Speaker 1: The only thing worse than your annoying morning alarm clock down.
Speaker 2: The groups are good Morning Glory. There's no here, right, we're in the middle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's he coming up in just a few minutes.
Speaker 2: What do you have on the way? Dog?
Speaker 4: Remember we told you that Nick Reiner, this is the son of Rob Reiner who she killed his parents. Remember he was trying to get a bunch of money that was in a trust because he needed help to pay for his legal fees.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, the trust of the from the parents sept to him he killed.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: He had to wait for a judge to decide if he could use that, and the judge has come back to say yes or no.
Speaker 7: I'll update you on that story next.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get to that in a moment. We'll also give you some breaking news Ronnie. First though, in New Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: You're on Rover's Morning Glory. Good morning, Ronnie, Rover Doge. I love you too.
Speaker 7: Anyway, I was.
Speaker 8: Listening to the show.
Speaker 9: And you guys were talking about the worst thing you ever did, and it made me think a little bit.
Speaker 8: About the worst thing I ever did. But it went on for about three years. So let me tell you the story.
Speaker 9: This is back in the mid eighties, eighty three to eighty five.
Speaker 8: We were a bunch of teenagers, you know, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen. And when you see it.
Speaker 9: Gary Marts at night, this is back in the eighties before everybody had those steel girders and things.
Speaker 8: That you could use.
Speaker 2: Nobody had that back then. So what would you guys do was we would break the window out of the door and go in.
Speaker 8: And it was actually my job to we'd find the store.
Speaker 2: That we were gonna rob, and it was my job.
Speaker 8: To go in and find out where the trash bags. So after they close.
Speaker 10: At eleven o'clock, we go, We smash out the glass in the door, go in, I try in the trash bags and we would wipe them out out of every carton of cigarettes they had. And if anybody remembers going into a dry mard a seven or eleven a convenience storebag in the eighties, that's all that was behind the.
Speaker 3: Common Ronnie, I haven't one question for you, can I let me just interrupt your story here for a second. So you would break into the convenience store, the goal is to steal curtains of cigarettes. Your job was to find the trash bags, I'm assuming you could put the carton of cigarettes in. Did you, and these criminal masterminds that you were working with, did you ever consider the idea of bringing your own trash bag with you so you don't have to search around and you're ready to go.
Speaker 9: Because we were teenage, because we didn't even have money to buy that many trash bags their cigarette.
Speaker 2: What would you then do?
Speaker 11: Would you just smell everyone you saw, would you smoke them?
Speaker 2: Or would you sell them?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 9: No, we sold them. There used to be and he was like, I said, this is bag.
Speaker 2: In the eighties.
Speaker 8: He was the first.
Speaker 2: Arabic guy in the neighborhood.
Speaker 8: Who used to have a store on.
Speaker 9: Thirty second West, thirty second up by Trowbridge, and he would give us and like, like I said, this is bagg. In the eighties, we would get four dollars of Carton for generics and seven dollars of Carton for a name brand. Yeah you know, I mean seven dollars a carton for beck Winston, Marlborough, Newport, whatever we were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well, all right, Ronnie. Well, I'm glad you're on the straight and narrow. Now, I'm glad you're glad you get your life together five in September.
Speaker 8: Man, my criminal days are way long.
Speaker 3: God good good, all right, Ronnie, thank you, I appreciate it, all right, bye bye, all right.
Speaker 12: My friends would do that when I was in what they called intermediate school. It was fifth and sixth grade where I grew up. It was just its own school and at the time, cigarettes were in a cardboard display just at the end of the aisle, so they would push it over and pretend to be putting the cigarettes back up, and they would pocket them. And then they would give you a packet of cigarettes that had a mixed Menthols Marlborough. You'd have everything in there, and then I would hide those in my cl and that's how I got caught with cigarettes.
Speaker 2: But they wouldn't tell them. They would just give them.
Speaker 7: You just hand them out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's uh yeah, so you at the end of the aisle you could just get cigarettes. They weren't even behind the counter. Back Dennis, what you're telling me? Let me see? Yeah, Oh, I I did have some breaking news. Now I don't know, I really don't know any of the details, but somebody texted me last I don't know, Well, it's.
Speaker 2: At the beginning of the show for the last hour or whatever.
Speaker 3: The actress Hayden not even sure how you pronounced her last name, Pana, t A or Tir, whatever her name is.
Speaker 2: She's dead. I don't know what happened to her.
Speaker 9: She Uh.
Speaker 2: All I see here is that there was a nine to one one call from her home.
Speaker 3: For an unresponsive female and cardiac arrest.
Speaker 2: Somebody there.
Speaker 3: Her friend called nine one one yesterday afternoon, about one fifty one pm. This was in South Carolina, where I guess she lives, and they responded. They tried CPR and all sorts of things and didn't seem to didn't work. Now they say there were no signs of foul play and that the circumstances surrounding her death don't appear to be suspicious. So if that is the case, they must have some evidence. This must be must be some sort of drug overdose, right, I think so. So I was reading about this. Her brother died of a heart thing when he was young too. Oh really, no kidding. So maybe it's is it like a genetic thing. Maybe it's not a drug overdose.
