Speaker 1: All right, on this Thursday, welcome on in, and there's a lot to get to, a lot happening in the world. Of course, there's a briefing going on at the White House. The Vice President is going to be there with Carolyn Levitt, the pr Secretary, Christy Nome, Homeland Cervic Security Director. She's holding court in Minnesota. And of course, the shooting in Minneapolis yesterday involving an ICE agent continues to be percolating nationally. Some say cold blooded murder, others say it with self defense. I guess at the end of it, at the end of it, it will be the courts that will ferret all of that out. We'll see how defined the law is and where that case winds up, if indeed goes to court. Because the mayor in Minneapolis and the governor of that state, in a rush to the cameras and microphones, seem to have polluted the water for a jury that could preside over that case here the case understand In the case, it seems to have polluted the water to a point where it might be impossible in the state of Minnesota. We'll see if it ever gets that far. Meanwhile, in South America, the adventures continue with Venezuela. Now, there has been a vote on the floor of the US Senate today that was a defeat for Donald Trump. This was a bill led by Democrat Senator and failed Vice president candidate Tim Kine from Virginia, and it got some Republicans the usual week need people like Murkowski and Collins Young from Indiana and surprisingly Josh Hawley. Basically that for a War Powers Act, if indeed this is a war in Venezuela, that you have to go to Congress and you have to state your case. Now it was.
Speaker 2: Only one vote.
Speaker 1: There's another vote that needs to take place on this and that will have to clear the sixty vote filibuster threshold before it. So right now, it passed today with these Democrat these Democrats being joined by a handful of Republicans, but it's going to take much more than that to get it into law. Anyway, we'll keep an eye on that and wonder again what exactly is up in Venezuela. You know, we had Joshua Philip on the show a couple of weeks ago, actually it was right before Christmas. I think we had Joshua on the show. He of course from the epic times and a terrific reporter and documentarian, and he said something that just shocked me. He said, yeah, eventually they're going to go in and either kill medor h get him out. And I We're like what. So he proved to be prescient on that. I'd like to get him back on today to just talk about what really is at stake at Venezuela and whether or not the public knows. And with that we welcome in the aforementioned Joshua Phillip. How are you on this glorious Thursday.
Speaker 3: Joshua, Yeah, doing well and the interesting start of the new.
Speaker 4: Year, right it is?
Speaker 1: But I mean you you called this, I mean I would have gone straight to Vegas. I fire were you if they were making a book on the heads on platters, you would have cleaned up. But I was shocked at the efficiency of taking Medora out. I thought he would might might have a little more protection from the people he was servicing. That would be, of course, the Cubans and the Chinese and whatnot, But apparently not. And now he's out down there. It would seem to be a little bit of chaos going on down in Venezuela right now, as to who's in charge.
Speaker 3: Who's in charge, it's not clear who's in charge right now. They do have a transition government. The Trump administration's putting that in place. Trump is saying the United States is going to be running the country for years, the name probably for years. They're saying that Venezuela has to give the United thirty to fifty million barrels of oil which would be sold at market price. The money for that will go back to Venezuela to help them in the transition, and we'll see. Part of the condition of them getting the oil industry backup is also that they have to push out China, Russia, Iran in Cuba. So, as I was saying last to Mozaan, I think that's the real context of this. This is about America restoring them in road doctrine and especially challenging and pushing out what the CCP is done in China, which is they basically replaced the United States throughout Latin America.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, as you point out in an article that I saw today, what's happening in Venezuela, it's about the intersection of energy, wealth, transnational crime, ideological struggle, and a global power reordering. That has put Venezuela into the center of a new great power contest, which would be between the United States and China as the major players. Russia always lurking in the background, as is Iran. So there's a lot more at stake than just the oil that's in the ground, although that becomes the precious commodity that I think everybody is interested in. But this not only addresses, as you say them on road doctrine, but also addresses a lot of other things besides let's just get oil out of the ground and get the American oil companies back in there running the show. This is This is probably one of the major fulcrums that I can remember for geopolitical struggle in my lifetime. And I think I'm a hell of a lot older than you. This is extremely complex, is it not.
Speaker 3: It's very complex, And you know, to your point you were mentioning Congress voting on this, the Senate passing abil at least there's one level of it. You know. I don't think they're going to pass the filibuster on it, but I can say I think the Trumpet administration could do a lot better explaining why this is necessary, why they're doing something so drastic, because you know, guys like guys like me. I researched this stuff, and I can see the importance of it. I can understand the reason for it. But they're not really saying that. If you were to ask me, if I were to go and testify, and I were to go and make a point, this is what I'd say. I'd say they probably avoided World War three by by taking out Maduro, the United States Trump. They probably just avoided World War three.
Speaker 1: In what sense?
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 1: Just tell me how. I'm sure you're going to explain anyway, But how did they do that? Was Venezuela that much of a point of contention with these other countries?
Speaker 3: So this happened just a couple months after Madua was planning to invade Guyana just north.
Speaker 4: Of just north of them.
Speaker 3: Well, I was actually down in Panama investigating the border crisis a couple of years back, and you know, I went down to the Darien Gap, and so I was talking experts down there and they told me this too. They said, yeah, Venezuela is going to invade gonna invade Guyana. Brazil is going to work with them, This is going to start a regional war, and it's going to cause a massive, massive migrant influx to the United States. You would have had Colombians, you would have had Brazilians, you would have had you know, Venezuelan's, you would have had, you know, people from the gun Is, a smaller country have been less of an issue, but you would have had a massive migrant inflow. It would have been like Syria and the migrant inflow they had into Western Europe when Winisad was falling. It would have been like that. And not only that, but I say global war. This is why, first of all, America would have intervened because we have you know, we have oil rights in Guyana eggs On is there offshore oil, one of the largest oil reserves in the world. Maduro claimed he had historical ownership of that entire region. And even though the international courts that he does not passed in his own laws saying they have the right to go in and take it, they were right about to do that. And when I talk about the global implication, this is why I say world War three. The Chinese Communist Party has a public war plan. It's from the Shiji Team's one of his main advisors, a guy named chim Can Rong and they said that if China is going to invade Taiwan, they need to get America busy with three other wars before they do it. In other words, they have to get America fighting four wars. This was before Russian off stuff. But they said they needed a war with Russia, they needed a war in the Middle East, and they needed a war in Latin America. They wanted Brazil to actually start a war and Lulu was around the first time. And then if Brazil gets involded this that would have been it. Then you have Iran trying to rebuild not nuclear weapons now they're working on biological and chemical weapons now because the new cryptility is at blown up, and then Russia is not getting off and not getting off the ship with its war either. That would have been our three wars, and then China would invade the Taiwan. We would be in World War three. That then, had that happened.
Speaker 2: Wow wow.
Speaker 1: Trump. Trump is clumsy and a lot of the things he does and explaining things is as you mentioned, just a moment. Ago is not one of his strong suits. Trump is also somebody who's not a conventional politician. Is it beyond the realm of possibility that he could in essence run or we could, I guess would be a better way. We could run Venezuela for the next for three or four years or whatever it may be, and use the commodities that are there to in essence do business with China, do business with Russia, and use a business model to cure all of these conflicts that are popping up. I'm just wondering if the endgame for Trump would be a little bit different than the normal president in a situation like this, What do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, on the legal front, right, just just strictly legal side, infrastructure everything. This is not much different from what George Bush was doing in a rock, right, Hallie Pallidburton was there doing doing the.
Speaker 4: Oil mining and so on, or oil excellence.
Speaker 3: We took the royal industry. They made a lot of money off it, and you know, of course things didn't work us so well. The main difference was is a lot of that was because we're finding a terror as a morient insurgency. You're not going to have that in Venezuela. You're not going to have you know, people becoming radicalized and so on in Venezuela, like the crime they have is all just money. It's money motivated, it's not ideological and motivated.
Speaker 1: We're not going to have that.
Speaker 3: But what I think will happen is this so part of the new defense strategy put out by the United States, the whole you know, going forward, what we're going to be doing as a country. A big part of it is about the restoration of the neuro doctrine, not only re establishing American order throughout the Americas, also pushing out China, pushing out Russia, pushing out Iran and Hezbela, eliminating the Cuban intelligence networks that have actually penetrated a lot of a drug trade and also are puppeteering a lot of the government. Maduro was surrounded by Cuban intel officials for example, they killed a lot of them when they went in there. But also big programs to do nation building and we are going to be building infrastructure, new industries, factors throughout Latin America. That is part of the state of agenda. I believe that Venezuela was the key piece that was needed for this, and the reason was Venezuela was the one that worked with Cuba to push the Nice States out in the first place. If you're going to bring back them. In Roae doctrine, it starts in Venezuela.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cuba's I guess Maduro wanted out after Trump was re elected and Cuba said, no, you're basically our puppet. You stay there. What do you make of What do you make?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What do you make of Colombia? I mean that country has done a one to eighty, it seems like, in the last twenty four hours. And now all of a sudden, the president of that company a country is coming to Washington, d c. To visit with Trump after he called Trump every name of the book except an American. I'm just wondering what do you make of that? And is that like a precursor of the way things will go now in South America? Everybody will be quick to try and make a deal, maybe even Mexico to avoid what happened to Maduro. Maduro, as you mentioned, was surrounded by these Cuban bodyguards, and the United States cook the whole thing out in like an hour. I'm wondering what you make now of what's falling into place in the wake of this.
Speaker 3: My take is this Trump is going in there because people were questioning, well, Trump is why are we giving all this money to bail out Argentina right now? Why are we bailing our Argentina's economy. Why are we working with al Salvador right now? Why are we doing regime change in Venezuela right now? Why is Trump meeting with Petro from Columbia right now? Why did Trump pardon this drug trafficker leader at which country was just recently? Why would he do that?
Speaker 4: If you thought about drugs?
Speaker 3: This is the reason they're all like that. All of Latin American politics is influenced in some way by the drug drain. You know, if you're not, they kill you, You get assassinated, you know what I mean. It's the way the region work. Is the unfortunate reality. And so I think what Trump is offering them is this, look, America is going to go in. We're going to kill the cartels, We're going to blow up the drug boats. We're going to go and destroy the processing facilities for drugs. Yes in Mexico probably, yes, in Columbia. Trump says, they're already over targeted. That's what's going to happen. What does that mean, for those countries, that's a huge part of their economy. A lot of Latin America is underworld economy. They're focused on human trafficking, they're focused on drugs, and they're focused on crimes. So what you need is this. So these leaders are being told your economy is dead. You have no future. Whether we scoop you up and fly you to New York or whether you stay there, you have no future. And so this is what you can do. Come here. We know you're a drug trafficker, we know you work with the cartels, but that industry is over, and now's your chance to build a new industry for your country. We'll work with you, we'll forgive your past, and that's it. And I think that's going to be what Trump offers to Petri when he brings him up.
