Speaker 1: Right, it is Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 2: Summer is almost over, and apparently a lot of us are already regretting it.
Speaker 1: One in four.
Speaker 2: Americans say that they haven't made the most of their summer. One in four Americans are saying that they feel like this summer was kind of crappy.
Speaker 1: And I totally get it, because think about this.
Speaker 2: You spent all winter talking about how when summer gets here, you want to go on a vacation, You want to go to concerts, you want to go to dinner, you wanted to go to the lake, you wanted to golf, you wanted to hang out with friends.
Speaker 1: And now we are the middle.
Speaker 2: Of August, literally the middle of August right now, and you might not have accomplished any of that stuff. I found myself this summer accomplishing little, if not nothing, like I think. And I'm not gonna blame it just on weather, because I know we had weather, and I'm not gonna blame it on those fing Canadians and that smoky thing that ruined about the way to win two days, buddy, it was longer than two days. There was one day where we all probably could have been dead. The whole summer I'm not going to blame it on finances because you know what, there are things you could do. You could still go and do things. But you're right, I guess you know. Finances are tough. I'm not going to blame it on Shannon because she.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'm just looking at you. How do I like that? Netlik you?
Speaker 3: I feel the same way. There were projects that, like Wes and I said related to the house that we were going to do, we have not even started them. That's a big one, and I'm like, dang it, like the majority of the summer is gone.
Speaker 1: And also.
Speaker 3: Things like I belong to like a little neighborhood swim club. My kids swam all summer like competitively for their team. We have not yet once stepped foot into said neighborhoods swim club.
Speaker 1: I told the kids.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm canceling it this year.
Speaker 1: I'm done. Yeah, your kids are probably swimmed out though exactly.
Speaker 3: And we just have it for fun, like it's just a fun little thing that all the neighborhood kids go to.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I've loved my summer.
Speaker 1: You have had a good one.
Speaker 4: I've had an incredible because all the things that I've done. No, I mean you could say that met a young lady, beautiful time with her, went to a tiger's game, his beautiful where my deadly Sandwich? Absolutely, Josiah had an incredible summer camp program that he was into. Did a movie, Uh worked here Tennis set on the play tennis set on the roof, watch the fireworks. We have some great movies that came out, had a bunch of ice cream feel.
Speaker 3: We all need to change our perspectives a great summer, and instead I'm thinking of all the things that I didn't And I guarantee.
Speaker 4: You that list is so much shorter than the list that you could really be focusing on great summer.
Speaker 1: I want to ask this question.
Speaker 2: I want to find out for listeners, where do you fall on how your summer was? And then I want you to rank it out of I don't know, scale of one to ten. I'd say I'm a six for this summer.
Speaker 1: Six.
Speaker 2: Come on, bro a scale with stars, five stars, three stars right in the middle.
Speaker 1: It's a three star summer. Do you know this?
Speaker 2: This this summer to me, This summer to me was worse than last summer. And I had that shoulder issue with it there, I had more fun last summer, I really did had more fun, I had more sex.
Speaker 1: That's how you judged me.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know what, the best summer for me was the summer of sixty perod Go.
Speaker 4: You would really like that's it. That's a true emotion. Last summer was better than summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was. It really was.
Speaker 2: Uh Actually, can I tell you something about last summer. Last summer sucked because of what happened with Chelsea, Like that sucked. But I do think that what it did for us was appreciate more. And then a few months later, I'm onnappreciative again.
Speaker 1: You know you're back. I'm back. I'm back.
Speaker 5: But I had a pretty good summer. I would say, I think I got One thing that I noticed is I got reinspired. So like last summer, I was feeling like a little bit down. I was about to start this job. Then I started the job and I sort of like lost my inspiration for just content in life. But like this summer, I feel like I got back out. I took some adjusting to like be on air and like tired all day and then I didn't want to make content. But this summer, like we had an amazing event with the Tigers. I got to reconnect with creators. So I felt good about this summer. The only bad thing was like, I didn't find a boo to be cuffed up with this one too.
Speaker 6: Summer.
Speaker 1: It's not over.
Speaker 3: I'm at the point in the summer and I wonder if any other parents feel this way where I'm like, oh, I'm like trying to soak up these last couple of weeks because we still have a couple of weeks left of like doing all these things that I still want to do. And also I'm like, hmmm, I think I'm ready for a routine.
Speaker 1: I think I'm ready for school again. Got kids. You know.
Speaker 2: My favorite thing this summer was last weekend going with the girls to Cleveland book and I think it was that my normal summer is every weekend, you know, you're hanging out with the same friends, and then you're going golfing or you're doing stuff like that. It was an unusual thing because I got to see people I haven't seen in a year. But then I also got to experience hanging out with Lydia and Bianca. I was telling somebody yesterday I can't remember who it was.