Speaker 12: Maybe it's well, I wonder, because she also suffered from postpartum depression, she went through alcoholism, She had a domestic violence relationship for a while. She was very open. She wrote a book about a lot of her life. She was struggle a lot. So I wonder if she ever went back to alcohol.
Speaker 11: Or and the police did go to her house earlier that day, why for what?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Okay, so then there's something something else going on.
Speaker 4: This is the girl that you talked about not too long ago. She just had a book out, and she was the one that revealed in the book that she was on the boat.
Speaker 2: Remember she was forced to go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like some rich, famous guy was down there or whatever, and like her friend was like, oh, here it is, and he's just ready to go, and she's like, oh, I can't sleep with this guy.
Speaker 2: She's like, I didn't realize how bad Hollywood was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's I mean, I mean I assume that kind of stuff happens in Hollywood day in and day out.
Speaker 2: Like I'm surprised that anybody's surprised by that.
Speaker 4: Actually shouldn't be happening. It's not even funny, like they.
Speaker 3: I'm just okay, so you're a rich, rich movie star or something or whoever the guy was.
Speaker 2: She never named who the guy was.
Speaker 3: And somebody brings a hot girl to him and it's like, hey, here you go hook up. Like that doesn't just me, that's trafficking.
Speaker 7: Sex trafficking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's putting someone on a boat knowing what you're doing.
Speaker 2: No, no, nobody, No, there was. There was like a party on the boat. There was. There's a lot of people on the boat and everyone's.
Speaker 3: Drinking and and you're making this seem like they took her and her alone out on a boat in the middle of the water in order to try to No, this was just some horny dude.
Speaker 2: It's like, get me the hottest chick.
Speaker 4: Here, and then they put you in a bedroom and they say here you go.
Speaker 3: That's not it's like, oh, there, come down here, here's a was she in her age at the time too, She was eighteen eighteen, I don't I don't know how old she was, but I'm just surprised that people. To me, this seems like what Hollywood would. It seems like that would be full of that kind of stuff, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. Anyway, So she wrote a book, but she didn't name who that guy was. I wonder why, why not name who the.
Speaker 4: Guy was, well, did was she talking? And then whoever that guy was had her killed? Is that the conspiracy? Oh my god, dude a speculating. You think that he speculating big time again?
Speaker 3: This is you were just like these people in the Lindsey Clancy case who think that they've cracked the case and that the husband is really behind it because they don't have anything better to do.
Speaker 2: So you think that whoever.
Speaker 3: That guy was wanted to silence her before she named him, so he had her killed.
Speaker 7: Hey, can't say no.
Speaker 4: When the glass is full, half full, half empty, I'm saying it's full.
Speaker 7: There are always possibility.
Speaker 3: Said that they ben CPR on her. She was pronounced dead at two thirty two teams.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it says there were no initial signs of foul play and the circumstances regarding her death did not appear to be suspicious. They're going to perform an autopsy today to determine the cause and manner of death.
Speaker 7: So there you go.
Speaker 4: It's not drugs overdose if they're doing an autopsy, No.
Speaker 2: They would. He's still doing autopsy due No, of course they do. Absolutely, What are you crazy.
Speaker 7: I don't see that. The cops were there earlier in the day.
Speaker 11: GMC says right here. I see that, it says right here, look at it.
Speaker 3: Oh Yeahir's close to Hayden until CMD she recently had been complaining about back pain in the past year.
Speaker 2: That was the update at eight twenty last night.
Speaker 11: Then eight thirty three last night, law enforcement sources confirmed police responded to an incident involved in Hayden Sunday and there's currently an open investigation.
Speaker 5: I wonder what that is is she is that part of the that that was last night just before she was announced dead, So that just as police responded there, not that there was a separate incident like a separate response.
Speaker 2: That's just the police were there. Okay.
Speaker 3: Uh so, I mean maybe maybe if her you said her brother died of a large heart, yet, does she have a large heart? You think you would get that checked out?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I if my son died of that, I would want to check out my daughter to make sure that she was prepared.
Speaker 7: You have to do well.
Speaker 3: I guess we'll we'll find out soon enough, Dougie, are you ready for the sis?
Speaker 2: Here we go, Morning Glory.
Speaker 4: So just a quick update to a story that we had done on Friday. We were telling you that there was an emergency court hearing for this Luigi Mangioni, and that he was going to be appearing in court, and we thought he was going to confess and plead guilty in all of that.
Speaker 7: So it did happen.
Speaker 4: He did show up, and he did confess to the killing in his own words. He pleaded guilty to federal charges. And this now raises questions about the future of the upcoming state murder trials. So he did say, on the morning of December fourth, twenty twenty four, I shot mister Thompson in Manhattan and he died.
Speaker 7: So this is going to speed everything up.
Speaker 3: Well, they're saying that now I guess he has state charges and that because he pleaded guilty to these federal charges, they can't try him. It's double jeopardy. They have to drop the state This is what his defense.
Speaker 2: Is making, the argument that you have to get rid of these whatever state charges are against him. And I don't know, maybe they're right, but what a of.
