Speaker 1: What stayed with you?
Speaker 2: I'm bringing this up because we were laughing about this the other day. And when I was in about fifth grade or so, my best friend Scott's sister Bobby said, You've got a snoopy belly, and I've never forgotten that, and.
Speaker 3: I was excited about yourself all the day. To me, I think I was the only one in the studio, and I go, Dave, it's just the way gosh. I was like, I've never thought of that before in my life, and I would never say that to.
Speaker 2: Somebody I was. I usually walk around with him a backsuede, you know what I mean. My head is like over, like goes back past my butt.
Speaker 1: Like yeah. So, so in fifth.
Speaker 2: Grade or so, my best friend's sister said, you have a snoopy belly, and it hasn't haunted me. But I never forgot that, right, So I want to ask you a question out of the blue, totally at random.
Speaker 1: What has stayed with you? Bailey? Any Vaunt?
Speaker 2: Does anybody have something that somebody saidness that stayed with you?
Speaker 1: Vaut?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was dating this girl in high school and I don't know why. I just, you know, stupid high school relationships, But I could never get her to open up to me, so we finally had broke up. She wasted no time getting with the new guy, and he was at her family functions and I said to her.
Speaker 5: I was like, how the hell?
Speaker 4: And she said to me, she was like, I don't know what it was about you, but something about you.
Speaker 5: I just never felt comfortable talking to you.
Speaker 1: Him it's so easy, And I was like, it stays with me.
Speaker 5: Wow, that stung. Yeah, that was her.
Speaker 2: Though, you know what I mean, that's not an all encompassing kind of a thing, because I feel like I can be very open with you.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Wow, what stayed with you?
Speaker 5: Yeah. I got bullied a lot.
Speaker 6: As a kid, mostly being told I looked like a boy, but I had short hair, so I was kind of like, yeah, you know what, I do look like a boy, my hair's really short. But one year somebody told me that I looked like a Rottweiler and then started calling me dog face.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: So it's the different colored skin.
Speaker 5: On your Yeah, And so that is now stuck with me.
Speaker 6: Now. Anytime I'll wake up in the middle of the night, like going to the bathroom, see my face, and I'll be.
Speaker 1: Like I look like you wake up.
Speaker 5: So dog faced girl. Yes, stuck with me for a while.
Speaker 2: Like that stick with you, like maybe your grandma said something. I've told this story before. My grandma was little, like five years old, and she was showing off because her mom had a friend over, and my grandma's mom said to my grandma, you be quiet. Nobody wants to hear what you have to say. And that stuck with her her entire life, and she was very shy because of that. Be careful what you say to your kids, because I don't never know. I told cars, I said, stop it, you're being so blank and weird, and I worried that that stuck with him and breaking breaking the recorder over my knee.
Speaker 1: Give me that what stuck with you, Jenny?
Speaker 3: Quite a few things, but one right off the top of my head is the fact that in the third grade I was standing up and behind me, my so called like best friend at the time started talking to another friend about how I have a bubble butt.
Speaker 5: And I was so hurt because back then then it was not.
Speaker 3: Cool, cold to have any kind of junk in the trunk. It was not a cool thing. And so I all for a very long time. I was very self conscious about having a larger backside because I came out the womb with this butt. Let me tell you, it's not a workout routine. It's just how I was born. Yes, three of them.
Speaker 2: So what stuck with you? And just send me a text to Katie WB one five nine to one. It's also on Facebook. Wet, there's a.
Speaker 3: Bunch of ones on Facebook, Amy said. A boy in eighth grade told me I was as big as shamou. My grandpa also asked me what I was eating to get so bad?
Speaker 2: Oh, Grandma's do that though, Yeah, Grandpa, wasn't it?
Speaker 5: Yeah that was grandpa, grandparents, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Tammy's at. A girl in middle school made fun of my ears and called me little elf girl because of my elf ears.
Speaker 5: Oh they're a little pointy, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh body, and it stays with you. Sometimes you forget about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but a lot of the times you remember these little barbs.
Speaker 5: Oh this is so sad, Rain says.
Speaker 3: In fifth grade, my grandma told me the song I sang at karaoke wasn't very good. I'm sure it wasn't, but I never sang for her again. Yes, and then I went on to be a music the musical theater major. Anyway, Yeah, I still pursued something that you enjoyed, even though Grandma didn't like your karaoke.
Speaker 5: Some of them are like really weird too.
Speaker 6: Like I had one of my my dad's like other next wife after my mom. Her parents once made fun of me because I peed too loud.
Speaker 5: I truly, it was like the middle of.
Speaker 6: The night, I got up to use the bathroom when when I came out, she was like in the hallway and.
Speaker 5: She goes, gosh, you he's so loud.
Speaker 6: And so this was my dad's wife's mother, so my stepmom's mother who told me that, and I lived with that. Truly, I would wait until everyone was gone out of the bathroom before I.
Speaker 5: Would turn the sprinklers off. Right, It just came to me.
Speaker 6: I'm like, oh, this really did stick with me until you get to college and then you really have no choice and you have to pee when other people in the room.
Speaker 5: We have a bunch of text messages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that everybody has something that is stuck with them.
Speaker 5: Nine to ones and text.
Speaker 4: By the way, somebody said my mom was called can opener nose.
Speaker 5: Oh that's rough.
Speaker 1: Your mom was called can opener nose.
Speaker 5: That's what the text said. Probably had like a beak like nose.
Speaker 2: Think of like a metal, little handheld can opener that's got the pointy end.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, another text.
Speaker 4: Everybody used to call me chit or everybody used to say I smelt like a chimney.
Speaker 5: It's because my parents smoked in the house all the time.
Speaker 6: That's sad.
Speaker 1: Sad.
