Speaker 1: Morning, lady and gentlemen, and welcome to video Message number twenty nine. Listen Beaverville, Come on in. I woke up yesterday morning with us free of us to start later, please, I could never know what the day with us Florida.
Speaker 2: Listen up.
Speaker 1: The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one.
Speaker 2: We just grabbed every key demogram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, super duper. That's nice. Light a goo Nito gay. Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the twenty seventh day of October twenty twenty five. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to the part of Morning Show. Hi, my name is Chris Hockey. Here we are on a Monday morning. A lot of stories from this weekend and a lot of football to talk with Ben Leber and Mike Musslin and a cast of thousands. So shall we just get it started? I think we should. It's Halloween week. Here's Jim Gaffigan talk about Halloween. Come on in, Welcome to the Partrip Morning Show. I am glad you're here.
Speaker 1: My kids, I don't know what they think.
Speaker 4: I don't even think my kids know what I do for a liver all or I should say I didn't think they knew what I did for a living till Halloween. My ten year old Michael didn't know what he wanted to be for Halloween, which is a crisis.
Speaker 5: If you're a parent, you know this. And then like two days before Halloween, he ran up to me and he goes, I know what I'm gonna be for Halloween. I'm gonna be a stand up comedian. And I was so touched. I was like, oh my gosh, for Halloween, you want to be your dad? And he goes, no, I want to be John Mullaney.
Speaker 6: The fer side, sweetest feet is on your side. You here the fist and thunders strain to take Halloween. Wa the power to a morning show.
Speaker 7: It's Monday, Actuber twenty seven, Don Corey Kobe, That's Chris Hockey, that's.
Speaker 2: Meet Sauce, Paul Lane. But we're back in the Twin Cities.
Speaker 7: No more traveling, no more Vegas our way?
Speaker 2: Did you guys do Vegas your way?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I did it my way like Sinatras, you did it your way?
Speaker 1: Chris, you did it your way.
Speaker 8: I would say I did, yes.
Speaker 3: I would say I would say so.
Speaker 7: I would say taking a bath with Sauce and Zach and Spencer right behind you is pretty much doing Vegas your way.
Speaker 3: That wasn't the I need to speak with my lawyer. I guess this is what I'm what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 7: Yeah, how did that situation unfold? Because it was all over social media? You were in the bathtub and there were three grown men behind you waving yeah.
Speaker 3: So I had one of those moments where I'm like, if I don't get out of this casino, I'm not going to have a home to go to. So I said, you know what, here's the thing. Let's just go upstairs, get all naked, crawl in the bathtub, listen to some tunes, maybe chill. So that's what I did. I trapes my ass to the elevator. Eh, trapes did into the elevator and up the stairs, down the hallway into our beautiful suite, went into uh thank you Dave windjam I'm playing Hollywood the Best, went into my uh my area of the room, and and you know, it's a it's a giant suite, and uh Spencer was was staying in the room with me, but he had a couch, you know, and uh he had his own bathroom. And then Saucy had his home room attached to our suite, you know, but there was behind the locked door, but the bathtub because you know, the six had a sliding door, a sliding door, and the sliding door opened. Uh, I guess for sex so that you can see the you know, the windows in the strip in case you wanted to have sex and look at the.
Speaker 7: World with a view, right, yeah, right, be an exhibition is in case somebody across the street and a different casino wants to look in at you getting it.
Speaker 3: Well, people like uh sex, And so I crawled in the bathtub with sex on my mind.
Speaker 2: Not a bad life, not.
Speaker 3: A bad life.
Speaker 1: PG is right.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about. That's exactly right. Wow, Okay, I got that right, Tony Romo, that's exactly right. But I got that right. Whatever your name is, that's Jim Nance one more time.
Speaker 1: That's right by.
Speaker 3: That's what I was thinking about. But I have my eyes closed, and I had you know, I had some music going in my jams. The guys listened to the tones naked as a as a day is Long.
Speaker 1: The deaf Tones are the Mighty Mighty Boss Tones.
Speaker 3: The combination of the two The Mighty Mighty Deaf Tones jeez, that's a great band, a lot of horns. And you know how like when your eyes are closed, if the light changes, your skin's only so thick the light changes. You can notice that even though your eyes are closed. Sure, listening to the mighty mighty deaf tones and you're feeling the water on your nether's.
Speaker 7: So this this music was loud enough for people in the other room to know you were in there, right, Well, I had my headphones, so you were sitting in silence, silence, and the light the light.
Speaker 3: Begins to change. Well, I didn't think that. Plus, it's you know, it's Friday night at this point, like seven forty five in the in the evening, I didn't think. I mean, these guys are out party, hammering it right, doing a little bit of the toush or whatever he said.
Speaker 2: Push.
Speaker 3: So as the light begins to change behind my eyeball lids, I look up and I see the sliding door and then looking in as if he were Jack Nicholson, only the size of a Thanksgiving Dave Bray float down. This head comes peeking in and there I am with my wiener. It's just me. There's no bubbles, Corey, It's just me in hot water making my own soup, and you.
Speaker 7: Didn't think sauce for a second. Oops, I should shut this door. Chris is in there. You knew he was in there. Yeah, why open it? Then it's a bathroom slash bathtub? Yeah, why open the door without going? Hey, what are you doing in there?
Speaker 3: And there's there's my ding dome.
Speaker 1: I was zero point forty.
Speaker 3: You really were?
Speaker 1: I was hammered.
Speaker 3: You were collaborate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was hammered, but I was having a great time, certainly hockey. I went and played team slots. It was like Yoda and Luke.
Speaker 3: Skywalker, and I was doing great till then and he pointed this machine out.
Speaker 1: I want some cash.
Speaker 3: You want to get amount of cash?
Speaker 1: Following him around and then I kept thinking he was pulling a hockey on me, and I couldn't find him, so I went and got a sandwich.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he pulled hockey on me because he thought I was pulling hockey on hounds.
Speaker 1: And then I went back, and then I went back and pulled my own hockey and he walked in on you. Hey, he said, uh, I'm gonna go back. I'll go all right, cool. I don't know where I wandered to, I don't know where you are, and then all of a sudden, Zach's I can't I'm gonna go up and hang out in the suite. I'm like, all right, I'll let you in. Well, Zach had gotten into the room and I wander in and I go, what's that noise? And it was the music and I go, where's Hawk and like he's in the tub.
Speaker 7: And me, like a big idiot, I just also they even said he's in the tub, and it was like, well, then I got to see I gotta see this. That's ridiculous. That's all on you. Then yeah, d was on me. And then there he was just sitting in the tub with my wiener. Yeah, his wiener, all of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like all right, and then I don't know what happened after that.
Speaker 3: I wandered on, I've got it on video if you'd like, no, thank you, no thank you, Because they wouldn't leave Cork.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't leave.
Speaker 7: And did you notice the downfall of having the downside of having a shared suite?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Not worth it.
Speaker 3: Well, everything else is perfect, the room.
Speaker 7: Is awesome, that view is spectacular and onto space, but then you sometimes have random men just open the door and go hell yeah, yeah, giant head and all oh yeah, well unsauce, yeah, well.
Speaker 3: And uh the other two would have been you know, I think they would have shut the door and kept on moving their lives. But not him.
Speaker 1: No, no, hey, hey, come on, come on, let's.
Speaker 2: Go back downstairs. So yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know, with you.
