Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand of the iHeartRadio app. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 2: You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade.
Speaker 1: Look at him and the voice of the Bolts, Matt money Smith. The answer is on money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming.
Speaker 3: This is the Petros and Money Show on the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Land of Shadows, Don Mi Yukes, Petrousen Money five seventy ELA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: It is Dodger Game Day, Dodger Cubs coming up at seven fifteen pm a Friday night Apple TV game, so five minutes later than usual from the gaalpin Ford Broadcast Center. If you don't have Apple TV, of course, you can hear it on the terrestrial AM five seventy on the HD one oh four point three two, or of course on the iHeartRadio app. If you are in the Greater LA area through your smart device, you can listen to the game anywhere inside the g O fence, my man, which is quite large and no longer arbitrary at the whim of our former boss.
Speaker 5: You kid, put it on the.
Speaker 3: Yes and it'll be m she Im Sheen on the Mounta tonight for the ka Put it yes, Barcy Barseley, Tim Kates, Dodgers on deck at six pm. All right, everybody, we're happy to be with you. We got a lot going on today. Matt is down with the Chargers for the second round or whatever of the draft tonight, and then we have the Dodger game versus the Cubs on our air, as Matt just talked about tonight. So we're looking forward to all of those things, and we'll be programming all the way until six o'clock and then you can have your fun with Dodger Radio or whatever. But it's also a Frogman Friday on the Patterson Bundy Show. Brazier's Blaze, and the sky is thick with sea spray and incense. The ground beneath us is moon blooming flocks man. Yes, And we also celebrate with the greatness of the sea and those that protect us from the evil sea.
Speaker 4: And it's many many.
Speaker 3: Pitfalls, Coast Guard, Lifeguard, Harmer Patrol, maybe frogmen the police. We also celebrate the all time great television characters ever played by Lloyd Bridges. We're talking about the one and only Mike Nelson and the greatest show ever produced. Right off the coast of Marine Land.
Speaker 6: Sea Hunt and I saw a cave nearby, and the music seemed to be coming from it. As I swam toward the cave, the music grew louder. Suddenly some powerful force pushed me toward the rocks like a giant hand. I was being sucked into the cave. I held on with all my might the ledge above the opening, and finally squeezed over it to safety. But I've been knocked around.
Speaker 3: Like a leaf, calling, why are you nuts? We gotta get that stuff to Flora.
Speaker 7: Do you know what is like these days?
Speaker 3: You got the freaking Navy everywhere you are, froll Man, I'm sorry what you are fron Man frog man.
Speaker 8: You got easy thools with the sati tacking stuff. You got a freaking bell all night thought jumpers up the button. We're losing one and every night.
Speaker 4: That's no duck walk anymore.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you.
Speaker 3: We're getting about money.
Speaker 9: What do you suggest that sat check off the.
Speaker 4: You know, we really need some new people to do scarface. I'm gonna make that my priority. You haven't played Colin Ye in a while, I know, while no one's here anymore dusted off. See Thomas Howe. That was a nice one the other day a couple weeks ago. Yeah, Bill Plash made an appearance a little while ago. I mean, we got Gab the intern. We have a lot of former interns, you know, doing it back in the Dave Damashak did one. Bill Ryder did one that's really distorted from like fifteen years ago.
Speaker 3: But I was overmodulated.
Speaker 4: I think it's gonna be my my thing going.
Speaker 3: Who are we gonna get?
Speaker 4: I mean, maybe I'm out of Dodger Stadium next time, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I mean get down to Tijuana record Justin Turner, bring your recorder down there across the border.
Speaker 4: You know. Next time the fms have like a hip hop guy on or a K pop band, and maybe I'll run up there and ask them to record it.
Speaker 3: Like that girl, that's like, what on it? Bitches? You're listening to Rogan On Rodney. That person, he's the one that got blurred out right day.
Speaker 4: Day. That's right, it was I we couldn't think of her name. No, we did not, but now I get envision the blur. We got three gas today, three three guest show Rodney. No, but the.
