Speaker 1: It is Monday, February twenty third, twenty twenty six. Wats to get to today? From cartel chaos in Mexico to the marrow Lago attack may have been fueled by Epstein drama and a Turette sincident. An awards show sets the Internet on fire. Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text sam more, Hey there Sabrina. Hello, Hello, see you, lat's happening and hello to you. You can join us on the show today. All you have to do is send us a dispatch. Go to the neewsjunkie dot com hit record on your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and Twitch dot tv.
Speaker 2: Slash the news Junkie.
Speaker 1: Your message is rolling a writer to the studio in real time. How's everybody doing on a Monday, Monday? How are you here? We are on a Monday. We have we have both fire and freeze warnings at the same time. What do you do? What does one do with a fire warning and a freeze warning at the same time?
Speaker 3: You meme about it? Just me me your way through it. You got a snow a cane for our friends up north.
Speaker 1: We've got absolute pandemonium unfolding in Mexico.
Speaker 2: My oh my, it's one of those days.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have a lot to go through today, so let's do exactly that I did see. And I'm just it's the only review so far that I've been interested in, so I just I did want to just get a little little bit of an update. But I saw from your Instagram Sea Lane that Jackson made his way to Cracker Barrel. Yeah, post post all these controversial changes at the Rackerberre. Did Jackson? Did Jackson way in on this? He was like, I can't believe it. This place used to be the Country Store. What is this? Woke? Where's my uncle Hershel? Where's he at?
Speaker 3: The uncle Herschel favorite came back, I have a catfish, got a cat fish and eggs on over the weekend. I kind of forgot because of the whole Cracker Barrel thing, Like when we were talking about it, everybody's big deal was the logo and then they rolled back the logo thing, but they still did the inside. So you can't really see it in this picture though. I'll send you the other picture that I have, and you can see, like it's a lot more opened in there now.
Speaker 4: Just like what they did with our offices here at HQ.
Speaker 1: People will socialize more. It's because there's people socializing always around there. I do like this photo of him, though, and I noticed it's hard to tell from Sea Lane's Instagram photo of Jackson at Cracker Barrel for the first time, but Jackson is wearing a grateful dead shirt. He's wearing he is a dead head. He's the littlest dead head out there.
Speaker 3: Interestingly enough, not his first time at Cracker Barrel. He has been to the old Cracker Barrel.
Speaker 1: Oh good, yeah he did. He did. He make a decision. Then well, my wife.
Speaker 3: Weighed in on and she's like, they even changed the high chair for the baby, and I go, how do you know that? She goes the old high chairs looked like big old rocking chairs, but in high chair form, and I'm like, no, they didn't know, what are you talking about? And she pulled up other pictures from the last time we.
Speaker 5: Were going with a rocking chair for babies. That's impossible to feed that.
Speaker 2: It looked like a rocking chair.
Speaker 3: It just had it had like the the wood.
Speaker 1: On the sides and the top. And this is just a regular old high chair. I gotta tell you a little bit awesome if it literally was rocking. So the kid had to like work for his.
Speaker 4: High chair, sounds very dangerous.
Speaker 1: Well, he seems to have enjoyed him. So the other picture that I just sent you, all right, hang on, is this okay? This is Jackson? Oh there you can see more of the restaurant there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, look look at him.
Speaker 1: But then like it's cute you see, like between the little separators that used to be just covered in crap, you covered in the knickknacks and Patty white wax. It's going to sound like you.
Speaker 2: And then they've kind of they went they took it back a bunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I like it. You know, it's a Russ rusty.
Speaker 1: It feels brighter, feels bright something. This kid looks like trouble he does. I can see exactly like he looks like, uh, he's he looks like he's got someone's mind. I don't know what he's got going on, but he looks like he's up to something. There's gonna be the before photo. They're like usually local kid burns down seventy six cracker barrels.
Speaker 2: Who could have seen it coming?
Speaker 4: And you's a nice guy. Didn't really do anything neighborhood, just.
Speaker 1: Like to listen to his grateful dad. He would turn it up, you know, to sing along to that. All right. There he goes a little Jackson at Cracker Barrel this weekend. Let's start off as we always do. Let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers in the pols as he was having to this great, big, wide.
Speaker 2: World of ours. And we go to a bar and oh hi, oh.
Speaker 1: Who this was the bar as team USA secured a victory in the Olympic gold medal game to wrap up the Olympics. I want to get your first thoughts on this after I play our opening clip here listening everybody here, We go to a bar in Ohio as the US scored pandemonium. My okay, initial thought when you see.
Speaker 4: This party time.
Speaker 1: Shop love to be there. Yeah, nightmare is what I think. It's like eight billion people crammed into this bar. People are swinging around American flags. They're just shoulder not even shouldered as shoulder, that's not even close enough. That literally on top of each other. Ohio at this bar, is.
Speaker 5: There a lot of like Ohio hockey players on the US team.
Speaker 2: Ohio is big into hockey.
Speaker 1: It's a big hockey state, I think, and it seems like they were real focused on what was going on here.
Speaker 2: But this is a no from me.
Speaker 1: I mean, I I love America. I want America to win. I'm glad we beat the Dan Canadians. Send it back with their little stuffed animals or whatever.
Speaker 2: But oh my god, people.
Speaker 1: Are throwing stuff up in the air, Beers are flying everywhere. They're saying, that's a party over on chat. Yeah, it's a party, but it's a nightmare par party.
Speaker 5: I'm going to I'll tell you that I have anxiety just looking at this clip.
Speaker 2: I don't want to do that. I don't want to do it.
Speaker 1: We'll get into more of what happened with the wrap up the Olympics and all the US men's hockey stuff and everything else. I did have one backup opening clip that I figured I'll just share with you guys, as I always do. Anyways, this was an interview in del Ray Beach, beautiful del Ray. It's nice down there, nice spot there in Florida and South Florida, and an interviewer was talking to a tennis player.
Speaker 2: Made a little bit of a.
Speaker 1: Mistake in her question that she asked, let's listening to that one.
Speaker 6: You've played Flavio three times and you've had sex success with.
Speaker 4: Him all three times.
Speaker 1: Why is it that you have had such success against Sebastian. He's a good looking guys. Well done, sir, she says, you've played for Sebastian six times. You have you've had sex with him, which I mean news to this guy probably.
Speaker 5: Unless which is we don't know what's going on here sex.
Speaker 2: What is that implying.
Speaker 6: You've played Flavio three times and you've had sex success with him all three times. Why is it such success against fashioned.
Speaker 1: Is a good looking guys. So you know there's no getting around that once you've said it.
Speaker 5: But rivalry author is just like, all right, we've got our fourth seasons.
Speaker 1: I like how this guy was just like, well, it's out there. She said it. There's no she muscled through too. I have to give it to her. There they go. That's the tennis where that gets. I started on a lovely Monday here on the show, where as I said, it's a fire and ice kind of monday. Here, I got dueling alerts from my next door that say there's gonna be fires because it's it's dry outside, and then I got alerts saying cold freeze. That is going to get freezing cold in the next twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: I'm viewing this like.
Speaker 1: A movie where on one side there's you know, the people with the blue ice gun, and on the other side there's people with a big flame throwing gun and they're they're warring at each other, or like Game of Thrones with the fire and ice dragons having at each other.
Speaker 2: It looks like this is gonna be.
Speaker 1: A weird one, and it's really really strange for those of you in New York. I mean lockdown, lock down all over New York. Whenever there's a blizzard like this, they will tell you stay at home, don't go anywhere. Only people who should travel and who are like necessary i e. Radio hosts. Ah, yes, yeah, we do indeed have permission to drive around in moments like these, but most people are not supposed to do that, so there's like travel bands. Everybody's stuck at home. Hopefully you're hanging out with us. If you're in one of these places locked into the snow a cane up there in New York City, not a good time, but yeah, just wild to see this is Massachusetts. This is this morning, six am, Plymouth, Massachusetts, when the snow acane was hitting. Let's just listen in here. Oh oh gosh, it's getting strong here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: I'd rather be at that bar in Ohio. True, damn month and that's a six hour winds Yeah wow, yeah wow is right. Yeah, this is really pounding down there is this major winter storm hits the Northeast with blizzard warnings in effect the National Weather Service services. It's bringing heavy snow, high winds, blizzard conditions, and coastal flooding across the mid Atlantic and Northeast. They're predicting eighteen inches to two feet of snow along the East Coast. That ain't nothing to sneeze at. New Jersey lockdown, don't go anywhere Jersey, Long Island, lock down, don't.
Speaker 2: Go anywhere Long Island.
Speaker 1: They tell everybody to stay home because wind gusts are going from forty to seventy miles per hour.
Speaker 2: In some of these areas.
Speaker 1: It is a damn snow a cane and we'll see check in with us if you're in one of these places watching the show in the world's most viral newsroom here today I'd love to hear from you. What a time to be freezing cold at least for the next little bit. Is this the end though? Is it?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Courdy was like, this is gonna be the last blast of cold, I hope.
Speaker 4: So that's what I said two blasts ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Maybe, yeah, I mean, I never know. This is around the time every year that we started doing this, So is this it?
Speaker 7: This is it?
Speaker 1: We don't know. I did.
Speaker 3: I ran into a friend on the way uh, you know, at the wall wall, and we were talking about the weather and I was like, it was very weird that Saturday I was in the pool and now to this morning, my heat is on. Yeah, there was a quick, little hot snap.
Speaker 2: There was a moment where Courtney.
Speaker 1: Yesterday she was like, oh, I'm exhausted because I made her watch this this TV show and I was like, oh, it's good.
Speaker 2: You got to check this out.
Speaker 4: Exhausted her.
Speaker 1: It was the movie in the nineties. You're gonna love it. You're gonna love It's called Lord of the Flies. And I said, the BBC did a new version of Lord of the Flies is from the adolescents guy and oh my nor fat, How did the mates so why can't what do you make Lord of the Flies good? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I tried watching one of the old ones that was Forever Ago, and I was because I liked the book was interesting when we I think I there was two different times in grade school where we had to read Lord of the Flies. I think that was a lot more descriptive when we did it in high school than middle school. There were some things they brought up in high school that I was like, I don't remember them talking about this last time around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a fun story. The book is good. It's about these kids who are flying around in the fifties.
Speaker 2: They're going to escape nuclear war.
Speaker 1: They get on a plane, the plane crashes, only the little kids survive. It's like a choir group and some other kids, and they're all different, varying ages. And the idea was is asthmar? Yeah, And the idea was is is violence sort of inherent in young boys in young culture no matter where you come from, or was like Western in European culture somehow civilized and they wouldn't have any problems if they were stranded working with each other as young kids. Like this, it's about young boys working with each other. It's about a million different things like that. Oh my bar fast, and Courtney goes, I think I need to tick anap. I'm getting I'm really tired, and I go, all right, listen to let's turn Piggy TV off here, and I turn it off. And when we go to lay down, it was seventy seven degrees and by the time we went to walk, lady, I think it had dropped almost twenty. Oh, I think it's fast, fast.
Speaker 4: To just I didn't dive down.
Speaker 5: Turned my heat on last night and the house was sixty three degrees. Outside was a good forty nine. But every single animal was at the bed shivering.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I messed up as a pet mom.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, that's cold cold for all involved.
Speaker 1: And in New York City, New York Jersey, everybody down the East Coast, we feel for you today. We know that the travel band was extended down all along the tri state.
Speaker 4: AREASA so pissed pre.
Speaker 1: TSA was shut down for a little while, and then they said, maybe it's back up. We'll get into that hole back and forth in a bit real quick. Let's start off with a couple of emails. Steven emails tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. Hey Sean, he says, Just to show you, I attached the screenshot. This is about the podcast. The last two podcasts are a lot better than they have been. You mentioned you hope us pod listeners are happier now. At least with me, I can say, I am you gotta do w now. If you could transfer that luck to Fritz on the street, that's not happening for me just yet. Michelle emails the show. It says, Hi, I wanted to cheer you up on your Monday. I'm a podcast listener. I try to catch up daily, but weekends are my jam. The podcast on iHeartRadio is perfect all week long at the timing was spot on, The commercials fellow right into place, no skipping or other annoyances that others have complained about. Did you walk on water this weekend? You must have love you all long time? Listen from West Palm Beach. Can I request a West Palm pomp Pom Palm? Where do I? I always lose that one, don't I? I think? Did I kill it? No, There's no way I would have killed it. I just I would not have done that, not on purpose. Yeah, No, I mean manslaughter. I must have this, I do, I do, I do right here, PM, there you go after all that.
Speaker 2: Just a lot of working for you.
Speaker 1: Michelle there and as Steve emails and he says, hello, all, I'm a podcast listener. I wanted to comment about poker being a sport. The one thing that most people don't realize is you're playing against almost ten thousand players.
Speaker 2: You have to go through before the final table.
Speaker 1: He says. Well, I used to play in college for extra money, and sometimes you have to be in on a game for ten to twelve hours. It takes a lot of mental toughness. Also, when's the next merch drop? He says, And then he asked about Fritz on the street. Thank you appstely loved the show, says Steven. All right, Steven, all right, everybody, let's get fired up. We got a big day at a big show ahead of us. We'll try to stay warm together when we come back. There was a man with a gun and a can of gas at mar A Lago. Epstein brought him there. He says, What the hell went down this weekend? I got the press conference, I got all the juicy stuff.
Speaker 2: We'll find out together.
Speaker 1: What was happening here and that is coming up next on the News Junkie. We'll get into this mar A Lago incident over the weekend, which was crazy. Another finding out some text messages that this guy who ended up getting shot by authorities as he approached mar A Lago with a shotgun and in a gas can. I've got the press conference and all of that stuff here in just a moment. I wanted to share something with you though, because I was talking about this this weekend Courtney's parents and Courtney and I went out to dinner and we're hanging out, and I said, you know, of all the things that have made me feel old, there was one thing in the last week or so that has made me feel old. And this was bdmp over on Twitter slash x, who sent over what's going on in schools right now? For the social studies fairy right? Social Studies Fair? Yeah, I guess they have a science fair and then a social studies fair. Now never heard of the second thing? Yeah, this one you have to pick like you had to pick some sort of historic event and then you have to make a presentation about the historic event. And it makes me feel so old that all the kids just do nine to eleven and tell you this. This is inside one of these Uh, this is in Vlusha County, Florida. All the kids do like twin towers that are all like full of smoke. There's another one here. There's a plane in the building.
Speaker 5: An impressive structure. Yeah, that's not where the plane hit, though.
Speaker 1: The plane looks a lot better than the building. Every every single child who was doing this social studies product project, they all because nine to eleven is now so many years ago. They all chose nine to eleven and all the kids are like, way back in two thousand and one was the year just barely into two thousands, and then this attack happened where planes hit a building. And not only has this happened, Courtney's mom goes, yeah, when when when Courtney's niece had this happen at her school? They had to interview somebody who quote lived.
Speaker 2: Through nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: They go, hold on, that sounds like it's a very low barrier to entry. Is it an interview somebody who was alive on September eleventh, two thousand and one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, not somebody who was in New York, Not somebody who was in Washington, d.
Speaker 1: C just existed on the same planet at that time.
Speaker 2: It's just like you remember this.