Speaker 7: I guess state charges dismissed.
Speaker 3: Sort of a bust of you know, after all this, people are expecting this trial. You had those all those stupid girls that were showing up that thought he was hot. So they go there to the trials and try and get on TV, holding signs and dressed like.
Speaker 2: Nintendo characters. Well, they're going to not have their day in the spotlight unfortunately for that. But he's just sort of a sort of a sort of fizzled out there at the end.
Speaker 4: Okay, he's going to face the federal charges. Even with the state dropped, he's still like he's not going to be out.
Speaker 2: No, no, you know.
Speaker 4: So his session sing will be December eighteen. He faces a maximum sentence of life in prison.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: At least seven people have died after storms swept through Indiana over the past several days, and state officials say that floodwaters have finally started to recede. Hamilton County, one of the hardest hit areas, reported historic flooding, with the White River cresting Saturday at record twenty four point six feet, and this broke a record that was set back in nineteen thirteen. By Sunday morning, the river had dropped to twenty one feet, So thank god that it went down. Your mom lives in that state, and she had some really bad weather.
Speaker 2: Has she been away a county girl, I know, I don't know.
Speaker 7: Has she been hit by all this? And does she have you checked in on her?
Speaker 3: I have not checked in on her. Her power was out. She said it was going to be out for three to four days, is what they were saying.
Speaker 2: And she was.
Speaker 3: Upset that one of the neighbors had a whole house generator and all the likes, everything's working. My mom had talked to me last year or earlier this year about getting a old house generator.
Speaker 2: She was considering doing.
Speaker 3: It, and the quote that she got I thought was pretty outrageous. It was very, very expensive, and I said, that's too expensive. You got to find somebody who will do it cheaper. And then she never ended up doing it. Now now she's without power. I got my generator hooked up yesterday for the first time. Oh yeah, to the house. Now is this this is not like the kind that ties into your gas line and all that.
Speaker 2: You have to put gas in.
Speaker 11: Put gasoline in it, and you know, you put it away when you're not using it, so it's in the garage and then if the power goes out, I wheel it out and I plug it in perfect nice when you wish you did, I have to and then you switch the breakers over to to start going generator power, so you have to take ship to do it, so you'll lose power still.
Speaker 2: So when you say that you hooked this up.
Speaker 3: Yesterday to your house, what do you mean like you got it ready to be able to do all of that?
Speaker 2: And then yeah, you didn't have a power out and you just got no just get it ready and tested it. Gotcha all right? Nice.
Speaker 4: Five people were shot, one fatally during summer festivities at a downtown Lexington, Kentucky park on Saturday night. The gunfire erupted at Charles Young Park, where a crowded gathered community event. Among the victims were a four year old, a fourteen year old, and two adults, all of whom were hospitalized with injuries that were not considered life threatening. So five people shot. This was Lexington, Kentucky. One person was killed in that shooting. And then you have in Chicago, a mass shooting was unfolding around seven fifteen pm. It left four injured, two critically after a car pulled up beside a group walking along a sidewalk in the city's Gresham neighborhood. So that shooting, and then you have one more. Junya State University mass shooting. A nineteen year old has been arrested in connection with the shooting that rocked the university Saturday morning, left five people wounded, one critical. The suspect has been identified as Cameron Harris, and he is not a student on campus. Four of the injured are also not students, so he is in.
Speaker 2: What are they all doing they're on campus? Then nobody's a student.
Speaker 4: Well, it depends on what kind of college it is. If it's a college that you can walk around like, some colleges are very small that you know everyone on campus goes there, whereas other campuses are so large that I'm guessing Virginia State University is pretty big. So the guy that did that shooting, he is in custody. The Food and Drug Administration has upgraded an egg recall to the highest risk level if FDA declared a Class one recall, citing the possibility that consuming the one point six million eggs affected could cause serious health consequences or even death. According to the latest update, nearly ninety eight people have been sicken across seventeen states, with twenty six hospitalizations, no deaths.
Speaker 7: Have been reported.
Speaker 4: The recalled products were sold under several brands including Kroger Berkshire's Country Morning, Simple Truth and Sun Ups.
Speaker 7: So definitely check that out if you have eggs.
Speaker 4: They say the illness usually occurs within twelve to seventy two hours after eating the eggs. And finally, Nick Reiner, the Sun of and Michelle Reiner, the person who shot and killed.
Speaker 7: His mom and dad. He's been trying to.
Speaker 4: Get access to his one and a half million dollar trust to cover his court fees and commissary items, and it's been blocked by the trustees. Well, the judge had to go in and say yes or no.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 7: Nick Reiner has been blocked for yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean that's something else.
Speaker 3: You kill the people and then you take their money to defend yourself from killing them.
Speaker 2: I think the judge probably made the right decision in this case.
Speaker 7: So he will not have access to that one and a half million dollars.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 7: That's the shizzy on Rovers Morning Glory.
Speaker 1: Become an HD celebrity when you call into the show with video. After you video call Rovers Morning Glory, everyone will recognize you as the genius, were the best, the smartest, comment of all time. Just download the Rover Radio app and use it to video call the show being awaits with video call inside the Rover Radio app, available.
