Speaker 1: I need a head north with the power trip.
Speaker 2: Join the guys is up at Brandview Lodge this Thursday and Friday. Be there on Thursday night for all fair fun and then stick around as we go live on the air Friday morning, including the initials game. And you were shot at a two night Grand Feu stay with food, golf and a massage at their spot at all the details today at KFE dot com slash grand View.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be fun. I can't wait this week. I cannot wait. Thursday night, Friday morning happening. Man, Oh, that's happening. That's right, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: He's at the New Hope Cinemagrill Oh sauce again.
Speaker 3: Five shows this week.
Speaker 5: Oh, Craig Oh, Craig gas gas sennatmcgrell dot com for tickets. And you know Craig from not only The House Stern Show, but King Queen's Family, Guy, America, Dad, Sex and the City and so much much in this show and this.
Speaker 3: Show seven times or something many times, Yeah, many dared. How the hell are you?
Speaker 6: Man? Dude?
Speaker 1: When I got in my car, I always like to listen so I can jump into the conversation with that.
Speaker 3: Wherever it's going, we want to talk about Marnie's ducks.
Speaker 1: Well, on the way in, I just I was listening, going, wow, this is such a crazy conversation, and I thought if I was to take this like as a consult like a radio consultant.
Speaker 3: A radio consultant is.
Speaker 1: A guy who will come in and give you some weird, like mid level executive job advice just to be able to justify their job. But they'll play you like a segment of your show, and you're and you'll overanalyze, well, why'd you pick that segment?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: But if I'm to play somebody a break that I heard and ask is this a country western morning show? Is this a sports station or is this just a bunch of stoners doing a podcast?
Speaker 6: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: This and this is the audio you would hear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, can you imagine if like a moose et you do you think about this? What if you could hear worms scream like a measurement? Dude? During a worm scream? I was like, what do I have a contact time listening to here? It was? It was wildly entertaining on the way over here. But it's good to see you guys. Do you believe that worm screams would be loud. Sauce is convinced they would be loud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how I jumped into the middle of it. That That's the thing is, I didn't know what the jumping point. I didn't I just heard that middle segment and went like, wait, why are we talking about wearing screaming. I don't understand where the what the reference was.
Speaker 7: They might be drowning, they might be getting stepped on, like, they might be in complete agony at all times.
Speaker 5: It just seems like they have terrible lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sucks to be a worm man agreed, without question. I agree, I totally agree.
Speaker 1: I just was enjoying the intensity of the the.
Speaker 7: Micro subject of the country. We try to be as profound as possible.
Speaker 5: I never thought about it. So you're right, we do sound like stoners sometimes. I agree with you, and that definitely is a good example.
Speaker 3: And speaking to stoners. Marni Gelinner, Craig Marte Gollner not right now, all right, She's also not, in general very professional.
Speaker 1: I just went through something that have you ever called up.
Speaker 3: An ex just to like dunk on them? Ever, like if you were had an ex that you felt like the need to like follow up.
Speaker 1: Not lately in college. Sure, I'm not even sure if this is appropriate conversation have on the radio. But something happened just a couple of weeks ago that was so mind blowing that that was attached to an argument that I got into twenty years ago. Twenty years ago, I go to Anchorage, Alaska for the first time to do stand up comedy. My ex is with me when I go to the club and we meet a local comedian. His name is Matt Becker, Matt with one T Becker, and we talked to him for thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: We come out.
Speaker 1: My ex looks at me and goes, I like him. I said he's creepy. He's very creepy, and she said, we mean he's creepy.
Speaker 3: I see.
Speaker 1: And we got an argument about and we had gotten into this argument several times that I think I have an intuition about people, and she said, you're always wrong, and I said, I do have an intuition about people. I'm just saying you can tell something about somebody by the words they use, and that guy is creepy.
Speaker 3: He's really really dark. That was the argument twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: If you're able to right now, I'd like you to open up your Twitter on your phone and go to the Anchorage Police Department's Twitter page, where on March fourteenth, the Anchorage Police Department put out a flurry of tweets saying to be on the lookout for a man in Anchorage who is on a murder spree. He has a list of people that he wants to take out, and he's starting from the top of the list, and his name was Matt Becker.
Speaker 7: With one T Matthew Thomas Becker. Yes, hop about this headline? Dude, am I stepping on you touch this headline? Here's the headline that you just referenced to March twenty or March nineteenth of twenty twenty six. Comedy club owner with terminal cancer guns down X in law hunt's ex wife before turning up dead.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a terrible story. Holy it's a terrible, terrible story. But here's how much I love being right.
Speaker 3: I cannot tell you the joy of being able to call an ex from twenty years ago and hear her pick up the phone with like a question mark in her voice of like hello, and.
Speaker 1: Be able to go, ah, guess who has intuition, and it was such a like I have to believe there were people in nineteen forties Germany who were like, I told.
Speaker 3: You not to buy that guy's painting.
Speaker 1: He's here, he's like, you know, like, there's just I feel like there's a handful of people out there who have the intuition that I have about people. And for you, my hope is that someday.
