Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six fortys.
Speaker 2: Neil.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's why your TikTok videos really didn't work out, because you're really hot and creative and other people may not know you're hot, but I don't know. I think you're pretty hot. I think you're pretty hot. I think you're pretty hard.
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle, and.
Speaker 2: It is KFI. It's Wednesday. It's a home day.
Speaker 3: Handle Morning Crew on November fifth, the day after the big election which Democrats literally swept across the entire country, and I'm going to talk more about that on at seven o'clock. And as I'm looking to see what happened, I think a couple of major points came out and I'm gonna explore those a little deeper.
Speaker 2: Coming up. One of them that it looks like.
Speaker 3: That Trump wins or Trump people do not go beyond Trump to vote. In other words, he is a singular person and an outlier. It's all of his endorsements mean nothing. What matters to MAGA people is only the president. Okay, that's one takeaway. The other takeaway is there are literally three ways and you need all three to determine how a race is going to go between a Republican and a Democrat, or, in the case of Prop fifty Democratic leaning Prop fifty Republican meeting leaning against. Two things or three things. One pulling straight out polling. The other one is reading the temperature of what the electorate is now, putting your finger in the air and seeing which way the wind is blowing. The third is how often and how strongly does the president say that the election is rigged and it's a scam. And the more he pushes that it's a scam and it's rigged, the more in trouble the Republicans are because that's him reading the wind.
Speaker 2: So it's so we got a lot to talk about.
Speaker 3: So we'll be doing that a little bit later on the post election day.
Speaker 2: All right, quick, hello to one and all. A good morning, Neil.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Willie Wolf Esquire, Yes, sir and Kno, good morning, good morning Bill. And by the way, in terms of Esquire, are you are you surprised I have not been disbarred yet, Neil, Hell's to the yes, Yes, that's true.
Speaker 2: They're actually every Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I have actually been turned into the state bar three times and them to investigate based on the quality of my legal advice for real and the state bar it was hilarious, and they and they have to open up an investigation, and they have to. When someone complains, an investigation is opened up, and then that person or that organization is replied to by a state bar, by a state bar adjuster, if you will, or an individual who deals with this and then says, we have opened up investigation in and then the name of the person and we will inform you.
Speaker 2: As to what happened.
Speaker 3: In all three cases, when the complaint read we are complaining because of a handle's legal advice, the response was what legal advice.
Speaker 2: That answers?
Speaker 4: That doesn't it there They've said that the fore.
Speaker 5: Report has better legal advice.
Speaker 3: Oh? Absolutely, Well, Neil, you're the producer of the Jesus Show. How often have I pitched to give marginal spiritual advice?
Speaker 5: I would let you get near that program, do it now?
Speaker 2: Okay? All right? Will good morning?
Speaker 3: No God, Yeah, it's true. Oh, it's a great story. And then there's Amy good morning, Amy, Hi, And then there is Ann good morning and good morning. Yeah that you know, I don't know if I shared this story with Todd Spitzer, who is a friend of the show and a friend of mine. For the DA of Orange County, was a screener. He started as a screener on Handle on the Law. That was his foray into showbiz. Anyway, we've been friends ever since, and when he ran for county supervisor, he asked me to in fact introduce him to this very conservative Republican religious group of people. And he said, Bill, you know, I'm Jewish, but I really downplay it, you know, I soft pedal it, So would you please please not mention it. I looked at him and just stared at him, and he said I shouldn't have said that, should I? And I went, Nope, absolutely not. So I try to know there's two parts of this story. So I introduced him, Ladies and gentlemen, is my honor to introduce Todd the Jew Spitzer.
Speaker 2: So that was one thing that I did.
Speaker 3: The other thing is, during the course there was a cocktail party kind of thing. I ended up with three nuns who were there arguing whether God existed or not. My position was, there is no God to three nuns. I wish I had recorded that conversation. Okay, the jew Spitzer.
Speaker 6: And King Nuns cry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they actually argued with me. I mean, come on, come on, guys, Yeah, please ask one of them out. That's very funny. That's actually very full.
Speaker 4: Listen, let's just discuss this over a drink. How about we'll go half. How about yeah it's wine, but it's a man of Schevitz.
Speaker 2: Okay, we are that's very funny.
Speaker 3: Actually, all right, guys, we have plenty to talk about today, for sure, So let's start with handle on the news with Amy, Neil and me lead story. Well. Prop fifty past overwhelmingly two to one, and the the only issue was how much was it going to pass by? How much it was going to win by? And two to one is was at the upper upper echelons of the predictions. I don't know if most of the pundits said did not think it was going to go that much or high, So we'll dive into that. Usually I don't ask people how they voted, but I'm going to on this one, and please feel free to say I don't want to tell you, Bill, and I'm not going to ask Amy because I can't. But Neil, I'm guessing you voted no based on the conversations we've had absolutely, okay, but cone.
