Speaker 1: Let the falls alone.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the playoffs, Dodger fans.
Speaker 1: It's playoff time when your favorite show, thirteen wins is all it takes on the half and escape for you.
Speaker 3: Welcome to a playoff edition of Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: Get in on the action at eight six six.
Speaker 4: Nine eats Breeze, sleeps Baseball.
Speaker 5: Now we go to your award winning broadcasters of the world champion Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Here's your host of Dodger.
Speaker 1: Talk as everybody wanted to be a part of it.
Speaker 2: Tim kits Ah Yoshi Yamamoto. What a performance, a complete Game three hitter as the Dodgers beat the Milwaukee Brewers five to one in Game two of the National League Championship Series. And now the Dodgers set themselves up to be two wins away from going back to the World Series as they look to defend their World Series championship. Hi, everybody, and welcome to Dodger Talk here on five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Tim kats with you here on this Tuesday night.
Speaker 2: As the Dodgers pack up and head back to Southern California up two games to nothing after winning Games one and two at America First Field. They last night got a great pitching performance from Blake Snell eight innings, ten strikeouts, and tonight Yoshanova Gamamoto said, hold my beer, I'm gonna do a little bit better than that. Oh, he was equally, it was good. Both were perfect in their outings last night, almost nearly perfect on the mound, but really good last night. Blake Snell, Yoshinobo tonight gave up a home run to Jackson Turio to lead off the bottom of the first, but then really strapped in and was really good the remainder of the way, ninety seven pitches through eight innings. Dave Roberts said, you can go back out there for the ninth inning. He did, had a one to two three inning, finished with a comp league game, three hitters, seven strikeouts, just the one walk with one out in the fifth inning. He threw one hundred and eleven pitches. And we're throwing a lot of information at with you about how big this complete game was tonight, A lot of first times, a lot of first time since for Yoshinobu Yamamoto. We'll start off with this the first complete game thrown this year by a Dodger starter, the first complete game postseason performance by a Japanese pitcher in MLB history. Yamamoto's complete game tonight the first in the postseason since twenty seventeen, eight years ago justin Verdlander to the day October fourteenth, twenty seventeen, in Game two of the Alcs, threw a complete game in that outing. It was also the twenty third postseason complete game from a Dodger pitcher in LA franchise history. The last to do it rest in peace Jose Lima back in two thousand and four when he did it in Game three of the NLDS. Before that, Oral Hersheiser, who called in during the Clubhouse show to talk about Yamamoto's performance tonight, Oral is the last Dodger before Jose Lima to throw a complete game in a postseason, and Oral Herrischeizer back in nineteen eighty eight, threw three complete games in the postseason on the way to a World Series championship for the Dodgers. The last time the Dodgers had consecutive postseason starts of at least eight innings by a starter, they did last night with Blake Snell and tonight with Yoshinobu Yama motives complete game. The last time they had consecutive postseason starts at least eight innings by their starters, games won and Game two of the nineteen eighty eight NLCS, again by Oral Herrisheizer and Tim Belcher. What a performance from Yoshinobu Yamamoto. It was stellar, It was fantastic, however you want to describe it. It was great nearly per ff and it could have gone south real quickly with that leadoff home run. But this is a different Yoshinobu Yamamoto, and it started in the NLDS last year against the Padres. In that Game five, he became a tougher pitcher on the mound, a guy who is locked in and doesn't get rattled, doesn't allow things to affect him, early traffic on the base path, an early home run like he gave up tonight, an air to start off the second inning. Again, the Dodgers took a two to one lead in the bottom the top half of the second inning. The first batter at the bottom of the second and air by Max Muncy didn't let him rattle him, though, fielder's choice strikeout, ground ball out third inning, a one out or make that a two out single worked around it. In the fourth inning, a two out single got out of it with the strikeout. In the fifth inning, again still a two to one game. In the fifth inning, a one out walk worked around it. Then the offense put on more runs in the sixth, the seventh, and the eighth to extend the Dodgers' lead to five to one, and it was cruise control after that for Yoshinobu Yamamoto, him and Will Smith working in tandem. Great job by Will Smith, we heard from him in the clubhouse show, the two of them going back and forth like they were dancing together, calling a great game, mixing it up, keeping the hitters off balance. Fifteen ground ball out. It was a masterful performance tonight by Yoshinobu Yama Moto. One of those performances you're always gonna remember, Dodger fans. Oh, it wasn't a no hitter, It wasn't a perfect game, but it was a complete game. Three hitter in the NLCS, pretty darn impressive. Eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is our number we're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts here on the Dodgers post game uh Dodger Talk and We're also gonna hear from Yoshinoba Yamamoto when he speaks to the media. I was we're here with you until ten o'clock tonight here on Dodger Talk eight six six nine eighty seven, two five seventy. Got a lot of Dodger fans who want a weigh in. We appreciate that, we love and want to hear from everybody. Eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy. Georgia and La start things off on this Tuesday night as the Dodgers are up two to oh in the NLC side George, Hey.