Speaker 1: Which brings us back to the conversation we had a few minutes ago about this vote on the Senate floor today and ultimately it will have to be voted on again to get to the sixty vote threshold which would then put it into law. You said earlier, you think that it will this this whole thing that Cain and I guess it was ran Paul that they floated this this curving of the War Powers Act the president has and you have to go before Congress and all that. I think you said you don't anticipate it to get to the sixty vote threshold that the people that defected from the Republican Party again, Paul from Kentucky, Murkowski from Alaska, Susan Collins from Maine, Todd Young from Indiana, and Josh Hawley from Missouri, do you think that that And I know we're jumping back into American politics here, but do you think that do you think that gets to this sixty vote threshold? I think I heard you say a few minutes ago, don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think they'd reach it if they were to have it, like on that same threshold right now, if they were to have it right now, they wouldn't have got it. But I think I think the Trump administration needs to be better explaining itself and.
Speaker 1: The ground thing, the boots on the ground thing apparently was an issue for Hawley. He's still saying, well, the American that the president the administration is is not denying that, which I think would be a non starter for a lot of the people that support the president on this that seems to be a sticking point for Hawley, Collins and Murkowski a week need to begin with. So I'm just I can't see them getting any more votes than what they got today. And if that's the case, then this thing dies and then Trump can go in and do what you said he probably will do.
Speaker 2: Would would be goin.
Speaker 3: And knock out the cartels, And I think that's what he is going to do. You know, the other side of what you're watching is just through normal battles. And this is the funny reality that a lot of nobody's talking about. The overthrow of Maduro was a bipartisan policy during the during the Biden administration, that this was not a divisive issue. Democrats wanted it. The Biden administration put a twenty five million dollar price on Maduro's head. They had a twenty five million dollar boundary are for Maduro. Some of the last statements the Biden administration had on Maduro was that he was not the official leader of the country, that he had stolen power, that he was the leader of the car tell the stuns, that he was a terrorist, and they were saying they were going to do regime change. The Biden administration was talking about doing regime change in Venezuela, and so I think there's a lot of people doing false outrage just to put on a part of him show with this, I don't think it would actually hold up, because I think deep down the amber they all remember this.
Speaker 1: Joshua Philip. You can find him on the Epic Times television show. He is the host of Crossroads and among his documentaries, the Final War of the one hundred year Plot to defeat America. All worth seeing, all worth watching, and all worth listening to. Joshua. We appreciate your time here today and we'll visit down the road.
Speaker 4: Thanks and great pleasure.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Good insight as to what is going on south of the border. Ain't all about oil or blowing up boats. It's twelve twenty seven. It's the averaging American in for the Great American on this Thursday. News Radio seven hundred WLW Welcome back, seven hundred WLW. It's the average American in for the Great American on this Thursday. A lot to get to, certainly the events in Minneapolis yesterday commanding a lot of our attention. One oh six will be joined by Michael Lentz of investusa dot org, and we're going to get into the discussion that dilemma. Was this is a cold blooded murder or was it a woman who was attacking Ice police with her car and the vehicle in essence became a lethal weapon. And one of these elected officials up in Minneapolis and in the state of Minnesota, and they're inflamed rhetoric that might have led to something like this. You know, there's an easy way for ICE to go in and get someone who is in this country illegally or who has caused some sort of harm, broken some sort of law in this country, and that is for the local authorities to arrest that person, detain that person, and then ICE can go in and extract that person and hold them to federal charges. But no, Minnesota does not want that. It's a sanctuary state. Minneapolis is a sanctuary city, and it's run by a governor and a mayor who have done nothing to cooperate in what appears to be nothing more than a federal police operation. And we can get into immigration and how it should be enforced in all of that. If you're looking to track down a criminal in this unprey, someone who has done harm to anybody else that might be living in your state, anybody else that might have done something somewhere else in this country. You would think all of these law organizations could get along and work together, but you have mayors and you have governors that don't want that. And so I think what happened yesterday should come as no surprise to anyone, tragic as it may seem. So we're going to try and get to the whys and the wherefores that happened and the responsible response from a federal agent in a situation like that, and if that was something that occurred. So that's coming up at one o six. Much more to get to as well. We're going to talk about health again. The health chart got turned on top of its head yesterday. Make America healthy again. Well, okay, that thing has gone through several changes over the last five or six decades, But see if this new one works. By the way, the Miami Dolphins fired their head coach this morning. Mike McDonald is out. It seemed he would be retained for yet another year, but Miami has hired. I don't know how this is going to work. I mean, well, we'll see. There seems to be a blurry line here. But Troy Aikman has been hired to help them in their search for a new general manager, and one would think that would cascade down to a new coach, And yet Troy Aikman remains on the air broadcasting games, kind of what Tom Brady is doing. He literally works for the Las Vegas Raiders and he's still calling games on television. But objectivity aside, Mike McDonald is out, and that now I'm sorry, mirke McDaniel is out, and that now opens up eight head coaching positions, and my guess is John Harbaugh and Kevin Stefanski are going to feast on the opportunities. Here's something that'll turn your head over. Fifty six percent of gen Zers are turning to TikTok for medical advice. New survey. One thousand gen Zers say that, yeah, I will go to TikTok if something's wrong with us, because on there is sound medical advice. I don't see a dr before TikTok's name. But nevertheless, one in three of these gen Zers say TikTok is their main source for health information. Fifty six percent say they are using TikTok for health advice instead of a doctor. This can't possibly have a good ending. Standing by to join the conversation is Lee Richardson. She runs the Brain Institute. She suffered a traumatic brain injury earlier in her life, and she has dedicated all of her life since to understanding and helping those who have experienced some sort of a brain injury. So let's welcome Lee Richardson into the conversation. Lee, how are you on this glorious Thursday.
Speaker 5: I'm doing very well. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: I used to call you Lee, but now I call you doctor because I think anybody that put that much work into getting a doctorate deserves to be called doctor. Does that make sense?
Speaker 5: Well, thank you so much for that recognition.
Speaker 1: Well, good for you, and good for the folks that taught you. Look, I saw this, and there are a lot of reasons to not like social media. This is just added to the list, and it may go to the top of the list. Is that increasingly, more and more, particularly younger people are turning to places like TikTok to figure out what might be wrong with them from a mental state. And I'm thinking to myself, well, yeah, there probably is something wrong with you mentally. If you're getting advice on TikTok, this has got to be concerning to a professional like you.
Speaker 5: Absolutely and TikTok. Whether it's TikTok or Instagram or Facebook, it's so easy. Social media penetrates so many lines, and for many people it's their first stop for mental or health.
Speaker 1: And mental health, nobody wants to hear bad news, no matter what it is, but when it comes to your health, you don't really want to hear bad news. And I think most people know that there's something wrong with them and so I mean physically wrong with them before they even go to see a doctor. You can feel it. You just know, and I would guess from a mental outlook that you would know too that maybe something isn't quite right. So to avoid going to a doctor, you probably turn to other means. It's a quick fixed mentality. That's the way to find out what's wrong with you without actually having a human being tell you there's something there's wrong with you. Does that make sense?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean this is when you think about it. When the World Health Organization declares that we are in a state and phodemic, there's just too much information. It's false, it's misleading. It makes its cross as confusion. It causes people who take risky behavior, and these things can can harm you. But we have to stop and recognize that we've now kids are taught how to use AI in school, and we're coming out of the aftermath of the pandemic or that for many people during the pandemic, all they had was social media, and so I think that that has kind of about made it more valid in our heads. Oh, I've used it for years and sometimes perhaps you do get some good information, but I think it's people will just slow down. You know, you put something in there, and you go to social media and you see it, and instead of automatically reacting to it, they ask yourself, is that right? I mean, it's really easy go to Google skull and put a question in and it'll find research that will support it. And if you can't find anything that supports it, you know. I think another big issue can is you know, we always find what we're looking for, we do, and if we're looking for something to support what we already believe, that's called a confirmation bias. Of course we're going to run with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean I refer to that as people want affirmation. They don't necessarily want information, and so if you can go somewhere that affirms what you think or what you've heard, that's exactly right. But I just I guess the thing that concerned me the most is if you think you have something wrong with you, you probably do. And Emily on TikTok or you know, Bob on TikTok is not going to be able to help you through what's wrong with you. A licensed professional also known as a doctor is going to help you through.
Speaker 2: Through with it. Am I right?
Speaker 5: You are right? And anytime I hear a one size fits all, now it doesn't. There's not a one size because everybody reacts to what's going on to their life differently. The genetics come into play, stress comes into play. So anytime I hear one size fits all, I start backing up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, There's so many things I want to get to with you today, but that in particular, and I think the headline that we've just been talking about is, you know, go see somebody. If you can't afford to go see somebody, there are ways that you can get medical help and they'll work with you. But the other thing that struck me here too, is that the amount of stress, the amount of mental health concerns that are going on, particularly on the job, have risen dramatically here according to this report I see from compsych I don't know compsyke, you probably know it. What mental health leave is up three hundred percent in a very recent time period. What's going on with mental health leave at work? Why is work so stressful today, maybe than what it was even five years ago.
Speaker 5: Well, I think a big part of it is is there's no psychological safety at work. People you know, they're either being forced to come back to the office and that they liked working from home and they felt safe in their home. They didn't have to deal with traffic, they didn't have to deal with a running errant after work, and really they don't feel safe at work. They feel like that and part of that. One out of five of us can is suffering from either anxiety or depression, and sometimes both. So I think that when we're stressed out, we were in an overreactive mode. We react to everything instead of hitting the pause button and thinking it through. And I think that there is help for people. But if your manager or your supervisor, you know, struggles with anxiety or depression, you don't feel comfortable going with the that person, and if you're the manager or the supervisor. And I saw a survey that MAMMY, the National Alliance of Mental Illness, put out, and they said forty two percent of the managers knew that their workers needed help with mental health, but they didn't know how to do it. And as an organization that something, employee well being is something that's got to be factored in to their strategy.
Speaker 1: One out of go back to your beginning of your answer, one out of five people, that's twenty percent are suffering from anxiety or stress. It's a significant number. Has it always Has it always been that way? Or nobody paid attention to it because because my guess is is that the stresses that this current group, let's just say, from millennials younger, that they're experiencing, My guess is those same stressors existed for people that are boomers or whatever the next group was. It had to have been there in the past.