Speaker 3: Dodgers are back and they are playing there. They're playing, They're playing the Cubs. So we we have to talk to Dave for a few minutes at least Don McClain. The Lakers are playing tomorrow or tonight, so Don McClain is going to be on our BFF. We haven't talked to him, so it's very important we discuss NBA playoff stuff with him. And then the Chargers made a pick, and we always have to have their first pick on. Of course we always do. Akeem Mesador, the edge rusher out of Miami by way of Canada, by way of Morgantown, is going to join us in the final hour tonight. Yes, so we'll have all three of those guys, Don McClain, David Vasse, and the brand new Charger twenty second pick in the twenty twenty six NFL Draft, akeem Mezzador, and then we'll have a top story of the day in the very next segment. Well, Matt will do some draft talk, Draft talk, and we'll talk about how angry or not angry or whatever Pete Schrager says is true about the Rams situation with their quarterback Ty Simpson, and the world will keep on turning with great sports talk, Great sports talk tonight. Is there a story of the draft beyond Diana Russini. I guess it's the Rams situation or that Mackay Lemon out of Southern California, Belittan, a cough winning wide receiver and snake charmer. He just keeps it going, man. Every time, every time he's got it, he sways back and forth. This time he looked a lot like Eddie Murphy doing Stevie One, imitating Stevie Wonder with Joe Piscopo singing Ebony and Ivory, Ebanie, Ivory, You're blind as a bat. I'm drunk as a skunk. But Mikay, congratulations. The Lemons, I believe their cousins do business with my father. So he sent me a video of the Lemon family at home. Not the people in New York because obviously there were Pitsburgh, but the people in losal or Lamarana or wherever they live in southern California, hooping and hollering in a big ass, one hundred plus person party and that looked really joyful. But Mackay himself very snakelike again in his commentary, of course the Steelers were gonna pick him, and then the Philly traded up and swooped in with their beak and picked him up.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Probably the wildest moment where he's on the phone, the telephone in Pittsburgh about to go out to the loudest cheers of anyone because he's going to be a Steeler, and the agent had to come in and basically grab his phone and throw it across the room and say no, the Eagles are taking you right now. It's very confusing moment for the young man, but thankfully, like you said, with that swaying most.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that might be because of that uncertainty. Might be why he was swaying like Billy ud on a ship. He just really felt like he was bobbing up and down like a booie and everybody else is staying still, and that could be the secret to his magic. Here is Makay Lemon and he's doing the like the Jamaican style, like the like the lipsmacking, like you're like the whole like it's kind of a weird vibe, like a real weird vib, like real weird. It's it's very it's pretty good.
Speaker 7: I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 11: I'm just so blessed right now, you know. I just prais the love for every moment really just a drikochuck and then the lead. It's like.
Speaker 4: When you look out of those Philly fans and you think about the fan base it's about to embrace you with open arms.
Speaker 3: What will they love most about you?
Speaker 11: And they getting a doll? It is ready to work for real. I ain't doing no plan.
Speaker 3: They getting a dog, it's ready to work for real, And.
Speaker 11: They getting a doll. It is ready to work for real. I ain't doing no plan.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to mackay Lemon and his very very bright future. And I can't really just be the sea legs thing because he got swooped by Philly because he had those weird sea legs at the combine too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was the star of the combine where the individual draftees go to the podium and all the receivers are kind of there together, and all of a sudden his crowd multiplied four full. Yeah, because he did that for ten minutes right.
Speaker 3: The microphone was almost like an Indian gentleman holding some kind of flute, and then he was like the cobra, moving back and forth staring at the microphone. It was really something to behold. And after I saw him last night, I can only think of one thing. I can only think of one of the great rap songs ever in c before.
Speaker 7: Oh, ble y'all, and.
Speaker 12: I'm bleach you'all, and I'm blacking and bleacking. I'm bleck y'all, and I'm bleck y'all, and I'm flecky' all and I'm plucking it blecking.
Speaker 3: I'm fleck y'all. I'm blacking black, plegging.
Speaker 12: And black black.
Speaker 1: I'm plegging it.
Speaker 12: Bless you because I'm black and I'm black.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 12: I'm bleat and I'm bleck y'll and I'm blacking to bleck. Can not flex y'll, And I'm fleck y'all and I'm flex you'll, and I'm blacking to bleck you. I'm flex y'all, and I'm bigging black bla bleck.
Speaker 4: I love it. I love makay Lemon. I love what he's gonna do for Philly.
Speaker 11: They getting a door is ready to work for real. I ain't doing no plan now.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's gonna act like a weird snake and wrap himself all up and around Jalen Hurts when he overthrows him by seven yards on a post route or something like that. But the future is now for the Philadelphia Eagles and the Bolitnikoff Award winner USC pumping out another great wide receiver. And I would expect Jakobe Lane to go today well.
Speaker 4: And I would expect the addition of MacKaye Lemon to all but seal something that we had heard news that we had heard about, I'd say four to five weeks ago you.
Speaker 3: Were talking about from the Russini Wrestlings. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: A j Brown destined to be a Patriot that they really want them, that they won a number one target for Drake may Uh Stefan Diggs out of town. Didn't quite go great, didn't go terribly. They went to the Super Bowl, of course, But I heard I can't remember where I heard somewhere. I think it was from the Russini wrestling. Is that right?