Speaker 1: And when I heard about this, I thought, oh god, that's so weird because I've listened to so many interviews of older people telling stories of historical events. For instance, be like, you know, the Great Depression, and they bring them into a college class and they say, these two women here lived through the Great Depression. Now we're gonna have them give a little opening statement, and then you guys can ask any question to somebody who lived through the Great Depression. And the women were so kind of like, yeah, you guys really want want to know about this, you really want to Okay, and they and it was it was interesting listening to their answers, and I wasn't thralled by but they seemed so bored by it. And I thought, so funny, because is that how it's going to be for us now?
Speaker 2: We're like, no, is it like living through nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: Mister Lane?
Speaker 3: No, you think even more recently, like sometime sometime in the future, they could ask us like, hey, we want you to go talk to these kids about what it was like living through COVID, and they're gonna want like a certain version of what they think that the story we're going to tell and you can't.
Speaker 1: Invite Uncle Randy to that. It's well, it's like I'll tell you the scam demic. I'll tell you the truth.
Speaker 3: There's that, I mean, I mean we got to get back to the nine eleven think and a second.
Speaker 2: But uh, there's that.
Speaker 1: There's the you want to hear you know what what was hard about COVID? You know what was you know? Uh, did you guys lose jobs? Did you go this? Did you have to go? And for me, I don't think.
Speaker 3: They want to hear that, like, oh, I had a job the whole time.
Speaker 1: Traffic was really good, drank a bunch, didn't get to see didn't get to go to bars as much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but we were friends with some bars that would sneak us in.
Speaker 4: So I was like legal, but so weird.
Speaker 1: Do you guys have listened to things now that kids would want to interview you about, Like, Hey, Sabrina, do you remember what it was like on nine to eleven?
Speaker 2: Where were you and what was going on?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: You you can.
Speaker 5: Tell you When I was their age, I was interviewing very old man who was in World War two, and if I were to share that to a kid who's interviewing me, they're like, we're not covering that. Can you do the COVID and nine eleven stuff?
Speaker 4: Please?
Speaker 1: Wow? I went what year do you think that was when you were interviewing somebody who was like a old man from World War Two?
Speaker 5: Let's say sixth grade, which came two thousand and one.
Speaker 1: So two thousand and what we talking about twenty five years ago?
Speaker 2: A quarter century.
Speaker 1: He's dead, So that would have been like that would have been the equivalent of you interviewing somebody from like I guess the Vietnam War would be the closest one. Like at that point, that's where we're at, where at that point now lives They'll be like you were alive when the planes hit the towers at the country song Social Yeah, at this social studies fair. Are any of these kids presenting a different version of the facts than than the norm?
Speaker 4: Are there?
Speaker 1: Is there a trifle board with big you know the jet fuel doesn't melt steel beans? Oh? I hope, So I hope. There's one kid who talked to Uncle Randy and he's like, look, I can tell you right here on building seven was where there was.
Speaker 2: A controlled demolition that took place.
Speaker 3: For example, I think I told you before that somebody came and talked to my Uh it was my private school, so I was in elementary school and they came to tell us about the Civil War. And the very first thing this man said was it wasn't a real civil war because we broke a part of the country. We became and the South became its own country, so it's technically not a civil war. And I was like, uh huh I At the time, I go wow, And now looking back, I go, whoa.
Speaker 1: He was like one step away from heritage, not hate. He's like, look, the rebel flag means different things to different people. They must have to deal with this stuff. There must be one kid who goes in with his nine of lines. This was an invited speaker.
Speaker 3: It wasn't even like it was some kid who's got the uncle Randy. This was a guy that just came to teach us about the war and that was his first lesson.
Speaker 2: That makes me feel so old though.
Speaker 1: It literally one of the first things where I go, I'm I've reached historic age, Like I've reached an age now where little kids in a class would be like, tell us about the planes hitting the building. There's a level now that we've gotten to, and I guess there's no way to deal with this other than just hit it head on.
Speaker 5: Now, if you get this interview, are you gonna fluff it up a little bit?
Speaker 1: I might have to because my real story is not exciting. I was at a radio station, you know.
Speaker 4: So here we go, John, Where were you in nine to eleven?
Speaker 1: What happened at this I was one of the al Qaeda members who was.
Speaker 2: I was?
Speaker 1: I really want to I want to really make these kids excited about history. That's the most important thing. The other part's already done with. It's already happened. The buildings are gone. In fact, they put a new one up. Yeah. Spoiler alert, Yeah they put a new one up there. It's happened that way. Okay, a couple of things here that wanted to get to You can email the show always tips to the news junker dot com. We're gonna get into this moral lago thing that happened and what motivated this twenty one year old It was reported missing from his family in North Carolina and then apparently drove in a car, maybe even bought a shotgun along the way, grabbed his shotgun and a gas can and started walking up towards mar A Lago.
Speaker 2: Trump's not even there.
Speaker 1: Trump was at the White House at the time in Washington, DC. And this guy comes up with it with a shotgun and a gas can and it gets blasted. And now we've got some text messages and whatnot from this guy. But it is a Monday on the show. That means a lot of stuff around here. It's a busy show with always something going on. It is also a rate my blank Monday, all right, And for this rate my blank flashing back to last week, as you guys might remember, and to Courtney's right, my nine eleven story, segueing out of that, seguing out of.
Speaker 4: Let's say that for later this year, we.
Speaker 1: Could, we could, we could retrace those steps that we need to. But it's ray my Batman voice, all right, trace them back. So last week I said, I was I was watching TV with Courtney and we were watching a forty eight hours episode where some guy busted in to his ex wife's house and he was dressed up as Batman, and he had learned to do the Batman voice and googled like, how to do the Batman voice? See bad? I am't the but I'm Batman and what better than that? I'm sure you'll you'll arrive at and Courtney did the Batman voice and I just about walked away. It was like dead on Batman voice, and I said, that's embarrassing. He just blew me out of the water. And she will never do it again. But I want to hear what you have, so rate my blank today, Senator dispatch, Let's see what you have for your Batman voice. As dumb and corney as the sounds, I want to hear what you got. Record years over at the news Junkie dot com will crown a winner and give you a prize for the best one sent in. Go hear all the submissions over on the News Junkie dot Com of the Dispatches section, hit like on the ones you like, et cetera, et cetera. All Right to the details about this Maral Lagos shooting. What was going on in this guy's mind? I got the police press conference. We'll listen to that and a whole lot more on the way, and it's all coming up next in the News Junkie. Many things happening today as per usual on planet Earth, from the freezing cold, to the cartel chaos in Mexico to this thing that we're gonna get to later at the BAFTA Award show with the taret Stude, and all kinds.
Speaker 2: Of things to get into.
Speaker 1: But one of the big stories over the weekend was out of mar A Lago and the President wasn't even there. President Trump wasn't even at mar A Lago, but somebody showed up and had a shotgun and a gas can and was approaching mar A Lago when this twenty one year old who had been reported missing his family reported and missing from North Carolina. When this twenty one year old started to approach the officers, who of course have a significant presence at marra A Lago, the President's home in South Florida, they said, put it down, put the gun down, and he put the gas can down, which are ain't gonna do it. I had a gun, sw dragon, put the gun down, put the gas can down, put the shotgun up to shooting height, and they obviously opened fire on this guy and shot him at a Swiss cheese and the twenty one year old was killed this weekend at mar A Lago, possibly trying to kill the President who wasn't there. The motivation on this we'll get to in a moment, but I have the press conference real quick, so let's see what we get out of that.
Speaker 7: There's a Sheriff Bradshaw. I'm the sheriff of pop Beach County. I have with b from the FBI, Special Agent in Charge Brett Skiles, Special Agent in Charge Rafael Burials from the Secret Service. Also, I have Resident Agent Charge David Clancy at one this morning right to it. I like Jill detected a individual.
Speaker 1: By the way, just a quick note, told what Nino or whatever his name is, nanos and Nanos over in Arizona with the gut three ks.
Speaker 2: This is how you do a press conference.
Speaker 1: This is Sheriff Bradshaw, who walks up to the microphone. Hey everybody, here's who I I am, Here's who's with me, Here's what's going on.
Speaker 7: And made his way into the inner perimeter of Barlago. A deputy and two Secret Service agents from the detail went to that area to investigate. They confronted a white male that was carried a gas can and a shotgun. He was ordered to drop those two pieces of equipment that he had with them, at which time he put down the gas can raised the shotgun to a shooting position.
Speaker 1: At that point in.
Speaker 7: Time, the deputy and the two Secret Service agents fired their weapons and neutralized the threat.
Speaker 1: Neutralized the threat, which was a twenty one year old named Austin Tucker Martin from North Carolina, twenty one years old, allegedly revved up by the Epstein drama and saying that you gotta do something about this. We can't just back and let this happen. A big shocker. There's all of these things that keep happening in life and in politics, and when I watch them, I go, it's so obvious to me what the reaction is going to be like when you tell everybody that an election was stolen and then they make a run on the Capitol Building on January sixth, you know, very little surprise when you tell people that democracy is being stolen from them.
Speaker 2: That's how they react.
Speaker 1: When you tell people that there is a global cabal of child sex predators who are using pizza language to hide what they got going on with these young girls, and President Trump was doing it like Ted lu I think who last week was out there saying things as irresponsible as like Trump had sex with little girls, say something like that he said at this press conference. Then you get people all fired up about this. And of course, if they think there's a satanic pedophilic cult running the United States of America, of course some crazies are gonna grab guns and do this stuff. It's the inevitable outcome of these weirdos and grifters who know better. They know better, but they don't care. They don't care, and they fire things up like this. And this guy, I mean, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. I know he was targeting mar A Lago. Obviously he had a gun, he had the gas can. And some people will be like, well, maybe he was going for a suicide by cop thing, but you don't need a gas can for that, and you don't need to drive to mar A Lago from from North Carolina for that. But that's what the guy did, and he may have even purchased the gun. On the way there.
Speaker 2: They found the gun in a they found.
Speaker 1: A box like a like like he had purchased the gun and removed it from the box and then you know, walked out onto the lawn of mar A Lago and tried to do this. Yeah, I guess so. Yes, it's just shotgun. It's the traditional shotgun. You know, you said you didn't need a gas can for suicide by secret service or cop or whatever. But I'll so a lot of the times that people go that route, not everything is on the up and up mental wise. Yeah, that's well, I mean that's true, and I think that's part of this for sure. See which on YouTube says, why isn't irresponsible to report the truth? Do you think the truth is what Ted lu said that Trump was having sex with little kids? I'll wait, oh yeah, I'll wait for your response. Do you think that that is the truth. Do you think it's responsible to platform that and to say that. Do you think that the inevitable outcome of that isn't that somebody's going to go, well, if these people are being protected and this is what's actually happening. If you think that's the truth, you are gone. Your brain has melted, You've been lost in the sauce. You're part of the political people if that's what you believe. But that's I think what this guy believes. I think he was deep, deep into it. I'll get to his text messages in just a moment.
Speaker 7: He is deceased at the Saint I'll give you a picture of the shotgun in the gas can to have with you. So that's what we know now. The investigation continues. The FBI is the lead investigation agency on this case, and we will be assisting them in whatever manner they would like, and they will be responsible for answering any other questions at an appropriate time.
Speaker 2: Are there's the sheriff, I bet good.
Speaker 8: Morning getting My name is Brett scoles On, the specially in charge for the FBI's Miami Field Office. First of all, have to thank the Secret Service and published Sheriff's office for their quick response in this matter and a close collaboration since this area of the shooting was under Secret Service protection at the time. The FBI is assaising the investigation.
Speaker 1: Currently, our evers response.
Speaker 8: Team is processing the scene, collecting evidence, and we'll continue to work the scene for as long as it takes. One thing I would ask the public is if you live in the area of the shooting, please check your exterior.
Speaker 1: Cameras last night early this morning.
Speaker 8: If you see saying that look suspicious are out of place, please contact us at one eight hundred, call FBI or contact the West Palm Beach Sheriff's office.
Speaker 1: All right, there they are. That's the FEDS in the locals out there. They eventually showed a photograph I believe. Oh here it is of the shotgun. It's like the worst photo. Look at this looks like, you know what my printer gets into that spot where the guys make fun of me.
Speaker 4: What is that? It looks like an old facts.
Speaker 1: It's a photo that they printed out of the shotgun. I can barely make out the shotgun on the ground here, and it's just mostly just a black photo. But that's the gun. Still no word on whether or not the gun was loaded. I don't know if he had it loaded or what. You know, what was going on beyond this guy's obvious intent to walk up there with a gun and a gas can. But they showed this photograph didn't really reveal all that much from the scene, and the details that came in afterwards were much more interesting. I think who was a twenty one year old North Carolina man who has killed at mar A Lago after raising a shotgun at officers. Austin Tucker Martin was his name. That's what's going to happen. Every time you raise a shotgun coming up on mar A Lago. They're going to do exactly that. A couple of twists and turns in this. Here's some of the family members speaking out. Family member of armed man who breached mar A Lago perimeter describes personality and politics. They said the twenty one year old was from a family of quote big Trump supporters and quote wouldn't even hurt an aunt. This is according to one of the family members. Brendan Field is a cousin, who described the man with the gun as quiet, afraid of guns, and from a family of avid Trump supporters. All right. They said. They described him as generous, saying, you would regularly donate money he earned from work at a local golf course to charity. He wouldn't even hurt an aunt. He doesn't even know how to use a gun, he says. And that's what that family member says about this. Meanwhile, we learned from some text message, and this is from TMZ, that the mar Alago arm gunman was fixated on the Epstein files all right, a week before the shooting was fixated on the Epstein files. Here is one of the text messages or I don't know if this is a text or from another service. RCS, Yeah, that's a text. RCS is that's what your text messages are now. SMS is kind of going the way of the dodo. Is this on a like an Android phone or something?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: Because the interface looks unfamiliar to me. The person said, I'm glad you're benefiting. And the guy who went to mar A Lago with the gun and the gas said, I don't know if you've read up on the Epstein files, but evil is real and unmistakable.
Speaker 2: The best people like you and I.
Speaker 1: Can do is use what little influence we have tell other people about what you hear about the Epstein files and what the government is doing about it. Raise awareness. He said in this particular text message that TMZ is posting sources who worked with Austin at the Pine Needles Lodge and Golf Club in North Carolina. Tel TMZ became fixated on the Epstein case following the latest release of information tied to the files. He said he was deeply disturbed by what he believed was a government cover up and talked about powerful people quote getting away with it is the quote that the fellow coworker has used. At the same time, he was outspoken about his Christian faith and political views were told he regularly expressed support for Trump, telling colleagues as recently as late last year he believed Trump was a strong leader. I guess he changed his mind on that huh gone account of the files. People close to Martin described him as well meaning but increasingly frustrated, particularly about the economy, where total he often complained that young people need two jobs or roommates to afford moving out. He still lived with his parents. Austin tried to start a union at work to push for higher rate wages, but no one signed on. Oh boy. Outside of his job, he was a sketch artist attempting to sell drawings of local scenery and people around town, and he was shot and killed after breaching the secure perimeter at mar Lago on Sunday. He was near the north gate carrying a shotgun in a fuel can. The investigation remains ongoing. So there you go. That's what we know about this guy. Austin was his name. I believe who Austin Tucker Martin who showed up at mar a Lago. I guess former fan of the president, not so much anymore.
Speaker 3: But I've seen other people, you know, change their mind on stuff like this. I've seen some people who are like very check it on Facebook and then they're They're like, no.
Speaker 1: Now he needs to be arrested. Yeah, no, this this guy's went to the gas cannon shotgun routes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I won't be able to vote.
