Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Autism in your dog. Now, I don't know what an autistic dog looks like. Maybe it looks down at the ground, doesn't bark, doesn't talk. By the way, autism does not exist in any species other than humans. When you have a movement that says they're concerned about autism in dogs and cats, you've just reached crazy to a level that is almost incomprehensible.
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: Bill Handle here on a Wednesday morning, homday, October twenty nine. And we started another day another dollar, except we worked for ihearts with another eighty three cents. And good morning to the crowd. And good morning, Good morning, Bill, good morning. And we are moving the eight o'clock hour till tomorrow. And I'll explain tomorrow. Why are eight o'clock segment all right? And so we had to find something else, and we found something else actually was cono and that is a comet that's approaching Earth won't be hitting Earth, and it may very well be alien technology, says a professor at Harvard. So we'll do that today at eight o'clock. All right, Cono, you came up with the topic. Good morning to you, all right, and Neil morning for you're doing alien stuff now, of course we are.
Speaker 1: I like alien stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh no, alien stuff is all real though, yeah, no, it is absolutely real.
Speaker 1: I can't see Will is he around? I'm here. I just I'm having issues with my zoom thing.
Speaker 2: But I mean, yeah, okay, because today I'm brought today, I'm broadcasting from home and we they're well, anyway, we've talked about that before. And finally there is the lovely Amy who was it was actually wearing the wrong color blue this morning, aren't you?
Speaker 3: No, yes, you're saying I should be wearing blue Jays blue.
Speaker 2: Well, let's just say that the what is it fair to say the wrong color blue?
Speaker 1: One? Last night?
Speaker 3: The wrong the wrong blue one? Yeah, the wrong blue. That's okay. We're all tied up at four and four. It's now a three game series. We're good to go playing again tonight.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you who is thrilled if they go seven.
Speaker 2: We've got a few people here at KFI who are like beyond man.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The sales manager, oh yeah, and the salespeople are frothing at the mouth.
Speaker 1: You walk around the floor and what.
Speaker 2: You see is salespeople look like they just brush their teeth with their mouth frothing, and or they have Rabi's. It's one of the two. I have absolutely no idea. Okay, it could be both. I've met our sales team.
Speaker 1: It could be both.
Speaker 2: So Amy, I defer to you when it comes to all things Dodgers. Okay, the next games, tell us or tell me where the next games are going to be played, assuming it goes to game seven.
Speaker 3: Well, tonight is game five. It's a Dodger stadium, Okay. And then the action shifts back because there has to be a game six now because nobody can take it in five. So the next Game six is going to be on Halloween night in Toronto, and then there's Game seven after that if needed, hopefully we won't need.
Speaker 1: It, and that will be where in Toronto? Okay.
Speaker 2: So the Dodgers will not be able to win the World Series at home field.
Speaker 1: Correct. Oh that's a shame. So the only.
Speaker 2: People you will see cheering and screaming and hugging are the guys on the team.
Speaker 3: No, there's Dodger fans who go to Toronto.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, well, let me ask you.
Speaker 2: If you're a Dodger fan and you stand up and start screaming in the stands if the Dodgers win, how much longer do you think you're going to be alive.
Speaker 3: It's not a problem because it's in Toronto and the Canadians are really nice.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, corr boot they're nice to boot everything.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's true. They're not crazy.
Speaker 2: They're not soccer fans in Europe where they're completely nuts. You know the Great Oath, there's that wonderful story, and it's true about that referee in I think it was Columbia who made the wrong call and the wrong team won.
Speaker 1: And you can look this up.
Speaker 2: The fans went onto the field, they rushed the field and beat him to death.
Speaker 1: No, look it up. Look it up. Referee yep, referee field.
Speaker 2: Overrun, beat to death and you will see how crazy fans are. And I'm not certain it was Columbia, but I think it was South America. And uh, while I'm waiting for and to do that.
Speaker 4: Dude, I'm not saying that would happen here on the field, but maybe in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: Thing of that on the Dodgers line now, Amy, you still looking no?
Speaker 5: Okay, well we're going to take your word on that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. It goes to show you how much influence I have on this show.
Speaker 5: All right, this does mean that the world series will be one uh not.
Speaker 3: Here out of the US.
Speaker 2: Right, that's the whole point I'm making. Yes, thanks for listening. Okay, are we ready.