Speaker 3: I believe?
Speaker 4: Well, how would she know that the Patriots were interested? Pillow talk and a j Brown Pillow talk. So that is the uh great opportunity for mckaye Lemon to care with the patient.
Speaker 3: Smith and Matt, we do have a preview on the Jacoby Lane post pick interview.
Speaker 12: And I'm bleach you'll, and I'm I'm black, y'all, and I'm black, y'all, and I'm black you'll, and I'm blam blocking a black plugging and black black, I'm plugging it bless you because I'm black, I'm bless you. I'm black cat, I'm plex yo, and I'm plucking to black can.
Speaker 3: Not plex y'all.
Speaker 12: And I'm pleck y'all. And I'm flex y'all, and I'm blacket to black can not flex, y'all. And I'm bliging it black black.
Speaker 4: I'm looking forward to Jacobe Lane's interview, Matt, you love the draft as much as I do. I'm not looking forward to the next few rounds. There's nobody. I'm still waiting for you and looking forward to to yesterday. I walked to Fernando, Are you kidding me?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 3: But you know what's Fernando and his mom? You know whatever I mean?
Speaker 4: Second and third round. He still got those names that are out there a popular quarterback or running back. But there's nobody that I'm like, Oh man, you got the your Raiders Kates, you're part of the Raiders broadcast. You got a top five pick in the in the second round. I mean, what if you get him a target like a Denzel Boston or a from Wasting Branch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, from Washington. He's one of Mel's last available, best available there. And let's not forget about Branch. Two misdemeanors, not one, but two misdemeanors doing what.
Speaker 4: Obstructing standing on a sidewalk mining his own business.
Speaker 3: At three in the morning after the spring game.
Speaker 4: And with exactly right, Hey, how noiset He wasn't driving a car one hundred and fifty miles an hours Georgia players are apt to do. I think a man using his own pedal power should be commemorated or should be exalted in that program. Way to go, Zachariah, stay out from behind the wheel. She got wide receiver's Kates.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bodycam footage has been released from Zachariah Branch.
Speaker 4: How about a Kate and McDonald defensive tackle to show up the middle of that defensive line. Look about quarterback man, what quarterbacks are still out there. Cooy, you got the guy that's got the knee issue, the best corner in the in the draft in McCoy out of Tennessee who they think might need another surgery. So if you're kind of not competing in twenty twenty six or has a twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Has it Matt wet you or beak enough?
Speaker 7: Kates?
Speaker 3: I mean that, Kates.
Speaker 4: You're talking about Colt McCoy from the tennis. Who's Sherman McCoy from Tennessee four to three guy, best corner in football in twenty twenty four tours? ACL and teams are all worried about it. What about a quarterback? Though? I wanted someone like a QB. I want a big name out there. Well, yeah, I was just talking about your Raiders. Oh well you got Carson back piece favorite. Ooh, Carson becks out there? Is he gonna get picked today? Any think he will get picked today? I believe you got the tools. He drew Aller out of Penn State. He's ken hit, He's okay, all right?
Speaker 3: Trying to think other quote?
Speaker 4: How about how about Nussmeyer, son of a coach all Garrett Nusmyer lsu.
Speaker 3: Okay, somebody made somebody made the point to me, and it's very it's very strong. If Jade and Miyava would have come out, he'd have been drafted before a lot of these guys. Absolutely, he should have come out.
Speaker 4: How about the fact that I mean, and that's the thing with with Nil, I mean the fact that More that Demantra More didn't come out and would have been the number two pick in the draft. The Jets would have taken him number two overall. Like the fact that you can go back to school, be like, hey, f that I'm not going to play for the Jets. Where Sam Donald and I'm mean, just take your pick of Mark Sanchez, Sam Donald, all of these quarterbacks that they have taken in the first round have for whatever reason not worked out. And you're like, yeah, how much you're gonna give me if I come back? And they're like, I don't know about six million dollars And.
Speaker 3: Then they say because I'm black and I'm bad. Dante Moore's like, I'm good, let's go.
Speaker 12: Yeah, and I'm ball, and that's what Dylan and I'm back and I'm back.
Speaker 4: My last memory of Drew Aler is missing every target he throw to and whatever last game was for Penn Stake his last six and that, and obviously that can bite you in the ass because Aler had he it was the same sort of thing. They were like, you know what if Aller comes out, he'll end up being probably a late first rounder, high second round. And he's like, no, I want to be the number one pick. And he went back and that kind of fell apart, and now he's probably a third rounder. So you know, mister unlimited was a third rounder. So Darren Mesmeyer, Carson Beck and Drew Allers. What I gotta look forward to his next quarterback is they're gonna be drafted.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 4: I don't know what here.
