Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the World Champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to al Rongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Monday, May eighteenth, as your back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers twenty nine and eighteen on the year first place atop the NL West.
Speaker 4: After a sweep of the Angels.
Speaker 6: In the Freeway Series down at Anaheim, the Dodgers now head further south down the five Freeway to San Diego for a big three game series again to the Padres. Yoshinobu Yamamoto gets to start in the series opener.
Speaker 4: First pitch from pet Goo Park is coming up at six forty.
Speaker 6: Between now and then, we got a lot to get to here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 4: You're gonna hear from Kyle Tucker. Kirsten Watson from Sports in the LA will stop by.
Speaker 6: David Vasse is gonna go one on one with Dodger manager Dave Roberts. We will preview this pitching matchup. TV of course checks in throughout the hour. We got the latest on the Dodgers injury. We'll get your magical moment of the day. Charlie Steiner will stop buying about thirty minutes and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Galloping Ford broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Well, yesterday the.
Speaker 6: Big A and Anaheim Dodgers had a chance for a sweep of the Angels, and they got exactly that. Roki Sasaki his best start with the Dodgers. Seven innings, one run, four hits, eight strikeouts, did not walk a batter. He threw ninety one pitches, a career high in strikeouts, his longest outing of his young MLB career, and he got all the offense he could have won. In the top of the second, Miguel Rojas Bassis loaded sack fly gave the Dodgers a one nothing lead, then Heisung Kim in RBI single, his tenth of the year, made it a two to nothing at Dodgers lead. In the fourth, the Dodgers got after Grayson Rodriguez chasing him from the game not before show Hey Otani had two runs single Dodgers a four to nothing lead.
Speaker 4: Then Andy Pies tacked on more.
Speaker 2: Kim is at third, Otani is at second, Freevens at first. Oh one swing on hot shot in the left center of base. Here here comes get under score Otani rounding third, he will score. Andy Pie haz does it again with runners in scoring Possision drives in two. It is six to nothing Dodgers.
Speaker 7: That ball was hit so hard.
Speaker 8: O'tani barely got out of the way as he's leading on from second base.
Speaker 4: Well, he got out of the way.
Speaker 6: RBI's forty and forty one for BAJZ Dodgers with a six nothing lead. Kyle Tucker RBI single made it a seven nothing Dodgers lead as they score.
Speaker 4: Five runs in the fourth inning.
Speaker 6: Rookie Sasaki's only hiccup came with a RBI single in the fourth from Johann Mancata made it a seven to one Dodgers lead. Fast forward to the ninth inning Dodgers, Kyle Tucker delivered more.
Speaker 7: Oh two pitch.
Speaker 2: Tucker swings ropes it down the right field line.
Speaker 1: That's a hit.
Speaker 2: That's gonna roll in the corner. Kim will come in and score. PI has his touching third. He's coming around.
Speaker 7: The relay throw will be cut off. PI has scored standing up.
Speaker 2: It's a two out, two run double for Kyle Tucker and the Dodgers now with a nine to one lead.
Speaker 8: For Tucker three RBIs that's his third hit at the afternoon.
Speaker 4: Kyle Tucker two run double. What a day he had.
Speaker 6: He and show Hey each with three hits apiece. Dodgers still weren't done in the nine te Oscar Hernandez RBI single that made it a ten to one Dodgers lead. That would be the final score. Rookie Sasaki picks up his second win of the season. Dodd sweep the Freeway series. The Dodgers now winners of five in a row. They outscored the Angels thirty one to three in the three games set. As the Dodgers, now twenty nine and eighteen overall, head to San Diego, where they go into action tonight. One game, make that a half game up on San Diego in the NL West. Great pitching match up with Yoshinobu Yamamoto going.
Speaker 4: For the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: First pitch is six forty. With more we head out to the galpin Ford broadcast. But with this we say hello to Steven Nelson and Rick Monday guys.
Speaker 4: Thanks so much, Tim.
Speaker 9: It is a gorgeous Monday evening here in San Diego Petco Park. The Dodgers and Padres for the very first time in twenty twenty six, just a half game separating these two teams in the National League West standings. Both teams on winning streaks, the Dodgers with five in a row after sweeping and dominating the Halos. The Padres just swept the Mariners in Seattle. So all that the same mod this should be another terrific showdown.