Speaker 6: You know what really impressed me about it tonight is that he never allowed Yoshinova, never allowed the obligatory late inning rally.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: It's almost scripted in every game where you know one or two guys are going to get on, either by hitch or some freak things going on, but it never happened. It's like we're waiting for our climax that never surface. And that was fascinating to me that he really shut it down and took the life out of them. Those fans never had a reason to stand and cheer, and that that just never happens, even in the regular season, there's always some kind of rally to do it in the postseason amazing. It does feel like we were witnessing something special and the starting staff is you know, blooming as we all and it was great for Dodger management to let these guys heal up, not just you know, a motive, but you know, Glass now a Snell and they're they're really pitching like we all had hoped and envisioned. I do have one question for you. Do you think with Otani struggling at lead up that Bets could maybe lead off to take some of the pressure off him, because he's clearly having some mission. Man, I know he had a base it, but he still feels like he's struggling at the play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 2: You're not switching up the order right now, just because Otani struggling offensively. Struck out three more times tonight. But you know what, he had an RBI single in the seventh inning and I said it earlier. Maybe that unlocks him, Maybe that just frees him up mentally. Whatever the case, it just gets him going now offensively. Look at they've gone six and one in October, They've won six of the seven playoff games that they've played, and showy Otani, outside of the first wild Card game against the Reds and when he went deep twice, has done anything offensively. He's made a couple starts, but offensively outside of the first wild Card game, if you can remember way back when against the Cincinnati Reds, he hasn't done anything. And the Dodgers has still rattled off wins, beat the Reds, beat the Phillies, and now were two games up on the Milwaukee Brewers. I hate to say that what happens when he gets going, what happens when he unlocks offensively and takes off, driving in runs, hitting home runs. Freddie Freeman was one for five tonight, Mookie Betts zero for three, with the walk showe Aotani one for five.
Speaker 1: They were a collective.
Speaker 2: Two for thirteen with four strikeouts, and the Dodgers still won five to one. You know why the bottom of the lineup delivered, and you look at the bottom of the lineup, You're like, hitter's five through nine?
Speaker 1: Who is that?
Speaker 2: Max Month, see ta Oscar Hernandez, Tommy Edmund Key k Hernandez and Andy pa Has I mean, gosh darn it. That's a pretty darn impressive five through nine hitters in anybody's lineup?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Monsey, tay Oscar, Tommy Edmunds, the NLS MVP a year ago. Oh, mister October, Key k Hernandez and Andy pot Has hitting ninth. The combined five through nine hitters went eight for eighteen with two home runs, four ribbies, and four of the five runs scored.
Speaker 1: That that's pretty good, you're telling me.
Speaker 2: The big four, the big four for the Dodgers tonight drove in one run from Shoe Ayotani. Mookie Betts was zero for three again. Look out when the big four start collectively getting got I mean, how scary could this be? Five through nine carrying you to a game two win in Milwaukee? Shoe Heli one hit, three strikeouts, Yama Moto complete game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's clicking right now.
Speaker 2: It is a dominant, dominant force that is this Dodgers team. When they're humming, they are really good. And to think about the Yama Moto complete game. You didn't touch your bullpen. Another day, another chance to get rested and ready to go for what could be what could be three games in three days right, you're up to to Oh, you gotta win two more and you got games three, four, and potentially five at Dodgers Stadium all in a row Thursday, Friday, Saturday. So the Dodgers' bullpen locked and loaded, ready to go, all hands on deck, should be good to go for all three games.
Speaker 1: They didn't even have to be used tonight. Did anybody even get warmed up? Colin? I didn't seebody get warmed up.
Speaker 2: I didn't eve see how you stern down the bullpen last night? You had trying come in and you had Rookie Sasaki. Everybody else hasn't even.
Speaker 1: Entered this game yet.
Speaker 2: Everybody else in that Dodgers' bullpen doesn't even get a participatory trophy nothing yet because they haven't been needed.
Speaker 1: And that's scary to think about as well.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers' bullpen virtually hasn't been touched, and the Big Three hasn't necessarily got it going even in this series, and yet they're up two games to nothing. Antonio Santa Anna, you're next up on Dodger Talk as the Dodgers beat the Brewers five to one.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Antonio?
Speaker 7: Oooh, I'm feeling well Dodger fans. I hope you're feeling well, Kate. I'm sure what a blessing to see this team just succeeds, like showing no defeat first pitch home run. Cool, we've seen it before. But the best team, my father said, is there's twenty seven outs in baseball. Son, we played till the last out is called, and I know as Dodger fans, we pulled through. Always we support them no matter what. We love AM five seventy from the morning to the afternoon. We're just spoiled as Dodger fans. Don't even let me get started on the pitching from these two games. Smell Zilla, Yamamoto. It's a proud day for Japan. I'm very sure we're very lucky to see that Dodger fans enjoy this. Go Dodgers. M five seventy is the best. Everyone's awesome.
Speaker 4: Go Dodgers.
Speaker 2: All right, Antonio, I really appreciate the nice words. Thanks for listening, and keep an AM five to seventy on your radio dial and on your iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 8: Again.
Speaker 2: You can listen in HD real simple download the iHeartRadio app if you have it already.
Speaker 1: It's free.