Speaker 3: I don't know why. Kate's like you like, we didn't expect last round to be exciting, and it wasn't and the broadcast was terrible. But now we have the Ty Simpson thing that we can talk about. Yeah, yeah we do, and we have Mkay Lemon the snake Charmer. So we've got a lot of stuff and we got CB four memories.
Speaker 4: I like the draft yesterday because every time a guy got picked, I was like, who is this guy? Where is he from? Next thing? I know, It's like dude, du dude with the next pick in the draft, It's like, wait a second, can we slow down a little bit, a little backed up there? Can we can we pump the brakes on this well? And Kate's was our was our our Twitter digger who was, uh, hey, guys, guess who's going next? You were throwing that up in our little text with Drake, Guess who's going next?
Speaker 3: Jake Lazer next? Jake Lazer?
Speaker 4: Right here on five seventy and the Fox Draft. He was three picks ahead of what was actually happening, like five minutes in real time. As soon as the guy gets picked, he gets called by the team, so the agent's gonna call their favorite information person. And when you're Jay Glazy and you're like, I don't give a rip, I'm tweeting this s out. I'm blocking them back. You didn't get excited about the Houston Texans taking guard Keelan Rutledge. I'll be honest with you, No, I didn't. They cut to the house and there was some dude with a flip phone. Film in the moment. It was awesome. It's like, I love this guy. That guy's got a flip phone.
Speaker 3: More to come about the draft. In the very next segment, Congratulations to mackay lemon and the people of Philadelphia. A great match.
Speaker 4: Hee oh gee, let's go bart.
Speaker 3: Top story Man. This is Petro Send Money on Demand Demand. Happy Frogman Friday, everybody, It is the Petro Said Money Show on AMPHI seven. Dogman La Sports. We had some McKay lemon draft talk in the very last segment. We'll have Don McClain on. In the next hour, we'll have David Vasse and we'll have the Chargers number one pick a keem Mesidor joining us in the five o'clock hour. So a lot of guests here on a Frogman Friday as we take you to Dodgers Versus Cubs, Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck at six. But right now it is time for the top story of the day, Top story of it.
Speaker 4: The fireworks came at pick thirteen. And when you start digging around trying to figure out how you ended up with the Rams taking a quarterback, you got to go back a couple of weeks. Here is Sean McVay talking about what he knew or didn't know about Ty Simpson. How much Ty Simpson are you watching?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: I mean, we watch all of our guys I love you know, I like him a lot too. What do you like about him?
Speaker 4: Like from a Shan mcgo well, I would.
Speaker 14: Say this, I probably haven't done as much work on him as you have, but I like the way he handles himself. I like the way that you can evaluate a lot of the different things that he's able to do that maybe translate familiar with what Ryan Grubb did just from him running that offense in Seattle the year before. I think Mendoza was a fun watch too, you know. But there's a lot of other guys that I like at that thirteenth pick. And you know, whether it's quarterbacks, whether it's guys on offense or defense. You know, Less in his group, and I've been able to spend a bunch of time with them and the coaches. You know, we're excited we're gonna get a good player at thirteen.
Speaker 4: I know that much, all right. So the good player is a quarterback. So a lot of people asking how does a quarterback fit into an ecosystem? What kind of efficacy can he have?
Speaker 3: Those are the big words that Less need used the other day yet.
Speaker 4: And what kind of from the draft house yeah, could he pull from the draft house once he arrives here, which he's probably already here in Los Angeles. Typically happens as soon as you're drafted, you get on the next flight, be it super early in the morning or the last one flying out at night, and maybe a lot of times they're already here because that's where they've been hanging out. In his case, it was Pittsburgh. So here is the immediate aftermath of Sean McVeigh an oppressor.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 14: I'll keep that between us, Rob, We'll see, he's going to compete with Stetson.
Speaker 3: Compete with Stetson.
Speaker 4: So if you missed that first question, it was have you talked to Matthew And that's when he said, I'm going to keep it between us and that he will compete with Stetson. And we have in the last two three weeks, maybe even more than that when they traded for Trent McDuffie. How fortunate they were to trade their first last year to Atlanta and the Atlanta falls apart late in the year, so they get a top fifteen pick that this is one of the best teams on paper, that they fix their owner situation with money and that first round pick for Trent McDuffie, that they're exceptional upfront on d that they've got silid linebackers, that offensively, they have the reigning MVP at quarterback, something Sean mcvagh acknowledged.