Speaker 8: I agree, and quite frankly, I think we're putting in perspective other than the series against the Atlanta Brays, this is probably the most difficult matchup as far as team wise the Dodgers have seen this year some other teams that they played. Not to say that they're not good teams, but they were not playing well at that particular time San Diego comes in. As you mentioned, they swept Seattle for the Dodgers had a very easy time against the Angels in Anaheim, so this is not going to be an easy trip from this point on. And then Milwaukee too, and Milwaukee is the ball club that kind of rises to the occasion. But for this Dodger ball club, I mean, they were so dominant in all kinds of areas. They hit very well in the last not just the last three games, really the last five games. They've hit well, they have pitched well. And the other thing that gets overlooked, but it's so important. The defense has been spectacular.
Speaker 9: To use a word that you just throw out their overlook the fact that the Dodgers did not overlook a last place team in the Angels and took care of business in a series on paper they were supposed to do just that.
Speaker 4: I think that's the.
Speaker 9: Sign of an experienced team, a veteran team, and a focus team.
Speaker 8: And focus because you're not okay, fine, so many times to say, well, a team will play up to its competition if they're not really really playing too well, well, then there's the also the other side, root team will play down to the competition. And then there's the third part, and that's looking ahead to the next series. The Dodgers did not look ahead to the next series. They took care of business when they had opportunities, not only getting runners on base in the first thing. Said, well, yeah, fine, but the Dogs had a lot of walks issued to them in that series. But some of those walks that were issued is because the Doctors were very selective in pitches that they were offering. At swinging to.
Speaker 9: Thirty one to three, they outscore the Angels in terms of run differential. One of the more dominant three game series we have seen. The Dodgers have on twenty nine hits, they scored at least six runs in all three games. That being said, this series is going to be different because the Padres can pitch.
Speaker 4: They can pitch the lights out.
Speaker 9: The fact that they are just a half game back of the Dodgers with really nothing from Fernando Tatties Junior, nothing from Manny Machado, and nothing from Jackson Merrill is remarkable because and how's that happening, you might be asking. That's because if they have the lead in the sixth or seventh inning, more often than not, it's.
Speaker 8: Game over, and it depends on who they're going to in the different bullpens. Because we look at the eras, the Dodgers have the second lowest ERA and for the Padres they're in the middle of the pack that's number sixteen. But they rise to the occasion when they have the opportunities to close games out.
Speaker 9: Terrific starting pitching matchup as well. Yoshinobu Yamamoto against Michael King, two guys who can empathize with a lack of run support. We'll see who gets more in this series opener for the Dodgers than Padres. Will send it back to.
Speaker 6: You, Tim, all right, thanks a lot and Elliot, So we cut you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on at Shakey's Pizza Parlor or to your Shaky's Pizza, Chicken and Mojo's right now at Shaky's dot com. We're often running here on Morongo Casino. Dodgers on deck coming up before first pitch. You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. We'll hear from Kyle Tucker. We'll get your Otani rewind and visit with Kirsten Watson though. Next as we lead you up to first bitch from San Diego on this Monday night, Dodgers Padres. First bitch is six forty. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Katson. This is the home of the back to back world champion Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Padres on this Monday night is a kickoff a three game series for first in the NL West. Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Michael King. The pitching matchup in the series opener. First pitch set for six forty.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani Rewide.
Speaker 2: The official bank of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Otani HRIPs this next pitch into center field, a basic lead off single for Otani. Fans are beginning to get on their feet to see Otani hit.
Speaker 7: With the bases loaded.
Speaker 2: The pitch he swings. He hits a line drive right center field.
Speaker 7: Basic.
Speaker 2: Taioska comes into score, Miguel Rojas comes into score, and Otani with two more.
Speaker 7: Runs batted in.
Speaker 2: It's four nothing Dodgers, but two two pitch to Otani and he swings and lanes. It's a left a base hic opposite field single for Show Hey Otani. He has three hits this afternoon.
Speaker 6: Show Hey Otani, three hits, including the two run single to start a five run fourth Indian for the Dodgers. RBIs number twenty three and twenty four as Show Hey Otani. After a couple of days off, including one to pitch only and then a full night off against the Giants, starting to heat up since coming back in the designated hitter role as the Dodgers beat up on the Angels yesterday ten to one.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey Kirson al joins us from Petco Park as we get ready for the starts of this big three game series brought to you by Cars for Kids Dot Org. All right, Kirson, Big series, Dodgers and Padres a half game between them in the standings and both teams coming into this series at Petcock Park on a little bit of a roll.