Speaker 1: On the phone.
Speaker 2: I said to him, I go that the four hours of us driving to and from Cleveland was some of the most fun that I've had because we literally we did not have the radio on once on the way to Cleveland. The way home we had the music on the whole time, and we were saying we talked the entire first you know, route over there.
Speaker 1: So it was was it about like life or was it the show? Or no, it's about Honestly, it was a lot about personal stuff.
Speaker 2: Like it was a lot about personal family, you know, things like that. I sometimes I feel like, uh, you know, I need to change things up a little bit. But what what Jason?
Speaker 1: Are you there? Jason?
Speaker 2: Yes, they're so so far. We're all going through our summers. Kevin's the only one with a spectacular one.
Speaker 1: I love it. Kayaking. It was great.
Speaker 2: I want kevin summer. I want to share his summer with him. You know what it is? It's this girl, You're a part of my summer. No, but I think it's I think you're it's a lot of it is you're really enjoying this.
Speaker 1: Uh it that was a later summer type of thing though. Yeah, I mean, Jason, what's up?
Speaker 7: Not much just listening to you guys. I'm a truck driver. I started a new job with my brother, calling construction equipment around Michigan and parts of Ohio.
Speaker 1: Shout out Skyworks.
Speaker 7: Equipment, Grennell and Romulus.
Speaker 1: Okay A.
Speaker 7: So I leave next weekend or next Wednesday to go to Boston for the Susan de Coleman three day sixty miles pret Kink for walk to help out out there, and then in September, I'm going to London, England for two weeks.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's going to be a good summer. It's gonna be nice.
Speaker 7: I'm ready to go. My brother's girlfriend made a comment about going up to Scotland to look at Castle, so I'm gonna go up there one day. But I also found out it's a short little stop and jump over to Ireland, so I'm going over there for the weekend. I'm there, you know, right, it's just the summertime.
Speaker 2: Than you know, can I give you literally because we went to uh we went to London a couple of years ago and it was one of those you know, I'm one of those people like I go to Florida for.
Speaker 1: Fun, Like that's my thing.
Speaker 2: I like it. It's it's nice, it's easy. I don't have to like crossover customs or anything like that. When I went to London, I was blown away at how cool of a city it was. Take one of those cab rides. Go up in that what the hell is the spinny thing called Farris Wheel. Yeah, go do that. Take pictures with their beautiful scenery at night, because nighttime, I think is even more beautiful than during the day.
Speaker 4: But before you do all of that, while we're taking things, take a mushroom.
Speaker 2: Take a mushroom, but don't bring it with you.
Speaker 1: Get a London's room.
Speaker 8: I don't want to, like end.
Speaker 7: Up somewhere crazy.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: Last summer I went to Shane Garris on mushrooms. That's why I had such a good summer.
Speaker 5: Now I know there's a big guy, Nate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Nate gets Yeah.
Speaker 5: He's in town. You can run it back, maybe get.
Speaker 1: Tonight forgatzis him? I love him? Jackie? What's up, Jackie?
Speaker 6: What's that? Yeah?
Speaker 9: This summer to me, like I haven't even realized that that summer's almost over.
Speaker 6: I still keep saying like.
Speaker 9: Oh, I'm going to do this and this and this this summer, and like my favorite thing to do is go to the beach or go to the pool, and I have I've been working so much, I haven't.
Speaker 6: Done any of that.
Speaker 9: Me and my best friend schedules are totally opposite. My daughter's sixteen now, so she doesn't want.
Speaker 6: To hang out with me anymore so.
Speaker 9: And I work with kids with autism when I got put with one of the hardest kids this summer, and it's just been like, just work and go home and sleep pretty much.
Speaker 1: You know what you're doing, God's work, right, right?
Speaker 2: Still gotta be the day on I want to be out at the lake with my friends exactly. Rank your summer on a scale of five stars, but how many stars?
Speaker 6: I'd say one star, one star.
Speaker 1: Kevin's over here with his five stars. It's not too late though.
Speaker 9: Right, I'm Dallas, Kevin.
Speaker 1: I'm done, not too late.
Speaker 4: Hit that liquor cabinet, enjoy yourself, right, I got what.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. We're gonna, We're gonna make this. Uh what do They used to call it an Indian summer. They don't call it anymore now, it's a Native American summer. They used to say that if the summer's lasted longer okay, Yeah, let's not one of those. I don't know if they even call it Native American summer anymore. Uh, indigent indigenous people somewhere we go, right, Ryan.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Ryan? Hey, how's it going Ryan? It's miserable, Kevin.