Speaker 2: Just type in a AM five to seven LA Sports and you're good to go, and you're gonna get a five seventy l A Sports and you're gonna hear my voice in crystal clear h D.
Speaker 1: How about that, Felix is San Diego.
Speaker 2: You're next up on Dodger Talk after the Dodgers beat the Brewers and Game two of the NLCSA five to one win is a head back home now two wings away Felix from going back to the World Series.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, man.
Speaker 10: Well, first things first, before anybody says anything, I gotta give props to Roberts.
Speaker 6: Last night he was.
Speaker 10: Getting a bunch of manure thrown at him for pulling Snell out of the ninth inning. And you know, you can go into the hole why he did, why he didn't do it, what a bottom line is today he went with his gut, trusted his pitcher, let him finish job well done.
Speaker 11: I agree with you, man.
Speaker 10: I mean I like the bottom of the lineup, especially pot has with that bunt. That's classic, classic Dodger baseball.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 10: I told one of my coworkers down here, I said, look, all I want is seventy percent of what's now did last night and we got, we got equal. Now I'm gonna say the same thing. I'm hoping Glass now gives a seventy to seventy five percent of what these two aces gave us. And the last thing I'll say, man, is I concur with what the previous callers said. I'm down here amongst these knuckleheads, and I actually had a work work tonight so I can watch it. So I had to listened to it. And it's just like watching the game when I listen to you guys. So I'm exactly what the guy just previously said. I've been listening to you guys ever since I moved down here when the military brought me down here, and if I'm not watching it, I'm listening to it.
Speaker 1: So job, well done, awesome, Thank you, Felix. Really appreciate the night. Nice words there.
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. You can listen on a F five to seventy here Terrestrial on the radio if you're driving around, if you're at home again, you can also listen on the iHeartRadio app like Felix all the way down in San Diego, or how how about Annapolis and Maryland where Johnny checks in here on postgame Dodger Talk after a five to one Dodgers went over the Brewers. Johnny, you're in call from Annapolis.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I was taking a walk down by the Naval Academy when I heard that first pitch to Cherio and I was just gutted. I thought, oh God, here we go. But you know, Will Smith said it best. He said, you know, he got punched in the mouth and then he rebounded, and Vess kind of geeked it on the interview and he's like, Oh, that made your job a lot easier. I mean, the guy's a catcher, right like, he's got to call a great game and block the ball. So just what an achievement for Yama Moto and for all of us Dodger fans to feel like a complete game in the postseason. I mean, it's just rarely seen these days. So thanks for taking my call, Tim, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I appreciate thanks for checking in, Johnny, thanks for staying up late with us on this now early Wednesday morning for you out there in an Apple listen, Maryland. Yeah, it's rare to see a complete game. I mean, think about this, one hundred and seventy games now into this Dodger twenty twenty five season, one hundred and seventy games in tonight is the first complete game by a Dodger starter. Ya, I'm a Mode almost threw a no hitter back in September in Baltimore. Remember he is one out away from doing that tonight. A complete game, three hitter, seven strikeouts, one hundred and eleven pitches.
Speaker 1: We just don't see complete games anymore. In fact, I'll say it again.
Speaker 2: The first postseason complete game in the Big leagues since Justin Verlander did it in twenty seventeen in Game two of the Alcs.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: You can listen on the iHeartRadio app locally here in southern California. You can listen northern California. You can listen globally anywhere in the world.
Speaker 1: Literally. How about listening from El Salvador.
Speaker 2: Javier checks in on Dodger Talk from El Salvador.
Speaker 13: Hello, Javier, No, thank you for taking my call. Man.
Speaker 14: What a game? What a game? Pitch by Yamamoto and all this like roll with the punches, Mike Typhons. You know, everyone has the plans so you get punch in the mouth, right, But he rolled with every punch and there wasn't many of them. Just kudos to the bottom of the lineup. I've been glued. I was walking the National Palace here in El Salvador, glued to my phone watching the game. So go, Dodgers's looking.
Speaker 1: Good, hobbyer. Do you live down there? You're visiting down there? What? What? What makes you a Dodger fan in El Salvador?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 14: No, so vacasing down here. My girlfriend's family and she's from here too, so I wanted to come recharge the batteries.
Speaker 1: Oh very nice.
Speaker 2: Well, enjoy your vacation, and certainly it makes it a lot sweeter when the Dodgers get a win again. Now up two Oho in this best of seven NLC. Yes, enjoy the rest of your vacation of here.
Speaker 11: Thank you have a little guess all.
Speaker 1: Right, appreciate Thanks for checking in from El Salvador.
