Speaker 1: Just like that. It's Thursday morning. I'm in Colorado? Am I coming in? Okay? Oh yeah? Casting check. So I want to find out what if this would have annoyed you guys. So I get off the plane in Denver, I get to the rental car and then there is a Wendy's by the Denver airport, and I usually stop at Wendy so I have a little shnacky snack on the way down to Colorado Springs. So I go to the Wendy's drive through and there's quite a line. It was around lunchtime, and just at the drive through speaker where you order is one of those ten passenger vans and they were probably picking up a bunch, you know, a bunch of skiers or travelers or whatever, one of those ten twelve fourteen passenger vans. And they're there for a long time because I'm figuring, oh god, they're ordering for fourteen people. Joyce, what do you want? Okay, we'll have a double with no cheese and extra Do you want an iced tea with that? Did you want an rays drink? And wait, wait, make that a large fry? And I thought this is going to go on a long time. So I backed out of the drive through line. I was not the I was the last person. The drive room line sat there for probably three minutes without the passenger van moving. So I go inside and I'm not stupid. You guys know that I'm a little bit stupid, but I'm not entirely stupid. So I try to order from you know, they don't they don't have people working in a Wendy's anymore. It's a computer, and you order for the touchscreen. Life ordered for the touch screen a million times, but it was not getting my order right. And then finally when I went to put my credit card in, it wouldn't take my credit card, So I said, screw it, So I left. I went back outside, and this is probably five to ten minutes later. I went back outside. The big ten passenger van was at the window collecting their food. Still ten minutes, ten minutes later. So not that I would have ever said anything, but was it rude or thoughtless for the ten ask in your van to get in the drive through line to order for ten people?
Speaker 2: I would have gone into the Wendy's. Yeah, if you were the driver together, like, how does that work?
Speaker 1: Can you imagine?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we have ten different credit cards.
Speaker 3: Right, imagine that. I do, though, think maybe not even if it's ten, but even if it's like three people and they're all together and they walk up to a counter and they don't know what they want yet, that drives me insane. So the fact that it's ten people who are like, what do you want? Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't know, let me think, hold on, can you give me a second?
Speaker 3: That would have driven me insane.
Speaker 1: I know, you go around the van and so anyway, Yeah, and Susan is the worst. She'll get up to the drive through window and she'll be like, hmmm.
Speaker 2: Absolutely only if there's no one behind me. I say, could you hold.
Speaker 4: On opposite side?
Speaker 5: I don't think you can't hear v O buttons.
Speaker 4: You can't hear me.
Speaker 6: Down and hear him at all?
Speaker 1: David, No, Well, but that's okay. Anyway, we'll work we'll work it out. So we'll work it out anyway. I wanted to bring something up here because I thought it'd be just kind of an interesting thing to do and throw it to you while you're listening to the show We all are. You know, it's a weird, weird time that we're living in where so many people hate each other, and friends are canceling each other, and people are this, and people are and we don't talk about it on our show because we figure we are the relief from that. You'll hear none of that on our show in any form because we don't do that. We are the balm to that. And I hope you recognize that, and I hope that I hope that you like that. But I want to ask you something. As much as we complain about you know this and this and this and oh my god and Nick Ragua, you know, I throw out a random country, what do you love about living in twenty twenty six? I'll go first, door Dad, what do you love about living in twenty twenty six? You can get on your phone. You don't even have to move your fat pimply butt off the couch and you can be like you guys want to get Jimmy johnsh okay or Logos Tacos. You want to get Logos Tacos? Okay? A doop doop doop deep doop stop. Our dasher is on his way and that and door Dash. It is an amazing thing to be alive in twenty twenty six. Because of door Dash Jenny, why do you love being alive in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 6: I really enjoy the fact that I can just make any kind of appointment that I need online. I just like love that I don't have to call someone wait on hold. I mean sometimes you do, I understand that, but for the most part, you can just go online and schedule your doctor appointment, schedule your spray tan, whatever it is, and it's like at your own convenience.
