Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 2: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 4: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the world champion La Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Wednesday, May thirteenth, twenty twenty six. You're Los Angeles Dodgers reeling a little bit right now. The Dodgers are struggling, having lost four in a row. A half game back of the San Diego Padres. Going into action tonight the Dodgers at twenty four and eighteen on this season. The Dodgers in need of the win. Well, they're gonna give the ball to the right guy. Show hey Otani on the mount tonight, first pitch from Uniclowfield the Dodgers Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to cover here on Marongo Casino. Dodgers on deck. You are gonna hear from Dodger manager Dave Roberts. That's coming up in about twenty minutes. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. David Basse goes one on one with Jason Hayward, now returning in a new role with the Dodgers in the front office under Andrew Freeman and Brandon Gombs. Sixteen years in the Big leagues, played with the Dodgers, now back in the organization in the front office. You'll hood from Jay hay coming up in just a little bit. We got your Dodgers' magical moment. Shortly we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports at LA and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Galloping for broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and a Rick Monday. Well, last night not a great night for the Dodgers offense, and certainly a night in which Yoshinobu Yamamoto would like to have back. He pitched into the seventh innam Buds. Yamamoto gave a five runs on six hits while striking out eight on the way, gave him three home runs more on that coming up in just a second. The Dodgers had their opportunities, at least early on they did. The Dodgers loaded the bases for will Smith.
Speaker 4: The old one from Houser.
Speaker 2: Smith hits a fly ball to right field, pushing beck Lee's on the warning track, and he hauls it in on the warning track as he runs into his bullpen fence. Well Tony tags and scores from third. It's a sacrifice fly for will Smith and the Dodgers jump ahead one nothing.
Speaker 7: Well, the Dongers will take it, obviously they score here in the first inning. But I'll tell you what, there have been some terrific defensive plays in the outfield in this home stand against the.
Speaker 4: Dodgers in right field.
Speaker 6: Indeed, a nice play in right field, as the Dodgers only able to get one there in the bottom half of the first Indy despite the bases Loadly, that's the top tier to play the game, brought to by Arco quality, top tier gas for less. Then in the third, Eric Hoss, the catcher for the Giants not known for his power, hit home run to tie the game in one bottom of the inning. Dodgers answered right back show hey Otani it's his kid. He gets a home run three hundred ninety eight feet to less center field as the Dodgers took a two to one lead on Otani's seventh home run of this season. Then in the fifth, the wheel started to fall off for Yamamoto. Harrison Bader a home run to left that tied the game in two. The very next batter again a guy who doesn't hit a lot of home runs, Eric Hoss.
Speaker 2: He is giving up a lot more barrels this year, Yoshinoba Yamamoto and the Dodgers have become accustomed to.
Speaker 8: Now has again first pitch swinging in the air, and he's got his second home run of the game. Three two San Francisco, as the Giants go back to back with two outs in the fifth and Eric Haas, who hadn't hit a home run since last May before tonight, he's got two and two plate appearances.
Speaker 6: Eric Hass had two home runs all last year. He had two home runs last night. The Giants took a three to two late and then the seventh, the Giants would tack on more as they scored three more runs as they go on and beat the Dodgers last night by a final of six to two. The Dodgers give Adrian Houser his first.
Speaker 4: Win of the year.
Speaker 6: He was zero to four coming into the game with an era north as six. He lowers it under six and his first win of the season. Meanwhile, Yamamoto gets tagged with the loss. He falls to three and three on the season. The Dodgers had opportunities early in the game, but not much after that first inning. They stranded eight base runners on the night, but just zero for three with runners in scoring position. They just didn't have the opportunities, as the Dodgers scored two runs on four hits in the entire game. That's it. The offense needs to wake up, as the Dodgers have now lost four in a row as they fall to twenty four and eighteen on the season. Tonight, they continue their series with the San Francisco Giants. They need to get a win, so they give the ball to show Hey, Show Hey, Otani on the mound first pitch at seven ten and with more we head out to the Galvin Ford broadcast both as we say hello to Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday. Guys, all right, TC.
Speaker 2: The sun came up on this Wednesday. Despite the Dodgers losing two in a row to start this four game set against the Giants.
Speaker 6: And four in a row overall in mo Those four.