Speaker 3: A crazy murder spree happens for you too, and that you can be validated. So but yeah, it's it's that was a I'm realizing this story is not going overwhelm.
Speaker 5: Man, dude, I completely would have called hers as well. Someone could be I had the same feeling every time I'm in a room with meets Paul Lambert.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew how somehow I was going to turn around to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: How is his material?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Was he funny to kill?
Speaker 1: Are there any jokes that are left on the table that we could take now? I don't know, but his his he was BFFs with Doug Stanhope, who was also a pretty dark guy.
Speaker 3: Wow, but yeah not as dark dark? Yeah, pretty dark, And his material was like I just remember that he was this quirky guy who loved to do magic tricks for people, which maybe that's something that kind of triggers me as well. Comedians and magicians. Yeah, comedians magicians.
Speaker 7: I don't know, there's like three of those, right, the amazing Jonathan Obviously, Penn and Teller are kind of comedians slash magicians, right.
Speaker 1: It's pretty rare, very many though. Yeah, Penn and Teller are great. I the last time I was in town, I asked Chris if he wanted to go see metallicap Metallica's before me here, and he was like, yeah, I might, and I go, I go, And I didn't want to say, like, dude, go because I'm gonna hook it up. And then he said, all right, let's go. So we went to the talk show and we had this great time.
Speaker 3: We went into.
Speaker 1: The middle of the stage, the snake think pit of the show and Chris, you told me a story that night that blew my mind that years and years and years ago you got to go backstage to a concert once.
Speaker 3: And is it okay to bring this up? They all know it, the slaughter story.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, yeah, oh yeah, we all know the story, Okay, so legendary.
Speaker 1: My memory of the story is that he got to go backstage to a Slaughter show. But the weird thing that resonated from that night, that stayed in his memory was that the girl who got them the backstage passes had emerged from the backstage area with the all access passes and she seemed to have white stuff on her. Yeah, and it really, it really, uh creeped him out. But he went backstage, of course, and I have I just did a show three weeks ago opening for Slaughter. You did not, No way I did. And uh, this is a message from Mark Slaughter here that he wants to clarify for Chris.
Speaker 3: Is this real? This is totally real? This is.
Speaker 5: This is this is this is this queen, this is clean.
Speaker 3: This is thirty five years ago.
Speaker 1: That this happened thirty five years ago. I don't know why this audio is not all right.
Speaker 3: The Wi Fi in here sucks. If that matters, it is not hold on a Mark Slaughter.
Speaker 5: Mark Slaughter one of the best ever Up All nights, Sleep all day, Flight of the Angels. I just love that band.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is on my Instagram at Craig Gas Comedy with two s's and Mark I told him the story. Mark laughed about it, and he sent.
Speaker 3: Me a message to send along to you where he explained that it actually was not. According to him, it was not the white stuff that you thought it was. I'm waiting for the Yeah, hold on, here we go, Chris.
Speaker 8: My buddy Kreig Gass told me about the one time he wanted to go backstage to a Slaughter show and you were suspicious about the girl who got the backstage passes because she had white.
Speaker 3: Stuff on her.
Speaker 8: Well, I assure you that at every Slaughter show there is tons of catering.
Speaker 3: So that was Mani's there you go. It made.
Speaker 5: Thank you Craig Slaughter, Craig Gas and Mark Slaughter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that video is at Craig Gas Comedy. Craig Gass with two S's comedy.
Speaker 5: Remember that, Thank you for that.
Speaker 1: That was one of the craziest stories I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: It was like, never forget the idea of having such a cool experience, but going, what did you do to get us into this show like that? Yeah, and the boyfriend didn't put the two and two together. Carry The boyfriend was like, great you met Slaughter. Slaughter by the way, Saws, can I ask you a question? Yeah, because this is the case for me, Maurnie. Maybe this is the case for you as well.
Speaker 7: I just learned about sixty seconds ago that there's a guy in Slaughter whose last name is Slaughter.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that. I don't know that. I just thought that was the name of the band. I didn't know it was Mark Slaughter. I didn't know this was Van Halen or von Jovi.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I didn't know that either. I thought it was Slaughter. Yeah, I thought I thought it was just a clever name. Was he the only one with the last name Slaughter. He is the only one in the band with the last name Slaughter, so it is his band.
Speaker 3: Did not know that. He's great, man, I love that guy. That's cool. How often, uh do you guys have comedians in the studio? Is it maybe four times?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Four five times?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we don't do very often yet.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, yeah, who comes in and really like knocks it out of the party.
Speaker 7: Daniels, d Daniels, Kelsey Cook, Zion Manson.
Speaker 3: We used to have Mary mac On all the time, Tommy Ryman, Well, it's my forgeme. That's about it. Those are kind of like our that's our stable.
Speaker 5: We had what student name tell stories all the time.
Speaker 3: He's a.
Speaker 5: Remember we had him in the one time. He writes books too, He's.
Speaker 3: Uh, Paul Mercuri, Yeah, we have had this writes books. Yeah, you have a comedian come in and just swing and miss.
