Speaker 1: All right, twelve oh seven, welcome on in. It's the average American in for the great American on this Thursday. Downtown Cincinnati will be a buzz tonight. Thus stubllers are in town. Oh, I can only imagine, and I will only imagine because I leave my couch. There's no way. I mean, let's put it this way. Whenever this game happens. As much as I like to be at games, if it's a night game against Pittsburgh, Homie ain't leaving home. That's just the way it is. But nevertheless, it's the Steelers tonight in town to take on the Bengals, what's left of the Bengals for a Thursday night game. And it will be interesting to see exactly how the rest of downtown Cincinnati behaves because it has been, as you know, and as we've been talking about on this radio station, it seems like since the middle of this summer, it is a dicey proposition every time the sun goes down on Cincinnati. So we'll see what tonight brings. I'm sure there will be, as always with any Bengals game night or noon, a very strong police presence. But who exactly will be the chief of Cincinnati's police force when the sun goes down tonight. According to the Inquirer, the city is negotiating with the current police chief, Thereesa Thiji to resign. She has been called back from Denver, from where all these police chiefs were meeting at a conference, and called back quickly by the city manager, Cheryl Long. So it doesn't sound like she's long for the police world here in Cincinnati. But somebody else who knows and knows that this might not be the best thing for the City of Cincinnati to do is standing by to join us right now. He, of course, is Cincinnati Fraternal Order of Police President Ken kobt Ket. How are you on this glorious day.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm well.
Speaker 1: They're going to can Thiji, aren't they.
Speaker 2: I suspect it's coming. It's just a matter of time.
Speaker 1: From what I've seen in the comments you've made, she's nothing more than a scapegoat here, Is that right?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Without a doubt.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is the problem, and I've told other media outlets the same thing is getting rid of her is not fixing the problem. It's just not You have a mayor that is telling her what to do, and she does it perfect excuse me, perfect example, the chief has asked the mayor for the last year to go meet with CPS figure out what we're going to do with these kids that are coming down.
Speaker 2: Here to these bus stops, and he just refuses to do it.
Speaker 4: She's gone to the mayor and say, listen, you've got to do something with these judges. Put pressure on these judges to give high bonds, put pressure on these judges to lock these violent people up and keep them locked up because the police are doing what they're supposed to be doing. And the bottom line is the marriage hasn't done it. So to use her as a scapegoat when she's done anything that the mayor has asked her to do, it's not going to fix the problem. We're going to continue in this until we have either a chief that works independently of elected officials, or we have a mayor that's going to fully support protecting the city.
Speaker 2: That's the bottom line.
Speaker 1: Well, we've got a mayor's election, as you well know, coming up here in November, and it would seem to me that the current mayor have to have Purivo found religion about all of this. Along about July when he came back from his family vacation in Vancouver. And obviously, now well, I mean, I mean, let's let's be honest here, Purvial is going to get reelected. It may not be what the amount of vote that he got the first time. He's going to be the mayor here again, unless something cataclysmic happens. It's the city of Cincinnati and the entire county of Hamilton County have turned blue. But you've you've you've hit the problem on the head can and that's judges. We have a largely Democrat bench in the city of Cincinnati. You guys, the police, you know exactly who these these criminals and these thugs are, and so they bring you, You bring them in. Maybe they stay in jail for a while, maybe they get bailed out, maybe bond is said at an increasingly low level. We've seen that this summer as well. And then they go through the prosecutorial process and they're prosecuted, and they wind up in front of a judge, and the judge wants to be crusader rabbit and turn a criminal back out on the street because we want to rehabilitate the criminal. And then tomorrow it's rinse and repeat. There's the problem, is it not?
Speaker 4: Oh, without a doubt, I was told yesterday and this is an absolute staggering fact. There are four people that are under indictment for murder right now that are walking around our communities.
Speaker 2: They're out on EMU. They murder and they're out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just given the current makeup of the bench in Hamlin County. It does not surprise me because there is a there is a philosophical belief that everybody should be rehabilitated. No, their ass should be thrown in jail. Just like these two nutballs that went through Fountain Square a couple of nights ago, shooting it up and shooting at innocent people in a restaurant ought to be in jail. I know you're still looking for a couple of them, or one of them at least, but you got I mean, if the video is there, the gun is there, the gun is tied to the guy, the guy needs to be put in jail. But we both know what's going to happen, don't we.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, two of the people involved in that. One was out on bond for an aggravated robbery. Another person involved was just recently placed on community control or probation, if you will, for a pistol whipping offense that occurred earlier this year. So it's no surprise that these things are happening. It's no surprise that it's going to continue to happen until we decide and these judges decide that they're going to lock up these people that are continuing to commit violent crime. And part of that is we have an election. Know who the candidates are, know who the candidates that support law and order. Get those judges in office, and maybe we'll see a change.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know a little bit about this, not a lot, but certainly I know a little bit about this. The recidivism rate is extremely high, and one would guess that there are people right now that you and your fellow officers see on a daily basis, and you know it's just a matter of time before they do something again. Everybody, not all of these people that can make crimes, but a large number, you know, are just going to be right back at it the minute they get out of jail or the minute they're turned loose into the community. You know these people are, don't.
Speaker 2: You, absolutely? And that's just it.
Speaker 4: I mean, you've got a community of three hundred thousand people and you might have five hundred to one thousand.
Speaker 2: I mean, think about that.
Speaker 4: Five hundred to one thousand of people are driving all of the crime in this city, and the number might actually be lower.
Speaker 2: But when you look at that.
Speaker 4: From the perspective, there's three hundred thousand people in this city. That's a low number. So why are we not finding those people and keeping them locked up? Because they're finding them. The comps are doing a fantastic job. You go back to the Fountain Square. You know that they had two shootings in two weeks and they've made these arrests, They've recovered the guns. It's not the police that aren't doing their job. The judges have got to step up.
Speaker 1: Is theg popular inside the rank and file. I know there's this this lawsuit involving officer Tony Nash twenty twenty four lawsuit. The judge throughout half of the half of the charges I guess it was late August, but four of them were allowed to go forward. You had what, you know, the terrible thing that that happened in over the Rhine with the shooting of Heninger. I'm just I'm just wondering is she popular with her with her rank and file.
Speaker 2: Well, to be honest, it depends on how to ask.
Speaker 4: I mean, there are certainly people in this department that don't agree with things she's done, and there's people that have. But there is one thing that every officer that I've talked to in the last twenty four hours agrees with is she's getting railroaded, even their officers that don't necessarily care for her, that have reached out to me and said, listen, you know, I'm not the biggest fan of hers, but this is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: She's getting railroaded.
Speaker 4: She's nothing but a political pond, and that's one thing everybody agrees on.
Speaker 1: Well, it looks like she's I mean, look, if they hauled her back from a conference in Denver overnight and they're trying to negotiate her way out, you know, to avoid litigation, she's gone. It's just a matter of when. This is an open ended question, and I know that the answer to it is someone somewhere. But who would want to walk into this situation right now and become the chief of police in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Without a doubt?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: And the travesty of all this is the men and women that still go out every day and put this uniform on amidst all this chaos that's going on at City Hall and a chaos that's going on with the command staff dealing.
Speaker 2: With the chief.
Speaker 4: They still go out every day, they put their uniform on and they're dealing with this. You know, those are the people that should be giving all of the credit in the world that amidst all of this nonsense, they're still going out and protecting the city. But to your point, who would want to do it? Who would want to step in I deal with this, with this mess that's going on right now?
Speaker 1: Well that's it. It looks like that we all know city Council, regardless of the makeup of it, has been dysfunctional as long as I've been in town, and I've been in town on and all for the last forty five years. I mean, there was a time when there was some serenity when Charlie Luken was mayor. There seemed to be a process where things got done. I think he was a guy that got things done. Now it just seems like, you know, every time you turn your head around, there's somebody making a nitwit statement where the mayor goes missing or things like that. So if you're the mayor, for example, of Fort Wayne, Indiana, I'm sorry, the police chief in Fort Wayne, Indiana, or perhaps in Frisco, Texas, or wherever they may look next, and you're looking at Cincinnati, you're saying to yourself, do I really want that headache? I may wait for the next train to come and take me someplace else where. At least I got a fighting chance. But you and I both know there are probably people inside the rank and file. Somebody that's sitting there that's politically motivated inside the force right now would probably want to say, yeah, take a shot at this. I mean there will be somebody right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there.
Speaker 4: Believe me, there are more than qualified people. We have several people in this department that are capable of running a police department. It all comes down to as a matter of are they going to be allowed? Are they going to be allowed to take this department and run it the way they see fit? Are we going to continue with what we have right now, which is city hall dictating what the chief's going to do.
Speaker 2: All right, that's okay, nothing's going to change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So what is this thing I read on Fountain Square we're going to beep up. We're going to beep up security between two o'clock in the afternoon at ten o'clock at night. I mean, I read that the other day, and the first thing that struck me was, well, the criminals can set a wake up call for ten thirty at night and they're open for business. What's the wisdom behind just a certain finite number of hours every day.
Speaker 2: Optics?