Speaker 2: Losses actually make some history, not the kind the Dodgers are hoping to make. In twenty twenty six, They've lost four games in a row by at least four runs for just the second time in franchise history, the first time since nineteen thirty six. All that to say and underscore that this team is in a funk.
Speaker 7: Well, and talk about underscore. In those four games that they have lost, they've been outscored twenty nine runs to nine. Something has to change, and it's going to change in a hurry. The different lineup toninth, you've got show Heyo Tani on the mound. You do not have show Hao Tani as the designs. So Mookie Benz moves up to Leidosbon. A couple of other changes in Dave Roberts starting lineup. But this is about now. I think selection of pitches for the hitting standpoint, and also better swings.
Speaker 4: We're not seeing that on a consistent basis.
Speaker 7: About the only thing I think we can analyze the say has been consistent in recent times. I'm talking about over the last couple of weeks has been the defense of this ball club, which I think has been underrated at this point in the season.
Speaker 2: Oh, they've been one of the best defensive teams in the league. It did falter a little bit last night in a first and third, one out situation with the safety squeeze put on by Drew Gilbert and Freddie Freeman couldn't come home and make the play just but well executed to San Francisco. I think that you could say more so than the Dodgers failing to execute a play. But either way, now they're in a hole in this series. They're trying to fight to split this thing, and they've dropped four or five games to the Giants, who in this series they look like the Giants. I think most analysts expected going into the season. They just hadn't been here.
Speaker 4: Up to this point.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the expectations were much higher than what the performance was until they have come into this series and of recent times as well. They're still eighteen and twenty four overall, but the Giants have won three in a row and they are playing like a ball club now that has kind of gotten a foothold, especially when you look at the fact they scored twenty two runs in the three games that they have won. They hit five home runs. This is not a home run hitting ball club if you look at the Giants, but they had lost nine of the previous eleven games, scoring just barely over two runs a ballgame in that stretch. But right now they are feeling their oats and they are not afraid to swing the bats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're looking for their first four game winning streak of the season. The Dodters trying to avoid a five game losing streak for the first time since last September. That was part of that two two and a half month skid where they were one of the worst teams in baseball in twenty twenty five. And they got the right guy on the mound to try and stop this thing. They lose their d eight to the top of the order because he's getting a nine off from hitting Old Tani though, is the best era in baseball of pitchers with at least what thirty innings or whatever it is, it's sub one. He is coming off back to back losses though, despite giving up two or fewer runs in both of those games.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he could have sued for lack of support, there's no question about that. We talked about a different lineup tonight. Max Munsey is going to sit at least at the beginning, the left handed Robbie Ray going for San Francisco, So Santiago Espino will be at third base. Alex Cole will get the start in the left field as well in tonight's Bowl games, so kind of just readjusting some lineup positions. Miguel Rojas will be at second base, but again Mookie Betts will bat in the eliteof spot.
Speaker 4: Then Will Smith and Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 2: Looking forward to this night at the ballpark.
Speaker 4: It's a beautiful one.
Speaker 2: They are giving away their twenty twenty five World Championship gold jerseys as folks stroll into the stadium. Tim will join you a little bit later with a key from Moe.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you, Nell. He has a call you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, get that game day meal on its Shaky's Pizza Partner. Order your Shaky's Pizza Shaken and Mojo's. You can do it right now at Shaky's dot com. Coming up here. I'm a Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager Dave Roberts. David Vase checks in, of course throughout the hour. He's gonna sit down one on one with Jason Hayward, who is rejoining the Dodgers after sixteen years and the big leagues. Played for the Dodgers, earned himself a World Series ring in twenty twenty four. He's back in the organization now in the front office helping out. Andrew Freeman. Will hear from Jay hay Coming up, we got all that lean you up to Dodgers and the Giants on this Wednesday night, first pitch at seventeen. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Networks.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Giants on this Wednesday night. Dodgers need a win show. Hey Otani on the matt left hander Robbie Ray will go for the San Francisco Giants. First pitch coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind two and one.
Speaker 2: The count Harshuser Old Tani drills one left.
Speaker 6: Hailed this post hit deep and it is gone.
Speaker 8: He looks to the sky rounding first base as if to say, finally, show hey, old Tani and the Dodgers hope that is a slump busting swing.
Speaker 1: It is a tie breaking one for sure.