Speaker 1: That's great. It's true online, Okay.
Speaker 2: Bailey, Yeah, I think TikTok.
Speaker 3: I really do like TikTok because you get to like learn stuff and it feels like you're in a community even when you're not necessarily seeing those fok in real life. So I really do like TikTok.
Speaker 1: So TikTok, and you don't have to translate for Vaughn because I can't hear Von.
Speaker 4: David oh, v Hey, David, Hey Hey.
Speaker 5: I think it's crazy that we have everything in our phones, like it's we can watch TV on our phones, which is used used to have to sit and wait until seven pm on a Thursday to watch Wizard's Waverley plays. I think your debit card being on your phone. I think you being able to just scan your plane ticket that you used to have to print out on your phone.
Speaker 4: It's just so convenient and so nuts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do like being able to pay for stuff like with my phone because I have to pay right well the first second, like I got tapped to pay on my phone. It like changed going on walks for me because I'd go on walks, I'd pass like the Bubble Tea place and I'd be like, dang, wish I had put my credit card in my pocket, And now I'm like, wait, my credit card's on my phone, So tap.
Speaker 2: Bubble Tea for me.
Speaker 1: So in twenty twenty six, here's some great things that we love to be alive in twenty twenty six door dash, making appointments on your phone TikTok, and then being able to watch anything on your phone. Wizards of Waverley Place is on demand whenever you want to watch those stuffs. So what about you as your listening to the show. I know you get a lot of stuff going on. It's Thursday, and you got things, and you got to brush your teeth and put the dog out. The dog pooped on the carpet again. But what is great about being alive in twenty twenty six, send me a text at KDWB one five three nine two one. I'll give you one thing that's great. Radio is right there. It's free, it's live, and it's local. It is guaranteed human on the Dave Ryan Show. I can't founch for some of the other stations, but here are guaranteed human. We're not recorded, and we're live right now, and we got Dave's Dirt for you. Also coming up next, another wonderful thing about being alive in twenty twenty six, Dave's Dirt on KADIEWB. Timothy Bussfield played Poindexter in Revenge of the Nerds. He was also in a little Big League filmed here, and he was also in the West Wing. Some other things. You probably heard about the allegations. First of all, there was two I think eleven year old boys that worked on a show of his that claimed there was a pattern of sexual misconduct and abuse. He strongly denied it, and we stayed away from the story until it developed more. We didn't talk about it yesterday, but there's a big development today that we kind of really, you know, we should not avoid it. There's now a twenty five year old woman who claims that when she was sixteen or no, it is a twenty five year old abuse claim. So twenty five years ago, a sixteen year old girl claimed that she was auditioning for a theater role that he was directing and he was sexually abusive. They arrested him. He is being detained and he will be held without bond until his until his trial because of documented patterns of sexual misconduct. So it is discussing. It's shocking. It's like you just can never figure out why, you know, it just so many different reasons. So this is kind of a sad thing. In Hollywood.
Speaker 4: There was an episode.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there's plenty of shows or movies and stuff that he was on, but you know, I love Law and Order. They pulled one of the episodes where he was like a big guest start. They were like, yeah, we're never airing that again. Yeah, I'm sure, so disgusting.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 6: Nicki Glazer was once the babysitter for the One and Only Judd Appattah. Apparently he revealed on the stage that she watched his daughters one time. And this is back in like two thousand and seven and Nikki said that she thinks she got about like thirty five or forty bucks an hour. Geez which gee you say geez to that? Yeah, except for this man could have afforded quite a bit. Well, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 7: He was at the height of his Hollywood power at this knocked up fame right like, this was in the middle of him producing the forty year old Virgin Talladega Knights, knocked Up Super Bad all that.
Speaker 2: So it's like thirty five to forty dollars is kind of a drop in the bucket. Yeah, I got ten, maybe maybe six? Yeah, exactly, was like who the money? Nice?
Speaker 3: Brina Carpenter is going to start in her very first Super Bowl ad with Pringles this year.
