Speaker 1: It is Saturday October fourth, twenty twenty five before we look ahead to look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including but not limited to these. The Space Age began as the Soviets launched Sputnik one this date. In nineteen fifty seven. A long time before that, General George Washington's troops launched an assault on the British at Germantown, Pennsylvania, resulting in heavy American casualties and the retreat of the Continental Army. The year was seventeen seventy seven. This date, nineteen twenty seven, sculptor Golsenborgem began construction in what is now Mount Rushmore National Memorial.
Speaker 2: Let's see here.
Speaker 1: Pope Paul the sixth became the first Pope to visit the Western Hemisphere nineteen sixty five. The year October fourth, two thousand and one, a Russian airliner flying from Israel to Siberia accidentally down by a Ukrainian anti aircraft missile over the Black Sea, killing all seventy eight aboard. Remember the American Taliban John Walker Lynde was on this date in two thousand and two that he received his twenty years sentence before a federal judge in Alexandria, Virginia. He got out back in twenty nineteen. Baseball Hall of Famer Tony Larusa, one of the all time greats, is eighty one today. Actress Susan Sarandon, who's a left wacko lackey and a great actress, is a seventy nine. Armand De Sante is seventy six today. Christopher Waltz, another actor, sixty nine. John Sikata, who had quite the career in the eighties, is sixty four. At leave, Schreiber is fifty eight today, Alicia Silverstone is forty nine. Almost liked her. And NBA All Star Derrick Rose turns thirty seven today. Dacoda Johnson is thirty six. If it is your birthday, I really pray and hope it is the best day ever. You get to spend it with people you love, doing the things you love to do, and that is truly my wish for you. It is a Saturday Morning. We're back together again. The Band's back together coming up on five forty one. Weather and Sports just add as we get you going on this Saturday Morning edition on seven hundred WLW Light rain coming in late the cold front fall like tempts and rain Tuesday. The hottest high for next week around seventy four degrees as opposed to the eighties we've been enjoying. It's fifty nine now.
Speaker 2: Seven one hundred.
Speaker 1: WLW Sports Lilliam tom as I mentioned the band is back together. How was your softball experience last weekend?
Speaker 3: Played pretty good Saturday? Yeah, you know, it's about raising money. It was a charity softball tournament.
Speaker 2: Wins.
Speaker 1: You said that you had money at Steak. Personally, what do you mean raising money? Yeah, I had money at Steak to put on for the team. No, I thought you were going to profit from this adventure. That's the way you made it sound. It was like fifty bucks or something to leave an hour early, or an hour and a half early, two hours early, whatever it was.
Speaker 3: Well, we had a bunch of people to drop out of the team, so I wouldn't have I probably would have won more money if I did, but I had to pay the team to play. In the first place, Well, we didn't win, so it doesn't matter. In the first place, wasn't even close.
Speaker 2: We went. We lost first round, So was the experience worthwhile? Enough? To miss part of the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm thinking about quitting all my jobs and becoming like a traveling professional softball player.
Speaker 2: I really found my passion.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll come to visit you in a van down by the river where you'll be living sports. We've got a bunch of that. Do you want to do some high school football? You want to save that till six twenty one.
Speaker 3: Let's start with some Week six college football. Okay, talk about a little bit big matchup. You see, coming off a big win last week, they're hosting the fourteenth ranked Iowa State Cyclones this afternoon.
Speaker 1: We got into the hotel room in Michigan. We were My wife and I went to a little soiree last weekend and we got we checked into the hotel room just in time to watch that thrilling fourth quarter when the Bearcats pulled out the victory over Kansas last week.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 3: You had three and one Cincinnati Bearcasts hosting the undefeated Iowa State Cyclones. This would be a good win for a college football playoff.
Speaker 2: Resume.
Speaker 3: Pregame coverage begins at eleven, kick is set for noon. Catch all that action right here on seven hundred WLW. The game as a pick them, so they expect a lot from the Bearcats at home. Maybe Nipper gets a little rowdy throws Iowa State off their game. You know what I'm excited about.
Speaker 1: I'm excited about Vanderbilt going to Alabama to look at Look to beat the Crimson tie a second year in a row and increase their record to six and oh.
Speaker 3: A Top twenty five matchup between the sixteenth ranked Commodoores and the tenth rated Alabama Crimson's High that is College Game Day to Day.
Speaker 2: That game is at three thirty.
Speaker 3: Another top twenty five matchup tonight Miami Florida Florida State seven thirty pm. Those are the two games verse two top ranked teams. The Kentucky Wildcats travel to Athens to face the twelfth ranked Georgia Bulldogs. Kick is set for noon cutch that action on ESPN fifteen thirty. The Orange Blue play tonight. They traveled to New York to face the Red Bulls, one of two remaining regular season matchups. Pregame coverage begins at seven. Kick is set for seven to thirty on ESPN fifteen thirty, and the Bengals. Pregame coverage begins at one kick is set for four to twenty five against the Lions. Right here on the home of the best Bengals coverage, seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: You're listening to news radio seven hundred WLW to me, asked me if I was going Frankly, I didn't know about the Wolffest. So if you've got any information on the Wool Festival this weekend, please feel free to enlighten me and the rest of the listeners that may or may not know about your opportunity to enjoy Wool this weekend. I know the Donas Schwabin Octoberfest is going on, and that is not only an Octoberfest that actually occurs in the month of October, but features some of the best darn sausage in the world. I don't know who makes I forgot who makes their sausage for Donna Schwaben Octoberfest, but it is that they do a special meter worst that they just do for this festival every year. Oh and to have some of that this morning that it's definitely a singular treat. There is other things going on this weekend, obviously, we mention and U see hosting Iowa State today at Knippert and the Bengals hosting the Lions. And I tell you what, I'm excited for the Bengals game tomorrow because I really like watching the Lions play really good. How long before the second team is in for the Lions tomorrow? Will it be the second quarter, the third quarter? Or will they wait till you know they're thirty points ahead for the Lions to pungmel the Bengals. It's been a great week for Cincinnati sports, hasn't it. The Reds finally didn't make the playoffs, though, and I never thought that was going to happen, and they bested my prediction of eighty one games so by two. But now we can just put the bats and balls away until until spring training next year. I see that our friend, the formerly known Mametry Lynette is up and awake and ready to go. Good morning, Lynnette.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's a space.
Speaker 5: Yeah she's fast, sweet peer, she's so crassy? Are the bise cast?
Speaker 2: That was beautiful, Thank you, Steve. I had not heard.
Speaker 1: I mean, I remember that song as a kid in Sunday school singing that and that you know that goes way back from me, so and I loved your rendition.
Speaker 2: How's your week? Been.
Speaker 4: It's okay. We're still playing bingo. Uh huh, not hitting the four or five or six games. But once in a while one comes through.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: And and the prizes are are not really all that big, are they.