Speaker 4: Quite honestly, I mean, why you would announce that, I don't know, because to your point, okay, well they're going to be there from two to ten.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: If I'm going to go cause a ruckus, it's either going to be at one o'clock or eleven o'clock. Why you would announce that.
Speaker 4: I have no idea other than the fact that you want to show that you're doing something, that we're gonna make this safe and we're doing something.
Speaker 2: Here's what we're doing instead of just doing it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just I mean, I mean, to me, it was just it was a foolish thing to do, all right. So the FOP get no confidence vote in pure boll back a couple of months ago in August. You know what we have in town that I we and we will have continuing through the course of the fall, in the winter, many events in downtown Cincinnati. They put a skating rink up on Fountain Square. We have the Bengals playing occasionally in primetime football. Well, what do you tell of the average person that's going to be driving in, perhaps not from Hamilton County, but from Warren County, Butler County wherever to watch this game tonight, or anything else that might transpire on a nightly basis, daily basis. Helly, we got shootings in broad daylight. What would you tell them about the safety and the security of downtown Cincinnati right now?
Speaker 2: You better be aware of your surroundings. You better stay in large groups.
Speaker 4: That that is going to minimize your risk of becoming a victim. But quite honestly, I would park as close to the stadium. I can go to the game and then win. It's over, get out of dodge.
Speaker 1: Well, if you park, if you pack around Fountain Square like tonight's game, it sounds like you better get out of there at halftime. I mean if it runs out at ten o'clock at night. Man, I ain't walking up the Fountain Square at ten o'clock at night, would you.
Speaker 4: No, But you have to understand, especially a game you know, like this obviously Thursday night football, there are going to be probably between one hundred one hundred and fifty cops somewhere around there that are gonna be working that are going to make absolutely every effort to make sure that the people that come here are going to be here in a safe environment. But with that being said, cops can't be everywhere. So like I said, it's it's it's gonna hopefully it's going to be a great night in Sea Cincinnati, but be aware of your surroundings. And they said, as soon as the game's over, I would be certainly heading back to where I came from.
Speaker 1: Ken Cole, I should know this, and I don't. How long have you been on the force.
Speaker 2: I'm the police department for twenty five years.
Speaker 1: Who's the best chief you had?
Speaker 4: You know, there's two debates for this. I will tell you personally, Chief Striker hired me twice, once as a police get at it and once as a police officer, so I certainly have a lot of respect for him. And then we had James Craig, who I'll tell you what you ask anybody that's been around when James Craig was here, what he brought to Cincinnati in the short time that he was here was nothing short of phenomenal. And it's ironic because he was the chief that was the first one that was hired outside of our department, and was the first one hired under Issue five, which meant that they could essentially try to make a fire you for pretty much whatever reason, and the city hall could cold what you did. He was here for two years and not a day more because he refused to cave into city Hall and they got rid of him for it.
Speaker 1: I knew Striker. I knew Craig Striker couldn't work in the environment that exists in this town right now as a police chief. And Craig wouldn't even look at it. Twice. I know he got into politics when he went up to Michigan, and if that's the step he wants to take, great But in this current environment, neither one of those two guys would work here. I guarantee you want to work here.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, you look and we had you Elliot Isaac. You know, with the environment that he had working, he did a great job.
Speaker 4: Chief Fiji's done a great job with the environment in which he has to work in. But these, you know, the days of Chief Striker being able to run the department the way that he saw fit. Those ended when he retired and we won't see that again. And that's the problem.
Speaker 1: So you say replacing the chief is not the answer. There are three options reappeal issue five. So the chief isn't under the thumb of an elected official. I'm reading your words back to you. Convinced the mayor to allowed the chief to do his or her job independently, or put a new mayor in Well, I you know, as much as I think the Republican side of this would love to see Corey Bowman have a chance, I think you're now to your top two there, And of those top two, what do you think the most likely thing to happen is? I think it's neither as what you don't want to say. But what do you think the most likely chance is?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think the more likely thing would be coming up with a ballot initiative and get to convince the voters that we have got to allow the police chief to work.
Speaker 2: There are ways that.
Speaker 4: This charter amendment could be could be at least, if not repealed, that can be amended. That affords the chief some protections to run the department that they see fit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, ultimately what has to happen, you know, you know.
Speaker 1: Ken, the answer to all of our questions in life is money. And all it's going to take is two or three high profile businesses to move out of downtown Cincinnati unless they can corral this stuff. And that's going to be what is the impetus to change all this stuff? Money buys attention, and I think invariably, unless this thing is corralled, you're going to get that. You'll get two or three high profile businesses move out, and then all of a sudden people will start getting religion on this stuff. That's the way it works, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: That's a sad part is because I don't want to see any business leaf. I want to see this place thrive. But you know something has to change.
Speaker 1: Well, Ken Kober, we always appreciate you having you on. We'll see who you're cheap is by sundown tonight. My guess is it won't be Teresa Thiji. It may not be anyone for a while. We'll see. But for your time today. We certainly appreciate it. You stay well, okay.
Speaker 2: Yep, you as well, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: You bet, it is a mess. And let me just think of that. If you're Thiji, you go to Denver, You're with all of your peers out there, and all of a sudden you're yanked back into town. And now, if you're going to do that to somebody, why don't you just do that before they leave? So you've got embarrassment on top of what sounds like problems with the rank and file of the cops. But we have Monday Night Football Tonight twelve twenty four News Radio seven hundred w WELWH thirty seven News Radio seven hundred WLW, The Average American in for the Great American on this Thursday on the show today coming up one oh six. This peace plan that the President negotiated with all these other countries, how long do you think it's going to take before Hamas turns that thing upside down? They've already kind of done that. But to my knowledge, Hamas is still armed, So I ain't going to disarm Hamas well. Have somebody who is well noted, well spoken, and someone who has studied Middle East tensions and settlements for decades joined us. At one O six, two o six, Charlie Kirk's widow got the Medal of Freedom that President Trump handed out yesterday or it was yester two days for her husband, the late Charlie Kirk. And there is someone who believes that there are parallels between the assassination of Charlie Kirk and the assassination of former President John Fitzgerald Kennedy. And he has a theory as to why each one of those happened and how they're intertwined. We'll get to that at two of six. All kinds of stuff on the show today, and yes there is Monday Night football tonight. This is a battle of old guys. I love old guys when they engage in battle gladiators. I think the combined age of Joe Flacco and Aaron Rodgers or something like eighty one eighty two years old. Flacco was talking about that this week with the media about just how this is one for the aged.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's one thing you guys can't talk about this week in terms of me being older at least, but it's pretty neat. I mean, Aaron's been in the league a few years longer than me. But we started playing in two thousand and eight, so been some been doing it for a long time. It's pretty cool now.
Speaker 1: Me Meanwhile, you got Rogers who is with Pittsburgh. They're doing pretty well. God admit, they're doing pretty well. And the old guy thing, you know, the icy hot Bowl thing, it's not lost on him. He was in Pittsburgh crowing about that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it's great, great for all the old guys.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 8: I know that when I watch other sports. Maybe it's because I'm the older guy, but I tend.
Speaker 5: To to pull.
Speaker 8: For the older guys too to win, to win championships. I'm I'm I've been friends with Steph for a long time. Steph is one of the older guys in the NBA. Now there's any time to Warriors to play. I'm always pulling for for Steph to ball out for them, for them to win. But, uh, it's great. I mean, I've known Jill for a long time. Uh, he's been great coming to my charity event. Uh, he's been a great ambassador for the league. He's had a great career, and it's fun that we're both still playing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he pulls for the old I pull for the old guys. I root for Cunningham. Somebody that is not excited about any of this is Mike Tomlin. I don't know if you heard his comments about the Browns trading Flacco here to the Bengals. He made this statement earlier this week.
Speaker 6: You know. To be honest, it was shocking to me.
Speaker 9: Andrew Barry must be a lot smarter than me or us Browns GM, because it doesn't make sense to me to trade a quarterback that you think enough of to make your opening day starter to a division opponent that's hurting in that area.
Speaker 6: But that's just my personal feeling.
Speaker 1: He was salivating over the opportunity to defend against Jake Browning. Now he's got to deal with Flacco, who may or may not have hit his stride in the second half of that game on Sunday. We'll see better evidence coming tonight. Standing by to join us right now is somebody that knows all of this stuff inside out. He is the president and CEO of Resilience Media. What is that, I don't know. I think he's kind of like a facilitator. But anyway, primary coverage and primary facilitation efforts are in the world of sports, We've had Neil Coolong on before when he was with USA Today and then with SI dot Com and now here he is president and CEO of his own company. Who would want that? Neil Coolong, how are you on this glorious day.
Speaker 10: I'm doing very well, still in my keyjote like approach to finding whatever else is out there. But it's it's a it's a crazy new world, but it's exciting and there's always NFL to discuss and go over.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, okay, So we have. As we were joking back and forth on Twitter the other day, it's this is not a game for the ages. This is a game for the aged. This is the This is the Icy Hot Bowl. According to Aaron Rodgers and to Joe Flacco, who would have thought at the end of last season it would be Rogers against Flaco's Steelers against Bengals, But that's why they played the games. Neil, who is the more successful aging veteran at this point? In your opinion?