Speaker 8: Here it comes, he loves Me not, he loves me? He loves me not, he loves me.
Speaker 3: So she's holding a flower made of Pringles doing the loves me loves me not, and then she.
Speaker 2: Eats one at the end.
Speaker 5: I know we talked about this yesterday, but isn't it crazy how we're watching Super Bowl commercials weeks ahead of time?
Speaker 2: I know, I think that kind of.
Speaker 3: Ruins them a little bit, like we shouldn't be seeing them until the Super Bowl right.
Speaker 5: In my humble opinion, I'm excited Euphoria Season three is finally going to be hours. It's been I think four years since the last season. We have a little clip of the trailer a.
Speaker 9: Few years after high school. I don't know if life was exactly what I wished somehow for the first time beginning to have faith.
Speaker 5: If you're part of the Euphoria universe, this is five years. This season is five years after the last season in real life too.
Speaker 3: Actually, I know we just gave a stranger things so much flak for having so much time in between. I feel like it's been eighteen years since the last Euphoria.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Zeya is her character who was going to be fleeing the country or like on the run. And then Nate and Cassie are married, but Cassie's doing only fans.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to come out in April.
Speaker 2: What I swear?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Jodie Foster says that she didn't suffer the kind of abuse a lot of child starts did because she and she knows why. It's because she was nominated for an Oscar for the movie Taxi Driver when she was just twelve years old. She said, anybody who's in the workplace had Anybody who's in the workplace has had misogynistic microaggressions. That's just a part of being a woman, right. But what kept me from having those bad experiences. I had a lot of power by the time I was twelve years old. I mean, it's true she had her first OSCAR nomination. I was part of a different category of people that had power, and I was too dangerous to touch. I could have ruined people's careers or I could have called uncle. So I wasn't on the block. She said, it might have just been my personality, or that I'm a head first person, approached the world the head first way. It's very difficult to emotionally manipulate me. Really happy to hear because I think there's a lot of stories from like I think Judy Garland when she was young, she was molested abused, because you know, back then that was just part of the deal. I don't know. It's horrible to say, but Jodi Foster was not subject to that.
Speaker 6: Bravo is going to celebrate the Real Housewives franchise it's turning twenty with a special series. Apparently they're doing the Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip. Now, The Real Housewives of Orange County premiered back in March of two thousand and six. I cannot believe these shows have been on that long, but people love them. And Anni Cohen revealed the seven past and and cast members who will star in it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna get most.
Speaker 6: I'm not gonna say all of these, but some of the famous ones are like Kyle Richards, Teresa I don't know, Dave, do you not, yep, Countess Luanne de Less, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I'm I'm just murdering these.
Speaker 1: Well, the important thing is Niini Leeks. Well, you see, Nini was my favorite one, Yeah, from Real Housewives Atlanta fan fanite. She's a fan favorite. But she is not going to be on this, like you know, Girls Trip, but she'll make a cameo or two. So thank god for Niini Leeks. I know.
Speaker 2: So Tiana Taylor Vaughan, can you explain who that is?
Speaker 4: She was in one battle through another with with Leonardo.
Speaker 1: She was the really pretty one and she won the Golden Globe the other night.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, okay, so she is explaining why she's got this like close little friendship with Leonardo DiCaprio.
Speaker 2: I always hope.
Speaker 10: People make so much more sense when I tell a story about us first meeting each other and we chewing a gum and we like, you know, eat chewing his gumming. I'm sure my gum like it's just it was just he's a he's a good time.
Speaker 2: Like that is really my family.
Speaker 3: I've seen so many clips now of those two like talking to each other, and then people are like evaluating their like lips and figuring out what they're saying to each other. And I'm like, I don't know who this woman is, but I love I love her and I love her like back and forth is so cute.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that movie won a lot, and she won a specific one just herself, and I loved her speech.
Speaker 2: She was really really good too.