Speaker 6: Two on LA show Hey Otani homer for the first time since April twenty sixth as show Hey goes deep his seventh of the year. Otani last night two for four, the home run, on base three times, including a walk. The Dodgers only had four hits in the game. He had half of them. However, the Giants win the game last night, six to two.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: And Kirston now joins us from the stadium. Brought to by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate today, your car can be picked up tomorrow. Donate now at Carsfrokids dot org. That's Cars with the K, the Dodgers and a funk right now and tonight show Hey O Tani on the mound, but not in the lineup, Kirsen.
Speaker 9: Yeah, only focusing on pitching today. And you know what, let's just start with that quickly because with him focusing on pitchure, he gets to be the stopper today. And he has been so good this year on the mountain. We know he's talked about, you know, wanting to win aside Young, the results have been there, and so the hope is that he can really set the tone. Now you mentioned he is not in the lineup today, and this has been a big topic of conversation show Hey as of late has been struggling at the plate. He's been trying to find ways to get back on track. Now, last night he did get back on track. He did have a two hit game, had a home run that went to like left center, and that's exactly when he's going there. He is truly going right. So you know, Dave Roberts had shared that he had already had a conversation with Shohy and the plan yesterday as well yes today, was to have him just focusing on pitching, not worrying about hitting. He's not going to be playing at all tomorrow, so he's not going to be in as the DH tomorrow. If situation comes about and they need him as a late bat late in the game, then he will be available. But Dave has made it very clear that with him getting back to his two way full time ability, just it is a lot on the body. It's a lot mentally, it's a lot physically. We know he's been grinding at the plate as I mentioned, So it was more of a way of how can we just give him a day to reset, give him a little time. So by allowing him just to focus on the pitching and then allowing him to recover fully tomorrow, the hope is that not only can he continue to be in a good spot, but it also could allow him to be in a situation where he can continue to build on the results that he had last night.
Speaker 6: With no show Hay in the lineup as a hitter, that means the Dodgers lineup looks a little different, and by a little it means a lot different.
Speaker 9: To that it does mean a lot different. So obviously no show, Hey, so who isn't at the DH? Usually we've been seeing adult and rushing stepping in as the DH whenever show Heyo Tani? Has it been hitting as a d when he's been pitching? But you know this, Today Dave Roberts decided to put Taoscar Hernandez as a DH, and it kind of is like a.
Speaker 6: Twofold for Tao.
Speaker 9: Not only does it get him off his feet, they are essentially at the beginning of thirteen in a row, so it gets him off his feet and playing a lot recently, but it also kind of puts him in a position where he can keep working on his swing. He is someone who they moved him down in the order a few days ago and that actually did work for him for Taoscar, so he's still working through a few things, trying to get that field, trying to get that consistency, so it allows for him just to continue to be out there to work through. That also allows for Alex call who has been excellent at the plate, allows him some playing time in the outfield, and then just looking at the order, they decided not just to switch the DH, but ultimately changing the lineup a little bit so Mookie Betts, who Dodger fans have seen a lot in the past batting lead off, not since Joho Tani has been here, but they had seen that, and so he's going to be back there. And the hope is, obviously with his return coming off the IL to start this series, was hopefully he can be the spark for the offense, and that is a feeling amongst everyone, not necessarily him being the spark, but somebody being the spark.
Speaker 6: And hopefully that can start tonight. Let's hope it begins tonight. This Dodgers team can turn things around and get back on a winning streak. Here still, we appreciate it. We'll check you with you after the game. Still to come here on Marongo because you know Dodgers on Deck, David bat Day will go one on one with Jason Hayward. Yes, former Dodger now retired after sixteen years in the Major leagues, and he has returned as a special assistant to the Dodgers' front office. You'll hear from Jay hay coming up. But up next, we'll get you an injury report and we'll hear for the manager. Dave Roberts lea up to Dodgers and Giants first pitch at seven ten on this Wednesday night. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue All season Law.
Speaker 6: Moroco Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Wednesday night, beautiful night in Southern California. As we lead you up to first pitch, Dodgers and the Hay in San Francisco Giants, Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a grand slam for a good time show. Hey O Toddy on the mount first pitch at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 6: Presented by UCLA Healthy, official medical partner of your Los Angeles Dodgers. Tyler Glastow on the IL with the lower back spasms. Edwin Diaz on the IL recovering from the elbow surgery. Tommy Edmund on the sixty day IL, working his way back from offseason ankle surgery. Keyk Hernandez on the sixth hed I L. He's in Triple A, Oklahoma City, working his way back. Ben Casparius is working with the right shoulder inflammation, of course. Brock Stewart on the I L again came off the I L, now back on the I L just a few days later with left bone spurs in his foot. Gavin Stone, Evan Phillips, Land and nec we were Ryan all on the injured list. All right, we head back out to the stadium and check ot with the Dodgers, get burn anything else.