Speaker 2: In app stores.
Speaker 3: Face tattooed Nates a biker guy. He says that Charlie's looking sharp in that hat.
Speaker 2: He likes your baseball cap there, Charlie. Thank you, amish Ron.
Speaker 3: We were talking about worst things you've ever done, and amased, Ron says, I was convicted of murder as a juvenile. I did not do it, he says, but my brother did and I was there, so legally I did it. I'm married, I have eighteen grandkids and two great grandkids. The system really sucks, he says, well, what was the I mean, a'mish Ron, you gotta you have to tell me more about this.
Speaker 2: What happened? How did this all? How did this all go down? Should I hit the button?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 7: Calling back?
Speaker 3: Let me see here, let me hit the button I want. Don't you want to know more about this? Like, yes, they must have been involved in a crime. When you say you were there, you must have had to have been a crime involved or something, and then that's why they got you on the murder charge.
Speaker 2: Andre and Raleigh says were over.
Speaker 3: Have you heard about the black man found hanging from a tree in downtown Raleigh in the middle of the day.
Speaker 2: I have not. Is this like something that just happened, or is this is this something in the in the past.
Speaker 3: I do remember there was a story about a guy that was a black guy that was hanging. But this is a while ago. This was like six months ago. There was a at least there's a guy found hanging in the families like, oh, it's definitely he was lynched. But then the authority said, no, this is a suicide.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this is a new case or not. So I have not heard about that. Andre.
Speaker 3: Maybe he could send me the details. And Zeez speaking about terrible things, PJ says surprise. He even talked about the shooting and Canton where two females were murdered and burned inside of an apartment. Two males have been charged, but there's still a female wanted in connection. A lot of terrible things going on. What am I going to say about that terrible? Is it random or did they were they all hanging out? Was there something that they know each other? I'm assuming who knows? All right, let me take a quick break. We'll see if i'mish Ron calls back with this info on very curious how he got charged with murder. I see if he follows up. I've got to take a quick break. We'll be right back on roversh morning, glory, hang on, all right, he did indeed follow the directions. When I click the button and Amishron is on the phone to explain his thomicide conviction.
Speaker 2: Good morning, amased Ron. How are you?
Speaker 8: How good?
Speaker 2: How are you? I'm doing all right.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you actually using a telephone, considering your name is amish Ron and you're actually calling into a radio show. So, uh, okay, I say Amis.
Speaker 8: I say Amis because I live in a like a really southern rural community. We have a lot of Amie down here. I used to live in Akron.
Speaker 2: But you yourself, are not Amish? No, I am not. No.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: You know there's a they call me Jewish Rover, you know, down in Miami Beach a lot of Jewish people, and I just I'm I'm near a lot of I'm not a jew myself, but Jewish Rover what they call me.
Speaker 8: But I can see I can see that.
Speaker 2: Though, all right, So amish Ron.
Speaker 3: You had texted and we were talking about the worst thing you've ever done in your life.
Speaker 2: Do brought this up? She watched some movie about this, and you said that you were convicted of murder when you were a I think a teenager. What happened? Yeah, I was a juvenile.
Speaker 8: I was an Akron and things from really hard. It was back in the seventies and things for really hard. And my brother come up with an idea. He wanted to rob a place, and so.
Speaker 2: We I went along. It was a bar, Okay it was.
Speaker 8: It was actually down there in the lower Goodyear Heights and a guy got killed. And uh, because I was with him. Okay, I wasn't carrying no firearm. I mean, I don't think I didn't really at that time. I don't think I had the sense enough to know really right or wrong because I was I think I was too young.
Speaker 2: Well how are you at the time?
Speaker 8: I was probably fifteen?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm misassuming that I'm not.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying anything you know against you personally, but a fifteen year old those you're not supposed to rob a place, right, Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, but I don't think you can foresee, you know, the whole outcome of everything.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm old.
Speaker 8: I stupid, right, hindsight's twenty twenty. I look back, you know, and I'm and I'm not that kind of person. I'm not a bad person.
Speaker 2: I never was, I never will be. And that was the whole.
Speaker 8: Point is you know, I went through that, went through all the system and all that, and that.
Speaker 2: Was really horrible. But your brother sounds like you. Was it brother a bad person? Yes? He was? Okay, all right, So how old is he at the time?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 8: He was, I would say nineteen, I think.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you guys.
Speaker 3: Go into this at all and tell me what happens exactly, like, what what goes? What time of day is this, who's in there? What all happens?
Speaker 8: It's in the evening, just a lot of there was a lot of people because I I don't hang I didn't hang out in the bars. So but I mean it was, uh we walked in and I'm really not sure what happened, but he ended up shooting somebody. And I don't think he had to. I mean I don't think because he wasn't a small person. Okay, So somebody.
Speaker 3: Tried to stop somebody tried to stop the robbery from occurring or something.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Look, I from what I from what I was told, I can.
Speaker 2: What I can remember. I think a guy got off.
Speaker 8: A barstool and approached him or where. I mean, it's not like it had to happen.