Speaker 4: They are.
Speaker 10: The Dodgers are on a five game win streak. The Padres are coming into this one and you know they had a big series against the Mariners, they're able to beat up on them. So you've got two teams that it seems like this is going to be a division battle when it comes to the NL West. As you mentioned, right now, the Padres are only a half game back. But you know, when I was talking to some of the guys today just as to how they feel coming into this one one, there's the positive just mindset of energy of their coming into this one. As I mentioned on a five game win streak, but they're coming into this one and they feel like they're clicking on all cylinders right now. The pitching has been excellent as of late. Yes, the depth has been tested with some injuries, whether it's to Blake Snow or even somewhere like Tyler Glass now Tyler working his way back, Blake having surgery tomorrow. But you're seeing the offensively take off right now, and so you're feeling a little bit of the different And so the hope is not only it's not just is this a measuring stick going up against the projects as to where this team is at right now, it's more of how do we maintain.
Speaker 11: This consistency that we're seeing amongst.
Speaker 10: The group because it has been a bit of an up and down season for the team, and they just want to kind of get back on track as to who they truly are as a group and continue to show that.
Speaker 11: So that's really how they're approaching this series.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: This is a San Diego team.
Speaker 6: They've been playing really well, the offense is clicking, the starting pitching has been pretty good for them, But it's their bulpen.
Speaker 4: That they hang their head on.
Speaker 6: And I know a lot of times Garrison the Dodgers want to get to that starter and knock them out of the game as early as possible to get to their team's bullpen. But oh, this is a pretty good bullpen they're gonna go up against.
Speaker 10: Yeah, no, that's It's kind of fun that you mentioned this because I was talking to Taoskar Hernandez just in regard to does the approach or the plan for the offense change when you are going up against a team and they're facing Michael King today.
Speaker 11: He is their ace for the for the Padres.
Speaker 10: But as you mentioned, they have a very talented bullpen, one of the best is in the league, and how do you then manage that? And they were saying, ultimately, when it comes to this one, you want to find a take.
Speaker 11: You want to try to take advantage.
Speaker 10: Of the mistakes that King might have if you can find ways to get to him, But ultimately you want to try to build innings on him. So then you're not seeing the highest leverage of arms. If it's a two run game and they're going to the bullpen, then you're gonna see a those high leverage arms, and you don't want to put themselves. The office does not want to put themselves in that situation. So the hope is, how do they stick to themselves? How do they find ways to kind of build innings early against King or on the flip side, If you do see the high leverage arms early, how can you take in that information to kind of use to their benefit as the series keeps going, So.
Speaker 11: They feel like they have a good plan of attack.
Speaker 10: Ultimately, guys just feel like their quality of at bats have been better. The results have been there. Specifically for someone like Tao. He was saying that, you know, as much as he was moved in the order, and you know, if you look at like three four weeks ago, the results weren't really there.
Speaker 11: He still felt like he was in a good spot.
Speaker 10: He just was hitting the ball on the ground and not in the air, and he feels like now.
Speaker 11: That part has shifted. So the hope is really for them just to keep it going. They're feeling good.
Speaker 10: It seems like the Blue jerseys are working out really well for the group.
Speaker 4: And I don't know if.
Speaker 10: There's something a little superstitious about it, but the guys like it, and if it's.
Speaker 11: Putting runs on the board, then we accept it, you know.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 6: If it's working, keep it going. And the Dodgers are rolling right now going to this series against the Pod Jays, Kirsten, we appreciate it's gonna be a sold out crowd at pet Go Park tonight. It's certainly going to be a fun atmosphere. Checking with you after the game still to come here on WRONGO because you know, Dodgers on deck. We'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. DV checks in of course throughout the hour.
Speaker 4: We'll here from Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 6: But up next we'll get you an injury report as we lead you up to Dodgers Padres on this Monday and night from San Diego. First pitch from Petco Park sent for six forty I've sim Kates is the.
Speaker 4: Back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, on your home for the blue all season long law.