Speaker 3: And then I finally had to do this. I finally had to say, I'm going to take a picture. If you guys don't let me alone, Well no you did not, because I took the picture.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I had to finally go, you know what, give me a minute, let me get out of my soup here and I'll beat you guys down there. And they finally, they finally got out dispersed, and I I, uh, I got up quickly and towled myself off, locked every door I could find the lock, and I was in bed and asleep by eight thirty. I slept for the thirteen hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, incredible.
Speaker 3: It was the greatest sleep of all time. I'm uh, I'm that guy. I'm the guy who goes to Vegas and is a sleep on Friday night at eight thirty Vegas your way. Yeah, that's how I did. That was my way, which is totally fine. And I hate to do this. Gosh, I hate to do this. I can't stand it. I hate it that I have to do this. I hate it. Oh God, I hate this. I'm sorry, Sauce. I hate to do this. What what'd you think of a dog?
Speaker 1: It was nice, thank you? Yeah, it was a nice schlan. You're point four. I was talking about Sauce is about alcohol level. Oh wow, that poorer. Oh it was nice.
Speaker 2: Thank god.
Speaker 3: The water was real hot. Yeah, I mean plus, you know I was talking dirty to myself.
Speaker 1: It was having a good time. I don't know, I was drunk. I was wandering around doing Vegas my way.
Speaker 7: Can we go back like seven minutes. You use the word traps and there I'm not that word. They used some words that shouldn't have aired on national television. Trapes though, I don't think I've ever seen that word in print. I don't even know how to spell it. Yeah, that's a great point.
Speaker 3: It's t R A P S E.
Speaker 1: That's that's what I wrote down. That's what I guess.
Speaker 7: That's right, But I don't think I've ever seen that in print. Now again, I'm not what you would call a reader, right, unless it's a George.
Speaker 2: I don't think you've ever seen that word?
Speaker 3: Well, I said, thousands, I saw, I saw it in action.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was around he was.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've ever seen anybody whose eyes were technically open, whose eyes were as closed as Zax were.
Speaker 1: My god, he was.
Speaker 3: So high that we had to pull amends to the sixteenth floor.
Speaker 1: So somebody. So my wife text being goes, why is the Uber driver in the picture with you guys?
Speaker 2: He really thoughts.
Speaker 1: At that point, party's with you all again? Texted me on Friday, and of course I was rocked, and I'm like, yeah, I don't remember what I wrote. And then the next say she goes, hey' is the Uber driver so with you? And I go, wait, you mean Spencer? He we know him? She thought Hawk got an Uber from La and then invited the guy to hang out with us.
Speaker 3: Hey, come on in.
Speaker 1: Look, Yeah, I gotta I have a spare bed, I gotta sweep.
Speaker 7: Just don't slide the door open when I'm taking a bath.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen to the tones.
Speaker 7: One of my favorite bits of the Weekend of Vegas Your Way was Sauce was losing a bunch of money. Yeah, and then he slams one for a good chunk of change.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And he texted me and he's like, man, I just couldn't stop. I was losing it all and then I hit this and I go, you have a problem, and he goes, not anymore.
Speaker 2: Right, that's the beauty of gambling, goes you have a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, I gave him that talking time. Didn't do it as you were avoiding me to go to different machine. Didn't do it, man, damn been good. Yeah, I don't know, man, I'll tell you what though. First of all, thank you Spencer, my Uber driver. Great dude, yep, we all get to hang with them a little bit more than we ever had. And yeah, it was pretty and I had a good talk and uh and he drove me all the way. That was cool.
Speaker 2: And Zach back to LA and then Uber Zach go back to LA.
Speaker 3: That's why Zacho's not with us this morning.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 3: Zacho is he went to a concert.
Speaker 7: HEAs had twenty one pilots last night. So getting Spencer kind of was an Uber driving. It wasn't one way Zach the other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty cool, So thank you, and then thanks to the I'm believable amount of listeners. Yeah, who did Vegas their way with us? I still can't believe it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we kind of weren't sure this was gonna work. We had pretty low expectations. We just told people to meet us there. But the crowd was awesome. Tom's watch bar was packed for the watch party Thursday. The show on Friday, uh not maybe as much on Saturday. And also that Gopher game was so bad the watch party had cleared out me basically by halftime, including most of us, were like, this game is ridiculous. That's just I'm not wasting the rest of my day in Vegas watching this trash. Yeah, but in general, it was so much fun. It's great and everybody was awesome. The crowds were great. Ben Mallard super nice dude, Great dude, love Ben mallar and Ben was like, God, this crowd's legit.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, I don't know. We got some freaks, but they're all nice people. It was.
Speaker 7: It was super fun, super fun. Shout out to John Poliska, to Nick Madden. Yeah, Nick's dad, who was a plus. Nick's dad is a good Yeah, great dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was very nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're about the same age that depressed as the hell.
Speaker 1: That was fun though. That was a really fun trip.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, everybody was so cool. We had the best time out, really enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: Did a lot of walking. Oh man, you have no not as much as you guys. But at one point on Friday night, I went down in the sportsbook to watch the game with Bonus, the Wolves game.
Speaker 3: By the way.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah. And then I just decided I'm gonna go to the Paris in Camp. So I wandered over there. Then I wandered over there, and then I wandered back to Cosmo and then I said to myself, you know what, I need pizza, And then I got pizza and then went back to the ruminated alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: And I, by the way, I spent it Saturday evening right before I left earning our room by singing for Dave Wins' birthday party. I sang six different songs.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got up and I spent a lot of time singing with the band. Yeah it was fun.
Speaker 1: Geez.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's cool man, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Thanks for coaxing me out of bed to come come down there.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, no, I am well all I had to do was offer to show him the dying again.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I ran down last thing since it's a similar, kind of similar way you said is about sleeping for thirteen hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Friday night, I don't know what time do we get food? Sauce? Like five? We less? Maybe less?
Speaker 3: He ain't kidding, by the way, sauce was a nine. He has no idea.
Speaker 1: I won four grand and I got real weird.
Speaker 7: Yes, so we all ate. Maybe it was even earlier. It might have been like four or four thirty, and we all kind of dispersed, and I'm like, my phone's got fourteen percent. I'm like, I'm gonna go back to my room, charge my phone, kick my feet up for a little bit. And Zach and I were walking out of your suite separately, going separate directions. Ok, he wasn't coming back to my room. Yeah, And I was like, I was like, yeah, I'll charge my phone and I'll text you guys in a little bit.
Speaker 1: And I even joked with him, I go the beauty this is I go. I'm tired.
Speaker 3: I go.
Speaker 7: If I fall asleep, who cares, I'll wake up in two or three hours. And rally, I think I woke up about ten thirty, and I'm like, oh, I'm going Yeah. I fell asleep for like four or five hours. Yeah, didn't try to. And then I'm like, well, I'm going back to bed. Well that's awesome. But then I woke up at two thirty, wide awake and worked for like three hours.
Speaker 1: You worked. Oh yeah, I couldn't go back to bed.
Speaker 2: I was wide awake.
Speaker 7: I think Comedy Central was still running like a South Park marathon, which they do all the time, and I was like, oh yeah, By the way, that was also what I said to Zach and Sauce. You know, you spend way too much time in Las Vegas, Nevada. When I didn't have to use the guide, I hit channel twenty eight because I knew that was Comedy Central.
Speaker 1: Saying what I'm saying same that did the exact same thing.