Speaker 11: Sure about ten minutes ago.
Speaker 3: That's good. You just got slaughtered Marty's stand up comedian. Well, why do you bring it up?
Speaker 1: Because you I love having that conversation with radio friends to say, like, who's your favorite comedians? You had on who's your which comedians come on and just didn't connect with you? And you always hear the same names in both categories. And then everybody has a Tracy Morgan story about how we are Tracy more, how Tracy Morgan tried to like assault somebody in the in the hallway or something.
Speaker 5: The only issue we ever had wasn't with a comedian. When Chips Enough tried to seduce our Carly Zucker on air, Yeah, I was one of the best.
Speaker 3: I know Chips Enough. Yeah you know, yeah, chip Hawk loves Hawk loves I love that band. So when I love eighty stuff, it's the best I love.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For some reason, music musicians have been my biggest supporters and and I've opened for a lot of bands over the years, like Metallica and System of a Down and uh, and then I got in trouble here last time I was in town when I did a show at First Avenue opening for Pantera, Because I did this whole when I opened for a band, I'm too much of a puss to say, hey, I'm a stand up comedian. Here's some jokes, because I just know, like when I opened from Metallica, it don't on me when I got to the venue that everyone hears on coke, like what am I doing here?
Speaker 3: Like this?
Speaker 6: This is like.
Speaker 1: It's a terrible idea to stand up comedy in front of a rock crowd. So I just walked on stage and said, hey, my name's Craig On, Metallica's tour manager.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said, the band has some very important announcements they asked me to read, and all of them were fake. It was just it was all a bunch of cool stuff that's not going to happen, and it gets them to listen.
Speaker 1: And when I did it with Pantera, one of the announcements was you may have heard some rumors and it's true. We are recording our first ever live album right here, and the place was like, yeah.
Speaker 3: So I need your attention.
Speaker 1: There's a proper way to yell on a live album, and they followed every stupid instruction I gave them. But the problem with that was that people who were Pantera fans who read about it on metal websites got upset that Pantera, who was not the original band there was two members who died, was going to do a live album. So all these people got pissed and they started posting.
Speaker 3: Like, screw that guy, screw that.
Speaker 1: You know, all these like metal websites were posting these stories about a employee for Pantera who announced they were doing a live album, and because I was anonymous, I started commenting on all the threads, going, yeah, screw that guy, he's a beat crap and what a way, and I would like reference my jokes.
Speaker 3: Why did it even bring up the size of zech? Well, Genitalia wouldn't have to do. And then Pantera put out a statement saying, no, we're not doing a live album. That was a joke from our buddy Craig Gas and they tagged me in everything. So this mob just came towards me and I was like, oh man, sorry, guys, but like Swifties. Yeah, yeah, they're they're pretty intense.
Speaker 1: Is has Chris done any justice and trying to get you to listen to his music?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, they've they've all they all have downplayed it and poop put it quite a bit. So herm Marnie once came to a show and left early, got on the tour bus and rode all the way to Milwaukee with me one time my shows and then left.
Speaker 3: This is a true story. So he went to see Paul Simon exactly, so to Milwaukee.
Speaker 7: To quote see Chris and then left to go see Paul Simon.
Speaker 3: So essentially got a free ride to Milwaukee to see Paul Simon. Really turned tour bus into an uber.
Speaker 5: It was great, No, it was it was fine. I don't blame I go see Paul Simon as well, and I'm me But before we.
Speaker 1: Get Simon was in another vegae.
Speaker 3: You got it right up there to go to another show that you didn't first.
Speaker 9: I literally did not know Paul Simon was going to be there. And then somebody that was in Hawks fan was like, you know, Paul Simon's there, and I'm like got to go to that. Yeah, And I bought a ticket at the box office and it was like third row.
Speaker 3: It was sweet. I bet it was fine. Yeah, it was better. It was absolutely the right choice. That was not great.
Speaker 7: Remember like the last time you were in town, right, you were like, Corey, come see my show, and I'm like, all right, So you drove me to the New Hope Cinema grill and what did I do?
Speaker 3: I went across town and saw Matt Becker.
Speaker 7: Yeah, dude, don't comedy first out he was He was a killer, killed.
Speaker 3: And killed it, killed it.
Speaker 5: Hey before we get break, because I want to get back. We got to get into sports and you can just hang out and comment as we go. But how did you get a chance to talk to Steve Gleeson?
Speaker 1: I knew Steve Gleeson form my friend Mike, who plays guitar for Pearl Jam. Steve Gleeson did they tell that Pearl Jam story lesson I was here? But yeah, yeah, Mike's been a buddy of mine for over twenty years and Steve Gleason is a huge Pearl Jam fan.
Speaker 3: So I've met him.
Speaker 1: I met him at Mike's house a couple of times, at like barbecues and hangouts and then he has turned out to be one of the funniest people I've ever met in my life. Like, for those of you who don't know, Steve Gleeson used to play for the Saints. He has als did a documentary documenting his his descent into his physical disability. It's it's really crazy and really tough to watch. But now he's raised millions and millions of dollars for people to get the equipment, Like he has to be able to make their lives easy.