Speaker 1: Uh. And he is dead, Yes, he is indeed dead as a result of all of this. But let us know what you've heard, what you're thinking, your thoughts on all of this. As per usual, send a dispatch over at the news Junkie dot com thenewsjunkie dot com. Very easy for you to do. A lot of people are emailing the show. This is Mike to tips the Newsjunkie dot com. Mike says, I work at a property that's a little north of mar A Lago on Palm Beach. I signed up for notifications from the town so I know when the roads are closed for Trump coming in or roadwork. On Sunday, I received a notification that's Southern Boulevard, big road for those of you who don't know, was closed around mar A Lago. I found this odd because Trump usually comes in on Fridays. Then I saw the news. Boy, this neighborhood has degraded into crazy town. Since that, says Mike, I would imagine, you know, it's going to bring in all of the a flock of people. I don't know why I'm squeezed half of an F word out there. I don't know you squeeze there.
Speaker 5: It's a five phrase another country song for today's show.
Speaker 1: I didn't get to the K, all right, And my defence I was soft sea territory, that F word that I was tossing out there a little little bit, little dear FCC, I am innocent because I didn't say the K.
Speaker 5: And also see attached photo and tell me it's not a flock of fing people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there there was chaos there. I'm sure afterwards chaos. All right, all right, quick break.
Speaker 2: When we come.
Speaker 1: Back, we'll see what you have on your mind. Email the show, tips at the news Junki dot com, t I p s at the News Junkie dot Com. Don't try to get me to say it again over on chat. Okay, all right, I got to move past this. We got enough trouble around here. Right now. We are going to take a quick break when we come back. My favorite funny clip of the weekend that we have to get into, A shocking email from one of you. Just unbelievable. What was sent to me this weekend in my inbox and I'll bring it to you that's coming up next in the News Junkie. Don't forget you could always watch us when this show is live a full production.
Speaker 2: I'd encourage you to do it.
Speaker 1: Check it out today watch us YouTube dot com Slash the Newsjunkie YouTube dot com Slash the News Junkie got an email.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend.
Speaker 1: It was pretty crazy that I want to get into in just a moment, but I play here at this point in the show. What was my favorite clip of the weekend? Just because I thought it was kind of a fun debate. I thought it was an interesting debate, but more of a fun debate than a lot of the other stuff that was going on, like the turetts at the Awards show clip and some of that that we'll get into a little bit later on, like the Mexican cartel violence, which we'll also get to. But this popped up this weekend and it's a clip from c Span and I don't know if either of you saw this, but on c SPAN, after the Supreme Court had shot down Trump's legal justification for the tariffs kind of up ended his tariff plans and make them go back to the drawing board to redo the justification for the tariffs that the United States is putting on these other countries. Somebody called in to se Span. Now over on Sea Span, this is a tough gig. It is a tough gig. I'm not kidding. I mean it. There are shows where they have a Republican line, a Democrat line, and then like an independent line, and the host just has to sit there and take phone calls from these old o's, and the old o's are like, I was watching this and no, no, and they're angry. Oh are they angry? And for whatever they're focused on for the moment, they're very, very pissed off. And one of them called that was mad about this whole situation with the Supreme Court ruling. Was a person named John Baron, which if you know the history in the eighties and nineties, and this is true, this part is true. In the eighties and nineties, President Trump and Donald Trump, the businessman at the time, had found that a lot of his publicists weren't doing good work for him, and so he pretended to be his own publicist, a guy named John Baron. Oh and there's President's here.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: He would get on the phone and he would call the Wall Street Journal and he'd be like, look, Trump is the best, you know.
Speaker 2: He would go out and he.
Speaker 1: Would be his own spokesperson, because nobody's a better spokesperson for himself than himself. And so this call comes in to c SPAN. C SPAN has only confirmed that it was a real call and that it was not AI, and the call was from somebody identifying themselves as John Baron. You decide, well, this is.
Speaker 9: John Baron, and you have look you have. This is the worst decision you ever have any life. Practically, Jack and Jexicano agree with me, right, but this is a terrible decision. You have Hakeem Jeffries.
Speaker 1: Who he's a dope, and you have Chuck.
Speaker 9: Schumer, who can't cooka cheeseburger. Of course these people are happy, of course these people are happy, but true Americans will not be happy.
Speaker 1: And you have the woman earlier.
Speaker 9: I assume she's a woman, she's a Democrat, but she said she's she's a disgraced she's devastated, all.
Speaker 4: Right by this? Out of the next call and it's I mean his nose, right, do you hear it?
Speaker 1: Like? There are two possibilities. It could be Trump himself calling in his John Baron plugging his nose, or it's a Trump impersonator who knows this this tidbit of history and is calling it is John Baron, And it's a good impersonation, right, no matter what if it's If it's not him, it sounds a lot like Trump, at least to me. I think it fell off a little bit after the cheeseburger part. But at the beginning, He's like, worst decision ever.
Speaker 9: Well, this is John there, and you have look, this is the worst decision you ever have in your life, practically, Jack, and Jack's canna agree with me, right, but this is a terrible decision. And you have Hakeem Jeffries, who he's a dope, and you have Chuck Schumer, who can't cook a cheeseburger.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that linees about, by the way, who can't cook a cheeseburger. That's that's why I think this is an impersonator. There's a couple of the words that I think he falls off on, and then.
Speaker 3: The I think some of this is just a bit. So he's like, what can I say about Chuck Schumer? Let me mad libs this thing real quick.
Speaker 1: Can't cook it. You could like shuffle a.
Speaker 3: Deck of cards against humanity cards and read them in Trump's voice, and they would they would plug in.
Speaker 1: There blank and blank can't blank a blank, right, Chuck can't cook a cheeseburger. That's what you plot in there. And then a lot of people run with it. Somebody says the President, and jeffrees it can't operate an elevator. You know. Jamie says on on X the President that I say, it's called into a cable news show and her a fake name to complain about how unfair everybody's to him.
Speaker 2: You can't make this s up.
Speaker 1: He is unwell that people either like completely bought it or didn't. I think it's just an impersonator. But it was a good it was a good gag. It was a good it was a good bit, and they did a good job like rolling through the character and that I enjoyed it. So let us know, maybe you think it really was Trump tell us what your thoughts are. The story says was it actually the US President? Some believe it was a talented personator calling into the show. C Span confirms the call was real and live, not AI generated. However, the caller's identity remains unknown. They say, so there you go, that was a fun little tidbit over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Then call him back.
Speaker 1: On those systems, don't you. They must, right, they would have to. I think, all right, we got some emails to get into here. But I was talking about how over the weekend I got an email. I'm not even sure how much of this I can play, and I risk screwing up as I did earlier and just tossing out some some bad words. But someone sent me an email over the weekend, and it says, good afternoon, junkies. My sister and brother in law were in Walmart yesterday when a shooting occurred. Oh they said they were in a pint Pointsianna Walmart and they said a shooting occurred. Not sure if you guys covered it today as a podcast listener. I attached the video of them barricaded in the office of the Automotive Center. My one year old nephew is the one singing in the background. And my brother in law works private security. He's the one speaking with the cops in the video, and he sends in a video they were at a walmart when a shooting took place, and you get, oh, that's so crazy. You hear the little kid that because there's alarm bells going off everywhere inside this walmart and this person filmed this and sentiment thank you for sending it to tips at the news junker dot com. There's alarm bells going off, but kids don't understand this stuff obviously, so the little kids just singing along. You hear the historal arms going off. He's just singing in all reality, Yeah, go on, in all reality, he's making a giant target out of the family that's trying to hide in this. Yeah, this is not great. They're hiding behind the car batteries at this walmart, filming themselves and then eventually they end up getting out of there. Let me see, can I fast forward? They won't let me be fast forward for some reason. Okay, at some point here the police come out. Hang on, let me grab this sel and so I can play it a different way.
Speaker 2: Uh, And then I'll see if I can.
Speaker 1: Fast forward a little bit, because at some point a police officer gun drawn, pops in so real.
Speaker 3: Quick while you're while you're pulling that up, are we too assume? I mean, Walmart doesn't have like a an alarm first situations like this. Do you think somebody just pulled the fire alarm?
Speaker 1: It could be that maybe they do have an emergency alarm for such cases like this. Somebody w works at Walmart. Let us know here they are now when the the police are coming in, stay by the dumb button. J Just a kid, keep your hands up, everybody, keep your hands up. Let's go.
Speaker 2: All right, he's heading out there.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that wet cop of the gun drawn pointing a gun right at him as he's walking out of this wall Automotive center. Sit right over here, right by the car. All right.
Speaker 2: Then they clear out the Walmart.
Speaker 1: Just crazy. Thank you for sending that over. Must be Friday, thank god. The little child is kid's too young to remember. He's not going to remember what was going on here in this case, thankfully. That's probably the best part I could take away from this. It was like a sixteen year old shoplifting suspect got shot and killed, and who shot up security or the police. I'm looking through. Yeah, let me know if there's any update on that, because I did see that the story was out there, but I and I did see that it was somebody was shot for trying to steal something, but I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Osfield County Sheriff's Office identified the person shot and killed by a deputy inside of Point Stanna Walmart as a sixteen year old boy who was armed with a handgun and was approaching other customers while running away from deputies.
Speaker 2: God almighty man, what that You.
Speaker 1: Threw your whole life away?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 1: Steal something in a Walmart? Stop? Please?
Speaker 2: Good God.
Speaker 1: DC emails tips at the News Junkie dot Com. DC says, Hey, news junk you love the show. My brother said something to me that made me think, what if Savannah Guthrie's mom talking about the Nancy Guthrie case. What if savannahs Guthrie's mom was a message for anybody talking about the Epstein files. Wasn't she the one that gave the first interview to the victim that committed suicide?
Speaker 2: Just the thought, love you guys.
Speaker 1: DC. People are conspiracy crazy with this stuff. There's no evidence whatsoever to suggest there's any tie between those two things, but you know, it is what it is. Ken says to tips in the news Junki dot Com, Sean, if you try to sound out the letters for the FCC, you'll get something that sounds like that word you said that they had to dump earlier. Yeah, that's true. That's their fault. Really, I could blame it on them. I was saying, FCC, you know how you say words like that. You know that's my excuse, and I am sticking to It's okay, other insane ramblings coming in. We'll get some of these at some point in time. I think right now we're going to take a quick break. When we come back, we still got to talk about this big award show kerfuffle over Turet. Somebody with Turett's at the event. What's happening at the airport with TSA pre check. There's a lot of confusion about that. And if you are somebody who is trying to travel this week, you're gonna want to know about this. And if you're trying to travel to Mexico, boy, oh boy, boy oh boy, are.
Speaker 2: There some things you should know?
Speaker 1: And we'll talk about what happened with the cartel situation this weekend, all of that coming up next, and then to use junk Kie an update on the story God was a This was a frustrating one and one that really made me kind of angry in a way about this woman who abandoned the dog at Harry Reid Airport in Las Vegas, Nevada. The dog which was since dubbed the Jet Blue still not a great name, not a great name, but this dog was abandoned by this woman who showed up Jemiron Bryce in twenty six years old. And she didn't do any of the paperwork, but she was like, this is my service animal. And they said, ma'am, you can't bring that animal in a fight with you, and she just abandoned the dog. And then the most obnoxious, insane, unhinged, antisocial thing that this woman did afterwards was there was a ten day hold on the dog and she never went to get it. She never attempted to contact them. She just gave up the dog. And it was a cute thing, a golden doodle or something something something, Yeah, some poofy little fluf dog, a cute one. And when the people from TSA or security at the airport came over in Las Vegas to this abandoned dog. It immediately was being sweet with them and they were patting the dog. And now they were hoping that they could find someplace that this dog could stay.
Speaker 2: And the update is a good one.
Speaker 1: A dog abandoned at read Airport this month has officially found his forever home. You'll love to hear it. This woman was booked on charges of animal abandonment, resisting arrest, and providing a false statement to or obstructing a police officer. At the time the dog was deserted, several airport employees at the Jet Blue counter were seen on video stepping in to help the animal and name the dog Jet Blue. As a result, I would change that new dog owner. Yeah, I'm gonna change that up. But confusing the dog. Yeah. Jet Blue Airlines also donated six thousand dollars to retrieve a rescue of Las Vegas where the dog was taken. Following rescue, dog is named Yeah. The dog's new owner, though, is a Las Vegas police officer who responded the scene that day and immediately reached out to make sure the dog was getting helped. The officer and his family were also approved for adoptions through retriever rescue. So now the police officer who met the dog that day has taken in the dog and Jet Blue as a forever home. That's sweet. You love to hear it.
Speaker 2: You love to hear it.
Speaker 5: And I'm glad that lady got a bunch of charges too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope that other lady gets all sorts of bad things happening to her.
Speaker 2: STDs something that.
Speaker 1: Itches for a long time. Oh maybe one on the eyeball itself, the surface of the of the eye right with the That's the kind of thing that somebody who does that stuff deserves. It's one of the greatest barometers to testing metrics that you could ever use. Does a person do something mean, selfish, or abusive to a dog? If the answer is yes, that person is almost one hundred percent worthless, one hundred percent of the time more accurate than sex panther one hundred percent of the time. Somebody who treats an animal like that is a bad, nasty human being. And I'm glad at least the dog has a good place to stay moving forward.
Speaker 2: It would appear meanwhile, staying.
Speaker 1: At the airport, because that's where we stay many times on this show a lot of viral stuff happens at the airport. The TSA said Sunday this weekend that pre check and Global Entry programs were being shut down because there's like a partial government shutdown underway that nobody's really talking about. I said, you can't get in. You can't get in the Washington Post saying shutdowns have serious real world consequences, not just for the men and women of DHS and their families that go without a paycheck. It endangers are national security. That is the DHS Secretary Christy Nome. They shut down pre check last government shutdown, I don't know, and then they very quickly reversed on this sea lane.
Speaker 2: So let me bring up.
Speaker 1: The update on that, because after I saw that they had shut down pre check, and then I saw that they reversed it.
Speaker 3: If the if the partial government is shut down, does that mean all their dot gov websites have banners up top that say this is a shutdown because of the Democrats and the las Oh.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Radical might have that back up again. DHS abruptly versus suspension of TSA pre check. This story says from CNBC, the Transportation Security Administration said pre check airport security lanes are operating normally, DHS said. Global Entry, however, is suspended. What's global Entry is that like pre check for people in the around the world. It's a customs related thing.
Speaker 5: But you can essentially, I've used it before, you're on the plane and you can take a selfie, fill out the forums and go into a separate line.
Speaker 4: That's much quicker when it comes, so you.
Speaker 1: You get like a VIP rush through customs basically.
Speaker 4: Now PRETSA I paid seventy five dollars for.
Speaker 2: Why is the other one that costs money?
Speaker 5: Oh, it's just an app that I used, maybe, or unless I'm mixing it up with something else.
Speaker 1: I think you are.
Speaker 4: Oh, man, what pre check is one of them?
Speaker 1: The other one is global Entry whatever that is. If what you're talking about is global Entry, that's what it is, then I don't know. That's something different. But it says pre check is operational with no change for the traveling public. As staffing constraints arise, TSA will evaluate on a case by case basis, they said. DHS early Sunday said pre checking Global Entry program We're scheduled to take effect at six am on Sunday, but I guess that did not happen. They ended up shutting that whole thing down. I don't even know how all this works. I know that I keep saying I'm gonna get pre check and then I never get it, and I really, honestly should I got it it yet? How much was it again?
