lawyer Lambert passing on the first time, Well, now you just rub it in her face. Come on, man, Yeah, it's not all about your dad. She's not think how bad she said that. She's listening. She's listening right now. She's like, Jeff got it on the first try. Yep, man, one hundred thousand dollars do you spend the next year working your ass off to do that pull up. Oh yeah, forty five thousand dollars. No, one hundred thousand final offer fifty What you raised your price? Huh? What happened? Hey, if it's let's last, last hypothetical. Let's say some sponsor says, I'll give you fifty thousand dollars. You've gotten two texts that might help me out with this. I'll give you fifty dollars if you can do it in the next twelve months, But if you don't, you have to pay ten thousand. So it's a five to one bet. But if you don't get it done in the next twelve months, whether it's because you give up after three months, or you work your ass off all the way for twelve months and then attempt it and then come up short on the last day, But can I have if you fail ten thousand dollars? Goes the other way, Like, don't you think like if you worked really hard at doing one pull up? I guess it's like a lot of like weight training you gotta, especially with me losing some weight some cardio.
Speaker 9: But if you just put on like a ton of upper body mass in like six months, I think that would be the key, right if all I did for like six months was like bench press.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but also you're you would have a but it's just one, right, I just want to be your problem. So what about this? What about the The kicker is it has to be done on May sixth of twenty twenty seven. And what I mean by that is, let's say you work your ass off for four months and in what I don't know, October or something, you did a pull up. You have to maintain that health. So on May six of twenty seven, you can do one pull up.
Speaker 6: And when if I ever worked my ass off for four months?
Speaker 2: Great question? Never I did.
Speaker 6: When I first got here, I worked say it again, Nope, huh huh.
Speaker 5: I think you would get to the point where you're motivated and you'd hopefully want to be able to do more than one.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're looking at me crazy, You know, like when a mother lifts a car because her kid gets trapped under a car. I think if they told you, hey, like, if you don't get a pull up done by Friday, Louise out the door, you'd be like you you would do one today?
Speaker 1: Did you see, by the way that crazy?
Speaker 2: Know the story?
Speaker 4: I don't think you've ever told him the story in the air when he was a baby, Sausa's dad tried to lift a car and put it on top of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my GPS, doctor Banner, Steve Banner, Bruce Banner.
Speaker 1: Is Brusus cousin.
Speaker 2: That's so good. I'm glad I'm back. I missed you guys. I'm serious. No, I'm serious. Yeah, No, for sure, I'm serious. I said every time I wake up on Wednesday, I love this lucky I am to come in here and hang with you guys exactly same. What a blessing and a blessing. It's a blessing. Your hands up on Bethany from Christmas Vacation. What hawk I think he did? Well, it's Betty Boom. He would I think he did? I might have. Yeah, you see a few Betty Boom film. Who knows Parker. Let's see how close you get Wolves, Spurs and I final score go one twelve one oh seven, Wolves one twelve one oh seven. Wouldn't that be nuts? If that's exactly what it is. I was so close on game one, I was like three point yeah, said Antonio Sauce. Oh you say, san Antonio, I think I think they're gonna get San Antonio's.
Speaker 6: Best punch, but I think they can survive. I think they win one ten, one oh eight.
Speaker 2: Let's go all right. I like it.
Speaker 1: I wish you guys were right.
Speaker 2: I hope uh five point thirty to nine. Tomorrow, The Power Trip Monatow returns ninety noon is next. Thanks for checking out The Power Trip or The Power Trip Podcast on every single podcast platform that possibly exists. We'll see you tomorrow. I don't really have a wonder for Dad bla