Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Dad.
Speaker 4: You have to fight off being satisfied.
Speaker 1: Your free game look at the back to back World Champion Dodgers is brought to you by Alignment Health Plan. Welcome to a new era of AG spectrum and by your so called Chevy dealers. Together, let's try now your pregame host of the World Champion La Dodgers tam Cats.
Speaker 4: Hi everybody, and good morning.
Speaker 6: Welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Wednesday, May six, twenty six, as you're back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers wrap up this road trip in Houston after dropping two of three in Saint Louis over the weekend. The Dodgers now play in the rubber game with this three game series against the Astros. Dodgers won the series opener on Monday, fell last night to the Houston Astros, and today back at it, looking to head home on a winning note. Tyler Glass now on the mount, first pitch coming up at eleven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to and not a lot of times, So we're gonna be off and running here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, where we're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. We also here from Dodger catcher Will Smith. David vas Say, our Dodger insider joins us throughout the hour. Kirston Watson from Sports and at LA will join us. In just a little bit, we'll hear from Charlie Steiner. We got your Dodgers magical moment. In a few minutes, we will head out to the gallupin Ford Broadcast booth and check in with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday. Well, yesterday was Otani day, but just O'tani the pitcher. He did not serve as a hitter. Instead, Dalton Russian was a designated hitter as Dave Robert to let to go with shoey Otani as just the pitcher on the mount, and he was really good pitch deep into the game longest outing as a Dodger seven innings. He allowed two runs on four hits, struck out eight, did not walk a batter. His sweeper was nasty. Yesterday he threw eighty nine pitches. His era still sub one on this season, but got himself into a little trouble against Dodger Killer.
Speaker 2: Christian Walker has twenty nine career home runs against Los Angeles, most of those, if not all of them, coming when he was with the Diamondbacks. But he's got another one here as he just absolutely unloads on a Soheil Tani fastball. He ambushes him, hits it out of the back end of the Crawford Boxers. It's one nothing.
Speaker 4: Houston.
Speaker 2: His thirtieth home run in his career against the Dodgers, the most he's had against any other.
Speaker 6: Team, whether as a Diamondbacker now as an Astro, Christian Walker loves seeing Dodger Blue. Thirtieth career home run against the Dodgers a solo shot in the second. The Astros went deep again off Otani in the bottom half of the third inning, but that was it. Damage limited just to the two runs. He struck out eight over seven innings. Meanwhile, the Dodgers offense just couldn't together any back to back hits. There were one for eight with runners in scoring position. They stranded eight runners in the game. The long run they scored came in the eighth from former aster Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 2: One ball, two strikes to the Dodger right fielder. With pitch these wings lines up to right field toward the corner. Kyle's gonna round third, He'll score, and Kyle Tucker with a two out run scoring single Dodgers on the board.
Speaker 4: It's two to one.
Speaker 6: Kyle Tucker delivers with the RBI singled to right. Kyle Tucker having himself a nice little road trip, he had the only Dodger RBI of the game yesterday, as the Dodgers again had traffic on the base, bats six hits, four walks, zero for or one for eight with runners in scoring position. As showy Otani the victim of zero run supportay as he gets tagged with the loss. He is now two and two on this season. The ERRA still sub one is zero point nine to seven. Dodgers fall to twenty two and fourteen overall of this season and today a much needed win in Houston to win this series and to come back on a five hundred road trip before starting a homestown on Friday. Tyler Glass now just demand to be on the mound first pitch at eleven ten and with more we head out to the gaalpin Ford broadcast booth as we say good morning to Tim Nevertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 4: Guys, Tim, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Rufe closed again for the third straight day as the Dodgers and Astros get set for the rubber game of this three game series. Astros fifteen and twenty two after last night's two to one victory over the Dodgers. Dodgers twenty two and fourteen, still sitting on top of the National League Western Division by half a game over the Padres, who came back and beat the Giants last night. Dodgers have lost five of the last seven. They are homerless in six of their last seven games. They hope to turn things around today. Hey, yesterday, No, they just didn't hit the fastball. Dave Roberts talked about a little while ago, and when you have a pitcher throwing a fastball, it's not getting hit. He's not afraid to keep throwing more fastball.
Speaker 7: No, And if you're looking at the pitches, if you're gonna diagram, which is the easiest to hit? Nothing is easy here, but which is easier because it's not moving all that much? He doesn't have that spin would be the fastball, but not the case. Andy Biz was.
Speaker 8: Three for four.