Speaker 4: But under no no point did I think that that was going to sway?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's like a vote for a Democrat or Republican any presidential in this state.
Speaker 2: I want to know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, fair enough, Kno, how did you vote? If you want to share, you voted no?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 2: Will? How did you vote? Or Will is recording something and thought was a freeway? That's true? Well said, and and you voted yes? Is that true? Okay? I voted, and I voted yes.
Speaker 3: Not only do I believe in jerry mandering, I just like the way the maps look. They're just kind of they look like a very complicated puzzle.
Speaker 6: They're not so complicated.
Speaker 2: They're all blue.
Speaker 3: Uh well yeah, but they're were within the complication. They're you know, one of these things, and they are all blue. I think I don't know how many six congressional districts in the state of California.
Speaker 2: Forty three.
Speaker 6: It's forty three to nine right now, so it'll be forty nine or forty eight to four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's not enough for Democrats.
Speaker 3: And it's not because of the overwhelming number in California California is so blue it doesn't matter. It's replacing a Republican Republican congress person with a Democrat because Republicans have a razor thin majority. And that's what this is about. On both sides. By the way, both sides are doing exactly that. Okay, moving on, and I'll talk more about this at seven am.
Speaker 6: If he can make it there, mom Donnie can make it anywhere, Okay. Democratic socialist Zorn Mandami, thirty four years old, has been elected mayor of New York City. He beat former Governor Andrew Cuomo. It was like fifty points something to forty one point something, and then like seven or eight percent for Curtis Sliwa. Mom Donnie said, last night we are breathing in the air of a city that has been reborn. He said he wishes Andrew Cuomo Cuomo only the best in private life, but let tonight be the final time I utter his name as we turn the page on politics that abandons the many and answers only to the few.
Speaker 3: What do you think is going to happen when he first when he has sworn in, and the first thing he does is sign a declaration changing the color of the flag of New York City to red and they play the Internacional at his inauguration.
Speaker 4: Do you do you remember all the hubub I wasn't alive, but all the hubbub about Kennedy because he was a Catholic.
Speaker 3: Oh God, yes, oh yes, I do that. The poet was going to tell him what to do.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. Uh. He was the first Catholic president that we've had. Uh.
Speaker 6: He wasn't a democratic socialist. Uh no, he was, he was, he was.
Speaker 3: He actually was pretty conservative as as a Democrat.
Speaker 2: He was. He was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was a Cold War warrior. He was not big on civil rights as his brother Robert Kennedy. And Robert Kennedy, who is the dad of the Crazy Man, actually ran the campaign. He ran Kennedy's campaign, And let me tell you how far it went. There was a rally that was going to happen, uh in the basement of a Catholic church, and they canceled the rally because of the fact that it was in a church, in the basement of a church, because of the backlash that was going to happen.
Speaker 2: Straight.
Speaker 5: Oh man, he considered a pretty radical rightist.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, we're a very conservative Democrat.
Speaker 3: Those were the days when Democrats were it was Yeah, the polarization simply didn't exist. Oh. Also, do you know that Kennedy won by maybe one hundred thousand votes across the country almost nothing, And most of those votes he won by were dead people in Cook County cemetery because Richard Bailey Daily, the mayor of Chicago, who was very close to Kennedy's dad in the days of the bootlegging. In any case, after Kennedy won by this hair and you have to give Richard Nixon credit for this one. He could have called for a recount because of the law, and he refused to do it. He goes, I'm not going to put the country through this. That was Richard Dickson.
Speaker 5: Too soon to put him through something else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's what Richard Ninston did. I mean, you have to give him a lot of credit for that. In any case, if you asked, especially after the assassination, how many people voted for Kennedy. Every single person in America voted for Kennedy, they all like, oh, yeah, I voted for them.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, It's like you go to France. You know how many.
Speaker 3: People were after World War Two were in the French Resistance. I was, I was, I was in the French resistance. There were four people in the French resistance. Okay, that was it. So I just wanted to share with you how crazy it has been. So Manai Wins considers himself a social socialist democratic socialist, and I don't think it's going to go that far because sitting behind the desk is a very different animal than going out and campaigning.
Speaker 2: It really is. There's reality that hits all right.
Speaker 4: Okay, so Democrats, as Handel's been saying, and you've heard on the news all morning, victory as Trump blames GOP losses on the shut down, you've got Democrat.
Speaker 2: Craps that was not on purpose.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people think that micrats swept statewide contests in Virginia, New Jersey, here in California and Pennsylvania, even racking up victories maybe in lower profile races across across the board.