Speaker 15: Clearly, this is Matthew's team and you get a chance to be able to address you know, the backup quarterback.
Speaker 11: You know, we've got stets In.
Speaker 15: We've talked about the importance of Jimmy, so to be able to add somebody that you can evaluate a body of work where he was asked to play the position and a lot of things that do translate in terms of concepts, reading with his feet, some of the different things in the drop back, in the play action game, the movement game. So there's a lot of things that Coach Grubb did that's very similar to kind of how we operate. So it made it an easier evaluation to be able to kind of say, all right, what would that look like if you did translate it to our level. But there was a lot of players that we liked and there was a lot of thought that kind of went into it, and we do feel really fortunate that when you look at the thirteenth pick, we were able to get that at where you know Atlanta had any interest in getting a player last year, we would have taken Ferguson with our first round pick last year to move back to still get the guy that we wanted, and then to basically be able to get an extra pick and then, oh, by the way, with your original one, go get a player like Trent McDuffie. So a lot of different things, but we're always going to make decisions that we think are.
Speaker 14: Best for the short and long term.
Speaker 15: But you know, we'll be excited to be able to get to work with him and that's where we're at.
Speaker 4: So to me, that's the tell. That clip right there was the tell. And this is probably going to be a different position than than some others are taking.
Speaker 3: Well, that's because you are a more complex thinking this is but.
Speaker 4: Really it this is what the Rams do. They They overthink and they overproduce everything. And it's like the Draft House with Rebel Wilson, Like the Draft House with Rebel Wilson, like their schedule release that was a Hollywood action film blockbuster. And I think of consuming football in Los Angeles. The first person I turned to is an Ozembic riddled Australia lesbian comedian who's fifty five years old, who looks like she's thirty two, like the idea, and a lot of people, you know, let's get one more clip in her. A lot of people are pointing to this as how disgusted Sean McVay is with this selection, this co make history coach.
Speaker 7: Yeah no, and he enjoy this night.
Speaker 4: Many earned it. Yeah have fun?
Speaker 3: Yeah no, yeah not when you have this co make history coach.
Speaker 4: I feel all enjoy this nightman yearned it.
Speaker 14: Have fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The idea that Sean McVay is not in the loop, I can promise you that that cranky and and everyone that is above less Need and Sean McVay in that organization, Sean McVay is more important than less Snead. He absolutely is in the loop. This is all a big freaking acting job and it's him either overthink that and to me they're like, oh, he doesn't want to upset Matthew. That was the talking point from the RAMS in the people that are you know, insiders for the Rams and seemingly always have these quotes from McVeigh and that's where they make their money and that's their value as we're tight with McVeigh. You know, Sean was you know, he was just very he was very in tune with making sure that, even though he's incredibly excited about this pick, making sure that Matthew knows how much he's still appreciated. And that's and if that's what it is, just Matthew Stafford's fine. He's making three hundred million bucks in his career, he just won the MVP, He's got one of the best rosters in football. He's probably going to play one more year, maybe two. I don't think you have to worry about his feelings because you're drafting a quarterback just in case your guy with a broken back and a broken neck happens to call it quits early and you don't know what else you might have coming down the pike. You don't have to make this big production of Hey, watch watch how dismissive I'm gonna be here, Hey when I go, when I go on these tours, when I'm doing all these shows, Watch how I'm just gonna throw everybody off the scent of ty Simpson and the fact that we might take them. Okay, very few teams had Ty Simpson as a first round draft pick very few. They were most speculating that it was going to be whether or not Arizona was going to feel the need to jump back into the first round to get the fifty year option, or stick and pick at thirty four and take them there. No one was taking them ahead of you at twelve. Was not gonna happen. That just so the idea that A, they build this huge ruse, Oh we got over on them again. Nobody saw this one coming, and then after it to have a little inside joke with Matthew'll watched this. I'm gonna I'm gonna pretend like I'm not excited. That's our little inside joke here, Matthew.
Speaker 3: And that's fine. So they created a whole play for somebody that wasn't gonna get drafted in that position anymore.
Speaker 4: But they could have said, hey, I think we're gonna take Ty Simpson at thirteen, and not a single team would have jumped him to take him. I firmly believe that I don't think there were. There is way too much information and agents and people that use these insiders to drop hints about what players are going to be going where and when for there not to be some buzz about ty Simpson being a top ten selection that the Rams would have had to worry about. Instead, it was which team in the twenties if the Cardinals panic, are they going to draft? Are they going to trade up with so they can get their quarterback? Because the Jets aren't really interested. They got three ones next year and are a lot more excited about Dante more and Arch Manning and the possibilities in that draft than they are with ty Simpson who's six foot one, two hundred pounds and wore down by the end of the season in the SEC and became incredibly ineffective.