Speaker 5: Questions for Dave?
Speaker 4: Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 10: The dugouts with Dave Roberts, Yeah, I think, uh, you know, started with show hey and just trying to you know, allow him to have a couple of days to uh, you know, reset the body, nothink about hitting. And I think for me it's it's Taylo's been playing a lot, planning to playing a few more games in a row, and then just to kind of give him a DH and get Alex call in the lineup.
Speaker 4: I think is a good thing.
Speaker 10: And I like the balance of the lineup, and you know, at some point here I'm gonna try to get Freddy a day off and you know we'll have that conversation. But I like tonight when you ask to through.
Speaker 9: The april the other night, when what did you start seeing from Nisa because of that? Do you think you're seeing a good adjustment right now?
Speaker 10: That's because of looking to get back on tract I do you know last night wasn't wasn't great, But I think a couple of nights ago, I thought, you know, all the avouts were good and you know, like I said the other day, it's I think we are at our best if tails up a little bit higher. But I also feel that, you know, you've got to, you know, earn that right to hit in certain parts of the order. And so I know he's been working on some mechanical things and some approach things. So that's that's good, and you know, you know, he's he's a guy that we need to be good though.
Speaker 6: All right, there's the manager, Dave Roberts with some pregame thoughts. When we continue here, I'm a Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll check in with the David Vez say get you all the latest as we lead you up to Dodgers and Giants. First pitch from Uniclow Field, that Dodgers Dadium's coming up at seven to ten. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tach on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Giants on this Wednesday, and I'm show Hey Otani on the mount. First pitch coming up at seven ten, Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by al Poto, born in la and made for your game day. Al Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your table every single time, El Pato Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 3: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on Deck, I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 6: All right, DV as you know, sports talker radio in southern California right now buzzing about the struggles of the Dodgers and five to seventies Petros some money. The Panic Brothers are in full of fact. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: Obviously it's tough to watch. I can understand why fans are not very happy with the way things have gone. And the reality is, since April eighteenth, the Dodgers have a nine and fourteen record. Only the Mets and Diamondbacks have a worse record during that period of time. And what's even more frustrating is the Dodgers are getting excellent starting pitching. They're getting very good pitching out of their bullpen, but their offense is not scoring. They're only averaging two runs per game since the beginning of that stretch of time where they're nine and fourteen since April eighteenth, So tonight a different look as the Dodgers will have Otani on the mound. But as you know Tim, he is not hitting tonight and may not even hit tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Dam is brought to by the Ford Maverick Motor Trends of North American Truck of the Year, the Ford Maverick. You need the most innovative truck with forty two miles per down at the best MSRP if its category. It's time to see Ford in a new light. Go to your Southern California four dealers today. What does that lineup look like tonight, David without show a hitting.
Speaker 5: Well, the Dodgers are facing a really good left hander, arguably the best left hander in the National League at least top three him and Chris Saal at the top of my list, with Blake Snell of course, as the three best lefties in the National League. So, Mookie Betts, as I've been telling you, Tim should be the leadoff hitter when Otani's not in the lineup. He is a little surprised. Taoskar Hernandez is the DH but it makes sense a left hander on the mound. You want to get as many. Right, he's in there, Alex call a better defensive player in left field, and Taoscar Hernandez gets off his feet. He's the DH. He's been struggling the last twenty games, hitting under two hundred without a home run. So as the DH, not only does he get arrest from patrolling left field, but also during the game he can try to, you know, correct diagnose some of the hitting issues that he's had the last twenty games.
Speaker 6: All right, Dave, Time now to pick the horses at Santa Anita. We looked at Friday's first race, one mile on the dirt, currently a six horse race. As we pick head to head this spring season, who do you like in that first race?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm going with the number one horse wasting aces.
Speaker 4: All right, I'll go with.