Speaker 6: Marogo Casino Dodgers on Deck inten news as we lead you up to first pitch from San Diego, the Dodgers and the Padres Marogo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand slam for a good times. Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Michael King the pitching matchup. We'll dive deeper into the numbers between the two coming up in just a little bit. First pitch set verse six forty.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 6: Report presented by UCLA Healthy Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Jack Dryer on the IL with the left shoulder it discomfored Blake Snell on the IL with the bodies in his left elbow surgery tomorrow, fingers crossed. That is a less invasive surgery. Glass Now on the IL lower back spasm has brought Stewart il bone spur in his left foot ed when Diaz on the IL recovering from elbow surgery. Tommy Eman on the sixty day IL Bruce dark ratterol Now on the sixty day IL and keyk Hernandez on the sixty d AIL, but he is trending to return. He's in TRIPLEA Oklahoma City on a minor league rehab assignment. He's eligible to come off the IL next week. All right, Dodgers yesterday scored ten runs against the Angels. They lit him up for thirty one runs in the three game series. He had an off night on Saturday and much needed day off for Kyle Tucker, but return to the lineup yesterday and the Dodger Rye fielder had three hits, drove in three runs and afterwards talked to David Vesse Kyle.
Speaker 5: Five game winning streak, the offensive scored forty runs. Does it feel like you guys are starting to come together?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, you know, we've been playing great ball lately. I mean, our pitching staff's on a great job all year, and they did another great job.
Speaker 4: Here today in the series.
Speaker 12: And our you know, offense has just done really good job overall, really great at bats, just keeping them the line moving, leaving it up to the next guy and just trying to put as much pressure on the opposing you know pitching staff, So we just continue to do that playing good baseball, it'll be all right.
Speaker 5: Can you appreciate the fact when you guys put up crooked numbers early in the game, a guy like Roki Sasaki can throw more strikes and feel more free and easy out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 12: I mean, you know, obviously we try and put a runds every inning. I mean, I think it just makes it easier overall for us. You know, it's not gonna happen every day, every single ending, every single game, but I mean, if you can just continue putting up good at bats and trying to make a little easier on the pitching staff who's held it down for us all year long, it's it makes a little bit easier.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like you're getting into a rhythm yourself?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean, uh, just trying to have good at bats and just keep the line moving. You know, guys have done a great job getting on basis this series and you know so far this year, So just trying to do my part.
Speaker 5: Last thing for you, your first taste of the Freeways series to play in three sellout crowds, most of them Dodger fans. What was your experience like.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 12: Yeah, played you know in this division against Angels for a while and then playing here again today, watching all the Dodgers fans come out and support us, you know, in the same city down here, it's amazing. I mean, we travel really well with our fan base, and you know, we just try and play and do the best we can for them and they come out and support us everywhere.
Speaker 5: Thanks for stopping. Congratulations on a good Dan, a good win streak.
Speaker 4: Thank you appreciate it.
Speaker 6: All Right, there's Kyle Tucker three hits yesterday, drives in three for the Dodgers as they beat the Angels tend to one to finish off this sweep. Coming up, you will hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts as he goes one on one with David Ve. Say up next, we will check in with DV get the very latest from pet Goo Park. So lead you up to Dodgers and Padres. I'm Tim Kates. Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 7: Now, as we were saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Padres on this Monday night. Yoshinobu Yamamo on the mount. First pitch coming up at six forty. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Alpoto.
Speaker 4: Born in La and made for your game day.
Speaker 6: El Pato brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sausas and hot sauces right to your table. El Poto, gourmee and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 6: All right, David, it's gonna be a fun couple of nights in San Diego fighting for first place between the Dodgers and Padres.
Speaker 4: Here in late May. But the Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Yesterday made an interesting move acquiring veteran Eric Lauer from the Blue Jays.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's because the Dodgers have had a lot of injuries to their pitchers and right now their pitching depth is very thin. River Ryan just came back after missing a month with a left hamstring strain, so Tyler Glassnell probably not going to pitch for another month. Blake Snell undergoing left elbow surgery tomorrow, So the Dodgers need a pitcher if they're going to keep this six man rotation and not compromise any of their other pitchers to injury or fatigue. So Eric Lower, who had a very good year with the Blue Jays last year, got off to a rough start this season with an e l over six, but the Dodgers believe they can get him back on track. We actually just had a chance to talk to Dodgers GM Brandon Gomes. Here's what he said about the thinking behind trading for Eric Lower.
Speaker 7: Brandon, what can you.
Speaker 5: Tell us about the Eric Lower trade and how he fits in?
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, obviously Eric's coming off a great year last year this year showing signs of being effective, but not quite.
Speaker 4: To the level of last year. So as you.
Speaker 13: Know, we're dealing with some pitching injuries and wanting to have guys available to come in and take down starts or you know, go deeper into games.