Speaker 6: We get a dollar game.
Speaker 2: Oh a dollar game.
Speaker 1: I didn't know there was actually monetary recomp there at the Bengo at Florence.
Speaker 4: Park, cam the people donate more money. It was real funny. One last year, I said, wake me up, Diane when I win, So.
Speaker 2: You're no hold on, So you're sleeping at Bingo.
Speaker 7: I was joking.
Speaker 4: Sixty three, I said Bingo.
Speaker 7: She said what what what?
Speaker 2: I just laughed, Oh, that's funny. Wake me up if I will. That's brilliant. You know.
Speaker 1: I called Bingo for my parents and their friends on a bus trip once I went to visit my parents down in Tennessee. This is gosh ten, fifteen years ago. And I said, yeah, I'll go with you on your bus trip. There was a church bus trip and they were going someplace to eat lunch. It was a couple of hours drive and they were going to have Bingo on board the bus, and so they asked me if I would call the bingo, and I had such a such a ball calling the numbers, and my parents didn't win, so it wasn't rigged.
Speaker 4: It was just a fun Optomer's fine congregame went to friends socializing.
Speaker 2: That's it. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, dave a large sphone number, Marsha. I hope you got your kidney Ben now. If not, come over or sand smoke signals. I worry about my little sister in Union, Jason White down there at gent Steel. I don't know your number. I lost it too. I need to watch battery.
Speaker 1: Hurry please, Lynette putting out the bat signal for her friends. We love to allow you the opportunity to do that, because otherwise you probably wouldn't be able to get out and reach them unless they talk to you first. All right, baby, listen, have a glorious rest of the weekend, have a blessed weekend.
Speaker 2: We love you, Love you too, and talk to you soon. All right.
Speaker 8: Bye, bye ba bye.
Speaker 1: We're hanging with Dick next on the Saturday Morning Edition on seven hundred WLW into the first official hour of the Saturday Morning Edition for this Saturday, October four, twenty twenty five. I'm Gary Jeff Walker, also known by some as GJ. Dubbs. Some people just call me Jeff, some people just call me Gary. You can call me anything you like, just don't call me Johnson because because it's not my name.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: It has been quite the week, and we mentioned that. You know, obviously we all know that the red season is over. We have the final Brenneman and Jones on Baseball. Liam is telling me this morning at seven fifty five, which is my my wife's favorite part of the show, not me, not the music professor, not the joke, not mo not She loves Breniman and Jones on Baseball, So she will not be listening again until next spring when it's back on. This is one of my favorite parts of the show right here, when I get to talk to Dave from Harrison.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Dave, scared ye, how we doing scary Jeff? There you go. It is October after all, Yes, sir.
Speaker 7: So, congratulations, congratulats whatever they had.
Speaker 10: Everybody provided us with excellent baseball, just.
Speaker 5: Three teams in then out Central.
Speaker 1: What I am most, what I'm most jazzed about, Dave, is that I get back to doing nightcaps on a regular on Monday and Tuesday nights.
Speaker 2: And I have.
Speaker 1: Already lining up fantastic shows for the week ahead, with no Reds Baseball to get in the way.
Speaker 2: I'm excited. There go, There you go.
Speaker 1: Nine to midnight with Gary Jeff Walker, The Nightcap returns.
Speaker 11: Yep, yeper. Gary Jeff repressed for.
Speaker 6: Uh, why why did the nose not want to go to school?
Speaker 2: Why did the nose not want to go to school?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Why, Well, it was getting tired of being picked on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, thereby not wanting to go and that's understandable. Yeah, I bet, I bet noses get really sick of that. Huh.
Speaker 7: What did the judge say to the dentist?
Speaker 2: What did the judge say to the dentist? Dave?
Speaker 5: He said, Uh, do you swear to pull the tooth? The whole tooth and nothing but the tooth?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay? Yeah? Yeah, Hey Dave, did I tell you about my pet termite?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: Kinda Yeah, his name is Clint eats Wood eats Wood. Yeah. What else? What else you got, Dave?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 11: Uh, what kind of dog does Dracula have?
Speaker 2: What kind of dog does Dracula have? Yes? Tell me yet about how.
Speaker 12: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funny by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 1: We're gonna check his pulse right now on the radio, old radio. Rick Washburn is giving us a reception report and letting us know that he's still alive. Are you still alive?
Speaker 10: Blood pressure over eighty five ideal?
Speaker 2: But not I'm jealous because I wish mine were that low.
Speaker 10: Through pharmaceuticals.
Speaker 1: There you go, there you go. So how are you receiving us? And on what device are you receiving us on this morning?
Speaker 2: Rick?
Speaker 10: Okay, this is a little bit odd one, but this is a five y five by proxy and a shout out to Steve because aren't they all named Steve?
Speaker 2: I don't know why, Yes they are.
Speaker 10: I'm a i'm as I have Steve flypaper or something I don't know from Spartanburg, South Carolina or is it Roebucks South Carolina? Readers want to know this is a eighteen seventy General Electric World Monitor Model P twenty nine A. It's an old transistor portable ten band radio with a m f M longwave short wave two doors on the front wing out, almost like the old Fig five phonos that were.
Speaker 2: Sort of oh yeah, yeah, I love I love those things.
Speaker 10: And this thing is two whip and ten is an internal antenna. And let's see.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 10: He was kind enough to send me a catalog bit because I couldn't find anything on this.
Speaker 2: No, no, what tell me?
Speaker 1: Tell me the significance of the two whip antennas. You've got two of those and you've got an internal AM antenna. Why do you need two whip antennas well?
Speaker 10: The idea, and this was a General Electrics before the super radio, but the same idea. One of the whip antennas is a lot longer than the other, and so the length of the antenna and insert jokes here is tied to the frequency that you're trying to pick up, Okay, so it can make a difference and be more efficient. So there's a smaller antenna for higher frequencies, a larger antenna for lower frequencies, and then AM is a completely different band so than it requires and in this case an internal loop antenna. So this is why they split it out three ways.
Speaker 1: All right, So you've got the catalog read out on this on this GE.
Speaker 2: And what's what's the name of the radio again.
Speaker 10: The World Monitor p. Twenty nine under day right out the tongue, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: Yes, it does.
Speaker 10: Whenever there's news and sound. You hear it first from GE. What whatever? Built in two way power runs on six flashlight batteries, plugs into house current two luxurious Texan petted case for rugged portability this year go around the world for one hundred and ninety nine dollars and ninety five cents. Wow, that's seventeen hundred dollars today, kids. Okay, So at the top of the add it says worldly travel to Rome for the opera, Melbourne for a soccer almost anywhere with GE's ten banned World Monitor asterisk. Oh asterisk. What's the asterisk? Well, this is a dependent upon atmospheric and operating conditions. Consult instruction booklet for optimum performance. Guys, you've forgot one per customer.