Speaker 10: I think if we were to break it down like that, Rogers probably has a step on Flacco.
Speaker 3: But the reason the Bengals.
Speaker 10: Brought Flacco in is because the more able, bodied, somewhat experienced quarterback that they had wasn't working out. And what they really want is to put it in this context, the studio musician. You know, Flacco is going to come in, he's going to play the music, and he's going to leave.
Speaker 6: They have.
Speaker 10: Abnormally powerful weapons within that offense that Jake Browning was not utilizing fully and they needed somebody that could just would simply be able to diagnose what a defense is doing and get the playmakers the ball in an effort to salvage whatever they can in an adverse situation. And I think Flacco is a reasonable option for that, and he was probably the most affordable option all things considered. You know that there are others out there that probably have more physical skill, but experience in that kind of situation counts a ton. And this is one why a guy like Joe Flacco and even Aaron Rodgers are still in the NFL. In two why teams largely consider their backup quarterback to be a top twenty roster spot. When that starter goes down, there's a lot you can't replace, and because of that, you're going to have to You know, the coaches will never say that you're going to have to compensate in other ways. The one thing you absolutely cannot have is a guy that's afraid or inexperience in performing under the lights. And I think that's the situation that we have tonight. You've got two veteran quarterbacks that are not the physical specimen they used to be. They're both Super Bowl champion quarterbacks, they both have two of the best postseason performances in NFL history.
Speaker 3: In my opinion, they're a long way from that.
Speaker 10: What they can do is identify a defense and conduct an offense within a structure that will utilize the weapons they have available.
Speaker 1: Why is Mike Tomlin so bent out of shape that the Browns made this trade with the Bengals to get Flaco? Why does he care? I mean, I know we'd rather face Browning than Flaco, But over and above that, why would Mike Tomlin care?
Speaker 10: I you know, it's it's funny, that's really kind of the question of the week on the inside, because go back seventeen years, very rarely do you see Tomlin kind of, you know, get bristled up a little bit over something. He does not comment negatively on opponents. Ever, there was a joke we used to have in the room, you can play Bengo based on the opponent, and we tried to assign who the cliche was going to be about, like combat catch guy was this guy, or you know he covers every blade of grass will be this guy. For him to say what he did, it was awfully pointed, and I don't think it's so much pointed at the Bengals. I think what if I were to guess, and this is pure speculation on my part, I don't know anything about it. I think what he's saying is the Bengals are a dangerous team even if Joe Burrow is not playing. Obviously they're going to take a step back, but you can find ways to beat teams with the weapons that they have on offense if you get a quarterback that can be averaged.
Speaker 3: Browning was not average in that sense.
Speaker 10: The Browns deciding to send a veteran quarterback inside the division who's a noticeable step up based on the two games that we saw.
Speaker 3: Poor Jake Browning. I don't know what happened to.
Speaker 10: Him to help them improve that keeps them alive within the division, and I think that's kind of what he is saying like, why would you do that? If you're Andrew Berry. You're not getting anything out of that. You're still paying most of Flacco's salary, which isn't all that much anyway. You swapped picks, so it's the difference of like seventeen picks unless you had an extreme problem.
Speaker 3: With Joe Flacco. How are you benefiting from this deal at all? And conversely, the Bengals made the deal of the year.
Speaker 10: I know we're not going to look at it that way as it being that intense of a transaction that could save their season.
Speaker 1: How is this playing out tonight? Because I looked at the Steelers, nothing really jumps out at me. Statistically for them, they don't run the ball particularly well on average. Although Warren has had his moments, Rogers his days of throwing close to four hundred and three touchdown passes pretty much gone by. The offensive line seems to have done okay. He's not getting sacked a lot. Defensively, they look like they're healthy and they're pretty darn good. But I'm just wondering, if you look at this game tonight, I'm wondering if we're going to eclipse thirty points in this game? And that's combined. How do you see this thing playing out?
Speaker 10: We've said that a lot about these games. You never know when it comes to Thursday night games within the division. You know, we spent the last week talking about Jackson Dart basically being the reincarnation of Joe Montana. When you're familiar with your opponent and you have the opportunity on a short week to kind of seize momentum in a game and really, you know, throw a knockout blow at somebody that can go either way. I don't think Cincinnati had a fairly significant hurdle to overcome, but they're professionals. When jobs get you know, challenged, I'm not saying threatened, but a bad season is not going to do well for your coaching staff.
Speaker 3: And I think that's true of anybody.
Speaker 10: If if you're going to show that one player is the reason you're able to do absolutely anything, they're going to look for other coaches. They're going to improve everybody else. So they're they're they're going to be fully invested in that. And on top of that, it's not like they need to sit down and categorically break down everything Pittsburgh does. They know Pittsburgh well, they know the tendencies, they have veteran players, they're going to have a good sense of who they are in that I would agree. I would probably feel this would be lower scoring just because it seems like these games, especially in the AFC North, they're they're for jabbers more than haymakers. They're not going to, you know, really kind of push the knockout blow. But at the same time, if I'm Cincinnati, look I've got I've got t Higgins, I've got Jamar Chase. I'm going to put them to work. Let's let's get them down the field. I'm however many points it is underdog tonight, I'm going to try to make big plays because, to be honest with you, looking at the Steelers film, I don't see a team that one really wants to try for those big plays. And two probably because we're not going to be all that successful of them play a play. I like what DK Metcalf did last week. I don't know if his body of work to this point is representative of a player that is going to make big plays, all things being equal, I think a lot of the place he's made to this point is defenders slipping on turf miscommunications and coverage.
Speaker 3: We've seen that to this point.
Speaker 10: Either way, there are two players who, in my opinion, are noticeably better than DK Metcalf on the other side of the ball. I think Cincinnati can get away with that. Are they going to risk the takeaways? Are they going to risk deep drops with an old and immobile quarterback against a pretty aggressive pass rush. That's where I think this probably goes more into a lower scoring tilt. But you never know on Thursday night.
Speaker 1: No, you know, you really never do. But there are storylines all over this game I think make it kind of kind of intriguing. Neil Coolong he is, as I say, the king looking for a kingdom, but he's with Resilience Media. And this is a guy that has worked in a number of different places, including covering the Steelers as a beat writer working for USA Today, and I think all points in between and nose Pittsburgh inside out. Sorry, so I got thirty seconds, give me a final score.
Speaker 10: I'm going to say Pittsburgh twenty six Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Twenty. I think it'll be competitive.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it gets over thirty, it gets over thirty.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I just I'm leaning into that because I feel like there's going to be the last drive. They could result in a touchdown to kind of break open a nineteen sixteen nineteen nineteen.
Speaker 3: Type of game. They're going to play close for most of it.
Speaker 10: I think the game is going to swing in one way or another in the second half.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you see you like forty six in this game. I think the number in this game the last time I looked was somewhere around forty four. I think it's a forty three and a half right now. So you're saying it dances with the number, and it's Pittsburgh minus five and a half. So it's what you take is the over. If you're Neil Koolong and you take the Steelers and give the points, that's what you're saying.
Speaker 3: You say it like that, You make me want to change my mind.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna got the Steelers the historic They are so bad on the road on Thursday nights.
Speaker 3: Gosh, that's tough.
Speaker 1: Are you that week that I changed your mind in thirty seconds on this thing? Are you that week?
Speaker 10: It's I don't trust the Steelers on Thursday night. You know I talked to Cleveland radio stations. How many times I picked Cleveland to win, and they laughed at me in these games. Yeah, Steelers don't play well on Thursday night. Now, this is earlier in the year when you get you know, the past couple of seasons, they have older teams playing late in the year on Thursday night. And if they're they're dead. They've got nothing in those games. But they get killed. And it wouldn't surprise me if if this is a lot more competitive than people think that it will.
Speaker 3: But I'm gonna stick with the over. I just think I think there's gonna be a late touchdown in there.
Speaker 1: Well, it's all right, I mean it's it's it's radio. Nobody's gonna come looking for you if you're if you're wrong, But that's okay. That's why we like having you on. Neil Coolong. You can follow them on Twitter. It's the at sign in his name Neil with an A N E A L coulong c l o ng. All right, my friends, stay well, you and I will visit probably close to that next game here in about a month.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I'm already looking forward.