Speaker 2: How about that San Diego, Annapolis, El Salvador. Where next are we going to hear from a Dodger man? Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy anybody north of the bordering Old Canada? Anybody listening in Japan right now? How about Yama Moto's performance? Rise and Shine in Tokyo Yama Moto just throw a complete game three hitter. Dodgers get the win five to one over the Brewers and now two wins away from going back to the World Series. The last time again the Dodgers had somebody go this far into game and throw a complete game was Jose Lima in the postseason in two thousand and four. Rest in peace, Jose Lima. Two thousand and four NLDS Game number three, Jose Lima pitched a complete game. That was the last Dodger pitcher to do it two thousand and four, twenty one years ago. And before that, our guests in the Clubhout show the great Oral Hersheiser who threw three can nineteen eighty eight impress them very very impressive. Also another number for you, Max Munsey, who you heard from the postgame Clubhouse Show. His fourteenth career post season home run breaks a tie with Corey Seeger and good friend Justin Turner for now the most home runs hit by a Dodger in postseason history. Max Monsey, Just a great night for the Dodgers as they now have a two to oh series lead and look forward to Game three again Thursday afternoon, three toh eight first pitch. Not a six o'clock game, not a five o'clock game. You're gonna have to call in late to work. You're gonna have to call in sick. You're gonna have to figure out your schedule on Thursday. You got time now to figure it out. Get a little cough. Yeah you don't sound so well. Maybe you need to call in sick on a Thursday three to oh eight first pitch. Limited tickets still available at Dodgers dot com slash postseason Dodgers dot com slash post season. Eric in Hollywood, we don't have to go far to hear from one of the great Dodger fans, Eric, Dodger Nation.
Speaker 1: What's going on, man Dodger?
Speaker 6: That sh.
Speaker 15: Yo Yama was dealing today? The only blemish was one run? Wow, CG was great to see a complete game that twenty seventeen. Come on, really you're gonna bring that up?
Speaker 7: Timmy?
Speaker 15: I love you to dad bro. The twenty seventeen is just I don't even think about twenty seventeen anymore. But what is everybody crying about? Any team could have signed Blake Tyler or Yama. Pony up the money? Do you want to be the best, then pay. The Dodgers paid, and now they're reaping the benefits of these pictures. Love Maxie and TiO killing it at the plate. Pahes, Welcome to the postseason, my man, Welcome to the postseason. Dodgers accomplished what they needed to do. I wanted one in Milwaukee and but we got too. So let's go winning. My doctor tex Chain is loving it. Jimbo mean Ethan e or Juan and Bray, We're all loving it. Timmy, we are playing fantastic right now, and I really don't want to jinx anything. But what else do we.
Speaker 16: Need to do?
Speaker 15: Timmy? Fill us in. What else do we need to do? How can we take this to the Promised Land, to the next step.
Speaker 2: Well, Sammy, Sosa one said, keep it, continue the same thing. Thank you, Eric, I appreciate the phone call. Dominant pitching, timely hitting, good defense so far these first two games. I mean, the only thing you can do better is have Hodani hit home runs. Have the big three just completely go off offensively. That's the only thing left. Oh and yeah, the bullpen to not give us all heart attacks. But other than that, yeah, it's been complete dominance. The first two games by the Dodgers over the mill Milwaukee Brewers complete dominance, wearing down Freddie Peralta tonight and for the second straight night, getting after the Milwaukee's Brewers bullpen, which looks like it is running on near empty here in the postseason.
Speaker 1: Let's go back out to Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: Yoshinobu Yamamoto, the man of the night, a complete game, three hitter at seven strikeouts, his first complete game in the big leagues, the first complete game by Dodger starter this season.
Speaker 1: Let's hear from Yama to.
Speaker 17: Both the left handed hitters and right handed hitters, seemed like you went inside a lot. Was there anything that you saw maybe yesterday in Snell's game, or maybe they did take anything out of your last start here that made you think that was the way to go?
Speaker 18: So and to.
Speaker 1: Mama, I don't I.
Speaker 18: You know, because communicated with a coach and then also Will Smith before the game, and then we played at the game.
Speaker 4: Out attack.
Speaker 9: Martin English for going to Jack in the middle third row.
Speaker 5: It had been eight years and somebody through a complete game. Speak, it had been eight years and someone through a complete game in the playoffs.
Speaker 9: Just what did it mean to be able to.
Speaker 5: Go nine innings, and especially you know with the way you start hearing the regular season went.
Speaker 18: And that in that regular season or post in the post cool hutch and the post season, that has meant the.
Speaker 9: Sound the schedule.
Speaker 4: So you know what eighteenesday and I'll get it down to the mynother.
Speaker 18: I just heard this was the first time in the eight years, and I think, you know, because that was great for me that I established my rhythm and then I got to dictated the tempo place over the game.
Speaker 4: So that was great.
Speaker 9: Go to Steve and and Jared in the second round.
Speaker 19: After the home run the first pitch, just two hits the rest of the way, you didn't let seem to let him bother you at all the rest of the night. How did you stay focused not let that get you at all?
Speaker 6: Because yeah, I.
Speaker 18: Think that was the first first hitter, and then I feel regrettable of that home run, but I reset my mind and then I just focused on executing my own pitches.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: There's Yoshinobu Yamamoto along with his translator talking to the media right there. Eure oh, thank you very much for that, talking about his performance tonight. Working in cadence with Will Smith.
Speaker 1: What an outing.
Speaker 2: It was a complete game three hitter for Yoshinobu Yamamoto, who, along with Blake Snell, back to back dominant starts for the Dodgers. We mentioned the last time two Dodgers have gone back to back in the postseason eight innings or more was Oral.