Speaker 1: To do it?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, mister Colebot you so what exactly?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Time for handle on the news on this Wednesday morning, October twenty nine, with Neil Savedra Amy wearing unfortunately Dodger blue and she's wearing the right colors, wrong color. Last night, there's Will, Good morning, Will, Good morning, all right. Lead story. Well, twenty five states, about half the states, or almost exactly half the states, as a matter of fact, half the states and the District of Columbia sued the Trump administration over the suspension of food stamp benefits. The people who do receive food stamps have been told ain't gonna happen, and the states are suing, and you know why they're suing.
Speaker 1: They're suing this. There is money available.
Speaker 2: There are emergency funds available at least through mid November to pay and the administration saying no.
Speaker 1: So what this has become is a political.
Speaker 2: Football of gargains in proportions, where the Democrats and the Republicans are just it's apples to oranges.
Speaker 1: Someone's got a cave either.
Speaker 2: The Democrats are going to go ahead and allow the Republicans they're continuing resolution, kicking the can down the road a few weeks only maybe where government still runs the way it used to run and nothing is added.
Speaker 1: There are some things, but they're fairly minor.
Speaker 2: Or the Republicans cave and they go, Okay, we'll negotiate, will allow food stamps, will allow those programs that we've cut, because so many social programs have been cut, and emergency funds have been used for programs that the president wants, for example, border control and other programs. So clearly, clearly the Democrats of the Republicans may be farther apart than before. And the problem is people in need food stamps, millions and millions of them are going to be in real trouble because the economy is not doing well for those people. And what's interesting is the states that back up Trump are the ones that are going to be most affected with the food stamp issue that I find fascinating.
Speaker 1: The states where more people are.
Speaker 2: Going to not eat are the states that are not pushing for this.
Speaker 5: Is there a limit on these things at them for a couple three years food stamps and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Well, you can the legislature can vote that into place. Yeah, but emergency funds that are available legally right now, even with the shutdown or the government, the government can in fact pass out these food stamps at least for a few more weeks, and doesn't want to do it because of the political fight that's going on. I don't think the Trump administration wants people to starve.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: Let me put it this way, No, I don't think so. I don't think they wake up in the morning. See let me see how many people to starve this morning. But I think that the political differences are so great that people who have to eat or falling by the wayside.
Speaker 1: That I believe.
Speaker 3: Something else that might be falling to the wayside, or though we're hoping that it doesn't is there's some problems with the ceasefire in Israel, and that is that Israel is attacking Hamas again now Israel, says the Prime Minister says that he ordered strikes in Gaza because of a breach of the ceasefire agreement, and that was that Hamas returns some remains of one of the hostages bodies, and apparently it was part of the remains of a hostages body that was returned two years ago. So they're saying that they tried.
Speaker 2: To Yeah, so that is enough of a breach where the attacks happen. Again, what I find fascinating about Israel is as Israel claims. Both sides are claiming that, of course the violation is me and Korean on the other side. First of all, I think Hamas is lying through its teeth. Israel I think is lying through its teeth. Have you noticed or not noticed that Israel as Israel claims the attacks on Hamas, on its soldiers and violating for example, the yellow zone or the green zone or the purple zone, whatever it's called the line. I've never seen a video of an attack by Hamas on Israeli soldiers or Israeli positions. Have you. I've never seen that video, and you would think they would be releasing those like crazy, proving that the violations have occurred.
Speaker 1: So who the hell do you believe on this one.
Speaker 2: And in this case returning a body that they say was Israeli, but they kept part of the body. As Amy reported, that's enough to declare a violation of the cease fire and start attacking again.
Speaker 5: Man it Yeah, who wants to finish Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Natanyahu wants to finish its goal in the hard right in Israel, wants to establish or establish the position there will be no palace in the in state.
Speaker 1: It will not exist.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, Border Patrol, you've got the US Border Patrol Chief Gregory Bovino. He's like the face of Operation Midway Blitz. This is what they call the crackdown on legal immigration. Well, he's got a report daily now to a federal judge because there were reports of combative enforcement. The hearings part of this ongoing lawsuit brought by local media organizations that say they're alleging that the federal agents have violated prior court orders restricting their use of force with things like you know, tier gas in the light.
Speaker 3: Melissa has made a horrible mess. The hurricane, which was a Category five yesterday when it hit Jamaica, has lessened in strength some is still a Category three storm and made a landfall on Cuba. Forecasters call it an extremely dangerous Category three hurricane. Severe flooding has hit Cuba and the storm did extensive damage to homes, hospitals, schools, and whole communities in southwestern Jamaica. But apparently the full extent of the damage is unclear because it's hard to get to a lot of the areas. They were expecting up to three feet of rain and we're expecting mudslides and landslides and flooding. So we will see in the coming days how bad it was.