Speaker 2: There were an occasional Republican. This was a sweep.
Speaker 4: But yeah, absolutely, to say different would be uh, dishonest. But everybody thinks it's a repudiation of the Trump agenda, which you can't you know, unsee. But I love the fact that Trump said is because he's not on the ballot.
Speaker 2: You know what, I have to tell you. There's validity to that.
Speaker 3: Yes, but that crazy, but that when he's but he's right when he's on the ballot Republicans. When when he's not on the ballot, the Democrats are win.
Speaker 5: There is no Republican party. There's trump Ism.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's basically true. That also is true. So both are not exclusive or not mutually exclusive.
Speaker 6: Amy horrific cargo plane crash happened at Muhammad Ali International Airport in Louisville, Kentucky. A UPS cargo plane was trying to take off on its way to Honolulu, and you could see in video flames on the plane's left wing and a trail of smoke, and then it tried to get off the ground, didn't make it and crashed and exploded into a huge fireball. And now they've just updated it and now it's nine people were killed, three on board because it was a cargo plane, and then another six on the ground.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it never made it past one hundred and seventy five feet in the air. I mean literally just lifted off and then went right into the ground. I was listening to an expert, aviation expert saying yesterday, the size of that fireball was so extraordinary that he thought that it hit a fuel depot, you know, one of those tank areas that are under the ground. He said, that's the only way that this could have been that big of a fireball.
Speaker 4: Well, if you're just lifting off, wouldn't you have full You would, but not to that extent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would, you would, you'd be it'd be very full.
Speaker 3: But again he said, notwithstanding that, all right, we do one more and then we'll take a break.
Speaker 4: All right, more remains, unfortunately or fortunately of Hostages and Gaza have been turned over. I say that because the gruesome reality is there remains. They are now in Israel. It is said by Hamas that they recovered the body of an Israeli soldier there in Gaza, and they handed over the remains. Israel statement did not indicate whether the remains were of a soldier or not.
Speaker 2: At this point, and it's going back and forth.
Speaker 3: Hamas returns remains in Israel, then hands Hamas back remains.
Speaker 2: Bizarre that they keep remains.
Speaker 3: Usually when you have opposing sides, they release the dead to the other side for burial. I mean they are not held as hostages the bodies of soldiers or civilians. I mean, it's really that whole war is crazy over there, completely nuts.
Speaker 6: Sounds like some but he didn't do their homework on this. A series of loopholes quietly negotiated by the insurance industry have neutralized requirements by the state that would have resulted in many homes being covered by traditional insurance companies. That's according to a report by The New York Times. But apparently the New York Times says this rule to keep homeowners insured had all these loopholes in it, and it allowed the insurance companies to cancel insurance policies and also jack up rights.
Speaker 3: Any surprise the insurance industry is that powerful. Any surprise at all?
Speaker 6: Well, shouldn't the insurance Commissioner of California caught these loopholes?
Speaker 2: I think he negotiated those loopholes.
Speaker 6: He says that he was bullied into it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well that doesn't mean he wasn't. That doesn't mean he didn't negotiate them. It just means he was bullied into them, which I don't understand because the insurance negotiator is the one that decides what the rates are going to be so go figure.
Speaker 4: Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy came out just on Tuesday and said that his department may have to close certain parts of the country's airspace next week. Now this is all because of the government shut down, of course, and we've been seeing this escalate as more and more people working for the airport are working for free essentially at this point. So with the shutdown, it would be dishonest to say so, says Duffy, that more risk is not injected into the system and the situation, he says, has four stair traffic controllers to make difficult financial decisions. Some of them are getting second jobs their family.
Speaker 3: This is a risk the Trump administration, I think is taking because they can find money somewhere in the budget. Remember the budget is in the trillions and trillions of dollars. They can move around money they did with this Armed Services, they did with other departments. And this has become a political football of extraordinary levels. And have you seen it's not even this department is closed because of funding.
Speaker 2: It's this department is.
Speaker 3: Closed because the Democrats won't vote to open up the government.
Speaker 2: And that's right in front.
Speaker 3: You can't even believe that the politics of saying this is open, this is closed. And how about the one that said this department is closed due to the duplicitus stabbing back bastard Democrats who won't vote to keep the government open.
Speaker 4: There's two parties, there's two sides, and to be able to blame it on one side or the other, his hasse.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's what's going on with this one.
Speaker 3: And I think the Republican is going to lose on this one because already the Americans are.
Speaker 2: Blaming Republicans for this.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, the optics are horrible.
Speaker 2: Yep, all right, one more before we take a break.