Speaker 1: Herscheizer and Tim Belcher.
Speaker 2: Well, how about in Major League Baseball the last time a team had back to back starters go eight plus innings in the postseason? The San Francisco Giants in twenty sixteen, some guy named Madison Bumgardner and Johnny Quato getting it done in twenty sixteen. Now the Dodgers, Blake Snell in Yoshinobu Yamamoto back to back starts of eight plus innings?
Speaker 1: Can they make it three in a row? Do I hear three?
Speaker 2: Tyler Glass? Now, do I hear three? We'll find out on Thursday, Game three of the NLCS. We'll take a break, we'll come back, we'll get to more of your phone calls. We're here with you till the top of the hour. Don't forget tomorrow morning, bright and early six am. Yes, I think I might just sleep here tonight. Back at it with Scam, sax and Kates in the AM Bright and early at six am, six to nine, Saxony in studio. He'll be out at Dodger Stadium on Thursday. He and Mike Soosher are throwing out the first pitches on Thursday before Game three and with the Dodgers hope is another win. They're up two games to nothing over the Milwaukee Brewers. After a five to one dominating a win behind Yoshinobu's complete Game three hitter, they come back home two wins away from going to the World Series. More Dodger Talk coming up next year on the FFI seventy l A Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: AM five seventy LA Sports be anywhere at any time and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talks. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: We're streaming online. We stream every game too. Come find it.
Speaker 3: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Is waiting on one of those big Max Monthsy swings.
Speaker 3: Another three two pitch on the way on see it's one in the air center field Freelick.
Speaker 1: He is Athol wall. This ball is out of hair. There's that big swing.
Speaker 10: Okay, next time, order a little earlier.
Speaker 2: Max Monsey with a solo home run four hundred and twelve feet.
Speaker 17: No chance for.
Speaker 1: Freelick to get that one, and it's three one Dodgers in this way, just got quiet.
Speaker 2: Max Monsey with a solo home run on as the Dodgers go on and beat the Brewers five to one. Max Munsey with that home run, Now fourteen career postseason home runs as a Dodger. He passes Corey Seeger and Justin Turner, who he was tied with with thirteen postseason home runs. He is now the Dodgers all time postseason home runs leader. Duke Snyder with eleven, Steve Garvey with ten, and how about Key Hernandez, nip.
Speaker 1: It on his tail.
Speaker 2: There ten postseason home runs for Key k Hernandez. So maybe he catches him here this postseason we'll find out. Is now Max Mounsey with fourteen career postseason home runs. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run Forecast. Just go to am FI seventy LA sports dot com keyword home run for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers gift card just for predicting the number of home runs in the next game. Daniels Jewelers own the dream Manny, who is at the game in Milwaukee? Manny, what was it like to be Dodger fan surrounded by all those quiet Brewer fans at the end of the game.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they temple.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 20: I'm all my way back hited south from to Chicago from the game.
Speaker 13: It's Suspanning, biggest Dodger fan.
Speaker 20: Here in the Midwest, and I'm telling you it was I was in the eye of the storm tonight when after that first homer from Cheerio, I'm telling you, it was like an earthquake that shook that stadium.
Speaker 13: These people were so fanatical they.
Speaker 20: They thought that they had the game, and I'm telling you, inning by inning by inning.
Speaker 13: The life of them started deflating.
Speaker 7: I'm talking.
Speaker 20: It felt like funeral by the sixth and seventh inning, I thought it was in a funeral temple, I'm telling you. And it's like tonight the jugglar was officially cut. If we were actual she's gonna play four games here, we would actually sweep.
Speaker 13: Them at home.
Speaker 7: That's how the bloom pure pure.
Speaker 13: The Beuer fans are filling right now. It's pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call it.
Speaker 13: I know DV my buddy Daves, he called it.
Speaker 20: He predicted it earlier that we will sweep if we won tonight.
Speaker 11: I'm gonna go with him.
Speaker 7: But not only that, I'm calling it.
Speaker 13: The four Horsemen.
Speaker 20: Okay, SNeW Yamamoto Glass now and don't forget show.
Speaker 13: Hey, Otani, We're going for the sweep, all right.
Speaker 1: Many appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Drive safe as you make your way down the west side of Lake Michigan back to the city of Chicago. Glad you enjoyed the game tonight eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy Ken in Newport Beach, thanks for being patient. Ken, good to hear from you. How you doing, hey, Miss?