Speaker 3: And the guy is just.
Speaker 1: He came to a show of mine, like a couple of years ago, and after the show he said through his little voicebox thing, he said, Craig, that was a great show.
Speaker 3: And I said, oh man, thank you. That's dude. I'm so glad you made it out here. Can I give you a hug?
Speaker 1: And he said, I love hugs, And I went to hug him and he said, not as much as I love Bjason. What I remember he introduced me to some friends. I was backstage at a Pearl Jam consent and he said, hey, Craig, come here and talk to my friends. And I say, and he goes do some impressions for them. I go, hey, and I started doing impressions for them, and he starts saying through his voicebox. Craig's whole family is deaf. That's probably how he got good at impressions. And I said, that's, dude, that is so smart. That is absolutely true. I've always been able to do any voice that I hear because growing up in a deaf family, I couldn't learn how to talk for my family. I learned how to talk by watching TV and copying all the voices I heard on TV. That's why I now do Celebrity Voice, Family Guide, American Dad and Steve Goes. My kids will probably end up sounding like robots.
Speaker 3: Gos was amazing.
Speaker 5: I'm watching this because I watched the interview you did with them on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so his.
Speaker 5: He speaks by looking at letters?
Speaker 3: Is that right? Is that how it? Dude? You know what's crazy?
Speaker 1: Like, there's nuances of being around deaf people that only people who grew up with deaf people can see and understand. He Steve Glease and people with the als use their eyes and look at a keyboard and they move their eyes around to form words. His keyboard was down that day when I was at his house and he had two assistants who one of them sat in front of him and said, look at me, just look at me. Tell me what's going on. And she's she's watching his eyes and she goes, h yep e yeah, he yep, he w wants possible. She's just watching the subtlety of the direction of his eyes and reading a keyboard off his eyeballs.
Speaker 3: It was one of the craziest things I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Gleason has come out to many of my comedy shows, and he's a stellar human being. And side note, I always think it's an interesting asterisk to his story. The single largest donor to all of his als charities is an NFL owner, and it's not the owner of the Saints. It's the owner of the Atlanta Falcons, Arthur Blank sixty five.
Speaker 3: On this website.
Speaker 1: Wow Yeah, And Arthur Blank is far and away the largest donor to all of Steve Leeson's charities.
Speaker 3: He's a stellar human being, amazing He sorry. Greg Gass is here New Hope Cinemagrill.
Speaker 1: When cinema grill this weekend Thursday through Saturday, I'm usually funny cinemagrill dot com.
Speaker 3: I like that place. Sauce just did stand up there like a week. Yeah, how you go? It went well? Yeah?
Speaker 1: How are you like hitting up open mics and stuff like that?
Speaker 3: No, I just do comedy with our other coworker. Yeah, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sometimes it's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes it's well. When it's not good, that's when you become a better comedian.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he's getting great.
Speaker 3: All right. So Martins, I know you're a big You're a big thirty rock fan, right. You like Saturday Night Live? Suh? You've never heard Craig gases Tracy Morgan. Wait until you hear it when we come back. It's infamous Craig gas After this POWERTRAI Morning Shoe on the Fan.
Speaker 5: Welcome back, everybody part Morning Shoe. Here we are, final segment of the show. Today. Marny Gelmer's over there.
Speaker 3: Look at him feeling good? Looking good?
Speaker 8: Marny?
Speaker 5: All right, by when do you work again?
Speaker 11: I have the rest of the week for the Twins, but not tonight because it's exclusively Tuesdays.
Speaker 3: Are on Fox nine. Wow, Mel loves that.
Speaker 11: So it's a Jim Rich production tonight and then I hop back on tomorrow for the rest of the week.
Speaker 5: So spend time with mister mister Shelton. You sure Shelty all the time? Does he ever ask about meat Sauce?
Speaker 11: Yes, he does, and just wants to know when you're coming around and how you been.
Speaker 3: And I've been great. Okay, I'll let him know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So you are working tonight. You said not to not tonight. Do you know who's going to be at the game tonight?
Speaker 3: Uh, Iron Buckston. Nope, he's not even Sauce.
Speaker 7: No, No, bigger name, bigger than Sauce, yes, name wise, not head wise, bigger than that.
Speaker 3: I think like Saturday Night Live, Big Tracy More Twins game ton I watch, I'm gonna be there. I'll be hanging out in the parking lot making pornos. That's crazy. What's happening you? Sexy sexy Tracy, Marny Marny Tracy. I like her. I want to choke her. Somebody you loved them? Yeah, we all do.
Speaker 1: Tracy Morgan certified certifiably insane. I started a show with a musician, Buddy Mine, Chris Kale from oh I introduced.
Speaker 3: You to Chris from five Finger Death Punch. Good dude.