Speaker 4: Eric fits into that.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like he's gonna help out in bullpen game situations or be a starter?
Speaker 4: We're leaning more starter as of now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's to keep He hasn't been such a nice job keeping that six time rotation for reasons.
Speaker 4: We talked about.
Speaker 11: Is that it's kind of just make sure that that can stay on track.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I mean, the biggest thing is to make sure that, you know, we're balancing winning as many games as possible, but not you know, now panic and panicking and throwing our process out of whack here, So trying to balance the short and long term. And you know, this is a guy that's had a lot of success in the big leagues and somebody that we feel like we can get back to what.
Speaker 1: He was last year.
Speaker 5: Eric Lower has not joined the Dodgers yet, tim but he is expected to join the club before they leave for Milwaukee. So he does have a window of time to kind of make a transition when you get traded this early in the season, So the Dodgers are expecting him to be here in San Diego before they head to Milwaukee. Brandon Gomes was asked whether or not Lower would make his first start with the Dodgers during that three game weekend series against the Brewers, and he said the Dodgers are still talking through that.
Speaker 6: David is brought to by the Fort and Maverick Motor Trends in North American Truck of the Year. It's innovative with forty two miles per gallon at the best msrp F. It's category time to see Ford in a new light. Do so at your Southern California four dealers today. Dave Real quickly Blake Snell. What's the latest on the elbow surgery tomorrow?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Brandon Gomes also informed us that he is going to undergo a scope tomorrow to remove those loose bodies in his left elbow.
Speaker 7: Here's the good news.
Speaker 5: He said, he is going to undergo that nanoscope procedure that Trek Scouble underwent at the hands of doctor Neil Ellachosh, which helps, it's less invasive, and it helps to come back quicker. So he should be able to start throwing the baseball after a month. So that's great news and hopefully it works out.
Speaker 4: That is great news TV. All right, we'll check back in with you just a little bit.
Speaker 6: He's gonna go high and tight with manager Dave Roberts leading up to first pitch Dodgers and the Padres from San Diego. Up next, Dodgers Magical moment of Tim Kass, the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Lead you up to Dodgers and the Padres, huge three game series from San Diego. Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Michael kingnapitching matchup. First pitch coming up at six forty.
Speaker 7: Who wants that hot?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfing Magical Moment. Ditch Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs. Well the Dodgers Taken on the Padres.
Speaker 6: We go back to when these two teams met in the twenty twenty four nl DS Game one out of Dodgers Stadium. Show Hey Otani his first career postseason home.
Speaker 4: Run, cease into his wind up and Old Tony, what up? Great girl, Welcome to the post season.
Speaker 1: So hell Old.
Speaker 3: Tony, the game's brightest star. Ready for the game's biggest stage. A game time three run, full run.
Speaker 4: Are you nervous?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 6: Nope, not nervous when you got show Hey Otani in in his first career postseason home run that tied the game at three, and of course the Dodgers will go on and win Game one by final of seven to five. This Hafey Magical moment brought to you by Haffy hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Haffy hot Dogs Local and the So Great Way. We continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 4: We will check in with.
Speaker 6: Charlie Steiner, so we head up the first pitch Dodgers m Padres from San Diego. Oh, the fight for first in the NL West begins tonight. Tim Keats is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Law Dodgers and Padre is getting ready to start a three game series from Petco Park in San Diego.
Speaker 4: Yoshinobu Yamamoto gets the start time.
Speaker 6: Now for the Verizon startup, as we're thirty minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low prize for three years so you can save big. Visit your SoCal Verizon store today. We say hello to Charlie Stunner.
Speaker 14: All right, Tim, Now it's the Dodgers and the Padres, the first of three at Petco Park. And here are the Dodgers with a half a game lead on the Padres Dodgers twenty nine and eighteen, a season high eleven games over five hundred, a half game in front of the Padres Padres to twenty eight and eighteen, they too are at a season high ten games over five hundred after the Dodgers just demolished the Angels all weekend, and so now certainly stiffer competition. So let's talk about first, Sasaki, who was one of the headline stories yesterday, and he was terrific. There are no quipples there, seven innings, a run for hit, eight strikeass, no walks, ninety one pitches, his best start of his Dodger career. But how much of an asterisk do you put on that low because we're talking about an Angels team that is just dreadful, hitting two twenty eight, the lowest team batting average in baseball, and with their record being what it is the worst in baseball?