Speaker 2: But you did you did you? What did you witness?
Speaker 3: So you're there, you're inside the bar, your brother shoots somebody. Did you witness him shoot the guy that you witnessed?
Speaker 2: Okay? And and where their words exchanged beforehand? Or what happened? I really can't remember.
Speaker 3: See to me, that would be a lot ingrained in my in my memory. How would you ever forget something like that?
Speaker 8: I think because it was so bad?
Speaker 2: I didn't you.
Speaker 8: Know, I mean something. I think you know certain things you do remember, but I think horrible things you do try to block out. You just don't want to think about them.
Speaker 2: Where'd the guy get get him shot in the chest and the nogging? What happened? I don't I don't know.
Speaker 8: I think I would think.
Speaker 2: In the chest, okay, I would think, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: After he shoots them, did you do you guys run out or do you guys stick around?
Speaker 2: What happens? Yeah? He kind of grabbed my arm and pulled me in. Yeah. Probably, Yeah, we run away. Okay, how do they catch that they knew? I mean, I don't. I don't know how they knew. I really don't know how they do.
Speaker 8: But I mean, as soon as they got me, I was just like, yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, we were there. I did that, and I you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean and you you so you you fessed up immediately he said, yes, my brother was there.
Speaker 2: I was there. He's the one that pulled the trigger.
Speaker 3: But they still charged you because you you know, under the law, usually if you are committing a felony and somebody dies, even if you're not the person who pulled the trigger, you can still be charged with murders.
Speaker 2: They did charge me with murder. Yes, and what happened with the juvenile.
Speaker 8: I was sentenced as a juvenile. And when they sence me, it was really strange because the judge says, I sence you until you know you're you can get back to where he was before. And it was just really weird. I thought I was going away for life. I didn't know, you.
Speaker 2: Know, even though people were telling me.
Speaker 8: Things, I was just like, I didn't I thought what.
Speaker 2: I did was so horrible. So you see, you were fifteen at the time. But what'd they do? They like you up till you're eighteen or when they.
Speaker 8: Lay out Yeah, yea, until I was eighteen.
Speaker 3: Jeez, they probably wouldn't happen these days, you know. Now they charge you as an adult if you're even if you're fifteen. It's weird, Like I seem like twelve year olds we charged as an adult.
Speaker 8: Like, you know, the whole thing that you know. I'm not a bad person.
Speaker 2: I'm out.
Speaker 8: I got, like I said, I got, you know, seventeen grandkids eighteen now, just had another grandchild and two great grandchildren. I mean, so I got a good job. I've been great. But yeah, that's still it haunts me. I mean, that's probably why he even called it to the show, is because it haunts me. It bothers me.
Speaker 3: Do you know who the guy was? Did your brother know this guy? Was it just some random guy?
Speaker 2: Did you? Uh? What do you know about it? I don't know.
Speaker 8: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: I don't even know who it was.
Speaker 3: You can't look it up because I would. I would want to know all this information if I especially if I were.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 8: But I mean it's something I wanted to get rid of. You you understand I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's almost.
Speaker 8: Like a like a confession. M h, it's something I want to get rid of. It's not that's not who I am. Because you guys were talking about you know, how you can judge people from something they've done. And you know, I will I hear people through the years tell me. You know, well, if you've been in prison, you can't change.
Speaker 3: That's not what happened to your brother. He was he obviously he's the one who pulled the trigger. Yeah, he's passed away, was in jail, he had got life in prison.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, he had passed away. All right. Well, and you know and even like from that.
Speaker 6: On and he even like back then I didn't know anything, but he got into the area brotherhood. He was just he was a bad, bad person.
Speaker 3: I mean, all right, Well, a'mish Ron. He's changed his life around. He has one hundred and eighteen grandchildren right now. He loves to screw, and so do his kids. They just they're screwing, screw and screwing. They have a lot of grandkids and amish Ron, I appreciate it. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Would you. I mean, isn't that weird that you want to know every like every detail about what might be too depressing to look up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's obviously traumatized by it, and he says he wants to get rid of it.
Speaker 7: But the only way to get rid of it it is to go through it. You know, you got to.
Speaker 2: It's like that way to get rid of it is to go through it. Yeah, that's a game on Instagram or something like one of these motivational things.
Speaker 4: The oar song goes through something the name, but you've got to go through it to get past it.
Speaker 3: Now, kids, kids are dumb at that age. We know that adults can sometimes be dumb though, too. Tell me what you think of this guy here is a forty seven year old guy in San Jose, California. He was a college athlete, played football when he was in college, but he got injured his freshman year of college. He's forty seven years old now, got issued the freshman injured his freshman year when he was a kid, probably eighteen nineteen years old or whatever.
Speaker 2: So that means he still has eligibition. You know.
Speaker 3: The way that they NCAA works is that they have you have Actually, I don't even know what is it. I guess five years of eligibility, get four years plus a he could be a register or whatever. So you maintained a certain number of years of eligibility. And this guy goes, well, I have eligibility remaining. I could go back and play college football at age forty seven. And that is indeed what he did. Here is a news story out of California where this guy's forty seven years old joining the college football team.