Speaker 8: No dealers.
Speaker 10: Past performance does not guarantee results void in Rhode Island.
Speaker 1: That's beautiful. So could you actually pick up soccer in Melbourne, Australia on this if you were sitting there in Indianapolis listening to the ge World Monitor.
Speaker 10: P whatever in nineteen seventy Absolutely yes. But unfortunately within the last decade ABC, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, did cease all overseas shortwave transmissions. And it is unfortunate because they were very entertaining, especially when they would call up and get an expert to talk about Trump's first election, where somebody who lives in and I quote Carolina, United States, was explaining that now that the Republicans had won all three houses of the Senate. It continued from there. Oh boy.
Speaker 1: So if you wanted to if you wanted to actually hear idiots around the world, the ABC was where.
Speaker 2: You went, oh oh.
Speaker 10: One of many sources actually, and short wave is not dead by any means. We get a lot of great transmissions from Cuba. There's also a shortwave station in Okachobee, Florida WRMI that read broadcasts from a number of different countries around the world and in English broadcast, which is a lot of fun. Although they're daily programming to pay for the transmitters a little bit off putting, but I'll leave it at that. But there's and there's even on Sunday mornings, I can still pick up a so called number station where it's this woman saying a few letters in a row repeatedly, like three times, and then there's some noises and then a little bit of music and then it repeats. And it is believed that that is actually code for some international spy network.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely that that would be my first reaction. That's spy talks. Yeah, yeah, I remember. I used to have a short wave radio I think I've talked about before. It was a Zenith. It was one of those green, big green boxes and it was heavy as all get out and I could pick up Keto Ecuador on this thing, and I just thought that was the most amazing thing that I was receiving this message from Keto Ecuador. And I think it was like a religious programming or something, but it was. It was way cool, just because I was listening to somebody in Ecuador on the radio.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah. Well, and I had a very similar transoceanic which is what you're talking about as a kid, and used to pick up the CBC out of Canada and listen to the world in air Farce, and I didn't given my age, I didn't initially know it was a parody show, the air Farce. Wrong with those Canadians.
Speaker 2: They're crazy, yeah, but they're very polite.
Speaker 1: Old Radio Rick at gmail dot com. If you'd like to learn more about antique radios or just to have a conversation with mister Washburn, thank you so much, Ricky.
Speaker 2: Have a great weekend. It's six twenty one.
Speaker 1: Right now, Ridy, then it's forty six minutes past the hour, which means it's also fourteen minutes before the hour. How about six forty six Eastern seven HUNDREDLW this Saturday morning edition. Always look forward to this conversation, and so without any further ado you, let's go. Steve Fromettna, Good morning, sir.
Speaker 13: Since our last visit Gary jeff Is, we've had two more multiple murder incidents in North Carolina and Michigan, respectively. Both of the perps were military veterans, one highly decorated by the way. The immediate reaction to these tragedies, including the rash of assassinations and assassination attempts, is to cite mental health issues and the need for a reformed psychiatric system. I would expand that discussion with a question, how come our severely wounded vets get some of their best care and assistants from private sources. Now, Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of dav and wounded warriors, and the nine to eleven Project is helping the families of four of my fellow high school alumni back in New York. But I have to ask, if government military programs got these vets into harm's way, shouldn't our vets be able to count on that same government to provide the services that our private organizations are doing so wonderfully?
Speaker 2: Bingo.
Speaker 13: I know there's a temptation to say, Hey, Steve, if the job gets done.
Speaker 5: Who cares? Who does it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 13: I have standing in this debate. I was in medical administration during Vietnam and I saw a lot of cases that made me shake my head and turn away and discuss. But I have to be honest. One of my best friends at Chopper Pilot and Nom contracted multiple sclerosis on active duty, and with no questions I asked, he got a chunk of money for the next twenty years from Uncle Sam for a soup up van, which I used to drive around with them every once in a while. Forty K plus annual dollars and living expenses, plus both government and private medical care. Don died in nineteen eighty eight at age forty, and I had to salute Washington for doing its job to the end in that case. But let me assure you from my experience, this is a really testy area. Returning to the issue of the craziness that's going on in America, I was reminded last Sunday of America in the middle of the Civil War, a time of death, destruction, rioting in the streets, and then the assassination later of Abraham Lincoln. On April thirtieth, eighteen sixty three, Lincoln proclaimed the National Day of Prayer. Here is part of what he said. We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of heaven, but we have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand which preserved us in peace, and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all of these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue.
Speaker 10: On our own.
Speaker 13: We have become too proud to pray to God who made us, it behooves us then to confess our national sins, and to pray for clemency and forgiveness. I wonder if Abraham is looking down at us now and sees much the same situation. Maybe they will put their martini glasses down for just a moment. In Washington, d C. And No Proverbs thirty one quote, it is not for rulers to desire strong drink, lest they forget what has been decreed and pervert the rights of the afflicted. Talk to you next week, Gary, Jeff, hope everything is a little bit better news the Middle East? Back home?
Speaker 10: How about just everywhere?
Speaker 2: By amen?
Speaker 1: He he just brings it as will, he would say. Steve from Edna always puts the cheese on the cracker. Brother Ray Scott in Loveland, how are you, my friend?
Speaker 7: Good morning, Good morning brother, Good morning from Ingreetings from the Free State of Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 7: Yes, my apologies to Liam. I didn't hit my mark. I was enjoying listening to you live on my what we used to call phil Co Radio in my Ford, but in my AM Radio and spring Hill, Tennessee, I could pick up reception well and as I entered the metropolis that is Nashville, the signal faded, so I was off my timing. So I sincerely apoze.
Speaker 2: No no, no, Spring spring Hill.
Speaker 1: Spring Hill is a great place to listen to seven hundred apparently this time of day, you.
Speaker 7: Know what, Yes, and the radio am freak that I am. You Rick and I and many others laying in bed last night with a transistor radio picking up you know, KMOX and WBBN and WSB, you know, Atlanta and picking up Pittsburgh wl W. Of course, yeah, just crazy, but you know, and Steve always gets me. Well, I tell you what, we had the great uh, the great opportunity last evening to walk. There's a quite a good sized battleground in spring spring Hill from the war between the States, from the Civil War, I know.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it's like one hundred and fifty years later.
Speaker 7: And it's beautiful, beautiful fields, you know, just absolutely gorgeous. But it's haunting, you know when you read the markers there and there's still a canon there, and it's really moving. And I was just struck by the awe of the American spirit so strong, you know, in both sides fighting against each other. And I just believe that the rest of the world would left us alone as a respond It's I don't know, it's very emotion.