Speaker 3: Yeah, looked not confident as the season went on. Only has fifteen.
Speaker 4: Starts fifteen stars in his career. You know who else at fifteen starts and was drafted in the first round. There's only two other guys, Mitch Trubisky and Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 3: It's there.
Speaker 4: The guys aren't going to rush to the podium to select a guy that played fifteen games, fell apart in the playoffs and wore down and is not a well iasical freak and a traits freak.
Speaker 3: You could be saying that out of your face, but also you are discounting the fact that dan Orlowski changed a lot of opinions. Yeah, I mean he really he took his victory. He put himself out there and then he took a victory lap over something that nobody was the guy other than him and less Need and less Need's best friend dad. Yeah, who is his dad? Coach at Mark I met that guy a couple of years ago. I did a ut Martin Boise game. So here's what I'll say. Talk to coach Simpson. Maybe maybe Ty Simpsons is going to be great. I mean a lot of people comparing to Brock Purty. Rock Purty's pretty freaking great in Kyle Shanahan's offense. And if that's what they think and he ends up being great, wonderful, congratulations.
Speaker 4: That was the starting quarterback at Alabama, right, not like he's terrible, you know, so that's that's fine. But when you're in and this happened with Patrick Mahomes when Andy Reid turned around a fledgling Kansas City franchise that was in the bottom of the AFC West prior to his arrival. He goes out and gets Alex Smith. They win double digit games, they win a playoff game, or they were close in a playoff game that they ended up losing, I believe, and then he drafted Patrick Mahomes. There's a lot of heat on him, like, hey, you better be right. That's you know, it's a team that was finally pointed in the right direction. The fan base is excited, and it obviously worked out. Drafted arguably a guy that's going to be in the conversation is the greatest quarterback in the history of the league. And maybe that's what Less need and Sean McVay just did. The difference between two is the Kansas City Chiefs were not in a nail bier in the NFC Championship game.
Speaker 3: That they did not They don't have.
Speaker 4: They didn't have one of the best, if not the best roster on paper, with a thirty eight year old raining MVP perhaps playing in his last or second to last season, with a thirty three year old receiver that's probably in his last season, with another receiver that's freaking stupid and crazy and currently in and out of rehab and has a civil suit against him. He's sinking his teeth into a chick and saying after the Jews, all the Jews, now look he could be crazy or he could be stupid, but he's not both. It's one of the others.
Speaker 3: It's one or the other.
Speaker 4: Like the fact that you've got and you talked about him, Makay Lemon sitting there, who is a perfect fit in this offense, swanging like a snake back and forth, and clearly it is the one position that you got to be a little concerned about. The guy that Puka was pacing with just got forty one and a half million bucks per year, and you would assume his agent wants an extension, and the guys in rehab and has a civil suit for sinking his teeth into a girl and screaming.
Speaker 3: All the Jews.
Speaker 4: You don't think that's going to get a suspension. I mean, Rashi Rice got six games for crashing a rented Lamborghini and leaving the sight of a crash scene. Six games. So right now, your third receiver is Xavier Smith, who had three hundred and three receiving yards last year. Your slot receiver had one hundred and seventy receiving yards last year, and you're taking a guy that you hope doesn't see the field for a single snap. And that's fine, but you better go win the Super Bowl if you want to be the smartest guys in the room and use the vernacular that they use and go on your parade of We're gonna throw everyone off the scent and I'm gonna pretend to be poudy. And there's no chance that Sean McVay is not leading the decision for all of these freaking picks. Well, even if he's not, I mean, it's not like he would have been caught off guard, right, he would have known people have been talking about the Rams taking Ty Simpson for months, right because of the relationship between Snead and the dad, and then the kid.
Speaker 3: Was out here.
Speaker 4: Exactly, you don't need to throw anyone off the scent, you don't need to do the charade, you don't need to play the game. So certainly could have used an offensive lineman their back at their swing tackles if one of their tackles gets hurt. They got no depth behind their starting tackles, and I would assume you don't want a thirty eight year old with a history of back, shoulder and neck issues to get teed off on. So it just's fine if he becomes the next Patrick Mahomes, or the next Jordan Love or the next Aaron Rodgers, or one of these quarterbacks that were drafted maybe a year earlier than the schedule would suggest. Way to go and maybe he will be like you said, he was the quarterback at Alabama. Let him into the college football playoffs.
Speaker 3: It's almost like some buddy told Orlovsky, we're going to make this pick, and we need you to talk about it for like two months to make it.
Speaker 13: So.