Speaker 7: The rest of the team combined just three for twenty eight. That's a one oh seven average. And here's the other caveat The Dodgers have to break the habit that they've had now on this road trip in the five games, taking themselves out of innings and opportunities, they've hit into eleven double plays in the last five games.
Speaker 2: Showy Otani back in the lineup at the top of the order. Dave Roberts said he wasn't going to give him two straight days off with the day off tomorrow, but with Otani at the top of the order, he feels they have a much better lineup. And Otani pitched extremely well last night. Dodgers didn't get him and he runs and he suffered his second straight loss. But today he is trying to break out of an zero for seventeen skit. He does not have a hit on this road.
Speaker 7: Trip, but I think the swings have gotten a little bit better over each the last two games. Who've seen him as a hitter. One of the things that we're pointing out is that he's been pulling off the ball. His weight has been on his right heel, that's his front foot, and if he goes up the middle bit more often, he's staying on the ball much much better. So hopefully it's.
Speaker 8: Going to be a turnaround.
Speaker 7: Freddie Freeman batting right behind him, five game hitting streak in on this road trip. Freeman really starting to kind of balloon up. He is hitting over three point sixty on this trip, but the rest of the club is kind of hit and miss other than Freeman and Piez.
Speaker 2: For the Astros, they got terrible news today is they're starting short stuff. Carlos Correa will have to undergo surgery. A left ankle tendon tear happened in the batting cage yesterday. He said he heard something pop on a swing. He was in the lineup yesterday and right before the game the Astros had to make a lineup change. He was out and now he's going to be out for the remainder of the season.
Speaker 7: Well, what's the count now? Fifteen on the injured list for the Houston Astros. I mean they cannot catch a break at all. And meanwhile, they're fifteen and twenty two. They're a five hundred team at home. The Dodgers have to take care of their own business, and it's the old story. The Dodgers would love to have a happy flight back to Los Angeles.
Speaker 2: So the Astros and the Dodgers getting set for this final game of this three game set, in the last game of this six game road trip, will you send it back to you Tim?
Speaker 6: All right, thank you guys, as we count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, what are you doing for lunch? How about getting your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Sounds pretty good, Huh. Order your Shaky's Pizza shackin emojos at Shakys dot com. Coming up here on Marago Casino, Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from manager Dave Robert David Vase goes one on one with Dodger catcher Will Smith has got a very funny event coming up tomorrow night in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 4: Deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: But up next your Otani rewind ann we visit with sports and at LA's Kirsten Watson. That's all coming up as we lead you up to first pitch from Houston on this Wednesday Dodgers and Astros.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kates.
Speaker 6: Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio nowhere.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Leading you up to Dodgers and Astros on this Wednesday rubber game of this three game Saturday is but the first two Tyler Glass Now Lance McCullers Junior. The pitching matchup, first pitching Houston coming up at eleven ten.
Speaker 2: This is the Otani Rewinde Well two days, never shy about swinging the back, but he has missed time to fastballs. Now the next pitch, swing on it man strike three, got him with another fastball, tripled up on it. R Don Alvarez on deck one, two pitch waving on men, strike three on a ball that was four feet outside. Thank you very much to Jose al Twove for guest hitting, and he strikes out for the second time on a sweeper that.
Speaker 4: Was way off the plate.
Speaker 1: He had no chance.
Speaker 6: Yeah, show hey Otani yesterday the picture absolutely getting after Jose All two ve yesterday, striking him out a couple of times. That sweeper was nowhere near the strike zone and he had all two v absolutely fooled with the strikeout. Unfortunately, show hey Otani would go the seven innings, two runs, four hits, strikeout eight, no walks, but the two solo home runs enough damage against the Dodgers right hander as the Dodgers offense just couldn't get anything going except for the Kyle Tucker RBI single in the eighth as the Astros winning two to one.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hen Kerson now joins this line from Houston, brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donating today and your car can be picked up tomorrow. That easy donat now at Carsfrokids dot org.
Speaker 4: That's cars with a K.
Speaker 6: Well last night, after going seven innings, striking out eight, but getting tagged with the laws, show hey Otani, the hitter back in the lineup.
Speaker 9: Today, back in the lineup, and look, obviously he didn't hit yesterday, and the doctors have made it clear that they are trying to find ways to manage him early. They do believe that some of these offensive struggles he's been dealing with. Look, he's in his last five games, he is zero for seventeen, and so he obviously took VP when the team first got here, did some early work. So it's clear he's working through a few things at the plate. He even shared last night he believes that it's something that has to do with his posture.