Speaker 6: The number two horse, Doctor Filkens, the number two horse. Good luck to you. DV celebrates the doctor in the house. There always needs to be a doctor. Celebrate ninety years of horse racing at Santa Anita every Friday through Sunday with millions in payouts every race day. It's preaked the stakes day. This Saturday, May sixteenth, at Santa Anita, Park watch them bet on the second Jewel of the Triple Crown. Tickets at Santa Anita dot Com. Slash events still to come. Here on Dodgers on Deck, DB's going to go one on one with Jason Hayward, who has returned after sixteen years in the Big Leagues, World Series winner with the Dodgers out part of the Dodgers' front office. He'll explain his role coming up in fifteen minutes. But up next, You're Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers and Giants. I'm Tim kases is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for.
Speaker 1: La Dodgers Baseball Lady.
Speaker 6: Up to Dodgers and Giants Game three of this four games that Dodgers need to get a win. They've lost four in a row. Show, Hey Otani, Robbie Ray. The pitching matchup we'll here from Jason Hayward, now working at the Dodgers' front office. Coming up in less than fifteen minutes. First pitch coming up at seventeen.
Speaker 3: I go.
Speaker 1: Hot dog, who wants a hot It's time for the Hawfey Magical.
Speaker 3: Moment Ditch Magical Dodge Phone presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 6: With the Dodgers taking on the Giants, we go back to July twentieth, twenty twenty one, Dodgers and Giants at the Ravine. Dodgers were down six to five going to the bottom half of the ninth inning. Tyler Rogers on in relief for the Giants, trying to close it out. He walked Chris Taylor on four pitches yikes. Then he walked Matt Baty on five pitches. Runners on first and seconds. Nobody out for Will Smith.
Speaker 4: Bo we got some theater tonight. They're at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 5: Oh and one the Will Smith and a fly.
Speaker 4: Ball the left field Will hit back.
Speaker 1: To the wall and Smith drops it off.
Speaker 5: With a three run home run with dodgers.
Speaker 6: Third walk off win.
Speaker 11: Up the year, and they.
Speaker 5: Come from behind to beat the Giants eight to six.
Speaker 6: Will Smith with a walk off three run home run in the bottom of the ninth off. Tyler Rogers is The Dodgers beat the Giants on that July ninth back in twenty twenty one, eight to six. The final the Dodgers Hoffey Magical Moment brought to by a Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffe Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Hoffee hot Dogs Local and so great. When we continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check back in with Rick Monday and David Verse, so he leads you up to First Pitch Dodgers and the San Francisco Giants. Up, Tim Kates, this is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 6: Law Dodgers and Giants on this Wednesday nights. We'll lead you out to first Pitch show. Hey o Tani, Robbie Ray, the pitching matchupill dive deep into the numbers coming up in just a couple of minutes time. Now for the Verizon startup, as we are less than thirty minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today.
Speaker 3: Joined by David Basseying, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series Champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Well, Rick, Today's a good day for the Dodgers to end a losing streak that we have not seen since the nineteen thirties, losing more straight by four or more runs.
Speaker 4: You believe that ninety years.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it would be nice if the Dodgers score some runs and they don't give up too many when show Hey Otani is pitching, and for Otani it's another night David that we did not see him as both a pitcher and as the designated hitter.
Speaker 5: I kind of like the Dodgers lineup tonight, Rick with Mookie Betts leading off in taoscar Hernandez the DH.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and we'll see how it works. Santelga Espinald would be at third base, Alex call Is in left field, and Miguel Rojas is going to be at second base, and for Ben's another start at the shortstop position is coming back. It just adds another dimension to this ball club when.
Speaker 5: You look at the Dodgers, and you've said this a few times during this stretch of time where the Dodgers have had trouble scoring with runners in scoring position, the number of double plays the Dodgers have hit into, do you feel like it may be time to start putting some runners in motion.