Speaker 1: We have a show now called Uh Beardo and Weirdo. We've already got over fifteen million views on our Instagram reels alone. And we had Horatio Sands and Chris Catan in a couple of days ago, and we were sharing SNL stories and very specifically I wanted to ask them what their experience was, because every time Tracy Morgan was around any social situation with comedians in New York, there would always be one comedian who would look at you and go try to talk to that guy because it was such an odd dude. He just would always talk in euphemisms. And there's actually an urban legend that when Tina Fey pitched him the idea for thirty Rock, she said, have this idea for this comedian that I think he'd be perfect for for this sitcom that I'm writing about, a job at thirty Rock, where he's he's a comedian who the country loves this comedian. They love him. Everybody loves this guy. But what the country doesn't know is that he's crazy. He's certifiably like insane. Do you think you could play that? And the urban as the urban legend goes, Tracy said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could do that. I'm a Jedi, I used to live on Dagoba. I'm personal friends with obi wan Kenobi. What does that mean? Like that's him all the time.
Speaker 1: First time I met Tracy Morgan, I used to write for a Weekend Update at SNL and I saw him in the hallways and I.
Speaker 3: Said, Tracy, hey man, I just want to say hi. My name's Craig. I'm a comedian. I write for Colin down the hall and I just want to say I think you're the funniest guy on the show. And he said yeah, that's crazy, and I go yeah. He goes, what you doing next Friday? And I go what? And he goes next Friday? What you doing next Friday? And I go, I don't know what am I doing. He said, you gonna open up for me at the New York Comedy Club and I was like, WHOA, Really, I would love to do that. Back then, I had no gigs and I was telling everybody I'm opening for Tracy Morgan.
Speaker 1: Get to the show. I do my set. Crowd, thank god was into it. I get off stage. Tracy Morgan is sitting over by the barn and.
Speaker 3: Goes, Craig, what you drinking? And I go, oh, uh, can I have a corona? And he goes, yeah, you could have a Corona. So, how you like this? And I said, how do I like this club? And he said, no, how you like stand up comedy? And I was like, oh I've I'm head over heels and love a stand up comedy. And he said, you gotta be like Bruce Lee and the six foot kick. And I go the what he goes? You don't know about Bruce Lee and a six foot kick? They say when Bruce Lee kick you, you go back six feet. That's why I want people like Tracy, how are you living? I'm like, I'm six foot kicking it. You got six foot kick your way through life? That's the way you got. Was like, what are we talking? I have no idea what we're talking about. Have you guys ever had him in studio? No. I love him.
Speaker 5: I'm a huge fan, but I'm I'm afraid of him. It would be incredible.
Speaker 1: I'm scared to death. I mean, he's just he's just such an unusual guy. He's just such a quirky guy. But but I love hearing Tracy Morgan's stories. So yeah, those guys Catan and Horatio had great stories about him and about hosts and about how weird Christopher Walking is and and uh, all, it's just I'm an SNL fan, so it was neat to have them on.
Speaker 5: But there is no bigger SNL fan than the one beside you there, Marte gmt.
Speaker 3: To be honest, that was the dream, Yeah, very far.
Speaker 1: Well, did you do characters or I had.
Speaker 3: A notebook my senior year in high school.
Speaker 11: I jotted down a couple of ideas and then I lost the notebook.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean wherever that notebook is, So the dream died. Do you know Molly Shannon? I mean like personally? Obviously you know who she is. Do you know her personally?
Speaker 1: I don't know her personally, but I've always really wanted to. I've met her like a couple of times at SNL parties, but I never really like sat down and had a conversation with her.
Speaker 3: She's my all time favorite, yea favorite.
Speaker 7: We tried to We tried to, like go through our entire list of contacts.
Speaker 3: Was that about nine years ago? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Long from my fifteen years ago, and we were trying to we were trying to surprise Marnie, and we tapped on every famous person we knew, and nobody had a direct path to Molly Shannon.
Speaker 5: And she had a book that it just come out as like people were saying you avoid them, like they were telling her not to talk.
Speaker 7: We reached out to her like pr Staff and we're like, hey, we got a gal.
Speaker 3: She's a huge fan. She turned in fifty. We'd love to have Molly Hunter.
Speaker 7: And you know, probably some eighteen year old interns like we're going to pass.
Speaker 3: You didn't even ask her. That is the worst.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: If you asked somebody face to face and pitch them a an interesting idea, you can get that what you want. But it's the people in between that will screw the the.
Speaker 5: Truth, man, they no doubt about it. Ain't that the truth?
Speaker 3: Hey, speaking maybe someday speaking.
Speaker 5: Of Molly Shannon. By the way, I want to be chest because I'm glad you guys brought this up. So I only watched like the first twenty minutes of it last night. There's a new show on I Think Prime with Mark Wahlberg.
Speaker 3: A movie.
Speaker 5: It's got a bunch of stars in it, and it's called Balls Up, and it's about a condom that goes over your nuts and your and your shaft.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I know that sounds ridiculous, but that's what it is. It's about It's an entire show, and it has Mark Wahlberg, all these huge stars and it including the guy who played the Atlantic bomber of the Walter Get these giant stars in it, and Molly Shannon is their boss. The first fifteen minutes she made me laugh out loud twice, really cussing, really really hard.