Speaker 2: Did we just ignore it them?
Speaker 5: Well, I think that we did ignore it to some degree because we were too ashamed to talk about it. The stigma associated was huge and Kim, when I first started working in the brain World back in two thousand and five, and I state myself here, But we used to talk about mental health and I would say, oh, since you've got some depression.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no.
Speaker 5: I'm fine, and I was. In two thousand and nine when I opened the Brain Performance Center, I decided I'm not using that language anymore. I'm not talking mental health because it's lonely, nobody wants to talk about it. And I switched my language to brain health. And I got a lot more conversation out of that because that and put it into context of the brain is an organ, just like your heart. And if we think there's something wrong with our heart, it doesn't take more than a day to get an appointment with a cardiologist. But if we wake up, you know, we just feel too overwhelmed to go to work, or it's just too fatigue. We don't think, oh my brain, it's an organ, it needs care. We just have nasty conversations with ourselves. Come on, man power through, suck it up, buttercup, And that is not We're not reacting in the right way. And brain health has evolved in my mind. In twenty twenty one, when I opened the Brain Performance Institute, I started talking about brain capital because the biggest assets any of us have, it's our brain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, No, you're absolutely right. And the whole study of a whole mental health. Funding for study of mental health has been just horrific by this, by this, not anyone administration. It's gone on for decades where there have been cutbacks in it, and I just think we need more. We need more money for more research to help more people. But I I don't, I don't sinse there's a flavor for that. And I think largely because of what you just said, there was a stigma involved if you if you said to someone an employee, er, or a spouse or a friend, look, i'm having trouble dealing with this. You're right, it was sucking up buttercup for a while. And I think it's been overlooked from a financial standpoint and also from as from just an empathy standpoint. Over the court, it's it's going back into the eighties as far as as far back as I can remember. It's gone on since then, Well.
Speaker 5: It has, and I think the reason it has is because we have not connected the brain. Oh that's my brain, Oh that's my body. Well it's one unit. Go to the American Heart Association and see what if the feeder for strokes and heart attacks anxiety, And you know, we've got to start making the connection that whatever is going on in your brain, your body is keeping score. And if you think about the expense of what heart attack costs an organization for insurance and what it might cost for some counseling or some coaching or some from neural feedback or vital feedback, it's a pretty drastic difference in the cost. So I think that if we as a society start to own that brain health is just as important as fiscal health, and that if we want to take care of our workforce and gen zs and millenials, they're the most open to this, and they're the biggest part of our workforce, the biggest percentage.
Speaker 1: Right, they're taking care of you now, they're taking care of you and me in our old age. We got to take care of that. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, she is the author of the book Turn Your Brain On to Get Your Game on, the How What Why to peak performance? Doctor Lee Richardson, It's always great having you on. You stay well. We need to hear your voice. Okay, thank you and you you over there. Don't go to TikTok for medical advice. The Internet remains what it's been for a very long time. It is the land of the unwashed, and so many things out it or wrong. Seven hundred WLW, All right, welcome back, seven hundred WLW. It is the average American and for the great American on this Thursday in calendar year twenty twenty six, and we thank you for listening. However you're listening, whether it be by this tremendous medium of terrestrial radio or through the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Welcome on. End.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, of course, there was a confrontation between ICE agents in Minneapolis and a woman who was either an operative for a group on the left or some innocent bystander or someone that was there as a legal observer. The facts in this one will come out certainly in court. The administration is digging in and supporting this ICE agent who shot and killed a woman by the name of Renee Nicole Good, who, from at least the video that's out there right now, appears to have been using her vehicle as a weapon to run down an ICE agent. Now, the texture on all of this is that apparently Renee. Nicole Good spent most of yesterday before she was shot and killed trying to haras ICE agents, and apparently when she was asked to get out of the vehicle, she refused, backed up and ran straight into an ICE agent using her car. If you will, as a point of attack against a police officer, here's rule number one. Whatever a police officer, whether he be a local cop, a state police officer, a federal police officer, whomever it may be, when they tell you to stop, stop at that point, he controls the situation. You do not, and bad things can in In the case yesterday did happen. And of course it's unleased riding in the streets or at least a portion of the streets in Minneapolis, and ICE isn't going anywhere. They're not leaving Minnesota. In fact, it sounds like the President may be willing to send more ICE agents up there to extract immigrants that are in here into this country illegally and get them out. Immigrants that have in some way shape form, have committed crimes of some sort, either in this country or outside this country. This is a story that has not changed very much. It reached an unfortunate ending and a very tragic ending for one person yesterday in Minneapolis. Standing by the way in on all of this is a guy that does great work for police organizations all around the country, raising money so that each and every police officer everywhere, regardless of the size of the city, town, or the burg, can have a bulletproof vest. And yesterday, yesterday, yesterday, it would appear that these agents up in Minnesota were just simply trying to do their job and got into some sort of confrontation with someone who was trying, in their opinion, to do them harm. I speak of Michael Wetts from Investusa dot orgon Michael, thank you for joining us again and how are you on this.
Speaker 4: Glory day again. It's always a friarly to be with you. We thank you for the opportunity, and.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's an awful lot going on. It's a interesting in you what you were describing, you're very accurately. Can What's interesting is we have developed an attitude by the liberal left that are propagating this with their elected officials. The law enforcement doesn't matter anymore, that you don't have to show them any difference or any respect.
Speaker 4: You decide whether if.
Speaker 6: You're giving a lawful order to step out of the car or roll down the wind.
Speaker 4: You make the decision as to whether you want to buy it by that or not.
Speaker 6: And for some reason we think that we can now do that and there're not be any consequences.
Speaker 4: The problem with that kin is this, we.
Speaker 6: Have now degenerated to the position that people can make their own decision as to whether to abide by or uphole a particular order give it. We have gotten into anarchy. That's where we're at in this country. Then, because ned no words lag in order exists, that's still where no country wants to be. So let's put it where it is. I mean, it was a tragic death, but she had been given a lawful order. If she doesn't like the order, if you thinks it's wrong, that's what we have a judicial system for.
Speaker 4: Ole baby order.
Speaker 6: Would you get the court tell hey, this idiot told me to do this, and this is why it's the idiotic thing. The court agrees the officer will be disciplined at that time, but don't decide to.
Speaker 4: Take the matters in your own hands and you start deciding, because look at where that gets us. Kids.
Speaker 6: Now, each one of us to go there to decide what we would believe is and it is.
Speaker 4: Not an appropriate law.
Speaker 6: I don't like the seventy speed to them, and I think ninety sounds pretty good to me.
Speaker 4: So if I now justify it, it's just running down the road because I don't think I agree with.
Speaker 6: The seventy speed limit the law. That's where we're a headched and that's what they want us to do. Why do they want us to do? We like that because they want to destroy.
Speaker 4: Law and order.
Speaker 6: They wanted to make it the last thing that they're able to take down. Because once you remove law and order, crime then goes to the roof. Then the government steps in and says, hey, Wilson, I've already said this, we'll step in and solve it. So those crazy guns that are causing crime, not the person behind the.
Speaker 4: Gun, it's the gun. So we're just gonna go confiscate them all.
Speaker 6: Once they've confiscated the gut skin, then what defense do you have to do anything that they tell you not to do, anything they take you to do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. You had a governor in that state that had been fanning the flames against the administration. He ran against Trump and lost, and so he's been fanning the flames with rhetoric ever since. You have a mayor in Minnesota that, like the governor, is under scrutiny now for alleged multi billion dollar fraud that's been going on with with medicaid in that country. And so when this happened yesterday, rather than trying to cool the temperature and bring everybody down there was that you couldn't find a Democrat yesterday that couldn't find a television camera to give their take on something they had no facts on. And the governor rather than trying to cool the situation, the mayor, rather than trying to cool the situation, both resort to inflammatory language, vulgarity in the case of the mayor, and did nothing to try and bring the temperature down in that city and just let people like the local police, whom I have been neutered from what I can tell, in Minneapolis and the Feds have sort this thing out and let them get victim from perpetrator, let them get everybody. Instead, we got a mob again in Minneapolis, and now up there the mayor and the governor are more than happy to change the narrative away from their medicaid fraud that they have allegedly been involved in into this rhetoric against what happened yesterday and again today we saw another mob gather. Nobody is saying cool it right now, and that leads to another that will invariably lead to another inflammatory situation.
Speaker 4: Will it not, Ohn, You definitely will, There's no question. You know. What I find interest in Ken is usually those.
Speaker 6: Politicians that are trying to incite or trying to say, you know, law enforcement needs to get out of here.
Speaker 4: There's the reason why they are doing that.
Speaker 6: They don't want law enforcement looking at them because of what they've.
Speaker 4: Been involved with. And that's what we're finding out.
Speaker 6: The people that are hollered the loudest are the ones that are in an investigation, and that's where we need to understand this. I make one other point Ken, I think is very relevant. Let's talk about law enforcement officers in general. These are the guys that at Dine and eleven you saw rushing into the building.
Speaker 4: They knew they weren't coming out. That's the kind of attitude that most of our cops have, almost all of our cops have across the country. They want to serve, they want to protect.
Speaker 6: We can't give some deference to that and give them respect and credibility for their willingness to lay their lives on the line and say, look, we're going to give you some different and allow the facts to come out before we automatically jump on you on a side, think you should be canned, kick spring, you know, thrown to the curb.
Speaker 4: We seem to have lost that ken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I it is that way, unfortunately, And I think there are people at work in this in this country that that drive money to professional agitators that just come out of the woodwork with professionally made signs at every turn. Look, okay, explain to us, if you would, from a policeman's point of view, what constitutes deadly force against a police officer. Some people are saying, well, it was a car and she was trying to tell the officer to move.
Speaker 2: The officer was one of.
Speaker 1: Three or four I think that were up there, and she was trying to tell the officer that was in front of her to move. She backs the car up and then begins going forward with the car. At what point then, would an officer can would he consider that moving vehicle? Would he consider that a weapon of deadly force.
Speaker 6: All right, well, let's take this instant less those analyze it real quickly here. First of all, that officer has occurred to him before. He months ago and he was dragged and injured.
Speaker 4: By a vehicle. Okay, so he has history with how this works. Second of all, when you.
Speaker 6: Have a vehicle approaching you and you believe they have ill intent.
Speaker 4: I believe their intent is to harm, you have a duty.