Speaker 7: I know twenty two is ESPN and twenty eight is Comedy Central because I live therefoot four times a year for four to five days at a time, CALLI MA and especially during the World Series of Poker, when I'm not playing cards, a lot of time I'm in my room work and I'm trying to be productive. So that's a lot of office Parks and rec South Park Daily Show.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of Comedy Central.
Speaker 7: That's Channel twenty eight in your room when you don't want to watch Mario Lopez.
Speaker 1: Yep, I rolled over Saturday morning. Didn't know what the hell was happening. Kiss on my check Yeah yeah, kissed hawks that we should bathe you're still in the tubs. Turned the TV on twenty two. I heard College Game Day and I just laid there and watched it. Yeah you did.
Speaker 7: It was outstanding. My god, there's only one thing I hate about Vegas. There's one thing it doesn't have. Oh gutter helmet from gunnerhelmet MN dot com. I didn't know where you were going with that gutterhelmet MN dot com. Never clean your gutters again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, never clean those gutters.
Speaker 1: Well that was great, Yeah, that was funas was fun man.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I flew back overnight Saturday night into Sunday morning. When did you guys come back?
Speaker 7: We had the the six am flight yesterday morning, so that was perfect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, perfect. Yeah. I got landed about eleven something.
Speaker 3: Are you able to sleep it all Saturday night if you have to get up that early?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I had a hard time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd be worried about it.
Speaker 7: Kiddo had a gymnastics meet, so I got right off the plane, got over there quickly. It was like perfect time and it was awesome. I have three alarms sets, so we didn't miss it. Yeah, I mean at three eleven.
Speaker 1: Yep, it was fun. Yeah, good times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I guess I'm thank you for everybody. Let's do it again. Yeah in about a year, though, I'm onne need to build up some funds. I might need to be showing my wang for a living here pretty quickly.
Speaker 7: Again, we have to find a way to get the entire show. We need a labor We need Marnie, we need Musk, we need.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine what we've been like?
Speaker 7: I said, this show not the Juggalo Man, more of the Powers, that morning show after this, I'm the van.
Speaker 3: Hey good Bone a level Bunet's Power Trip Morning Show. Here we are you know here, we are here, we are We're back.
Speaker 2: We're back here, we are, We're back.
Speaker 3: That's Corey Troupe, that's me, Sols, Paul Embrick, Zach goes out in La. We got Ben Leeber coming here, we got Muslin coming in. As we prepare you for Lions week.
Speaker 7: Oh boy, eight and a half point dogs, the Minnesota Vikings eight and a half point underdog.
Speaker 3: Yes, let us s you're full of games. Yesterday huh, just.
Speaker 7: A weekend of suck fast. I mean the Gopher game was a disaster. The Vikings game was very frustrating. I mean, the wild got absolutely shell ACKed on Saturday. Ants got hamstring tightness, didn't one that was yesterday. They got just absolutely destroyed on Saturday. It was the Gopher game kind of turned into an impromptu Wild watch party.
Speaker 1: And then I think.
Speaker 7: Everybody almost immediately regretted that. Now that game got away in the third, but still it was. Man, that was just not a great sports weekend in Vegas here for you're a Minnesota sports fan, or at least if you had money on it, because if you didn't, you could do what we did.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, this game's over, let's go do something else. Yeah, which is what we did.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right.
Speaker 2: That Gopher game was just hibeous.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 7: We turned a team that the Iowa Hawkeyes. This is the stat of the day. Three hours of bad football. Yeah, it felt like nine. Here's the stat of the day. You can tell everybody at the offices. In the last seven seasons, the Iowa Hawke Guys offense had scored a total of four points, and they scored three thousand on us on Saturn thousand. Yeah, a team that is incapable of scoring scored at will and we did not.
Speaker 1: I got that cool field goal. That was cool.
Speaker 2: That's one of three points.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was third and fifteen on that play, you know, or fourth and fifteen. I don't know, if you go for it. Maybe you go for it. But I don't want to be yelled at by Mike Grimms, so I'll just say you did the right thing.
Speaker 3: I he be with us tomorrow. By the way, oh man, after calling the Iowan's morons, he did it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I can't believe he actually did it.
Speaker 3: I left so hard I almost assist myself.
Speaker 1: I listened to that about fifteen. I can't believe he was I can't believe he did it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the thing is, you know, people are up in arms. They don't realize he's from Iowa.
Speaker 1: He's from Iowa.
Speaker 3: He's calling himself a moron.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But my god, I thought he was going to do all of it, except for the moment he dropped them all mine too. Yeah, it was so good, the best when they throw the guardsy the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Grim will being with the smart normal. He's in today, but he's he'll be in tomorrow. He stayed in Iowa to make amends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man Mayon.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was a bad game, Yeah, real bad. I mean they which one was more disheartening? The Vikings game Thursday or they go for games Saturday games.
Speaker 1: The Gopher game because after they beat Nebraska and played probably the best game other than you know, games that they played in twenty nineteen when they were dominant, probably the best game of the Fleck era, and then they come out and they scored defensively, special teams and offensively of course twice. That kid had thrown three total touchdowns all season. He threw one against the Gophers and then ran one in and his guards, he said on his Sunday show that I listened to on our way home yesterday. You knew he always keeps the ball in the five yard line when he runs the ball in for a touchdown, and they were just nowhere to be found.
Speaker 2: That was a rough go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I can give you about a thousand reasons why the Vikings offense didn't work. Yeah, I can tell you about the injuries. I have no reason. I don't know why Iowa was that much better than us. That's that's the hard part, you know, Like cheez, it wasn't even a game. It was it was over the first quarter.
Speaker 1: It was over. It was over in the first quarter. Guards he said yesterday that they have won twenty of the last twenty five Iowa has against US.
Speaker 2: Yes, well that sucks.
Speaker 7: Yep, But well, all right, moving on though, because you know whatever, it's uh, it's college football.
Speaker 1: And though when they played stupid ass Michigan State on Saturday at Oregon, though, right, in a week or two, that's gonna be but that's gonna be real. But tommy bet I bet Tommy over under one and a half shone wins in like May.
Speaker 2: They have two left, Northwestern and Oregon.
Speaker 1: Okay, but the Vikings, right, we're seeing JJ on Sunday.
Speaker 3: I guess yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 7: And now again, unless he gets hurt again, you got to stick with him the rest of the year. Yeah, yeah, you're you're in last place in the NFC.
Speaker 1: North got nothing to lose.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the Packackers look legit, the lines are legit, the bears are red hot.
Speaker 1: I mean, he got nothing to lose. This is the rest of the year now.
Speaker 7: Is what a lot of us, myself included said before the year started, the whole thesis statement, the whole thing to try to prove in twenty twenty five is do we have a quarterback?
Speaker 1: You are correct?
Speaker 2: So that's where we're at.
Speaker 7: We know it would have been nice if he was healthy and we have already would have found that out, or if you know, Carson Wentz was like an unstoppable force, which he wasn't.
Speaker 1: So now we're back to we got to figure out what we got. That's yeah, that's the goal.
Speaker 7: Even if it's bad, even if he sucks, we gotta the only thing that really sucks is it. Let's if JJ McCarthy's a disaster, it really blows because everybody else.
Speaker 1: In that class looks like they're the real deal. Yeah, Pennix is a little shaky, but he's injured. O Nicks is the real deal.
Speaker 7: Drake May's on fire, Jaden Daniels when he's healthy is awesome, Caleb's getting better. Yeah, like that class is really good, really good, and they they might have picked the only guy that isn't Maybe we don't know. We don't know that, we don't know, we don't know, but we got to find out in the next one. Do we got ten games left?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Ron paid Sports is next is the Power Trip wanting Joe on the fan.