Speaker 5: Last night's episode of The Masked, singer Tiffany Hattish was revealed to be one of the characters, and her and Nick Cannon just had a funny ass back and.
Speaker 4: Forth awarding come in.
Speaker 2: I wanted to win.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Now, I would like for you to be more a part of my life. Look more permanent. I hear you got good swimmers.
Speaker 10: Man, probably the silliest but the most successful, most successful and the most fun loving character we've ever had.
Speaker 2: A mass finger, I thought you was talking about your feature. That'd be Mama me. That's so silly, road silly.
Speaker 4: I'm serious.
Speaker 11: I'm like, n.
Speaker 2: That's such an awkward thing to say.
Speaker 5: Thought it was funny. If you know Kiffity had its. She is so just upfront like that.
Speaker 12: I realize that's probably her, but I'm like, oh gosh, I like her little character though she's like a pink, I don't know, like some kind of rodent, a furmass singer.
Speaker 1: Love that adorable? All right, that's the dirt on kdubub. And we do we get any text messages? A while ago we were talking about why do you love? We're talking about how you nobody complains about being alive and or twenty twenty six sucks at this time of society sucks. But we said, what's great about being alive? In twenty twenty six? And I've not been able to access text messaging, Bailey, do you see any that came in?
Speaker 3: Or no? This one says I'm nine hundred and ninety five days alcohol free and I've lost two hundred and forty pounds.
Speaker 4: Though, wow, there's another one it says I love FaceTime.
Speaker 5: It's made it so much easier to be halfway across the country from my family. My young niece and neph you know who I am because of FaceTime, even though I've only seen them in person a couple of times. I can also see my daughters in college across the state, which means everything to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone else's say pee hub, but I feel like goes without saying, Dave. It's a gift that keeps on giving.
Speaker 1: It sure does. Clark. Okay, we'll be back with your sing along song of the day in a moment. If you want to sing along with something, let's crank something up on the radio so you can sing along with it while you're you know, turn it up while you're in the shower, turn it up while you're making breakfast, while you're folding laundry, getting the kids ready. What do you want to sing along with? We'll do it next on Katie would you eat? But we need a suggestion, so text what you'd like to sing along with? Two are short code. It's a text number. It's five three nine two one. It spells out kd WB one. Text it in. We'll play it next on KDWB, requesting sing along song of the day. Everybody's saying good morning to D good morning money. It was bobbing good morning, I D, what do you want to hear? On the sing along song of the day.
Speaker 11: I was thinking get Jicky with it. I didn't know if Will Smith was still a canceled or not.
Speaker 1: So No, Will Smith did something stupid and wrong, but he didn't do anything disgusting. That would be Chris Brown. Chris Brown did something disgusting. Yeah, so he's not allowed on our show, even though the station plays on an other day. Parts not us though we will never play Chris Brown on the show again. I pledge to you. However, we remember when Will Smith was delightful? Deed, do you remember when Will Smith was delightful?
Speaker 3: I loved Will Smith when he was delightful.
Speaker 12: There was the Wow.
Speaker 4: Wow West when I roll into the Wow Wow West.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, he was my favorite interview ever. He was so nice and I learned something from Will. He stood right where Jenny usually sits and and he called me Dave, And I thought, here is a celebrity that Will doesn't have any responsibility for remembering my name. But Will Smith remembered my name. He's like, well, Dave wild wild West was kind of a mistake. All right, d We're gonna play it for you. Have a great day, Thanks for calling in.
Speaker 11: Bye, thank you bye.
Speaker 1: I saw on the news last night that knitting is becoming kind of a I know, so craze is the word, but knitting, bird watching, crocheting, stamp collecting, coin collecting are getting back their popularity because people realize that most of their hobbies take place on screens, like, well, what do you do? You will do a lot of TikTok Oh, well, your follow influencers. Oh so you do this, you play a game and bird And I'm not talking about old people. I mean, yeah, your mom loves knitting, but there's a lot of young people that are getting into knitting and crocheting and make fun of me forward for years. Bird watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have a friends who's like bird tours, like professionally, and he's like, business is booming really well, like bird watching, the business is booming, business is booming, baby for bird watching. But yeah, no, I love that. I've seen like a handful of like TikTok's and Instagram posts or whatever about people saying that they want to go analog for twenty twenty six and that we're like slowly moving back towards like an analog life because people are getting kind of burnt out and sick of their phones.