Speaker 6: To not just protect yourself, but to protect your fellow officers and every citizen that's around. You say, well, if he'd let's just assume he'd have been run over, Well, who else would she have been able to damage? You know, this is a split second decision, folks. He doesn't have the time to tell a woman stop for a minute. Can I turn around to make sure that if you get by.
Speaker 4: You're not going to harm anybody else, and you're clear to go. He made an aggressive move.
Speaker 6: He realized that he had an obligation to protect his fellow officers.
Speaker 4: You know, I tell people this, what if.
Speaker 6: There'd have been a child there behind her and he did decide I'm just going to jump out of the way. She had to run over a child? What would we be saying then about the officer, You didn't do your job? Why did you allow that to happen?
Speaker 4: So it's a split second decision.
Speaker 6: He's authorized to use lethal force if he feels.
Speaker 4: That his life is a jeopardy.
Speaker 6: You know, when a car hits you and runs over you could do an awful lot of damage, including killing you. Your life is in jeopardy, and so she was attempting to do that. She was attempted, there's no question when you look at.
Speaker 4: The video, to run him over.
Speaker 6: Now in her mind, she made him saying, I'm just going to running so hard that.
Speaker 4: He forces gets pushed out of the way.
Speaker 6: I don't know, we don't know what she was thinking, but she definitely gave the clue that she was intending to use her vehicle to cause damage or harm to that officer and anybody else that happened to be in her way, and so he had.
Speaker 4: To use force.
Speaker 6: He was authorized to use lethal force if necessary. Here's what we define my lethal force.
Speaker 4: You're to a eliminated What we read by eliminate is.
Speaker 6: Eliminate the threat, not necessarily kill the person, but make sure that the threat is no longer there.
Speaker 4: In this particular incident. It was such a split.
Speaker 6: Second reaction that he had a chance to just fire up a few rounds and he won of them.
Speaker 4: Truck him was deadly. What idiot do we lose?
Speaker 1: Michael? There he is, I think you just dropped You just dropped off for a second, Michael. Look it goes back to what I said when a police officer says stop, you stop, because if exactly right, that guy doesn't get out of bed in the morning and he says, you know what, I'm going to go out and tell a bunch of people to stop. I'm not going to go out in the morning and look for somebody to shoot and kill. Nobody does that exactly. I don't think anybody. Well, there are people in this world that would would probably do that, but I can't believe any cop would do that. Cop wants to do one thing.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Cop wants to get up in the morning, he wants to go to work, do the best job he can possibly do, and go home to his family at night. That's all any cop wants to do. So I think I think we need to establish that as as a barometer. Now Minnesota is now Minnesota, I guess Minneapolis, but in the sense the state of Minnesota is going to try and handle the investigation into this, and they want to have jurisdiction over what happened. That'll be a urinate match between the FEDS and the local government there. I think the governor and the mayor did a great disservice to their community because whether or not this guy winds up in a court of law, most probably will the agent that did the shooting. They've polluted the jury pool. There's not a damned jury they're going to be able to get to sit on a jury that hasn't heard about this or formed an opinion about it right now, and they know where their governor and their mayor stands on this thing. So if this does go to trial, I wouldn't be surprised if it's moved out of the state of Minnesota.
Speaker 6: Would you what has to be moved out of the state that's going to have any kind of similars of justice.
Speaker 4: But here's the only I want to remind our listeners again.
Speaker 6: Is just what you'll you had an officer got up, I'm going to go do my job.
Speaker 4: What is my job?
Speaker 2: Job?
Speaker 6: Is to arrest illegal lefrens here who have a criminal record. Why anybody would want to leave a murder or a rapist out on the street to harm other people.
Speaker 4: Is beyond me. I mean, that's sadistic. Nobody should want to do that.
Speaker 6: So I'm going out to do my job a counter a split second decision. It appears to me she's not only meaning me harm, but possibly anybody else that happens to be standing behind me.
Speaker 4: That I can't see.
Speaker 6: So I'm having to draw quickly and make a decision. Unfortunately she made that decision. She could have obeyed a lawful order prior to that, put it in park and gotten out like she was instructed to do. Now, you want to try to ruin this cops life by trying to have a political decision by the governor the marriage center to get some kind of worked up Frenzy, to bring an indictment to bankrupt him having to defend himself, and to possibly take him away from his family and put.
Speaker 4: Him in prison. That's a sad cry.
Speaker 2: Well, it is, it is, and justice will always prevail, I think, But it is sad, and I do think that both Fry I guess he's the mayor and the governor.
Speaker 1: We're looking for anything to spend a narrative away from you know, what's going on up there with regards to medicaid fraud. I mean, it's at the end of it all, it is politics. A woman is dead, an ice agent is in some sort of trouble because of it, we'll see, and it polarizes the community even more. But nevertheless, Michael, let's invest USA dot org.
Speaker 2: I'm on your website right now.
Speaker 1: People can donate anything, any amount of money, so that all police officers have bulletproof vests. And you've done some really good work. You've been at this for over thirty years and you've bought a lot. How many vests actually have been purchased so far through your website.
Speaker 4: Well, the last count was over seventeen thousand.
Speaker 1: It's phenomenal. Over seven dollars dollars.
Speaker 4: Ways to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do, you do.
Speaker 4: But I'll tell you here's a great thing. Man. Cops now know that you and I support them.
Speaker 6: Before they were having a gout doing job, not knowing where the public stand. Now we give them away for the public to support him where our law we're told us to.
Speaker 4: Realize that it makes a huge difference in their life.
Speaker 1: And you can donate on the website. It's anything. You got a buck, it's a buck. If you got a thousand, it's a thousand to take anything. All right, Michael, let's great insight here. Stay well again. It's invest USA dot org is where you can find Michael and the various things that he does. It's it's a wide ranging thing that he does, not for just cops, but for kids and things like that. All right, Michael, you and I will visit down the road. Until then, stay well.
Speaker 6: Okay, God bless God bless America can keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 4: In America needs you now more than ever.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Michael. Yeah, yeah, it's what Unfortunately, the politics are involved. The rhetoric has just been I think atrocious. Leaving aside the fact that a woman lost her life, whether she was at fault or not, whether the cop was at fault or not, that'll all be ferreted out by the time it gets through the legal system. Somebody lost their lives, somebody's life could be ruined because of it, or he could just be found doing his job and enforcing the law. But the rhetoric is just it is absolutely nauseating, and I do think that all of these people, and they're mostly Democrats, just seized on the moment to change the narrative, not knowing what the facts were in this case, but get the hell all of that medicaid fraud off the front page. And I think that that's playing into the political rhetoric that's going on in Minneapolis right now, losing sight of the fact of somebody's dead and somebody is certainly going to face a very long legal battle for doing it. We're at one twenty five on this Thursday in January right here in Cincinnati on seven hundred W L W.
Speaker 4: Palmer on second down as he drops to throw and looking long right side, got Chris.
Speaker 7: Henry outside inside the third and take it down inside the Steelers twenty five yard.
Speaker 4: Line by Troy Palmelo.
Speaker 6: And you have Carson Palmer is down.
Speaker 2: Carson Palmer was wriggling around chemov on all Hoffman put the hit on Carson Palmer. Hello, hello, quiet, and I'm just gonna come broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Zeguy was there on that infamous night and Chris Henry was hurt on the same play. That's true, You're right, seg That was a play that changed the course of bengled m for twenty years, that's for sure, can Brew. There were other high notes after that. They made the playoffs, I believe in twenty oh nine played the Jets and or whatever it was. But I mean it just I think Carson Palmer on that night kind of found out that, you know, maybe this may not be the place for me. That's true. And it went went downhill from there, did it well?
Speaker 2: Yeah I did.
Speaker 1: He did a great job coming back from that injury. You remember that he but that was the night said that. I think Carson said to himself, you know, I'm not sure about things here, Ken.
Speaker 2: Brewthe as Dot Reporter, as a proud service of your local Tame Star heating and air conditioning dealers, tame Star quality you could feel.
Speaker 1: In Cincinnati called.
Speaker 2: Sheldon Braun a Shelley Braun Heating in five one, three, three, eight, five seventy seven, sixty five spot and his family calls him Shelley. I don't think so you never know, I mean, that's true, You're right. I mean maybe as close friends do, well, maybe they do, you know, like you right, A lot of people call me Shelley. Ron's Roost Restaurant and Bar, the world greatest fried chicken it's clucking good over there on a good old west side of thirty eight to fifty three Race Road. Did I hear they had a fire or something? Yeah, last week, but everything's okay. Well, what happened somebody discarded a cigarette as they were walking out of the place in the carry out area and outside the building, and it fell into an open space.
Speaker 1: And they caught they caught it, so thank god.
Speaker 2: You know what, the you know what the moral that story is said, don't smoke bingo uh five four two two two. Ron himself and his uh son, Ron Junior brought down our lunch today.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 2: Now we got the Reds update. Two Reds have avoided arbitration this afternoon.
Speaker 1: That was what we were on our knees praying for.
Speaker 2: Gavin lux settles for five point five two five million how much five point five two five million wow? And Spencer Steer four million Wow. So no arbitration for those two. So Spencer Steer is worth less than Gavin Lucks. I guess that's what they're saying. Man. I'll tell you what collection of stars there in that team right now. Former Red Red's pitcher Michael Lorenzen has signed with the Colorado Rockies.
Speaker 1: That dude's made a lot of money since he left this place.
Speaker 2: You ain't a kidding. Another team that can't close things out there, ken Brew. Last night was Xavier. They fell to Marquette by a point in Milwaukee, and x was trailing early on. I think I saw something on twenty six to nothing early on in the game, and then by thirteen in the second half, they stormed back, took the lead with two minutes to go, and failed to score the rest of the way. Also, Big Blue Nation not happy this morning or today. Missouri upset Kentucky seventy three sixty nine. Wild Kas lose their first SEC opener since twenty thirteen, and they were booing at Barina last night. You know you.
Speaker 1: I monitored this station twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 4: You know this.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Have you ever heard of a guy named Lance McAllister?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay, so I heard Lance say this, or maybe it was on his Twitter feed or whatever he said. Wouldn't ESPN be wise to do a thirty for thirty on the state of Cincinnati sports? That would probably a psychiatrist. Well, I'm just telling you long ago, you're right to a show when we used to cleure out the consoles and the microphones and just brought in the couches and a stream bowl, lay down and tell us exactly how they were feeling.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: And another team is having trouble, the Bearcats.
Speaker 2: You can get the latest on them Wes Miller Show, Rachel Montgomery in tonight at eight oh five after Lance and Sports Talk. Unbelieveable women's basketball last night, the Bearcats upsetting number eleven Iowa State at fifth third Arena, seventy one sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Last night last night.