Speaker 3: That right though.
Speaker 7: We're still streaming? Right, isn't Devin back then? I don't if he's back there?
Speaker 2: There he is, there's Devon.
Speaker 7: Happened Devon's one in the old cafe in dot com slash Watch because Zachary was in Los Angeles watching twenty one pilots last night.
Speaker 1: So shout out to Devon for helping us out.
Speaker 2: Hi Devon, there's Devon her mics on If you want to say hi, to do it up man, good morning.
Speaker 3: Maybe he can't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe don't want to. Yeah, maybe he's as maybe he's doing his mind and guys, got me buddy, can you hear us? We had him for a second. Yeah, he sounds like a ghost like in Polder Ghost.
Speaker 2: We have so many to the windows, to the walls, right like we have. I can see him to hear me.
Speaker 3: There you go, there he goes, there he is.
Speaker 1: We can hear you can here. Maybe you can't hear us? Hear us? Oh yeah, I got you?
Speaker 3: Okay, cool, cool one to don't go towards the TV light.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've not seen that movie.
Speaker 3: It's real good. It's one of the good scary ins that the good area.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it is Death twenty three, So yeah, you haven't seen Poulter. Guystraight, you've never seen that movie. You've probably never heard of it, never heard of it. It's one of the good scarions.
Speaker 3: It's a good scary and it'll scare your death. It'll it'll uh, it'll make you not want to you know, I'll tell you one thing. It'll make you not want to be around a t a TV when it's a scary times.
Speaker 2: But you know, Sauce doesn't like being scared. It's Halloween week, man.
Speaker 3: You like to looking at him a dying Yeah that didn't scare me though, Yeah, sorry, don't be scared.
Speaker 1: Don't be scared. I kept saying that. As I got closer.
Speaker 3: He kept asking me if if I could make my own jacuzzi. But enough I wanted to go for a jacuzzie.
Speaker 1: Interesting and afterwards we were going to jacuzzi.
Speaker 7: Sauce, you hate Halloween it's one of your least favorite holidays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but uh, on Friday, we're taking old Louis Tricker treaty, Hello, oh Louis Hi. And today we are taking our Christmas card.
Speaker 7: Cannot wait to trike away the second a lands in my mail box.
Speaker 2: Stop, please, I don't throw years away.
Speaker 1: We don't send one anymore. When you did, I didn't throw it out.
Speaker 7: Well, I think we stopped sending it when she said that I wasn't in the Christmas card because A we couldn't find a good picture of you, and B we didn't think you would notice.
Speaker 1: Your family. By the way, this is, this is I'm not exaggerating either.
Speaker 7: You know many times I took a picture of the three of them like a lovely background in France, right last week and a half.
Speaker 2: Ago, and they they would go, don't you want to get in one of these? And I go, what's the point?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I literally said it. I go, I'm not making the Christmas card anyway. I might as well get a really good shot of the three of you.
Speaker 2: I've gotten that throw the point.
Speaker 3: I get Christmas cards from your family every year. They're definitely still sending them out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what why would Randy Bean. He's a great family friend.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I mean I think I want people to be confused that he's over to the house, you know, fixing stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know what are you doing right now, putting some Halloween stuff together?
Speaker 3: I guess I mean it's Halloween, you know, good old Randy, good old rand. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like Angie's doing the house Stranger Things themed. So I guess Angie said Randy to come over and help her with the upside down. And I didn't understand what that meant. So I guess he's helping her with that.
Speaker 1: He's there now. Yeah, that's interesting, you know something about I don't know, upside down.
Speaker 3: And I hope he brought her something from Holiday Time.
Speaker 1: Now for Page Sports presented by Holiday Station Stars.
Speaker 7: For a limited time, get three red bulls for the price he too, buy two, get one free. Whether those eight and a half ounce red bulls makeing match any flavors you want, sugar free, classics, special editions, get some red.
Speaker 2: Bullet Holiday Thanks Holiday, Oh that god fell.
Speaker 1: Let's see what do we start with here?
Speaker 2: Not a bad life?
Speaker 1: You guys want to start a redlife local or national?
Speaker 3: National?
Speaker 2: National?
Speaker 3: Let's go National.
Speaker 7: LSU fired head coach Brian Kelly a fifty four million dollar buy out, the second largest biout in college football history behind Jimbo Fisher.
Speaker 1: It is seventy seven million. That's nuts.
Speaker 7: What was Franklin's a couple of weeks ago something? Yeah, fifty two.
Speaker 3: I don't know exactly, but I know it's in the fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fifty two.
Speaker 7: LSU lost this weekend forty nine twenty five to Texas A and M. They've lost three of their last four. He is sixty four years old, had a thirty four and fourteen record over four seasons at LSU. Thirty four and fourteen would be good at so many schools.
Speaker 1: Yep, not that one. Yeah, ed is not good enough. Here are the college football power for vacancies. LSU, Florida, Penn State, UCLA. Can you start over and read it like your Billy Joels. We didn't start the fire. LSU, Florida, Penn State, UCLA, Arkansas, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma State, Stanford, all those things.
Speaker 3: You don't have a coach right now.
Speaker 1: None of them. That was so much more entertaining that way.
Speaker 3: That can be available. Yeah, I coaching football. Let's playing football still load of that touch pushing yourself.
Speaker 2: That's the only point you'd call.
Speaker 7: Speaking of football, the Green Bay Packers thirty five twenty five over Aaron Rodgers and the Steelers. The Packers lead the NFC North with a five to one and one record. We stop and Jordan Love had a monster game three hundred and sixty yards and three touchdowns out dueling his former mentor. I guess mark Aaron Rodgers twenty four nineteen yards and two touchdowns.
Speaker 3: That sucked because the Steelers had him on the ropes.
Speaker 2: Man, Man, what the hell was going on?
Speaker 3: I turned on the TV and they had like a ten point leaders something like that, and then suddenly I turned it back on.
Speaker 1: They scored twenty. You want to the fourth quarter? Man, that's a great, great football team.
Speaker 3: Stop it. They are They are not.
Speaker 1: You're just saying that because your wife's listening. That's right.
Speaker 3: You guys, turn some light. You need to turn some lights on in there. You look like the living dead.
Speaker 1: Well that's not going to help when we turn the lights on.
Speaker 3: His giant head is glowing. Well.
Speaker 1: I couldn't find a half this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, obviously, some some people were using it for shelter.
Speaker 2: Last night his giant head is glowing.
Speaker 3: Look at me again, there, Saucy. That's me. Show me, show me some sauce, if you would. Brother, Come on, where's he?
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: Can you show me Saucy on the on the screen, please? There he is? Look at that. I looked like, hell, now, sau I want your name Corey. Now, now imagine I know what you are about? Three quarters e wreck.
Speaker 7: Threequarters Wait you mean seventy five percent or three quarters of an inch.
Speaker 3: Of the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, don't knock it.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Leave my hogs daddy alone.
Speaker 3: And you hear a rustling and you look up and this is looking at you. Look at the camera. Yeah, only look down as if you're looking at a Johnson. Now give me that.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, that's what I saw right there. That's exactly what it was worth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh no, no, it wasn't.
Speaker 1: World Series Game three is tonight in Los Angeles. That series is tied at one. Max Schuzer versus Tyler Glass now us.
Speaker 3: Or yeah, man, give it hell, who's leading one?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 1: It's tied at one? Oh oh good?