Speaker 1: To listen to you. I'm toying with the under in this game. I just am. I just can't. I can't bring myself to take the over. Now watch it be like thirty eight thirty four or something like that. But I just I just got I have a feeling about the under in this one. We'll see twelve fifty three already, My goodness, we are plowing forward very close to the Bengals pregame show at three o'clock on news Radio seven hundred wl W. All right one six news Radio seven hundred WLW. Welcome back to the average American and for the great American on this Thursday. Wherever you are, however you're consuming this show, whether it's through the great and I mean great medium of terrestrial radio or perhaps the iHeartMedia app, we welcome you on it. We really do. And you know, there are a lot of things buzzing around, certainly here in the city of Cincinnati. Monday night football, well, I guess it's Thursday night. Put Thursday night football is in town. That's going to be a big event. The safety of the city and your ability to go down there and see that game and do other things in around the greater Cincinnati area Hamblin County, but in particularly the city of Cincinnati, that's of great concern. I know, to a lot of people, A lot of people are suburbians. They don't go to Hamilton County into the city of Cincinnati every single day, and so they don't know what to expect. We've seen the news reports, We've heard the verbiage. We know the police chief is about to be fired or will work out some resignation, and people are wondering, you know, what do I really want to you know, what can I find around my town? What can't I find that I have to find in the city of Cincinnati. And the answer is pretty much nothing. The Reds, of course play downtown, the Bengals play downtown, and of course there might be one or two other things that might draw you to downtown Cincinnati. But by and large, anything that's in downtown Cincinnati that you think is great, restaurant, shopping, whatever it may be, is available where you live, or at least very close to where you live. And it's an image problem that the city of Cincinnati has. It is a growing image problem. And as I I said, and what I had Ken Kobleer on here about an hour ago, all it's going to take is one or two high profile businesses to pull out and say, you know what, we're done, we're moving. We're moving to Westchester, or we're moving to Erlanger, or we're moving someplace other than downtown Cincinnati. And all of a sudden, you've got major problems financial and otherwise in downtown Cincinnati. So politics aside, and I know you can't do that with this particular situation. Unless they can get a handle on this thing, it will affect this city financially. And so they've I seek, I think reluctantly embraced the state help that the governor has offered. And so you'll probably see some more state police in and around downtown Cincinnati. But it's an indictment really of the ability to recruit new officers and of a message that is emanating from city Hall that cascades into the courtroom. Were these judges, these relatively new judges sit that think it's okay, you know, term loose, no matter what they did, term loose, rehabilitate them. There things buzzing around the world too, and not the least of which is an uneasy piece in the Middle East. We saw what the President did earlier this week. We know that the last of the twenty living hostages held by Hamas in Gaza are now back in Israel. The hostages were kidnapped, as we know on October seventh, twenty twenty three. We also know that there were many of those hostages that simply did not survive. Where are the bodies? Hamas brought another body back to Israel, at least through the Red Cross back to Israel, but they've been playing games with some of the remains standing by the way. In as somebody who knows Middle East politics and the way things are in that area of the world. He is a trained Middle East historian PhD from King's College in London, and he's written a lot of books about Arab Israeli conflicts and American forum policy as such. And it's great to have doctor ASoP Romerowski join us once again here on seven hundred w welw and doctor, how are you on this glorious Thursday?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 11: How are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm well, okay, give me some odds. How do you think? What do you think the odds are of this piece holding for let's say thirty days.
Speaker 11: Well, it's already hasn't really fulfilled itself. I mean, I think we need to contextualize what we're seeing here, you know, there's no doubt that this was an historic event. In the moment that you to see the reunification of the families of the hostages who've been in captivity in the really in the dungeon hollows of Gaza, in these terror tunnels. That being said, you're already seeing that the second part of the deal, which was supposed to be the those who uh, those who have perished, the dead hostages are only coming out in drips and drabs uh. And to even give your listeners a context of some of this, four of the bodies that were returned yesterday, one of them was not even a hostage, was not even a body of a hostage. And that was something these kind of psychological games we saw early on in the war, for example with the Bevas family, which again they when they got to the forensic institute in Tel Aviv, they realized that they put in other body parts. So this is the unfortunate psychological game that Hamas is putting on. And let's not forget the fact that at the moment that Israel moved out of the area that they were in, Hamas is already executing people in the streets, and nobody's reporting about it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, very few I've seen. I've seen a couple, but I haven't seen certainly not the mainstream media. They're they're not going to reap or anything like that. But all right, who didn't think Hamas was going to do this? I mean they had to. I mean even the people that were instrumental in putting this deal together, and that would start with President Trump, and I think you would have to look at the leaders of Turkey and Qatar and other places like that. They would have had to have known that Hamas is. They're just they're just untrustworthy people. So they they had to know something like this was going to happen, didn't they.
Speaker 11: Yes. I mean, look, let's not forget the fact that Turkey and Cutter were also patrons of Hanas. They're the ones who also funded UH ten to seven. And of course let's not we cannot forget. And when we were missed the mission to miss the Islamic Republic of Iran, it's in their DNA. I think that there was larger interest, that is to say, what Cutter and what Turkey went out of the United States, you know, as far as Turkey one, uh, you know, a playing deal when it comes to the f thirty five UH and the discussion going on there cut our once a new airbase. You know, there's a lot of things as far as their own national interests that supersede what they're deal with Hamas.
Speaker 3: Is.
Speaker 11: Their message to Hamas was that basically, this is the best deal you're going to get after two years, you might as well take it. And in return, Hamas is receiving close to two thousand active terrorists from Israeli prisons who are going to be fortifying the bench. The larger issue, I think for the Trump administration is more about the regional objectives, and that is to say, if Indonesia, who's been making comments already about joining the Abram records, and more importantly the Saudis who creditated their involvement on the ending of the war, which is a big deal for the US and for Israel that would be a big win the war with Hamas itself. Again, you're not going to change their ideology. You're not going to change their DNA. You're talking about a Jihati barbarics, a elimination of ideology. That is that they believe in hook, line and sinker, and that's they're committed to that.
Speaker 1: So back in the summer, Trump sends a bunch of B two bombers over to Iran and blows up some of their nuclear sites, the damage of which you know might have been in contention. The administration said, look, we basically neutralize this group, and that was the chief funder for Hamas. You do economic deals with Turkey and Qatar, and that's how you attack that particular problem with regards to Hamas and how it's being fostered and funded. That seems to be the art of the deal. No pun intended here for the president. That's how we attack this thing. But everybody now has a little bit of stake in this game, don't they. I mean, if Aron starts wearing its ugly head again, here come the B two s, and Turkey and Katar don't get what they want economically for certain if they start fooling around with Hamas again. So he's trying to cut all of this off at the head, is he not?
Speaker 11: Yes? And I think that to some extent he's been able to do that. Not to mention to your earlier point, suffocating from US financially, which is obviously critical, I think that, you know, creating a regional environment, and specifically as it relates to the understanding that Iran is the greatest destabilizing force in the region and creating a coalition of countries the Saudis, the Israeli, the Jordanians, the Egyptians who are willing to fight him back with the United States, that is a useful move. Not to mention, you know, one should not, you know, ignore the fact that, uh, what we saw and you're illustrated was a phenomenal illustration of the US Israel alliance when they are on the same page, you know, going back to Trump's speech at the Israeli parliament this week with Natanya together, and so the message to the our world as a hamas that there is no there is no wishy washing policies here. Israel and the US are on the same day, and the US will back Israel militarily if and when they need to continue this battle. And that's also been a message that has come out of the Frump administration, which again the previous administration was waf pulling on this matter. And I think that the fact that we are in the same page now, you know, does show the turns and does show that they are going to act when they need to.
Speaker 1: I saw former Harvard professor Alan Dershwitz on one of the programs in the last couple of days. He said, this deal would be unattainable for presidents Obama or Biden. Obama tried to buy some sort of deal with Iran and therefore it's it's subsidiaries like kamal Us with money. And Biden was just I mean, he was a complete neurological mess when he was in office and probably wasn't running the country, let alone foreign policy. But Trump got a deal that the other two guys before him could not get. It was Dershowitz, right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I don't disagree with Dershowitz on that point. I mean, I think that we were engaged, and specifically under the Obama years in this policy of appeasements towards Dran which was followed through by the Biden administration. And you saw that the mixed messages that came out of the Biden administration, even in the first months and you know, I would say sixty days of the war, where they were already trying to appease come out and trying to make the Israelis, which eventually is what they did fight with one hand behind their backs. And that was that all around. It was only when the Israelis were able to turn the corner and make those significant successes that were aparently wise taking out Habalah, you know, you know, going after run, moving along when it came to Rau inside of Gazza that you did see these more military significant moves and that and that, and that worked well and was for fortified once Trump came into office in January.
Speaker 1: Okay, see you've got Hamas and one of the bodies that they sent back to Israel is not the body of a hostage. They must have spare bodies lying around Gaza all over the place. Uh so the body parts were not of one of the hostages.
Speaker 6: We know that.
Speaker 1: We also know that they have been executing people in Gaza city mentioned that before. You know, Trump wants this deal to work. This is a this is a crowning achievement for him. This is something that no other president, to my mind, has been able to pull off. This is a coalition of countries that have come together to say this is it, and this is the deal, and take it or leave it. At what point? At what point does patients run out? Because if it's not holding here inside of seventy two hours after that paper was signed. At what point does patients run out? What is the line in your opinion that Hamas must not cross, because if they do, then the deal blows up and then we're back to military action.
Speaker 11: If we start seeing more rockets flying in from Gazam back into Israel, and if we start seeing more military activity attacking israelis I mean, let's be clear here, Israel is still about fifty five fifty six percent and still controlling Gazo and so, and if they need to continue the battle and continue to actually go inward where they left on those lines, then that'll be a clear red line.