Speaker 2: Very good. So that's the Bearcats. The Bearcats first win over a ranked team since twenty eleven. That's been a while.
Speaker 1: Yes, also eleven since twenty eleven. Lori Peernl might have been the head coach back then. Let's see what else all.
Speaker 2: Speaking of the football, Bearcats running back Manny Covey, who has entered the transfer portal. Just about a week ago, he was named the offensive player of the game at the Liberty Bowl and.
Speaker 1: Now look what happened. He was staying and now he's going.
Speaker 2: Well. All I can tell you say is a lot of stuff is going on and we need a guy like you to keep track of it. I'm trying Ken Brew. It's difficult. It's first semi final game in the playoffs set for the night Fiesta Bowl. Yes, Miami up against Old Miss seven o'clock on ESPN fifteen thirty. Then tomorrow night Hoosiers ducks Indiana Oregon in the Peach Bowl in Atlanta.
Speaker 1: I think Indiana is a team of destiny. I think so too, and I also got the Heisman trophy wonder. But I also think ole Miss is going to win. I don't know why I'm thinking this, but I think ole Miss wins this game tonight.
Speaker 2: Let's see in National Football League today, Mike mc Mike McDaniel out as head coach of the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Now, how does that happen? I mean, if you're going to can the guy, he should have canned him like on Monday. I guess, well, I guess they must have. He met with the owner today and afterwards that said, see, you wouldn't want.
Speaker 4: To be you.
Speaker 1: He's boy Genius. That's his nickname, you know, boy Genius hockey cyclones. Can I finish this thought about genius?
Speaker 2: Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: So he Tyreek Hill got hurt, right, Plus he's a head case to begin with. Now to at taga by Lowe. Remember two got all those concussions like in the span of about four hours. Oh yeah, they got one one right here at pay Court Stadium.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Uh so, I mean he has a quarterback that's undersized, he's had his brains rattled several times, and so you're going to take it out on Mike McDaniel. I'm looking, where's the owner over and above that they've hired now? And I don't understand why teams white teams do this where they go to the broadcast booth and they hired people. Roy Aikman is now helping in the GM search in Miami right now. You tell me how Troy Aikman can do a game that may or may not involve Miami and have impartiality. Same thing with the same is that the same thing with is that the thing with the Raiders? With the Raiders? How could Brady do a game that may or may not involve the Raiders and be impartial about it. It's impossible. At the very least, you come off as compromised. Oh, ken Brew, we got more.
Speaker 2: We got a bulletin here from Gordon Wittmeyer, the fine britt beat writer for the Reds.
Speaker 1: TJ. Friedel avoids arbitration three point eight million. My god, all of our prayers are being answered.
Speaker 2: Thrill will with a thrill Benson one point seven to five million.
Speaker 1: Just freyd arbitration. It's left and right on players that are all basically the same.
Speaker 2: Let's see where I oh Cyclones defenseman Jakes Johnson. Jake john is named to the twenty twenty six a EHL All Star Classic. Well, it's a hot night in the Joe and they're going to be in beautiful Allen, Texas all weeks for the game. That's great.
Speaker 1: Sad news, though, Ken Brok, No, what's happened mister goalie? Glenn Hall? Passing away at ninety four? Glenn Hall? How about that five.
Speaker 2: Hundred and two consecutive games played as a goalie, no backup, no nights off, and played all those games without a.
Speaker 1: Mask When the NHL expanded in nineteen hundred and sixty six, Who was the first goldtender ever with the Saint Louis Blues. How about that? Believe he was with the Blackhawks before then? Correct? I think he was one of the Red Wings too, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: For a while.
Speaker 1: These guys are all over the place. How old was this dude? Ninety four? It's a lot of pucks to the face. Let's see.
Speaker 2: Also, you got you got birthday greetings today because I got a few? No, go right ahead, Well we leave it off. Let we lead it off with the King, ladies and gentlemen, nineteen thirty five in the.
Speaker 1: What did you like old Elvis or young Elvis?
Speaker 2: Sick?
Speaker 1: All Elvis all the time? For me, all Elvis all the time. That's right, military Elvis, all of them, leather Elvis, yep, and shall we say portly Elvis? Correct anything with the King?
Speaker 4: The King.
Speaker 1: See, now there's there's a discrepancy as to whether or not he's dead. But the case the case, the King is alive. In case Scylla is with him somewhere. Yeah, he's blowing out ninety one candles today.
Speaker 2: Also, yes, little Anthony of the Imperials birthday today.
Speaker 1: No kidding, I don't even know he's still alive.
Speaker 2: But that's great and last but not least, Yes, one of the greats of the tri State, who mister Teddy Kramer, has a birthday today.
Speaker 1: Today, we'll have birthday to Teddy. How about that?
Speaker 2: Happy birthday to him.
Speaker 1: It's also David Bowie's birthday.
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 1: Bowie would have been seventy nine years old today. Wow, hit it, this is Starman of course.
Speaker 4: Correct.
Speaker 1: David Bowie died two days before his birthday. He died on January tenth, ten years ago, at the age of sixty nine. And this album sig if you're keeping, if you're if you're scoring at home, or if you're just lonely. This album came out just right before his date of death, and the album cover had a picture of him lying in his hospital bed with a mask over his face that was taken about a week before his death. Now tell me that's not ghoulish, you know what I'm saying? That is correct, Drew. So there's all kinds of things flying around from a birthday standpoint today.
Speaker 2: I said, big, big, big month for birthdays, way back when, Big day for birthday, Big day for birthdays. What else we got going on here? That's about it? All right. You'll be back with us in less than or about an hour, about an hour, a little less than an.
Speaker 1: Hour, Yeah, we'll be here. More fun and frivolity then, is that what's good? Correct?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 2: More more trivia about the cyclones and you know everything, We'll get whatever you need, ken brew We got it.
Speaker 1: Well, those guys ever evicted, by the way, did they have to like go no, you know the the driveway. No, it only lasted three days.
Speaker 2: It only lasted like Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I think, or into maybe Monday.
Speaker 1: So they weren't seeking shelter nowhere.
Speaker 2: No, they know, No, it was it was I think they were supposed to be evicted like at THEIRS the January first, but the deal on the strike only lasted three days, so.
Speaker 1: Maybe the holiday helped them. They couldn't get like subpoenas or anything, or correction notices.
Speaker 2: And I don't think they had enough. They couldn't get the strike signs printed up fast enough, all right, Like who you got? Who you got?
Speaker 1: In these playoffs, sig, who's going to the final?
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be the Hurricanes and the Hoosiers ken Brewer, Ricanan.
Speaker 1: The Hoosiers, Yeah, I'm hoping for Mississippi or as they stay down there, Aissippi. Yeah, I'm hoping for them. But I think you're right. I think the Canes are hot right now, and I think Indiana is the best team in college football. That is correct, all right, sig, Well, get us out of the Stege Report and we'll we'll muster on until we talk again, ken Brew and Honter. Of this Thursday, we leave you with the immortal words of the stud Report.
Speaker 8: I'm here today to talk to you about the dumbest thing I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 1: These three state reps.
Speaker 8: One of them's a state senator in Ohio. Two of them are state reps. They're so ignorant they can't even use the website to look at what are population is. They're our population. They said, we're two hundred and fifty beds over. We're overcrowded. We feed him terrible, the heat and air is terrible. We don't put a chocolate on their pillow every day and set and tell them we love them. That's your state representatives and your state senators. We I refer to him in this video as the three stooges.
Speaker 1: What that was, Sheriff Richard K. Jones, And it's correct. Do you know I think I saw him once. I would occasionally go to Hidees Hamilton, which free plays Hi. I swear I saw him in there once. I wasn't going to go over and because that's the last thing you want to do is bother somebody when they're having a dinner or I think it was breakfast act correct, Yeah, but I mean he I saw him eating there and he was easy. I think he was by himself. He was by himself.
Speaker 2: He plays. He should have gone over and said hi, he plays a pickleball with us at Middletown. Oh he does? Yeah? Good, huh, very good. No, but eat nobody loses, share wink wink to the sheriff. Is that right?
Speaker 1: Nobody loses?
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: If you're gonna list, you want to do one to five in the for insubordination in the get in your cheat. That's right, all right, sig, I gotta go, I gotta We're going to get into People are up in arms about a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It's about what the health Department said yesterday, RFK about the kind of food you should be eating. It sounds like the kind of food you should not have been eating ten years ago, but now you're supposed to be eating it. And one hundred and fifty grams of protein to day sick. I'll try to do that all right. On seven hundred WLW if today is your white wedding Day and it's a Thursday, you've probably got a discount on the reception center. Welcome back seven hundred WLW the average American in for the Great American on this Thursday. In January. Mike McDaniel fired by the Miami Dolphins. Today, he said, among other things, I cherish my time I had here in Miami. Wouldn't it be nice if one of these dudes had got fired, came out and said, I think these people are a bunch of clowns that I work for, And I can't believe I gave four or five six years of my life to this blank show. Now that'd be that'd be somebody I'd listen to. But of course you can't say that because you wouldn't get hired anywhere else. But nevertheless, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: But it would be an interesting time for someone to commit into a documentary on the status sports in Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Now we've been here before. We don't know what it's all about. I mean, the Reds signed Gavin Lux and spent through Steer. They're fine ball players there, you know, but they haven't done anything appreciably to enhance their ability to win a championship this coming season. They played for Schwarber. They low balled the dude, thinking it would be, you know, well, hometown discount, and it's like, no, ballplayers don't play that way any sport. Money is what motivates any of these guys. Oh well, maybe they'd like to win a championship. Well yeah, okay, as long as the money's right. Of course, the Reds have a lot of off the field problems with finances right now. They don't have a local television deal, and they don't necessarily have history on their side last year with Terry francona aside. I mean, it's pretty much been the wilderness in terms of baseball in this town for a long time. Okay, I'll give you the COVID year. What was that sixty games? It was like spring training.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, the Bengals, we all know what they need, we all know what they needed before, and we all know they didn't get it. Joe Burrow and Jamar Chase and T Higgins to a lesser extent, they can make up for a lot of deficiencies the old salve on the wound, right, But as I said, all through this past season, there's a difference between the ability to score thirty five points in a game and having to score thirty five points in a game to win. And unfortunately, there were just too many, too many games like that this season. So let's see what they do on defense. But right now they are wasting away quality years with arguably the best quarterback they have ever had in franchise history, all due respect to Ken Anderson and to Boomer Size and Carson Palmer for that matter. And at you see, God, you lose five in a row in football last year and again this year. Your basketball team can't get out of its own way. And it Xavier, although they've got a new coach, they've lost four of their last five before they played Providence this Saturday, Cincinnati, and you see, they've won three times in their last nine games. And now they've got to go Sunday to play at Central Florida, twenty fifteen in the country. Still with a game against number three Iowa before January is done. Yeah, it'd be a hell of a thirty for thirty.