Speaker 10: I had a great summer too, Come on right? Uh, Well, we go to the a Lot because we live right there by Metro Beach, so we go there a lot, We went to the movies, were pretty much done it all, and then we're going camping again next weekend.
Speaker 2: So did you guys explore any new positions this summer?
Speaker 1: His daughter?
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah, I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: Like, we went to lake, so.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 9: The lake.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and my daughter we went to kayaking too, So that's great.
Speaker 2: We go kayaking, Kevin, That's what I'm talking about. Next, call Shawna. What's up, Shawna?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 6: How you guys doing?
Speaker 2: Shauna? Were slap happy? We gave away a car and everybody left us. This dealingship just emptied out. It's amazing. I'm hanging out with Bob the service guy.
Speaker 1: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 6: I like it. It's okay. I'm giving my summer five stars.
Speaker 3: It's been what was the highlights?
Speaker 6: So I'm a nanny, so I have been working twelve hour days, but all my families are on the lake. So I'm Golden Brown. I'm relaxed. We've been playing with tower boats, fishing. We've been having all.
Speaker 1: Times of fun.
Speaker 6: Fun from nine in the morning so nine at night, I'm looking at I went to the drive in three theater in Detroit. I've never been there. I went to see Fighter Man. Summer has been fantastic.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: Do you get use of the family's credit card?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: What? No, we just stay on the lake all day.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I know they don't. They give me, don't go anywhere.
Speaker 6: We just stay on the lake all day.
Speaker 1: I was gonna ask you credit credit card.
Speaker 6: No, they pay me good.
Speaker 2: But know that I'm staying on the lake all Some nannies get used of the family credit card. And if you are one of those nannies, call me and we'll hang out today.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, well yeah, sorry, I'm not. I love you guys, Mojo. I hope you have the good rest of the summer.
Speaker 1: Thank you. That is so nice to you. I love you. Thank you. What's up?
Speaker 2: Shane?
Speaker 8: Hey, Mojo.
Speaker 1: How are you doing today, Shane. I'm doing good.
Speaker 2: I'm living vicariously through that last caller and Kevin here, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Let's go. Hey, No, I have a really great summer this year. So in the last two months, I got married about two weeks ago, thank you, thank you. I've been to eight different concerts from pineab into Detroit, all the way in Detroit, my parents and my little brothers drove up from Texas to come celebrate with me. And then I just started a new job and I'm doing some training in Chicago in the next two weeks.
Speaker 1: Summer.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, man, it's great to hear. You're blessed, right, congrass.
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Nick?
Speaker 2: Not so bust, Nick, Nick, you want to rank your summer? Rank it out of five stars? How do you rank it?
Speaker 10: One?
Speaker 6: Nick?
Speaker 1: What happened? Who locked up?
Speaker 6: All? Right?
Speaker 11: So? I, uh, I love sports. I play uh softball in the summer, volleyball, soccer and playing in April playing softball, ended up running home, got injured toward both my triceps, hurt my neck. So yeah, I slipped, I slid.
Speaker 1: Hit head first. It was bad.
Speaker 11: Yeah. So I've been kind of like trying to recover and then I'll reached one of my left tricep. It's rare to even tear one tricep, but two. It's like in the metal medical journals.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's been a rough sum. I already told my bicep before working out, but this tricep thing was crazy.
Speaker 1: Try soccer as.
Speaker 11: I also have to postpone my wedding. Had a wedding back in June, and uh, we have to postpone it unfortunately due to the surgeries and everything. So hopefully I can turn my next summer around in October.
Speaker 2: You know what, man, I'm hoping that. Yes, I'm hoping that things turn around for you. I'm hoping that.
Speaker 1: You know you.
Speaker 2: It's weird you have to like cancel the wedding. Isn't that crazy? What if that that's a good thing. Maybe maybe it's not a good.
Speaker 1: Idea, I know, but it still happened. But if he finds out.
Speaker 3: Something you are very negative right now.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I'm just being realistic. Down everything for a reason. Let's end on a high note. Is he hello?
Speaker 7: First of all?
Speaker 6: The first time call long?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 7: Five star summer in Michigan State and I studied abroad for two months.
Speaker 10: Insane.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's incredible. By the way, go Green, don't.
Speaker 6: Why baby, come on?
Speaker 1: Did you need a Spanish lover?
Speaker 8: No comment on that.
Speaker 7: Yea. It was so wonderful though, And I also wanted to say that this summer, all the movies that came out were incredible, and I know that was mentioned earlier.
Speaker 9: Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yeah, well, congratulations to you. Be good at school, Okay, I don't want to see you getting goofy at Harper's.
Speaker 7: Never Never that I'm studious.
Speaker 2: I love it all right, And watch out for a kidnamed Luke if you be careful of them, man,