Speaker 7: Well, I think it's time to keep the ball off the ground. I'm not opposed to putting runners into motion as well, but which runners do you put into motion? Because the point will tank And I mentioned this last night. The last eleven games that Dodgers have hit into fifteen double plays. Of course, they had the back to back games in Saint Louis. They hit into four double plays in each of those two back to back games, so hopefully they get that going on as well. So ninety years as far as the record for the Dodgers not scoring, let me tell you a story that really started to develop in the mid nineteen forties. And I heard this story firsthand. But this is a significant date because the name Larry Miggins may not mean a whole lot. And for Larry Miggins, somewhere in the mid nineteen forties, he had a classmate of his that put his arm around his shoulder and said, Larry, you're going to be in the big leagues and the first time you hit a home run, I'm going to be the announcer to tell the world about it. Well, it was just a few years later. In fact, it was nineteen fifty two. On this very date that Larry Miggins did hit his first major league home run. It was against the Dodgers at Ebbitts Field. And the young man, the classmate that put his arm around Larry Miggins and said, you're going to be in the big leagues and hit the home run, and I'm going to call it was none other than Vin Scully.
Speaker 4: On this date in nineteen fifty two.
Speaker 5: How about that?
Speaker 7: And I heard Vin told Charlie Steiner and I one night in dinner in the back dining room about that, and he goes, Larry Miggins just had that flavor. He told everybody he wanted to be a major League baseball player, and Vin said, I wanted to be in Major League Baseball broadcaster. Well one of them went to the Hall of Fame being But how ironic that it was Vinnie that put his arm around Larry Meggan's his classmate when he was fifteen years of age, and said, you're going to be at the big lades.
Speaker 4: And when he hit your first major league home run, I'm going to be the one to cause him rick.
Speaker 5: It had to be surreal. See here the person that people are reading about today and that story from the guy that lived that story. Like Vin Scully, it must have been surreal to hear him tell that story that you just shared with us.
Speaker 7: It was emotional for him because it was a buddy of his and they both carried out and lived the dream together.
Speaker 4: Did they shared together when they're fifteen years old?
Speaker 5: I got to ask you this question because I get asked it a lot, and I have no idea what the answer is. When you were playing, and before you were playing, people always ask me, so, did Vin Scully go into the clubhouse? Was see around these guys in the eighties and the seventies? Did you see him a lot in your locker room?
Speaker 7: He didn't come in often, but when he did, he was there. His presence was there. We would see him on the road, in the dugout and around. He was always involved and a gentleman through and through it.
Speaker 4: It was kind of weird.
Speaker 7: I've told the story that you know. I was in the big leagues for what seven or eight years. At one particular time, they came to the Dodgers and my mother went night and says, hey, welcome to the big leagues. Well, her welcome the big leagues was because she heard for the first time her son's name being broadcast by Vince Kelly and playing.
Speaker 4: For the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Hey, that's when you know you've arrived.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, it's one of those pinch me moments. Thanks like being on the air with you, David.
Speaker 5: I'm sure this is you go from that story to being with me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good time to go to commercial breakdown.
Speaker 5: Yeah it sounds good. Rick, You need to regroup with your life. We'll send it back to you in the studio. Tip, all right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 1: DV.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball is presented by uniclode Field at Dodgers Stadium. Visit uniclone dot com, slash us still to come here on Morongo because you know Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper into this great pitching mad shop. Stephen Nelson Rick Monday will have those keys to the game. But up next, we go high and tight with a World Series champion, sixteen years in the big leagues and now hired by the Dodgers working in the front office. Jay Hey, Jason Hayward. D V goes one on one with him. Next, don't you go anywhere? We lead you up to Dodgers and Giants. I'm Tim Kase, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on tack On the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Giants. Show, Hey, O, Tony and Robbie Ray. The pitching match up Game three of this four game set Dodgers Baseball, brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor. Wait, doing it for dinner? How about Shakey's the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast? Sounds pretty good right now? When it's game night, it's group night at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vass a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 6: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and touch, all right.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers and Giants are getting set for Game three of this series. Otani's pitching all that. But I'm joined right now by the newest Dodger employe. He's part of the Dodgers' front office staff now with Andrew Freeman as his special assistant. And that is sixteen year veteran World Series Champion, All Star and great guy Jason Hayward. Back in the Dodgers family. Great to have you out here, and man, I'm not afraid to talk to you. I'm not afraid to hug you. People might give me a lot of crap about it, but I'm a hugger.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 11: First off, David, I appreciate it. Man, it's so good to be back here, back around family, back around very familiar faces. And you know, when we talk about being a part of the Dodgers organization, it's amazing to just know everyone's working together as the team. As our good friend Chris Archer here, what's just saying. But now it's good to be back and good to have an opper. Much appreciation on behalf of Andrew Gombs of carving out some space for me Dave Roberts as well. I told him, I'm curious. I want to learn this side of the game. I like to work towards being in a front office member one day, contributing to a franchise, and here's an opportunity to get the ball rolling.