Speaker 1: All right, straight ahead, Everything you weren't supposed to eat now you're supposed to eat, and everything that you thought you were doing from a health eating standpoint, God, not so much. We'll get into that next on seven hundred WLW all right to eight on this Thursday. Is the average American infant the great American? Glad you are with us too. I don't say that capriciously, because without you what would I be? I'd be one man sitting in a room all by himself babbling. And why would I have to leave home to do that? We're not a healthy nation.
Speaker 4: We know that.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, fast food industry flourishes, right. We want quick, we want it now, we want it now. We make resolutions, Oh yeah, we're big on resolutions, but following through check your gym in about two weeks. Everybody wants to be better physically, stronger and whatnot, but not everybody wants.
Speaker 2: To put the work into it. And why is that so?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: People think, well, if I just go on the right diet, i'd why work out?
Speaker 1: I don't have to do that.
Speaker 2: What is the right diet?
Speaker 1: Just yesterday RFK Junior, the Health and Human Services Secretary, unveil the plan that's going to push for you, me and everybody else to eat more sat saturated foods that contain saturated fats. What would that be well, faty meats, sausage, pies, cheese, especially hard cheese, chocolate, confectionery, biscuits, cake, and patries. Wait a minute, Wait a minute. That would fly in the face of what doctors and diet tissues have been telling us for decades. And now we're supposed to start eating that. We're ending the war on saturated fats in this country, so said RFK Junior yesterday. How does that play in with resolutions for twenty twenty six? Well, stand by, here's somebody that might know. I've had doctor Eric Niputtia on the show many times. In fact, I think the first radio interview he ever did in his life was on my show. Now he's a sought after speaker, author, and owner of a state of the art wellness facility in Saint Louis, Missouri. He is with Newputi wellness dot Com and kind enough to give us some thoughts here today about resolutions and.
Speaker 2: Eating and things like that. And doctor Deputi, how are you on this glorious Thursday.
Speaker 4: I'm doing well. Thanks for having me. I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're here. You know, everybody wants to be better. I don't think everybody really and truly wants to put the effort into being better. We are a nation of shortcuts. I don't think there's any question about that, and I suppose it's never more evident than what it is right now. Just take a look at Jim's I went to my gym two days ago and I'm looking around and I'm seeing people I've never seen in my life. I went today and I didn't see even those people. So I'm just wondering why we have such a difficult time keeping the promises we make to ourselves.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, it's the definition of insanity, right, doing the same thing again and again, expecting a different result.
Speaker 4: Every year.
Speaker 7: People say New Year, knew me, They're going to lose the weight, get in shape, do the thing. But the problem is is that we actually try to do this through willpower and grit. And I'm telling you that's the recipe for failure. If you want to set your up for yourself up for success, you've got to have a system, you've got to have a plan, and you've got to start slow with it. Consistency is the key, you know. I tell my patience all the time, I said, you know, you'll be better off doing just a little bit over a long period of time. Then if you go out and try to, you know, overdo it, just like those folks in the gym, and they're going to stop doing the New year resolutions. And the reality is is that eighty percent of New Year's resolutions are completely failed by February. So you're spot on, and the gym's going to get even more quieter until next January.
Speaker 1: Who said, so, you just said something interesting. You say, we try to do it with willpower and grit. What's wrong with willpower?
Speaker 4: Well, if you have enough of it, it'll work, right.
Speaker 7: Willpower is great, But here's what I'm telling you, the willing yourself getting up and just motivating and willing yourself is not going to be the solution for the vast majority of people.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 7: There are certain personalities that can just draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough and I'm going to do this thing. But most people they can't do that. Most people need a simple system. And let me just tell you, a simple system is not just you know, listening to your favorite influencer on social media and following their plan. You need to follow a plan that's good for you. But you need to figure out what are your goals. And this is the problem. You see a lot of people go and they have these news resolutions. They say these general things like I want to be healthy. Well, that's not very specific. You have to have what's called a smart goal. And smart is an acronym. It stands for it stands for a specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and you have to put a time limit on it. So if I want a smart goal, I want to say, all right, I want to lose twenty pounds. I can measure that weekly by the scale. It's a realistic goal. If I lose twenty pounds in the next you know, four months or even less. But I've got to have measurable smart you know, action steps to go with that and chunk it down into daily actions you can do to achieve those goals. It's not hard to do it, but I'm telling you most people that just try old school will power and grit without a system, they don't do it well.
Speaker 1: First step is always the toughest step, There's no question about it. But again, something you just said that's interesting. You've got to set realistic goals and not try to run a marathon on your second day. So I think that's probably what is the biggest factor in these gyms looking jammed in January and come middle of March, you're in there all by yourself, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, no, you you're one hundred percent right, I mean, listen, the reality is this is that humans want to be healthier. We want to have more energy, We want to want to live a longer, healthier, more productive life.
Speaker 4: But we can't just do it by going in the gym and killing ourselves.
Speaker 7: You know, ken, I tell a lot of my patience that your health is a balance of three aspects. You have a physical body, you have a chemical body, and you have a neurological emotional By what do I mean by that?
Speaker 4: Well, most people.
Speaker 7: Understand going to the gym, working out, doing those things, but that sets yourself up for failure if you don't have the right mentality. First, you don't have the right process. Second, and third you got to start feeding your body. Right listen, I'm going to tell you right now, if people want to get healthy, eighty percent of your health is literally in the grocery store and in your kitchen more than it is in your gym. And if people start getting. For example, most people have a massive protein deficiency. You know, men should be getting around one hundred and fifty to one hundred and sixty grams a day of protein. Women should be getting around one hundred and one hundred and twenty grams a day of protein. If they focus on getting protein heavy in their diet, they can build muscle, build forrmones, they can reduce bloodshug issues, they can live a happier, healthier life. But most people look at one hundred and twenty grams of protein and go, oh.
Speaker 4: My gosh, how can I do that?
Speaker 7: Well, unless they have a system and process, they're literally just setting themselves up for failure. So you've got to approach all three aspects.
Speaker 4: Of your health.
Speaker 1: One hundred and fifty grams of protein. That's a lot of chicken, doc, I mean, it just it sounds like it sounds like a lot. But is the theory in and of itself that protein builds muscle and that it also would reduce your craving for other things like carbs and sweets.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, here's what we do know. There is no theory.
Speaker 7: The actual application and the law and the fact is is that the vast majority of human beings, especially over the age of thirty, are protein deficient. And the fact that someone says that's a lot of chicken tells me that you are protein deficient.
Speaker 4: And the reason why I'm protein deficient, I don't know. I don't know. I hear from people, but.
Speaker 2: From it from a chicken.
Speaker 1: All right, So tonight, let's say you're gonna have a chicken breast with some maybe some rice, and maybe a salad or something like that. So the average chicken breast is I don't know, what is it, eight ounces, maybe if you're hungry, ten ounces. I know for fact, there's not one hundred and fifty grams of protein.
Speaker 4: And that no, no, no, you're right.
Speaker 7: So, for example, chicken, chicken is actually more protein than than beef.
Speaker 4: And so for example, that.
Speaker 7: Chicken breast that you talked about, that's about twenty five to thirty grams of protein. A steak, a full at that's a nice eight ounce fil a is about twenty to thirty grams of protein. So if we focus on twenty to thirty grams approtein with our three meals a day, and then we supplement with one or two good healthy protein shakes that have twenty to thirty grams of protein in it. It's not that difficult to get a minimum of a one hundred and twenty to one hundred and sixty grams a day.
Speaker 4: But you're right, you're right.
Speaker 7: If you don't have protein, listen, ken, if you don't have protein, you can't make muscle, you can't make hormones. And here's what else you can't make. You know, those peptides everybody's trying to buy online, get their Your bodies make peptides off of protein, and so common sense says, we're deficient in proteins, and your body can't.
Speaker 4: Heal and repair.
Speaker 7: And by the way, when you have patients and people get on high protein diets, we reverse diabetes, we help with heart disease, we help with cholesterol.
Speaker 4: It's a very common sense approach for most people.
Speaker 1: It's just an interesting I've lived through so many generations and so many medical trends and so many things to do and don't do. I mean, there was a time, as you well know in this country, that red meat was looked at it and say, if you eat a lot of that, you're gonna get cholesterol, your heart's gonna explode, and you're dead. So what made red meat fashionable again in the protein world.
Speaker 7: Well, listen, I mean, I mean we could, We could split hairs with all kinds of conversations. I mean, there are There was a time in our life when you thought if you got in the boat and went far up in the ocean, you literally would fall off the face.
Speaker 4: Of the earth. You mean, okay, so we got you can't. Well I've never done it, but I.
Speaker 7: Do know that you can get that one hundred and twenty grands of protein.
Speaker 4: So so here's what we do know.
Speaker 7: We do know for f fact, without a shadow of a doubt, that red meat is absolutely, unequivocally healthy for people. But all things in moderation. You see, you hear all these diets like you hear actions diet. You hear low carb, no carb, keto, carnivore.
Speaker 4: There's all.
Speaker 7: You know, all these different food plans, and you know what food plan works best for you, the one that works best for you. And there are most ways to find that number one. You could test all of them. You could try and see how your body responds. Do a month of each one and see how you do. Or you can do what I do with a lot of my patients. We run a genetic swab test on our patients. It measures like nine hundred data points of their genetics, tells them how their body processes fast carbs proteins. Is red meat good for you versus is you know, more chicken good for you? What supplements should you have? I mean, if we live in a world now where we've got we've got enough science that we can discover about ourselves. And that's what I always say is self care is the real healthcare. And the more you know about yourself, the better you can take care of yourself. We shouldn't be reliant on our doctors and social media influencers to dictate our health. If it's meant to be, it's up to me, And just like your news resolution, decide on your goal, put a plan of action in the place, have an achievable, measurable smart goal, and just chunk it down into little baby steps. If you'll do inch by inch in six months from now, you're feeling better, looking better. Maybe you're off some medications, maybe you're doing all kinds of great stuff. But that's way better than doing six weeks of fury and then February's here.
Speaker 4: Nobody's in the gym anymore.