Speaker 1: He believes that that's if.
Speaker 9: He can kind of get his upper half in a good spot, then he should be able to get.
Speaker 1: Back on track.
Speaker 9: And so he's actively working through that. But you know, with trying to manage what Dave Roberts has shared as could be early fatigue just with him getting back to his two way. He had brought up that, you know, everything's on the table. That's you know what we saw yesterday, having him not hit while he's pitching. That's potentially giving him the off day a day after he starts. Obviously, when you look at what the schedule is for this team, whether it's today moving forward, they have an early game today, there's a team off day tomorrow and then they have a three game series with the Braves. So the question was, you know, was it under consideration to have him not in the lineup, and he said, you know, there's off day tomorrow and obviously, you know show Hey, he's an MVP player. He is so talented and ultimately this team is better when he is in the lineup. So they are in a situation they do want to end not only the series with a win, but en this road trip with a high note in which they could go three and three if they could pick up the win today. So it's really just more of where's his lineup when it's at its best, and if they can have him out there, he feels good, he feels ready, and hopefully he can you know, set the tone and see some results from what he's been working looking on, because I know that would feel good for him as well.
Speaker 6: One positive is reinforcements are coming. In the case of Brock Stewart, he's there.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So Brock was activated this morning, so he is here and he's been here the last few days just kind of being around the clubhouse. But for Brock, he told us obviously when he came over at the trade deadline last year. He wanted to be that guy who could go in and be support. Obviously, the team brought him here for a reason. When he started feeling kind of some irritation inflemation and his shoulder, realized he needed surgery, immediately had it and now he feels like he's in a really good spot this year. And you know what, he's going to be the first of a few guys to be returning. So we've got two others who were actually three others I should say that are on their rehab assignments right now. Blake Snell only has one more outing, which is going to be this weekend, and then his next one we'll be back with the team. So then you've got Key k Hernandez he started his rehab assignment and Bruce Dark Graderle is on his rehab assignment. For Bruce ar he's still got a couple more weeks, say, with Kei k they want to get him built up into a position where you know, he can be playing full game things like that. But you've got other guys, whether it's Spooky Betts taking part in a live BP that's going to be on Thursday back at Dodger stadium. So guys are working their way back, and even Brock was telling me, you know, there's a lot of excitement and there's a lot of energy because there's so much talent that's not only already here, but so much talent that's on the way. And they have big goals for twenty twenty six, and so it's all starting to really come together for them.
Speaker 6: Well, hopefully the Dodgers can get together today and win this series in Houston.
Speaker 4: Kirston, we appreciate it.
Speaker 6: We'll check with you after the game is still they come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We'll check it with David vast Day. Of course, throughout the hour we'll hear from Charlie Steiner as well. But up next we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. Leading up to Dodgers and Astros on this Wednesday first pitch at eleven ten. I'm Tim Kase's the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue.
Speaker 6: All season logo Casino Dodgers on Decontinius on the Wednesday morning. Thanks for being with us as we leads up to Dodgers and Astros from Houston, Texas, Morongo Casino Resort and spat Grand Slam for good times. Tyler Glass now the big right hander on the mound for the Blue. Lance mccullors Junior. We'll go for the Astros. First pitch coming up at eleven ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Injury report presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Finally some good news on the injury front. Brock Stewart activated off the IL. He'll be in the Dodgers' bullpen and available. Could come out and help out. Dave Roberts today. Bruce Dargraderolt trending in the right direction. He's in Triple A on a minor league rehabit. Sigmon Key k Hernandez was in Oklahoma City last night with the Triple A team getting some action. Finally some baseball activities. Mookie Betts training in the right direction. As you heard from Kirston Edwin Diaz recovering from elbow surgery. Tommy Edmund a little bit longer than expected as a recovery coming back from that off season ankle surgery. Let's head back out to Houston and get the pregame thought to the Dodger skipper.
Speaker 8: Questions for Dave, Dave, can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think obviously it starts with Tyler to go out there and do what he's been doing. Us to play good defense behind him, and I think it's, uh, we'll shoot me. I think it's more of like with the offensive side, it's you know, mccollor's is heavy spin. Uh, you know, the curveball is his pitch. He's a guy that can strike it, shortened it, and it's imperative for us to stay in.
Speaker 8: The hitting zone.
Speaker 10: He's a guy that doesn't give in, and uh, it's gonna be a little bit of a challenge, but I think that we just gotta for me, it's just kind of get the ball up and wait for some mistakes. But veteran pitcher, we've seen him a lot of guys that these guys have seen them, so we just got to have good at bats against him.