Speaker 5: Seventy five bucks for five years.
Speaker 2: That's a good deal. Yeah.
Speaker 5: And when I went and got it, I had to go to the airport for my appointment.
Speaker 4: Where are they?
Speaker 5: Essentially, and I've scheduled an appointment, asked me the same questions in the form I filled out, And since then they've opened up offices that you can go to.
Speaker 4: One that's very close.
Speaker 1: I didn't mine at a what's the office supply store stables? Yeah, something like that, and you just go in there, easy pasy. So out of fat there's a lady with a little kiosk and uh, she was about to shut down for the day, but I had the baby, so she's like, oh, cute baby here, I'll turn it back on. That baby is useful for things like that. Yeah, little Jackson is a key to get through some of those gates. Sometimes there is a difference between global entry and pre check globals best for international travelers. It's expedited customs entry and full pre check benefits. Global entry comes with pre check, so global entry costs a little more. But there is what I was where I was confused with what Sabrina was saying.
Speaker 3: There is a thing that you could do on an app if you are like returning to the United States going through cust was coming from another country, and you can do it all up on the app.
Speaker 2: You take a selfie, it.
Speaker 3: Has your passport on it, and then you get a shorter line, you know, coming back through customs and it's free.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Going into Europe, I was kind of blown away by the airport and how customs work there and maybe this is a little different. Well, and actually wasn't. It was the same for almost everybody. I think almost everybody went into a big pen like a corral, and then you answered the questions on that like digital form, and then there wasn't.
Speaker 2: Even a person.
Speaker 1: It was just like a like an iPad, took a picture of your face and they like enter the country.
Speaker 2: All right, see what here we go.
Speaker 1: You're now a free to move about the country. Yeah, And I did, and I thought that was it seemed easy and maybe maybe too easy, but uh yeah, that was the way that worked there. But pre check TSA pre check is still open despite this partial shutdown that's been dragging on in case you're going to the airports now, you know. All right, let me refresh the dispatches and work in a couple of these. Oh god, I hesitate to play any of these rate by blank entries for the Batman voice thing. But why would you never see Batman on a date in the daytime? He only comes at night. Mm okay, at least we got left in his own laugh track. We cuts nice.
Speaker 2: We like that coming in Ryan.
Speaker 1: Hello, junkies. Oh how do you like my Batman voice?
Speaker 2: That's pretty deep?
Speaker 1: Wiggle wiggle pop pop man kicking, I'm Batman and I'm robing. Okay, uh, these are all stupid, just just spoiler alert, Good morning news, chunkie.
Speaker 4: Nope, I am creating.
Speaker 1: You don't sound like Batman. You just sell like a sex predator.
Speaker 5: Like the calls coming from inside the house and under the bed.
Speaker 1: That's creepy, man, What is that? All right? Okay, there you go. That's that's that's enough. That is enough. Our last one know is hi, I'm Batman. Okay, you should stop doing crime. Stab it. I kind of like that one.
Speaker 4: Actually that.
Speaker 1: Was danger, yeah, danger, all right, all right, we're gonna put danger on the list because of his stop it all right, there you go. Lots of other dispatches are coming in and we will get to them momentarily here on the show. Uh and rate my blank is for some stupid reason, rate my Batman voice. So record yours and send it over today. Win yourself a sweet little prize if you're a fan of the show. Okay, I wanted to get into the cartel stuff. We only have a little bit of time, so let me just give you a couple of details before we find out what's coming up on the next episode. They killed a cartel boss.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 1: Mexican authorities killed a Mexican drug cartel boss named El Menchomo. Mean, let's see, can we get a can we get some information? Does Almnho rise to the point where he has a Wikipedia page? I don't know if I've seen that before. I don't know much about Elmento, so learn does he really? Okay? I mean, I don't know why. I'm surprised. He's like a big time that's his name. What was that say? One more time?
Speaker 4: Nemicio n E M E s I.
Speaker 1: And all right, okay, servantes, this guy is dead now elmnhow they said he was a real bad dude. Whole areas of western Mexico have been shut down after a surgeon cartel violence sparked by a military raid that killed one of the world's most wanted drug traffickers, known as Elementcho. Schools were closed in several Mexican states. Foreign governments warned their cities to stay inside after the drug lord was declared dead on Sunday. The fifty nine year old cartel leader was killed during a shootout after the Mexican military attempted to capture him in a raid supported by intelligence from Washington. The US has been pushing its southern neighbor to take more aggressive action against groups trafficking fentanyl, methamphetamine, and cocaine. And yeah, the drugs are bad, and yeah, the drugs are a reason to do this, but it's not the only or even the biggest reason. It is an absolute stain on humanity that Mexico, Central American countries and South American countries have let sometimes entire cities or areas of their country go under the power of cartels that brutalize the locals. And beyond the drugs, is the violence enacted on those locals every day and the fact that these countries don't have control over their own borders. Now I'm seeing the area where this took place. It's west of Mexico City by quite a bit. Jalisco is where Guadalajara is on the west. Jalisco Falisco on the west coast of Mexico, and that's where this all went down. Lahor Nada, a Mexican newspaper, report at least twenty six people have been killed in the unrest that followed. And I think I had this is at the airport there was this. This was people just freaking out, panicking at the airport, running.
Speaker 10: Hiding behind the counter, No moms, People are running every direction.
Speaker 1: Now, there was no attack on this airport from what I could tell. The airport said it was just a panic that struck out and there was huge responses from the cartels. Here's something I'll show you for those of you on YouTube, I'll put it up on see it now.
Speaker 2: During the break, they.
Speaker 1: Started blowing up stuff across the city. They yes cars lit on fire car bombs. This is a Costco parking lot where they lit multiple cars on fire, her gunshots ringing out all across this city as a response to the cartel leader being killed. Crazy man, geez crazy and this them lashing out doing this shows you just how big the problem actually is. They need to get control of these places and save these people from living under the thumbs of the violent lunatics who run these cartels and lord over their lives in the worst kind of way. We'll get into more of how that operation went down and what's happening in Mexico as the show rolls on when we come back the next episode with Sabrina. What's coming up on the next episode?
Speaker 4: What's coming next episode?
Speaker 5: Oh, the bath does got weird? And so did whisk Leafs. On thirteenth birthday, Rag Jay's back in the news and not for his months to live or his bleeding eyes, but apparently for his uncontrollable fists. Plus am I Sabrina Amber going to be cut down by God? Kid Rock sure thinks so all that and maybe the last next episode coming soon?
Speaker 4: Sorry usually yeah soon going on the kid Rock drama.
Speaker 1: And that is coming soon On the news junkie. I'm not sure if we're going to get any news this week on the Nancy Guthrie front. It kind of seems like we're treading the same ground over and over there, and they're starting to talk about, like the sheriff in Pima County, Arizona, they started to talk about He's like, well, some of this stuff may take years. We may be looking for months and months at the DNA profiles. And you go, damn. I mean, if I'm one of the family members and I hear that, you're talking years and months, and I started to think at some point that maybe you think.
Speaker 2: That my mom is not with us anymore.
Speaker 3: Well, the evolution of interest in this has happened very fast. And yeah, I mean we were all into it, everybody Internet sluice were picking apart the video and looking for the Walmart backpack, and then it was like, oh, it's an inside job. And then all of a sudden, it was like shoot hun boom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now it's just it's all quiet, but we'll watch anything happens brought to you just like that.
Speaker 2: Right now, let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Let's do the next episode, because there's a lot on TV and you can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about?
Speaker 2: Panties?
Speaker 1: Weather's nice. It's time for the next episode with Sabrina.
Speaker 4: Hey old up.
Speaker 5: The next episode brought to you by that mortgage guy Don. That mortgage guy Don dot com. That's his website. That's where you start the process of refinancing your beautiful home, maybe buying your first stream home, that consolidation he locks, reverse mortgages, and everything in between. The most important part, you got someone who's got your back and your family's back looking out for you.
Speaker 4: So work with an expert in a friend that you could trust.
Speaker 5: By going to that website that mortgage guy Don dot com.
Speaker 4: Don't miss the voocy.
Speaker 5: Mortgage gun dot com. Twenty years ago, two thousand and six, Ready to feel old af.
Speaker 4: The one billionth legally downloaded.
Speaker 5: Song was purchased on iTunes up for grabs eight points.
Speaker 4: What song was it?
Speaker 1: The one billion songs.
Speaker 4: Legally downloaded on iTunes twenty years ago.
Speaker 1: Today two thousands, No, it would have been ironic.
Speaker 5: But speaking of irony, the word sound isn't the.
Speaker 1: Title sound of silence. Sound.
Speaker 5: It's a fast sound, so you could only catch the blank of said speed of Sound by Coldplay.
Speaker 1: Speed of Sound by Coldplay is my answer?
Speaker 4: That is correct.
Speaker 5: Eight points for Sean he said six held it, uh, two bonus points for going with it. It was on this day.
Speaker 2: The rules are very willy nilly.
Speaker 5: It was one billions, and then I asked chat GPT said downloads are tricky to get the numbers because the platforms just report the streams of it all. But well above one billion streams as of today. Is this song right here, which maybe we'll celebrate in twenty years the weekend blinding Lights as almost five point three billion streams.
Speaker 4: That's a lot, aye yay ya ye. Congratulations to all that.
Speaker 1: Were a fine song, five billion streams.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry it was part of that TikTok trend to wow stranger things like that.
Speaker 1: He hates the weekend.
Speaker 5: I love the weekday, especially when I'm with you two. Though this past weekend got a little weird when it came to.
Speaker 4: The bath dozege.
Speaker 2: Nobody even writes a song about the weekdays.
Speaker 4: Being great, Monday, the weekend and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll work on it, and let's work on how we're going to address the bath.
Speaker 4: Does the British Academy Film Awards.
Speaker 5: They went down, yes, and I didn't know that they were going down. A lot of award winners and then one particular moment that's going viral. A lot of comments, some outcry, some understanding, and here we go.
Speaker 1: A lot of not understanding, not at all.
Speaker 4: Michael B.
Speaker 5: Jordan and Delroy Lindo on stage to present the best visual Effects to Avatar, Fire and Ash, much like Florida recently, when someone shouted the.
Speaker 1: N word, all right, you want to pay this.
Speaker 4: Yes videos a new censored yep.
Speaker 1: Jo and I are delighted to be presenting the first BAFT of the night for a vital part. On the first.
Speaker 3: One, we're here to us all there's somebody in the background say the nword.
Speaker 1: Be presenting the first was the first one for a vital part of movie making.
Speaker 5: I mean worse but perfectly time pregnant pause in all Award show history. It turns out the shouter was John Davidson, who has treet syndrome. He was invited because he was the inspiration for the nominated movie I swear there was a couple other moments that he had yelled other obscenities throughout the night, shut the F up during an introductory speech, F you.
Speaker 4: During the director's speech after.
Speaker 5: They won for Boom Best Children and Family Film, hosts Alan Cumming told the audience, you may have noticed some strong language in the background. This can be part of how Tourette syndrome shows up for some people, as the film explores that experience ticks voluntary.
Speaker 2: You want you want him addressing this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's Alan Cumming talking about the Turetts guys a few moments.
Speaker 11: I'm yes, an artist who let us leave behind the daily litany of problems. This hurley burning world flings at us for just a few moments, and yes, with an incredible cinematic sourcery, allow us to believe that maybe, just maybe everything's going to be okay.
Speaker 1: That's just him being adult, dealing with us in real time. I hear different. Yes, Yeah, so.
Speaker 4: That's his big tick.
Speaker 5: And then I went down a wormhole of the movie that he was there for.
Speaker 4: I swear, which looks incredible.
Speaker 5: And it turns out the star of that movie one best leading actor, which is pretty incredible.
Speaker 4: The Torrette's guy did the man who portrayed him.
Speaker 2: The guy who was the actor Okay, Yes.
Speaker 5: The guy who was screaming and having his tics is who the movie is based on. Okay, the uh yeah so he won Best Leading Actor was very exciting moment, obviously worth mentioning. Again, ticks are involuntary and though sometimes they can be met with laughter and levity, this uh was also could be a horrific moment for the guy. So in comes in Jamie Fox, who immediately commented on an Instagram post discussing the controversial moment, saying, nah, he meant that ass. Out of all the words you could have said, Tourette makes you.
Speaker 1: Say that, Yeah, Jamie, That's that's how Tourett's works, you idiot, different comments. Yeah, he said, nah, he meant that ass unacceptable and out of all the words you could have said, tourets makes you say that. Yeah. That's literally the point correct. I'm not an expert on Turett's, but from what I hear it, literally there's a certain type of turetsa you can have that pushes you. Well, you're you're scared of saying the most offensive thing in that moment. So that's the word that sometimes is said. It's actually part of it, but.
Speaker 5: The timing was wild, but congratulations the lead actor in his award, and congratulations to this guy's thirteen year old son.
Speaker 4: It rhymes with bizbelieva.
Speaker 5: That is correct and a very interesting birthday tradition, and it evolves violence.
Speaker 1: So here we go. Nice.
Speaker 5: His son, Sebastian turned thirteen and was posted the video where he administered thirteen punches right to his guts.
Speaker 4: And that's the other video that I sent you.
Speaker 5: They weren't too bad, but boxing gloves were involved, and he doesn't go full out. But Duke and Hear's about doesn't necessarily want them curious about it.
Speaker 4: For one's take?
Speaker 2: Is audio safe on this?
Speaker 1: Yes? So this is like his birthday present to his kid is to punch him.
Speaker 4: I think other wrapped gifts.
Speaker 1: All right. He taps his chest, his abs fifteen one, he's got a glove on. He's got boxing glove on. D it sounds hard. It's up take thirteen years old, take it like good.
Speaker 2: G Yeah, Oh he got him.
Speaker 1: He just don't cool, lad, he's only on four six seven. Everybody gives a readouts. Here we go all right, there he goes awkward, too violent? Oh god, I thought he was really going to hit him.
Speaker 5: That hard Jackson's birthday and any taking two punches to his guts.
Speaker 1: Well his next birthday he'll get three.
Speaker 4: Oh oh my god, Jackson.
Speaker 3: I totally forgot about birthday punches. But we used to do that as kids, and it was like he was usually just a bunch in a row and then one for good luck, and you would hit the good luck one a little harder than baby.
Speaker 1: Would your dad ever hit you for your birthday?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: I don't think my dad did that.
Speaker 4: Well it's never too late.
Speaker 3: Certainly lined me up, you know, against a wall and told me to tighten my my my chest.
Speaker 4: Take it like, yeah, Well my dad has never said ticket like, not yet.
Speaker 1: I kind of want him to now.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, I've run out of time, so I'm just going to read the headline and maybe we dive in later on. But Kid Rock says that God will cut down journalists from the fake liberal media for reporting on his five thousand dollars tour tickets. I did technically report on that. I don't know if we are considered fake liberal media. Thoughts, yes you are, yes, yes, and fake liberal media, and therefore goodbye to all of you, because God will be cutting me down any minute now, I just I was trying to share entertainment wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just to be clear, he is selling five thousand dollars seats it, yes.
Speaker 5: Instead of reporting facts or that lawn seats are only fifty dollars sean, you did report that, so you're safe. And how we're cutting out the scalpers they twisted for headlines and clicks to attack me.