Speaker 7: So.
Speaker 1: I was told by a doctor, once you can get on a treadmill and round all day, you're not going to run away from a bad diet. But I do think though, you just can't have a great diet and eat well without some sort of physical activity to achieve the kind of health that you want. Am I right or wrong on that?
Speaker 4: You're one thousand percent right? Listen.
Speaker 7: The number one deficiency that we as human beings have on this planet is a movement deficiency.
Speaker 4: We are made to move.
Speaker 7: Now, we now know without a shadow of doubt that muscle is metabolism. You see all these folks that are doing all these you know glt ones, and you know your injectable, you know fat loss medications, which, listen, there's a place for those. We use those in our practices as needed, but there's a lot of people that are losing a lot of muscle mass with that. So advice to your listeners, if you're going to use any of those GLP ones, make sure you hitting your protein goals and you won't have the muscle loss. But you cannot be healthy unless you are moving weights. You want to live a longer, healthier life, we need to do resistance training period gll.
Speaker 1: P one is ozepic. Basically, we're goal. I just saw you can get that now. If you're a consumer of these things, you can get that now. So you're not condemning those, but they're not for all things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it shouldn't. Shouldn't.
Speaker 1: I mean you're not, But you're also not suggesting, if I'm hearing you correctly, that that's a be all and end all, I'll stick a needle in my belly and I'm all of a sudden going to be, you know, the healthiest man that ever walked on the face of the earth.
Speaker 7: You're one hundred percent right, I mean that is that is the biggest mistake that people make. Listen, there's no such thing as a magic bullet, right, There's no such thing, and there's no magic potion, pill, lotion or shot that's going to automatically reverse your aging and make you feel amazing again. You've got to put in the work. And I think you said it at the beginning of this conversation. People want certain things, but they're not willing to put in the work to achieve it. And the reality is, it's just like if you won the lottery, we'll look at all the lottery winders. What happens to them three years later?
Speaker 4: They're all bankrupt. Well, it's the same way.
Speaker 7: Like you're going to get something, you got to put in the work to earn it, and unfortunately, help is something you have to achieve every single day, whether you like it or not.
Speaker 1: Okay, So one hundred and fifty grams of protein is what I should be looking at. Okay, just eggs in the morning, snake at night, something maybe that's protein based without processed foods at noon. I'm still not getting home on that. There's no way in God's green Earth I'm going to get going to get one hundred and fifty grands of protein. So what else am I supposed to be doing here?
Speaker 4: Well, let me just tell you this.
Speaker 7: So I personally, I personally get about two hundred ish grams of protein per day. That's my protein goal. And so I have first thing in the morning, I have a protein shake. There's about thirty to forty grams of protein in that. Then I'm going to have I'm going to have another shake or a protein bar when I get to my office and start my day. So by the time most people have had their first cup of coffee, I've already had close to fifty to sixty grams of protein.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 7: Then about four hours later, I'm going to have a meal. At that meal, I'm going.
Speaker 4: To have protein.
Speaker 7: It's going to be a chicken brass, it's going to be some type of a red meat something where the food itself is at least another thirty to forty grams of protein. Then I'm going to have a protein shake for my drink. So there's eighty grams, fifty grams, sixty grams of protein there. So I've already gotten my one hundred and fifty in before I've had lunch. So there are ways that you can do this. It's not that difficult, and we are working on ways to get protein in the body either. It's kind of like when we tell folks, hey, you're supposed to have eight eight ounce glasses of water every day. When people say, oh my gosh, how do I drink that much, we already know they're dehydrated. Because if eight glasses of water seems like a lot, we got.
Speaker 4: Some work to do.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll be honest with you, that's a number. Now you've given me a goal. Now I've got to figure out on my own or either you know, move out to where you are and you can walk me through whatever day you got. If you have a book or anything that talks.
Speaker 2: About that we do what we do.
Speaker 4: I do actually have a book about it. Yeah.
Speaker 7: If you go to my website, Eric Napouti dot com that's e ri cnput dot com, you can see a bunch of the project books and et cetera that are written. There's a book called Becoming Bio Limitless. You see, we have the ability to tap into our limitless health potential. It's truly limitless. We've got guys in their seventies and eighties now doing fifty sixty pull ups on television and one hundred push ups like you know, seventies to new thirties. So as long as you're getting with the program and doing the right thing, you can live a long, happy, healthy, productive life.
Speaker 1: Wow, seventy is the next thirty, which means that the audience maybe that's thirty five years old. You're an embryo, so so not too early to start. This is enlightening doc. It really is good stuff. I don't mean to get fixed on the amount of grams, but it certainly is out there. And if it works, it works. And you mentioned your website. If people go there, what else are they find besides your book? Can your smiling face?
Speaker 4: Well, they can find all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 7: Listen, you can find the link to where we talk about doing that nine hundred thousand data point genetic testing that we do that literally gives you the map of how to live your life. We've got all kinds of great resources on our website.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen.
Speaker 7: We always talk about how knowledge is power, but wisdom is taking what you learn and applying it to your life. And just so you know, one gram of protein per lean body mass is what you should be getting. So if you're a two hundred pound person, you should be getting somewhere around one hundred and fifty to one hundred and sixty grams a day of protein.
Speaker 4: If you're you know, and you can calculate that. If you're a.
Speaker 7: Woman, most women need about one hundred and ten t one hundred and twenty grams a day. By the way, we get those into people osteoporosis, chronic pain, anxiety, depression, feeling old and tire goes away.
Speaker 4: Get some protein in your system.
Speaker 1: Hey, can you move to Cincinnati? I'll guarantee you now.
Speaker 4: But I'm virtual man, We're global.
Speaker 2: It's always great catching up for you. Doc.
Speaker 1: Good luck stay, here's me telling you to stay.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: What an idiot I am, But I appreciate your time today.
Speaker 4: Thanks, have a great day.
Speaker 1: You well, you bet.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go out and buy myself a cow tonight. Get some of that lean protein, that's all. That's a big number though, one hundred and fifty grams of protein a day. All right, I guess why not if that's the trend coming up on two twenty six, on this Thursday, it's the average American in for the Great American News Radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 1: How am I doing today?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Hello, quiet, and I'm scos. I'm broadcasting Bony god seg.
Speaker 2: I have a question for you. Go ahead, glad you're here. Something I want to ask him, and I want to ask you for a long time. Okay, you've been around the town a long time, right, I mean there's been around this radio station a long time.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir. There may not be anybody that's been here longer except well Willie maybe that's been There can't be anybody that's been at the station. Tom Moran and sales have been there for fifty four. I'm telling you about people on the radio radio, not those sell this stuff that lets us go on the radio, though Tom's pretty god. But anyway, have you ever seen the state of Cincinnati sports as low as it is right now?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Now, this could be the Nator as they.
Speaker 2: Say, of our existence, correct, and that kind of urinates me off. Yeah, that's true. There's nothing. There has been nothing to cheer about for years in this city. I mean, I mean the years every so often, every so often. Yeah, we now have two Indoor Football League teams.
Speaker 1: Are you aware of this? That's what I heard? Yes?
Speaker 2: Two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had two hockey teams do it one time?
Speaker 2: Right, we did?
Speaker 1: We had the Mighty Ducks and the Clones. Yeah yeah, yeah, Well I had a chance. We had a chance in joining the National Hockey Leg at one time, and instead close they took the buyout. That's true. I mean guys like build a Wit I think he can was still involved. I think Castolini was actually involved, took the buyout, took the buyout. Could have been in the NHL. Yeah, that's true. And now here we are sick. We sit here and we're looking for anything something immor.
Speaker 2: So a little somebody right, Well, you know you got you know, NK, you and Miami are having great years so far, ken Brew they are.
Speaker 1: Miami's having a hell of a year.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, Miami's what sixteen and ohble and the Norse have got like Mi Alma Maters got like ten or eleven twelve wins already, So you know, at least those fans are happy.
Speaker 1: But the you know, Bengals, Reds, U See Zavi, their roots for U See basketball or Xavier basketball. It's not going to root for Miami. That's true. You you're correct, that's true.
Speaker 4: You're right.
Speaker 2: Universally.
Speaker 1: You got the Reds and you got the Bengals at FC Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: That's true that they've had success, but they haven't gotten to the you know, they haven't gotten to the top of the mountain yet.
Speaker 1: You know what we don't have here in town and in a generation is a trophy. We need a trophy. That's true. Yeah, where's the trophy? The Reds last one a trophy in ninety Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you're if you're under the age of forty, you don't know what it's like to have a trophy from your baseball team.
Speaker 1: Now, the Bengals have never had a trophy. I mean, they've had the conference championship, the trophy that's.
Speaker 2: Never had and you know, and nobody sees those because they're in they're in the entrance to the offices, and that you can't go in and.
Speaker 1: Over above that, it's like Ricky, Bobby, that means you were the first loser, right, I mean it's kind of like, you know, I really I'm being very sincere for the fans here. I really do. I always have, I always have. But think about that, if you're a Reds fan, the last World Series championship was thirty six years years ago. If the age of comprehension is five, if you're under forty, you've never had that, and forty you're halfway to death at that point. That's correct. So I just I feel for the fans.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: It's kind of depressing, is what it is. Get me out of this depression, seg all right, ken Brew.
Speaker 2: They Stoos Reporters a proud service of your local Temestar heating and air conditioning dealers. Temestar quality you can feel in Cincinnati called Stacy Heating and Air solutions five one, three, three six seven h e A T ROXY but thank you.
Speaker 1: Red's update.
Speaker 2: The Reds have avoided arbitration today with the following players Gavin Lux five point two five million, TJ. Friedel three point eight ye, Spencer Steer four million, and Will with a thrill Benson at one point seven to five mil y.
Speaker 1: So we're still not even a fraction of the way as to what they were offering Kyle Schwarber, correct, they and they low balled him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. Yeah, there's another guy we miss out on college football. First of the playoff semi finals tonight, Fiesta Bowl ken Brew in Arizona match an Old miss in Miami. It's seven o'clock on ESPN fifteen thirty.
Speaker 1: You like Miami, Yes, I think Old Missus is on a mission, but I think Miami is. It's the Miami is the hottest team in the country, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: El And another hot team is Indiana Indiana, but they got a battle Oregon in the Peach Bowl tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: I love Peaches.
Speaker 2: College basketball. Get the latest on those Cincinnati Bearcats Wes Miller Show after the they've lost. So they've lost, They've won three in their last nine games, right, and that's after Sports Talk Live at the original Montgomery in eight oh five, right here on seven hundred w WELW after Lance and Sports Talk. Okay, and then the congrats to ken Brew got to give congrats out. At least they had a winner.