Speaker 5: They're saying that this was the worst storm in Jamaica's modern history.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that winds came ashore at one hundred and eighty five miles an hour.
Speaker 5: Well, when you think of that location, location that's bound to be hit, to hear the you know, the hardest one in modern history is a scary, scary thing to say. So, as we talked about earlier World Series Game four, Blue Jays beat the Dodgers series tied, and now they'll be sending the defending champion Dodgers to their third loss in fourteen games. In the post, Wait, no, what am I reading? It might go?
Speaker 3: I'm back, Yeah, it's probably the third loss in fourteen games, but just their second loss in the World Series.
Speaker 5: Yes, and this is what we said earlier that this guaranteed rather World Series trophy will be won at Rogers Center, which is the the big point that comes out of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm back, guys.
Speaker 5: Really, we didn't know. We didn't even know you were gone.
Speaker 1: Now here's what thank you. Here's what happened.
Speaker 2: Is you know, between the break, I was making my morning sandwich and the mustard jar draw and glass is all over the place. So I have to pick up the glass because the dogs walk in that area. So this was not be just being late.
Speaker 5: This is you being stupid, clumsy and late.
Speaker 2: Yeah clumsy, Yeah, yeah, clumsy. I mean I just that dropped and glass and mustard all over the place. So anyway, thanks thanks for bringing this. No no, because you know, usually I'm late because I'm just late. This one, there's a legitimate excuse.
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll take him under advisement.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean do that. You know, that's even to the point where Anne called me.
Speaker 2: I assume you heard the phone going off that was you called him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and kind of goes. I can hear it ringing in the studio. He's actually doesn't have it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, all right, what story are we on? By the way, well, we're done with the news.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're done. We're done with the news. Let's start our seven o'clock hour. What story are we on?
Speaker 5: Six?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Apparently forks are for more than food. Flight from Chicago to Frankfurt, Germany on Luftanza had to make an emergency landing in Boston. Why because some idiot stabbed two passengers with a metal fork. The two passengers were seventeen years old. They were sitting next to each other. One was stabbed in the left shoulder, the other in the back of the head. The guy arrested is being charged with one count of assault with the dangerous weapon with intent to do bodily harm. He's an Indian national who listened to this. Had been admitted to the US on a student visa for a master's program in Biblical studies a track.
Speaker 1: Why not yeap?
Speaker 2: By the way, the age old phrase forks are friends, not food.
Speaker 5: That's not it. No, no, But what is he in first class something? Why does he have a metal fork?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I don't know, because does Lufthansa have metals.
Speaker 2: Yeah they Yeah, I was on the Lufthansa flight a few weeks ago.
Speaker 1: It's now metal forks. It's uh.
Speaker 2: I was in business class. Okay, so I don't know if they have a first class. They just have business class. I was able to upgrade. So I have to buy more stuff for my business on the credit card.
Speaker 1: Just for the.
Speaker 2: Miles I will buy. I will buy anything for the miles. I am now looking at two cases of staplers, almost a palateful.
Speaker 5: All right, Trump administration in the news, what are the odds moving towards to overrule any state law that may protect consumers. That's read you and me and our credit reports for medical debt. If you remember, the Biden administration put this forward, and this would repeal that previous regulation that allowed states to implement their own credit at reporting bands. And like many of them, you had states like New York Delaware that were prohibiting the reporting of medical debt on the consumer's credit report because medical debt could just be insane and you, you know, one bad medical situation and you're screwed for life on your credit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're moving in the direction that that medical debt can't even be reported on your credit report, unpayment of or non payment of.
Speaker 1: Medical Why reverse this.
Speaker 5: Just because it's Biden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's because it's Biden, and because you know, once again, the position is that you know, how important are people to this administration when you look at all of the programs that are being cut over and over again, it's tough.
Speaker 1: It's tough. I mean, it's it's been.
Speaker 2: Made pretty clear that consumers are not look at all the EPA consumer compression, the EPA is being completely gutted, FEMA has been completely gutted.
Speaker 5: This seems extra petty. So is there what money is involved? What gain does the government have by putting you know, medical You got me on that one, You got me.
Speaker 2: The vast majority of bankruptcies are because of medical debt. I mean, to argue the other side, it costs the government money because the majority of bankeret because they because bankruptcy judges are federal judges paid for by the Feds in federal courtrooms, federal employees. And this just increases or keeps the number of bankruptcies up at as high as it possibly can based on medical debt.