Speaker 4: Nothing new year, God will cut me down dollar tickets. God's gonna cut me down, goodbye.
Speaker 1: You're you're mad that people you could call them like whatever you want politically, but you're mad that people said you were selling five thousand dollar tickets. That's a tough stance to take when you're selling five thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: Tickets but the lawn seats the dow.
Speaker 1: You could say, yes, but yeah, but I'm also selling lawn seats for cheaper. But nobody from his campus said that it's not real, that he's not actually selling the tickets for five grand.
Speaker 5: He is thousand percent real. So it was nice knowing everyone here. Thank you so much for listening and following me on Instagram and TikTok, and I'll see you in the next life, I suppose. Until then, one last Boobtube. Maybe we've got the Peacock NBA Monday with the Pistons, Rocket Spurs and Jazz.
Speaker 4: Good luck, have fun, guys.
Speaker 5: American Idol on ABC, twenty nine season premiere of the Voice on NBC, series premiere of CIA on CBS, second season premiere, Sea Line So excited, Uh huh, Paradise Hell yeah.
Speaker 3: Rashly text me this morning that it was coming back, and I just texted, f yeah in all caps.
Speaker 4: It's happening.
Speaker 5: And maybe someone gets pregnant on fallon because Tracy Morgan will be there.
Speaker 4: Follow your dreams me on Instagram and theay with me America.
Speaker 1: Smopy, thank you, Sabrina. By the way, underrated tweet, Absolutely underrated tweet that I want to highlight when TMZ sent out the post that said turette synd Then after this, John Davidson was heard shouting the N word during Michael B. Jordan and Delroy Lindo's presentation at the BAFT of Film Awards on Sunday. Matt Rife responded, just one big on cals.
Speaker 12: Like he.
Speaker 1: Will, will somebody shout the N word when.
Speaker 2: He goes abo stage?
Speaker 1: Somebody. I don't know if that was a real bet on there. I'm thinking it wasn't, but we'll see what you think about all of this. Set us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com more on the cartel killing in Mexico in the response to all of that when we come back, and a lot more on the way in a very busy Monday, including your dispatches.
Speaker 2: That's all coming up next in the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: Honest to god, Jamie Foxx should be absolutely embarrassed for the take that he had after this award show thing.
Speaker 2: And to me, it's it's so unbelievable.
Speaker 1: To consider that you have this guy who is in England who has turets and the Tourette syndrome. God, I can't even imagine how difficult it must be to live life with turetts. You can't control this, and it's just socially just terrible.
Speaker 3: You think about this, Like this guy who he was there because he was the inspiration for this movie which invited him there, did well at the awards ceremony. It's called I Swear, which is a great name for a movie about somebody with turetts, it is, and he had a couple outbursts. But because of that one, he left. He left the award show after that because he was so embarrassed and like, that's just something he always has to deal with.
Speaker 5: Mind you, This man also dealt with being invited to a ceremony with the royal family and in the middle of it said, f the Queen.
Speaker 4: So not his first rodeo.
Speaker 5: And this movie tells these struggles and explains in a beautiful way what it is to live with Tourette syndrome. Yeah, and that Jamie Foxx just goes immediately and says, Tourette's that's the.
Speaker 1: Word you pick. Well, there's a lot of people are saying that that means he was thinking it. Well, there's only two of course, heways, because that's what the Tourette syndrome does.
Speaker 2: In these moments. You go to the worst thing.
Speaker 1: If I'm hanging out with a fat person, the turetts is gonna go, okay, say something about them being fat or fat fat fat. You know it's going to come out. If if all of a sudden, I've got Tourettes in the ten black people walk into the room, I'm gonna be like, all right, folks, I'm I better get out of here. That's what your brain does. They can't help it. There are only two possible takes, all right, we have arrived at a fork in the road.
Speaker 2: There are only two possible takes.
Speaker 1: One this person had an elaborate plan to pretend like they have turets and then pretend like they have vocal tick outbursts at these award shows, Eric like Eric Cartman, pretend that they couldn't help but say the N word when these two folks, including Michael B. Jordan, were up on stage at the beginning of the event. That's one that this person just totally pretended all of this. It was all a big pretend thing, and they think they can get away with it because they have turets. It's like a five year old's argument. Or there's the idea that maybe this guy's whole life isn't fake, maybe he does have turets, and maybe this is how turets work works.
Speaker 3: I should say that the whole army of turets and they all work like that. That to me is the only possible thing.
Speaker 1: Like the fork in the road is either this is like Stevie Wonder and you want to throw a baseball at him, and Seevie's really blind, or you go, maybe Stevie Wonder is definitely blind. Maybe he's blind like he says he is, and like he's been in his whole life. That's the fork that you arrive at in the road. And there are so many people that were overly sensitive about this. I truly believe it. The Associated Press says BBC, and the host apologized after a racial slur was shouted during the bath towards Now, I don't have a problem with them going like, hey, folks, just so you know there's somebody here who has turets. If you hear something being screamed out in the audience, we're all adults. We just have to understand that these kind of things happen and it's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: And Alan Cumming tried to do that.
Speaker 1: He told the audience had a guest at the ceremony with John Davidson, this guy who was a campaigner for people with turets, who inspired the movie that Sabrina was talking about, called I Swear. Tourette syndrome is a neurological disorder characterized by involuntary, repetitive movements and vocalations, including the uttering of inappropriate words. I've told the story very very very long ago on the show. I knew a guy who was a firefighter and when he was going through firefighters school, Mike told me about they made a friend in their class and their friend, nice guy, same age, firefighter, all of that, but he had tourettes. And they said, as they're sitting in this class, they're learning about all the things, they're trying to become firefighters, they think about their future. This kid keeps having problems in the classroom because stuff like this is happening. He's saying the N word, or he's saying to this fat lady in class. He keeps saying fat horror, fat horror, fat horror, and they take offense to it, and you go, Guys, at some point, you have to be adults with a brain big enough to understand that stuff like this happens, that stuff like this happens, and maybe you can like calm down with outrage for five seconds and move on to the next thing. Again, I'm a problem with him a dress that makes sense. Address it because it's it's not great and it could be uncomfortable for people around it. But are we past the point of being able to be uncomfortable. Now we must be like get him out of here. There are again fork in the road. There are only two options. One you say, sometimes you're going to be around somebody who has turets and you need to understand what could happen if that's the case. Or two, people with turets aren't allowed to be in polite society. They're not allowed to go to award shows, which is ridiculous, Like, obviously this guy deserves to live. I saw another one of another British guy. I think he was British. You guys might remember that, Like he's a TikToker, I think, younger guy, and he films himself living his life and he has very very severe turets. Uncle tick, I don't I don't know. He's a younger guy. Black hair, he's got dark black hair, the younger guy. And when he went on the plane one time he goes on the plane, he's like, bomb, I have a bomb, A bomb, Obama the plane bomb. I have a bomb, and I'm and they're starting to gather around him. The other passagers are freaking out. The flight attendants, you know, stewardess' is whatever, are all starting to react to this and the guy, I'm sorry, I have turettes.
Speaker 2: I don't really have a bomb.
Speaker 1: He has to explain it, and I understand needing the explanation, but it would be the same thing as saying this guy's never allowed to fly because he has turettes. I care about fairness. Fairness and outcomes are my two things that I care about. And I think that is unfair to tell these people that they should live in some sort of closet, hidden away somewhere from polite public, because you can't take it if somebody says an offensive word, get over it, for God's sake.
Speaker 2: And they wanted more too. I said, what if that guy really does bomb a plane?
Speaker 1: Though? I mean the ultimate I thought you, I thought the ultimate kind of loophole. There, here's the tourets guy. John Davidson's his name. Here's the actual guy.
Speaker 13: He sounded like me even the text, you know, the tacking in the film, and it's like unbelievably. Initially before the documentary, I would gip to house people, would you know, well cross the road to avoid me if I was walking down the street and you know I was bullied altt.
Speaker 1: Of course, yeah, like I can't think of too many things that seem as exhausting as being one of these people who has to brave through life with turets. It doesn't seem fun. I think it seems exhausting. I think it seems torturous, and I can't help but just feel for you. And then the idea that afterwards Jamie Fox and these legion of losers online or like, nah he did that on purpose?
Speaker 4: Another yourself, please because another is there for it?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, and I don't even know that much about tourets, but I know, like, I know that that's what happens. Yeah, it's literally involuntary. Another underrated tweet or expost whatever you'd like to called Wemby Central says Tourette's is not an excuse to say bad things. That's in quotes like, Tourett's not an excuse to say bad things. I feel like it's actually a pretty solid excuse. THEA said like that is the excuse, hence why Cartman wanted to go that way. A spokesperson for a charity, the Tourette's Action Group, says, we also want to address the negative comments that have surfaced following John's involuntary vocal ticks during the ceremony. We deeply understand that these words can cause hurt, but at the same time, it's vital that the public understands a fundamental truth about Tourette syndrome. Ticks are involuntary. They are not a reflection of a person's beliefs, intentions, or character. Thank you, Thank you very much. And people with brains believe this. But they wanted so much. One of the guys who was on stage, and I get that he'd be affected by it more. He's on stage when the dude screens out the N word. Delroy Lindo wishes quote. Somebody from Baptist spoke to us after the N word was shouted as he and Michael B. Jordan were presenting the award. He told Vanity Fair he did what he had to do in that moment when the racial slur was said by John Davidson, who's diagnosed with threat syndrome. Sources told Variety that after the ceremony that for managers informed guests and attendees sitting around Davidson of his condition.
Speaker 2: According to multiple sources.
Speaker 1: None of the nominees or attendees were contacted by BAFT or BBC aead of the show to notify it. So they're saying some of the people on the stage might not have known, but they went around and told every single person, the people who are responding to this as if it's just abject to racism and that we should just coddle everybody around it instead of saying, hey, this is a moment where we can learn about things. Those people are unhinged, weirdos, they don't understand actual life.
Speaker 3: And then this production designer, I don't know what she wanted out of this, maybe in her eyes saying nothing would have been better, but had like a three posts tweet thread whatever about the apology, calling it a throwaway apology and saying that it made the situation worse.
Speaker 1: What do you want? You know, what? What do you want? Your hypersensitivity to words in general and in particular racial epithets has led you to the place where you justify any and all responses to somebody saying these things to begin with, even when in some cases like this, it's a person with a medical condition that cannot stop what's going on. Well, because your brain's not big enough to understand that other brains aren't like yours, You are the equivalent Jamie Fox. In particular, you are the equivalent of the weird redneck dad who is slapping his autistic son to try to get him to not be weird anymore. That's literally what you're doing. That's the equivalent of what you're doing. And for some reason, you could just say this stuff and not get shamed out of Hollywood. You can say this and just like, Eh, no big deal, no problem. You could be that publicly ignorant about things like this and no issue whatsoever. Somebody says, make a movie about a disabled inclusivity, get a real life disabled person to play the part. Complain is it when it is disabled disability plays out in public? Absolute Kenome says this particular person. Tourette syndrome, says queer Latifa. All right, Turette syndrome doesn't make you just call black actors winning awards the N word.
Speaker 2: This is just overt racism. Call it what it is.
Speaker 1: Yes, it does, miss queer Latifa, that's literally what it does. That's literally the thing. And even Variety was jumping on this, saying, bafta in the BBC, let.
Speaker 2: The N word air on tape delay. Michael B.
Speaker 1: Jordan Delroy Lindo in the Turet's community and viewers deserve an apology like this whining, groveling article that they didn't dump this and have a delay that dumped the button or whatever she is.
Speaker 3: Part of the argument was that there was something else that they did day right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But like if you're just dumping everything, this guy says, now again, you can't even have them on the broadcast.
Speaker 2: You can't.
Speaker 1: You you can technically get away with it if the person has turettes, if you interview them a little, you can.
Speaker 2: You could do that.
Speaker 1: I'd love to hear from somebody who has tourettes, who has an opinion on this, an opinion on the reaction with these these hyper sensitive pussies, honestly, who get up in arms about this without fully caring about the person involved. Like this sucks, dude, This sucks for the guy who did this.
Speaker 2: That's the whole point.
Speaker 1: That's why they have to hide out and stuff and not participate in polite society. All right, quick break, let's see here when we come back. Oh, Anonymous is talking about this, so I'll work this in real quick to tips at.
Speaker 2: The news junky dot com.
Speaker 1: Good afternoon, junkies. I hear you speaking about Tourette syndrome today. I've only ever met one person with Tourette syndrome. I did watch the TV series called Balling Out Balling Out Loud, which.
Speaker 5: Is that's the girl we've spoken about before that she was on with CMO. Yeah, okay, very big personality on TikTok. I've watched a couple of her episodes where it kind of gives you insight on her life and how it's not all funny and getting very tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the truth of the matter.
Speaker 1: Really, So Bailey out Loud, you said, is what it's supposed to be asking, is okay? Bailey out Loud, which follows a teenage girl wes Tourette syndrome, and it shows the struggles that she personally goes through and her family and her friends go through while being out of public, and it definitely gives you a whole new outlook on them and the struggles they actually go through. I highly recommend checking it out. Not only is it educational, she's effing hilarious.
Speaker 2: Have a great day. Wiggle Wiggle Pop.
Speaker 1: Balen b a y l E n Dupree, twenty one year old social media influencer. Let's find her. She's issue the one on the.
Speaker 2: Show, and real quick.
Speaker 1: Just for the record, I'm not suggesting that there aren't people who exaggerate this or overdo it or literally there was a social contagion on TikTok where women, women, young girls in the Northeastern United States in particular, we're going to doctors in droves because they all thought, after watching TikTok videos that they had tourets themselves.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: I get that people take advantage of this. I get that some people will be doing things that are dishonest around this too, or get caught up in some kind of social contagion. But this guy appears to be legit. It appears to be a legit situation. Okay, adults for nancaying. Before we move on from this, just a nice little fun hypothetical question. All right, let's move over to a pretend universe where the both of you are single and you have to make a choice either you date bailing out loud Baylor dupre with the turets and has the tics, and she might, you know, yell some not so savory words when people are of color around anymore, or the other reality TV one that looks like she's constantly twelve years old all the time, which, yeah, I think the threat I.
Speaker 4: Think against that person in their condition, Uh huh.
Speaker 1: But I don't want people showing up with shotguns and gas cans, don't. I don't need that in my life. I got enough problems. I think. Flats Fisherman says, if you have turets and say the N word, is it because that is the way you actually feel or is it random? The way I've heard it explained is imagine you have no control over the words that come out of your mouth. And I'll state very quickly, although I am by no means some sort of spokesperson for the world of people who have turets, I will say that Touret's is a is a pretty big spectrum of people who have small physical ticks. You might just move around a little bit, you might your body might wiggle. People who have verbal ticks, people who have more aggressive verbal ticks, and people who say these things. It's like a particular type of turets where you say the worst thing in that moment, and imagine that you're going into a situation and a whole bunch of one armed people are in the room with you, and they all walk in at once, and your brain is telling you, okay, I have duretts. Don't say anything about the fact that all these people have one armed. Don't say anything about the fact that all these people have one arm. That's the thing that escapes you. You naturally are worried about the worst thing, and that's what comes forth from it. That's the best I know of it. Anybody with more experience certainly jump in, send a dispatch, tips at the news Junki dot com with an email or anything else you'd like to throw our way.
Speaker 2: More on Team USA and the.