Speaker 3: At least somebody well done in the Matt National media well, which this guy is worthy of the top second pick quarterback in.
Speaker 4: This draft, perfectly sniffed out. It's it's it's a snake eating its tail, but.
Speaker 3: Doesn't I mean that's almost not as but almost as shady as the Rassini stuff.
Speaker 4: It's these guys, they and gals need information. Fans crave it. They they are freaking nuts about NFL off season storylines, insider trading, moves that are made that aren't made, and it is a massive business. And you know, that's the world we live in, and that would not surprise me. I think I think you, I think you got it. I don't think there's any question that they had a conversation with Rolowsky knowing that no one was going to jump in front of them to take ty Simpson, but to help them sell it because remember, you know, Kyle Shanahan wanted to take mac Jones instead of Trey Lance, and they wouldn't let him. They're like, absolutely not. You can't take a fleshy white guy that doesn't really move around just because you think he'd be great in your offense. We're not doing it at pick three after a trade. We're going to take the big ass horse that's an athlete and sell that to the fan base. And so taking a six foot one, two hundred pound, narrow shouldered quarterback when no one else is talking about him maybe being a top ten pick, let alone even a first rounder, Yeah, go get Orlofsky. Great call.
Speaker 3: That's uh. If one thing could come out of this year in the NFL twenty twenty six, if it could be the death or at least the severe crippling of the role of the sports information an insider, I would really appreciate it because I think we can do without them. Yeah, it's but you know that being said Matt, there's no reason for I've not listened to a word you've said about the Rams. I took everything I could get from Pete Schreger this morning, and that is what I'm based out almost all of my analysis off of. Yes, because he is not He's not compromised like the Russinis and the Orlofskys of the world.
Speaker 4: When you start every segment about the Rams with my guy, I was talking with my guy Sean McVay and this is what's going on there.
Speaker 3: But you know he's got an argument too. You're like, hey, man, you seem a little close with him, and he could say, well, you know what, at least I'm not effinent.
Speaker 4: Yes, here's that. At least I was at that pool party with him the other one. Yes, we do have some updated Ty Simson news. By the way, Oh, Kelly cap Yeah, he just went through his press conference at the facility and was asked, Matthew has reached out to him, and here's.
Speaker 3: What he's.
Speaker 13: I have not. Kelly has actually texted me on on Instagram and it's, you know, welcomed me. Told her to hit her up with my family. She know we never knew anything. But I can't wait to talk to Matthew. I mean, I'm just I'm super excited because I just want to picture brain about everything so good? All that knowledge like that is is you know how he goes about things is you know.
Speaker 4: Super super awesome.
Speaker 3: And you know I've been a big fan for a long time. How does it go about things? He goes about him by getting kicked in the nuts by his wife for shame. I can't wait to meet her so she can open up her mouth.
Speaker 4: Yeah kay, you probably know more about Ty Simpson than I do. You know, I have done a lot of work on him. You know, I just dare have wide receivers and offensive players defensive, but hey, look I like Fernando Mendoza too. It doesn't mean I'm watching a lot of his films. You know, Quarterbacks are great, defensive players are great. But you've probably done more work on him than I have.
Speaker 3: K Kelly's gonna dislocate her jaw and swallow Ty Simpson's whole head and bite off his neck. Welcome to Weslake. We'll have some reaction.
Speaker 2: Max Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 3: This is Petrod Money on demand.
Speaker 4: I tro Money in five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app Go until six o'clock, and we have got David Basset, newest Charger, first dround pick a Keem Mesador and Don McLain on the Lakers who played Game three tonight down in Houston with that two zero series lead.
Speaker 3: Well, we do have some reaction.
Speaker 16: The Secret Text does a fine, brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: We make it easy.
Speaker 4: And Kate's talkback button.
Speaker 3: Do you have that intro? Kates, do you want to play that?
Speaker 4: You do your text first. He's gonna fall for it again, your text first, ptros. It's fine, all right, I'll read the one here. I don't want to be like Charlie Brown kicking the football here. Oh, it wasn't loud enough. Do it again.
Speaker 17: They're talking and back the pms talkbacks, talkbacks.
Speaker 4: Oh, I used to call the glitter as her response.
Speaker 16: The secret Text does a fine, brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 3: We make it easy, hey, Pete, Now play straight out of low cash. Look. I would play every song from CB four, including Sweat off my Balls, I'm licking your balls, I'm looking ahead. We can't, but the only one we can play that is playable. That we wouldn't have to delete every single years.