Speaker 1: If you think, if you think about the state of Tennessee, Ray in relation to the war between the States, was there any state that was more in the middle than Tennessee as far as right on that that defining line between slave states and free states and the people of the volunteer state who in mass either fought for the Confederacy or fought for the Federal the US government, And I mean, there was no bigger flash point perhaps, And of course you've got Gettysburg, and you've got Vicksburg, and you've got you know, all the places in Virginia which were sites of major battles during the Civil War or the Uncivil War that was. But Tennessee, Man, there there are battlefields all over that state, including the one you're referencing in spring Hill. It is an amazing The whole state's an amazing historical marker for the struggle to unite the country.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they may it never never have to happen again anywhere, especially here. We remain these United States of America. And it's just I don't know, high school could throw a rock, you know, anywhere in Tennessee probably and go see something to do with that. And we need to be reminded we really really do in because we're very very fortunate to live as we do, and we're very fortunate that we we came out of that survived, because it's just brutality.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: Anyway, we got to leave on a high note. Here, hit us on a high note, Gary Jeff.
Speaker 1: Something, well, uh what I will what I will say is I I am grateful for your friendship and your listenership, and uh you're you're one of the best right always and and you you and urad me and you help me be a better person, a better human being. And I can't thank you enough. How about that Mike count.
Speaker 7: Is overdrawn with you, brother, and we're just well, I'll help each other along. I am I am blessed, too blessed to be depressed, and hopefully we are all the best.
Speaker 8: Brother, God bless you.
Speaker 1: Thanks Ray, safe travels back home. It's six fifty six ten four, good buddy, twenty twenty five, Gary Jeff right here, that that'd be me. And I tell you what, We've got an unusual call here. Usually only hear from him during the Sunflower Festival in Lindsay, Ohio. But he's calling with a random call this morning, Tim shimming.
Speaker 2: Is that you?
Speaker 6: Yes, it is?
Speaker 2: How you doing? I'm wonderful. How are you?
Speaker 6: I feel wonderful. I feel so privileged their call screen. You put me right to the front of the line. I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 1: Well, actually we had the choice. I could have just let you sit there on hold that. Ultimately, the decision is mine and we're wasting Steve Shulte's time, So please make it snappy.
Speaker 2: What do you want I am.
Speaker 6: I don't want anything. I'm going to a harvest festival today. Yeah, Genoa Harvest Festival and Genoa, Ohio.
Speaker 1: We were just through genoah, Ohio last weekend.
Speaker 6: We actually, I know, I never got a call. Well, I was sitting by a tree crying, waiting for.
Speaker 2: You to call.
Speaker 1: I apologize that we were up in your neck of the woods and we didn't at least call Tim. But we had a busy schedule, A busy schedule we had. We had to we had to have dinner with Dan Jensen at Paco's in Toledo.
Speaker 6: Oh, there you go, that sounding good? You get some hot German potato salad.
Speaker 1: I got a stuffed cabbage roll that was absolutely one of the best things I've ever read. And one of those lovely Hungarian hot dogs ye with the signature chillt dog. It is a half a hot dog, but you know what, it has more flavor than two full hot dogs anywhere else. So there you go. So the harvest festival is going on in Genoa. Any other details on that you want to impart in case people want to make the track up to Genoa today.
Speaker 6: Lots of people, lots of vendors, and lots of food trucks.
Speaker 1: Okay, well it sounds it sounds absolutely idyllic. I hope you have a great time.
Speaker 6: You do the same. Have you a good day, and we'll talk to you later.
Speaker 1: All right, No more sitting up against a tree crying because I haven't called.
Speaker 6: Okay, I will wait for your call.
Speaker 1: Thank you, goodbye, And after all of that, Steve Shulty, environmental engineer, extraordinary, It's good to talk to you, brother. The does he have information? And by the way, congratulations. Lausal actually won a football game last.
Speaker 10: Night, very ugly.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a win.
Speaker 7: Is a win?
Speaker 2: Is a win?
Speaker 11: Uh uh?
Speaker 1: The CO two information we're getting has been has been bunked for a long time.
Speaker 2: But anyway, please explain.
Speaker 14: Well, this comes from the newsletter from the CO two Coalition dot org CO two Coalition dot org from this past Thursday, and it's the headline CO two narrative destroyed in four charts. Obviously can't show you the four charts, but the entire man made global warming argument is built around one central theme. Increasing carbon dioxide is leaving too much warming as unusual and unprecedented, and that this will be accompanied by a multitude of disastrous climate crisis. So first first one number one, thirty three years of cooling. And this is kind of I'm going over some stuff, but it's always good to hear this again. Just as human carbon dioxide began ramping up in the mid nineteen hundreds, our planet went into a thirty three year decline in temperature that led to many in the late nineteen seventies to predict that we were entering a new ice age. I remember very very distinctly about that number two, more than three hundred years of warming. Our current warming trend began in the late sixteen hundreds and lifted the planet out of the coldest period in the last ten thousand years. The first nearly two hundred and fifty years of warming occurred at near historic lows of CO two, that is, earth warmed low CO two number three, one thousand years of CO two not driving warming. There have been nine previous warming periods over the last ten thousand years. All have been warmer than today, and all occurred at very low concentrations of CO two and number four. And final eight thousand years of increasing CO two and falling temperatures the warmest periods of the last one hundred thousand years, during what's called the Holocene optimum eight thousand years ago. Temperatures have since been cooling and a bleat in fits and starts. And they always include the quote of the week or whatnot.
Speaker 5: I leave this quote. It does not matter what is true. It only matters what people believe is true. Paul Watson, co founder of Greenpeace. Hence the reason for all the propaganda.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, and world governments are falling short of their their climate initiatives.
Speaker 2: Real quickly tell me about that.
Speaker 5: This is from Hartland Institute yesterday, Climate Change Weekly number five seven. Governments are off track and I'm basically MVR is reporting a new study that shows countries are backsliding on their carbon reduction under the Paris Agreement.
Speaker 14: And this agreement was supposedly, uh, you know, agreed that three point two degrees fahrenheit increase in temperature is a trip wire for climate catastrophe. And the point I wanted to make get out of this article is not all of which company are doing what whatnot is the fact that whether it's the three point two target or the four point two fairyheight the other goal.
Speaker 5: These were all simply no science.
Speaker 14: No scientific study, you know, Billy, nothing what.
Speaker 5: They came up with these numbers?
Speaker 7: Can you know how they came up with these area, Jeffs.
Speaker 14: They put politicians and trench NGOs, your beloved NGOs, bureaucrats, and some scientists into a room and basically said, well, what do you folks think it's the trip wire?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of and they kind.
Speaker 5: Of came up with the agreement three point two and four point two three paradiit.