Speaker 1: Big victories is the Olympics ends, more on the Mexican cartels, and plus I think I might go Jeffing later. I think I might. I might Jeff, I might after the show. I've been thinking about Jeffing and I'll explain what this phenomenon is that is coming up next on the News Junkie. Thinking about Jeffin after the show. Probably gonna Jeff.
Speaker 2: I don't know how long.
Speaker 1: I'm no, you're gonna turn it down. Well, this is a it's a big thing that's spreading around now. And the funny thing is Sabrina. There's actually a guy named Jeff who's at the center of all of this, And I mean, that must be weird when you're Jeff and people are like, I'm gonna be jeffin later today. This is a real thing. This is a legit thing, and it's the walk run technique called Jeffing that is going viral right now. People are taking to this. It's well known among runners.
Speaker 2: Runners.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you guys speak. I don't know your your lingos, so I guess you've been talking about jeffing for a long time. I'm not in on it. Jeff Galloway is the Olympian who is at the center of all of this. Maybe we'll see some Jeffing at the Summer Olympics when that comes up just a bit.
Speaker 2: But it's supposed to.
Speaker 1: Be pretty great for you. What is jeffing? Simply put, it's a technique that interspersus walk breaks with running bouts to help ward off fatigue and boost endurance.
Speaker 2: That sounds good to me. I don't have to run the whole time.
Speaker 1: This is Jeff Galloway, who started in nineteen seventy three while instructing a beginner running class at university. Jeffing was what Galloway came up with. They ran into a couple of groups here and they said, the best way to tackle these kind of runs is the thirty thirty method. Thirty second run, thirty second walk. That's how you know you're jeffing. That's when you hit peak jeffing if you do it down. Can I just do the walk half?
Speaker 2: That is not jeffs yeah, that is.
Speaker 1: Just walking Basically, I've jeffed.
Speaker 5: But it was like crossing a street in which I start with a bit of a run. Need to do this right now, so I walk the rest, but I think total that's ten seconds.
Speaker 1: I usually do it the other way around, Sabrina, I usually get embarrassed. You ever like you're crossing the road and then you see a couple of people are waiting for you and you started walking out.
Speaker 5: Is just upper half that I jeff yeah, which like my arms look like they're running, But bottom half.
Speaker 3: Is not the street cross We used to do the move where it was like, uh, let's say you like clap it to the all right, but you're really not moving any faster.
Speaker 1: You're just kind of you're just kind of the torsos. Uh yeah, you're you're moving the top half of your body around as if more movement is going to get.
Speaker 3: The drivers who are waiting on you the illusion that you are that you care enough to at least look like you're making faster.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, if you're jeffing though, you will be doing this all the time. Thirty on, thirty off. It is just taking off out there, according to MSN, Jeffer is checking with us over on thenewsjunkie dot com. I can't believe I didn't even think about this, but somebody on the texting service was trying to guess what you meant by you were going jeffing later, and maybe said that you were going off to an island somewhere. No God again, the shotgun, the gas can. I don't want. I'm not I'm not getting any attachment to any of these weirdo predators on any sort of list. I'm staying away from everybody who's associated with the Epstein list, just just to try to limit any damage.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get involved.
Speaker 1: In this move. I think it's a safe pr move for me to do it this way. Can I bring something to you guys real quick? I know this is like it's gone megaviral, so at least it's in our wheelhouse for that reason. But I wouldn't say it's newsworthy. But you know, sometimes there's little distractions on the show. There is a video that has gotten twenty million views and it's People have very different takes on this, and my take has been different than most of them. I think this video makes me so uncomfortable, more uncomfortable than Jeffing, more uncomfortable than running full speed. That that's very, very uncomfortable all the time. And here here's the video. It's got Matthew McConaughey in it, all right, have you guys seen this? I've seen that, all right. Matthew McConaughey and Austin Butler and everybody sort of digested this a weird way. Some people were saying, these guys hate each other and that's what was going on here. But the close talking that they're doing and the level of like, I have no social anxiety whatsoever. Look how close I'm gonna get to you that they're both doing is so uncomfortable to me. So have you never met a close talker not like this?
Speaker 4: Look at the distance that they're both down to do it.
Speaker 1: See they're both like good looking guys who have all the confidence in the world. They're having a conversation about five to six inches away from each other's face, so bad, and it's like so close to am I supposed to go in?
Speaker 2: Is this like a double dutch kiss situation?
Speaker 4: They're actors, They're used to being this close.
Speaker 5: Consider the angles that you will see sometimes in films where they have to be close because of where.
Speaker 4: The camera's at. So they're ready, they're ready to kiss in the mouth. I'm excited to see it.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine that that?
Speaker 4: Like somebody talking?
Speaker 1: Have you had somebody talk to you that close before staring you in your eyes? I don't know if it's that close.
Speaker 3: But I knew a guy who was a bit of a close talker, and and everybody knew he was a close talker. In fact, another friend of mine called him. He's like, I have a I have a term for these type of people. He's a CZI. He's a comfort comfort zone invader. Rew and that that's just the way the guy would talk to people. And you kind of had to figure out a way to back off without letting him, you know, get closer.
Speaker 4: I want to hear how.
Speaker 5: Loud that place is, because I've had people that I have to get that close to you, but I am not staring them directly in the eyes. Yeah, I'm just my good ear is towards their mouth.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I wish you hadn't given the hypothesis that some people are coming to that that they hate each other. I wish I would have watched this first once and then you would have said that and then watched it again, because I can't help but like now try to reanalyze everything.
Speaker 4: I'm not getting a hating vibe beer. I think that they flow.
Speaker 1: I feel like what's happening is a dance where Matthew McConaughey and Austin Butler are both people that will get right up near you and have all of the confidence in the world about the way they're looking and presenting themselves in that moment, and then they'll deadlock eyes with you, and I, like, I would be so uncomfortable. I don't want to be that close to you. Please, if you meet me in public, stay at least six feet away.
Speaker 2: It's just I would need a little bit of room.
Speaker 4: A handful of people saying and accepted right.
Speaker 1: I don't want that. I don't want somebody talking that close to my face. It's weird. You know this person's ceilian says so many women? What they censored women? Is there a reason for censoring women? So many women? Oh, this is getting out of control.
Speaker 4: You can't say women anymore.
Speaker 2: I saw war was censored the other day.
Speaker 1: I've seen you know, the R word, not not that one, the other one censored so many women in its censored discussing this video of Matthew McConaughey and Austin Butler in complete ignorance of male dynamics. This is not sexual tension, but two men who semi openly hate each other. That's what their excuse for this is. I don't know that I see that. I think I just see like two very low anxiety confident guys Actorsyes, that are actors, and that like are so comfortable in these kind of moments, whereas I would just be like, can you stop, please? This is I don't like this in the slightest there we are. Tell us what you think or if you've had that happen to you in the past, let us know. Over at the News Junkie dot Com, Thenews Junkie dot Com. All right, what else can we work in here? Will we have a moment or two in Jury duty? I'll get to more on the cartel incident in Mexico.
Speaker 2: I got some pretty good stuff on.
Speaker 1: That really shaking up people's hotel experiences over the weekend. It sure has. Yeah, yeah, people are like I expected a four star experience at this hotel and now there's a tax across all of Mexico. Worship allows for late checkout as a Platinum member.
Speaker 5: I have to try to find the footage, but it was from one very fancy hotel, Infinity Pool that all the guests are up there seeing everything else. Burn You had good ten dudes and full speedos, just like, can you believe.
Speaker 2: What's going on out there?
Speaker 1: I wanted to share one more clip with you before we do Jerry duty because I thought this is pretty funny from the baseball world. You know how much we love sports around here, folks, Always keeping my eyes peeled out for what kind of sports stories come near the viral newsroom over here, what's happening? And then this one I thought was pretty great. There is a guy named Jeff Kent Jeff Kent. He's probably one of the Jeffers out there. Jeff Can I'm gonna assume is also a baseball player, and they decided to do an interview with him. I don't know if they'll decide to do it again, okay, because Jeff Kent just starts speaking into the microphone.
Speaker 2: Like there's not a.
Speaker 1: Baseball broadcast going on on NBC and like you could just say whatever, And here's what happened.
Speaker 12: He tore my knee up he went, He slipped and rolled bad ass past the base, the bitch and put me out for a little while. I was, yeah, I was not happy about that because he was a middle infielder and we were beating him up pretty good.
Speaker 1: He didn't need to be doing that. So it's not that you've thought about it much since then. So in that short little thing, he's like his fat ass and then, son of a bit, he tore my.
Speaker 12: Knee up he went, He slipped and rolled his bad ass past the base, the son.
Speaker 1: Of a bitch. Son of a bitch rolled his fat ass past the base. And I'm sure the other guy in the booth is like, what are you doing? Man, Come on, please, we've got some rules around here, the FCC. Well that that's NBC, so of course they would be under the guidance and rules of the FCC. More on the cartel attacks, the fallout this situation we're talking about with people stuck at the hotels.
Speaker 3: We'll do that in jury duty and that is coming up next in the news junk key. There's something kind of glorious about the people stuck at the five star resorts in Mexico who are complaining about the cartel violence after the head of one of these Mexican cartels was killed off.
Speaker 1: Let's be straight.
Speaker 3: We can complain about the violence, but to complain about the hotel's response to it and you not getting everything that you claim to deserve. Yeah, you know, in a little bit, seems like it's maybe not your moment, like, yeah, hey you're on a five star hotel.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're still going to do this. Yeah, no matter what.
Speaker 1: Here's some of the updates on this. Actually, let me open things up and get into it. Here we go, Oh, actually I can do this. We'll just go right over here. Let's doty.
Speaker 14: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff.
Speaker 1: Over to whip your ass. You're knowing jury duty with the news Junkie Jury duty brought to you by the one the only Modu of the DeWit Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred, Calmo eight hundred, CALLMO, or go to JUSTCALLMO dot com after an accident. There's lots of attorneys out there. Choose the guy you here on this show. He's your friend. He's the one who's going to help you fight those insurance companies. And they're greedy, greedy, greedy bastards. So make sure you got MO along with you. Eight hundred CALLMO or JUSTCALLMO dot com. CNN saying US citizens have been urged to shelter in place after Mexico and their drug lord killing sparked a wave of violence in Mexico. The car cartel kingpin was killed. It was Mexico's most wanted cartel boss and head of the Jalisco New Generation cartel. His name is Alemnchel and this is the guy who has killed, alongside eight other cartel members and a Mexican military operation that was aided by US intelligence support, twenty five members of Mexican's National Mexico's National Guard died during the attacks in the state of Jalisco. There's a wave of violence and unrest afterward that a lot of people were focusing on. They had to cancel flights, they canceled soccer matches. They had a bunch of car bombs and cars lit on fire, and it's been pretty dramatic. There's footage of a gas station where the cartel members kind of roll in, let's swatch this together, and it turned down the sound and a vehicle pulls up at the gas station. They got guns. These cartel guys come out with guns, chasing everybody away from the gas station, yelling at them all around the pumps, and now they take the gas pump and they're just pouring it on one of them on the ground. They set the whole damn place on fire. This is some of the stuff that they were doing. They were setting a lot of fires around Mexico. Buddy, you don't want to get a little bit further from that. He lit this sucker up. This was one of the gas stations that was targeted. There are many others that were targeted in the wake of this cartel leader being killed. They want to make Mexico afraid to do this stuff, so they respond with violence afterwards. Some of these areas look like war zones. Cars on fire and blowing out, so everybody is being told to leave the area right now.
Speaker 2: This guy's way calm being cleared out. This is one of the resorts.
Speaker 1: This is like a beach resort, and I guess nearby they go vehicles burning in.
Speaker 2: This tree are all on top of each other.
Speaker 1: They're really close. There was a rich people at a rich resort. Look at this big old tiki bar. They're out in paradise and rum runners. And now now they got to be bothered with a cartel battle going on in the streets. Yuck.
Speaker 2: They can't deal with this.
Speaker 4: Who caress the cartel leader?
Speaker 1: The Mexican National Guard. Yeah, the Mexican government and National Guard went in and killed this guy. And they had some I guess they said that the United States had some information for them that they passed along and then they acted on it. And now we've got all these security alerts going out. Here's one that says US mission to Mexico jet Leisco State including Porto Viata, Porto Viota, Chapala, and Guadalajara. Tom Mulipas State. Sorry if I'm butchering some of these and a couple other ones. Due to ongoing security operations and related road blockages and criminal activity, US citizens in the name locations should shelter in place until further notice. Avoid areas around law enforcement activity, Be aware of your surroundings, seek shelter, and minimize unnecessary movements. Monitor local media for updates, follow the directions of local authorities in a case of emergency Dowal nine one one. Avoid crowds, and keep your family and friends advise of your location well being. So if you're in Mexico, they're saying tough times, shelter in place is the word of the day. Rosco Aalisco, Olisco Hallisco is the spot where a lot of this was kind of centered. Two point four million views on x dot com. The cartel kind of gave for caring about a man this much, says this particular tweet. Okay response to their reaction afterwards, I hope that guy's in like China or something. Where are you posting this from Incognito tab number three, the founder of Cryptic Industries and gambler, Ah, sir, where are you.
Speaker 2: Posting this from?
Speaker 1: This seems like a bad idea, but it's out there. So now we know, all right, calling the cartel gay. Yeah, so they're in this street. It's just trying to cause chaos. You don't want to get mixed up in that is. Here's somebody talking about Jeffing with a dispatch. We can work that in.
Speaker 2: Here's angjawa Hey, y'all.
Speaker 15: Jeff Galloway has worked with run Disney for years. They actually during all their runs have a pacer that, depending on when you're going to finish and what time length, that will call out run walk during the intervals. It's really helpful. Really, have she run for longer, gives your muscles a little arrest. Highly recommend it. We go wigg pop up.
Speaker 1: All right, cool, good to hear. We're learning about Jeffing today. We're also there's nothing that runs all those I wonder if she jeffs yeah, she might ask her you, Jeffers. It seems easier than just being a flat out runner if you do thirty of each thirty thirty seconds running or thirty minutes no thirty seconds.
Speaker 5: Friend of the show and a friend of Celin and myself just text both of us saying like Oh, that's what I use for marathons as well, so I was able to compete. There's a book about it, and I spoke for both of us when we can't say same on either of those things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've honestly never even heard of it until now, but it's same when it makes sense. Today is rate my blank and rate my Batman voice is the challenge of the day.
Speaker 2: Shark bait is jumping on board.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, what makes you any different? We'll go wearing occupants.
Speaker 2: Okay, she gave it a shot, she tried her best.
Speaker 1: Is that an actual Batman quote?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm not sure I got one more?
Speaker 12: Is it?
Speaker 1: John Bannon? I just want everybody to know that I'm the real Batman. I'm doing everything I can.
Speaker 2: Broken by the Joker, or.
Speaker 1: He said John Bannon. O.
Speaker 2: John Bannon a bad guy.
Speaker 1: He might appear on mister Freeze's Island, he might be on some list, but he's not a bad guy.
Speaker 2: The Penguin some.
Speaker 1: Great things for Gotham, unlike that Superman. That Superman. He cannot cook a cheese. All right, thank you? I think BDMP one more. Here is somebody whose family is stuck in Mexico and.
Speaker 14: He's Yunkies big fan here, So if you want to hear more about this cartel thing.
Speaker 1: My mom's actually stuck in Porta Vadererta.