Speaker 13: Go for it, and he made the team. There he is on the field number forty eight.
Speaker 2: He's like, no, I'm going to do it.
Speaker 14: And I'm like, okay, I mean, here's here's the standard. Here's the rules that we that we go by. As long as you can maybe to get an opportunity. It's a good thing for me because he's been on the other side. Now when I talk to these young guys about all the time and not having regrets and not.
Speaker 15: Leaving leaving things undone.
Speaker 2: Now he's coming.
Speaker 13: Back and he is back in a big way joining us now is justin buzzer justin. Nice to have you on the program. So what happened did you play when you were in your twenties, and now you're saying.
Speaker 2: I want to finish out my career.
Speaker 16: I'm playing four years of high school ball and one year of college ball. Quit his injuries, and I just got home from practice just now. So I'm kind of sweaty engross now, but I love it.
Speaker 2: I just had this opportunity.
Speaker 16: My son, my oldest son, had this idea once. He saw that that Instagram reel of the guy in the sixties playing. He's a dad, you should do this, and I thought that's that's crazy. But then it stirred up in me, this thought of maybe I should give this a shot.
Speaker 3: And what was the So there's some sort of Instagram video that his kids saw of a sixty year old playing college football, and he's like, Dad, you can do this.
Speaker 2: You're only forty seven.
Speaker 7: That's fantastic.
Speaker 2: I think it's pathetic.
Speaker 3: Why inspired by this, Charlie not at all?
Speaker 11: Let it go. It's over. You're forty seven years old. You're taking the spot away from some kid right now. It's sad. It's really at least, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Technically he is still eligible to play college football and he's playing.
Speaker 11: Technically, you can do a lot of you could do things if you want, But it's this is just this is a this is a loser. He's playing for San Jose City College. This is worse than like no offense Jeffrey, Jeffrey's amateur wrestling thing. Those are all adults together doing it and like they're all doing it and that's fine. They're they're fine. But this Jeffrey's not taking away a spot from a kid that could be on the college team.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 4: I guess he's not taking away spot.
Speaker 2: On a certain number of spots on the roster?
Speaker 4: Is he is he playing like is has? Have they played a game? They're probably a training camp.
Speaker 2: Playing on the team. He made the team as far as here. Let me just keep playing that.
Speaker 13: We actually when you initially reached out to the coaching staff, you.
Speaker 16: Know, I first reached out to the defensive coordinator, coach Cook. Our staff is amazing, and he said he wanted to talk to me, and I'm surprised. I thought he'd say no way, but he wanted to talk to me. And they said, we'll leave you a shot, and they give me a shot.
Speaker 2: And I've just become part of the team, part of the family.
Speaker 16: We have a great brotherhood and family culture going on as soon as a city.
Speaker 2: And I'm so grateful.
Speaker 3: Charlie just discussed it. I could tell by the look on your face. This guy just disgusted you.
Speaker 2: It's me.
Speaker 11: There's nothing sadder than this. This is really don't you have other things you should be doing? Your forty seven?
Speaker 7: That's young, that's it's not young's.
Speaker 2: Still plaining your funeral?
Speaker 11: Yes, I just don't raise your grandchildren or something.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: I have a midlife crisis by a corvette or something.
Speaker 11: College football team, what are you doing in the locker room with him? That's creepy. First of all, it really.
Speaker 2: All come on. I think this guy's a pastor, Charlie.
Speaker 11: Oh, they've never darne anything bad, right, Think he ran out of fresh meat at the at the church and he's invading the college. It's just weird. It's really bizarre to do. Does you say classes?
Speaker 7: I'm sure right, he has to be part of the college.
Speaker 2: Oh probably, Yeah.
Speaker 11: Join like there's there's other people that play football of the same age. You could go join a weekly thing and you go out and do that. That's that's what you're doing. Or become a coach, become a coach, that's totally fine. But to take away a spot from a kid because you want to live out some fantasy that's going to go nowhere. Again, You're not really not going to go anywhere. It's just to waste of everybody's time. We used to work with a guy, do you remember. We used to work with a.
Speaker 3: Guy and at our old radio station Due and he would always he was always he was like in a basketball league he was in he was like thirty five. He was always in a basketball league. And these guys will play pretty hard, and he would always get injured.
Speaker 2: He'd be like, oh, I throw up my bag.
Speaker 3: You remember, he would come to work and he won't be able to move for like a month, and then he would throw out his knee and need reconstructive surgery and stuff.
Speaker 2: And at some point you do go, dude, you're like almost forty years old, let it go.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 11: I do understand that. I do get that. But at least he was playing with people his age. Yeah, Like, if you would be you go, what is this guy doing? If he was playing with eighteen year olds, you'd go, what don't you have.
Speaker 3: Anything to be a lot of people are inspired by this, though, Charlie second Chances and yeah for what second? You know things you regret, man, go join a team of people your age.
Speaker 17: I could speculate he was probably inspired by the movie Necessary Revance because Symbat's character, Andre Krim is a as an astronomy professor at the college and you know where the movie takes place, and Scott Bakula comes up and says, you know, you have another year of eligibility because they needed somebody on the team, because you know they were rebuilding a team.
