Speaker 1: We're going to bust a cheater with the War of the Roses coming up, so stick around for that. Had something happened to me over the weekend that I want to bring up, and I want to tell you just how small of a world it is. So I was golfing over the weekend and I had had to drive Chelsea and then come back from driving Chelse and dropping her off, and I'm going to the golf course and I'm kind of on a little bit of borrowed time. You got to get there at a certain time. I had a tea time. It was a little later, but I wanted to get there early see if they could get me on the golf course earlier.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And by the way, golf is like popular. It's everybody in the world. Seems like they're golfing nowadays.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It used to be back in the day, only the dorks golfed. And I was not one of those dorks because I'm one of those ones that jumped.
Speaker 2: On the band.
Speaker 1: So I'm driving to the course. And as I'm driving to the course, at the corner of Pontiac Trail and there is a Ford expedition in the basically middle of the intersection, and I see this guy standing off to the right on the mound in front of the dollar store that's there, and I could see that he's on the phone and his car is broken down, and I felt bad for the poor guy, Like I literally saw the car sitting there, and there weren't a lot of cars around because it's an early Sunday morning type of a thing, so there's not a lot of people that are up at that particular time, you know, even the people that go to church probably were going to later mass that day. So I kind of get a look at him, and I look and he looks like a nice, honest guy, and I'm thinking to myself.
Speaker 2: I should have stopped. I shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Well, I was thinking about Wes, and I was thinking, should I stop for this guy, and should I, you know, see if he's okay? And then I thought, nah, I got to go to golf, so I kept going. And also in my head, I was remembering, do you remember when I was at the Shell gas station and a guy came up to me and asked me, uh, Mexican guy comes up and asks me if I would drive him to Kroger. He was working at Kroger on the street, and I drove to the Kroger and I called Chelsea. I go, hey, I'm in the car with what's your name? And Chelsea was like furious over the fact that I gave a stranger a ride. So I'm thinking Chelsea would be upset with me too. So I get to golf, go there. They tell me I'm gonna have to wait a little bit because there's a lot of people in front. So I'm kind of like, you know whatever. They pair me up with two complete strangers that I'm going to go golf with. And I'm out there on the golf course and we're about three holes in, all right, And on the third hole, this guy says to me, Yeah, my morning hasn't been great. My car broke down at Pontiac Trail and.
Speaker 3: Haggerdy stop it. Please tell me you didn't say.
Speaker 2: What I did. Oh my god, I said, I drove by you.
Speaker 1: I was in a blue tie and I looked, was you in the expedition? I felt so bad. He said that his car broke down. He said it was crazy because people were pulling up behind his.
Speaker 2: Car and laying on the horn.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, not knowing that he wasn't in the car, and he was like felling so bad for them, but he said he had to sit there for a while wait for a tow truck to come pick him up, and then he had taken uber to the golf course. I could have given him a ride to the golf course or at least stayed with the guy so he was out there. So I was thinking to myself, you know, man, this is like bad karma for me because you know, not doing this, you know, and thinking about how Wes last week was going to pull over for that and did pull over. Yeah, I'm like, man, am I a horrible person? But then all I was remembering was Chelsea and her getting angry, which is wild because I told a friend of mine about it yesterday and I told my buddy Paul, and I said to Paul, you go, yeah, let me tell you the story. How quincidental. He's laughing as much as you guys were. And he said, you don't have to fear that guy. And I said, what do you mean, he goes he has to fear you. He said, that guy is in a moment of distress. And him being in a moment of distress, you know, he's getting in your car so he's like you, you'd be fine, And I said to him to go, But what if that's his little thing? What if he stops on the side of the road with a fake.
Speaker 2: Carke car.
Speaker 3: Crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: If you have you well you did, you picked up my little guy, took him Acrowgrasse and say have you ever picked up anybody?
Speaker 3: Or haven't you done it? Didn't you do it before?
Speaker 1: I did it before that too. I've done it a couple of times, similar situation. Person just needed a ride up the street, and you've been safe. I haven't had any issues. I got to be honest with you. I'm a rather large man, and I think people are more fearful of me, not if they don't know me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So I have one situation. So I get this from my mom when I was younger. My mom used to pick up any and everybody, especially it was like a woman, especially if the woman had kids, like we will pull over, she will. She had a van. Shout out to the wind stars and the villagers out there. She used to put them in the van. We used to take them home. We used to take them to the grocery truck. All that kind of stuff. So I think that's where I get it from, because it's just been embedded in me that that's how you operate. But I remember one time in particular, I'm on seven mile in the lodge right by the KFC.