Speaker 14: Or however you say it, and one of the main resorts there, and so I've been talking to her all night and this morning, and I'm surprised they don't have military around her resort, but she said they have it roped off pretty well and just local security there, and there's just a lot of burnt cars and roadblocks around there, but they're on lockdown.
Speaker 1: They're not allowed to leave.
Speaker 14: She seems to think that everything is getting a little bit better. However, they're still not allowed to leave the resort, and they are unsure when they'll be able to.
Speaker 1: Leave the resorts. Damn, that's brutal. So I'm getting footage and.
Speaker 14: Pictures from her of what's going on, but it sounds like maybe the worst of it it's over, so let's hope.
Speaker 1: So I'd like to get my mom back in life. What happens if you're at one of those resorts and then you're stuck there? Do they just automatically charge you for the additional days?
Speaker 4: Great question?
Speaker 1: I don't know. They might have to. I mean, you got to do something well, so you'd say, hey, I can't travel. There's like a travel advisory. I'm not even allowed to go to the airport, and the airport's not flying anybody out of here.
Speaker 4: That means no one's coming in.
Speaker 5: Therefore, rooms will remain open because they don't have no guests.
Speaker 3: That was one of the arguments for the person who was not allowed to do the late checkout. It was like, it's not like anybody's gonna be able to come here and check in, so they might.
Speaker 1: As well let me do the late checkout.
Speaker 10: True.
Speaker 1: All right, we got a quick break here, and then we'll get to some of the team usay a hockey reaction, including the Canadians who are just maulding, just Maulding, melting down over their Olympic hockey loss to the Americans down south. They're taking chainsaws to their TVs. Folks, we'll bring it all to you. That's coming up neck. The US men's hockey team, one, the US women's hockey team, I think one. I mean we were just we were killing it out there in hockey at the Olympics. It was probably one of our real bright spots Canada still wanted curling on account of the shooting.
Speaker 4: But hey, you don't know what you're talking about. According to the Canada player.
Speaker 1: In the world of hockey, we did real well, Usa, USA, USA. I thought Sweden was cheating. Or does Sweden call Canada out for treating They called for cheating at curling and the stones and again, all you curlers can go back into obscurity for another three years and then pop back out in due time.
Speaker 2: But that this is how things work in the world.
Speaker 1: But Canada lost to the United States of America in men's hockey, and god, oh god, were they melting down in a very Canadian way. Here's one of the reactions. This guy had a chainsaw. I think it took the chainsaw to his television safe buddy, Yeah, not a good idea. Is cutting the television with the chainsaw?
Speaker 4: So unnecessary, just really dopey.
Speaker 1: This is TVs are too cheap. You could tell when people start doing this. Televisions are just too cheap. He's taking a chainsaw to his TV as a result of the US men's hockey team beating the damn Canadians. I'll get a video of this up on see it now. For you in just a moment. In fact, I'm grabbing it as I speak because I say something earlier then I didn't end up putting it on see it now, and I don't want to do that to you. I want to make sure you have this and you can watch it when you get a chance. But they were melting down all over the place, Canada upset over hockey loss. Got it, there we go, that's up on see it now, take a peek when you get a chance over on the newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 2: But there was so many videos of this.
Speaker 1: There was videos of Canadians just kind of crying, upset, reeling that they had lost in this hockey match. It's very important to them. Hockey one of the only things they have going for him over in Canada. So they felt hurt at their loss, and I don't blame them. There was many videos. Here's another one. I have to mute this because they do a whole lot of cursing. But they just filmed themselves. As you see the moment that the US team solidifies victory. They got a Canadian flag behind him, they got a hockey stick, the guy broke over his knee. They're all drinking Tim Horton's. They couldn't be any more Canadian. These people staged. Yeah, this is full Canadian tim Horton's, Canadian flags, all of the accouterments one might expect, and a whole lot of cursing as they realized that their team ended up losing. Tim Horton's logo facing the camera. Don't love it seems little a little bit that makes me speculate, But I do love how I keep seeing these videos of at the Olympics when they were giving out the medals, they kept giving these stuffed animals to the teams, which was so funny to me, Like it seemed like such an embarrassing thing. When they go around, they're like, here's your silver metal and here you go, here's animal.
Speaker 2: The plushy.
Speaker 1: Make sure you put your plushy on your little metal there. Congratulations.
Speaker 4: Does it stand for something or they're just like, we know you're going to be alone and sad.
Speaker 2: So it's a mascot for the Olympic Games.
Speaker 1: I saw one of the Olympians work it into the metal necklace, so the like the stuff animal kind of fits in there and holds your necklace in place. It just looks embarrassing for these folks who are at the height of their sports career, as many of them to get a little stuffed animal. This guy watch this. One guy's face is very visual, but this guy who gets the stuffed animal, his reaction is just everything to me. The guy goes here, you go, you know, all right, what the hell? What am I even dealing with here? What is this about?
Speaker 2: This is what they give the the silver medal winners.
Speaker 4: All right, loser.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's unfortunate for those folks, but he was silver. Still good.
Speaker 4: It's not as good second place, it's still.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's fair.
Speaker 1: I'm still impressed with your silver metal, but we got the gold baby, and I guess. Also celebrating was the director of the FBI, Cash Betel, one of the more viral tweets, approaching a million to people fired up about this one. Somebody said they're never finding Nancy Guthrie because it's got the head of the FBI and he's in the locker room partying with team. One of these guys puts his metal on him, Yeah, puts his.
Speaker 2: Gold medal around his neck.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they're cursing or not, but it looks like they're drinking beer and kind of going nuts, and it says they're never finding Nancy Guthrie, the head of the FBI, is over in Italy celebrating with these folks. So there you go. Let me see if I have anything else on that front worth talking about. Oh, there was a really sweet moment where they brought out a teammate of the US team who was killed by a drunk driver.
Speaker 5: Him and his brother were killed in twenty twenty four just riding their bicycles. They were both there at home for the weekend to go to their sister's wedding and they're unfortunately tragically killed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this moment they were about to play, Oh it got me good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they bought the little kids. They brought their kids that were or obviously still at the event, even though their father had been killed by this person in an accident, and brought them on the ice to be able to celebrate the good metal victory with him, which is a sweet thing to do. A lot of these dudes tough dudes, but still you don't have hearts for things like that out there while they're playing hockey. So that'll do it. Give us your feedback on all of that stuff. I really appreciate it. Now we can go over to let's see a couple of emails coming in. Maybe worth pointing out somebody, says, Steve says about the Touret situation, Sean, though I am a no expert, I viewed Touret's as like that scene from Austin Powers where he tries not to say anything about the guy's mole on his face, even though that's all he can concentrate on, and eventually he says something about the guy's mole on his face. Right, all right, thank you, have a great week, says Steve. Appreciate that, Steve. I don't know if that's exactly right, but I think it's close enough that people will get an idea of what's actually happening.
Speaker 2: And we got more Batman and coming in.
Speaker 1: For a rate. Mind, someone needs to put some on the list. Right, here's Nathan. Oh, hang on, I think I might have Nathan. Let me let me get Nathan's it's the news junkie.
Speaker 9: Let's go, Shawn c La Sabrina love you guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope god. Hold on, who's the news jokie? Now, Hey, I'm Batman.
Speaker 2: I knew this is gonna be a bad idea.
Speaker 1: Immediately after contemplating this, knew it was gonna be a bad idea blue.
Speaker 2: Sasshole with a dispatch, My.
Speaker 1: News junkies, it's Batman. I came here to do two things, kick butt and have parents, and I'm all it was good.
Speaker 2: It was good.
Speaker 1: Somebody's got to win this as bad as a lot of these are. One more here's pilot my Hey, News junkies, I know it's rate my Batman voice, but I've decided to rate my Robert F. Kennedy junior voice. Not far off. I'm coming for your vaccines, joker, I'm coming. We've got a couple winners and a whole sea of stinker. That's what we have so far in our rate my blank for a Monday here on the show. It's what we do each Monday, and we've been trying a bunch of different things out. This being just the latest of the bunch. I've seen this. I haven't played this yet, so stay by the dump button just in case the audio is no good on this. This says this man has been living a total nightmare for months. Door Dash somehow has this guy's house listed as a taco bell pick up location. Every single day, Confused drivers keep showing up at this man's door demanding orders that don't exist. Why do they go to the door. Don't you drive up to a guy's house and no immediately that you're not out a taco bell? Taco bell, there's no taco bell sign, there's no drive through. All the obvious taco bell signs are not there, but here we are. One of them finally took a brown paper bag the homeowner handed him and immediately called the cops. When the police arrived, they told the homeowner, this driver picked up a taco bell order from you, but the bag isn't Taco bell, and he's confused.
Speaker 2: The homeowner deadpan, So am I.
Speaker 1: The cops show the brown paper pack the driver had sent them and said what's in the bag. The homeowner looks them straight in the eyes and said, cat s. He says, I'm trying to solve this problem creatively. He said, Okay, I'm gonna I'll bring the audio up. Be careful, I'll try to make sure the cat part is censored out. But here, oh hey go oh it's so low. I'm gonna I'm going to try to boost this as much as I can. You can leave in the cat parts s part we didn't censor it out. Yeah, yeah, that's the part I'll try to try to get. Yes, indeed, all right, oh my god, it's so low.
Speaker 3: Okay, he said he came here and picked up a taco bell package, but says a taco bell.
Speaker 1: So he was really confused. Yeah, me too. Hey, you know, I'm here to pick up taco.
Speaker 16: Bell and I'm like, I look like a taco bell?
Speaker 1: He says, Do I look like a taco bell? And I guess you had put cat poop in one of the brown paper bags he's been handing these people. What are the cops doing? There is somebody out? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, actually, you're right, I don't I don't know that they've committed an actual crime, but yeah, we'll see. I don't know how that happens to you, But godspeed to that guy involved in this whole thing on the Moses list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please, what do you?
Speaker 7: What do you do?
Speaker 1: What are your what are your methods of solving this kind of problem? Or otherwise we'll ask Moses and just a bit here well later on this week for sure. All right, somebody else just sent out this in. These people doing this to Mexico are the same people ICE agents are trying to deport from the US.
Speaker 2: Be grateful to your government, liberals.
Speaker 1: I don't know if any of that's true, but I guess they're just pointing out that it's like crime happening because of the cartel thing. And you just see all the fire spewing up. I think most of it is cars set on fire. That's what it looks like. They wanted to get stores, some convenience stores and gas stations at the gas station earlier that they had set on fire. But the sky was completely full of smoke, and you could hear all the alarms ringing out all across Mexico. Because the cartel wanted to be known that they were angry, very upset about all of this. So there you go, and let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Okay, when we come back, we'll get to a bunch of stuff we need to work in before Monday is officially over. In cops have solved a murder in California in the weirdest way, the weirdest way, whatever it takes. I guess how do they solve this murder? Wait till you hear this. It is coming up next in the news, Junkie, let's work in some things here. At the end, somebody just emailed and maybe we could find out some more about this. I didn't hear anything extra, but Julie emails the show and she says, Hi, Junkie, sorry if you brought this up already today. Yesterday, while in the Lake La Sona district of Orlando, around one pm, we heard what sounded like a gunshot. Then what followed afterwards can only be described as sounded like a firewar warehouse on fire. Oh okay, we thought we were under attack. At one point. Do you read this off the next door neighbors app Maybe.
Speaker 2: No, this is email coming in here.
Speaker 3: There was a daytime firework display at like Iola my daytime fireworks. There were some actual explosive fireworks, but I was told a lot of it was like powder cannons ring.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, blew up, Bob, what's going on? Nicole and I had heard it and we were like, this is strange. Why is this happened during the day? But fireworks? Daytime fireworks doesn't make sense. And then you go and you look at the video of it, and I haven't seen any video. Hot damn, they made some daytime fireworks. But they should have given everyone else heads up because it sounded.
Speaker 4: Like we were being bombed.
Speaker 1: It was so yeah, I heard it because I remember that happening, and I was that was right when court you wanted to lay down for a nap because I border with the Lord of the Flies reboots And as I'm sitting there working on some stuff, I'm next to with my laptop on the bed, and I hear a whole bunch of noise, she goes.
Speaker 2: Is that fireworks?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: I think there's some fireworks going off.
Speaker 3: Well, I get it because this is not a time of year where you would expect fireworks. A.
Speaker 1: It's not the time of day where you would expect fireworks. B. So it's a weird time to have explosions like that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: They said they should have let people know about it. How did you want to be informed about it?
Speaker 5: Because ring app apparently because everyone else was, were there gunshots? Fireworks or gunshots? Just had a ton of noise in Thornton Park?
Speaker 4: What was that noise? Multiple banks?
Speaker 5: What's all this boom coming from Lake Iola. What are the fireworks for?
Speaker 1: And it goes on and on and on, and nobody, nobody looks to see if ten thousand other people have posted the same thing.
Speaker 3: It was done at a time where it was Sunday afternoon. It was like right around Farmer's market time.
Speaker 1: So I had some friends that were there who said they they witnessed some of this, but also they saw like a couple of dogs who had gotten off leash because of this, just like zooming past them. Oh, not scared. And it's like, all right, yeah, I don't know how you would have liked to have been informed. I know they talked about Immerse on TV. I know it was in the news. A lot of people don't watch the news, But I don't know what they could have done better. Put some signs up, maybe oh yeah, people are so sensitive.
Speaker 5: Let her home to let you know about all the road closures for whatever marathon they're doing. But just based on that reaction, maybe next year, if they're going to do daytime fireworks, they give some folks aheads up.
Speaker 4: Because a little part of me was like, this is strange.
Speaker 5: This sounds like a transformer or fifteen all went off at the same time.
Speaker 2: I heard it too.
Speaker 4: Fireworks makes sense.
Speaker 1: Now, let's go over to this Burger King. The I don't even know what burger fast food restaurant in the United States right now. They have launched something to try to bring you back to the Burger King fold, to bring it back on with the King himself. Burger King is giving customers something that most major corporations never would, direct access to the president of Burger King.
Speaker 2: All right, the president of a mother show.
Speaker 1: Let's see we might be able to and a new initiative announced this week, Burger King president Tom Curtis shared his personal phone number. Don't believe that invited diners to call or text him directly with complaints, ideas and feedback. Guests are our most important advisors, he said. We're grateful that they provide feedback that is shaping our brand today and in the future. Curtis as he plans to personally respond to as many messages as possible, framing the move as an effort to strengthen the brand by listening to customers firsthand. And he said, here's my number. Now I'll pull up the Instagram post so we can hear it him. This is him. This is this is him right here. Okay, I'm Tom Curtis.
Speaker 17: I'm Curtis, president of Burger King, and here's my number. I'd love to hear from as many of you as possible.
Speaker 18: This is it.
Speaker 17: So give me a call, shoot me a text, or leave me a voicemail. We want to make Burger King better and we do that best when we do it with you.
Speaker 1: Let's talk too. Yeah, there's a zero chance this guy is actually giving out his phone. No, this zero chance, and it's it's sort of like on the neighborhood of being alive for him to pitch it the way he does where he's like, you could, here's my number.
Speaker 2: This is my phone number.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a number, and it's a number where you can collect feedback for sure. But this ain't your personal cell phone number. Pal, It's just not it's this is you just messaging the Burger King Corporation?
Speaker 2: Or can you call it?
Speaker 1: What did he say?
Speaker 2: What happens if I call it?