Speaker 1: Well that that's that's like that that's like the six foot rule when when we were going through the COVID protocols and you have to have six feet well, how'd you come up with that?
Speaker 2: We just decided that's what it was.
Speaker 7: You know, we just got you.
Speaker 5: We had a former consensus out there.
Speaker 1: That's right, and consensus consensus is not science period.
Speaker 2: End of story. Mob rule, it's mob rules, right, it's mob rule. Steve, Thank you so much. Man, always a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Seven twelve and uh Doomsday Dave the Mad Hatter for a minute or two of tech Talk this morning. Today, Dave, we are talking about the dead Internet theory. What is the dead?
Speaker 11: Because we're the theme of Halloween, and sure.
Speaker 8: It is National Cybersecurity Month. Herea Jeff too, since you know we're always on the cybersecurity hand.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Popular Mechanics. Popular Mechanics recently had an article and people have talked about this for a long time, but it speculates that in the next three years you're going to have so much content it's generated by AI slash spots that you really won't have any human content anymore. Right, it's it's just AI AI there. This AI consumes that AI produces more content and that you're going to be in a place where the human generated content is basically gone because you just have this tsunami of bot generated content. And the thing that's interesting about that. They also mentioned in that article that since point thirteen, roughly thirty eight percent of web pages that existed in twenty thirteen are gone, you know, companies without a business, that sort of thing. They talk about an idea called link rock, the idea that you know, you have a link to a webpage doesn't work anymore because that content is gone. But the really interesting idea of all of this, in my mind, and I think you're starting to see this already in the business when you talk about AI, there's an idea called model collapse, which is this AI is consuming content generated by another AI, and the content just keeps getting worse because there's no real human produced content. And I know you and I have talked about this before. I'm sure all of your listeners have heard this idea and that you know, AI is hallucinic. They just literally make things up. So if let's say you write a blog post using AI, and let's say ten percent of it, it's just something made up well over time. If that gets consumed by another AI to build its model, you just you're perpetuating this feedback loop of garbage. Sometimes people call it slock and I think that's that we're already headed in that direction, because I think you're already starting to see in some of these AI tools the content quality is actually going down, not up. So yeah, the dead Internet, how about that?
Speaker 1: Well, I tell you what, You're not allaying my fears. You know, I've discussed this with you before. AI is eliminating human beings, even if it's just on the Internet. It's happening and it must be stopped. Dave Hatter, I look forward to talking to you in more depth on the upcoming night Cap this coming Tuesday Day will be one of my guests, and I hope you can join us in from nine to midnight on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Time now for the Tom Davis Diaries, or as I called it, the just a mish mash of crazy stories from around the country and around the world. And here is your correspondent, Tom Davis. Good morning, Gary, Jeff. This scary stuff when the shoot don't open. But first, pray for the people of Denver, Colorado, because later today the first Taco Bell Ultra Marathon takes place. Here's how it works. You run thirty one miles, but you also stop and eat at nine taco bells. Oh God, you have to shove items like Chelupa Supremes and Burrito Supremes down your throat and you've only got eleven hours to do it in and there are very specific rules.
Speaker 15: Pepto bismo and Alka seltzer are banned. You have to be all natural if you want to win the Taco Bell Ultra Marathon. Meanwhile, a Texas woman has been badly burned after blowing herself up with a cigarette. She was attempting to light up when the flame caught the oxygen mask hanging from her neck. She has severe burns on her face and hands, and this happened in the middle of the night. She was taken to the hospital around four am. Polica reminding the public do not smoke around oxygen equipment, especially when it's around your neck. Unfortunately, a newlywed couple are calling it quits over their pets. The wife's cat is constantly fighting with the husband's dog. They went to counseling but couldn't make the relationship work because the pets won't live in peace. They have openly stated that they are putting their pets above their love life, and people online are going crazy, and finally, a British skydiver is lucky to be alive after a shoot and his instructor's shoot did not open. Mitch Deacon hit the ground, he fractured his pelvis and broke a bunch of ribs, but he didn't die. And get this, the instructor survived as well. The FAA is now investigating, and Mitch's girlfriend to set up a GoFundMe page to help cover his medical bills. I'm guessing the British healthcare system doesn't cover you when you do dumb things in other countries. Next week, it's the hot product of the moment. Pumpkins spice poop spray, now available at Walmart.
Speaker 2: Have a great weekend forty trillion dollars in the United States.
Speaker 1: I'm Gary jump Walker and that may mean absolutely nothing to you. If it doesn't, I understand, but.
Speaker 2: To me it actually means very little as well.
Speaker 1: Seven minutes after the hour eight oh seven Eastern that is time for a Science Minute with our friends Science Mike, and that means everything to me.
Speaker 12: Yes, as a nice scientist is it's surprising it now blinded me.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Michael, how are you?
Speaker 11: Your name means a lot to me.
Speaker 1: Oh, well, that's that's not well. You know, God is no respector of persons, so ultimately it means squat. But anyway, I digress.
Speaker 11: Yeah, before we move to the science topic, let's do sports real quickly. O. The Elder Panthers twenty four Little Mo twenty sixteen, So it's congranslations to the Elder Panthers on a victorious.
Speaker 2: Are you Are you wearing purple and celebration this morning? Mike?
Speaker 11: I had it on, yes, sorry for Purple Friday.
Speaker 2: So we'll just there you go.
Speaker 11: Kind of kind of a West Side tradition.
Speaker 1: Now, Now, when did you go to elder If you want to reveal how old you are?
Speaker 11: I went from seventies graduate nineteen eighty so.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so I mean but still those roots remain strong on the West Side. You know, for a couple of summers during red season, I worked at Crow's Nest there on West eight, Yes, and that place just dripped of elder I mean, so I got kind of indoctrinated into that whole Elder cult for a minute, even though I never attended school there. So I know exactly how strong those ties are on the West Side for people like that.
Speaker 11: We don't live too far away. Let's just put it that way.
Speaker 2: I heard that what we got this morning, Michael.
Speaker 11: Let's get to the top. Let's see nineteen seventy seven. Let's go back to all the way back to nineteen seventy seven. Highest State University astronomer, Jerry Emon. He had their telescope pointed out and they call it the Big Year telescope. And for seventy two seconds they had a very peculiar radio verse that laft again there's a strong narrow band radio, very very directly oriented, seventy two seconds long. They called it the Wow signal because he wrote wow in redpan next to the next to the the output of the signal. Let's move forward now to our current astronomy. We have a signal. They call it interstellar visitor. Another one, this member is a three I at list. It's coming in from it's passing Mars right now, and it's going to pass Earth within one hundred seventy million miles in December of this year. Now there's a Harvard astronomer, Abvi Loewen. He's an alien hunter off so and I'm sure he's got tenure at Harvard. He he claims that this, this interstellar object is the thing that actually admitted this signal back forty eight years ago. He says, there are only a point six probably point six percent chance of this this things did not happen because they're coming from the very same direction in space from the the signal and the uh this this this object is traveling through and he's claiming that this isn't actually an artifact from an advanced extraterrestrial civilization.