Speaker 7: How do you play into that when you look at those numbers.
Speaker 8: I think it's a very legal question to be asking, because if you put it in perspective of teams that Dodgers have played, the Angels came in with less firepower than what any other team has done. I mean that was the thirty first loss of the season. The Dodgers want to get yesterday by a score of ten to one. The other part two is Dodgers had twenty nine hits, Angels had fifteen. So put it in perspective, I think the biggest thing that I drew out of the outing by a Sasaki. He looked a more comfortable and B he challenged hitters to swing the bats regardless of their batting average. He challenged him to swing the bats instead of looking like he was trying to pitch around hitters even making contact.
Speaker 14: Terrific Patching matchup tonight Now, I'm Amoto making his ninth start of the year three and three, a three point six er, Michael King three and two, and he's got an the RAF two and two thirds. Let's talk about Andy pas a little bit. I mean he he was a defensive wizard out there all weekend. I mean there was nothing that was going to get past him or around him.
Speaker 7: It was remarkable performance.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and I think if you look at three years ago, we saw Andy Piez. I talked to some coaches when Pies first came up, and I said, look, there's an issue. As a former center fielder, I said, when the ball across his home plate, you need to have both feet on the ground. Why, well, you're gonna have to move in one of four different directions. You go in, you go back, you go left, or right. You cannot do that if you have one foot in the air. And that's exactly what he was doing because he was taking a step forward. The right foot was still in the air when the ball crossed the home plate area. Well, something I talked with Dino Evil for a couple of years about, and then Dino this year is in charge of the outfielders. And with Dino working with Andy Pahz pa haz Now and I said this twice in a series in Anaheim, pa haz to me plays center field like he is daring you, absolutely daring you to hit the ball anywhere close to him, because he's just flat out told everybody I own this area, don't dare enter it with a baseball.
Speaker 14: So now we're talking about him as an elite defensive center fielder. He leads the National League with forty one runs batted in fifth and the Leaion hits.
Speaker 7: Yes. All Star Game is two months away. Got it?
Speaker 14: But has there been a better center fielder in the National League so far this year that certainly we've seen.
Speaker 8: Well both sides of the baseball. Here's another area too. His base running has really improved if we look at this year really I think the second half of last year too. And by improving, I'm talking about awareness, anticipation, and also he has learned now ahead of time. Oh yes, you're relying upon the third base coach, that being dinu Ebel. If you're at first base and to make the round at second base, before you get to the second base bag, you're picking up the third base coach understanding. Look is he calling you over or is he telling you to hold up? But Bajes now has a better idea of which outfielders can a get to the baseball very quickly, b which ones decide, well, I'm not going to run that hard to get the baseball, and then see who has really good throwing arms, and you mix that all into one area. He has been much much better in running the bases.
Speaker 14: How As he get ready for those game, as we often do, we go over to the stats and explain to me, if you can bo here are the Padres eleventh in the National League in runs scored, dead last with a two to twenty four batting average. They're ninth in the league in home runs on base percentagear. The bottom ops near the bottom, and the starting rotation ain't bad.
Speaker 7: This has been the bullpen. But how are they able to do this?
Speaker 8: It's a good question do they win games when they have to win them? The Diners are twenty nine victories and San Diego in spite of the numbers you're just reciting. Yeah, last in the hitting area, sixteenth in ERA overall, but they have twenty eight wins and knocking on the door in first place. It's a ball club that wants to win. It's had success. It has had three consecutive appearances in the postseason. They've been there five for the last seven years, and when you come down into this ballpark, they feel they have a big advantage, although this year they're just thirteen and ten at home, three games above the five hundred mark.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's the first of three? Is Yamamoto and King coming up? Tim?
Speaker 6: All right, thank you, Charlie. The Big Series starts tonight in San Diego. Dodgers Baseball's presented by Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 4: Visit uniclow dot com.
Speaker 6: Slash us still to come here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We're gonna get your preview with this pitching matchup. Steven and Rake will have those keys.
Speaker 1: To the game.
Speaker 6: But up next we go high and tie with the manager Dave Roberts. Get his thoughts going to this series. Dodgers right in a five game winning streak head in San Diego. First pitch of six forty I have Tim Katz is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Padres, first of three from Petco Park. A half game separates La and San Diego. Yoshinobu Yamamoto Michael King the pitching matchup of the series opener. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parler, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. Whin It's game night, It's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Padres. That's enough said right there, and we're with three time World Series winning manager Dave Roberts in the office. Dave, thanks a lot for the time, and this is going to be exciting.