Speaker 2: What's that bit call?
Speaker 1: When you have two different colored eyes like sures are. What's the name of that.
Speaker 3: I think it's called.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's called heat. Oh yeah, you try to pronounce it heater, hetero kromni chrome chroma, hetero chroma. I think I'm correct, hetero chromia hetero chromea.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 1: It wish you had a heater ro chromea. That's mean why I'd like to you to be more unique than your old are. I don't know if I can.
Speaker 3: Get more unique hetero chromeia eyes.
Speaker 7: In your heatero chromea intureser has got it about as distinctly as anybody's.
Speaker 3: Bowie I believe had a I think was it a glass eye?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 1: I'll never forget the day you passed away Hogs and we came in here and watched that unbelievably creepy video he made, like what a month before he died. Oh boy, that was Yeah. That album's weird.
Speaker 7: It's weird how people pronounce things differently. I was listening to Conan O'Brien's channel just yesterday and Ricky Gervais was on talking about David Bowie and he says Bowie and he was friends with him, Yeah, And I'm like, is that just a British thing or is that how we were all supposed to say it, but he says, David Bowie, Yeah, out of nowhere emails him because he's a.
Speaker 1: Big enough deal where he can get a hold of Ricky Gervais's email and says, I saw the Office.
Speaker 7: I really liked it. And then they were immediately friends. And apparently David Bowie was like his idol. So wouldn't that be a trip. You're just you're doing your thing, You're coming up in the world of comedy. You hit a giant home run with the British version of the Office, You're the man, and out of know where David Bowie.
Speaker 1: Bowie just emails and he was like, hey, I like that. I thought that was really funny.
Speaker 3: Good job, man, what a trip walk up to David and I would would take a Bowie Yeah, like charm.
Speaker 7: Sure, you know weird, Like if Ricky Gervais told the entire world by the way he wanted it to be pronounced Bowie, Yeah, I still wouldn't switch.
Speaker 1: At this point, it's David Bowie.
Speaker 7: I'm not going I'm not going I'm going to call him the Goblin King before I call him David Bowie. It ain't happening, No, thank you. Now he's dead, so it doesn't matter, right Bowie true do what really matters?
Speaker 1: We come back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got a lot of sports.
Speaker 1: Actually get to it.
Speaker 2: We've have gone forever, man, Noah, lots to.
Speaker 7: Get to Ben Lever should be here in like fifteen minutes, must in about or so.
Speaker 1: This is the Power Trim Morning Show. On the face.
Speaker 3: Hey, I don't know what happened there just now.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a Halloween week, so that was some kind of possession. They were a week out from the speech.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, man, I know, I gotta be ready. I gotta be ready. I gotta get I got to get down to business.
Speaker 7: You said a couple of weeks ago you had an idea, but then you completely threw it out and you were about to start over.
Speaker 2: Have you technically started over.
Speaker 1: Yet or not yet?
Speaker 10: Not?
Speaker 1: You have not yet?
Speaker 7: Well, sometimes people work better under pressury, right, Sometimes back in the day, I always studied.
Speaker 1: Better when I procrastinated.
Speaker 7: Now it was more stressful, but I felt like I retained it more when I crammed it in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I feel where you're saying.
Speaker 1: What I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know you're like, I'm going to sit down and.
Speaker 7: Wow, now I'm just feel like I'm just quoting Conan every five seconds. But I heard driving in this morning. I was listening to Conan's channel and he had Bowen Yang on from Saturday Night Live, and they talked about exactly this, about how neither one of them know any writers on Saturday Night Live who write basically all year long and just bank sketches. They all disconnect when they're not there, and then the week of they're all up all night panicking forcing it before the deadline. Sometimes the last three four five hours before they have to start doing dress rehearsals, they're still writing, And Bowen and Conan were like, why don't we write four months ahead of time and just have a whole bunch of them banked? And both of them are like, yeah, I'm not doing that. Yeah, isn't that weird? They all work better under pressure. It's like, you have to you got to write a sketch that's gonna be a national TV in a couple of days live, and it needs to have que cards and there has to be costuming and sets done, and you got to practice it. It's got to have a table, you got to do all that. Yeah, and they wait till the last second every week.
Speaker 1: That's nuts. But again, some people work better under pressure. Yeah, man like us. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, we like to be pressurized.
Speaker 2: Yeah a under pressure.
Speaker 7: Right now, let's do what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports. In between, Crystal, change your life for something else. The Yeah Wolves home opener one fourteen one ten over the Pacers and had five shots in three minutes and then had hamstring tightness so didn't play the rest of the way. He went for five in three minutes. Yeah, just jacket, he'd good for him. Julius Randall thirty one points as the Wolves win. They are now two and one. The Pacers fall to Ohen three. What in the Wolves host Denver tonight at eight thirty Yucky National TV. I assume it's on, yeah, a Prime or whatever. Yeah, peacock or some guy peacock. I think it's a peacock.
Speaker 1: What really matters, though, is this You got that right, buddy?
Speaker 3: Today would have been the birthday of Scott Wiland Stone Temple Pilot singer.
Speaker 7: More than this spec if we can do the math, he was probably what mid twenties when that band broke in the nineteen ninety it was a little later than that, right, Core must have been like ninety two or three, or maybe Core did come out the same year as never Mind didn't.
Speaker 3: Let's find out.
Speaker 2: Was Core ninety one as well?
Speaker 1: Core was nineteen ninety two, ninety two?
Speaker 7: Okay, so let's say how old do we think he was in ninety two? Twenty four? Yeah, twenty four is a good guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nineteen ninety two, yep, September twenty ninth, and nineteen ninety two.
Speaker 1: Damn isn't that long ago? So good?
Speaker 2: That's their best album?
Speaker 3: Right ha Harrold?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, so let's go sauce. What is twenty four plus thirty three? Twenty four plus thirty three? That would be sixty seven twenty four, fifty seven, let's sire. They go, yeah, we're going to go fifty seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I'm we got it. We're trying to find out what year he was born.
Speaker 7: Because because he's no longer with us, Oh, they don't have his age. Well, I mean he's dead, but they don't say like he would have been fifty seven.
Speaker 3: Oh no, but I can do that math because he died in twenty fifteen.
Speaker 7: So we're going to say, though he was born in what sixty eight? Real close, damn it?
Speaker 3: Fifteen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we almost got it to us. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that band that it would have been?
Speaker 3: And was I think one of the best bands of generation.
Speaker 1: Are they still around?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They got no singer now?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'd like to I'd like the audition.
Speaker 2: Hey, whatever happened to you? Auditioning for the firehouse?
Speaker 3: Firehouse? They already had another singer, but you know who came in and came through for me? It was Brett Michaels. Oh really this week guy. We talked a lot and he reached out and they said they had a singer and they were happy. So he was like, but keep trying, brother.
Speaker 7: But we said that even when you floated that idea, that how crazy about freaking life noble? Where Brett Michaels was potentially trying to help you be the lead singer a firehouse? I know, and somewhere teenage Chris Hockey's mind was Exploded's right, thanks to Carly, thank you.
Speaker 1: That sounds like a fever.
Speaker 7: Dream, right, Brett Michaels was helping me be the lead singer a firehouse?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know, now if you could just give me that job, that just came open and Journey I'd really appreciate because I could sing the blank out of some journey boy.
Speaker 1: Wait that they needed a lead guy.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, they were old dude out man. Oh really I believe I believe that is the case. Yeah, although I keep hearing rumors of Steve Perry's coming back.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yeah, Sauce, but.