Speaker 2: And with us to.
Speaker 11: Admit this signal, that have to have almost a nuclear power size power source to admit that powerful signal from almost six hundred astronomical units away when it did it. So we're going to see what happens. Hopefully they don't come by and say take me to your leader, because that would shock everybody so well.
Speaker 1: And they might actually like Trump a lot better than some humans on this planet.
Speaker 2: They might call him Daddy Science.
Speaker 1: Mike, have a great and bask in that elder victory over Moler. Yes, please, thank you, sir. Eight eleven at seven hundred WLW by.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Gary, I woke up prayer and you and your listeners, well, thank you. Take a minute and pray for us. I'm on my way to Dayton, Ohio. We're gonna do a prayer walk in a neighborhood. I believe it's pretty violent and negative. We're just gonna do a prayer walk up there from ten to twelve. So if you can please pray for us.
Speaker 1: Oh, you got it, You got it. God will be with you and God will protect you. And I believe that, hey man.
Speaker 9: And today we have James Chapter five or sixteen. It says, therefore, confessor of fans to one in other, pray for.
Speaker 2: Each other, that you may be healed.
Speaker 9: The prayer of the righteous person is powerful and effective.
Speaker 2: Amen.
Speaker 9: And I believe that with all my heart.
Speaker 2: I believe it as well. I believe it as well.
Speaker 1: And you know what, I find that my biggest sin most of the time is not always considering God first. Yeah, in my life, that is. That is the biggest sin that I commit, you know, And that leads.
Speaker 9: To gary It's difficult sometimes it's difficult.
Speaker 1: It is, it leads to all the other sins if you don't put God first.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: All right, brother, be safe today, and we will be praying for you, especially at starting at that time ten o'clock this morning. Pray for Rick Green and those on the prayer walk in Dayton today, and with that we turn the reins over to well just she's a different kind of person entirely that Teresa.
Speaker 2: Good morning, greetings.
Speaker 6: And salutations, Garry Jack.
Speaker 5: I am a queer bird.
Speaker 8: And I own every bit of that term.
Speaker 16: Guten morgen broyline walker just a connaughtnul, which is good morning Crystal two point zero in German, tretchen tretchen, hank dog lunder kott, which is sweet, squeak, franky, the wonder cat in German. It would be in poor form not to express my gratitude to you, Gary Jeff for once again bringing to us, Oh my gosh, us radio listeners, US meager radio listeners, all across only the Great Dry State, but the world. I have friends in a space on Twitter or x right now, Hi, everybody in the space listening to me.
Speaker 5: I love you, guys.
Speaker 16: Today's word is dedicated not only not limited to Christa miss Burnette Mystery, but to all the other ladies in the world.
Speaker 17: It is rest splendent r E s p l E N d E n T. Respondent means resplendent, attractive, impressive, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 16: Attractive and impressive term being really.
Speaker 6: Grank, gosh, I having a bad day.
Speaker 8: Being richly caliber.
Speaker 6: Or sub sumptuous. Here's a bonus word.
Speaker 16: Sumptuous means richly, elaborate, luxurious in a way that appears extensive. I love you all, God bless you all.
Speaker 7: Have a great day.
Speaker 1: That was resplendently done, Teresa, Thank you so much. Eight seventeen.
Speaker 2: They're painless breakthrough treatment.
Speaker 18: Right now at this point of season, with a lot of football uf to play, and so these guys are excited to get that taste out of their mouth and move on and play a better game this week.
Speaker 19: You know, you always hear the word identity, and what is the identity of a team? As a head coach, are you forced to try and change maybe what your plans would have been for Joe Burrow as far as an identity of this team and now having to shift gears at all with Jake Browning or anybody else in that position.
Speaker 18: Well, of course, Joe's the best to do it, and so everybody else. We got to try to do what they do best and get the most out of other guys around them, and so everyone's got to step up and do a little bit more.
Speaker 2: That's myself included.
Speaker 18: So again, these guys are excited to get back to work, and I got a lot of confidence in them and a lot of football love to play.
Speaker 19: You made the comments yesterday at the press conference about a sense of urgency for the layman out there, guys like me and a lot of people listening. You know, they might say to themselves or I might say, hey, you know, did they not have a sense of urgency last week or the week before that? Which we know that's not true. But what does that mean for you? And that creating more of a sense of urgency for your team?
Speaker 18: Well, I mean, everybody's got to got to pick up the slack a little bit, you know. And so especially with more a short week, so we lost a whole day playing on Monday night, football got back early in the morning. We can't afford to walk around a wait a minute this week as we get ready for Detroit Screat football team. And so people got to understand we got less time to prepare, we got more to do. There's got to be better since urgency this week to get ready for this game. And I know we're going to feel that. And I've seen that from them already.
Speaker 2: Talk about Detroit a little bit.
Speaker 19: I mean, obviously this has become a very good team under Dan Campbell. Chris Pielman a big part of that whole thing and putting together the hiring of Campbell and the general manager.
Speaker 2: You know Dan quite well.
Speaker 5: I know Dan well.
Speaker 18: I worked at the text A and m I worked at them four years in Miami, Hardens guy. I played the NFL for a long time as a tight end for Bill Parcells. And so again Dan's done a great job building that roster. Coach Jared Goff for a couple of years in La Jared's done a great job leading that team as well.
Speaker 2: And so we got to work.
Speaker 18: Cut out for us. They've they've they've obviously been successful teams, score a lot of points, play really good defense.
Speaker 2: I'm excited.
Speaker 18: This is this is what we do it for us go play.
Speaker 2: A great team at home and prove who we are.
Speaker 18: And so I'm excited for them to come to town and let's see what we can do.
Speaker 19: Is this one of the tougher teams in the league to defend against because they are a team that likes to run the ball. They run it well. You mentioned golf. He's capable of doing very good things in the passing game. So are they unique in that they tend to have more of a balance in a lot of teams in a league.
Speaker 18: They've got a lot of strengths. I mean, they've got a really good offensive line, two backs that I can use, the tight end that they spent a first round pick on running backs. They spent first round picks on you know, really talented receivers. Jared's done a great job playing quarterback. So there's a lot to prepare for. You've got to knock them off rhythm and you can't let them stay ahead of the sticks. And it is difficult team, but that's why do it. Let's go out there and put a great play together and get it done.
Speaker 19: Coach, thanks for your time, good luck on Sunday. Thank you At Columbia Chevrolet.
Speaker 20: Every new Chevy comes with a lifetime powertrain warranty at no extra cost.