Speaker 1: Doctor, this is going to sound like a basic naive question, but I excel at these kinds of questions, so please bear with me. We're chatting with doctor s. F. Romerowski, PhD. Well, he's a doctor, that's why he's a PhD. King's College, London. Why can't everybody in that area of the country of the world get along? Is it all religious based? Is it all historical? Why can't people see that here now as opposed to what happened in the past and just say, you know what it's in everybody's best interest financially and certainly from a health standpoint, to just start getting along with each other. Why can't that happen?
Speaker 11: Well, I mean, and if we solve that problem might be out of business. But you know, there's the you know, these conflicts have been going on for decades and you know we're all junking aside. I mean, the fact of the matter is that the conflict is indeed entangled theologically, culturally, politically, But when it comes in particular to the Israeli Pabalistinian dynamic, the ultimate fact that rejectionism is always trump statehood, and the fact that at every point in time where the Arab Palestinians were offered a state a compromise, they've always renexed on their promises and they've never followed through. Its quite telling about their ideology. And Hamas again is not given up their objective as far as the destruction of the state of Israel. And so when you have this black and white binary understanding and the fact that Arab Palestinians refused to accept Israel's rights to exist, this is where it all goes on. And you know, this is a cycle that continues from generation to generation educationally wise, as an academic, I will tell you I mean the fact that there is no education towards accepting the other and accepting Israel's rights with this in peace, whereas Israeli textbooks indeed do talk about that. That is also part of the rejectionism that you know, is infusing this ideology from im a very young age.
Speaker 1: Doctor Hamas has to disarm. Who's going to make them do that?
Speaker 11: I think that we might we will see pressure coming from the Trump administration to try to get these patrons, you know, and kind of give carriage. If the Turk and if the Kataris try to push gazap to uh, you know, move move along, that could potentially help a deal. And of course let's not forget the gos in our Egyptian and so if Egypt gets involved here, that will be another pressure point to move this along. The more pressure is coming from the Arab brethren, there is more of a shot than you could push Kamas. But but ultimately the ultimate goal is to disentangle Kmas from Palestinian society such as it is. If you're able to kind of clean out whatever you can salvage, that's a better way to go. About this. Kamas is now trying to reinvent itself as a law and order force, internal security force. If these are all the trigger and code name that they're giving themselves as they're going around the streets of Gaza City and killing their own you know, you know, you know, executing people left and right. But that needs to change. The other part of the deal, which was again another parrot that Wick coffin Trump gave Comas, was amnesty. That is to say that Hamas leadership could leave Gaza and go to cut her in Turkey again. Are you just prolonging and putting a bandit on the problem. That's my read on the issue. Uh, I mean, we're going to be in this for a while. Not to mention the fact that it took Comas twenty years to build a maye a tunnel, a tunnel maze of Gaza, It'll take that long to rebuild it. And not to mention I think last estimates that I saw were like in the amounts of a circular, you know, circling around one hundred and twenty one hundred and twenty five billion dollars that requires to rebuild, rehabilitate and start, you know, and build something new.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you're right, you're not going to be out of business anytime soon. And I know doctor that you're a very busy guy this day and age, and we appreciate your time here on seven hundred at WYLW. You take care, Okay, thank you so much, Thank for having me. Yes, sir, without a question, Yes, sir, I give it a It's not going to last. There's something. It's just you. You're talking about centuries of hostilities, and I think it's tenuous at best, but at least it's a start. And we'll see how good some of these other countries are with regards to this, because there are a lot of countries that he made deals with that I don't trust either. It's one twenty seven. It's news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: I see you, you see me, I see you. I'm watching you.
Speaker 5: Hell hello, quiet, and I'm spoke.
Speaker 12: I'm broadcasting. She's watching you, I know, ken Brew, I'm watching. I'm just kind of sitting here, not looking at anybody. I know she's watching us. I know she's watching you because she ain't looking at me. By the way, who the hell is she? That's the police chief. She was called back from Denver last night at a police conference. I wonder who did you think she had a foot the bill for that plane? Or do you think the city of Cincinnati sent AFT tab one out there? She flew coach Yeah, probably so middle c or probably probably grey on.
Speaker 1: Middle seat coach on the Red Eye.
Speaker 12: Yeah, she's probably in Wichita, Kansas right now.
Speaker 1: TG the TG.
Speaker 12: Well, you know, I don't know what, who knows what? You know, what's gonna happen in Downtown's like, you know, they're it's unbelievable. They got a football game down there tonight and hopefully everything good the football game in town. Yeah, well you heard Ken Kober. He says, get the hell out of there immediately after the game end. Hey, if they beaped up security on Fountain Square from two o'clock in the afternoon at ten o'clock at night, So if you park up there, you're good till halftime, but get the hell out after halftime. Ken Brew the Stood's reporters of Proud Service, every local Teme Star heating and air conditioning dealers tamestar quality you can feel in Cincinnati, col Wyoming Air one eight eight eight nine six h v A C Sports and also ken Brew. Today, we want to thank Ron's Roost Restaurant and bar. It's clucking good on the good old West Side, thirty eight to fifty three Race Road at five three five seven four two two two.
Speaker 1: You know they're known for chicken if you know that, seg you know, but they're the hamburgers that they send up is what I eat. I only eat red meat once a week, and it's when Ron Russe shows up here.
Speaker 12: Pam brought up second. And you know what the special guest today was Oga herself. Oga brought it up correct and and Willie wasn't here for the first time ever.
Speaker 1: Well, I would be a poor substitute for will.
Speaker 2: He see you tube?
Speaker 3: Ken Brew.
Speaker 12: Let's see Bengals upday, brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in Northern Kentucky. Big game downtown tonight, ken Brew Pittsburgh four and one, since that he's looking to snap that losing streak of two and four and the cover coverage begins right after this at three o'clock.
Speaker 1: Say let me ask you this, yes, sir, how many Steeler fans you think will be there tonight? And will they outnumber Bengals fans. I think they'll be.
Speaker 12: There's usually like a fair amount of past Steeler fans at any game.
Speaker 1: No, I got a book here. I won't give his real name. Okay, I'm not going to do that, but let's for for this sake, let's call him Ralph. Okay, Ralph gets season tickets to the Bengals games, and he goes to every game except the Steeler game because he then puts those tickets on stub Hubb or whatever the hell it is and make hays for his entire rest of his season tickets. That's what I looked at. I saw him two days as you go all the game, I said, what'd you get for those tickets? And let's just put it this way, he could have bought two more season tickets for what he got. Here's somebody, here's some some Stullar, some Stullar fan from that'll be here. So pa that's coming in and paid Ralph, They'll be here, ken Brew. You know that because like just like the well, maybe the Browns fans might not be anymore, but they're showing up like the Cubs.
Speaker 12: Uh Bengal and Best Bengals coverage. Three o'clock RL Carriers pregame sports talk show presented by the Cincinnati Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers Live from the Holy Grail kickoff as at eight point fifteen, and then Austin Elmore will go late into the night with the tricet Ate Chevy Dealers postgame show presented by R and L Carriers up all night with Austin Elmore. Amen. No woman in the world has ever said that Red's update. Let's see Red's third base coach Jr. House, Yes, has been hired by the Arizona Diamondbacks are the same position. He's an Arizona native, so he's probably home six. So he wants to go home spend twenty nineteen and to twenty twenty five of the Reds. He was the last of the coaching staff on this current Reds group under David Bell. So Jr. House just wants to go back home and he got hired by the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what I mean that that happens. You know if somebody said said, list think if you were hired by a station in like Colorado and you were very successful there. Yeah, but then the phone call came from WLW and you said, I got to go home. I don't care how successful I am here. I got to go home. True, you would do it right. We don't begrudge people for doing that.
Speaker 12: Spencer Steer and Key Brian Hayes our finalist for the Baseball Gold Glove Awards. It's going to be announced November two.
Speaker 1: We don't keep up. Key Brian's not up for any offensive awards like the Silk Slugger.
Speaker 2: We know that's for sure.
Speaker 12: American League Championship Series Game three last night, Toronto belts out five homes, thirteen to four, round of the Mariners. Yeah, Seattle is still up to to one tonight at eight thirty. Game four. The NLCS resumes tonight in Los Angeles. Dodgers own a two zero lead against the Brew crew crew to to night six o'clock.
Speaker 1: They have not named a starting pitcher yet for tonight's games. Have not You're not going to say so. And Tyler Glasnell is on the mound for the Dodgers. Another tough one. Now, let's see college basketball, Ken Brew. Those Cincinnati Bearcats are going north.
Speaker 12: The exhibition play tomorrow right against the team up north in Michigan, Xavier and Murray State at the centas Center Saturday afternoon in exhibition play.
Speaker 1: For some reason, we're broadcasting that game at two o'clock. Do you do all that if that game is being being carried live here on WYLW.
Speaker 2: I did not know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most of these scrimmages are these exhibition games. They play for like a half, then they turn the clock off, then they work on individual drills. I think, I think Joe, I think the Show and Byron are going to have a lot of work to do on Saturday. It's not a typical back and forth game.