Speaker 6: Yes, all right, there's the man Dave Roberts talking about Lance mcauller's junior who they're facing today and the Dodgers offense needing to string together batter at bats today in this series finale. Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We check in with the David Vans as we lead you up to first pitch from Houston Dodgers and Astros.
Speaker 4: I'm Tim Kates'. Is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Nework.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Astros on this Wednesday, final game in this three games, head final game of this road trip for the Dodgers head home this weekend Tyler Glass down the Mountain. Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Alpoto, born in LA and made for your game day. Al Poto brings authentic Mexican styles, tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces.
Speaker 4: Right to your plate, El Poto Gourmet and the.
Speaker 1: Can joining Tim Cake Son Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 4: All right, DV here we are final game of this three game set.
Speaker 6: How badly do you think the Dodgers need Mooky Betts back right now?
Speaker 4: Maybe just for the offense. I guess right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know it's interesting, Tim, nobody has brought up Mooky Bets, and I think we've all forgotten how good Mooki Bets can be when he is the guy that we have seen be one of the best leadoff hitters in the game of baseball. I know last year was an anomaly, he was not Mooky Betts, but the year before he was on his way to winning the MVP before a pitch broke his hand. And the Dodgers' right handed hitters Tim have been struggling mightily against left handed pitching. And we're talking about guys named Taoskar, Hernandez and Will Smith who traditionally have murdered left handed pitching. Taoscar last year, for some reason, was not goodgainst left handed pitching, and that's the original reason why the Dodgers signed him before the twenty fourth season, when he mashed against left handed pitching. But if you look at right handers, Dodger right handers this year against left handed pitching, they have a seven to forty ops and have only hit two home runs, and that's come from Andy Pajez and Miguel Rojas. The Dodgers need Mookie Betts back, if not just for that threat against left handed pitching. And by the way, Mooki wasn't that great against lefties last year either, and that's part of the reason why the Dodgers don't really care if it's Kyle Tucker or Freddie Freeman hitting behind Otani. But Freeman and Tucker have been awful against left handed pitching this year. Tucker's hitting two thirty three, Freeman's hitting two twenty two. So that's a big issue, not just against starting pitching. But like last night, the Astros deployed a guy by the name of Brian King out of their bull pen and he pitched two scoreless innings to end the game. He got six outs a left handed reliever, a fellow by the name of Brian King.
Speaker 6: David is brought to by the Ford Maverick Motor Trends in North American Truck of the Year. The Ford Maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP if it's category, it's time to see Ford in a new light. Go to your Southern California four Dealers today last night show, Hey Otani seven Indians, eight strikeouts. He was pretty good on the mound. Now he's back in the lineup today, David, Is there any way they can ease the load on him?
Speaker 5: There is a way, but they would have to change the days that he pitches. Hear me out. Here's my theory. Otani's start day should be Sundays. And consider this. The Dodgers are the premier franchise in the sport, so they would have a lot of evening games, but a lot of them would be during the day. So if he starts on Sundays, give him Monday off. And Monday sometimes are travel day, but give him Monday off as a hitter, and he wouldn't have to throw his bullpen until Wednesday. So that basically gives him two and a half days of recovery time. So if there is a way for the Dodgers to reset today that he pitches from Wednesday to Sunday, I personally believe it would make things a little bit more streamlined for him to get the rest and recovery that he needs to be the dh that we know he can be.
Speaker 6: Just had the injury report a couple of minutes ago. There's a lot of Dodger arms on the injured list. Brock Stewart comes back today. But overall, with all these injuries considered, David, this Dodgers bullpen's been pretty good.
Speaker 5: And especially the injury to the most important reliever in Edwin Diaz, who's not coming back until the second half of the season. Guys like Tanner, Scott, Will kleinb Alex Vesia of course, have all been stall warts in that Dodger bullpen, and now Kyle Hurt has emerged as a guy that the Dodgers may give more high leverage opportun tunities too. So the pitching has been outstanding from the starters to the bullpen. Now the offense, with all stars up and down this lineup, have got to find a way to be more decisive and score some runs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I need to get this offense going, all right, David, great stuff. I'll check back you with you in just a little bit. Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Santa Anita Park. Hey, bring Mom to the races this Mother's Day At Santa Anita. That's this Sunday made ten. Special packages for Mom are still available. Tickets at Santa Anita dot com. Slash events coming up here on Dodgers on Deck ol Here from mister Funny himself, Will Smith will dive deeper to this pitching matchup, but up next your Dodgers Magical Moment. Dodgers and Astros on this Wednesday. I'm Tim Kats and this is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's a Dodgers and the Astros on this Wednesday from Houston, Tyler Glass. Now Lance mcculler's junior. The pitching match, first pitch coming up at eleven ten.