Speaker 3: That will last a long side. I'm open.
Speaker 7: I'm ready, Sauce, Brett Michael's trying to help Chris be the lead singer of Firehouse. That's like if somebody told Little Meat Sauce Grimace is going to help you get a job at Burger King, you'd say, my life's complete, Yeah, thank you, thanks.
Speaker 3: Does he know the King?
Speaker 7: No, But I think the King understands that if Grimace writes you a letter of recommendation, he doesn't have a round. He means it, yeah, and he doesn't have any choice choice the king. The King is controlled by Grimace. No, it's the opposite. I'm saying he he doesn't have all power. He was trying to get you a job at the Burger campy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one of them runs an illegal poker game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that story what a mess, man. I'm just convinced I've been rigged against for two decades. That's why I lose. Hey, hindsight's twenty twenty, Corlis, And you're the only one with this kind of experience, and you know the kind of people that could play in a game like that, How quickly could you sense something was up?
Speaker 7: Well again, according to the video that I saw the other day of Matt Burkey, who's a pro poker player, he said he never played in that game, but the games from the pros that he heard played in it, they said it was the most obviously rigged game they've ever seen because it was the only the only people that were losing were the pros, which mathematically that just shouldn't happen. It not happened, though, and the way they were losing were was preposterous, right, Like it's and that's that's the stuff.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 7: Again, you can tell by the way somebody handles their chips whether they've played poker, and if you if you're if you're if you don't know how to sit down at the table and properly unrack your chips, and now you're smoking the best players in the world.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's red flag number one, two, and three.
Speaker 7: Yep, take all the X ray stuff and marked cards and rigged shuffle all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they probably knew right away.
Speaker 7: But again, you bring in the big name basketball players, so the pros and the big money guys will fanboy on them and go love. Well, I get to play with Chauncey Billups or I get to play with Kevin Garnett, whoever else was at those games.
Speaker 1: I don't know who knows. That's why I've never played in home games.
Speaker 7: Yeah, about a decade ago, I was asked to play in one, and then I later found out that was robbed. And there's a lot of people in Minnesota that believe the person that hosted it was the one who robbed it. Inside job. So I'm like, I'm glad I never played in that game. But I just I like playing casinos. And you could still get cheated at a casino. Yeah you could, it would be harder, Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't like playing home games unless it's against you idiots. You guys can't break anything. You sure did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember some of the great days of his life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and hawks.
Speaker 7: The Sharks beat the wild six to five in overtime. The Wild, though probably pretty happy because they did trail five three. In the third Bulliam and Ericson X scored to force overtime, but then maca on Celebrini scored the game winner in overtime. The Wild now three five and two. That's going the wrong way pretty quickly. They host Winnipeg tomorrow night. Right here on the fan, your hands here for Minnesota Wild Hockey. It's Benjamin Lieber. Ben, here's your sleep pillow man.
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so, Ben, let me use this, like, yeah, the mask thing? Yeah, a mask thing that you tie to the back of your chair when you around a flight. I think I agree you. You and I were texting, Ben, You and I text more than people know. I think I said like BB plus. But I also admitted that if I only used it once, I think I'd have to get better at figuring it out, how to tighten it and how to because the concept is genius. It's basically, it's a harness that pushes your forehead back against the seat so you don't slouch over and basically sleep with your chin in your neck, in your your the back of your neck hurts. I had it pretty tight, but I still leaned just far enough ahead where my neck still hurt a little bit. So I slept, but I still didn't sleep great. So I it was the strap on the back of the seat rest was that tight taut?
Speaker 1: It was?
Speaker 2: I thought it was, But maybe it wasn't me. Maybe I just needed more work.
Speaker 11: But because as you and I were texting, I actually had the opposite problem. When I first attached it. My I couldn't fall asleep because there's too much pressure on my forek.
Speaker 1: I had a man tight I should have done that, So I had to.
Speaker 11: Loosen up a little bit, just to give myself a little bit of wiggle room enough but not to where like.
Speaker 1: My You know, obviously my chin was slouching again.
Speaker 10: So you know.
Speaker 7: The other mistake I made, this is the passive aggressive Minnesota in me is I didn't try to figure it out the second I got on the plane. I tried to figure it out when the lights were already dimmed and everybody's trying to fall asleep. So when the guy next to me is half asleep, I don't want to be Joscelyn and Justlin or so like, I got it as close to good as I got, and then I'm like, I just have to live with this because I don't want to wake this guy up. I don't want to be that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I should have figured it out earlier. Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 11: When we did it going over to London and Dublin. I did it right when I got on the plane. Yeah, that's so I turned around. The lights in the.
Speaker 2: Cabin were still on.
Speaker 11: I just it because the thing is like, obviously, it's the first time I'm doing it, so I didn't really know.
Speaker 7: You never forget your first time. Yeah, although sausted, So I did attach it on the back of the headrest when the lights were on.
Speaker 11: Now I had to attach it into the whole system on obviously when the lights were dark and it was time to go sleepy time. So that still took some adjustment. But I understand what you're saying that you know, I think the concept is genius. You just got to tweak it either way.
Speaker 2: Appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Let me use it.
Speaker 7: It was worth a shot man, Yeah, no problem. I felt like it was a sky mall or Brookstone and oh yeah, my backpack bought a lot of stuff from there.
Speaker 12: I like it.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 3: I like it. I'm two things from yesterday's flight that I wanted to tell you guys, perfect opportunity to do it. Number one. I booked the flight long time ago, and I chose my own seat because I like being a window seat, right, I like to be a lay my weary head against the window. And I made the mistake though, of taking the row right in front of like one of the little walls that separates you from the heathens behind you, you know. And so I couldn't reclimb my seat at all, not even a smidge. Not not somebody who likes to pa reclient. You know where I'm laying in the guy's lat behind me, and you know what I'm talking about, Ben, Yeah, remember that minute. Yep, that's great, wasn't it. But anyway, but I do like to recline just a smidge, So I sat straight up.
Speaker 1: That's the worst.
Speaker 3: That's the worst. Making it even worse though, right as we took off, and this is the overnight flight, this is the red Eye, I dropped my left AirPod.
Speaker 1: It bounced around man and.
Speaker 3: I couldn't reach it. And it was a full flight and the people beside me were already zonking, and I had to sit there the entire flight, watching as every time we hit turbulence, that moved a little bit farther away from and I couldn't reach it. And I was so frustrating because you know, you're like this and you're almost able to get it, and I was like, he's gonna land and it's gonna be in first class. I'm never gonna see it, right, But when we landed, it moved just enough that I could reach it, and I.
Speaker 2: Grabbed it, perfect timing.
Speaker 3: But the entire flight, I'm watching as it gets a little farther away from me, a little farther and I couldn't reach the sum bitch. I tried everything. I turned on my flashlight and you know, people around me love that.
Speaker 2: Why would your flashlight help?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why did you have that? I just needed to release try to reach.
Speaker 3: It with stressed, I tried to trade it for the guy in front of me. Hey, I'll give you this.
Speaker 1: If you uh things blown out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll clean it first.
Speaker 1: I swear.
Speaker 2: You did dog in the flight or what.
Speaker 3: As far as I listened with you, only one.
Speaker 11: You know that's that is one term that these kids these days that they're using for everything, And I'm like, you can't be using.
Speaker 2: Raw dog in these situations.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: I do like the phrase raw dog in a flight though, because it is weird. Which flight was it?