Speaker 4: Which I'd love.
Speaker 5: I'd love kids to go back outside some of the I think my generation was the last generation where you know, we transition from going outside to play kickball to being in side watching the screens. And man, I have such great memories is playing Manhunt and kickball with my friends outside right back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I saw this.
Speaker 3: Sorry I keep saying bringing up things I've seen, but I saw this other article the other day about this like group of moms that all had like young girls that were probably like from eight to twelve years old, and instead of getting them all phones, they got them all landlines so that these girls could go and like talk to each other on the phone. And they said that it like brought so much joy to these girls because they would hear their phone ring and they'd be like, oh, which one of my friends is it gonna be, and they like, you know, run over, get on the landline. It was one of them landlines with a freaking chord.
Speaker 2: Cord with a cord.
Speaker 1: That is so cool. Yeah, that's so cute that that is very cool. One more story for you. Instead of fighting a losing battle with shampoos and sprays and hymns and strategic cats, more and more men are choosing to bald max, which is embracing hair loss by shaving it all off. The idea is that there's this psychological stress of hiding the receip hairline. It's more painful than just being bald, so guys are leaning into it. I don't think this is really new. I know a lot of good looking guys that are like completely shaved, and they like, you know, they maybe have a beard or a mustache or whatever, but they're completely shaped and they report a massive boost and self esteem. They say it is liberating to no longer monitor their reflection in every window. And I know some people here that I'm not going to name that are balding, and they're lovely people, but I know they're very self conscious about it and they usually hide it with a hat.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know one guy, a radio guy who had to pay for a while.
Speaker 5: I was so surprised when you told me that, because I met that person and I didn't catch it at all.
Speaker 2: Oh, it must have been a nice two pet.
Speaker 1: Yeah that either Kevin Ralston. Yeah, well, no, he's very open about it. He's it. No, no, no, he's a radio friend of mine. As a matter of fact, the reason he got into radio is he came by one of our live radio broadcasts when I was like twenty four years old, and he's like, man, I want to have been radio is like eight years old or twelve years old. Whatever. So now he's a big deal in Florida and he was losing his hair, and so he went out and he got a serious like you know, many thousands of dollars two pay and it looks completely natural. Yeah, and he's so open about it. He even showed how like, you know, every few months, you got to have it, you know, refit because your hair grows a little bit under the two pay. So they have it, they peel it off, They literally glue it back on so you can go swimming and you can take a shower, and you can have your love pull on it and that type of thing.
Speaker 5: How crazy would it be if I came in and I pulled off the two pey?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't, but I wouldn't. No, I'd believe it. Your hair kind of looks like a hat.
Speaker 1: Lovly, Okay, you can't believe you said that about your hair. It looks like a hat.
Speaker 11: Yeah, oh god.
Speaker 5: I didn't know how to respond as much as she didn't know how to respond to me.
Speaker 1: Right, that's you can't make this up. Brought to you by Jenny, brought you bry Leo, a.
Speaker 2: Real estate agent. Give them a call.
Speaker 6: They do have price commissions and so you're gonna get a hot deal if you're working with those guys.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll be back in a second with something that Bailey doesn't want to do on Facebook. And you would think that anybody would be so happy to do this on Facebook. She doesn't want to, and I want to see if you feel the same way. It's coming up next on you Can't make this stuff up? Or actually on KWB. Text us if there's anything we can do a birthday shout out or anything like that, text us at KDWB one. I think I did have a shout out somewhere here. Yeah, happy twenty eighth birthday. Shout out to Carly. Yeah, happy twenty eighth birthday. We'll be right back