Speaker 2: How old is Sindbad in that movie? Around was?
Speaker 11: He was like maybe mid early mid forties, baby, Yes, And that's a comedy film film.
Speaker 2: I realize he was aquired by that part of the story. I know it's a good point.
Speaker 11: And that's a comedy movie you're supposed to watch and go that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Nobody's epic of a loser.
Speaker 3: That the baseball movie where the kid breaks his arm but they could throw two hundred miles per hour Fastball.
Speaker 2: I saw that movie. That was a pretty good movie. Though it was called I Got the Crap. I can't remember the name of the movie. Major League. Yeah, No, I wasn't making that was Rick Vaughn sand La. No, not to sand Lot.
Speaker 17: No, the rookie, the natural, the natural was made and the angels.
Speaker 7: In the outfield.
Speaker 2: No, it's not angels in the outfield. They know Rookie of the year. Okay, you got it.
Speaker 12: Well, this guy's holding on for sure, because I want him to remove that hat so bad. The little tiny few strands of Harry he has underneath there. We were talking about guy. He's being bald earlier. He's holding on. He's holding on for dear life, for his younger years.
Speaker 2: He can't. He can't. You're saying he's not accepting his age. He's not aging gracefully.
Speaker 4: He got back from practice, so he's all sweating and his hair looks gross.
Speaker 2: He has a hat on.
Speaker 7: That's what athletes do. I think that's great.
Speaker 11: Was it Crystal that told us she went to a dance competition and there's an old lady dancing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you were like, this is weird? This what are you doing?
Speaker 7: That's like, should I join?
Speaker 2: Should I be dancing? Can I eat?
Speaker 11: A dance competition for a daughter who's what, you know, sixteen or seventeent aht the time? And then there's like a fifty year old or sixty year old early around, everybody goes, yeah.
Speaker 2: What do we do? What do we waiting for?
Speaker 7: An adult part of it?
Speaker 4: There's something wrong with that. It's an adult section of competition. They do for you handed that dance. Then you don't do it, let it go, It's over.
Speaker 3: Uh sixty five your roverge morning glory, Good morning video call.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hey Rover. Yeah, hey, yeah, what's happening?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 18: So I was just calling in because I'm as Ran earlier talking about his conviction. Yes, and you guys, well, I think I heard Charlie say about how depressing it.
Speaker 15: Probably is to be charged and convicted of crime.
Speaker 18: I'm not going to go into detail about mine or anything, but I just got done doing ten years.
Speaker 15: I've been out for ten months.
Speaker 18: Now, and I gotta say it is whenever you are charged and convicted of crime, unless you have absolutely no shame at all, which obviously we know there are plenty of people without it. It's a hard thing to see on paper in black and white, to see what is what your actions have done or what.
Speaker 15: You've been.
Speaker 3: Were you regretful of whatever your actions were, or more that you got caught doing it?
Speaker 2: And now you're going away for ten years now.
Speaker 18: It was absolutely uh, it was absolutely regretful for for what had happened out.
Speaker 15: You know, there's always that feeling of all poor me.
Speaker 18: I got CODs well, but absolute remorse for what what had happened and everything else. But it's always it's like, it's always hard to look at the details, whether it's robbery, murder or whatever it is. It's hard to see that that's what your actions were on black and white and being and being spoken of in a coortal log in front of everybody.
Speaker 15: It makes it really it's hard to face yourself.
Speaker 2: It's hard. What about the ten years that you did in prison? Was that? I don't I don't. I don't know about it.
Speaker 3: If I could, I don't know if I could handle ten years in prison. I've only seen this on TV. Is it as bad as I think? Or is it not really that bad? Because I've made people say it's really not that bad. It's kind of fun.
Speaker 18: Told me I was gonna say, it's it's not nearly as bad as what people think it does.
Speaker 15: But ten years as ten years. And I'll tell you what.
Speaker 18: Whenever I got a sentenced to that, you know it feels like forever, even though you know it's not your entire life, that's what it feels like.
Speaker 2: You're getting it.
Speaker 18: Just sure, there's no way to comprehend when you went in, I was twenty one.
Speaker 2: You got out of thirty one.
Speaker 15: Wow, yep, I just turned thirty two last week.
Speaker 3: What was the best thing about getting out? What was the or the most surprising thing about getting out?
Speaker 18: The most surprising thing for me, at least I can't speak for everyone else, was how quickly I got back into the swing of things, Like I had a job within two weeks, and getting out, I was already.
Speaker 2: I hear all these people complain they can't get jobs. I'm a fell in and I can't get a job, and they cry about this. You were able to get a job in two weeks. Yeah.
Speaker 18: I actually had this job lined up before I even got out. I had been talking. It's one of my father's cusstomers, and uh, he was telling him that he just he couldn't find people to work, and uh, you know, he knew my situation. They've known each other for a few years, and he was like, look, if he wants to work, he needs.
Speaker 15: A job, and he gets out, I'll hire Maryland the spot.
Speaker 3: And that's about a lot of people wouldn't do that, you know, they go, if I want this guy, you know.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing though too.