Speaker 7: Like a year ago? I told you guys this where that might have been when when we went to England last year. So oh yeah, yeah, because it was the it was the guy. It was the couple with the with the infant, and as soon as they got the infant asleep, the guy stared at a blank screen.
Speaker 1: This is an international flight man.
Speaker 7: He didn't have anything on the screen, no headphones, and he wasn't sleeping and he is sitting right next to me and he just stared at a blank screen.
Speaker 2: And it made me so uncomfortable.
Speaker 7: A sociopath because I'm like, yes, either shut your eyes or turn on the goddamn office.
Speaker 3: In his head, this Sally hurds, Oh god.
Speaker 1: I mean, am I done with my life?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: But we're all happy.
Speaker 7: You got your baby. To think this is either your sleep time or do something. You can't just stare at the screen. Man, You're freaking me.
Speaker 2: He just got on the foxhole from the war he shot. It made me so unnerved.
Speaker 3: That's not my baby, that's my wife's baby. But it's definitely not mine, And I'm really thinking about what's going to happen in this plan lanes.
Speaker 2: Just turn off the flight tracker. I was watching the flight tracker. No, cool, you're looking.
Speaker 3: At I've got to figure out my exit plan from this planet.
Speaker 2: Buddy, man, you know what he really wanted from you.
Speaker 1: He wanted your right hand just to like finger walk over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just to like hold his hand. Had hould his hands. It gets easier, Yeah, oh much. And that was the same couple.
Speaker 7: They were so apologetic because right when the kid got on the plane, he was she was using a little bit, and I'm like, no, I get two girls.
Speaker 1: I get it at the end of the world, and I have headphones. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Everything they did was correct until he stared into the abyss.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uncomfortable amount of time.
Speaker 3: Oh she does is complain? Oh my god, And I know that one's not mine. How do I know? I've been shooting blanks since I was fifteen?
Speaker 1: Fifteen? Oh, poor guy, I do you know they're blanks when you're fifteen?
Speaker 3: Oh god, I have a joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't don't say it, no, yeah, say it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, say it.
Speaker 3: That takes that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're lucky. Zach's not here.
Speaker 2: We'll do more of what really matters after this.
Speaker 1: Ben Leber's here, Paul charge is not here.
Speaker 2: That was so loud, loud, pal what a what a well run organization? Laura Laura Morea The Power Morning Show.
Speaker 8: After this on the Van, here's Coach Hines. Yes days loss.
Speaker 2: You know, in the in the bigger picture part of it.
Speaker 12: Is, you know, the fact that we continue to push and got ourselves back in the game at different points, I think is something that is important when you see that in your team and in the room and how we're able to battle back into the game. I think there's some good lessons out of that. But there's also the other side of why we were down in.
Speaker 2: The games and.
Speaker 1: You know, figuring that out as well.
Speaker 2: So it kind of still digesting the game because there was so much that had.
Speaker 1: Gone on in it. But I would say those are my couple quick takeaways from there.
Speaker 3: You go, so then Austin in overtime, but you're beloved Wolves.
Speaker 8: Win it bout right.
Speaker 10: Tay Tennis, He'll race across mccotland six now with five, he'smith with it, triples to the right side, pulls up on the three off higher, no tip and follow good for Jaris Walker one tenth of a second left in bound Dante. The Wolves that made it ten straight wins in home openers, ten in a row. They hang on to beat the Pacers one, fourteen to one ten.
Speaker 7: That's the voice of Alan Horton and Ben Mallard name dropped him on Friday, right, said that they knew each other from back to the day. How great would it have been, Ben Mallard? Just like God, the Wolves play by play guys just garbage. Yeah, but it was the opposite, right, It's like Alan Horton's the best and Ben Mallard was the best.
Speaker 1: He was super cool, so great. Yeah, So the Wolves win, the Wild lose.
Speaker 7: Oh, how many goals through ten games does Carill Caprizov have?
Speaker 1: How many goals does he have through ten?
Speaker 4: Four?
Speaker 2: One deuce?
Speaker 7: It's got five, tied for the team lead with Matt Boldi, who apparently plays from Minnesota.
Speaker 1: He has five goals as well.
Speaker 2: Bold He's got five.
Speaker 3: Boldi's got five for him. Yeah, but what really matters is this really okay? In nineteen ninety one, on this day, the first us, not this moment. I'm the ladies man.
Speaker 7: Would you like a fifth day? Would just right up leon to the US. Give me a few seconds, hang out and hang out. Give me four and a half seconds here.
Speaker 3: That's bet all I can give you.
Speaker 1: Brother, listen to the Hawks. That's the craziest thing I've ever thought of. Yeah, thats cool.
Speaker 2: Hey, what happened?
Speaker 1: Is that movie? Any good?
Speaker 2: H It's uh yes, no, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: I've seen it a thousand times and it makes me laugh like crazy. I wouldn't say good, but man, it's it's dumb and funny, but it's self aware. It's stupid.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The first US death resulting from bungee jumping occurred on the state in nineteen ninety one in Paris, California. How Mark Irish jumped from a hot air balloon, plummeted sixty feet and died because he became disconnected from his bungee cord.
Speaker 1: I can't believe.
Speaker 2: I guess I didn't know when bungee jumping started.
Speaker 3: Good question. Let me look.
Speaker 7: If somebody would have said, when was the first time somebody died bungee jumping in the US, I would have guessed way before nineteen ninety one. I don't think they were bungee jumping in the twenties, but I would I don't know. I guess I thought maybe it would have been in the sixties or seventies it started.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, guess. Let's get a guess going here.
Speaker 7: I'll say it started in the early seventies. Yeah, it sounds like a seventies sling. But then why did it take twenty years to have the first death? Something must have gone wrong.
Speaker 11: So the first guy died wheneteen nineteen ninety one, nineteen ninety one, I'll say it started in eighty five.
Speaker 7: See that makes more sense. Yeah, but it feels like seventy's invention. I'll say seventy two.
Speaker 1: I'll say seventy eight, nineteen seven, seventy seventy nine.
Speaker 3: And first modern bungee. What's wrong with me?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: So it took took twelve years for somebody to die. Yeah, would you do it?
Speaker 7: I think we brought this up a week or two ago, a billion percent when I was twenty one, and then I just assumed it.
Speaker 1: I'll get around to it. Never did it, and now I would never do it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I would do you no way, Yeah, no, I'd bring the whole crane down, I believe, pull up he is pulled back down to the ground.
Speaker 5: I believe.
Speaker 7: I believe Chief Brody said it best when he said, we're going to need a bigger rope, yeah and balloon.
Speaker 11: Here's the thing that I think is fascinating. Okay, So it starts in nineteen seventy nine. Yep, got I mean you wouldn't catch me even back then in my early twenties being like if this was the first seration of bungee jumping, and I'm like, yeah, let's do it. Like I completely trust this hard in this whole system, right. But the thing is, at that time, you don't know any better, so you think this is as safe as good as it's going to get. And then there's like bungee cord, you know, five point zero that they're on now. So where in this timeline of development would you feel safe doing it? Because if twenty years from now, would you look back and like, I can't believe anybody was doing that in twenty twenty five, No way.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, because now I don't fear the safety thing at all. I just don't think I have the stomach for it. Yeah, Like I wouldn't. I don't think I would fear the rope's gonna snap. I would just fear the Am I gonna have a heart attack? Because I'm forty five years old?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Same, I'd be more worried about the internal threats than the external.