Speaker 3: Really I haven't seen it. I can't.
Speaker 5: I can't give you thumbs up your thumbs down except for the first fifteen minutes, and I laughed out loud twice because.
Speaker 3: Of them all.
Speaker 6: So you have to know.
Speaker 1: Can I try to help Marnie get on SNL right now?
Speaker 9: Go on?
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, Marnie, I'm gonna teach you. I'm going to teach you the easiest impression in the world.
Speaker 1: I do voices. I've always had a knack for doing voices because I grew up in a deaf family and or as and I know I said this before when I opened from Itallica As Lars Ulrich described it very insensitively because apparently he only heard half my story. He introduced me to his band by saying, Hey, man, this is Craig. This is the guy does all the voices and check it out his whole family is retarded.
Speaker 3: Retarded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Lars Olrich wildly misunderstood my story. But I can teach you how to do a Mark Wahlberg impression. It's really easy, all right. It's it's it's two parts. The first part is you just have to like do heavy breathing. It's because for some reason, he's always out of breath.
Speaker 3: It's just that is half of a perfect Mark Wahlberg impression.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 1: The other half is you have to say a few words at a time, and the words have to be distressful because again, he's always stressed out about something.
Speaker 3: So it's just guys, sious, try that.
Speaker 1: Lord Michaels, you're listening and watching right now here we go.
Speaker 3: God serious, that was Carmen.
Speaker 1: That's a really good Carmen, Lauren Martie, Why did you give.
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 3: Was an interesting choice? He just channeling him. I do that.
Speaker 1: I do that unintentionally with Paul Stanley, when I do my Paul Stanley and Brish.
Speaker 3: And it's like, you know, a lot of people are envious of kids. I'm even envious of kids. I don't know why I can't do it even when I do the there's also on stage Paul Stanley where I've heard him say this on stage in Las Vegas. He said, all people not living.
Speaker 13: You know, I know this town, Las Vegas, Nevada is known for its buffets. And I can tell you right now after this show, I see a lot of.
Speaker 3: People in the front row that I really want to eat. And then he starts fixing his hands. I'm like, what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I saw the same show like three months later in New York, and I brought a bunch of comedians backstage to go to the show. Jeff Ross, Jim Norton and Steve Byrne and anyone that works for Kiss that's walking by. I go, hey, did you hear Paul Stanley on stage in Vegas say he was going to eat the front row? And three different employees said, do you hear what he said in Omaha? And I said no, And He's like, ask him about what happened to Omaha? And apparently in Omaha Paul Stanley gave a stage rapper he said, oh.
Speaker 13: Right, people, now listen, you know I know this town, oh Maha in Nebraska is known for its agus beef, and I can tell you right after this show I'm gonna want to take my teeth into some meat.
Speaker 3: And the whole arena went and then there's a long pause, and he went, not, wait a minute, hold on, hold on, you know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a thigh or a rump roast.
Speaker 1: And the arena went what And apparently the guitar text behind the stage were going, the hell.
Speaker 3: Are you doing? What's going on?
Speaker 1: But yeah, I sometimes will add a lisp to an impression so I won't judge for some reason, For some reason, I don't do it to Mark Wahlberg, but I but people have pointed out that they do a list with other people and trying to think like I think my Tracy has a list.
Speaker 3: Sometimes, Uh, you're walking doesn't. No, walking doesn't. It's because walking sounds like a deaf guy. It's so good. It's so good because his voice has no tone. It's gotten no tone, like a deaf guy.
Speaker 1: Pachino, I can't because Pacino is too low to have a list.
Speaker 6: He's just a guy that's can't look right through you. Oh yeah, who oh? What about your Gene Simmons Gene Simmons from Kiss.
Speaker 3: If you miss any part of this interview, go to kiss online dot com. I'm trying to think.
Speaker 1: I started doing Shaquille O'Neil's podcast, and I do a bunch of voices on his podcast, and the first one I did was like I didn't even want to do the impression. I just I walked in the studio and said, man, I'm so happy to be here. I feel like we're gonna be friends. And crazy story, dude. Last night before you flew me to Atlanta, I was at a comedy club and Adam Sandler walked in and he did a joke about you when he was on stage, and I was like, oh, man, I'm hanging out with that guy. And Shack said, what was the joke? And I was like, oh, I don't. I don't think I should tell you that. He said, what was the joke?
Speaker 3: And I go, well, according to Adam.
Speaker 1: He said, he gave you a role in Grown Ups Too?