Speaker 6: Uh, let's take a closer look at this one, shall we. The federal judge who's overseeing former FBI Director James Comy's legal challenge to the appointment of Lindsay Halligan as the US Attorney to the Eastern District is telling prosecutors to hand over the transcript of Halligan's presentation to the grand jury that voted to indict Comy. So you'll remember, Comy pleaded not guilty to these charges. The charges were bought, were brought by the grand jury, two charges, and Lindsay Halligan was appointed to cover that because the first person who was supposed to do it didn't want to bring the charges or refused to, and so Trump got rid of her or him and replaced him with Halligan.
Speaker 2: Now, is right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, an indictment by the grand jury is a secret proceeding.
Speaker 2: There was one witness.
Speaker 3: That's quite often that happens based on one witness, and that judge said, I want to see those transcripts, which is very which is very unusual, very And then the whole issue of whether or not she should even take that position because the Senate did not confirm her.
Speaker 2: And this is also a political football.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're gonna we're gonna see three and a half year or three years of.
Speaker 2: This coming up. All right.
Speaker 5: Predatory solicitation. We've heard the story.
Speaker 4: In the La Times about the sexual abuse claims against La City, and those have shed light on something that's going on that they refer to as predatory salespeople who stand out in front of the social services offices and try and use these aggressive I don't know solicitation techniques. I guess to talk to people that are seeking food stamps that cache aid that obviously are going to think through things and woo them to you know, suing or participating in things to make money.
Speaker 3: How double sleazy is this when you take people that are on this level of vulnerability.
Speaker 4: Well, they're not even running after the ambulance at this point, waiting for the ambulance to come to them. So in this particular case, this does tie into the county's sex abuse lawsuit. But also yeah, but just all it like they're saying they're going to build a buffer zone.
Speaker 2: They just don't know how to do it just yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and how far out solicitation, because you can solicit I mean, that's the law.
Speaker 6: Alex is opting out yous. Senator Alex Padilla announced that he will not be running for governor of California next year. There's been speculation about it for months that he might do it, but he said he's not going to and said instead he will focus on countering President Trump's agenda in Congress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that doesn't matter because if he resigns, you have Gavin Newsom was going to just appoint another liberal senator. So I don't get what he is going to do that another senator that the governor would appoint would not do. Now, this is an interesting announcement because what he did is this is a big win for Newsom, big.
Speaker 2: Win for Newsom.
Speaker 3: The number of name recognized politicos in this state on the Democratic side is now dropping, now winnowing down.
Speaker 2: And Newsom put his entire.
Speaker 3: Political he put I think he put a political record, this political future on Prop fifty and he got such a massive win that this thing catapulted him in terms of him will forever.
Speaker 5: He tied to his name like he gets that credit one. Yeah, he does, all right. David Beckham, God bless him.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 4: This guy has nothing going for him, not you know, not very attractive, ugly wife, not talent and all that stuff. But he got knighted. Good for him, knighted by King Charles the Third. He's the of course. The British soccer star retired described this as his proudest moment. Boy did his suit the morning suits, you know, the old school morning.
Speaker 3: His wife made it, That's what the story says. And when he you know, you have to bow down to the king. Did you notice how low he actually bent? Okay, bend it like bend it.
Speaker 2: You got it, thank you.
Speaker 4: It's actually pretty funny.
Speaker 2: That was on get it.
Speaker 6: Accused of a big old end around. Clippers owner Steve Baumer is being sued by eleven investors for allegedly using Aspiration to secretly pay Hawhi Leonard and circumvent the NBA salary cap. So Balmer was added this week as a defendant to an existing civil lawsuit against Aspiration's co founder Joseph Sandberg and several others associated with the now defunct company. They're saying that a twenty eight million dollar deal between Aspiration and Kawhi Leonard helped the team circumvent the salary cap.
Speaker 2: Okay, does anybody care? Hi don't?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Well more and Neil fast right up.
Speaker 4: So sixteen thousand structors, structures we all know burned in the Palisades and eaten fires.
Speaker 2: Very sad to watch.
Speaker 4: While there's a materials company in Canada that called Altech Advanced Materials that they have this wild fire guardian jelsp and it gives ninety percent fire protection for homes. You know, the truth is we have the tech to make fireproof. Oh yeah, you know, extenseake proof if they're expensive and.
Speaker 3: Ugly, but unless your house goes up and smoke, that's not so expensive.
Speaker 2: It is impressive and let me ask the question.
Speaker 3: I had Michael Jackson use this gel during that Pepsi corho.
Speaker 4: I think you would have been okayasured prior running down the street.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good, Okay, we're done, guys, we are finished. This is KFI A M six forty.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 3: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.