Speaker 12: Bley'll and I'm bleck y'all and I'm blacking and black and I'm black y'all, and I'm black y'all, and I'm bleck y'all and I'm blacking it black and I'm bleck y'all. I'm blocking black, blacking and black black. I'm blagging it black you because I'm black, You're I'm blesh you.
Speaker 3: I'm black and I'm blading. You're ant texting me and ask me if Lo Salamidos is a rough place and why that's why mackay LEMONACX like it's a real rough place. Man.
Speaker 4: You don't know what goes down at that volcano burger Man. It's like ce before Now, I just like went off the ball.
Speaker 3: There's so many jeeps out there, man, and I look the hell out. Hey, Pete, catching up on Wednesday's podcast and you said something. They really got a put on my skin. You were making fun of money. Tonightis for shame. What I suffer from tonightas or some form of it in both ears. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. What you did to Matt on air was worse than OJ ain't that the truth? Thank you, sir, for shame, for shame, for shame. Well, now that you've been built up f the draft, tell money. I'd rather listen to Kate's play, the same guy who submits every talk back for three hours than this crap about McVeigh and O. J. Simpson's white son. It's ass complete ass. Well, this is what everybody's talking about. What do you want from us? Matt had a hot take, okay, and then you came in with a hotter take. Well, everybody knows that Orlovsky's on the take.
Speaker 17: They're talking and back the PMS talkbags, hock bag talkbacks.
Speaker 4: Oh, I used to call the clitter as her sponsor. You guys want some talkbacks? Kelly?
Speaker 13: We what?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 4: Go ahead you Kelly.
Speaker 3: Kelly Stafford can't stop interacting with mister Matthews. Backups. Throw everyone off the set. I'm about to fart in the jar and send it to Matt.
Speaker 7: What are you nuts?
Speaker 4: Not much?
Speaker 8: We gotta get that poota Florida.
Speaker 7: There are only fangirls.
Speaker 11: That's farting jars and something to the buyer.
Speaker 18: By the way, I'm Latino, by the way, running here for the picturess in money Shoe.
Speaker 5: I just heard we were running low one con dent for the old glitters of response. I don't get to say much, so who here I am?
Speaker 7: And there you were?
Speaker 3: Sounds just like me.
Speaker 5: Again again, Runny here for the pictures in money shoe. I just heard we were running low on con dent for the old glitters of response. I don't get to say much, so who here I am?
Speaker 7: And there you were? Him week.
Speaker 18: Shoes?
Speaker 7: Who uney Pete?
Speaker 3: My dad's a whiteye, but my mom is Mexican, so my brother and I are Latino Latino. We didn't get any dark nipples. The guy upstairs got some, Big Boy got some petros, and BNDY got some. We didn't get any. Kates's butt hurt because there's not a lot of whites left to be taken.
Speaker 7: Oh there you go?
Speaker 3: Or is it because the only bruin who's even on the draft is great at eighteenth round?
Speaker 7: Loser? Kates?
Speaker 3: You got it because of the microphone after drinking was a very bad idea.
Speaker 10: Testing one two one two.
Speaker 4: This thing on, Hello.
Speaker 10: Man, mind numbing trade talk, geez min numbing draft talk is more like it. Come on, get back to me. When one of these prospects has played a couple downs.
Speaker 7: Hey yeah, tray Ton, Trayton, my nummy train.
Speaker 4: We'll be back with Mark Gray unless you have something else to add. Kates, Gord grief. Guys again, you're quin on.
Speaker 3: You just keep talking, You're chalking the charges. It's not even jeez, Louise, it's not the playoffs. You can't believe you know that they're ching hockey going on right now?
Speaker 7: You know who's about to retire?
Speaker 3: You're cheese great sport yacht? Oh whoa, yahn, whoa.
Speaker 4: It's the same guy who keeps calling about more King's talk.
Speaker 3: That sounds like Gonzo from the Muppets. My dad fought in Vietnam. I have an Anglo name. What of the odds? I'm Latino. I am very white, but I'm also drawn to dark nipples.
Speaker 7: Where that Feno?
Speaker 4: Thank you for your contribution to the show. Everybody, geez, just stop. What's all this charger stuff? Do you nose playing for the Kings?
Speaker 18: Who runny here? For the picturess in money Shoe?
Speaker 5: I just heard we were running low on content for the old glitteries of response. I don't get to say much, Sue who here.
Speaker 7: I am, and there you are.
Speaker 3: This tick says that Roddy impersonation was so spot on, I spewed bourbon out of my nose. I mean the dismount of and there you are.
Speaker 4: I'm here.
Speaker 3: And where's the bat? I'm here, and you are there and there you are stand in the place where you are now, face north. Okay, hanging there. We'll be right back with your word number Song of the day, Great Sports Talk