Speaker 3: Is that true? And he said, and I go okay. And apparently during the filming there was a break where you Shaquille O'Neal announced to the whole everyone on the set, I'm gonna go take a shower, and Adam Sandler said, that's uh. That's when I knew that, Uh, this is it. This is my chance to see Shaquille Eel's penis. It's not gay, it's not it's not gay. I just I want to be able to tell my kids, Hey, your dad saw something amazing once. So anyway, so the way the story goes is that Adam Sandler sneaks into the shower and all of a sudden, Sequill Neil's bodyguard pops up boom, and Shaquille Neil's bodyguard is even bigger than Shaquill o'neile's big black dude in ball Head, and and Adam goes, oh, man. He goes back out to the set and he's feeling bad because he's now he knows he has to explain to Shaquille O'Neal why he was even in the shower. And Shaq comes back out and he goes, hey, buddy, I know, I know that you heard that I was trying to sneak into the shower. Your bodyguard probably told you I was just trying to look. And he said, I don't have a bodyguardicle yeah, the big black guy. And he goes, nope, that was my penis and saidlor jokes.
Speaker 1: New hope Cinema Grill this weekend Thursday through Saturday, said cinema Grill dot com.
Speaker 12: What are your Family Guy characters? I do celebrity voices on Family Okay okay, and they use me as utility guy to do voices. Though I'll get random voices. They'll say can.
Speaker 3: You match this voice?
Speaker 1: It's it's a voice match audition, which I get all the time for Howard Stern Family Guy.
Speaker 7: And then I'll work on the voice and then I'll aw, long does that take? They give you a name today? How long before you know whether or not you can do it?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I should say this out loud, but the first thing I always say is like, oh, yeah, I can do that. I just I always lie and go I like, I just remember them sending me like Owen Wilson. They're like, hey, can you do oh Wilson. I go, oh, that's like one of my favorite My buddy Hockey and I. Whenever we talk to each other, that's our things we do. We do doing Owen Wilson. But let me ask you a question, when do you need the Owen Wilson audio buy?
Speaker 3: And they'd be like, oh, by next Friday, I'm like, oh, no problem, and then I'll just watch.
Speaker 1: Figure it out, and I'll try to figure out and the way I'll do an impression.
Speaker 3: Oh oh yeah, Owen's like wow, man, I love Owin, Like, yeah, it's it's it's that kind of soft kind of thing. Yes, yeah, dude, Marty, Marty should be opening and New Hope this weekend. What's going on?
Speaker 1: But what I do is, and I feel bad for for a lisp again, I think that's here listening, that's actually a good impression. Well now I'm hearing a weird cartman thing at the end of that. But what I'll do is I'll try to get like a sound and and uh, it's like playing an instrument. You try to figure out your first note. And like with Christopher Walking, I couldn't do anything with Christopher Walking except a little man.
Speaker 3: That was it.
Speaker 1: That's if I did any other words, it didn't sound like him. But I could keep coming back to a little man, and I just kept doing that sound over and over again.
Speaker 3: And then you keep going until you're able to fill out other parts of the canvas and make a full picture. You know, the same thing with Kennison, Sam Kennison all I could do was uh, oh, you bastard, And that was all I could do, was just that giggle and that and then and then slowly I started to figure out some other notes and I finally became the day.
Speaker 1: And it's it's like starting out by the way.
Speaker 3: You know who did one of the greatest in with Sam Kinison was Bob Costas, of all people when he had his later show. I loved that show, Matt.
Speaker 5: That was one of the Bob seeger on one time, still one of my favorite interviews.
Speaker 3: I've ever seen you. Yeah, literally eighty percent or more of the people that Bob Costas interviewed would at some point during the interview go, how'd you know that?
Speaker 1: Like he did unbelievable research.
Speaker 3: So when he said tonight, I'm gonna have Sam Kinnison on, I remember thinking, what does Bob Costas.
Speaker 1: Know about Sam Kinnison? And it blew my mind. When the interview started, Bob said, Sam, I used to watch you back in the early eighties before you were famous, and back then I used to see you at the comedy s tour and your entire act was based on that day's obituaries. And I remember thinking to myself, you know what. This guy's funny, but he's too dark and he's never gonna make it. And Sam Kinnison said, man, that's and he explained the bit. I've never heard this before, but Sam Kinnison said, yeah. I used to go on stage and I would have Today's obituaries with me and I'd walk on stage and go, hey, folks, my name is Sam Kennison. I want to thank you guys for.
Speaker 3: Coming out, thanks for supporting stand up comedy.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you a couple of people you won't be seeing here tonight. And he would just start reading the names like sad people who just died, and go like Astor Goldberg. Now she didn't catch the bus, but apparently if if you want to see her work, it's gonna be on display on Sunday at ever Green Morty. Like my, I know these guys have heard the story before, but my first episode of Family Guy, I genuinely creeped out Seth MacFarlane because I was so excited to meet him that I just I just overdid it. I went in for a recording session. We met up at the studio and the whole recording session lasted like five minutes. It was just it's like Eth.
Speaker 3: MacFarland kept doing one line as Peter Griffin where he kept saying, this is crazier.
Speaker 1: The one al Pacino was a slumlugg Laundroman tenant Hey, and then they cut to me as al Pacino surrounded by a bunch of broken down washers and dryers, going.
Speaker 6: You're out of warder and you're out of water and you're all out of water.
Speaker 1: And we did that three for like three lines, three or four takes, and then Seth goes, all right, man, I think we're good. But I was so nervous because I genuinely thought in my mind that we were going to be friends now because we're working together. I actually have the same insecurity with Chris.