Speaker 15: It's gonna be fun. You know, these guys obviously a lot a lot of talent over there, and geography lends yourself to a rivalry. Certainly their play, our play lends yourself to a rivalry in the last handful of year. So it's gonna be a fun, hopefully not too eventful series, but it's gonna be good baseball.
Speaker 5: You were asked yesterday whether or not the Padres being as good as they've been has helped push you guys during the regular season. Do you feel like every great team needs that The Yankees had the Red Sox over the course of time. Do you feel like the Padres are that for the Dodgers.
Speaker 15: Well, I think if you look at recent history, yes, you know, you know, you're talking about rivalries and what fans, what media look towards. And yeah, I do think that good teams make you better, and so, you know, not even close to comparing it to the Lakers Celtics. But when you have a team that is a rival, a nemesis, whatever you want to kind of say, it does bring out the best in you.
Speaker 5: Do you get excited for these type of series?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 15: I do, but you know, I also try to manage my emotions a little bit more going into it. It always hasn't played out on the field, but I think that I know that the intensity is going to be there organically, so I try not to get too hyped up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dave Roberts says sur by what seven padres managers over the course of your time managing the Dodgers.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's crazy, you know, but they still got their core of you know, their position players. But there's been some turnover over there and now new ownership. But it's a fun place to come play a ball game, certainly if you're the Dodgers, and you know, they do everything they can to kind of keep our fans from attending down here because it is and has been pet Coo South or Dodgers Stadium South, but we still get represented pretty well down here.
Speaker 5: What's it like for Dave Roberts in your neighborhood. I know, whenever the Padres are that one time the Padres beat the Dodgers in the postseason, you would get stop walking your dog? Do you do you get left alone these days?
Speaker 15: Yeah, it's dissipated recently, which is great for me. It's tough living down here in the offseason, and I take my fair share of riving, but it's quieted down, which is a good thing for me.
Speaker 5: Five game winning streak. You guys have scored forty runs during that those five wins. What stood out to you the most about your offense during this winning streak?
Speaker 15: I think at bad quality and I know I say that a lot and just kind of really it's it really is, you know, the idea of really swinging it, strikes, moving the ball forward when you get that opportunity the ending the at bat, taking balls, you know, there's a lot of counts, pitches in counts that you know, it goes from a three to one count if you take a ball at ball versus swing at it and it's two to two count. And people remember the final you know, pitch of the at bat. But there's a lot of pitches in between that matter just as much. And so I think for me in the Angel Series, I thought that we valued every pitch within the at bat more and the walks will result and just again earning counts. You know, you don't get to three to one, three to zero. You earn those counts and then make the pitcher have to come to you. So that's for me, that mindset was better this last series.
Speaker 5: When you say that where you have to earn counts, what do you mean by that?
Speaker 15: Well, I think that you do that by not being stubborn in your zone. You know, when it's a one O pitch that's just off a breaking ball and you take it. You've earned that one oh count instead of swinging at it hyper aggressively to then being an O one count. You know, when it's a one to one pitch and it's a slider down in a way and you take it, you've earned that two to one count, you know. And you saw even in the Angels series there were some two oh sliders that they threw us and we got into two to one counts by swinging. But if we would have taken that slider off, we'd have earned a three zero count. So I think that for me, I liked the idea of earning something and if you put it in that mindset within your bat. I think it's more motivating.
Speaker 5: Does that create some accountability amongst the players themselves?
Speaker 7: I think so?
Speaker 15: And I also think that what it does is that it puts it into context for the player that you know, good counts don't just happen. You've got to put in your work or as I've just said, you've got to earn those counts.
Speaker 5: You were a leadoff hitter, very much different style of a lead offitter than show Heyo Tani. But how much does he make your offense go?
Speaker 15: He really makes it go. You can see this last series what he did because when he's touching it, when he's moving it forward, he's slugging. You know, he hasn't home in a while, but he did back home. But the doubles or the inside the park homer, I'm sorry, yeah, he had the inside the park Homer, but the doubles and the walks and then the stolen bases, and you know, guys just feed off of his energy. And if you look back at that last series against Andreels, again he did a good job of earning good counts.