Speaker 18: You know, if you if you have a felon and he's actually wanting to work, he's out there putting any applications and everything and doing the leg work, that that will be one of your hardest.
Speaker 15: Working employees for sure.
Speaker 18: You know, Once once you have everything taken away from you, and you know, even though it's because of your own actions, once you have everything taken away from you and you have to rely on your family as a grown adult man to support you and to give you money every week, it it puts things into perspective, and once you're able to get back out and do it yourself, it makes you want to It makes you want to work as hard as you can.
Speaker 2: Like you know, you've you've everyone's curiosity here.
Speaker 3: Of course, now you say, oh, I don't want to talk about my case or what now?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: Why? What did you do? What? What? What's what got you sent to the big House for ten years to do a diamonds vehicle?
Speaker 15: Manslaughter?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 15: You and I was I was an alcoholic and I just I'm not. I'm not proud of it. I'm not.
Speaker 18: It's it's just something that every day, I mean, and I've gotten I've gotten pretty good about it.
Speaker 2: You know, I work so.
Speaker 15: Much, I'm gone five days a week.
Speaker 18: But still it's you know, whenever you think about it and you think about how many lives that just one one decision has affected, in the fact that you know, I'm still able to go to work every day and I'm still able to wake up and with my family.
Speaker 15: Like I said, unless you have no shame, then.
Speaker 18: It will eat at you probably for the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: Do you relive this?
Speaker 3: Do you think to yourself, you know, this one moment, this one thing that you did. You obviously you killed somebody in a drug driving crash or whatever, but you know that one small thing, look at the effect of that that had on your life and the life of everyone else.
Speaker 2: You just wish you could go back in time.
Speaker 15: Absolutely every day, I mean every day.
Speaker 18: It's it's one of those things where, of course, you know, at the moment it's not a big deal, I've done this plenty of times before, and then you know, one night you do you go a little.
Speaker 15: Overboard more than you usually do.
Speaker 18: And the next thing you know, you're waking up and you're covered in blood and there's tops and the incluance is all around that. That just and that's the thing I don't remember. I don't remember the crash itself. I just remember waking up and going in and out of consciousness, and on the next morning, waking up in the hospital, and after that, you know, being being indicted. And it just was that was a start of such a tumultuous period of my life that I you know, I'm so thankful that I survived, and obviously, but at the same time, the fact that someone else didn't, who had.
Speaker 15: No bearing on my life, who I did not know at all.
Speaker 3: It's now, the guy who called in earlier am is Ron and he was involved in a murder. His brother murdered someone. They were robbing a bar. He didn't pull the trigger, but he was there and he really didn't know anything about the victim. And he's like, I don't know, I don't know who the guy was or anything. Obviously, you have to go through some sort of court case or whatever, so you know who the victim is. But is it did you want to know more or was it too much that you don't you couldn't even you don't want to know.
Speaker 18: You know, I'll be honest with or over at the beginning, Like you know, whenever you first go through the core process, your lawyer will get discovery, which is all the information the prosecutors had, all the evidence against you and everything, and usually what you would want to do is get that so you can go through it and you know, check things that.
Speaker 15: Aren't right or see if stories are lining up.
Speaker 18: You're pretty much wanted to come through it to see if there's anything that you can rebuttle against or confirm like yeah, I was there at this time or whatever it is. And at that time, I didn't even want to do that. Like he told me he was going to bring me a copy of it, I just told him I didn't want to look at it like I felt. And I've found myself since i've been out being more I don't want to stay curious, but thinking about it more as to who exactly it was, Like I know the name and everything obviously, but I don't know more than that.
Speaker 3: For the most part, I've always wondered people who do something like this or involved in something like this, if they some people want to reach out to to I know, who knows what kind of response you would get? Yeah, yeah, yeah, or you know the duse he's always into forgiveness and healing and all that kind of crap.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Me me, I'm I'm probably the opposite. I'd want to kill somebody if they if you know, I'd want to kill this guy if he killed somebody in my family. So have you have you thought about any of that stuff? I have?
Speaker 18: I have, but you know, I'm on parole for the next three years. Actually it'll be too now here about a couple months, but yeah, you know, And one of the directives I had was obviously not to contact any of the victims family or anything like that. So I if they decide that they want to reach out, and they can do it through him where they can do it through a victim service from what I understand.
Speaker 15: But for now, even if I really.
Speaker 18: Wanted to, because I thought about it, of course, but even if I really wanted to, it's it's not something that I would be able I would be able to do right now.
Speaker 3: Wow, Well, I know you're on parole, so maybe we shouldn't be doing a video call that might be a violation of your parole while you're.
Speaker 2: Driving on a video call.
Speaker 19: So alright, so yeah, yeah, all right, and I got the solder strap, Okay, the safe way of doing it, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Well, I appreciate the call. Stay out of trouble. He seems he can tell this guy feels bad about it, obviously, and he's out. He's got a job, and he's turned his life around. All Right, my man, thank you. I appreciate it. I do have to take a quick break. Our number is eight sixty six year Rover eight six six nine six seven six eight three seven.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back. Hang on.