Speaker 2: I see a girl like.
Speaker 4: It's like she's not at the bus stop, but she's near the bus stop and she got bags, and I don't know the spirits some said go to her, and I wanted to like take I probably shouldn't say it, like let me take you to a hotel because I think that, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, I'm like, I'm just trying to help.
Speaker 2: She's like, no, I'm oare why did you recommend that?
Speaker 4: Because she I don't think she had a place to stay, like she had like bags and like it was clothes in there, and so I just gave her fifty dollars or so.
Speaker 1: That might be the girl that was over at his house in spaghetti last night. Okay, So here's here's my question I want to throw out there to the listeners eight four to four Mojo Live eight four four sixty six five six five four eight. Have you ever ignored helping someone and then instantly regretted it? Has that ever happened to you, like where you ignored, you know, like somebody that you know falls or there's stuff falls, Like I feel like sometimes I've been at like you ever see you know, people carrying their bags out of the Kroger and then their bag rips open and then stuff goes all over the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're there and I'm like stepping over and orange.
Speaker 5: Kind of a different story, but there's a major intersection by my house and there for years it's been the same woman who has stood there trying to get money from everybody who stopped at that light.
Speaker 3: And one day I.
Speaker 5: Pulled up like right next to her, and I was rummaging around in my purse, probably trying to find like a chapstick or my inhaler or something, and she came up to the window, probably thinking I was looking to give her money, and I didn't, so when I went.
Speaker 3: To go, she screamed, you dick. Well, the kids were in the car.
Speaker 5: To this day, every time we are stopped at that light and the kids see her.
Speaker 3: They all scream. So because I didn't help.
Speaker 5: It has now become a tradition in my family that everybody screams you dick at this particular.
Speaker 2: Stop anybody, I should have just helped her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope that. So this so we were golfing for you know, eighteen holes. Really two nice guys, really nice guys, and this this guy who's car broke down, said hey, my wife is a big fan. Because he eventually it was like your mojo, whatever the deal is, and we facetimed and I saw his his family. So it was his wife home with his two little ones. I mean he had little children, like and now you're really I was thinking.
Speaker 3: Question about golf really quick. So you golf with strangers. You sign up to golf at a time and they just throw you with a crew.
Speaker 1: So we have a thing on uh, there's a thing on Saturday days where it's just called walk up and you can walk up for a couple of hours.
Speaker 3: Hate the people, and then you're stuck with them Shannon hours.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie to you. I hated it and then didn't do it for the so many years, and I would only golf with people I knew, and I felt I love being teamed up with people that I don't know is only I would probably say one out of every thirty times you end up running into a.
Speaker 6: Day.
Speaker 2: But the rest of them you end up meeting great guys.
Speaker 1: These these two are you know, one of the guys was like twenty seven and the other guy, I guessing is like thirty or something like that or thirty one years old and young guys.
Speaker 2: What's up, Sarah? How you doing?
Speaker 6: Good morning?
Speaker 7: I'm doing fine.
Speaker 8: How much yourself?
Speaker 1: I'm doing fantastic. Have you ever had something like this happen to you?
Speaker 2: I did?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 7: I'm like Tess mom, I'm always helping people and always, you.
Speaker 6: Know, give it.
Speaker 4: I'll pull up if I'll give somebody my food that's in the car, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: But this particular day, I was having a bad day and I was at the gas station and a man came up to me an ex me, can he get some change?
Speaker 1: Can he get some money?
Speaker 7: And I went off.
Speaker 6: I just slipped out on them.
Speaker 8: And my kids looked at me like what the hell because they know that's not my you.
Speaker 4: Know, but I was happening a rough day, and then I regretted it later on, you know, because that's not my style.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying, I'm a giver.
Speaker 1: What did the guy do when you started yelling at it, spit on you like you kind of hope that he gets just as angry as you gut so that you don't look bad walking away if you go, I'm sorry, Like, what's up, Stephanie?
Speaker 2: How you doing?
Speaker 9: I'm good?
Speaker 2: How are you doing? Okay? What's up?
Speaker 9: So I was first, I want to say a long time for time different. But I was walking around Target. This would have been like twenty three years ago, and walking around and there was a gentleman in the children's department just sitting in the clothes. Didn't think anything about it, thought he was just waiting for his family, and come to find out he was having a medical emergency. They called the code and I felt so bad that now every time I see somebody, I always ask him are they okay? Because I've never forgotten the gentleman that was sitting there.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's God. That would make me feel horrible if you walk by. But you know, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 9: I mean, family, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Did you eat?