Speaker 5: All Right, Dave, thanks a lot for the time. We're all excited for this series, but more excited about the way the Dodgers are starting to look like themselves again. Thanks a lot for the time and always great to catch up with you.
Speaker 15: Appreciate you, Dave, Talk to you next week.
Speaker 4: There he is the man.
Speaker 5: The manager's meeting with Dave Roberts, brought to you by Urgent Care Kit. Heading into summer without a medical emergency kid is a risk. Be ready with an Urgent care Kit. Say twenty five dollars at checkout with code blue at Urgentcarekit dot com slash blue.
Speaker 7: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 6: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV leading you up to first pitch Dodgers and Padres. Now that we heard from the manager, got his pregame thoughts thoughts going into this series? Is Dodger team winning five in a row. Let's dive deeper into this pitching matchup when we return.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Katson. Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Padres going at a game one of this three game set from Petco Park.
Speaker 4: First pitch coming up at six forty.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the din neck, we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Brought to you by your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 6: Michael King on the mound for the Padres three and two, two sixty three e r thirty year old the right hander. It is eighth season now in the Big league's five seas as a reliever, primarily with the Yankees. Then he came to the Padres and he's been a starter now in three seasons. Change up sinker sweeper, making his tenth start last time out four or five and two third innings, one run, six hits, five strikeouts and a no decision against Milwaukee. He's limiting opponents to a one EIGHTEAM batting average in the first time through the lineup, and the second time through they're hitting one seventy four. The third time through, though, they're hitting three fifty, so you got to wait him out. He's two to zero with the two eighty two EERRA and a one to eighty eight batting average against against the Dodgers, with four of his five previous outings against them coming in twenty twenty four, he did not face him at all last year.
Speaker 4: Yoshinobu Yamamoto goes.
Speaker 6: For the Dodgers three and three three sixty ERA twenty seven year old right handed third season with the Dodgers, making his ninth start last time out, six and the third innings five runs, six hits, three home runs, eight strikeouts on the.
Speaker 4: Loss of the Giants. Looking to bounce back.
Speaker 6: He faced the Padres four times in his career, one in two of a erra that is about three seventy five eighteen in the third innings, nineteen strikeouts. He picked up the win last time out last September when he went six straw solid innings. Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Michael King. The pitching matchup. Dodgers and the Padres were fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 4: Keys to the game are next.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the Blue All season long.
Speaker 4: Dodgers and Padre is getting ready.
Speaker 6: To square off first of three from Petco Park. Yoshinobu Yamamoto, Michael King. The pitching matchup. A half game separates them in the standings in the NL West. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo starts a great moments, start with Sapporo Beer. Whatever your taste preferences, Soporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including the light and non alcoholic beers. Sapporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Let's head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday, guys, just a few minutes away from.
Speaker 9: My King's first pitch of the series, the Dodgers and Padres kicking off a three game set. As the Dodgers continued this nine game road trip coming off a series sweep of the Angels, They've won.
Speaker 4: Five in a row.
Speaker 9: Moe, what will be the key to win a sixth game in a row?
Speaker 8: Well, I think for the Dodgers again, it's going to be a situation from an offensive standpoint, pick up the baseball early because King will change speeds. Good change up. Also the breaking stuff. Here's the other thing about Michael King. When he gets ahead and counts, it's an eighty three batting average against. The reason I bring that up because now we're going to move over to Yashinobu Yamamoto. It's trying to win us fourth of the season. When he's ahead and account it's a one thirty nine average, that's the good point. When he's behind in the count, that batting average against goes up to three twenty seven. So for tonight, don't fall behind, and everybody keeps waiting for Fernando to tist Junior to explode. Hopefully that's not going to happen. Over the next three nights.
Speaker 9: Here, Yoshinoba Yamamoto gonna try and snap a trend that he does not like tim and that's the fact that he has given up at least three earned runs in four straight starts for the first time in the major leagues. He will start tonight against the Padres. Looking forward to this one will join you in just a few moments.
Speaker 4: All right, bucko up, Dodger fans.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 6: Half game separates the Dodgers and Padres. Yoshinobu Yamamoto will.
Speaker 4: Go for the blue.
Speaker 6: Michael King takes the mountain next for the Padres.
Speaker 4: After the game is.
Speaker 6: Over, David Vesse has got your cover with all the postgame highlights.
Speaker 4: And of course Dodger talk as well.
Speaker 6: First Bitch from San Diego is next and joint. I'm Tim Katson. This at the Back to Back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network