Speaker 12: Also, ken Brew, we want to say congratulations that you see Claremont. Their girls volleyball team is number one in the nation in the USCAA Division two volleyball pole. There you go, gratulations absolutely. Hockey tonight Columbus hosting Coloradombs Cyclones.
Speaker 1: They're not very good, are they?
Speaker 2: Either?
Speaker 1: One and two?
Speaker 12: Well it's Cyclones open their season Saturday night against Wheeling.
Speaker 1: Namely three guys on the Cyclones Justin Vive, Paul Lawless, no, he's retired, and Don Biggs.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I think Justin Vive is the only one I can remember. They turn the roster turns over a lot year to.
Speaker 12: Years, exactly new coach and everything fer Cyclones a new coach, and the Miami RedHawks ken Brew four and o in hockey four and oh look out they're gonna do. They're gonna be the Miami Dolphins of college hockey. Miami's gonna go fifty and oh in hote.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, that's great, Seg. That's good for them. What's the Ohio University hockey team doing? Can we get some coverage for them? Why not?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Right, I think they're on I think they're on the Project tonight, Seg. Let me just ask you a question, yes, sir, yeah, you're not. You don't live in Cincinnati. Do you know you live in a suburb. We're not going to give with a suburb, right, but you was if you had a choice, would you go to that game tonight? Would you venture into downtown Cincinnati and go to and where would you park?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 12: I don't know that that football. I don't know I would probably you.
Speaker 1: Know who's loving all this? Not loving it? But you know we're gonna make out from all this. Those guys down by pay Corse Stadium that charged like ninety dollars to park your car?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, well, I mean when we were at when we had the tailgate last year at Longworth, they were at charge on sixty. Yeah, and I'm sure it's probably seven it's probably I don't it's probably not the same this year. It's probably seventy dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, you could sit in the stands and just you could see your car. You just you know, you watch the game, you keep your eye on your car. Those guys are going to make out like bandits now a question for you, Ken Brew.
Speaker 12: Yes, the other night I'm watching w c E T forty eight and that show about King's King Records. Yes, excellent. You seen that, Yes, I have. It's excellent, unbelievable. I watched that. I learned stuff. Never even knew. I knew where it was in Cincinnati, but I had no idea about what all the stories behind it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, missed opportunity on the producers. They should have had more Bootsy Collins in there, you know what. I was waiting for that and it never came, you know. And then and they said that Cincinnati could have been as big as Sun Records in Memphis, absolutely and Motown in Detroit, and it would have worked out. You know that building that that place was in. It just deteriorated over time. I think they were udf ice cream truck. We're parking inside there at once. See there right right. You can see it as you're going north on. It's on your left hand side going north on seventy one. But it's sat there then, I don't know, maybe fifteen twenty years ago they put a plaque outside there. This was once King records, and that thing is rusting or whatever, so it I mean, it could have been. It could have been. It's like the airport could have been in Cincinnati. No, it's over in northern Kentucky. I mean all it could have been said. This could have been a major railway stop back in the day, but of course it isn't, and it wasn't.
Speaker 12: It could be, it could be.
Speaker 1: Well, that's why I say, we got to get our arms around our problems and celebrate our victories if we could, you know, I could use that if I ever ran for mayor get our arms around our problems and celebrate our victories. That's what we need to do.
Speaker 12: I'd be good on a T shirt. I'd get one.
Speaker 1: I'm a little late for the election cycle this year, but if it ever comes up again, I just might, I just might do I got a slogan already.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you got the looks. I mean you know, I mean you know you can be on TV and talk right.
Speaker 11: Now, I've had this feeling in my gud of like I'm holding Ohio in my arms and I'm like, single handedly like tak envirus.
Speaker 7: Stay out.
Speaker 1: Okay, that got as much chance as me, right, but I know, put you get our arms around our problems and celebrate our victories. It beats what the guy that runs this city has on his shirt, which is you can you can find me in Vancouver.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 12: As this kid wanted to see the boats or something.
Speaker 1: So they get us out of the Steoge Report because there are a lot of things that are percolating. I'm going to talk about Charlie Kirk and the Kennedy assassination and how they're intertwined. What do you hear this one?
Speaker 12: Okay, ken brew in honor of a beautiful day here in the Tri State and go Bengals who day against those Steelers tonight.
Speaker 1: Absolutely we leave you.
Speaker 12: With the immortal words of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for having me on.
Speaker 13: Guys, I've checked the Nielsen rating, and it's about time you had me back instead of them fattle out mouths you've had on the past couple of weeks. So have me back a little more because the people love the Wizard. You know what I'm saying, Because I'll see you guys later.
Speaker 12: Wow, you know that wizard. That wizard guy could have been as big as uh as Podreeve can't skipper ryle uncle Al and the cool goal.
Speaker 1: And to think we did all of that when recreational marijuana was not legal.
Speaker 12: Great writing though, should have won an award for that.
Speaker 1: Should have absolutely well show cratered after I left, as do most of the relationships I'm involved in. I'll see in an hour. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Two thousand dollars entered this nationwide keyword on our website.
Speaker 3: Credit that's credit.
Speaker 6: Enter it now.
Speaker 1: Two o nine news Radio seven hundred wl W Welcome back. I am ken Brew. Great to have you with us. Bengals pregame show in about an hour.
Speaker 11: So.
Speaker 1: A couple of days ago in the White House, there was a large gathering to watch the President of the United States, Donald Trump, had the Presidential Medal of Freedom award to the widow of Charlie Kirk. Charlie Kirk, of course gunned down in broad daylight about five weeks ago in Utah, and while the investigation continues into that case, they apprehended a suspect in the case about thirty five thirty six hours after the assassination. The actual process of gaining evidence and convicting the alleged suspect remains an ongoing process. There was also, in the course of history a lot of other times were people who have been taken out simply because their views don't align with the view of the guy with the gun, and invariably the guy with the gun always wins. There are parallels that can be drawn to other assassinations, not the least of which the assassination in nineteen hundred and sixty three of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy. And for decades my next guest has been doing research into the JFK assassination and also now here recently, Howard parallels in a lot of ways the assassination of Charlie Kirk. He is doctor David Mantik. He is a medical physicist and radiation oncologist, and has just released a book. JFKY was killed by consensus, Dealey Plaza was just the final stop. Doctor David Mantick joins us right here and right now in Doctor Mantick, how are you on this glorious Thursday.
Speaker 5: Well, we're enjoying the beach in Klestad, California under Cleibler Sky, so it's paradise.
Speaker 1: Well, we have clear blue skies here in Cincinnati and our beach is the Ohio River. So take that as it may be. But it's great to have you. Have you join us. Okay, let's just talk about what you have found as you have dug into the Kennedy assassination, and then maybe we can draw a parallel to what has happened with Charlie Kirk. I was old enough to remember the Kennedy assassination. I was about eleven years old when he was murdered in Dallas. Obviously the country was in great shock. It was not that long after another great president that was revered in this country, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, died by natural causes. But nevertheless there was a traumatic time. And I'm as you've delved into the research, and we know what the Warren Commission has said, and we know what the Church Commission said back in the seventies, and we know all of these new documents that have just been released on the order of President Trump.
Speaker 6: What have you.
Speaker 1: Found in your research that runs concurrent to what we know or we think we know about the JFK assassination.
Speaker 5: Well, the one word that stands out is transparency. We never really have a transparency in the assassination of JFK. And that's a clear problem here with Charlie Kirk too. There's no release of the Autosi report. For example, we're x rays taken. The x rays, of course, would be helpful to show exactly where the bullet was and what caliber it was. What about facial recognition of Tyler Robinson the suspect, and facial recognition actually identify him. And what about the ballistics that supposedly might connect the bullets found by the surgeon to the weapons found in the wooded area? Where's that report? Why can't we see that? Is it going to come out in the trial? Is the Putt trial going to be public? How much transparency will we see?
Speaker 1: Well, let me just put the pause button here. It's been five weeks. Should we or should they? The FBI should know if bullet match is gun. There's no question about that at this point. But why would we expect to hear that kind of information in a process that is still underway to from the government standpoint, get a conviction on this guy might be jumping the gun a little bit.
Speaker 5: Though I'm not blaming anyone for hiding anything at this point. I'm basically suggesting to the audience that keep these questions in mind as we follow this case. These facts should eventually emerge, and one would expect eventually that they would become public. Perhaps it is too early now, so I'm not complaining too much about this flight delay, But in the long run, those are the big questions to.
Speaker 1: The Kennedy assassination. We were told from Jump it was Lee Harvey Oswald. There was a story that he was in Russia, came back from Russia, that there was Cuban involvement. New Orleans was a big player in the conspiracy. There was a mafia boss from Tampa that might have also come into play. Then we heard, well, the CIA may be involved. And there are a number of stories that were concocted in and around his assassination, some of which are still with what the government is running with. Even here now, sixty years after it happened. I'm I'm wondering what did you find in your research or what did you find that might be a red flag as to what we have been told all these many years.
Speaker 5: Well, if you go to week A TDA today and look at I suppose assassin them the JSK case Lee Harvey Oswald, you will see quite clearly that it says Lee Harvey Oswald assassinated to Okay playing and bimple dies. That surprise you?