Speaker 4: So super grateful.
Speaker 5: Some of the best started from the ground up as far as this part of the life. What will you be doing? Will you be going to the minor leagues? Will you be just canvas seeing the entire organization.
Speaker 11: I will be going to the minor leagues. I'm talking about visiting every affiliate. The unfortunate thing for me in my mind is that then I'm starting now and the season's already begune. But I will be doing my best to catch up. I'll be traveling around with the lights of David Finley, Chris Archer, Tyson, Ross rabul lebon Is, of course communicating with Rock Oball Delhi, some of the outfeel people. Just doing whatever I can right now present day, right like putting sixteen years of experience as an outfielder, as a defender, as a world champion, and all those And when I say that, it's, you know, the sacrifice and contributing to the player development side, and at the same time going to affiliates, learning the scouting area, learning how to evaluate players and be a support system. You know, while I can right now in present day.
Speaker 5: Did you have this vision the last few years of playing or did you ever have this vision while you were in the thick of it.
Speaker 11: I don't want to say I had the vision because I don't think that's fair to say. I feel like I was heavily invested in doing whatever my role was, especially a latter part of the career.
Speaker 4: So maybe that's a start.
Speaker 11: Maybe that's coming off the bench, Maybe that's being a guy who's evaluating my teammates and doing my best to get the best out of them, to support them in a sense. But the more I looked at it, coming down to like the last couple of years, it's like, man, don't turn the page on the game yet, you know, like, see what else you can get out of it? And what I know is I enjoy having conversations about baseball. I enjoy having competitive conversations about how can we win, how can we do the best to put the right people in the right situation. And I know that sounds a lot like front office. It sounds a lot like building culture, building ors is organization, excuse me, and getting the best out of the players that are a part of the system. So that was my curious iss and I appreciate them. Let me have a stab at it.
Speaker 5: Since your shoes are on the ground now, not the spikes, you have a different kind of view of how the team is playing and what you've been seeing. Obviously they're not swinging the bats as well as we saw in the first few weeks of the season. What do you see and what do you remember as a player when you're kind of in this group type slump. How do you get out of it?
Speaker 11: Well, I think there are always gonna be different ways you get out of things, right out of those slumps, David, because every year's a different year, Every years a new year. Yeah, yet twenty twenty four, amazing, twenty twenty five, amazing photo finish, twenty twenty six. They're gonna be different variables along the way, and you've got to figure out how to get through those. And I think it's just this group being creative. They're going to have fun with it. You see it with some changes in the celebration. And I was listening to you on Dodger Talk one the other day saying, please get rid of that the kick, you know, kick kick the bad vibes out of there, which I completely understand. But I think it's just the fact that they're forward thinking, right, they're realizing, all right, we know things aren't going how we want them to go. Let's get creative on ways to stay in the moment. Let's do our best to have fun. But I think most importantly to be honest, it's call a spade has paid and they realize things aren't going how they want them to go right now. But every day we see the work they put in out here on the field. We see the work in the clubhouse and in the cage or in the weight room. So no doubt in my mind the process will rise over the results and there'll be where they need to be.
Speaker 4: Just need to get a few people healthy, yeah.
Speaker 5: No doubt, and maybe do the Freddie Freeman, not the dance, but maybe simplify things.
Speaker 11: Seaball hit ball one hundred percent. Seaball hit ball helps. But no, the game is hard. The game is hard, and there's something to be said about being that last team standing back to back years, playing in the most games, managing pitching staffs and innings and all these things. Like again, there's so many variables of being that team that wins it. The first variable is nobody feels sorry for you at all. Right, so every day teams are getting enough to play against you, and that's what you want to have happen. But again, you just got to be creative, got to be open minded and realize that it's not always going to be how we got here. How we won the first one might be a little different in the second one. How we win that third one might look a little different, But you just find a way to do it and trust the people you have in the room.
Speaker 5: Love it, team player. Jason Hayward, Thanks a lot and congratulations.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much, Bro, good to be with you there.
Speaker 5: He is the man, Jason Hayward, a new special assistant with the Dodgers. They are better for it. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 6: Tim, all right, thanks a lot of DV. Great to hear from Jason Haywards. We lead you out to first pitch Dodgers and Giants on this Wednesday night. Next we'll dive deep into this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 1: Know well.