Speaker 2: I who wants.
Speaker 1: The hot It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment Ditch Magical present by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 6: Well, the Dodgers taken on the Ash shows. We go way back to nineteen eighty one the NLDS. They went to five games after the Dodgers were down in the series but not out, and it came back to Dodgers Stadium facing Nolan Ryan in the bottom of the six, Steve Garvey let off with a double, a walk by Doron Say, Pedro Guerrera double and then singles by Rick Monday and Mike Soosha helped build the Dodgers lead. The Dodgers win the game four to nothing behind a five hit shutout from Jerry Royce. As the Dodgers also win the NLDS against the Houston Ash Shows and afterwards, Tommy Losorda postgame.
Speaker 1: Tommy, an amazing comeback.
Speaker 2: You come down, come back here the Dodgers stadium.
Speaker 1: Down by two, and you said before it.
Speaker 2: Was an easy thing to say, but you hadn't go out and do it well that call on Friday in the meeting. I believe that we were going to beat them more than I believed anything in my life.
Speaker 9: But I said, all I want you guys to go is believe the same thing they did.
Speaker 3: They did a great job.
Speaker 8: And what a vicory.
Speaker 4: I don't want to thank God for giving all of us for wonderful opportunity.
Speaker 8: It was really great.
Speaker 6: The great Tommy Lesordo with Tony Kubeck. There After, the Dodgers comeback in the NLDS in nineteen eighty one to defeat the Astros in five games. This Hafey magical moment brought to by Hofey hot Dogs, Hoffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 4: Hafey hot Dogs, local and so great. So when we.
Speaker 6: Continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with Charlie Steiner as we leads up to first pitch, Dodgers and Astros, final game of this series, final game of this road trip. I'm Tim kateson the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Nowhere, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Lenia to Dodgers and Astros from Houston on this Wednesday morning.
Speaker 4: Thanks for being with us, Tyler Glass. Now Lance McCullers Junior.
Speaker 6: The pitching matchup, first pitch of Houston's coming up at eleven ten time. Now for the Verzon startup, as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today. We say hello to Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 3: All right, Tim, it's getaway day for the Dodgers. They have split the first two, with the Astros losing last night two to one, Dodgers twenty two and fourteen, first place in the West to half a game in front of the Padres, who are in San Francisco this afternoon. Astros fifteen and twenty two, fourth place, four behind the Athletics in the American League West, one game over the last place Angels in the Western Division. Interesting pitching matchup today. Glass Now and mccullor's but Mo, the story seems to be Otani. Whatever he does, he's right in the mi He was terrific last night on the hill, finally gave up his first two home runs of the year. That would be the game difference. He's not hitting very much, neither are the Dodgers. He seems to be the bell weather for this team, one way.
Speaker 8: Or the other.
Speaker 7: I think there's any question about that, and they deserved better than be tagged with the loss last night with very little run support. That's kind of the theme song. Unfortunately on this road trip, including last night, opportunities to score another double play ball the Dodgers, said Charlie. In the last five games all on this road trip have hit into eleven double plays. You talk about exiting innings, that's exactly what they have been doing. And last night they had eight opportunities with runners in scoring position. The Astros who won the game had exactly one at bat during the entire game with a runner in scoring position. The hitting has been hit and miss, mostly miss on that end of it. And for Otani, you can look at his record, Yes, the era is below one, but he should actually if you're looking at how well he has pitched, is a chance to be four and one on the record. It's not that way. It's now two and two.
Speaker 3: He ain't getting no support no how. Since July thirtieth of last season, Otani is three and three in a two point one three er in fourteen starts. And in those fourteen starts he's three and three. The Dodgers are three and eleven. So he's not getting any offensive support. But he is pitching great and continues to pitch great. All he needs is a little help from his friend.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I think if you look at last night too, you know he goes seven innings and he threw only eighty nine pitches. Here's a couple of numbers that I ran across yesterday morning getting ready for the ballgame. You know, when he's been ahead in the count this year, coming into last night's game is just a one to oh two batting average against. When he's had two strikes on hitters coming into last night's game, just four hits in sixty eight batch. That's an sixty seven average. What he does on the mound is is absolutely off the charts because now you turn around the next day, now he's leading off and hopefully he can get the bat going. Because Otani as a hitter now is in an zero for seventeen streak. But every time he comes to home plate, people don't dare leave their seats because they're likely to see something they've never seen before.