Speaker 1: No, no, it's quite amazing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, get suck about sixty two years later.
Speaker 1: Why, I'm sorry, go ahead, I'm sorry to go ahead.
Speaker 5: Radiation oncologists. I knew that examination of the X rays at the archives might prove very useful. In particular, on the frontal X ray of JFK Skull, there is a six point five milimeter nearly round object that appears to be a cross section of a bullet. Unfortunately, the pathologists that the autopsy did not report this, and they claimed they did not see it. So I was curious about what this really was for. It turns out, after hundreds of measurements that I made directly on those existing X rays at the Archives, that it's a face. It was put on the X ray film within a week or sough of the exascinations, and it was not there. The pathologists were right. It was added later and I was able to show in the dark room exactly how to do that. That's a I'll discussed and illustrated in my books. So I knew that that was a smoking gun. That object kick Quest not never there in the metal that SUP partly represented, was never in the archives. It is not there today. It's never done there.
Speaker 1: The autopsy was done, if I'm not mistaken, and please correct me if I'm wrong, was done at the Bethesda Naval Hospital in Washington, d C. There was a great amount of consternation as to why, as to not just why, but whether his body should be moved out of Dallas. The Dallas authorities said, it was a murder, it happened to our town, in our town, We're not moving this body. The Secret Service had other ideas. They got the body on Air Force one. They brought it back to d C. It went to the Bethesda Naval Hospital for autopsy, and from what I have read, uh that was a crowded room. It was a doctor that was performing the autopsy. But there were many secret service and other government of some say CIA officials that were inside the actual autopsy room running roughshot over the guy that was doing the autopsy. The guy that did the autopsy looked like he was confident but was under tremendous stress by these other people who were in the room. Is that true, number one? And do you think that has anything to do with what you have discovered?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a fair summary of what happened. He was just at the twenty year March for being in the Navy until his whole feature was hanging in the balance on whether or not he followed military directions that night, so he really had no choice. He had to do exactly what they told him to do. For example, James Jenkins, who was there at the autopsy all night long, and his stud who still lives and who I have interacted with many times, reports that there was a bullet entry rooms in the right temple and when he and the assistant the pathologists were going to explore it, they were immediately told to stop by doctor he was the chief thethologist. After he was called over by one of the high ranking military people and he was told just to ignore that so they did not have any freedom to exercise their professional skill for that.
Speaker 1: This is sixty years. As I said, down the road there was there was, I think a philosophy that is true, bearing I don't have any information of this. I think the government was trying to keep the American public from turning into some sort of chaotic group that you know, if they had found out the quote unquote real story, we couldn't handle it as an American people. But here we are, sixty years down the road. We've had the Warrant Commission, which you know, truthfully just seemed like an endorsement of the lone gunman and basically a rubber stamp of what the government wanted to say. The man that shot Kennedy, the alleged loan assassin, he was murdered two days later. We had the Church Commission. As I recall, back in the seventies, Frank Church, a US congressman, headed a commission that said that there probably was another gunman. And yet that kind of got you buried in more government speak. And then these other documents that came out in the last couple of years seemed to have no real relevance to what the whole investigation was about. My point being is we've been running with the same story for sixty years. And if the government's intention was to keep this information from us because we would turn into a nation of complete chaos, well, most of us that were around in nineteen sixty three, unfortunately, are dead or are marching towards it. What are they protecting us from now? Why? You know, when Trump says I'm going to release the files and we're going to get all these out, well, if the files are the same basically as what we saw or were led to believe sixty years ago, why are they still Why are they still running the same game?
Speaker 5: Well, I think the intelligence community has a lot of good reasons to hide this stuff because they're so embarrassed by what it would show. And we've just not too long ago, had a wonderful relief that demonstrates this.
Speaker 14: When the House Select Committee in the seventies was reinvestigating this case, one of the liaisons between the CIA and the House was George Gianides. Well, the House committee did not know that Jianides was one of the prime conspirators working with the anti Castro Cubans in nineteen sixty three, and so that document has only recently been released and as a result of his he's so.
Speaker 5: Called excellent works Unity was awarded a medal by the CIA because he kept this information from the house.
Speaker 1: My gosh, JFK. JFK was killed by consensus. Deally pleasant was just the final stop. It's authored by our guests, doctor David Mantike. He has written other books on this as well. We talked about the Charlie Kirk assassination. How our antenna has to be up on exactly who this person was that killed him. Was he motivated or financed or in some way, shape or form co op by other people. You know, they're but the grace of God by about a quarter of an inch, Donald Trump would have been murdered in July of twenty twenty four, and yet we know nothing about the guy that shot him. They cleaned that place up like it was some maid service that was on deadline. The body gone, the blood gone, and it wasn't you know, it wasn't a cleaning crew that did it. It was the federal government that did it. So here we go. It could have been the same damn thing all over again.
Speaker 5: Right. Yes, a lot of secrets are still getting held there.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, doctor, what is the what is the what are the chances that will ever be told the real story? Because there have been books written about the conspiracy of JFK. And you know what the works are, and you know who the authors are. They started coming out within a year of his assassination. But what do you think the chances are of the government ever coming clean on this and it happening in your lifetime?
Speaker 5: No, they won't. But we can learn this without them. That's what my book is about. The now. How the list of real names, the real people of the public, names that a lot of people were recognized, what Melts and Rockefeller, people who knew what was going to happen. Twelve will be to serve under MacArthur in the Pacific. Hl Hunt, These are all prominent names that you know are on the list of people who sponsored the execution I call it. And hl Hunt had sixty times as much money as the Kennedys, so he could have hundred many such executions if he had wanted to.
Speaker 1: Astounding doctor Mantek, interesting things and how these two assassinations paralleled each other, And no, I never bought the Lee Harvey Oswald explanation. He might have been. He might have been at best of Patsy. I never bought that for a second. And we'll never know, unfortunately, unless people like you continue to do work. But you've got to have information to do this kind of work, and it is guarded secrets. And I just don't understand why the government just doesn't come clean. You know, there's there's empowerment doctor, Really, when you admit something as opposed to trying to keep covering it up, covering it up, whether it's whether it's a government or in your personal life, there's empowerment in that. And I don't think the people in Washington have figured that part out. Good luck on your future work, Good luck with this book, doctor, Thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 5: Oh it's been a pleasure. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There he is, doctor David Mantick. And again his book is JFK was killed by consensus. Deally Plaza was just the final stop and he names names. It's coming up on two twenty five. It is the average American in for the Great American News Radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 6: And that's how it should be. And so that'd being said, I'll shut up and open it up with questions.
Speaker 1: Hello, bye, I'm broadcasting. Mike tom is back in town. That's right, Mike Tomlin's back in town. That is correct. You know what he told us this week? You know what he told us.
Speaker 6: I would imagine there'll be a certain level of excitement.
Speaker 9: Man, those guys having Joe Flacco in a home venue on a Thursday night.
Speaker 6: It's some primetime ball.
Speaker 1: Primetime ball.
Speaker 9: We covered that as well. Yes, we love going into hostile environments. We love the visual play.
Speaker 1: We covered that.
Speaker 9: I certainly love and respect and appreciate being a component of primetime football.
Speaker 1: You want to be a component of something. What are you a component of? Seg What would you say if someone said to you, I'm a component of and you would say hard media.
Speaker 6: That's what it is.
Speaker 1: You're a component of of that. I think so well, you've been there a long time. They give you a lot of swag to wear, you know, they give his shirts. I've never gotten anything, you know, for my time here, like a shirt or anything, a bug, nothing. It's like to show up and fill in is what it is.
Speaker 12: That's right.
Speaker 3: Come like it.
Speaker 1: Come down that fire pole from the seventh floor where I bunk. We bunk up there me and Sterling and Gary Jeff on the roof. Yeah, we got a little we got a little bachelor pad up there.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And then when somebody calls in sick or you know, sloan has to have sloan has to rehab a bathroom or something, they just bring it up there and I come right down the pool. I'll fill in.
Speaker 2: Look at how about it?
Speaker 12: You know that that's I gotta find that place. I haven't I come up and visit you.
Speaker 1: Well, I would suggest so you and Gary Jeff and Sterling, right, come on the thirtieth. The Hawkens Steve Hawkins is up there. Come on the thirtieth of every month because the place is cleaned on the twenty ninth. It's once a month. Boy, we have someone to come in and clean it. It's a little crunchy up there right now. But you know, come up like that right before Halloween. We'll have you up there for.
Speaker 12: Like, like you guys got to give out that candy. We're giving out candy. We are you know, we're throwing off the roof right, We're giving out mounds.
Speaker 1: We're giving out mounds. Bar Yeah, are good, right, but come up there because it gets lonely up there. Gary Jeff likes to read. Yeah yeah, at Hawkins. You know he's he's you know, he's back to being coherent.
Speaker 12: He's up there. You know, he likes that he's got a telescope that he looks at.
Speaker 1: The absolute now Stirling. I mean, he's like got a corner of the room where he sits with his legs crossed, and you know there's like incense, Yeah, incense is going up and he chances I'm one with the universe. I'm one with the universe. But other than that, it's a very nice place he should come up.