Speaker 1: And you have a point.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, so the US has apparently taken out some more alleged drug traffickers out three strikes yesterday on four boats off Mexico's Pacific coast.
Speaker 3: Fourteen people were killed. The Pentagon said that it carried out the strikes in international waters.
Speaker 1: Have you seen the video of those boats being blown up?
Speaker 2: And the argument is that the Pentagon Pete Hegseith is blowing up these boats and there is no evidence that they are even drug boats at this point, and had that Hegseith came back with that may be absolutely true. But this is the neatest, most realistic video game that's ever been invented.
Speaker 1: The boats go boom.
Speaker 5: They do have tech to be able to tell, even without being on the boats, whether there is or not. It is my understanding there is why.
Speaker 1: Isn't Why isn't that being published?
Speaker 2: Because here is the argument, you guys, there's no proof here, and here is the proof from them.
Speaker 1: Here we have the tech here it is now they can't.
Speaker 2: Describe in detail what the tech is because I'm sure that's classified.
Speaker 5: But you would think, wouldn't you. Anyway, this year's a horrible story. Amy King was talking about earlier there at the Southern California USC campus here in Los Angeles, a full term infant was found dead in the student housing apartment complex. And if you know that area, that's over by McClintock and Avenue near West thirtieth Street. And the call came in at about one thirty am on Monday. According to police, they're still investigating it, but the medical examiner said the baby listed the baby is nineteen hours old. Wow.
Speaker 2: And the shame of it is if the baby is born a mother at least a biological mother, can drop it off at any police station, absolutely any at any fire department and no questions asked, no questions asked.
Speaker 3: All money is good money again at Chipotle. Chipotle Mexican Grill has agreed to pay two hundred and forty six thousand dollars to settle consumer protection lawsuit. Someone had claimed that customers in California couldn't use those Chipotle gift cards if their balance was under ten dollars. So Nathan Hockman, the district attorney in La County, said gift cards are real money, purchased with hard earned cash. California laws clear consumers have the right to redeem gift cards with the balance under ten dollars. And Chipotle says, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how many times have you used the gift card and the balance was under ten dollars that was left?
Speaker 1: How much do I have left on this card? Eight bucks?
Speaker 2: Seven dollars A lot I have too, And Chipolte used to say, you know what, we're going to just keep that money if it's under ten bucks.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is horrific.
Speaker 2: Maybe they should go back to the e Coli burritos that they sold on top of this.
Speaker 5: Wowowl Do you remember that one? You remember that knock them when they're down?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah. So they're paying not very much money. I mean, this is a major corporation. I mean they have I don't know how many stores they have, and it's one hundred and forty five dollars and eighty eight and then twelve thousand, so you know, it's basically a quarter of a million dollars for Chipotle.
Speaker 1: That's a nothing, but.
Speaker 2: It says something about corporate greed and corporate philosophy.
Speaker 5: All right, Bill Gates making an interesting claim. Of course, he's been in the forefront of wanting to bring you know, zero carbon emissions and putting his money where his mouth is when it comes to climate change, but now he's arguing slightly differently. He says the world's philanthropists must increase their investment in other efforts aimed at preventing disease and hunger. He said, you know, a lot of the money for climate change because you know, people get emotional of it, and once you emotion enters the arena, money is thrown at it, and we don't know where the money goes. And he says it's been misplaced. Too much good money has been put to expensive and questionable efforts. And so he's got a point.
Speaker 2: I mean, going to zero carbon emissions is the long game. People starving is the short game. It happens tomorrow or today. And he says, let's put the money there. But you know why politicians like the long games. There's no accountability.
Speaker 1: It's true.
Speaker 2: I was just watching Fox by the way, you know, I watch Fox and CNN and BBC on my monitors up there, and Fox News is taking this and having the time of their life, saying, you see, even Bill Gates.
Speaker 1: Admits climate change is not important.
Speaker 2: None of that, and then leaves out completely the story of but we should take the money and feed people.
Speaker 1: That was out of the story.
Speaker 5: You'll have to see it in its fullness, because this is the way you run your house. I mean, were your house the same way. What is our immediate needs? Whatever long term people.
Speaker 1: Have to that. People have to eat. People have to eat.
Speaker 2: And unfortunately, right now, assuming that this gets some legs, it's going to be a double hit. Climate change won't be addressed and we're not going.
Speaker 5: To feed people.
Speaker 1: Now, let him e cool.