Speaker 3: I'll text Chris during the year and be like, hey, man, good look to your vikings and then nothing like. But I go miss and we do this recording session and I stood up and I was like, uh so, uh you want to hang out or and he goes and Seth McFarlane said, what do you mean hang on?
Speaker 6: And I go.
Speaker 3: To grab a coffee or something, and he goes, I gotta work, And I said, all right, you want me to leave? And he goes, yeah, get the hell out. I grabbed my papers, I walked out, and I was like and then I remember they didn't call me again for like six months, and then Linda, the casting director started calling me and saying.
Speaker 1: Hey, Craig, can you do this voice or this voice? And every time she calls, I can do any voice that you want. I can do any voice that you need. And every time I go back in, Seth McFarlane is never around. It's always this guy Mike Henry, who's the voice of Cleveland and the creepy old guy.
Speaker 3: And every time I see Mike, I go, hey, Mike, is uh Seth around? And every time I see him, he goes, don't worry about Seth. We'll get you out of here. I seen him a girl dot com.
Speaker 5: By the way, I want to make sure we say that again, sen him a girl dot com for tickets. I want to ask you a real question before the show ends, though, because obviously you've been involved in Howard Sterns show for a very long time, and there is as I don't want to put you in a bad spot, but a lawsuit from somebody used to work for him, saying it's a hostile workplace. Well A obviously radio, it's entertainment. A lot of it's hot. But what are your thoughts on that? And have you read about that? And do you think there's likes to stand on here?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were people that sent me links to it, but it struck me as very odd because I don't relate to anything that's being And Plus this woman that made the accusation, she was not an employee of the show. She's an employee of Howard and Beth at their home.
Speaker 3: Oh ok, ok, got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had no idea who the girl was, although I do have to say I worked with Howard in What Was I started in the mid nineties and then I started sitting next to him in two thousand and one. And then when and they wanted me to audition to be Howard's sidekick. They auditioned me and Norm MacDonald, Doug Stanhope, Chappelle came in, Jeff Frost came in. They finally narrowed it down to me, and already they gave Arty the job, and then I just kind of stop. I went on to King of Queens, I did Sex in the City and started doing Family Guy after that, and twenty years later Howard reached out to start working on the show, and there was a whole bunch of people never met before and it was a much bigger production, so there were a lot of people I needed to acquaint myself with that I'd never known before.
Speaker 3: But this woman is part of their personal life. So I don't know anything about that story.
Speaker 1: But that is a weird thing where I always remember there's things that I've said on the air before with Howard that Gary goes, hey, you can't say that on our show, and I'll go, dude, I was on this show in Minnesota last week and I said the exact same story.
Speaker 3: It was fine, he goes, yeah.
Speaker 1: But the problem is is that when they hear it on the Howard Serain show, then people will decide, you know what, I think, I'm offended now and I want to send a lawyer, you know, and because they read twenty million dollars a year and you know they're going for a settlement. And he said, so, so we have to be a little more particular, we have to be a little more careful. So so the learning curve is different. Trying to be funny in that, I mean, there's all these rules about doing prank phone calls and and getting people's permission and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: But so yeah, there you go. Yeah, but dude, you're the best.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you're gonna get money on Sorry Life, which we're all thankful for.
Speaker 7: Make it happen, Thank you said Thursday Friday, Saturday, Thursday Friday Cinema, New.
Speaker 1: Hope, Cinema, Grow and New Hope. If you're a fan of any of the shows I've been on, King of Queen, Sex and The City Family Guy, you will love the show.
Speaker 3: I'm usually funny and I love my mom. I don't know, sorry, but a great combo. Greg, do you have a website as well?
Speaker 1: With two getgas dot com. Get gas with two us dot com and check out the new episode of Beardo and Weirdo where we talk to James from Love on the Spectrum. I love that kid from Love on the Spectrum this week and uh and then a really interesting conversation with Stebo last week from Jackass, who I've gotten in a lot of trouble with together when he got thrown out of the roast Gene Simmons four and you can see the picture on my Instagram.
Speaker 3: He relieved himself. Sure on Danny Bonaducci. It was the cool It's I have the picture. It's on my Instagram.
Speaker 1: It's at craig Gas Comedy at craig Gas Comedy with two s's do we have to dump that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, okay, Marnie, let's end the show like this.
Speaker 7: Craig Gas new host and or Grill Thursday, Friday, Saturday, one more time, just briefly your Mark Wahlberg impression.
Speaker 3: Hey, you forgot. It's a great Marny Gonge. We'll see you Friday.
Speaker 1: And if you missed it, Mark Slaughter actually responded to Hockey story about what happened man when Hockey got to that Slaughter concert years and years ago where that woman emerged with white stuff on her. Mark Slaughter explained what the white stuff was. And you can see that response on my Instagram at craig Gas Comedy with two us.
Speaker 7: What a slow play payoff just decades in the Marning Bye
Speaker 3: I already have a wonder for day