Speaker 3: You know, O'tani when he has hit and pitched in the same game only one out of ten, which is another reason why he did not hit last night. Otani's offensive numbers are down in every category this year, especially the power numbers. So far this year, he's hitting two forty this time last year to ninety six year before that, twenty twenty four. Thirty three games into the season, he's hitting three sixty four. So his offensive numbers are down, and you and I were talking just before he went on the air. I wonder if the absence of Mookie Betts behind him in the lineup to what extent that is impacting on him at the play.
Speaker 7: I think it's an excellent point because the doctors have not really found that number two guy behind Otani. Freddie Freeman's in there again today as the number two hitter. In fact, it'll be Otani, Freeman and then ti Oscar Hernanez the first three at the top of the lineup. It's been the bottom part of the lineup that has really been kind of setting the table for the top of the lineup, and the lineup that follows the runners on base has not been producing on a constant basis. And yet in spite of all that we talked about, well they're not hitting, they're not doing this, they're still in first place in Ashley Western Division, and we are approaching now we've just gone over twenty percent of the season has already been played. So this is a ball club I think can even get better than what it is at the present time.
Speaker 3: Right now, Charlie so Otani is back in the lineup again today and it's going to be a glass now going Otani, of course, has been great. Glass now has been equally great. Three and zero two fifty six er and his next strikeout will be his one thousandth in his career. Going against Lance McCullers, and the Astros have been hemorrhaging and they lost another key piece in their lineup. Carlos Correa is out for the season. He's going to have surgery on his ankle, and so they've gone from bad to worst and they're in trouble at this point in the season, they're fifteen to twenty two. So the Dodgers, you would hope, will be able to win the rubber game of this three game series. Getaway Day off day tomorrow. Lineups in first pitch coming up, Tim.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball presented by Unicloe Field at Dodgers Stadium, uniclode dot Com, slash us still to come here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. Before first pitch, we'll dive deeper to this pitching match up with Tyler Glastow going up against Lance McCullers Junior, Tim and Rick.
Speaker 4: We have the keys to the game.
Speaker 6: But up next we go high and tight with Dodger catcher Will Smith. It's the Dodgers and Astros, final game of this three game set, final game of the six game roacher for the boys in Blue.
Speaker 4: First pitch at eleven ten.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kas' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers on you know where?
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 6: AND's the Dodgers in Houston as they take on the Astros on this Wednesday morning. Tyler Glass now on the mound. First pitch coming up at eleven ten. Times Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor. We're getting closer to lunchtime. The official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast is Shaky's. When it's game day, it's groove day at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 4: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight, all right.
Speaker 5: Coming up tomorrow, Will Smith is going to have his Netflix comedy show. If you want tickets, go to his Instagram page. But we had a chance to catch up with the Dodger catcher who was not in the mood for any laughs.
Speaker 8: Yeah, of course, nice and earlier this morning.
Speaker 5: When you look at the beginning of this season, for you, you did go play in the World Baseball Classic. There's a lot of guys that played in that tournament that didn't get a lot of at bats. Seems like you're starting to get a rhythm at the plate. Did not getting as many at bats during that tournament. Do you think it affected some guys.
Speaker 8: I'm sure it could have affected some guys.
Speaker 11: I know some guys were talking about that, you know, not not worried about it, but making sure they got a bats once they got back to spring training after it. For me, I feel like I've got plenty of bats. I was ready to go. Yeah, I know, haven't been great, say it Rolf not being bad, but just kind of surviving.
Speaker 8: Just one of those months for me.
Speaker 11: I mean, that's more to some mechanical stuff swing wise, just cleaning some things up as opposed to timing or anything like that.
Speaker 8: But that's that's our job. Continue to work.
Speaker 5: And you know on Hitzel Com the Dodgers have preached having this overarching big picture while also trying to win each and every day at this stage of your career.
Speaker 8: It's hard to believe.
Speaker 5: That you broke in in twenty nineteen, But how do you manage at this stage of your career trying to be ready every day but also understanding it's about October two?
Speaker 8: For me?
Speaker 11: I let the you know, doc handle that big picture stuff. When he approaches me, it comes up. I usually have to agree with them, just because you know he's thinking about everything. But now I'm going one day at a time. I want to be in there every day. I want to try to win every game. That's our job, and kind of let them handle that part.