Speaker 2: Just minnuttes from seventy one and two seventy five together seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 1: Good Morning Kids, Time fool GIFs from Wally The Business Trip. Two guys out of Chicago on a business trip south get into the Kentucky line and they're pulling into the next city and they're having a discussion, an argument actually, over how to pronounce this city. The one guy says, it's Louisville. The other guys, no, it's Louisville. There's an ess there, it's Lewisville or Louisville. The guys no, it's Louisville. The other guy says, I hear the locals pronounce it Louisville. And there's kind of laughing. And so to settle the argument, they pull into a fast food drive through and the girl comes on the speakers and may I take your order please, and said, yeah, but first, can you settle an argument for me? Very slowly, very slowly, can you pronounce the name of the place that we're in right now? There's a pause, and the girl says, burr gurr, king, Hey in Cincinnati, if you're a bear Cat fan. To talk about that and much more, our friend Moe Egger joins in this morning, Hey, mo, Jared, Jeff, how are we doing doing fantastic? Are y'all set for kickoff today? Bear Cats and Cyclones at Nippert Stadium, A chance for u SE to notch another major victory in this season's belt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I think this is I think you could argue the biggest game of the Scott Sadderfield regime. Cincinnati went on the road last week as underdogs beat Kansas thrilling fashion. You know they had been they had been so bad in one score games prior to last Saturday. Cincinnati was two to nine in games decided by eight points or less since the start of the twenty twenty three season, three and twelve and one score games going back to Luke Fickles final year. And so for much of last Saturday, the script felt familiar. Right they had touchdowns taken off the board. It felt like every time they were about to seize control of the game, Kansas made a player. The Bearcats got in their own way. But now things changed. On that last drive, I thought the key player was a Noah Jennings catch one handed on fourth down to put the Bearcats in position to score. And now you have a chance, you know, if if you can win at home today, Iowa States ranked fourteenth in the country, the Bearcats are slight favorites. If you can get this one today, I think on the heels of how they played last week, you know you could start to talk about this team maybe having a better season than a lot of people would have imagined just a few weeks ago.
Speaker 1: I tell you what two reasons I'm rooting for U. See Number one, I want them to avenge the loss of my father's alma mater, Iowa Hawkeyes, to Iowa State earlier this If you're a Hawkeye, the Cyclones are a no go zone, okay, number one. Number two, I saw the christ and I took a trip last weekend to celebrate with a friend of ours in Michigan. We just checked into the hotel a little after three o'clock in the afternoon. I turned the TV on before we went to the party, and there's the UC game against Kansas. We saw that final drive and it was so exciting. You're right that the one handed catch on that fourth down and the whole thing was just We're sitting there high five in each other in the hotel room before we went to the party. So, I mean, they did light a fire in me that hasn't been lit as somebody who follows UC football for quite a while.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a cool week and topped off or maybe started off, with that bear Cat victory. So very exciting stuff. The other thing that Liam has brought up this morning to me off air, over and over again. And I don't know why he decided to tackle this age old question, which I think is a pretty tired question. But I'll ask you. He says, best baseball movie of all time? The Natural or Bull Durham. And I'm going to why are you even bringing this up right now, this banal discussion of baseball movie? He said, well, it's the Playoffs. I said, okay, Well my choice is sixty one. And nobody knows that movie. Very few people know of the movie sixty one, but it is far and away my favorite baseball movie. But it's such a subjective thing, don't you think it depends on what you like? Do you like comedies? Do you like historical like bio picks like sixty one?
Speaker 2: What do you like? So your thoughts first on sixty one?
Speaker 5: The movie sixty sixty one is very good. I've only seen it one time, so you know, it hasn't been one of those that I loved it so much that I had to watch it again and again and again. It does sort of it depends on I think a when you grew up right, so in my wheelhouse when I was eleven twelve years old, pretty much consecutively.
Speaker 10: Bull Durham, Major.
Speaker 5: League, and The Naked Gun came out. Now, The Naked Gun is not a baseball movie, but there's a big baseball centric scene right right. MLB Network shows it all the time, and so, you know, I think you always developed an attachment to the films from your formative years. Hex Field of Dreams came out that the following year after all those three movies came out. So when I was a kid, back to back to back to back, you had these baseball films. So I think number one, it depends on when you grew up. I think number two, it kind of depends on what you like.
Speaker 10: I like comedies.
Speaker 5: There is a poll. I think when you get older, though, the Field of Dreams has You know, it's somebody who lost their dad sixteen years ago and for whom the kind of the foundation of our relationship was baseball. As a kid, that movie didn't resonate with me as an adult. I can't not be a box near a box of tissues. When when when Kevin Coster's character plays touch with his dad at the end, And then there's there's also are you willing to go back and find films from before you were born? And so I love the movie Bang the Drum Slowly, which came out of the nineteen seventies. Yeah, there's a lot of like uh face polish continuity mistakes in the film, but it's a great movie. It's Robert, it's Robert de Niro as a very very young actor. So my favorite, too, well, our Bull Durham, because that movie just it's still tracks, it's still funny. It captres minor league baseball in a way that no other film has ever come close. I think it captures the nineteen eighties when I grew up loving baseball better than any other film. And I really liked the film Bang the Drum Slowly, which came out I think it's seventy four, maybe a little bit earlier. Those are my two choices. One is entirely sentimental. Bang the Drum Slowly is about a ballplayer who gets sick during the season and ultimately passes. And Bull Durham's just a funny film. Those are my two favorites.
Speaker 1: The only thing about Bull Durham to me is I wouldn't have slept with Susan Sarandon then, nor would I do it now.
Speaker 2: So just personal preference total, I understand.
Speaker 1: Moving along, and this is a real curveball here most since we're in baseball parlance, if you made a movie about the just concluded season of the Cincinnati Reds, what would you title that movie?
Speaker 5: I'll call it the first step?
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 5: I think whenever there's a season like that, there's a tendency that fans have and maybe media as well, to ask, well, was it a successful season? And my response to that question is ask me in a year, ask me in two years, maybe ask me at the end of this offseason. I think this season was the necessary first step. I think making the playoffs was not insignificant. When you're a franchise that hasn't played a lot of playoff games in your recent history and you get there with the core players they have, I think that's tangible proof of their organizational plan working. And I think that is a small but tangible payoff the years of waiting for this team to return to the postseason. That said, Number one, this was not a great team. They finished with eighty three victories, They barely straight by their chances of advancing in the postseason, which were already not great, were compromised because they needed the last day of the season to matter. So there's number one. Number two making the postseason should not obscure the fact that this front office has I think a lot of really tough decisions to make and a lot of work to do this offseason. This was a deeply flawed team. They have a core of guys where are building around. But I think if you look up and down the lineup, you can find players that they either need significant better performance from or that they can improve upon this offseason. And what Nick Krawl does with the roster, I think primarily for most folks, it's fighting somebody who can hit the ball out of the ballpark with some degree of regularity is really important. And then number three, if we're sitting near a year from now or two years from now and they're not back in the postseason or they haven't advanced in the postseason, and what we just went through ends up being the high point of a I don't know, three or four years stretch which I think we're all gonna feel pretty unfulfilled. I think this season was a necessary first step. They got there. They got there with their manager in its first season. Yeah, but now it's do you compete with the big boys? And you know, do you go into next year in the postseason better equipped to win, better equipped to beat a team like the Dodgers. Maybe was such a good record that you don't have to play in the first round, or you could at least play at home. I think all of those things have to happen for most of us to feel good about the season that just concluded.