Speaker 1: What I would have done, I would have helped him and then looked in his cart and seen he has anything in there that I want. I'm sorry, So you're not gonna need this. Uh, what's up, Marsha? How you doing good?
Speaker 10: How are you good?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 10: So my uncle actually picked up a hitchchecker and ended up being paralyzed from the waist down.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 10: So he was in New York and saw me and on the side of the road actually picked him up, and the man shot him.
Speaker 3: Oh kidding me?
Speaker 4: He take the car like, was it a car jacking type of thing?
Speaker 10: No, he just was actually doing a kind thing picking him up, and yeah, he shot him and has been paradized from the waist down.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I'm not laughing, Shannon, I am not laughing. You think I'm going to laugh at something like that. I've already got enough fire going on in my life. No, I'm not. I'm like, holy crap.
Speaker 2: Did they argue or he just like shot him? What's your uncle do to shut him?
Speaker 10: To shut him? Honestly, I don't even know. I was a child back then happened.
Speaker 1: I'm only the only little chuckle that I had was Kevin going, I want to hear the story. Tell me about we can't just shot you. What's going on, Alisha?
Speaker 2: Uncle? What's up? Alicia?
Speaker 11: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 10: Okay.
Speaker 11: So I was being through town and I passed my dad alongside the road and I saw him waving to way back, and then he waved a down and it was like a little bit more, uh, you know, animated if I waved back, animated, kind of copying him and did that three more times, and I kept on going, and uh, A couple of hours later, I was like, I wonder where my dad's add out. He had extraly right out of gas and I didn't know that, so I had left him alongside the road.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, because please tell me that that's not my blonde daughter that's leaving me here.
Speaker 2: That's funny. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he had to walk.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is fun can you imagine? Thank you for the call. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: What's up, Ron? How you doing?
Speaker 7: What was going on?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Good morning?
Speaker 2: Good morning? Good Morning's.
Speaker 7: Broom swung on me yesterday?
Speaker 2: If I'm in the morning, while I was on my way to work, oh geez.
Speaker 7: And I was in can, I was in kid in Michigan. He's asked me for a ride to the Michigan Supreme Court, which I didn't even know was a thing. I didn't even know had a Spreme Court. But but e, it's all the way and Lansing and I'm talking about I'm in Canton. I'm off Serhill of the North.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what. Yeah, so how did that the swing happened?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: So I'm like, I was like, I can't give you no ride, but I give these five dollars, Like I don't want no f five dollars. I need a ride.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you're not getting that from what's he going? What's he going to the Supreme Court for it? Did you ask that?
Speaker 8: Bro?
Speaker 6: So this is the thing.
Speaker 7: He was walking from Westland Jail and he definitely had a clear bag, if you know what I'm talking about. He probably had something.
Speaker 2: Else going on. But I'm like, no, you did the right thing. You know what I'm saying. You did the right thing because who knows what he was going there to go? Do you know what I mean? Like I would have worried, Yeah, did you dodge to swim?
Speaker 6: So you already know me. You already know my brother asked me m in May, I slipped the rod on him. I game was he's messing around. I can't can't police behind me? Oh my, they didn't see him swinging on But they didn't see him swinging on me. They only saw me swing on him.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, oh my god, bro, wow, but you're good.
Speaker 6: I'm good.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: I had to stand there and talk to I was late for work. I work at a golf wur so you know I got.
Speaker 2: To be there at the Jesus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I get it. Man, that's crazy that I slipped. He gave it to hold on a second, Misty, are you there, Misty, Yes, Misty?
Speaker 7: What happened?
Speaker 2: What happened to you?
Speaker 8: A bunch of us were on the way home from a concert up in birch Run and there was a gentleman walking down the middle of the road. So the cop buddy that we were with called their local police department and let them know I'm going to find out the very next morning that he was struck and killed walking down the middle. Wayne. He felt so guilty and so bad, but at.
Speaker 2: Least though you got called it.
Speaker 8: So he gets tried to get him off the road, but we had nowhere in the car to pick him up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Textra ninety three seven.
Speaker 1: I shouldn't even read this, says I hope Mojo at least offered the poor guy a ride home.
Speaker 3: What do you think how did he get home?
Speaker 2: We'll be back with more. He lived in Brownstown. It was a long drive.