Speaker 8: Have you.
Speaker 5: I know you're a guy that once the season was over, you didn't take any victory labs.
Speaker 8: That's just who you are.
Speaker 5: But I don't feel like people appreciate the fact that you caught every single inning of the World Series, including eighteen innings. How long did it take you during the off season to recover through all that?
Speaker 11: A while, I was pretty sore for a good month or so, you know, starting to work out or definitely didn't have my legs under me. But this is part of it, It's part of It's all worth it. I celebrate a little bit. That wasn't not taking laughs, but I had a good time.
Speaker 5: Did you just keep it tight circle with the Smith family?
Speaker 11: No, I was saying out the guys, I just don't plaster all over social media.
Speaker 8: I just keep it to myself.
Speaker 5: Nobody's asked you this. So you hit the go ahead, eventual winning home run in Game seven last year. What did you keep from that moment? Do you have the baseball? Do you have the bat that you hit the home run with?
Speaker 11: I wish, honestly, don't know where the bat went. I'm sure it got authenticated, but I don't remember which one it was or anything like that. But no, I just got just the memories, that's all I've got.
Speaker 5: Yeah, pretty good memories for Will Smith and the Dodgers. Here's something else that I wonder if you ever have a chance to sit back and reflect on the fact that you're catching one of, if not the greatest player in the history of the game, like last night in Otani. What's it like catching him now since he's back to being a full time pitcher.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's fun. Obviously, he's the best player ever. You know, he's super talented, goes out there every day, competes, gives it everything he's got. You just got a good feel for the game, you know, last night we had a good feel what they're trying to do or just counterating it, and he's out there just executing.
Speaker 8: But uh, you know, we get along great. But it's fun to work with.
Speaker 5: Has he ever opened your eyes to something now that he's pitching to maybe point out some of the nuances of attacking hitters or the game itself. As far as the dialogue you have with each other, yeah, all the time.
Speaker 8: I think all the pictures do that. You know.
Speaker 11: If I see something, I tell them, If they see something, they tell me, and it's just a conversation. You know, what we're seeing, how they're trying to attack us, or the patient or the aggressive or where they're looking, you know, whatever they're.
Speaker 8: Trying to do.
Speaker 11: Are they had a team approach or not a team approach?
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 11: So sometimes I'm wrong, sometimes the picture's wrong. Sometimes they're both right or both wrong, and then that's when Mark's got to step in or something. But no, I think I think it's just a conversation. It's good. We trust each other. I think all the pictures pretty much trust me. So it's been good.
Speaker 5: Before I let you go the ABS system. We're a month in. I know we've talked about the strategy of the team. They're trying to leave as many challenges for you to be able to have in your back pocket. Is the overarching strategy to use as many as you can, similar to the way you guys implemented your strategy for the instant replay challenges.
Speaker 8: Uh, no, it's not used as many as you can.
Speaker 11: I think it's you know, I know the situation, No, the count, you know, kind of where we're at in the game when anywhere at was to score, you know, I think offensively, we've we've talked about trying to be a little more aggressive with it, firing a few more bullets at times instead of just leaving it to you know, Dalton and I. So let's just reading the game. You know, if you're right, If you know you're right, call it. But other than that, I kind of know.
Speaker 8: The situation, but also don't be afraid to fire a bullet.
Speaker 5: Have you noticed some homeplate umpires embrace it more than the others?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 11: Just to know, I think overall they've been really good. Actually, I think it kind of holds an accountable, you know, pitch to pitch, they got to be really locked in or else they're gonna get kind of embarrassed. They don't want to be embarrassed, you know, they're They're all trying to do a really good job, and I think it just helps, you know.
Speaker 8: Help them.
Speaker 5: Thanks for the time, Will appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Thanks all right, Tim.
Speaker 5: There is Will Smith, and like I said, tickets are still available for his comedy show which is happening tomorrow night in Beverly Hills.
Speaker 4: Come one, come all, yeah, check them out Will Smith.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow Night's gonna be a fun night out there with a lot of great money being raised.
