Speaker 1: Hey, head down the stretch news in eight minutes eight minutes on Lance Pacallister. I'm on Twitter at Lance meacallister. If you followed, thank you. If you don't, we'd love to have you also be at Instagram or TikTok. You can find me. I'm on every I'm on too many platforms at Lance McAllister X, Instagram and TikTok. And if Facebook is your thing, absolutely jump in. We're talking Indiana, We're talking the Reds. In more Lance Pacallister Sports Talk at this very moment, Let's talk hockey Cyclones home this Saturday for the coolest thing you'll ever see their Teddy Bear toss matt Enee against the Fort Wayne Comments. For more on that, Let's go straight to the source, the outstanding play by play voice of yours Cincinnati Cyclones. That would be Rudy Hodgson. How are you?
Speaker 2: I am great, Thanks for having me on. Great to hear your voice. And I'm excited to see the Teddy Bears fly here at Fitch Banks Center this weekend. How are you?
Speaker 1: I am well, And I'm excited about this because I love when you you can paint the picture of all this, because the visual it is iconic. Explain the concept in what's going to happen?
Speaker 2: Absolutely so. The Cyclone post of Fort Wayne comments, this Saturday, it's a four pm puck trump And for those that don't know what the teddy bear toss is, once the Cyclones score their first goal of the game, you can bring as many bears as you like to the building and you throw them over the glass, throw them at the opposing goalie if you like, and all those bears go to a great cause. They benefit our Cincinnati Police, Cincinnati FD and it's all amazing. Matthew twenty five minute stries. Also in the mix.
Speaker 1: Have you been hitting ahead by a stuffed animal while broadcasting?
Speaker 2: No? But I'm not sure if you remember this, But last year I said that broadcast is before me. What warned me that if they if people don't like you, they'll turn around few bears at you. So I'm must be doing a pretty good job because nobody throw a bear at me last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right. Okay, so backtrack a little bit here, refresh my memory. Does this take place when a goal is scored or when the game is over? What's the moment that triggers it.
Speaker 2: All the Cyclone's first goal, so it could happen at any point. Last year we got down to the wire, it's like five minutes to go in the game, but it could happen as soon as the Cyclone score.
Speaker 1: And the fact that it's a matt and a I love because you can go late afternoon and still have the rest of your Saturday night to enjoy as well.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and it's a day full of hockey because earlier in the morning we have our frozen five K ten K, so I'll have all the hot chocolate, all the marathon, all the runners want to come down, and so it could be a whole day at the bank. So you can run for a couple of minutes and then you can go go enjoy a meal and then come on back to the rinks.
Speaker 1: Speaking of meals, I must ask were did you happen to be part of the meal the team meal at Jeff Ruby's where the chef prepared a goalie mask cake.
Speaker 2: I've seen it. It is awesome. It is fantastic, and I'm jealous. I kind of want my own. My parents are coming in town for the first time next month, and that's the first place I'm going to take them to and I'm going to make sure we get the goalie helmet.
Speaker 1: That was awesome. Go back to yesterday if we could, because it was Kid's Day, so that was an early start. Lost a while one six', five but the scene in that place with the vibe of kids must be really cool At Heritage Bank.
Speaker 2: Center, yeah and you know, what Hockey hockey fans are getting younger and. Younger it seems like more young people are getting into the. Game so it's kind of fun to see a younger crowd pack the barn and have a good, time and you know the kids eat free, thing and also our field trip. Game it's a good way for us to stay engaged with younger folks that want to get into the. Game and you, know it's growing and we're happy to be a small part of that here in our.
Speaker 1: Community i'm a big fan Of Justin, vibe the. Captain he experienced a milestone here over the inside the last. Week explain what took place AND i saw the. Video what a really cool presentation from the organization to him with the.
Speaker 2: Jersey, ABSOLUTELY i mean anytime we could, honor anytime we can honor the Big, cat it's a good day and you, know he does so much for, us and he was the First cyclone to play in five hundred games with the, organization and just to put it in a, perspective eleven seasons With, cincinnati and he loved it. Here we love having him and he IS i, mean you name a, record he probably owns. It and so for us to have a nice to honor, HIM i, mean it couldn't happened to a better. Guy and we're glad he's our captain.
Speaker 1: Absolutely all, Right, saturday the place to be is at The cyclones. Game tell everybody how they can get.
Speaker 2: Tickets, yep so you can join. Us get your ticket To Cyclones hockey dot. Com we hope you can join us four pm PuF trop like you, Said and if you can't make it to the, building you could always tune in On Flow hockey and The cyclones radio. Network you'll hear my. Voice and also This saturday is going to be one of our games through our partnership With fox, nineteen so you can catch that on nineteen point. Three so if you have an, antenna put the hockey game on and you'll see it and you'll hear.
Speaker 1: It sounds like a play On, rudy you're the.
Speaker 2: Man you.
Speaker 1: Know you're welcome. Anytime thank you and good catch it.
Speaker 2: UP i appreciate. It thanks so much for having.
Speaker 1: Me all, right take. Care there you. Go Saturday Teddy Bear. Toss it's what what a really cool scene of, THOUSANDS i mean thousands Of Teddy bears for a fantastic. Cause