Speaker 12: All I can say is amazing. I've got to go back to Drysdale in Kofax. Back to back players, pitchers, these two guys, the last three the a's were amazing. If someone would have came to you a month ago after being swept six in a row by Walkee and said they're going to go into Milwaukee and win both the first two games, and then at that same person said not only a squeep, but you're going to do it by the bottom of your lineup. And Keike Hernandez right now hitting three seventy nine could be MVP. And the amazing thing about this is just incredible. Last year's Superstar and this year fifty five home runs, it's hitting one seven and in the two years of the playoffs he's hitting one ninety six and this year and they're still winning. I don't see anybody beating these guys because you know Otani's gonna start they hit the ball, right, I mean, fifteen bakeouts in eight games is crazy. But the whole thing is just amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is that the numbers are ridiculous when you start to look at him, and then you start thinking, as you mentioned, Keed, that Shoeotani hasn't really joined the party here. In October, a couple of home runs and Game one of the Wild Card against the Cincinnati Reds. Then he's been quiet ever since at the plate, striking out a lot, not a lot of good at bats. Started hitting the ball hard last night in Game one of this NLCS, and finally broke through with an RBI single in the seventh inning. I mean, if they're winning without show Heyotani and some production from Freddie Freeman and some production from Mookie Bets, what happens when these guys do get going, because they will. I mean, it's scary to think about what they've done without the big three really being producers on this team. Oh all home run here from Freddie Freeman last night. Certainly Mookie Betts drawing walks, yes, but collectively having those big games, those big series, those big stretches that we saw during the season. They haven't had that yet, and they've won six of seven games that they've played so far this postseason. Now, our next caller we talked to this morning on scam. We asked them to say little prayer, little blessing for Yamamoto in his start tonight and to be with him to help him navigate through that Milwaukee Brewers lineup.
Speaker 1: Father Gary right here in Burbank. Wow, the power of prayer, Father Gary.
Speaker 13: Kim, That's all I wanted to say. Man, you took towards right out of my mouth. What else do I have to say? Listen, we have such a great organization. We have the power of prayer. Tommy Losordi used to say that God is a Dodger fan. We got everybody on our side.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 13: Look remember the days when we picked up Max month Seat and they told that, they said put him anywhere where the ball will go to him. He's got the most home runs in the postseason for the Dodgers. Now, good night. That nobody believed in ten years ago, and he's killing it in the postseason. He's a superstar. I love that our organization takes chances on that. I love what the caller earlier said about how you want the pictures and pay for it. This is the investment that we've made as Dodger fans. This is why we pay forty bucks to park our cars. This is why we pay eighteen bucks for a beer. This is the postseason, man, I love it. Listen, I'm going to kind of hold back on some of my prayers and hold it for the World Series. But I'm hoping that we sweep these guys, we get some good arrest and that Freddy and show Hey come out of there slumber and show some numbers, because this is just a lot of fun to watch. And I guess I missed the unicorn and we had Bible study tonight. I had to turn off the game for a little bit, but got lots of text messages saying that I missed the unicorn of a complete game. Yeah, but love that our Dodgers are doing that. Tim, thanks for what you do, and I echo everybody else. Five seventy is the best man.
Speaker 9: Keep it up.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, Father Gary. Remember on time tomorrow. No, Tarty's okay, you got it all right? There he goes, Father Gary. Check it in here from Burbank as the Dodgers get the win. And yeah, what a performance from Yamamoto. He was fune was blowing up during babble study, Dodger fans turning on the radios, going to social media and going, wait a second, did.
Speaker 1: I read that right?
Speaker 2: A complete game three hitter from a Dodger starter. Yes, you read that correctly. Yoshinobu Yamamoto the first Dodgers since Jose Lima Rest in Peace back in two thousand and four to throw a complete game in a postseason For the Dodgers. Before that, Oral Hersheizer did it three times back in the postseason in nineteen eighty eight as the Dodgers tonight five runs on eleven hits.
Speaker 1: Think about this.
Speaker 2: They were two for eleven with runners in scoring position and stranded ten runners. Okay, they won five to one, and they left ten runners on base. Meanwhile, Yoshinoba Yama Modo gives up the leadoff home run to Jackson Curio the very first Battery faces the very first pitch he throws in the bottom of the first inning, and then he scatters just two hits the rest of the way. An Air gets the runner on base in the second, a walk later in the game, and then retires fourteen in a row to finish off the Milwaukee Brewers. As the Dodgers finish off winning the first two games in Milwaukee and head home now game three on Thursday, eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. Paul and Corona, you are next up here on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Paul?
Speaker 8: How you doing?
Speaker 11: Tim?
Speaker 2: I'm doing fantastic, Paul. Dodgers just keep on rolling.
Speaker 13: Oh yeah, man, I've been trying to call forever long time listeners.
Speaker 21: First time getting through, but yeah, I've been I believe blue since I was born, and we've been amazing.
Speaker 11: This is the first time. I'm not going to try to prolong this, but first time.
Speaker 21: You know that I've seen two back.
Speaker 12: To back in my age.
Speaker 11: But I know when Sandy Kovax pitched.
Speaker 10: Three games in the World Series and free hitter.
Speaker 11: To complete game to win the World Series in nineteen sixty five.
Speaker 21: I'm a historian, but god rest, I wanted to call when David Vasse was saying, who has something about Kershaw because he's one of my biggest fans.
Speaker 11: I'm one of his biggest fans.
Speaker 21: And I saw his first start ever and that was the last game my little brother went to. He passed away, and I tried to call in.
Speaker 11: I couldn't get through.
Speaker 21: But the Dodgers are amazing right now, and I am excited for I have Game five tickets. My brother bought them, and so if it happens, it happens.
Speaker 1: But we sweep them, great, well, we'll see they get to a Game five.