Speaker 3: This this Morongo Cassino Dodgers hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 4: Leaning up to.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and the Giants on this beautiful Wednesday night here in southern California. Getting ready for first pitch at Uniclofield at Dodger Stadium, coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: Brought to you by your Toyota Dealers. We make it easy. Robbie Ray on the mound for the Giants three and four, two seventy six e thirty four year old leftander. Thirteen season in the Big League's fifth different team, won a SAT Young a Ward back in twenty twenty one. Dodgers have seen him a ton of times, of course, he's spent all those years with the Arizona Diamondbacks. Now in his third season in San Francisco, making his ninth start this year, and he's pitched at least five innings and allowed three or few runs in all eight starts so far. This season's pretty good. Last time out, six innings, one run, four hit, seven strikeouts, four walks in a win over the Pittsburgh Pirates. He's facing the Dodgers again for the twenty sixth time in his career, his most against any opponent. He is nine and eight with a three seventy four ERA, one hundred and eighty nine strikeouts and a Battian average against a two to oh five in those twenty five career starts. Coming into tonight, Robbie Ray has thrown very well at Dodger Stadium over his career, four in three with a two sixty seven ERA and a one sixty opposing battiing average. So it's Robbie Ray against show hay Otani, who is two and two with a sub one ERA. The only thing he hasn't won is a Cy Young Award here in the National League. A thirty one year old right hander, ninth season in the Big Leagues, third with the Dodgers, making his seven start this year. In all six show Hey starts, he has gone at least six innings. In fact, last time out he went seven innings. He allowed two runs on four hits, eight strikeouts, zero walks, good enough to get a win, but he didn't. He got the loss last Tuesday in Houston again ste astros show Hey Otani has made four starts against the Giants, one to zero with a sub one ER, twenty four strikeouts and only six walks. He last faced the Giants April twenty second up in San Francisco. He tossed six scoreless Indians, give it up just five hit, striking out seven in a no decision. Great pitching matchup show Hey Otani, Robbie Ray, Dodgers Giants. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch, Keys in the game. Our next. I'm Tim kateson the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deap on your home for the Blue all season long long.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Giants going at it, Game three of the four games set from the Ravine Show. Heytani, Robbie Ray. The pitching matchup as we get you ready for the start of the game with a Sapporo start a great moment start with Sapporo beer, whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you covered with the variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including the light and non alcoholic beer. Sapporo Good Wiz sushi great with baseball. All right, we have back out to the booth one final time before first pitch. Steven Nelson, Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guess, thanks so much, TC. First pitch is approaching quickly here at Unicolefield at Dodgers Stadium show. Hey, old Tony will throw that pitch. She'll be starting opposite Robbie Ray, the veteran left handed the Dodgers have seen a ton throughout his career. So Maul, give me a player or a key that you are watching for tonight.
Speaker 7: I think with Robbie Ray, we'll start with this one. On the road, he has not been as effective as he has at home. At home a one nine one ERA on the road over four, and he has had success this year when he gets hitters to go ahead and chase that elevated fastball. The Dodgers have to set the limit. What's the top of the striketh zone? Do not expand it against Robbie Ray.
Speaker 2: So for Ray, he has been one of the best in the league at limiting hits. But of the hits he's giving up, a good chunk are home runs.
Speaker 1: Now that's.
Speaker 2: Not take into account the offensive struggle. The Dodgers have experience a fleet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and there's no question about it. But he's allowed low banning average against is just under two hundred. Speaking of low batting average against, I'm about show hey Otani a one sixty average and as you were alluding to, an ERA of zero point nine to seven.
Speaker 4: Just stay aggressive, my man. Keep challenging hitters, and that's been his success. Can't wait to see what.
Speaker 2: He brings tonight on the mound. The Dodgers need him to produce a win to get on the board in this series.
Speaker 6: Tim, all right, thank you, Nelly, thank you Mom. As we get ready for first pitch. Now, don't forget David's got your cover. With all the postgame festivities, recap highlights, all the postgame reaction from the clubhouse, and of course Dodger talk as well. Show hey Otani on the mound, will we come back? Dodgers and Giants? Enjoy everybody. I'm Tim Kates at the Back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network