Speaker 4: Somebody once told me I walked like I had to stick up my butt. We'll never forget that. And who it was that said that. That's the other thing. You will always remember the names of these people. I love it anytime Dave calls when of his bullies out, because those people.
Speaker 1: Stick with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alexel, this one I remember. I've told you the kid named Billy Deverel and we didn't have any money in ninth grade, Billy Deverel lived. Our school was divided into the rich section and the poor section. I lived in the poor section and I had Kmart shoes, and Billy Deverrel did it on purpose to embarrass me. He's like, hey, are those Adidas, knowing full well they weren't Adidas.
Speaker 5: Oh well, then he made you feel, you know, small.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely, yes, he was like they were tracks t r a x Kmart's finess.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, this is interesting, Dave Cheryl said. A yoga instructor once said that the way you walk shows your age. Now I always watch my posture because you were just saying that, Like the way you stand is like an arch and whatever.
Speaker 1: Stand up, okay.
Speaker 2: And everybody has something that somebody said years ago that is stuck with you.
Speaker 6: For example, this Texas, my mom said I can't wear lipstick because I look like a muppet.
Speaker 5: It sticks with you all these years later.
Speaker 6: This one says before a swimming field trip in fourth grade, someone said, I bet Chelsea wears a one piece.
Speaker 5: It hurt at the time, but now it's so funny. What a random thing to be like. I bet she wears a one piece.
Speaker 6: Getting ready in the morning, my dad walked by and said, you can't polish a turd.
Speaker 1: Oh, daddy, Dad, here's this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was sitting on the edge of the pool and my aunt told my mom that I had more rolls than a bakery cheese. I was about ten years old. It stuck with me for twenty five years.
Speaker 6: Oh, more roles than a bakery geez, that's cue.
Speaker 3: We're learning that they're clearly was a lot of fat shaming back in the day.
Speaker 5: That stuck with everyone.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, for the day.
Speaker 2: It was like that, you know, your grandparents or great grandparents or whatever. They Actually that was probably a common thing. It never did any good. It just in here.
Speaker 1: It is fifty years later for some people they still remember it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because in high school one of those popular girls that I looked like the supporting actress and ten things I had about you because she wasn't very pretty. She was you look like the supporting character. She's not that pretty. What a weird thing to get somebody for this, one said. All of second grade, I was called Maria Diarrhea, probably because she pooped in her pain.
Speaker 1: Probably does or not.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just a funny name. Where's the one about the ok can I read this one?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: I have a flat nose, so all the way through my childhood I was always made fun of for it, like, hey, flat nose or flat phase from outer space. It still bothers me at fifty four years old. But plastic surgery is so expensive. It's true, it is, I'm sure it is. Some one says hairstyle is here. On my very first day ever taking clients after cosmetology school, I had an adult come in and she asked if I was married. I said yes, and then she asked if I was pregnant and I said no, and her response was, well, you must have ate a lot of wedding cake.
Speaker 6: Then.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, these things, these are things that stick with you, sinces.
Speaker 6: My grandma told me not to grow up my banks because my forehead is too big for that.
Speaker 5: You need you need them to cover up your forehead. Oh, I also have a big forehead.
Speaker 3: I was always called alien head by this guy named BJ Wagner. And when he called me at one time, I was like, okay, Bj, you talked to eight.
Speaker 2: That's funny. I'm a guy. I was like twelve or fourteen years old. I came out of the bathroom. My mom said to me, you have a strong stream. Since then, I never stand when I pee. I am thirty eight years old. Now, well, when you're twelve and fourteen years old, you pee like a fire hydrant.
Speaker 6: I think that, yes, all men that point because I think all men really pee loud, like really loud.
Speaker 2: Unless you if you get a prostate problem. No it's it's more like a trickle.
Speaker 6: Oh really, yeah, it always just sounds like no, no, no, on the side of the.
Speaker 1: You're your grandma? Tell you pete really loud?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I was just paying normal and I was sitting.
Speaker 1: Do you still pee really loud?
Speaker 5: I don't think so unless I really have to before. I've been in the bathroom. Were there it's like Diagraaa? Is it storming outside? Did they put sprinkles in the bathroom? Someone?
Speaker 2: We'll do a couple of more of these. What's stuck with you? Somebody said something when you were a kid, that's stuck with you?
Speaker 1: Hi? Jane, Hi, what stuck with you?
Speaker 7: Well? I have the stick Bybrosa. So I was a very scrawny, skinny child and it was very, very hard to keep waiting. And I'll never forget a girl came up to me in high school and said, you you are so skinny. That's so gross. And ever since then, I always looked at myself as gross because I I was so skinny.
Speaker 1: And that sticks with you, isn't that awful?
Speaker 2: It's like one little and if you were to talk to this girl today, yeah, she would have no memory of this at all. Isn't it funny how our minds work. Like you say something, say, the axe forgets, but the tree remembers.
Speaker 6: Yes, I went to a birthday party with a bunch of people that I knew in high school that I hadn't seen since high school a couple of years ago, and TJ.
Speaker 5: Ryerson, if you're listening, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 6: He was, like, I remember, on the first day of freshman year, you told me I shouldn't wear horizontal stripes, and you did. I said that to him, and he said, and I never wear horizontal stripes, and I think about it every time I try on a shirt that has horizontal stripes that you told me not to. And I'm like, oh, I'm so sorry, But that's done with him, And I thought, I was like, was I mean?
Speaker 5: It was probably a bit I was doing, like a joke.
Speaker 1: The tree remembers.
Speaker 2: The acts forgets why Susan had two older brothers. They used to call her fubs, part fat and part chubs. They would call her fubs, hey fubbs, hey fubbs. It bothered her. She's never forgotten it. Yes, And they have no memory of that one soever, right exactly