Speaker 11: I only get through.
Speaker 21: Yeah, I've been Kim and now I'm a UCLA fan too.
Speaker 2: All right on, Paul, Hey, great to hear from you. Glad you got through and enjoy here from you and enjoyed the conversation. Hopefully they're well. I hope there's not a Game five. I shouldn't say, I hope you get to go to Game five. If you get to go to Game five, great, I'm looking forward to that, and I'm sure you are too. But I'll be honest with you, as Colin he's throwing me right now. Fource up if you're a UCLA fan, and let's get this done in four, right, let's get this thing done in four.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers have dominated. They have allowed just.
Speaker 2: Two runs on five hits in the first two games of this NLCS. I repeat, the Dodgers in two games have held the Milwaukee Brewers to two runs on five hits in eighteen innings of baseball through the first two games. Tonight, at complete game three hitter, there's one run giving up as the Dodgers beat the Brewers five to one. Let's head back back out to Milwaukee. The manager Dave Roberts meeting with the media.
Speaker 22: Just having starting pitchers go as deep as Snell and Glen Moto have done for the last two games. It's something that doesn't really happen in today's game anymore. How and why have you guys been able to pull it off?
Speaker 20: Well?
Speaker 23: I think if you look at the construction of our roster currently, you know the strength is starting pitching, and you know, when you can have your most talented pitchers get the most outs, then you're in a good spot.
Speaker 4: And right now, you know, all four of.
Speaker 23: Those guys are in a really good headspace physically, they're sound, and you know, you feel good about those guys starting a game and pushing them in they're prepared for this.
Speaker 9: Good to Jared into the second row.
Speaker 24: You've you've had a lot of good starting pitchers here for the time you've been in this job, but throughout your playoff career there's certainly been games you've had great starting pitchers and you did take them out before the eighth, before the ninth. What do you think has gotten you to the point where you're just maybe more comfortable pushing these guys to one hundred and five one hundred and ten pitches where maybe you weren't in the past.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I think it's a combo of.
Speaker 23: I just think that right now, each one of these guys are throwing the ball incredibly well, and you know, obviously you know there's been things with the bullpen, but just trying to find the right you know, spots for those guys.
Speaker 4: But again, I think for me, it's it just goes to.
Speaker 23: You know, given your just kind of weighing out, whoever's behind them has got to be a better option, you know, given where those guys are at. And I believe in all of our pitchers, but I think in each moment, I got to evaluate each game and how they're throwing the baseball, and you know, the last two nights and even this postseason, I just feel.
Speaker 4: Really confident in the way the starters.
Speaker 23: Are attacking hitters, the efficiency, the way they're able to mix and give hitters different looks.
Speaker 25: Chelsea, you on the far right in the front, Hey, dave Yamamoto had some big games for your last October.
Speaker 9: So it's not like this is totally coming out of nowhere.
Speaker 25: But in the last year, what have you kind of seen come out of him that has allowed him to be the guy he was on this stage tonight.
Speaker 4: I see a real confidence. I think that's what it is.
Speaker 23: I think that you know, last year, certainly there was a transition, and even in the postseason, I didn't give him a whole lot of leash, and we also had a really talented bullpen which we clearly leaned on and have talked about, you know, a lot. But I think this year he's got true confidence For me that third time through at pitch ninety he feels that he's the best option, and so I think for me that just gives that confidence.
Speaker 5: Jack third row in the middle, When was it a tough call sending him back out for the ninth.
Speaker 4: No, No, it wasn't. It was more of it was a hitter to hitter thing.
Speaker 23: We had Vesia behind him, but just the way he was throwing, I felt really good about him.
Speaker 4: Starting the ninth.
Speaker 2: All Right, there's a manager, Dave Roberts letting Yoshinobu Yamamoto go back out there and finish off. When he started eight innings ninety seven pitches, he had a five to one lead that he was working with going to the bottom of the ninth inning, and he went back out there finished with one hundred and eleven pitches total. He's got the final three batters that he faced there in the ninth inning, and he gets a complete game, three hit win as the Dodgers beat the Brewers five to one. Jd and Compton, You're next up here on Dodger Talk. Thanxts for being patient, JT JD.
Speaker 16: How you doing, I'll say them wonderful tonight what Dodgers would so, hey, we're sweeping in Tonight was the last game in Milwaukee for those fans. And I want to say I got a new nickname for Yamamoto. His new nickname is Kama Cozi because he got that strong, worried spirit about him, and he was he was on the night. Outside of that home run he took just like a boxer, taking that hard left hook to that chin, but Yamamoto came out with the uppercut right hood left hook and boobop the Brewers the rest of the way.
Speaker 13: He was on the night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was on for sure. I love the boxing and analogy.
Speaker 2: I got calling you in here shadow boxing as you were saying left hook to the chin, left right, left right uppercut. Yeah, it was very impressive and I thought Dave Roberts said it perfectly when he said the C word confidence Yoshinova Yamamoto. Ever since, and I repeat this a lot, and if you heard me say it, I'm sorry, I'm gonna say it again since Game five the NLDS last year against the Padres on that Friday night, when the Dodgers needed him to go out there and pitch his tail off.