Speaker 12: So okay, I will ken Brewthie stood reporters the proud service of your local Tame Star Heating and air conditioning dealers. Tames Star quality could feel in Northern Kentucky any weather heating at air at eight five, nine, seven, eight, one, forty eight twenty two spots.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Roxy, Thank yeah Amen.
Speaker 12: Pittsburgh four and one Bengals look to snap that four game losing streak tonight at two and four. They meet tonight at pay Course Stadium, right there along the Big River Mountain.
Speaker 6: I get him the collection of men in the depth of that talentngles up.
Speaker 12: They brought you by Good Spirits and Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in Northern Kentucky. Coverage begins at low after three oh five.
Speaker 1: Now, who's that guy saying Bengals.
Speaker 12: That's Alan Cutler. Oh wow, the longtime former UH co host of the Bengals radio network.
Speaker 1: Somebody told me he wrote a book.
Speaker 2: Yeah he did.
Speaker 1: Did you read it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 12: I haven't No, No, he wrote it with the UH. You know when he and Hood he chase the football. The basketball coach at one day made face. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think it's something with I don't forget what the name.
Speaker 1: Of the book is.
Speaker 6: This is tough, this hurt. Yeah.
Speaker 12: Bengals Bengals Best Bengals Coverage three o'clock Ornell Carriers pregame sports talk show Bengals. We got them all, presented by the Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky Toyota Dealers.
Speaker 1: Bengal fans, all the people that have come through this around it get to a show just by name and names, we could dig up some bones.
Speaker 12: Live from the Depressing, Live from the Holy Grail tonight at seven seven outd of WLW. Kickoff is at eight point fifteen and then Austin Elmore after the game, roll into the night with the Tri State Chevy Dealers post game show resented by Arnel carriers. And hopefully, I tell you, I hope he I hope they win.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be a long night.
Speaker 1: What happens to him if they lose this or something?
Speaker 11: That?
Speaker 5: Nothing?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's being the same old thing, all right.
Speaker 12: Maybe you take updates on the crime and downtown after the game or something. Well, you know, phone in, you know, he'll take phone calls on that NLCS of rezumes. Tonight in Los Angeles, Dodgers up two oh and we're against the brew Crew at six. Then the Mariners and the Blue Jays go at it in Seattle, game for the Alcs and eight thirty with the Mariners.
Speaker 2: Up to oh or two one.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, hey, seg I got a question for you, Yes, sir, what were you doing? What were you doing? Forty nine years ago today? Forty nine years ago today, Stevie Wonder. Stevie Wonder released the album Songs in the Key of Life. It went to number one on the US album charts and spawned a number of hits. I wish, Isn't She lovely and of course hit it, sir, Duke.
Speaker 6: Music days a Robert than itself.
Speaker 2: The language be all unders.
Speaker 1: It's called hitting the post. You know that, though I know I'm Casey case and keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.
Speaker 12: Let's see Houston has been picked to when the.
Speaker 1: Piece TENO say's I know, I know, not Stevie Wonder, but Casey Casey.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, Houston picked the wind is the favorite to win the Big twelve men's basketball in the preseason poll. B Yu a second, Texas Tech third, Yeah, Wes Miller, Cincinnati bear Cats eighth.
Speaker 1: They got some dude that's seven. Is he seven foot nine or something like that?
Speaker 12: Yeah, something, But they got their other big man at six eight. The Hayes is out for a while. Well, that lower body injury, but oh they had one of those.
Speaker 1: I had one of those. Said, I got a lower body injury many years ago. It's not pleasant.
Speaker 12: I think I've had one since I've been born. Well, it's it's better than a middle body injury. I can tell you that I got one of those too. Also, ken Brew, we say Congress, good luck, good luck to Zach Russ, nineteen year old out of Fort Thomas. He balances his life and is aspiring MMA fighter and a certified nursing assistant.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, he's a nurse and he beats people up.
Speaker 12: Well, he's gonna Russ is going to make his professional MMA the debut what Saturday at the Mega Corp Pavilion in Newport.
Speaker 1: No kidding, I mean I did not know this. Yep, he's thought you were a kidding there. He's a nurse that he's an MMA fighter.
Speaker 12: He was inspired by the a UFC during the pandemic. He began this combat sports journey by joining his high school wrestling team. Oh okay, that's great. He's going to make his debut in Newport on the Saturday. Good luck to Fort Thomas. Beautiful, great town North.
Speaker 6: I love.
Speaker 1: I like Fort Thomas.
Speaker 12: Good luck to him.
Speaker 11: I like that. Sey.
Speaker 2: What else do we have here today? That's all we got, ken Brew? I think that's it.
Speaker 1: What's going to happen tonight in the stadium. Give me a winner, give me a score.
Speaker 12: I think the Bengals win tonight, ken Brew, you think they win? Yes, thirty to twenty one.
Speaker 1: So you're looking for a lot of points tonight, Yes, thirty to twenty one. Tonight they beat the Steelers.
Speaker 12: Or it could be seven to three, could be they lose. Right, Yeah, they're doing for a win win Amen. And you know what, ken Brew, The key of to me is they got to come out fast. They got to play like they have in the past couple of games. They played big time in the second half. They got to move that to the first half. You got what they gotta do.
Speaker 1: You gotta get down there and tell him that because I don't think they're getting I don't think Zach Taylor is getting through.
Speaker 12: Whatever he's telling them is, don't defer the kickoff, take the ball.
Speaker 1: Get the points.
Speaker 12: Spingo.
Speaker 1: I want to see what the other team does before I get the ball. He just cares what the other team does. You got the ball, you do something.
Speaker 12: Well, you saw where money Mack had a sixty seven yard or the other day he could kick it from he could kick it from from Norwood and make the field goal.
Speaker 1: He had a sixty seven yard but it didn't didn't count because he run around here, say he had a sixty sei yet, well it didn't get next and.
Speaker 12: Then at the crossbar and went in instead of if he would have done that, he probably would have bounced out.
Speaker 1: And what happened the next time he tried, like like two seconds later. The guy always ran it back for a touchdown.
Speaker 12: I'll love i'llah the what the Auburn game years ago, few years ago with Alabama or something.
Speaker 1: So I don't care what people do when it doesn't count. I care about what people do when it counts. Okay, all right, see what I'm saying here.
Speaker 2: I got you.
Speaker 1: Well, it makes no difference what you say in the practice booth there at wyl W. It's what you do when you're sitting in here with us. One point. The world is full of what might have been. You want to be the guy who is the guy that makes it happen.
Speaker 3: I'll see.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. Another thing for my T shirt too, When it's going to be a million seller, it could be under you know, well, you know what, I'll just give it. Who's the guy, the the comedian with the sincy shirt store. I'll give it a hemy Jos Josh Need. Yeah, you give him a slogan and a picture logo and a picture he'll he'll sell it for like thirty dollars and go.
Speaker 12: You know, you get half of it put my little on there, royalty, just.
Speaker 1: My little face on there. Just you know, it's what you do now is what matters.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 1: You go say, get us out of the Stewoge report because apparently we have to be out early. There's something called a whoopsie who day. And then after that it's it's the boys from the grail.
Speaker 12: Ken brew it unter of hood, a nation and a victory. Hopefully tonight we leave you with the immortal words of the stew Dripple. Yeah that's Tom Tinkle.
Speaker 15: My dentist thinks that that really is somebody with bad gas what he does on time right either Yeah, there's some guy that.
Speaker 16: Can do that onto it might be I don't know. Yeah, win the game for since him, naddie, Yeah, play it he does. It's an elephant all the things, the elephant with bad gas.
Speaker 17: Excuse me, and if you've ever been around an elephant with bad gas, you don't want.
Speaker 12: To be or that that again, he's that can smell it from the zoo from here it is, I'm just telling you our rhino.
Speaker 1: Do they still play this at the games?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, good, good good.
Speaker 17: Andrew Whitworth at the Ruler of the Jungle tonight Andrew Woodworth, you know else's in town fixing Ryan Fitzpatrick fitzi fitzy Ryan Fitzpatrick or is it Patrick fitz Ryan?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Is Ryan Fitzpatrick. When he's at the game tonight, what if.
Speaker 12: It'll rip his shirt off after the post game show on TV.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: I remember when when he was here, it looked like he he actually made games exciting in a season that he was not very exciting.
Speaker 6: I mean, that dude put it up.
Speaker 2: Amen to them, you got Nember, what's going to happen next?
Speaker 1: But he just made it exciting. And they and they and you know what, they still haven't replaced Whitworth.
Speaker 12: He may he make me if he didn't like the first half, he may suit up the second half.
Speaker 1: We gotta go because we got Whoopsie who Day and then we got we got the boys from the Grails, So we can't. We can't dawdle here, you know what I mean? I got you, thank you, yes, Sir can Bruce. Later he is seg walking out the door. That'll do it for me. I don't know when will he's back, but I know I'm not filling in for him tomorrow, and the rest of the stuff is mere. Details on seven h Great wyl w