Speaker 5: I would just like to say, because he tries to be the good guy all the time. Cono in my ear just said, except for Neil, he doesn't need to eat.
Speaker 2: Damn right, and he's absolutely right. Let's take a break, we will come back. That's yeah, Well we'll finish it. They call that Napoleonic complinent. No, no, you know what they call No, we know what they call that, the truth. That's what you call it.
Speaker 5: I'll dare you.
Speaker 3: The US Senate has some rare Republican support for a Democrat proposition. The Senate passed a measure that would terminate Trump's tariffs on Brazilian imports that includes coffee, beef, and other things. It's a rare bipartisan show of opposition to the trade war. The legislation passed fifty two forty eight five Republicans join all the Democrats to vote in favor of it. Well, we got to have our coffee and we got to have our beef.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, look at this. Let's look at this for a moment.
Speaker 2: Whether you agree with Trump's tariffs or not, they are a legitimate way of dealing with world economics. And Trump's position is the balance of trade is unfair. We buy more products than we sell to insert name of country here, and that hurts us. It is not good for us. And so when it comes to China, it comes to other countries, he throws tariffs on there and says, let's even the playing field. That's what this is about. With Brazil, we have a surplus. We sell them more than they buy. That argument does not hold water. We make money on Brazil. There is no reason to put a tariff on Brazil fifty percent. You know why I did it, Bolsonnaro. Bolsonnaro is an ally. Bolsonnaro lost the election. Bolsonaro said it was rigged. Trump agreed it was rigged. And the current president is not a fan. This is a personal move on a tariff. That's the problem, and it's it makes no sense. I'm yeah, but only five Republicans? Only five? What does that show you? Okay, let's do a couple more. Here a horrible story.
Speaker 5: So this lawsuit a grandfather California, grandfather seventy two, they say was effectively boiled alive with scalding shower water that came from a hotel shower. Apparently he was going up north to visit family to watch gymnast his gymnast's granddaughter graduate from San Jose State University on May twenty second. He went into the fair Field or the Marriott in and sweets there in the San Jose Airport, opted for a shower. But they're saying that the water was was tempt out at about one hundred and thirty six degrees. I mean that it shouldn't be more than one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be more than that bath water.
Speaker 5: Will you go into the thing? They found him in the tub half filled. So he's really weird.
Speaker 2: I was wanted to probably be one of those shower tubs things where Yeah, but I think if you got that hot water from you awer, you would get out right, you know. But look at look at a hot tub at one hundred and five degrees. It is so hot you can barely get in at one hundred and five degrees. It is hot, hot, hot. Can you imagine one hundred and thirty six degrees? All right, Well, one more because this one is fun. This is a story that's going on which I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Well, he's just trolling everybody. He puts his Trump twenty twenty eight hats on the resolute desk when he calls the Democrats in. But the President acknowledged yesterday or actually it was a couple of days ago, that the constitution makes him ineligible for a third term. He said aboard Air Force one, I would say that if you read it, it's pretty clear I'm not allowed to run. And then he went on to say it's too bad.
Speaker 2: Okay, I can see him believing that. I get a lot of people believe that, even Mike Johnson. Even Mike Johnson said it's not going to happen. Why because it takes ten years to pass a constitutional amendment. Let me tell you on this one. You know how long it's going to take to pass this amendment? How about never?
Speaker 1: Does never work?
Speaker 2: For you?
Speaker 1: It certainly works for me.
Speaker 5: So, okay, what are the options that he's like, Amy said, trolling or amy? But what about he could it could be another Trump or he's president.
Speaker 3: He said he didn't want to.
Speaker 1: Be vice press. Yeah, yeah, come on, he's not gonna.
Speaker 5: Be vi I'm saying, but.
Speaker 2: It if Congress does pass two thirds of Congress and two thirds of the States does pass a constitutional amendment, we now have a third term for a president. I mean we the only reason we got a second term limitation is because after FDR. FDR was elected four times and served three terms, three and a start in his fourth term.
Speaker 1: But he's only in there for a few months, and.
Speaker 2: So this is so much fun now real quick before we take a break, and that is, there's already been one motion introduced in Congress by some crazy Republican it's making that argument, introducing the motion for a third term. How many Republicans do you think are actually going to push for a third term and change the and change the constitution all bitch, is not going to be a small number.
Speaker 1: Okay, I absolutely absolutely.
Speaker 5: We'll see we'll see a thing at this point.
Speaker 1: Okay, KF I am sixty. You've been listening to the bill handle show.
Speaker 2: Catch my Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app