Speaker 11: So in that story of Poor Sap dying, was it the cord itself or was it? Was it a user air with the the guy that was strapping his feet in? Yeah, because that's a big difference because you know, you get like if you got Carnie Bob, that's like attaching your feet. Yeah, you know, maybe it's less about the technology and more about the Carnie.
Speaker 7: That's actually somebody did white bear math right, Like it was a sixty foot cable and they were only twenty feet off the ground.
Speaker 3: Right, that's his memorial. That's actually sad. I don't want to read that all right.
Speaker 2: It's really not that bad.
Speaker 7: No, it matters to me, how great would it be if Warren Sap named his son poor Well, yeah, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that'd be awesome.
Speaker 2: Or Tree Paul you do one?
Speaker 1: Me do one? Oh? What about it's like sad Sap. It's not bad. I mean, it's sad Sack, isn't it though? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But sad sap also could work. It's close enough.
Speaker 9: Sure, what about uzi uzi sap uzine sap sticky sap se Ben's funnier anyway?
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, is it my turn?
Speaker 7: The Vikings are at the Lions Sunday at noon, Benjamin right here on the fan. The Lions are eight and a half point favorites. The Vikings are now sneakily last in the NFC North had three and four because the Bears are hot. The Lions are five and two and the Packers won last night. They're five to one and one. Man, that was a tough watch on Thursday against the old San Diego slash LA Superchargers. That was disheartening. Uh, Lions eight and a half point favorites. Yeah, not necessarily a good bounce back week.
Speaker 11: Oh listen, I think that we all realize there's not a lot of great takeaways from that game on Thursday night. I think the only silver lining, guys, if I have to like, if if I give myself the twenty four hour rule, which I was very upset after the game on Thursday because what a waste of time that was, and that was not a good effort by anybody out there.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what I mean.
Speaker 11: I'm sure they tried really hard and it was great effort. The execution was terrible. We are going to get healthier, and I heard you guys talk about it earlier with McCarthy. This is it barring another injury, which again would be a red flag if he can't stay healthy. There are just some dudes out there that just are injury prone. So let's cross our fingers that he reigns healthy the rest of the year. He's the guy. I don't care if he goes yeah, five five for twenty in a game that you got to ride with it. You got to see what he's like. You got to put him out there and just ride ride the wave.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 11: So and hopefully he has a completely healthy line outside of Ryan Kelly, because we know that that's going to be just kind of a sensitive situation with his head in his concussions. All that being said, I honestly don't think that Brendel's played that bad, even though even two games ago when everybody's like that was horrible. I mean, he gave up one one pretty nasty pressure and he had he snapped the ball over the guy's head. And I'm not counting the holding call against him because that was not a holding call. He actually didn't play that bad. I actually was watching the film, like, I think the guy's pretty good actually. So if we have a healthy five, the starting five, hopefully things look way different. And with Aaron Jones hopefully being like full full full ready, I think it's gonna be much better now. Defensively, if we can get gink back, I think that changes things, but we still have a lot of work to do.
Speaker 1: Up front to stop the run.
Speaker 11: I mean, Jamior Gibbs, if you've got him on your if you've got him on your fantasy league, go ahead and start the guy if you haven't already, which would be stupid if you haven't, but he has a potential to go off against us.
Speaker 1: Where does Jalen Redmond rank in terms of.
Speaker 7: Performance on the defensive line this year, Because we obviously spent a lot of money on that line.
Speaker 2: He's the best defensive tackle that we have.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: That's why I asked you.
Speaker 7: I was just checking to see if that was correct, because, man, we spent a lot of money with Hargrave and Jonathan Allen and invested in a lot of guys that were on the low hoping that they would spike back up man Jalen Redmond just keeps making place.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you all the time.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to explain.
Speaker 11: Like I know everybody wants to see, like the flashy plays that he has in some of the pass rushings things, but like you watch this guy's total body of work in the run game. He's a beast man and he's not He's not your prototypical height, weight, all that under stuff. But his technique, his quick twitch, his hand usage, the way that he can separate and use it and disengage like he's becoming the full package for us up front. Unfortunately, he can't play every snap. Those guys just can't. I mean, it's not the way that the game is built anymore. So he has to come out. He's got to take some rest and there is a little drop off when he's not in there for sure.
Speaker 1: What really matters, though, is the following good point.
Speaker 3: Ketchup was originally a fish based sauce. Oh what Yeah. The word ketchup is derived from a Chinese word for fermented fish sauce.
Speaker 2: That's gross.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: It didn't contain maters for over a century.
Speaker 1: Oh, and and.
Speaker 3: Then it got to the west. It used to be a fishy and mushrooms and walnuts and oysters, and then I guess we got to the west and changed tomatoes.
Speaker 7: So I have a question just in terms of whether or not what you just said is fair or not. If for centuries wine was made from grapes and then we start making apple cider, we wouldn't call it wine and just say that the recipes change.
Speaker 1: It's a different thing. Yeah, it's a completely different thing.
Speaker 7: So it's like, sure, they maybe use the same word, but it's a completely different item.
Speaker 3: It says here, completely different. They didn't think it was a big deal.
Speaker 10: Story.
Speaker 1: I just I don't know. I mean, like to me, it's ketchup.
Speaker 7: Is just since the tomato era fish before that stuff has something else that's fish sauce.
Speaker 3: It says here that John hines different On the radio, guy said, I'll just call it ketchup. Who cares?
Speaker 1: That's that's pretty passive. Isn't the wild's owner's wife heir to that fortune, the Hinds fortune.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think. I don't think I've ever heard.
Speaker 7: I think she is using dwell in Mishki who is the heir to the o Henry fortune?
Speaker 3: Right, you're thinking of Mishki who is heir to the U?
Speaker 1: Is that the rookie?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: Oh, TD Michigan.
Speaker 1: I think I think the owner of the Wild's wife is an heir to the Hinds fortune. I'd like to be an air to something you are.
Speaker 3: I'd like to strangle the air out of him.
Speaker 1: It sounded like your voice you were going to strangle the air out of yourself. But I walked in on front of I heard just floating on top of the water.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 2: You just don't take a bath when you have a shared sweet Yeah. Wait, of course you don't. It's sweet.
Speaker 7: But if doors can't be locked and you know there's three drunk or high people on the other side, that's like playing reverse.
Speaker 2: Let's make a deal. Maybe maybe that's his thing.
Speaker 1: Maybe he wanted to find door number one it's Chris taking a bath or or.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why did you want to see it so bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I knew he was in there.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. I was pretty hammered.
Speaker 7: But he just believes in the Monty Hall paradox. Wanted to see it in action. Yeah, and then I walked in and I'm like, worst hawk. They're like, he's behind that door. And I opened it and there he was listening to the Deaftnes and taking a bath.
Speaker 3: That's right, yep, about to make mone soup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted it to go gambling more. And he basically said, leave me alone.
Speaker 3: Say give me some of that fish sauce.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Are you the heir to the hinds thrown or whatever?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Are you looking it up? Brian said she's one of the owners of S. C. Johnson.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, gigantic company too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, he saw Johnson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 2: It was delayed, not bad Johnson, Yeah, I did s C. Johnson.
Speaker 3: I have a joke there too.
Speaker 2: Please don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna take a break. We're gonna be right back.
Speaker 3: Alright, Mike Muffman's gonna come in a bit.
Speaker 2: My life really fucked semester The cat
Speaker 3: I sad