Speaker 1: Let's see.
Speaker 2: But women's basketball last night, Bearcats upset eleventh rad at Iowa State seventy one sixty three because Zager got beaten Milwaukee by one. Missouri upsets Kentucky at ropp Arena. BBN is not happy. They were booing. They were booing, questioning Mark Pope. They were up by what eight or nine with a couple of minutes to go, and then uh, Missouri went on a fifteen to two run to close it out.
Speaker 1: It was like, what woa whoa is?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So you are you familiar with this song? Go ahead, little harmonica coming in here. Yeah, this would be the doors classic keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel Roadhouse Blues. This is significant today, said I'm gonna tell you why. He turns eighty today. One of the great guitarists in rock and roll history, Robbie Kreeger turns eighty. How about that? I thought you were gonna say Driver's ed was invented today, rock you up. But for all I know, it might have been Robbie Krieger and the guy playing the harmonic on this is built on the song as G Poglici. Now, who is g Poglici? You're saying, who is g police Pliski? Are you familiar with the group called the Association? I've heard of him?
Speaker 2: Yes? Are you familiar with the group?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: They had hot town summer in the city, back of my neck, getting dirty and gritty. Yes, I remember that.
Speaker 2: Yes, cool cat looking for a kitty, gonna look at every corner of the city.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm sorry. These are songs that formed the true eight of rock and roll, don't I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The guy that's playing harmonica here was built as g PO Gleasi. He told me he was brought in to play on this record simply to keep Jim Morrison calm. Really, any idea who this lead singer could be that was playing harmonica?
Speaker 2: None?
Speaker 1: Do you know the group called the Loving Spoonful John Sebastian Bingo. Wow, And he had to be built as g PO Gleasi because he was under contract to another another how many times? How many times did that happen over the years? I don't know with that seg It would stock. How about sixty nine I was there, it would Stock. Yes, they had a massive thunderstorm and it knocked out the electricity, and so they were trying the promoters were trying to figure out a way to get the water off the stage so they can get the electricity back on, right, And John Sebastian was there just as an observer, and they looked the promoters looked around and they said, is there anybody we could send out there that could entertain until we get the electricity back on? And like Sebastian's looking around and everybody's looking at him, and they said, John, get out there and just play. We'll let you know when the lights go back on. Okay, how long did that take? Well, he said he was out there for about forty five minutes. Oh, it was not even planning to sing. Wow, how about that? So anyway, all of this goes back to the fact that Robbie Krieger turns eighty years old today. Classically trained in the Flamenco guitar, but one of the greatest rock and rollers of all time. Wow, how about that, Casey Casem keep your feet on the ground, in keeper reaching for the stars? What well you got here?
Speaker 2: Said?
Speaker 1: That's about it, ken Brew.
Speaker 2: It's the King's birthday too. We mentioned that haang, Little Anthony, Little Anthony and Teddy Kramer and Teddy Kramer Bowie find find Americans. Do you want another little a little snippet of rock and roll history? Go ahead. David Bowie was born to Davy Jones, David Jones, and he was playing in London, and he was playing with various groups and they were just club groups, and he was known as Davy Jones. Well, at the same time the Monkeys were out and their heart throb lead was Davey Jones.
Speaker 1: Correct. So David Bowie said, well, I'll just be called Davy something or other and his manager says, how about Bowie? And he said, okay, that's how he came David Bowie. This is one of those deals. How about Bowie?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, that was it?
Speaker 2: That was it?
Speaker 1: How about that?
Speaker 2: There's another piece saying of music history. You'll learn something new every day on this show with you, ken Brew.
Speaker 1: Saturday, when I'm on, I'm on for three and a half hours on Saturday, I'll be joined by one of Elvis Presley's backup singers from the group The Stamps court Head. Yes, ed Enoch is gonna be on with me. He's gonna He's gonna tell me some great Elvis stories. I'm sure about that. They got that big show, you know, this weekend down at the Aaronoff Center, Big Elvis, is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All those guys and those costumes are gonna be in there. Yeah. These women will run up on stage. They'll run to the stage with flowers because they think it's Elvis. Every time I go I'm shot. There are these sixteen, seventy and eighty year old women running up to the stage with flowers to handle these guys that are dressed up like Elvis Presley. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: You're gonna do that? What dress up as Elvis? Yeah, his red hair. Yeah, they may say that's him. I'm gonna go with He's alive, senile Elvis. That's what.
Speaker 1: You know, ken Brew.
Speaker 2: I after the King passed away that faithful day in Memphis, Yes, a few days after that, I got to dial up Uncle Vester with the music professor and put him on hold to talk about the King. That's my claim to fame with the King. I didn't get picked up. I'm, you know, hitch hiking or nothing. I got to dial up Uncle Vester to talk about the King.
Speaker 1: WARN's you blessed?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Say get us out of the Stooge Report. I need Rocky in here. I've got a lot of questions for Rocky. I don't know what he's ready for answers, so let him get in there. He's like a bull in a cage right now, snort and trying to get out on this show. So let me get me out of the Stooge Report. Ken brewin Hotter. Of a nice day here in the tri State. Maybe a little rain this afternoon. We'll see. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report. The Wizard's got a taxi waiting.
Speaker 2: I've got a bottle of wild Irish rose and a pro col harum waiting for me.
Speaker 1: Don't come and knock it.
Speaker 2: You see the.
Speaker 1: Wizards tanor Rod.
Speaker 2: While they ought to run that late night on Channel five, or me TV versus s Fengouli clim right. You call it the Bob Shreve Memorial Hour a PPP. The past prime playhouse. Sega, I gotta go, they say, well, I'll lay to him. I'll be in for the great American, who, of course is on an extended vacation. Yeah, flee again, fleecing octagenarians out of their Social Security checks on some golf course. See you next week at some point, Yes, sir ken Brew.
Speaker 1: On seven hundred WLW, seven hundred WLW, the day is about to reach. It's broadcast apex for I am just a conduit, a bridge, a vessel as it may be, to take you from noon until three until we hit the high note. Here on seven hundred w WELW with the world famous dance team of Eddie Fingers and Rocky Boyman, and standing by to join us right now is one member of that team, the most ravaging red hand this side of Harrison Rocket Jay Boyman. How are you on this glorious day?
Speaker 4: N I'm wonderful you having a great New year.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, every days an adventure Rocket. I woke up every day thinking it's New Year's Day. Part of the problem with getting old you don't know what the hell yeah right on, and and why you don't do anything. It's just kind of like but you know what, it beats the alternative, doesn't it correct? It certainly does. Let me ask you this, I view most things in life with a cynical lie.
Speaker 2: I just do.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but I do.
Speaker 4: So.
Speaker 1: I'm watching the events unfolded Minnesota yesterday and the minute that that woman was shot, and it was tragic and it should never happen, and the reasons for it happening are wide and varied and deep in political nature. Nobody wanted to see anybody lose their life. Within ten minutes, ten minutes, every single Democrat is run into a microphone yelling and screaming about how terrible this is and how Trump caused it, and how Ice is bad. And I'm sitting there watching this, and I'm saying, none of these people give a rat's rear end about the woman that got shot. They're trying to change the narrative of what's going on in Minnesota, which is haunting that party right now. Am I being too cynical with that view?
Speaker 4: No, not at all.
Speaker 9: It's the old never let a crisis go to waste. And that's the part about politics and politicians that you hate, is you get the feeling and hopefully I'm wrong, but you get the feeling there was a giddiness inside some of these and where they go Wait a minute, Okay, well great, So now this takes all the eyeballs off the Somali daycare fraud and all the investigation there, and now I get to get myself on MSNBC or whatever it is to promote what I'm doing and elevate my profile. It's the sick part of it, but it happens over and over and over. It's going to continue to happen.
Speaker 1: I mean, even Hillary Clinton stopped farting into the cushion on her couch and wait on this, and I'm thinking, what are we doing here? First of all, they've polluted the jury pool in Minneapolis. There's no way in HELIVI goes to trial, and there's no guarantee that it will. You're not going to have that case tried or any kind of judicial action taken in the state of Minnesota. There's no way it can happen. So it leaves their purview at that point.
Speaker 2: To begin with.
Speaker 1: I just think we rush to judgment on so many things in this country right now that we really ever truly get to the heart of what the issue is, and the issue is Trump. Bad get Orange Man fan flames on Trump any way you can. And unfortunately, the fanning of the flames and the hot rhetoric from people like Tim Walls and other had a lot to do with what happened yesterday as anything. And I just think we got to shut up at some point in this country and just watch how things unfold, unfettered without all this opinion what we do.
Speaker 9: But you know, people respond to incentives, and right now, Tim Walls or the Minneapolis mayor who was throwing f bombs out, you don't feel any pain from that. No one certainly close to him that he cares about us saying, Hey, I not a good idea to really comment on this yet. How about we just wait a few days, let's talk. No, that that never happens, so they're not incentivized to shut up, so they just keep on talking.
Speaker 1: So I don't really know.
Speaker 9: I don't know if there is a solution to that, But that's that's how it's going to continue to be.
Speaker 1: I think, well, what are you and your sidekick talking about today, because I'll be tuning in.
Speaker 9: Yes, Well, right out of the gate, we're going to talk about youth sports, all right, And there's a great article out and the title of the article is fifty dollars to try out and three thousand to play. And this is something that is very close to me, and I understand both sides of youth sports. And on one hand, you know, the rec side of it, and then the specialization, you know, AAU tournament side, you know. So we're gonna have a good discussion about that and just kind of how things got to this point where sports cost so much to play as a youth. So that'll be at three. At four o'clock, We've got our fitness guy PJ. Street going to join us for the first time in the new year. Tell us how to get in shape, Ken, that's a good thing. And then we have our plastic surgeon friend, doctor Bruce Herman, joined us at five, and many many other things in between.
Speaker 1: Ken, what are you guys going to get a lift? What are you gonna have?
Speaker 4: You go? Guy?
Speaker 2: Is he gotta give you a Brazilian butt lift? You want to and Eddie a waxing in a Brazilian butt lift? That's what I asked him about. But I don't like to do that myself. I like to leave that to the pros, which which.
Speaker 4: Any number. Kid.
Speaker 1: I don't know what you need a mirror for either. All right, well you guys have a great show. I'll be tuning in and we'll talk again here real soon. All right, Ken, you're the best. Thanks there they are, Rocky Boyman and any fingers stand by for more Mayhem on seven hundred w wel w