Speaker 4: As we lead you up to first pitch.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Astros up next, we'll dive deeper in to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 4: Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates. Is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Nowhere.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Kiss the Dodgers and the Astros. First Bencham Houston's coming up at eleven ten.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the din neck, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 4: Matchups brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 6: Lancemoccullers Junior on the mound of for the Astros, thirty two year old right hander, twelve season, the big league's finally healthy, missed two years because of arm injuries. He's two and two of the six thirty two Era. Throws the cutter, the sinker, the sweeper, the knuckle kerby throws it all at you. Making his six start this season last time out, six innings, three runs, two hits, nine strikeouts in a win over the Orioles. Dodger fans may remember him from the twenty seventeen World Series, in which the Astros cheated their way to a title. He pitched Game seven against the Dodgers, and he's actually had a pretty successful career against the Blue.
Speaker 4: Two and zero with a one fourteen RARA, two to.
Speaker 6: Seventeen opponent's batting average, and four career regular season starts, including three quality wins Dodgers on last year at Dodger Stadium on July fifth, he went six innings at one run on four hits while striking out of four. Tyler Glass now on the mound he's been really good for the Dodgers. Thirty two year old right henders three to zero with the two to fifty six ERA, his third season with the Dodgers, making his seventh start, his ERA top ten in the National League, his whip best in the major leagues.
Speaker 4: We're currently right now.
Speaker 6: Last time out, five and two third innings, two runs, three hits, nine strikeouts, but got a no decision against the Marlins. This is his second career start against the Astros. The only time he faced him. Well, he went five innings, he allowed one run, six hits, struck out four, and got the win. Hope you're listening early. Tyler Glass now nine hundred and ninety nine career strikeouts. Yes, he is one strikeout away from one thousand in his career. Tyler Glass now Lance McCullers Junior. It's the Dodgers and Astros were fifteen minutes away from first pitch.
Speaker 4: Keys to the game are next.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kass, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for all season long.
Speaker 6: Leading up to Dodgers and Astros on this Wednesday morning final game of this three game set as the Dodgers look to get the series win. Tyler Glass now Lance mccullo's junior the pitching matchup. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sepporos. Start great moments. Start with Sapporo beer. Yeah, whatever your taste preference to. Poro has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Sopporo, good with sushi, great with baseball. It's head back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Tim never Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim, thanks again very much, as we get you ready for this one Here in Houston. The roof has closed. These skys outside a little bit threatening and they are expecting some rainstorms a little bit later today, but we'll be dry and comfortable indoors for the third straight day here in Houston, Texas. Tyler glasnow gets the start. He's three and oh. He'll make his first regular season start here in Houston. He has pitched three games here in the post season, but he'll get the start this afternoon. Three and zero his record. All three wins for Tyler glassnow have come on the road.
Speaker 7: Well, the last outing, which was a week ago today it was against the Marlows at Dodger Stadium, is the first time he did not go at least six innings. And the numbers for Glass now are rather impressive. When you look at the batting average against the last two years, it's the lowest of any starting pitcher that qualifies one sixty eight average. And now we're seeing the breaking ball between the curve boll and the slider. The last two years just a one twenty six average against something with a lot of movements. So for glass now also searching for a career strikeout number one thousand as he takes the mound today for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't take him very long to get that. Interesting About his batting average against this year, his splits are identical. Right handed hitters are seven for forty eight. They're hitting one forty six against him. Lefties are twelve for eighty two. They're hitting one forty six against him.
Speaker 7: Yeah, let me do the math for you. That's a one forty six batting average against for this it's really good. Oh yeah, that was an easy one.
Speaker 2: For Lance mccullor's junior, the veteran will get the start for the Astros. He has a six to zero record against the Dodgers in his career, including in games even of the twenty seventeen World Series.
Speaker 7: He got the victory there And for the Dodgers couldn't hit the fast ball last night consistently today, they're gonna have to hit the off speed pitch because mccullors will throw off speed pitches a lot. The last two years, almost sixty percent of his pitches have been non fastballs.
Speaker 2: The Astros have the worst team of era in Major League Baseball at five sixty five. They've walked the most hitters one hundred and ninety six, they've hit the most batters twenty four, and mccullor's VRA six thirty two the fifth worst in the American League. Dodgers need to take advantage Tyler glasnow against Lance mccullor's junior in the rubber game of this three game set ten.
Speaker 6: All right, first pitch, will we come back? Nothing like a happy flight back for the Dodgers to la day off tomorrow. But take care of business first. Get to win and win this series in Houston. Don't forgetting this game is over. David Vassie's got your cover with all the postgame highlights reaction, of course Dodger talk as well.
Speaker 4: First pitch though, is next, Lance.
Speaker 6: McCullers, Junior Tyler glassnow Dodgers as Jos enjoyed everybody. I'm Tim Kates. This is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network