Speaker 1: Let me try it a ring.
Speaker 5: People are sending their complaints to our texting service. I just want to like, you don't know that that doesn't take place. But I've gotten five of them.
Speaker 4: Hey, burger King.
Speaker 5: How about offering hot correctly ordered and made food in a reasonable amount of time.
Speaker 4: That'd be great.
Speaker 2: Is that too much to ask?
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be, all right, I'm trying one three oh five eight three h five. Isn't that Miami?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I believe it, all right, Miami. That's where the hockey team is celebrating right now on the streets of Miami in a double decker bush. He might not be available, then he might be with them, him and Cash Betel hockey team.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Three oh five eight seven four o five two. Oh okay, Hey, there's Tom burger King.
Speaker 16: I really appreciate you calling to share your thoughts on your BK experience or just on DK in general. Your feedback is really important to me, and we have tons of calls coming in right now, which is awesome.
Speaker 1: I bet, but it also means that I can't.
Speaker 16: Return every single Oh, we'll sell you this. We are looking at every single one, every single text and listening to everything voicemail. So record your message after the beat, or you can text me at this number and we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna get that. Okay. I've seen people in the thread here. I don't know how true this is or not. Somebody try this out. All right, I'm gonna give out the number to everybody, and I want you guys to all simultaneously do this. Everybody, get ready. Everybody listen and get ready and take this number. You guys put the number in chat too, okay, because we're gonna well, we'll bomb them right now and see if anybody gets a response. This is our ultimate test to see if Burger King is actually listening to any of this.
Speaker 2: So here's what they said.
Speaker 1: Is the president of Burger King his phone number three oh five eight seven, four oh five two oh three oh five eight seven, four oh five two oh If we all bomb text this person right now. Some people are saying this is actually real. I texted them and got a reply. Uh just call the left of voicemail very curious. I would call me back, riddle me this.
Speaker 5: Are we also going to get some new deals? And if you act now texts in a couple months where.
Speaker 1: Maybe in the Marketingloye you could There is a thing about hey, where you should pay attention to afterwards. Why is there a lot of people talk about Kazakhstan? What what is this about? Half of the comments are about Kazakhstan. I'll give you an example, mister Curtis. I'm writing from Kazakhstan. Burger King's reputation here is being damaged by his serious inclusion and workplace harassment case. A twenty seven year old employee with autism. Ab Leck worked at Burger King Kazakhstan for four years with no issues. After new regional management arrived, he was reportedly bullied and pressured out.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is like the Cracker Barrel thing all over.
Speaker 1: It was like, yeah, bet Brad's wife getting fired from Cracker Barrel. Now, after the case became public, employees are allegedly being pushed to spread a narrative that he was aggressive and dangerous justified the decision. This contradicts Burger King's global values and is causing major public backlashing Kazakhstan. And they said we want an investigation. So there's a lot a lot of Kazakhstan. Mister President, please help for Kazakhstan. Can you please pay attention to Burger King branch and Kazakhstan. There's a lot of that in these these comments. But everybody sent a text three oh five eight seven four five to two oh and we'll run a test on this to see if anybody's actually getting a reply. I think there's no chance this guy's telling the truth when he says this phone number one. Yeah, I'm aware you're a liar, Tom King, and here's my number.
Speaker 17: I'd love to hear from as many of you as possible, So give me a call, shoot me a text, or leave me a voicemail.
Speaker 1: We want to make burger King better. I have a comment, Tom, I have a comment about a burger King near me that is really concerning. Just say, you know, it's like a burger king that they have the lights, they have employees and outfits and everything. The one thing they don't seem to do is make burger king food. They don't seem to actually make any burger King food, making me think that it's a front for something.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it is or if.
Speaker 1: It isn't, or if it's a Kazakhstan situation, but I get the feeling that this place is doing something else other than selling burger King food because every time I've tried, which granted hasn't been in about six months or a year or so, just that one time a year, you know, how it is, you wake up that one time a year when you want, I want that burger King chicken sandwich, the long one. Now usually for me it's the croissant witch. Those are good too, sometimes with a little medallion. Yes, yeah, I get it once a year. One time a year I get I probably went and had a little too much to drink the night before, and I think you know what I want, switching it up from your breakfast burritos, your McDonald's. Yeah. Yeah, And I'll say I want something different for burg King and then it'll be a failure every time. The place never makes anything. So there's my question to you, Tom. But we'll see everybody. Do you send a text over there and maybe he responds, maybe he doesn't. I don't think he's actually looking at this phone or paying any attention to it at all. I think he's doing burger King things.
Speaker 2: But tell us what you get as a reaction.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see here, we'll get into some more of your your dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut, all of that good stuff. To wrap everything up on a Monday here on the show. In fact, let's take a quick break. We'll come back with all of that and more, and that is coming up next, So then to use junk kie. I saw cameo is trying to get people to buy camios cameos for the the Hockey Olympics wins. And they're like, look, we've got the men's hockey team in the in the women's talk team players And I don't know if anybody's actually from anything recent, because when I brought this up, I was like, well, they got the players already on cameo, but they said from the nineteen eighties team. Okay, that's like the Miracle on Ice team I think. Or this one says Laylah Edwards. Is she out there right now? Because this is US women's Olympic gold medals? La Ila Edwards and Taylor, he says, are female players. I wonder how much these are.
Speaker 5: I mean, she was born in two thousand and four, so I can imagine she's part of this, the new gold medal women's hockey team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be. I see her on the page's she's all dressed up for the gig. I don't know if she's on the team this year, but it would seem.
Speaker 4: Like maybe no represented in two thousand and two. I didn't get it down twenty two.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Okay, yeah, so it was from the last Olympic. That's what I said, because it says Olympic hockey gold medalist, get a cameo from an Olympic hockey start to celebrate the big win. But none of them are the people who just won the game. It's a bunch of older things that are out there. The other people are too much, the partying too hard. They're in Miami partying and up right now. I didn't get any text backs. It says she was the first black woman to win gold with Team USA Hockey. Yeah, but wait's history. This was a day ago.
Speaker 2: Oh really? Okay, so that's she is on the active team.
Speaker 3: And I guess her family at first they weren't going to be able to attend the Olympics, and they try to go fund me, and then Jason Kelsey, I guess put up some money to send him over there.
Speaker 1: Nice. That's cool, all right, I got that's great. Well, she's the actual player for fifty bucks on cameo. If anybody's getting swept up in that Olympics felt, I think that's not bad for a cameo, right, No, it was pretty low. Yeah, fifty bucks for somebody when you just won a gold medal. There's a lot of attention on you, at least at that point. All right, nobody got any text back, I don't think from Burger King, at least not that I've seen. And seems like scammer Rooney on the Burger King part. Really seems like it's not your president's actual cell phone number as advertised. Now we get into the final dispatches, so there's a song for that and everything. These are the final dispatches, but Sean will probably only play true. Let's see, let's see, let's clear the deck. Here is a rate my blank Monday, and I said today we're going full corny, and boy did we ever rate my Batman is the challenge for today, And so far there's been two good ones and just a lot of really really bad ones. But maybe we got something good. Here's Lee Road. No, that's quite short, Lee Road. That's the shortest dispatch. I think I've ever got Batman stuff. Animally just said Batman, that's it, all right, that's your intrigue.
Speaker 2: Here's swilly.
Speaker 1: Batman. I live in the shadows. Forgot them. It's not like a metal bad Yeah, forgot them. I thought we're gonna break out into a song there or maybe you were. Here's bone In. We are way up on your face bone In for this video dispatch, I am whack Man at the pop pop all right by whack Man.
Speaker 4: It was popun idea.
Speaker 1: One more, Here's twin.
Speaker 18: Pro Alford asked me why I do the things I do at night to fight Croy and protect this city. It's because my parents didn't hug me enough because they're dead.
Speaker 1: Not the worst, Rachel, last one. This is the last one for the rate my batman. Oh I got personal. It's a bat.
Speaker 18: Is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be like echo location from a bat.
Speaker 1: I think that is. I think that was the point. I don't know if it was, but I think that was the point. We have to crowd of victory.
Speaker 2: We had real stinkers.
Speaker 1: Danger was the guy that had the batman. Stop it. Lewis sasshole, a lot of parents. That was a funny one.
Speaker 3: Pilot Mike with an RFK Batman Lee Road had the shortest dispatch ever and Swilly laughed his way through it.
Speaker 4: I like the first one was that that was the wait stop it or something like that.
Speaker 2: Wait stop it? Okay, Danger, Danger, let me see.
Speaker 1: If we can find that here.
Speaker 4: One as my second your back up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll give it to Danger. Although it's really strange that I cannot find this as of right now.
Speaker 4: I disapputed.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what it might be. It might be on the second page. Hang on Danger right here with this one. Hi, I'm Batman. You should stop doing crime. Stab it. That's all it took, folks, That's all it took for a winner today.
Speaker 3: Everybody else just shredded their vocal cords to try and win this.
Speaker 1: Thing, and you gave it to him.
Speaker 4: Congratulations.
Speaker 1: Yep, the best Batman stop. You could tell people. You could say, look, I won a best Batman competition. Email me Danger tips at the Newsjunkie dot com, Tips at Thenewsjunkie dot com. That's going to have to be it. On the way out, let's just make sure we've got everything worked in. I didn't get to this California murder that they I think are working on here, but a man was arrested on suspicion of murder after they found a missing seventeen year old South California girl. Southern California girl. They found her leg in the desert. This woman, Tenaya Tovar seventeen was reported missing on December one of last year, and they hadn't seen her since. They said, you traveled more than seventy miles that day, and she used to share her location with her family members, but she stopped that on the day she disappeared, and they found a human leg out in the middle of the desert and got a positive DNA match for this missing girl.
Speaker 3: I got a text back from Burger King, No, thank you so much for sharing your feedback with Tom at Burger King really sounds like it's you, Tom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he definitely writes it that way. He's been listening to our guests.
Speaker 3: He not I and our BK guest care team wanted to personally follow up with you via text to make sure we continue delivering the greatest experience you deserve. If this works for you, please reply with a few more details. We'd love to keep the conversation going, or reach out at link. If you prefer not to receive messages from us, simply reply hashtag stop to opt out.
Speaker 1: At any time.
Speaker 4: Stop.
Speaker 1: That's new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought you just put all caps stop.
Speaker 4: Asked if they know where the rest of that girl is After finding the land.
Speaker 1: We've only got a leg. We need more pieces. Also over the weekend, a bad news out of the NFL. Rondale Moore was found dead, the NFL wide receiver who had some injuries at just twenty five years old. Unfortunately, this happened in New Albany, and they said it was a self inflicted gunshot wound. For the former NFL wide receiver, poor dude twenty five going through a lot of stuff, I guess. He was traded to the Atlanta Falcons in twenty twenty four. He dislocated his right knee during training camp and never ended up playing for them. Then he signed for the Vikings in twenty twenty five, but blew out his left knee while returning a punt in the first exhibition game. Spent a whole season on injured reserve. He was so distraught after immediately realizing the seriousness of that injury, he slammed his hand down on a cart so hard the sound was audible throughout the stadium. And because of these injuries and maybe some other things, he ended up taking his own life. Unfortunately. Jesus, all right, we got to get the hell out of here. We have done enough damage for the day, and that is bringing us to the finish line.
Speaker 2: So let's get out of here. Let's do today.
Speaker 14: I learn following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 1: So don't get cocky.
Speaker 18: Now it's done.
Speaker 1: What we call today, it is today I learned for a Monday, February twenty third, twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Today learn on this show right here, Kick.
Speaker 1: Hill kicks correct, Bottle Hill, King of the Hill, propane. I would also take it just propane if you just shouted that out. But on King of the Hill, something that they talked about dead butt syndrome aka diminished gluteal syndrome in season five with King of the Hill is a real medical condition.
Speaker 2: The lack of butt muscle is also called.
Speaker 1: Sleepy glutes, flabby butt, or long back to the sleepy gluten and pancake gas. Come on. There are exercises that can address this, and on King of the Hill, turned out that Hank Hill had an issue with that. It would appear.
Speaker 2: Let's see what else, Tom Brady.
Speaker 1: What do we know Tom Brady from his son in the mouth. Both of those things are correct, Yeah, congratulations, Both of those things are accurate and correct. But Tom Brady is such a phenom. He's better than just being good at football, He's also good at baseball. It seems Tom Brady was also a skilled baseball player growing up. He was drafted by the Montreal Expos in nineteen ninety five in the MLB Draft. Upon his retirement in twenty twenty three, he became the last active pro athlete to be drafted by the Expos as a bit a publicity stunt, if you will, that they wanted to do in the baseball world today, learn this guy right here. I don't know if you guys are gonna get this. Yeah, Hell l is right, El Louis.
Speaker 2: That's right Luther Vandross.
Speaker 1: I only had to sound really dumb for a second or two to get you to get that one right Today and during his career, Luther Vandros achieved seven number one songs on the Billboard R and B Singles Chart. He also secured eight number one albums on the R and B Album's chart. Despite this, he never had a number one hit in his entire life, and his first number one album Wasn't It was achieved after he had died. Then Share gave him that Grammy. That's true she was trying to say Luther by Kendrick Lamar and Sizza. That's true. That was a that was a shocking moment for his family for just a bit there. Luther Ronzoni Vandros Junior was the guy's actual name. Died back in two thousand and five. Just in case you were wondering. He uh was an American R and B and soul singer, songwriter, and record producer. Sold over forty million records worldwide.
Speaker 2: Not too shabby, pal today.
Speaker 1: I learned three months before nine to eleven, which is now a imorialized by kids doing nine to eleven style buildings and mockups for their social studies projects and school. As we learned earlier, very interesting, but back then was more of just a tragedy kind of thing. Three months before nine to eleven, there was a band called I Am the World Trade Center that released a song called September, which was the eleventh track on the album. So weird might want to just kind of rally up these guys and ask the questions if you haven't done that already. Out of the Loop was the first album from American synthpop duo I Am the World Trade Center. Less than two months later. It gained controversy after the September eleventh attacks due to both the band's name and the title of their eleventh track on the album, September. I do like how people will see something like that and they'll go, oh my god, this can't be a coincidence.
Speaker 8: They knew.
Speaker 1: They knew, you guys. It's like you think they knew there was going to be a terrorist attack on the United States of America. And they named their band and their album and a song after.
Speaker 5: It, and they tried to tell us, Yeah, had one of his lyrics was like blow up like the World Trade, you.
Speaker 4: Know, and you know what happened.
Speaker 1: He knew, and that there was another one too, there's another like blow up with It's something that happened before. That was the first time that yeah, where they bombed that sucker. Second time took the building down though. And finally, let's see here today learned this band right here? Good luck everybody, that's right. The Temptations lead singer David Ruffin, lead singer of the Temptations. I guess they're all kind of lead singers in a way, right, Maybe not. He died in a West Philadelphia crackhouse born and raised in nineteen ninety one. He died in a crack house. This guy, his family said he had forty thousand dollars in cash on his person at the time, died from an accidental overdose of crack cocaine at fifty years old. That's nice for the crack house to not take his money, true, just left and right on him. It was he was respected. He was a member of the Temptation for God's sake. Thank you so much hanging with us. We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow at the same time, same place, Miss Studding the show. Get the podcast at the neews Junkie dot com. We'll see you next time. Everybody, you want.
Speaker 18: A lit
Speaker 6: In the time