Speaker 1: He did that exactly.
Speaker 2: And ever since that Game five of the NLDS last year, he has been a different pitcher. From the rest of last year's postseason through all of twenty twenty five, he has pitched with way more confidence than we saw during the regular season and early part of the postseason last year. Whatever it was, it's clicked, it's changed. He is a different pitcher out there on the mound. He's aggressive and he's got confidence, and that is the best way to describe what has happened to him. He has grown in confidence and he is a completely different pitcher.
Speaker 8: And he was.
Speaker 2: Over the thirty plus starts that he made this year, he was top ten in like five pitching stats in Major League Baseball. He's gonna finish second in the Cy Young Award voting in the National League. Paul Skeens is going to win that, but Yoshinobu Yama Voto is going to finish second in the Cy Young Award voting. He was that good during the regular season. Again, confidence on the mound, and that confidence was oozing tonight in Miller Park. Formerly known as Miller Park now American Family Field in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Solomon Lake Balva. Great to hear you, Solomon.
Speaker 9: How you doing, Buddy, I'm good to him.
Speaker 11: Thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 1: Sure, you know.
Speaker 11: I never like to make predictions, and a series is not over until you have won four games. However, I do not see the Milwaukee Brewers winning the next four of five games. That's not going to happen now. Couldn't it be a sleep? Possibly? And the reason why sometimes baseball is really a simple game. The Milwaukee Brewers cannot hit Dodger pitching, and the Milwaukee Brewers pitchers cannot stop Dodger hitting. You've seen it in the first two games. It's that simple. Unless that changes. I don't see them being.
Speaker 2: Do you No, I don't, And I think the bar has been set. Great to hear you, Solomon, as always, Buddy. I think the bar was set last night from Blake Snell for starting pitchers that this is this is what.
Speaker 1: We expect, this is what you should be doing, and this is what you need to go out and do.
Speaker 2: And he set the bar really high last night with those eight innings of work and Yamamoto tonight.
Speaker 1: Dugged in real deep.
Speaker 2: After that solo home run, the crowd was into it to get out of the first. The leadoff batter in the second was an air on Max Munsey. A single in the third, a single in the fourth, a walk in the fifth.
Speaker 8: That was it.
Speaker 2: Little bit of traffic on the basis, but nobody in scoring position, nobody for the Milwaukee Brewers tonight, and he retired the last fourteen batters that he faced. The bar has now been set just as high with the performers tonight. From Yamamoto for Tyler glassnew in Game three on Thursday at a Dodger stadium. They just are passing that baton and saying, all right, here's what I did next.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do? Yamamoto?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll go complete Game three hitter Blake Snell, all right, now, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: Tyler Glass?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: It's like a dance off. It's like a dance off.
Speaker 2: One guy does something, looks to the next guy says, all right, your turn now, and now is time for Tyler Glass now to go out there on Thursday and do his thing and then show hey Otani to close things out on Friday. In Game four, let's finish this off, Let's make it a clean sweep, and let's get ready for another World Series. The Dodgers halfway there, winning the first two games in Milwaukee. In this NLCS, is a bell?
Speaker 1: Anaheim?
Speaker 7: Is he?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Everything going good right now for the Dodgers? Everything going great for this starting staff?
Speaker 13: Is he?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 3: He?
Speaker 8: Is he?
Speaker 1: Did we lose you? Is it too late? Did you fall asleep?
Speaker 11: Is he.
Speaker 1: Is a bell?
Speaker 23: No?
Speaker 2: All right, we'll put her back on a hold. Maybe she just wants to keep listening to the show. Maybe it's putting her to sleep. Man, If I put Isabelle from Anaheim to sleep, what does that say?
Speaker 1: That's not good? Well, maybe she's just so tired from the celebration of the Knight's win. That's what it is. That's what it is.
Speaker 2: Isabell's so excited about the Dodgers win, the celebrating that she probably did tonight after the performance from Yamamoto, that she just had had enough. Night night for Isabella and Anaheim. That's gonna be night night for us here on Dodger Talk. Maybe thanks to Colin ye Thanks to all you Dodger fans for being a part of the show. In case you missed it, you can always podcast it on the iHeartRadio app. We'll be back at six am tomorrow morning, Yes, literally hours from now. Back at it with Sax and Kate's and Am Steve Saxon myself for three hours live in Locals six am.
Speaker 1: To nine am.
Speaker 2: More Dodger Talk, more reaction. Mike Soosha will join us in the eight o'clock hour. A great night to be a Dodger fan. Yoshinobu Yamamoto a complete game three hitter, the first complete game postseason pitched in Major League Baseball since twenty seventeen, the first by a Dodger starter since two thousand and four, and the Dodgers now two wins away from going back to the World Series. Dodgers back at it Thursday against the Brewers, Game three, three to zero eight.
Speaker 1: First pitch again.
Speaker 2: We got you covered live in local all day Wednesday, Thursday, leading up to first pitch, Amerongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Have a great, safe rest of your Tuesday night. The Dodgers are coming home up two games and nothing in the NLCA. Solo everybody sh