Speaker 2: How big a difference maker was Terry Francona Anthony.
Speaker 5: I think he was a difference maker.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 5: I had a conversation last week with Tommy Prawl and I don't think Tommy will be upset of me for revealing this. But we did a show on the Wednesday at that Pirates game from the Holy Grail, and Tommy was nice enough to walk over from the ballpark and sit with me, and before we went on the air, you know, I said something to the effect of, you know, this is a lot of fun, you know, doing a show like this before a game like this, and he's like, you know, and the radio play by play guy I always has a very intimate relationship with the manager because he's the one his conducts a one on one interview every single day, and he went out of his way to tell me he's like, the impact that Tito has had on this team has been amazing and profound, and so that stuck with me, and Tommy went on to kind of express as much on the air. I think sometimes people get too caught up in, you know, tactical decisions and does he leave this picture in too long? And I'll be honest with you, I didn't think Tito had a very good two days in Los Angeles. I didn't understand in game one why he like Brian Hayes bad for himself. I didn't understand why he let Zach Ltel stay in the game so long. I didn't understand why he pulled Nick Lodolo so quickly. On a micro level, though, I think every manager over the course of a long season is going to make moves that you could second guess. I think he did a great job of keeping this team focused on today. You know, there were so many losses this year, and you and I talked after some of them. There were so many losses this year that felt like that's it. You know, it's going to send the scene that send the season circling down the dream, and every single time, Tito's message publicly and I know it was privately, was blush yesterday, flush what has happened? Forget the next series, forget what we're doing in a month, Let's win the next baseball game. And I think that message hit home for this team. The singular focus on let's win the next one in front of us was a big reason why this team got to the postseason. I think it's gonna be really interesting, though. I think Tito spent the majority of the first season, and I think he would be willing to get to admit this, getting to know his players, getting to know the lay of the land, maybe getting to know the organization. And I think he is going to be the first to tell you that the expectations for next year are going to be pretty big and there's going to be an added focus on how he manages next year's team, and I think he's going to be up to the test.
Speaker 1: Do the Bengals are they able to put the last two weeks behind them? Well, in regard to what you just talked about with the Reds and Tito, I mean, in baseball, you have a lot more opportunities in the NFL. But I don't know how you put forty eight ten and you know, twenty eight to three behind you.
Speaker 5: I just don't know, well, especially when the next team in front of you is better than the team that beat you forty eight ten, the team to beat you twenty eight to three. You know that's Monday Night was a real damning indictment against both Zach Taylor and Juke Tobin. You know, number one, it's one thing to understand you're going to be limited when you're playing with a backup quarterback and a backup quarterback in Jake Browning who played like garbage. There's just no other way to put it. You understand all that, and you understand there's limitations that as a play caller and as an offensive coach you have to deal with. There's no excuse for your team looking blatantly unprepared. They couldn't have They couldn't figure out how to get eleven men on the field, they couldn't figure out how to line up. And I'm watching on Thursday night San Francisco forty nine ers with MATC. Jones playing quarterback. A whole post of injuries to really good players and they won a game on the road in LA against the Rams, and that in itself is impressive, But to me, it was how they looked in spite of who they didn't have. They looked prepared on a short week. They looked cohesive, They looked like they had a plan. It looked like the coaching staff figured out a way to cobble together enough of a plan and get that team ready to go to go win a game against the division rival on the road. What I saw from the Bengals on Monday night was the antithesis of that. And then there's Duke Tobin. Look at that roster. Look at that team that took the field. So many of the players who either got benched or played poorly or added nothing. For players who were here last year, Cam Taylor Brett got benched on Monday night. We had seen that before, cut bench twice last year. So Duke Tobin decided, you know what, I'm gonna take last year's team and I'm basically gonna run it back with a lot of guys who were on last year's team. Last year's team wasn't good enough to get to the postseason. Despite Joe Burrow being great and so I think everybody is fearing a blood bath tomorrow. The Detroit Lions are from an offensive perspective as good as any anybody in the NFL. The Bengals are huge home underdogs. I want to see something that looks prepared. I have no expectation that they win the football game, but after what I watched the last two weeks, show up. The only way the conversation's really gonna change is if the team itself looks prepared. We'll see if they do show up.
Speaker 1: The one positive about tomorrow is I really want I like watching the Lions play. Their fun to watch, and so are my Vanderbilt commodorees. Going for another big signature victory today in Tuscaloosa against the Alabama Crimson Tide. Diego Pavia rules. He's my favorite college quarterback to watch, and Vandy's on their way to a possible six and oh start how about that?
Speaker 5: Mom? And Diego Poppy is kind of called a shot, basically saying, you know, hey, if we play our game, we'll win easily. So we'll see if he can he can walk to walk atter he talked to talk, you know the previous three prior to last year of Vandy Alabama games. I think the combined score was I think it was one three. Well, so what they were able to do last year was a monumental upset. Alabama's playing better. It should be a fun tilt in the SEC today.
Speaker 1: Mate, maybe Vanderbilt fans will tear the goldpost down in tuscal Lousa.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that be fun? Uh Mo, that would be fun.
Speaker 1: Have a great have a fantastic time at the game today, and we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: Mo egar with us and counselor how are you? I'm good? How about you? What's on the show today? Well, we are going to talk about it's a short show.
Speaker 20: I'm going to talk about some really troubling polling with respect to socialism and how the the indoctrination has obviously been successful.
Speaker 2: Well, gen Z doesn't understand what socialism is.
Speaker 20: They have no idea whether they or not. They're not taught it in either high school, college, whatever. Also going to talk to Attorney James Bogan. He's gonna fill us in on some new developments on men pretending to be women in women's sports. Also the Komi indictment. We're going to break that down and we'll probably talk about p did he get in four years in the hoofscow.
Speaker 1: I wonder if the Department of Corrections allows him to have baby oil. Yeah, cases of it, all right, Mike Allen, Saturday, midday after the show, show at Huddles Today, we'll see at the bar lots of great college football on TV.
Speaker 2: See you then, and we're out. Peace byball ban